Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.3

Juan Carlos Murillo
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Good service, very responsible and accurate on the job to be performed

Carolyn
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Russell P took the time to walk me through every step of the process. It went very smoothly

Michael Pulling
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Crew was very conscientious throughout the installation.

Duane Barber
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

The whole process was filled with mistakes. They were all rectified however not sure what the outcome would of been if not for paying close attention to the whole process.

Margaret Vernazza
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Employees were very knowledgeable and considerate in their manner

Mary Hill
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

So far so good. No problems. My salesman has always been there when I have questions. I have only been on a month now and no problems as of yet.

Radhakrishnan Suswaram
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

They did the good job especially Luke as a sales person. Very knowledgeable. Educated me how Solar helps

Antonio
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Its a good company, with your experience the Sunnova its the best company in Puerto Rico.

Chris
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Quick to Install but still have not fixed the hole they put in my ceiling it's been a month

Matt Sampson
November 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Solar was installed a week after signing the contract it's now November 5th and it's not activated. I've called more than a dozen times, they send a repair 'technician' at least every 2 weeks with no help !!!! Don't do it !!!! Find someone else !!! Horrible customer service !!!

Portonova
November 14th, 2019 Wethersfield, CT

Very polite and helpful from first call thru install process. Highly recommend this company. One thing myself love when you call them YOUR NOT HITTING A 100 BUTTONS TO REACH A HUMAN, great job to Sunnova. The Portonova's

Maria T. Zevallos
November 13th, 2019 West Hartford, CT

I have had the system solar since 8/1/19 and so far everything is working properly and no complaints at all.

Nov 13, 2019

Hello Maria, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Jim W
November 13th, 2019

I'm a new Sunnova customer. Suntuity was the solar company that did the installation and permitting for us. Suntuity kept us in the loop every step of the way. Their staff was excellent in answering all my questions through the process. They also assisted in getting me a new roof since our old roof was 20 years old. The process of taking off old roof and putting new roof on was one day. Installing solar panels and wiring one day. Keeping up with the inspections and approval process between my local Construction office and AC electric took the most time. From start to finish just under 4 months. Now looking forward to see my electric utility bill go down.

Nov 13, 2019

Hello Jim, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Olga
November 7th, 2019 Long Branch, NJ DETAILS

The worse Company ever I regret even getting Involved with this company, customer service is the worst every time I call I am on hold for more than one hour!!! My box has not been producing since April 2019 and today is October 4, 2019 (6 months and still waiting, no one has come to fix the problem I’ve called them several times !!! they were supposed to come Oct 1 no show, they scheduled again for October 3rd which they canceled for bad weather they said they will be here October 4 and never called to Let me know That they were not coming! ! I called they told me someone would be here for sure but nobody ever showed up! I called again they gave me the run around!!!! I would not recommend this company to anyone... i’ve told a few people that were considering this company to find A different company because this company is the worst I regret it so much!!! If I could climb on my roof and remove all those panels myself I would!!! I’m so very very disappointed!!!!! Oh but they are sure to take my money every month....!!

Oct 08, 2019

Good Evening Olga, Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations.Can you send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? ^OA

Mike Slater
November 7th, 2019 Waltham, MA DETAILS

Im writing this review , ive had this system on my house for a few years now and last June 2019 it stopped producing I have had to pay very high electrical bills since that time as well as their monthly charge. I called in august explaining that the system does not seem to be working. I have yet to receive any technician call or Apointment it is now November 2019 . I have made my last call to customer service today as i have called every week since August . I will not be paying another cent to Sunova until my system is up and running and if i do not hear from anyone by next week i will be taking legal action to have the system taken off of my roof along with any Electrical work and repairs needed to put the house back in order before the installation was made . As far as Im concerned it is a breach of Contract that you signed to keep the system maintained in working order.

Nov 08, 2019

Hello Mike Slater, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your system issues. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department to have one of our Issue Resolution Specialist to give you a call within 30 minutes. ^OA

Dave Bonillas
November 6th, 2019 Chico, CA DETAILS

Customer Service avg wait times are clocked in over 1hr. Production report meter broke in April 2019, still nothing and it is Nov. 2019.

Nov 06, 2019

Hello Dave Bonillas, Records you have a direct point of contact. I will forward your concern to the appropriate department.^OA

ADELEYE FAMILY
November 6th, 2019 Sicklerville, NJ

All the crews are very professional, knowledgeable, on time and skillful, they did a nice job and went through the whole installations from the start to the end.

Nov 06, 2019

Hello Adeleye Family, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Jeremy
November 6th, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Sunnova was the only company willing to provide what they do. They exceeded all expectations. We are beyond excited and thankful. Thank you Sunnova!

Nov 06, 2019

Hello Jeremy, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Cynthia Weitkamp
November 5th, 2019 Dillsburg, PA DETAILS

Sunnova gave me the chance to purchase my solar system at a great interest rate. Never thought I would have ever been able to do this without Sunnova.

Nov 05, 2019

Good Afternoon Cynthia, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

J Clements
November 5th, 2019

Installation went very smoothly and quickly. The technicians were knowledgeable and efficient. Very happy so far!

