8.3

Sunrun

verified
Sunrun has helped over 180,000 customers save more than $100 million on their electricity bills with solar!

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out. After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points. The company, which is based in San Francisco, California, has installed over 950 megawatts of solar power and helped consumers in 20 states and Washington D.C. to lower their electricity bills.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • 20-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

In order to fit the needs of almost any customer, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans. Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost. The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments. Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

20-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased, a 20-year warranty on systems that are leased, and 24/7 system monitoring (provided by Sunrun).

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout. Additionally, Brightbox helps customers save money by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes a detailed FAQ section, a helpful guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand how to move forward with Sunrun and start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 950 megawatts of solar energy. As a result, Sunrun has offset 1.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 180,000 customers to reduce their electricity bills and take advantage of net metering.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of blog posts and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Click here.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach. While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Click here. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

3.4

Mary Smith
July 13th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

My experience with the sales person and the site inspector was a very good one. The information presented was detailed and easy to understand, but I decided not to go with the company because interviewing a competitor I found a better deal on financing and product warranties.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 13, 2018

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our customer care team. Our goal, as a company is to be customer obsessed. We are so excited to welcome you to the Sunrun family.

Ernestine
July 11th, 2018 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS

On the day I was supposed to meet with the agent I left her a voice mail before our scheduled meeting that I wanted to rechedule. She said she never got it and showed up anyway. We met and this is just the beginning. I did not realize until the panels had been installed how much she did not tell us or how some of the information was inaccurate. To go into full detail would take too much time. After reading some of the bad reviews I know I also should speak up about my bad experience. If I had read the reviews before I signed the agreement I would have never considered this company. We were misinformed about doing a credit inquiry, not fully explained about the payments, misinformed about getting solar skirts and now we are told we can get solar skirts for an additional fee and signing a home improvement agreement. We are very very displeased and feel we are trapped in the panels. Please read your agreement thoroughly before signing because more than likely it is an e-signature.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thanks for reaching out Ernestine. We want to take this chance to better understand your review. Please private message us your contact information, and we further discuss your inquiry, thank you.

Amber Bergeron
July 10th, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

If I was to write this review a year ago, it would be 5 stars hands down. When we got our system installed we had great service and communication. The past few months, we have been having terrible bird issues on our panels. It is to the point where we can even hear the birds while in our house. I contacted Sunrun regarding the bird issue and the customer service rep told us that since we live in AZ, we will get bird netting installed and the panels cleaned for free. We were so grateful he told us this as he said usually it can cost $800-$1800. He said we will receive an email from the contractor to setup a time for them to come out and the process will go faster since we don’t have to get a quote. One week later we still haven’t received an email so I called again speaking to a different customer service rep. She said that they do not do the bird services free and that it will cost us about $800-$1800. I asked about my previous conversation and she said it was noted that I agreed to all charges and understood it was not free. I was very confused at this point. She put me on hold so she can speak to her supervisor and I guess her supervisor confirmed the no. She said we will receive an email to setup the quote. Three weeks later, we still have never received this email. I called again and they stated again that we will receive an email. At this point, we are very disappointed in using Sunrun and regret using them and utilizing them for an investment. We can tell our panels are covered with bird poop, eggs fall on our sidewalk every week, and once again we can hear them in our house. We will be looking elsewhere to get the panels taken care of. Sunrun, take care of your customers! I never expected it to be free but when I was told that, we were very grateful then was lied too. Please train all of your employees on the same policies.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We work hard to be human-centered and transparent with our customers. We will submit your feedback to our sales leadership team. Feel free to private message us your contact information and we can look further into this, thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun.

Robert Lopez
July 10th, 2018 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

What a nightmare. First off I am experiencing the same issues as another customer review. Signing up with Sunrun has been the worst decision I have ever made. I have not had service for over a month now. I have a leak on my tile roof that they can't find and do not take responsibility for. Home is 10 years old and wasn't leaking until they installed the panels but they don't want to hear it. As far as my service not working, I didn't know until I received a call from a service tech 2 weeks later, he stated it needed an inverter and it would be up in 1.5 weeks. It has been over 2 weeks and no calls. I have reached out to them numerous times now and get the run around. Is it fair to have to pay for service you are not receiving? The entire purpose was to get rid of SCE. They also promised me a "supervisor" or the right person will call you back but nobody ever does. Since I am in a contract there is really nothing I can do and they know it. They also gave me the warranty they speak of. They say they will monitor your system and do any and all repairs for free. They do not mention it could take months and if they are monitoring they take their time about reaching out to you. Do your homework and get quotes from several reputable companies before you go solar and truly understand your contract. I too do not want to see anyone get stuck in the same situation I am in. I am currently going to report them to the better business bureau and am seeking an attorney to get out of my contract and have them remove that equipment that does not work.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Robert L. We sincerely apologize for the overall experience you've had with Sunrun. We will provide your feedback to our management team. we've replaced the inverter to address the services issues, and I see now we are looking into an early performance guarantee. You are currently working with a specialist to get this resolved. Thank you for your valued patience while we got this resolved.

