Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.6

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repairs and replacements of major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to offer excellent service technicians, fast and simple solutions for its customers, and value for homeowners' money by reducing out-of-pocket expenses. The home warranty service provider appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive Choice Home Warranty reviews below. Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and is one of America's fastest-growing companies, headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.

The Good

• Choice Home Warranty Cost
  • First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Agent Packages
  • Transferable Service Contract
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty Cost

Choice Home Warranty has an affordable policy that starts at $495 per year or $43.75 per month. The monthly cost is more expensive because Choice Home Warranty charges a $30 surcharge if you opt for a monthly payment rather than a single annual payment.

Choice Home Warranty's average service fee is competitively priced at $60.

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment and one-year warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow homeowners to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top-notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The home warranty company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers peace of mind and the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Unlike some home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a contract, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for warranty plans. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently.

In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when the warranty service will be completed.

Real Estate Agent Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate agents. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind.

Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of home warranty service has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Service Contract

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty provider showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will start new coverage as soon as the old warranty contract policy ends.

Any warranty contract can be renewed each year and is 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. The service provider has sections on its website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically.

The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Warranty Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a built-in dishwasher. The Total Warranty Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as more major appliances and systems, such as an air conditioner and a refrigerator.

The complete list of the offered warranty policies and items covered by each package, as well as optional coverage add-ons, are as follows:

Basic Plan: $495 per Year or $43.75 per Month

• Heating system
  • Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
  • Plumbing system

• Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fan and exhaust fan
  • Plumbing system

• Well pump: $100

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be disappointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. Covered Choice Warranty claims do not include damage resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances.

However, similar to most warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty's packages will cover the repair or replacement of appliances affected by normal wear and tear. Customers should carefully read the fine print and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. Its warranty policy and service fee are competitively priced compared to other top-rated home warranty companies.

Choice Home Warranty offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and to answer questions.

It is easy to see why the company has received largely positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of any unexpected repair or replacement of major appliances and systems.

With affordable monthly prices and a cheaper trade service fee than most, Choice Home Warranty is definitely a solid choice for your home warranty needs.

Check out Choice Home Warranty reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current customer reviews note that warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner, technician service is exceptional, warranty policies are listed at affordable prices, and the customer service department is helpful and courteous.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jimmie

They've always been right there for us any time we have had to use them. They're very friendly and they're just very very professional. I used it recently on my air conditioner. My experience with the guy they sent out was awesome. He addressed the problem immediately, no questions asked. He took care of the problem with no issues. Every time they have sent someone out, they've just been very professional and have addressed the problem immediately.

bookmark

Featured Review

James

They are knoweldgeable, friendly, and professional. The repair person came out and he was outfitted with his mask because of the virus and he came in and inspected the appliance and told me what was wrong and what needed to be done. Then he had the parts and he repaired it and was on his way. They are very responsive and prompt.

Marsha Elko, GA

Whenever I call, I get immediate service. If they cannot provide the service that they use, they will let me use someone that I know and then they will take care of that bill. When you call, they assess your situation and provide the service needed in a very timely manner with professional people that come to your home that are very professional, very considerate and get the job done. Just two weeks ago, my refrigerator door and my freezer tray were messed up, so I had to replace the tray and the door handle and they also fixed my ice machine as well, it was fixed in a timely manner and I was very pleased with the outcome. I would tell anyone that does not have this to purchase it because it is a very good service for what you pay for. It saves you hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the long run. I'm extremely pleased with Choice Home Warranty and I would recommend it to anyone.

Mark & Linda Keller, TX

The first time we called, it was the dishwasher. It had water in the bottom of the dishwasher and he came out and discovered that the garbage disposal had a loose connection and was causing the dishwasher not to drain properly. He diagnosed it within fifteen to thirty minutes and was gone within an hour so he was prompt. He was courteous and he was very knowledgeable.

Christel Keller, TX

They've met all my needs, they take care of all my issues. I have something pending right now--the dishwasher was broken and someone came out to fix it but they said they needed the parts. But then it's been two weeks without and hearing from the company or anything, so we called back Choice Home Warranty about it and they took care of that situation and they called us and said they're gonna replace the dishwasher and they're supposed to give us a gift card for so much money to replace it.

James Venice, FL

We've used our warranty twice so far. One was a light not working in the freezer or the refrigerator. We were contacted promptly, he came out had to order a part, came back within a week, and got it fixed very promptly. The second was the dishwasher that was not functioning properly. They came out, did some cleaning work on it, and fixed the problem the first time. Their customer service was very prompt, they immediately responded to my concerns, and their people that they have selected contacted me immediately and were timely in their response. So far I've been pleased with them. I've used other home warranty people before and I actually was very pleased with them. The price that Choice came in with was significantly cheaper than who I used previously and so far I've been pleased with their work.

