AHW Home Warranty

6.5

AHW Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

AHW Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to AHW Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

AHW Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. AHW Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional AHW Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; AHW Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, AHW Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of AHW Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

AHW Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to AHW Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, AHW Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because AHW Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, AHW Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

AHW Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering AHW Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

Call our recommended rep over at AHW Home Warranty below.

3.7

David Las Vegas, NV

We have a few rental homes and I keep a policy on each one. I'm currently weaning them off of AHS and not impressed with Old Republic Home warranty either, but Amazon has really impressed me with the last three service calls. Very satisfied so far their contractors seem to be fast, competent, and fair!

Kyle Reynolds Austin, TX

The first experience with AHW was amazing! The technician knew my building and knew how to fix my ac! But, when my other ac started having the same issues I called AHW and asked them to get me the same technician if possible. Instead, I got a text from the assigned contractor saying he didn't do condos and to call you.

Andrew Sloan Marietta, GA

**AVOID AT AT ALL COST*** LESS THAN 1 STAR 1. Poor customer service, including no communication 2. Do everything in their power to refuse service and not cover repairs 3. Very expensive compared to other service companies 4. If you call to cancel your account, they will not- keep randomly billing you putting your account in arrears. When you call to work it out they just say well we never heard from you (or you never spoke to the cancellation department specifically) we'll waive the $30 fee but you owe a balance were sending to collections. SHould have read your contract.... **Buyer BEWARE INSTRUCTIONS TO CANCEL ARE IN THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT AND IF YOU DONT REMEMBER AND FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY CORRECT AND ASK FOR ALL THE RIGHT PEOPLE WHEN YOU CALL... YOU TOO WILL BE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY**

Tracey L Williams Stafford, VA

Responsiveness, technicians are very well trained. They arrive on time and effective. Amazon provides very good response time.

J.O. McNeil Red Oak, TX

Amazon Home Warranty charges a service fee for items that they do not even cover. At this time, I have a house with no AC for over a week now. The repairman and tenant have not been able to reach Amazon after hours. When the repairman finally was able to speak to someone from Amazon, he was instructed to have me pay in full for all repairs and submit a claim for reimbursement. I called Amazon during business hours to further discuss about the AC claim that was initiated. I was transferred to another line and put on hold indefinitely. When I was able to get through again, I asked to speak to management and was told that they have to fill out a form and someone would contact me at an established time. The return call never occurred. I will be contacting the BBB.

Vern Guyer Pleasant Grove, UT

Have had the service for a little over two years now. Would love to give them 5 stars, but the first couple of requests were not handled in a quick or efficient manner. Their customer service dept needed an overhaul. Things have gotten better now.

Myrtis Louise Todd Gilbert, AZ

I spoke with Scott P about getting warranty on the items in the house and he quoted all of the items that would be covered under this warranty, and that pleased me. I asked about the televisions in the house and he explained that they would not be covered, so I asked if maybe AHW would consider looking into adding them to the coverage. We will see. Very professional. Thank you.

Esmail Ashton, MD

They respond too late and their tech are useless, for example he comes in cannot diagnose the problem says the unit has to be change take the money and claim was denied. My own tech comes and fix the unit and finds the problem I asked the we know the problem come and fix it they say this is new claim this happen to me three times.

Raymonda Dagher Las Vegas, NV

Just ordered the 3 year combo plan, Phone representative Jeff S was professional and clear on all information I am pleased to finally have a professional company to collaborate and work with after 17 years of tremulous relationship with the other company AHS :( Looking forward to a long fruitful business partnership!

kgabe59 Humble, TX

All my questions were answered accurately. The home warranty specialist was very polite and professional, and not pushy in trying to get me to commit to getting the coverage. I was very pleased with the interaction I experienced that I referred my two sons.

MichaelHabin Nashville, TN

I had an excellent experience working with the agent Steve W. from Amazon home warranty. I had some very specific questions regarding my condo in Nashville Tennessee. After a deep dive he was able to confirm that the heat pump in my condo is covered. Quite a professional, very much an expert in how he reassured me and followed up with email communication of our discussion that my water source heat pump in my high rise condo was covered. I’ve had some terrible experiences with another warranty company that really are suspect on their integrity. It’s great to have found Amazon home warranty. They are not the least expensive but they are the most ethical and transparent. I strongly recommend them especially if you have a condominium.

JOSE MARTINEZ Colorado Springs, CO

Lot of headache to get things done, denied things without having all the facts. But after sort out they did what they needed. So I'm keeping them

Leonard Smith Kings Mountain, NC

They are not very good on keeping up to make sure a repair is being taken care of, leaving it up to the customer to follow up with the repair company.

