Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

verified

8.0

Sunrun

verified
Sunrun has helped over 180,000 customers save more than $100 million on their electricity bills with solar!

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

The company, which is based in San Francisco, California, has installed over 950 megawatts of solar power and helped consumers in 20 states and Washington D.C. to lower their electricity bills.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • 20-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

In order to fit the needs of almost any customer, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

20-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased, a 20-year warranty on systems that are leased, and 24/7 system monitoring (provided by Sunrun).

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Additionally, Brightbox helps customers save money by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes a detailed FAQ section, a helpful guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand how to move forward with Sunrun and start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 950 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 1.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 180,000 customers to reduce their electricity bills and take advantage of net metering.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of blog posts and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Click here.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Click here. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

3.3

David Kiefer
November 16th, 2018 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I am still trying to get Sunrun to get my system producing power as it should. During installation the foreman stated there was a problem and he would have to come back and sort it out. That was one and a half months ago. Since then the utility company signed off on the installation but the system is only producing about 25% of the power it should. One inverter won't come on at all and one is producing about half the power it should. It appears Sunrun is stretched too thin and we have not been able to get anyone out to look at the system after one month of complaining. We get a lot of calls from the salesman, project manager and installation coordinators but no one has actually showed up to fix the system.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. This is not the Sunrun norm and we are saddened to hear this was your experience. We will share your feedback with our sales leadership team. If you would like to review the issue in detail, please feel free to private message us.

gina Herbert
November 16th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I started the process with this company and was told by my salesman Darren in June that my electrical panels would be done and the repairs regarding, also I would be given back my money regarding the switch fee for the power company. This has not happened. I was also told that I could contact customer service any time for help or questions. This is not accurate at all. Like I said my process started and June last month they finally finished the repairs last month. This only happened because I had to go to Costco and request that they contact sunrun. I called my sales man Darren from June until our last communication in August 9th. He didn't contact me again until I refused to have the panels installed. Before that when trying to reach sunrun after months of emails, calls and unanswered texts. I was contacted by someone named Jill who was the rudest person on the planet she in essence told me that I would not be refunded the the change fee at all. So I was lied to and in essence when they thought my sale was in the bag I was a viable Customer after I signed the contract I didn't matter. My biggest issue is what happens when the panels are installed who do I call. Because the 800 number doesn't work and neither does the emal.?

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 17, 2018

Thank you for your communication Gina. We are saddened to hear you've had this experience, and this is not the Sunrun norm. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure your questions are addressed. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Mohamed Attya
November 13th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Really It sucks. I got the project done on January 2018. It costs 33 K and it suppose to work for at least the next 25 years. All of a sudden it stopped on June 2018 ( less than 6 month of production) and it took another 3 months to be fixed. No one how many calls I did to get it fixed. It's November 13th and same problem again. The idea is great, the system if it works also great but I'm not sure if I should get it from another company NOT SUNRUN.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 14, 2018

Hello Mohamed A. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please feel free to private message your contact information. We want to take the opportunity to turn this experience around.

Gilbert Olivares
November 8th, 2018 Webster, MA

I am in the process of getting a 10 plus kw system. My sales man is awesome and there are a lot of people involved in my lease agreement. I am concerned about all the negativity on this site. I haven't agreed to the final version yet. I narrowed my solar company's to two form four. Both are good company's. I really like my sales man.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 08, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with our salesman! We appreciate the positive feedback! Help us create a planet run by the sun.

