Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

LAST UPDATED: January 24th, 2022

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repairs and replacements of major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to offer excellent service technicians, fast and simple solutions for its customers, and value for homeowners' money by reducing out-of-pocket expenses.

The home warranty service provider appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive Choice Home Warranty reviews below. The company's average star rating is also competitive for the industry.

Read Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and is one of America's fastest-growing companies, headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Choice Home Warranty Cost
  • First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Agent Packages
  • Transferable Service Contract
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

Positive Reviews

A majority of Choice Home Warranty reviews on BestCompany.com are positive. Praise in these reviews includes quick responses and fast repair services, good communication, reasonable pricing, and easy claims process.

Reviewers also rate companies when they leave reviews. The Choice Home Warranty rating on BestCompany.com is competitive with the average score for the home warranty industry.

With these responses from Choice Home Warranty customers, it's easy to see that the company is a trusted warranty provider.

Choice Home Warranty Cost

Choice Home Warranty has an affordable policy that starts at $495 per year or $43.75 per month. The monthly cost is more expensive because Choice Home Warranty charges a $30 surcharge if you opt for a monthly payment rather than a single annual payment.

Choice Home Warranty's average service fee is competitively priced at $60.

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment and one-year warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow homeowners to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote on a home warranty plan.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top-notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The home warranty company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers peace of mind and the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Unlike some home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a contract, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for warranty plans. This feature also allows customers to save money at the beginning by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently.

In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when the warranty service will be completed.

Real Estate Agent Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of coverage options specifically geared towards real estate agents. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind.

Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of home warranty service has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Service Contract

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty provider showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will start new coverage as soon as the old warranty contract policy ends.

Any warranty contract can be renewed each year and is 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. The service provider has sections on its website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically.

The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage plan options: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan.

The Basic Warranty Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a built-in dishwasher.

The Total Warranty Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as more major appliances and systems, such as an air conditioner and a refrigerator.

The complete list of the offered warranty policies and items covered by each Choice Home Warranty plan, as well as optional coverage add-ons, are as follows:

Basic Plan: $495 per Year or $43.75 per Month

• Heating system
  • Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
  • Plumbing system

• Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fan and exhaust fan
  • Plumbing system

• Additional spa: $180
  • Central vacuum: $40
  • Well pump: $100

See if you qualify

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Warranty Claim Denial Cases

Negative Reviews

While a majority of Choice Home Warranty reviews on BestCompany.com are positive, a significant number are 1 star. Complaints include claims denial, trouble getting repairs completed, and delays with claims process and reimbursements.

Warranty Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be disappointed on home warranty coverage for such items in the future. Covered Choice Warranty claims do not include damage resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances.

However, similar to most warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty's packages will cover the repair or replacement of appliances affected by normal wear and tear. Customers should carefully read the fine print and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. Its warranty policy and service fee are competitively priced compared to other top-rated home warranty companies.

Choice Home Warranty offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage. You can increase the protection offered by your plan with the company's additional coverage options.

Choice Home Warranty clients also benefit from its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and to answer questions.

It is easy to see why the company has received largely positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of any unexpected repair or replacement of major appliances and systems.

With affordable monthly prices and a cheaper trade service fee than most, Choice Home Warranty is definitely a solid choice for your home warranty needs.

In addition to our Choice Home Warranty review, check out customer reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current customer reviews note that warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner, technician service is exceptional, warranty policies are listed at affordable prices, and the customer service department is helpful and courteous.

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jimmie

They've always been right there for us any time we have had to use them. They're very friendly and they're just very very professional. I used it recently on my air conditioner. My experience with the guy they sent out was awesome. He addressed the problem immediately, no questions asked. He took care of the problem with no issues. Every time they have sent someone out, they've just been very professional and have addressed the problem immediately.

bookmark

Featured Review

James

They are knoweldgeable, friendly, and professional. The repair person came out and he was outfitted with his mask because of the virus and he came in and inspected the appliance and told me what was wrong and what needed to be done. Then he had the parts and he repaired it and was on his way. They are very responsive and prompt.

