Americor

6.6

LAST UPDATED: November 29th, 2021

Americor is a debt relief company based in Irvine, California. The company has relieved more than $2 billion of debt. Its more than 400 employees provide debt settlement services to borrowers with at least $3,500 of debt.

The Good

• Accreditations
  • No Upfront Fees

Accreditations

Americor has been certified by the American Fair Credit Council, the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators, and the Receivables Management Association. Additionally, Americor is a BBB-accredited business with an A+ rating.

The American Fair Credit Council is a consumer advocate group and the leading debt settlement company association. Certification by the American Fair Credit Council signifies adherence to a strict code of conduct, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices. Additionally, all American Fair Credit Council members agree to not charge customers until after successfully negotiating their debt.

The International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators’ certification communicates that a debt settlement company is committed to a high level of training and certification.

Companies that are certified by the Receivables Management Association must pass the association’s background check and adhere to industry best practices.

No Upfront Fees

Like many other reputable debt settlement companies, Americor doesn’t charge customers for its services until after it has settled their debt.

The Bad

• Limited Services
  • Lack of Website Information

Limited Services

While some debt relief companies offer multiple kinds of services, Americor appears to offer only debt settlement services, and not debt consolidation or credit counseling.

Lack of Website Information

The information available on the Americor website is scant and doesn’t include specifics such as how much the company charges for its debt settlement services or which specific states its services are available in.

The Bottom Line

Americor offers debt settlement services in 30 states from its headquarters in Irvine, California.

The debt relief company has numerous certifications, which speak to the company’s commitment to ongoing training, adherence to industry best practices, and compliance with regulatory guidelines.

In particular, Americor’s certification through the American Fair Credit Council means the company does not charge for its services in advance. Americor customers can rest assured that they won’t be charged unless and until the company successfully settles their debt.

Americor appears to offer only debt settlement services. Those who are interested in debt consolidation or credit counseling services will need to look elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the company’s website doesn’t offer much additional information. It’s unclear in which states Americor’s services are available, or what percentage of the customer’s debt the company charges to settle it. Interested customers should contact Americor directly to find out whether the company is a good fit for their financial situation.

star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

Chester

Very very thorough. Everybody that works together has called me and and help me out with answered any question I had. The gentleman that is taking over my case has been ready to call me, he's available anytime I need him, if I send him an email he answers very quickly and has information and whatever else I may need. They were very honest and upfront with me and explained to me exactly what I needed to do as far as getting in contact with the credit card companies. It was easy to get signed up, it was very quick and very very simple. I would definitely recommend it to someone that's in the same situation that I'm in.

Reply from Americor

Hi Chester, thanks for this review! We're happy to see our team has provided you with exceptional service thus far and we're glad you chose to enroll with Americor to help you become debt free!

Marsha

It was pretty responsive, the follow ups are very timely so I really didn't have a problem in terms with the customer service it was fine. I talked to another company and their rate is a little lower the monthly pay back was a little lower, not significantly but it was lower. I don't really have much experience or haven't been a customer for a very long but it's just my initial research it seems like the rate could be a little lower. They've been doing this for a while so they're pretty good at it so I think everything is probably just kind of research of the other rate and best rate offer out there maybe to have an idea what their competitors are offering.

Reply from Americor

Thanks for your review Marsha, we're happy to have you enrolled to help you become debt free and thanks for choosing Americor!

Melvin

They were very efficient as well as helping me and explaining things to me. I have recommended them to someone that other seniors and people that I know they could use that help. I'm quite satisfied with what they did for me. They were very efficient and they took the time to explain it to me and we appreciate people taking time like that to make sure we get the point.

Reply from Americor

Hi Melvin, thanks for your recommendation! We're glad you chose Americor to help you pay off your debt and save money in the process, happy to have you in the family!

Tammy

When I called them that was just such a wonderful person to talk to. I don't know her last name but she was awesome and she really helped me through. It's tough being sick and but just her mannerism and the compassion. I think they're doing everything awesome. And they're there anytime you need them. They work through everything, they're very explanatory yes.

Reply from Americor

Hey Tammy, thanks for taking your time to leave this review! It's great to see you feel connected with our team and we're excited to help you get out of debt and back on track with your finances! Thanks for trusting Americor to help you on this journey!

Ronald

They're so compassionate they're so understanding but still professional. We're just getting started and I am excited about the future. I'm really encouraged I see better things ahead through their handling of my situation. They're extremely trustworthy. They've been doing this a long time and they know what they're doing and and they're able to show me the now and the future.

Reply from Americor

Hi Ronald, thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our team understands debt happens and can become difficult to manage, so we've created a plan that will help get you back on track as quickly as possible. We're happy you've chosen Americor to guide you on your debt free journey!

Davonna Whittenburg Muldrow, OK

Best thing we could have done. It saved us in a time that our lives were being greatly affected due to finances. Americor took the reigns and and helped get everything on track.

