Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Glendale, California, Solar Optimum is an authorized Panasonic, LG, Hanwha Q-Cell, and Enphase dealer and certified Tesla Energy installer that provides solar energy and battery storage solutions for both residential and commercial clients.

With over 100 megawatts of installed solar energy and numerous hybrid solar and storage projects under its belt, Solar Optimum brings expertise and experience to each project. The company's goal in business is to offer energy peace of mind, ensure client satisfaction, and provide real customer value.

click to download free whitepaper about the solar tax credit

The company proudly offers a full bumper-to-bumper guarantee with a 25-year warranty on the panels, inverter, roof, racking, workmanship, and production.

Solar Optimum serves the entire state of California with plans to expand into other western states.

2019 is the final year to take full advantage of the 30 percent solar tax credit! For more information about the credit and how you can get the most out of it, click the image to the right to download our free white paper.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment and Monitoring
  • Exceptional Warranties
  • Several Flexible Payment Options
  • Premium EPC Company
  • Tesla Energy Certified Installer

High Quality Equipment and Monitoring

Solar Optimum offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market. As an elite and premium partner, the company installs panels manufactured by Panasonic, LG, and Hanwha Q-Cells; inverters produced by Enphase; and mounting and racking from Unirac.

Additionally, the company delivers integrated, cell-based monitoring that's more reliable than WiFi to go along with its solar energy systems, which allows customers to see how much their system is generating.

Exceptional Warranties

Solar Optimum provides customers with a number of warranties to cover different components of their solar energy system. Available warranties are as follows:

• 25-year performance guarantee
  • 25-year panel warranty
  • 25-year inverter warranty
  • 25-year roof warranty
  • 25-year workmanship warranty
  • 25-year racking and mounting warranty

Several Flexible Payment Options

Solar Optimum offers a variety of ways for customers to pay for their solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, and lease. With so many options available, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits well with their needs and budget.

Premium EPC Company

Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company, which means that it has been deemed to handle everything from A to Z: engineering, procurement, and construction. This is a good indication that customers will receive a high quality installation with Solar Optimum.

In fact, from its fleet of thousands of solar system installations over the last decade, Solar Optimum routinely engineers and produces systems that yield an average of 109 percent more productivity than is guaranteed by component manufacturers.

Tesla Energy Certified Installer

Solar Optimum offers the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 and is among a select group of nationwide solar energy providers chosen to be a Tesla Energy Certified Installer.

The Bad

State Availability

Currently, Solar Optimum only installs solar for residential and commercial businesses throughout the state of California. However, the company has plans to expand to other western states.

The Bottom Line

Solar Optimum offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, lengthy warranties, and several payment options. Additionally, Solar Optimum is a Premium EPC company and a Tesla Energy Certified Installer. If you live in the state of California, Solar Optimum is definitely worth considering.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Optimum below.

Solar Optimum Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Solar Optimum work?

The first important step is setting up a consultation with one of our Energy Consultants. For convenience, we offer both in-home appointments and phone consultations based on the customers' availability and request. It's vital that we understand the customer's energy goals and current (and future) electricity needs in order for us to create a customized solar system and provide a quote.

How much does a solar energy system from Solar Optimum cost?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer for this because the cost of the system depends on many variables like electrical usage, energy goals, product selection, utility company, etc.

What solar panels does Solar Optimum use in its installations?

Solar Optimum only installs tier-one, industry-leading panels, inverters, racking, battery storage, and solar products from the best in the industry that have the best warranty. This includes Panasonic Solar, LG Solar, Q-Cell, Enphase, Unirac and Tesla Powerwall to name a few.

How long will it take before the solar panels are installed?

In the best case scenario, a solar system can be installed and turned on in around 90 days. However, many variables are involved in getting the solar system installed and turned on. Delays in turning the system on may depend on the utility company. Some jurisdictions take longer than others.

Does Solar Optimum require a contract?

Do the solar panels work when there is a power outage?

Solar panels do not work if there is a power outage. The solution for this is the home battery back-up that we offer from Tesla Powerwall. If there is a power outage, energy is pulled from the battery.

