Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.9

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Special Offer
Aptive Environmental is currently offering
the following special promotion:

• $50 off the Initial Service

To redeem this offer, call NOW
with promo code "enjoy".

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.
Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Mike Parsons Sandusky, MI

Enrico has serviced the house on a number of occasions and done an A+ job...Even making a special trip to treat an ant issue👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bookmark

Featured Review

Deborah Brooksville, FL

I answered the door and thought, another sales pitch. Was I ever wrong. This was a down to earth, comfortable conversation with a smile as big as joy can show. Holly (sp) was knowledgeable, professional, patient as she came back later, not pushing and so showed the company goal of customer satisfaction . Would have to give her a ten out of ten if anyone is keeping track😁 Nigeria came today to start the initial treatment for the bug problem we have. He was just great, being professional, courteous, thorough, recommended helpful things going forward. Spent extra time hitting each fire ant pocket and several times asked if he could help with any other needs. Do you score 200 on a 100 scale? Thanks Nigeria.

roo j Pasadena, MD

Very responsive and quick to meet my needs - I recently added new mulch to my flowerbed and shortly thereafter began to see spider webs around my front window shutters. When a Black Widow showed itself, I immediately called to see when they could someone. The next morning, Antonio showed up at my front door and was extremely polite, knowledgeable and thorough. He treated the entire flowerbed, all my downspouts, roof eaves and potential spider-haunts around the exterior of my home. He even made sure I was scheduled for a follow-up treatment in a few weeks. Knowing that I can call at a moments notice and get excellent service and response gives me a lot of peace of mind!

LaRhonnica Williams Katy, TX

Jamaal C is an outstanding technician. He is very customer friendly and pays attention to detail. He takes the time to ask about any concerns and addresses them. What I liked the most is his dedication to make certain to assure us that he took care of our concerns we told him about at the end of his visit. I would request for him to continue to treat our home for future sevices.

Alycia Murdie Knoxville, TN

Joseph X. W. From Knoxville, TN Was amazing!!! We have use Aptive for a year now and today was the best experience we've had! He was very easy to talk with. We had some concerns and he helped with those. We had him check the outside today, and he made sure he got every corner! I would highly recommend him again for our future treatments, or for anyone else. He was amazing at his job!! Thank you!!

Rebecca D Sterling Heights, MI

Brian our sales person was awesome. Knowledgeable and not pushy. Very information and great customer service. Our tech Andrew J was simply amazing as well. He was so thorough and information. They both take a lot of pride in their jobs. Aptive is lucky to have people with these skills on their team. Thanks guys. You are amazing!! I will highly recommend y’all to all of my friends. Thanks Rebecca D.

Myra Suarez Sugar Land, TX

The service was great. The Aptive tech that came to my house was Tracy. He was very professional. He introduced himself, showed his badge, asked if I had any concerns, then explained what he was going to do. I’m so glad I went with Aptive.

Wayne Miller Sugar Land, TX

Jonathan S is very knowledgeable and very pleasant and friendly. He initially explained the treatment plan and about the various chemicals used. He did a very careful job treating my interior baseboards. He overall did a fantastic job.

Maryanne D. Hoffman, NJ

Aptive is easy to schedule, they return for treatments if needed, and have very knowledgeable technicians. Our technician, Durell J. did a great job. I left a note on my door explaining our needs while leaving for a walk. Durell not only did what was needed but found a hidden wasps nest close to our front door. I was more than pleased with the Aptive service.

Gerald E Lusch Troy, MI

Enrico texted me the day before he was to come out to my home. He said he would arrive between 7-8 am. He also texted me that he had arrived at 7:05. We spoke briefly, he was courteous and informative. I asked if the rain we were having would affect the treatment, but he informed me that since the chemicals are mixed with water, it is not a problem.

Steve Cann Bowie, MD

Kolawole was courteous and prompt and took great care to service my home. He also provided several glue traps at my request for the “alien insects” camel crickets. Very nice man.

