Sunnova

7.3

LAST UPDATED: August 7th, 2022

Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country. The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, with an additional 10-year roof warranty. Meanwhile, the Sunnova Adaptive Home solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner. The solar service provider offers a number of financing options, but conditions do apply.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options to help customers lower their dependence on the power grid:

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for the PPA option, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova has a simple mission: provide competitive solar solutions across several states and offers a variety of financing options, including cash purchase, a solar lease and PPA. The solar company also provides moving options to help customers establish energy independence.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases. If you're still unsure whether this company is right for you, read below for verified Sunnova Solar reviews.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Sunnova

At Sunnova, our mission is simple — to power energy independence. And we are deeply passionate about providing homeowners with a real choice when it comes to powering their homes with cleaner, more sustainable and affordable energy solutions. We are equally committed to creating trusted, long-term relationships with our customers, as they are the very heart of our business.

Every day, our customers welcome us, in very real ways, onto and into their homes, and this relationship begins with our trusted sales, installation, and service dealers. While there are many things that set Sunnova apart from other energy providers, one of the biggest is our dealer business model. We work with a very select group of established local solar installers who have comprehensive knowledge of their markets, enabling us to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.

Sunnova offers options for every homeowner to help customers gain energy independence and lower their annual utility costs. Sunnova customers in most states enjoy guaranteed energy production, system monitoring, and a best-in-class 25-year warranty.

If you’re ready to take the first step, learning more about the financial impact that solar will have on your household in your area, Sunnova is the perfect place to start.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Liza Pereira Deltona, FL

We had many companies come to our house and try to sell us solar panels one even tried to rent solar panels to us but they were not within our budget. Sunova is the only one who offered us exactly what we needed. We are pre-senior citizens and are looking at a fixed budget in which we needed solar panels in order to make sure that our quality of life is not compromised because of the soaring electric rates. So nova offered us a budget based rental of solar panels in which they maintain them for us which is another plus and fits within our budget. We were concerned about any maintenance and repairs that might occur but that worry is completely gone. They are solely responsible for whatever happens to the Panels that is beyond our control. This is the best program out there. As a mathematician the math adds up. I read the entire 32 pages of the contract and everything seemed legitimately good.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Liza Pereira, we are excited that to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to Solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feed back. ^JD

Mar. 24th, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Teri Perris, CA

Sunnova outlined everything for me in detail. I received emails with progress and what to expect at each phase. They arrived promptly when scheduled. All the employees from sales to install were friendly and helpful. The work was performed in a neat and orderly fashion and never a mess after they were gone. I am so very happy to have used this company for this large decision, I would recommend this company for anyone considering going Solar. Thank you for a job well done.

Reply from Sunnova

Good afternoon Teri, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mar. 4th, 2020

Ray V Cranston, RI

Sales person Bob F was fantastic. Unfortunately that's where the good ends. I had my panels set to be installed that were to cover the entire back half of my roof, when they did the install in April, there was a ton of empty space. I had to purchase an additional 5 panels and was told that would fill it. I then had to wait from April until late July to have my system turned on. August 1 I had the new panels arrive and I still have empty space on my roof. The 2nd group of installers informed me the wrong inverter was delivered and is not compatible with what smart green installed in April. I am still waiting and had to contact the corporate number to try to find out what is going on. The Installers left trash from the install strewn all over my yard and deck as well as left bags on my roof that were left for me to have to clean up

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Ray V, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

JOhn Johnson Miami, FL

The whole experience with sun nova was very smooth. The salesman made sure we understood everything. He would also reach out to see how things were going. The customer service rep kept us up to date with the whole process. Overall very happy with the whole thing.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello JOhn Johnson, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. *LS*

Jul. 29th, 2022

mary eisenhaur Medford, MA

From enrollment to connection the process was clear and seemless. All questions were addressed and answered immediately. Dave our salesman was informative and NOT pushy. He allowed us time to look over numbers and make an informed decision. Our concierge Sarah was fantastic, kept us 100% informed of our time line. All questions were answered immediately. Best decision ever to go with Trinity/Sunnova!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello mary eisenhaur, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *LS*

