Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Aptive Promotion

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide services to treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 25 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • South Carolina
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry and its limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc.

We do not treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Michael Northcott
December 4th, 2019 Riverview, FL DETAILS

Wasn't here. If I knew ahead I would have all areas available.

David Strangman
December 4th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Always professional and courteous technicians!

Lynn
December 4th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

This technician listened to my observations (especially about the increased mouse activity) and provided suitable solutions to address my concerns. He was very thorough, polite and professional. Looking forward to positive results in 3 weeks when the additional exterior rodent trap is checked.

Louis Monroy
December 4th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS

Great job. I would like this technician with every visit. Professional and friendly.

Amanda
December 4th, 2019 Farmingdale, NJ DETAILS

Excellent service as always. Dan B was super nice and has a wonderful sense of humor. Great work, and thanks for always wow-ing us!

Stacy Dillehay
December 4th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

I would of given you a 5 but your company has missed my tri semester service TWO times ( one of which just happened this year). I noticed an over abundance of spiders and spider webs, eggs sacs, food droppings, etc. in my garage and in my backyard last month. I called your co. and my records showed that you were last out here in July 2019 and 4 months had already passed. The other time you skipped my service was in 2017. I hope you don't skip my service again as its twice as much work for both you and I. Thank you. I want to give a 5 star to the representative Brandon who came out here. He was very thorough and did over and above to make sure I was happy and the job was done right! Thank you Brandon.....

Sherri Creedon
December 4th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Tim was extremely professional and thorough during the service visit at our house. He was knowledgeable and explained the chemicals that he was using inside and outside our house and why those were being used. Tim also reminded us not to let our dog outside for at least 20-30 minutes after he departed to let the chemicals outside properly dry before the dog went on the grass and outside areas. I would highly recommend.

Misty M
December 4th, 2019 Avon, IN DETAILS

Robert L. Has been our service guy a couple times and he is always on time very knowledgeable about the services Aptive provides and takes the time to explain what he is doing which I appreciate! Thank you Robert for great customer service! Misty M.

Ann
December 4th, 2019 La Mesa, CA DETAILS

Very responsive! Polite & knowledgeable

Marilyn Estrada
December 4th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Your technician was very courteous and prompt. His name is Ricardo C.

Nancy Lang
December 4th, 2019 Sun City Center, FL

I like having the original tech return to again work on my ghost ants problem. He was personable, showed how he would continue attacking the ants, seems concerned in solving my problem.

Colleen Edwards
December 4th, 2019 Alamo, CA DETAILS

In my experience with Aptive, the company has done a great job of providing me with service updates via email and texts. Each of the technicians who have worked at my home have introduced themselves, and explained what they were going to do in advance of providing the service.

Kristina Douglas
December 4th, 2019 DETAILS

I called Aptive Environmental to come out between services bc I saw scorpions on the porch. They came out the very next day. Stephen did an outstanding job spraying and treating everything, even the whole back yard! I couldn't be happier with the service. He explained what he did and precocion we should take with our puppy before treated area is safe. I'm very happy with the service!

Jesse S
December 4th, 2019 Bartlett, IL DETAILS

Sam was very efficient laying traps and identifying/closing vulnerabilities in the house, both internally and externally. Sam explained everything throughout the process and showed us pictures of the issues that need to be addressed to prevent future problems. Sam was very professional and seemed trustworthy. It has been less than a week, but we have seen no new activity since. I definitely trust these guys.

doug weir
December 4th, 2019 Bothell, WA DETAILS

The Tech did a fine job...no complaints at all with him. My one complaint is with your scheduling. This is supposed to be a quarterly deal...application was done on 11-29....quarterly from last application would be 12-19. Also, I continue to get emails that you want me back- like I'm not a customer anymore.. this is very confusing to me.

Elizabeth A Wallace
December 4th, 2019 Herndon, VA

very good job deserves the extra $5 for a job well done

Sara
December 4th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Great and professional, thanks! Timely service

Chris Somera
December 4th, 2019 Bonney Lake, WA DETAILS

Professional, informative & friendly service. Appointment was between 8AM & 10AM. He was at the house by 8AM.

Annika Farmer
December 4th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Brandon is excellent, he is always very thorough and professional.

Chuck
December 4th, 2019 Winchester, CA DETAILS

We’ve noticed that the service isn’t what it used to be and this last service was awful. The technician came out as scheduled. Normally we are home but not this time, the dogs were in the house. The technician did only the front. Did not do sides or backyard but charged for entire service. We called when we reviewed our video and cancelled. A week later still no email about cancellation or refund. Had to call again.

Beverly D.
December 4th, 2019 Marysville, WA

A friend referred me to Active Environmental and it has been an all around positive experience. An appointment was scheduled and Jose arrived right on time. I told him I had issues of sugar ants in my kitchen and mice in my basement. What I thought were mice were actually baby rats! There was a large dead rat on the floor that he promptly removed. Jose was respectful, polite and knowledgable. I believe I am in good hands with Active Environmental.

L.Collazo
December 4th, 2019 Brandon, FL

My technician Chad did a good job. He took his time outside and checked inside for point of entry of the rat but we were the ones to actually find the entry point inside by pulling forward the dryer and outside of the dryer vent . We were also the ones to trap it.