4.9

Pedro King
November 7th, 2019 Laguna Hills, CA DETAILS

They did a great job with my solar system. I had been in touch with Solar Optimum about a year ago to get a solar system, but due to some unexpected challenges on a personal level I had to put that on hold. When I reached out to them again three months ago, they remembered me and were ready to pick right up where we left. Everything went beautifully and without hiccups and my panels are performing perfectly.

Paul
November 5th, 2019 Palm Springs, CA

Representative came was all sales. Didn’t even look at roof for any potential issues. Only looked at panel at my urging. We have an older electrical panel and I was concerned about any last minute costs and was told it would be only $1500, however, I noted I was concerned it would be much more expensive and didn’t want to sign until they told me all costs. Although I asked to be sent the proposal and financing options, I never received anything. I called office aft 4 days and they had the representative call me. When he did, he said I had to contact Edison for them to spot new panel location so they could tell me full price. I expected a turnkey process.

Vanessa Sarkessian
November 4th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Solar Optimum is an incredible team of professionals and just overall good people! Everything single promise they had given us, they kept. They gave us genuine recommendations and advice no matter how many questions we had or how long we needed to think about decisions, and their installers did a fantastic job. every step of the way was timely and a good experience and our new solar system feels like a fresh start. We are beyond thrilled and highly recommend Solar optimum!

Vikas Nagpal
October 28th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Great on responsiveness, time to completion, equipment and communication

Cnrad Gomez
October 28th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I was hesitant on going solar for a while due to the cost since I knew I had some upgrades to complete at my home. I quickly found out that much of the cost had rebates and credits and that I could get to help lesson the cost. After meeting with some reps I was happy to pick Solar Optimum for the job. Their presentation was very professional and their rep was able to answer my questions without a pause. I felt he was well informed and that what I look for with any company I go with.

Kristen Hellewell
October 18th, 2019 Laguna Niguel, CA DETAILS

They provide the best service, equipment, and price

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Kristen, thank you so much for choosing Solar Optimum!

Samanta
September 30th, 2019 Valencia, CA DETAILS

I wanted to write my review to relate my story to all the people asking me about my experience. I told everyone about the research I did when finding my solar company. I went through many finding out if they even covered my area. Once I found companies who did I looked at their products, Financing, options, warranties as well as their licencing. I sent out my info to about 4 companies who all sent in similar bids. In the end due to both materials and pricing I felt I got the best price and service from Solar Optimum.

Oct 19, 2019

We appreciate your review, Sam and happy to hear you had a great experience with us!

David Loftus
September 23rd, 2019 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

Very easy to work with and timely. I received everything I asked for and the service was very good.

Oct 19, 2019

We pride ourselves on our customer service, David. Thank you for your 5 star review!

Chris
September 23rd, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

They had the best price and the best service - no way to beat that!

Oct 19, 2019

Thank you for choosing us at Solar Optimum, Chris. Our service and prices are highly competitive-- two of many reasons why so many homeowners like you have selected us for your energy efficiency needs!

Brad Lee
September 23rd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I spent so much time researching solar companies in Southern California. I looked at the big companies and the small ones, and I tried to compare them to each other based on price and warranties and of course reviews, and I wish I had found Solar Optimum sooner. I liked Sean and his attitude. He is true people- person, and I didn't feel like it was pure business for him, when we sat down to talk about which solution would be best for my home. When it came to the installation, the crew that came to set it up were all very polite and efficient. No harm was done to my property, the panels look great, and I am very pleased with how the project turned out.

Oct 19, 2019

We'll be sure to pass along the rave reviews you gave Sean and the rest of the crew, Brad. Thank you for your business!

Adena Sarkessian
September 18th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

It's been a few years since I got my solar system through Solar Optimum. I am now considering adding more panels, and I didn't have to think twice about who to call. Solar Optimum is the best there is! My system is perfectly, and I haven't had any problems in the 3+ years they've been on my house. When I called Solar Optimum to discuss adding more panels because my usage has gone up lately, they remembered me, which shows that they actually care about their customers. They gave me very fair quote, and just like last time, the process was quick and problem-free. I may even consider adding the Tesla battery soon too.