John B Hedgepeth
November 6th, 2018 San Luis Obispo, CA DETAILS

I purchased a 3kW system from REC Solar, who had partnered with Sunrun before Sunrun purchased their residential solar part of company in 2014. The details appear on Sunrun's website: "Sunrun and Mainstream Energy Corp. today announced that Sunrun has acquired the residential division of REC Solar, AEE Solar and SnapNrack. The companies represent Mainstream Energy's residential solar sales, design and installation; wholesale distribution; and mounting systems and hardware businesses, respectively. In the commercial market, REC Solar will continue as an independent organization under the legal name REC Solar Commercial Corp. The value of the transaction was not disclosed." Shortly afterward my Fronius inverter failed. First it took me awhile to figure out that REC Solar was not the company I needed to deal with. Once I discovered that I needed to deal with Sunrun, it became a nightmare to find out how to contact them. Bizarrely I discovered that they had an office about 8 miles away from my house. Then they refused to honor the warranty until I produced a copy of my contract. Afterwards they replaced the inverter in a reasonable time period. This was the second replacement in ten years, the limit of REC Solar's warranty. So despite Sunrun's more beneficial warranty, I am stuck with replacing the inverter should it fail again. Overall, I was disappointed that Sunrun had very little documentation about REC Solar's customers, especially me. I think they drug their feet without adequate information. They offered me no additional services or perks like internet supervision or extended warranties. However they did honor their commitment after my showing them the original contract. Minus two stars!!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 07, 2018

Hello John B. Thank you for your feedback. We understand your situation with Sunrun was different, and we appreciate your willingness to work with us through the process. Working to assist and address our customer's needs is what we strive. Feel free to reach out to us if have any questions or concerns.

Amy Anderson
October 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent Salesman. Sun Run was the only company to reach out to me.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review Amy! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Keith Frost
November 8th, 2018 Belcamp, MD

great installation buy team foxtrot.all was done in 1 day and everything was cleaned up before they left.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezNov 08, 2018

Thank you so much Keith F. For taking the time to leave a review about your wonderful experience. We love to hear these fantastic stories! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Chris
October 30th, 2018 Kailua, HI

I was pitched a prepaid lease that sounded pretty good. I was promised that Sunrun would replace the batteries at 10 years, that if I moved they would relocate the system to a new house at no charge, and because it was prepaid, I could get ownership of the system at no cost. All of which , after finally seeing the contract I found they were all lies. I asked no less than 15 times about these promises. If you're a sales rep, and someone questions you that much, I would think you would prove your word in writing. I can only assume he was being deliberately decietful. Too many reputable options out there to choose a company that exibits such low moral character.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 30, 2018

Hello Chris. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please feel free to private message your contact information, or go to Sunrun.com there's a chat team online that can assist.

BERNARD J LaFIANZA
October 29th, 2018 Agoura Hills, CA DETAILS

Sunrun installers did extensive damage to my roof, requiring $15k in repairs. According to Sunrun, there repair warrantee is only for 5 years and my installation was about 7 years prior to leakage. Called 4 times and their representatives refused to even come out to inspect the damages. I would not recommend this firm.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 30, 2018

Hello Bernard J. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We work hard to be human-centered and transparent with our customers. We will submit your feedback to our leadership team.

Brooke L Jarrett
October 25th, 2018 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

They were very professional. The project was finished in a very timely manner.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 25, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience and this wonderful review! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Barbara Okken
October 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I was incredibly impressed with Sunrun through the entire process before "flipping the switch" to turn on solar power. It took 3 - 4 months from 1st sales contact to final turning on due in large part to lots of "red tape" with the local electrical supplying company. Sign-off email at completion of installation said to continue watching electrical use during high cost hours. I questioned why (by email), but never heard back. It took my first high electrical bill to sort out just how this whole process works. My last (4th) electric bill was the smallest - $54.00. I was told it would only be about $20 monthly for "connectivity". I have, also, since been told by a realtor that there will be problems for a buyer purchasing the home if there is still money owed on the contract. I will be 95 at the end of this! I've since had an issue with some work that a subcontractor did and have had a lengthy process trying to get the issue resolved. The case was finally turned over to someone who would review and get back to me. 10 days later she hasn't called and has not returned 2 phone calls. Do thorough research before investing in any solar. Don't be fooled by "there's absolutely no money out of your pocket".

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 25, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We are so sorry to hear this was your experience. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.

Sarah
October 25th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

I had a very quick and mostly smooth process! Richard P is the BEST sales guy you have. He was in training when they were at my house but he answered more of my questions that the sales rep. Richard P is very kind and courteous, knowledgeable and prompt. Once all the paperwork was complete the installation went faster than expected! So far I have been very happy.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 25, 2018

Hello Sara, We love hearing stories like yours! Our team strives to provide the best customer experience. We are so excited you're a new part of our Sunrun family. We love to hear that the sales rep guided you through the process seamlessly.

JessB
October 24th, 2018 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

Our solar panels work great, as far as we know. The customer service for this company is a zero, that's why they get 2 stars. I would not recommend them because if you have issues, I doubt they'll fix it.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 24, 2018

Hello Jessica B. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. We understand you are looking to speak with someone in regards to the removal and reinstall quote you were sent. We have reached out to your case manager. Thank you for your communication.

louis raggio
October 23rd, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ

I would like to warn everyone that this company has by far the worst customer service of ever experienced. I was promised one 4 separate time that they would come to my home to discuss solar and every time they would not show up to my apt. They are horible at returning phone calls. I can say that I would recommend anyone looking for solar to contact custom solar. They came out on my first request. They answered all my questions and did so timely and were very polite. Unlike this company that blamed me for them not showing up stating bc the rep had a personal matter that she couldnt make the apts that I was at fault. How a customer can be responsible was luscious and in the end I'm glad they did me the favor of never buying my system from them as i have since read there reviews and feel they are a horible company.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 23, 2018

Hello, Louis R.Thanks for your feedback. We really hate to hear this. We always pride ourselves on contacting and helping our customers. Please private message us your contact information, and we will have a Specialist reach out to you.

Erin Fasano
October 22nd, 2018 Ridge, NY DETAILS

For about 5 months Sunrun has refused to fix an installation error that has caused our solar power to bypass our home panel, and go right into the “grid.” Our actual home is not receiving solar power. It took until about 2 weeks ago for them to even acknowledge that there might be a problem, and to have a tech come look at our system. The tech found the issue and we were given an appointment for service. No one came. We called. Still, no one came. We’ve been making our monthly payments and receiving no solar power to our home. We pay our regularly priced electric bill PLUS the Sunrun bill. The next call will be from our lawyer. We have been paying for a product we did not receive.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 23, 2018

Hello Eric, We certainly hate to hear this. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. We have shared your experience with our leadership team. Please feel free to message us your contact information.

eric l roberts
October 19th, 2018 DETAILS

We are having a truly terrible experience with Sunrun. Here is all you need to know: after buying a $36,000 system that is rated to 10k our bill this month was....wait for it, $3,242 dollars. What they don't tell you is that when your systems under performs for any reason that they do not tell you or fix it. In our case our system under performed due to a broken inverter for 12 months. At the end of the year Edison gives you a supplemental bill. Specifically I am trying to work with Mayte C. I have called her a total of 27 times with no phone call back. I have also tried Kaila S. She gave me a "guarantee" that Sunrun would give us a rebate when the system underperforms. My plan is to make everyone aware of what a bait and switch this company is.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 19, 2018

Hello Eric, thank you for your communication. We see your system is customer owned, with customer-owned systems, the customer is responsible to monitor their system. It's disheartening to hear you were provided incorrect information in regards to the performance guarantee we apologize. Please reference your agreement where you will see this information is outlined. At this time we have a Specialist looking over your case. We see that the representative working with you is keep constant communication. Please feel free to private message me for more details.

Lou B
October 18th, 2018 Absecon, NJ

They start at my installation on June 18 and it Oct 18 and it still not up and running. Salesman refuses to call me back or answer my text messages. I called sunrun last week and still wait for someone to come out to see why the system doesn’t work. The system is complete but doesn’t and has never worked . Plus if you call sunrun your on hold for 1/2 hour or more. I am just fed up I wish I never started project With sunrun.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 19, 2018

Hello, we are so sorry to hear this was your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm. It's disheartening to hear your system is having issues. Please feel free to private message me and we will be more than willing to work with you. we can review your system's production. Thank you for your feedback.

lnahigian
October 15th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

The salesman was persistent about coming back to try to sell. I wanted to read the contract, and was discouraged to do so. He came back again when I wasn't home, and my husband signed the contract. When I tried to call to cancel the contract, Sunrun refused. Their customer service gave me the run-around, and my call was transferred several times, with no resolution reached. Sunrun contracts with other companies to sell their products, then they switch contractors, so if you have any issues with the contract, Sunrun blames the contractor, and doesn't accept any responsibility. The contract states they only cover about 80% of the power that was being used, so we ended up paying more from the first month, and I still ended up paying some electrical bills. To make matters worse, the payment goes up 5% for the 20 year lease, and we don't own the panels! Sunrun says they justify it because electrical rates increase, but along with "going green" the other incentive for getting solar panes IS TO SAVE MONEY. This is already costing me more than just having electrical, and we're not even 5 years into our contract. If that isn't bad enough, not only will our payments be more than double by the end of the contract, plus continuing to owe electrical payments periodically, but Sunrun collects the solar rebate because the panels are leased. Again, LEASED, so after 20 years and over $60,000 we will have nothing to show for it. We were told that we could buy our contract out after 5 years, and that the contract is "easily transferrable." I have my doubts about how easily it can be transferred, especially after seeing some of the other contracts. I also find it very shady that the salesman allowed the contract to be completed with only my husband's signature, when we both own the house on which the panels were placed. DO NOT GET SOLAR THROUGH SUNRUN. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. If the system had allowed me to rate Sunrun 0 stars, I would have done that.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 16, 2018

Helloo Inahigian, thank you for your feedback. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar now and in the long term of your solar lease. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure the agreement transparent as well as our solar rates.

William Nowicki
October 12th, 2018 Kea‘au, HI DETAILS

Waste of money. Savings for 1 year is 12$ ??? All promises, no results. They will do NOTHING for you.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 12, 2018

Hello William N. Keep in mind that the size of your utility bill is based on your usage. If your bill is higher than last year, you may be using more power than last year. Since your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar. In other words, you're still saving. Remember that solar is seasonal. The panels will produce more during the sunnier months and less during the winter. Over the course of 12 months, you will still be saving.

Akema
October 9th, 2018 Newark, DE DETAILS

When we initially installed the solar panels, we knew we weren't staying in our home forever. We specifically checked about transfer of the contract or what to do in the event of selling/moving. We were told repeatedly that this would not be a problem and that SunRun would work with the new owners to transfer everything to the buyers. We were told that if the buyers qualified for a mortgage and were approved to buy the house, they would not be turned away. Low and behold, 3 days from closing, guess what? Sunrun will not approve the buyers to take over the lease. We have to buy out the remainder of the contract? These are buyers with good credit and had absolutely no problem securing a mortgage. DO NOT use Sunrun unless you are absolutely sure you are not moving for any unforeseeable reason. Completely appalled by the outright lies repeatedly given to us through this process. Our new home has a high solar potential and after this experience there is no way we will ever consider contracting with Sunrun again.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 10, 2018

Hello Akema, thank you for reaching out. We are so sorry to hear that the service process has not been a seamless process. Can you please provide me your contact information in a private message so we can reach your service transfer coordinator? This is not the Sunrun norm, and we want to take the opportunity to turn things around!

Charles Marcelonis
October 9th, 2018 Plainville, MA DETAILS

Do not sign a contract with this company. Salesman lied to me. Told me system would produce enough solar energy to power my home. I am paying more for electricity now that I have installed this system. After reviewing prior National grid bills, although I may have used 400 KWh less It actually costs me more after figuring in the Sun Run charge of $112.93 per month. This charge goes up every year. Furthermore this company charged me for the 1st 3 months when the system was not operational. They installed the system knowing that I had to much voltage coming into the house and it would not work. They assured me the problem would be taken care of. It was not. After paying for a product for 3 months that didn't work I only got their attention when I threatened to call the Atty Generals Office. Customer Service is horrible. I have been promised a call back by the supervisor handling this matter. I am still waiting for that call. I have called every month for the past 3 months and am told the same thing. I have decided to take this company to small claims court to recoup my $ that they deducted from my checking account for the months that their product was not working. Consumers beware! Do not make the huge mistake I made by contracting with this company.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 10, 2018

Hello Charles, we are saddened to hear about your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm and we would like to review this in more detail with you. Please private message us your contact information and we will have a specialist reach out to you.

