American Home Shield® is the founder of the home warranty industry and is one of the market leaders with over 1.7 million customers. Beginning in 1971, the company's goal has always been to protect homeowners from high, unexpected home repair costs. American Home Shield has been affiliated with the ServiceMaster Company since 1989.

With its extensive experience in the home warranty business, American Home Shield is a trusted name compared to other service providers in the industry. American Home Shield offers a variety of warranty plans, including a build-your-own plan that allows customers to select the individual systems and appliances they'd like coverage for.

Read American Home Shield reviews below as well as the pros and cons of the company.

The Good

• Time in Business
  • Discount Programs
  • Four Flexible Plans
  • Multiple Fee Options
  • Upfront Contract Information
  • No Home Inspection
  • Referral Bonus
  • Discounted Air Filters

Time in Business

American Home Shield has more than 45 years of experience and became the industry founder when it created home warranties back in 1971. American Home Shield now has more than 1.7 million customers and is one of the largest warranty companies in the industry. Being in business for so long is a good indicator that American Home Shield is equipped to give its customers what they want in a home warranty company.

Discount Programs

In addition to its decades of home warranty experience, American Home Shield offers its customers many money-saving incentives, including its Appliance Discount Program. With this discount program, customers save money over MSRP and have Energy Star certified options. Customers can also benefit from American Home Shield's "Refer a Friend" program, which rewards customers with a $25 Amazon gift card for each friend referred. In addition, the company offers discounts on air filters.

Four Flexible Plans

American Home Shield allows customers to choose between four different home warranty plans: Combo, Appliances, Systems, and Build-Your-Own. The Combo Plan covers major components of all 21 items covered in the Systems and Appliances Plans, including air conditioning and heating. The Appliances Plan covers major components of 10 appliances, including the refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer.

The Systems Plan covers major components of 11 home systems, including heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical. Finally, the Build-Your-Own Plan allows homeowners to pick and choose 10 items from a list of 21 systems and appliances to cover.

American Home Shield warranty options also include coverage for real estate professionals and contractors. A detailed list of all warranty plans and included appliances and systems is as follows:

Combo Plan

• Air conditioner and ductwork
  • Heating and ductwork
  • Electrical
  • Doorbells
  • Smoke detectors
  • Ceiling fans
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Water heater

• Electrical
  • Doorbells
  • Smoke detectors
  • Ceiling fans
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Water heaters
  • Garbage disposals
  • Instant hot/cold water dispensers
  • Central vacuums

Add-On Options

• Electronics Plan by Asurion ($18)
  • Pool and in-ground spa (pool and in-ground spa only $13.33 per month; pool and in-ground spa equipment: $13.99 per month)
  • Guest unit (extend coverage to unit less than 750 square feet: $12.99 per month)
  • Septic pump (available first year of warranty only: $2.50 per month)
  • Well pump serving as home water source ($7.08 per month)

Build-Your-Own Plan

• Homeowners can add any system or appliance to their plan not currently covered in their chosen package.

Multiple Fee Options

With American Home Shield, customers pay a trade service call fee for a professional to help them with their problem, then fix the system or appliance or replace it. The three options for this service fee are $75, $100, and $125, which gives customers flexibility in how much they pay each month for their plan coverage. The higher the trade service call fee, the lower the amount the customer will pay each month.

Upfront Contract Information

American Home Shield offers a sample contract on its website, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what the company offers. American Home Shield also states upfront that the company does not require a home inspection in order to purchase a warranty plan and will not limit coverage based on the age of any of your home systems or appliances, making it easier for customers to get warranty coverage.

This upfront contract information helps the customer decide early on if American Home Shield is a home warranty company that will work for their needs.

No Home Inspection

Unlike some home warranty providers, American Home Shield does not require a home inspection or maintenance records before using its services. The company also does not decline coverage based on the age of your systems and appliances. This is convenient for customers who want a simple home warranty process and don't want to worry about a home inspection process to discover what systems and appliances are covered and what ones aren't.