Oct 19, 2019

When you're ready for the Powerwall, Adena let us know. We have it in stock! Thank you for the review and choosing us.

Rob Russell
September 13th, 2019 Escondido, CA

I originally gave a three star review to Solar Optimum for not providing a personal visit to us to discuss our solar options. I received a call from Rainier from Solar Optimum to talk about our negative experience. I feel the customer service response warrants another positive star. Even though we did not go with them the reaching out to find out why really helped show they do care about their customers.

Sep 09, 2019

Rob, we'd like the opportunity to address this with you. As such, we've attempted to reach you by email twice last week to discuss the facts and circumstances around the in-home appointment and phone consultation. We'll also plan on calling you directly if we don't hear back from you. At Solar Optimum, its our standard to give all of our customers the option for an in-home appointment or phone consult based on their availability, convenience and desired installation time-frame. Please reply to our email or call the marketing department at 800-552-9970 so we can address your concerns and your particular appointment.

Maya Parodi
September 11th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

In connection to remodel project of our home, we contacted Solar Optimum to see if it would be possible (and that it would make financial sense) to add a solar system to the roof since we were already going to be doing construction. Mark was very helpful and walked us through everything we could expect with solar system and gave us recommendations based on what we wanted out of it. We definitely got the sense that Solar Optimum does NOT operate on a "one-size-fits-all" philosophy because they took our needs and wishes seriously when putting together our design and offer. Great company!!

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Maya, we agree that Mark incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about helping homeowners with their questions about solar. We appreciate your kind words and congrats on going solar!

Brad Sternberg
September 9th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Solar Optimum installed a complete solar system on our house. They did a great job, and we are very pleased with the outcome. Our contact person was very open and honest with us from the beginning about everything we could expect in terms of results, and they delivered a complete design and all our approvals very quickly. One of the main reasons why we chose Solar Optimum was because they only sell high- quality solar panels and work with the best manufactures. The installation went according to schedule. We love our system and service.

Oct 19, 2019

So happy to hear you were happy with the end results, Brad. And you're right about our equipment. We ONLY offer top-tier and high quality solar panels and inverters. Appreciate you choosing Solar Optimum.

German Ramirez
September 4th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

My family recently grew and my bills grew along with them. That is why I started to try and cut my bills down. When I listed all my bills I found to try electrical was one of the highest. I tried changing lights but nothing seemed to help much. I then thought about getting solar as an option. I sent in my property information along with my usage to a few solar companies before deciding to meet with Solar Optimum. I was very pleased with the results and soon signed my contract with them. They started to install soon after checking my roof and soon had my solar turned on. I'm using the solar now and I have not had any serious issues.

Oct 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, German. And we appreciate you choosing Solar Optimum.

Chhattar Kucheria
August 29th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I was extremely happy with their workmanship, customer support and on time performance

Howard Hancock
August 26th, 2019 Whittier, CA

I have just decided to go solar with Solar Optimum, so I have no experience yet with the installation process or results. I can offer my highest recommendation for the salesman who made the presentation, and the professionalism shown by Solar Optimum. The products are top flight, and are at competitive rates for both the product and the financing. We are excited to go solar with Solar Optimum!

Vahik Savadian
August 26th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

Overall we were really happy with our experience with Solar Optimum. When I called them after finding them on Google, I was booked an appointment with one of their solar experts. Sean's presentation was educational and I felt very comfortable with him but I still wanted to meet with other solar contractors-- which I did. In the end, we called Sean back and moved forward. From the beginning, it has been a positive experience. He kept us up to date at all times. the installation was done in record speed and was turned on in no time. I have nothing but great things to say about Sean and the staff at Solar Optimum.

