Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

9.9

Visit Site 1-(855) 677-3010

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2021

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Mike Parsons Sandusky, MI

Enrico has serviced the house on a number of occasions and done an A+ job...Even making a special trip to treat an ant issue👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bookmark

Featured Review

Deborah Brooksville, FL

I answered the door and thought, another sales pitch. Was I ever wrong. This was a down to earth, comfortable conversation with a smile as big as joy can show. Holly (sp) was knowledgeable, professional, patient as she came back later, not pushing and so showed the company goal of customer satisfaction . Would have to give her a ten out of ten if anyone is keeping track😁 Nigeria came today to start the initial treatment for the bug problem we have. He was just great, being professional, courteous, thorough, recommended helpful things going forward. Spent extra time hitting each fire ant pocket and several times asked if he could help with any other needs. Do you score 200 on a 100 scale? Thanks Nigeria.

Pamela Richmond, TX

Today, 9/21/21, our Aptive technician, Isaiah, listened and responded effectively to our concerns. Recently, we have been experiencing animal activity in our front yard and inside our house, where we found a dead mouse in one of the traps. In addition to spraying the outside, including the grass and flower beds, Isaiah also sprayed inside the garage and the house, as well as laid traps in areas vulnerable to activity. He took time and care to make sure all areas were covered. We appreciate his efforts and thank him for the excellent customer service he provided. We have been Aptive customers for some time and would highly recommend their services.

D. Stuart Libertyville, IL

Charles is the consummate professional. I received communication prior to service on all of my contact platforms from Charles. We chatted briefly about the service. He also answered my questions about this specific early fall application with expertise and integrity. Thank you aptive for hiring this young man as well as all of your other young service professionals. Highly recommend.

15 hours ago

Julie C Arvada, CO

They are pet , and environmentally friendly,. We have German Shepherds, and the techs are always mindful of them, and for their well being. Their people are always friendly, professional, kind, and caring. We've used other services, and Aptive is by far a 10. Aptive has provided us service for 2 years now ....They are truly the best, and I thank them.😊

Thomas Liberty, MO

What I liked best about the company is that I found out that they do have a tech working for them that knows what he is doing. I was fortunate enough to get that tech, Mr. Phillip B, on my forth service appointment. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained to me what he was doing and why. What I didn't like about Aptive is simply that, they were not all like that. I was impressed with Mr. Phillip B. - Robert T.

Lou H Brooklyn, NY

I've been with Aptive Environmental for over a year now and this company is great! Today, Centorin B came to do my quarterly treatment. He knocked on the door an explained to me everything he was going to do and what I needed to do to keep my pets and kids safe until the treatment was complete. He was also familiar with some of the plants I had growing to make sure none of the treatment got on any of them. He even cleaned the cobwebs on my porch! Great company, great employees. Highly recommended! Lou H.

Kevin Weeden Marietta, GA

All the spider webs around the house were cleared. I was not aware of spider eggs that were around the house, including behind downspouts, but my technician took care of those for me. I appreciated the communication, letting me know when he would arrive. He was on time and did a thorough job. Thanks!

15 hours ago

Mesmerizingbyservice Gresham, OR

Everything I dreamed of then some, these guys are insect ninjas! Their dedication to the craft shows, I almost felt like Watson because they were the Sherlock Holmes of pest control! Two salutes to this gentlemen because he will soon all of Aptive Environmental! Watch out now!

lovethatferrari Miami, FL

Very friendly and professional. The gentleman made sure all of my concerns were addressed before leaving. This was not our regular application, this was a address issue deal. This gentleman did a good job of taking care of it.

Kim pittl Lebanon, OH

Fast friendly & professional service. It’s worth it to have the treatments, I notice a difference after they treat for spiders & insects especially in September the worst month for spiders. It also gives me peace of mind, especially living out in the county where the spiders are a little bigger LOL. Thanks APTIVE !!!!