Vince Wiggins USA

Customer Review Video

18 minutes ago

Michael & Debra Huddleston, VA

They were very prompt we had the problem and they had contacted someonet o come out and he came out within two days and everything just went very well. We have the the maximum policy and they handle things very well, I'm pleased with them. I think the cost is is reasonable and will continue. We signed up for five years with them and I'm just I'm just very happy with them so far and I would recommend other people. They were very timely and how they handled so I was appreciative of them. They are very good concerning what we we needed done. They've always been very easy to get a hold of and helpful.

Dolores Cincinnati, OH

I would recommend them, they have been true to their word true to their promises. Everything was done quickly and proficiently. The people were very professional. My garage door wouldn't go up and down consistently, it would sometimes stop in midstream and I have to push it again and I called and quickly someone came out and they fixed it and told me that if it wasn't working again properly within the next thirty days that they would come out again. I did have to call him, in fact I just called yesterday and I haven't heard back from them as of yet which I'm a little concerned about. I haven't had many claims at all but whatever I had they took care of very promptly and efficiently and I was very satisfied with the results.

Tanya Henderson, NV

When I needed help with concerns or whatever they answered all those questions, were very friendly and even gave me better rate than what was quoted on the website. They can work get done and the y are eputable, very nice how they come out and they keep you up to date on whatever you need. Our dryer stopped working, it was making a loud tumbling sound and I went on the website to submit a claim, got an appointment within twenty four hours and the people came out like within seventy two hours to diagnose the problem. It was very easy process. I'm very pleased with the service. It's really well worth it. I would recommend this little friend or family member for sure.

Carolyn Wilmington, DE

I really haven't have had a great experience overall. I was a little disappointed last year when my deductible was forty five dollars for a call and then all of a sudden it was changed to seventy five dollars and I didn't know. But when I called they changed it back so that was a great experience, but then this year went up again so I just felt like that was a really big jump. In general I have had nothing but great service. I would recommend them if someone is looking for a great warranty. I had a problem with my washing machine, I had a problem with my garage door opener, a problem with the toilet and all of those things were fixed. There was one thing that wasn't covered but overall they've been great over the last few years that I've had them.

Cheri & Roberto Garland, TX

They chose people to come that knew exactly what to do, exactly when to do it and I didn't have to wait around a whole long time or anything so I you know I appreciate Choice in this matter. We had a clogged sink that also backed into our kitchen sink and when I called about it the guy was prompt coming in and he fixed the kitchen sink right away and it very pleasant. I didn't have to lose any work time for it or anything. Their customer support is great. I have had to make a few claims and I have not had any problems. The people they sent out are professionals and get into us right away. I've had only good experiences with it.

Norman Dade City, FL

They've been very good anytime. I've had a couple of calls that I had to make and they got it taken care of. Any problems we have had have been more in the people who did the service for Choice that we're having some difficulties but not Choice, Choice Home. We're in the middle of the service arrangement now where something happened with our the light in our oven but when the man came to track it he found that there's a immediate replace of the control panel in the back of the stove and you know everything's been taken care of, first class as far as I can see. Tthey've been expedient and they sent good people. I think it was a good price that I paid and I'm getting good service.

Felecia Waldorf, MD

At the time they had the best deal. I've had other home warranties and Choice is by far the best one I've had and I've had them the longest. There are no issues with them. They come in a timely manner and follow up. I don't have to wait in a long line online. They gave me all the information I needed. I have a recurring problem with my furnace and they sent out the best person and it has been working fine since then.

Barbara Syracuse, NY

My sister recommended them to me. I used it for my ice maker. The repairman came and fixed it. He had to ordered the wrong part so it took a couple of days but he was knowledgeable and friendly. The only negative is they scheduled me for when I wasn't going to be here so I had to call and reschedule. They automatically schedule instead of us being able to pick a convenient time.