Steven Bowers
August 25th, 2019 Oak Park, CA DETAILS

Responsive, dependable, friendly customer service and install teams

Kaniel
August 25th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

They were really straight forward and professional from start to finish.

gerardo mota
August 21st, 2019 Visalia, CA

Sales staff answered all my questions and very well informed of the product.

Lourdes
August 20th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

Awesome. Had panels installed last month, very happy. Our initial contact with Mark , response to questions and concerns quick. Staff respectful, honest, truthful. I feel that I can contact them even after installation. At one point we were off line on enphase monitoring, staff was helpful to get us back online in a timely manner. Its great that I have to ability to contact for issues.

Sophia Russel
August 20th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

Solar Optimum was great to work with when we first came across them four years ago. Back then, they installed our panels, and they have been working super great since then, saving us a lot money pear month. They were very helpful and remembered working with us. I recommended this company if you need a solar.

Diana
August 11th, 2019 Orange, CA DETAILS

The reason I contacted Solar Optimum was because my coworker used them when he had solar installed on his home. He told me so many great things about them and his solar system, and I generally trust his opinion. It turns out he was right. I had the exact same experience he did: Nice, honest people who know everything there is to know about solar, and who helps you with everything you need. My panels look great, and they worked from day one. If you are looking for reliable, knowledgeable and honest solar company - go for Solar Optimum!

Kiarah Jackson
August 11th, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS

The entire experience with Solar Optimum was excellent. My Husband and I talked to a lot of companies, and they all gave us a proposal for our project. Our sales rep was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to focus on educating and informing us about solar. When the installers finally came on install day, they did a fantastic job cleaning up after themselves. I am more than happy with the results!.

Ashely eterson
August 7th, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Solar Optimum is THE BEST! And Sean deserves to get all the credit in the world for handling my case like a true pro. Something I experienced with everyone I came across at Solar Optimum. just a team of stand up people. Sean was the one helping me get my solar system. He's very knowledgeable and offered great prices. I highly recommended him if you want to get solar yourself. NO doubt I am calling Solar optimum if when I need the Tesla battery.

SCAMPERTIM
August 7th, 2019 Apple Valley, CA

GEORGE IS GREAT SO FAR!!!! STILL IN THE PROCESS OF THE SITE-SURVEY-INSTALLTION.SO FAR SO GOOD.

Mark Alt
August 5th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

I honestly feel like it was such a blessing to come across Solar Optimum. The whole process was seamless, and our agent was only a text or call away if we ever had any questions or concerns. He made sure we got all the permits we needed ( I wouldn't even know where to start ), and everything he promised - he over delivered. I can't say enough great things about Solar Optimum! I'm so happy with my choice! Ask for Marc (with C)!

Jessica Ceso
August 2nd, 2019 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

After researching solar companies for more than 8 months, we finally landed on Solar Optimum, and we could not be happier. They are nothing but professional and always on time for appointments and are very good at answering all questions. We thought it was going to be a difficult experience because it is a big thing to invest in solar system and there are a lot of practical things that needs to be done, but Solar Optimum made it so easy for us. Now that our solar system has been installed we already see some savings on our bill.

Jennifer Summers
August 1st, 2019 San Clemente, CA DETAILS

Ivan P our sales rep was very helpful and attentive throughout the process from beginning to end. The installation technicians worked quickly and cleaned up after themselves. They made sure we were up and running. We are very pleased with the warranties. I have recommended Solar Optimum to many friends and family already.

Angelica Chapa
August 1st, 2019 Turlock, CA

I spoke to a rep over a week ago & she was going to email me some information by the following week. Still have not recieved it. Cant compare. In the mean time I have received 2 other quotes. Still interested in what they have to offer

James Holden
July 30th, 2019 Sylmar, CA DETAILS

I went straight to my laptop the second my solar system was turned on, because I wanted to make sure I wrote a review. I wanted to wait until the whole thing was done to make sure what I wrote was accurate, and now I can confidently say that Solar Optimum are AMAZING! From the very first phone call, Silva as been extremely patient and informative, and I never felt like all my questions was a burden. The process was great - no complaints. And while doing my research, I didn't find any other solar companies with the same warranties and great prices as Solar Optimum. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants solar on their home. Ask for Silva or Ivan, the energy sales rep.

