Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide services to treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 25 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • South Carolina
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry and its limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc.

We do not treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Nedin Tena
November 13th, 2019 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

Very professional and asked if we had any issues, so we told him about the spiders, he said, no problem, but if for some reason, before the next service, if they come back, to call for another service!

Eric L.
November 13th, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Aptive is both reasonably priced and super effective. We had major tick and flea issues with our dogs before we started used their service. We haven’t seen a tick on our dog since. Our most recent service by Abigael G was on par with the excellence we’ve come to expect. Abigael was super accommodating and he went above our expectations in terms of his fastidiousness regarding the job at hand. Thanks, Abigael!

Vincent
November 13th, 2019 Saratoga, TX DETAILS

Tech was knowledgeable, efficient, and courteous

guanghui guo
November 13th, 2019 Bothell, WA DETAILS

Very good service, swept every corner of my house outside

Tom Schneider
November 13th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

Service tech was on time, polite, attentive to informing me about my site condition and efficient at his treatment

Stacy Miller
November 13th, 2019 Auburn, WA DETAILS

She was super friendly, courteous, and detail oriented, helping to explain and show me about bees, as well as spiders we are seeing.

Claudia Bailey
November 13th, 2019 DETAILS

He came while we were still asleep, so I have no way of knowing what he did. i saw all the spider webs still on the front entry, so again, I cannot confirm that he took care of business. He could not have checked the wasp nests because they were in a locked shed down at our beach. Would like a call in advance of arrival the next time. Thank you

Gurvinder Singh Kandhola
November 13th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS

Very good service, explained in detail about the service and the precautions that need to be taken.

Shelly
November 13th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS

I just had my first service with Aptive and I am highly impressed. My technician Damian was really nice and really went above and beyond! I am a very happy customer thus far! Their price also beat other competitors in the area that I received quotes from.

Cathy Yarbrough Brower
November 13th, 2019 Riverview, FL DETAILS

We are happy with the technicians, service and effectiveness of the products Aptive uses. Wes came out to give us a re-service because we had ants all throughout the house. After his service, we came home to no more ants. YAY!! The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because I had to call twice for the re-service.

David
November 13th, 2019 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

Super, one call and they're on it quick.

KERI LYNN
November 13th, 2019 West Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Dan was very professional and helpful with any question I asked him regarding our service.

Ken Stadelman
November 13th, 2019 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

All Service Technicians have been great and have done a thorough job to the best of their abilities. Only issue I have is with corporate requiring their technicians to perform service regardless of the weather situations. We asked the service technician to return after rain & thunderstorm stopped & he complied. However, he returned 5 minutes later with orders from the office to perform their duties regardless of the weather conditions. This management decision: 1) put the service technician at risk 2) Increased potential for washing away any chemicals that he would be applying. 3) Could not properly treat for fire/red ant beds since they were not visible in the pouring rain As a customer, we should have a voice regarding conditions during application and we are concerned with the safety of the service technician while they are on our property.

Jankowski Family
November 13th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

I especially want to make mention of Mr. James D of Aptive Environmental who did an excellent job of targeting and spraying around our home.

Jose L Martinez
November 13th, 2019 La Porte, TX DETAILS

The technician was very professional; he explained everything he was going to do.

David catala
November 13th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Really professional great attitude and informative. I’ve had their service for about 5 months now yet made sure to inform me that they could come back st unscheduled treatments for free if I’m having new bug problems . So awesome

Rory Virostko
November 13th, 2019 Springfield, VA DETAILS

Patrick was very prompt. He called 30 minutes prior to arrival, and when he showed up immediately started to service the house. He made sure to address all of the concerns I had and even helped me on an unrelated issue.

Ken peliksza
November 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Wes was ontime and done quickly. Which i appreciate. So far i love the service.

YSB
November 13th, 2019 Monsey, NY DETAILS

I got an email notice about the service appointment but I didn't see it for some reason. The technician showed up and didn't tell anyone he was here even though I was home. I can only hope he did what he said he did.

Sylvia Lohr
November 13th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

Excellent service, as usual! The technician today was polite, informative and very efficient! Great job, as always.

Philip
November 13th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I made my appointment for 2-4pm on the phone with customer service. Technician showed up at 8am and we missed the technician. We were unable to get him to spray the inside of the house. As a new customer, I'm not very happy with this time management, because time is very important to me. I don't think was the technician's fault, probably the customer service. I will likely not continue with Aptive Service after my initial contract is finished, if service is inconsistent.

Julie Wilkison
November 13th, 2019 Ballwin, MO DETAILS

Our technician, Kevin B, was polite and very professional and demonstrated a surprising knowledge of the nuances of our subdivision. He was thorough inside and out. He also did some educating on what he was looking for while inspecting our kitchen - and put us at ease when he didn't find any evidence of unwanted guests!

Robbi E.
November 13th, 2019 Antelope, CA DETAILS

Circus was very professional and considerate. Very much appreciated him asking if I wanted him to let me know when he was done.

Anthony
November 13th, 2019 La Mesa, CA DETAILS

Honestly I have been considering switching pest control companies until yesterday. Neville came out to service my property yesterday and he did an awesome job! Covered all the bases and addressed all my concerns. He was cordial, didn’t appear rushed, and was very knowledgable. I will be requesting Neville in the future! Job well done!