Emanuel Alston Flowood, MS

Fast service and good follow up. Home Warranty is a good choice for the money you pay up front. Sixty five dollars for professionals to come out to your house and diagnose what the problem is. Then the professional share the problem with Home Warranty. They coordinate if items are covered or not. Then let's the owner know how much you have to pay and what will be fixed or replaced.

David Redmond, OR

When my furnace started acting up and was not keeping the house temperature the way it should be and so I called to have the furnace looked at. They came out quickly and diagnosed the problem and worked as quick as they could in getting it resolved and the only delays were the two parts that they had to wait on. The contractor that came out was very good to work with and I appreciated him. Quick response.

Meredith Saint Louis, MO

Everytime I've needed to get in touch or get information or feedback it's been fairly easy. I had such a good experience. I used it this morning and it took actually a little longer than I had expected but I did get communication that told me that I could take a refund and find my own technician but I waited it out one more day and the technician was prompt and responsive and took care of the problem and was easy to work with.

Jenny Fairfax, VA

I just used it last week because my garage opener wouldn't work and it was quite an easy process, which I was very happy about. It is fairly simple and quick and everything was as I expected. It was pretty easy to log my ticket in and I got the support right away but it's a small ticket so I don't have experience of big ticket yet but right now I'm satisfied.

Carmen Waco, TX

There was only one time with my air conditioner and we had all the company here on Christmas day because it was so warm here in Texas. The gentleman that came out he showed my husband how to wash out the outside unit so that it would not do that again. Just that the whole process calling for service was very easy the website easy to use and everyone was nice and very professional and we had a good experience.

Andrea Houston, TX

It's a really good warranty. One of my toilets was broken it took about three to four days for somebody to get here but once they got here they fixed it within about an hour and it's it's working great. Most of the time I would say that It's a bit difficult when I'm trying to get you know somebody to come out here and sometimes it's a little difficult to get somebody get the point making appointments through the customer service line.

Danelle San Marcos, TX

They're very good company and I'm really happy I have them. Every time I've had a problem they acted immediately and they were able to send me somebody to repair anything that was damaged. I had a problem with my plumbing, they fixed that. I had problems with my refrigerator, they fixed that. It's been multiple times that I've used them and they were just wonderful. They are a really good company and they are always the very compliant, they do exactly what they say they're going to do. I'm gonna probably use it again the coming year.

Anonymous Fishkill, NY

We had an issue just last week with our furnace and I called late in the afternoon and there was someone here by ten o'clock the next morning. The person that they sent was extremely professional he came prepared with a mask and he knew exactly what the problem was and he took care of it immediately, he was very polite, he was actually neatly dressed, and he fixed It. Other than that there were a few people that came that we're not great but on the whole different.

Robert Las Vegas, NV

They were quick, No problems, they fixed the thing in there and I haven't had a problem with any of the contractors yet. I've had three or four calls starting with my pool and if they needed a part the parts came fast, the people came faster. I'm really happy, I used to have American home shield but I got rid of them because there was problems. I'm happy so far. I had a pool pump fail and they replaced it with a rebuilt works fine now. I paid sixty five dollars, that's all they charge me and it would have cost me a hundred to have the poor guy do it.

Danny Slidell, LA

So far they've been a good company to have when you have things that break. So far everything just fine. There's only one time that there was an issue. Recently I had kitchen faucet changed and my dryer went out and they changed they fixed it and that was just this year. Last month and before that I had a hot water heater that went out and they replaced it with a new one. I had some AC worked also by a year or two years ago they also fixed that.

Kendra Las Vegas, NV

I'm actually new to the company but I have not had any problems and placing the order is very easy and simple and they get back to me in a reasonable amount of time. They get back to me promptly and get someone out to fix my appliance. They sent quality people to come out and fix my issues. Today my sink is leaking and a plumber will be coming out to fix it.

Joanne Brothers Washington, DC

I did an online claim and I didn't I didn't realize I needed to add both on my toilet and when I went back to cancel and then resubmit I talked to someone at customer service and it was great and they still came out within the original time frame. As a first time user it was just good service, honestly, because I'm not one to change a lot. Customer service was excellent.

