Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to solar monitoring through Sense Solar, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in 16 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.

We continually look for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

Mike

October 29th, 2019 Orland Park, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sales advisor is awesome, very informative and helpful

Oct 29, 2019

Great to hear Mike - thanks for your review!

Brian Fuhrmann

October 29th, 2019 Lombard, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional and best warranty when compared to the competitors.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks Brian, our warranties are one of our strengths!

ifteqar aziz

October 29th, 2019 Addison, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Due to nice proposal team and good price and better enegineering coordination

Oct 29, 2019

Glad you enjoyed our process - thanks for working with us!

andy weremijewicz

October 28th, 2019 Wood Dale, IL

Awesome service and pleasure to talk with Ryan.

Oct 29, 2019

Great to hear, Andy - thanks for working with us!

Louisa Chan

October 23rd, 2019 Newark, CA

I want to install solar panels at my house. I have been calling different solar companies for quotes. When I talked with Isa at Zenernet, I was so impressed with his customer service and his professionalism. He was very detail and took the time to explain to me the challenges I am facing when trying to install solar at my house. I learned so much more about solar energy.

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Louisa - glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Isa and learned more about solar! Education is the top priority in our no-pressure consultation. We look forward to helping as you continue your search for solar!

John

October 23rd, 2019 Sikeston, MO

Very informative, friendly presentation

Oct 23, 2019

Thanks John - glad you enjoyed it!

Estevan

October 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything that was brought to my attention was explained and any questions that I had, they answered it right away, on the spot.

Oct 23, 2019

Good to hear Estevan - thanks for your review!

Chris

October 23rd, 2019 Palatine, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They just need to make some improvements in their initial process for getting to installation. There hasn't been ease in the installation.

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Chris - thanks for your feedback. Illinois has presented some unique challenges to us and other installers that we don't face in other markets. We're doing our best to overcome those as quickly as possible while still maintaining compliance. That said, a smooth experience is on us, and we want to be sure to deliver one regardless of the circumstances. We'll keep you posted on your project's status as we proceed. We appreciate your patience!

October 23rd, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Talking to a couple of people from customer service, they were very good in regards to the conversations. Unfortunately, things got a little delayed. For example, I got a $500 credit on my bill because the panels that Zenernet ordered for me earlier, they didn't order the panels fast enough so we had to wait another month. I think there is a lot of people in the mix of the conversation with me and I prefer only one person. Most people were not speaking to each other so it's not a very well coordinated organization from that perspective.

Oct 23, 2019

Hello - thanks for your feedback. We've been expanding our customer support staff to improve our communication during installations, and this seems to have led to situations where multiple representatives were in touch with the same customers. We apologize for the confusion and we'll continue to work on this aspect of our business. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help clear things up. Thanks again for reaching out!

October 23rd, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service took care of me. Installation went fine, it was just slow. Their finance company sucks.

October 23rd, 2019 San Rafael, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm not sure that I received my paycheck. The equipment didn't work.

Pamela

October 23rd, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had some questions that I had trouble with and was never really answered. Installation was pretty quick. It was good. The part of the actually turning it on was confusing. I didn't get clear instructions or assistance and I'm still a little confused about doing it myself.

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Pamela - glad to hear your installation went well. We'd be happy to clarify any questions you still have and help you with getting your system turned on. I'll have our team reach out to you shortly.

Gordon

October 23rd, 2019 Round Lake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I dealt with the owner and every question he was able to answer. We started this process in late june and July and it was done really slow. So right now we're about two months behind. The owner is very professional and very knowledgeable. Ryan, the sales person is very professional and knowledgeable. Everytime I called, he gave me a call back right away.

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Gordon - thanks for your review. Glad you found our team to be knowledgeable and professional. We appreciate your patience as we move through your installation. As an emerging solar market, Illinois has presented some challenges for us and other installers. We're doing our best to overcome those as quickly as possible while still maintaining compliance. We'll keep you posted on your status throughout, and please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Justin

October 23rd, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm still kind of waiting on somebody to contact me to get the final set up. They take a little bit longer than expected I think. There are some challenges they had with the crew but it looks good and it was installed as expected.

Oct 23, 2019

Hey Justin - glad to hear your installation went well and you're happy with how the system looks. We'll be in touch soon to schedule the final steps - thanks for your patience!

David

October 23rd, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The installation was easy. The technicians were professional and they worked and were clean and efficient. That's all you can ask for.

Beth

October 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just about any time there's a question, it gets satisfactorily answered. If they don't have the answer, they get back to you with something.

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Beth - great to hear! We want to be sure to get you complete and accurate info every time.

Lisa

October 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

I'm not sure what to make of the company. They came highly recommended. However, I have reached out twice and received only an email saying they would call me shortly. That was 3 weeks ago. I have begun shopping for an alternative solar provider. In my experience, if the customer service is bad in the beginning, it will be bad throughout the whole process.

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Lisa - apologies for the slow initial response. We always do our best to contact homeowners on the day they request information. We're sorry that wasn't your experience. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope we can still be of help as you consider going solar.

