Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.7

LAST UPDATED: February 19th, 2024

Aptive Environmental, founded in 2015, is one of the fastest-growing residential pest control services in North America. The company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is EPA approved and provides versatile year-round pest control solutions that are customized to customer needs.

Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

Jump down to read Aptive Environmental reviews below.

The Good

• EPA Approved Pest Control Products
  • Simple and Customizable Pest Control
  • Wide Range of Targeted Pests
  • United to Beat Malaria Campaign
  • Aptive Reviews

EPA Approved Pest Control Products

Aptive's pest control products and applications are EPA approved, indicating that they are safe for the environment and your home, and that your health will be protected upon application of your pest control treatment.

Simple and Customizable Pest Control

Aptive doesn't offer a one-size-fits-all pest control solution. Instead, the company offers customizable pest control treatments that will meet your needs and protect your home. The Aptive pest control process is simple and includes the following three steps:

1. Pick your pest control plan
  2. Get your pest control
  3. Choose treatment frequency

Based on the pest control plan that you choose, a treatment schedule will be determined, ensuring that an Aptive technician visits your home regularly to keep pests away. If pests come back, Aptive offers re-services at no additional cost.

Wide Range of Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, or Thief Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

United to Beat Malaria Campaign

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "United to Beat Malaria" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to United to Beat Malaria on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assessments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not offer mosquito treatments.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company's pest control products and applications are EPA approved, indicating that the company is mindful about its environmental impact. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Bonnie Anderson Central Islip, NY

Gary was a perfect gentleman. Put on his booties to come inside to treat for ladybugs. I appreciated that admitted he didn't know how to treat for them and he called to find out how to treat for them and carried it out. We can't all know everything but we can all ask for assistance.

Margaret Mcmenamy

I like Ryan because always is so nice and introduces himself. When he is done he tells me everything he has done. He does a thorough job all the time. It’s nice to have the same person because you know who he is and talking to him is very easy. I must say u have a fine tech working for you and knows the problems I have.

Yuliya Filippova NA

Michelle Duncan NA

Anna Vessa New Jersey

Carla Lassiter White Plains, NY

I love how quickly the technicians respond and the thoroughness of treating the inside And outside of my home. I love the reservice option and how quickly appointments are made and completed.

Jim Geraghty Whippany, NJ

Great pre visit communication, great post visit communication. Could not have been happier with the service from Ja'mere today and the overall service provided by adaptive on each visit.

Donna Salvo Morristown, NJ

Ryan was polite and professional. He was also very informative and thorough. He even texted me with advance notice of his arrival. I am very pleased with the service he provided.

jmucha1952

As usual, great, friendly service. I really appreciate the advance notice and head-up from the technician (Pedro this time!) It let me get me dogs squared away! Your service has been outstanding.

Paul Babula Selden, NY

I would just like to say Steven has been absolutely amazing. I have had other techs on-site and my security cameras have caught them servicing my property for about 4-5 minutes then leaving. Every time Steven has been assigned to my property I know the full treatment will be completed and I have nothing to worry about. If I could have Steven assigned to my property for all service visits I definitely see my self renewing my service contract when it expires. As mentioned if Steven was assigned for all my visits I would have no issues giving aptive a 5 star rating in every aspect.

Saul Gomez Chesapeake, VA

I signed up for Aptive and after several instances of technicians "mimicking" as if they were disbursing out granulets, I ended the contract. I have a 360 degree visibility of my home via my home security camera system and observed the technicians run out of granulates and then pretend to put them down on the remainder of my property. I overlooked the first instance, and then called after the second one...and several other instances is what broke the camel's back. Customer service "wiaved" the early termination fee, yet still charged me for the service that wasn't completely fufilled. I went on travel abroad for some months, and when I returned, I had a collections notice for $149, premised on the services 'rendered'. After several instances of unethical practices, it's easy to see that this is a breach of contract - however, Aptive's "management" is citing they cannot do anything since the charges are already in collections. BEWARE of this company - while their products do seem to work, their practices (by way of some of their technicians) are shady at best. I really tried to work this out, to no avail.

Kevin Fernandez Montclair, NJ

Their technicians come at regular intervals, perform their service and send pictures via text of everything done - they’ve always been friendly and on time.

Emily Simmons

Cons: Expensive. Not all technicians are thorough if I’m not home to instruct. I hardly ever get advanced notice of what time in the day they will be arriving other than like 10min right before. I wish there were more organic options. Pros: little to no pests.