Dawn Lennon Cary, IL

We have only had one irritating issue with them when they refused to replace our water softener. Otherwise your staff is great and follows through in a grand manner.

Jani Reyes Desoto, TX

They're usually very prompt and getting servicemen to assess the original problem , but they take way too much time to decide if they're going to pay the claim and the problem lies unrepaired for too long.

Michelle Easton, PA

They never made sure someone came to fix my leaky pipe I reported in January 2021. Although they made several appointments for someone to come the contractor never showed up even though arrangements were made for an adult to be present.

Sherry Mansfield Henderson, NV

Prompt response time. No paperwork. The customer service is good and asks questions in order to get the right company for the job that needs to be done.

Shelia N Jones Fairburn, GA

I had some issues with a Rep not being truthful and it cost me $1100.00 out of pocket to replace my broken stove. The company that was sent to service the appliance didn't do a true assessment of the issue. They didn't even turn it on.

Choice Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

May. 6th, 2021

Merri Brieden Houston, TX

I posted a claim online with a problem I was having with my garbage disposal. They responded quickly. A plumbing company called me the same day with an appointment for the next day. The company kept in constant contact until the technician arrived. He installed a new disposal the same day after seeing a faulty connection causing it to drip water. Not sure how long it was leaking water but I did have a mess under the sink! After having a “not so good” experience with a previous claim, I’m happy with this experience. Thank you Choice Home Warranty!

Mohammed Arshad Oswego, IL

Choice Home Warranty came through for us the first time we needed them. Found a small leak coming from the stove top plumbing and called Choice Home Warranty. They listened careful to understand exactly what the problem was and dispatched a plumber for the next day. The plumber showed up before 8 AM and was very professional. He quickly identified the issue with the valve and got it replaced within 15 minutes. From start to finish, a great experience and gives me peace of mind for any future problems I may encounter in my new home.

Carla Jacksonville, FL

I have been with Choice Home Warranty for 5 years now and have never had a issue. It is very easy to place a work order. Things that I sometimes think something is not covered, but it is. I have always received a quick response from the company and my ticket is assigned to a quickly. I have recommended the company to several friends and will continue to do so.

Anonymous Plano, TX

I've recommended Choice Warranty because I haven't had any issues. I've only used it one time and that was for plumbing my toilet and basically all it did was it just the handle, he didn't replace any parts but he told me that if I had any issues, that he would come back out and replace the part.

Caryl Sarasota, FL

I like the services they provided and the price. I've had three claims they've been in the last couple of months. it's all worked out very nicely. The plumber that they sent has been very trustworthy and professional and it saved me from having to hire somebody that I didn't know if I could trust him so that was helpful.

Chapman Franklin, TN

We had a garbage disposal fail wasn't sure if it was covered turns out it was covered submitted the claim one night the next day got a call from a repairman who was willing to come that day but we rescheduled for the next day when it was convenient he replaced it we've got a garbage disposal and it was an easy process

John Allen, TX

I would recommend Choice Home Warranty to all colleagues. I love it because it is hassle-free and takes things off of my hands. I called Choice for an issue with my AC. They scheduled a technician to come to my house and I didn't even have to schedule that myself. He came out, fixed it, and left.

Michelle Fresh Meadows, NY

I used my warranty quite a few times actually and I've had good experiences. When they couldn't fix it they replaced it with anything market value. The technicians are the greatest and if I called him up and told them look you know I wasn't too happy they would send someone else so they're actually very fair.

Sharon Cox Kearney, MO

First time we had to use our warranty. Phone is answered 24/7. The person on the phone was so helpful, starting the claim was a breeze following the easy prompts. Had a confirmation of a service man with a time window of service within an hour. The service man was on time, so professional , explained everything. Found the problem with our refrigerator quickly, he came equipped with the part to fix it and it was working perfectly in an hour. Can not say enough about Choice Home Warranty, they have top service people that work for them. We are so very glad to have the peace of mind that we have with Choice Home Warranty.

Love Love Palm Coast, FL

The technician (Billy) was great very experienced. After his diagnosis he could not do the work. First call 4/19/21 Tech shows 4/26/21, not able to work on sealed system. New contractor must be found, Johns appliance repair is contracted 5/10/21. Then I receive a call and County refrigeration is not coming on 5/4/21. I then get a e-mail to be able to hire my own tech if they are certified to do the job. Professional Appliance repair is contracted by me and they showed up 1st day 4/29/21. Diagnosing is in progress and needed parts on the way. If my suggestion of hiring/contracting with Professional Appliance repair on the first day was taken into consideration then this would not have taken so long.

