Sunnova

7.8

Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country. The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, with an additional 10-year roof warranty. Meanwhile, the Sunnova Adaptive Home solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner. The solar service provider offers a number of financing options, but conditions do apply.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options to help customers lower their dependence on the power grid:

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for the PPA option, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova has a simple mission: provide competitive solar solutions across several states and offers a variety of financing options, including cash purchase, a solar lease and PPA. The solar company also provides moving options to help customers establish energy independence.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases. If you're still unsure whether this company is right for you, read below for verified Sunnova Solar reviews.

View Best Solar Companies

3.7

Debra Schnellbacher Philadelphia, PA

They are very nice and very fast with installing the Solar Panels on your house but they will not put the critter cage around the panels. They wanted to charge us $1,000 to install the critter cage so we did not pay as the equipment is all theirs and not our responsibility. Well, of coarse squirrels ate wires so they came and installed the critter cage (for free). Our systems has stopped working on and off (currently off for 6 months now). Their service SUCKS. The people who come to your house are very nice but they've scheduled 4 service appointments in which we have to confirm. Each time I stay home. Each time they have not shown up and have not even given me the consideration of a phone call. Today they are scheduled for the entire day. It's 7:47 am .. supposed to be here at 7 am. Nobody around to answer the phone. I will probably be stood up yet again. When the system is working .. it is great! I'd like to get back to before the squirrels when the system worked beautifully. BTW I get more money when they work the credit does not make me whole!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Debra, thank you for reaching out. I have reached out to your case owner to follow up with you directly. Thank you. ^JD

Apr. 13th, 2021

Joy Deal Houston, TX

They were very good in delivering the product but didn't quite understand that I may have an electricity bill still. Luckily now we do see the credit but did not like paying $98.12 plus Green Mountain bill..that may continue until summer time when AC is used but at least we will see the credit applied.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your story Joy! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^ JD

Apr. 5th, 2021

Catherine Powell Brick, NJ

Ease and efficiency of billing. No issues with panels.

Reply from Sunnova

Catherine, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system! ^ JD

Apr. 5th, 2021

Conrad Kaiser Rosamond, CA

I had a house fire in April 2020 and the home was condemed by the county. The solar panels had to be removed because of the roof being damaged. Every month I received a bill for kwh I have been using, although no panels are on the structure. In addition each month the bill was different. Thirty days after the panels had been removed the company sent an individual to check the system. The person they sent was the same individual who took the system down and took the panels away. He could not understand why they sent him to check a system that was not on the property. Each month the company tried taking money out of my checking account to pay for the kwh I was using on a system that had been removed. I had to cancel my checking account in order to stop the money being taken. The company also changed the kwh rate from 0.19 to $ 0.215. I must have talked to ten different people from the company. This company has to be the worst customer service company I have ever delt with. I also was told the panels had been damaged, and I would be repaid the money taken out of my bank. I was asked to have my insurance company send them notification when the home would be repaired [ This was sent once prior and I sent them another copy] the home should be repaired by the end of June. The bill for last month is for $796.63 The stress this company has put me through while I'm trying to rebuild has not helped. I'm 79 years old a DAV and I don't need this type of customer service, if I could get out of the contract I would.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Conrad Kaiser, we apologize the inconvenience. Can you send a email to  [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at? Thank you!**MV

Mar. 27th, 2021

Brian Jehning Kensington, CT

No issues thus far. Everything has been rolled out, from consultation, to installation, to billing, just as advertised to me.

Thank you for the note, Brian. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^JD

David Krucek Oakdale, CT

They did what they said. Easy process. I’m very happy with the program.

Reply from Sunnova

David, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system! ^JD

Don Uncasville, CT

Produces the energy they said at a fair price

Thank you for the note, Don. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

Camelia Heine Palmdale, CA

Made everything very easy for me. Mandy was great throughout the entire process

Thank you for the kind words, Camelia. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

Linda Red Lion, PA

Very personable and up front with sales. professional installation, saving me money on my electric

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your story Linda! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^JD

Joel W. Dafoe Breinigsville, PA

The product performs as promised, and Sunnova is responsive to questions and inquiries.

