Choice Home Warranty

7.4

11 hours ago

Choice Home Warranty

verified
Offers customers "first month free" deal

Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to always offer its customers fast and simple solutions, excellent service technicians, and value for their money. Choice Home Warranty appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive user reviews below. Choice Home Warranty is one of America's fastest-growing companies.

The Good

• First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Packages
  • Transferable Contracts
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment home warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow consumers to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain home warranty plans, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for service. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently. In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when services will be completed.

Real Estate Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate professionals. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind. Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of a home warranty has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Contracts

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty carrier showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will be able to start new coverage as soon as the old policy expires. Contracts can be renewed each year and are 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. They have sections in their website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically. The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers a lot of common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a dishwasher built-in. The Total Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as an air conditioning system and a refrigerator. The complete list of items covered by each package are as follows:

Basic Plan

• Air conditioning system
  • Refrigerator
  • Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer

The following items are eligible for optional coverage and can be added to either of the above packages:

• Pool/spa
  • Septic tank pumping

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be dissapointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. CHW does not cover claims resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances. Customers should make sure to carefully read the Choice Home Warranty coverage options and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Although the company hasn't been in business as long as some other top home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. This warranty company offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and answer questions. It is easy to see why the company has largely recieved positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of unexpected repairs or replacement of home appliances and systems.

Muriel Silva
June 21st, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

It has been easy to file a claim and scheduling an appointment with the contractor. However, every service has had some hiccup which resulted in either the service isn't covered or most recently, the repair parts backordered for over a month. The CHOICE service rep has explained that there is noting they can do about it but the "super" customer rep has forwarded a check for the "cost of the repair" usually $200 or so. In the most recent, I have been told that I can use this amount towards the replacement of my washer since I already received a service call, This resolution seems contrary to the overall purpose of having this coverage and I am considering for the 4th time of cancelling my contract.

jerome Keyzer-Andre
June 21st, 2018 Anoka, MN

Your sales force's hyperaggressive approach is not reassuring. I expect that of the dodgier sort of outfit. I will be asking the BBB about you. There has been some difference between prices quoted on Sunday the 17th and subsequently. This, again, is challenging to one's peace of mind. The "$100 off" figure is more than the annual rate I first heard.

Sarah Paget
June 21st, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

My outdoor refrigerator wasn't cooling and they sent a technician out the next day and John was wonderful and so polite and knowledgeable and took care of me very efficiently. I highly recommend this company and the great people that the send out! Thank you!

Luis Philip Gonzalez
June 21st, 2018 League City, TX

I have been a member of First American Warranty for years. I switched to Choice Home Warranty because I saved $395.00 for the same exact Coverages. Plus the another $30.00 saving per Service Call. I have been overpaying for years. Plus if you are a Veteran or over 50 there are more discounts and benefits.

Damion johnson
June 21st, 2018 Glenn Dale, MD

I spoke with a rep yesterday who was very helpful. We agreed i would call today, which i did, to sign up. However, other reps were blowing my phone up. When i told one rep i was on the phone with another rep, he rudely responded, “why i answer the phone then!”

Kayla
June 20th, 2018 Lewisville, TX DETAILS

We have used Choice Home Warranty for 3 years. Overall, I am satisfied with their service. The companies they send have provided efficient services for our needs. My only complaint, is having to pay for the renewal in 1 or 2 payments. I wish there were more payment options as $500 or $250 is a lot to come up with on top of monthly financial commitments.

Christopher powell
June 20th, 2018 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS

I have experienced excellent customer service from choice representatives.

Cynthia Martin
June 20th, 2018 Arlington, TN

I made a claim on my washing machine and within 12 hours an appointment was made. The plumbing company, however, did not show up on the day my appt was for. Even told me I wasn’t on his schedule. When I told him I received an email a week ago from Choice regarding the appt. he told me his company was supposed to call us to confirm the appt. His company never called, even though he told me he did. He came up with several excuses. The bottom line was that someone in his office dropped the ball.

Qian Ye
June 20th, 2018 Martinsville, NJ DETAILS

My requests always get serviced immediately. I have peace of mind knowing my house has this warranty.

Dee Chisolm
June 20th, 2018 Hampton, VA

Jason was so helpful and well versed in what warrant and price would fit my needs and budget. He is and outstanding agent!

Deborah Kraemer
June 20th, 2018 Roseville, MI

I felt a little pressured when inquiring about the warranty and did sign up. Hope nothing fails the month i have to wait. Hopefully i get good service when i need it

BEC
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

I contacted out of curiosity and was assaulted with frequent hard-sell pressure calls. The hard sell delegitimized the company for me.

eliana babbi
June 20th, 2018 Vero Beach, FL

I could never had so bad experience with Choice.My air conditioning stop working. Choice sent me a technician whom made a wrong diagnostic.And so they told me that I was not covered. By my expenses I called another Company. And they find that my Vap coil was liken. I send then the new Company estimate. I talk to Choice about the discrepancy about this two diagnostics, after staying in line by phone trying to talk to Choice, hours a day, during more than ten days. (before you make your insurance tray to call them )But at the end they place a message over my claim: closed. And that is it they decided and a paid my insurance one year in advance. I The second company send then pictures and description, but they don't want to know anything else.I called a third Company, and they confirmed what was broken, and I am going to pay for fixing the trouble. Be far from this company. They can not be worse than they are.Even the costumer service, is very bad.