Referral Bonus

American Home Shield offers a referral program for its customers. If you refer a friend to its services, AHS will reward you with a $25 Amazon gift card. The company's website doesn't specify whether or not you can receive the referral bonus more than once, so check with an AHS representative to be sure.

Discounted Air Filters

As part of your AHS customer perks, you can get up to 50 percent off retail prices on air conditioning and furnace filters. American Home Shield will also deliver the filters directly to your home. However, it is unclear whether or not you have to pay extra for delivery, so check with the company to be sure.

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

Customer Complaints

Common customer complaints for American Home Shield range from rising warranty prices to bad customer service processes. There have also been complaints regarding the company's network of service technicians handling repairs, with some customers waiting days for a local technician only to have multiple faulty repairs. You can read American Home Shield reviews below to find out what else customers have to say about how they think American Home Shield warranty compares to other service providers.

Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

American Home Shield does not provide any information about monthly pricing on its website. Interested consumers are encouraged to obtain a quote from the company for more information on pricing.

The Bottom Line

There is a lot of good to say about American Home Shield. The company has extensive experience in the home warranty industry and offers discount programs, extensive coverage of many home appliances and systems, and options when it comes to trade service call fees. Its plan customization makes it simple for customers to find the right home warranty for their needs.

Being the founder of the home warranty industry, American Home Shield has extensive experience to back up its name. Many warranty companies are not as experienced as AHS, and this may result in quality issues.

If you're interested in learning more about the American Home Shield warranty experience, such as customer service and claim response time, check out American Home Shield reviews below. The company may be the right provider for you to protect your home's systems and appliances against regular wear and tear and other common malfunctions.

Call our recommended rep over at American Home Shield below.

1-(855) 254-1925

3.0

Melinda Dixon
November 21st, 2019 Lyons, KS DETAILS

Our heating system messed up, it is a boiler system. We called another company that did not know what they where doing, charged us a bundle and let us with no heating . I called AHS and they sent out a company that knew where doing, got it fixed and no extra charge to us. Thank you!

Nov 21, 2019

Good afternoon Melinda, I am pleased to hear about your American Home Shield experience and the exceptional customer service that was provided. It is our goal to provide you with a team of contractors to complete each repair. I hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

MD
November 21st, 2019 Lompoc, CA DETAILS

AHS has provided us peace of mind. Great service!

Nov 21, 2019

Hi MD, I hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the coverage we provide!

R. Abel
November 21st, 2019 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

Had central air heating issue. Turned on heat in my upstairs unit and started smelling burning (and not the first use burning off dust). Called AHS and the representative assisted me in selecting correct issue (heating) and a repair company was assigned in a matter of minutes. Scheduled for the company to come out and within a 30 min window my issue was resolved (burned out blower motor).

Nov 21, 2019

Hi R. Abel, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and knowledgeable contractors to complete each repair.

Tim C
November 21st, 2019 Hanford, CA DETAILS

I'm so glad I switch to AHS. It's so easy and convenient to do everything online. The companies that I have worked to fix my problems have been very professional and polite.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Tim, I am glad to hear about your experience and the convenience of the online portal. I hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Jason A
November 21st, 2019 Altadena, CA

He was just so thorough and went above and beyond to make sure my issue was resolved. I am so very appreciative.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Jason, I am glad to hear about your American Home Shield experience and the contractor that completed the repair!

Todd K
November 20th, 2019 Woodridge, IL DETAILS

AHS is a great home warranty company. I have used others in the past and their contractors aren’t the best. We have used AHS for our washer which turned out to be a plumbing issue. They smoothly transferred the work order to plumber. Issue was fixed very quickly. Microwave died, they replaced it. Sink was leaking bad it was fixed in a day. And just recently it got cold and furnace just stopped heating. I put in work order online at 9am. Contractor called at 3:30 said he could be here between 4 and 8. 4pm he walked in. 4:30 it was fixed. You pay a little more for this company than others. But you get what you pay for. Awesome company.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Todd, Thank you for sharing your feedback with American Home Shield. We are pleased to hear about every experience that went well. We strive to provide you with a great customer service experience.