Reply from Sunnova

Joel, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar! ^JD

PATEL Plainfield, NJ

NOTHING TO LIKE ABOUT THE COMPNAY I WOULD GIVE THEM 0 STAR IF IT WAS AN OPTION I PAID $5022 IN LAST 3 YEARS OR SO OUT OF WHICH ONLY COUPLE HUNDERED DOLLARS WAS PRINCIPAL SO I STARTED TO MAKE THE LARGE PAYMENT TOWARD PRINCIPAL AND THEY CHARGED ME $10000 3 times instead of 1 times. out of which 2 payment return like they should. and the FRUSTRATING PART WAS THAT THEY SHOWED MY $10000 PAYMENT RETURN SO THE PAYOFF BALANCE DID NTO CHANGE. I HAD TO CALL THEM NUMERUUS TIME SEND THEM STAMTMENT VERIFCATION OF THE CHARGES THEY MADE TO MY BANK AND ITS STILL NTO CLEARED AFTER ALMOST 2 WEEKS.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Patel, we are here to help! If you can send a email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? **MV

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Ricardo Colon Lakeland, FL

Horrible customer service. There’s never a supervisor available. I been having issues with my solar system for the second time now. Their incompetence has damage my double wall oven and an inverter AC. I have a week now trying to get Sunnova to approve a tech to come check my system which is failing. Please don’t do business with this company. I am a disable veteran and this worsening my mental health condition.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out, Ricardo. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you ^JD

Mar. 22nd, 2021

L Cody Morongo Valley, CA

I wish I would have RUN when they came to my door. It has been the worst mistake of my life. This system is constantly UNDER PRODUCING!!! I pay more to the electric company then before. Trying to get a straight answer from them is a true joke. It's like a hand- off from one " expert " to another. I can count on one hand how many times they've been out here to check on the system. I have constantly paid my electric company at least 2500 to 3000 end of year settlement . In addition to the 130 I pay to Sunova a month. I've called and emailed to no avail. They can't even get my husband's name off the lease as he passed away over a year ago. Terrible Terrible Service!!!! Take your business elsewhere. If I could give them a minus star....it'd be a 10!!! L.Cody

Reply from Sunnova

Hello L. Cody, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Simple Sales Riverside, NJ

Squirells have made a nest and hole underneath solar panel and are now running through the attic. Can't get the roof fixed and nest removed until panels are removed. Sunnova has forbidden me to have my contractor remove them and make proper repairs to my roof. Customer service is requesting that I pay them to install a critter guard as well as incurring costs for temporary removal. Still waiting for Sunnova to get back to me with removal quotes after two weeks.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Simple, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 17th, 2021

Martin Simon Baltimore, MD

2019 got solar leased was told they take care of service if any problems they can remotely monitor well this past August I noticed a problem so I called I was told yeah we see the problem it been down since October? At this point it's still down that's with multiple emails one service visit still nothing case numbers no communication it's now 3-13-2021 stay away from this company they don't care.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Martin, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 17th, 2021

CANDY TYRELL Chestertown, MD

To prove the point of their horrible customer service, I received a call the day following my bad review. From a man telling me that someone else would reach out to me and discuss my issues. That didn't happen. Now, 3 weeks later, I get a poorly written email with no name attached saying that they aren't going to do anything. My electric company still says there is an issue. My electric bills are still more than double what they were last year. There has been no resolution or attempted resolution. Do not contract with this company. You will regret it if you ever need assistance.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Candy, thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help address this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 16th, 2021

David Metzger Somerset, NJ

I have to say, anyone who is thinking about this company, DO NOT, WALK AWAY!! I have had the solar panels on my home for 4 years now. I already have had issues with the production and the system has continually underproduced. Since I lease the panels, they are responsible for any repair to system and also to roof. That has only happened once! Another problem is that critter guards were improperly installed and have for the second time, roof damage due to squirrels. After numerous calls, there is still no resolution. Summing it up, the production that is outlined by their reps has not even been close to the truth AND there is roof damage. The ONLY way to contact the company is through their customer service and that is usually as far as you get. They only state they will escalate the issue. It is a full time job to constantly call to try and get any results. Word of advice, make sure you track your monthly production against what they guarantee!! They will make sure your payments are right on time but their turn-around for service is non-existent. I thought I was doing a good thing by getting solar, not so much!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. Metzger, thanks for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you to help resolve this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 12th, 2021

Jonathan Mellett New Egypt, NJ

Great communication and not one negative experience throughout the process.