Terry McClary Royal Oak, MI

Watch your credit card close with these people! I bought a year of service on 5/18/21 with 3 equal installments of $252.33, my card was charged. 2 days later I thought better & canceled. 2 days later money back on card. On 6/18/21, 6/19/21, & 7/18/21 my card continues to be charged for a service I canceled. When I call them about it I'm told that they don't show any charges and can do nothing about it.

Kaye L DeHart Fort Worth, TX

Dispatch does not listen to person who takes claim first. I asked for a specific tech - just 10 minutes away - I alerted him. Then get an e-mail from you that some tech one hour or more away has been assigned. Still no response for my request.

John Whitehead Mandeville, LA

NOT a trustworthy company. I submitted a claim for a dishwasher. A repair person was contacted and the problem was identified. I was informed by AHW that the dishwasher was not economical to repair and they offered an amount to "buy out" the dishwasher. Not enough to replace the dishwasher and certainly not enough to have it installed. I asked how they determined it was not repairable and they said the repair company told them that. I called the repair company and they assured me the dishwasher is repairable and that AHW had lied to me. They lied. That alone should prevent anyone from using this firm. I now have a dishwasher that doesn't work and not enough money to replace it.

A. Li Hockessin, DE

This company is a SCAM! Be careful giving your credit card info to their sales person on the phone. When I purchased the home warranty the sales person told me this card doesn't work and ask me to give him another card to use. I did. If you don't check you credit card transactions you would never find he charged twice by using two cards.! But I did find that out. So I called and questioned him. He said he will fix everything for you. But he did nothing after multiple calls. When I called the company and I realized that the company do things the same manner as the sales person does. They do nothing to correct their error but let the time pass. After multiple phone calls with no results I decided to call the company to cancel my contracts before I using any of their services(I bought for multiple properties). But later they don't admit you called for the cancelation. They don't send you any cancelation confirmations. They are holding up total over $2000 of my payments. Please STAY AWAY STAY AWAY from this company. They STEAL your money. The sales person Steven even said to me on the phone this company are going to cooperate with Amazon! What a trick!

Janelle M Pleasant Grove, UT

AHW provides a good servied for home warranties, but the service could be better. The website is great and easy to navigate, but calling in to speak about claim always requires a call back that is 24-72hours.

Bobbi Stevenson Las Vegas, NV

It seems every time I request any type of service most of the time they found a way to say it's not covered they don't fix that and you're on your own

Tyson Farmer Keller, TX

The claim process is easy and fast! No issues with receiving support with questions.

Barbara

I just signed up for Amazon Home Warranty so I have not yet had a problem with any appliance or covered item that had to be repaired or replaced but I have to say that the Represenative, Steve, that helped me decided to select Amazon Home Warranty over the other 2 that I so to speak interviewed was excellent at his job. He took an interest in what I had to say, answered all my questions, suggested a plan for us that best worked out for us and how we handled our finances. I ended up calling him back and as an anniversary gift for our daughter covered her house because I thought so much of the plan or could it h ave simply been Steve is a great salesperson?!!! Just kidding I enjoyed talking and sharing with Steve as I think he did was me. So yes I give 5 stars to Amazon Home Warranty at this time.

Michelle White Gilbert, AZ

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have been without A/C in Arizona for 10 days... they don't like the diagnosis from one technician they want to send another one to give me the answer they want to hear so they can refuse payment... You can never speak to anyone, only a customer service representative who has no answers and your on hold for longer than 20 mins. They are the worst company to deal with.. don't waste your money..

AY Perlstein Portland, OR

They ran after me to sign up, promised me the world and didn’t deliver at all. They don’t have contractors in my area, the ones they got in touch with were horrible. Some claims I made went unaddressed because they couldn’t find a technician. When I went to cancel they bullied me into staying with them for the year, promising me they’d cancel the contract at the end of the year. When the year was up, they continued to charge me and then were so nasty to me when I called to cancel and how dare I request a refund from the months they said they would not charge me for. AHW is an absolute waste of money and they are from my perspective thieves. They take more then they give and provide the worst customer service and for that manner at times no service for what you’re paying for. Glad I got out, glad I switched!!

Kathy Azarpour Las Vegas, NV

I purchased home warranty through this company in December 2020. This past week we had an issue with garbage disposal. When I called in the claim the call goes overseas, I was told everything gets handled inland. Then I am being drilled as to how many days ago this unit was working, which is irrelevant. I told the coordinator this unit is leaking, I am told need to wait 24 to 48 hours before dispatch will assign someone. Now the person assigned shows up at the wrong address. 4 days has gone since my correspondence with the company. NO ONE has come back to replace this disposal. I call the company on Saturday, come to find out they keep bankers hours. Monday through Friday and I need to call back on MONDAY. Called the company they assigned, they also have bankers hours Monday through Friday. I really would like to know how can I get any service, if I had a water heater, plumbing, AC which could be an emergency.... How can a company operate this way knowing you sell home warranty and your customer have no access to you... If I could give less than the zero I would.