Koran Norment
November 20th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Great customer service! The re-key service i requested was timely and professional. They contacted me in the span AHS said they would. There were also no hidden fees.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Koran, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and knowledgeable contractors to complete each repair.

Bill U
November 20th, 2019

We have had our heater repaired and our dishwasher replaced through our American Home Shield warranty. Working with American Home Shield was very easy and the contractors that they sent out in each case were high quality contractors. We highly recommend American Home Shield.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Bill, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claims for the heater and dishwasher that was repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that AHS provides.

Mrs. CB
November 20th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I appreciated them listening to the problem and assigning someone to come make repairs. However they need to hire companies who are reliable. The company I was assigned to work with would not answer any of my calls concerning when parts were in or when they were coming to install. When AHS called they told them they would call the day before1never happened. Then they said they would call 30 minutes before they came out-never happened. Did get it fixed but not without some frustration with the lack of communication.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Mrs. CB, Your feedback is more than appreciated to make us aware of your experience and things that can be improved. I hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

November 20th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

I have a raised a request for my dishwasher repair and the person walked in and replaced the key panel and said it s all good and should be working. after couple of days i see the issue came up (where the dishwasher stops and lights keep blinking). after about 10 days he came in again with my new service request and says the door latch on both side height is not even and will convey this to AHS. (thats sounded wierd to me why didn't he identified this in his first visit). I reached out to AHS customer service and says this kind of issues are not covered by insurance and they denied my request. i am not convinced with this. I really don't reccomed AHS

Nov 21, 2019

Hi, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience and the dishwasher malfunction. I would be glad to speak with you about the repairs.

Ronald Warren Beckman
November 20th, 2019 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS

I used the online application and it worked excellent. Good service.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Ronald, I am glad to hear about your experience and the online portal that was easy to use. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Lee
November 20th, 2019 Smyrna, GA DETAILS

The Technician was on time and courteous. I explained what my issue was and he knew exactly how to fix my heating problem. I now have heat and it cost me less than I had anticipated!

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Lee, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claim and the heater that was repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that AHS provides.

John
November 20th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Hello, I have been with American Home Shield for about 10 years. I have always receive excellent service and quick repairs on a timely basis. This coverage is well worth the money.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi John, I would like to thank you for providing American Home Shield with such positive feedback about your most recent experience. Your patronage for the past 10 years is more than appreciated and I hope you continue to have more good experiences!

Blanca Gonzales
November 20th, 2019 Midland, TX DETAILS

I had no problems whatsover, the rep on the phone was very nice and got all my info. The contractor was very professional and courteous.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Blanca, I am pleased to hear about your experience and the phone rep that was able to assist you and the contractor that completed the job. I hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Gary Copeland
November 20th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS

American Home Shield responded quickly and efficiently when I had a plumbing issue with a leaking pipe. They had good communication and follow through and the issue was resolved in a timely manner.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Gary, I would like to thank you for providing American Home Shield with such positive feedback about your most recent experience.

Kalea Flynn
November 20th, 2019 Huntersville, NC DETAILS

This company is a scam! My husband and I chose AHS to cover our home along with two other rental properties. We have placed 4 service calls in the last year with only 1 appliance being covered. We have had to wait up to two weeks for someone to come out and assess damage, have then had to pay for 4 service requests ($520), and have then been denied because “that specific part of the appliance is not covered”. We have spent more money in monthly fees and service fees than was covered by this company! Save your money and cancel this membership!

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Kalea, Your concerns are understood about the repairs that need to be completed. I would be glad to speak with you and get the service fee issues resolved.

