Total Home Protection provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, Total Home Protection's products can you save time and money.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

Total Home Protection offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

Total Home Protection offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by Total Home Protection:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

Total Home Protection offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from Total Home Protection, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Total Home Protection offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

See if you qualify

The Bad

Coverage

Total Home Protection only covers 33 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by Total Home Protection services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

Total Home Protection offers their services to 33 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Total Home Protection below.

2.8

Ron Petty

November 19th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Abysmal customer service. Customer support rude and dismissive. Complete waste of time and money. Takes days and days to get authorization, almost impossible to get a manager, does not cover what they say they will.

carrie johnson

October 27th, 2020 Apopka, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

if your appliance is not new when purchase this plan will find a way not to pay . there technician diagnose and plan say not cover on pre existing. be careful with this plan just take your premium. your money.. after taking plan when call to fix it will not fix and will not replaced. also take a week to let you know about the claim also will not answer phone. customers be ware this company lie to there customer.

Diana

October 14th, 2020 Gulf Breeze, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Worse Company in the World. Dishonest with the Customers . Waste my money paying months. They do not fix my AC when it stopped working. Made the claim never got money back like they told me! Please do no hire them. Do no waste your money!

Dissatisfied Customer

September 21st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am having great difficulty contact about filing a claim and I have not yet been reimbursed for a claim from a few months ago. Customer service and follow up are challenges, even when you submit claims online, you still have to follow up constantly.

tiffany foo

September 11th, 2020 Woodstock, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with this company in total home for over a year and I have two properties with them and when I first put in a claim up on my AC they don't want to cover it and the person they sent said that they never cover anything and he wanted to charge me an extra $500 I got a second opinion and they were able to fix it for $200 I told the customer service and they said they can send me a 200 check. and still haven't received the check. Then I told them about my other property at the garage doesn't work and the manager tried to help me and Its been over 12 days and no one is came out they made another excuse that is not covered so Don't Ever buy them!

Kris Robinson

September 9th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT BUY!! I just got this plan and made my first claim. It took 6 days for somebody to call me. Then the tech shows up, I pay him $45, and he tells me he cannot fix my dishwasher until he submits in writing what is wrong. That was 6 days ago and nothing has happened. Thank goodness it wasn't my AC / heat.

Arica Bores

August 31st, 2020 Denver, CO

Do not buy this home warranty. My washing machine broke I called the warranty and after 4 days they advise they still could not find someone the work on a Maytag washer. They advise me I could find someone myself which I did and they told me all I needed to do was have the service man call their Authorization department. Once authorized they would refund me the full service call minus my co-pay. I followed through with these directions we got authorization to fix the washer the bill came to $306. I filed my claim and they will only reimburse a $150. They said the service call cost more than what they're willing to pay yet their warranty program says they will fix everything for full cost minus your co-pay. They Do not have a full network of contractors as advertised and they provide you with false information and refused to pay your claims.

Collin Krause

August 17th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worse home warranty policy ever! If I could give a negative star rating I would. Our fridge compressor went out on my $2500 fridge. I sent in a claim and technician stated the cost of repair would be around $1400 and recommended replacement. THP offered funds for replacement of $300 ONLY. They pulled out their fine print about they have the right to offer funds for replacement at depreciation value or less. Apparently $300 is the max price they are allowed to offer for replacement of a fridge. This policy is a waste of money!

AC

August 11th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful - run, do not buy. I bought Total Home Protection for my pool, spa, house and everything - the most expensive service. However, they did not fix one item. Every time I had a service call they said that they did not cover it because it had rust, corrosion, sun damage, etc.. When you have old systems, you buy insurance protection. However, the insurance protection is supposed to cover you. I just had the AC man here and he recommended a new unit. They said they do not cover it because it had corrosion... what system does not when it is old. They said they will not replace it even though the plan says that they will replace the AC if the service person can not fix it - I have had the same experience with all equipment - the pool, AC, spa, etc. systems, etc. are outside of course - the systems will get sun and weather damage... They did not even offer Freon for the AC to help cool for a couple of days , which my AC system had 0 because it leaked... hence now I have a hot house and burning hole in my pocket to purchase a new AC. I have many stories,,, run if you think they will cover pipes or anything that is expensive... keep your money and pay direct to a local business.