Kathie Elk Grove Village, IL

It's pretty quick, someone responds quickly and I get my issue resolved within a day.

Shirley Cincinnati, OH

I really haven't had any problems. All my concerns have been addressed. Just a couple weeks ago I needed plumbing, so I called them and they got me in touch with a plumber and he came out and was very courteous and he took care of everything. He told me he looked at it and told me what needed to be done and I told him okay and he went on it and it didn't take too long but he solved my problem. This is really simple.

Joseph And Wendy West Orange, NJ

I keep renewing my membership. From our perspective we've been very pleased with everything that's been going on with choice. Every once in a while one of the service companies does not show up on time, however the majority of the time we spend very happy. They left me a message with the service that was coming, I contacted them and they were here in a timely manner, everything was handled extremely professionally. I think as far as customer support goes that they are very efficient very organized and someone always gets back to me in a reliable manner.

Elaine And Ken Kennesaw, GA

They accepted the information and sent out the appropriate technician to fix the problem. Our garbage disposal quit working, we called to ask for a technician to be sent out. They sent a technician out he came and fixed the problem, we paid the 60 dollars and it works perfectly now and we're very pleased. The negative is that we had to pay over two thousand dollars to have our air conditioning fixed.

Jesse League City, TX

They've always been really easy to work with. We made a claim I believe it was on a Friday and by the next week we had a technician out here. They found out that it needed to be replaced so they got the parts and the following Thursday they were here to install it and had it up and running that was within a week of filing the claim. The people that they use are quick and have been very professional and always they have also followed up after we had issues to make sure that it was heating and everything was working fine

Monna Chicago, IL

I appreciate the quick response to claims. It has been very quick and the work has been very good. The heating element in my oven detached. I called and a technician came out within a day. It did take extra time because I needed a part ordered but it was fixed in a week.

J L Fort Myers, FL

Sometimes I have a hard time getting a hold of someone in customer service. That is the only negative thing I have to say. I recommend them still. They are busy doing things for my house. They helped us with our air conditioning. The price is good.

Donna E. Sun City Center, FL

I only used it for one time and so far they met up to what I needed from them. I had an air conditioning problem they got a technician the technician arrives on time, they diagnosed the problem they ordered the part they got the part they resolved the problem and they did it in a timely fashion.

Anonymous Normal, IL

Had a problem with my oven thermostat and with the microwave lighting system and so this technician came out and the took a look at it and then I had ordered some parts and so I'm waiting for him to show up again to fix the job. It's always come through for me. Everybody I talked to was very pleasant.

Shiva Marietta, GA

I expected the best and they delivered it. They're very responsive and very timely and they go straight to the point and try to address the problem. I had to get my electric switches replaced and they immediately sent a person and he was knowledgeable enough to make the changes and put a very minimal co-pays.

Lehrman Arnold, MD

I was very comfortable with them. They were very cordial, reasonably priced and good good service. I just recently used it for some electrical issues and they were timely and they fixed the problem. Very good customer service, very knowledgeable in terms of the work is being done.

Alisa Joshua, TX

They offered me a good service, normally if I file a claim they always come through with fast and speedy authorizations or service. They stand behind their product. I needed to have my septic system service and also my septic tank pumped out and they authorized the partial portion of the payment.

Michelle Baltimore, MD

I'm glad I did choose them. I haven't had a problem with them once they've sent us on that one customer service website. My refrigerator went out so I called choice out and they sent a tech to came out and assess the problem, they say the are no problems that they can't fix, so they went on and they fixed my refrigerator.

Anonymous Lithonia, GA

They responded to me quickly. It was easy it was easy to submit the claim online it was easy to get the response back by email and just the overall turn around with it and at that time and the company was very professional. Recently my heater went out and they came and they cleaned the ignition switch and the heat has been going every time since.

Tim Littleton, CO

They tried to fix the problem the best they could. If the appliance couldn't be fix and they give you money to purchase another one, but it is only a third of the cost to replace it so you had to put two thirds more money to replace the item and I was under the impression that if they couldn't fix it they would replace and it didn't work out that way.

