AHW Home Warranty Logo

AHW Home Warranty

6.7

LAST UPDATED: September 23rd, 2021

AHW Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

AHW Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to AHW Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

AHW Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. AHW Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional AHW Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; AHW Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, AHW Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of AHW Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

AHW Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to AHW Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, AHW Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because AHW Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, AHW Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

AHW Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering AHW Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.7

Chris Cormier Atlanta, GA

The supervisor was Noman and the worker was Kashif. They were both very helpful when the original technician they assigned never showed up or responded to my calls and texts. The team at Amazon Home Warranty were there for me and assisted right away. They assigned a new technician that was a lot more relaibale and repaired my Oven the following day.

Anthony Robertson Plano, TX

Hello I have been a customer with AHW for approx. two years, and I have never filed a claim. Well in the hot summer in the desert, my havoc with out. I called them to have it fix, the Tech came out and said my unit needs to be replaced, So the Tech took pictures and sent them to AHW. you have to remember it's in the deserts hit gets very hot. I bought this plan just so if my AC needed some repairs I would have converge. I was told that since my unit had rust and corrosion on , they will not cover it. This is regular ware and tear. I live in the desert. the unit is 15 years old, when I bought the plan they didn't ask me how old is my unit, I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told there was not one on duty. Every company have a supervisor on duty. What ever you do don't buy from Amazon Home Warranty. It is a reap off. I paid $48. 00 for two years and they will not cover my air condition. stay away stay away ASR from Tucson

HonestPOV Austin, TX

Don't waste your time or energy with Amazon Home Warranty. So many red flags. When I create a claim, I don't hear from the service vendor and have to call the service vendor. Then I have to email AHW if the service vendors shows or not, and more than half the time there have been no shows by the service vendor. We recently had a claim with our ice maker and it was denied due to lack of maintenance on our part. When we called the service vendor, we were informed that there was no way we could have done any maintenance. We refused the claim and then they changed denied status to manufacturer defect. The worst part is the lack of respect - they just steamroll the conversation and don't let you talk. You can't speak to manager, but one will call you back. Problem is if you aren't available then they leave a message without an extension and then you left in a cycle of calling back and waiting to receive another random call from a manager. I've finally had enough and when I asked to cancel, I was told that I would be given a call back! Just save your money and your time - find another company.

Denise Bennett Atlanta, GA

Lisa C Smyrna, DE

I just joined today (08/16/2021); so, anything can happen between now and when I'm officially with AHW!!! I read the reviews, both positive and negative; however, I'm willing to give them a shot. The salesman Ray T. was extremely professional and very polite, not pushy and slick. I can't really confirm until my plan starts in May 2021, if it's not what I think, I can always cancel. I'm being positive based on Ray, keep me happy Ray!

David Las Vegas, NV

We have a few rental homes and I keep a policy on each one. I'm currently weaning them off of AHS and not impressed with Old Republic Home warranty either, but Amazon has really impressed me with the last three service calls. Very satisfied so far their contractors seem to be fast, competent, and fair!

Nicholas Logsdon Atlanta, GA

Yes I am very pleased. You fixed my air conditioner. They provided quick services and I only paid my service fee. Thank you amazon home warranty!

Reynelle Harper Elk Grove Village, IL

Overall very satisifed with my experience with AHW thus far. Their reps are well trained, they don’t make you wait long on hold and their technicians are reliable for the most part.

Julie Hall-glover Miami, FL

The staff is very experienced. They sent me a technician for my AC System very quick and met my expectations. I recommend AHW to anyone looking for reliable service and would be willing to pay a little more.

Maggan Lupi Dallas, TX

I’ve used their services a couple of times this year and overall I have been satisfied with their service. Their coverage is good and their technicians are reliable. Pleased with AHW.

Theresa Bryant Atlanta, GA

Pleased with the outcome. It took 4 days but never the less my oven is working like new again. AHW apologized for the delay. They said they couldn’t find any reputable technicians any sooner.

Jassica Kelly Killeen, TX

You performance some repairs and we reached a fair agreement after the repairs were more than we knew, service was prompt and communication was adequate. will continue to use and support your services.

Carol Lee Atlanta, GA

All three of my claims have been covered. They repaired my dishwasher, my garage door opener, and plumbing. They already paid over $1,500 worth in claims. Very pleased with their professionalism and service.

Kyle Reynolds Austin, TX

The first experience with AHW was amazing! The technician knew my building and knew how to fix my ac! But, when my other ac started having the same issues I called AHW and asked them to get me the same technician if possible. Instead, I got a text from the assigned contractor saying he didn't do condos and to call you.