RONALD

August 7th, 2020 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THP is a sham, cheating, lying company, list water heater but doesn't cover leak, no inspector in Houston to examine inop oven and won't pay $108.00 on a $346.00 repair, won't refund balance of premium. Multiple times, hung up on after waiting on hold for 35+ minutes. I got passed to staff who contridicted what a previous staffer confirmed. An absolute waste of a $900.00 premium. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT!

Nell Hogg

July 25th, 2020 Orange, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My refrigerator went out so I called in to report it. It took 9 days for a repair man to call and set up appointment. When the repairman called in with the problem, he was told it was not covered and offered me $200.00. I refused the $200 and told the company I was going to cancel my policy, they immediately told me they wouldn't pay the $200. I told them to keep it they probably would need it more than I did. They are the worse company I have had to deal with. DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. I really do not want to give them 1 star but will because they probably need it.

Aug 10, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Unfortunately, the consumer chose to cancel their policy in January 2020. Due to the policy being terminated, no further assistance can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Mary Beth Farrelly

July 24th, 2020 North Port, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a Realtor for 38 years and have extensive experience with home warranty companies both personally and professionally. Total Home is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They advertise if they can't fix it they will replace it. Our master board shorted out on our microwave. We followed instructions, the tech came out and said the board needed to be replaced. We waited while the board was ordered. After 10 days the tech came back out and put the new one in. The new board shorted out the same night. The tech said it can't be fixed must be replaced. After days of waiting for info I call Total Home and they said it was the techs fault. We called the tech he said it was Total Homes fault and he wasn't getting paid. I have called Total home numerous times and they keep saying they are working on it. finally I got a manager after 2 weeks and he said they would send us a check for $100. I questioned that and was told our micro was 12 yrs. old and they prorate it. That doesn't sound like repair or replace. It has now been 8 weeks since we went out and bought a new micro and have still not seen the $100 check. I would never do business or recommend them to anyone.

Aug 10, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. This consumer has been contacted by the Mediation Department and a formal review is in process. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Barbara Robinia

July 14th, 2020 Dadeville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a claim about a year ago that took forever to even get a tech to call. The tech that finally came out did not have much good to say about the company. They also find all kinds of excuses not to pay....like dust on an air conditioning unit. I wasn't aware that air conditioner units were ever placed in a vacuum. I called July 8 for dishwasher service. As of today, July 14, no tech has been assigned. They use covid as an excuse but I called several service companies in the area and they are able to come out this week so covid is not gonna fly here folks. I am hoping that I can write a good review for them if they can get a service tech out here sooner than later. They also put you on hold for extremely long wait periods. Not cool if you are trying to improve your reputation.

Aug 10, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Every policy has inclusions and exclusions and, unfortunately, this issue was not covered per the contract. In an effort to still assist the consumer with the excluded Air Conditioning claim, $350.00 was offered to the consumer which was accepted and mailed. In regards to the Dishwasher claim, the consumer chose to go through reimbursement and was reimbursed for their claim. The check is processing and should be mailing in 5-7 business days. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Jason Hew

June 23rd, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst home warranty company ever. Dryer timer broke about 6 months before COVID 19. To date they have assigned me to at least 4 technician none of which have contacted me to fix the dryer which THP agreed to fix. Their service is beyond deplorable.

Aug 10, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you have disputes or major issues with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Leslie R Yuen

June 20th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The claim number is not open 24/7. It is only accessible M-F from 9to5. To process a claim it takes 24 to 48 hrs, however if the claim is filed thursday it will not be until the following week to get your claim process.

