Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.9

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Special Offer
Aptive Environmental is currently offering
the following special promotion:

• $50 off the Initial Service

To redeem this offer, call NOW
with promo code "enjoy".

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc.

Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Kristina Douglas

I called Aptive Environmental to come out between services bc I saw scorpions on the porch. They came out the very next day. Stephen did an outstanding job spraying and treating everything, even the whole back yard! I couldn't be happier with the service. He explained what he did and precocion we should take with our puppy before treated area is safe. I'm very happy with the service!

bookmark

Featured Review

Jesse S Bartlett, IL

Sam was very efficient laying traps and identifying/closing vulnerabilities in the house, both internally and externally. Sam explained everything throughout the process and showed us pictures of the issues that need to be addressed to prevent future problems. Sam was very professional and seemed trustworthy. It has been less than a week, but we have seen no new activity since. I definitely trust these guys.

Pete Mendez San Antonio, TX

Our most recent experience has been great. Our technician, Kashja B. T. did a fabulous job. She checked in with us to confirm what our needs were and if anything changed from the last visit. She had excellent service and I have found this company is very responsive and easy to contact when needed. Plus then service we receive is great.

Carolyn L. Upper Marlboro, MD

Today we received excellent service with Aptive Environmental. Our technician, Reginald, was punctual, friendly, extremely courteous, and professional. He did an excellent job inside and outside while communicating to us what he was doing while performing his task.

dj claypool Vista, CA

The 5 star is for one of Aptive's technicians, Nicholas M. He is very professional, thorough and their best technician!!! He reminds me of what Aptive (Corporate and technicians) were like where they were starting in my area. Unfortunately, the company is awful, but he keeps me with them. 10 stars Nicholas!!!!! Aptive Environmental - you get negative 5 squares... no stars for you!!! 5 years ago, Aptive Environmental would have gotten a 5 star review, Corporate changed everything - no longer have any customer service, no contact with a person (other than their poor tech's who are given different information than what Corporate says ...i.e. email stating your service date and time frame for tech to arrive and then tech's schedule is completely different than what email states).

E H Mower San Diego, CA

Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and on time are excellent qualities for your employees to have, and Josh and his coworker definitely have those qualities. There has been only one time during a past visit when an employee seemed to be more in a hurry than wanting to do a good job. Unfortunately I was not at home at the time and heard from my nephew about him afterwards and I don’t have a name. Ever since then, your employees have been great. The guy who came here on 12/15/2020 was very helpful and informative and was the first to tell me that he could put a rat trap in the backyard to maybe help keep rats away from my macadamia nut trees. I’m sorry that I can’t be positive, but I think his name is Stephen.

Gina Valle Piscataway, NJ

Steven W. was great. He asked what I wanted done and did the job thoroughly, once completed he gave a full explanation of what was done. Very friendly and professional..

Gabriela Pujols Boca Raton, FL

Aptive was quick, great prices and customer service, and amazing at home service. Emmanuel G. was super efficient attending all my concerns and provided a great service throughout.

Vicki Halsell Saint Charles, MO

Cold call representative was nice and sold me on the company. I have my first treatment scheduled for today and he assured me, even had me repeat the time for my appointment, that a representative would be here, on time, between 8am and noon. Well, here I am still sitting here AFTER NOON waiting on my homes first treatment. I called to get an idea of when the rep would show up and was basically "dismissed" and told I would be contacted when he was "on his way". Generally I am an easy customer to please but after cancelling a morning appointment and my entire morning only to be dismissed I am not happy and most likely will be in search of another company once my term expires with Aptive. Beware if you value your time.

Aptive Environmental Logo

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

May. 6th, 2021

Christine Keady Vienna, VA

Nicholas F. was great and provided the level of attention I've come to expect from Aptive. He introduced himself at the start and told me his plans. Asked if there were any problems and where so he could treat those areas and see what might be going on to cause the pest activity. With the rain, we've noticed more ants coming into the house, but they aren't coming in from the area I mentioned to him. His targeted efforts helped in that area so I am going to see if they can do the same targeted treatment in a different location. They provide free follow-up service!