Alex Azhand Alexandria, VA

I highly recommend everyone to stay away from this company. Regretfully I signed up an agreement with them in Feb. 2021. I never used their services. I was told you cant even use any service until your 30 days passed. I called them two weeks ago and requested for cancellation because I sold the house and buying a new house. I was told that my refund is $339 but they did not process my refund until today and when I called them I was told that my refund is ~$280. I do highly recommend anyway to stay away from them. I have the recordings of the conversation if you care to listen and learn who are you going to deal with. They are bunch of unprofessionals whose goal is to rip off their customers

Lisa El-Ghirani Indianapolis, IN

Amazon Home Warranty has very unconcerned reps. When I had an electrical issue they tried 3 times to send an electrician, but 3 different companies declined to come out for them. I ended up having to secure my own electrician through Mr Quik and pay out of pocket up front. My initial call to AHW for this issue was on 3/24/21. It is now 6/16/21; I have yet to be reimbursed (short my deductible) and have been told multiple times my check will be sent in the next 10-14 business days. This warranty company will not be getting another $575 at the end of this contract. Waste of money and huge waste of time.

Mike Grove Atlanta, GA

Brad was extremely helpful in getting me signed up. However, the proof will be in the service I get if and when I need a technician. They can certainly earn more starts if that part of the business is handled as well as Brad handled setting me up. Let's wait and see.

Mr. Crane Absecon, NJ

If no stars were an option they would get it. I filed several complaints through the BBB. Check their rating there first. I was told I could not cancel the policy twice and then given the runaround. Horrible people and liars all. Sounds great and would be if they delivered on a single promise. I was charged a service call and my washer was not repaired they said it was preexisting... If that's the case then they should tell me in advance what was going to be covered or not. STUFF BREAKS. That's why I purchased the warranty. It has cost me $00 plus the cost to repair the items myself ridiculous...

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Mr. Crane, i apologize for the frustration and misunderstanding. Pleas provide me with your claim number or policy number so that i can further assist and do my best to correct this situation for you.

Jun. 14th, 2021

ps kar Frankfort, KY

!!!!Worst experience!!!!. These guys don't pay for your services, they will say something else is the fault. The customer service is really worst, the rep who spoke to me is very rude and told they will not cover. I had service calls for AC and Microwave and both they rejected. AC is just a freon issue and they said it's a multi component failure. Microwave issue with megatorn and they are blaming the door and saying they wont cover it. When I asked them to cancel the policy they said I wont get anything back. they are saying they paid 215$ for tech to come and look at it. How stupid is this. I never recommend this to any one.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

I apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Alex O'Connell Kenner, LA

I've been with a competing HW provider for 15+ yrs. Having become dissatisfied I began looking around. Couldn't be happier with AHW! Brad Elba (Account Specialist) was amazing!

Jerry musgrove Las Vegas, NV

The customer service representative was very helpful and informative. My house is 14 years old most appliances are At least 3 years or more so I think it would be a good program for me to get into so I started last month .

mark smith Gainesville, FL

This review pertains only to the performance of account rep Jesse R. He was extremely, courteous, professional and knowledgeable. Now let's see how your warranty plan works once I need your services.

Geendolyn Hall Addis, LA

I was very pleased with my interaction with James C. He was cordial and explained all components of the warranty. I would feel comfortable referring his services to other family members.

Linda Ash Kansas City, MO

It’s apparent they do not have a wide range of contractors! My washer went out and kept calling a contractor asking him to come fix it! Contractor told me he has told them several times! I have no heat right now going on second day of no heat after filing a claim! Called 3 times to complain and every time they said they would escalate it! Apparently this is not urgent to them! Also they don’t realize that going without heat could burst my pipes then I would be in another situation where it’s not considered urgent to them! I had another warranty company where a contractor was notified that day! Worst company!

Robin Huntington, WV

Tim was amazing and answered all my questions easily about the warranty! I was shopping g around because my other home warranty had sent out sub par contractors to my home and took a month to fix a simple problem... looking forward to dealing with Amazon!

Nancy Louisville, KY

Just signed up with this company and spoke to a very friendly knowledgeable person (Steve). I hope to never use the service but I feel this top rated company will be a blessing if we ever need to. Too many pluses about this company to elaborate but I did do research on the 5 best home warranty services and chose this one. Thank you Steve you are a good sales person.

Mmorgan Orlando, FL

Mr. Brad E was very professional and pleasant to talk to. I like the coverage, the cost of the program and the idea that if you can’t fix things, you will replace it. Those issues are very important to me. I also would like to give a shout out to the person I talked to the other night ( not from customer relations, I think from 24 hrs service call Dept), he was also very patient explaining about the program and services.

