Best Company Guarantee American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

LAST UPDATED: October 6th, 2022

American Home Shield® is the founder of the home warranty industry and is one of the market leaders with over 1.7 million customers. Beginning in 1971, the company's goal has always been to protect homeowners from high, unexpected home repair costs. American Home Shield is affiliated with the home service company Frontdoor.

With its extensive experience in the home warranty business, American Home Shield is a trusted name compared to other service providers in the industry. American Home Shield offers a variety of warranty plans, including a build-your-own plan that allows customers to select the individual systems and appliances they'd like coverage for.

Read American Home Shield reviews below as well as the pros and cons of the company.

The Good

• Time in Business
  • Discount Programs
  • Three Flexible Plans
  • Electronics Plan
  • Multiple Fee Options
  • Upfront Contract Information
  • No Home Inspection
  • Discounted Air Filters
  • Sample Service Contract
  • American Home Shield Reviews

Time in Business

American Home Shield has more than 45 years of experience and became the industry founder when it created home warranties back in 1971. American Home Shield now has more than 1.7 million customers and is one of the largest warranty companies in the industry. Being in business for so long is a good indicator that American Home Shield is equipped to give its customers what they want in a home warranty company.

Discount Programs

In addition to its decades of home warranty experience, American Home Shield offers its customers many money-saving incentives, including its Appliance Discount Program. With this discount program, customers save money over MSRP and have Energy Star certified options. Customers can also benefit from American Home Shield's "Refer a Friend" program, which rewards customers with a $25 Amazon gift card for each friend referred. In addition, the company offers discounts on air filters.

Three Flexible Plans

American Home Shield offers a home systems plan, appliances plan, and a combo plan — these plans are known as the following: ShieldSilver™, ShieldGold™, and ShieldPlatinum™. A detailed of what each plan covers is as follows:

ShieldSilver™ Plan
Covers 14 major home systems:

• Air conditioner
  • Heating units
  • Ductwork
  • Exhaust, vent, and attic fans
  • Breaker and fuse panel box
  • Doorbell and chimes
  • Interior electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door openers
  • Interior plumbing system
  • Toilets
  • Faucets and valves
  • Whirlpool tub motor and components
  • Water heaters

ShieldGold™ Plan
Covers all the systems included in the ShieldSilver™ Plan, as well as the following appliances:

• Refrigerators
  • Garbage disposal
  • Instant hot/cold water dispensers
  • WashersDryers

ShieldPlatinum™ Plan
Covers all systems included in the ShieldSilver™ and ShieldGold™ plans, as well as the following roof leak coverage:

• Shingles, tiles, and shakes
  • Flat, non-metal roofing
  • Flashing
  • Underlayment

These plans will cover the majority of homeowner needs, but American Home Shield offers add-on coverage for household electronics, as well as pools and spas.

Electronics Plan

A unique coverage option provided by American Home Shield, offered by Allstate Protection Plans, is its electronics coverage plan, protecting any electronics in your home. Any new products that your purchase will be automatically covered, if eligible. Some eligible products include the following:

• TVs
  • Home theater systems
  • Desktop/laptops
  • Tablets
  • Printers
  • Smart Home products
  • Headphones
  • Video game consoles (including controllers)

Electronics will be covered for mechanical and electrical failures due to normal wear and tear, as well as unprecedented events, such as a power surge.

Real Estate Plans

American Home Shield provides flexible coverage options for home buyers and sellers, allowing you to shop or sell confidently. The company provides the following plans:

ShieldEssential℠
Covers major home systems:

• Heating and cooling
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Rekey service

ShieldPlus℠
Covers all systems included in the ShieldEssential℠, as well as the following major appliances:

• Kitchen appliances
  • Laundry appliances

ShieldComplete℠
Covers all systems included in the ShieldEssential℠ and ShieldPlus℠ plans, as well as some added services:

• Roof leak repair
  • One free rekey with no service fee
  • Unlimited refrigerant
  • Coverage for code violations, permits, and modifications

Each plan is backed by a 30-day workmanship guarantee and each includes special member offers. Real estate agents have the added benefit of the American Home Shield Partner Portal to easily track and manage client home warranty plans.

Multiple Fee Options

With American Home Shield, customers pay a trade service call fee for a professional to help them with their problem, then fix the system or appliance or replace it. The three options for this service fee are $75, $100, and $125, which gives customers flexibility in how much they pay each month for their plan coverage. The higher the trade service call fee, the lower the amount the customer will pay each month.