JenG Brandon, FL

This was our first time using Aptive, I was excited for the amount of coverage your company covers in my yard. But I was a little disappointed after talking with my husband. He said he had to ask the tech if he was going to spray our elephant ears ( back right & left corner of back yard) and our shed. His response was “ya I can do that”. Not yes I was planning on doing that. So my concern now is do the techs not do everything the sales guys told me he was going to do. I was told I would get coverage from the front of my yard to the back, that’s what I found different about your company and why I went with you guys. If this is not the service you provide I would like to cancel. I do not want to have to watch the tech while they are hear to make sure we are receiving the correct service. I was not in need of pest control but was willing to give it a try for those reason. Please let me know your thought before the next service.

Douglas Martin Palm Harbor, FL

The Best! Mr. B. went above and beyond to treat our home today. I showed him some insects. He not only identified them, but told me just how he intended to stop them from entering our home. He cleaned and treated the weak area and told us what to watch for. He did more than any service tech we have had so far. Can we get Jordan B. every time???

Jessica Lopez , FL

Ive been with aptive almost a year now. No complaints so far. A new employee treated the wrong house last friday without me knowing. I received a call from aptive customer service about the mix up and Bo came out the next monday to complete the service and paid special attention to the areas I mentioned. Mistakes happen but it's all about how you resolve them that matters. Thankyou Aptive, job well done!

Crystal Heifner St Louis, MO

Your service techs are always very nice, but DeAnte R. was the BEST EVER! He was very friendly & did everything I asked him to do in the house. He also looked into the attic for me. I want him back for the next visit! When I clicked on the $5.00 bonus above, it said "Code access denied & Msg. access denied. What is going on? He certainly deserves it! Please make sure he gets it!

Paul Dormeyer Grover, MO

First I want to say that our tech,Willie, did an absolutely outstanding job. He completed every aspect of the service with total professionalism. He said he strives to do the best he can at what he does and it shows. He made sure every product he applied had complete coverage and was sure to tell me what he was doing and what to expect from the product. Aptive is fortunate to have an employee like Willie who takes so much pride in his work to the customers satisfaction. I had been a previous customer of Aptive but had dropped the service. There is no comparison with this service compared with what we saw previously. Previously with Aptive the tech who did our service dusted around the eaves and spread a little product on the ground. We assumed thats what we should expect. Since we decided to give yo a second chance we were shocked at what we should have gotten with prior service. Not only did Willie dust for spiders and nests, he put product around the house, put spots of a dust under the siding. Put out bait traps and the sprayed around the foundation and then came into the house and sprayed product around the baseboards and inside a cabinet where we see ants periodically. He sprayed the basement base and put out spots of ant gel where the ants had come in. Now that’s complete. I think you can see what we got for our money with previous service from Aptive compared to now. There is no comparison. We are happy we gave you a second whence with service like it should have been. Lastly Willie is a great part of why we are so pleased.

Stephanie Montreal, QC

We have been with Aptive for over a year and they are all great. Helpful customer service when you call, fast to resolve and schedule, and amazing friendly, polite, respectful and extremely knowledgeable field experts as the techs we always love to see. We truly enjoy the quick visit, even if just at 9am on Saturday, sharing our morning routine like a part of our family breezing through the house taking care of the cracks & crevices while being passed among all 3 of us for delightful conversations and joy filled laughs. I don't see us ever choosing another company as we've been taught exceptionally well about the safety of the perfectly developed products as we are a home filled with a few kitties, a couple lizards and raising their food plus autistic young daughter mom shares being on the spectrum as well. Aptive is the easy respray anytime a pest returns & a blessing on our organic vegetable gardening along with our hobby of growing plants.

Francis King Hillsborough, NJ

Trustin Oliver did a great job. He was able go over our 'trouble spots' that my wife pointed out with extra spray. ~Frank K

Eric Boulet Richmond, TX

Our technician was Tracy Bourne. He was friendly but professional as well as efficient. He did a fantastic job and found wasp nests and ant problems that we were not yet aware of! Thanks! Michael B.

cassie lesti Medina, OH

Today was my best service in 2 years. The rep was very friendly and took her time treating our entire house on the outside and basement. No one has ever been this detailed and cared about doing an amazing job ! Usually they are in and out in 15 mins. I was very happy with my service today. Melissa S. deserves a raise !