Roger I.
July 6th, 2018 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

I dont have enough space to list all issues I have had since signing up with Sunrun but I will say it has been the worst decision I have ever made as a homeowner. Since my system was installed (over 4 years now) it has not once produced the power promised. Even with my Sunrun system I am paying the electric company between $1300 and $2000 a year. Please dont be fooled by the "guarantee" they offer on your power production, it is a scam. What it does is pays you for what they dont produce however it does not come close to covering what you will pay your electric company. The purpose of solar is to keep you in lower tiers with your utility company. When solar under produces your tiers go up and you pay the higher rate. For example my Edison bill last year was a bit over $1300, Sunrun gave me about $300 back in underproduction and I get stuck paying the extra $1000 out of pocket to Edison. Sunrun has done nothing to fix the issue and the customer service is nonexistent. The folks who answer the calls are always very polite however they cant resolve your problems. They promise a "supervisor" or the right person will call you back but nobody ever does. Oddly every time I call all of the supervisors are "in a meeting" all at the same time. Since I am in a contract there is really nothing I can do and they know it. Next is their "warrant" they speak of. It sounds great that they will monitor your system and do any and all repairs for free. Here is the issue with that. About two years after my under producing system was installed my "inverter" went out during the summer months which means I was producing zero power. Sunrun let me know that they were out of stock and it would be months before they fixed it. I asked if that meant they were not able to do any new installs across the entire country because they had no inverters and of course they said they had inverters to do new installs but none to repair the systems of their "valued" customers. So I went many months of no solar at all but don't think for a second they will let you stop paying them even though they wont repair your system. Anyway my Edison bill was $2000 that year and what Sunrun refunded me didn't even come close to covering it. If nothing else please do your homework and get quotes from several reputable companies before you go solar and truly understand your contract. I made mistakes as well that are completely my own fault. I am paying Sunrun more money for less power than some of my friends/relatives I was able to steer away from Sunrun to other companies. The salesman gave me a good pitch and I signed up without shopping around. That is completely my fault but all I have asked from Sunrun is to simply produce the power I am paying for and they have not lived up to their end of the deal one time since I signed on. And again, your in a contract for a very long time. Once they have you on the hook they have zero motivation to help you. All I can do at this point is tell my story in reviews and hang out with the poor sales representatives at Costco and warn all of their potential victims about what they are really getting with Sunrun. I don't know if there is a way for potential customers to contact me direct from here but if there is feel free to message me. I will be glad to explain all of the issues I have and what I have learned. I really don't want to see anyone get stuck in the same situation I am in. Also as of the date of this review my system is completely shut down and not producing any power. I have no idea if/when they will repair it so I can at least get what little power it does produce.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Roger. First off, we would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm and we would love an opportunity to review exactly what went wrong here. If interested, please provide the name and address on your Agreement so that we can reach out to further discuss your experience. We do not take this lightly and will provide the necessary feedback to the appropriate Managers. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Juyi Youk
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I had a free consultation 3 weeks ago. Costco financing and gift card bla bla was all good. I didn't sign right away. 2 weeks later I sent text massages to sales person that I might want to start later and not right away and I had some additional questions. My phone showed the massage was read. No respond until now. I can imagine how good customer service I could get once it is sold and installed.

WAYNE BARBOUR
July 5th, 2018 Shingle Springs, CA DETAILS

I researched a lot of solar companies. I asked many of my friends that had solar installed. At that time, 2014, there were very few that offered a PPA plan. Sunrun was one. I talked with their Rep. He was very helpful and informative. I was convinced the PPA was for me. No cost at all. How could I go wrong to not cough up 20 to 30 thousand dollars for a loan to own and maintain my system. With the PPA plan Sunrun takes care of everything. I recommended Sunrun to my friends. They were equally happy with all the results from Sunrun. Thanks guys!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Hello Wayne, thank you for sharing your awesome review. We aim to keep things simple by setting just expectations and providing you with the most supportive customer service. We're happy this was the experience throughout your solar transformation Power Forward!

