Total Home Protection

4.9

Total Home Protection provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, Total Home Protection's products can you save time and money.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

Total Home Protection offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

Total Home Protection offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by Total Home Protection:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

Total Home Protection offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from Total Home Protection, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Total Home Protection offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

See if you qualify

The Bad

Coverage

Total Home Protection only covers 33 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by Total Home Protection services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

Total Home Protection offers their services to 33 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Total Home Protection below.

2.7

Tianna Sjosten Los Banos, CA

BEWARE. Whoever these people writing reviews are, they must work for Total Home Protection. This is a SCAM company. They will work as hard as they can to never pay a claim. If I could give them a zero star I would. Our AC breaks every year, and every year they tell us they cant find any techs in our area. This is because no company wants to work with them because they never get paid!! So when I call a company on my own (and I have no problem finding one) and pay out of my own pocket, they fight tooth and nail to reimburse. DO NOT USE THIS HOME INSURANCE COMPANY. I never write reviews, but if I can save even one person from this terrible company and save them some money, then it will be worth it!!!

Walter Huyck West Terre Haute, IN

Total Home Protection does not pay the contractors they hire to service your home. How do I know? They hired me four months ago, and have never paid for the service call. When you file claim after claim and no service company shows up it is because this company does not pay their invoices. They got me once, but they will never get me again. I am now a paying customer, unwillingly, because they owe me a service call that they have never paid. Contractors beware.

Maureen Bruno Cassville, NJ

Total Home Protection Dec 16th for 5 years plus one year for $2,250 plus service call of $45. We just moved in and needed service on New Year Eve on our HVAC system that was not heating a house in NJ in the WINTER. I placed an online ticket. I placed two more tickets and finally a vendor scheduled with me. They came out, took the $45 immediately and looked at the system. After 15 minutes, told me his time was up and that it is now being billed by his company by the hour. He could not determine what was wrong and left. WHAT??? I contacted the Total Home Protection, (THP), which is worse than standing in line with no appointment at DMV, and they called the vendor while I was on hold, the vendor did not want to do business with THP and that is when I asked for a full refund and called a reputable HVAC vendor who fixed the issue for a tune of $413. I explained to Keith from THP that the HVAC system they had come to the house to repair the vendor told me after 15 minutes of service and they cannot diagnose the issue it now is on my dime to pay for him to continue, Keith said that is not correct. The manager Keith from THP called and begged me to give them another shot and promised me he would reimburse me the $413. After 20 minutes of him begging, I said that I would. He also said that he would waive the $45 service call on the next visit. Worse mistake I made. Before hanging up he said if you have any issues going forward please call him. A week later had an electrical issue, again put in a ticket and 4 days later the Electrical vendor called and said, so and so will be there in the afternoon on that day. Whoa I said, I did not know anyone was coming. THP never said they scheduled already with you, we rescheduled for the following day. A young man arrived from the company. Not an Electrician. I told him everything that was going on, walked him around to everything and that is when he said, ok, I have to wait for the electrician Ivan/Igor to arrive. I said you are not the Electrician. I think he should have waited and they both come in at the same time. Or told me he was not the Electrician. The first young man, after testing the outlets said that the GFI's might all need replacing. The Electrician said too many GFI on one-line trips it. He also said the toaster and the coffee pot cannot be plugged in at the same time. Really?? I asked him if he was ready to see the other issues and said, this was the only thing he was scheduled for. The young man called the called his company and he was wrong they were schedule for it all. He determined 3 of the 4 issues were fine. Since they could be replicated. The GFI's are still tripping in the 4 areas. I called to speak to Keithagain, since he told me if I have any problems to speak to him directly and he of course could not be reached. Tommy who is equal to Keith answered. I insisted that I wanted to speak to Keith as he knew all the background. Bottom line I wanted to cancel. Tommy after me explaining everything to him at the end said Keith will want to speak with me. Great I said, I will not change my mind. Keith called and cancelled my account, I asked him about the $413 from January and he said that the refund of the warranty would cover it and it would be a wash. Well, NO it did not cover the $413 HVAC charge and it was not returned in full. It would have been, if they said what they said was true, and honored the CONTRACT we entered into together. In my opinion, run away from TOTAL HOME PROTECTION. Do not commit to anything with them. Not sure if they use vendors that cannot make its own their own or just poor preforming vendors, but they are not honorable and are very dishonest company. Extremely disappointed end user. Not worth the hassle, money, or time to be lied too.