Upfront Contract Information

American Home Shield offers a sample contract on its website, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what the company offers. American Home Shield also states upfront that the company does not require a home inspection in order to purchase a warranty plan and will not limit coverage based on the age of any of your home systems or appliances, making it easier for customers to get warranty coverage.

This upfront contract information helps the customer decide early on if American Home Shield is a home warranty company that will work for their needs.

No Home Inspection

Unlike some home warranty providers, American Home Shield does not require a home inspection or maintenance records before using its services. The company also does not decline coverage based on the age of your systems and appliances. This is convenient for customers who want a simple home warranty process and don't want to worry about a home inspection process to discover what systems and appliances are covered and what ones aren't.

Discounted Air Filters

As part of your AHS customer perks, you can get up to 50 percent off retail prices on air conditioning and furnace filters. American Home Shield will also deliver the filters directly to your home. However, it is unclear whether or not you have to pay extra for delivery, so check with the company to be sure.

Sample Service Contract

American Home Shield has a sample contract available online. According to our research, a majority of 1-star reviews for the home warranty industry involve claim denials that are typically outlined in the contract, such as damage that is beyond the scope of normal wear and tear, damages covered by another warranty such as a manufacturer's warranty, and damages from not following building codes.

American Home Shield ensures that you can see the terms outlined in a sample contract and be aware of the offered coverage.

American Home Shield Reviews

Of the 19,000+ American Home Shield customer reviews on BestCompany.com, 71 percent of reviews are 4 or 5 stars. Satisfied customers frequently highlight the following from their experience with the company:

• Timely responses and repairs
  • Extensive coverage for all home systems and appliances under on warranty
  • Amiable and knowledgable customer service representatives

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

Customer Complaints

Common customer complaints for American Home Shield range from rising warranty prices to bad customer service processes. There have also been complaints regarding the company's network of service technicians handling repairs, with some customers waiting days for a local technician only to have multiple faulty repairs. You can read American Home Shield reviews below to find out what else customers have to say about how they think American Home Shield warranty compares to other service providers.

Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

American Home Shield does not provide any information about monthly pricing on its website. Interested consumers are encouraged to obtain a quote from the company for more information on pricing.

The Bottom Line

There is a lot of good to say about American Home Shield. The company has extensive experience in the home warranty industry and offers discount programs, extensive coverage of many home appliances and systems, and options when it comes to trade service call fees. Its plan customization makes it simple for customers to find the right home warranty for their needs.

Being the founder of the home warranty industry, American Home Shield has extensive experience to back up its name. Many warranty companies are not as experienced as AHS, and this may result in quality issues.

If you're interested in learning more about the American Home Shield warranty experience, such as customer service and claim response time, check out American Home Shield reviews below. The company may be the right provider for you to protect your home's systems and appliances against regular wear and tear and other common malfunctions.

Call our recommended rep over at American Home Shield below.

1-(855) 254-1925
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.0

Samuel Jonathan Scales Johnstown, PA

Because you guys are a good brand. Plus you've been in business for a long time so you already have the model set in stone. Your reps are courteous, respectful, empathetic, prompt and professional. I've had AHS for many years and each time I have to interact with you guys, I am never disappointed or let down. I talk to many people who have similar companies they go through for the same service but when I line up what I get, compared to what their insurance provides, they come up short!! Thanks guys for always been there and being true to the name. You guys are truly an "American Home's Shield!" God bless

Danny J Turley McDonough, GA

I'm on a fixed income and since my husband died you can hear my wallet squeak when I open it so its important that I watch every penny going out. Unfortunately this year my A/C went out not once but twice in the summer and if it wasn't for American Home Shield I would be sitting sweltering in my own sweat so Thank You American Home Shield for saving me from that disaster.

Sandra Swital Waco, TX

I've had issues with one of their contractors in the past. Unfortunately, I had another issue with an appliance and was sent to the same contractor, but after contacting AHS, they promptly moved me to another contractor that was amazing.

Wilma Kozai San Diego, CA

The kitchen drain was plugged up. I called and made my complaint, drain plugged up and sump pump not working, both are covered by my policy. I paid my deductible and was scheduled for repair, the drain was eventually fixed by flushing the water line and it's fine now. But I was told by the plumber's the sump pump wasn't to be fixed, it still doesn't work, at least my kitchen drain was fixed.

