Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

9.9

Visit Site 1-(855) 677-3010

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: July 3rd, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

Founded in 2015, the company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive Reservice Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets
  • Aptive Reviews

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive Reservice Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assesments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

OJ Rodgz. San Antonio, TX

Liar’s, they are liars . They are liars and I would gladly pay them to stop coming to my home . They suck and they are liars. Never again will I contract them. They owe me for insufficient funds I occurred, I asked them multiple times not to debit my account till Friday. They told me with confidence they will not debit my account till Friday. They lied. They debit that same day. Don’t trust them! SCAMMERS

Daisy League City, TX

Wasp hive been took down but I still them coming back after a day. And the worst of all it kills all my fish on my outdoor pond to ask if I am a paying customer , I am a first time customer and yes I should be a paying customer .

Seid Seman Antioch, TN

The customer rep, didn’t have shoe covers so I didn’t fee comfortable letting spray in the rooms. He didn’t spray on the door and do the outside treatment by the door for the trims. Had horrible experience, would want someone else to come back for second session.

Nicole Miller Aurora, CO

I paid 100.00 for Aptive to come out and do a five minute job and leave. This is a rip off and unacceptable. He sprayed my backyard and left. No treatment in my house or front yard like I normally get. I’m so upset. Once my contract expires I will be switching to another company.

Jamison Safari Dumfries, VA

I was wondering why I didn't see any difference whatsoever, so I decided during one appointment to watch my cameras the whole time. By "The whole time" I mean the 3 minutes the guy kind of wandered around and sprayed a few times. As if the gigantic ant hills, spiders webs all over the bushes didn't tell him where he should focus his attention. I was going to let the contract just run out but it seems like they time the appointments really close to the end of your contract instead of keeping a quarterly schedule to ensure you keep paying them at least one more time.

Ramelle Vincent Tampa, FL

Horrible sales reps walking the neighborhood! Don’t read no solicitation signs, rude and disrespectful! This type of behavior will not win you any customers!

Sean Carroll Herndon, VA

The representative rang the doorbell in the middle of the day. Upon opening the door he began talking as if I had already accepted service and was a paying customer. Upon telling him I did not want treatment he asked several times why, was it the price, the service? I told him I just did not want to pay for another service. He stated that I had just wasted his time and left. RUDE! Horrible door to door service that is pushy, disrespectful, and rude!

Ceci A Lawrenceville, GA

If I could give them 0 stars I would! They don’t care about getting your service they only care about getting money out of you. You are better off doing a DIY extermination, you get ghetto techs, techs that don’t do anything but walk around with a little stick saying they take con webs but don’t do it. They charge you even if you don’t get service & if you reschedule they charge you again. Sells men told me it was 12 months contract when it was really 24 months. I expressed myself to costumer service of how dissatisfied I was with the company & wanted to cancel because it was horrible and he didn’t care he said I had to pay $199 to end contract. He didn’t once apologize or try to correct the problem. I’m stuck with another year with them because they don’t help me. I hate APTIVE. Never again will I use your service after the contract ends. And I will make sure to say this to everyone I know.

Danny P Carson, CA

They only care about money . Was charged for a service they said they did but the day they said they did it it rained all day . Next service day nobody showed up either . Would have been charged again for a non service but I complained only to be told they canceled that day and will be out next month . No email to me saying they canceled as I waited all day to ask about the service they did not do in the rain but was charged for . No word about a refund for the scam service they are running just told me if I cancel the service I will be charged another $199 for nothing done Please do not waste you money on this company that cares nothing about you only cares how much money they can get for doing nothing

