Solar Optimum

8.4

Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Glendale, California, Solar Optimum  is a Panasonic, REC, Enphase, Unirac dealer, and certified Tesla Energy installer that provides solar energy, roofing, and battery storage solutions for residential and commercial clients. Solar Optimum is a vertically integrated solar provider and was named Panasonic National Solar Installer of the Year in 2020.

With over 115 megawatts of installed solar energy and numerous hybrid solar, roofing and storage projects under its belt, Solar Optimum brings more than 13 years of expertise and experience to each project.

Special Offer
Solar Optimum is currently offering
an Unmatched 25-Year Warranty on the Following:
  • Panels, Inverters, Racking, and Roof
  • Workmanship Warranty
  • Performance Guarantee
  • AllGuard Warranty (backed by Panasonic Solar)

Also, get a FREE combiner box and a 5-year internet data plan (valued at $1,000).

To redeem this offer, call NOW.

The company's goal in business is to offer energy peace of mind, ensure client satisfaction, and provide real customer value.

click to download free whitepaper about the solar tax credit

The company proudly offers a full bumper-to-bumper guarantee with a 25-year warranty on the panels, inverter, roof, racking, workmanship, and performance guarantee.

Solar Optimum currently serves the entire state of California.

The 26% Federal Solar Tax credit has been extended for 2 more years! Take advantage of the ITC today. For more information about the credit and how you can get the most out of it, click the image to the right to download our free white paper."

The Good

• High Quality Equipment and Monitoring
  • Exceptional Warranties
  • Several Flexible Payment Options
  • Premium EPC Company
  • Tesla Energy Certified Installer

High Quality Equipment and Monitoring

Solar Optimum offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market. As an elite and premium partner, the company installs only tier 1 panels manufactured by Panasonic; inverters produced by Enphase; and mounting and racking from Unirac.

Additionally, the company delivers integrated, cell-based monitoring that's more reliable than WiFi to go along with its solar energy systems, which allows customers to see how much their system is generating.

Solar Optimum is also a GAF Master Elite Contractor for all residential roofing needs.

Exceptional Warranties

Solar Optimum provides customers with unmatched warranties to cover different components of their solar energy system. Our 25-year warranties are as follows:

• 25-year panel warranty
  • 25-year inverter warranty
  • 25-year racking warranty
  • 25-year roof warranty
  • 25-year workmanship warranty
  • 25-year performance guarantee

Several Flexible Payment Options

Solar Optimum offers a variety of ways for customers to pay for their solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, and lease. With so many options available, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits well with their needs and budget.

Premium EPC Company

Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company, which means they will handle everything from A to Z: engineering, procurement, and construction. This is a good indication that customers will receive a high quality installation with Solar Optimum.

In fact, from its fleet of thousands of solar system installations over the last decade, Solar Optimum routinely engineers and produces systems that yield an average of 108 percent more productivity than is guaranteed by component manufacturers.

Tesla Energy Certified Installer

Solar Optimum offers the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 and is among a select group of nationwide solar energy providers chosen to be a Tesla Energy Certified Installer.

The Bad

State Availability

Currently, Solar Optimum only installs solar for residential and commercial businesses throughout the state of California.

The Bottom Line

Solar Optimum offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, lengthy warranties, and several payment options. Additionally, Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company and a Tesla Energy Certified Installer. If you live in the state of California, Solar Optimum is definitely worth considering.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Optimum below.

not_listed_location

Solar Optimum Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Solar Optimum work?

The first important step is setting up a consultation with one of our Energy Consultants. For convenience during the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently offering phone and video consultations. It's vital that we understand the customer's energy goals and current (and future) electricity needs in order for us to create a customized solar system and provide a quote.

How much does a solar energy system cost from Solar Optimum?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer for this because the cost of the system depends on many variables like electrical usage, energy goals, product selection, utility company, etc.

What solar panels does Solar Optimum use in its installations?