Gerry DeGrace
July 5th, 2018 Gardner, MA DETAILS

Our panels have been operating for two years and consistently generate more power than we use. Engineering and installation was above expectations. Great crew! The system looks great on our house and works great. Absolutely will and have recommended sunrun. Have not needed customer service much but they were responsive.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Gerry D.! It's awesome to learn, you've enjoyed the process of going solar, from the installation to your experience with customer care. We are happy when our customers are happy, thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun!

Pat Marziale
July 5th, 2018 Clovis, CA DETAILS

We have been waiting 2 months for a replacement inverter. Customer service is nice but the case managers never call back when they say they will. Now it's over 100 degrees and my solar is useless because they either have no intention of honoring the warranty or they got my inverter and installed it elsewhere or they just don't care and hope I go away. I spent a heck of a lot of cash for my system. Maybe that's it. I don't owe them money. It's paid for. Wish someone could really help. This sucks

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for your communication Pat M. It's disheartening to understand your interaction with customer support fell short of Sunrun's expectations. We are working to get your service issue resolved as soon as possible, and we want to thank you for your continued patience. We will share your feedback with our management team. Can you please private message us your contact information? We will have a Specialist reach out to you.

David sr Catlin
July 2nd, 2018 Oxford, CT DETAILS

NOT HAPPY AT ALL THE ENGINEERS HAVE MOUNTING HARDWARE SPACING TO FAR APART WITH THE EXTRA WEIGHT OF SNOW LOAD CAUSE SAGGING AND EXTENSIVE DAMAGE TO MY ROOF AND SUNRUN WON’T ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DAMAGE!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 03, 2018

Thank you for reaching out David, we appreciate the communication. Our aim is to provide outstanding customer service. One of our goals is to be human-centered. We can only imagine how frustrating is it for you to have roof issues. We would be happy to further investigate this matter. We apologize for any issues or inconveniences this may have caused you. This is not the Sunrun norm. Please private message us your contact information and we can have a specialist reach out to you.

Sheila
July 2nd, 2018 Rockland, MA DETAILS

I WOULD NEVER go with sun run or recommend them NEVER. They were very fast to come to my home and make sure the panels were installed. After the installation I contacted them to come out and go over a few thing "We have no one in your area that is able to do that" However they have someone in the area to spend time with my neighbor to set up for an install (we did a false set up to see if they indeed would come out)I then called a few years later as my roof was leaking and my understanding was they would maintain and follow them as long as we had them. NO, only for 5 years. They word things in such a round about way it all seems to your benefit. I had to call again only for them to tell me i was not under warranty any longer. I asked them when they were going to return my call to tell me this?? THEY HAVE POOR,NO LET ME REPHRASE THAT ,THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL! NONE! DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. DO NOT! They do bill on time, but if you cancel the auto deduction your bill goes up monthly.Remember they are attached to your home therefore when you want to sell it the buyer has to agree to take over payments. This also was NEVER explained to us. If the buyer does not agree you are liable to pay or your home will not sell. again AWFUL COMPANY. DO NOT GO WITH THEM OR EVEN CALL!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 03, 2018

Hello, Sheila thank you for your communication. Your business means a lot to us and it’s disheartening to hear what your experience has been. As a Sunrun customer, we offer an orientation call to answer any questions or concerns you have during the initial process. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication; this is not the Sunrun norm. When customers are presented with our agreement, we review the ACH fee and explain the benefits. If the account is not set up on ACH we do apply a fee to the account. We find that Service Transfers are easiest when the Agreement is disclosed early and made a contingency of the sale. To ensure a simple transfer, please complete steps one and two prior to the close of escrow. We're happy to discuss the benefits of the Agreement and the Service Transfer process with real estate agents or potential buyers that may not be familiar with the Sunrun Solar Service. Simply let us know when you decide to put your home on the market and we will ensure you have all the materials and support you need. Please reach out to us with any questions you have.

