Current Home Logo

Current Home

8.7

LAST UPDATED: May 23rd, 2024

Current Home Solar is a solar and roofing company that helps homeowners boost their property value, gain independence from the power grid, reduce utility bills, and save the environment.

Current Home Solar currently operates in three states: California, Florida, and Texas.

The Good

• Clear Service Area
  • Financing Options
  • High Quality Product Partnerships

Clear Service Area

It is frustrating to look up a company and get excited about its products and services only to find out that it doesn't serve your area. Time and time again, we have seen this with solar companies.

While some solar companies are vague on exactly where they operate, Current Home Solar is the opposite. The company clearly states that it offers its services to California, Florida, and Texas residents. However, the solar company goes further and names the counties. This is extremely helpful to those who are researching online. Providing this level of detail indicates that Current Home Solar values consumers' time and doesn't bait those located outside the service area.

Financing Options

Current Home Solar wants to help end the perception that solar is expensive and unattainable for most homeowners. To help, the company offers several financing options. Current Home Solar provides a $0 down solar utility program with free installations.

If you want to finance your solar project, Current Home Solar offers $0 down with interest rates as low as 1.9 percent.

You can purchase your solar upfront. This is the best option for homeowners who want to save immediately. This option comes with Federal Solar Tax credits, maximum long-term savings, and more.

On the Current Home Solar FAQ page, the company does mention that you can lease solar panels. However, there is no more information about this, so we recommend contacting the company for more details.

High Quality Product Partnerships

Current Home Solar works with some of the biggest manufacturers in the solar industry. The company offers solar panels from LG Solar, SolarEdge, Sunrun, and Sunnova. It also works with inverter manufacturers such as SolarEdge and Enphase.

Additionally, the company is a Tesla Powerwall certified installer. If you buy a Tesla Solar storage battery, Current Home Solar's employees are trained to install Powerwall and must adhere to the strict quality, permitting, and inspection requirements.

These companies have well-established themselves in the solar industry and are known for their superior products and warranties.

The Bad

NABCEP-Certified Installers

The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners is widely reconized as the gold standard certification organization within the solar industry. It is unclear if Current Home Solar employs any NABCEP-certified employees. This is not required of solar companies or their employees; however, the certification ensures that technicians are qualified and can handle any issue or problem during the installation process.

The Bottom Line

Current Home Solar is a solar installation company that focuses on helping homeowners and businesses save money. The company offers several financing solutions, so solar is a viable option no matter your financial situation. Additionally, the company works with some of the top-name manufacturers in the industry, so we expect consumers to be happy with the quality of the products.

If you are interested in working with Current Home Solar, you can speak with one of the company's experts for free to learn more about the process.

View Best Solar Companies

5.0

Humberto Garcia

Jasen and Megan at Current made the solar experience a breeze. From the initial meeting with Jasen to the day Edison finally turned on our service, they were there every step of the way. Now that I’ve been a solar customer for over two years, I’m so happy Jasen provided the exact production we needed. I’ve heard of people who go too big of a system or not big enough and they each paid for it one way or another. I got in during net metering 2 and both times we’ve had a true out bill from Edison it has been around $100 for the whole year. Not bad considering we have an electric vehicle. I would definitely recommend Current to anyone looking to get solar.

22 hours ago

Andre Allison

I had my solar panels installed by Conner and his team at Current Home, and since then, have not had an electric bill. I have two electric cars, and they calculated how much energy I would need to support those, and thats how many we installed. Conner and his team were instrumental in me choosing this company. Even years after the install, they connect with me to make sure all is well. You could not ask for more from a company. I have 3 other companies come to my home to give me an idea of the install I would need, and I choose Current Home due to their understanding of the systems being installed, and ease of dealing with their customer support both during and after install. I also had them install on my parents house as well. Great people, great product, great service. What more could you ask for.