Thank you for the note, Jonathan. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^ JD

Mar. 10th, 2021

Joe Trimberger Reno, NV

Avoid at all costs!!! I luckily found out what a crappy company Sunnova is before I had my system installed. They have the worst customer service, I hope they don't try and steal any money out of my account! I called to remove my payment method off of their webpage and spoke to "Walter L" who informed me that they cannot remove my payment method even though it states to call customer service to remove that info. All that Walter could do is send a request to remove my payment information. What a scam! I've called my bank and had them block any payments from coming out of my account. Sunnova please clean up your act! No one will do business with you!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Joe, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Vincenco Giambanco Staten Island, NY

Sunnova is quickly making me regret going solar. Been having production issues with my system that’s only 4 months old. Service technicians were scheduled to come last Tuesday between 4pm and 7pm and called me to cancel at the last minute. They told me it was being rescheduled for Friday between 10am and 1pm instead. I called them back to tell them that this appointment was no good for me and if they can come on Tuesday the following week instead. They said ok and that I was going to get an email confirmation with the new day and time. Later on that day I get an email to confirm appointment for the Friday which was the day I told them was no good for me. I called them again to cancel that appointment and make it for the following week instead. I also responded to the email saying that Friday was no good for me and to move appointment to Tuesday instead. Well Friday morning while at work I get a call from the service technician saying he’s outside my house and nobody’s answering the door. I told him he’s not supposed be there until Tuesday. When I called them to get answers on how this could happen and nobody could answer. It’s like talking to robots when you try to get answers with this company. A week later and they are still giving me the run a round and I haven’t gotten an appointment yet. I have seen a lot of terrible companies in my time but this one certainly takes the cake. Do yourself a favor and stay far far away

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Vincenco, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to get this issue resolved. Thank you. ^JD

Carol Freelin Kissimmee, FL

Lack of communication, entire process slow.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Carol, sorry to hear this has been you r experience with Sunnova. Can you send a email to  [email protected] with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? Thank you!**MV

Mar. 1st, 2021

Katherine R. Mulderrig Oceanside, CA

Reps were great but service scheduling not good.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Katherine, we appreciate you feedback. We will use this to improve. Thank you!**MV

Mar. 1st, 2021

Bruce DeSilva Cassville, NJ

If you are thinking of signing up with Sunnova Energy Corp. for solar panels, THINK AGAIN! It’s one of the worst firms I have dealt with in my entire life—and I’m 74 years old. Sunnova owns the solar panels that were installed on the roof of my home in Howell several years ago. Now, unless I sign a contract that is absurd on its face and impossible to comply with, the company will not permit the temporary removal of the panels so that the old roof can be replaced. I have worked to resolve this matter for three months to no avail. Since the contract in question appears to be boilerplate given to Sunnova customers in similar circumstances in NJ and around the country, the potential for widespread abuse is apparent. The issue in short: The proposed contract, signed by a company lawyer and dated Nov. 23, requires that the panels be reinstalled within 60 days of the signing. However, Trinity, the company that handles installations for Sunnova, told me that they are overextended and probably couldn’t even REMOVE them within 60 days The contract also would have made me responsible for other delays completely beyond my control. For example, we are in the dead of winter. What if bad weather made it too dangerous for the roofers to work for weeks? As it turned out, this was not hypothetical. My roof was covered with snow and ice from Jan. 30 to Feb. 23. The contract also would have made me responsible for any additional delays caused by Trinity’s work schedule. If they couldn’t remove the panels within 60 days, who’s to say how quickly they could reinstall them once the roof work was completed? And yet, the contract stated that if I failed to comply with its terms, I could be required to pay the company the solar system’s full value, which the letter put at $16,380.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bruce, thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry you had to go through this ordeal. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help address this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Gem Oca San Diego, CA

I have closed my house Jan. 19, 2021. All documents for transfer of ownership have been submitted and new owners have made an account. I have been calling since January 27 to have them complete the transfer ever week and yet nothing has been done. All agents keep saying that they have escalated the case and yet everytime I call they will act as if one document has been missing or buyers of my house did not call and have not made an account. I am out of my house and still I have been paying for services. I am so mad right now. I feel that I will be forever paying for services that I am not using. There is no supervisor or any other department you can call. It is like being smacked on a wall. If there is anyone here who knows where else I can call to ask for help regarding this, I really need help!