Frene Ignacio
October 1st, 2018 Glendale, AZ

1. My first call to inquire about Sunrun was to COSTCO where I picked up a brochure . My husband and I were talking solar system for our house because electric is getting higher every year from SRP. Costco said that Sunrun is only for COSTCO members. We were not , we are using our employers company Costco card. So I google for the 5 best solar company in AZ. I found Sunrun as No. 1 in the list. So I called, the lady that answered the phone asked some information about our location and the electric company. She told me that Sunrun does not deal with SRP because SRP are difficult to work with. Okay and thanked her for the info.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 02, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Frene I.We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and service surrounding this matter. Please rest assure this is-not how we do business and we'll work to turn this experience around.

Roberto Ferreras
October 1st, 2018 Downey, CA DETAILS

I am a recent customer to Sunrun and have already started having issues with the equipment and service. The system stopped working about 3 week after installation. I had to chase them down for another 3 weeks before a technician was sent to repair the system. Tech is a contractor and claims they only have one for all of Southern California.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezOct 02, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us, Roberto. We certainly hate to hear this. We want to-help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. Please private message me your contact information.

Scott Harris
September 28th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

Very disappointed that with a $7,750 per month income [verifiable], monthly expenses of approximately $3,800 and a bankruptcy 8 years ago u decided not to finance my application. I guess my options are to go with another Solar Company. I am 100% disabled Vetnam Veteran, Retired Las Vegas Fire Department Investigator and get Social Security Benefits. Sorry u can't see my financial status.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 28, 2018

Hello Scott H. We understand your savings, and payments are a concern. Keep in mind that the size of your utility bill is based on your usage. If your bill is higher than last year, you may be using more power than last year. Since your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar. In other words, you're still saving. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

Don Medina
September 27th, 2018 Grand Terrace, CA

Prompt, courteous, informative. the company I am going to go with for my solar project.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 28, 2018

Hello Dan M. We enjoyed reading your review. Please let us know how things are going throughout the process, we would love to hear back from you. If you are satisfied with everything and know someone else who could benefit from going solar with Sunrun, make sure to take advantage of our referral program by visiting sunrun.com/referral.

Gary Ushino
September 25th, 2018 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

The worst homeowner experience and the poorest decision I have ever made in my 23 years of owning my home was agreeing to have a Sunrun solar installation on my home! The system has NEVER paid off in significant $ savings in the 6 six years of Sunrun solar on our home. The solar energy production was supposed to keep us in Tier 1 with SoCal Edison billing. In the summers in Southern California, we are often reaching Tier 4 , 5 and 6! We get slammed by Edison in those months as well as the low energy production months of Winter. I also get nailed with huge $1000 to $1,300 bills at the end of the year by Edison. I have frequently called and emailed with Sunrun to zero satisfaction. They have never helped me or offered to change the service agreement in any way. I have begged them to take the system off my roof or I will take it off myself and they can come and pick it up. They threatened me with a lawsuit if I touched the system or disabled it in any way. The worst of it is that I am locked into a 10 year contract with no way out! It is pure misleading advertising and sales LIES. Extremely unethical business practices, under-performing energy output and absolutely useless service. They have never fulfilled a sales promise (lie) to clean and service the panels and electronics to make sure that the system is at full output efficiency. Not one time is 6 years. It seems that only the customer is required to hold up their end of the agreement when you sign your contract with Sunrun. They provide pennies if any savings at all month to month or annually. I plan on selling my home and moving out of state within the next couple of years. I have great fear that the Sunrun system and horrible contracts will scare off potential buyers. And now that potential buyers can read about the Sunrun extortion experiences here, I am very afraid that I will never be able to sell my house! I can't rate them less that 1 star. If I could, I would rate them 1/4 star. It is virtually impossible to feel good about helping to produce green solar energy for the environment. I feel like I am being punished for it. Thanks Sunrun, for taking advantage of the green energy movement to make so much money and ruining the green movement for so many. After reading all the bad reviews here, it is no wonder that Sunrun is rated #44 in customer star reviews. Sunrun is horrible! Run as far away as you can from Sunrun. Sept. 24, 2018 Update: It has been 6 months from the last posted reply from Sunruns, Kimberly R. I have yet to be contacted by Sunrun via email, post or phone. I call BS on Sunrun customer service and satisfaction! BUYER BEWARE to be sure! As you can see by the Sunrun response that they show only pennies a month in savings and no where near worth the effort and frustration on our part. And certainly no where near the savings promises made at the time of the sale. If I can do only one thing here, it would be to try valiantly to save others from our fate dealing with this POS company and their fake promises and all out lies! To this date no one in over 6 years has come to clean the panels on our 2 story tall sloped roof. Promise (lie) at the time of sale was that Sunrun would come to our home once a year or once every 2 years depending on need to clean the panels because it was so dangerous. HA! I can plainly see from the next door neighbors yard that they are completely covered in dried on layer of LA desert dirt. That can't possibly be good for solar efficiency. I almost fell off of a ladder 2 stories up with a hose cleaning the panels off a couple of years ago. Screw that! Never again.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezMar 19, 2018

Hello Gary U. Thank you for the feedback, we can understand how important savings are to our customers when going solar. Having you feel like you are not saving is disheartening to us! We can run a savings analysis for you to determine what your savings are this time around. I researched your account and it looks like we ran an analysis for you in 2015, we determine your savings to be $2,362.56 with solar. If you would’ve had the utility company as the sole provider your total cost would’ve been 2,497.41. Looking over the analysis we also determined your usage increased. Once you go solar, your utility company will begin billing you as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means instead of billing you for all of your electricity usage, your utility will bill you for the difference between system production and how much total electricity your home needed for the month. For example, if the system generates 400 kWh of solar electricity and you used 600 kWh of electricity in your home, your utility company will only bill you for 200 kWh of electricity. In either case, you will receive a net metering statement detailing your electricity usage, as well as any solar electricity credits you may have accrued each month (if you produced more electricity than you used). These credits will be incorporated into your utility bill, lowering your payment to the utility company. Please keep in mind that while the system may produce 400 kWh, some of that electricity is used immediately and your utility will only keep track of how much electricity is pushed back to their grid. This means that they will likely show a lower credit than the total production of the system. In regards to selling your home, we have an amazing team that works with you and a buyer during a sale of a home. Our Service Transfer team is amazing! Thank you for reaching out, I will send an email to inform you of what we need to run the analysis.

CHERIE ALDRICH
September 24th, 2018 Exeter, CA DETAILS

I have 30 panels and they have underperformed every year and I always have a true up bill of at least $1500 or more. I have called and complained and it gets me nowhere. Going solar with them was the worst mistake ever.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 24, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cherie. We certainly hate to hear this. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. We have shared your experience with our leadership team.

Angus MacDonald
September 24th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

Very polite. When told that I had hired another company, he graciously wished me luck. No pushy hard sell. Would use them if I hadn't found another I preferred. Recommended.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with our sales representative. We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for helping create a better environment.

J. Gordon Kennedy
September 24th, 2018 DETAILS

After making payments to SunRun for approximately 8 years, late last year their accounting department started applying our payments to another customer's account and kept billing us for more and more each month. We have never been told exactly how much of the nearly $ 2,000.00 we paid last year was diverted and when, nor have we been told how much or the dates of a correction to our account. I have demanded this information in writing to SunRun but have not received any answer. So much for TRANSPARENCY they claim. J. Gordon Kennedy Madera, CA

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 24, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will have a Case Manager follow up with you.

Reina Cardenas
September 20th, 2018 Coalinga, CA DETAILS

Buyers beware when sunrun offers you additional panels they are actually selling you a second contract. Let me share with you what happened to me so it doesn't happen to you. A representative from LGCY Powers / Sunrun came to my home told me that I would benefit with additional panels. Me not realizing that I would be singing a second contract the representative maybe believe that it was an ammendment to the original contract. Never did he state it was an additional contract. Now I'm screwed I have 2 contracts 2 payments for the next 30 years. And now the company is playing stupid with me and will not void the second contract. Can anyone help me with this issue or guide me to the appropriate people to speak with.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 21, 2018

Hello Reina C. We are so sorry to hear you are having issues with your agreement. It sounds like the issue is with Legacy, they are a partner of ours. Have you tried escalating the matter with them? We can certainly take a look at what's going on. Feel free to private message us your contact information.