Cindi Grapevine, TX

They worked very hard to get someone to my house to fix my refrigerator, but the 1st contractor could not do the work and another had to be found, that took seve ral days and in total I was without a refrigerator for 3 weeks. The second repair man was very good and fixed t he compressor and repaired whatever else was the problem. However American Home shield representative informed me because we had to wait so long for the repair, they would reimburse me $50.00 of my $100. fee, I have not received that as yet.

Chyleen Bell Albany, GA

The service received is always excell ent with with positive results. I use my contract summary often to keep me aware of the coverage available. The service agents always affirm the accuracy of the contract and I appreciate their assistance.

Karen Nuccio Dawsonville, GA

We have been with them for quite a few years and a claim has never been denied. We are emailed promptly with a phone number of the company that will be repairing the item in our home. Ace 10 has always come out promptly and done a great job. So have a couple of the other companies we have used.

Ali Moore Mason, OH

The whole process was easy. I unfortunately had a claim. Getting a hold of a rep was easy. The repairman came out and quickly fixed the problem. I also appreciated the communication along the way. I received reminders of the visit, the name of of my repairman, as well as updates for when he was close by.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ali, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Martinez Addae Elkridge, MD

For the most they are good as long as you don't have a problem. I had a problem with a contractor not performing and being non responsive. I reported this to American Homeshield and at first they seemed like they were going to take care of the situation. However now I feel like I am getting the run around as they told me they were escalating to the contractor management team and I would hear a response back within 24-48 hours and it's now going in to week 4. At this point this open ticket that I am trying to get assistance with has been open since March and I'm feeling scammed out of my money. This last call to American homeshield I asked for a refund for the service call to fix my microwave. It shouldn't take this much time to resolve my issue and concerns. In this amount of time I could've purchased a new microwave and had it installed by now. I'm very frustrated and considering canceling my subscription.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are working diligently to improve the overall customer experience.

Andre Kevin Wade Las Vegas, NV

The repair guy was very prompt and fixed the problem quickly . Then he left and I went to open the door and It wouldn't work so I called him and he came back. Come to find out it was the plug-in it was plugged into.

Mark Boyd Terre Haute, IN

AHS immediately responds to my maintenance needs. Very important is the fact that AHS seem to be contracting very reliable, professional service providers to diagnose and fix client's home maintenance needs.

Nirmal Nandakumar West Bloomfield, MI

Any time we have had any communication it has been friendly and very helpful. We have been served very effectively and made to feel like we are real people not just a voice on the phone.

Barbara Waco, TX

When I signed up, I was told that include was a free pre-season HVAC tune up. Ot was in writing with my account summary page in mt contract. When I cslled the first time to schedule, i was told it had not been set upp in my area and to call back in a couple of days which i did. Now the associate told me i was not covered. I asked to eascalate to her supervisor. He then told me the promotion was over and no longer available. I never received any dead lines and it specifically stated in my account summary it was included. The supervisor did not provide any alternatives and did not care if I canceled

Thomas J. Betlyn Ellwood City, PA

I started having plumbing problems on a Sunday night and I reached out to American Home Shield and requested a plumber and paid my deductible that same day. A plumber did come to my home Monday morning and was only there a few minutes and said that someone from his company would call me later that day after they reached out to American Home Shield to discuss my problem with them though I had not been told anything about the problem. It was after 5 pm and I had not heard anything from the Plumbing company or AHS and so I called the plumbing company and was told that AHS would send me an email with information about what they were going to do to resolve the problem but after not hearing anything 24 hours later and being unable to use the bathrooms in my home I called a local plumber who came 24 hours later and made the necessary repairs at a cost of $2,400.00. This seems to be how AHS deals with issues that can't wait to be fixed. AHS knows the homeowner will resolve the problem and pay for the repairs which makes having this service just another added cost to me.

Reginald Johns Temple Hills, MD

AHS did a quick and good job having my microwave assessed and replaced. The installation did not happen because company that delivered would not hook up external exhaust. The microwave replacement had external exhaust as the original one did but the delivvery folks said "they do not do that" so I had to go through the expensive and time to hire someone who did.

Christie Lyons Tulare, CA

On previous filing of claims the techs sent out were incompetent and/or AHS refused to listen to the tech when he repeatedly told them something couldn't be fixed therefore dragging out the process and causing me and my family to suffer by not having a fridge or a washing machine. The last request for dryer repair was excellent. The tech new exactly what was wrong , located the part in a timely manner and repaired the clothes dryer the very next day. I wish AHS would listen to its customers more and take us seriously.

Cynthia Howlett Cherry Hill, NJ

At first I was getting the service I felt I was paying for.But once I got connected with Ms S everything went great. She responded to my email and called back when she said she would. She made me feel like she wanted to help me and that's the service I pay for.

Susan Barnett Kyle, TX

When an appliance is not working or old I think sometimes it is better to replace it quickly rather than spend hundreds of dollars trying to fix it. If they don't wanna pay for the whole thing they can give at least an allowance towards it six

LAURIE SLOAN Fresno, CA

I rent my house. In the past month, I've had two issues with the AC unit and microwave. The regulator with the AC unit will need to be replaced. Why it was just "repaired" and not replaced is beyond me. It will be another $75. service charge.

Cozette Hodo West Chicago, IL

AHS is always prompt to assist, and helpful putting in requisition orders in a timely manner. Very helpful, and professional. I've been very satisfied with my service, and have recommended to several people.

Kirsten Hildreth Derby, KS

They were quick with my incident I had to call after things were not repaired back to full working status. And they were very quick to get the company back to me and get my hvac working correctly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kirsten, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Smith Orlando, FL

There were two occasions this summer when we needed a/c service and they could not get someone out for several days. I explained that we have two very fluffy dogs that could not tolerate an un air conditioned house but they were very unsympathetic and made no effort to try and get us a quicker appt. I ended up calling my own a/c contractor who came the same day and I paid out of pocket.

Jacie Gulack Hampstead, MD

I've been very satisfied, but I needed my microwave replaced and the model they selected didn't match my kitchen. I opted to purchase my own but had no idea they wouldn't help me in arranging the install. It's been a huge hassle, but overall, it's a good company.

Felton Morris Oklahoma City, OK

There is a competition AHS & the contractors. Contractors have become salesmen. Contractors do limited repairs knowing there is still a problem. I've had contractors throw parts that AHS bought for the repair drown in the trash over the years with AHS.

Shirley Ballard Dallas, TX

Because you still owe me 100.00 for a service i paid twice for a pipe leak and never received my refund. I paid within 2 days of service. The parts had to be ordered and i thought i had to pay again because the tech came back once the parts came in.

Amanda Alvey Port Tobacco, MD

Jackie C, a rep in your appliance dept, was OUTSTANDING. She was extremely helpful and courteous. Unfortunately, your other reps were lacking in knowledge and yawning on phone calls. Complete unprofessional conduct. Again, Jackie C, was the one who helped me the most.

ARM Tampa, FL

The technicians that were sent out were quick and efficient. 1 st tech recommend replacement of the dryer vs the cost of parts necessary for repair, 2nd tech sent out because they needed a 2nd opinion because of cost. Well parts got ordered and a month later parts were still on order and finally American Home Shield stepped up and offered a replacement option. Service was good, it just took to long for a resolution on this appliance. I had a previous appliance that failed and the service was very quick and efficient.

Sandra Fortner Louisville, KY

I filed a claim regarding furnance and company that was selected by AHS - Fast Response Heating & Cooling were terrible! This company has had awful reviews from customers consistently and understandably so as they are awful. Even after multiple complaints to the company's owner and AHS. I do not understand why AHS still continues to use them as a vendor? That alone has made me question if I want to continue with AHS.

Virgie Stanley Taylorsville, NC

was stress free experience! repair man call me every step of the way never had to call once was told when the part being order giving time frame when be in parts came in call ask could he come out told me he would call me 30 mintues before he would arrive time repair man was very nice this is the only company i have been with really gave 100% to homeowner

Sep. 9th, 2022

Scott Sonsalla Sun Prairie, WI

The tech that I had was very knowledgeable and he finally got my washer to leak, but it wasn't the tub of the washer that was leaking. Instead it was the overflow in the back of the washer that when the washer was spinning the water would overflow and it wouldn't take care of the water fast so the hoses that were at the back of the washer would overflow out of the tube and get water all over the floor. So the tech said it's not the washer it's that you need a plumber to fix the problem.

Sep. 9th, 2022

Shenelle Reed Lexington, KY

Most claims were handled quickly. Although there were a couple times when there were delays. I wish there was an option to select the service provider, as it seems I never get a company that has worked with me before. For example, recently we had both of our AC units go down and we made a service request. A service provider came and advised that the work order was only for one unit (I don't believe the online request allows us to provide much details) and they requested I submit another request for the 2nd unit. Although it did not stop the technician from repairing both systems, and I did as requested. To my surprise, AHS assigned a different company to address the second request (which we cancelled). Within the last couple of months, we have been assigned three [3] different AC service providers. Generally, I am very satisfied with AHS.

Aug. 16th, 2022

Vickie L Huey Greenville, TX

Initially, I was skepitcal of home warranties because I thought they were a waste of money. One of my neigbors had American Home Shield and recommended them. I decided to give it a try even though I was skeptical. About 8 months after signing the home warranty contract we had an issue with our dishwasher and stove top. We called AHS and they immediately sent out a contractor. However, the contractor came to our house for 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and took forever to submit it to AHS. It ended up getting denied which didn't seem right as it appeared to be covered in the contract. We call AHS but hard a hard time getting to someone to help us. I defintiely was regretting having it and felt I was right along a long and home warranties are a rip off. Eventually, we did connect with someone and they sent a new contractor to our house who diagnosed the probelm correctly. They fixed our dishwasher and we got a brand new stove oven. My opinion changed at that point. Since than we have had some mostly minor stuff happen at our house and AHS has been great. In fact we recently had our in wall A/C unit die and it was completely replaced with a new one by AHS. Although in the beginning we didn't get off on the right foot I have been so happy with AHS and having the peace of mind that they have my back if anything breaks. I highly recommend.

Aug. 16th, 2022

Scott J Falcione Sr Washington, PA

From my first phone to the appliance company response was excellent and the technician coming out completing the job was timely and great follow up. Thank you

Bill Haynie Bryan, TX

The contractors assigned are generally pretty good. So far AHS has been easy to follow up with when reaching a live person. The website is somewhat challenging

Joe Star, ID

I have found AHS to be extremely valuable in protecting my household from extraordinary cost spikes, with ease of use and excellent service thrown in to the bargain...

James W Thomason Round Rock, TX

First you give a bad technician does not know how to fix my ac and when I ask for second opinion you threaten me that I will pay the cost what kind of insurance are you this is second this happen the last time is my refrigerator your company has cheap technician and you sent to us the problem is not solve every time I have problem I always in stress your company is very poor so I'm thinking to look for another company

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns regarding your request. I hate that your experience was not what you expected. I would be happy to assist you if any assistance is needed.

william Paradise Valley, AZ

While the advertisements and first pages of my warranty imply that my boiler would be completely covered for wear and tear. hidden on page 5 is the cap of $2000. This is not really a huge help when the quote from the only contractor they accepted came in at $12K. I got a quote for the whole job from my own oil company for $9600 total. When you consider that my policy is $500+ per year and there is a $120 deductible, the cost of the warranty isn't really that much off of the actual project. SCAM.

Marla Gales Canyon, TX

I put in for a repair that was not covered by contract. Instead of contacting to let me know AHS allowed the service provider to show up. I was now out the $75 co-pay and had to cover the full cost of repair. It would have been better to contact and advise it was not covered by contract so I could save the $75.

Jacqueline Sue Craig West Des Moines, IA

I feel like they don't act until I pester them multiple times with follow up calls. They are somewhat responsive on phone, and reach out to vendors, but in 2 particular cases in has amounted to nothing happening which is frustrating as a customer. Right now I don't think I will be renewing next year and wondering if I should even continue.

Jinich Sonya LA Jolla, CA

Most always quickly taken care of, waiting now for 11 months for microwave/oven replacement! we're in our 80's and no way to go out shopping on our own for this! Seems we may Never have a solution ??

Lori c smith Yukon, OK

Using the warranty doesn't always fix the problem immediately. It still takes a while to get serviced by a contractor and it seems like some contractors are annoyed by having to work with a warranty company.

James Tidwell Louisville, KY

Our AC stopped working in July. We had to get a second opinion the contractors came out in September and replaced a part but this did not fix it. American home shield will not contact another company to fix the AC. They keep telling us that since these people are the second opinion we have to wait to hear from this same contractor that we've been waiting on for almost 3 months! We have called the contractor numerous times as well as AHS and here it is late evening September 29, 2022 and the AC is still not working. It has never been repaired. We have been without an air conditioner since July in triple digit Texas heat and the contractors don't care and neither does AHS.

Harold Hannig Sun City, CA

1st Water heater died. Called Home shield, put me on hold for 30min, then disconnected me. Called back, another 15min on hold spoke with someone and they would alert the service provider whch could 24-48hrs before they could call to SET-UP the appointment. 2 Days to wait for a set-up and then how many days to wait for them to get here without a working water heater. We waited 2 days, called back and they said the ticket was cancelled. CANCELLED??? How?? Who/Why??? No information, just it had been canceled. I contacted my own plumber, who swung by that day. Said the water heater needed to be replaced. $1300 (Wh and Inst). I called Home Shield, No help on the bill because it wasn't their repair people. #2 AC Went out, opened up a ticket, within 6hrs, tech was calling to set-up an appoitment. Earliest was going to be on Monday (it was Saturday). Cost was $100... Again more money out my pocket and nothing has been fixed. Repairman gets there. He is pleasant and professional. He diagnosis the issue within about 15min. Its an Electrical issue, breaker. "We don't do electrical, you will need to call home shield." I called Home shield, back in the 24-48hr window to SET-UP an appt thing again. I aid forget it. I called local electrician that was reccomended by a neighbor; $185 to replace the breaker. So the total cost of repair $285 ($100 + $185)...and how much was covered with Home Warranty $ZERO!!!! Terrible management of my expectations, will not renew, will not reccomend. And That is a shame since my wife is a Real Estate Agent

Michael Werfele San Antonio, TX

It is very hard, almost impossible to speak to any real human being that you can understand clearly and that you can communicate with that leaves you feeling like they understand or even care about your problem. They all leave you feeling like they tell you exactly what they were trained to say and nothing in the customers favor. There is a major problem from the lowest person all the way through management. They make it impossible to speak to anyone in management or anyone else but the person that answers the phone. I have replaced 5 compressors in 12 years on my A/C but the first 10 years the manufacturer warranties paid for the compressor and I paid for 90% cost of the Freon so AHS kept repairing my A/C . Three months ago AHS had to pay for the compressor replacement because it was out of warranty. It went out last week so they send a company out and the compressor is out again. They come back to me and tell me AHS want to replace not repair the whole outside unit but they suggest me replacing the entire inside and outside unit for the best deal for me and will last longer and better. They tell me AHS will pay pay for part of it, for the part they were responsible for repairing or replacing. The Company gave me a too high of a price so I shopped around and got a company for $2,000 less with better warranty and A/C but the same size. The AHS company said Sll I had to do was ask AHS for customer pay out for the money they were going to use to repair or replace my A/C would be paid to me. I did that and was told my request had to go through approval department. With over 100 degree weather I had my A/C replaced and never heard anything from AHS for days so I call them and the denied my request because they say I upgraded my unit. I didn't upgrade, I replaced with the exact same size unit. I asked to speak to manager but was refused and told someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours. My primary number is my cell phone but the person call me on my home phone when no one was home and leaves the same message the person I had already talked to on the phone told me, that I upgraded so they will not pay anything. It is impossible to get them to understand anything, all I want is the money they would paid to repair or replace whatever they were responsible for. At the price it would have cost them it wouldn't be a large amount of money but they refuse to pay me anything. They charge me almost $100 a month plus $75 copay anytime anyone comes to my house and I have been with them at least 20 years and they treat me this way. It use to be a better company years ago but continues to get worse and more expensive. I wouldn't recommend them to my worse enemy. They don't care a thing about their customers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns regarding your request. I hate to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience. I would be happy to assist you with this matter.

Janice Wilson Killeen, TX

The technician was at my house in a timely manner, very professional, pleasant. He diagnosed the problem and advised me on the solution and future upkeep.

Greg Gordon Auburn, WA

Was happy with the support and response to my issues. It took multiple trips to repair my items and parts took a while, but I understand there are issues with supply chain so it was likely out of your control.

Lucy Stasi Independence, MO

The technician who was assigned the ticket was very professional; timely; when he said he would be there l, he was! Great improvement from first experience!

Shawn Wickersham Austin, TX

I have been with AHS for 18 years and been so happy but my last service Was done by a shotty contractor and they have damaged my kitchen floor and still waiting to get help with it. This company took 2 months to fix my dishwasher and caused a leak that has ruined my floor and I have yet to get help.

Vaibhav Machhar San Jose, CA

I ordered for replacement and later got a call to figure out installation on my own and ahs would pay me after i show invoice. While i booked, everything was covered so i hope ahs can cover all the cost and keep vendor who installs. Im being out on waitlist right now. Lets see.

Michael Siebe Newton, TX

I've had two claims in the past 7 months of my coverage. The first one was a communication nightmare, but eventually was resolved. The second one was pretty routine. I don't really have any complaints.