Janet from Hwd Florida

The tech sent to repair an old dryer with several problems, came quickly for the repair & made it like new. If all companies used by Total Home Protection are this knowledgeable & efficient, I would give highest recommendation.

Reply from Total Home Protection

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 24th, 2020

Andre K Hernandez Kissimmee, FL

Awful experience, first I had a claim for my A/C 35 days after I had bough my warranty. A/c was not covered and insinuated I was a thief by pretending that the a/c has just broke. Then bathroom air vent went out the guy came a week later collect the fee and left. Three weeks later and few phone calls the guy showed up with the wrong vent, go to the store destroyed the ceiling trying to fit the fan and finally I asked him if he can't fix it is fine we can call another guy. A week later I received a call the extra repair is not covered and I need to pay for it so they can install the fan. Total madness. As a REALTOR I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Toni Akers Latonia, KY

My Mom also has them and her dishwasher broke. They told her it could not be fixed I thought according to our contract with them that they would replace it that’s what I was told on the phone when I signed up for this and I signed my mother up for this. Well that is not what happened they told her that it was perforated due to the age and they were going to send her $150 check to replace her dishwasher. I think that is just terrible I was with American Home Shield for many years and switch to them because of the lower price and was told everything would be the same well it is not if they don’t feel like fixing it they will send you a check for about a third of the price.

Reply from Total Home Protection

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Per the contract, Total Home Protection does have the right to offer a Buy-out amount (not to exceed your unit’s depreciated value and at our actual cost) in lieu of repair or replacement. We make this decision at the recommendation of a vendor or one of our experienced authorization technicians. We have reached out to you personally to further discuss this claim decision. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Cindy

The claim process handled by agent could have been handled better. Communication needs improvement. Left messages and emails to Ashley Martin to contact me and no return calls. My refund took forever due to incorrect information given by Ashley. Also when I called about a new claim it was 5 mins till closing and the guy wouldn't take my info...Frustrating!

Homeowner

They had the best price with the lowest service fees ofvallnthe companies I checked. I liked that I could pay for a long term up front and not have to worry about a monthly charge. I have not actually had to use the service yet, but the plan seems like it will fit my needs.

Greta Altheimer, AR

I didn’t anticipate investing as much money as I did into maintaining my home so my savings depleted very quickly. However, a friend recommended I get a warranty and I ended up getting one from Total home protection. It’s been a great move for me and my bank account. My deductible payment is affordable and the timeliness of their service has kept me a loyal customer. I feel like I made a very informed decision with this purchase. All you have to do is put in a claim online and someone contacts you pretty quickly. I had my oven fixed last week after finding that there was a short in it. Great , very useful service.

Kilija St Louis, MO

You know when you've found a good company...you don't dread calling them when you have an issue. I found myself happy to call Total Home Protection whenever I needed a repair because they always come through. They are reliable, efficient and trustworthy...so I'd say they're worth the money. I've gotten my fridge, my ice maker, my microwave, my oven and my shower fixed through this company and each and every time, the process was seamless: I submit a claim online, someone contacts me shortly after to confirm details, I schedule a time with a technician, the technician shows up, assess the problem, makes a call, my claim is approved and he does the repair. It's just as straightforward as they say it is. I am thinking about upgrading my plan, but I thought I'd write a review first. This is definitely a worthy company.