Jul. 14th, 2022

Wyatt Peoria, AZ

We bought a house in April 2022 that had a Sunnova solar system installed. Per their agreement, the sellers of the house had to pay them off, meaning we own the system after signing. It is now August 2022 and we still do not have an account on file with Sunnova. We (and the sellers) have started the process to switch accounts months ago. The worst part is, I have to keep calling Sunnova and then they ask for more and more stuff; they are never proactive and reach out to us. I just called again today and they told me that despite submitting everything required three weeks ago (finally), the transfer still hasn't gone through and it will take longer. So now I have to wait an unknown amount of time (because they wouldn't give me a time frame) all while having zero idea if my system is even functional. I am thankful I won't have to send a penny to these people, but I am terrified of the day I ever need service because I can already tell it'll take weeks. I highly recommend looking into another company.

1 day ago

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Wyatt, we are sorry to hear that. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at?*LS*

Aug. 9th, 2022

Terence Lovejoy New York, NY

CS is spotty, too many times you are placed on what the rep says is a 2-3 minute hold and it ends up being 10 or more minutes. Also often when you are placed on hold, you get disconnected and you don’t get a call back and have to wait in the que again.

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out, Terence Lovejoy! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent! ^ AG

James Burkhead Philadelphia, PA

The install went fast and easy but the switch over is still incomplete???? I’m told that our system is up and running , but we still don’t have a two way meter from our electric supplier. So as winter approaches we are going backwards

Reply from Sunnova

Hello James Burkhead, we are to help with your concerns regarding the meter. Could you be so kind to send an email to [email protected] with your system I D and a phone number where we can reach you at? **MV

Jul. 28th, 2022

Veramarie Cervellero Reading, PA

I had a very positive experience with all workers assigned to my project. It started with my first appointment that explained the presentation, was advised of all necessary appointments, all necessary paperwork filed with the township and electric company. Notified I'm advance of all scheduled days work would be done. I'm addition, thete was a person assigned do me due answering any questions and/us concerns that I gas along the way. Ya a side note, all Pamela were installed I'm one day.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Veramarie Cervellero, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Jun. 28th, 2022

damen milewski Philadelphia, PA

From the start my rep was super involved and laid back, I explained my situation with an insurance claim and he was working with me every step of the way. Christopher R never pressured me to move any faster than I felt like moving forward. The day came that my claim was dropped and everything was on me, he worked very hard to find me the best deal on a roof and was very transparent on the costs, I could say enough good thing about he approach and the work he did for me. The day came for the roof and solar to be installed. Absolute professionals, worked quick like a well oiled machine. The roofing crew left my yard cleaner than when they started. The solar crew came a few days later. They did an amazing job, im very picky and im satisfied with how clean the install went all the way down to the conduit being ran through the roof and out the soffit to the contactor. When I saw the level on the contactor box knew these guys were awesome. Very knowledgeable crew they even showed me something in my panel that wasnt quite right previously done and how to correct it. The engineers decided that bracing was needed. The guys came back and knocked it out, they asked if I was planning to turn the attic into a room cause they would adjust the bracing to accommodate that scenario. All in all I couldnt be happier with my sales and installers. The system is operating now but the weather hasnt been great to see the actual performance.

Thank you for the kind words, Damen. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

George S San Diego, CA

The installers that installed were fast and great, Got it approved fast. The system is wonderful. No problems. Thank you

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, George S.! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^AG