20 hours ago

Robert Gowatski Greensburg, PA

My Technician Devon S from Aptive was courtesy and concise. He really made sure I understood the process and what I was getting. He performed my service quickly and efficiently. 100% recommend!

ian clouse Festus, MO

Active has done a great job, really helping to keep ants and bees especially away. I trust our technician Sean and he is very professional and friendly. He always does a fantastic job, and remembers I have a bee allergy.

Amanda Hartlove Odenton, MD

Fast service where another company I called next appt was over a week to wait. Terrell was friendly and funny. Fast service and on time. Love the 24 month plan where I can get a spray every few months to keep the bugs away! Seems we have an ant issue every summer so we need this service. Highly recommend.

Kristen Renkes Oakdale, PA

Setting up service was an easy process. The technician was friendly, explained the process before getting started, and explained what would happen between today and their next visit. If I have any issues before his next visit, I can call anytime for free additional services.

Yelena Shmurak Newtown, PA

A second Aptive (pest control) visit, served by Juliette. Very pleased and happy with the last serves! Juliette was very nice and experienced. Explained every step she was doing, and professionally accomplished that, didn't miss any corner! :) Definitely want to continue using her serves. Thank you Juliette!!!

Lisa Ganzaroli East Brunswick, NJ

I was very pleased with the tech Elias M. He was very informative and friendly. He explained everything he was doing and also pointed out some things that needed to be done. I would highly recommend this company. LG of East Brunswick, NJ

lana turner Avon, IN

I like the Aptive Environmental company as they are affordable, reliable and keep the pests away. We are transfering our service any time we move, very pleased with the price for continues customers and services that we recieve.

dorothy rosato Fair Lawn, NJ

they called and my experience was wonderful, they came with four of the nicest people one can imagine. They were knowledgeable and kind to my questions. They did whatever I needed to be done, The experience was commendable, they were so very nice, it was a pleasure to let them into my home and I was rewarded by 3 men and 1 very personable young lady. Thank you so much for letting me have the opportunity to express my thanks. Aptive Rocks with customer service..

Action Hero Millersville, MD

Aptive has continued to give great service for my house by always going above and beyond during their service calls. Sean not only did the usual areas, but also sprayed my fence perimeter, around my shed, and the entire back yard. Any time we need extra attention somewhere Aptive is happy to oblige. All the service technicians, including Sean, have been friendly and engaging. —Rob S.

Tana Twet-Meister Las Vegas, NV

We have used a price for a few years now. Very great service. We generally don’t see any bugs alive, we just see the dead’s ones occasionally. Recently we had Rich out to service our home. Rich was so knowledgeable about his product and where bugs tend to live. He was so professional and I really enjoyed learning a bit more about pest control. I know many of their technicians are great. We love Rich and aptive because I really do not love bugs!!!

Don Hubbuch Spring Hill, TN

I called Aptive for a respray because I was not home to let them in the last time. David was my technician and is always very friendly and knowledgeable . Don H.

Dyan Kirkland Rosemount, MN

Poor communication!!!! A service pro came to my home on 6/25/21 and left without finishing the job. I tried calling the local office to see if there was a problem and to have him finish. ALL I GET WHEN I CALL IS CALIFORNIA, NY, TX!! The responder says they will let the local Edina, MN office to call me. AFTER DAYS OF WAITING and multiple phone calls to the basic 800 number (the ONLY number you can reach) I finally called BBB. I would think that such a call and report would spur on this company. They have not responded. They don't care. They billed me $130. on my credit card. I have had Aptiv for about three years. Ever since covid, they service has gone down hill. The most disgusting is not being able to talk to the local manager to address what we were trying to achieve in my back yard. All they had to do was call me. Ugh!! Terrible management.

Puss on the Boots Aldie, VA

Ariel R Tanner did an outstanding job, he went above and beyond to treat the areas of concern. This young man was very knowledgeable and polite and new his craft. Please consider sending him over my property for every treatment. From 1 to 10, I rate him a 10. Great job!

