Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to solar monitoring through Sense Solar, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in 16 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.

We continually look for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

Tracy Ijams

March 2nd, 2020 Tucson, AZ

Do you sis save me from making a big mistake. He was truthful and knew what he was talking about. Isa is a keeper Zenernet!!👍🏻

Mar 02, 2020

Glad we were able to help Tracy - our consultants are the best in the business when it comes to solar knowledge and transparency. Thanks for working with us!

Cheng Wei Tang

March 2nd, 2020 Concord, CA

Mike B is an excellent sales person for Zenernet. I haven’t heard of this company before and was apprehensive; however, Mike put my mind at ease immediately with his professionalism and knowledges of solar energy. Kudos to Zenernet for having great employees.

Mar 02, 2020

Awesome Cheng Wei - we only take the best on our sales team, and arm them with a thorough understanding of solar and how to use it to benefit our customers. Great to hear that you've enjoyed working with us!

Andrea Verbeek

March 2nd, 2020 Chicago, IL

Isa was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He was great to work with.

Mar 02, 2020

Great to hear Andrea - thanks for working with us!

Xavier Ramirez

March 2nd, 2020 Bolingbrook, IL

Michael explain everything in detail so I can understand what my options are. Also very professional and talked with me not at me or down to me. It was a pleasure speaking with him.

Mar 02, 2020

The pleasure is ours! Great to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for working with us!

Katherine Miller

March 2nd, 2020 Great Barrington, MA

Fabulous service, Mike was friendly and informative, the whole process was very transparent, no pressure, with lots of options that are clearly explained. Zenernet has been the easiest solar provider to work with so far!

Mar 02, 2020

Great to hear Katherine - we work hard to make things easy and informative for our customers. Thanks for working with us!

Karoleen Francis

March 2nd, 2020 Arcadia, CA

The consultation was the best I’ve seen of all the companies I’ve received quotes from. It’s very transparent. Mike, our sales consultant, shared his screen with us and we could see how changes in the system impact the price. I appreciate that over being given an arbitrary estimate. We haven’t made a decision yet but Zenernet is at the top of our list.

Mar 02, 2020

Great to hear Karoleen - it's very important to us to be transparent with our pricing and sales process. We've put lots of thought and work into making our consultation the best in solar, and we're glad you found it helpful!

Michael Hayes

March 2nd, 2020 Mesa, AZ

Very understanding about his product. Yes the right questions.

Mar 02, 2020

Great to hear Michael - thanks for working with us!

Wallace Wong

February 26th, 2020 Sunnyvale, CA

My experience is great. My consultant did a great job explaining to me the different options available. I appreciate the transparency in the design process.

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Wallace - thanks for working with us!

RYAN gonzaga

February 26th, 2020 Bell Gardens, CA

Michael B was a friendly and knowledgeable rep who helped me with an initial consultation.

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Ryan - look forward to working with you!

Don

February 26th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

My initial communication was very pleasant and informative.

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Don - the pleasure's ours!

Conniet

February 26th, 2020 Antioch, CA

I like the convenience of handling the transaction over the phone and the computer. My representative Heather M was extremely helpful.

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Conniet - our consultation process is definitely convenient! Thanks for reaching out.

shane spray

February 25th, 2020 Queen Creek, AZ

Greg L was a tremendous help evaluating our possible solar panel needs. His presentation of relevant data was through and gave us all the information we needed. I would recommend Greg and Zenernet in a heartbeat. Shane Spray

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Shane - thanks for working with us!

Frank

February 25th, 2020 Henderson, NV

I learned from them some vital info about what a solar system can or cannot do.

Feb 26, 2020

Glad to hear Frank - thanks for working with us!

Ron

February 25th, 2020 Katy, TX

Pros: 1. Greg was very knowledgeable and could explain concepts easily. I’ve spoken to two other solar companies (Sun Run and a small local provider) and Greg was the better communicator. 2. The Zenernet customer experience was the best and I like that there are apps that I could use to monitor the solar panels and “package” the system details and history for the next homeowner if/when I sell my home. 3. Zenernet offers the most flexibility in design, best APR for financing, and best warranty Cons: none

Feb 26, 2020

All pros, no cons! That's what we like to see! Thanks for sharing your experience, Ron - glad it was such a positive one. Let us know how else we can help!