Solar Optimum only installs tier-one, industry-leading panels, inverters, racking, battery storage, and solar products from the best in the industry that have the best warranty. This includes Panasonic, REC, LG Solar,, Enphase, Unirac, GAF and Tesla Energy to name a few.

How long will it take before the solar panels are installed?

In the best case scenario, a solar system can be installed and turned on in around 90 days. However, many variables are involved in getting the solar system installed and turned on. Delays in turning the system on may depend on the utility company. Some jurisdictions take longer than others.

Does Solar Optimum require a contract?

Do the solar panels work when there is a power outage?

Solar panels do not work if there is a power outage. The solution for this is the home battery back-up that we offer from Tesla Powerwall. If there is a power outage, energy is pulled from the battery.

Message from
Solar Optimum

Solar Optimum is an industry leader in solar energy, battery storage, and roofing solutions for the residential and commercial markets. We leverage the best and most reliable solutions — providing the greatest value to our clients. With over 115 MWs of solar and numerous hybrid solar + storage projects already installed, we bring unparalleled expertise and industry experience to each project. Our goal in business is to provide energy peace of mind, ensure client satisfaction, and provide real value. We provide services throughout the entire state of California for homeowners and businesses. Solar Optimum Inc. is in the business of contributing to global change by providing environmentally friendly, alternative, independent, affordable, and efficient energy to our clients.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.9

bookmark

Featured Review

Xavier Castellanos ,

So, it started with an excellent information session. SOLAR OPTIMUM gave me options and help me Taylor a plan that will meet the needs of my family and I. We are very happy with the results and we have been paid a an electric bill since!

Reply from Solar Optimum

Awesome, say goodbye to electric bill payments! We are so excited to hear that your system is producing great results. Thank you for selecting Solar Optimum as your installer, Xavier.

Mar. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Rob Motal Pleasanton, CA

Solar Optimum made purchasing a solar system an absolute pleasure. First their salesman was patient, courteous and very knowledgeable. Price was better than offered by others. They offered panels (Panasonic) as good as any other and which has a factory in the US. We needed it installed before the end of year to get the favorable tax credit and they were the only company who were sure they could. There installers were skilled and efficient. We discussed options on location of the electrical boxes and where the lines would be run. They worked into the late hours on the final day to finish the job before the expected rains the following day. There were minor issues which they promptly corrected. Our system is up and running smoothly. This contrasts strongly with some of our friends' experiences who also had solar installed during the same time. One installer failed to secure permits which resulted in delayed startup and savings. Another had issues with installation on a tile roof and had some aesthetically displeasing features. And their systems cost more and produced less.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Can't thank you enough for your business and choosing us!

Ahmed Alrawi Los Angeles, CA

Used them in 2019 to install our solar system. Very professional and highly recommended. Will certainly use them again to add more panels this year

joshua pollard Los Angeles, CA

Very happy with my solar insulation, 14 panels plus power upgrade

Scott Hornyak

Worked with Ivan on getting our solar installed after interviewing a number of companies. The process was clear and simple and everything went as planned.

Dale Johnson Sun City, CA

Everyone was pleasant and professional and they were fast and efficient

Andrew Dinh Tustin, CA

Solar optimum has been very responsive and customer service has been great. They were very efficient with their proposals and install. When we had an issue with turning on the micro inverters, they made it a priority to get the system up and running

A Monrovia, CA

I had a great experience, they offer great customer service with a great price and warranties.

Albert Oh Los Angeles, CA

I was referred to Solar Optimum by a friend and I'm so glad I chose them. Great product. Top tier products and fantastic service. Definitely referring my friends and family to this company.

