Best Company Guarantee Americor Logo

Americor

8.6

LAST UPDATED: October 6th, 2022

Americor is a debt relief company based in Irvine, California. The company has relieved more than $2 billion of debt. Its more than 400 employees provide debt settlement services to borrowers with at least $3,500 of debt.

Americor offers a debt settlement program in which clients submit their information, consult with the company, and apply for a program. Then, the company assigns you a negotiator who works to settle your debts with your creditor or creditors, typically for 55 to 65 percent of the original enrolled balance.

Like most debt relief companies, Americor works with unsecured debt such as credit card debt or sometimes personal loan debt. If you have significant secured debt, such as mortgage or car loan debt, a debt relief company is probably not going to be able to help you.

Read on for more features about the company, or scroll to the bottom to find verified Americor reviews.

Video Customer Reviews

Kim Cook Customer Review Video About Americor

Kim Cook

Thomas J Boyle Customer Review Video About Americor

Thomas J Boyle

Robert Mott Customer Review Video About Americor

Robert Mott

The Good

• Accreditations
  • No Upfront Fees
  • Simple Process
  • Americor Customer Service

Accreditations

Americor has been certified by the American Fair Credit Council, the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators, and the Receivables Management Association.

The American Fair Credit Council is a consumer advocate group and the leading debt settlement company association. Certification by the American Fair Credit Council signifies adherence to a strict code of conduct, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices. Additionally, all American Fair Credit Council members agree to not charge customers until after successfully negotiating their debt.

The International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators’ certification communicates that a debt settlement company is committed to a high level of training and certification.

Companies that are certified by the Receivables Management Association must pass the association’s background check and adhere to industry best practices.

No Upfront Fees

Like many other reputable debt settlement companies, Americor doesn’t charge customers for its services until after it has settled their debt. This is a feature you should always look for in a debt relief company, and you shouldn't trust a company that does not offer a free consulation.

Simple Process

Americor offers a simple path to debt relief. You submit how much debt you have and the company provides you with available debt relief options.

Then, the company helps you apply for the right debt relief plan, and if accepted, you are enrolled and assigned a negotiator that will work to settle your debts with your creditors. Typically, negotiators are able to settle for 50–60 percent of the original balance.

After you have completed the program, you work to pay off your remaining, lower debts, and ultimately achieve a debt-free life.

Americor Customer Service

Americor has a near perfect score among clients in the service category. This bodes well for those considering working with the company. One Americor review mentions that the company is "always there" and calling back. General consensus among Americor reviews is that the company really excels in customer service.

The Bad

• Limited Services
  • Lack of Website Information

Limited Services

While some debt relief companies offer multiple kinds of services, Americor appears to offer only debt settlement services, and not debt consolidation or credit counseling. This limits what the company can do for you but could also mean that Americor is more specialized in debt settlement than other companies that try to handle a variety of financial issues under one roof.

Lack of Website Information

The information available on the Americor website is scant and doesn’t include specifics such as how much the company charges for its debt settlement services.

The Bottom Line

Americor offers debt settlement services in 34 states from its headquarters in Irvine, California.

The debt relief company has numerous certifications, which speak to the company’s commitment to ongoing training, adherence to industry best practices, and compliance with regulatory guidelines.

In particular, Americor’s certification through the American Fair Credit Council means the company does not charge for its services in advance. Americor customers can rest assured that they won’t be charged unless and until the company successfully settles their debt.

Americor appears to offer only debt settlement services. Those who are interested in debt consolidation or credit counseling services will need to look elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the company’s website doesn’t offer much additional information. Interested customers should contact Americor directly to find out whether the company is a good fit for their financial situation.

Call our recommended rep over at Americor below.

not_listed_location

Americor Frequently Asked Questions

Will I owe taxes on the amount of debt that is forgiven through a successful negotiation?

Some creditors may issue a 1099c for the amount of debt forgiven over $600. If this occurs, you may be able to file form 982 with your income tax return to offset any tax liability. To learn more about the impact of cancelled debt and how to offset potential tax liability, read publication 4681 on the IRS website.

Will I be able to enroll all of my debts in Americor's program?

