Choice Home Warranty verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

7.2

Call Now

Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to always offer its customers fast and simple solutions, excellent service technicians, and value for their money. Choice Home Warranty appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive user reviews below. Choice Home Warranty is one of America's fastest-growing companies.

The Good

• First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Packages
  • Transferable Contracts
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment home warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow consumers to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is immediately sent directly to them.

No Home Inspection Required

Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain home warranty plans, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for service. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently. In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately give the customer an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when services will be completed.

Real Estate Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate professionals. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind. Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands that the addition of a home warranty has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Contracts

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty carrier showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will be able to start new coverage as soon as the old policy expires. Contracts can be renewed each year and are 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the in's and out's of the company and what they have to offer. They have sections in their website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically. The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers a lot of common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry, such as American Home Shield. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a dishwasher built-in. The Total Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as an air conditioning system and a refrigerator. The complete list of items covered by each package are as follows:

Basic Plan

• Air conditioning system
  • Refrigerator
  • Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer

The following items are eligible for option coverage and can be added to either of the above packages:

• Pool/spa
  • Septic tank pumping

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be dissapointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. CHW does not cover claims resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances. Customers should make sure to carefully read the Choice Home Warranty coverage options and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Although the company hasn't been in business as long as some other top home warranty companies, such as American Home Shield, Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. This warranty company offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and answer questions. It is easy to see why the company has largely recieved positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of unexpected repairs or replacement of home appliances and systems.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

Darrell Spann

February 16th, 2018 Denton, TX

Britney was helpful in explaining everything.

Edmund A Toms

February 15th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I Had them for two years not one claim approved!!! rejected, rejected, rejected !!! to bad I have to give one star!!!!!

L. W. Payton

February 15th, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

Joined Choice and needed their service on my hot water heater yesterday(2/13/18) because I no longer had hot water. They sent a plumbing company and I paid the $60 service fee. The plumber said I needed a new unit due to normal wear and tear. Well Choice denied the claim saying they only covered the mechanical part and the cause of my not having hot water wasnt mechanical, but because of the tank and they didnt cover it. I didnt know the tank enables the water to get hot. They also got very nasty with me when I questioned their logic. Its like I go to the doctor for an organ failure but he wont treat me because the organ is behind by my rib cage and my insurance doesnt cover accessing it because of its location. So I feel Choice takes your money knowing they will find a way to deny your claim. Just a BIG RIPOFF. I immediately cancelled . Again very rude on the phone. My advice avoid CHOICE!!!!!

Mary Georgio

February 14th, 2018 Medina, OH DETAILS

DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY with Choice!!! They deny everything they can and if you don't fight every decision they make, you will lose every time. They have denied three different claims on my air conditioning units, a hot water tank, a roof leak, a basement leak, and when they do try to give you a payout, they low ball you. That's another fight you have to be willing to make, making them jusify such a small payout. Try cancelling the policy and they will give you next to nothing as a refund. Just a HORRIBLE feeling every time I have to call them, makes me sick to my stomach knowing it's going to be an argument.

Bonnie C Osgood

February 14th, 2018 Olean, NY

He was very helpful and explained everything very clearly and when I called customer service she was very helpful and corrected my address

B. Cohen

February 14th, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!! My Wife and I purchased a 10 year old home so we thought we could get some piece of mind by buying an extra home warrantee to cover some miscellaneous things if they failed. I have filed three separate claims with them over the past 3 years and they have not covered one yet! I have had to pay out of pocket all three times. Understand they have limitations to what they can do but my biggest fear was my central AC unit might have issues....it did and it required a full replacement. Choice denied the claim because they called it secondary damage due to a component of the system leaking, causing water corrosion. My hot water heater failed and they said they only cove the "parts of the heater" not the "Vessel" that hold the water. Finally my refrigerator started making a loud noise, they sent someone out who said he could not find the problem so they would not cover it. ZERO for three!!!!!!!!!! I will not renew this contract and I wasted an entire year paying for it. ****GARBAGE !!!!!!! STAY AWAY****

Alberto Calderon

February 13th, 2018 Pipe Creek, TX

I reached out info on choice home warranty, and I was hung up when U request information on certain areas as such pumping of septic. I hope that I do get treated as such as customer. My reason for leaving AHS.

clarence mahaffey

February 13th, 2018 Ooltewah, TN DETAILS

The customer service is great at explaining all the details of my warranty.