Aug 10, 2020

Total Home Protection is not an emergency service and, per the policy, a vendor will be assigned within 2 business days under normal conditions. Upon assignment, the vendor and consumer will then schedule for the next, earliest appointment that works for both parties. Please see the referenced policy section below; III. REQUESTING SERVICE B. Upon request for service under normal circumstances, we will contact an authorized Service Contractor within two (2) days during normal business hours and four (4) days on weekends and holidays after you request service. The authorized Service Contractor will contact you to schedule a mutually convenient appointment during normal business hours. We will determine what repairs constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service. We will accept your request to expedite scheduling of non-emergency service only when a Service Contractor is available. If the Service Contractor agrees to expedite scheduling of a non-emergency service request, you may be required to pay an additional fee. While the main call center is not 24/7, there are a number of tools available that allow claims to be input and assigned at any time. New claims can be placed online or over the phone via an automated claim placement system. Claims are automatically assigned when a vendor is available through our vendor system - no matter if the call center itself is open. Through these tools, we hope to assist consumers with their issue as quickly as possible, however, there are times where a physical agent may need to assign a claim. In those instances, we do expedite emergency situations where able. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Margo Williams

June 12th, 2020 Schertz, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My air conditioner stopped cooling and was icing up. I paid the money for the ac repair company to check the unit out, the said that there was a leak in the system somewhere. THP wouldn’t cover the cost to find where the leak was coming from so I had to pay $240 to the ac company. The AC company sent the pictures and the report to THP, They denied the claim saying that there was rust on the coils and they don’t cover corrosion. They even lied saying that they were told the leak was caused by the rust which was a lie. So after a week of going back and forth with THP I still don’t have air conditioning in my house. They are just scammers, I hate I wasted my money on them.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Every policy has inclusions and exclusions and, unfortunately, this issue was not covered per the contract. In an effort to still assist the consumer, they were advised they could obtain a second opinion diagnosis. They were also provided the contact information of the Mediation department who is currently working to complete their review. The Mediation department will review the claim from start to finish to determine if the claim was determined incorrectly. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Jeffrey Krachun

June 8th, 2020 Pitman, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every experience I have had with them has resulted in delays, long waits on the phone, apologies, and inaction. Six months after my claim was approved, I have not received reimbursement. No one replies to emails, though I get verbal apologies and assurances that it wil lgo out on the phone (but no attempt to make up for six months its been since approval).

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. The check mailed 06/08/2020. In an effort to provide good customer service we have added a free service charge fee on the consumer's account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Jose Trejo

June 5th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a total fake home protection plan last year i got premium package for to year's person i spoke with i clearly ask him what all covered this premium package he told me what all was covered 3 weeks ago about my a/c not working properly they said they were gonna send some one over to take look at it 3 week's past by nobody showed up had to call at least 30 Times finally got a call person told me they were having trouble for some one to come take look at it because corona virus that i had option for me to call technique to come take look at it witch that was a lie because i called 5 different a/c companies they said they would come take look at it asap so this morning i had some one take look at it they called total home protection what needed to be fix couple min latter i received email from April H to call her i called for her to tell me they will not covered it.i payed 700 dollar's for this premium plan just for bunch of lies headache waste of time people dont fall for there lies they will probably will only cover minor money repairs. This was my first claim and they told me they won't cover it

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. The check was mailed 06/05/2020. In an effort to provide good customer service we have added a free service charge fee on the consumer's account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Toni Akers

June 1st, 2020 Latonia, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Mom also has them and her dishwasher broke. They told her it could not be fixed I thought according to our contract with them that they would replace it that’s what I was told on the phone when I signed up for this and I signed my mother up for this. Well that is not what happened they told her that it was perforated due to the age and they were going to send her $150 check to replace her dishwasher. I think that is just terrible I was with American Home Shield for many years and switch to them because of the lower price and was told everything would be the same well it is not if they don’t feel like fixing it they will send you a check for about a third of the price.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Per the contract, Total Home Protection does have the right to offer a Buy-out amount (not to exceed your unit’s depreciated value and at our actual cost) in lieu of repair or replacement. We make this decision at the recommendation of a vendor or one of our experienced authorization technicians. We have reached out to you personally to further discuss this claim decision. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402

Rebeka V

June 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good Customer Service, Good Communication and Reliable company.

