We ensure all of our contributing writers have expertise, authority, and trust in their field.
We will consider your submission if it meets the following criteria:
You have 2+ years of experience writing on the subject.
You’ve earned 30+ third-party placements/backlinks from sources related to the subject. Sources must have a relatively high domain rank.
Over 50% of your professionally published work must be related to the subject.
Your social media profiles reflect expertise in the subject.
Because our site covers a wide range of industries, we accept articles in the categories below:
- Keep it original — All submitted content must be original, meaning that it has not been and will not be published elsewhere.
- Follow our style and tone — Our readers respond to content that is authentic, engaging, and trustworthy. Please avoid language that is too academic or too casual. We publish content that is professional, yet accessible to our readers.
- Cite your sources — Any data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article must be properly attributed through in-text citations. Please do not use footnotes. All sources must be credible and up to date.
- Keep it educational, not promotional — Submitted content cannot be overly promotional or biased. The purpose of the article should be to inform, not to sell.
- Include an author bio — Provide a two or three sentence bio to be published with the article. Authorship must be attributed to a person, not a company or organization. We do not publish author images with guest posts.
- Don't be too brief — Submitted articles must be at least 800 words, though we prefer articles that are between 1,000 and 1,200 words or more.
Best Company reserves the right to edit guest blog content as we see fit for grammar, formatting, length, clarity, and style, as well as the right to update it in the future to ensure accuracy. You will be notified of any substantive changes made to the article(s).
No images are required with a submission. But if you want to include some, here's what you need to know:
- Understand the copyright and grant permission — You must claim the copyright for each image submitted and grant Best Company written permission to use it.
- Submit images as a .jpg file — Not much else to say here.
Any links within the body of your content must be relevant to the subject matter, have descriptive anchor text,
and direct to an informational resource that is helpful to readers, not a product or sales page —
as per Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
Best Company reserves the right to remove links if they do not meet the stated guidelines.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not participate in a link exchange — "You link to me, and I'll link to you" — nor can you purchase backlinks from us, period. We adhere to
Google's policy as outlined here.
- Include links to Best Company pages — We have many helpful resources on our site already. Be sure to include two or three links that are relevant to your topic in your article.
- Reference authoritative third parties — Reference industry leaders and experts as appropriate in your article.
- Link to yourself — You may include one link to your blog or website in the body of your article and one in your author bio.
- Share your work on social media — Once your article is published, show off the work you did! Tag us in your shares, too.
- No reposting, please — As mentioned previously, content published on BestCompany.com may not be published elsewhere.
We enjoy engaging with experts and members of the Best Company community on social media. Please follow or like our profiles below:
No need to engage on every channel — just the ones most relevant to you.
Successful Guest Posts
Please refer to the following articles as examples to ensure your
submission meets our standards:
Now that you understand our guidelines, use our
Write For Us form
to submit article ideas and tell us more about yourself.
If we are interested, someone from our team will contact you.
After you hear from us, you'll submit your article directly to the person who responded to your pitch. It will then be reviewed, and you'll receive feedback on revisions as necessary. Once the article passes the first review, it will be sent to our editor for final review and publication.
Write for Best Company
Have a great idea that would benefit Best Company readers? Complete the Write for Us form to make your pitch.