Tiffany Newport News, VA

I had two issues and I receive appointments the same day for next day service. All of the technicians were extremely good and communicated very well with me about the issue and the problem and how it was going to be fixed. I even contacted customer service with a question via the online system related to my ticket and they got back to me the same day within a couple of hours with a response.

Michael Pompano Beach, FL

They responded to me immediately they sent somebody over I believe the day after my complaint and that person diagnose the problem unfortunately he diagnosed it improperly. They sent a second technician over for it's a different problem which didn't exist. So electric and had to come back a second time to fix the problem. I'm not too happy with that. I ended up having to pay twice for the same repair.

Sharon Gwynn Oak, MD

They answered all my questions they actually provided a lot of what I needed I was sort of like a one stop shop I didn't really have to go looking around for any supplemental coverage for anything and when I spoke to them they actually provided me an offer for a three year service I got the contract. I've had one service call since I signed up with them the person came out very quickly the person that I spoke to is very professional and unfortunately I didn't need any other services but I have no complaints so far.

Alan Whitinsville, MA

This last experience, we had a failure on our electric stove in the kitchen we called in the claim and within an hour so we got the call from the service provider. The actual service technician was going to come out that was really a good response. The individual did come, he was very thorough, and did a great diagnosis then really found the root cause of the problem, and he put in the follow-up paperwork to get the right replacement all in all it was really well done and very professional.

Pamela Clearwater, FL

We will continue with Choice Home Warranty forever. They have been great. Just recently we were having issues with our toilet, it was running constantly. We called Choice Home Warranty and the next day the plumber came out and within a half an hour, it was fixed. Everyone who has come to our house has been prompt and pleasant. They have done a great job.

Anonymous Red Oak, TX

I made it known that I had an issue, and the support that I received from Choice Home Warranty was fantastic. No complaints on my part. My heating element went out in my oven. The turnaround was quick. The technician that came out was knowledgeable to what was going on. There was a delay in getting a part in, but the repair has been made and like I said, there's no complaint.

David Azle, TX

Great value, great company. They really care about their customers and they handled my problems very fast. After the big freeze we had in Texas, my heat pump went out, and it turned out to be my thermostat. The tech they sent arrived and within fifteen minutes of looking, knew exactly what was wrong and replaced it. They are a great company--friendly employees and the companies they do business with to send out to their customers are good companies. The techs are great people--nice and friendly. Choice Home Warranty one hundred percent, all the way, A plus!

Loraine Newport News, VA

They come out when you call, they send someone right away, it doesn't take forever, and it was so good that I that I've recommended it to one of my relatives and they have Choice now as well. Also, it's not that expensive. Last time I used it, there was this banging noise--the toilet was acting up--and they came in and and fixed whatever it was in the toilet, it was great, it was quick, and they had the mask on and everything. It was just great.

Rona John Delray Beach, FL

It's hard to get through on the phone, and I almost always have to reschedule with the provider. Recently, my garbage disposal stopped working. I put in a claim on your website and I was scheduled for a visit ten days after I put in my claim to say something was broken. I called the provider and I got a visit scheduled for two days instead of ten days. They came at the beginning of the time window--I was very happy I didn't have to wait around for them for hours--and they quickly and efficiently fixed the disposal. I had already given them my card so I didn't have to wait for anyone to go out in the van and clear the card so I'm very happy.

Pete Lexington, SC

It's just a very good experience with Choice Home Warranty. I had one opportunity to call them a couple weeks ago about my dryer and during that call, it was easy to get an assignment done with the contractor. He was here the next day and fixed the dryer at that time. With the other company I was with before, that same item would be five or six day turn-around. I was also able to include my pool in my warranty for a cheaper rate than what I was paying with the previous company for twelve years.

Bill McCarr, KY

It's the second year I've had the warranty and I've only had to use it twice. I had one not-so-good experience and one great experience so that's I'll keep it for another year and hopefully everything works out like the second time. The first time I needed to use it was for an electrical problem, and I waited three days and they never contacted me. They said they couldn't find anybody, and that's why I got kind of discouraged with it but then I ended up fixing the problem myself. The second time, I had a problem with my heat pump, and when I reported it, somebody contacted me the same day and had a contractor call me to set up an appointment for the next day. The service was top notch--they were right on the ball--and I was satisfied that time because they had somebody come the next day.

Jimmy Chicago, IL

I think homeowners should have warranties like this, because even though I can DIY a lot of stuff, every homeowner should have it because you don't know when something's going to happen. As a matter of fact, the first time I used it, my dryer broke--the motor went out--and I called Choice. They sent the guys out, they fixed it, they answered all my questions, and they left. It was pretty good.

Terry San Angelo, TX

The service is good, I used it within the last month. I had kitchen stove knobs sticking on and they wouldn't turn off completely, and the guy came out and checked them out. He said what they needed, turned it into Choice Home Warranty, and it was approved that very same day. Of course a snowstorm hit, so he didn't get to come back for a couple of weeks, but it's now been fixed and everybody's happy.

