Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.6

American Home Shield® is the founder of the home warranty industry and is one of the market leaders with over 1.7 million customers. Beginning in 1971, the company's goal has always been to protect homeowners from high, unexpected home repair costs. American Home Shield is affiliated with the home service company Frontdoor.

With its extensive experience in the home warranty business, American Home Shield is a trusted name compared to other service providers in the industry. American Home Shield offers a variety of warranty plans, including a build-your-own plan that allows customers to select the individual systems and appliances they'd like coverage for.

Read American Home Shield reviews below as well as the pros and cons of the company.

The Good

• Time in Business
  • Discount Programs
  • Four Flexible Plans
  • Multiple Fee Options
  • Upfront Contract Information
  • No Home Inspection
  • Referral Bonus
  • Discounted Air Filters
  • Sample Service Contract

Time in Business

American Home Shield has more than 45 years of experience and became the industry founder when it created home warranties back in 1971. American Home Shield now has more than 1.7 million customers and is one of the largest warranty companies in the industry. Being in business for so long is a good indicator that American Home Shield is equipped to give its customers what they want in a home warranty company.

Discount Programs

In addition to its decades of home warranty experience, American Home Shield offers its customers many money-saving incentives, including its Appliance Discount Program. With this discount program, customers save money over MSRP and have Energy Star certified options. Customers can also benefit from American Home Shield's "Refer a Friend" program, which rewards customers with a $25 Amazon gift card for each friend referred. In addition, the company offers discounts on air filters.

Four Flexible Plans

American Home Shield allows customers to choose between four different home warranty plans: Combo, Appliances, Systems, and Build-Your-Own. The Combo Plan covers major components of all 21 items covered in the Systems and Appliances Plans, including air conditioning and heating. The Appliances Plan covers major components of 10 appliances, including the refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer.

The Systems Plan covers major components of 11 home systems, including heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical. Finally, the Build-Your-Own Plan allows homeowners to pick and choose 10 items from a list of 21 systems and appliances to cover.

American Home Shield warranty options also include coverage for real estate professionals and contractors. A detailed list of all warranty plans and included appliances and systems is as follows:

Combo Plan

• Air conditioner and ductwork
  • Heating and ductwork
  • Electrical
  • Doorbells
  • Smoke detectors
  • Ceiling fans
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Water heater

• Electrical
  • Doorbells
  • Smoke detectors
  • Ceiling fans
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Water heaters
  • Garbage disposals
  • Instant hot/cold water dispensers
  • Central vacuums

Add-On Options

• Electronics Plan by Asurion ($18)
  • Pool and in-ground spa (pool and in-ground spa only $13.33 per month; pool and in-ground spa equipment: $13.99 per month)
  • Guest unit (extend coverage to unit less than 750 square feet: $12.99 per month)
  • Septic pump (available first year of warranty only: $2.50 per month)
  • Well pump serving as home water source ($7.08 per month)

Build-Your-Own Plan

• Homeowners can add any system or appliance to their plan not currently covered in their chosen package.

Multiple Fee Options

With American Home Shield, customers pay a trade service call fee for a professional to help them with their problem, then fix the system or appliance or replace it. The three options for this service fee are $75, $100, and $125, which gives customers flexibility in how much they pay each month for their plan coverage. The higher the trade service call fee, the lower the amount the customer will pay each month.

Upfront Contract Information

American Home Shield offers a sample contract on its website, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what the company offers. American Home Shield also states upfront that the company does not require a home inspection in order to purchase a warranty plan and will not limit coverage based on the age of any of your home systems or appliances, making it easier for customers to get warranty coverage.

This upfront contract information helps the customer decide early on if American Home Shield is a home warranty company that will work for their needs.

No Home Inspection

Unlike some home warranty providers, American Home Shield does not require a home inspection or maintenance records before using its services. The company also does not decline coverage based on the age of your systems and appliances. This is convenient for customers who want a simple home warranty process and don't want to worry about a home inspection process to discover what systems and appliances are covered and what ones aren't.

Referral Bonus

American Home Shield offers a referral program for its customers. If you refer a friend to its services, AHS will reward you with a $25 Amazon gift card. The company's website doesn't specify whether or not you can receive the referral bonus more than once, so check with an AHS representative to be sure.

Discounted Air Filters

As part of your AHS customer perks, you can get up to 50 percent off retail prices on air conditioning and furnace filters. American Home Shield will also deliver the filters directly to your home. However, it is unclear whether or not you have to pay extra for delivery, so check with the company to be sure.