Nov 06, 2019

Hello J Clements, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Carol Vayda

So far, so good. All went well & I'm up & running

Nov 04, 2019

Good Morning Carol, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Phoebe Guinoo
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

They are good and but waiting time to call sometimes is long

Nov 04, 2019

Good Afternoon Phoebe, Thank you for your feedback we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Steven Smith

my electric bill is still pretty high and I,m disappointed. Thanks Steve

Nov 05, 2019

Hello Steven Smith, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. If you could please send us a private message with your phone number/system id to [email protected] . One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you ^OA

Valerie Blalock
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

It's been a slow process and the job isn't quite complete yet. Still waiting for Pepco to do work.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Valerie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do apologize and are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MO

Tawanna Hinton
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

They completed the job in a timely manner and our Pepco bill has decreased.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Tawanna, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Sajrudin Mohammed
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service, quick installation and sticks to their words

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Sajrudin, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Marrima Hawkins
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service is excellent, they explain everything

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Marrima, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Colleen DeMarco
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Reputation and service, quality of solar panels

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Colleen, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Veronica
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

It has been easy to deal with them as we acquired our solar panels. We have only been customers for a couple of months.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Veronica, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Robert
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

So far so good, no issues with Sunnova / Trinity. Installation in one day. Just a few weeks to go on-line. Very happy with power being generated. Didn't pay a dime for the system, just paying for electricity being generated. Having issues with National grid and highly estimated bills. Hope to get them resolved soon.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Robert, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Kirk Saxton
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

My solar has been out of service. I have a inverter that needs to be installed. I can't afford the $275 too have your company install it right now. I'm saving up for you too install it.

Nov 05, 2019

Hello Kirk, thank you for your feedback. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you ^MO

Mauricio
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

The original guy that signed me up left the company and no one called me about the status of everything, I had to call you guys and a few things that were promised upon signing didn't happened and had to go through a manager to ok it on one those things.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Mauricio, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID or contact number. ^MO

Nick Funari
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent work, very reliable. Communication could have been a bit better but overall very pleased.

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Nick, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Raymond Colbert
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good service woth feet on the ground. Excellent product workmanship!!!

Nov 04, 2019

Hello Raymond, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Brian okiec
November 1st, 2019 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Sunnova is the pitts, I have a problem with 10 panels of my 23 on my roof. The inverter says 13 of 23 reporting and they won't come out to fix it. This happened in the past and took over a year to get service. You have a choice don't pick sunnova.

Nov 01, 2019

Hello Brian Okiec, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^OA

Maria Palumbo
October 29th, 2019 Vincentown, NJ DETAILS

The representatives were knowledgeable, professional and pleasant. I felt I understood how the program works and what my savings would be. The solar panel installation was completed in a few hours by a wonderful team. I recommend Sunnova.

Aug 16, 2019

Hello Maria, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Jan
October 29th, 2019 Belchertown, MA

From the very beginning, when we were approached in person by Trinity Solar professionals, we were kept informed about the process. At no cost to us, solar panels were installed and permits obtained. We are delighted with our new solar power. We are saving money and contributing to the healing of our planet.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Afternoon Jan, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Colin
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Good responsive customer service and reliability

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Colin, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Kelli
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Worst customer service I have EVER ever had to deal with.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Kelli, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. If you could please send us a private message with your phone number/system id to [email protected] . One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MP

Duane Jahn
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Sunnova professionalism at the highest level on every step of the installation process. I was in constant contact with them throughout the whole process. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in lowering their energy footprint.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Duane, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Anh tuan duong
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

They did good a job and are prompt in there work.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Anh, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Steven Chatelain
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Sunnova is the most frustrating company I have ever had to deal with. After 3 months they still owe me a refund for $299.00. I have been promised that refund by several people including a supervisor but I have not received it to date. My list of complaints against Sunnova is extensive. I hope I never have to deal with them again.

Oct 29, 2019

Good afternoon Steven, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova experience. We do apologize and are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you!^MO

david cruz
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

very professional and accomidating with schedule and calls.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning David, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Cheryl Smith
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Actually its a little too early for me to amswer. Its only been online for about 3 wks. Was told someone would be coming by to explain how to read the meter. Still waiting on that.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Afternoon Cheryl, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!. If you would like assistance in obtaining Solar production numbers please send us a private message with your system id/phone number where we can reach you. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours . ^MP

Kenny D
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Because I was impressed by their professionalism and responsiveness.

Oct 29, 2019

Hello Kenny D, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to Solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you!^MO

BOBBY DE GUIA
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

ALL STAFFS WERE GREAT MOST ESPECIALLY MR. JUN FERREIRA, REGRETABLY THOUGH ONE ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN MESSED UP THE WATER LINE THAT MESSED UP OUR WATER SPRINKLER SYSTEM FOR THE LAWN.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Bobby, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. If you could please send us a private message with your phone number/system id to [email protected] . One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MP

Jerry Wilson
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

We have received a red tag which to our knowledge has not been fixed

Oct 29, 2019

Hello Jerry, thank you for your feedback. We do apologize and are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Chris Bradley
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

the contract process is terrible, the phone staff is rude. the billing is last minute.... if I could give a 0 I would

Oct 29, 2019

Hello Chris, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. If you could please send us a private message with your phone number/system id to [email protected] One of our Issue Resolution Specialists will contact you to discuss your concerns. Thank you! ^MO

Bernice M Pomarico
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent response to complaint that solar panels were not producing but I did need to complain before problem was noted.

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Bernice, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are glad to hear your concerns were addressed. If you have any more questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you ^MP

Nkodev
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Dylan answered my texts and concerns immediately

Oct 29, 2019

Good Morning Nkodev, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome To the Sunnova Family!. ^MP