Sunnova

9.5

LAST UPDATED: November 30th, 2023

Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country.

The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, and that is inclusive of roof penetrations.

Furthermore, the Sunnova Adaptive Home™ solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner.

Sunnova offers a number of attractive financing and ownership models, but conditions do apply.

Read on for a comprehensive look at what Sunnova has to offer: what customers are saying, where it excels, how it can improve, and what prospective customers can expect overall.

The Good

• Robust 25-Year Warranty
  • Diverse Energy Solutions
  • Flexible Financing and Ownership Models
  • Proven Longevity in the Industry
  • Overall Positive Customer Sentiment
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Robust 25-Year Warranty

Sunnova offers an above-average 25-year warranty that covers various aspects of solar systems, including roof penetration and a production guarantee. This comprehensive warranty showcases the company's commitment to standing behind its products and services for the long term. (For context, many solar companies offer only a 10–12 year workmanship warranty covering roof damages.)

Sunnova's comprehensive monitoring services, available 24/7, allow customers to track their system's performance and energy production. The integration of production data and easy account management through an online portal ensures that homeowners can effectively manage their solar systems and utilize warranty coverage if needed.

Diverse Energy Solutions

Beyond solar power, Sunnova extends its offerings to include battery storage, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, and the Sunnova Adaptive Home™ concept. The company's innovative approach enables customers to harness the power of solar energy for both their homes and EVs, further enhancing their sustainability efforts.

Flexible Financing and Ownership Models

Sunnova provides customers with a trio of financing options: Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), equipment lease, or financing with low Annual Percentage Rates (APRs).

A PPA requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. With the standard lease option, the customer essentially rents the panels from Sunnova. With both PPAs and equipment leases, Sunnova retains ownership of the equipment, allowing customers to benefit from clean energy without the upfront costs of equipment ownership.

The company's financing option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will fully own the solar power system.

Proven Longevity in the Industry

Having been founded in 2012 and successfully surpassing the 10-year mark, Sunnova's longevity underscores its stability and experience in the solar industry. In general, company longevity often translates into the ability to navigate the ever-changing landscape of renewable energy while relying on reputational strengths.

Overall Positive Customer Sentiment

Sunnova garners an overwhelmingly positive sentiment from its customer base, a testament to its commitment to excellent customer service and efficiency. While a few negative reviews exist, the company's proactive response to these concerns demonstrates a dedication to resolving issues and utilizing feedback to improve its processes.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options. The customer can do one of the following:

1. Transfer the service agreement over to the new owner,
  2. Pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or
  3. Move the system to a new address.

This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for the PPA option, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova has a simple mission: provide competitive solar solutions across several states.  and offers a variety of financing options, including a cash purchase, a solar lease, or a PPA.

From flexible financing options to a strong customer service ethos, the company strives to make solar power accessible and hassle-free. The inclusion of diverse energy solutions, comprehensive warranties, and monitoring services further solidify Sunnova's position as a contender in the solar industry.

While it's essential to consider factors such as ownership models and the varying nature of customer feedback, Sunnova's commitment to innovation and sustainability makes it a promising option for those looking to embrace clean energy solutions and reduce their environmental impact.

As with any significant decision, prospective customers are encouraged to research thoroughly and consult with solar professionals to ensure the best fit for their specific needs. You’ll find nearly 3,000 Sunnova reviews below.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from

Sunnova

At Sunnova, our mission is simple — to power energy independence. And we are deeply passionate about providing homeowners with a real choice when it comes to powering their homes with cleaner, more sustainable and affordable energy solutions. We are equally committed to creating trusted, long-term relationships with our customers, as they are the very heart of our business.

Every day, our customers welcome us, in very real ways, onto and into their homes, and this relationship begins with our trusted sales, installation, and service dealers. While there are many things that set Sunnova apart from other energy providers, one of the biggest is our dealer business model. We work with a very select group of established local solar installers who have comprehensive knowledge of their markets, enabling us to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.

Sunnova offers options for every homeowner to help customers gain energy independence and lower their annual utility costs. Sunnova customers in most states enjoy guaranteed energy production, system monitoring, and a best-in-class 25-year warranty.