Jane Barrett

February 13th, 2018 Medford, NJ DETAILS

This was our first request, urgent, no water, and now almost 24 hours later there has been no technician identified. I was unhappy with the previous warranty company and Choice looked good but my first experience is bad UGH!!! So this review is based just on this first experience, hopefully things will improve.

Lawrence Rogers

February 13th, 2018 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS

I chose CHW after speaking with a great salesman. I had Service America who always did a good job but they raised their copay to $60. I went thru in detail on all coverages. On Jan 31st I called in a claim for an electrical outlet located near the porch door. I never heard back, today i called and they said it was DENIED because it is not located inside of the house. I said well why do they cover my Washer & Dryer which is in the shed on my carport. THEY SAID THE W/D WOULD NOT BE COVERED EITHER! I paid $1,200.00 upfront.. I said since they will not cover my $2,600 Washer & Dryer I want to cancel. They said fine, my refund would be $500.. which included a large cancellation fee, administrative fees and $250 in needed to reimburse them for my only other call to fix a circuit breaker issue, at which time I also paid a copay.. I WILL BE CANCELLING AND FILING A BBB COMPLAINT FOR MISREPRESENTATION. NEVER PAY MORE THAN A FEW MONTHS IN ADVANCE SO YOU DON'T GET SCREWED LIKE I DID. L. Rogers Boynton Beach, Fl

Marcus Anderson

February 13th, 2018 Stone Mountain, GA

The agent was well knowledged, and went out his way to give the lowest price available.

Kirk Sullivan

February 12th, 2018 Rochester, NY

Customer service was good and informing got me to sign up , so we will see how it goes

Alexis Comodore

February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

After careful review of the policy I decided to cancel . There are too many exclusions. I am still waiting for the total refund I was promised

Ann

February 12th, 2018 Gardner, KS DETAILS

It is the worst co. I have EVER dealt with. They dont cover 3/4 of what they say hey do or find a reason NOT to cover it. Rude customer service. I put up with this several years because they always said let us make it better. Well they never did .

paul

February 12th, 2018 South West City, MO DETAILS

too many exclusions and mandatory arbitration in NJ

Gwen Clay

February 11th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I purchased a WARRANTY from CHW , I initially chose them because I saw they stated they had a 5 star rating and seemed to have a low deductible. Even referred to a friend that also purchased a WARRANTY. My A.C unit went out and they denied the claim because they said I didnt have the plan long enough. Then several months later my stove went out they sent a tech out I paid the $ 60.00 was told parts were not available to fix it. And they weren't going to replace it but would pay $ 250.00 And said they would not send it until after 30 days. It's been almost 3 months. I still haven't recieved payment yet. I keep calling and they give me a different excuse each time and tell me the check will be sent that day , Then Everytime I call I get the run around. This company is a scam . DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Currently seeking legal consel, Companies like this need to be investigated and reported to Consumer Trade commission and BBB and Insurance commission . This can not continue. I feel that the way they are doing bussiness is unethical and fraudulent. I would not recommend them to anyone.. Buyer Beware....

Steve Helmich

February 11th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

I called you a had a 5 minute wait talk to lady gave her the information she ask for and she gave me a comfermation number for me to give the repair Company

Kelly Macaluso

February 10th, 2018 Fort Mill, SC

As a Home Inspector, we have had 2 clients in the past 6 months that have filed claims with CHW and had them denied. In both cases, these homeowners had a comprehensive Home Inspection, where these items were found to have no significant defects and operated properly. Last month, a family that closed on their house 4 months ago called to say their heat system started making a funny noise. They had called CHW, who sent an HVAC tech out and told them the 18 year old gas pack was shot and would need total replacement ($6k). CHW denied their claim. We sent a licensed HVAC contractor out who confirmed there was a hole in the heat exchanger, which could be replaced for $1100. At our recommendation, our clients let CHW know this new information. They said the claim is still denied and the decision is non-negotiable. To me, this is criminal. This company took $$ from these families to cover defects that occur with covered systems. The unit was inspected, and operated properly for 4 months. When it went out -- CLAIM DENIED. I recommend you find a warranty company that does what they are paid to do. SHAME ON YOU CHOICE!! PS. I see CHW has a 3 star review, but if you look at the 5 star reviews, they are almost all people who comment on how easy it was to sign up. :-( smh

Barbara Ford

February 10th, 2018 Black Mountain, NC

The gentleman that I spoke with was informative, polite and helpful.