22 hours ago

janet clemmons

Great, love Current homes from the consultation to the install. They were professional, reliable and trustworthy. Meagan, our rep explained in detail the breakdown of what would be best option for our home and it's needs. Highly recommend!

19 hours ago

Christopher Murphy

Good customer service and good communication. Nice people and they did a nice job. They came back and did some repairs on my system when they noticed that a panel wasn’t producing power, I didn’t even know I had an issue. So that was nice.

23 hours ago

Donald Tenney

I was skeptical in the beginning about getting solar. However with current home there was no pressure to make me hurry up and sign a contract. I asked questions and they provided me answers that set me at ease. Customer service is an A+. When it came to install day that's what it took 1 day, by a group of professional installers. These guys really know their stuff. They provided me with latest equipment. There were no issues with getting the permit signed off by the city inspector, and I now have my permission to operate from SCE. System works better than expected. Overall I am very exceptionally satisfied with everything. Thank you Current Home

Eddie Felix

Jim W. was great. He explained the product and process seamlessly. I'm so grateful that we decided to get solar. After interviewing 5 companies, Current Home was hands down the best fit. My friend also went with Current Home after my recommendation and loves it. I'd highly recommend Current Home to anyone looking to get solar.

Gerald Sievers

The salesman Glenn S. was very professional and knowledgeable, he answered all our questions and got us a very good interest rate. The installers did a good job on the installation of the panels, they were in and out in just a couple of hours. Current Home is a good company to do business with.

23 hours ago

Andrew Schwartz

Current Home wasn't the lowest prices for solar. The cost was competitive but we chose them because they were transparent with the process and everything is done in house. Unlike other companies where they have subcontractors for their subcontractors and you don't know who to call if there's a problem. They're also very responsive if you have questions or need to make a phone call to them. One thing we really appreciated was the roof inspection. They know that having to make roof repairs can increase the price, but they also understand that revealing roofing issues before installation is much better for the customer than finding out after installation during a big rain storm,

Bob Blackford

We have been very happy with our purchase of solar with Current Hone. The low interest rate for our purchase of the service was partially instrumental in our decision to go with Current after looking into several other companies.

Alex Guerrero

Nothing but good things to say about this company. They reached out to me at a time I was already interested in going solar before the big rate change. Their rep was very friendly and educated me along the entire process from start to installation. Even after installation they got me up and running with their app to see how my system is performing. Appreciated all their effort and couldn’t be happier!

Daniel Benavides

From the sales presentation with Duke the explanation and procedures were explained in detail and in layman’s terms. The next steps were discussed and Current Home delivered as promised. The design, review and acceptance by the HOA and county building were flawless. The office support was excellent. The installation was a 1 day install and the final inspection was a breeze!! I had no issues or concerns and would recommend Current Home for your solar solutions!

K

What a great experience I had working with Current Home. They were so patient and thorough with me walking me through the entire process. The great customer service does not stop once the installation is complete, they remain available for any questions and are just a text or a call away. It was a scary decision to install solar and with Andrew’s help, it was pain-free!

Tanisha Woods

I absolutely love that selected Current Home as our solar option. We moved into a new house and became bombarded with different companies coming on a daily trying to sell us solar. We didn’t know who to trust and had no clue about solar. Our neighbor recommended Conner with Current Home and I am glad he did. They do NOT take advantage of folks and are very upfront. Conner broke everything down so good, I feel like I am a solar expert now LOL. Conner mapped out everything perfectly. We have had solar for over a year and haven’t had one single bill. We have a pool, central air and heat. Current Home is the best, hands down!

Carolyn

Current Home from start to finish was an excellent company, making sure all of mine and husband’s questions were answered throughly. They maintained professionalism from the sales rep to the crew who came out and installed our panels. I highly recommend Current Home if you’re looking to go solar.

Sergio Rivera

I’ve had my panels for about 15 months and I am still thrilled with Current Home. They were awesome going through the installation process, taking care of permits and scheduling every step of the process. I keep telling friends and relatives about them every time I hear someone considering solar panels. It has been worth every penny.