Sample Service Contract

American Home Shield has a sample contract available online. According to our research, a majority of 1-star reviews for the home warranty industry involve claim denials that are typically outlined in the contract, such as damage that is beyond the scope of normal wear and tear, damages covered by another warranty such as a manufacturer's warranty, and damages from not following building codes.

American Home Shield ensures that you can see the terms outlined in a sample contract and be aware of the offered coverage.

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

Customer Complaints

Common customer complaints for American Home Shield range from rising warranty prices to bad customer service processes. There have also been complaints regarding the company's network of service technicians handling repairs, with some customers waiting days for a local technician only to have multiple faulty repairs. You can read American Home Shield reviews below to find out what else customers have to say about how they think American Home Shield warranty compares to other service providers.

Lack of Monthly Pricing Information

American Home Shield does not provide any information about monthly pricing on its website. Interested consumers are encouraged to obtain a quote from the company for more information on pricing.

The Bottom Line

There is a lot of good to say about American Home Shield. The company has extensive experience in the home warranty industry and offers discount programs, extensive coverage of many home appliances and systems, and options when it comes to trade service call fees. Its plan customization makes it simple for customers to find the right home warranty for their needs.

Being the founder of the home warranty industry, American Home Shield has extensive experience to back up its name. Many warranty companies are not as experienced as AHS, and this may result in quality issues.

If you're interested in learning more about the American Home Shield warranty experience, such as customer service and claim response time, check out American Home Shield reviews below. The company may be the right provider for you to protect your home's systems and appliances against regular wear and tear and other common malfunctions.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

4.0

Courtney Las Vegas, NV

American Home Shield has covered parts for my water heater and air conditioning unit. Every time I got service appointments within a day of making my claim. The claim process is easy, their rates are reasonable and their staff is professional. Overall I would recommend AHS in every way. They bring a sense of security for when things go wrong and they cover so many things.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Courtney, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Al Groman Virginia Beach, VA

The sub contractors are truly professional, even when dispatched to a product they are not authorized to repair. My recent experience with my Florida water to air heat pump is a classic example.The technician advised me upon arrival that he was heating and cooling trained, but never worked on a geo thermal unit. Fortunately the unit was intermittent and has worked fine for the past week. I have used this companyy for major appliance repairs in the past and both times the diagnostics and repairs were flawless.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Al. We truly appreciate you taking time to tell us about your AHS experience. We want you to know you can count on us to take care of your repairs needs. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

Jerry YoungBey Clinton, MD

American Home Shield is the best way to go when owning a home. They get the job done in a reasonable time fram, and it is all professionally taken care of. You pay very little for any and every brake down Home Shield covers. I am happy to have this coverage, because I could had never been able to pay for all of the brake downs for pluming, electrical ,oven and microwave repairs and brand new rellacements.a

Reply from American Home Shield

Jerry, thank you so much for such a positive review. We are so excited you are finding the value in your warranty coverage. We look forward to working with you for your future repair needs as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Kathryn J Jedlick Pittsburgh, PA

American home shield is very helpful with getting things fixed. I have used them on 5 different occasions. In all of those occasions all i was responsible for was my service charge. I have had my A/C fixed, dishwasher & fridge replaced. A clogged drain in clogged.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Erin Cafagna Tolleson, AZ

Great first experience. Very quick repair service, scheduled fast and very efficient. Technician had to get approval from AHS to replace racks in our dishwasher. I figured this would take at least 1 week, but he got the approval on 1 day!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erin, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Sharona R Rice Tulsa, OK

After talking with other buyers, it seems it's hard to get things approved. I had a hard time understanding a lot of the reps I talked to as well and couldn't give me clear answers. I had a call back from one saying she had options to discuss. When I called back the new repnon the phone had no info on this and so was not given any options. I had a simple faucet change. I have an older home. It was an original faucet. Since it was quoted as damaged it was not replaced by your company and had to pay out of pocket. Even the company that I ended up working with had negative things to say about this warranty company and gave me some new companies to try. I still don't understand how a faucet can be denied. If you need a faucet fixed it is going to be from wear and tear.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Sharona, I hate to hear about the ongoing issues that have been experienced to have the faucet and other plumbing items repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss possible resolutions.