Dave

February 25th, 2020 Fountain Hills, AZ

Greg did well. Answered all my questions and did a very professional job of presenting his company and range of product options...

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Dave - glad we could help!

Travis Williams

February 25th, 2020 Romeoville, IL

Non pushy, took the time to answer all of my questions and walk me through designs and costs. Isa was excellent and I look forward to continuing to work with them.

Feb 26, 2020

We look forward to working with you too Travis - glad you've had a great experience so far!

Jenny

February 25th, 2020 Sacramento, CA

The general explanation for getting a quote for solar panels was very professional.

Great to hear Jenny!

Bruce

February 25th, 2020 Huntington Beach, CA

He was very pleasant and informative. Was not pushy at all and addressed all my questions.

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome Bruce - thanks for working with us!

Paul

February 25th, 2020 Mill Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very informative and patient in answering all of my questions. Many different options discussed——different panels, their costs, size, roof placements. Done on line, I n real time.

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Paul - glad you had a great experience with us!

Lucian Naum

February 21st, 2020 Gilroy, CA

Great experience and good education with no sales pressure.Very knowledgeable and pleasant guy. Thank you Mike we’ll be talking again L.N.

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Lucian - we'll look forward to talking with you again soon!

Juan franco

February 21st, 2020 Chicago, IL

Mike explained all the contract terms, panel location on roof , warranty, finance, answered all questions, great attitude, friendly, patient, we had a great experience while getting informed about solar.

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome, Juan - glad to hear you had such a great experience!

Erick Romero

February 21st, 2020 Tucson, AZ

Great customer service, Heather was very patient and knowledgeable

Feb 26, 2020

Glad to hear Erick - let us know how else we can help!

wilmer stuckey

February 21st, 2020 Longview, TX

mike was great .easy to understand program!

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Wilmer - let us know how else we can help!

Dave

February 21st, 2020 Hayward, CA

The reps are great, Like Heather. She is an expert and great resource of info. Heather provides info on the latest tech, sound system design and is very responsive to questions.

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome Dave - glad you've enjoyed your experience with us!

Andrew Y Lee

February 19th, 2020 Wylie, TX

It was great experience get to knowing solar system with great step by step explanation by Mike.

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Andrew - thanks for working with us!

Thomas Davis

February 19th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

Consultant Greg was very informative, knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions. Wasn't sure what to expect or exactly what to look / ask for. Greg made the process simple.

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear Thomas - we specialize in making solar simple!

Nilesh Kansara

February 19th, 2020 Austin, TX

Isa was really thorough in presenting the plan and was very patient in working with me. Thanks

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome Nilesh - thanks for working with us!

Coach Taylor

February 19th, 2020 New Lenox, IL

Our phone consultation with Heather was informative and friendly as we explore our options of going solar. She was patient with us as we had a lot of questions. Following her screen online was a nice option to have to see the proposal.

Feb 26, 2020

We're always happy to answer questions - glad you've enjoyed working with us!

Chipwood3

February 19th, 2020 Aubrey, TX

Mike was awesome. Very knowledgeable, thorough and presented options that met my needs. Excellent experience. Looking forward to the project!!

Feb 26, 2020

We're looking forward to your project too - thanks for going solar with us!

Greg

February 19th, 2020 Chicago, IL

A very special thank you to Mike M for the very educational, no-pressure phone consultation. Martha and I are going into solar knowing next to nothing, and Mike really helped us understand what it takes to go solar with Zenernet. We are relieved that we can sign up with 0-down and make low payments instead of paying our utility an arm and a leg!

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome, Greg - glad we were able to help you save money and gain independence from your utility!

Jon Corke

February 19th, 2020 ,

Very informative and low pressure consultation and an overall pleasurable experience.

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Jon - glad to help!

Charles

February 14th, 2020 Dallas, TX

A good overview of the project. Well explained.

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Charles - let us know how else we can help!