Ann
June 19th, 2018 Cumming, GA DETAILS

Claims are handled quickly! The repairman was polite and knowledgeable!

Ann Modzelewski
June 19th, 2018 Naples, FL DETAILS

I was so stressed because I was leaving town and had two appliances that were not operating correctly and it was a Saturday...whoa they took my information and by Sunday I had an appointment for the technician for Monday before I had to leave on Tuesday. He was wonderful and solved all my stress.

Dean Watson
June 19th, 2018 McDonough, GA DETAILS

A plumber came to my home today to repair a leaky toilet and they said the toilet would need to be replaced due to a hairline crack in the toilet. The plumber spoke with a CHW representative who said he would put the matter in front of the board. I received an email stating that CHW will not cover the replacement of my toilet. There are so many legitimate things this company does not cover. I think they are in the business of denying and not honoring claims. I really want to discontinue service with this company when my contract ends. If there was an option for less than one star, I would give them that.

Tammy Sorendo
June 20th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

Waiting on the phone for close to 1 hour. The customer services reps were pretty good. The coverage however was disappointing. Recent issues have made me concerned about the coverage of my request for service.

John
June 19th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

My first experience with this company was a nightmare! My fridge broke down and so I called them. Two days later they never called back to tell me when someone was coming out so I called them. They said they couldn’t find anyone to come until 1 week later but I could call someone out, have the repair comoany call Choice with the diagnoses and they would approve it. I would then pay them the full amount but Choice would reimburse me. So that’s what I did. I got someone out the very next day. I called choice for the approval and was on hold for 45 mi utes! The charge was approved and the total bill was $1174 to fix it. I paid the repair company and then later got an email from choice saying they would reimburse me only $440 and it would take a month to get the check. Ridiculous! I had to do all the work and pay for the far majority of the work myself. When they sold me the program they said I just needed to call them and someone would repair it in 48 hours and I would only have to pay $45 each time I needed something repaired. Choice is a rip off!!!! I did finally talk to a supervisor that was helpful and offered to send me a check for the full amount for the repairs so I’m upgrading their review to 3 stars.

Kevin
June 18th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

I should have read the fine print, a/c coil went bad so I thought I would be covered. The contract stated coil will not be covered due to rust or corrosion. How else will a coil fail other than rust or corrosion? Save your money and fund your own repairs. Would not deal with this company again, fortunately I only have a 1 year policy. I think you would have better odds of me coming out to repair your appliances than you would choice home warranty. Buyers beware!!!!!

Elvis Llanes
June 18th, 2018 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS

I decided to choose Choice home warranty for my home needs due to great reviews. They advertise that there is no home inspection needed, and that they know that things dont last forever and they understand that things break down, wear out. Unfortunately, this was not what the end results were. Once i needed their services to fix my broke down AC unit, they found any reason to deny my claim, based on a few pictures taken by the AC technician. I live in Phoenix, AZ so my AC is vital specially when my 2 AC units broke down within a week in the middle of the summer. I had moved into my home almost a year to date, and my 2 AC units had received the normal maintenance. What they dont have an amergency 24 response?? you think trying to live in a home which got as hot as 94 degrees is ok for my family to live in. They took about 1 week to send 2 AC technicians out. They didnt care about the well being of my family. So you advertise peace of mind, I got anything but that. Why am i paying for a home warranty, I pay my monthly dues and when I need services I got the shaft. I had to pay out of pocket to repair my 2 AC units, costing my $1,243. I have been on the phone numerous times, arguing with the service agent and case manager and have not been able to resolve anything. i guess im just S.O.L. I wound give this home warranty company a big ZERO if allowed. i wound definitely reconsider going elsewhere for your home warranty needs. This company just throws at you policies and regulations as to why they cant cover your broke down appliances. Don't waste your time or money.

Pam Dyckman
June 18th, 2018 Grove City, OH DETAILS

Very very disappointed in the service from choice warranty. Roy came Saturday to fix our AC. He was very cordial and fix the problem. However, we ended up paying him $225.00 because he had to get permission from Choice Warrsnty to replace the part. He emailed and called. After 45min he received no answer. Come to find out, you have no one on the phones on the weekend. What is the point of having technicians come out on weekends if they can’t get the okay to repair the AC.

