Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 17 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Scott Sullivan

March 27th, 2020 North Easton, MA

Everything about going solar with Sunnova has been amazing. There has been over-the-top communication from start to finish, and the whole process was fast, efficient, and well coordinated. I will be recommending them to all my friends and neighbors.

Mar 27, 2020

Good morning Scott, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Janice Eaves

March 26th, 2020 Fairfield, CA

My experience with Sunnova has been great. Right from the sales rep knocking on my door to the Solar being turned on. Every question I had was answered. Work was done and completed in a timely manner. Would I recommend Sunnova to my friends, the answer is yes.

Mar 26, 2020

Hello Janice, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^JD

david Burnett

March 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really can't say anything negative about our experience with Trinity and Sunnova. The sales person was knowledgeable and friendly. The installers and inspectors were fast, on time and did a great job. We could not believe how quickly we were up and producing power. I would wholeheartedly recommend both Trinity and Sunnova to anyone.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning David, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP

Gracie

March 24th, 2020 Randolph, MA

I love my panels. My electric bill has gone down by almost half, if not half. We had a very mild winter with lots of sunshine, so we got a lot of energy. I would recommend installing panel’s, they’re clean and looks good on my roof. The installation process was very easy, for me, and the workers cleaned up behind themselves. Bravo. Thank you.

Dec 17, 2019

Hello Gracie , we appreciate the positive feedback. We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family!^OA

Liza Pereira

March 24th, 2020 Deltona, FL

We had many companies come to our house and try to sell us solar panels one even tried to rent solar panels to us but they were not within our budget. Sunova is the only one who offered us exactly what we needed. We are pre-senior citizens and are looking at a fixed budget in which we needed solar panels in order to make sure that our quality of life is not compromised because of the soaring electric rates. So nova offered us a budget based rental of solar panels in which they maintain them for us which is another plus and fits within our budget. We were concerned about any maintenance and repairs that might occur but that worry is completely gone. They are solely responsible for whatever happens to the Panels that is beyond our control. This is the best program out there. As a mathematician the math adds up. I read the entire 32 pages of the contract and everything seemed legitimately good.

Mar 24, 2020

Hello Liza Pereira, we are excited that to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to Solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feed back. ^JD

Tom Lytle

March 23rd, 2020 South El Monte, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service and installation was very professional and clean. It exceeded all my expectations. You differently receive more for your money with this company compared to others and this I know because I extensive research before I purchased...Highly recommend.

Mar 23, 2020

Hello Tom Lytle , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

J Jordan

March 23rd, 2020 North Attleboro, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brian M, the salesman, explained everything so we could understand it. The installation was painless and the installers did a GREAT job. And I am saving on my electric bill... What's better than that!!

Mar 23, 2020

Hello J Jordan , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Barbara Norman

March 18th, 2020 Broad Brook, CT

Excellent customer service. Communication along the way was constant. Always available for questions.

Mar 18, 2020

Hello Barbara Norman , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Snowmannn Frost

March 17th, 2020 Dana Point, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunova pasted a Sunrun sticker on my inverter that states to call a Sunrun number for servive. I contacted the Sunrun number and was told that there was no contract to service my system. I called Sunova about it. The botyon line was if i needed service they Would contact me in a month ir mote to set up a service date! In addition they misrepresented the ammount of solar power the system can produce, it will not match my historical use and bottm line will never save on my overall electric bill. P My recommendation is to avoid this company.

Mar 17, 2020

Hello Snowmann Frost, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. Would you please send your contact information to resolutions @ sunnova. com and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. ^JD

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rate Sonova this way because of my overall experience throughout the process.Kym G stayed engaged throughout the entire process and still respond when we teach out to her. Great customer experience with her and definitely a 5 star dealing with her. I would have given them a 5 star but the Engineer that came gave me some false info about adding panel on my rear drop roof. I would definitely refer them to anyone interested in solar panels.

Mar 16, 2020

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Peter Landini

March 13th, 2020 Rio Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stephen B, salesperson for Sunnova was professional, knowledgeable and patient with us old folks that had tons of questions. Saving us $$ We are pleased with the quality of our solar. Even the installers were professional! Thank you, Stephen!