Reply from Americor

Hi Davonna, thanks for your review! We're excited to see our program was the perfect fit for your situation and look forward to assisting you on your debt free journey! Thanks for choosing Americor!

Taryn

It sounds really nice and I like that it's interest free. It does take a lot less time than a credit card or a loan to pay off. Everyone that I've spoken to has been really friendly and help me with a lot of my questions and made me really you know better understand what the company and the program was.

Reply from Americor

You made the right choice to enroll with Americor to assist you in paying off your debt Taryn and we're excited to show you how quick and dynamic our program is! Thank you for taking the time to share your happiness thus far, we're here to support you on your journey with us!

James

I'd recommend them. I had trouble when I first got it that day I couldn't get a hold of anybody until I finally got online and then I got a phone number that somebody answered the phone. They may explain how their system works in covering my automatic payouts you know they left me hanging in there and I'm still still not getting it, I have one credit card company that's covered with the agreement and they're still they're sending me all kinds emails and I haven't been paid yet.

Reply from Americor

Hi James, thanks for your recommendation! We're glad you chose Americor to help you pay off your debt and save money in the process, happy to have you in the family!

William

I think they did a good job. They worked with us and said well maybe this is the best thing we could address for you to help you you know, improve your credit so that's pretty that's pretty good. They were extremely professional they were extremely thorough and answered any questions we had during the procedure.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for the great review! We're so happy you had a good experience with us. We look forward in building a lasting relationship with you. Please feel free to give us a call anytime if you have any questions.

jesse Everts Arcade, NY

helping me get outof debt. so i did not have to file bankruptsy.your company was very helpful.and explained everything to me . thank you so much . for all your help. I will recommend you to all my family and friends if they are ever in the same situation as i was

Reply from Americor

Hi Jesse, thanks for your review! We're excited to see our program was the perfect fit for your situation and look forward to assisting you on your debt free journey! Thanks for choosing Americor!

Daniel Windber, PA

They set up a pretty simple platform to deal with. However, their fees are very high and ultimately I don't feel we saved much money and could have accomplished the same results with a little discipline and it wouldn't have hurt our credit in the process.

Brittani

Their people are always friendly. The initial representative I spoke to was great about follow up. She looked for options that suited me. I can appreciate not having to pay an additional amount and that they reduced my monthly rate by a whole lot of money. They gave me a realistic timeline. Everyone was on the same page.

Catherine

Their service is great so far. I'm just starting out, it's just my first month. They're always very helpful and immediately ready to help and they're very knowledgeable customer service people.

Reply from Americor

You made the right choice to enroll with Americor to assist you in paying off your debt Catherine and we're excited to show you how quick and dynamic our program is! Thank you for taking the time to share your happiness thus far, we're here to support you on your journey with us!

Raymond

They reassured us that creditors would not be contacting also that they would handle everything. They were diligent, experienced and made you feel secure. The representative again was diligent and she was very patient.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review Raymond! It's important to us to make sure you remain comfortable and confident in our team and program's ability to get you out of debt and save you money in the process. Please don't hesitate to contact Client Services at 800-341-6855 with any questions or concerns that arise, we're here to support you on your journey with Americor!

Virlie

This seems to be going okay.Things work out all right, they certainly have confidence in what they're doing. They are trustworthy. They're honest, they cover everything many times so they make sure that you understand.

Reply from Americor

Hi Virlie, thanks for your review! We're excited to continue to partner with you on this journey to help you achieve debt freedom and thanks for choosing Americor!

Mindy Bloomington, CA

I have had nothing but problems since agreeing to be with Americor. I dont feel like Americor has ever been on my side. They are more worried about receiving the funds every month then checking in on me or actually helping me with situations that have happened with certain creditors. Even paying for aid didnt help. That was a waste of money. I think it would have been a faster and easier process to file bankruptcy and start over that way instead of being dragged thru the mud and having bad anxiety everyday that someone was going to show up to my house and have me served.

Thomas

It's pretty quick on getting to me and get everything finalized and going. They work with the companies and get resolved and get the best for the customer.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction, Thomas! We're excited you decided to enroll your debt with our program, our team here at Americor will be working diligently to help you achieve debt freedom quickly to have a fresh start financially!

Alvin

I didn't end up using their service because I wasn't about to ruin my good credit. But customer service wise, they were curteous and told me all the things that I needed to know. Since I told them I wasn't going to be using their service, I've been watching my bank account fearfully, to make sure that there really won't be any charges. I haven't seen anything come up, so I give them 5/5 for the way they handled everything with me. I would recommend them to someone with bad credit.

Reply from Americor

Hi Alvin, thanks for your recommendation!

Catrina

Any questions I had they answered them and when I cancel services with them they gave me any push back, they just did what I asked.

Reply from Americor

We're happy you've been able to connect easily with the team to answer your questions and concerns, Catrina.