Tom Presler Modesto, CA

Solar Optimum has been a 5 Star Experience in all categories from start to finish. What I'd like to write about specifically though is to recognize Solar Optimum's level of Customer Service and "Service After the Sale," so to speak. I DID have a couple of minor issues after activation, but Solar Optimum fixed everything in Lightning Speed. I literally called once in the late afternoon, and had someone at my door who resolved everything early the next morning. Nothing less than Stellar! Solar is a major and worthy investment, and every step of the way, I couldn't ask for a better experience. Everyone I've ever dealt with at Solar Optimum has been A+ and I'm VERY happy with our system. I don't know how they could be Better.

Stewart Roud Van Nuys, CA

I can't say enough good things about Solar Optimum. I had a (6.5kW) Panasonic system installed on my home in the beginning of the year, and it is producing perfectly. I wanted to wait a couple of months before writing my review, but I can now confidently say that Solar Optimum is a great choice if you are looking to go solar. Everyone is professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The installers were efficient and quick, and I haven't had a single problem. I can't wait for summer to come so I can start seeing even bigger savings on my electricity bill! Highly recommend Solar Optimum!

Mark Sutton Irvine, CA

They were professional, honest and have the best product. We have not had an electric bill since installation. SDG&E owes us money. No problems at all with the system since installation 2 years ago. Also their 25 year warranty is awesome. They have been around along time and should continue to be. They are not a fly by night outfit where their warranty means nothing. They get 5 stars.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for the stellar review, Mark!

Craig Los Angeles, CA

Your rep was solid. Knowledgable, personable and always attentive. Company was flexible with needs of the site, on time and got it done right. Price was competitive. I'll gladly recommend.

Much appreciated, Craig!

tiger22lily North Hollywood, CA

Great quality install, friendly staff and very informative to beginners! They were able to work with me on what I wanted and how I wanted it installed considering my home circumstances.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for choosing Solar Optimum for your solar project!

Jossy Cortez ,

Super happy that we decided to go with solar optimum as our solar installers. Their splendid customer service and warranties were exactly what we were looking for.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Hi Jossy, happy you chose to go solar. Here at Solar Optimum, we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and the top warranties in the industry. Glad you're happy!

Mar. 15th, 2021

Talin Tenley Studio City, CA

This company has super knowledgeable employees! From the intake people to the installation guys - everyone was amazing. Fair prices, great work and fantastic customer service

Reply from Solar Optimum

We appreciate your 5-star review on us, Talin!

Joel Fritsche Studio City, CA

Initially it was the products they provided and willingness to deal w my installation challenge. Now, they always help me, answer my questions, help me fight the city of LA etc

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for your review, Joel!

Christopher Lu Oxnard, CA

Great communication from the sales team to the scheduler to the installer and the follow up after the installation.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Hi Christopher, happy to hear you had a great experience from the start of our sales team to installation. We appreciate your choosing Solar Optimum!

Mar. 10th, 2021

Greg Monrovia, CA

Excellent customer service, installation and follow up.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for the kind 5-STAR review, Greg!

Mar. 10th, 2021

RRF in Anaheim Hils Anaheim, CA

Due to my relatively high electrical power consumption and a chopped up roof that limited the space for optimal placement of the # of solar panels I needed to offset that high consumption, it was a challenge to find the right high-efficiency products and panel design to accomplish my solar panel objectives. I obtained quotes from (3) highly rated companies, but it was clear from the start that Solar Optimum was the one company that cared as much about my needs as they did earning the business. They were straightforward with me the entire way, and they offered the best product at the best price - without playing games. Last but by no means least, the installation crew was first class, and the system has delivered all of the energy promised. If the system would allow me to give 6 stars on a 5 star scale, I would do it.

Reply from Solar Optimum

We'd love a 6-star review but we'll take the max 5 star!

Rogelio M. Mission Hills, CA

Absolutely no pressure sales guys. Every step was explained to me and they were willing to work with my schedule and my reasonable terms. Install happened quickly and clean. I get answers every time I call them up, everyone from the person picking up the phone to the tech support guys are patient and professional. Install guys were professional and friendly. Price wise they were not the cheapest nor the most expensive ones so I think i got a fair deal based on my needs. I do recommend you do your homework and get several bids so you can compare and make the decision based on your needs, if you are going to finance the purchase do your homework, there was a little bit of confusion on the terms of the loan based on some misunderstanding from my rep but I don't hold it against him, since it was just a technicality. Would recommend.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Rogelio, your review is much appreciated and congrats on going solar!