Max
November 13th, 2019 Duvall, WA DETAILS

Wonderful. Great customer service, very friendly and professional. Very happy with his service

Jamie gatewood
November 13th, 2019 Palm Harbor, FL

Ormondo did a great job and I already see a big difference in the ant problem THANK YOU

Jason
November 13th, 2019 Fairview Heights, IL DETAILS

Matt was a very kind person and did a great job explaining how everything works. I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you for doing such an awesome job

Stephanie Goldie-Brasacchio
November 13th, 2019 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

Abigail G was simply the best! He was on time, very knowledgeable, fast and very courteous! Should be recognized as a very valued employee!!

Miguel
November 13th, 2019 Friendswood, TX DETAILS

great and timely work by DAnthony, he was courteous, considerate for pets in/outside the house and was thorough.

Emily
November 13th, 2019 Ruskin, FL DETAILS

Very nice and informative. He gave us all our options.

Bob Knight
November 13th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Josh is a very good technician. He’s on time very thorough and attentive to the two or three needs that I had.

Elizabeth Murphy
November 13th, 2019 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

Great! Our tech was so nice and went above and beyond. I can’t wait to start to see results

Joseph Grygiel
November 13th, 2019 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS

Tech was friendly and kind. Explained everything that he was going to do.

Vicki
November 13th, 2019 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

My technician today was Shaina and she was great. We had been bothered by tiny sugar ants. She gave us great info about their habits, found their entry point, treated it but also advised us where to caulk and seal to stop their entry. We took care of it right away and were very impressed.

Debra Tomerlin
November 13th, 2019 Friendswood, TX DETAILS

DAnthony M was very polite and professional. He sprayed around the house and also treated several ant beds that he spotted.

Melissa
November 13th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

If you go with active, make sure you're home or have cameras to ensure the service you pay for is actually performed. The tech who was supposed to do my service today did not yet put the card on my door saying the service was done. I called and let the office know. He was sent back out and only did the back yard (what he claims wasn't done the first time he was out today). He also rang the doorbell the second time out and just stood there staring at me when I opened the door. No apology for not doing what he was paid to do. No inquiry about any special areas that needed attention. Very rude and unprofessional. I have always had great techs in the past but this was very disturbing. If I hadn't been home to witness the tech not doing his job I would have paid for a service that I didn't receive and never been aware I was being ripped off. I would prefer to work with a company who hires employees with honor and integrity.

Tita D
November 13th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I am satisfied the work of your employee. Happy to recommend Aptive.

Jessica
November 13th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

Mason was great! Very respectful and quick! Yard looks great :) :)

John Rodriguez Jr.
November 13th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS

Good professional service. Service person was knowledgeable and did a good job in covering areas with the proper treatment.

Mandy C
November 13th, 2019 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

I DO NOT want service every two months. I want every 3 months as agreed upon. Upon receiving a reminder concerning service in November I called the number listed and said the above- 3 months. Today I get an email that service has been completed. Does the office NOT communicate with the tech. I not a happy customer!

rusty shackleford
November 8th, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Molested my dog. Bad service. Scam. Ripoff. Thieves.

Calvin
November 8th, 2019 Marysville, WA DETAILS

Overall experience has been poor. The last tech that came out is the only one out of about 4 that does a thorough job. I have had to call about 3 separate visits due to poor work done.

Aptive Environmental Logo

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Nov 08, 2019

Sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed our service. Please give us a call at the branch so we can see that you are taken care of. Thanks!

Bryce Larsen
November 8th, 2019 East Meadow, NY DETAILS

Horrible. They always start you on a "promotional" plan, which costs what you think the service might be worth. Their full price plan is so obscenely expensive it makes no sense, until you realize, they only have that price there to justify the CANCELLATION FEES. They do nothing more than spray around your house a little. I called them to come back for mice, they set two traps in the middle of the floor where my kids could step on them. I decided to drop the contract, and since I was on a "promotional" plan, it was cheaper to stay, but I had to call on a specific day 6 months from now to cancel or else it will automatically renew. what a scam. DO NOT USE THEM. The job they do is simple and can be done yourself. if you want more, use a real pest contral company.

Aptive Environmental Logo

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Nov 08, 2019

Bryce, please give us a call at the branch. We definitely want to make sure you are taken care of! Thanks in advance!

Denise Lopez
November 8th, 2019 Mahopac, NY DETAILS

I would’ve given 5 stars! Technician was great professional knowledgeable! he ran out of material the copper mesh to plug-in any holes from the inside of the house.

Gina m
November 8th, 2019 DETAILS

Eric showed up right on time. He has always been very informative on the challenges I have.

Al G
November 8th, 2019 Edmonds, WA DETAILS

Shannon our Technician did a great job listening, treated all reviewed areas of concern, and answered all my questions thoroughly.

Bea M
November 8th, 2019 Fairfax, VA DETAILS

Ron W was excellent and made sure to spray all around entrances because I was concerned about spiders and centipedes. He left, at my request, some sticky traps for inside as I am just recovering from a serious upper respiratory infection and prefer no spraying in the house.

Jim Porter
November 7th, 2019 Wentzville, MO DETAILS

Tech Justin, very courteous & polite, informative & thorough about what he was treating, very positive experience.....thank you Justin & Aptive for your service & your commitment to providing excellent service!

Brian Nickens
November 7th, 2019 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

I’d like to thank Kai, you’ did a great job at my house today In taking care of that problems that we have. Kai asked me questions that I was concerned about which I did appreciate and I also mentioned some other things and he fully understood what I was talking about. Kai’s knowledge it’s exactly what I like to see when people come over to work at my house. He’s very kind and considerate and totally understanding of the needs of this residence and I truly appreciate that. Thank you very much Kai! Brian Nickens

Kim
November 7th, 2019 Ballwin, MO DETAILS

Michael was so nice and so sweet to my dog. I really liked him!!