Myra
December 4th, 2019 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

Job done quickly and efficiently. Technician was courteous and thorough.

Sharon
December 4th, 2019 Wayne, NJ DETAILS

Thomas Jennings serviced my home on 11/27/19. He was professional, courteous and thorough. He explained what he was going to to do and applied a barrier of protection around my house against pests. Since I have been using Aptive, I haven't seen any bugs or spiders. Thank you.

Joey Cisneros
December 4th, 2019 Puyallup, WA DETAILS

My appointment was on a very windy day. Knowing about the procedure of the chemicals to be used around my home I was concerned. A lot would be blowing in the air and not on the direct areas. I was in my home knowing that the Aptive employee would finish soon and come to the front door. Well he left, this was the first time since I became a customer that this happen. All others came to the door. Very disappointed

james Arzente
December 4th, 2019 Bellevue, WA DETAILS

The individual had to up the materials used on my 4th application from aptive. We spoke about trouble areas in the house which he gave special attention to, he did a job. I forgot his name.

Meredith
December 4th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Justin was so nice and did a great job with everything.

SR
December 3rd, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

Javon J serviced my house. He patiently answered my many questions. Shayna r.

Staci S
December 3rd, 2019 Woodinville, WA DETAILS

Happy to say our rat problem around our chickens is gone. And they are less expensive then the competition.

Deb K
December 3rd, 2019 Eden Prairie, MN DETAILS

Previous service has been less than stellar until Phillip N took care of us! He was on time, well prepared, thorough, and very friendly.

Regina Bigler
December 3rd, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I was called a day or so before the appointment. The young man, Degerald P, arrived on the appointed day. He was friendly and efficient.

Carol Rygiel
December 3rd, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

The technician was wonderful. He worked hard and did a great job. Yes, he deserves a bonus!!

Rey
November 27th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA

Ants still exist on my backyard, not satisfied with the service

Nov 27, 2019

Rey, so sorry to hear this! Please give us a call so we can send one of our trucks back out to your home!

Karen
November 27th, 2019 Mission Hills, CA DETAILS

Roberto G was one of the most helpful service techs that has come to service my home. Knowledgeable and highly recommended

Michele B
November 27th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Daniel I was the technician who came to our home today. He was so friendly and so efficient. He listened to my concerns (fear!!) of a snake I saw crawl under my patio. He sprinkled stuff around the patio and also laid some boxes in my garage that will trap a snake.

Sharyn Hyatt
November 27th, 2019 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

Set traps quickly and the gentleman was great

AG
November 27th, 2019 Cortlandt Manor, NY DETAILS

Very pleasant. Very thorough job around the house.

James Shaft
November 27th, 2019 Sun Prairie, WI DETAILS

Service Tech Kyle K of aptive did a good and efficient job. Very professional and informative.

Jacob D
November 26th, 2019 Saline, MI DETAILS

Corey did a great job today with my service. He was polite, professional, courteous and very respectful of my time. Thank you! -Jacob D.

Emily Hurst
November 26th, 2019 O'Fallon, MO

Quick service. Receipt sent immediately after completion. Decreased the amount of bugs we usually get in the basement during the fall by 80%.

Carolyn Tyler
November 26th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS

Arrived on time called with approximate arrival time was thorough with the service

Frank J
November 26th, 2019 Lake Hopatcong, NJ DETAILS

Today I had my winter pest control performed by Kyle W. Kyle greeted by wife before he got started applying pest control around the house. He then posted a sign and left a work sheet letting us know about job he completed

kim
November 26th, 2019 Poway, CA DETAILS

Always a pleasant experience with our technicians. Josh W was super friendly. Since we started using Aptive we haven't had any pests issues!

Sco
November 26th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Don did a good job of explaining what ha was doing and why. Professional and friendly too.

Sathish Sandu
November 26th, 2019 Aldie, VA DETAILS

Qusay S did a service today 11/25. He was very professional and answered all my questions patiently. He did an excellent job.

D Vazquez
November 26th, 2019 Lutz, FL DETAILS

First of all my service is every 3 months. They came in October and had to make a complaint for not completing the service yet they stated they did. They came today 11/25/19 charged me $125 and not only did they come in the correct month, but the technician didn’t even treat my back porch or specific areas of interest. I am considering cancelling these services.

Nov 27, 2019

So sorry to hear we dropped the ball! Please give us a call so we can make this right! Thanks so much in advance!

THIAGO TELES
November 26th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Terrible customer service. They will just show up at your home without previously scheduling a date. In addition, the service is not worth the money and is very bad quality. Do not sign-up with this company!

Nov 27, 2019

Thiago, please give us a call! We definitely want to make this right!

victor olivarez
November 26th, 2019 Manvel, TX DETAILS

good job...he explained everything he was going to do...and what to expect from it..good personality...

Robert Perry
November 26th, 2019 Pottstown, PA DETAILS

Great service. Professional technicians. Easy to deal with and very thorough.

Don Schoedel
November 26th, 2019 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS

He came to the door, confirmed I still wanted Aptive service because his record showed I had cancelled in the past. Describe what the service entailed and promptly did the work.