Freddy

My whole family is happy that we decided early on to get a TotalHomeProtection warranty. My wife has done an amazing job decorating and maintaining our home to fit our needs so we thought it would be smart to invest in something that maintains all of her hard work. With our home warranty, we are able to afford regular repairs and we enjoy access to technicians who are certified, but in my experience, also very professional, capable and knowledgeable. When our washing machine had a blowout at the start of the week, we didn’t bother panicking. Instead, we submitted a claim online that someone followed up with within a few hours. Then, we had someone come by who took a long at our washer and found it to be irreparable and unmanageable. Provisions for a replacement was made and long story short, my family and I are grateful to have Total Home has an asset, and also for clean clothes.

marco jolot Cambridge, MA

Total Home Protection was a great service which was recommended to me by friends. After checking the reviews, I decided to get their Platinum warranty. Not too long ago my hot water heater broke. I called THP and filed a claim with my policy. The customer service rep was super. She arranged for a contractor to come out and take a look. John was on time and very nice. After tinkering with the water heater for a while, he said that it would have to be replaced. He spoke to THP on the phone, as did I and a new hot water heater was selected. Everything was delivered and he was back to install it. When he drove away, I knew THP was a good choice. The best part is the whole thing only cost me my deductible. Thanks!

Davina Moore Easton, PA

My parents had there house since me and my brothers was born. It was their first home when they got married so they only purchased was the normal home insurance. After they passed I took over, I found out that my friend bought the protection plan from Total Home Protection, i looked into a plan for me. In speaking to an agent we were able to come up with a plan they not only can afford but also give them the protection i needed for my home my parents worked so hard for. My extended warranty was able to replace the whole electrical system when it started failing a few months ago. The whole electrical system was deemed dead and out dated and unsafe, so I worked with customer service not only to replace the electrical system but upgrade the fuse box. The agent made the claim process was so easy and simple and the work was done on time and efficiently. I would recommend Total Home Protection to anyone because you never know what emergencies or unknowns can happen.

Whitney Genther Coloma, MI

I had a kitchen light fixture go out on me and it would not turn back on. I called customer service, which had a tech come out the next day. The tech had the problem fixed in a hour. Having to live within a fixed income this was such a great deal since I only had to pay my deductible. They are such a professional business to work with also. The tech actually gave me a phone call a few days after to check and make sure everything was working correctly for me still. I’ve never had a call from a servicer unless I had asked them to call me. Prompt, professional and courteous and they fixed the problem.

Nikkia Hall Suitland, MD

I'm so happy I chose THP for our home protection needs. A few days ago I noticed my hot water heating unit would not turn on. I checked my water heater to noticed that it was not heating up at all. I knew that we would not be able to continue to heat my home without it. I was so glad I did not have to worry about what I was going to do. I made one call to THP and told customer service everything that was going on with my water heater. I was pleasantly surprised that they immediately scheduled a contractor to come over the next day to look at my water hear. He noticed there was a problem with the pilot staying lit. He was able to replace the pilot light and it works great now. I recommend this extended warranty from THP.

Shantee Flint, MI

My hot water heater stopped working a couple of days ago. I assumed that the pilot needed to be lit, so I tried to light it and nothing. I needed to have it looked at. I used my home warranty at Total Home Protection and was surprised to see that it was covered. The person I spoke with was very helpful and efficient in arranging for a local contractor to come over as soon as possible. He was very nice and determined that the pilot light needed to be replaced. He put in the new one and it came right on. My only expense was my deductible. I am so thankful for my home warranty with Total Home Protection.

Juanita James Baltimore, MD

I am more than happy to say Total Home Protection has done an outstanding job in protecting my home. They have dealt with our problems over the years several times. Each time, they showed us no problems and were more than happy to satisfy our need. All it takes is a simple phone call and have the service guys set to come out. As long as I have been with this company they have been professional and of very high quality. I could imagine that this type of work they provide would cost a good amount without THP warranty. We will continuously renew our contract. I wish we knew about this company before. There's nothing like it. Thank you, THP!

ticarra martinez

I'm super duper, happy that I decided to get Total Home Protection. I was in the process of making a big family dinner for my family and some family member's from out of town coming to visit way from the east coast . I was baking most of the food. I went to turn oven on to preheat and it would not turn on I just about lost it as the top range was working fine. I immediately got on the phone and talk with Annette who was friendly and very helpful. She was able to locate a contractor to come and take a look. He came out in about 1 hour and fixed the minor problem, which was a blown fuse. It was fixed in a jiffy. I was able to cook my family dinner and dessert's on time and I'm so happy. This warranty is a keeper!