Dave Bower
July 2nd, 2018 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

Sun run installed solar panels on our roof a month after we had installed a bran new roof. They broke approximiatly 100 tiles and now they dont beleve they did it. Also they didnt tell me that WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT THE PANELS SHUT DOWN. YOU DONT HAVE FREE POWER EVER.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 03, 2018

Hello Dave, thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive during installation. We would like to follow up with you in regards to the tech's findings, we will send you an email with the details. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun.

dana m blasi
June 29th, 2018 Jamul, CA DETAILS

I have 24 panels in san diego ,10 years old .my electric bill says I used 250 kwr and I sent 2 kwr to grid .my electric bill is $300 and sun run bill about $70 .. smtn doesn't seem right does it. Sun run did contact me and tell me my system is running fine. So I must assume only sending 2 kwr to the grid is normal which means a family of two used 100 times more power than 24 panels produced . Never run the a/c but I do have a pool pump .I assume if I didn't have $25K worth of solar on the roof I would not have generated those 2kwr and I would have been billed for 252 KWR instead of 250 KWR .....and my $300 bill would have been what ? $320? ...perplexing .

Ted Larkin
June 28th, 2018 Norton, MA DETAILS

Ok at best. Sunrun holds our lease since our original solar company called sungevity went bankrupt a few years ago. Repairs in Massachusetts are not performed by sunrun. They use an independent third party repair center which did not install the panels. Took sun run and or their repair center sun system technology four months to repair our solar system under warranty. They’re a complete joke when your system breaks. A lot of stress and headaches. Their right had doesn’t talk to the left hand so to speak. I would only use a local solar installer over sun run or sungevity in my next twenty year lease. Good luck.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Ted. Setting the standard in outstanding service is something we (seriously) obsess over. We are sorry to hear this was not the case. We do have techs available in MA to service our systems, and if we don't have one available we can contact a partner to help service our systems. We do it in good faith to make sure we serve our customers in a timely manner. We work too hard to make sure the system is producing, as well as making sure we fix the problem if the system experience underproduction. You're protected by the performance guarantee during the time you're experiencing service issues. We will provide your feedback to our service leadership team.

Steven Berck
June 28th, 2018 Uncasville, CT

It appears that Kimberly Ramirez-Martinez is an automated AI. Besides us receiving a request for contact information we found that anyone with an issue receives the same response. We have yet to receive a call from Kimberly Ramirez-Martinez - is this the same for everyone? This company must be a FLY BY NIGHT type company. No one replies to emails. We have sent emails to several different emails obtained from their web-site without anything other than automated responses.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Steven B. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. This feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. Thank you for your feedback. Please private message me your contact information.

Ed
June 26th, 2018 Escondido, CA DETAILS

They Can't (or won't) bid on a 1, 3, or 5kW system.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Hello Ed, thanks for reaching out. We want to take this chance to better understand your review. Please private message us your contact information, and we further discuss your inquiry, thank you.

steven j sibler
June 26th, 2018 Loma Linda, CA DETAILS

Felt I was being listened too by telling Ozzie I had the right color paint, the sample was used and it didn't match, so I now need to go out and repaint conduet and paint all the rest of unpainted. When I asked Why he did it was told he couldn't find my paint but never asked where I had it(it was kept inside for preservation) Then told the Sunrun agent would finish up on the remaining painting

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Hello Steven S. Thank you for sharing your concerns, I've reached out to Jessica your installation coordinator and she will be in touch with you. We want to take the opportunity and make this right! Thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun.

Beth Brutvan
June 26th, 2018 Lincoln, CA DETAILS

The sales rep was extremely knowledgeable

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Hi Beth! We are delighted to know you had a wonderful customer experience and you are satisfied with your solar system. Welcome to the Sunrun family. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Chris
June 26th, 2018 Watsonville, CA DETAILS

Great Web Pages, excellent sales personnel

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. Power Forward!

Hazel Handal
June 26th, 2018 Waldorf, MD

Big thanks to Greg H., ZImv, Chris, Javointe, Allen, and MarSean the were able to installed my solar panels in less than 7 hours and we’re here on time.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Hazel H.! Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience!

Tony K Yang
June 26th, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS

Worst customer service!!! I bought this system over 6 months ago and it has failed Irvine city inspection three (3) times. I am making monthly payments on a system that doesn't work. Great sales but fail on delivery. I email Sunrun and they keep giving me the run around. DO NOT BUY...frustrated.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Thank you for your communication Tony. We apologize for the delay, we see our managers are working to get this resolved. We offered you an appeasement in the amount of $408 due to the delays. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Taylor Siren
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Sunrun saves you money and also benefits the environment!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 25, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Taylor S. This is such a wonderful review. We are so grateful for our customers, especially since we are still a growing company. If you know anyone else who could benefit from going solar, be sure to take advantage of our referral program by visiting sunrun.com/referral.