If you’re ready to take the first step, learning more about the financial impact that solar will have on your household in your area, Sunnova is the perfect place to start.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Liza Pereira Deltona, FL

We had many companies come to our house and try to sell us solar panels one even tried to rent solar panels to us but they were not within our budget. Sunova is the only one who offered us exactly what we needed. We are pre-senior citizens and are looking at a fixed budget in which we needed solar panels in order to make sure that our quality of life is not compromised because of the soaring electric rates. So nova offered us a budget based rental of solar panels in which they maintain them for us which is another plus and fits within our budget. We were concerned about any maintenance and repairs that might occur but that worry is completely gone. They are solely responsible for whatever happens to the Panels that is beyond our control. This is the best program out there. As a mathematician the math adds up. I read the entire 32 pages of the contract and everything seemed legitimately good.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Liza Pereira, we are excited that to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to Solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feed back. ^JD

Mar. 24th, 2020

Bizman Joe

The Icon/Sunnova sales rep was very straight forward and honest unlike some of the other solar sales reps I had encountered from other companies. He was very genuine and his continuing follow ups kept me in the loop. The installers were also on point and friendly guys. I liked that tue installation crew was from the company amd not a 3rd party installer. All start up instructions were sent via email amd if I had any questions, they were quickly answered via text or call from the sales rep and/or corporate support. In the first few days I'm already seeing energy generation credits vs. consumption, so I'm happy.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bizman Joe,please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible service.

Leona Beltran North Bergen, NJ

I have electricity no matter what happens with the electric company and I am contributing to less contamination in the world. The technicians came several times to the house and were very polite and well versed and took the time to explain to us how to fix the little problems that had occurred. They were very patient with us.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Leona Beltran, congratulations on becoming part of the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you with us. At Sunnova, we strive to make the switch to solar a smooth and hassle-free journey, and it's fantastic to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to ensure your solar journey is nothing short of exceptional. Welcome aboard!

Penny Aube Columbus, OH

Everything went smoothly with Sunova. They told us when our solar was working. The other we wished that we didn’t have to lease the solar, cause if you want to sell your house, you have to tell the buyer that they have to take over the payments .

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings Penny Aube a warm welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make the process of switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. We appreciate your positive feedback and are here to provide ongoing support. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Jeff Golden Clovis, CA

The process of getting solar up and running after purchasing our home was fairly seamless. After the electric provider approved the solar, it was switched on automatically...pretty neat. I can check my electric provider and they show the power that has been generated by the panels compared to consumption from the grid. The app works pretty well, but it does seem like the current production is behind a while (not sure if it's 30 mins, an hour or more). I don't yet have a full week's worth of data, so it might be due to that.

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jeff Golden. Our commitment is to help ensure you have a clear understanding of every step in our process. Your feedback & engagement are instrumental in helping us empower more homes with energy-saving solutions. We appreciate your support!

Janet MEYERS Las Vegas, NV

From the beginning to the end Phil was awesome and bent over backwards for us. The installers were very professional too and respected my roof and yard. The communication between Mars and the workers were not so great. Everytime I had an issue I would write Mars and Phil and Phil would answer first and Mars would answer days later. I had issues trying to turn on my solar and it was a Friday and I wrote Mars and Phil. Phil came out at 8pm had to use flashlight but he got me on. It took Mars 3 days later to tell me he would send someone out. I told him Phil already did it. All in all if it weren't for Phil not sure I would recommend Kayo. But he helped me when I panicked as I am elderly and he jumped when I called or texted and found my answers. I had workers just show up without cal or text first and I wasn't happy. I texted Mars and it took him awhile to respond he said he wasn't notified they were coming. Not I'm sorry. Mars had an attitude from the Start I felt. He did nothing for me. Honestly it was Phil from Start to finish. I am very happy with my solar and how it looks on the roof. The wire guys for pigeons were great too.

3 weeks ago Edited November 27, 2023

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Janet Myers, We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it helps us identify areas where we can improve. Rest assured that our team is actively looking into your account and the concerns you've raised. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Glenn Billingsley Danbury, CT

Sunnova installed solar panels in one day, but broke a window in our existing sunroom. They offered to reimburse us, but the process of finding a company willing to make this repair was very time-consuming, and the repair is not guaranteed.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Glenn Billingsley, please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible service.

CAROLYN DANIELS

Your sales people are very professional and thorough. The men who installed the solar panels were very good. The electrician was very nice. My only suggestion for improvement is follow through. I had to make several reminder calls letting you know that Ameren had not come out after everything was installed, and I called to let you know of an error message showing up on your app. I was told wires were crossed and someone would come out to check the wires. Still waiting.

Reply from Sunnova

Carolyn Daniels, thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We're thrilled that you've made the decision to embrace solar energy and become a part of our mission to Power Energy Independence™. Thanks for your dedication to a greener and more sustainable future. We're excited to have you as part of the Sunnova family!

Jim Kemp Loveland, OH

I was highly impressed with the professionalism and knowledge that both of your technicians exhibited. I come from a large international corporation, SIEMENS , that also embodies a great customer interface and expectations of total, I mean total, customer satisfaction. Very well done Sunnova. Kudos for everyone associated with customer interface.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jim Kemp welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Pamela Rodgers Dayville, CT

From my first meeting with my Trinity Solar salesman Jonathan L, to the day I was finally able to flip on that lever turning on my system, it was great working with Trinity/Sunnova. While I was impatient with the length of time that various entities (the town, the electric company) seemed to require for their inspections, they did finally get through their tasks. Some of the delay was due to other work (roof, tree removal, electrical panel relocation) required before the system could be installed also added to the overall wait. At the end of it all, I’m very appreciative that this company allowed me to hire my own (other) companies for these jobs and that I own my system from day one, with my loan through Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings, Pamela Rodgers , and welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Oct. 25th, 2023

Carol Markowitz

I had an outstanding experience with Sunnova and Our World Energy. Christian, my salesperson, was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. The installation of my new Air Conditioning Unit and solar panels was carried out efficiently by a quick and polite crew. The professionalism of everyone involved was commendable, and they promptly addressed any hiccups that arose. I'm particularly grateful to Meldred, my project manager, who kept me well-informed and promptly answered all my questions. The entire process, from start to finish, only took 2 months, and the permitting with my city and electric company went smoothly. My solar unit is now up and running, and even in 100-degree heat, it has reduced my reliance on the electrical grid to 0%. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Kudos to Sunnova and Our World Energy for their excellent service!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Carol! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Oct. 9th, 2023

Kvangerven Tampa, FL

Atrocious company! They basically are attempting to scam me! Contracted for solar, heat pump, and main electrical upgrade. They installed an AC, wrong SEER and manufacturer, and didn’t install a new main electrical, which I was told was necessary to pass inspection. My solar was installed, 12 months later than what I was told, and 15 months from contract signing (breach of contract). Sunnova refuses to complete my install but expects payment. I am unable to pay for services not received. Sunnova has literally attacked me, connected bank account to autopay without approval, reported me to credit bureaus, filed a UCC against my home, and trespassed on my property to shut the panels off. Try to call a manager, good luck, you have to leave your number and pray they call you back (if they do it’s usually a week after your original, if you miss them tough luck). Try to send legal documents representing yourself, good luck, they told me they won’t respond unless you have a lawyer. This company is absolutely horrible and they come from fraudulent backgrounds. Avoid at all costs. They cast large rain clouds over the solar industry.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kvangerven, please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible resolution.

Jesus Benavides Citrus Heights, CA

System goes offline and I can’t tell if it is working or not. My phone gets unpaired also. This system has communications issues and we can’t rely on it to see what if anything it is doing. We don’t know if we’re getting any solar power or if the battery is being charged. I would like to have someone contact me at home to correct these issues.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jesus Benavides, please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible resolution.

Nov. 29th, 2023

Deidre Ingvardsen Houston, TX

Generac scheduled an appointment with Sunnova on our behalf because our solar panels and battery pack isn’t working again. I confirmed visit and stayed home all day and no one showed. I called Sunnova and they said their technicians arrived at my address and I wasn’t home and there were no solar panels at my location. No one called me that day. They had “closed our case”. I called Generac back the next day and Sunnova, yet to get a new appointment. 90k worth of regret here. Install was a nightmare and never had worked properly. Parts under warranty but can’t get serviced. Installer won’t answer calls. 2008 we had solar panels (Whilhite Energy) and they worked perfect, good service. Always worked. Steer clear of Sunnova

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Deidre Ingvardsen, please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible resolution.