Tom Pohlman

February 9th, 2018 Roseburg, OR DETAILS

I rated this company at 1 because there is no zero. In 2 years I have had 3 dealings with them. 1st involved AC unit, and before it was over I ended up 500 plus out of pocket and they denied everything. Funny, they were more than happy to sell me their product, assuring me that I could rest easy. Today was my last go with them. I have a washer that quit working. It went to a repair compnay in the area that they have sent before and choice (poor choice) got into a disagreement with them over the trip fee. By the time they decide to send someone else 3 weeks has gone by. Then the deem the machine not repairable. So, for an 800 dollar machine, they offer up 375 for a replacement. A basic machine is 150 over that. When I spoke with manager PRECIOUS, she bumped it up to 400, and refused to budge, and tells me there is no other recourse. Sales, who schmoozes people to buy their product fails to get involved to resolve the issue. On top of that, they then let me know it will be 30 days to get the check to partially replace the washer. If you are considering doing business with these crooks, consider yourself warned. They are masters at bait and switch tactics, and all they are looking for is a way to weasel cash out of your wallet.

AARON

February 9th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS

These people are still out screw every customer and find a loop hole when none are present. I've paid more in service calls than they have paid in repairs. I would put my money in a piggy bank before renewing my contract with these people. They think by not paying for the replacement and offering to pay 1/2 when the contract stating it's their responsibility they are doing me a favor. I truly hate this company and told the supposed supervisor on the phone as much. I will be cancelling my contract immediately and posting horrible reviews on every site I can find.

Dennis Widman

February 9th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I have owned homes for 45 years and Choice Home Warranty is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They claim, "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it." Don't believe it for a second. They sent a technician to repair an air conditioner. The technician left the line open for 12 days while he was trying to get a part. The Technical Service Manual says don't leave the line open for more than 4 hours, otherwise the oil in the compressor will dry out and need to be replaced. Choice would not pay.

Brenda J McMichen

February 9th, 2018 Jackson, GA

Phil was professional, polite and helpful.

Jazmin

February 8th, 2018 Killeen, TX DETAILS

A bracket in my AC unit broke and started making noise, they would not cover it because it wasnt normal wear and tear, my unit is 17 years old and still operational what did they expect for it to last forever? For it to be as old as it is and still be functioning that should tell them i have been taking care of it. Also... insurance is for unexpected issues not normal wear and tear! Sorry American home Shield! I left you to save $20! I am coming back!!!!

Bob Young

February 8th, 2018 Ellicott City, MD DETAILS

At the beginning, I chose Choice Home Warranty for a peace of mind, also because their rate is the cheapest. Now I know there is a reason that their rate is “cheapest”, and I have made a big mistake. Two months after I ordered the plan, one day I found my refrigerator stopped cooling, and I called CHW for an inspection. Technician came and detected condenser fan blade and control board problem, charged service fee and said would come back to repair after one week. One week later, nobody called us, no any follow-up, we had to call the company to check status, after over one hour waiting and transferring, finally one manager answered the phone “oh, we were just trying to contact you, and your claim was denied”. When I asked the reason, he said “your refrigerator problem takes many days to develop, so we can’t pay anything for your claim”. So which appliance problem doesn’t take days to develop? This is the most unbelievable excuse I heard from a home warranty company. It seems to me that CHW only wants my money, but refuse to pay any claims. Now I understand why it’s cheaper than others, obviously they don’t pay anything. After my denial, I checked CHW reputation online. It’s a pity that I only started checking Choice Home Warranty review after they refused to pay any claim. On BBB, Choice Home Warranty has over 86% negative reviews! I should see that before ordering CHW plan. Also interestingly, the review rate went downward sharply in year 2018, I saw a lot of unhappy customers like me, a lot of 1-star ratings. I even saw comments that CHW refuses to pay any claim higher than $300, which was true according to my experience with CHW. I am writing this just to advice future new home owners, if you choose CHW, better pray yourself won’t have any repair beyond $300.