Roger Wright

October 15th, 2019 Bullhead City, AZ

I've had very little interaction with the company. I clicked a few boxes to get information, and received unwanted phone calls and emails for several days after. Extremely annoying! I need product information and pricing data, not chats with salesmen.

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Roger - we certainly didn't mean to bug you. When homeowners request information on going solar, we do our best to get in contact to provide that information. Our consultants fulfill that part of the process. Apologies for the confusion.

Al Surges

October 11th, 2019 Austin, TX

Mike was very informative and answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable talking with Mike and would of gone with his proposal if my tax situation was in favor of the fed rebate

Oct 15, 2019

Thanks Al - we appreciate you considering Zenernet, please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Heath

October 9th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ

Very informative breakdown of the benefits of solar, really loved working with them.

Oct 09, 2019

Awesome Heath, thanks for contacting us!

Mica Dmitri

October 9th, 2019 Glendale, AZ

Ryan represents the best that Zenernet has to offer! He thoroughly answered every solar question we had and went over all of our options efficiently. He was personable and seemed genuinely interested in getting us the best deal on solar panels for our particular needs. He also provided invaluable education for us to make the best informed decision.

Oct 09, 2019

Great to hear Mica - education is our top focus for a reason. Thanks for working with us!

Sal Bousleiman

October 9th, 2019 Bayville, NY

Great experience dealing with Zenernet and Genna A., their solar consultant. I researched several solar companies and Zenernet was by far the most pleasant and productive to deal with. Very honest, informative, patient, and they provide quality products.

Oct 09, 2019

Awesome Sal - glad to hear you've enjoyed working with us!

M. Elder

October 9th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ryan did a fantastic job explaining and helping me through the process of going solar. Can't speak more highly of this company and Ryan's expertise. Thank you!

Oct 09, 2019

Great to hear you had such a great experience - thanks for working with us!

William Owen

October 8th, 2019 Kerrville, TX

Ryan was great on the initial call. He said he would check back with me a week ago but I have not heard from him. I sent an email asking a couple questions.modifications to the proposed system and have not heard back as of yet. Not sure what is happening but no problem I can look elsewhere.

Tony Pulley

October 1st, 2019 Amarillo, TX

Very clear and informative, answered all my questions. Very knowledgeable. No pressure.

Awesome, thanks Tony!

Robert McNulty

September 30th, 2019 Marblehead, MA

Thorough, professional, knowledgeable, clear and helpful

Oct 02, 2019

Great to hear - thanks Robert!

Bettie J Reina

September 30th, 2019 Egg Harbor, NJ

Easy to work with, always polite and helped get things started.

Oct 02, 2019

Thanks Bettie, glad to help!

Kara

September 30th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

I had an amazing experience! The consultant was very knowledgeable and transparent about the whole process. Overall I am very satisfied with the company as a whole.

Awesome, thanks Kara!

Susan

September 30th, 2019 Libertyville, IL

While we did not end up going with a solar roof just yet, Zenernet was the better provider of the two we spoke with. Our rep was VERY transparent and very up front about costs, potential savings, what the process would involve, and more. We'll be keeping an eye on this company as we consider going solar in the future.

Oct 02, 2019

Great to hear Susan - let us know how we can help as you consider your decision!

Susan Yu

September 27th, 2019 Lombard, IL

Heather was very clear explaining the advantages of having a solar panel. She was very professional and friendly.

Sep 27, 2019

Thanks Susan! Glad you had a positive experience with us.

Clyde S

September 26th, 2019 Beeville, TX

Greg did a super job of explaining things about solar panels and installation. Completely satisfied with his presentation with Zenernet.

Sep 27, 2019

Awesome, Clyde - thanks for the kind words!

EF

September 25th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ

Ryan was very patient and answered all of our questions. There was no high pressure sales - Ryan’s honest and very knowledgeable.

Sep 25, 2019

Great to hear! We never pressure our customers and do our best to be educational. Glad that was your experience!

Charles

September 24th, 2019 Mira Loma, CA

We have been shopping around with different vendors for a solar system for weeks, but Greg from Zenernet listen to our concerns and request and presented a great proposal for less than the others. I would highly recommend them if seeking a new solar system.

Sep 25, 2019

Awesome Charles! Glad we could help you find a great value. Congratulations on going solar!

Chris Wagner

September 24th, 2019 Prairie Village, KS

Mike laid out a well-designed plan for our needs; explained options, funding, and timelines in a clear fashion; and easily fielded any questions we threw at him. Follow-ups were timely and with a similar attention to detail. I expect to get panels on the roof well before the end of 2019.

Sep 25, 2019

Great to hear Chris - glad we could help answer your questions and make you feel comfortable moving forward. Thanks for your review!

Jeanne Antrim

September 23rd, 2019 Fresno, CA

Heather was committed to getting me the best information for my situation, even if it meant referring me to a different company. I wouldn’t consider dealing with anyone but her, she won my loyalty!

Sep 23, 2019

Good to hear Jeanne - the best interest of our customers is always our top priority. Thanks for your review!