Michael G Indio, CA

BUYER BEWARE!!! I purchased a new construction home that included a Sunnova PV solar system. While the home was being built, their customer service called with annoying frequency (it was under construction, so they had no information to pass); if I didn’t answer the call (I have a job), they would insist, calling sometimes hourly until I picked up and listened to them reciting their scripted remarks. After we took possession of the home, the frequency continued, though the message changed—awaiting permission to operate from your utility company…” However, they stopped calling with that regularity just before the 90-day mark, when they sent the paperwork to request permission to operate…yes, it took 90 days for them to prepare the form. Then, they went silent. When I called to get an update, they started fabricating stories. One time I called, they said they that everything was ready and they were just waiting for final permission to operate. On another call, they said that their inspector had been out and there was a note about a placard missing from the system (I have security cameras and it had been nearly 2 months since the last visit of a Sunnova person)--I asked which placard was missing, then while on the phone, I went to my system and read that placard to the rep and every other one posted there (about 10-12 in total)--then, I went to an earlier section of the community to look at the placards on their systems which had been active for months to compare with mine and none were missing. The tech said that there should be nothing preventing my system from being active in the next 1-2 business days. Hearing nothing, I called again and was told that they had no record of a missing placard or of my call 2 days earlier, and that they were still waiting for the electric company inspection. Finally, I called the electric company myself, and learned that Sunnova was informed more than a month earlier that irrigation valves had been incorrectly placed, preventing them from permitting us to activate the system; the electric company forwarded me a copy of their email to Sunnova informing them of the issue. When I called Sunnova, they started the placard story again. I told the representative what the electric company had told me and she changed her story, then said that she wasn't supposed to discuss this with homeowners because it was between Sunnova and the electric company. At that point I reminded her that they were working on my behalf, that she was misinformed to think that I wasn't permitted to be informed about THE SYSTEM I PURCHASED FROM THEM, and demanded to speak to her supervisor. In the end, I coordinated with my builder to correct the placement of my irrigation valves (and the irrigation valves for the other 18 homes built in my phase of our development) and was granted permission to operate within 2 hours of submitting photos showing that the problem had corrected. Sunnova did absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue and had never contacted the builder to tell them that there was an issue; they had their $27k from my installation and didn't care whether my system was ever turned on. Bottom Line: DO NOT BUY SOLAR FROM SUNNOVA!!! You'd be better off buying the panels on your own and hiring people from the parking lot of your local box store to install them--you'd have the same level of service, but at least you wouldn't have paid top dollar for it! If you are stuck with them for whatever reason, don't trust a word they say, speak to the electric company yourself, and push them or they won't move.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Michael, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. +EC

Aug. 1st, 2022

Benjamin Sepulveda Wesley Chapel, FL

Originally, our sales person did a wonderful job of explaining how the system worked as well as the purchasing process and contractual nuances. Once we signed the contract, not only was the process going forward moving very slow, but communication was horrendous. Also, some of the additional perks promised have not been delivered and when we finally got an explanation as to the delay, we were provided with new reasons that had not been explained before. I cannot comment on how well the system works since it’s been active for about two weeks, but we are not impressed with the Customer Service and communication level.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback, Benjamin . Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a private message at [email protected] with your contact information. Thank you.^JD

Jun. 10th, 2022

Felipe Hurtado Los Angeles, CA

Everyone from the roofers to the solar installers did a great job. I’m very happy with how professional everyone was.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Felipe Hurtado! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^AG

Oudon Hayes St. Petersburg, FL

Thank you. Perhaps before you bill me. That you ensure the project is 100% complete. As it stands today. The safety inspection has failed 3 times. I am anxiously awaiting a new inspection date so the county inspector can sign off on it.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Oudon Hayes, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Daryl Muratori Miami, FL

Very efficient in the installation, time to get it up and running was another issue but mostly on HOA and City doing inspections.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your note, Daryl Muratori. We work hard to make sure you understand every part of our process. Thank you for helping us convert more homes into energy-saving power houses! *LS*

Aug. 3rd, 2022

Cm Piskula Northampton, PA

LACK of COMMUNICATION & UNDERSTANDING from start to finish! I CAN NOT recommend solar energy . I am now paying 4X’s more for my electricity than I did b4 I signed to renewable .