Diane Zachary Osseo, MN

I have used them for two years and have not had any problem with pests or bugs whatsoever. Thy have very reasonable pricing and treat both the inside and outside of my house.

Amber Indianapolis, IN

MAT H. was amazing!!! He was very personable and seemed happy to be doing his job! He did a thorough job and explained everything that would be taking place. If I had cash I would’ve tipped him! Amber M.

Andrew Kim West Sacramento, CA

Thank you Juan & Aptive Environmental Team! Very much appreciate the great customer service. You've been very thoughtful on your approach to servicing our property. We appreciate you being able to respond quickly to requests. Overall, I definitely recommend Aptive Environmental. Thank you.

Brittany Holm Greenwood, IN

We received great service from "Jeffrey E. 7" this past Tuesday. He made sure to close our gate and notify me about the lock on the gate. It is much appreciated that he went above and beyond to ensure our gate was secure, especially since we have dogs! Thank you.

Priscilla Solitto ,

James L. did a great job. He listened to my concerns and handled them with professionalism and courtesy. I needed to change the credit card number on my auto pay account and he did it. I did not have to contact the business office. He

JD and Anita Sammamish, WA

Our Service Pro was India. She did a thorough and exceptional job treating for everything. She was also especially helpful recommending a service to deal with a raccoon problem we're having. India is a professional and excellent employee who well represents Aptive.

Ann Rosenthal Noblesville, IN

John T provided service today in the pouring rain and was still very enthusiastic. We just had new mulch installed and he explained how it can attract spiders (which I hate!) and that his treatment today would take care of that. I always feel better after we have a treatment by Aptive. Ann R.

Jill Escott Riverview, FL

I was unhappy to find out that I had decided to switch from a service that also treated my yard (spraying the yard) for fleas and ticks to a company that doesn't. The whole reason we use a pest control is for the flea and tick yard service. So, what we were sold at the door and what we got are 2 very different things. The tech that came out did his job and was not to blame for misinformation. He was very polite. Although please don't send anyone to our door again without a mask. When asked, he did put one on.

Jerry F North Hills, CA

My service technician, Robert A., is great! Before he started, he reviewed everything in detail with me, he did a really thourogh job and all with a great atitude. PLUS, the rates are very competitive. What a refreshing experience. I was with another national company for 25 yrs. I wishI had changed sooner. I highly recommend Aptive

Alexandrea White Safety Harbor, FL

Jordan B. was very informative and explained the process of pest control thoroughly. He was timely and I have seen a huge difference in my exterior pest problems (wasps) - I thought surely I would need to call Aptive sooner but it has been almost a month and the creepy crawlys are staying away!

Jennifer R ,

Doug was a true professional and made us feel confident in picking Aptive. He was very thorough and explained everything to us in detail and answered questions. Doug brought us reassurance that the problem would and is being handled properly!

Patrick J McCarragher Richmond, TX

Aptive Environmental has done a very good job of keeping nasty critters out of our home. Since we have had your service, we have seen a significant decline in undesirable bug activity around our residence. The service representatives are always courteous and friendly in their dealings with us, while doing their work in a very efficient manner. My only concern is that we don't always receive advance notice of service dates.

Carole Mushkin Ballwin, MO

Your technician Willie let me know he was here, let me know what he was doing. He also let me know that he would be my regular technician. I was unable to complete the survey to recommend his for $5.00 "bonus"- I received an error. The same thing happened last quarter.

Rebekkah Montes Saint Charles, MO

My technician did an outstanding job! I think his name was Earl, but I cannot recall. He was polite, attentive and even offered to spot check my garage since it was open. Earl fully explained to me what the day's treatment would include and asked if I had any specific concerns. He was so professional and kind, I really appreciated his extra effort. If I got his name wrong, please view my account, Rebekkah Montes, to ensure he knows that he did a great job!

Tricia Foster Sarasota, FL

As always, Cory S., my Aptiva Representative called to let me know his arrival time. He always has a smile and does a thorough job making sure I will never have to deal with a "creepy crawley" again either inside or outside my home. Not all exterminator companies are the same as proven by Aptiva's technology and attention to customer service. Highly recommend. Tricia Foster

Patty Desrosiers Saint Charles, MO

Jarvis did a fantastic job. He is so polite, friendly and does a thorough job. Best technician you have. 100% better then last tech. I tried to go on about the $5 bonus but it came up error each time. I'd gladly pay for his $5 bonus. I have had him another time also did a fantastic job the too. Id like for him to be my permanent tech. He is the best you have in this area.

