Sunnova

verified

Sunnova

verified
Sunnova offers flexible payment and moving options

Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

View Best Solar Companies

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

8.8

Overall
Score

#2 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#3 Solar Energy World Logo Solar Energy World ›

8.1

Overall
Score

#30 Sunnova Logo Sunnova ›

5.2

Overall
Score

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

2.2

Tammie
March 19th, 2019 Middletown, CT DETAILS

We got our Solar panels almost 3 years ago and my February electric bill was over 400 dollars and my solar bill was 59 dollars during the summer, its reversed. its being on going like this the whole time, no savings. also, is anyone else getting their bills emailed to them 3 days before its due?????!!??? i have no idea what i owe until i receive an email on the 19th, and bill is due on the 22nd We ave called Sunnova many times, they tell us, sorry thats the way Trinity set you up. WHAT WOULD WE SET UP PAYMENT THIS WAY?????? called the guy who sold us the solar, and hes avoiding us, not returning our calls-i will bad mouth Trinity/Sunnova to everyone, all day, i will tell everyone i know NEVER GET SOLAR

Mar 19, 2019

Hello Tammie, I apologize that this was your experience with Sunnova. Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. Please feel free to send us a private message with your contact information, we would have our specialist reach out to you shortly. Please email us at [email protected]^MO

Adel
March 19th, 2019 Yucaipa, CA

Great experience and everything went very well

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the note, Adel. We value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^MO

March 13th, 2019 Amesbury, MA DETAILS

If you are financing solar and are expecting to get the 9000 Ma. Tax credit be aware that they expect you to apply that right back to the principal of the loan or they will jack your rate up and nearly double your monthly payments. This practice seems predatory as the credit is listed as one of the perks for having financed your system as opposed to leasing, and is not explained really at all during time of purchase, I am not alone in being tricked either as it was another solar customer who made me aware of this practice. The company expects payment of the entire 9000 dollar credit within 18 months of installation, this is especially a problem for me as I did not clear the entire tax credit this year and only received 3000 with the balance carried over for the next two years. Here's where things really get fun though, my panels were installed last March and not activated until April, my monthly bill is currently $121, and my panels generated more electricity than my house consumed so from April until October I had no electrical bill which was a saving as my electric bill was typically around $213, however due to winter conditions from October until present day I did not generate more than I used, so I received an electric bill, when added to my solar bill it proved to be more than what I was paying before solar, January my electric bill was $160 plus solar $121 for a total cost of $281, now if I fail to pay the $9000 credit my solar bill will nearly double to $213 per month, meaning during winter months my combined solar and electric bill will be $373 dollars!! Needless to say I'm looking into how I can have the panels removed and break my contract. This practice is not exclusive to Sunnova as others using different companies have reported the same. So in conclusion solar energy may save trees but it won't save you money, just want to provide a warning before anyone else makes the same costly mistake I made!

Mar 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Sam. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We do appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Goodner Grouser
March 11th, 2019 Wrightstown, NJ DETAILS

Worst decision of my life when I called Momentum Solar who is a partner with Sunnova. They came to my house and claimed I would see a monthly utility bill of 135.00 per month on average. That the system installed would handle my electrical usage. They also stated that if I didn't like the results I could request they remove it and I could cancel. My grandson and I asked repeatedly if this were the case and they sales person confirmed. It was a disaster from the beginning the install was a mess they tore up my yard. I was concerned with the number of panels and what would be produced. Well I was right the system was under sized and I now pay Sunnova 135.00 per month and my utility company 115.00 on average in winter, the 115 was my bill before the system was installed, what happened next was summer came and my house hold usage was triple plus the fee to Sunnova. I had raised the concern that when the system was size off of my old utility bill my AC units were not fully functioning only half of the units were working ergo when they built the system it was under sized. Now I have higher cost with no benefit from Solar Power at all just a cost to me due to this poor service from Sunnova partner Momentum. I have written the BBB about Momentum no resolution, I will be writing the PUC with a complaint on both companies poor customer service and bulking people out of money with false claims .

Mar 12, 2019

Hello Goodner, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that you are not seeing savings. I will be more than happy to have an agent reach out to you and address your concerns. ^MO

Joan St John
March 14th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Signed the contract in August of 2017. Panels installed in December 2017. Eighty-four panels in 2 arrays. Service turned on in August 2018. System is working at 1/2 capacity. Inspector sent out in November 2018. Said whole array of 42 panels not working. Have spoken many times to Sunnova. Last conversation was 3-way phone call in January including Momentum Solar who installed the system. Momentum informed Sunnova that they refuse to work on my system. Sunnova said they would get back to me. This is the end of February and have not heard from the company. Extremely poor customer service. DO OT USE THIS COMPANY.

Mar 14, 2019

Hello Joan, We are very sorry for the delay in response to your case. We do appreciate your patience and one of our agents will contact you to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Aquarius1963
February 26th, 2019 Methuen, MA DETAILS

I would give them no stars but not an option. I have had trouble with my solar system about year after it was installed. I am paying for the equipment and it is not producing as promised. I pay them $77 + Electric Company 350 + per month I need a good lawyer, customer service is less than desirable to deal with as well no follow up; was under husband's name and they wouldn't talk to me until after he lost his job and they me to pay...

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Aquarius1963, We would like to review your account and address your questions. Could you please send us a private message or email to [email protected] with your system id and contact information where we can reach you?

R J Frost
February 19th, 2019 San Juan Capistrano, CA DETAILS

My experience with Sunova is ongoing at this point. I notified them on installation that the inverter is not optimum for best production. I have a MSEE and now retired. Almost a month later one of their reply was "you have a used inverter, sorry". Still working on settling it. I guess they Don't need good referrals and more business.

Feb 19, 2019

Hello Mr. Frost, I apologize that the equipment was not new, as we would expect. I will have an Issue Resolution Specialist reach out to this Partner and yourself to arrange a resolution. We most definitely want the good referrals and appreciate you reaching out so that we can address your concerns. ^JG

Jeanette P
February 19th, 2019 Selden, NY DETAILS

I wish we would have never went with Sunova. Have only been with them for less then a year and between the electric bill and sunova bill we are paying double in electricity then previous year. They so call have sent or will send someone over to check solar but still no improvement. Only maybe the first 2 months our bill looked like they promised it will after that its ridiculous. I will get in contact with a lawyer to get this panels off my house. I will never refer Sunnova/Trinty solar to anyone.

Feb 19, 2019

Hello Jeanette, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that you are not seeing savings. I will have an Issue Resolution Specialist reach out to you to discuss a path to resolution. ^JG

Teresa
February 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

I appreciated the fact that I was made aware of every step through out the process from beginning to completion. Thank you and I look forward to clean energy and lower energy bills.

Feb 14, 2019

Hello Teresa, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make sure you understand every part of the process. Thank you for helping us convert more homes into into energy saving power houses! ^JG

Robert James Winfield
February 6th, 2019 Cape Coral, FL

Very nice PV system, easy install, 315w panels, enphase inverters, producing an excess of electricity, enough to use to heat my pool perhaps.

Feb 07, 2019

Dear Robert, thank you so much for such great review! We aim to provide the best customer experience and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Together we are converting more homes into energy saving powerhouses. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Dawn Ferrara
February 1st, 2019 Oaklyn, NJ

The staff was knowledgeable and patient and very friendly

Feb 01, 2019

Thank you, Dawn Ferrara! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Art Correa
January 30th, 2019

Nice and polite, but so far I am not getting consistency on power and there is not enough power as I was told. I have to many words to say about what I was told I would have VS. what I have today. No good words to say for now unless ION or SUNNOVA can get me what I was told before they start to bill me. Power is low , not as How I was told. So Far bad product and service unless they make a change.

Jan 30, 2019

Hello Art, we value your feedback and are here to assist you. Could you please provide us with your system id and/or contact information ? we will be glad to contact you and address your concerns. ^KM

Cher
January 30th, 2019 Dixon, CA DETAILS

We had decided not to get solar, when this salesman, Paul L. came to our house. We told him, "no," but he came back again, so we gave him an appointment. He was very nice and honest, he sold us and we took happy pictures and he left. He never checked on us when everything went wrong from the contract to the installation to the running of the system. The customer service of this company is not good. The people are nice enough on the phone, the problems must be in house because things do not get resolved or corrected. I have had my system for 4 or 5 years now and things still are not right.

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Cher, we are here to assist you. Could you please provide us with your system id and/or contact information ? we will be glad to contact you and address your concerns. ^KM

MAD AS CUSTOMER
January 30th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

AFTER GETTING SUNNOVA DID'NT SAVE A DIME STILL HAD ELECTRIC BILLS TO THE ROOF PLUS HAD TO PAY SUNNOVA NO SAVINGS GETTING SOLAR HAS COST ME MORE

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for reaching out, we are here to assist you. Please send us an internal message with your system id and/or contact information and we will be glad to address your concerns. ^KM

Linda S McIntosh
January 25th, 2019 Exeter, CA

I have had no training on the system or how it works, I have no account number with which to set up an online account.

Jan 25, 2019

Hello Linda S McIntosh, I apologize that this has been your experience with Sunnova. I will be more than happy to have an agent reach out to you and address your concerns. ^JG

Christoher
December 31st, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

If I had to do it over agin, I would not have used Sunnova or any subsiderary partner like Zing who markets their services on their behalf. While having solar panels has saved me 30-50% off my electric bills, the contracts and agents basically misrepresented the contract. While the company claims they do not put a lien on your home for the panels, essentially that is why they do. I am have been trying to sell my home for 90 days, having over 30 showings, and 5 offers all of which were retracted upon review of the solar contract. Multiple title companies from both my realtor and potential buyers have all said while the contract is not a “lien” it is enforced like one making it extremely difficult to transfer services and complete a sale on the home. The solar company gives you a few options when it comes time to sell your home, all of which are extremely difficult and can cause you to break the terms of your contract both with them or the buyers. Unless you plan on living in the same home for 25 years or buy a system full price, it simply is not worth it. The company gets the tax incentives and the panels won’t increase value you in your home when it comes time to sell. Better yet they start charging you before you even have the system installed during the 6 month process to get permits, plans, and installation. The sales people are misleading and work on a quota system receiving bonuses for locking in so many contracts. There is no real honesty or integrity from the salesman/woman. I am currently working with a lawyer to have the system removed so I can sell my home

Dec 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and allow us an opportunity for improvement. We do apologize for your experience as this is not the normal Sunnova experience. Our goal is customer satisfaction and we strive to make each experience with our customers a memorable one by delivering the best possible service. After review of your account, we did find that a case has been opened to contact you and address your concerns. We will forward your feed back to your case owner for follow up. ^JG

YETUNDE OLOWE
December 21st, 2018 Union, NJ DETAILS

I have had it for 3years , there is no difference in my bill by the time you add Sunnova bill to my PSEG bill. I regret signing up with Sunnova . I was told that my panels and inverter are old / obsolete by another solar panel technician that is why my panel production is low . I asked Trinity to upgrade my panel and inverter .I was told to talk to Sunnova; they keep tossing me around like ping pong back and forth . I went through alot to get panels down for roof repair that i am paying for. Still going through the same to put the obsolete panel back right now.Please do your research very well before signing up

Dec 21, 2018

Hi Yetunde, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Mark
December 19th, 2018 East Haven, CT

We are very happy with the speed of installation

Dec 19, 2018

Hi Mark. Thank you so much for the great review! We aim to provide the best customer experience and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family Mark!

cindy
December 19th, 2018 Highland, CA DETAILS

I was not sent a billing reminder 3 days in advance of my first bill and was waiting for this to pay my bill in full so I paid $49 more than my payoff amount and should have been reimbursed. I have tried to get to get reimbursed with no response.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello Cindy, we are so sorry to hear this. I can definitely get you in touch with someone right away to discuss this issue. Would you please provide your System ID and/or contact information and a specialist will reach out to you shortly. ^JG

Wilma Martins
December 3rd, 2018 Westville, NJ DETAILS

We've had Sunnova solar panels for one year. We were promised lower electric bills or that the electric company may even pay us. To our unpleasant surprise we found that our electric bills were higher than the previous year. When we contacted Sunnova or PSE&G (the electric company) we were told that our usage had increased. I looked through the last two years of bills and it is clear that our usage was lower this year. Another customer service agent said we should have expected higher bills. Who would we sign up for higher bills? After we complained the marketing agent offered to install more panels on our roof (at a higher monthly cost to us) but said they'd only do it if the new panels were on the shady side of the house. What's the point in that? They might as well bury them in the yard. We are disgusted with our Sunnova solar panels.

Dec 04, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Wilma. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We are definitely concerned about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to address this with you directly. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Please send us your system Id or a phone number associated with your account so that we can review your account and contact you. Thank you again!^MO

Matt Lacky
November 30th, 2018 Paradise, CA DETAILS

ATTENTION: Before doing any business with Sunnova Solar, you may want to read my story. On Nov 8th, 2018 my family’s home burned down in the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. We were informed of our loss two days after the fire and had called Sunnova to cancel/suspend the account on Nov 12th. They agreed and said they would suspend the account. Well, three weeks went by and then we got charged for an additional month of service ($311 for Dec), as well as the 3 weeks we paid in Nov for no power (Nov 8-end of November). When we contacted Sunnova about it, they refused to credit us and said we never signed a docu sign which they then sent us that day, three weeks after the first phone call to cancel the service. Now we are not only victims to the fire, where we lost our home and everything else we owned, but we were charged over $500 for power that we never received or had, as the power is completely out in our community and we have no home to go back to. Also, on top of that, Sunnova stated on their docu sign that if we didn’t have our home rebuilt within 12 months, they have the right to charge us monthly payments even if we don’t have a home or power hooked up by then. This company is straight up robbing my family and I and I want to bring this to everyone’s attention before you decide to do business with them and fall victim to them as well. DO NOT go into contract with this company. They are crooks! They do not care about their customers and have shown to me and my family what they truly believe in, coming up off victims, before helping victims out... It’s truly a heart breaking situation to be in when you already lost everything and am evil Corp is still trying to take what they can from you. Thanks for reading, Matt L.

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I noticed our Issue Resolutions Supervisor has already spoken with you and addressed your concerns. We are glad this concern has been resolved. We value your feedback and will use it to keep improving. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate and contact us back. ^KM

Lisa
November 27th, 2018 Forked River, NJ DETAILS

This company is absolutely horrible. The panels have not produced what they were supposed to. I have call numerous times with the same nonsense answers. Stay away from this company!!

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Lisa, thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry for the production issues with the system. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Regina Kaulukukui
November 27th, 2018 Kapaa, HI DETAILS

Our system broke eight months ago and we are still expected to pay and they are unwilling to fix or remove the system. Sunnova is a foreign for profit company. Their customer service reps read from a script and they will not provide any assistance. There is no access to upper management. WARNING... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE THIS COMPANY.

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Regina, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the delays in getting your system repaired and we appreciate your patience. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Richard Baer
November 16th, 2018 Scituate, MA

System recently installed. Entire experience very satisfying. Representative Brian M exceptionally helpful and informative throughout process, often following up to ensure satisfaction.Hopefully will see significant reduction in energy bill in near future, but so far am extremely pleased with Sunnova due in large part to Brian.

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you, Richard! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Kay Park
November 14th, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

Their website sucks - I haven't been able to get in to see the history of what I paid. The customer service sucks - they don't call you back. Our SoCal Edison bills are lower though, but since i can't see the history of what we paid to Sunnova, I don't know if we are saving money or not!

Nov 14, 2018

Hello Kay, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and and a phone number where we can reach you? Someone will reach out in less than 24 hours. ^JG

Armand Savoie
November 13th, 2018 Gardner, MA

Very professional on every level. Installation was done on schedule and according to code followed by inspection and approvals to turn the system on. Now it’s up to the weather and management of power to see the benefits.

Nov 13, 2018

Hello Armand! we value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Bruce Giff
November 7th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

I do not understand the bad reviews I see. It sounds like most of the customers that are complaining have to take it up with the solar company that sold them the deal, NOT Sunnova. Went through with a monthly PPA with it has saved me a ton. One of my panels went out and they were out in a day to come fix. They actually knew about the malfunction before I did. Sunnova is a great company!!

Nov 07, 2018

Hello Bruce, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad to have you as part of the Sunnova Family!

Claudia
October 30th, 2018 Clifton, NJ DETAILS

Worst solar company, I seriously don’t believe that there is a worst company on this planet earth!! PLEASE do thorough research before going to to business with this horrifically fraudulent company!!! DO NO SIGN anything on their salesman’s tablets that’s how they trap you! Let me tell you my story! So this door to door agent comes to my door with many promises so much so that I was reluctant but still curious I signed a credit check to see if I’d qualify!! And guess what it turned out to be a 25 YEAR contract! Yes 25 year contract with an “escalator” so they call it of 2.9% which means my monthly payment will INCREASE EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the lifetime of the contract! The installation was a nightmare they ruined my yard and my roof! I have called Sunnova over and over just to get the same excuse there’s no point in asking for a supervisor because they appear to be uneducated in the product and refer the contract to rebuddle every SINGLE complaint. I have never in my life experienced such blasphemy!! They supposedly don’t put a lien one home they put a “UCC” so they call it which is basically or might as well be a lien! Don’t believe me? Look it up!! Now I can’t sale my home unless I con the homeowner into taking over the contract or buy it out because I plan to move out of state and get this, I can’t even bring the panels with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the worst mistake I’ve EVER made in my life! Opening the door to the salesman and signing what I believe was simple a credit check!!! Why would any logical person in this world sign a 25 year contract for solar? Solar panels is an evolving technology like a cell phone! Every single year more efficient panels are created and I’m stuck with this bulky ALREADY outdated system! I’m Jesus Lord I hope this company falls apart so I can be released out of this horrendous fraudulent wack company! Please stay away or you’ll just be in position. I truly highly doubt the positive comments on here are real! It’s probably one of Sunnova employees just trying to balance out the comments but trust me im sure non of there employees would sign onto their contract! I even asked a rep and they advised me on a RECORDED line that they would never sign this contract! Can you believe this??! It’s is the worst worst worst company on the face of this planet!

Oct 31, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Claudia, we value your feedback and we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and/or phone number to contact you?

October 29th, 2018 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS

Sunnova is horrible company. Please do not use them. Here is my story. A guy came from Trinity talking all great about the company checked my bills and said you could save a lot of money. This is all lie. They installed on December 2017 and service started on February and did see some changes on March and April after that I am paying my normal bill 358 to 500 a month top of paying 168 to Sunnova. I called Sunnova several times they told me you are using too much electricity but I explained to them this is same bill as last year there is no difference and I told them whole reason to get solar to reduce electricity bills. I also requested to send technician they refuse to send one due to their claim our production is good meanawhile I didn’t get no credit until now Oct 2018. My recommendation to you guys please don’t get trinity/Sunnova they are horrible and I am stuck. Please advise how can I get out from these horrible company.

Oct 30, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Sam. We would like to review your account and address your questions. Could you please send us a private message or email to [email protected] with your system id and contact information where we can reach you?

Sebastian
October 25th, 2018 New Bedford, MA

they keep you informed step by step thru out the complete job

Oct 27, 2018

Hello Sebastian, we appreciate your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Justin M09
October 23rd, 2018 Bayville, NJ DETAILS

HORRIBLE company. I inherited a Sunnova from the previous homeowner and it is TERRIBLY undersized and EXPENSIVE. The system does not produce enough solar energy and when they have you locked in to their 20 year contract you are TOTALLY screwed. I have called multiple times and want to know why other similar houses have bigger systems, why between my solar and energy bill combined I am paying more than other similar or even larger homes and what can be done. They always "open a case" but have NEVER once called me back. I called AGAIN today to check in and they just said, call our local partner Trinity Solar. They always make sure to remind you of the contract though and that you either buy it out or bend over. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Horrific customer service and just use the contract as a way to negate that the system sucks, they don't respond and changes can never be made without additional costs. I cannot wait until these things are gone. Praying a hurricane rips them off!

John
November 2nd, 2018 Waterford, CT DETAILS

So far, just a couple of weeks in, things are going pretty poorly. A third of the panels weren't working after install and, even though it was the install company that told us this, nobody crew was sent to fix things until I called. I was told by the install company that I'm still on the hook for for full payment even if the equipment isn't working. Starting to look like one of the worst decisions I've made in my fifty years on the planet... more to come.

Nov 02, 2018

Hello John, We would like to review your account and address any billing concern you might have. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and/or phone number to contact you? Thank you! KM

J Heim
October 18th, 2018 Newton, NJ DETAILS

Our Solar system has never worked adequetly for the past 3 years. We were over sold . made false promises. Lies To. Promises never kept. Damaged Roof. I have never received 1 Hour of SOlar Energy Credie

Oct 18, 2018

Hello J Heim, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your system id or contact information? Thank You!

Noel M. Baitlon
October 22nd, 2018

Your staffs are so professionals any asked info. Well answered and informative

Oct 25, 2018

Thank You Noel! we appreciate your positive feedback!

Gary Margulis
October 16th, 2018 Northfield, NJ DETAILS

My system worked at less than 100% of guaranteed production for the 1st 3 years. Not as promised by the salesman - but not terrible. My inverter stopped working in the spring. They replaced the inverter after 5 weeks with what appeared to be a used inverter. My system has produced at third of guaranteed production since July 2018. I have complained to Sunnova regularly this summer. I was most recently told that the problem was "weather and other factors." I now check my inveter every day and usually find that it is not producing. My salesman told me there was a warranty on the contract and nothing to worry about. I pay my lease faithfully (and have high electric bills). Sunnova is not honoring the warranty. I have open CASE # 01118014 with Sunnova but I'm left with frustration and disappointment. I'm not saving money or the environment if my system is not producing. I am going to be selling my home and I'm worried.

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. Gary, we value your feedback and will use it to improve. Our operations team has confirmed that a new work order has been issued to service your system. We will be contacting you to provide further information. We appreciate your patience.

October 15th, 2018 El Mirage, AZ DETAILS

I had Sunnova install solar panels on my house about 3 years ago. If I could rate them negative stars I would. They customer support does nothing to solve issues- I called them to see if my panels were working, and they confirmed everything was running efficiently based on their side. However, It turns put my panels weren't even on! Before I had the panels installed, I'd pay my APS bill the maximum payments of $250. After installing, I pay two bills, the APS bill AND Sunnova. My APS bill is now doubled what it was ($440) . I live in the sunniest part of Arizona, you'd think that'd help save some cash! The first time I decided to cancel the solar panels were even before they had installed them, but the company sent me back the salesman and he informed me that they'd charge me a cancelation fee of $10,000. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Oct 16, 2018

Kris
October 12th, 2018 Oceanport, NJ DETAILS

Difficult to maneuver all the sites and registrations to start up the system and start earning. No contact with any of the people we started with so we could understand it all easily and make it go smoothly. We felt like we had to fend for ourselves and figure it out alone.

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Kris, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your contact information or system id? We will be glad to contact you and address your questions. ^KM

Brenda Collins
October 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I am giving a zero rating for customer support for Sunnova. I have been calling for a month or longer because our condo association is getting new roofs due to storm damage. I was told they would get a "quote" to determine what it will cost ME to pay for removal and reinstallation of the panels. My lease does not even mention anything about this being a cost to me. I was given a verbal quote of over $3k by phone but have yet to receive a copy of the quote. I was just recently told that I have to approve the quote before I can work with the installer partner to find out if they can even schedule to do the work in time. I have been so frustrated and stressed out by this totally non-support I would never refer even my enemies to this company. After spending over $3k for this removal and install, every amount I could save on electricity will be lost for the rest of the life of my lease and I have only lived in my home for one year.

Oct 11, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Brenda, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assist you. We will be contacting you tomorrow at the contact number on file. ^KM

Rachael
October 8th, 2018 Capitol Heights, MD

Sunnova is a very reliable company, they did neat and perfect job throughout the process of the installation of my solar system.

Oct 09, 2018

Thank you, Rachael! we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Jill J.
October 4th, 2018 Clinton, CT

Trinity Solar was the company that set everything up they work along with sunnova, my panels were installed a month earlier than expected! Love them as they are not hideous looking. Sunnova did all the leg work like getting permits, approval from the town and electric company, inspections and meter switching

Oct 05, 2018

Thank You, Jill, we are constantly working on making the installation process as hassle-free as possible. We appreciate your positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Christopher Green
September 26th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

My experience with Sunnova has been great. The representative that we worked with was great and knowledgeable. The Solar representative that initially began the process explained every step that would be taking place with the process of adding solar to our home. He explained that the interface with Sunnova would take place and be a very quick and smooth process. It certainly was. I would recommend Sunnova to others as well.

Sep 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story Christopher! we are thrilled you made the decision to go solar. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Robert O'Donnell
November 2nd, 2018 Bethpage, NY

I found some things confusing at 'inspection time'. I receive from my electric co. (PSEG) a letter stating "I" had to arrange for connections; I did not expect this. A call to Trinity resolved this issue. I find issue with the number of companies involved, i.e. Sunnova, Trinity, and a few others like the installers, etc.. These companies seem to be located all over the U.S.A. I'm confused with the meaning of a Email received from Sunnova indicating, in essence, I will receive two (2) "bills" monthly; one from Sunnova (I guess) and another from the utility co. Haven't I signed up for automatic payment to Trinity/Sunnova?? However, I found talking with all persons, Sales Rep. Daygon, Office person, 'Steph', and the installers pleasing , and helpful.

Nov 02, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Robert! We value your feedback and will use it to improve. We will be contacting you within the following hour to address any concerns you might have regarding your solar panels system. KM

Corie Swarts
September 21st, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Do you really want to hear it... Lets see I put the solar system on my roof with promises that I was going to save money, save the environment yadda yadda yadda.... I was promised I was going to be under a warranty that if I wasn't producing more than I was using they would come out and add more panels with no problems. YEAH RIGHT!! Well first year my electric bill at the end of the year was over $500.00 not including the monthly fee I paid of around $100.00 for the system. I called they told me oh that's because you didn't have the system a full year and didn't produce enough during the winter months. OK so .... My second year comes and goes well now I owe over $700.00 to Edison and still paying that monthly fee to Sunnova which has now increased. I call and they say oh well lets do an audit but you have to send us 1 year of bills from pre-solar and 1 year of recent electric bills. OK so I go and pull all these electric bills and scan each one and email them all over as instructed. It takes them several weeks to get back to me and then when they do the girl has a total attitude tells me my problem is that I am using more electricity now than I did back then. Well thats great unfortunately its been a hot summer and with the local fires and my asthma I have to have it running. Anyways I ask her if we can add more panels and ensure we get are producing enough. She tells me she will have to talk to another department and get back to me. A few weeks goes by I hear nothing I call and am sent to her voicemail I leave a message and wait a few more days guess what no word. So I call customer service the guy is super nice and understanding but says I have to talk to her. UGH so I leave more messages for her and well after doing this a few more times she answers and tells me the same story I heard before but this time she tells me someone from the other department will call me back. YEAH right I still haven't heard from them and when I call not they pass me around like a hot potato and I have gotten nowhere. SO NOW I just want the crap off my roof so I can find someone that knows what they are doing to come do this. Oh did I mention we are only like four months into the new year of coverage and guess what I already owe the electric company nearly $700.00 and of course Sunnova increased my monthly payment to them. SO WHEN DOES THAT SAVINGS START????? WHEN DO I GET A REBATE OR ANYTHING???? Save yourself a lot of headache and a lot of money and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE DO NOT USE SUNNOVA!!!

Sep 26, 2018

Hello Corie, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to address your concerns. Could you please provide us with your system id and contact information on a private message? Thank you!

bill donohue
September 19th, 2018 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS

I am a zealot at turning off lights, electrical anything yet still I pay Sunnova a hefty bill every month and twice a year I pay a true up that amounts to about $200.00 a month in electrical charges. This is the worst deal I've ever had, and the worst part is that I had to buy it as it came with the house. I had no option to say no.

Sep 19, 2018

Hello Bill, We would like to review your account and assist you with any concern you might have regarding your system performance. Please send us a private message with your system Id and contact information. Thank You!

Joseph G Fermaint
September 17th, 2018 Staten Island, NY

Great customer service . Whenever there is a problem or question I'm always able to get through speak to representative and get my problem solved

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you Joseph, we aim to provide a great customer service. We appreciate your positive feedback!

maria garcia-Roque
September 13th, 2018

Installed 3 years now. Nada,nothing,zilch. The worse. Do not reccomend. Now selling my home giving me problems to take off. Had to get a lawyer. They lied from the beginning. Went through that horrible hurricane maria. No lights. What's the sense of having solar,then? I want these things off. Impeding the sale of my home. Never got to use,because they installed and never turned us on. Always some excuse. Now we want them off and they say they're obsolete.

Sep 13, 2018

Hello Maria, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and contact information? We would like to review your account and assist you. KM

Theresa
September 5th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Really valuable experience. Things went smoothly well. Always kept your promise. I can’t wait to enjoy my savings.

Sep 06, 2018

Hello Theresa, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We appreciate your positive feedback.

Erin MacDonnell
August 29th, 2018 North Haven, CT

The staff was professional and kept me up to date with emails.

Aug 31, 2018

Hello Erin,, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Irene Buchalter
September 5th, 2018 Sicklerville, NJ

It took too long to get it up and running. I never expected it to take more than six months and dozens of phone calls. I hope that its worth

Sep 06, 2018

Thanks for reaching out Irene, we value your feedback and will use it to improve. An email has been sent to your email address on file with your customer portal web access information to track your system production online. Welcome to the Sunnova Family !

Traci ciraolo
September 12th, 2018 Vineland, NJ DETAILS

Where do I begin? It’s been since sept 2017 I purchased two systems with this company. Neither system is producing properly for the first five months I was producing and the electric company wasn’t seeing production now they see a partial production! No one cares call every day I’ve had wrong install, wrong meters, they fired the install company will it was being installed no one to call no one listens please please don’t go with this company

Sep 12, 2018

Hello Traci, thank you for reaching out, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your systems numbers and contact information? We will review your account and contact you to address your concerns.