James
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Was always able to reach someone if I had a question, from quote all the way through installation and inspection.

Mark Ewoldsen

Great panels and Even Better service. Least expensive in LA County

Darren Field
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

good service and follow up from start to finish of the project

Mark Quest
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

The panels are working as we were told, which is great, but that is largely out-of-sight/out-of-mind, however, the service that we received was excellent and very noticeable!

J Mullins
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Workmanship was fine; establishing the project had several major problems. I never had an estimator come out before the bid, so the proposed system was too big for my electrical. I ended up with fewer panels with less output for the same amount of money. Additionally, the information that I have a huge shade tree planted on one end of the house was not communicated, so now I will have to spend $1000 to move the tree if I want my panels to continue to run at full power.

Arman Petrosyan
July 23rd, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

My brother and his family had solar on their house for about 2 years now. I thought long and hard and decided Solar was a great idea since it had been saving him tons of money every month. I decided to look into the same company he used. I met with Mark at home and we discussed my options. He told me he had solar installed at his home and we discussed the perks. It was good to get an industry view but getting a solar owners view helped lock me in at the end. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Mike Patel
July 23rd, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS

The Reason I decided to go solar was because in my rush to save gas by going electric I never considered the bills for charging my car at home. After a few months I looked into ways to help ease this burden. Solar was a great answer as it not only helped charge by EV cars but also provided the energy needed for my home. I am now twice efficient and currently saving more money than I thought was possible.

Maryam
July 23rd, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

I started to look into solar because I was tired of using little of my appliances. I bought my AC so I can use it. So I found a way to make that possible. I met with some companies who offered similar system and similar pitches. I finally decided to go with Solar Optimum because I recognized the brands that were used, I felt comfortable with them and they answered a lot of my questions in great detail.

Lasisi Azeez
July 22nd, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS

Honesty, integrity, quality service, and unparalleled roof-penetration warranty.

Suzana Lambert
July 16th, 2019 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

I had Solar Optimum install panels in my home. The team has been extremely helpful in getting my solar system, providing maintenance , and follow-up through the whole process. I feel safe and secure with my decision to go with them, especially with their 25 years warranty. I don't think anyone else can beat it.

Sedrak Noori
July 16th, 2019 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS

After I began repairs to my house I discovered my roof was in bad need of a change. I learned through my friend who just purchased solar that it would be good idea to look into both since I could stand to gain some money back. I met with few companies before choosing Solar Optimum for the job. They had great service reviews and the thoroughness of their consultation left me feeling like I was in good hands. The install was smooth and completed within 2 months of my signing.

Sarkis
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Professional and helpful Very friendly and honest

David Cannell
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Price and engineering were great. Drawings and permitting a bit less so, but still fine.

Holly & Michael Reich
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

We had a wonderful experience with them and our installation was complex given we had an older house that was not had up to code. They handled everything and were very professional.

Tom
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service, project management and execution

Marc Margulis
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I met with 3 or 4 other solar companies in the years before meeting with Solar Optimum. The previous companies's representatives all lied to me or tried to distort the benefits. Solar Optimum told me the truth. The system was installed properly, works as specified and my property was treated respectively. What more can anyone ask for?

Argeen Mirzakhanian
July 11th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

Solar seemed more and more like a better idea living in California. I decided to see what it would cost to make the switch. In the end it cost me less per month to pay for having solar than paying my actual bills. The decision was made for me after meeting with Sean and finding out just how easy this would make my life. This system allow me to live comfortably without sacrificing my life style.

Robert Shaffer
July 8th, 2019 Pacific Palisades, CA DETAILS

From my first contact with sales to my latest with maintenance and operations, the people have been exceptional. They all all polite, extremely knowledegeable and have a rare "can do" attitude.

Jul 08, 2019

Robert, thank you for your 5-star review of Solar Optimum. Glad to have you as part of our family!