Lisa Flinton, PA

On December 10, we used our warranty because the furnace wasn't heating and we had a man come out the day after and the problem was solved. They do a great job. They were easy to talk to and gave us a really good deal.

Annie And Sonny Saint Augustine, FL

After we bought the policy we found out there were a lot addendums that were not covered which was really frustrating. We have a lot of issues with our house and we thought these things would be covered but they are not. When the plumber came to evaluate an issue with a leaky faucet, our claim was denied. We have to go through extraordinary means to get approved. It is not easy like it was made out to be. I am not pleased I have to dispute every claim. They only help after we threaten to pull our contract. We really don't know what is covered. I feel like I got the wool pulled over my eyes. I got ripped off. Go with another company.

Choice Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home. Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Jan. 20th, 2022

Bhim DAHAL Fredericksburg, VA

Great company with fantastic employees. Competitive price, great coverage. I have had two claims recently and company 100% as they promised. Knowledgeable employees, outstanding customer service.

Linda Baldwin Sun City West, AZ

Our kitchen faucet disconnected itself from the water supply line under the kitchen sink. We called Choice and they set up an appointment for two days later. My husband fixed it as best he could in the meantime. The plumber called and rescheduled for an earlier time. That was fine. He came and looked at the situation and said we needed a new faucet, but had to get approval from Choice to replace it. Then my husband was informed by telephone that it was going to cost us an extra $25.00 to replace the faucet with the same finish (brushed chrome) that we currently had. He agreed to pay that. When the plumber arrived, he installed the new faucet and told me the extra cost was $68.00. I paid it, but I looked up the cost of the faucet at Home Depot and found it costs $68.00. Also, in looking at our credit card statement it appears we paid $67.00 to the same plumbing company as a service call fee. Per our policy with Choice, that fee is supposed to be $65.00, not $67.00. So we paid for the entire cost of the faucet, plus a $67.00 service call. The faucet looks and works okay, but the flow of water is uneven and "splashes" the bottom of the sink. I think the aerator isn't working properly. All in all I found this experience unsatisfactory. I will not be renewing our Choice policy. Will go back to First American Home Warranty.

Choice Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are still having issue with your system. You may contact the technician directly to schedule the best available appointment.

Jan. 20th, 2022

P Heideman Buffalo, MN

I was pleased with everything BUT I am still waiting for him to return and replace the insulation door strips which is imperative for the air seal!!!! I suspect I will have to reach out to the service company myself????? Concerned about the follow through to complete the job!!!!!

Larry Brent jr Chicago, IL

I'm a new customer and property owner and Choice Home Warranty was very timely in their response to my issue and recommended sufficient tradesmen to address the issue. Again I am a new client and have only filed two claims thus far.

Mariam Khan Charlotte, NC

I had a great experience with Choice warranty when in the peak of winter my hot water heater broke on me, awe! I was lucky to had Choice on my side, which replaced it with a new one in matter of days. Thank you Choice.

Bobby & Shawna Fort Worth, TX

Dishwasher went out I called, within a day or so they had a technician to come out and it was fixed within fifteen minutes. It was prompt. When I called they answered immediately. The price is very budget friendly

Paul Avon, OH

I had a dishwasher break and after going through several different repair companies It's finally been replaced. I had several good experiences and maybe a couple that were a little more difficult. I've been a little disappointed on the total amount of coverage.

Donald Orange Park, FL

I needed some repair on my oven and it was done within two days and it was done with my satisfaction. Very positive. They're always dependable, they're always available to give advice, voicemail or electronics email whatever.

Dewayne Delray Beach, FL

They've been very helpful and courteous and that means a lot. I needed to use my warranty on my refrigerator ice maker and the guy called come out, the guy come out check it out and fixed the refrigerator icemaker which was very nice. The quality was very nice, very good.

Mariano M & Mary H Phoenix, AZ

They're doing a good job, I'm happy with them. Very positive. They were pretty good. I was really impress and satisfied with them. Pretty quick to answer my questions and get the repair guy out here.