Darren DeSautell Marietta, GA

Quick response, they dealt with my heating and air problem very fairly

Dr. Paul Cooks North Las Vegas, NV

I GET AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE AND THEY CALL OR EMAIL IN A TIMELY MANNER.

anjum Hussaini Willowbrook, IL

I have warranty for AC unit w full replacement if not able to repair per contract. Ac compressor needed to be replaced so technician recommended to replace the unit and they are refusing to pay for the unit saying that it was secondary to poor maintenance. Our unit is well maintained, have clean and check done it regularly each season. They are a scam, don’t get it

Zach Buford, GA

Do not choose AHW for home warranty, they are not responsive, don't follow-up with contractors who disappear with your money. We paid two technicians and the first "stopped working with them" so we are out that money despite a fix being approved. The next contract, that we paid as well, was told they would buy us out, they denied any fix. We are now submitting a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Zack, We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Tony Astro Virginia Beach, VA

I don't even know how to begin. This company is the worst. I reported my fridge that needs compressor per technician in April 28 and today is may 24. I have log over 8 total hours in span of 18 phone calls. Just today, May 24 U started at 1:55pm. Now it 4:23 pm I called and talked to 5 supervisors: Jabari, then phone suddenly disappeared no return calls same from the following supervisors just for today: Naomi (spoke to her 4 times in almost 4 weeks), Tyler, Stacey and not Devlin. Their technician is the worst. I gave them a pass from last year when it took 3 weeks we don't have a heater. It is NOT WORTH IT. Now it is 4:26pm. We were talking about cancelling the plan and will not even contact for cancellation.

Dominique Crawford Concord, NC

This company does nothing but steal your money! They do not cover any repairs! My dryer broke and they are refusing to replace it even when the contract repair company is telling them it needs to be replaced! But, they are refusing because the contract company cannot identify the issue. The staff at this company doesn't care about their customers. They say that a manager will return a call but they don't. After calling multiple times they still refuse to replace my dryer and are telling me that I can pay $65 for a second opinion for someone to try to identify the problem so that they can replace it. They refuse to give you back your money if you want to cancel. They just dont care and steal your money!

Debi Jibilian Fremont, OH

The agent went over the policy really thoroughly. However, he failed to inform me that this was a one-year policy, which is very annoying and makes the policy extremely expensive! I have reviewed the contract carefully and find you have far more exclusions than comparable companies, which is very surprising to me. In addition, I have attempted multiple times during a 20 minute period to contact you at two different numbers provided by you, only do find that impossible. Not a good impression on my first contract day!

TexasVet Mansfield, TX

I have had home warranty coverage with Amazon Home Warranty for approximately 3 years and I believe I may have used the warranty maybe twice. My Maytag Dryer became inoperable displaying a F01 error code. They sent out a service provider who did not even touch the dryer, They had me give them the serial number, model number, etc. I called today for an update only to find out that they want to offer a payout versus repairing the dryer. The offer is less than half of the cost to replace the dryer with comparable features. According to the representative they have a right to offer replacement at a cost that could be lower than the actual replacement cost.

Kerry Leavitt Las Vegas, NV

after calling again for the 10th time, I finally got the best deal and i thought some extras that the sales rep stated free roof Leak coverage and the combo pak. now when I called back to get the corrections, someone different answered and told me that the offer was not offered. but I have an text sent from you and repeated it to him. if this is the drill, maybe I will call back and cancel my warranty!

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Kerry, never mind. I found the last text message you received which is $125.00 off plus free roof coverage - discount code #freeroof125. Thats $125 off the original rate of $624.00 as stated on our website for the combo plan. This brings your rate to $499 as mentioned earlier.

May. 5th, 2021

mike abdallah Las Vegas, NV

Mr. fred w. very good salesman not only convince to buy the warranty . he convinces me to buy the three year contract . hopes what he tell me is true . only time will proves thanks Mike abdallah

Pamela J. Starr Marietta, GA

I just signed up so I can only speak to my initial impressions - James was professional and knowledgeable. He explained the policy and coverage options in detail and answered all my questions (including a few I forgot to ask). I hope the policy and service live up to the hype.

Lisa Holland Independence, KY

Jeff S. was knowledgeable, courteous, and very helpful. He was not derogatory toward other home warranty providers which I experienced when speaking with other providers...super cool on his part. If everything goes well when I do have a claim, I will definitely recommend AHW.

Susan Polk Leavenworth, KS

Brad was very helpful in answering questions regarding the selected plan. I was very pleased with his professionalism and friendliness. Selection of AHW over other available providers was based on rating by This Old House, available options, affordability and the phone interaction with Brad.