Rosemarie E Dunning West Yarmouth, MA

My system is underproducing. Sunnova agrees. Electric Co, Eversource agrees. I am told by trinity who installed the system that panels cannot be added and that I would have to buy or lease a 2nd system to add to the existing electric output. When i contracted in 2018I questioned the small size of the system. the sales man distinctly said if it is not an adequate system for my needs they can just add more panels. Now I am told that is not possible. I pay the electric co. about $40 per month, have no net meter credit and pay Sunnova $52 / month and that goes up each year. The salesman misrepresented my savings. This is costing me alot with no benefit to me. I just want tr add panels to the existing system so it generates enough electricity that I get a net metering credit. Not happy

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Rosemarie E Dunning, We are here to help! If you can send a email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you?

Feb. 18th, 2021

Alex Wisienski Norwalk, CT

Sunnova expects your payment every month but when service is needed they are the worst. THEY decide if you need service even though the system is not working. It took 5 MONTHS to get a service call last year. This year (2021) I'M WAITING 2.5 MONTHS already. Meanwhile I'm paying my provider PLUS Sunnova. I got solar to save money not cost me more. They say every year on your anniversary date they re -evaluate your usage and lower payments if their projected usage wasn't met. More than a month now still no re-evaluation to get back the $800+ I spent on JCP&L because solar didn't work for 5 months, ( but I still had to pay Sunnova) Sunnova is totally unreliable. Their service is pathetic. I can not give them a rating. Not even one star. Unfortunately 1 star automatically appoints itself.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Alex, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly. Thank you. ^ JD

Feb. 12th, 2021

Susan Harper Fort Worth, TX

I can only see what it's doing about half the time

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Susan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you to help address this issue. Thank you^ JD

Feb. 10th, 2021

Chris kavoian Fresno, CA

Took forever to install, sales representative wasn’t attentive to my questions. Just seemed like a hokie company...maybe it’s your satellite company I dont know. Not happy with initial service

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Chris, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. One of our agents will reach out to you to help address this issue. Thank you. ^ JD

Daniel San Diego, CA

Great financing options, transparency, and efficient work tempo.

Reply from Sunnova

Daniel, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system! ^JD

Jessica Suarez Santa Clarita, CA

Easy, effective, Scott W made it easy and convenient and followed through with getting us all set up.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your story Jessica! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^JD

Feb. 10th, 2021

Nora Whitman, MA

Pleasant and thorough to deal with. Kept informed on project with professional emails.

Thank you for the note, Nora. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

James Grossi Sag Harbor, NY

Sunnova is the absolute worst... I’ve had issues with them from day one. My equipment stopped working for nine months before it was fixed. They’re also supposed to do an energy audit after 3 years, which they did... and credit you for underperformance. Well, they did the audit and said I am entitled to a credit of around $1,500, which would be applied against future payments. When I asked for documentation for said credit, they told me that they couldn’t provide anything, and when I got my next bill, guess what didn’t appear? My credit. This company is absolutely horrible. Not only will I not recommend them, I will actively tell people to avoid them at all costs.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out, James. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^ JD

Feb. 7th, 2021

Saeed Shaikh North Stonington, CT

Everything delivered as promised. Service and product are first rate. Technical know-how is 4.

Thank you for the note, Saeed Shaikh. Welcome to the Sunnova family!**MV

Juan Chula Vista, CA

Informative way of presenting product and very knowledgeable in what they provide and sell.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you Juan, we appreciate your five-star rating!**MV

Carole Ciappa Vincentown, NJ

no problems with them. We changed our loan requirement after signing and Sunnova had no problem giving us a new contract.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Carole Ciappa, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!**MV

John decker Somers Point, NJ

There is not too much I like about sunova. The several times I dealt with their customer service I realize I was actually talking to lawyers who are trying to limit my rights as a customer. Not once but twice they took more money out of my wife's account than they were supposed to. It was something that was never authorised but they did it anyway. It took us over a week to get them to give the money back and then a month later they did it again. They undersized my solar panel so now my bill is another $600 a year on top of paying them a $100 a month and the electric company. I would not recommend these people to anybody. They are not the solar installers they are the money people. The installation was done by somebody else. Again I would not deal with them, I'm 58 years old and I have never dealt with a company this blatantly Horrible!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. Decker, thanks for brining this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^ JD