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Cm Piskula, we are happy to help. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

B Santos Muncy, PA

Very professional and prompt attention Very hard working crew who conducted the install All staff I dealt with were great!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello B. Santos , thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^AG

Jul. 26th, 2022

Robert Oldak McKees Rocks, PA

There should be zero star option. Worst company to deal ever with. I have system installed by Suntuity, who is also their warranty service provider and they buddy-buddy to to put customers in a black hole. It took Suntuity over a year to make system working after putting everything in place. However the backup battery was not working as I found out during power outage end of March. Going back and forth with Suntuity and not getting anywhere, I contacted Sunnova on April 18 to let them know that the system is not fully operational. Regardless, completely ignoring me, they started charging, no number of calls or emails made them to stop. They said they will give me a credit once they determine the problem. After number of emails and phone calls on June 24 they finally setup the service visit 7am-10am. On the very same day I checked my account on the portal and it said 1-3pm. I called them and they said indeed it is the latter one. I told them that I will not be able to be there, and I will be back home at 2pm. It didn't matter, tech showed up 1:15pm, didn't wait, and I was told later that it was too late to contact him. After way more aggravation, took them 1 month to reschedule the visit. You can't do it on the spot, they need to contact management. Today is the day (July 25), tech didn't show up, they have no clue, or contact with the tech, their solution is to inform management. Moreover, they will not call me back, I was told to call to find out, and can't have a phone number to manager. In the mean time they refuse ti give me any credit. If you go with Sunnova, expect to pay and be treated like you don't exist.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Robert Oldak, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. +EC

Jul. 26th, 2022

simon d guardiola Clovis, CA

The end result was horrible! I was told that my bill rate would stay the same . That has not been the case! I now receive two bills! The one I always receive at the current flat rate of $195 per month to increase at approximately 2.9% annually. And now I receive a second usage bill monthly at over $225 per month, over doubling my cost! I tried calling your office to talk to a person in charge. The call was returned but I was in a meeting so, we set a call back time for the following day. The call never came. I am very dissatisfied with whole operation of your company and feel that I have been lied to from the instalation to billing!!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Simon D. Guardiola, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jul. 25th, 2022

Laura Hill Berwick, PA

The guys that came to do the installation were all very very professional and polite. As for Lona the lady who sold me the solar panels, she does not answer my texts/questions anymore since she already got my business. Sad!!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Laura Hill! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly. ^AG

Jun. 28th, 2022

Neil Silberkleit Oxford, CT

I can't really rate Sunnova since my experience is very limited - I am disappointed that no one seems to know the battery system we installed and I am not convinced it is working at peak efficiency since the max power we have generated is around 6.5Kw with and 11.5 Kw system this is on a bight sunny day. We love the battery concept! We don't seem to generate any power back to the grid even though out house uses only 3-4Kw max right now. We put in a service ticket days ago and still waiting for a response from a tech to look at he system and answer question we have!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Neil Silberkleit, we are happy to help. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jun. 20th, 2022

John Donlon Cromwell, CT

Communication was good. Trinity personnel were polite and did an excellent job. Cleanup was excellent. Sunnova did a great job coordinating all appointments and inspections. Now I will wait and see if my savings are what was promised ‘!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello John Donlon, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Linda Yates North Adams, MA

I liked that I was able to do business with emails so I wasn't taking time away from other things. I also liked how they made me feel I could call if I had questions and get answers. They were faster than I expected with pulling permits and , well, just everything. I was also impressed that they sent me the incentive they spoke about. I thought it was a gimmick,

Thank you for the kind words, Linda. Welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^JD

May. 2nd, 2022

Ed Dubiel Methuen, MA

Entire crew from sales to implementation did an excellent profession job. Answered all my questions and resolved any issues quickly to ensure timely implementation of the system. Excellent communications and teamwork throughout the project.

Thank you for the kind words, Ed. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

Jan. 12th, 2022

Shawn Connors Holliston, MA

They were great to work with. Included a new roof in my lease too. Their Master Electrician fixed many issues in my existing panel and made the entire panel more efficient and neat. The install crew was very professional and neat as well. I would highly recommend Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Shawn, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^JD

Nov. 16th, 2021

Errica Tampa, FL

Great company! Easy to understand process. Everything was seamless from start to finish. Recommend to anyone who wants to save money!!!