Elaine C Allison Park, PA

One week ago our house was treated in a different way than usual resulting in insecticide powder showering me when I opened the door to walk outside, piles of insecticide powder on our window sills, and insecticide powder pushed up into and around our window sashes. We have several older windows and the powder actually made its way through gaps and INTO our house, laying on window sills and a countertop. I called the 800 number for Aptive and the gal told me to bathe and wash the clothes that got the insecticide on them. She also said she would leave a message for my local Aptive manager to call me, since she wasn't fully aware of the chemical used or why it was used on our doors and windows. Not around the doors and windows, but actually in the doors and windows. The next morning I went around the house with wet paper towels to clean up the piles on the window sills and tried to get as much of the powder out of the sashes. The following day, I gently washed as much of the powder out of the sashes as I could. I waited a few days and then called our local office, only to get customer service, again. This time she told me to go to my doctor or hospital, if needed. She also sent me an email with an attachment showing the chemicals used for our treatment. I tried clicking the link for the powder that was used and got "Oops! That page can't be found!". Over a week later, I am still waiting for the local manager to call. I feel concerned for those who are also getting this powder all over the place and are unaware of it. I am sincerely disappointed that the manager has not called, even after both customer service gals let him know of the seriousness of the situation. I believe the young man doing the treatment was trying to go above and beyond, he simply needs better training. I am not unhappy with customer service or the young man doing the treatment, just the manager. Unfortunately, the manager represents the business, so we will be leaving Aptive.

Amelia H Atlanta, GA

Zero stars. Tech was very obviously drunk and sprayed me in the face with pesticide while I was holding my baby. Called customer service and have yet to hear back. I’m waiting, Aptive! Stay away from this company if you appreciate your health and your family’s well being.

Heidi Evans Richmond, TX

I have had too many “little “ concerns with this company and each time I have contacted them, they have not helped solve the issues, only skim over like no big deal only for them to happen again or have to be babysat each time the service is scheduled. This was the final straw, they left my back gate open and my dogs escaped their safe yard! This company does not care to do a job well done NOR give hood service! I highly recommend finding another company as I will be doing too!!!

Shawna Roberts Dunellen, NJ

THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. If you are looking for any kind of pest control RUN from this company. I contacted them because a rat problem that we had after we purchased our new house. They came and said that the first visit was free. When the guy came to my house he did not have the equipment needed to handle the rat issue. He told us that he would have to come back. That same tech did not come though, a different one did, and then tried to charge me because he came out, and for the equipment. I explained that that was not what was explained to me, and even though he did come the first time he did not do anything except put 3 sticky traps out in the open in the backyard, which I had to move because our dog's paw got stuck to it. I explained that he did not finish his job the first time, so why I am paying for the 2nd visit? The tech was very nice but the manager was horrible and never even contacted me back when I reached out, as well as the tech himself. They didn't leave anything to help with our rat problem and we went to Walmart and tried to do it ourselves. They then tried to come on some random date and contacted me saying they were coming. He was informed that I didn't want ay service from them and that we were not even in the country. He came on out property anyway and then charged us for it. Due to horrible service and my complaints they cancelled my service, but still tried to charge me for their employee's trespassing on private property. I been in contact with them 5 times, and NO ONE as contacted me back. To top it off my credit has been affected, because while trying to handle this the charge was sent to collections. I will be contacting the better business bureau. THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST!!!!!!

Rebecca Burwell Lane Dallas, TX

My thanks to scheduling for providing a 2-hour window for today's (29Oct2021) service. I received the requested text messages and phone calls (announcing 30-minutes until arrival and upon arrival). I hope this continues on future service calls. Today's service resolved all the issues from last week's (23Oct2021) service call.

Nick Braun St Louis, MO

As a service, we have struggled to have our needs met by your company. That is until we were sent the service technician, Jevon. He went above and beyond to ensure that every possible solution to our issue was explored. Prior to reviving Jevon’s assistance, my husband and I were planning to switch companies. Jevon’s outstanding work and efforts have convinced us to continue to be a customer of Aptive.

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

PLlam Oceanside, CA

Our technician this quarter was Sergio M. He went above and beyond any previous technicians. He went so far as to treat underneath our backyard patio furniture without me asking him to do so. Additionally, he made me aware that a bat was perching near our front door which he was able to determine from the specific droppings, and he gave me recommendations to deter the bat(s). If I can request a technician for future treatments it would be Sergio.

Laure DuBois Kansas City, MO

Disrespectful sales people. I would go to say discrimination against families with children as I told them 8:42 pm was to late to ring my doorbell with sleeping kids and they told me it was my problem not theirs. Disgusting!

Michelle Hatfield San Pedro, CA

I canceled my service with Aptive because I am moving. Upon canceling my service the customer service representative neglected to tell me I was 2 months short of completing my contract nor did she tell me I owed a cancelation fee of $125. Since this was not communicated nor did they send a bill, my account has been sent to collections. This is a reprehensible business practice and I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Extremely poor business practice,.