John Bicking Laguna Niguel, CA

Out Engineered and performed all other competitors reviewed during the selection process and contractor vetting. Delivered an on-time, complete project as proposed and promised. Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking into or ready to go into a Solar project.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for choosing us, Mr. Bicking!

anne g Oakland, CA

They were professional and knowledgeable. Showed up on time and completed the job in a timely manner. The price was very competitive which was also great😊

Reply from Solar Optimum

Many thanks, Anne! Appreciate this review!

HGordon Thousand Oaks, CA

Very professional. Their communication was great throughout the processes. The technicians that came out to assess our situation prior to installation and the installers were very professional and courteous.

Reply from Solar Optimum

We pride ourselves in A+ communication every chance we get. Thank you for the review.

Rene L Rodriguez Antioch, CA

Installed system in a timely manner, friendly and answered any question I had.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Glad to hear you enjoyed working with us, Rene. Feeling is definitely mutual!

Ryan Carlsbad, CA

We got PV panels and a Tesla PowerWall. They made sure everything was installed to our satisfaction and set up our Tesla app and made sure it was functioning properly.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Appreciate the review, Ryan!

Veej ,

Quick turnaround Highly competitive Job well done

Thank you!

Karen ,

We loved Solar Optimum! They were wonderful from the beginning of our quote to the installation that was quick and well done! We have called for information about the process and the response was quick and well informed. The panels, our new electrical panel and all the work done on our home was an example of perfect workmanship and our new solar install was the BEST!

Sunny Cheung La Verne, CA

I am so glad to pick Solar Optimum as my solar system installer among many other companies. I read every reviews for all installers who provide me a quote. Solar Optimum not only has the best review, they quote me a system with a best price with the right equipment compare to other installers. They also guide me through the whole process from start to finish. They answered all my questions and concerns. Their business model and project execution is just so smooth. Their staffs are friendly to work with. I am strongly recommending Solar Optimum as your solar system installer.

jbrinsfi Thousand Oaks, CA

Solar Optimum has been one of the best contractors I have ever worked with. When there are so many contractors out there who promise quality workmanship but deliver something quite different, Solar Optimum delivered absolutely top quality work. I have been impressed with the entire experience of design, installation and support post PTO. Out generation and storage system is working beautifully. I would recommend this company to anyone.

claire baxter Chevy Chase, MD

After getting several solar bids I was most impressed with Solar Optimum. They were the most "non sales" types. They were the most competitive in price and quality. If you compare apples to apples and make a very detailed spread sheet like I did along with my next door neighbor we determined Solar Optimum to be hands down the best in terms of quality, performance, warranty and price. We have had it for over a year now and paid 0 for electricity. We didn't over pay for more panels than we needed either. Some solar companies wanted us to have 100-120% of the current electricity offsetting our electric bill but I went with 75% and I am making more electricity than we need. Don't be fooled by all the others out there. There was no charge for the roof inspection, design and HOA approval. It all went very smoothly, quickly and effortlessly.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Hi Claire, we sincerely are grateful for your choice to go solar with us here at Solar Optimum. Our solar experts are really doing their part to provide accurate proposals for every home. We are so happy to hear you are paying zero out of pocket for electricity!

Feb. 17th, 2021

Paul Cynthia Smith Lakewood, CA

I interviewed several Solar companies before accepting offer from Solar Optimum. I am so glad I did. Starting from Receptionist Ashley, Arturs, Natalee, Elias, Charles and Ally at Salal Credit Union. The process was SEAMLESS. The only nicks were when I decided I wanted add and an EV outlet. What did they do? They adjusted everything to fit my desire because they acknowledged I am the customer and what I wanted was important to me. No one was pushy or overbearing during the process. The teams that came to my home and perform their jobs were professional and assertive about their craft including installing the EV. We ALL should be mindful if we purchase vehicles in the near future they will be electric. I am not ready to purchase as of yet but next vehicle will be electric. I am ready. Prior to my venture with Solar Optimum I had heard some horror stories about Solar companies botching roofs , rain comes and homes flooded, poor customer service where no one knows ANYTHING!! Again, as of today this has been the BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD WITH A HOME UPGRADE. THANK YOU SOLOR OPTIMUM.

Belinda Rossi ,

After several months of Solar research, we are extremely happy and satisfied we choose Solar Optimum for our solar. Incredible service, great pricing, and super fast installation. Solar Optimum does not use high pressure sales tactics. Instead, the Sales Rep takes the time to answer all your questions and explain pros and cons to the different types of panels, how many panels work and will help you figure out how many solar panels you will need to install based on your current and future needs. Solar Optimum's customer service is excellent. Anytime you call Solar Optimum you actually speak to a live-voice (person) on the other end. The response time to answering your questions by phone, email and text is exceptional. Solar Optimum also follows through on your questions until they are answered and have addressed any concerns. Solar Optimum handled the entire solar installation from beginning to end. Solar Optimum coordinated: the Engineer design specs of our solar panels, the Roofer to inspect our roof prior to panel installation, the Solar panel installers, the Electrician for our system, pulling permits from the City, and handling the coordination with your HOA Property Management Team, the City Inspector, and the Electric & Power Company to get your solar panels installed and up and running off-the-grid. We recommend Solar Optimum for your solar needs!

Fernan Carandang Oakland, CA

I started looking for solar company mid September 2020, called several companies. Price wise, Solar Optimum is very competitive and their products and warranty is very good so I decided to go with them. Signed contract in October and had site inspection and final design of the project a week or so after but took a little longer from the city to released the permit due to covid 19 situation. But after we got the permit, they scheduled the installation date which only took the installer under 7 hours to install everything. The installer team led by Rabih H***** was very efficient, respectful and know exactly what they are doing. Passed the city inspection and got my permission to operate few days after. Big kudos to Ben C**** and William P***** of the sales department , to the whole design and engineering team and to their installer and the whole team and staff who always answered my questions every time I call. I hope they will continue to be efficient in the years to come. I will definitely recommend Solar Optimum to my family and friends interested in having solar panel.

N.F. Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Researched solar companies for 1 year before deciding to go with Solar Optimum installation in the summer of 2018. Salesman (also an electrician) was knowledgeable as he was able to answer all of our questions. No issues with install and no leaks in the roof to date. All panels working. Company responds promptly to questions. Recommend Solar Optimum.

annick hamon ,

I had solar panels installed on my roof a few years ago. They were great, fast and efficient. The staff is very nice, competent and friendly. Now however, they are super slow for my 2d installation on my daughter's house. May be too much demand or Covid??? The liaison person at the customers'desk, Britnnay S is very nice and helpful

Steve Stoker Oakland, CA

If there was a way to rate this company with zero stars I would, as it is I can’t and feel that the one star is too generous for the experience. I will say that the solar panels are installed and operational but the experience to get to this point was the worst I have have had when hiring a contractor. The company uses inexperienced employees probably due to the wages they pay and I felt that the little I knowledge I have with solar was much greater than the people I was dealing with. And each step seemed to have a another new person to interact with. I started at the beginning of Nov and was up and running at the end of July. I will say that the COVID shutdowns with the city added to the time frame but the panels were installed before hand and the additional charge for the panel not going back to the original location that I contested kept holding up the work. They could not explain to me why they wanted more money for this even though the drawing that accompanied the quote showed it to the right of the original location. It was taking to long to hear back from them each time and I finally paid in protest to move the project along. Other than when they wanted money the communications were non existent. I always had to call to see when someone was coming to the house to work. After l made the final payment, I was told that a manager or the owner was going to call me, never heard from anyone. I guess they got their money and that was it. Just a bad experience