Michelle

They were really good at following up because I missed a few things and they reexplained to me and made sure I understand what I just signed up for.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for your review, Michelle! We genuinely strive for each interaction with a customer to be truly positive and exceptional. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and love having you as a member of the Americor Family.

Martin McNair Pensacola, FL

They answer all questions about the process in a way that was easy to understand.

Reply from Americor

We're happy you've been able to connect easily with the team to answer your questions Martin, thanks for choosing Americor to help you get back on track financially!

Millard

Everybody was courteous make sure that they cover everybody so they could be covered. I feel confident with them.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for your review, Millard! We're pleased to see your representative and our team have been responsive and courteous with you, we look forward to helping you close this chapter of debt and create a new brighter future with your money!

J

All my questions were answered.They just took over everything and everything's going to be taken care of.

Reply from Americor

We're happy you've been able to connect easily with the team to answer your questions J, thanks for choosing Americor to help you get back on track financially!

EUGENE BRICHACEK San Lorenzo, CA

I haven't had any issues. All my experiences when engaging with the staff at Americor have been professional.

Laura Cancilla Kennewick, WA

They are very professional and very helpful, they truly want to help you clear up your debt as quickly as possible.

Reply from Americor

Hi Laura, thanks for this review! We're happy to see our team has provided you with exceptional service thus far and we're glad you chose to enroll with Americor to help you become debt free!

Emily Iverson Saint George, UT

The whole process was easy and made me feel in control of getting out of debt!

Reply from Americor

Thanks for your review Emily, we're happy to have you enrolled to help you become debt free and thanks for choosing Americor!

Mindy rodriguez Lansing, MI

They made everything so easy, helped me tremendously, and worry free

Reply from Americor

Hi Mindy, thanks for your review! We're excited to partner with you on this journey to help you achieve debt freedom and thanks for choosing Americor!

Terry Hialeah, FL

Great working with Americor they really helped me gear customer service

Reply from Americor

Thanks for sharing your satisfaction with our service Terry, we're happy to help you achieve debt freedom! Thanks for choosing Americor!

Robert and Susan Lawler Linwood, MA

Pleasant efficient and courteous treated with professional and friendly service

Reply from Americor

Thank you for your kind words, Robert! We genuinely strive for each interaction with a customer to be truly positive and exceptional. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and love having you as a member of the Americor Family.

Ezequiel

Really good customer service. They did a good calculations saving money. It was really accurate and precise, fast also.

Reply from Americor

Thanks for sharing your satisfaction with our service Ezequiel, we're happy to help you achieve debt freedom! Thanks for choosing Americor!

Robin

They were very careful to explain all the details and make sure that I understood.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for sharing this with us Robin! We're glad to hear our team thoroughly explained the process and program to you and thank you for trusting our process to resolve your debt!

Alissa

It was very easy. It's a low payment. Sean was very understanding of my situation.

Reply from Americor

Hi Alisha, thank you for taking the time to share this kind review about your representative Sean! We're here to take the burden of debt off your shoulders and support you on your journey, remember you can check out your client portal for all updates about your account or don't hesitate to contact Client Services at 866-333-8484. Thanks for choosing Americor!

Samantha Mount Kisco, NY

It's been both an effective and pleasurable experience to work with the Americor team

John J Garcia Delray Beach, FL

great communication with representatives.

Reply from Americor

Hi John, thanks for this review! We're happy to see our team has provided you with exceptional service thus far and we're glad you chose to enroll with Americor to help you become debt free!

David

They messed up my one of my credit cards. They explained everything that went through

Reply from Americor

Thank you for sharing this with us David! We're glad to hear our team thoroughly explained the process and program to you and thank you for trusting our process to resolve your debt!

Rick

They were very informative. It's saving me money from the other program.

Reply from Americor

Hi Rick, thanks for your review! We're excited to see our program was the perfect fit for your situation and look forward to assisting you on your debt free journey! Thanks for choosing Americor!

Rebecca

They listened and were able to answers my questions without having to think too much.

Reply from Americor

We're happy you've been able to connect easily with the team to answer your questions Rebecca, thanks for choosing Americor to help you get back on track financially!

Nov. 29th, 2021

Customer service representatives were thorough.

Reply from Americor

Thank you for sharing this with us! We're glad to hear our team thoroughly explained the process and program to you and thank you for trusting our process to resolve your debt!

Janell

Customer service is very confident in what they were doing and very nice.

Reply from Americor

Hi Janell, thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our team understands debt happens and can become difficult to manage, so we've created a plan that will help get you back on track as quickly as possible. We're happy you've chosen Americor to guide you on your debt free journey!

Kathy Levine Birmingham, AL

Always available if I have a question and very helpful

Reply from Americor

Thanks for the awesome review, Kathy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Jamie Lynn Poole Bourbon, MO

They wernt honest about how negatively this process would affect my credit