Frank Herbert

I signed up with the door-to-door salesman in Portland, Oregon. The first year was fine: they came on time every quarter, did a thorough job and the workers were very polite and helpful. The second year they failed to show for three scheduled appointments. I called their office after the first two no shows, and they were very apologetic and promised to do better. After the third no show I called again to cancel the contract and they didn't seem to care one way or another. There are literally hundreds of other companies eager for my business who are much more professional.

Marsha Christensen Arlington, TX

When you want to protect your home from bugs, you call a pest/bug extermination company. When you want to protect your home from pests while having aggravation and having a company try to steal from you by coming and charging every 2 months when your agreement is quarterly, call Aptive. In the beginning they were great. Then me, my dad, and my sister all began to have the same problem. We agreed to quarterly treatments but noticed the time between applications was closer and closer. All 3 of us would complain or cancel and say "Come back at the agreed upon time.", but it's pathetic that I have to watch them like a hawk or they are screwing me by making trips additional to what we agreed on. The funny part is they send text reminders so I can CLEARLY see it's too soon! In addition, they say at your request they will spray inside but are resistant when asked to do so or claim you have to call ahead. They run around and barely do anything. I still see bugs and the last guy that called was angry that I wanted to reschedule because it was pouring down raining. He was aggressive and argued with me and then showed up later that day after the rain stopped. There is no honesty or respect for customers. They may seem great the first time or 2 but it will get worse. I promise. It has for all 3 people in my family that have used them. There's tons of companies for pest control. DON'T USE THIS ONE!

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Marsha! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

Dec. 28th, 2021

Katherine Carter West Chester, OH

Will not be renewing my service with Aptive. They charge you quarterly for their services and then don’t show up on the day they’re scheduled to service your home. I was home the day they were supposed to arrive and they never did. And my credit card was charged 4 days before the scheduled visit. I never received the mandatory call that they were on their way, and their company records claimed that my house was serviced. Seeing as my house was not serviced I cannot continue to support a business that scams it’s customers and doesn’t follow through on their promise. Your customer service representative was also condescending and unhelpful. She kept repeating that her records showed our house was serviced. It’s great that you think your computer database is never wrong, but I was there in person and no one ever showed up.

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

Dec. 5th, 2021

Prayer Partner Jacksonville, FL

Buyer beware. Its a door to door sale. The first treatment is that day. Quarterly after that. You better be home or they just sit in the truck (so said my neighbors) and even when you are home, ten minutes max is not long enough to do the spraying they agreed to. One tech comes out and does one "sweep" of spraying and when the next tech comes out, they don't do the same thing and neither of them does much of anything. And a quarter treatment done in November is scheduled to be repeated in January. They said that was every 90 days as stated in the contract. Who can't count? Me or them? But not to worry, they don't always show up nor do you get a call that explains why they didn't come and when you contact them, they don't apologize, they just tell you the tech is out sick. Asking when the service can be rescheduled, they have to call you back. Don't sit by the phone. It could be a while. So, like your mother always told you "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". She's always right, isn't she?

Brenda Castillo Oceanside, CA

I called Monday 10/11, to report my new address and to schedule service. Lots of spiders and ants. I was next available was weds 10/13, perfect-scheduled appt. Weds came and no one showed. I called and was told, they are not showing an appt for that day but do see one scheduled for Monday 10/18, frustrating but ok. Monday rolls around and again no show, I call again and was told they don’t see any appts scheduled for me for this month! I gasped and asked how could this happen? I asked to speak to a manager and said all they could do was submit a form for someone to call me within 24 to 48 hours. Two days go by(now it’s weds 10/20) no phone call or email from these unprofessionals. I called them back AGAIN, told lady what’s been going on. She said she can set another appt for 10/3, that’s the soonest. She apologized for the inconvenience, I asked if I was going to be charged for October, since they kept canceling on me. She transferred me to the loyalty Dept. Someone unknowingly picked up and was talking about how drunk they got a “Eric’s” wedding the last weekend. I tried to get his attention, finally he noticed and disconnected the call. Completely frustrated, I called back this company again. I advised them what was going on, multiple no shows, no call backs, disconnected call. I was immediately transferred to a “manager” by the name of James M. He was professional sounding at least, offered me a $30 discount for my troubles. And he confirmed my already scheduled appt for 10/3. He also emailed me from his “personal” email and advised me to reach out to me if I should encounter any other issues or concerns. Fast forward to 10/3, again no show/no call. I emailed James, after a few hours of no response from him I called his number on the email and it went straight to customer service. I asked her to confirm my scheduled appointment for today and she told me that it had been cancelled and someone was supposed to reach out to me. I gave her a quick run down of my experience, she apologized and gave me another $30 credit. She said, when I called the first time to advised I moved, they changed my address but not my service area(branch?) she advised she will have the service area manager Josh D, call me within 24-48 hours. I reminded her, I have a baby here and I have been living with spiders and ants for over a month now at this new house. She said she will do her best to get him to call me hopefully by the end of that day. Well, today is 2 days after that, still no calls, texts or emails. I called back and received ok service on the phone, he pretended to schedule a service for tomorrow(because at this point, it’s a joke now) he said all he could do is to submit a form for management to call me within 24/48 hours. I thanked him for his help. I emailed back James and asked him why he offered his services to reach out to him if he had no intention of reaching out to me. Still waiting to hear from anyone.