Sandra Syring
November 20th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

This weekend was not good at all. In order to solve a simple problem, you would think I was asking for the impossible. Cozy Comfort came out a while ago to get our heater ready for the winter. Well a couple of days later it got cold enough for the heater to turn on. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. I tried contacting AHS, and the lady told me to call Cozy Comfort. Turns out she never made notes to the fact that I called at all. Today I tried call AHS again, and this time this lady was to busy telling me how the system works that she was not hearing what I was telling her. Finally she said she will call the Cozy Comfort about it. When she came back, she said something and hung up on me. Then I found an online chat with AHS and tried that. Michael was understanding and called Cozy Comfort and ended up leaving a message. Mine you I call Cozy Comfort for 3 days could only leave a message. Finally the guy from the company called and came out to see what happened. Like I was telling everyone, after the guy got done working on our furnace, he forgot to turn it on. Or reconnect the wires. He felt really bad about what happened and I was okay with it. I was just frustrated with everyone ignoring me.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Sandra, I would like to thank you for your feedback about your most recent American Home Shield experience. I hate to hear about the lack of communication that was endured to have the company service you.

Mark
November 20th, 2019 Scott Depot, WV DETAILS

AHS is helpful, dependable, and a must have for homeowners.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Mark, Your feedback is more than appreciated and I hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

N. Meshell
November 20th, 2019 Harker Heights, TX DETAILS

Been with AHS for over 15 years. I have been very satisfied with the quality workmanship of their partners, excellent website and customer support. Will continue our contract with AHS as long we are homeowners.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi N. Meshell, I would like to thank you for providing American Home Shield with such positive feedback about your most recent experience. Your patronage is more than appreciated and I hope you continue to have more good experiences!

Frank Gallub
November 20th, 2019 Springfield, GA DETAILS

This is a great insurance program that gives me peace of mind. Not worrying about things going wrong that cost money to take care of is well worth the cost of my policy. Since I started with AHS, I had two problems arise in my home. I got on line and went to the AHS website, put in my information and had an immediate reply with the name and number of the contractor to call. Just that fast! I am a customer for life!

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Frank, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claim and both service claims that were repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that AHS provides.

Leslie67
November 20th, 2019 Everton, AR DETAILS

As always, our issue was addressed professionally and in a timely manner.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Leslie, I am glad to hear about your service request that was completed in a timely manner and I hope you continue to enjoy!

Charlie McCoy
November 20th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

My claim was processed quickly and professionally. I will renew my policy when this years expires. I want American Shield to hire an American call center rather than one in the Philippines. Person could not speak English therefore I was required to wait til the next day to file my claim

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Charlie, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and hope to make the necessary changes.

Richard D
November 19th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

American Home Shield has all ways met their promise to cover our appliances...above and beyond our expectations! In the last two years, they have replaced our refrigerator, clothes washer and A/C condenser unit with top oi the line appliances, and they've repaired our microwave oven and air blower fan; all without hesitating or questioning the recommendations of their repair professionals. Thank you AHS!

Sep 09, 2019

Hi Richard, Your feedback is more than appreciated! I would be glad to speak with you and get the issue repaired.

Satisfied customer
November 19th, 2019 Capitola, CA DETAILS

I requested service on Sunday evening for a plumber and an electrician and was called first thing on Monday Both services were completed by 1:00! Can’t get much better than that!

Nov 19, 2019

Hi, I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed American Home Shield and the service we provide!

Larry Holden
November 19th, 2019 Bedford, TX DETAILS

The technician was outstanding in knowledge and professionalism. The only downside to the whole experience is that it was eight days before the tech was scheduled to repair our non-working dishwasher.

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Larry, I am glad to hear your feedback about American Home Shield and the coverage we provide at unbeatable prices. I hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield's customer service and the experiences we provide

Gina Z.
November 19th, 2019 Sun Valley, ID DETAILS

Generally responsive, but sometimes it takes 2-4 days for a service to be provided.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Gina, Thank you for sharing your feedback about your American Home Shield experience. We hope you continue to enjoy!

