Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Glendale, California, Solar Optimum  is a Panasonic, REC, LG,,Enphase, Unirac dealer and certified Tesla Energy installer that provides solar energy, roofing and battery storage solutions for residential and commercial clients. Solar Optimum is a vertically integrated solar provider.

With over 115 megawatts of installed solar energy and numerous hybrid solar, roofing and storage projects under its belt, Solar Optimum brings more than 13 years of expertise and experience to each project.

Special Offer
Solar Optimum is currently offering
an Unmatched 25-Year Warranty on the Following:
  • Panels, Inverters, Racking, and Roof
  • Workmanship Warranty
  • Performance Guarantee
  • AllGuard Warranty (backed by Panasonic Solar)

Also, get a FREE combiner box and a 5-year internet data plan (valued at $1,000).

To redeem this offer, call NOW.

The company's goal in business is to offer energy peace of mind, ensure client satisfaction, and provide real customer value.

click to download free whitepaper about the solar tax credit

The company proudly offers a full bumper-to-bumper guarantee with a 25-year warranty on the panels, inverter, roof, racking, workmanship, and performance guarantee.

Solar Optimum currently serves the entire state of California.

The 26% Federal Solar Tax credit has been extended for 2 more years! Take advantage of the ITC today. For more information about the credit and how you can get the most out of it, click the image to the right to download our free white paper."

The Good

• High Quality Equipment and Monitoring
  • Exceptional Warranties
  • Several Flexible Payment Options
  • Premium EPC Company
  • Tesla Energy Certified Installer

High Quality Equipment and Monitoring

Solar Optimum offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market. As an elite and premium partner, the company installs only tier 1 panels manufactured by Panasonic, LG, and; inverters produced by Enphase; and mounting and racking from Unirac.

Additionally, the company delivers integrated, cell-based monitoring that's more reliable than WiFi to go along with its solar energy systems, which allows customers to see how much their system is generating.

Solar Optimum is also a GAF Master Elite Contractor for all residential roofing needs.

Exceptional Warranties

Solar Optimum provides customers with unmatched warranties to cover different components of their solar energy system. Our 25-year  warranties are as follows:

• 25-year panel warranty
  • 25-year inverter warranty
  • 25-year racking warranty
  • 25-year roof warranty
  • 25-year workmanship warranty
  • 25-year performance guarantee

Several Flexible Payment Options

Solar Optimum offers a variety of ways for customers to pay for their solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, and lease. With so many options available, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits well with their needs and budget.

Premium EPC Company

Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company, which means they will handle everything from A to Z: engineering, procurement, and construction. This is a good indication that customers will receive a high quality installation with Solar Optimum.

In fact, from its fleet of thousands of solar system installations over the last decade, Solar Optimum routinely engineers and produces systems that yield an average of 108 percent more productivity than is guaranteed by component manufacturers.

Tesla Energy Certified Installer

Solar Optimum offers the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 and is among a select group of nationwide solar energy providers chosen to be a Tesla Energy Certified Installer.

The Bad

State Availability

Currently, Solar Optimum only installs solar for residential and commercial businesses throughout the state of California.

The Bottom Line

Solar Optimum offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, lengthy warranties, and several payment options. Additionally, Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company and a Tesla Energy Certified Installer. If you live in the state of California, Solar Optimum is definitely worth considering.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Optimum below.

Solar Optimum Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Solar Optimum work?

The first important step is setting up a consultation with one of our Energy Consultants. For convenience during the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently offering phone and video consultations. It's vital that we understand the customer's energy goals and current (and future) electricity needs in order for us to create a customized solar system and provide a quote.

How much does a solar energy system cost from Solar Optimum?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer for this because the cost of the system depends on many variables like electrical usage, energy goals, product selection, utility company, etc.

What solar panels does Solar Optimum use in its installations?

Solar Optimum only installs tier-one, industry-leading panels, inverters, racking, battery storage, and solar products from the best in the industry that have the best warranty. This includes Panasonic, REC, LG Solar,, Enphase, Unirac, GAF and Tesla Energy to name a few.

How long will it take before the solar panels are installed?

In the best case scenario, a solar system can be installed and turned on in around 90 days. However, many variables are involved in getting the solar system installed and turned on. Delays in turning the system on may depend on the utility company. Some jurisdictions take longer than others.

Does Solar Optimum require a contract?

Do the solar panels work when there is a power outage?

Solar panels do not work if there is a power outage. The solution for this is the home battery back-up that we offer from Tesla Powerwall. If there is a power outage, energy is pulled from the battery.

4.9

Dan Hoey

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy comparable quote through Energy Sage, top rated installers and products, easy processing via email, great install, excellent production from panels.

N.F.

January 14th, 2021 Rancho Santa Margarita, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Researched solar companies for 1 year before deciding to go with Solar Optimum installation in the summer of 2018. Salesman (also an electrician) was knowledgeable as he was able to answer all of our questions. No issues with install and no leaks in the roof to date. All panels working. Company responds promptly to questions. Recommend Solar Optimum.

annick hamon

January 14th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had solar panels installed on my roof a few years ago. They were great, fast and efficient. The staff is very nice, competent and friendly. Now however, they are super slow for my 2d installation on my daughter's house. May be too much demand or Covid??? The liaison person at the customers'desk, Britnnay S is very nice and helpful

Steve Stoker

January 8th, 2021 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there was a way to rate this company with zero stars I would, as it is I can’t and feel that the one star is too generous for the experience. I will say that the solar panels are installed and operational but the experience to get to this point was the worst I have have had when hiring a contractor. The company uses inexperienced employees probably due to the wages they pay and I felt that the little I knowledge I have with solar was much greater than the people I was dealing with. And each step seemed to have a another new person to interact with. I started at the beginning of Nov and was up and running at the end of July. I will say that the COVID shutdowns with the city added to the time frame but the panels were installed before hand and the additional charge for the panel not going back to the original location that I contested kept holding up the work. They could not explain to me why they wanted more money for this even though the drawing that accompanied the quote showed it to the right of the original location. It was taking to long to hear back from them each time and I finally paid in protest to move the project along. Other than when they wanted money the communications were non existent. I always had to call to see when someone was coming to the house to work. After l made the final payment, I was told that a manager or the owner was going to call me, never heard from anyone. I guess they got their money and that was it. Just a bad experience

Jason F

January 8th, 2021 Temecula, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had Solar Optimum install our panels last year, and we've been really satisfied with what we got. We used energysage to search for a provider, and the quote we got from Solar Optimum was one of the best values for the quality of work that we got. The were a little difficult to get a hold of during the months that we waited for the installers to come, but once the date arrived, they did a fast and professional job. A year into our installation so far and we have no complaints.

Kuan

January 2nd, 2021 Milpitas, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone from start to finish was courteous and efficient.

Larry Schannault

December 24th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I became a Solar Optimum customer in November 2019. I had interviewed two other solar companies and found the Solar Optimum plan exceptional and what I was looking for. The plan and the implementation was perfect for my energy needs. My bills for electricity went to zero from an average of $325 and with the storage battery i was selling power to the grid. The service from day one was the best as I said. Everyone one I had reason to deal with has been attentive and responsive to my request. The whole experience was flawless.

Robert Moore

December 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very efficient and great customer service!

Wing Liang

December 21st, 2020 Half Moon Bay, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solar Optimum installed my solar panels quickly and efficiently. The communication from the team at Solar Optimum was always great. I even referred someone to Solar Optimum, and I got $500 under the referral program!

G.K.

December 18th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We completed our solar install with solar optimum during our house renovation and were very happy with the service. Before contacting Solar Optimum, I contacted a different installer who felt like the install would be too difficult. Solar optimum had no problems at all. They were completely professional and helped walk me through the entire process. Would highly recommend.

Albert Hirsch

December 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Keith Spence

December 7th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did excellent work and placement of the solar panels. They required more time than predicted. too, it was difficult to determine, when calling the company, to whom I should be asking my question. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in a solar electric system.

Greg Kirkelie

November 28th, 2020 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Prior to engaging Solar Optimum, I did comprehensive research on solar installers and systems. I contacted 6 solar companies based on reviews of customers and their ratings by industry observers. Based on many factors, including but not necessarily limited to competitive pricing, ease of communicating with staff, product offered, willingness to accommodate special needs, contact with past customers and, particularly important to me as I was about to embark on a major investment in a large system, the assurance that the salesperson would continue to be my main contact person throughout the process from contract negotiation to issuance of the final PTO (permission to operate the system by the utility agency ) after installation of the complete system, it was a "no brainer" that Solar Optimum clearly was the right choice. But the person who made it extra special and was the determinative factor in my final decision to go with Solar Optimum was Joe H. I am an inquisitive perfectionist, so my inquiries can be a little overbearing at times. But Joe patiently addressed each of my inquiries politely and comprehensively, offering his honest opinion even when many salespersons would be less than candid on some of my questions/issues. At the outset, Joe assured me he would remain as my primary contact person throughout the process and address any issues that I might encounter with faithful attention to my best interests. He did just that throughout the entire process -- he is a rare breed of salesperson. Furthermore, based on my contacts with other Solar Optimum staff during the process I felt they were very professional and especially attentive to maintaining good customer relations. Thank you Solar Optimum! I strongly recommend Solar Optimum and salespersons like Joe H.

Jason

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good attention to detail, very responsive, adapted to challenges in the job well.

Barbara Wojtach

November 20th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solar Optimum is a great company. I looked at several companies before choosing Solar optimum. They by far had the best price, financing and warranty. Although I live in San Diego and they are based in LA, I have never had any issues getting service. I would highly recommend this company.

Steve Palladino

November 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was clear, timely, and well supported. The installation went off without a hitch.

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you for your review, Steve. Welcome to the Solar Optimum family!

Victoria

November 1st, 2020 San Bruno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solar Optimum and their entire team was as close to perfect as a company can get. The entire process was so unbelievably easy - they took care of everything! Permits, applications, rebates, financing, installation, using the best #1 solar panels/inverters/batteries in the industry right now and with an unbeatable warranty (I had two other estimates done before going with this company - Solar Optimum just couldn't be beat on price, service and warranty). Best of all, they were ALL so genuinely nice, professional, PATIENT, responsive, helpful and attentive to our specific needs (admittedly, I am a tough client). One of our neighbors went with a highly rated national company and had endless complaints - couldn't get the service and help he needed, ever. Another one of our neighbors tried going directly through Tesla for solar, etc. and Tesla rejected their job because their roof made it too difficult to install panels. So I referred them to Solar Optimum and they are on their way to having their solar installed! Thank you Solar Optimum!!!

Nov 11, 2020

Many thanks, Victoria. We're thankful for your business and your referral. Have a great holiday.

John Wang

October 28th, 2020 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I researched among 3 solar installers and Solar Optimium was one of them. Their prices weren't the cheapest, but I believe in you get what you pay for, especially for a project of this caliber of my home. I felt their service and product selection are the best in the industry. From the initial appointment to obtaining Permission to Operate from my utility company took about 4 weeks. Everything was on point and the actual installation finished in 2 days for 20 panels x 330 watts/panel. I also opted to have the Level 2 outlet installed for EV vehicle so I can include this in the 26% Federal Tax Credit. I would definitely recommend them to family and friends!

Diana Sabin

October 23rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the moment we reached out to Solar Optimum (based on good reviews), we were very pleased. We were able to schedule an appointment for them to come and go over things with us very quickly. Everything proceeded efficiently and we were clear about what the process would entail. There was absolutely no cheesy, hard-selling, annoying sales tactics that we experienced with other companies. The pricing was also so much better than the other gross companies we had talked to. There is a lot of scamming out there with solar companies, so we were very happy to have found one that was as reliable and professional as Solar Optimum has been. Every step of the process was handled professionally and with great customer service. They walked us through everything in detail. We felt we could trust them 100% and that's huge. They told us we couldn't put in as many panels as we wanted because of shade issues - which was not the case with other companies. We needed to make some adjustments to our roofing and they helped us find an amazing roofing company that handled their work perfectly. We have been very pleased with the reports that are sent every month, and the app that is available to monitor production. Overall, we are really happy we went with this amazing company.

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you, Diana. You are right. There are many solar companies out there and some don't take care of their customers the way that they should. We appreciate you and thank you for choosing Solar Optimum.

Don Maurer

October 23rd, 2020 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall very satisfied with Solar Optimum's professionalism, responsive customer service, and competitive price for the superior quality, performance and warranty of the solar system installed here.

Nov 11, 2020

Right back at you, Don. You're a 5 star customer!

Palomino_e

October 1st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went as planned . Communication throughout the entire job was great.

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you for your review!

Alfonso Alejo

October 1st, 2020 Sylmar, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its never too late to write an excellent review about Solar Optimum. We have our solar panels installed over 4 years ago and they never failed to give us excellent and professional and reliable service. From top management down to the technicians, engineers and driver one can expect nothing but consistent efficiency. We have been recommending them to family, friends and business clients. They are just one call away or email and you get direct service!

Nov 11, 2020

Absolutely, its never too late! Thank you for the review, Alfonso and we're happy that you chose us for your solar project.

Al E

September 27th, 2020 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience with Solar Optimum was excellent. All of the people we worked with were knowledgeable, professional, polite and friendly. I would not hesitate to work with them again.

Nov 11, 2020

Our experience is what makes us unique among many solar companies. We appreciate you and your review, Al.

Gilbert Ghayvandian

September 25th, 2020 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best solar company they are very professional and they doing very fast and good customer service also high quality solar panels (Panasonic)

Boris P

September 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service, one day installation, high quality work, good price

Karine Manukyan

September 24th, 2020 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service and pricing! smooth and seamless installation process.

Peter Calcott

September 21st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose Solar Optimum because of recommendations, reviews and favorable bids. This set me on a path to use SO. They delivered a fully functional system during Covid times with its challenges and the post sale service toa ddress and answer issues or questions I had. Staff returned calls and emails promptly both during and after installation. Excellent service and a fabulous system installed

Caroline Peters

September 18th, 2020 Corona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After shopping and comparing solar system with other competing solar companies, Solar Optimum was our best choice. We have no regrets getting the solar system from Solar Optimum. The customer services were great.The sales Rep was very good, and answered questions patiently. He explained to us how the solar works what to expect and actions to take if we encounter any problem. Also, we were concerned about possible leakage or damage to the roof after the solar panel installation. But no leakage so far even after the rains. I will surely recommend Solar Optimum to my friends.

Roosevelt D.

September 15th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solar Optimum has been outstanding! Before Solar Optimum, my electric bill ran from $300-$600 per month. Since Solar Optimum, my highest electric bill was one time $30.00, but since that one time, it has never exceeded $15.00 per month, and I have 2 large refrigerators and air conditioning units for upstairs and downstairs in my home. I am very pleased with Solar Optimum. I highly recommend using them.

Olivia

September 10th, 2020 Burbank, CA

We been Solar optimum costumers for 8 years. We're really impressed with the professionalism, overall customer service and quality of my solar system. I highly recommend them to my family and friends.

Raymond Turner

September 8th, 2020 Pacoima, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very informative and upfront on everything before starting. Even when COVID-19 lock downs hit, they kept be updated and kept the project moving. Ryan R was awesome! Anything I needed he was able to help!

Matthew & Jericka Mayeda

September 3rd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really impressed with the professionalism, overall customer service and quality of my solar system. I went with solar optimum because of all these plus a great warranty.

Joe C.

September 2nd, 2020 Camarillo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Actually this review was from an install that happened in January. Professional, came fast, good communication. They did break a few of the roof tiles but replaced them. Overall good job.

Sarah Gerardo

September 2nd, 2020 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience with Solar Optimum has been great! After buying my dream home which is a small farm, my husband went in search of solar. After installing a new roof, we had 3 companies come out. All 3 were pushy, expensive, not flexible, wanted to force us to lease and only had Chinese made panels. We found Solar Optimum through a friend. They came out and gave us multiple options of product and service! In one day an entire system for a 1/2 acre was installed and running. We own everything, NO payments or lease! Panels have 50yr warranty, Canadian made of vinyl. The system connects through the internet but we are upgrading that to cell tower connection for more reliability. Now I want to add more panels and back up generator. Solar Optimum is here, qualified, and knowledgeable to make all that I need a reality. I would never recommend another Solar company, this one is the real deal!!!

MARILYN BURKLE

September 1st, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

performed on time and their pricing was better than the other companies that I interviewed

Harold G

September 1st, 2020 Oak Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great communication. Every person we dealt with was very professional.

Sen L

August 28th, 2020 Tracy, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s been about six months since we had solar panels installed by Solar Optimum. We have been very happy with the system. No longer do we need to worry about an expensive electricity bill, while allowing our AC to be on as the intense heat waves rage on. If you’re considering going solar, I strongly recommend calling Solar Optimum. Their pricing was the most competitive, and their sales specialists were friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable, providing detailed answers to all the questions I had about the benefits and money-saving. The installation took only two days, and the warranty is for 25 years! We really like the simple App that continuously monitors the energy production.

Madhura Dhayagude

August 24th, 2020 Corona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Prompt service, good workmanship, reliable

Alex

August 24th, 2020 Northridge, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great price on system. Excellent follow up from start of process all the way after installation. Installers were very good and made sure to check in with me throughout the install to make sure I was given options on instal methods. They really surpassed my expectations all around.

Loren

August 24th, 2020 Arroyo Grande, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solar Optimum was responsive, knowledgeable, and professional. They handled everything, even the inevitable bumps, from the design to the approvals to the install and inspection. Solar Optimum really made it easy.

Wayne Dickens

August 24th, 2020 Yucca Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were easy to work with and delivered on time as promised. The installers were friendly, clean and efficient.

Bob Fiddaman

August 24th, 2020 Napa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality service, excellent recommendation from Energysage.

Paul R

August 20th, 2020 La Puente, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I researched many solar companies before finding Solar Optimum, beginning with the sales rep to installation and post installation. This company goes over and beyond expectations always very friendly and professional. They care about their customers, before, during and after installation. I would recommend this company to family and friends..

Bill Martin

August 20th, 2020 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last year Solar Optimum installed our solar system and we are extremely happy! Our sales person Ivan and the installers were very professional and we couldn't be happier. Highly recommend Solar Optimum.

Eva Morid

August 17th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional staff and great service! No complaints

Carrie

August 17th, 2020 Covina, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The representatives that we came in contact with starting with the very first phone call I made to the company for information on their system, the Administrative staff, the Technicians, the Electrician, Project Manager, and Accounting. Everyone was courteous, professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and executed customer service. We are pleased with The service this company provided from start to finish and I received my first month billing from SCE in the amount of $9.59. Good job SolarOptimum and keep up the good work. Sincerely a Satisfied Customer.

Dee

August 17th, 2020 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Even with COVID they were able to complete the work in under 90 days. They stayed in touch and were easy to reach when I had questions.

Raoul Figueroa

August 17th, 2020 Lomita, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Staff is very knowledgeable, capable, and friendly

Eric B

August 13th, 2020 San Fernando, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer with Solar Optimum for almost 5 years now. They did a great job installing my solar panels and have provided excellent customer service whenever I need to follow up with them.

Aug 14, 2020

Hi Eric, thank you for being a loyal customer for the last 5 years. We appreciate your business and long time commitment with us. Hope to continue to serve you for another 20+ years.

ron lieberman

August 12th, 2020 Tujunga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had my solar system installed by solar optimum about 4 years ago. They were very efficient, the installation was seamless and the system is still working great without any problems ever. I highly recommend this company