The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs. Some customers felt that the service was a little pricey compared to other pest control companies, but would sign up with the company again due to the reduction of pests on their property.

Here's a bit about the company:

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only their customers but their employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution and strives to keep your home pest free all year-round. Aptive boasts that its progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee has helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Daycare centers
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Negative Reviews
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide any other services. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Negative Reviews

Several customers have complained about Aptive's high prices, pushy sales reps, and a $200+ cancellation fee.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 25 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

Overall, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Barbara Stewart
August 22nd, 2019 Manvel, TX DETAILS

Well experience in their work. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Henry L. Moton
August 22nd, 2019 Dumfries, VA DETAILS

Outstanding Service...My technician (Paul) did an awesome job and was very professional. Nowadays, it is rare to see such exceptional service, but Paul provided just that.

Ash Chabra
August 22nd, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Omar did a complete and thorough job --very polite ;knowledgable and courteous Ash Chabra

Stav
August 22nd, 2019 Glen Ellyn, IL DETAILS

Terrible!!! Stay away!!! I canceled service because after a year I did not see any differences. After 3 months called me and asked me for 99$ extra for a service that I did not ask for.

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Stav. Please reach out to the local branch with any further questions / concerns. Thanks!

Robert Silva
August 22nd, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Very thorough and friendly and I appreciate that. He also left some ant stations in case we see more activity indoors.

Roberto Maldonado
August 22nd, 2019 San Antonio, TX

David was very professional. He was on time and, actually, I think he was early but that was ok as i was home. He instructed me to what he was going to do and did a thorough job of explaining the details.

Lloyd Poehler
August 22nd, 2019 Puyallup, WA DETAILS

The technician, Lacho, was friendly, thorough, very competent and professional.

Jahaira Romero
August 22nd, 2019 Tampa, FL

Great customer service, they listened to my concerns and offer great prices and fast service.

Sharon P Bax
August 22nd, 2019 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS

I'm thankful that the technician was able to come out for a re-service promptly.

Kaci
August 22nd, 2019 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

Tim was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable and explanatory of the process and materials utilized. He was attentive to detail, very friendly, and committed to excellence. He went out of his way to ensure that everything was performed as requested and to full satisfaction. I could not ask for better service!

Shana Kuehn
August 22nd, 2019 Madison, WI DETAILS

Still had fire ants on the east side of the house and am now seeing large carpenter ants inside my house after the last treatment.

Aug 22, 2019

Shana, please reach out to the local branch so we can set you up with a free reservice. Thanks!!

Karson Wells
August 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Lied about the cancellation fee to our faces. Claimed at the door we can cancel at any time with no repercussions, only to find out a few weeks later we were lied to and can only cancel after paying the full amount. What a horrible company who lies to gain customers.

Aug 22, 2019

Sorry to hear this you weren't informed prior to signing our agreement. Please reach out to the local branch. Thanks!

Patti Feldner
August 22nd, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

The technician was very thorough and went above and beyond to complete the service.

Jay
August 22nd, 2019 Pomona, NY

Michael did an excellent job. He explained everything he did and focused on areas I pointed out.

Stevie
August 22nd, 2019 O'Fallon, MO DETAILS

Ashton was delightful! Very friendly and interested in doing a thorough job. I told him my garage was a mess but he said it was fine and he was able to spray regardless of the obstacles in his way.

Christie Cook
August 22nd, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

He was very thorough in his job, but didn't waist time

Tomas Fernandez
August 22nd, 2019 El Cajon, CA

I enjoyed the young man who sold us on your service and I believed the information we received, however the spiders and webs are back, and I would like for you to spray the inside floorboards with a non toxic formula this time. I am requesting a return service I have pictures of some spiders and the webs, and I see you didn’t spray for mosquitoes which was also mentioned in the sales pitch. Again thank you for your time.

Kim
August 22nd, 2019 Mahopac, NY DETAILS

The technician who performed the service was extremely polite and thorough! Very happy to have someone who asks questions.

Chad
August 22nd, 2019 Roseville, CA

The technician was informative and offered good ideas for addressing my problem areas, told me exactly what he was going to do and when he was done told me adout some wasp nest he found and removed, and left some traps for other unwelcome bugs as well.

Rick Nelson
August 22nd, 2019 Bonney Lake, WA DETAILS

Greg was awesome today. Full of information and was very friendly! A true professional! Advised us on how wasps work at gaining a hold in a home area. Very good experience with him today. Great guy !

Khalid Siddiqui
August 22nd, 2019 Redmond, WA DETAILS

Our technician was very accommodating and honest. He did every thing we expected and beyond.

nan
August 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Michael B was extremely courteous and did an outstanding job.