John Wappel Orange, NJ

Gary did the job with care and detail.I reviewed the job and found to great. He is the type of employee your company should be proud of having servicing your customers. 10 would better than five stars. JW

Fernando Gyorfy Hillsborough, NJ

Aptive has been a great provider for many years. They have great technicians. Today Benny was the one that came to my house, asked for what issues I have been facing, what help do I need, how he could be of any assistance and he offered to replace all traps in my garage and spray it. Great job Benny!

Joseph Mele East Rutherford, NJ

Naseem was excellent. We are so pleased with his work. He is very professional, helpful, thorough and friendly. He is a wonderful representative of your company. We would be very happy if he could conduct our service every time.

James Eisele

I had service professional Felix service my house today and he was exceptional! He was very knowledgeable, professional, polite and answered every question I had and explained everything very thoroughly. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Marvin Aarons West Milford, NJ

Jason is very knowledgeable and answered our questions about the products being used as well as the processes involved with the service visit. We provided access inside our home and he went to every room to treat the areas as required. Thanks again Jason and the Aptive team for a job well done! - Marvin

Michele Payne Livingston, NJ

Technician was on time and very efficient. He listened and acted as requested when I asked him not to spray the deck because there was a stray cat and kitten there. He was extremely pleasant during our conversation and I appreciated his empathy regarding my broken ankle. Very nice man!

Mariano ( Doc) Gianni Brooklyn, NY

I appreciated the talking to the young man before he did his work on the house and my concerns. I feel that all the tecks should speak to the to me about any problems that I may see or know of. For today I will give a 5 star.

Jerry Siao Livingston, NJ

Since I signed up - I had 3 different folks work on my property but Gary has by far super exceed the others. He took the time and effort on the job. The others are in and out relatively quickly. This service call make me more willing to recommend Adaptive to others. Will see future work. However, the scheduling and website does not work well at all and is one important factor for me

Donna Cobb Hackettstown, NJ

Yesterday was my first introduction to your company. I had the pleasure to meet your salesperson Connor who earned my business. Later that day I had my first service . Jason was my service rep who could not have been more attentive to my needs that I had discussed with Connor earlier in the day. I had a horrible hornet’s nest that he addressed immediately. He made me aware of all of the procedures and efficacy oF the products that were used. Both of your representatives are consummate professionals and I look forward to doing business with your company.

Daniel Castro Phillipsburg, NJ

My tech TJ is awesome. Professional. Polite. Detailed in his work. He should be promoted and utilized as an Ambassador for other field techs. I think he needs to be utilized for his strengths to help grow business which will be sustainable excellence in customer service in the field. That will create long term relationships and word of mouth opportunities for sales. I know talent as a former executive. Act quickly. People that care, like TJ with skills and education is rare in your industry. TJ is, amazing! Aptiv, please don’t disappoint me like GREENIX did.

Janice Wickert Flanders, NJ

Shammal was absolutely wonderful. He is committed and diligent to his job. It is quite prevalent that he takes pride in what he does. He has a great personality and conquered our huge wasps nest! He was determined, and he did it! I must say he is the best out of all the people we have had come here from Aptive! I would like to request him for my future treatments. He is a 10!!! Thank you!!!

Hector Vega Miami, FL

I keep insisting that I don't need someone to come by every 2 weeks in the snow but it for some reason it isn't understood. The last time I accepted since the contract called for a visit every 3 months and I let the tech in to do the garage. Not happy that I wasn't notified until the day of the appointment

Keith N Kat Davis

Ryan was very pleasant and courteous. He explained what he was going to do and I was able to continue working without disruptions.

Kim

Our technician Pedro was polite and courteous. He informed us what he was going to do and safety concerns to be aware of for our pets.

Imee Tabug Westfield, NJ

I like the professionalism of this company. It is also easy to reschedule appointments and they are available when you call them.

Ray Vega Miami, FL

It really is incredible service!!!! Rain shine snow and freezing temperatures these guys come and provide the service. Incredible!!

Elizabeth Kennedy Burns, TN

This company is a complete scam! DONT USE THEM! I live on over a half acre and the tech would spend only 10 mins spraying my yard and then sit in his struck for 15 mins. He also left the water running on the hose when he filled up the tank, when I mentioned this to him on his next visit he started yelling at me on my front porch. Custom service said they would have a different tech come out to service my yard, which only happened once. They send me a text message of service dates and then when it comes time for the appointment I get a text that says, “an Aptive service professional visited your home for an appointment on but it looks like we missed you.“ I work from home and have been for every appointment. To make matters worst the bug problem has only gotten worst since having their service.