Augie DiGiovanni
November 19th, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

I have an operational issue with my AC Unit. Home Shield put me in contact with the company Total Air Care to resolve my issue. The unit after 3 visits by Total Air Care is STILL not operational. Total Air Care has NOT shown up for 2 scheduled appointments and I am still without AC now for 2 weeks!!! Not happy nor satisfied. Angry and Frustrated over the reliability of Total Air Care and American Home Shield

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Augie, I hate to hear about the delay in service that you have experienced to have your air conditioner repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Monica Lopez
November 19th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

So far we have used the lock changing service and had a plumber come out. The service providers were professional and friendly. I'm really glad poor installation is covered. I really think the savings and the peace of mind from having American Home Shield far outweighs the cost.

Nov 19, 2019

Good afternoon Monica, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claim and the issues that were repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that American Home Shield provides.

J.J. Sanchez
November 19th, 2019 Madera, CA DETAILS

I have been with American Home Shield for years. Everytime I've needed them they are there in a timely manner. AHS hires the most professional and qualified businesses so you get high quality service.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi J.J., I would like to thank you for providing American Home Shield with such positive feedback about your most recent experience. Your patronage is more than appreciated and I hope you continue to have more good experiences!

Kenneth Nungester
November 19th, 2019 Enterprise, AL DETAILS

As far as the completing of repairs, AHS is great. Getting AHS to answer emails is nonexistent.

Aug 12, 2019

Hi Kenneth, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with AHS. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you.

Kelvin Laboy
November 19th, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS

Good job fast service, needs to be more specific about coverage

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Kelvin, We hope you continue to enjoy AHS and the coverage we provide!

Brenda Sault
November 19th, 2019 Buckeye Lake, OH DETAILS

they where very fast t take care of my washer

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Brenda, We strive to provide you with a great customer experience and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Andrea Roberts
November 19th, 2019 Stockton, CA DETAILS

It was great!!! To submit a request was so easy.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Andrea, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed American Home Shield!

Leigh Ann Kristiansen
November 19th, 2019 Makanda, IL DETAILS

American Home Shield has been outstanding in sending very capable technicians to address all our issues. Our problems have always been repaired to our satisfaction. When replacements were needed, they were done promptly and without hesitation. I have recommended AHS to many friends and family.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Leigh Ann, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and knowledgeable contractors to complete each repair.

Mikah
November 19th, 2019 Howell Township, NJ

I recently purchased a home and received a warranty as part of my purchase. It was really helpful because I was able to have my HVAC system checked and my door locks changed at the price of only my service charge. Both technicians came out the day following my request.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Mikah, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claim and the issues that were repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that AHS provides.

Gayle L Mandley
November 19th, 2019 Georgetown, TX DETAILS

American Home Shield (AHS) is the best home warranty I have ever used. They always act promptly on any requests for service and have the best companies providing any needed service. I have had to use AHS several times to include issues with plumbing, heating, and AC. This company is awesome!

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Gayle, I am glad to hear about your most recent American Home Shield claim and the air conditioner that was repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy the contractors that AHS provides.

Paula Marie
November 19th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

The service man was very courteous and helpful. He was able to fix my washing machine in no time at all.Very good work.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Paula, I would like to thank you for providing American Home Shield with such positive feedback about your most recent experience.

Nat Sethi
November 19th, 2019 Safety Harbor, FL DETAILS

Had very bad experience with AHS on an issue with my AC and ended up buying a new AC. Have had the worst time trying to cancel the policy. Was waiting for 2+ hours with different departments, and finally with the retention department to cancel my policy. There is no easy way to do this, no link on the website etc. A total scam company. I will take my chances with another company. I do not have 2+ hours to waste every time I call this scam company. User Beware!!!. I would suggest save some funds for emergency services and handle them yourself, as AHS charges minimum $100 for a service visit to come and fix anything under warranty.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Nat, Your concerns are understood regarding your most recent service experience. I would be glad to speak with you about the hold time endured as well as the repair that needs to be completed.