Seyed khan

February 8th, 2018 Allenwood, NJ

They got my email address and for months I'm getting multiple daily spam emails. Impossible to unsubscribe. Contacted BBB and local authority, but no results. Also wrote multiple times to [email protected] but the matter got worst; now I'm getting spam from other companies. It appears they sold my information to other companies.

Carol L. Myers

February 8th, 2018 Califon, NJ

The sales rep that I spoke with was extremely pushy - I wanted to sign up for just one year and he kept trying to convince me to sign up for a longer period of time. I was very close to canceling the warranty and hanging up.

suheyla kornegay

February 7th, 2018 San Angelo, TX

my phone conversation was very satisfactory, rec'd an e-mail and confirmation right away, waiting for my choice home warranty copy. thanks.

Sam meghani

February 7th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Bad service by warranty company and provider , compnay refuses to cover anything it says it would , just took my money , but won’t pay out a dime! “Jacuzzi covered” BUT MOTOR IS NOT COVERED, what is the point. water heater “covered” BUT AGAIN actual heater not covered! PLUMBER THEY SENT LOOKED AND JUST SAID “need a new one” HOWEVER my own plumber came , fixed it! In 30 minutes! BAD COMPANY IN COVERAGE AND IN SERVICE THEY SEND! NEVER SIGNING AGAIN! Beware before u sign up to be “NOT COVERED”

Crystal Jones

February 7th, 2018 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS

I recently just switch companies to Choice Home Warranty and I must say that the call back time was immediate. And I'm glad that they provide prompt service.

sharon stern

February 6th, 2018 Boca Raton, FL

Was good she put out the detach right away. Liked that I was able to call at 7:00. However near the end of call I had a question and I was disconnected. No return call

Ron

February 6th, 2018 Sparks, NV

These guys can't even take my name off of their email list. After unsubscribing several times, several calls to them asking to be removed and calling and taking up the call takers time asking appropriate questions and then telling them I was just wasting their time like they keep wasting mine, I am still on their list. Something this simple.... I would stay way from there idiots at all costs.

Barbara Smith

February 6th, 2018 Jonesboro, AR

It was easy to sign-up, but I really needed more information on the complete plan in writing. I'm taking a chance.

Robert C. Swanson Sr.

February 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I was told Choice Home Warranty covered things no matter the age if it broke down while under contract. I carefully read all materials in the packet and the when my A/C unit went out within the month you said it was not covered because there were too many things wrong with it, how will a person that just purchased a home know? I also asked this question of the salesman and he said its covered. Even sold me the Veterans Special for 1875.00 up from for 5 years and i paid it only to be denied when needed, Then I canceled and they did absolutely NOTHING for me but still kept more than $200.00 . that 's how you treat a VET!!!!!!!

Lucy Ortiz

February 5th, 2018 Evans, CO

Calledto start new sevice. Agent was very pleasant.

elaine

February 5th, 2018 Shelbyville, TN DETAILS

I still have NOT received a hard copy of my policy via the post office as requested

Elsie

February 5th, 2018 Lenexa, KS DETAILS

I've only signed up for the warranty beginning 3/1/18 so I have no experience with the service yet. So far, I am satisfied with the agent I spoke with; however, I was told I was going to receive the policy by mail and I have not yet received it. I have emailed the info line to advise of this and ask them to send it to me.

Mike C

February 5th, 2018 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS

Havent had to use the warranty, but the staff that work the phone lines are very helpful and knowledgeable. They got us a coverage plan figured out that night. Great company

Ron Masson

February 5th, 2018 Ulysses, KS DETAILS

I have only signed up I havent even used them yet but they seemed very honest and open and I felt the Holy Spirit showing me this was the right one .

Mary Tassinari

February 5th, 2018 Sebastian, FL DETAILS

Called for service, in one hour had appointment for repair. A company that stands behind their service.