Marvin Hoar North Hills, CA

Your employee that service my solar system where extremly courtus and very help full. They Completed the job on time and left the area spotless. I give the 5 stars out of 5 stars

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Marvin Hoar, We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it helps us identify areas where we can improve. Rest assured that our team is actively looking into your account and the concerns you've raised. We understand the importance of addressing your issues promptly, and one of our dedicated agents will be in touch with you shortly to discuss and help resolve the matter. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Rod Martin (Rod Martin Fishing) Holiday, FL

Lack of communication by the sales person, having to commit to insurance after all paperwork done and panels installed. I planned my solar payment to be slightly less than my power bill . Since I was NOT told of a requirement for insurance I am paying more . I hope since solar is a fixed payment and the power company is not that will change on the next price increase by the power company

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Rod Martin, We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it helps us identify areas where we can improve. Rest assured that our team is actively looking into the concerns you've raised. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kevin mitchrll Pembroke, MA

After the initial Installation of electrician, where he put the boxes on the front of the house. The owner worked with me? To move the switching box into the garage and the power switch to the side of the house, removing it from the front of the house, which was an eye sore. Thank you

Reply from Sunnova

Kevin mitchrll, thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We're thrilled that you've made the decision to embrace solar energy and become a part of our mission to Power Energy Independence™. Thanks for your dedication to a greener and more sustainable future. We're excited to have you as part of the Sunnova family!

Tootsie Wayne, PA

No updates we are a new owner of solar and still waiting for new bill from previous company. We are hoping to see a different bill with the option of a new roof at the same time as adding solar. The installation was quick and completed within two days. Very fast and very complete.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi, Tootsie. we appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to welcome you to the Sunnova family!

Robert Luke

Didn’t like the wait time and confusion between the office and their workers Did not like the fact that no one called me all day To let me know they would not be coming out to my house I waited at home from 7 am to 7 pm And lost a hole days pay Next time please call if your not going make it for that appointment The other thing I didn’t like was the fact that your repair men was walking on my solar panels He stepped on the corner of one panel that ruched the roof. I hope there was no damage to that panel The other thing I had to tell one person to get the wires up off the shingles He did lift u the wires up but did not use any wire ties. So I guess I’ll have to do that myself One thing more One guy was doing all the work and the other didn’t do much because he was on his phone most of the time Wish I had a better report for you Hope this helps Luke

Reply from Sunnova

Hello, Robert Luke. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please email us your full name and system ID to [email protected]. Thank you for your understanding and patience. We look forward to the opportunity to address your concerns and ensure that you have a positive experience with us.

I. Smile Alot Philadelphia, PA

Knowledgeable sales rep and a well oiled team all the way around. Communication was regular and respectful of my time. Installation went smooth as glass and that includes a snafu where they discovered my breaker box had been incorrectly installed. Their electrician was so knowledgeable and professional he just notified me of the problem, showed me the problem and switched to plan B without so much as a hiccup. Even after the installation I was kept in the loop regarding inspection and the actual turn on of my system. Thank you Sunnova!

Reply from Sunnova

I. Smile Alot, thanks for your message. We take great pride in providing you with a comprehensive understanding of our process. Your active participation is invaluable in our mission to transform more homes into energy-saving powerhouses

Oct. 27th, 2023

Paul Holland Jr Wallingford, CT

They did an absolutely fantastic job. Installing solar on our house and carriage house. It was a difficult installation which required 3 1/2 days due to the fact that there were panels in two places on our house and two places on our carriage house; for a total of four banks of panels. Using Pre-existing conduit pipes that we had in our home., they were able to hide all wires with absolutely no wires on the exterior of the house. Sunnova was fantastic.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Paul! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Oct. 6th, 2023

Jean Barry

I’m writing this review because of the negative feedback I keep hearing from people that I talk to about getting solar. I tell people that I have had a positive experience dealing with Sonnova throughout the entire process of getting solar installed. First of all the rep I spoke with told me over and over to talk with him about any problems I may have and especially any problems other folks tell me I’m going to have and he will explain how Sonnova’s crews address it if it’s a factual problem or he will explain why it is a made up problem. Along with great communication ever person/ crew that was involved with the process was professional and explained their piece of the Solar process from the tree service and roofers to the Solar staff. Even the amount of time it was going to take to get the solar up and running (3mos) was explained step by step as each item was being addressed. So if you are looking at getting solar contact Sonnova. So far I help my mom through the process and I was so impressed that I got the ball rolling immediately for my home then my neighbor and my brother.