Andy
June 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

My initial experience was really good....the installation was done well and they maintained great contact with me throughout the entire process. My panels have been up and running now for about 6 months and I am actually trending to pay more for my electricity than wo the panels. I emailed customer service to make sure the panels were working correctly and was told a rep would call me that day. It’s been almost two weeks(and a follow up email from me)and still have heard nothing. Curious how this plays out. Update Still have not heard from a rep as was promised by customer service email. Newest bill came in from APS....highest I've ever paid for a monthly electric bill between APS and SunRun.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 05, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Andy. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. We want to take this chance to turn things around for you, please private message us your contact information. We will have a rep reach out to you.

Shannon O'Connell
June 25th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Read every word of the contract!!!! Even if it is 30 pages long and the sales people show it to you on a tiny note book. What the sales person promises is not what you are signing up for. They lied to my face and now I am paying more than I ever did to SDG & E. I'm also concerned I won't be able to ever sell my house with the existing 20 year contract! Sunrun - Don't bother with your automatic response system. You really don't care as long as you are making money hand over fist. Sleep well.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 27, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us Shannon O. We strive to always provide outstanding service. In keeping with this, operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! We make sure to provide a copy of the agreement as well as offering an orientation call to our new customers. We make sure the most important points are addressed . In regards to sellig your home, Sunrun makes this a seamless process. If you are looking to sell your home please contact us so we can get you in touch with a service transfer coordinator.

Keith Winterowd
June 20th, 2018 Waianae, HI DETAILS

Poor customer service once the system is up and running. I called customer service when I noticed that I was still pulling power from the grid even when I had plenty of battery. They said someone would contact me and come out and check it out. Not almost 2 weeks and no call. Still buying power from Hawaii Electric needlessly and paying for lease.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you, Keith, for sharing your concerns. I see you've had contact with Sunrun June 20th. We reached out to the field service coordinator for an update in regards to your locus meter. You will be contacted once we have an update for you. Thank you for the continued patience, we understand service issues are frustration. Feel free to private message us with any question.

Disappointed Potential Customer
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

More pressure than content. Automated appointment system Seriously underrated my energy requirements. Sloppy calculation method.screwed up and no one knew there was a problem. Sent Text Messages late at night that woke me up.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback and giving us a chance to fix this. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. While it is important for us to take care of any issues solar related, I want to take the chance to review your case. Please private message me your contact information and I can have a Specialist reach out you.

See above
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

That act like car salemen, must be on commission

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your communication, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits in with your expectations is what we strive for. We are so sorry to hear this was not the case, it is very disheartening. Please provide your contact information so we can have someone follow up with you immediately!

Anonymous unpermittable
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

On time, cogent discussion, upfront, no bull.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

This is a wonderful story! Providing the best customer experience is our aim, and it all starts by doing the simple things. So glad to have you as a customer. Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Wasted Time
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

I asked them to call me back and no one did.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thanks for your contact! Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We are so sorry to hear this was the case. Please feel free to send me a private message with your contact information, we would like to have someone reach out to you.

Sam
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

Agent did not fully disclose all costs for lease program. Did not offer the Pace financing option

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Sam. Starting August 3rd, 2016, the Sunrun Direct sales team is going to begin offering the BrightSave Prepaid + PACE to homeowners. By utilizing the PACE program through CaliforniaFIRST we are now enabling more homeowners to sign up for a prepaid system. This program is only available in CA CaliforniaFIRST is a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program for residential properties. We will provide your feedback to our sales leadership team. Please private message us any questions you may have.

Unreliable
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

They said they would call but never did, unreliable

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message us your contact information so we can look further into this!

Roger Gibson
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

Our house, along with 33 Sunrun panels were destroyed by fire. Sunrun's refusal to help in the rebuilding process caused the delay in rebuilding on our lot.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your communication Robert G. We can only imagine how hard it is to experience a house fire, and we are sincerely sorry if we held up the demolition process, or any process at that. The delay was due to the panels still being on the home. The demolishing team would not proceed until we removed the panels, or let them get demolished with the home. It looks like we were able to work towards a resolution. There were only 4 panels left and the structural integrity of the home has been compromised and any individual that gets on the roof is at risk of falling through the roof. 85% of the home is totally destroyed. We see you worked with our Construction Manager and she got you taken care of, and you were able to move forward. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in regards to the situation.