Henry Le San Diego, CA

Armando sprayed very carefully, in almost every corners of the garden. He also used a long stick to get rid of the spider web along the gutters. I haven't seen anybody to use that long stick before. I'd like to have him for the next service.

Oct. 6th, 2020

Barbara Field ,

The technician let me know via text well in advance of his arrival time so I could open my garage even though I was in Zoom meetings while he was here. He then texted me when he finished so I could close it when I could. He was fast and professional.

Oct. 6th, 2020

Allison Hardy San Antonio, TX

Other than not getting my notice ahead of time for service so I was caught off guard, the technician was very thorough & did a great job. I was able to communicate with him through my Ring cameras. He was professional & accommodating. He's been the best technician I've had so far.

chmills1cm San Antonio, TX

Brittany J, Thank you for all you do. Since I have been an aptive customer you are the 1st person that had perfect customer relations. That is a caring and informative employee. Stay safe. Because of you I will remain a loyal customer.

Brian MacLeod New Braunfels, TX

What a tremendous improvement over the last two who said they visited and never did. This tech was great!!! While this tech was great. the other two were horrid and the company’s responsiveness is bad. So I give the tech a good review, but not the company.

Roye Allen II Whitehall, MI

Roye A I found this service to be less than impressive, I believe they were out to my place 2 or 3 times and at best I saw about a 40% decrease for a about a week, after a week they were back as bad or worse every time. I called to cancel the service and was then informed that either I continue to pay for a service that dont work or I have to pay $200.00 cancelation fee which I was never informed about until I wanted to cancel (I guess, I should have known better than to trust their sales person) From my experience, this is just another trugreen company.

Vanessa E Corona, CA

I would never recommend this company. I am so unhappy with almost every aspect of their business and service. I was lied to about my contract. Even though I have the text messages from the sales man they tried to switch my contract for a longer more expensive one. The time line of services were more often than told to me through text which means way more money. I’ve, since starting in July, asked twice to speak to a manager and have been told there’s no one to speak with right away I have to wait for a call back and no one has called me back. I was told it takes at most a day. It’s been almost a month. The spray hasn’t worked. I still have all the same pests but even more now. I’ve been sprayed 3 service times and 2 resprays and nothing changes. So frustrated. Please save yourself headache and a waste of your money.

Steve T7000 Loxahatchee Groves, FL

I had an Aptive tech come out about a week ago, it was a miserable experience. He was very unprofessional told me not to follow him around before he even got started. I showed him where the ants and spiderwebs were and he told me he would take care of it. I left to run errands, he literally spent about 10 to 12 minutes at my home before he left only spraying some product in the grass on part of the lawn near the house then used a cobweb brush for about 2-3 minutes missing 90% of the spiderwebs and then he spread about a cup of granules around the house but missed the entire pool, patio, gazebo and the detached garage areas. I viewed my security cameras and confirmed the time he spent there and after walking around and saw all the same cobwebs and seeing no product like the granules where they needed to be. I did call the tech back and he argued that he did everything until I pointed out the missing granules and all the cobwebs that he did not treat. It was a very disappointing experience and I would NOT recommend. I received no follow up from the company after the service.