Kristin Capone Abbeville, SC

We have the Platinum plan and are now overjoyed we chose it! We thought something was wrong with the HVAC unit because the air conditioning just didn't seem to be blowing as hard. We knew our platinum plan covered our heating and cooling unit so we called. They were very professional, just good old fashioned customer service. They took the time to really listen to my explanation without interruption. We had a service person here the next day. It wasn't the unit itself, it was fallen degraded duct work. I saw dollar signs immediately. I just looked at my husband and whispered...."this could be major money ". I really at that time didn't realize our platinum plan also covered duct work. You just can't imagine how thrilled we were. All we had to pay was our deductible. This plan just paid for itself. Beyond satisfied. It takes away that feeling of worry if something goes wrong at wrong time, how do you pay for it? Platinum plan with THP was worth it for us.

Shelia Moulds Columbus, MS

As I was getting up to wash my dishes I noticed that I didn’t have any hot water. That’s when I realized my hot water heater went out. I called THP customer service an got in touch with Mandy from the warranty department. We set my appointment for someone to come look at my hot water heater the next day. After thoroughly looking it over, the service man decided that I needed a new, up to date hot water heater. He put in the order, and two days later it was installed. All I had to pay was my deductible upon installment. I loved how they sorted everything in a timely manner. Every homeowner should have a protection plan with THP.

Patricia Savina Los Angeles, CA

I have a built-in microwave oven combo that recently stopped heating and turntable stopped working. A new unit will probably run me in the $3,000 range. Money is tight and I just can’t drop that kind of money to buy a new one. I called THP and asked if the appliance was covered in my warranty. Fortunately it was covered. I made an appointment for the repairman to come in. The next day, the repairman came in, had the magnetron replaced and got a new circuit board. Problem solved. Looking back, I was grateful to have THP warranty in time like that. For the money I spent on getting myself a THP warranty is nothing compared to the headache I would have gotten otherwise.

RACHEL RODARTE Hesperia, CA

After calling Total Home Protection and explaining the problem I was having with my refrigerator, Sean, immediately, reassured me, and told me not to worry, they will get a repair person in the morning. The repair man showed up on time, showed his ID, did his job, cleaned the area he was working in. He also explained what was wrong with the refrigerator. He was very polite, and asked if I had any questions? I did, and I ask how much was this going to cost, he said because I have an extended warranty with Total Home Protection, I would only pay the deductible. I was surprised and at the same time relieved. I have to say that I'm a a very happy customer of Total Home Protection. I recommend THP to all my friends.

Amber Sedatra Loganville, GA

I am not one to take the time to write reviews, but I feel like I needed to share my experience since I was skeptical about even purchasing my home warranty. I invested my life's savings into my new home, and when I found that my roof had a leak within the first year of purchasing my home, I was pretty upset. It was minor, but financially I was not prepared for such an endeavor. I tired about every self repair kit at Lowes, but finally had to break down and call in a roofing company. The quotes I received were astronomical. It was then I reached out to Total Home Protection to see if there was a small chance that any kind of roof work was included in my plan. The rep said that I DID opt in to the roof leak coverage in my plan, but the contractor would be able to assess if it would be approved or not. They sent over a very professional contractor who specialized in roofing. My claim ended up being approved and the leak is completely fixed!. This type of warranty paid for itself for sure. It is great to know when the unexpected happens I have an ally to help me get it replaced or at least point me to a reputable and affordable contractor. They have connections that I simply couldn't find without their help.

Breann Valdosta, GA

Total home protection was there when all else failed. I never thought they were an essential need until you have something mess up in the home. You need them on your side. Not everyone has money in their account to fix an unexpected problem with their home. My hot water heater leaked all over. I quickly shut off the water and called customer service. This happened early in the morning so they were able to schedule someone to come to my home by the end of the day. Once the tech arrived, he replaced the hoses and completed a few other checks. All I had to pay was my deductible. I am keeping an extended warranty with THP for a very long time.