Hello Errica , thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^AG

Jul. 20th, 2022

King Made Ontario, CA

Great experience got my solar panels installed and now saving money on my electric bill. Solar panels look great on my roof.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi King Made! We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *LS*

Jul. 18th, 2022

Hank Zackin Manahawkin, NJ

Great knowledgeable and professional representative. Prompt response to questions. Good follow-up and monitoring of accounts

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Hank Zackin, thank you for your positive words. Thank you for being part of our family here at Sunnova! **MV

Jul. 15th, 2022

Marily Fuller Naples, FL

They helped me by walking me through steps of what I needed to do and gave me reassurance that this was a good idea and help set up my accounts

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Marily Fuller! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^AG

Jul. 15th, 2022

AL IL

Panel caused a leak in my roof. Instead of 3-5 days to get a response to my claim, it took 12 days and only because I called to get an update after having escalating the case a week prior to no avail. My warranty expired (only 1 year apparently) and now I have to wait 1 to 2 weeks to get a quote to have someone remove the panels while the roofer does the necessary repairs. Still no resolution and no end in sight.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello AL, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible for you to send us information to [email protected] so we can investigate this issue? We would only need a valid phone number of the customer or a system ID. Please know that we take this matter seriously and look forward resolving this for you. *LS*

Jul. 14th, 2022

Sal Rivera Boston, MA

So far I feel like I've been scammed! I was told I'd pay 135 a month now I get an email saying I'll be getting a second bill from national grid as well! Nice to know now after the fact. And where the hell is my check I was promised?

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Sal Rivera, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected]nnova.com with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jul. 5th, 2022

Tommie Smith Sun City Center, FL

From start to finish the process has been handled in a timely manner! The customer service was good as well as the installation process. Thanks for making the transition easy!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Tommie Smith! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^AG

Jul. 5th, 2022

Dog Lover678 Subscribe Atglen, PA

Scott S explained everything right to the point and love that you can transfer ownership if you sell the house to the new owners so not really tied down to just that system

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Dog Lover678, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^ LS

Jun. 24th, 2022

xavier pietri Plainville, CT

They were ahead of schedule with the installation, professional, they cleaned up after themselves, and explained everything. The only issue we had was a holdup with Eversource when we were ready to change over to Solar.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Xavier Pietri! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^ SG

Jun. 22nd, 2022

PJS Washington, DC

DO NOT LEASE SOLAR PANELS FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I'm 3 years into a 25 year lease contract with this company. The sales rep convinced me that the way this works is that at the end of my 25 year lease WE WOULD OWN THE SYSTEM. He told me that. He told my sister that about her system. He told my parents that about their system. The lease agreement states that the panels will be REMOVED if we do not choose to renew after 25 years! Also, I don't remember the logic about this.... but the rate is set to increase every single year regardless of what the utility company is doing. So you're STUCK with their high rate at a certain point. You have panels that are going to degrade year by year, but you have to pay MORE year by year to lease them. Finally, if I sell the house... I AM STUCK unless the buyer is willing to assume the rest of the lease agreement. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE RAW DEAL!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello PJS, we are happy to help. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^ LS

Jun. 17th, 2022

Louise Spera Pitman, NJ

Their representative Casey S was very good. Answered all our questions very clearly. The installation was fast and professional. We would recommend this company

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Louise Spera, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Jun. 14th, 2022

Bluzey24 Hartford, CT

The customer service has been great. However, scheduling seems to be confusing. I’ve had people show up out of the blue to make updates, and they weren’t scheduled to come out for another week. Also, one of my panels has some discoloration.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bluzey, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. +EC

May. 31st, 2022

Larry Bland Mansfield, TX

I got what I wanted and they kept me well appraised of every step of the operation. The generator that was chosen has caused tool envy among my neighbors. Evidently it came with everything except a can of gasoline!

Thank you for the kind words, Larry. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

May. 25th, 2022

Rudy Matthaei Ennis, TX

The company is very forthright in providing information as to what their system will and will not do. Their solar system is producing and off-setting my electric bill as expected.