Jeannie P. Reseda, CA

I've been with Aptive for one year and haven't seen a bug or heard a mouse since! The peace of mind knowing they are taking care of my property is invaluable! Aptive's representatives, just like Talen C. who performed the service last week, are always professional, courteous, friendly, efficient and reliable! I couldn't ask for more! If you're not using Aptive, why bother?

Betsy Jacobson ,

#1. Christian is was superb!. He's knowledgable and explains what he will be doing and why. He went above and beyond in helping me get rid of the the mice in my house. He represents your company very well and so I give you a top rating because of him. Thank you Christian I would prefer that you be the person who does my six month treatment. You are. AMAZING #2. The appointment people are nice but it takes someone in an authority position to arrange the pick up for the mice. Their first response --you'll have to wait 2 days. You can have a dead mouse in the closet and wait two days. Thankfully I persisted to talk to someone who could make that arrangement.

linda richards Chicago, IL

hi i am Linda R but account under James M. i am giving 5 stars to Tim P, not the entire Aptives company. i usually do not have a good experience with APTIVES, but today Tim Perry came to do the quarterly and i was very impressed. he was so detailed in everything. he did the outside dusted and swept for cob webs and did the garage and crawl space. Ive noticed many aptives reps. do not bother to do anything outside in winter, or want to go in the grawl space. But Tim did everything i asked. he treated it like it was his own house and really woked from his heart. He significantly exceeded and went above and behond. He even noticed that the previous guy gave me the wrong traps for ants. it wasnt for ants, it was for cockroaches. i needed ant food. Thank you Tim

Denon Alderson Chula Vista, CA

Eduardo was another stellar representative of Aptive. He took our yard personally, gave us additional insight about our pests, and committed to following through until our garden is free! 🐛🐛🐛🦋🦋🦋

Maria McGurk Chino Hills, CA

Mr. A. is a very professional, polite and expert in his work. This is the second time Aptive Service came into my house and so far the experience has been outstanding. ThanK you and God is with you, Mrs. Maria McGurk

Jessi Rieken Seattle, WA

My Technician was great! He walked me around my backyard, showed me what he had done and asked if I had any questions. He was professional, kind and very informed to all my questions about spiders and bugs. Thank you!

Greg Junior Spring Valley, NY

Tech Follow social distance when arrived at the location he make sure all main targets all around the house es fumigate he explained everything that he was going to do before he started thank you so much he gets a 5 ⭐️

Joe K Warren Township, NJ

Vincent D. was very professional , spoke to me prior to service asked me about my pest concerns. Explained what he would be doing and when finished , he let me know and when they would be back.

Jian Zhou Fairfax, VA

LEAD SP-Kevin S. was very thorough and methodical. He walked through the outside and inside of my home to inspect, asked questions and answered mine. I liked his service, very professional.

Brooke Bender Carmel, IN

They have excellent customer service. Everyone I've spoken to has been so thorough on the process and what exactly is being done. They are always so kind and friendly as well.

Bianca ,

Joshua was extremely knowledgeable and took time to explain what he was seeing and the process. A friend recommended Aptive to me. I would also recommend Aptive. Thank you.

Jeff Smith Ballwin, MO

After some concerns re: previous service, they came out quickly and addressed the issues I had speedily and with great communication throughout the process. Will always refer them to others!!

Quinn Hume ,

Aptive comes to the house as scheduled and does a thorough job. The technician also takes the time to explain things if you have questions. And he informs you of when he's done on the site.

Aaron Evins Cibolo, TX

John R. came out and did a phenomenal job and educated me about the process as well. He was an amazing person as well and I will be trying to get him out personally for the rest of my services if I can!

Lee Bennett Vienna, VA

Only the exterior area was treated; nothing was done inside the house to remove the insects that had been captured on the sticky strips since last time. Perhaps if previous visits had been examined, it would have been noticed that we have had occasional mice and ever rarer an occasional snake.