Lisa Yankanich Chesapeake Beach, MD

Marquis B. was our Aptive technician, and he was very knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. He helped me understand Aptive’s approach to pest mitigation and answered all questions thoroughly. Thank you, Marquis and thank you, Aptive!

Kristen Griffin Florham Park, NJ

Tejinder Kaushal Provided pest control services at my house today. He took the time to walk me through every step of the process and made sure I was comfortable. Being that I am pregnant (and have two dogs) he made sure to walk me through what I needed to do to keep my family safe. Amazing!

Brad R. Elk River, MN

Erich Worm-Beneke was very knowledgeable about the insects specific to my area, extremely thorough, professional, and quick. Plus, the service was performed on a recognized holiday, which, to me, shows his dedication to his job. Brad R.

Scott Palmer Cedar Park, TX

Aptive is a very good pest control company and their techs do a good job. Today I thought Jacob L. was outstanding because he answered all my questions and then did the work. The only issue I have with them, is I like the inside of my home treated which means I need to be there and I always have to call the office to be sure the tech knows to let me know when he will be here. Other than that they are great. Jacob called me and let me know when he would arrive.

Ed Maschmann Ballwin, MO

Great customer service! I called about a springtail problem. They came out quickly, asked lots of questions, and looked around to see if there were any other problem areas. Charles was very friendly and went above and beyond!

Karen Sonnenberg Arnold, MO

We had been using Aptive for years at our prior residence and called and set up service as soon as we had moved into our new home. Cory was our service rep today and was professional and very knowledgeable. Told us to call if we had any questions. We had great service with Aptive before and have no doubt we will this time.

melissa macias Las Vegas, NV

Clark serviced my home. He was absolutely professional very very thorough on what was treated and what services he completed. Fast, friendly, and courteous throughout the whole process!! Thank you Clark, even with the heat he worked very hard at getting everything covered and sprayed!👍👍👍👍

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I used to live on a farm were wildlife often found it ways inside your house. This problem was usually solved by finding the creature and relocating it but other pests like mice simply needed to be permanently removed. Aptive Environmnet has many products that work effectively which is something that I learned from experience. I highly recommend them to anyone with a mouse problem.

Sam Chicago, IL

William C. did an excellent job explaining what he was going to do and the chemicals he was using would not harm my pets.

Stephen Pastor Nashville, TN

My name is Stephen Pastor. George and Robert serviced our house. Explained the process well and were very friendly. Highly recommend.

sue koch St Louis, MO

Lawrence showed up on time, listened to my concerns and took care of busines in a timely manner. I'd like to keep him as my technician.

Justin Derisley Bloomfield Hills, MI

Conor L. Was amazing. I live in the woods and have a spider problem. Conor went the extra mile and swept the cobwebs off the windows and did a great job. Thank you Conor.

Tammie Gonzalez Concord, CA

Jonathon did a great job. Notified me when he would be arriving When he arrived asked about area and any concerns After service made me aware of areas and how to avoid treated areas. Thanks Tammie G

Felicia Kovach Carnegie, PA

Cordell H. came today to apply the first treatment. He explained everything he’d do and what could be expected in subsequent visits. He let me know of his arrival and also let me know when he was leaving and when it was safe to let the dog out. Since it was just the first treatment, I can’t speak to effectiveness yet.

Larry L Brunswick, OH

The service tech Curtis H. did an excellent job providing service today, explained thoroughly the process and everything he did before and after. Really professional, also appreciate notifying me before the appointment.

Todd B Redmond, WA

Bob came out and made sure that my pest control concerns were addressed. I am very happy with treatments applied and all explanations given. Couldn’t be happier with his friendliness and willingness to go the extra mile!

Brad Houston, TX

Justin did an amazing job. He was very professional and polite and went above and beyond. He not only enlightened us in the company’s products and how it works but he also was very knowledgeable and personable as well. We would definitely recommend the company and would use him again in the future.