George

February 14th, 2020 Arlington, TX

Heather really clarified the whole solar process. We really liked the interactive program online. If you are not able to meet face to face, this is a great way to make initial contact. She explained everything with expertise. Thanks.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks George - our remote consultation is definitely convenient. Glad you enjoyed it!

Adam

February 14th, 2020 Elgin, IL

Very friendly, lots of information, easy to talking, great experience.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Adam - thanks for working with us!

Gary Vertreese

February 14th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

I have been looking at " solar", for quite some time. This morning I had the good fortune to find "Zenernet", quite a name. More specifically I was connected to Ryan G. In a very short period of time, I realized that I was speaking to someone that actually knew what they were talking about, he answered all of my questions while also educating me about solar. The most impressive part of our meeting was his not being an overbearing salesperson while extolling the virtues of "Zenernet solar". I will be doing business with Zenernet.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Gary - we take pride in educating our customers and allowing them to make an informed decision without pressure. We look forward to helping you go solar!

Dacia

February 13th, 2020 Peoria, AZ

No pressure sales approach that was very informative. The price was considerable lower than a competitor and the products used much better quality.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Dacia - we're proud to stand out in price, products, and process!

Howard Fields

February 13th, 2020 San Francisco, CA

Quick, knowledgeable, great communication skills, no pressure, super helpful. Need more like Greg!!

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Howard - glad you've enjoyed your experience with us!

Tim Bouseman

February 13th, 2020 Queen Creek, AZ

Received an informative presentation about solar potential.

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Tim - let us know how else we can help!

Eddie

February 13th, 2020 Monee, IL

Mike was great in explaining everything I asked and got me up to speed on the project.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks for working with us Eddie!

Sarah S.

February 12th, 2020 Oakland, CA

Mike M. really helped me understand solar and warranties. Thank you Zenernet.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Sarah - let us know how else we can help!

Paul Hessler

February 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although initially i found it odd dealing with an out of state solar company for my future solar needs it soon became apparent that I made the right decision. Dealing with Greg from sales was an absolute pleasure. His calm demeanor and explanation of the process with his presentation made the process understandable. Greg, the company manager and the production team were all very helpful and attentive to my needs. I had a bit of a glitch with commumication in the scheduling phase, but the company owner stepped in and sorted things out. He understood the importance of proper communication the relationship between the customer and his company. And for that I was appreciative. Despite that, I highly recommend Zenernet for anyones solar needs.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks for the thorough review Paul - glad you had a good experience all the way through. It's a team effort and everyone at Zenernet is committed to delivering the best experience in solar! Thanks for working with us.

Ronda Gillespie

February 12th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

Cordial, informative, enlightening, and Mike answered all our questions.

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Ronda - glad we could help!

Dave M

February 12th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Isa is a very professional and pleasure to work with.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Dave - thanks for working with us!

Randy Smithwick

February 12th, 2020 Weatherford, TX

Very good , was polite, knowledgeable and wasn’t pushy I like that.

Feb 14, 2020

We'll never pressure our customers - thanks for working with us Randy!

Gregory Hines

February 12th, 2020 Chicago, IL

Customer service sales person was very nice and knowledgeable and explain everything.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad to help Gregory - thanks for contacting us!

Joseph

February 12th, 2020 Arkansas City, KS

Greg gave a very good presentation. It answered a lot of questions.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Joseph - thanks!

Sharath Reddy

February 12th, 2020 Burlingame, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very nice and helpful! No one rushed me at all.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks Sharath - glad to help!

jay lozada

February 12th, 2020 Valencia, CA

Very informative!! Useful info and basically gave me options that would help Me In my decision-making

Feb 14, 2020

Glad to help Jay - let us know if you have any further questions.

Dennis Knicklebine

February 12th, 2020 Snyder, TX

Answered all my questions about the solar panels and the services.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad we could help Dennis - thanks for reaching out!

Declan Wyrick

February 12th, 2020 Richmond, CA

Great sales/qualifying process with good questions about current usage, motivations for purchase with transparency about the best solution for the moment. A consultative approach instead of a transactional hard sale.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad you had a great experience Declan - we pride ourselves on being pressure-free!