Sunil Ghogre
June 18th, 2018 Morristown, NJ DETAILS

This is our first time experience of using services, unfortunately it was terrible. Choice was prompt in assigning a technician, not the technician never turned up on agreed time nor he called up, it happened twice for same job. Finally when he arrived he didn't have right set of tools to fix the problem. He said someone will come, no one turned up as yet. On top of this Choice system generated email tell us the appointment was missed by us. Crazy. Typical, lot of tall promises when the sales person wants to sell the product and when it comes to delivery we know what the real customer focus is.

rodger creech
June 18th, 2018 Rocky Mount, NC DETAILS

Choice Home Warranty is the worst possible home warranty company in the world! They do not cover the items that are in repair due to age and use! I live in a 27 year old house and I am in need of an AC repair or replacement but it is not covered due to wear! I was denied because of that! Do not do business with this company!!

V Pinson
June 18th, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

The repair person arrived as scheduled and my garbage disposal was replaced promptly. Very satisfied with the service. V Pinson June 16, 2018

Judy Sursely
June 18th, 2018 Granbury, TX

Rated a 5 for now. If we have a claim, depending on how quick repair man shows up, quality of repair it could stay a 5 or be changed. The ordering experience with Matt was cordial, not pushy.

Norman Vetter
June 15th, 2018 Downingtown, PA DETAILS

Took two days to get an appointment with a service provider. Took another two days to get them to come out. Work was performed well and job was completed to specification.

Ellen Smith
June 14th, 2018 Kapolei, HI DETAILS

Do NOT give then or email them your phone number or they will PLAGUE you with phone calls for sales several times a day starting at 5 am. They lie and say they have removed your number when you call to complain, but keep churning out telemarketer lists. I reported them recently to the FCC.

TAMMY EATON
June 14th, 2018 Chattanooga, TN

Not qualifier tech still waiting on leak fixs and ceiling repair. Already paid two trip charges. Been over 3 weeks. On phone now waiting on choice . Customer service is alwful and waiting to talk to someone waiting is over 30 minutes and then sometimes get disconnect.

Ramesh Kamath
June 14th, 2018 Katy, TX DETAILS

The standard contract includes only 2 AC units. The person selling the Contract never informed us of this. It is stated in the contract, but you'll miss it unless you take the time to read every word of a long document. We were lucky to find out before we actually had a problem with our 3rd unit. Paying for and adding coverage for the 3rd AC unit was very time-consuming. When I picked the Sales option on their automated phone system, some of reps were very rude while others simply transferred my call without even talking to me. It took me over a couple of hours on the phone to get someone to add coverage and that too happened a few days after I spoke to the rep.

Lloyd Walker
June 14th, 2018 Little Rock, AR DETAILS

I’ve only used the service once but I received prompt action and repair of my A/C.

Richard Freese
June 14th, 2018 Denton, TX

Kevin M. was very knowledgeable and got us the full plan with a good rate.

Mike Donnelly
June 14th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Horrible customer service! I was told repeatedly for a week that they had authorized payment to fix my AC and they reneged on their promise and said they will send a check, their wholesale cost of a part, for me to buy a part to fix my AC. They kept stringing me along for a week and I still have a broken AC unit (in Tucson, 100+ degrees). Choice Home Warranty LIES, CHEATS ,STEALS, and laughs all the way to the bank with your money! Do not but a warranty from them, you will get screwed!

S habe
June 13th, 2018 Wentzville, MO DETAILS

They are great when selling you the contract but their customer service closes at 5pm eastern and they make you wait in hold for 45 minutes. Their technicians are not reliable and they want to give u pennies on the $ to do a replacement. Ridiculous!

Kristiana Lubomirova
June 13th, 2018 Meridian, ID DETAILS

The call waiting times are always almost an hour +. Lots of transfers, and almost nothing is covered. The contractors they work with give you the wrong time estimates, just an entire cluster from start to finish. Not impressed, do NOT waste your money on this company.

Albert Williams
June 20th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

This company sucks and I would not advise anyone to do business with CHOICE HOME WARRANTY. They have no problem calling or texting you five ,six times a day to get you to do business with them but if you should try to get them to look at something in your home it's hard to get any assistance then they send out some technician that probably was not trained or have any sort of knowledge of what he is doing, just interested in collecting service fees or all kid of different fees before even looking at the problem. Then you have to go around in circles for them to tell you that they wont cover it because it was not properly maintained.

willistine gaymon
June 13th, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

I've been with CHW for 2 years and never had a problem. I relocated and my AC was not working because I paid for the full year they fixed my AC unit. Thank you Thank you Thank you !!

June 13th, 2018 Blue Ridge, VA DETAILS

The person I spoje to was rude and actually hung up on me! Now this,company calls me 3 times a day and I block their calls. AWFUL!

Taken
June 13th, 2018 Greeley, CO DETAILS

Hard to cancel. When you cannot prove prior maintenance on a home you just bought, CHOICE will not service it.

Francis
June 13th, 2018 Itasca, IL DETAILS

Excellent customer service. I just joined.

Antonio A Reyes
June 13th, 2018 Alexandria, LA

The agent who explained the coverage of the policy was very well versed in his field. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the Choice Warranty services. Kudos to this employee.