Suzy Chinnaswamy Houston, TX

My experience with Total Home Protection has been excellent. From the warranty coverage to the customer service, I could not be happier. I have been a customer of Total Home Protection for five years and I have used it numerous times. It has already paid off itself with the amount of labor, repairs and replacements I've had. This time, it was the dishwasher. I ran it when I went to bed and I got up to water all over (luckily I have a tile floor or I would be fixing that too). I called immediately and the representative was super nice. She arranged for a plumber to be scheduled. Basically, he had to remove the dishwasher and get a new one, as well as replace the leaky lines. The representative was able to confirm coverage and the plumber came back the next day to complete the repairs. All I had to pay is my deductible. Problem solved quickly. I expected nothing less from them. Very reliable company.

Catherine Southard Citra, FL

When I first got my home warranty I didn’t think I’d ever need it and it was a waste of money. But I can say that I’m so happy that I kept it. My roof started leaking when a really bad storm, water came pouring through. I was scared that the minor roof damage would turn into my roof suddenly collapsing in on me. Plus, I was sick of the constant dripping sound I was hearing in my home. I called Total Home and they had a contractor came out and patch up the roof for me. No more leakage! I saved a ton of money and a lot of stress. I would recommend everyone to get a home warranty because you never know when you're going to need it.

Aaron Tallahassee, FL

I don’t know what I what I would've done without my home warranty! We had a small electrical fire. The fire ruined my attic and living room. Total Home Protection was quick to respond. They scheduled a contractor to come out and take a look at the electrical wiring in my house. The contractor was definitely an expertise in his field and he took the stress out of a bad situation. Although my warranty, could not cover the damage actually caused by the fire, because it was secondary, I was grateful that they were able to cover the cost of the rewiring of my home. The money I saved there, I was able to put towards doing damage repair on my attic and living room. If you haven’t considered getting an extended home warranty, please do

Allen Dominique Houston, TX

When it rains, it pours and I was having one electrical problem after another. When one outlet stopped working I just ignored it but immediately after, another did the same. Then the hallway light switch went out. I remember my Total Home rep explaining that electrical repairs are included in my plan. I gave them a call and had a technician scheduled to come out. Once he arrived, he contacted Total Home and got straight to work. He not only fixed everything but found the central cause. He assured me that I would not have any more issues. Other warranty companies can really learn from this company, they are the gold standard!

William Burgess Rocky Mount, NC

I purchased a home warranty from Total Home and am very satisfied with my purchase. Having your own home can be stressful at times, especially when unexpected things happen.There's a lot of reassurance in knowing that you won't have to scramble for a repairman's number or work a million extra hours to be able to fix the pipes if they burst or anything like that. This home warranty is probably one of the most important things to have as a home owner. I'm glad I recognized it was worth it. The coverage is absolutely worth having. I recently had a simple repair job done on my ice maker that was completely hassle-free and cost-effective.

Shay Haggins Charlotte, NC

I feel great that I protected by home with a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I had no idea that I could purchase anything like this to cover the damages not only to the home itself, but also to all of my appliances. I am looking forward to having the dripping in my refrigerator fixed once and for all. The best part is, I recently had a small leak in my roof that I am sure could've caused substantial damage. I was able to have a contractor come out to fix my roof within two days, which was luckily right before a thunderstorm. Great, efficient service that makes sure your repairs are affordable. I recommend to anyone looking to protect their home

Delayen Weeden Indianapolis, IN

I had some problems with my refrigerator. I decided to use my home warranty for the first time and I was really pleased. I was concerned that my coverage would be denied because my refirigerator was such an old model, but the woman I spoke with in customer service (Emily) assured me that repairs could be done and covered regardless of the make and model. Emily answered all my questions before scheduling a contractor to come out. He assessed the damage and told me that my fridge was beyond repair. I called Emily again and she processed a claim for a replacement fridge. In two days time, I had a brand new fridge. I now have a functioning refrigerator that works great. Home warranties are a must have.

Kelly Glenn New Rochelle, NY

Who knew long-term warranties for household items existed? Total Home Protection is the perfect service for anyone looking for extra support for their home. Their Platinum plan that covers washers & dryers and EVEN built-in microwaves was such a Godsend. Right before my husband's family arrived for an extended stay, my dryer and our microwave decided to malfunction to what we thought was the point of disrepair. My husband was frustrated and ready to purchase a new dryer and rip out built-in microwave right out of its nook but I quickly remembered that we had recently purchased a THP plan. I contacted them and they immediately selected and scheduled servicemen for the next day. I was so impressed with the caliber of the service workers. They were quick, professional and pleasant. Also, both items were covered by my plan. I was left with a tiny deductible. So impressed!!!

Rex France ,

ZERO STARS!!! UNLESS YOU LIKE TO SPEND 4HRS OF YOUR TIME JUST TRYING TO TALK TO SUPPORT REP.. WANT TO MAKE SURE NO ONE USES THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AND LOSE THERE $$, DENIED ONLY CLAIM AND WAS COVERED ITEM.. THEY CHANGED DENY REASON 3 X'S, I WAS HAPPY TO CANCEL AND LOSE 1/2 MONEY I PAID UPFRONT TO NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

Mitchell W Las Vegas, NV

I requested a repair of leaking water heater on Sep, 2020. Local guy contacted Total Home protection that said they can't repair my water leaking heater because it is leaking !!!. I paid 100 % repair cost of $ 1,700 from my pocket. They committed to pay $ 400 as a good-will gesture that didn't arrive even after 4 months. Total Home Protection collected monthly fee from consumers but never paid for any repairs. This looks like a legit company but a totally fraudulent company that robbed my money.

Dissatisfied Customer

I am having great difficulty contact about filing a claim and I have not yet been reimbursed for a claim from a few months ago. Customer service and follow up are challenges, even when you submit claims online, you still have to follow up constantly.

FRANK ANGULO Montgomery, AL

I PURCHASE THIS PROTECTION SERVICE AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT I HAD BEFORE ABOUT 2MONTHS AGO. OUR DRYER IS DOWN AND I CALLED IN FOR SERVICE, THEY STATED T WOULD TAKE 24 HRS TO 48 HRS FOR A TECH. i CALLED AFTER 50 HRS AND THE PERSON TOLD ME I HAD TO WAIT LONGER. I THEN CALLED THE NEXT DAY AND THEY ASSIGNED A NEW CONTRACTOR, ITS BEEN ANOTHER 50 HRS AND I HAVE NOT EVEN RECEIVED A CONTRACTORS PHONE NUMBER. I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY TOLD ME TO LOOK FOR MY OWN CONTRACTOR!!!!!!! I ASKED FOR FOR A REFUND OF THE ALMOST $800 i PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND THEY STATED THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK. NOW IM STILL WAITING WITH A BUNCH OF WET LAUNDRY, WTF!!!! DONT BOTHER WITH THESE GUYS. THEIR REPS ARE RUDE AS f..... TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey Krachun Pitman, NJ

Every experience I have had with them has resulted in delays, long waits on the phone, apologies, and inaction. Six months after my claim was approved, I have not received reimbursement. No one replies to emails, though I get verbal apologies and assurances that it wil lgo out on the phone (but no attempt to make up for six months its been since approval).

Reply from Total Home Protection

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. The check mailed 06/08/2020. In an effort to provide good customer service we have added a free service charge fee on the consumer's account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Home Owner

The company states it provides 24/7 service but that's a play on words. It doesn't have third party companies on emergency stand by. That maybe why the service call fee is lower than other home warranty companies. However, when the personnel finally comes out, they provide good service.

Reply from Total Home Protection

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. Per the policy, Total Home Protection's new claim placing system is available 24/7. While our location itself closes on weekends, holidays, etc - we do have measures in place to allow consumers to place claims online and over the phone. We also have a system in place that assigns vendors to service your claims over the weekends and after normal work hours where available. If you would like to review a copy of your policy you can do so online through our consumer portal or by calling our customer care team who can send one to you through email. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402

Mar. 10th, 2020

This system is easy to arm & disarm. I trust this unit for my protection. My only complaint is that extra camera , etc are to expensive to add to package.

Bruno Miami, FL

I want to say thank you to a gentleman named Jeff for his professionalism and patience with me. I just bought a home last year and after much confusion, I was ready for some peace of mind. Jeff helped me out with getting a warranty that was budget-friendly but covered everything I needed, especially the expensive washer and dryer my wife insisted on getting. Thank you again Jeff.

Benji

Total Home Protection is a very trustworthy company. I first purchased coverage for pretty much all of my appliances in my new home. When my dryer suddenly stopped getting hot, I had no problems from Thp getting someone to come out. I was so pleased with the services, I decided to cover my whole home and with the price of my deductible, I'm certain I made the right decision.

Philip Alexander Houston, TX

When my family and I had to replace our oven due to its sudden malfunctioning, Total Home Protection made the process easy. I’m glad I had a warranty in place when the breakdown occurred. I felt reassured throughout the whole process and it was fast and quick to get a brand new oven in less than 2 weeks. We are so happy with our new appliance and are comforted to know we always have help when we need it.

Wayne Brattleboro, VT

I thought it was in my best interest to look for a service like this. I have frequent problems with the appliances in my home because I have a big family so everything gets used pretty often. Total Home Protection has helped me offset the normal cost and time I usually have to put into getting these repairs done. I’m able to consistently maintain my home better without breaking the bank.

Yasmin Cos Cob, CT

The garbage disposal in my kitchen sink stopped working for whatever reason. The repairman sent from Total Home Protection was surprisingly able to fix it pretty quickly. I was astounded because the amount of trash that was backed up in there was ridiculous. I’m happy to have my disposal fixed and even happier that it didn’t take weeks and weeks and cost me an arm and a leg.

Allen Benson Austin, TX

Within 6 hours, I had an appointment set up with a technician to fix my garage door opener. I was very satisfied with the response time as well as the service I received from the individual who repaired the garage door. He was professional and seemed genuinely happy to help me get my door fixed. I highly recommend Total Home’s warranty for all home owners. It definitely helps.

Deka Cynthia Atlanta, GA

I told my friend Joan about Total Home Protection and she hasn’t stopped talking about them. You get the best services from these guys for a price you can’t get anywhere else. My home warranty with THP covers repairs and maintenance of all my home appliances and I no longer worry about looking for local repairers for my television set, my AC, or any of the things I have at home. I simply call THP and they send me a local contractor right a way. This is a good choice and the best among the rest, they save me money and time and I love them for that. Thank you.

Sophia Lawson Minneapolis, MN

Never thought I'd be a "guarantee individual," however I got truly tired of looking for another repairman each time something in my home gave out. Thought it merited an attempt, and it's been really charming up until this point. Simple cases process...my claims were endorsed for my fumes fan and my cooktop. They essentially handle everything. Made an arrangement, fellow appeared, issue settled. Clear

Claudius Rodney Palm Beach Gardens, FL

My wife Sunnie has always been a worrier. So to reassure her I purchased a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I thought she was paranoid, but she ended up having the last laugh when the hot water heater sprung a leak. Thanks to the warranty she talked me into we were covered for the replacement of the water heater and the cleanup of the damage.

Jay wood Everett, WA

I just wanna give a HUGE! thank to you Total Home Protection. When my dishwasher wasnt washing dishes properly and leaking soap, I gave total home protection a call and in a a day’s time, they were able to visit with me and give a time frame for being finished and what was exactly wrong with it assuring that I knew nothing wrong would happen with his expertise. Thank you so much for fixing my dishwasher!!!

Lena Bridgeport, CT

Thought it would make sense for me to finally write a rerview on this company because I constantly tell customer service that I'm a big fan. If you're considering buying a home warranty, start here. Great pricing for the amount of coverage. I have the platinum plan, and I pay just a $60 deductible for services. They worked with me through my small budget to create a plan with add-on's that was fitting for my home. Ask them a lot of questions and they'll answer. I like this warranty company because they seem like they're serving me, and it works for me. Make sure it works for you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.