Diana Stone
November 19th, 2019 Miamisburg, OH DETAILS

Total scam- paid the $100 service fee twice for them to send out the same company who didn’t fix it correctly the first time. 2 1/2 months later I call CS, only for them to say let me look into this and get back with you. Never heard back, called again after 21 minutes was hung up on. Called back on Hold again 26 min so far because they can’t find a manager who’s not already on the phone handling other issues. They said if I pay another $100 they will send out the same company to fix my garage door. Reliable garage door has yet to replace a part and are at my house for less than 20 minutes said it was fixed , well 2 1/2 months whatever they fixed it stopped working. So here I am no working garage door now 45 minutes on hold to find a manager and stuck with the same problem that started originally in May. Btw- if they fix it and didn’t do it correctly you will be responsible to pay $100 again if over 60 days. Why can’t they replace part with a new one? I asked for a copy of what reliable garage door fixed and AHS said “Sorry Mam” we cannot share that info with you! 47 min and counting .... still no available manager. Oh and no record of my call from earlier today where the CS guy hung up on me? Interesting. 49 min still no manager. Scam alert!

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Diana, I hate to hear about your most recent experience and the repair that was not completed by the contractor. I would be glad to speak with you and reach a resolution for the repair and service fee charges.

M
November 19th, 2019 Waco, TX DETAILS

I called for a plumbing repair the first week of October. Was told that I has to pay my $125 fee up front. Was then informed that I would have to find my own plumber and wouldn't be charged the fee up front. Karla sent me an email with PDFs I couldn't open. I found a plumber who could be at my house in 30 minutes. I left work and made the 30 minute drive home, emailing Karla and asking her to re-send the documents and to call me. She sent the docs but didn't call me. The plumber arrived about the same time I did and snaked my drain. He was done within a few minutes. I emailed the receipt and received a confirmation. Then nothing for about 2 weeks. I called to check on my reimbursement and was told to wait a couple more weeks. Nothing happened, I called back and was told I should have my money in a week or so, and that Angelo would call me back. No call and no check, so I called today and was told I wasn't getting reimbursed for the service fee or for the money I paid the plumber since I didn't call to have the simple job (only $25 above my service fee) authorized first. WHAT? You charged me the $125 anyway when you said you weren't going to? And now I'm not getting it back? And you haven't done one thing for me? I have made so many phone calls on this and gotten nowhere. I finally got someone in the Philippines to agree to send my $125 back but apparently this would not have happened had I not been so persistent. We will see if I actually receive the check in 7-10 days.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi M, I hate to hear about your most recent experienced to have the repair completed. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution about the service fee.

Natalia
November 19th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

We have AHS warranty on the house we bought in August 2019. Our furnace broke, technician came out and determined that zone board was at fault. AHS authorization department said that this part is not covered per some section 8.2 in our contact. In the contract I signed there is no sections 1, 2, 3,... there are sections A, B, C... And in the section F.1 it says 1. HEATING COVERED ITEMS: All components and parts of the following heating systems: Forced air (gas, electric, oil) – Geothermal –Wall mounted heaters – Floor furnaces – Package units – Heat pumps – Mini-splits – Hot water or steam circulating heat – Electric baseboard. When repairing or replacing a Covered Item, if such repair or replacement requires component or part upgrades to maintain compatibility and/or compliance with SEER(Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio), HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), or refrigerant standards, AHS will cover such upgrades and will also cover necessary associated upgrades to duct connections, plenums and indoor electrical lines up to and including the disconnect.NOT COVERED: Outside or underground piping, well pump, and well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pump – Fuel storage tanks – Portable units – Humidifiers – Dehumidifiers – Radiant cable heat – Fireplace, grain, pellet, coal, or wood heating units (ev en if only source of heating). They made us pay $500 for this part with is a part of our heating system. They are dishonest. Do not use them.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Natalia, Your concerns are understood about the non covered cost associated to complete the repair. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss the contract and coverage.