DTA

May 28th, 2020 Country Club Hills, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are TERRIBLE!!! If there was a zero I'd give it to them! This is the worse company, they'll send a contractor to your home have you pay them the service fee and then deny your claim! I would never recommend them to anyone!!!!!! A total waste of money

Jenise Johnson

May 28th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WARRANTY FROM TOTAL HOME PROTECTION!!!! I paid up front for 2 home warranties, one for our primary residence, the other for a rental property, over $2K for a 6 year contract on both. I have never filed a claim for the rental and had 5 claims in 3 years for our primary home. The first 2 claims were for a garbage disposal and an electrical problem-both were never serviced because they claimed not to have any available technicians in our area. The third claim was for my refrigerator and ice-maker. I spent over a month going back and forth with them because first, no service providers available in my area, then service provider assigned but never showed up to the appointment twice, and then finally a service provider came out and determined that they were not the correct specialist to diagnose the problem. So after many hours of calling, being being placed on hold and repeatedly being transferred around I asked to cancel my policies. Once I said this I got a representative and they agreed to give me $500 towards a new refrigerator if I didn't cancel my policy. It took over 2 months and repeated calls again to receive the check. THP has denied my most recent claim for my AC unit due to rust and corrosion. My house is less than 4 years old and proper maintenance has been done for all systems. The technician that was sent by THP told me that the evaporator coil was leaking due to condensation and needed to be replaced. THP denied the claim because they said the technician said the evaporator coil needed to be replaced due to rust. I had the service company send me a copy of the report and pictures that they sent to THP. NONE OF IT INDICATES ANYTHING ABOUT RUST! When I called THP back about this I experienced the usual runaround and then of course extremely rude and unprofessional managers that told me the report of rust was made by the technician on a recorded phone call and that was the proof that they are using, not the written report and photos! I asked for a copy of this recorded phone call and the manager said she cannot provide this to me, I would have to write an official letter to their documentations department to request and if they approve it would take over 30 days to receive it. After talking to THP I called the service provider back to confirm if a phone call was made by the technician and they said the technician DID NOT call anyone (that is not their practice) and confirmed that all they have sent THP is the written report and photos. THP is lying! They have no phone call. They are just using this as an excuse to deny my valid claim! THEY WILL ALWAYS FIND A LOOPHOLE TO DENY YOUR CLAIMS!!! I am filing a report with the BBB and I encourage others to do the same to expose their horrible business practices. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. The consumer has reached out to the mediation department to dispute their claim. Mediation is still working with the consumer to finalize the review by reaching out to their technician for clarification. The consumer is also pursuing a second opinion per the policy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

GilbertPapa

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Response was timely, problem solved expeditiously. All for $45!

Van Mitchell

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Slow response time and find ways to not pay. Customer service does not provide you all the details when speaking with them about the repairs and how you will be reimbursed.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. If you have disputes with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected]ection.com. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

McLaughlin

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They had done a service call in a really fast timely manner.

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

responses are not quick at all and other things, have not had svc techs out yet even tho I have 2 issues

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No help in replacing water heaters nor AC issues although I have platinum coverage

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Unfortunately, with the information provided, we were not able to locate your account/policy. This review may be intended for Total Protect and not Total Home Protection. In order to assure your issue gets resolved, please reach out to us to provide further information so that we can locate your policy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Paul

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been with this company going on 2 years and so far they have not failed me. Better customer service than most others.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Tammie

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think they're trying to get out of replacing the air conditioner on me for something that is old we are in tear