BB Bandy, VA

On occasion it is difficult to understand the agent taking the information on my issue, and my issue does not get relayed correctly and it does cause delays in getting the work done. I know I can input my issue via the website, but I prefer human interaction. Ultimately my issues were fixed and I am a satisfied customer.

Bev Kaneohe, HI

I had a problem with my garage opener. I made a phone to American Home Shield - within a county days a company came to the house and resolved the problem to my my satisfaction.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bev, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Millton S. Correia San Antonio, TX

We have used our home warranty many times. It has been good most of the time, but recently we have had issues with using the cash out option to purchase a ceiling fan that needs to be replaced. My wife and I have called 4 times in 2 weeks and have seen no progress. Also, when asking to escalate and speak with a supervisor, I received heavy resistance from the on phone AHS operator/technician and was told a supervisor would call me back. I have not yet received a call back.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Millton, Thank you for bringing the ceiling fan repairs to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss a resolution.

Jun. 18th, 2021

Tina Duggins Fayetteville, NC

American Home Shield is an awesome resource. They are a little slow moving, but they always come through to support the customer by standing by their word. "If they cannot fix it, they will replace it."

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tina, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Pamela Martinez Pewee Valley, KY

Rated 4 as I was told that had I not bought my own replacement faucet that I would been given a builder grade when the one that needed replacing was NOT builder grade and that troubles me..it should be similar to what I had in.

Elvert Osbron Sterling Heights, MI

Not getting any response from AHS when service pro's do not fix problems. AHS has charged me for unfixed problems. Also, I have had to get my own repairman to fix issues and AHS does not even reply back too me. I have called, left messages & sent e-mails. I've had AHS for more than 2 decades, and up to 2018 I was completely satisfied. Now not so much. Wonder what has changed?

George Untal Vallejo, CA

Prompt call back to set an appointment; arrived within scheduled appointment window; quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it! Mike was polite and very professional in dealing with us.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi George, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

ARTHUR CROSS Brick, NJ

They did what the contract stated I had a ceiling fan that needed fixing and my plan covers all parts on a ceiling fan made appointment on line and within 24hrs my fan was fixed

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Arthur, I am so glad to hear your issue was resolved promptly and efficiently. We can't wait to take care of your next repair need with the same level of service.

Larsenia Overstreet-Steele Fairfield, AL

Because they are knowledgeable and kind and friendly ,helpful and answer all questions and don’t hang the telephone until you are satisfied with your needs and I would recommend them to anyone who need some help with anything they need and I am not just writing this i really mean everything I have said and you have a Blessed day

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larsenia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Bill Conway Wayne, PA

Coverage and their contractor. I’m giving them the Covid consideration. It’s been tough on us all. But I was on hold for over 6 hours with regard to one claim. That’s really bad. To top it off the call disconnected by itself.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, thank you for letting us know about your repair experience. Your feedback lets us know when we need to make changes and we understand long hold times can be very frustrating. We will strive to provide you with a much better experience in the future. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Henriette Carlson Kent, WA

Working with AHS has been so much better than I ever expected. The immense stress of having something breakdown is greatly reduced. I only had one incident happens during that was with my pool. I had listed many items as far as outdoors including my pool. When something happened with my pool I was told it wasn't noted in the contract. I missed it in my review of contract. I wasn't allowed to add it and had to wait until the anniversary of my contract. Other then that, all has been good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Henriette, thank you for taking time to tell us about your AHS service experience. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate yourunderstanding in having to wait until the renewal to add the pool coverage. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Tracey Horton Austin, TX

I wrote a very negative review a couple of weeks ago that stated after being told to call an outside contractor for an emergency on a weekend and would be reimbursed, then I was told no I would not be reimbursed. However, after reading my review, I was contacted and will be reimbursed. I am very happy as I knew this was simply not fair. Thank you very much for making this right. I really appreciate it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tracey. Thank you for rating your service experience. I'm sure it is frustrating if you were given incorrect information and paid out of pocket for repairs. We would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

AFC Laurel, MD

I was tempted to rate three because of an unresolved issue which I've experienced for first time and in all my 25 years with them, but will rate four. I hope it has nothing to do with the Reps who are usually nice. Also because of their introduction of yearly contract number change which prevents you from having past and present access to your account. There is one customer number in every company I'm associated with so why do we have to have new contracts number every year? I've been unable to get into my online account. And I guess I've lost my history with this company. New policy is very disappointing.

Georgianna DeMory Wheaton, IL

One situation and the response was quickly, the professional person they sent was exactly what I was looking for. He address and corrected my problem. The first time I called was an issue of removing one old washer and connecting a new one. That was in January and I wish I would have gotten the same person to schedule, but he said they could not schedule it. There was no explanation for it except no. As a result I had to hire a dishonest plumber who cheated me on price and stated he did more than he did. I disputed his work with the credit card company, he lost and now is threatening me that he is turning me over to collections when he paid half of his cheating request. I only would like to know why I got a refusal from American Shield, and I am not through with the other man’s threats. This could have ended differently.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Georgianna, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

May. 22nd, 2021

Maritza Hobart, IN

I have saved money getting services through American Home Shield. The two biggest concerns/issues were my A/C unit and Furnace! I ended up with 2 new systems.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maritza, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Scott Delaney Jefferson City, TN

Ease of getting issues resolved, everything has been fully covered after my payment of $100.00. Repairs are dispatched within an hour or 2 after I make my claim.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Scott. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your AHS experience. It's great to hear how easy it was to get a resolution to the problem you were having. We look forward to providing the same standard of service in the future as well.

Lydell Bradley Lakeside, VA

They are convenient, scheduling service repairs is easy, and quick, but I notice that the companies that get chosen are not the most popular companies that you may see around your local area. Less professional, more like your best friend cousin roommate does side work cheap type of people..

Jane M. Guthrie, OK

This was our first time purchasing a home warranty. They have made it extremely easy, everyone we talk to is nice, and they are very fast at providing help.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jane, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Vonnie Tulare, CA

I've never been treated the way I was when I called about the repairman not getting in touch with me for five days she couldn't reach them either so I told her to get someone else out to fix my ac because triple digits were expected she said she couldn't assign someone else till she can get ahold of the ones that were supposed to be here I told that's not my problem she just kept making excuses I told her I've been with them for 26 years and maybe I need to find another company that didn't even phase her on top of that it cost me 160.00 bucks fie Freon cuz all they cover is ten bucks per pound

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Vonnie, I hate to hear about your AHS experience and the non covered cost to have the repairs completed. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Ellen Hal

Because when I call them for my plumbing problem they came and made me an appointment within the next couple of days and took care of my problem with my hot water heater

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Terry Monroe Fredericksburg, VA

I have had American Home Shield now for 4 years and after my contracted ended they raised my yearly account from $879 to $1131 a 29% increase. They also charge $ 100 for each service call. So if I don't have more than $1500 in repairs a year then I'm giving the money for nothing.

J Yager Annandale, VA

Took more than a week to obtain contractor and finish the job. Right now, I'm disputing the fees that were charged for services not rendered. Company mentioned that credit will be issued 5 business days, and I'm still waiting at this time.

John Ace Mammoth Lakes, CA

American Home Shield attends to claims promptly and always sends reliable people to handle repairs. Additionally, we find.their premiums to be quite reasonable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Sathia Lisa Sun Manassas, VA

I seen a lot of improvement from filing a claim and the response on the phone has been quicker. No one has placed me on hold for the longest either.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sathia, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Terry Reid Cleburne, TX

I have used AHS for over 15 years. They are prompt, and send good people, usually, to repair items. I have learned that the small repairs are handled really well & are the reason I have a home warranty. Do not expect them to replace large items. That won’t happen, in my experience.

Amber Estrada Goose Creek, SC

Helpful and will try to cover issues that arise with your home, but you have to do your research about what exactly is covered to avoid confusion when asking for help, as the operator may be confused. Additionally, being charged 100 for each repair visit can be a bit much.

Patricia Shoemake Amarillo, TX

Frustration with return phone calls to advise me what American Home Shield will do and how they will proceed with repairs or replacement. It was one week between the time the service man came and assessed the problem until I finally received a call from AHS with their options. I chose the payout rather than wait 6 weeks for parts to arrive; it has been another week, and I still haven't received the funds promised me for my washing machine.

Michelle Scott Mount Dora, FL

Vendors do not operate locally and subsequently do not make the service calls until 4-5 days after the initial call for a needed repair. I am assuming that there are no vendors in my county so AHS must rely on vendors that are miles away. Sadly, AHS clerks are clueless to vendors accepting jobs but are quite a distance from the “job” resulting in a several day delay in showing up for the request.