philip mazovec
September 20th, 2018 Mastic, NY DETAILS

When the panels work they are fine. Its been four weeks and about 4 phone calls to customer service. My second dc generator arced and does not produce. Every time I call my ticket goes to high priority or so they say. No one has called to address this issue. I will be phoning again tomorrow. How can the field guys not even call me. Oh yea they are too busy installing panels and too understaffed to do repairs. No longer a fan. Boooooooo. Thumbs down.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 21, 2018

carl riggs
September 17th, 2018 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

Have gone solar since 2/17 and the panels have produced what was promised. Our home is 2500sf with a split existing a/c system (2) outside units. When we purchased the house in 5/16 monthly APS bills averaged about 350$$ a month in the summer and appox 275$$ a month in the winter. We have found that for 8-1/2 months our APS bill is appox 35-50 a month mostly taxes etc. The other 3-1/2 months we're averaging appox 175-325 APS bill. Our goal was to average about 200$ a month year round. We're not quite there yet because our existing A/C units are 13 years old and one will get replaced this winter with a new efficient unit. Anyone thinking you will get 100 percent away from APS forget it they still bill you for many different things. So in a nut shell we're getting what was sold to us and am satisified. Hopefully with the new A/C unit our summer rates will decrease.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 18, 2018

Wow, what an amazing review. Thank you Carl R. for sharing your fantastic experience with us. We are proud to hear how satisfied our customers are. We are here to create a planet run by the sun and you are a part of this as well, thank you! Power forward!

Jim
September 17th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

good to work with but want to see cost during winter.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 18, 2018

Hello Jim, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Remember that solar is seasonal. The panels will produce more during the sunnier months and less during the winter. Over the course of 12 months, you will still be saving. We are excited to have you and welcome you to the Sunrun family.

Wei Yuan
September 17th, 2018 Kapolei, HI DETAILS

Sometime they aren't very responsive in resolving trouble tickets.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 18, 2018

Hello Wei Y. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry if the service call took longer than you expected. The good news is you're protected by the performance guarantee policy since you're leasing the system.

Elpi P
September 17th, 2018 San Ramon, CA DETAILS

Great Company to work with plus Delivered product aheat of time

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 18, 2018

Hello Epi, thank you for leaving this wonderful review. We appreciate your time and kind words. We work hard to make the process of going solar easy. We're a human-centered company and find passion in delivering our product. Now welcome to the Sunrun family and let's create a planet run by the sun.

Barbara
September 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Every person we worked with was polite, communicated what we needed to know, and got their job done quickly. The whole process took less time than expected, and beat of all we're saving $! All around excellent company.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezSep 18, 2018

This is an amazing review, Barbara. Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic experience. We strive to make sure the process is seamless and transparent. Now lets power forward.

September 17th, 2018 San Jacinto, CA DETAILS

when I got it I was told my electric bill would be no more than 11 dollars a month, I have paid over 50 dollares the last 2 month on top of my SunRun bill.

[email protected]Sep 17, 2018

Thank you for your communication. The Sunrun invoice will have the total amount produced. Your utility bill will show how much excess energy was pushed to the utility grid and stored as a credit. Your utility bill will also detail how much additional energy you needed to purchase from the utility.

C sims
September 17th, 2018 Honea Path, SC DETAILS

It is has not been very valuable yet. My power bills are still around $100 a month plus my $119 a month to sun run???????

[email protected]Sep 17, 2018

Hello C Sims. Your utility bill will show how much excess energy was pushed to the utility grid and stored as a credit. Your utility bill will also detail how much additional energy you needed to purchase from the utility. The sum of the total production from the system and the additional amount purchased from the utility is your total usage. Unfortunately, Sunrun does not have access to the utility company's internal billing and metering, so we cannot tell you how much energy was stored as a credit to them. Since your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar. In other words, you're still saving.

RK
September 17th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

Excellent product and great workmanship. Great local service.

[email protected]Sep 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! This is a great experience and we are so ecstatic to hear you are happy with the installation, Let's create a planet run by the sun.

GUNNARD HALVORSON
September 17th, 2018 Kapolei, HI DETAILS

Not performing as advertised. Slow to respond.

[email protected].comSep 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns Gunnard H. We see that we are working on your service issue. It's disheartening to hear that the service has not been what you expected. We certainly hate to hear this. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience.