Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

9.9

Visit Site 1-(855) 677-3010

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: July 3rd, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

Founded in 2015, the company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive Reservice Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets
  • Aptive Reviews

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive Reservice Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assesments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

Rae Beasley LA

Awesome young men, very professional, Kyler very knowledgeable about ants being subterranean. “Outdoorsman” from Madison County that said he was engaged, was very polite & worked along well inside & out. And nobody left either gate open for dog to escape! I forgot to ask if Aptive is publicly traded, so that I can buy stock. Price point seems fair. Mature people will pay for quality Very impressed!

Mike Philadelphia, PA

Great salesperson with a lot of enthusiasm and knowledge of the business. He had a sense of urgency and work ethic that is rare in kids these days. Then the technician arrived within the window provided by salesperson an hour later. Technician was excellent as well and walked me thru everything he saw and how he handled and what to expect in future visits. Great customer service experience overall!

Rosy Philadelphia, PA

I was tricked into signing an 18 month contract after being told that I was signing to confirm my first evaluation appointment. But the exterminator Darlene that came out was extremely kind thorough and super quick. Her knowledge was very admirable.

JL Columbus, OH

Always get friendly and professional service from the people who come to my house. Recently a salesperson was in the neighborhood and stopped by to ask me if I was satisfied with the service , and asked if I had any questions or concerns. Great way to do business!

Educator1953 Owasso, OK

The service was excellent. Our technician, Rustin, was patient and thorough and kept us informed of what he was doing. He sent texts and pictures to us of his work. We were very satisfied with Aptive and plan to stick with their program.

Olivier D San Antonio, TX

I had my home in San Antonio serviced by Bastien Ma who was fantastic. Company is always very punctual, friendly, and gets the job done fast. They also provide a full summary of products used, how much, and links to information about what they used. It helps me feel comfortable as a pet owner that the chemicals used won't risk any of the animals.

Gill M Centreville, VA

Alexi called 30 to 50 minutes before he arrives. He was very thorough with his work, listened to all my requests very carefully. Aptive always does a great job with their work. Highly recommended. Happy customer in Centreville, VA.

Beatrice Adame San Antonio, TX

I really enjoy having Aptive pest control. They always confirm appts and are very friendly and thorough. Andrew K was very good and listened to my concerns and addressed them. I feel confident taking my grandson outside! Thank you Andrew!

Marilyn Paulis-Kneski New York, NY

I appreciate the courtesy of notifications from Aptive regarding my service appointments. I receive a text reminder the day before, a text alert 20 minutes before their arrival, and they ring the bell to announce their arrival and again upon completion.

C Desrosiers Clermont, FL

We are so thankful for the amazing job that Jeff did during our first visit. He was so thorough in explaining everything to me; walking me through each step of his process and what he would be doing. Once the service was complete, he again took the time to show me everything that was completed. We will be requesting Jeff for every service we receive.

Yuliya Filippova NA

Michelle Duncan NA

Angelo Marchetto Prosper, TX

I have been using their service for a year now, I live next to a pond and a lots of trees, so far they are controlling very well the pest in my home. Thank you and continue the good work!

Shannon Crammer McDonough, GA

Their products work. We had issues with carpenter ants in our sunroom last year, but they’re gone and no sign of them. They also treat for sugar ants that appear every summer in our kitchen.

Docgoddess San Ramon, CA

Ethan was incredibly friendly and explained everything he was doing. The ants have been marching across the neighborhood and had decided they would post up here… uh-uh not today… Ethan saved the day.

David Yount Shawnee, OK

Every visit by an Aptive rep is top notch - they explain what they are going to do and they are very friendly. They do a thorough job and we are very pleased with their service.

Courtney Edwards Calhoun, GA

This service is great, he was very thorough and knew what he was talking about. I can’t wait to see the outcome with less bugs and insects in our area and inside of our home. Thank you Aptive!

Stephanie Scott Wexford, PA

The young men were quick, efficient, personable and professional. I was extremely pleased with the experience and would recommend the company to anyone looking for this service. Great job!

Lilia Castro Helotes, TX

Jarrett T from Aptive came to provide a complete pest control treatment. What I liked about this service is that he was friendly. It gave me complete confidence that if I saw any pests around, after his service, I could call and they would be over right away. Thank YOU Aptive for a great service.

Joseph Kulakowski White House, TN

I enjoy the professional service. Every Aptive representative has been courteous, considerate and informative. They listen, understand the issue and take steps to ensure the pest issues are resolved. They also ensure customers know they can be contacted whenever an issue outside of the quarterly routine care visits arise.

Bri Ting Plano, TX

Ricardo was fantastic and arrived on time for my appt to service my home. He quickly noticed we had sugar ants and shared how best to treat the inside and exterior of my residence. I am very satisfied w the work he did for us this summer.

Michael Austin Dallas, TX

Joseph texted to let me know he was on his way. He arrived within the time we agreed upon, he completed all tasks and spoke to me afterwards to let me know what he has done and when he would be back. Over all very professional first visit.

Kathleen Nalli Aliquippa, PA

Met with Aptive representative in person. Spoke with Jared K and Calvin. Discussed with them the products used by Aptive and their safety. Also discussed frequency of applications. Requested information regarding rodent control as I have had issues with mice. Pricing is much more reasonable with Aptive than the previous rodent companies I have dealt with.

Joanne Nicoletti Pittsburgh, PA

I was very impressed with Don and he went above and beyond in helping me understand what happened and the supply issue. I think he deserves the extra $5.00 for the service rendered. If possible I would appreciate if he was the technician who always serviced my home. He saved this account because after not having my concerns addressed over lack of mice bait, I was considering discontinuing this service and getting another company. Don convinced me to stay on.