Chandramouli G.R

Daniel their sales rep has been great and has helped us in every step of the way in our whole solar install journey, overall very satisfied with the install and the power it has been generating.The issues that we faced if any have been taken care by the current home so far.

Leslie Rivera

We had a great experience. Great communication from start to finish. Any questions we had were answered right away. Will recommend to all our friends looking for solar.

Norman Aubry

Very friend and informative . Every expectation was met and in a timely ! If you don’t have solar don’t waste your time looking at other companies I did! Very happy customer!

Gina Zarelli

I received the information in the comfort of my house, this company have Excellent customer service, they keep me updated during the process. The panels were installed on time.

kori acosta

They were great at getting me the most "bang for my buck" . Tge staff was polite, the crew was clean and made sure to keep me informed of the progress as we moved through the installation

Pam Watts

Our solar panels were installed last year, we continue to be complete satisfied. During the initial prep work, the install, and follow up, Current Home has been communicative and professional. Our sales guy Wayne, his team and the customer service staff have always been friendly and upbeat. The one small repair needed was handled immediately.

Current Home

I am extremely happy since getting solar through Current Home. I haven't paid Edison since Jan 2023 and that was only $12.55 ! I got a check from Edison after 12 months for almost $500 for overage to my account. My summer electric bills used to run almost $600 a month and that was with a discount!!

Russell Carpenter

Everything was explained upfront. Project went smoothly and quickly from step to step. Was completed on schedule and all necessary paperwork was submitted quickly. System was approved and put into service and has preformed well.

Kelly Arnold

What a great bunch to work with they were very professional and did a great job from start to finish. Would recommend these guys 100 percent. Was just a great experience working through the whole experience. The solar panels look good and do what they are suppose to do.

Xiomara Caliendo

Current Home would definitely recommend, we are very pleased with solar panels system, with the savings , and the quality, as well of the Customer service excellency!

Corey Barlow

Knowledgeable staff and responsive. Able to help answer everything I had questions on, and competitive with other solar companies out there. Glad to work with their team.

Jillian Clarke

I like how they keep me up to date, I got what I was promised. Customer service excellent. My bill use to be around $240, to $300, and now it’s $30, or $40. Great Solar I’m saving a lot.

Kristopher Sharrott

We had a wonderful experience with Megan and Landon top-notch people fast communication very informative a pleasure to work with

Stephanie Ramirez

Awesome service and explanation during the process, definitely recommend!!

Chang Koh

I was skeptical of solar but current homes made me into a believer! 5 stars and strongly recommend.

Walt Snyder

Everyone from top to bottom has been amazing and helpful. Having solar has been awesome.

Shannon Cardillo

Excellent customer service. Ray, Justina, Mcalya have provided great customer service and very timely.

Shawn Larson

Professional. Timely. Quality work. Every representative of the company made a great impression.

Susie M

Excellent response time. Employees were all very professional. Job was left very neat.

Eric R

Flawless work I am very happy with this company I recommend them every chance I get

Lenore DeJesus

I loved that someone came out to my house to speak to me in person and answered all my questions and concerns.

Jacqueline Rodriguez

Excellent customer service and very efficient and reliable company.

Tyler Shelton

Wayne is very knowledgeable. Appreciate his service as well as his team.

Amber Kingsley (Speedster)

They were very professional and had great rates to buy the solar panels.

Onie Bass

Very friendly, very attentive, very helpful. Great company. Great service!

Joshua Morales

Quick and easy, great communication and excellent customer service

Leticia

Great Communication and professional support. Have referred others to Current!

dave schaefer

Very profesionaly handled every step of the way start too finish

Jose Maldonado

Current home have been an amazing company, their service has been exceptionally great.

Valerie Patin

They were very professional, helpful and responsive.

Marsha Felix

Very happy we made the decision to go with Current Home.