Natasha Mingo Los Angeles, CA

I’m glad to have the protection but very time I have an issue it seems it is never covered by the warranty. So I’ve had to pay out of pocket each time. There is always some explanation about modifications which makes no sense because any house you buy unless new will have modifications at the time of purchase because of upgrades. It’s just really frustrating.

James C Starnes Riverview, FL

So far, so good. Every problem has been addressed with prompt courtesy. However, some of there contractors leave a little to be desired as far as being able to reach them with ease, but the help department is always really available to assist with contacting contractor when you cannot reach them.

Edward F. Rosa Escondido, CA

AMS responded in a timely manner. The Sears technician was on time and completed his task in a short time. He even found a potential problem and fixed it. This saved us another service call. even found a problem we did not know existed spotted

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Edward, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Margaret Fraze Santa Rosa, CA

Although I have paid for the coverage for several years, I haven't had to contact them because I didn't have any appliance problems. However, when I did contact them for an AC problem, they responded and repaired the item quickly, so I was very satisfied with the service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Margaret, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kathie Hayden Mentor, OH

I requested a service order for my AC and you were prompt. However when the service tech discovered that it was a fried circuit board in my furnace he said that because he was new to the warranty side he would have to talk to his boss on how to handle it and that someone would contact me in 24-48 hours. No one has called me about this and I had to pay another $100. To start a service order on the furnace. I am impressed at how well your company is run except in this area.

Marilyn S Sauerberg Dundee, IL

I had a problem of water leaking from my water heater and AHS sent out a plumber to diagnose the issue. It turns out it was the relief valve was malfunctioning and then he replaced it. He was very competent and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marilyn, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Not Offering Appleton, WI

I've had three needs under the coverage. Two were handled without any issue at all. The other one had some poor communication and slowness in finding a contractor to complete the work. However, when the contractor was found they did an excellent job. We were disappointed, however, that the entire installation was not fully covered because of "code" issues. We purchased an old home and that's one reason we bought the warranty.

Garnepudi Houston, TX

Service is prompt and the technicians are professional, the amount of time to service is quick. Answers all the questions and some the problems in time. I recommend to my friends. Great money saving opportunities for any home owner. Thanks.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Garnepudi, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Trish Miles Baldwin City, KS

Since the first time I needed American Home Shield to the present time, they have always been there for me. They respond in a timely manner to my service requests and have been fair inn their decisions regarding replacement vs repair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Trish, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Lori Seel Bremen, IN

We had to use our warranty twice in less than 2 1/2 weeks, and only three weeks after closing on our home. Both companies we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure our issues were resolved as quickly as possible and with as little disruption to our lives as possible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lori, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Charles Nelson Kingsland, GA

My water heater was leaking from the bottom of the water heater, the first company they had to fix it never called me back to setup an appointment, they tried to call as well but no response. Then the second company they contacted, called me 5 minutes after I got off the phone with AHS, they took care of my problem the next day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Virginia Novak Lake Forest, CA

I gave a 5-star rating for American Home Shield as whenever we had a problem, they answered the call QUICKLY & sent someone out in a good amount of time & either fixed the problem, without having to pay very much at all or else gave us a very good amount to replace the appliance if it couldn't be repaired.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Virginia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Kelly C. Loves Park, IL

AHS has come through for us the 2 times we've needed them. They have replaced a microwave and a water heater. The process was very easy. The contractors were quick to help and both were professional. I would definitely recommend AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Goke Ademiluyi Holly Springs, NC

They are very responsive. They use good service people. If they can’t fix the appliance they will provide a replacement with no hassle. They allow you to put multiple appliances on one ticket so that you don’t have to pay a service charge for each appliance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Goke, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

May. 24th, 2021

Patricia Auton Dade City, FL

I had a Pluming problem, and they didn't fix it right the first time, I had to call AHS to send them back. My drip pan on my AC leaked over it had a bad sensor, again it still didn't work right, they had to return. What really upset me was it stained my celling, and AHS would not pay to replace the insulation that got wet, nor would they paint my celling either, that was caused from the drip pan sensor, caused the drip pan to overflow.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 27th, 2021

Kathy Tucson, AZ

They have always sent technicians when I have a problem with an appliance. It is usually the next day. No questions asked. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the part, but they call when it arrives and come out the next day. The appliances that have needed repairs are older models, so I expect it to take some time to locate the part. The technicians are very good about keeping the area clean before leaving.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, We are pleased to hear about your service experience and the technicians that have completed repairs.

May. 25th, 2021