Choice Home Warranty verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

7.5

Call Now

Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances. The company strives to always offer its customers fast and simple solutions, excellent service technicians, and value for their money. Choice Home Warranty appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive user reviews below.

The Good

• First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Packages
  • Transferable Contracts
  • Extensive Coverage

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any single-payment home warranty plan. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow consumers to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock.

No Home Inspection Required

Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a home warranty, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for service. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently. In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty's representatives are available to answer any questions that may arise.

Real Estate Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate professionals. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind. Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable.

Transferable Contracts

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty carrier showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will be able to start new coverage as soon as the old policy expires. Contracts can be renewed each year and are 100 percent transferable.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers two packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The items covered by each package are as follows:

Basic Plan

• Air conditioning system
  • Refrigerator
  • Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer

The following items are eligible for option coverage and can be added to either of the above packages:

• Pool/spa
  • Septic tank pumping

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be dissapointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. Choice Home Warranty does not cover claims resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances. Customers should make sure to carefully read the Choice Home Warranty coverage options and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. The company offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and answer questions. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of unexpected repairs or replacement of home appliances and systems.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

November 21st, 2017 DETAILS

The salesman lie and deceive you to get their business and then when you have a claim none of it is covered. I don't appreciate the sleazy way they do business.

November 21st, 2017 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Rude customer service. Will never even enquire again.

November 18th, 2017 Fairfield, OH DETAILS

I don't know how to give negative stars but if I could I would. Bottom line is I'm having to move my Family Thanksgiving dinner in 2017 because Choice. I have done everything they suggested and now having to get a second repair evaluation on a oven that cannot be repaired because parts are not available. After this is over I'm done with the whole home warranty business. Shame on you Choice Home Warranty!

November 17th, 2017 Morristown, NJ DETAILS

I usually don't provide a bad feedback for any products or company. But "Choice Home warranty" forced me to write something about them. Few things you all should know before you decide to pick "Choice Home Warranty". When you file a claim, you will need to understand "Choice Home Warranty" will not fix anything, they will come and let you know the problem only. When you call them they will either say - 1. this occurred due to a lack of maintenance and Choice does cover it. or 2. get a second opinion if you don't like the findings from their authorized technician. Either way, you will need to pay even more than the actual cost to fix the issue. Please don't fall for the reviews, I'm not sure even the reviews online are real or not. Hope this will help someone.

November 16th, 2017 Ft. Pierce, FL DETAILS

I have had two issues one with the motor in the ac air handler and the other with a microwave. After waiting for a technician for more than twelve hours over a two day period neither was covered. This company does everything to make it as uncomfortable as possible and then finds a reason not to fix nor replace as they advertise. SAVE YOUR money, do not buy this home warranty!

November 16th, 2017 Ft. Pierce, FL DETAILS

I have had two issues one with the motor in the ac air handler and the other with a microwave. After waiting for a tecchnitian for more that twelve hours over a two day period neither was covered. This company does everything to make it as uncomfortable as possible and then finds a reason not to fix nor replace as they advertise. SAVE YOUR money, do not buy this home warranty!

November 14th, 2017 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I would recommend Choice Home Warranty over any other providers for the coverage they offer to others. The agent Jeff K was very detail oriented and provided all information's that I was seeking. He was very professional and courteous in detailing the benefits.

November 9th, 2017 Rowlett, TX DETAILS

Service has been very good, and I am glad to be able to extend my warranty.

November 7th, 2017 Edgewater, FL DETAILS

Run the other way... before you sign or put money down read the home warranty contract which I never saw until after I paid and wasted 4 years worth of premiums. If you think they will replace a large appliance like a stove or fridge think again they will only pay up to 500.00. There are so many things in their warranty contract that is disallowed and those things are essential to the parts they will cover that it makes a lot of what they will cover ... void. If you want to cancel buyer beware.... they will prorate the remaining months... charge 10% admin fee and deduct the cost of prior repairs made from what is left so you get none of your money back, not being upfront and honest. I paid extra to cover in-ground pool and all equipment.... it took them 6 weeks to find someone who would work with them... I am in Florida pool repair companies are all over the place... then I find out they don't cover the heat pumps that heats the water to my pool. I had had a regular water heater they would only cover 500.00 to repair that but they would not pay more than the 500.00 so if a new pump is needed OH WELL you just paid the 45.00 service call fee to be told you are s__t out of luck they will not cover the cost to replace it. If I had it to do again knowing what I know now I would have saved my money and run the other way

November 6th, 2017 DETAILS

They did a good job on my home. The contractor they sent was really knowledgeable

November 6th, 2017 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

Two month after plumbing company came for to check the water heater pilot lite I got a service fee even though Mat from authorization dept. waived the fee then went back on his word. I called to speak to Mat and I was told I can not talk to him by Greeg manager at customer solutions dept. I have cancelled my contract for that reason. By the way the pilot lite would often go out in the water heater. That morning I had to turn it on so that I can take a shower. When IGD Pluming came the plumber told me I should not have turned the pilot lite on. I remember receiving an email about the waiver as well as it is known that you pay as the vender leaves and he never asked me to pay sense it was waived. In other instances I had to record conversations because I could no longer trust them.