2 months ago Edited September 28, 2023

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Jean! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Joanne McMillan Toback

I shopped solar companies for about 3 years and hadn't yet come across one that made sense to go with. So many variables....lease or purchase?....how reputable is the company?....was the sales rep ethical and honest, or at least seemed so?....what about resale of my house and it's effect on my solar contract?....what are those variables?....and what governs resale value?....what will I pay the solar company monthly, and how often will that change?....what will I be guaranteed?....what will I pay my electric company and how will I sell back my unused power? Well, after many presentations, price quotes, questions answered, and other investigatory steps on my end, Sunnova was the one company that made sense to me all around! Before signing, I sent my contract to two individuals for their opinion on it (one was definitely advising that I NOT go with solar....until they read the Sunnova contract). I also knocked on many of my neighbors doors to get their input on their own (other) solar systems. Before I even met with the sales rep (who was also awesome in many ways) I had done a 2-year financial evaluation of my utility bills, so I was very aware of what I had been paying before. Throughout the sales process, whenever I needed more information or questions answered, the sales rep was very responsive, professional and prompt. I even reached out to the regional manager for a couple of other questions, and received a phone call on a Friday night at 8 pm! Then, after I gave them the "thumbs up", I paid NOTHING out of pocket - ZERO. They even removed a tree to improve my sun exposure, at NO cost to me. My lease payment will NEVER change - not ever, in 25 years, and my electric bill has been $4.95 every month since my solar went live (that's a service charge from PSE&G). What more could you possibly want for installing an ecologically friendly, non-polluting, safe and effective source of power for your home? Sunnova "dotted all the I's" and "crossed all the T's" for me. If you have been considering Solar for your home, what are you waiting for? Call Sunnova. I highly recommend Sunnova for your Solar Company!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Joanne, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback

Sep. 15th, 2023

Jennifer Ball Phoenix, AZ

Customer Review Video

2 months ago Edited September 6, 2023

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jennifer Ball, we are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *LG*

Jun. 7th, 2023

Miguel Mondragon

The system works great however whenever I try to get in contact with ANYONE regarding me getting my money reimbursed for the inspection that I had done by my electricity provider I don’t hear back. I was told I would be getting that money I paid back and have yet.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Miguel Mondragon, We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it helps us identify areas where we can improve. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] with your system ID and phone number. Thank you for your understanding and patience. We look forward to the opportunity to address your concerns and ensure that you have a positive experience with us.

Bob Carr

It took 7 months to resolve a service call. Sunnova failed miserably at communicating, had they asked the right questions, it would have been resolved on the first day. They needed fall protection gear to service my panels. They wrote up ticket as needing materials instead. When you call in to get the service call complete, the clowns that answer the phone can't connect you to the right people because they're waiting on materials. No amount of talking will get them past this miswritten condition. Successive crews come out with fall protection only to discover that it is incompatible with the roof. They leave, another crew comes out, discover their gear won't work. Rinse repeat. I suggest that they give me sufficient notice and I can have a bucket truck waiting. Nope, they show up unannounced. The final attempt, they finally are trying to resolve this with management, and while doing some idle talking, it's discovered that they didn't need to replace or check anything because the part they are checking is the updated part. They never took the time to talk and find out. I would jot recommend Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bob Carr, please send us an email with your system ID or case number to [email protected] so that we can access your account details and provide you with tailored assistance. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with the best possible resolution.

Estefanie Franco

The experience was made better by all the employees assigned to my case. Friendly, diligent, knowledgeable. Easy process, great price and high technology.

1 week ago Edited November 21, 2023

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Estefanie Franco, welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Nov. 22nd, 2023

Xueli Liu Houston, TX

The system has been working great so far for a month, and our electric bill indeed decreased for 75%. Would recommend going solar if you get a lot of sun on your roof for both the cost and environment friendliness.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Xueli Liu, congratulations on becoming part of the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you with us. At Sunnova, we strive to make the switch to solar a smooth and hassle-free journey, and it's fantastic to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to ensure your solar journey is nothing short of exceptional. Welcome aboard!