Hello Rudy Matthaei, thank you for your kind words. **MV

May. 24th, 2022

Bonnie Krenz Plano, TX

Wilson was very knowledgeable regarding they system and answered all of your questions! Install of battery, panels and breaker box was so easy and seem less. I recommended Sunnova to everyone!

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Bonnie Krenz, we appreciate your review. Thank you for being part of Sunnova! **MV

May. 20th, 2022

Paul Picken Ledyard, CT

Just so happy with seamless transition. We are in our 3rd year. Only had to call for service once. Sunnova responded very quickly to rectify the issue. One panel was not producing due to micro inverter. They responded with a quick switch over. Was amazed at the technology that the repair man knew exactly which one it was as it showed on his phone app..

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you Paul]! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to Sunnova family! ^vb

May. 24th, 2021

Tom & Gina Piper Blandford, MA

Everyone from start to finish was polite and professional. They said that my roof needed replacement and did the replacement at no cost to me. The electricians and the carpenters were great, they spread grass seed where they had to dig to bury the cable. The customer service always called to give updates and things that we needed to do for the hookups.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Piper, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback!^JD

Jun. 16th, 2020

Tom Toms River, NJ

Excellent service in every way. I’ve had my panels for six months and I love it! So happy I did this.

Hello Tom , thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^AG

Jul. 20th, 2022

donna carter Oceanside, CA

they came in and did what they said they would do in a timely manor, they stayed in commutation with us. every body was very professional.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Donna Carter! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! ^AG

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Lorie Brown San Francisco, CA

Well I don't have much to say it's that I love my pg&e bill $00000 dollar's I'm loving it my cool Air and the heat is on ❤️

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Lorie Brown, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Gwen Shaw Waco, TX

They were honest. They did the things that they said they would do. They were on schedule with all of the steps to the finish line.

Reply from Sunnova

-Hello Gwen, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! +EC

Jun. 16th, 2022

Michael K Ross Corona, CA

Customer service here is the absolute worst. I have been trying to resolve my inability to log in to the customer portal. I am in the process of getting a Heloc in order to make some home improvements at our home. I have been trying to resolve the portal issue and after contacting the customer service (joke) number I was told to call back in 36 hours and it would be resolved. After 48 hours I provided the case number and it was still not resolved and the resolution was to call back in 24 hours as the person on the line said I have to send in a request to fix it, the same thing I was told 48 hours prior. The only thing holding up the Heloc is Sunnova just like they were the only ones holding up the sale of our home. We have been held hostage by their poor customer service too many times. Whatever you do, I am literally beggin you, go with another company. You will regret signing the lease the day you sign it.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Michael K Ross, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jun. 6th, 2022

Bryan Hiatt Lincoln, CA

Every step of going solar was easy and everyone we spoke to were very helpful and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. A pleasant experience.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bryan Hiatt, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Edmond G Edwards Jr Temecula, CA

Do not purchase through this company or their affiliates - absolutely the worst experience I've had on a major purchase. I recommend Solar, just not through Sunnova. Just a few reasons why I feel the way I do. We purchased Solar (Nov 2021) installed May 2022, Originally they wanted to replace the underlayment only where the panels would be, that started my nightmare. They wound up doing the entire mounting plane, I still do not like the roofing work done on my house. Workers have no respect for your house or property. They broke tiles, replace tiles and I still have broke tiles on my roof, they left a mess, I had to clean up. Now way I'd recommend this company to anyone. I have a Solar Edge Inverter (good thing) I can't access the real time data it gives which is (ridiculous). The Sunnova app, is absolutely useless, no realtime data - that's what they want you to have "no information" on your solar system. I'm still trying to resolve why the removed my 125amp service breaker, and installed a 100amp breaker, they removed my 40amp solar breaker which was installed when the system was completed, and removed the 40amp and installed a 35amp breaker. Waiting on our signing bonus (not certain) when or if we'll receive it. Be careful, they'll tell you no need to be present for inspections, or when the install the system, you better stay home like I did, they try to cut corners even in your presents. The system is over priced, now I know "don't be deceived" I was. I am not happy with the entire process or service provided thus far.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Edmond, thank you for reaching. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send us a private message to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you.^JD