Joe Melton
June 19th, 2018 New River, AZ DETAILS

The only trouble I am having with Sunrun is I am now paying more for my electricity now that before solar power. Talk to they sale person when I bought this system and he said they would put own 105% of my power used. Think they must have put on about 75 to 85%. Tried to find a way to e-mail them and only found a headache. The panels work good just don't put out like I was told they would do.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Joe. Thank you for your feedback. Looking at your system's production from April 29th, 2017 to today's date you haven't experienced any service issues. The system's production looks great, the panels are designed to cover 100% of 19,767 kilowatts. If you are still receiving a bill from the utility company it's possible the usage has increased. We would be more than happy to run a savings analysis to see if this is the case. Please private message me your contact information and we can look further into this.

Claire D’Orso
June 19th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS

My father had this system installed a few years ago. He passed away, and now we cannot sell the house with these panels on it, and may be obligated to pay the remainder of the “lease”, purchase them, have them removed and replace the Spanish tile roof. There will likely be no money left for my mother, who requires around-the-clock care and now lives with us. Targeting elderly senior citizens at the end of their lives is wrong and ought to be illegal. My parents’ “estate” is now obligated, and could end up bankrupt.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Claire D. Thank you for your communication. We find that Service Transfers are easiest when the Agreement is disclosed early and made a contingency of the sale. Our Service Transfer process is simple and requires you and the buyer to complete three steps prior to the close of escrow. You and the buyer must sign the "Transfer of Sunrun Solar Service Agreement" form. The form may be signed in counterpart, so the signatures do not need to be on the same copy of the form. The buyer must receive credit approval and can request a link to our online credit application from their Service Transfer Coordinator. You or the buyer must submit proof of Title transfer. This can include a title report with the new homeowner's name on the title, the grant deed or a closing statement. In regards to the tiles on the home. The installation pictures show no broken tiles, none of the cases or project notes on the account mention this. Customer needs to provide pictures of the damage as we don't believe it's from the installation. Feel free to private message me your contact information so we can work towards a resolution.

Raffy
June 18th, 2018 Newton Center, MA DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Company does not communicate amongst its employees. Back end systems don't match up consumers information. Online stats never reflect real time every use. App on phone never shows updated stats. Over all experience has been TERRIBLE! They take no responsibility for any of their mistakes and blame everything on the customer. They penalize you by not sending out technicians to your house on purpose, I was just told this by a rep on the phone!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Raffy. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience, we will share your feedback with our engineering team. Can you please private message me your contact information so we can look into the App issue for you? We will have a specialist reach out to you, we want to take the chance and change this experience around. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun.

Trung Vo
June 18th, 2018 Katy, TX

I had a 3pm appointment on Sunday for a consultation to get solar panel installed at my house. I had to leave an event to make my appointment at my house, but consultant never showed up. No call or email to let me know he was not going to make it. Wasted my time!!! Very disappointed!!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 18, 2018

Hello, Trung v. Thank you for your communication. We strive to always provide outstanding service. We are not pleased to hear that this was not your experience and we will reach out to our leadership team and provide feedback. Please private message me your contact information, a Specialist will contact you. Thank you for creating a planet run by the sun.

Alexandra P
June 15th, 2018 Casa Grande, AZ

I was looking forward to meet with Sunrun rep to learn my options about solar energy. I had an appointment set up 3 days before the schedule time. After 45 minutes of waiting I called the number of the rep that was suppose to meet with me. He stated he was not coming because he was too far away from my residence. Not once I was called or email to reschedule. He stated that the customer service rep that called me to set up the appointment has no idea how far potential customers are from him and he can't accommodate a visit. He can only do a quote online or maybe he can accommodate an appointment on a Saturday. I have to say very disappointed with this company customer service. If is this bad at the beginning it will only be worse as a established customer.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Alexandra P. We want to offer a customer experience that meets your expectations! We will share your feedback with our sales leadership team. Please feel free to private message me your contact information and a Specialist will reach out to you. Thank you.

Doug A
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Product Sales are too hardcore. Too much like timeshare.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Dough A. We apologize if our sales representative came on too strong, because this is not how Sunrun treats potential customers. We will share this feedback with our sales leadership team.

Patrick

Never heard back from them after requesting 2 different times

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

So sorry to hear this! Please send us a private message with your full name and phone number, so that we may locate your information and get back to you! Thank you for your feedback.

No show salesman
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Appt cancelled salesman was double booked

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, we are so sorry to hear that you did not receive any sort of contact from the sales rep. Please provide us your contact information so we can make sure we reach out to you. Thank you for your communication.