Nov. 13th, 2023

Geary Thomas Tucson, AZ

Outstanding team of installers, support, and sales teams !!! From beginning to ending, they’re to answer your questions. After many years of research, best equipment available!🤓

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Geary Thomas, welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works to ensure a seamless transition to solar & we're delighted to hear about your experience. Thanks for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Nov. 11th, 2023

Kathy Elwell Temple, TX

Installers arrived on time and finished sooner than expected. Supposedly had an issue with the system but when a technician came out, found it was due to having 2 systems and not a problem... Highly satisfied!!!

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings Kathy Elwell, a warm welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make the process of switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. We appreciate your positive feedback and are here to provide ongoing support. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Nov. 10th, 2023

Becky Guidry Henderson, NV

So far the process has been smooth. Our sales manager Zak is very responsive. My only complaint was around a delay due to failing the first inspection by the power company- something that absolutely could have been avoided (we were not notified by anyone to remove a tree that was too close to the breaker box/meter)

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Becky Guidry, welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Nov. 10th, 2023

Bill Johnson Tucson, AZ

Very professional. Super job all around. The installation was great, knowledgeable and friendly techs did it in a day and the panels and electronic hook ups looked and performed great. I reccomend Sunova highly.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bill Johnson, welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Barry Pitcock Panama City, FL

Everything went smooth from start to finish; and all the people involved were fabulous also. Now just to wait and see how much electricity the panels produce, and how much my new FPL bill will be.

Reply from Sunnova

We value your view, Barry Pitcock. Our aim is for you to fully comprehend each step of our process. Your feedback and involvement are essential to enable us to offer energy-saving solutions to more homes. We are truly appreciative of your support!

Carl Silkey Worcester, MA

Very good company who stays in touch to get the system installed and operating. The system just went live this month. It's October and seeing good generation from part of the system not blocked by trees. Would recommend for others who are looking for solar panels. I didn't go with battery back up so no feedback on that part of their offering.

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings Carl Silkey, a warm welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make the process of switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. We appreciate your positive feedback and are here to provide ongoing support. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Judy Cote

Sunnova was easy to deal with, with no issues. No heavy lifting on my end. That was nice. Kept me up to date the entire time. Always available to answer any questions. Would highly recommend them. The system is up and running and I am able to monitor my system in the app. they provide.

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings Judy Cote, a warm welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make the process of switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. We appreciate your positive feedback and are here to provide ongoing support. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Kim Roden

I have been very pleased with my conversion to solar. It can be a timely process to get everything set-up but the company is honest about this which I sincerely appreciated. Everyone was knowledgeable and professional. Would definitely recommend ( and have) this company if you are considering Solar!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kim Roden, welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Maria Noda Davenport, FL

The construction took a long time to complete which was annoying. The quality was great and the personnel was also great. There were some issues with getting the panels on the roof but the crew figured it out. They initially got stuck in the retention pond which was a terrible idea anyway.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Maria Noda , We appreciate your feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Thank you for choosing Sunnova, as we are committed to providing you with the best experience.

Oct. 25th, 2023

Joanne MacPhee Panama City, FL

We have been very happy with Sunova! Our sales rep Aubrey C was both professional and personable. The install team were terrific, and support staff have been there to assist us every step of the way! Very happy with everything We highly recommend Sunova.

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings, Joanne MacPhee , a warm welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make the process of switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. We appreciate your positive feedback and are here to provide ongoing support. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Oct. 19th, 2023

Ronda Gryniuk Albuquerque, NM

All personnel that we dealt with were professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They were punctual for their appointments. They explained information we did not understand in terms that we could. Our expectations were attained. We highly recommend this company over others for your solar needs.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello , Ronda Gryniuk, Welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Oct. 16th, 2023

Jerry Reynolds Tampa, FL

Very little communication from the start. I hope my system is doing what it is supposed to but no analysis from anyone so far. Not sure when my first payment is due and how much to r pect from TECO. Ruben A from Protec said that my deficit balance with Teco because of my levelized payment would be taken care of and he promised a $250 Visa for being a senior and another $250 Visa for being a veteran. I’ve tried to contact him about this but no luck!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Jerry Reynolds, Thank you for your feedback; it's invaluable to us in improving our services. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please contact us at [email protected]. We would love to address your concerns.We appreciate your understanding and patience and are eager to help ensure you have a positive experience with us.