Jason F Temecula, CA

We had Solar Optimum install our panels last year, and we've been really satisfied with what we got. We used energysage to search for a provider, and the quote we got from Solar Optimum was one of the best values for the quality of work that we got. The were a little difficult to get a hold of during the months that we waited for the installers to come, but once the date arrived, they did a fast and professional job. A year into our installation so far and we have no complaints.

Kuan Milpitas, CA

Everyone from start to finish was courteous and efficient.

Larry Schannault ,

I became a Solar Optimum customer in November 2019. I had interviewed two other solar companies and found the Solar Optimum plan exceptional and what I was looking for. The plan and the implementation was perfect for my energy needs. My bills for electricity went to zero from an average of $325 and with the storage battery i was selling power to the grid. The service from day one was the best as I said. Everyone one I had reason to deal with has been attentive and responsive to my request. The whole experience was flawless.

Robert Moore

They were very efficient and great customer service!

Wing Liang Half Moon Bay, CA

Solar Optimum installed my solar panels quickly and efficiently. The communication from the team at Solar Optimum was always great. I even referred someone to Solar Optimum, and I got $500 under the referral program!

G.K. Los Angeles, CA

We completed our solar install with solar optimum during our house renovation and were very happy with the service. Before contacting Solar Optimum, I contacted a different installer who felt like the install would be too difficult. Solar optimum had no problems at all. They were completely professional and helped walk me through the entire process. Would highly recommend.

Albert Hirsch

Keith Spence

They did excellent work and placement of the solar panels. They required more time than predicted. too, it was difficult to determine, when calling the company, to whom I should be asking my question. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in a solar electric system.

Dan Hoey

Easy comparable quote through Energy Sage, top rated installers and products, easy processing via email, great install, excellent production from panels.

Greg Kirkelie Chatsworth, CA

Prior to engaging Solar Optimum, I did comprehensive research on solar installers and systems. I contacted 6 solar companies based on reviews of customers and their ratings by industry observers. Based on many factors, including but not necessarily limited to competitive pricing, ease of communicating with staff, product offered, willingness to accommodate special needs, contact with past customers and, particularly important to me as I was about to embark on a major investment in a large system, the assurance that the salesperson would continue to be my main contact person throughout the process from contract negotiation to issuance of the final PTO (permission to operate the system by the utility agency ) after installation of the complete system, it was a "no brainer" that Solar Optimum clearly was the right choice. But the person who made it extra special and was the determinative factor in my final decision to go with Solar Optimum was Joe H. I am an inquisitive perfectionist, so my inquiries can be a little overbearing at times. But Joe patiently addressed each of my inquiries politely and comprehensively, offering his honest opinion even when many salespersons would be less than candid on some of my questions/issues. At the outset, Joe assured me he would remain as my primary contact person throughout the process and address any issues that I might encounter with faithful attention to my best interests. He did just that throughout the entire process -- he is a rare breed of salesperson. Furthermore, based on my contacts with other Solar Optimum staff during the process I felt they were very professional and especially attentive to maintaining good customer relations. Thank you Solar Optimum! I strongly recommend Solar Optimum and salespersons like Joe H.

Jason

Good attention to detail, very responsive, adapted to challenges in the job well.

Barbara Wojtach San Diego, CA

Solar Optimum is a great company. I looked at several companies before choosing Solar optimum. They by far had the best price, financing and warranty. Although I live in San Diego and they are based in LA, I have never had any issues getting service. I would highly recommend this company.

Steve Palladino

The process was clear, timely, and well supported. The installation went off without a hitch.

Reply from Solar Optimum

Thank you for your review, Steve. Welcome to the Solar Optimum family!

Nov. 11th, 2020