Julisa Marquez
August 22nd, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!! UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND THEY CHARGE A LOT MORE THAN THEY OFFER. On June a Salesperson knocked on my door, he was very professional and promised the world at a big discount, but unfortunately, it wasn't true! The initial visit was not a big deal and they charged the amount as offered. For the second visit (after one month) one day in the middle of the week, around 3 pm, I received a text message from this company telling me they will be next day in my house at the morning for a second service. So I called them to tell I couldn't do because "hello!" I am working and I need to reschedule for a weekend, the lady replied the next two weekends were already taken and they cannot reschedule for more than two weeks. Then I said they cannot send me a short notice (just one day in advance) to let me know that and also I cannot adjust my time to them, I am the client!... all her reply was they will charge my cc and I should read the small letters on the contract. Long story short I talked with the supervisor and he got me scheduled for the weekend. What a surprise on the weekend I was waiting for these people in the morning as per my schedule but the guy didn't show up. Instead, I received a phone call from the company around 4 pm asking me if they could go around 6 pm to my house to do the service, obviously I refused that. After that incident there was no phone calls, no text messages... nothing... and one month after that I received again another text message from this company telling me I should be at home next morning for scheduled services. I tried to call them but no one replied. Today, they came to my house, no one was here so without my authorization they went to my front and back yard to do the external service because they couldn't get inside the house since no one was here, and guess what ?.... I just saw they charged $130.00 my cc. For a service no one authorized it and no one can tell if I really received or not. I really hope these people answer the phone and to get my money back. Please be aware of these people and use them at your own risk.

Aug 22, 2019

Julisa, please see our response to this comment on Facebook. Thanks!

Chan Basnayake
August 22nd, 2019 Chantilly, VA

The Technician, Mr.E. N did an excellent job, on 8/21/19, explaining, the work he performed. He treated both inside and outside.

Kate S
August 22nd, 2019 Reston, VA DETAILS

Daniel C, our technician did an excellent job. He was prompt, friendly and efficient. We finally got our bushes web free and top deck treated.

Joshua
August 22nd, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

No text or call before. No way to verify. I specifically requested that I be notified ahead of time. If this happens again, I will cancel the service.

Aug 22, 2019

Sorry to hear this, Joshua. Please verify with the branch that your contact information is accurate.

Gordon
August 22nd, 2019 Frederick, MD DETAILS

Very disappointing. Naturally the salesman promises one thing the company delivered (not really ) another. The website says call us for a same day appointment, my experience is at least 2 week wait. Save your time and money go with a local company... trying to get my money back now...

Aug 22, 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Gordon. The local branch will be able to assist. Thanks!

Ellis Harrison
August 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Jeff S came and inspected our home and all areas around the house on August 20, 2019. He was very professional and explained all his processes to remove bugs and etc from around the home.

Joe P.
August 22nd, 2019 Arnold, MO DETAILS

Kiro did a thorough job and left a great explanation of services rendered.

JJMartin
August 22nd, 2019 Woodland, CA DETAILS

Our neighborhood has experienced a wasp invasion. The technician quickly identified and knocked down the 3 wasp nests attached to our house.

Cindy
August 22nd, 2019 Lake Saint Louis, MO DETAILS

Ricky S was very professional & listened to what I wanted.

Siraj Jalali
August 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX

He was not spraying behind beds, dressers etc., not covering the whole baseboard areas. Please send someone to do a better job. May be he had to do too many houses, so give lesser loads so that technician can perform the tasks better.

Joe Morris
August 22nd, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Mr. Cortney G was very polite and ofessional. Inquired as to any concerns or special areas that need to be addressed. He explained all of the processes and applications used.

Chuck Hinkel
August 22nd, 2019 Collinsville, IL DETAILS

We have been very happy with Aptive. Since having them we have had no bug/mouse issues. Maybe a small ant problem but they were more than happy to take care of that.

Christopher Robinson
August 22nd, 2019 Auburn, WA DETAILS

Absolutely fantastic. I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the young lady who came to our door for our re-service. She was extremely through and walked us through everything she did including taking down a large paper wasp nest! So very appreciative of her diligence. Her customer service restored my faith in the company. I will be contacting Aptive to find her name so I can update this review with proper Kudos.

Mar123
August 21st, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Ridiculous! Sales man gave me a discount price when I started contract. First service was ok. Got my second service and received bill for $100 more, called to ask but their answer wasn't helpful. Said I signed, I remember clearly I signed what the guy showed me, which was my discount I was getting, but he never told me and I never saw that the discount would only apply for the first time ,that if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay the discount I got the first time, pay the second service, plus the cancellation fee. I've seen several complaints similar to mine. Obviously if I was aware of the price at the beginning I would've never got the service, too expensive and poor expectations. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Aug 22, 2019

Please reach out to the local branch so we can get you taken care of!