Jan. 12th, 2021

Tara Wright Mount Holly, NJ

We did not receive any significant discount from our electric bill, and only accumulated a new bill for having the solar panels. My electric bill would be maybe $50 off from the energy produced (From PSEG), and then I'd get a $200 bill for the production level (from Sunnova). I called PSEG & Sunnova constantly telling them something had to be wrong. I have a south-facing home, and we are a usual house hold. Customer Service is NOT helpful at all, they would not help to investigate if there was an issue, they would not help me with communicating with PSEG, and it sounds like customer service it outsourced to the Philippines. No one talks to you like a person, they only read scripts to you, and are infuriatingly unhelpful. I eventually stopped using solar with PSEG because it was costing so much money ($500-$900 a month) and I switched to wind energy for a flat rate of $129 a month. I tried talking to Sunnova about working something out to either get out of my contract, or paying off the panels since I wasn’t benefiting from the production, but they will not help at all. They just say "you signed a contract for 25 years" - So I am generating energy for the grid, for other people to use, and I have to pay around $100 a month for that privilege.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello @Tara Wright. We are sorry you had to go through this ordeal. We do appreciate your patience and one of our agents will contact you soon to help get this issue resolve.**MV

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Julie Borgmann

Great communication and service delivered as promised.

Thank you for the note, @Julie Borgmann. Welcome to the Sunnova family!**MV

Dec. 17th, 2020

Gladys Roche

they are very knowledgeable , friendly, reliable, fast and very professional and true to their word

Reply from Sunnova

Hello @Gladys Roche, we work hard to make sure you understand every part of the service. We appreciate feedback.**MV

Dec. 17th, 2020

Andrew A Sapp Philadelphia, PA

Orbit Solar is very thourough and professional. No hitches in the entire process. A quality company!

Reply from Sunnova

Andrew, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system! ^JD

Dec. 16th, 2020

Edward M Fuentes

They were quick and have answered all of my questions. The app to track my production has been difficult to get access to.

Reply from Sunnova

Edward, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^ JD

Theresa

Very Professional and always were in touch for appointments

Thank You so much for the 5 stars!*MV

Eric New Haven, CT

This company is a joke AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. Their customer service is awful to deal with and they can't keep their stories straight. I have a roof leak where the wires penetrate my roof due to the sealant (probably putty) failing. On the website it states "25 year component, 10 year roof warranty". After multiple calls with them they are sticking to it only being a 1 year warranty on the roof. So now I have a roof leak that I can't even repair due to it being under the panels. If you are considering solar find another company that will value you as a customer. Its looking like the next step will be getting a lawyer involved.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Eric, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send us a system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this issue right away. Thank you. *MV

Luz Delia Hernandez Deltona, FL

As of this day 12/2/2020 I haven't seen the saving yet. I'm now paying the solar bill plus another high bill with Duke energy. I either didn't get enough panels or my Duke usage was misquoted. Not happy with the transition. I talked to the sales person two months ago. She's been calling/emaling and or leaving mess. to whoever is in charge but as of now nothing has been done. I regret doing the change. Not recommending the co. to anyone until the problem gets fixed.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Luz, thank you for brining this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you tomorrow to help get this issue resolved. Thank you. ^JD

Dec. 3rd, 2020

Mukesh J Patel

I was promised by your installer ABP to install Bird Gaurd around solar panel is not installed yet, I tried to contact several times but no reponse.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mukesh. thank you for reaching out . One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help assist you with this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Joyce Clark

The entire team was knowledgeable and answered ALL my questions immediately. They were courteous and handled the installation exactly as they promised, which included removing and replacing my patio pavers.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your story Joyce! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Cassandra Balwant

Solar panels seem to be working well. However, app is horrible and does not show the true numbers based on what I see on meter and duke bill. App states I'm using double the energy I truly am.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Cassandra, thank you for reaching out. One of our agents will reach out to you to discuss the customer portal with you. Thank you. ^JD

Diana Fiumara

The process of installing and bringing the solar system online was very efficient and easy.

Thank you for the note, Diana. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

Dr. Peter & Marilyn (Maxwell) Ventura

Never received $1,500 incentive check based on a 1099!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Ventura, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help resolve this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Beverly S. Mosinee, WI

I reported a leak on my roof since October 14, 2020. It’s now Nov 28, 2020 and I have yet to get my roof checked. I only got a case number and work order assigned. I’m still getting the runaround. Their customer service is horrible. Definitely read the contract or else you’re stuck with a 25 year lease with horrible service and only arbitration, as a customer I have no other choice but get screwed in the process. Not worth it!!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Beverly S, we are happy to help. Will you please send us a private email to [email protected] with your system ID and direct phone number? An agent will contact you soon. ^TR

Nov. 30th, 2020