No. The program focuses on unsecured debt like credit cards, medical bills, and personal loans. Loans that are secured by collateral such as your home or an automobile do not qualify for our program.

Can I negotiate my own debts?

The short answer is yes. It is possible for you to contact your creditors directly and negotiate your own debts. However, Americor negotiators have years of experience and direct relationships with creditors and collection agencies. Unless you are a skilled negotiator and extremely knowledgeable about the credit and collection industry, you may not be able to negotiate agreements as favorable as the ones Americor negotiators may reach on your behalf.

Who is holding the funds I save each month?

By law, all debt resolution providers are required to use an independent third-party payment processor to hold consumer funds while the consumer is enrolled in a debt resolution program. After enrolling in Americor's debt resolution program, the company will assist you in setting up a savings account with a licensed, third-party payment processor who will hold your savings funds and distribute all negotiated payments to your creditors in a timely manner. You are the owner of this account and you control all of the funds deposited and debited from the account.

Does a debt resolution program help repair my credit once I have completed the program?

No. Americor is not a credit repair company, and it does not offer credit repair services. However, negative items remain on your credit report for up to 84 months (7 years), so the sooner you are able to resolve your debts, the sooner you will be able to rebuild your credit with new credit accounts and timely payments.

Does a debt resolution program affect my credit score?

If you do not make timely minimum payments each month, or if you allow your credit cards to go into a charge-off status after six months of no payment, your credit score will be negatively impacted. This is true whether you enroll in a debt resolution program or not. The sooner you are able to resolve your delinquent accounts or negotiate a repayment plan for less than you owe, the sooner negative items will begin to not be factored into your credit score and the sooner you will be able to begin to rebuild your credit.

How long does it take to complete a debt resolution program?

While each person’s situation is unique, and it is dependent on how much debt you enroll and how fast you can save, Americor clients are typically able to complete a debt resolution program in 24 to 48 months.

How long does it take before I typically see results?

Clients typically see their first account resolved in four to seven months.

Can Americor guarantee all of my debts will be successfully negotiated through its program?

Americor will not enroll a creditor that the company has not successfully negotiated with. Part of the enrollment process is to determine which of your creditors Americor can and can not enroll. Americor has been successful negotiating debts by most all credit card companies since 2009.

How are fees charged and paid in a debt resolution program?

Americor never charges a fee until it is able to successfully resolve one of your accounts. When the company receives an offer from one of your creditors, it will submit a written agreement to you for your review and approval. Americor's fees are then paid on a prorated basis once the settlement payment is made.
Message from
Americor

The nation’s leading provider of consumer credit and debt relief solutions.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Kenneth

They seem to have everything under control and they helped me with whatever I need. Every time I've called they will answer all my questions and give me explicit information what I need to know and so very very helpful and very sweet when I talk to them. It has been very helpful, very informative and Vanessa was the one that got me taken care of and she was very very sweet and very knowledgeable and so all the other people I've talked to were very helpful as well.

Alan goad Evansville, IN

At first, I was highly skeptical. People call you and you just don't know even though you're the one who reaches out for the information. In this day and age is very very scary. The rep worked with me confirm some things for me that I didn't tell him so I knew he had access without me to some of my information and I finally had to be trusting because I think this is going to be an excellent plan for me

Patricia

It's been really good so far in terms of organization and making sure that I feel comfortable with the company. If I got a call I didn't need to get, because I ended up getting a call back within 5 minutes of having a call already done, they were able to pull up on file that they'd already contacted me for the same issue and were able to resolve it.

Angela

Very friendly, very knowledgeable, very patient. Listen to your options, they're doing what's best for you at your time and your situation. I think they're doing a great job right now. He explained everything and so far everything's been going like he said.

Esther

I would definitely say go with Americor they've been so good, information is great and I like working with them. The people I speak to are always so very helpful and they keep in touch, they are not overbearing and they've been very good to me.

Marquice

They're really good and they listen and they it's a real easy process. He was working with me and I had concerns and he was able to answer all my questions and get rid of those concerns. They explained everything thoroughly and I was fully informed of my decision by the end of getting set up. They were very easy to talk to, very informational.