Kenneth Carpenter Miami, FL

After my washing machine stopped working I couldn't just figure out the cause so I called AHW to place a claim. Five hours later a team arrived to look further into the issue and now it is working a stood as new. They also clean the additional mess making sure everything is in working order.

Cynthia Dillon Miami, FL

It is true that they are somehow costly than their competitors however they make up for the additional price in so many places. They cover more systems and appliances than my previous warranty and work with better technicians. Everyone they've sent me was licensed and were true professionals. Definitely worth every dollar.

Ronald Curd Atlanta, GA

I was really worried about our refrigerator not functioning properly but I am very much thankful for having amazon warranty. They arrived on time and fixed my issue before all the food go spoiled! Reps are respectful and understanding even though I called screaming like a maniac.

Frank Leonardi Brooklyn, NY

Very impressed so far. My washer was not functioning so I called AHW and they answered right away. Didn't have to wait on hold or nothing. They assigned a technician the following day and by the end of the week I had a new washer machine!

Jocelyn Bentley Los Angeles, CA

Its been 2 years since I signed up and have no complaints. I recently needed a new A/C unit because mine was on its last leg and AHW was able to help and installed a new one right away. Very impressed by their technicians and customer representatives.

Angee M. Milwaukee, WI

I just bought a plan for myself and a friend!! The customer service rep. Ray T. Was great and answered all of my questions thoroughly. Review of this warranty was no good that I dumped my other warranty service for this one. Thank you AHW. 😁

Meghan Leonard Los Angeles, CA

very good service all around. Impressed with the salesmen Fred, and just recently impressed with their customer service and technicians. My dishwasher wasn’t cleaning like it used to and AHW assigned the right repair man to fix it because it works like new again. all i had to pay was my service fee as promised.

Damian Morin Elk Grove Village, IL

So far we've had the worst luck with this warranty. I have an AC that is not working so naturally the warranty won't even come take a look. I have a washer that went out and it's been over a month with no update and no resolution. I will not be using Amazon home warranty again.

Jerry Fuller Van Buren, AR

Im a vendor trying to collect payment for authorized repairs from AHW for over 6 months. Did work in good faith and now fighting to get paid, if this is how they treat their vendors how do you think they will treat customers? and do you really want to do business with company like this?

OV YachtClub Mesa, AZ

Bad No communication, impossible to deal with call center agents in another country, no one will take responsibility for their mistakes, shuttling customers between contractors, contractors refusing to accept claim because (in their own words) "Amazon doesn't pay their bills". I've had an open claim with them for over 3 weeks w/o any resolution. Don't believe their website, it's all lies; they are currently being sued by the AZ attorney general for fraud Do not, I repeat: Do NOT be fooled by their prices or coverages

Daniel Gonzagowski Denver, CO

Absolutely terrible. They have failed to actually fix anything and have only allowed the techs they send to do the bare minimum. No service call we've had has been fixed correctly. The most current one was denied because I plugged a hole with fiber tape that was leaking water after nearly 2 months of not having a washer. They said that the washer was misused and repair was made, by plugging a hole... I didn't do anything to the actual washer. They have lost accreditation with the BBB and there is a class action against them.

Ronald Curd Miami, FL

The technician arrived on time the whole process was pretty smooth and the amount of money was agreed upon beforehand. Will definitely renew with them in December.

Tracey L Williams Stafford, VA

Responsiveness, technicians are very well trained. They arrive on time and effective. Amazon provides very good response time.

Delight Spann Dallas, TX

It was a pleasant experience with. They repaired the roof leak which was really dreadful and I did not have to pay for anything but my service fee. The response was great and their reps are friendly and knowledgeable.

Lewis Smith Miami, FL

Absolutely satisfied with the service they have provided my family. I've only had to use them 1 time this year but they were excellent when I needed them for my microwave that wasn't turning on.

Julie Hall-glover Miami, FL

They have excellent customer services which is the main reason I renewed my warranty earlier this year. There coverage is also better than the last home warranty company ive had.

Colette Moorehead Miami, FL

Yes I have been satisfied with this policy. They offer an extensive list of coverage items and their customer service is simple to work with. They showed me that I can count on them if I ever need them again.

J.O. McNeil Red Oak, TX

Amazon Home Warranty charges a service fee for items that they do not even cover. At this time, I have a house with no AC for over a week now. The repairman and tenant have not been able to reach Amazon after hours. When the repairman finally was able to speak to someone from Amazon, he was instructed to have me pay in full for all repairs and submit a claim for reimbursement. I called Amazon during business hours to further discuss about the AC claim that was initiated. I was transferred to another line and put on hold indefinitely. When I was able to get through again, I asked to speak to management and was told that they have to fill out a form and someone would contact me at an established time. The return call never occurred. I will be contacting the BBB.