Debra Cresent Saint Clair Shores, MI

The people I met who represent the company were very friendly and helpful. They knew what to look for. Overall I’m very pleased and felt comfortable that I chose a good company to do the job. I also really liked the technician Andrew J. I would like to have him do the other treatments. Very personable.

Vito D'Alessandro Glendora, CA

Your service technician was here this morning ........his attitude was great, friendly and he even invited me to follow him as we joked about him doing a thorough job. always satisfied with the service and the reps that provide the service. VitoD

Kris Paramus, NJ

Aptive Environmental is the best for all your bug issues. I have been using them for quite a while now and my home is virtually bug free. If I ever have an issue they quickly resolve it. Rasheed B. did my quarterly service last Friday and he was so thorough and professional. He even took and sent me pictures of all the places outside my home that he treated. Job very well done!! Thank You!!!

dj claypool Vista, CA

The 5 star is for one of Aptive's technicians, Nicholas M. He is very professional, thorough and their best technician!!! He reminds me of what Aptive (Corporate and technicians) were like where they were starting in my area. Unfortunately, the company is awful, but he keeps me with them. 10 stars Nicholas!!!!! Aptive Environmental - you get negative 5 squares... no stars for you!!! 5 years ago, Aptive Environmental would have gotten a 5 star review, Corporate changed everything - no longer have any customer service, no contact with a person (other than their poor tech's who are given different information than what Corporate says ...i.e. email stating your service date and time frame for tech to arrive and then tech's schedule is completely different than what email states).

C Beaudet Auburn Hills, MI

Today Eric explained all he was doing. I did not feel he rushed and took his time. Thanks Eric My name is Claire B.

Silvia T Katy, TX

Gregory was so kind. Listened to my needs regarding spiders that are always returning due to the lake.

June Nunn Frederick, MD

Zach was awesome, very patient with my questions and alleviated my concerns. Great person and wonderful attitude, especially for a Saturday morning. :)

Jill Cole Pittsburgh, PA

They told me at 2. I called and they said a 2 hour window 2 to 4 so at 4 I called back. They say it's a 4 hour window 2 to 6 so at 6 I call back. The guy calls the one in brideville 10 times and they never pick up so I had to reschedule. I waited till 8 just incase and they never showed up or called. I had stuff to do and I sat there all day waiting is that how u treat ur new customers. Not happy at all with them.

Michael Sharp Fuquay-Varina, NC

Edit: When I told the representative that reached out to retain my business that the company's service was poor, they respond with "Don't know where you got that info. You should probably do more research", followed by links to ranking websites. Link to transcript below. No thanks Aptive for the crappy service, but much thanks for the laugh. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CAbpgKeZzQgrffwF9 Original: Company is either entirely a scam, or, my guess, is that their technicians are all contractors and their management, incentive structure, or something like is completely inadequate. A polite and seemingly knowledgeable salesman knocked on my door offering a steep discount on indoor and outdoor pest control services. Environmentally friendly, safe for pets and kids, etc. He said they were in the neighborhood servicing other homes and they wanted to fill the remaining slots for the day, hence the discounts. I agreed, trying not to overthink it, and set up an appointment for a few hours later. Shortly before the time, a technician called and advised that he was down from Richmond, VA helping service the area, and that he had run into a ditch because he wasn't used to the roads. Sounded a bit odd but hey, things happen. No big deal. Received a call the next day to reschedule for the next week. Shortly before the second, first appointment. I get a text message from a technician saying that they would not be able to make the appointment due to 'medical emergencies'... Right. When you sign up, the company requires you to sign a contract for one or two years of service, and if you cancel you must pay a penalty of several hundreds of dollars. In the fine print of the service agreement though, it states that you may cancel within three days of signing up with no cost or penalty. I called the office in Cary. Despite a long hold time, I was able to cancel without any hassle, despite being outside the three day window. The representative I spoke to was quick and professional at least. Shortly after I began receiving text messages from their retention department offering deals to stay on board. It's clear the focus of this company is selling, not service.