De

May 19th, 2020 Kenosha, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT BUY Total Home Protection (THP). I filed a claim for dryer not working. The tech came and saw it, he said he knows what the problem is and said he will talk to the company. I got a call from THP saying the claim cannot be fulfilled since there were toys int he dryer. What the tech ment toys was the wool dryer balls which I use in the dryer. If the tech and the THP claims assessor cannot figure out from the pictures that the toy is the wool dryer (which are similar to bounty sheets), then I am not sure what licensed people are THP hiring. THP asked me to talk to the tech to see if he can clarify this with the assessor. Now, I am stuck and I have to figure out that these two knowledgeable people clarify something what a regular customer could figure out. The real damage is that the motor is not working, and this is not due to normal wear and tear despite my unit not being that old. The motor damages need to be repaired by the warranty company. But as usual they do not want to pay any money when it comes from their pocket. I am so shocked by they saying they rejected the claim and would advice NOT TO BUY this home warranty unless you want to waste your money, time and energy.

SISBOOM

May 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After servicemen didn't 3 days loot at the stopped drain, the company called and said it was not covered because a connecting pipe was rusted or corroded and they didn't cover corrosion. Do the laundry tubs still don't drain. A mess!

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you have disputes with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Donella

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It isso easy and quick to use for the money. Would referthem to anyone.

mzlmor

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick response. I was very pleased that I was assigned a company within 24 hours.

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seemed easy to contact to report a claim. had problem taken care in less than five days

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Contractors are VERY slow. I was lied to multiple times. I even considered just purchasing new appliances because they took SO long.

Karen

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very punctual and very knowledgeable in what was wrong with our dryer

Pat wallace

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was pleased with response and follow through when I needed service on my dishwasher. Saved me about $400.

Stanley

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service and great work; I was difinatly was satisfied with the service.

Lovie

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bad business. Not standing up to what was required of them. Very deceiving. I'm full of regrets.

Blacklock

May 11th, 2020 Santa Fe, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not perfect but very good since we live some 73 miles from a major population, most repair company’s do not want to come this far out to do repairs, glad this company and the contractors it hires will make the trip out here and do good job

Lilly

May 8th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They’re reliable and helpful. Will be accommodating for your particular needs.

Suzanne and Charlie

May 8th, 2020 Sevierville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

New customers and they worked at getting our AC fixed

Glen Neill

May 8th, 2020 New Albany, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick response and friendly agent and fast service callnt

Dissatisfied Customer That Got Scammed

May 8th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is horrible. I would never reccomend anyone to waste their money buying a home warranty from them. Complete frauds with contractors that are frauds.

Ed K

May 8th, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My claim was taken care off , contractors drag feet , need better commitment , also you need to put enough info on line in the customer account to know where they stand with the approval process .

Jun 22, 2020

RAY’S appliance in Kissimmee Fla.

May 8th, 2020 Clermont, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I called today,you guys I was on hold for about 20 min. I have been waiting 4 or 5 weeks for my order. They told me they would e mail me on progress but they haven’t. When I call even today I got a recording and it’s not the first time.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you are one of our vendors, please reach out to our vendor relations team at 1-800-545-0402 and they can assist you further. We are committed to providing a positive customer and vendor experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Bill russ

May 8th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Took 5 days to get someone out to check my air conditioner when the temp was in the 100s, also it still cost me $247 even though I have a $45 copay.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Per the policy, we have up to 2 business days to locate a vendor to service your claims. We are not an emergency service. A vendor was assigned to your claim within 24 hours. After assigning the claim, it is up to the vendor and consumer to chose an appointment time that works for both parties. Upon reviewing the claim, this was a covered claim and the vendor was authorized to complete the repairs. Should the consumer have been charged for the repair, please reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-545-0402 to discuss. The vendor should not have charged you for the authorized repairs. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Totino Joe

May 8th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a great experience with my first incident

Bruce

May 8th, 2020 Ann Arbor, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great services, services are needed at time for all repairs

David

May 8th, 2020 Richmond, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only had to use once. The Hvac contractor was great!