The portal is very useful and very clear and it's all very straightforward. Every person I've spoken with from the company has always been courteous, polite, efficient and and seems to know what they're doing. You get the best interest rate and reliable company. They should do the settlements a little faster, it takes a really long time and in the meantime, our credit score gets really hit.

Jordan

Very professional experience. The representative has been very helpful and very informative, I can tell I'm going to be taking care of correctly. The representative made sure that all of my questions in any concerns that I have prior to starting the process were answered. Trust americor.

Rob

Very professional, extremely helpful, easy to deal with. Website is easy to navigate and overall good customer service. I can call in and anybody's willing to help me out. Nobody blows me over or anything, they're always willing to help and are easy to deal with.

Matthew

It's been an easy, smooth experience. They explained everything real well and they followed up with me and they made it well understood what I was doing. They're already negotiating with lendors. So far it's been a smooth process and I'm really happy with it.

Sonya

Very professional and he got right down to the bottom of my situation. If you are in a bad situation just call them, they are gonna help you out, they are gonna walk you through whatever you need.

Arneshia

I haven't had a bad experience at all. I'm really excited to see how this process proceeds. Everyone is knowledgeable as far as the program and how everything is broken down. The program is really good.

Terrence Blackwell Hazelwood, MO

So far everything has been going well. I just started So the only thing I can talk about is the customer service which is pretty awesome. Gabriel explained everything in a that I can understand it.

Larry stead Newport, WA

You're very helpful informative gave me all the information I was going to need told me everything that was going to happen as long as I followed the program I'd be successful and being debt free

Maggie

My experience with Americor was real good and they understood where I was coming from, and what payments that weren't paid and how much it was going to cost. They answered everything I questioned them about.

Angeline

It's been swell. My rep was friendly and he took the time to explain the Americor way of doing things so that I can understand making the decision to go ahead and be a member.

Steven

Americor is a record company. I got all my questions answered, my text messages were received and responded too, cellphone calls taking questions answered.

Brittany

The best experience I've had. They've explain everything to me in depth. They're just nice people overall I haven't had anybody rude. It's been great communication.

Alicia

They've been very pleasant and kind and patient and knowledgeable to answer my questions. They said they were going to reach out to me and they've kept their word

gary sloan Greer, SC

Explain so that I could understand. They were concerned and considerate. They listened to me carefully. They looked to see what program would my situation fit in.

Charlotte Azbell Nelsonville, OH

Very informative in terms of the process and what to expect. I didn't feel like I was being "sold " on anything. And the team is available when I have questions.

Sabrina tharp Bastrop, LA

Americor is with you all the way, from the first hour you communicate with them.They keep you informed when they reach an agreement with a creditor & you have a choice whether you want to accept that agreement.I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing help.

Steven Gaitan Stockton, CA

I was treated with respect when I spoke to a person from Americor about my being in debt. They really understood my situation and told me they were here to help me. That's the way it's been to this present day. From day one I've been freed up in my mind not to think about my debt. Americor has worked with my creditors to make payment agreements and I've been making my monthly payments and thats the way it's been.

Crystal

Customer service made us feel at ease and gave us the proper information we needed. We felt excited we were going to get taken care of. We've already recommended it twice. The experience so far has been very valuable and very knowledgeable and it gives us a sense of relief knowing that we're getting the best care for our financial needs. I would tell people to go with Americor. They are the company that has made us feel the most safe.

Viviana

I got all the explanations. She answered all my questions and didn't leave me by myself. We went through it all together. The process is working. They are interested in helping me and making sure I am taken care of. They were straightforward with me. I would recommend them. Experience has been very good. They understand what I've been going through. My experience with the person that was helping me was very good. I can communicate with her and she helps me.

Green

Everything has been great so far. They got back to me right away when I had a question. They helped me save money. I have recommended them to a friend already. I actually have had a great experience, they have helped me a lot because I had a lot of debt and they are helping me get out of that a lot quicker so I'm excited. I would definitely tell other people to go with you because they will get help quick. I don't have any negative feedback.