Daniel Catalan San Diego, CA

Technician was on time ,very knowledgeable, polite,ask me what my main concerns were, and took care of what need to be done,would love to have him as a permanent technician at my home👍👍

Aamy Elkridge, MD

We have used Aptive for a while. They are very responsive when we have an ant problem. They come out the next day and treat the problem. Ants are tricky and Aptive is ready to work with us to get rid of them.

Jessica Guerra San Antonio, TX

Very appreciative of the excellent service we always get from Aptive. Seth, our technician, was so helpful! It's always a relief to work with someone who actually cares that we receive the help and service we need. Thanks!

Nancy Nightengale Las Vegas, NV

Preston was great today. I asked him to avoid spraying the are where I see a large lizard daily and he complied. Good company and they seem to employ a diverse cross-section of (mostly) young men.

Mahilia Union, NJ

Centorin B lead the pest control treatment at my home. He was professional, timely, and responsive to my concerns and questions. I would highly recommend this team for servicing of your home. - Mahilia J

Laura Lawrenz Armstrong Seabrook, TX

Mohammed serviced our hone today (9/20/2021). He is very professional, thorough, efficient, courteous and cooperative. I am very satisfied in the service we have been receiving from Aptive this year!!

Kendra Niles Spring, TX

Brock was awesome. Kind and informative but not pushy. He called moments after signing us up to let us know that Chris would be by within the hour to start the initial “cleansing”. And he sure was! Both guys were very helpful and polite.

karen janes

The service personnel were very attentive to our needs. They were polite, knowledgeable, and professional. They gave 110% to help us rid of annoying pests! Your Company should be very grateful for having such dedicated personnel! Thank you.

Matsen New York, NY

Each quarter they notify me of upcoming service. The technicians in Aptive uniforms come to the door introduce themselves, ask if there are any problems with pests, warn me to keep the dog inside for at least an hour. They then do their work snd are on their way. I have been an Aptive customer for 4 years now. No complaints and no pests!

Wendy Brunswick, OH

Technicians are always pleasant and knowledgeable. They take the time to do a thorough job on treating the problem areas around my home. I have not had any rodents or ants in my home for the past year as a result. James N who performed service today did a great job and should get a $5 bonus. Wendy M

Marlene B Coraopolis, PA

Very nice employee! Diego listen to all of my concerns and pointed out what he believes is the problem and went right away fixing them. We are also trying out a bucket Theory out that we think the field mice are getting in. Very helpful and explained every step to us.

RL265 Bay Village, OH

I'm always happy with our aptive service! The technicians are friendly and knowledgeable and most of all, IT WORKS! After putting our service on hiatus for a season, I deeply regretted it. Pests were starting to return, so I called and set up an appointment (their customer service department was very helpful too!) and bye bye bugs!

Janice Riggs Commerce City, CO

I love the communication that Aptive provides. I always know when they are coming. They always listen to my pest concerns and provide excellent service. Today, Don F went the extra mile and picked up all of my pups toys before treating our yard.

Janet Croucher Bel Air, MD

I received a treatment today and was very impressed with Cedric. HE was extremely polite and very nice to my dogs - even gave them some dog treats. I explained the problem I was having and told me why I was having the issue. I also like that he went into detail of how he serviced my house today.

tdogseitz Ellicott City, MD

I have enjoyed the Aptive service so far. After two treatments I have already seen a dramatic reduction in the slab ants around my home. The service techs are extremely friendly and diligent and really work around your needs. They are respectful to the property and to my family's well-being. I highly recommend.

Debbie LeBlanc Monroe, WA

Clayton the Aptive Technician is very nice to work with. He went into the crawl space and reset and rebaited traps. Made sure I was aware ahead of time by texting me which I appreciate. He's been to my house and knows the trouble spots I am concerned about.

Kathee Colman Walnut Creek, CA

Tyler does an excellent job. He makes certain my pets are all inside and always asks if we have any special requests or problems. He is thorough, professional and gets the job done. I have always had great service from Aptive.

KarenH Minneapolis, MN

Shawn G was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He did a wonderful and thorough job!! Very attentive to all areas around our house. He was very good at communicating with me- a call prior to his arrival and a call after leaving with very detailed voicemail on what he did. Highly recommend Shawn! If I could have him every time for our treatments, I would definitely want him.

Milan Vacaville, CA

The technicians have always been courteous and friendly. Our technician today was Tim ! He was very professional and gave us information about controlling our ant problem in the house. I spoke to Customer service on August 27th for some reason my appointment was canceled that day ? He said I have to reschedule, no apologies about why my appointment was canceled! Very unprofessional!

Samuel Winder Bear, DE

Stephen J did an excellent job in treating my property. First, he took the time to fully understand what my insect challenges were and then he successfully addressed each of my challenges. Prior to using Aptive, I had struggled with large populations of Cicada Killer hornets and beetles. Stephen eliminated both of these long-term issues by applying the treatments in a very thorough manner. As a result, the treatments worked very quickly. Now my family and pets can enjoy our front and back yards, which, previously, we were unable to do for several years. Stephen represents your company very well. Stephen inspired my confidence because he was extremely committed to solving my insect issues. Based on the quality of your employees, I plan to continue my contract with Aptive because I have full confidence in your ability to help me maintain control of insects in the future. Thank you Aptive for using pet-safe, effective treatments and for hiring exceptional employees such as Stephen J.

Laura Vallejo, CA

They are always friendly, professional, thorough & quick but efficiently not in a "get done" or "get to the next stop" way. Way better than Clark & affordable.

Auntie B Fort Mill, SC

What I love best is the free re-service when I come across an unwanted pest. It took two days before someone came out. Its workers give service with good old fashion attitudes and smiles.

Danielle Snowden Portland, OR

Melissa was AMAZING! Very friendly, helpful and informative. I’ve used Aptive for almost 2 years and this has been the BEST customer service I’ve received in my experience!

RaBecca Haws Logan, UT

The technician, Jason, is very informative, punctual, and communicates well. He is always on time and he's very willing to answer an questions I might have.

Alan Ramirez Marietta, GA

Malik helped us out today and he did a great job. He let us know before he came for the service and provided great service. He was courteous and efficient.

Brandon Oklahoma City, OK

Aptive’s visit was 100 times better than terminex. Aptive treated entire yard and house de-webbed everything outside. Kody was Very professional and polite.

Steve T7000 Loxahatchee Groves, FL

I had an Aptive tech come out about a week ago, it was a miserable experience. He was very unprofessional told me not to follow him around before he even got started. I showed him where the ants and spiderwebs were and he told me he would take care of it. I left to run errands, he literally spent about 10 to 12 minutes at my home before he left only spraying some product in the grass on part of the lawn near the house then used a cobweb brush for about 2-3 minutes missing 90% of the spiderwebs and then he spread about a cup of granules around the house but missed the entire pool, patio, gazebo and the detached garage areas. I viewed my security cameras and confirmed the time he spent there and after walking around and saw all the same cobwebs and seeing no product like the granules where they needed to be. I did call the tech back and he argued that he did everything until I pointed out the missing granules and all the cobwebs that he did not treat. It was a very disappointing experience and I would NOT recommend. I received no follow up from the company after the service.

Anirudh Seth San Jose, CA

The work was quick and thorough. The technician, Jonathan explained what to expect ? Any precautions needed ? Overall extremely professional and meticulous.

Lara P Amelia, OH

The technician arrived while I was not home. He rang the doorbell, waited 30 seconds, then got in his truck and left without performing any services. Later that day, I received a very detailed bill outlining all of the services completed, along with products used and a reminder not to let my pets outside for a few hours. This morning I called to report the issue. The customer service agent offered to reschedule but told me he didn't have authority to refund the bill. He couldn't transfer me to anyone but assured me he would pass along the message to the customer loyalty department who would call me back. I have yet to receive a phone call. Aptive sent a technician to my house who intentionally created an invoice for services not performed. Aptive, when presented with the situation, took no steps to rectify the issue. I have video proof that the technician did NO work. He performed NO services. Yet I have a bill that he drafted and now I am expected to pay for. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. They will tell you they have serviced your house and unless you have video surveillance such as a Ring Doorbell, you will never know if they actually serviced your house or not. And if they don't, good luck having them refund your bill.

Hamza Dridi Raleigh, NC

Absolutely awful experience! All started when someone from Aptive came to my door to offer service. I signed up and explicitly asked that my bills get automatically processed for the simple reason that I don't have time to process bills and monitor them (just like I do with all my bills). I handed my credit card to the agent who created my account on his tablet, entered my credit card information and set my account for automatic payment. I was done. Or so I thought ... It happens that in the following months Aptive failed to process the bills (seems the guy made a mistake in entering my cc information) and started sending me emails and mails, that I obviously did not monitor. I was out of country for most of summer, while these unmonitored emails and mails were pouring. When I came back by end of summer, I found out Aptive put a collection company on my back. I was fuming and called them up asking what the heck happened and why I did not get a phone call or a voicemail before taking this bold step of calling a collection company. No real answer. I asked on that call to settle my account (gave the agent my cc info to process the outstanding balance), she could not waive the fees that I felt I should not be responsible for. After settling the account, I asked her to escalate the matter, request a refund of fees, reverse collection and that someone from management team gives me a follow up call to discuss these issues. A month and a half later: Nothing! And then today (a month and a half later), I again discover another mail from collection company!!!! I called again and no explanation again! Asked to talk to someone, but the agent said that they would call me back. I ended up paying (another attempt) my entire outstanding balance - same statements of not being able to transfer me to someone or wave fees, etc ... Some basic questions to finish: 1- if a customer gives you his cc info on day one and ask explicitly for auto-payment, doesn't this say he/she is a good payer? why not calling him (not talking email or mail) instead of resorting to collection company 2- why Aptive people fail to process valid credit cards (twice) 3- why they never communicate after knowing the whole story (phone calls records and tons of notes recorded), just to explain or apologize 4- why do customer need to bare all consequences for Aptive mistakes. I know Aptive enjoys a good rating on this board, but the value of a company shows when there's a problem and how they deal with it. So I hope the people who gave 5 stars to Aptive never get into a mistake that Aptive creates.

M. Berry Hilliard, OH

I have been seeing a lot of spiders. The service person was willing to spray inside and and also gave a special treatment to try to decrease the spider population. I’m hoping this works. He was very friendly as well.

Andrew Pemberton Round Rock, TX

Matt C is incredible!! He was very through, friendly, and professional. I have never had a tech spend as much time to make sure all areas of our house were taking care of. Thank you so much Matt!! We appreciate you!!

Rose Wojciechowski Pittsburgh, PA

I have been using Aptive for 2 years and have been very happy with their service. A big shout out to Hugh W! He performed my service today and did such a thorough job! Thanks!!!

Sean Cary Ocoee, FL

David was great, explained everything he was doing and went above and beyond sweeping out bad spots and getting into to the hard to reach areas of the house. Truly went above and beyond and couldn’t recommend him enough

E. Zeitler Caseyville, IL

Issah did an amazing job both in completing my monthly service but also with explanation of what he would be doing and what extras he had for me. The Aptive services have always been great.

Jeff Chadwick Marietta, GA

Cameron provided my service today and had my best service ever today. He cleared all the spider webs and such around all the windows. He sprayed thoroughly! Awesome job today!!

Sandra Dela Cruz Woodland Hills, CA

This is the 2nd time I got the service and with my first experienced with the first tech was the same with Leroy S, polite and well mannered besides being friendly. Patiently covered every space of my house. I am happy with the services so far.

Iris Rivera Orlando, FL

Their service is professional and convenient. Their technicians are always extremely polite, courteous and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain what’s being done and what the follow up should be. Anthony is a true asset to Aptive, give him a15 out of 10!

Vikki Middlebrook Phoenix, AZ

The technician showed up and was polite. He wanted to know what issues we had. Then he treated the home. When he was done he knocked on our door and asked if we needed him to review or do anything else. We discussed a problem area and he said let me go back to that area again. The service was great!