Mar 13, 2020

Hello Peter, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Michael Vogl

March 12th, 2020 Tiverton, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Met salesman Jan 25th, started installation Feb 24th, just had system finished, approved, and on-line less than 2 weeks later. WOW!!! Sales person was excellent and knowledgeable, design was spot-on, construction crew was excellent, communication from Sunnova was perfect. I'll see how it all turn out when the bills start coming in, but the actual installation process was beginning to end, excellent...

Mar 13, 2020

Good morning Michael, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Amber Soto

March 11th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very knowledgeable and friendly. You can rely on providing everything you need with professionalism.

Mar 11, 2020

Hello Amber, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Latu Takitaki

March 11th, 2020 Fresno, CA

If you like to go solar choose SUNNOVA. The professional of the work, Quality of the equipment they used, they fast plus you don't have to pay anything they install those solar panels they owned they take of it you just pay the pills,, save money now..."Go SUNNOVA"..

Mar 11, 2020

Hello Latu, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

queen god

March 10th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great people to do business with awesome prices great product like the fact each panel is on its own sistom

Mar 11, 2020

Good morning queen god, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Maria

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Salesperson was personable and knowledgeable

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Maria, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Kim

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were on key on what the next step was n what they were going to do. Everyone was nice n they all worked hard to get stuff done in time.

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Kim, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Peter MacMurray

March 9th, 2020 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Still unclear regarding issues about how my account is tied to my electric bill as well as the systems lack of production on some days

Mar 09, 2020

Hello Peter, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

SAMUEL BIRTH

March 8th, 2020 Wildwood, NJ

I'm end very disappointed by trinity people took 3 1/2 months go get in end your system only puts out small of electric I use I'm using 2600 kWh a month your system can only supply maybe 750 kWh there was more room in front of my house. trinity bad design and sells man never told me time it takes to get on I hope I save money but way I see it it will cost me more?🤞think I got screwed we'll see?

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Samuel, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us an email with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Donna Sweet

March 8th, 2020 Manchester, CT

The installers arrived on time. Workers were very polite and professional. Everything was completely clean when the job was done. We were notified of each and every step of the process. Great company!

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Donna Sweet, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Nancy Antone

March 8th, 2020 Clinton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rick was awesome he walked me through the whole set up all the way to turning it on. We ran into a few issues but the co took care of it at no cost to me

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Nancy Antone, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Martha Richardson

March 8th, 2020 Northampton, MA

At first I felt overwhelmed when discussing the possibility of solar and whether to buy or lease, but the gentleman who explained the process over and over, with unlimited patience, never made me feel "stupid" or bothersome (I emailed many questions to him). He made my choices easier. The guys who installed the panels and the changes to the electrical box were friendly and competent.

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Martha, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Teri

March 3rd, 2020 Perris, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova outlined everything for me in detail. I received emails with progress and what to expect at each phase. They arrived promptly when scheduled. All the employees from sales to install were friendly and helpful. The work was performed in a neat and orderly fashion and never a mess after they were gone. I am so very happy to have used this company for this large decision, I would recommend this company for anyone considering going Solar. Thank you for a job well done.

Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Teri, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Patience johnson

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Im paying even more than before on my regular bill now i just have two bills

Mar 04, 2020

Hello Patience, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Al Goldsmith

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Efficient and delivered on what they promised

Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Al, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Susan

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are caring, hobest in answering questions to your satisfaction. I think they sre honest. Quick in responding. I commend Kay Heap who is the Tegional mngr.

Mar 04, 2020

Hello Susan, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Nelson Geis

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give 5 stars but there was some hassle getting the paperwork completed to their satisfaction.

Mar 03, 2020

Hello Nelson, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

GRAYCE MOWER

March 2nd, 2020 Milford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system has been in a little over a year. We had outrageous electric bills during the months of June-Sept yearly. UI changed meter but did not help. My 2 sons both had Trinity install Solar and are pleased. We changed a little over a year ago and now pay our monthly amount and thats it. Very happy with it and Trinity. If you have Sun ,Make the change. You wont be sorry!

Mar 03, 2020

Good morning Grayce, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Regina Brown

March 2nd, 2020 Mansfield, TX

What we liked about the company is that First we went GREEN!!! #CleanAir. Next, the customer service your team of installers that came to my house were PHENOMENAL!!!!(Vincent M, Tevin L, Kendrick M and Austin R) I would like to recommend them to family members. Thank you

Mar 02, 2020

Good Afternoon Regina, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mary

March 2nd, 2020 Sewell, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealing with Sunnova was a very pleasant experience since day one. Everyone I spoke to each time was very kind, courteous, and tended to each and every question or concern that I had. I was nervous about making this change as a single parent, however, Sunnova made me feel right at home and that I made the right choice! Thank You Sunnova!

Mar 02, 2020

Good morning Mary, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Sam

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

worst customer service ever saw, rude and unprofessional

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Sam, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MO

Roberto

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great Representative, Good experience, did have an issue with a broken siding while installation. Was told someone will come and repair but have not had that contact yet.

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Roberto, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MO

Alfonso Clark

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Andrew the sales rep was very respectful knowledgeable And very professional

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Alfonso Clark, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

David

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our bills have gone up significantly since energy production

Feb 26, 2020

Hello David, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MO

Kevin and Lisa McNamara

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional. Efficient. Kept us in the loop every step of the way because it is a process.

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Kevin and Lisa, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Autumn S.

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service and got a great product for a reasonable price.

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Autumn, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Al

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very friendly, kept me informed for the entire process

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Al, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Joanne newcomb

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very kind,efficient people who I talk to and came to my home. Thanks

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Joanne, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^OA

Teresa Barnett

February 25th, 2020 Lancaster, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova made solar affordable for us! Easy to work with and always a step ahead on customer service. We highly recommend Sunnova!!!

Rick

February 25th, 2020 Danielson, CT

Our system was activated today. So far we are very pleased with the entire experience. Everyone has been very honest and they respond quickly to phone messages or emails we leave. Looking forward to seeing the production of our panels and energy savings.

Deborah Stevenson

February 25th, 2020 South Amboy, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All the representatives were very professional. Answered my questions, no pressure. The roofers came on time, they were polite and totally cleaned up the mess. The electrical crew came, did their thing left. Through out the process my salesman, Joe and the customer service dept kept in touch and walked me through the process. Would recommend this company to my friends and family.

Qualified

February 25th, 2020 , TX

This has been a very positive experience and I am now the proud owner of solar panels. I qualified for the panels at no cost to me and I’m looking forward to the savings on my electricity. Thanks

Marilyn Marilyn

February 25th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

I cannot recommend this company enough. From initial contact to panel installation, everything was spot on. I am sooo picky about sales people, follow through, keeping appointments and follow through, but this company met or exceeded my expectations.

John

February 25th, 2020 Browns Mills, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excwllent service throughout the entire process.

Hue Allen

February 21st, 2020 Edison, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have found all the personnel we have communicated with to be open and honest in answering questions that every step of the way. They never made commitments / promises they could not keep. We were kept well informed and the time line was always met through every step of the project. On site installers were courteous and thoroughly cleaned up each day. They did NOT leave a mess at any time. The employees are thoroughly professional.

Chelsea Francine

February 21st, 2020 Uncasville, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There really isn't anything that I can say I don't like about this company. Everything has been so good from start to finish. I would recommend this to anyone. The process was so easy. We are so excited to start using our solar panels.

Feb 21, 2020

Hello Chelsea, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Theresa Salgueiro

February 19th, 2020 East Providence, RI

My family and I were hesitant at first. But when we met Armando he made the whole process very simple to understand. Working with Carmen was also a joy! We are very grateful for all your help in accomplishing our goal when it comes to solar!!!

Feb 19, 2020

Hello Theresa, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Jan& Rick Howland

February 19th, 2020 Holyoke, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a pleasure to work with this company and it’s great to know the cost is the same each month

Feb 19, 2020

Hello Jan & Rick, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

robbie A

February 19th, 2020 Bridgeport, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company, I honestly have to say the procedure I went through is word for word how there representative inform me. It was an absolute smooth installation, every person I interacted with who was associated with the company conducted themselves with the highest professionalism

Feb 19, 2020

Hello Robbie, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Kaleisha H.

February 14th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service with prompt follow up and thorough support all through the process

Feb 14, 2020

Hello Kaleisha, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO