Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only their customers but their employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution and strives to keep your home pest free all year-round. Aptive boasts that its progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee has helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Daycare centers
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide services to treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 25 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry and its limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc.

We do not treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Shaun
October 16th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS

Technician arrived on time. Very thorough and was very polite. Overall happy with the service

Pam
October 16th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

It was a pleasure having Tim C as my technician. He was friendly, explained everything very well, and did a thorough job.

Shawn LaCour
October 16th, 2019 Pearland, TX

The technician was wonderful nice and very polite and informed me of everything he was going to do. On the other hand the customer service representatives who answered the phone was very rude and had a very bad attitude.

Chana Furchtgott
October 16th, 2019 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

Their guy knocked on my door telling me that they are doing treatment for my neighbors so I will get a big discount and it will be 50 dollars for one treatment. They got my credit card information and they have charged it twice already without my permission. The phone number on the card the guy gave me isn’t available anymore and at the office they refuse to cancel the yearly membership without a 200 dollars fee. Very upsetting and the guy definitely mistaken me with the documents

Terry B
October 16th, 2019 Stafford, VA DETAILS

Took his time and did it right. Thanks for being detailed.

Jennifer F.
October 16th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I normally get a quick treatment, where I see a slightly improvement but the problem of roaches still there. However, this last treatment (4 times so far) the technician, Stephen R, went above and beyond, treating this house outstanding, and added other product to solve the problem. Thanks

FM
October 16th, 2019 Chantilly, VA DETAILS

Great service, Abraham the technician was on schedule and explained what he was going to do, after the service he gave me a card with the treatment he did.

Natalie
October 16th, 2019 Reston, VA DETAILS

I have found both my technicians so far to be very friendly. And I definitely saw a decrease in spider crickets after our first treatment. We found some in our basement, but they were dead. That made me very relieved!

Crissy O
October 16th, 2019 Springfield, VA DETAILS

Brandon was a superb technician and we hope he continues to treat our house.

Karen Wacker
October 16th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Smith S was very professional, friendly and did a great job.

Satish Bobburi
October 16th, 2019 Ashburn, VA DETAILS

The technician Jose C was very professional and completed the application quickly and effectively. We see a reduction in ant activity almost instantaneously. -Satish Bobburi

dedi
October 15th, 2019 Gainesville, VA DETAILS

Very friendly, polite and professional. I am very happy with your service and technicians. Keep up the good job! I always recommend you guys to my friends and neighbors. Thank you for coming back to finish the spray since I had an emergency on the date previously scheduled, Every one in the company is always helpful, prompt and polite.

Jim Holden
October 15th, 2019 Pasadena, TX DETAILS

She was very professional. She knew what she was doing and did a very through job. I was pleased with the work performed.

Susan M
October 15th, 2019 Groveport, OH DETAILS

Outstanding customer service and techs are always knowledgeable of product and areas of concern. I highly recommend Aptive Environmental for your pest control. I am a happy spider free home.

Sara
October 15th, 2019 Derwood, MD DETAILS

Tony was really helpful and he was very concerned about my 2 month old baby. I will highly recommend Aptive.

Gary Robertson
October 15th, 2019 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

Rashad is great. He is always on time and always explains what he is going to do. He is always pleasant and we hope he gets our area all the time!

Carole M
October 15th, 2019 Burke, VA DETAILS

JimmyS was very efficient and personable. He came on time and did all that I asked.

R. L.
October 15th, 2019 Clifton, VA DETAILS

Professional, courteous, and helpful in answering questions and offering services which help keep the pests under control. Much appreciated!

Sumon Chowdhury
October 15th, 2019 Bristow, VA DETAILS

Worst! Not satisfied at all. The technician came to my home on 10/11/2019 to do the quarterly scheduled service but he left without completing his jobs, He even refused to come inside my home to do the service while he was asked.

Silver D
October 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Worst service I’ve ever had! They would show up at my house and spray, so they say, and I wouldn’t be there for them to do the inside like we agreed upon. When I try to reschedule they said they would show up on a whatever day and time we would agree upon and they would NEVER show. This happened at least 3 times. On top of that they still continued to try to charge me for services they didn’t do. Oh and if you do decide to cancel like I did it’s a $160 cancelation fee. I have never once written a review about a company but this place needed one.

Adam
October 15th, 2019 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

Alexander was great. Took his time to walk in and outside of the house with me. Gave me a good explanation of what he was going to spray where. He did a thorough job and was very nice.

Aaron Ramirez
October 15th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. Made me and my family feel at ease with the whole process. Great experience!

B Warfield
October 15th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Technician did a very thorough jobHe covered all areas as expected treated the windows look for spiderwebs Wasps nest did a thorough job of treating all the barrier around the yard around my storage building in the backyard overall I’m very satisfied with the performance this is my second year using Aptive and so far I have been very satisfied with their performance

Jennifer C.
October 15th, 2019 Bowie, MD DETAILS

Devin E was very courteous. He was also good at doing his job.

JLI
October 15th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Signed up in May of this year. Service completed that day. Was told I would get a complimentary service the next month and then quarterly service. You came out a month later and did the service but charged me $109. How is that complimentary? I still had bugs and ants but did not call before the next service because I did not want to be charged again before the next service. What is your incentive to do the job right if you keep charging me if I call for help in between visits?

Larry Rhoads
October 15th, 2019 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS

I was notified Friday p.m. of Saturday appt. and closing time is 5:00 p.m. The technician arrived Sat. a.m., but did not announce presence. At 11:00 a.m. I checked around house finding furrows of gray grain in some places and no evidence of grain in large spaces. In garden area the insecticide was five feet from foundation. I specifically needed basement treated and I wanted to discuss severe spider problem. This the third treatment and spiders are much worse than before treatment. Should I "like you" on Facebook?

Ozzy
October 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Andrew C did awesome job treating the house.

Michael pike
October 15th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS

Tim nice excellent young man. Great service and explanation of service. Been a customer almost 2 years always a good experience

Jennifer R Henderson
October 15th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Well my experience has been good til today they came and set up mice traps and they out one in my oven and we was told it was behind the stove well we went to cook and didn't know it was in the bottom part if the oven it melted and burnt in my the bottom part of my stove it made my whole house smoky and a meal so bad we can't even be in the house are will never be able to cook in that oven again

Annette Goley
October 15th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Dan was great, very professional and nice.

mike a xavier
October 15th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS

Service performed by Rich today. AWESOME service provider!

Shon
October 15th, 2019 Seffner, FL DETAILS

Very thorough and great guy...he is such an asset to your company

Liza
October 15th, 2019 Puyallup, WA DETAILS

They are super professional and thorough when they came to spray our home. Truly appreciate the friendly service. They are prompt to respond whenever I have contact them. Bob did a phenomenal job in addressing all my concerns and educating me on the process.

AaronM
October 15th, 2019 Ashburn, VA DETAILS

Very friendly and provided excellent service.

Timothy
October 15th, 2019 Medford, NY DETAILS

I'm not sure if their product is the issue, or the application. Either way, your throwing out your money with this company! On top of the fact that their service had NO effect on my bug situation (spiders, mosquitoes, fleas), they're a bunch of thieves who refuse to cancel your "contract" unless your willing to pay an exorbitant fee! And be very careful, if you don't call to cancel your contract before your last annual appointment, they automatically renew your contract. Last visit, I watched them treat my house and yard from my security cameras. The guy didn't know I was home sick in bed. He walked around, sprayed here and there. Not what we payed for! And if it was done right in the first place, why should it be necessary to have it redone? I'm so disgusted and disappointed. Not only with the service, but with how unprofessionally they handle unhappy homeowners. Do yourself a favor and use someone else!

Aptive Environmental Logo

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Oct 16, 2019

Thanks so much for reaching out, Timothy! So sorry to hear you haven't found value in our service up to this point. Please give us a call so we can make sure you are taken care of.

Marilyn
October 15th, 2019 Lenexa, KS DETAILS

James W is a true professional. Very thorough. Please reward him.

John D'Amaro
October 15th, 2019 Howell Township, NJ DETAILS

Jay G serviced my home today and he was excellent. Not only did he explain what he was doing, but he was very polite and extremely attentive to detail. He was very thorough and professional, a credit to your organization.

Mitch Gurney
October 15th, 2019 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

The technician that visited today was very attentive to details.

Sandra Cruz
October 15th, 2019 Brandon, FL DETAILS

My technician was Rashad, a very nice and polite man. He listened to my concerns and offered advise and solutions on how to solve them. He will work with me to get those issues under control. He also came up with a plan on how we can work together to permanently get on top of it. In addition to what he did while he was here he even had a check list on what I need to do before he comes back next month emailed to me from his office. I have only been with Aptive for a short time but I feel very confident that together we will be able to put my issues to bed. I recommend Aptive to anyone looking for professional but personal service as well. I used to use one of the more popular services but never felt as comfortable. Thank you.

Kamal
October 15th, 2019 Aldie, VA DETAILS

Service is ok but the tech lacked knowledge on customer service. He should better excel on this art as it would impact the business moving forward. Hope this won’t be overlooked.

John Bernal
October 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Josh E was very courtesy and thorough. thanks!

sherrie l jellison
October 15th, 2019 Folsom, CA DETAILS

He was polite, professional & fast, and an asset to your company.

Rick
October 15th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

They provide our pest control service. They do a great job with their regular maintenance. One time I found a wasp nest, they were out the next day to take care of it.

JoAnn Lucas
October 15th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

I LOVE APTIVE!!!! They are a great company! They are friendly, punctual and quick to respond and help if I find a new bug or have a question!

Derick
October 15th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

We have used Aptive for several years now. The are quick to take care of any issues that arise. They have done a great job.

Lynda B
October 14th, 2019 Newnan, GA DETAILS

Phillip ensured that the area was sprayed and checked for outside bug activity. (I wasn't at home, but I do have security cameras up to check). Very impressed. He was professional even though he knew I wasn't home. Two thumbs up!!

Norah S
October 14th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Every time Brandon has been helpful and friendly and he addresses all the pest issues we have. Aptive have been the easiest most smooth company to deal with one.

Marc
October 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Aptive is fantastic. They spend enormous amounts of time and resources training their service professionals, and it shows.

Lesa Stewart
October 14th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Aptive has promo service and returns if the bugs are not gone. We are very happy with the service.

Greg
October 14th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Great company that does their best to provide a valuable service to the customer. #1 most environmentally friendly company out there.