October 30th, 2017 DETAILS

The strength of this company is that they have a clear list of what is and isn't covered, but the major weakness is that they won't honor that list once you've signed up. My dishwasher had a valve cover seal go bad, which at the time was covered under their list. They first rejected my claim because they confused it with the "door seal gasket", after days of trying to get a justification, they changed their rejection to say that they wouldn't cover my claim because the valve cover seal is connected to the door. They told me that their list says they cover everything except for the door, and what they mean is that they cover everything except for the door and what is connected to the door. They will however cover the electronics that are connected to the door, but not the part I wanted, even though the agreement said their list said they would. When shopping for home warranties, it's important to know up front what is and isn't covered so you know if the price justifies the risk. Choice makes a lot of promises to get you as a customer, and makes a lot of excuses once you've signed the contract.

October 30th, 2017 Parkton, NC DETAILS

Terrible experiences. The first time or two we had reputable service companies provide the service and it seemed ok. But the last couple of times service techs arrived in personal vehicles, how professional is that? and the the claim was rejected for exclusions. My fault, should have read closer. For new customers read what is excluded not what is covered. The fine print will get you every time. Some of their justifications to deny claims can not be found in exclusions.

October 29th, 2017 La Vergne, TN DETAILS

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!! I was completely robbed by this company and paid over 800 for 13 months of service. I paid 1750 for 5 years (around 30 a month) to get a better deal, plus they thru in an extra year which would be 6 in total. Put in a claim for my A/C in mid august. Tech came out and fixed. However it didn't last. Called Choice back and they sent him back and advised to put in new claim. Tech stated that I need a new unit completely because my unit was 20 years old. Choice gives tech a questionnaire to fill out. In that questionnaire it asks if there is any rust on unit. Nowhere is there a choice for no rust, so the tech put little rust in that section. They used that as a reason to deny claim. I fought it, and they asked for pics. This is a 20yr unit so there will at least some rust. They saw it in the picture and "profiled" me and stated that that was the cause even when the tech told me specifically that that wasn't the problem. I continued to fight it along with the tech that came out. They agreed TO HIM that they would replace the evaporator and he was just waiting for the authorization. I then called to see what the hold up was and they told me that it was denied again based, once again, on the pictures. They never sent, nor will they ever, a second opinion just to verify the pics even though the original tech was telling them that rust had nothing to do with it. Even if rust causes problems similar to this, this was not the case for me..... again, I had the tech the sent me on my side and fighting for me on this..... I cancelled my contract with them. They price gouged me and charged me non sale going rate at 44 per month as part of my refund for the remainder of the term,(remember, I bought it at 30) plus a 50 dollar admin fee. On top of that, they took back 200 from my original claim in August (which I was covered for) because they paid it out to the service tech. So, I paid 1750 and got back 950, paying 800 for 13 months of nothing..... They will find any loophole possible to deny your claim.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next stop, BBU, Angies List, Local news and an official complaint with the federal government!!!!!!! These statements are entirely true and protected under the 1st amendment. You're experience may vary but BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 27th, 2017 Midlothian, VA DETAILS

good customer service and very knowledgeable of the business. They answered all my questions.

October 27th, 2017 Nashua, NH DETAILS

A bit pushy in the sales department - too much pressure

October 27th, 2017 Roseburg, OR DETAILS

The rates and customer service has been very good, yet can not rate higher til I actually see the service when/if I ever need to use them.

October 27th, 2017 Burleson, TX

So far, my experience is with Damont, the sales rep for Choice Home Warranty. He's on fire for his company - lots of pep and energy - knows the excellent stats his company has accumulated and where to send "new" clients to get more information on "his company". I applaud his enthusiasm! He gave us a "bird's eye view" of what was covered by the plan and then went on to explain the different types of programs plus how to pay for the program, discounts, the veteran program, which I qualify for - retired Navy. All in all, he did an excellent job.

October 24th, 2017 Harker Heights, TX DETAILS

They''re horrible, they never pay a claim over $400.00 and are contracted with shady technicians.