Jamie Yorke Livingston, NJ

Felix provided a fantastic service from start to finish with great communication and attention to detail… Definitely a great example of customer service

Pete Mahoney Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Gary was polite and friendly. he explained everything that he was doing. he even went out of his way to remove the remains of a bird nest in one of our eaves! very thorough.

3 months ago Edited December 20, 2023

Timothy Marzinke West Milford, NJ

Great customer service! Listen to my concerns and address them ! Did a careful inspection of my property and took care of adding additional bate stations to my rodent problem .

4 months ago Edited January 26, 2024

Michele Chemidlin

We receive an update after every visit about what they did and pictures of action taken and/or possible areas that might need attention such as small access points. Everyone has been extremely thorough and pleasant.

Elaine Reichert West Milford, NJ

I really appreciate the service. Especially that the agent was very courtesy: sending a text before coming, ring the door bell to meet me and texting when the job is done with a "Thank you" as well.

Mike Jiran Cranford, NJ

The technician told us when he was coming, checked to see if we had any specific issues besides our regular scheduled service, and explained the service he did when it was complete.

Wendell Rodriguez Philadelphia, PA

Garry provided an excellent service today. I asked him to do a couple other things around my house for me, like spraying my garage and my shed and he did it no questions asked.

Al Dejewski

This technician is your best and most valuable team member! He is professional and personable. Remembered my prior issues and offered to review and retreat those areas. Highly recommend him!!

Thomas Davidson Westwood, NJ

Great service from Nafeel. He called 30 minutes before arriving, let me know that he would be here. Was on time, and punctual. Took the necessary time to do a complete treatment and provided with documentation and proof of service.

Gerald OBrien Sparta, NJ

I greeted the technician when he arrived and informed him of the pest issues we had. I told him that I had been seeing black ants around the back patio, back steps and around the chimney and that side of the house. He was nice but he said because of the rain spraying might be ineffective because the rain would wash it away. Please call back to treat for the ants we are seeing when dry conditions exist. Thank you

Spiro Potamianos Montville, NJ

Gary came today and serviced my property. He came to the door introduced himself and stated the work he was going to complete. He also asked if I wanted to review my plan. Unfortunately. I did not have the time to do so. He proceeded to spray the property and I could not be happier. He can come and service my property any time he can.

Chris HK

Juan was really thorough and very professional. He pointed out something to me that was a suspicion since my last pest control company -- a yellow jacket's nest on my house -- and took care of it, unlike the last company. I'm really thankful for his professionalism, plus his nice, pleasant demeanor.

Manny Domantay

Kenai was very professional and attentive to my specific issue to address a wasp nest in the property. He was diligent on taking images and advising me what he has done to remediate the problem. Finally, he managed my expectations that it would take a few days for the wasps to migrate elsewhere. Kudos!

Albert Guazzo Wayne, NJ

Jason provide a quality service in a positive and professional manner. He answered my questions and gave me clear expectations as to what he was going to do. He also addressed my concerns. At this point I want to have more experience with the results before I give my full recommendation but I am pleased thus far.

7 months ago Edited October 17, 2023

Denise Azzato Valley Stream, NY

TJ is very accommodating and helpful. He always lets us know what he has done and when he is finished. If there’s anything That we need, he takes care of it. Aptiva is also pet friendly. I have never had any issues with them at all! I would recommend them.

alexis skorinko Miami, FL

All of your techs who have come out have been professional, polite, attentive, and willing to help out with my special requests, even coming back to the home at another time to complete the request. I am very pleased with your service, including customer service. Thank You, Alexis Skorinko

7 months ago Edited October 10, 2023

Judith Dubberke

Manny was very professional and attentive to the tenants needs. He respected that she was sleeping after working all night and communicated with me throughout the process. I received pictures of what he had done, what to expect, suggestions and warnings about not going on the lawn for 2 hours. I really appreciated that. Thank you

atul sharma

The guy was very meticulous in doing the job. Despite being third visit, the bait boxes were empty and not filled during the last visit and as a result, there is a mouse in the backyard. Basement has numerous spiders which were shown to the service guy. Ants are still all around the premise and in the kitchen. Not satisfied by Aptive till date. The review is for overall service and not this visit.

Karen Neus Tenafly, NJ

The technicians are excellent with communication, sending texts before they arrive, and after with photos of their work. I have not had a problem with mosquitoes or ticks this year, which I attribute to the monthly treatments.

Timothy Haase

Yazzi was very nice and offered to spray a particular plant that was showing evidence of bugs. Very attentive and did a thorough job. Cleaned all the windows and awnings, which is nice because my wife is deathly afraid of spiders.