Rocky WA

Hello my name is Rocky R. and I would like ot commend Manuel A. He has now serviced my house for pest control 2x and each time he was nice and very knowledgeable. I would like to give him a shoutout for always doing a great job. Aptive has some great technicians but Miguel has gone above and beyond a few times. Please commend him a job well done multiple times.

Lin Berthoud, CO

Shannon handled everything I asked to be addressed. She was prompt, polite, thorough and professional. She even told me what activity to expect after.

zxloxty ytxolxz Lynwood, CA

Aptive Has been servicing our property for over a year and they have been increasingly more communicative and performant with their service. We couldn’t be happier.

Tom Reilly Jacksonville, FL

The technician, Sean, was great. He was thorough in his service and gave a detailed summary of everything he did. Aptive is a great company with great technicians

Victor McCombs Aurora, CO

The bug guy and gal that come to my house are the most through workers. They listen to my requests. Flexible when it comes to scheduling.. I would use any other company to do my bug be gone job.

William Glen Ellyn, IL

Lucus was very professional with all the services requested and documented all the work performed with detail and precision. The reports Lucus provided will assist with future service work. Thank you.

Peter Colombo Bridgewater, MA

I was not planning to do the treatment At this time but Juan did a great job explaining the benefits of doing it now. Rico was 15 minutes early and did a great job with explaining and executing the application.

Tammy Eaton Pittsburgh, PA

Great first impression of company (this was our first service with Aptive) - Don was very professional and informative - provided a very thorough description of the services provided and what to expect in the upcoming visits.

R Weaver Dickson, TN

I have been having Aptive treat our home for a while now. We have seen a big decline in spiders and red wasps. Very happy with the service and for our techniciann Zeke who does the treatments. Very courteous, helpful and always asks if we need any specific issues handled. Great service!

Josh Gill Fenton, MI

Andrew J and his other associate were excellent. They communicated their arrival time and met it, explained the process in detail and answered my many questions, they also went above and beyond in the application process by treating hot spot areas that i missed. They were pleasant, clean, and professional.

Barbara Desmond Greensburg, PA

Clayton B arrived on time, was polite and explained what he was about to do. He thoroughly answered my question about preserving honeybees. Aptive does not spray flowering plants to preserve bees' pollinating spots. He went over my contract line by line, ensuring that I understood each aspect before moving onto the next. When Clayton got to work, I hardly knew he was there because he was so quiet. He sent me a text when he'd finished the job. Barbara D.

Janice H Denver, CO

I am a first time customer with Aptive. Richard was on time, extremely thorough and explain everything in a way I could understand. Spent significant amount of time throughout my yard and paid special attention to my concerns. I hope I get Richard every time and I will highly recommend this company to my family and friends and hope they get Richard too!!!

Jennifer Curfman San Antonio, TX

Tyler D T was the service specialist that came to my home. He was extremely polite, professional, conscientious and full of knowledge. I had several questions and he patiently answered each one in great detail. He explained everything he was going to do and recapped what services were performed before he left. The very last thing he did before he left was ask if I had any questions or concerns. Excellent customer and personal service skill set.

Charles Holdenried Ballwin, MO

Very professional explanation of Aptive services by the sales consultant. Technician, Lawrence, arrived within the hour to complete our initial service. Very friendly and professional consultation of upcoming services. Provided all the details of our first application and fully explained those details. Completed those details of our service on our online report. Great service!!

Clarissa Phalen TX

I have been with Aptive Environmental for a couple years and my experience today was by far the best. My service agent went above and beyond with my home treatment and put my confidence back into this company. If I could have this customer service agent every time, or have his positivity and enthusiasm spread amongst the group the experience would no doubt be by far the best.

Thomas W Kippenberger Brentwood, TN

Joshua was excellent in explaining the process and identifying the specifics of controlling the pests we are currently dealing with. It is rare in today's world when a young man can capture your attention and truly make you feel like you are being taken care of. This man and our sales representative Luke should be given leadership roles in training your employees.

Yolanda S San Antonio, TX

My technician-Tyler D T was very considerate, professional and informative regarding my pest control needs. We were scheduled for a certain day and it started getting late, most companies would have delayed or rescheduled us, but Tyler kept to his scheduled date and I did not feel like he rushed through the treatment and gave us the complete service that we paid for. If I have ever needed them to come out for anything after their initial treatment, they went above and beyond to explain what my needs were before treatment. I also appreciate that they are eco-friendly. Yolanda S. #BestCompanyReview

Anna Vessa New Jersey

Jimmy Mohegan Lake, NY

They kept their promise, showed up on time. Did what they said they were going to do. Very professional! I’ll recommend this company to anyone.

Edna Silva Fontana, CA

Eileen was the professional technician who came to treat the front and back yard. She was thorough and cordial. Thank you!

DeWanda Gichemi Grand Rapids, MI

Very good customer service! Services seems to be making a huge difference with getting rid of spiders and other insects. Affordable services!

Gail Smoley Jacksonville, FL

Sean explained everything he was going to do and I really appreciated that. He was well spoken and very polite. He was very thorough.

Joe G. Madison, WI

They give a lot of advance communication, show up on time and prepared. I get a thorough report of the work that was done. The techs are courteous.

Sammechez Sicklerville, NJ

Very pleased with the service and professionalism of Aptive. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality pest service.

Ron Sparks Oklahoma City, OK

Salesman was friendly without being aggressive, representative seemed to be knowledgeable and was very courteous and professional.

Debbie Daniel San Antonio, TX

They’ve been my pest control company for years now and no matter what my problem is they come right out to resolve it.