Lara P Amelia, OH

The technician arrived while I was not home. He rang the doorbell, waited 30 seconds, then got in his truck and left without performing any services. Later that day, I received a very detailed bill outlining all of the services completed, along with products used and a reminder not to let my pets outside for a few hours. This morning I called to report the issue. The customer service agent offered to reschedule but told me he didn't have authority to refund the bill. He couldn't transfer me to anyone but assured me he would pass along the message to the customer loyalty department who would call me back. I have yet to receive a phone call. Aptive sent a technician to my house who intentionally created an invoice for services not performed. Aptive, when presented with the situation, took no steps to rectify the issue. I have video proof that the technician did NO work. He performed NO services. Yet I have a bill that he drafted and now I am expected to pay for. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. They will tell you they have serviced your house and unless you have video surveillance such as a Ring Doorbell, you will never know if they actually serviced your house or not. And if they don't, good luck having them refund your bill.

Hamza Dridi Raleigh, NC

Absolutely awful experience! All started when someone from Aptive came to my door to offer service. I signed up and explicitly asked that my bills get automatically processed for the simple reason that I don't have time to process bills and monitor them (just like I do with all my bills). I handed my credit card to the agent who created my account on his tablet, entered my credit card information and set my account for automatic payment. I was done. Or so I thought ... It happens that in the following months Aptive failed to process the bills (seems the guy made a mistake in entering my cc information) and started sending me emails and mails, that I obviously did not monitor. I was out of country for most of summer, while these unmonitored emails and mails were pouring. When I came back by end of summer, I found out Aptive put a collection company on my back. I was fuming and called them up asking what the heck happened and why I did not get a phone call or a voicemail before taking this bold step of calling a collection company. No real answer. I asked on that call to settle my account (gave the agent my cc info to process the outstanding balance), she could not waive the fees that I felt I should not be responsible for. After settling the account, I asked her to escalate the matter, request a refund of fees, reverse collection and that someone from management team gives me a follow up call to discuss these issues. A month and a half later: Nothing! And then today (a month and a half later), I again discover another mail from collection company!!!! I called again and no explanation again! Asked to talk to someone, but the agent said that they would call me back. I ended up paying (another attempt) my entire outstanding balance - same statements of not being able to transfer me to someone or wave fees, etc ... Some basic questions to finish: 1- if a customer gives you his cc info on day one and ask explicitly for auto-payment, doesn't this say he/she is a good payer? why not calling him (not talking email or mail) instead of resorting to collection company 2- why Aptive people fail to process valid credit cards (twice) 3- why they never communicate after knowing the whole story (phone calls records and tons of notes recorded), just to explain or apologize 4- why do customer need to bare all consequences for Aptive mistakes. I know Aptive enjoys a good rating on this board, but the value of a company shows when there's a problem and how they deal with it. So I hope the people who gave 5 stars to Aptive never get into a mistake that Aptive creates.

Larry Dallas, TX

I live in Denton Tx. I was a terminix customer for years and happy with there service for the most part. A salesman stopped by and went over all the benefits of moving to Aptiv. I signed a 2 year contract. On my initial pre treatment and inspection, the service man took time to address all my concerns. A month later the first quarterly treatment was performed in 10 minutes. I have over 17000sq. Ft. Lot and was told the whole yard would be treated. Obviously, it was not. I tried to call many times and could never reach customer service in Plano Tx. There isn’t any where on their web-site to reschedule a service and they don’t have voicemail so there business model appears to 1. Get a signed contract 2. Skimp on the service the salesman promised, then 3. ignor customers when they try to speak or talk to someone about a problem. Shear genius. So , the only time you can express your concerns is on social media or the BBB or when they show up for the next quarterly treatment.

Daniel Wakin

I've already had a problem with this company before (the salesman said he was including mosquito control with our package and did not include it). We signed up for pest control with Aptive in June 2021. We signed a contract that said we would make 4 payments of $125 in: July 2021, October 2021, Jan 2022, & April 2022. We have been charged $135 in June 2021, $135 in September, $135 in October, and the company is saying we owe them another $135 for November. I called Aptive to inquire and they let me know that they upgraded our account, WITHOUT ASKING, and started CHARGING OUR ACCOUNT MONTHLY (FRAUD). This is the second time that Aptive has been dishonest. What's worse is they used the credit card we have on file WITHOUT ASKING US. I've never interacted with such a slimy, dishonest, fraudulent company. Please save yourself the headache... RUN!!!!!!!