Quantavious

The customer service representative followed up and used his personal experience to relate to me. He was overall a good guy and made sure everything was good. They are always calling to check on the process. They have kept close contact. I would advise people to go to americor because they were really professional. They use their own life to help you get a better understanding of how it works and how it will benefit me in the future.

Policarpio Mallari Verbank, NY

Everyone was very knowledgeable, understanding, and extremely helpful. Thank you for helping me get back on the right financial path.

2 hours ago

Leonard J Brocki Dayton, OH

They helped us with paying off our creditors. Payment schedule was made easy to understand. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

2 hours ago

Darlene

The customer service from Americor is good - they've helped us a lot. They don't do personal loans like I thought they did, so that kind of messed me up.

Ivy

The website is very user friendly. They have been very responsive and the information has been very helpful. It's been very positive.

Brenda

My experience has been great with them so far, they answered all the questions and are good at calling back. AmeriCorp is wonderful.

Dan

I don't understand it exactly why they can't pay some of the things out earlier. I'm getting flak from a lot of these people and I just don't understand it.

Michael

Real good so far, everything we asked they come around and help you get it done. Excellent. They have done an excellent job.

Donna Bornman Covington, GA

Really it's help for paying the bills and getting the best deal of money for the partial payments. Thank you for the help again.

Cheryl Auger Nashua, NH

I've only been with Americor for a month, but so far my experience has been great. Friendly and helpful staff. Very supportive.

Lucien Eagle Lake, ME

They've been great. Gave advice when needed it. They were answering any questions with straight answers with one finger

Mika

Everytime that I've talked to them, they've explained what the next steps were gonna be, and how to go through the program.

Tiwana

I had a great sutomer service assistant, but with some hiccups I kept getting transferred around for 30 minutes while I was on my lunch break and got nothing resolved.

Michael Clark Richmond, IN

I found myself struggling and worrying about paying bills; Americor seems to have come at a time it was most needed and brought me some relief that I didn't know was possible.

Karen Converse, TX

I had a great experience getting everything set up. Jay, the gentleman that I spoke with, was amazing. He answered all of my questions and made me feel comfortable with the decision that I made. The only reason I did not give a five star is that I have just began the process.

xxx

This has been a unusual experience for me but americor agents did everything in their power to accommodate me and they were successful acomplishing my goal and I am off to recovery. Thank you americor.

Diane R Avery Lady Lake, FL

Americor made it easy to navigate my debt settlements, and provided me with all of the information I needed in a clear, concise, and timely manner. The staff at Americor are understanding, nice, and overall very professional. I knew from the moment I talked to the first representative to set up/apply for debt settlement that I was in good hands.

Charlotte Fish Arlington, TX

Easy friendly process. Informative. They went through what the whole process would take and made sure I understood the process and what I will be dealing with as far as creditors calling and how to best handle phone calls or letters.

Lambert Guay Lakeland, FL

For me the person who help me was kind took there time to explain the process help me when I didn't understand how to download something and the people that work here are understanding and do their very best to help you. Thank you

carlo gambino Seminole, FL

Strict adherence to the law, full disclosure on its policies and procedures and excellent customer service. You are treated with dignity and respect at a time when you may be going through hard times due to issues beyond your control.

Garrett

They've been really helpful and informative and they have a good website and it's pretty self explanatory. The gentleman I talked to was really really helpful and and I appreciated that there were options out there for people like me.

Beverly

A company you can trust. They were quick to answer all my questions, and several times in some cases. They were just very, very patient and kind and gave me contact numbers in case I had more questions, so it was all very helpful. Very professional. I found it was completely a wonderful experience under the circumstances.

Douglas Dickson South Jordan, UT

Americor turned a bad situation into a hopeful, hassle free solution. All those that I have been in contact with have been respectful and amiable. It is super nice that they do all the negotiating. I would have absolutely hated to do that. To sum up, if you're in doubt about using Americor, don't be. They're great!

Chapparel M Roberts El Cajon, CA

Americor is very professional. The consultant s are always ready on the frontline. Very optimistic. Precise. It's nothing more important than to be able to have excellent credit. Thank-you all your hard work. Nothing you do… goes un- notice.