Oct. 12th, 2023

Kathleen Knochel Pittsburgh, PA

We have just gone online with our new solar panels. Things are beginning to payoff. Everything from the beginning has been seamless. Our salesman Garrett was exceptional. Explained everything in great detail. The support staff handled all the paperwork and the installers were also very good. Glad we went with the Sunnova group.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Kathleen! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Oct. 9th, 2023

Scott

From the first call, to the appointment with Allison, to the site evaluation, to the installation, to the activation, everything promised was delivered. Our system is up and running and producing more than we’re consuming. We are extremely satisfied and will refer others to Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Greetings, Scott, and welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're genuinely excited to have you join us. Our goal is to make switching to solar as hassle-free as possible, and we're thrilled that your experience reflects our dedication. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!

Oct. 5th, 2023

Bert Labrador

Technicians promptly arrived at all scheduled appointments. Every step taken during installation was relayed to the homeowner (me). So far, everything is running smoothly since my solar activation a month ago, and I do not anticipate any issues.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Bert Labrador ,welcome to the Sunnova Family! We're thrilled to have you on board. Our team works tirelessly to ensure a seamless transition to solar, and we're delighted to hear that your experience aligns with our commitment to excellence. Thank you for the positive feedback. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Oct. 4th, 2023

Waleska Bolzan Orlando, FL

I didn't like the fact that at the time of installation I was charged fifteen hundred dollars for some part that was supposedly not included in my contract. I thought it was bad faith and thought about canceling everything. The person who charged me said he would pay out of his own pocket. I didn't understand what happened and I didn't like it. I also didn't like the fact that one of the installers used my bathroom. He used it and left the toilet all dirty.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Waleska Bolzan, and Thank you for reaching out and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had. Your feedback and engagement are instrumental in helping us empower more homes with energy-saving solutions. We appreciate your support in our mission!

Oct. 4th, 2023

Kathy Grier

Our sales person, Joe B, was great. I don't know if I would've been convinced to go solar if it wasn't for him. He was so friendly, personable, and you knew you could trust what he was saying with no BS. He was also so knowledgeable; explaining each step in detail and why going solar is so important. Thank you all for helping us go solar. We appreciate everyone's efforts and will definitely recommend it to our friends and neighbors. Sincerely, Kathy Grier

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Kathy! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Sep. 27th, 2023

Cyndi Duka

being first time solar, had many questions, the rep sat, explained and helped me make the decision. The decision was the best decision I ever made. The cost never changes, being senior citizen on fixed income you never have to worry what the bill will be. When issue (although with a bit of nudging) they came out and fixed it. Not realizing what nature could do to the panels (hit by lightning) but, once here resolved.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Cyndi! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Dinorah Santiago Deltona, FL

So far in the process all has been excellent! The representative we are working with, Luis, is a true professional. He is knowledgeable in the industry processes and has been able to answer all of my questions. He stays in touch regularly giving us updates on the permits and other procedures needed to complete the project. Excellent customer service!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Dinorah! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Lucille Rockett Fall River, MA

When I was first interested in solar panels years ago, Trinity Solar was working in the neighborhood and they were connected with Sunnova and that’s how I was introduced to Sunnova. I thought they were going to put them on my house but I have a four stone garage and that seem to be the better place for it and I was thrilled that that’s where it, Sunova wanted to put them. I have never had any problem with their work that they couldn’t handle almost immediately and I’ve had lots of free electric bills over the years.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Lucille! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!

Daniel Osuna Lone Oak, TX

I have purchased solar panels and a battery back-up system from Sunnova. The process has been extremely smooth and I appreciate the constant inspections and follow up site visits. We had an issue with one of the batteries and and they figured out the problem before I knew it was a problem. The battery was replaced quickly. I would definitely recommend Sunnova!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Daniel, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Duane Orloske

Our experience with Sunova was wonderful and seamless. Other than signing the contract we did not have to do anything, including arranging of the financing at rates that made it fell like a gift rather than an expense.. The crew that installed the system were extremely professional and quick. The installation was neat and attractive. We are very pleased with the reductions in our electric bills, especially in the summer. We only wish they did business in Vermont so we could use them to install solar on our cabin.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello, Duane Orsloske, We're absolutely delighted to hear about your wonderful and seamless experience with us. It's fantastic that you found the financing rates so favorable. We're equally thrilled to hear that our installation crew was professional, efficient, and left you with a neat and attractive installation. Thank you for choosing Sunnova!