AK Miller Fort Mill, SC

Could not be worse. Aptive's products are ineffective, their customer service is abysmal, and their technicians (while very nice and polite) are untrained and set up for failure. I enrolled two of my properties for their services and they still ignore my complaints. I hired them for some very specific pest control, gave them 7 attempts to just give me an intelligent PLAN to solve the problem, and they just keep sending untrained teenagers with the same bucket of stuff to spray, with no idea what they are actually spraying, and certainly not customized for my issues as they continually promised. My teenage daughter has started mixing her own spray to get rid of the spiders in her room. Only after I gave them a 2-star review did they actually take any interest in my issue. I wrote them a LONG description of my dissatisfaction and after three weeks have still gotten no reply. I sent it a second time and still got no response. They truly do not care about their customers of quality. DO NOT USE APTIVE! And do not fall for their sales pitch. The great salesperson who sold me the service and said "call or text me with any problems," just sends me the number to customer service whenever I contact him. Then I waste half a day getting through their automated system only to get transferred 4 times to "someone who might be able to help" with my issues. Terrible, terrible company looking to make a quick buck in a rapidly developing area.

Teren Nageli Denver, CO

Terrible service. They have no problem soliciting their business door to door but to actually come out when scheduled heaven forbid. Our second appt they didn't even show or notify us until the following day where we got an automated message saying they missed the appt for "unseen circumstances" They didn't even try to not sound like a robot. Then I call customer support and wait on hold for about 15 minutes for the agent to tell me I called wrong department and that he will need to transfer me at which point the line disconnected. I called back time to the correct department and again the line disconnected. When will companies start caring about the consumer again ?

Anthony J Lorenzo Medford, NY

Worst extermination company I have ever used. There sales team are misleading and make false promises. After canceling subscription for poor services. Aptive continued to charge my account their monthly cost of $187.13. Spoke to the manager at the Suffolk county NY branch who assured me that all my money will be reimbursed to my account within days… 3 weeks later my funds have still not been reimbursed. After calling Aptive numerous times to speak looking to management, the receptionist refuses to transfer my call and I have yet to receive a call back. STAY FAR AWAY FROM APTIVE! Use another service!

Joseph Nunez CA

I have been trying to locate the headquarters for the past three days and they have not resolved my issues. I continued to get transferred to Termite services which has nothing to do with Aptive Environmental services and they had no clue why I was transferred to them twice. Aptive does not service my area and I wanted to cancel my plan. They said a supervisor would call me back and they have not contacted me. Is this company a fraud or what so I can report them to the bureau. There headquarters are located in Utah and I have two phone numbers that get transferred to voicemails saying they will call me back if I leave my information and they have not contacted me. This company is not providing good services!

Randi Jensen Raeford, NC

We have had 3 quarterly aptive treatments so far on top of an extra treatment between services (5 services total) and the fire ants were still completely taking over our back yard. Our kids got eaten alive every time they went outside!!! We even flagged the hills in our yard to help out with ant location. It got to the point we couldn’t take it anymore! We bought “Taurus sc” for half the price of one Aptive service and did it ourselves 3 months ago. We haven’t seen an ant ever since... if you want the bugs gone, I do not recommend Aptive Environmental and very highly recommend Taurus sc diy pest control. We still have enough product for a whole extra treatment! On top of the poor effectiveness they will not release us from the contract despite the product not working.

Dyan Kirkland Rosemount, MN

Poor communication!!!! A service pro came to my home on 6/25/21 and left without finishing the job. I tried calling the local office to see if there was a problem and to have him finish. ALL I GET WHEN I CALL IS CALIFORNIA, NY, TX!! The responder says they will let the local Edina, MN office to call me. AFTER DAYS OF WAITING and multiple phone calls to the basic 800 number (the ONLY number you can reach) I finally called BBB. I would think that such a call and report would spur on this company. They have not responded. They don't care. They billed me $130. on my credit card. I have had Aptiv for about three years. Ever since covid, they service has gone down hill. The most disgusting is not being able to talk to the local manager to address what we were trying to achieve in my back yard. All they had to do was call me. Ugh!! Terrible management.