Katie V.
November 19th, 2019 Romeoville, IL DETAILS

Both times that I have needed service, things have not gone well. No matter how many times I called and asked to speak to a supervisor, I get the runaround. Let’s just say after my contract is up I probably won’t stay.

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Katie, I hate to hear that you have not enjoyed American Home Shield and the service we provide. I would be glad to speak with you and assist to reach a better service experience.

Jacksons
November 14th, 2019 DeSoto, TX DETAILS

I have contacted American Home Shield 3 times for issues and each time, I have received excellent service from their providers.

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Jacksons, I am pleased to hear about the service request that American Home Shield has completed. I hope you continue to have a great experience!

Philip D
November 14th, 2019 Santa Fe, NM DETAILS

This company is a total scam. Technicians don't fix problems. You call the company they are polite but do not resolve problems. I gave up and paid out of pocket. This is total racket with the Realtors. NO ONE SHOULD USE THEM TO SELL A HOUSE AND NO BUYER SHOULD CARE.

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Philip, I hate to hear about your most recent experience and the repairs that were not completed. I would be glad to speak with you and get the issues resolved.

Greg Monette
November 14th, 2019 Orange City, FL DETAILS

The Freon was toooo expensive but the service was GREAT! GREAT FOR SERVICEMAN also..

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Greg, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience. It is always a pleasure to hear about our technicians that provide great customer experiences.

Deborah Dean
November 14th, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS

We have had American Home Shield for 21 years. The service we have received has always been above and beyond my expectations, except for twice. Unfortunately, I have nothing to say that is complimentary of the service I received that took from Nov 6 until Nov 13 to resolve, and I am not 100% confident that it has been resolved.

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Deborah, Your patronage for the past 21 years is more than appreciated at American Home Shield is more than appreciated! I am glad to hear about the repair and hope that it is resolved.

Shell G
November 14th, 2019 Santa Fe, TX DETAILS

I love AHS but the last time I called, I literally argued with a representative for an entire 30 minutes asking for a certain a/c company. She stated that she only had one available and that was the only one I could choose. I got so completely frustrated after non-stop arguing. She wouldn't even let me talk. I asked for a supervisor at least 15 times, telling her I no longer wanted to speak to her, I wanted a supervisor. She would not allow me to speak with one and she completely refused to put me with my preferred vendor. She said that she could see every possible company and there was only one. She was a qualified service rep and she knew their system and the one she presented me was the only one. "If there were other's, I would see them but there aren't". I kept asking to be put on hold for how ever long it took to get a supervisor, so she would put me on hold and come back saying they were busy but she was a "qualified service rep"...over and over. I literally had to tell her to shut her mouth so that I could get a word in edgewise. Finally, after 30 minutes I hung up and logged in online. The service company I wanted was listed as one that I could choose. REALLY!!!!! It was the most frustrating, irritating and disappointing interaction I have ever had with AHS. I have called and made a complaint and have also advised the service company that AHS is making them lose business by not allowing customers to choose them. Very upset.

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Shell, I hate to hear about the delay in service that you have experienced and the miscommunication to speak with a representative. I would be glad to speak with you and get the issues resolved.

Bob
November 13th, 2019 College Station, TX DETAILS

The service was timely and professional. The service person was very courteous and fixed the problems promptly. Excellent!

Nov 13, 2019

Bob, I am happy that you were happy with your experience. Although we hope there are no issues with anything in the home in the future, we are here to service you anytime you need us. Thanks for continuing your business with us. Take care!

Cheyenne
November 13th, 2019 Haughton, LA

Quick and efficient scheduling over the phone. Dispatched a company that was able to come to us within hours on a Saturday evening. Work was done very well. Everything was clear and straightforward. Very pleased!

Nov 13, 2019

Hi Cheyenne, Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and knowledgeable contractors to complete each repair.

Tommy
November 13th, 2019 Riesel, TX DETAILS

Quick service with professional technicians

Nov 13, 2019

Hi Tommy, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed American Home Shield!