CHARLES F AHERN

September 23rd, 2019 Marblehead, MA

Heather M was fantastic to work with! She had by far the most knowledge of the solar installation process of any of the many competitors I spoke with. And, most importantly, she treats the customer as her #1 priority. I highly recommend Heather specifically and Zenernet generally.

Sep 23, 2019

Thanks for the kind words Charles - we always strive to be informative and do right by our customers. Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Earl DeMoranville

September 12th, 2019 North Kingstown, RI

At this point we have not had the panels installed. We are in the permitting process. Most o four dealings to date have been with the agent, Ryan, who was very helpful in explaining the system, the benefits, and options. We have interviewed several companies and Zeneret was the best fit. They did not pressure us to sign on, and did not bad-mouth the competition like so many of the others did. If the installation goes as well as the signing up process, we will be very happy indeed.

Sep 13, 2019

Glad to hear you enjoyed our positive consultation process Earl - we look forward to completing your installation!

Peggy

September 11th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Zenernet did an excellent job of explaining solar, the products they use and the install process. One of the best and informative presentations. Questions were answered and Genna had a lot of patience with the process. Very committed to promoting solar without a hard sell.

Sep 11, 2019

Thanks for the review Peggy! We're glad you appreciated our no-pressure, education-first approach.

Chad

September 6th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Our sales representative Heather was very thorough, very professional and was very knowledgeable. But most of all we could tell that she was really working for us to find the very best solar system for us for the cost. Due to the limitations of our electric provided she worked diligently to come up with a plan to maximize the most effective system for us and not maybe the largest system which would benefit her the most.

Sep 06, 2019

Great to hear Chad! Our solar consultants are incentivized to find the best system for each customer, not to simply sell the biggest systems they can. That's just one of the ways we focus on creating the best customer experience in solar. Thanks for your review!

Sean everett

August 28th, 2019 Sainte Genevieve, MO

The salesperson was very knowledgeable and flexible with the design. He also showed me plenty of options for my homes.

Aug 28, 2019

Thanks Sean! Glad we could help.

Jessica

August 27th, 2019 Lawrence, KS

Presentation was super informative, a lot of specific information provided. Product seems like a no-brainer if you can afford the investment, long term. Mike was excited about the product but not pushy at all, easy to buy in to the concept with a solid presentation. I’m not ready to pull the trigger yet, but when I am will definitely go with Zenernet.

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for the feedback Jessica - we agree that going solar is a no-brainer! We'll look forward to helping you when you're ready to take the next steps.

Josh T.

August 26th, 2019 Grayslake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing experience with their sales team who stuck with me through a long research period and over 14 competing bids. I really wanted to make sure we were making a good decision and after everything, I knew that Zenernet would be the best choice. I highly recommend them and specifically Heather on the sales team. She went above and beyond to make sure we had all the information we needed.

Aug 27, 2019

Awesome! Thanks for being patient throughout the process - we're glad we were able to meet your needs and make you feel comfortable with the decision. Thanks for choosing Zenernet!

NYCROS

August 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, MO

Great folks , walk me through the steps, explain how things works , very professional , made things easy to work and come up great , this Folks are great A#1

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you! We appreciate the review NYCROS!

Allan Williams

August 21st, 2019 South Elgin, IL

Gary was very good at explaining how the system works. I felt comfortable with the information I have learned.

Aug 21, 2019

Thanks Allan, great to hear!

M. Day

August 14th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

We appreciated Mike's ability to communicate in detail the benefits of going solar. He used our actual electric bill to show us in real dollar amounts what the costs and savings would be over the next 30 years. Learning about going solar from Mike was worth the time spent, even though we decided to wait to take the plunge. He was available to answer questions after the in home consultation, but never pushy. Definitely worth considering, and we've had several friends set up appointments too!

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for considering Zenernet. Let us know when you're ready to revisit solar - we'll make it easy!

Lisa

August 14th, 2019 Lenexa, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience thus far! The process has been very educational and I love how the approach was tailored to our specific needs.

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks Lisa - our goal is always to help you make the decision that's best for you.

Ron

August 13th, 2019 Glen Carbon, IL

Really appreciated the attention to detail and how Jarrett was able to provide complete information on the phone. Did not require callbacks and such. Gan and Jarrett were both very personable and took the time to listen.

Aug 13, 2019

Hey Ron - great to hear. We're always ready to answer your questions and help out however we can. Thanks for considering Zenernet!

Jill

August 13th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

I met with Mike about the possible addition of adding solar to my home. I haven’t decided quite yet but the experience was great and very educational.

Aug 13, 2019

Hey Jill - great to hear! We're here to help throughout your decision process. Thanks for considering Zenernet!

Dave

August 13th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

The sales associate I've met with so far as been great. Not pushy at all like other firms I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Mike was very good at explaining all of the benefits, financial aspects, and installation procedures associated with our future project. I'm looking forward to viewing an installation and getting our project going.

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks a lot Dave - our goal is to be informative and educational and help our homeowners arrive at a decision that makes sense for them. We're glad that was the experience you had!

Jessica

August 13th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

Super knowledgeable and friendly sales staff - Mike walked us through all the details so that we were able to make an informed decision.

Aug 13, 2019

Great to hear Jessica - thanks for your consideration!