Olatunde Tinley Park, IL

The price was cheaper than most home warranties and it had good reviews. Choice Home Warranty has been great, they've always been there every time I've needed something. It's very easy to get things done and to get someone to come out. Choice Home Warranty approves most of the claims--I've never had any claim denied. It was very easy to get in touch with somebody before the pandemic, which made it harder to get in touch with somebody, but now it is getting back to normal.

Jerome Mesquite, TX

The salesman called and offered me everything I was looking for in a warranty, so I decided to go with them. The support was very good because every time I called, they were respectful and gave me great service. My unit upstairs was blowing only heat upstairs and not downstairs so we called them. The technician came and looked at it, and showed me that I had my vents closed and they were really dirty. He showed me how to take care of it and was very helpful. When it comes time to renew my contract, I will definitely be doing so because I'm very happy with them. I've recommended three people already who have signed up with Home Choice because of the great service they have.

1287 Hirsch Ave, Calumet City Calumet City, IL

I've had to call for services twice in both incidents I was very satisfied with time of arrival & please with technician

Natasha Todd Easley, SC

I bought a plan with Choice because I just bought a home and know how things can break especially when the home is old. My air condition unit and handler need to be replaced (mind you from wear and tear) not anything that I did or can control and Choice will not replace it or even help replace it. This is after I had to file several claims to get to this conclusion. So they are basically telling me that I got ripped off using their company. I plan on getting a prorated amount back from them and never using choice again.

Choice Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home. Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

May. 6th, 2021

E. Wilkes Pittsburgh, PA

Only 2 stars because the technician came as promised and on time, and he was friendly. Everything else was down hill a m washer was left in pieces, completely unusable. I paid $85 to have a leaky washer fixed that worked fine otherwise, and now I have no washer.

M H Virginia Beach, VA

Someone was out on 4-19-21 to repair my washer. After 2 or 3 loads the washer is doing the same thing it was doing before it was “repaired”. The tech asked me to call him if I had any problems and I have with no luck so I have put in for another service call. Another 85.00. By time this is done I could have purchased a new washer for what I’m paying in service call fees. It sucks!!

GAtallGal Winder, GA

Quick response to my request for service. Technician selected found problem within a couple of minutes. Tech arrived within timeframe promised, and called to come to my home days before his original appointment. He will order parts and call me to make a second appointment.

Scott Werner The Villages, FL

Most everything was fine. Chris was a great technician. Finished the repair very quickly. If I had any complaint, it would be that for refrigerator/freezer repair, same day service should be a must. We lost some food because of having to wait a day. That being said, Choice Home Warranty served us well.

Geraldine Jones Pearland, TX

My experience so far has been great. Even though my home and new appliances are less than two years, one by one they have been giving me problems. Choice warranty has promptly answered each of my request, some within a few hours.

Saad Houston, TX

Whenever I need something I call the customer service. They are very quick and they answer my questions that I need and then when I put a service request everything was so quick.

Rosalind Missouri City, TX

Overall, they have good customer service. However, I requested that my air conditioner be replaced and I did not get a confirmation on that, I just got a denial which I was not very pleased about. I ended up having to spend fifteen thousand dollars on an air conditioning system.

Angie Tampa, FL

My first call to CHW to inquire on their coverage and cost was satisfactory. The Representative sounded very confident and knowledgeable, and was able to answer all my questions with his great sense of humor - amazing! To add icing to the cake, I was offered a deal that I could not refuse! I trust that the services being offered will be just as efficient as the Rep, when my plan comes into effect.

Richard Hernandez Altamonte Springs, FL

Well I haven't used the company yet but I love the persistence of commitment between me and them as far as the getting me as a customer with my account and also will the amenities or I should say everything that is covered under this warranty very very good I I like this we going to try it and see again this is something that I saw I caught my eye I liked it and hopefully I'll stay with you guys for a good while all good long time while I'm still at this home possibly if I change homes maybe you guys could go with me thank you Richard Hernandez

A Highlands, NJ

I had an awful experience with a previous vendor and I did my homework this time, I went and I looked at all of the customer reviews and then I did a price comparison and based on my research it was the best choice. The repairman they have sent out was outstanding, he was awesome, he was worth everything I had to pay and more.

Delorous Sun City Center, FL

I haven't had any problems at all. I've had two claims and each time they were here the next day and problem was taken care of and the people that took care of the problems were very professional and clean I just have no complaints at all.

Alice Broussard, LA

The last time I used it, my dishwasher broke and it stopped draining the water and they were very diligent and coming out and getting me serviced and getting the problem solved. Overall, I have no complaints. They have been very good.