Mumuk shatva
August 21st, 2019 Greenwood, IN DETAILS

Cordial, did everything requested perfectly. Michael O

Marti
August 21st, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

Can I give something lower than one star -- like a minus 10? I called in for a re-apply. The technician showed up and said he was scheduled for a complete quarterly application. I told him no, just the re-apply. He did the re-apply, then a few minutes later I got an email invoice for the quarterly application. I called the office, spoke with a supposed "manager" and was told that I could not cancel the service unless I paid an additional $180, but he would schedule the quarterly application to actually be applied on the next Tuesday. Tuesday came and went -- no bug technician. I called the office again on Wednesday, and was told my account showed the entire quarterly application had be applied on the day the re-apply had been applied, and there was no appointment scheduled for me at all on Tuesday. My account showed the complete quarterly application as already having been applied and paid for -- so the "manager" I spoke with did not do anything to help. I just spoke with the office again, and a very nice woman rescheduled the re-apply and promised to send my complaint onto a manager. We will see what happens, now. Not a company I would personally recommend for service!

Aug 22, 2019

Marti, please reach back out to the local branch so we can get you taken care of. This is not okay. Thanks in advance!

Steve
August 21st, 2019 Nanuet, NY DETAILS

Did not even realize he came. There are spider webs all around the house this morning, the next day. All around the railing of the deck. He left a note in the mailbox but didn’t know he was here. We were home all morning.

Aug 22, 2019

Steve, sorry to hear this. Please reach out to the local branch so we can set you up with a free reservice. Thanks!

Brian Wehrstedt
August 21st, 2019 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

I very rarely give negative reviews or comments but this cannot be ignored. I had my home serviced yesterday by Stephen S. I watched him have a conversation with my wife who was home mind you through my ring camera. Walking back to his truck he was on the phone. He apparently sprayed the front of my house and proceeded to the side still on his phone. 5 minutes later I see him still on his phone walking back to his truck. My camera turns off after inactivity. I dont think much about it and go back to work. 30 min later I get the service write up stating my gate was locked and he couldn't proceed. MY WIFE WAS HOME!!! The guy just left AND left without his spray bottle that was left in front of the unlocked front gate. My first service was uneventful and I have seen less ants in general but this lackadaisical attitude is totally unacceptable. The person I spoke to was friendly and promised to make this right....

Aug 22, 2019

Brian, this is not okay. Please reach out to the local branch office so we can make sure that you are properly taken care of. Thanks in advance!

Lynn
August 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The technician listened to my concerns and treated my yard appropriately.

Corey
August 21st, 2019 Dickinson, TX DETAILS

My wife was home all day and wouldn't have even known your tech came by if we didn't find the paper on the door. She has told the techs on the last 2 services that the inside needs to be treated for fleas. Techs told her they would have to service the inside for fleas on the next service. This has not happened.

Aug 22, 2019

Corey, thanks for reaching out. Please reach out to the local branch and request a free reservice. Thanks!

Verne Campbell
August 21st, 2019 Black Diamond, WA DETAILS

So far my experience with Aptive Environmental has been positive. Those I speak with on the phone are helpful and the technicians that come to our home are polite and do a good job. Keena, to days technician, went the extra mile in finding issues that needed to be addressed and took care of them.

Jonathan
August 21st, 2019 Bellevue, WA DETAILS

Great experience! Very nice and patient. Took down a huge hornets nest very professionally!

Jack
August 21st, 2019 El Cajon, CA

The technician did a very good job, made sure everything was covered, and gave me constructive advice regarding fruit trees.

Donna
August 21st, 2019 Renton, WA DETAILS

I emailed to cancel the appointment because I wouldn’t be home. They emailed to say the showed up, but I have no way of knowing if they did or what they did. My review is on why say email us if we need to cancel or reschedule if that doesn’t work. I still have ants in the kitchen from the last appointment, you stuff didn’t seem to even slow them down.

Aug 22, 2019

Donna, we'd be happy to get you back on the schedule. Please reach out to the local branch.

Debi
August 21st, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Appreciated cleaning off the webs all over the court small patio table and two chairs

Susan and Ken
August 21st, 2019 Lake Saint Louis, MO

Justin was GREAT!!!! he is professional and knowledgeable.

Mike Hartman
August 21st, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

The tech listened to me and did a great job.

Gladys A
August 21st, 2019 Otisville, NY DETAILS

Yes. The sales person somewhat aggressive but very polite. I suppose employee tactics work. The first treatment was performed by Jared. Again, very attentive and performance was highly rated.