October 24th, 2017 Lake Jackson, TX DETAILS

have come back to fix repairs they had done previously

October 24th, 2017 Mays Landing, NJ DETAILS

We have had a broken fridge for over six months. Six times a tech was sent out. This is a $2000 fridge that has now been deemed unrepairable. They are supposed to replace the fridge for a like model. They offered us $400???? That covers NOTHING. This is a complete SCAM.

October 24th, 2017 Macon, GA DETAILS

Whenever I call for a new claim is mostly not covered.

October 24th, 2017 Northbrook, IL' DETAILS

Always has positive outcomes when you send someone out.

October 24th, 2017 Boyds, MD

It was really very easy to work with Jeff. Jeff made it really simple to do the selection of warranty plans. I would surely recommend Choice Warranty and Jeff any day. Thanks Jeff for all you help.

October 23rd, 2017 Pflugerville, TX

found in a google search, was promptly sent an email and a follow up call regarding my interest. Was then called 7 times on the first day and when advised that I was not ready to sign up, was hung up on by every single rep. After advising that I was not interested to remove from the call list, i was continually called for a week straight multiple times a day from different representatives who again would hang up upon hearing i was not interested. Due to the continued experience, I think its safe to say this is either how you all train your employees or speed is an incentive for them. Either way, if that is how you guys treat someone who is undecided on being a customer, I definitely don't want to experience how you treat someone once they are paying you.

October 23rd, 2017 Plano, TX

Called me way too often and were pushy so I chose another company. Even hung up on me once when I challenged their claim of being the best when I saw another rating saying they're not.

October 19th, 2017

This is the most dishonest company in the business. My friends have a different company but I chose this one to save a few dollars. I have been a customer for a little over two years and attempted to make a couple claims. Each time CHW has contracted sub-par repair services who did not show for several days. Each time I had to pay another service to come fix their mistakes. Truly costing me more to have them. I have concluded that I am better just paying out of pocket instead of paying a CHW service fee and then another to fix their shoddy contractors. Also if the technician finds rust on any part, they have a catch all line in their contract to deny claims. Make sure you read the fine print. Finally, the max they will pay for any one item is $1500 but its not like they ever approve a claim in the first place!

October 18th, 2017 Knoxville, TN

BUYER BEWARE!! GO ONLINE TO SEE PREVIOUS LAWSUITS AND CLAIMS AGAINST THIS COMPANY. Despite having been a customer of this company for several years, they denied my recent claim for an HVAC compressor failure, asserting it wasn't because of "normal wear and tear", despite the fact that the unit in question was about 13 years old. I have had my system serviced twice annually, so it was well maintained. They asserted that the reason for the failure NEVER occurs from normal wear and tear. I have found at least 4 different expert sources that say such failures DO INDEED occur for that reason. They refused to answer when I asked what percentage of HVAC compressor claims they honored historically.

October 16th, 2017 McKinney, TX

give every excuse to get out of paying for repairs

October 16th, 2017 Sugar Grove, NC

Some coverage issues. Much better than the last warranty from AHW that I had.

October 16th, 2017 Dallas, TX'

Responce time was same day. Work was well done

October 16th, 2017 Batavia, OH

I am always satisfied with the service I receive.

October 16th, 2017 Mesa, AZ

referred tow new clients had two toilets fixed plumber saw crack in one once he left new claim paid $45 for new olumber to come twll me it is not covered why not tell me on the phone

October 16th, 2017 Savannah, GA

Service providers tell my CHW owes them money and they won't service my home.

October 16th, 2017 San Antonio, TX'

Respond to an issue very quickly providing a good svc. rep.

October 16th, 2017 Tucson, AZ'

Good company ... but some of their contractors could be better !!!

October 16th, 2017 Pottsboro, TX

They did not cover our heating/air conditioning system as stated. Did not listen to the service technician that actually evaluated and replaced our systems. Hard to get local technicians to take CHW claims. Technicians state that they do not cover their claims as well as the other providers. The last technicians came from over 60 miles away, and they took over four trips because of poor communication and part supplies.

October 16th, 2017 Harrisburg, PA

After years under contract I reported my water heater failed and CHW said that a leaking tank doesn't qualify for replacement. I had paid my contract thru and including 2020. I in turn canceled my contract and requested a refund for the years that were prepaid. Told absolutely NO !!!!

October 16th, 2017 Charles Town, WV

Total rip off should be 0 stars. No help what so ever. Scam.

October 16th, 2017 Closter, NJ

Many common problems are not covered and there are often hidden fees (because some damages are only partially coverred)