Vern Guyer Pleasant Grove, UT

Have had the service for a little over two years now. Would love to give them 5 stars, but the first couple of requests were not handled in a quick or efficient manner. Their customer service dept needed an overhaul. Things have gotten better now.

Myrtis Louise Todd Gilbert, AZ

I spoke with Scott P about getting warranty on the items in the house and he quoted all of the items that would be covered under this warranty, and that pleased me. I asked about the televisions in the house and he explained that they would not be covered, so I asked if maybe AHW would consider looking into adding them to the coverage. We will see. Very professional. Thank you.

MichaelHabin Nashville, TN

I had an excellent experience working with the agent Steve W. from Amazon home warranty. I had some very specific questions regarding my condo in Nashville Tennessee. After a deep dive he was able to confirm that the heat pump in my condo is covered. Quite a professional, very much an expert in how he reassured me and followed up with email communication of our discussion that my water source heat pump in my high rise condo was covered. I’ve had some terrible experiences with another warranty company that really are suspect on their integrity. It’s great to have found Amazon home warranty. They are not the least expensive but they are the most ethical and transparent. I strongly recommend them especially if you have a condominium.

Barbara

I just signed up for Amazon Home Warranty so I have not yet had a problem with any appliance or covered item that had to be repaired or replaced but I have to say that the Represenative, Steve, that helped me decided to select Amazon Home Warranty over the other 2 that I so to speak interviewed was excellent at his job. He took an interest in what I had to say, answered all my questions, suggested a plan for us that best worked out for us and how we handled our finances. I ended up calling him back and as an anniversary gift for our daughter covered her house because I thought so much of the plan or could it h ave simply been Steve is a great salesperson?!!! Just kidding I enjoyed talking and sharing with Steve as I think he did was me. So yes I give 5 stars to Amazon Home Warranty at this time.

Merk Houston, TX

Terrible company. Claims are resolved very slowly; communication between the repair technician and AHW takes, at a minimum day, and, in one case, weeks. It's impossible to reach a supervisor without a call back, which takes days. If you miss a call back, you hafe to start the process all over again. Don't believe the sales hype you get handed. The company seems built on wearing-down the consumer so it won't have to pay claims.

Esmail Ashton, MD

They respond too late and their tech are useless, for example he comes in cannot diagnose the problem says the unit has to be change take the money and claim was denied. My own tech comes and fix the unit and finds the problem I asked the we know the problem come and fix it they say this is new claim this happen to me three times.

Reynelle Harper

David was very nice and friendly he arrived on time and fixed my HVAC when it wasn't cooling properly. He filled up the freon and I only had to pay my service fee.

Christie Mora New York, NY

Sign up was easy, my first claim went as smooth as can be, and the bottom line is I only paid my service fee. Hopefully this is how it will always be.

Sherief Bogdady Atlanta, GA

AHW'S policy is one of the best ones ive researched. They cover a few more items than anyone else and their payout are very generous. Ive been a customer for over 1 year

Yuette Claire San Jose, CA

Mary Gaynier Secaucus, NJ

Every service call we have made has been addressed in a timely manner. We are very satisfied with the company and would recommend it to all homeowners.

Amelia Harris Peshawar, KP

Our lawn sprinkler system stopped working even after we got it checked by some technicians it wouldn't operate thanks to AHW for looking through the issue and fixing it!

Raymonda Dagher Las Vegas, NV

Just ordered the 3 year combo plan, Phone representative Jeff S was professional and clear on all information I am pleased to finally have a professional company to collaborate and work with after 17 years of tremulous relationship with the other company AHS :( Looking forward to a long fruitful business partnership!

kgabe59 Humble, TX

All my questions were answered accurately. The home warranty specialist was very polite and professional, and not pushy in trying to get me to commit to getting the coverage. I was very pleased with the interaction I experienced that I referred my two sons.

Kimberly Mitchell Dallas, TX

Diversefeid Maintance did a very good job. Well pleased with the service and the people who came to fix the problem.

Jose Ramirez Killeen, TX

My A/C went out and AHW assigned Air Care the very next day. They fixed the leak and the A/C works again.

JOSE MARTINEZ Colorado Springs, CO

Lot of headache to get things done, denied things without having all the facts. But after sort out they did what they needed. So I'm keeping them

Leonard Smith Kings Mountain, NC

They are not very good on keeping up to make sure a repair is being taken care of, leaving it up to the customer to follow up with the repair company.