Michael Sharp Fuquay-Varina, NC

Edit: When I told the representative that reached out to retain my business that the company's service was poor, they respond with "Don't know where you got that info. You should probably do more research", followed by links to ranking websites. Link to transcript below. No thanks Aptive for the crappy service, but much thanks for the laugh. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CAbpgKeZzQgrffwF9 Original: Company is either entirely a scam, or, my guess, is that their technicians are all contractors and their management, incentive structure, or something like is completely inadequate. A polite and seemingly knowledgeable salesman knocked on my door offering a steep discount on indoor and outdoor pest control services. Environmentally friendly, safe for pets and kids, etc. He said they were in the neighborhood servicing other homes and they wanted to fill the remaining slots for the day, hence the discounts. I agreed, trying not to overthink it, and set up an appointment for a few hours later. Shortly before the time, a technician called and advised that he was down from Richmond, VA helping service the area, and that he had run into a ditch because he wasn't used to the roads. Sounded a bit odd but hey, things happen. No big deal. Received a call the next day to reschedule for the next week. Shortly before the second, first appointment. I get a text message from a technician saying that they would not be able to make the appointment due to 'medical emergencies'... Right. When you sign up, the company requires you to sign a contract for one or two years of service, and if you cancel you must pay a penalty of several hundreds of dollars. In the fine print of the service agreement though, it states that you may cancel within three days of signing up with no cost or penalty. I called the office in Cary. Despite a long hold time, I was able to cancel without any hassle, despite being outside the three day window. The representative I spoke to was quick and professional at least. Shortly after I began receiving text messages from their retention department offering deals to stay on board. It's clear the focus of this company is selling, not service.

Alfred Ray Modesto, CA

Mr. H. was amazing. He made sure that my yard was absolutely for free. He made sure all the eaves we’re clean and free of spiderwebs. Make sure you get that guy as your technician.

Feb. 9th, 2021

Len Wehrung Houston, TX

A good service with great technicians. I only wish they were easier to contact by phone. My local office has you on a VM tape loop for 20 minutes or more before telling you that nobody can take your call and to leave a message. VERY POOR customer service, in my opinion.

Vicki Kestermont Kansas City, MO

It doesn’t work and we have ants in our house. I watch these guys spray and there is no effort, it’s all high level and high above the house edges versus a direct point and spray. The very first treatment appeared pointed and professional. We have now canceled our membership.

praveen kalasker Dallas, TX

I did not call for service for second time and they came to my home and charged to my card. I clearly told them just need one time service and not for multiple times. Even after comming to my home clearly asked them are you charging to my card - they said no. I called serveral times to customer service and complained and did not respond my queries - simply they are saying manager has to respond. is that manager still there or not to respond? Not sure they are making money by making fraud like this customers? please refund my account as soon as possible and do not come to my home again

Moses chapman Seattle, WA

Worst service.! If allowed I would give 0 stars. First service the employees said they don’t service the interior which according to aptive they do. Second visit was a no show but I was still charged because the employee said they serviced my home! Third visit for a 4000 sq ft home took 7 minutes. No spider webs were knocked down outside as requested. So I called and canceled service. One month later my account was charged a cancellation fee. If you live in Washington stay away!!!! Go with Orkin much more professional and employees are mature and thorough.

kelliann Cabezas Hauppauge, NY

Most of the techs came to my house unprepared and several services had to be rescheduled. After 4 treatments I still had spiders, mosquitoes and got a wasps nest! The area manager reached out to see why I have an unhappy rating and I responded with all our issues and I never heard back. My husband and I feel taken advantage of. Biggest waste of money. We thought we were doing something good for our home and our kids. We had high hopes but were 100% let down.

Billy Matheney Knoxville, TN

They have lied since knocking on my door telling me they can remove all this and that and never lived up to it. Increased spiders and ants. Came twice and never showed up for the 3 rd time after they dodged me for 2 weeks. Then got back with me and told me they would be there and never came. Then want to charge h to cancel. Don’t use this company. They are horrible and irk how the hell they got 4.5 stars!

David Holcomb Carpentersville, IL

I'm not impressed. My mom recently passed away and I am getting her house ready to sell. She is/was paying these guys $99/mo for pest control, and I found a big wasp nest going into her house siding. Are they really controlling pests? A big "NO" in my opinion. And by the way, I've been at her house quite a bit lately getting it ready to sell, and I've never seen them around. So why are they charging her $99/mo??? I hope other people have a better experience than ours.