Tax Defense Network

verified

8.8

Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $14.5 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation. The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Variety of Services
  • Professional Team
  • Available Nationwide
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt you have and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Variety of Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows customers with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, tax liens, and bank levies.

The qualified professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare solutions such as innocent spouse relief.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail. Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

Positive Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews. Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and find resolutions.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. The company does not have a minimum debt requirement and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent.. Though the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

Dennis Howland
September 20th, 2018 Grand Ridge, FL DETAILS

Excellent service. I felt genuine concern for my plight. Options were clearly explained

willing
September 20th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

too slow to respond after initial contact; didn't have direct immediate payment options -required financing; out of three firms- this was priced the highest

Ms. Lopez
September 14th, 2018 Bristow, VA DETAILS

Total waste of time and money! After dealing with them we actually are in worse shape than we were before we started because of their handling of our case. Tax Defense has been paid in full for their services and the case is still not resolved. Hard to get return phone calls and prompt responses to email queries. Even contacted the corporate office to say we needed some answers to why we received a lien while Tax Defense is working on our case, which we were told COULD NOT happen, and of course so far they have not returned our call or responded to the email! The money been paid to Tax Defense could have gone towards our taxes to show the IRS we are trying to resolve the matter, instead we wasted it on Tax Defense only to end up with no results!

Lee SingletonSep 13, 2018

Ms. Lopez, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. Would like the opportunity to address and better understand what took place. I have also sent you a private message. Lee Singleton

AwasteOfTime
September 4th, 2018 Redlands, CA DETAILS

They wouldn't take our case. We were trying to reduce or eliminate only penalties and interest on back, late filed taxes, totally paid. We

Lee SingletonSep 05, 2018

Please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. Would like the opportunity to address and better understand what took place.

Janet
August 31st, 2018 Scottsville, VA DETAILS

So far, I am not pleased at all. They advertise that they can settle for pennies on the dollar. I am now told they cannot do that. I have paid the company money, I could have been paying towards my debt. Starting to research another company. I don't understand how this company has such a high rating.

Lee SingletonSep 05, 2018

Janet, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. Would like the opportunity to address and better understand what took place. Lee Singleton

liezel
August 29th, 2018 Vallejo, CA DETAILS

first they did not tell me that the person handling my case went on emergency leave then they transferred my case from one agent to another-neither one of the agents returns phone calls. Its very stressful that until now they don't have an answer even to an email. Sometimes they sound irritated when I follow up my case.

Lee SingletonAug 30, 2018

Please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. I have also sent you a private message with more information. Lee Singleton

Leanna Weaver
August 21st, 2018 Atlanta, TX DETAILS

If I could give a zero I would. They did not resolve my tax issues. All they did was put it on hold. I could've called the IRS and did that myself. The original agreement was going to be $5000.00 to get a payment arrangement or settlement amount. So there went $5000 down the drain. Switched bank accounts, and draft didn't come out for $300. Called again to let them know to take it out of different account. While I was on the phone I wanted a number to complain about my case. Would not give me a phone number until they took out the payment again. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Lee SingletonAug 21, 2018

Leanna, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. Would like the opportunity to address and better understand what took place. Lee Singleton

Michael Cohen
August 13th, 2018 Waterford, MI

After being ripped off by another tax relief company, I was (and still am) skeptical about moving in another direction. TDN has already taken steps that hasn't been taken before, and communication has been what I needed all along. They have provided that so far.

Shelton WalkerAug 29, 2018

Hi Michael, We love hearing this great news. Thank you so much for leaving your feedback.

Sonny Willis
August 6th, 2018 Manor, TX DETAILS

I was excited to finally engage a reputable tax relief company to assist with several years of unfiled taxes. They agreed to prepare those returns and the cost was included in the fee quoted. At first they were responsive, I believe because they were billing me monthly and wanted to put their best foot forward. It didn’t last. Getting someone to return my call when there were questions was more than a challenge. They told me that I could sign and email or fax the completed returns, only to get letters from the IRS stating that original signatures were required. I would have assumed that TDN would have been aware of that, but apparently the representative I worked with did not. When I discussed this with them I was basically told to just take the forms that I had faxed and submit them. To make a long story short, I ended up paying every penny that I owed, including penalties and interest. What I got for my money was tax preparation and an agreement on when I could pay off my debt. Now that that has been done, I am receiving letters from the IRS that tell me that I still owe taxes for one of the years that was filed whose total was NOT included in the “settlement”. I have reached out to TDN to inquire about this matter and have heard NOTHING from them for almost 6 weeks. I feel that now that I have paid TDN and did a lump sum payment to the IRS, they have no further interest in assisting me. I am remorseful for paying TDN $6500.00 and now they won’t even return my calls or email. If I could possibly Tate them a zero I would feel totally justified.

Lee SingletonAug 07, 2018

Sonny, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss and address these issues. I have also sent you a private message with more information. Lee Singleton

Tim B
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

They made my situation with the IRS worse and won't return my calls or recognize a well documented mistake on their part. So far the only solution they have offered is for me to rehire them.

Lee SingletonJul 24, 2018

Tim, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss. I have also sent you a private message with more information.

India Bauer
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

I am continuing to have problems even after having an agreement and it is still not resolved. Feeling pretty pissed right now. If this matter is actually resolved, I might feel differently about my experience, but right now, my experience has been that I have to light a fire under people to get anything done.

Lee SingletonJul 24, 2018

India, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss these issues. I have also sent you a private message with more information.

Christopher
July 17th, 2018 Bryn Mawr, PA

After inputting my initial information online, a Customer Service Rep called me to walk through the services and then put me on hold for a few minutes, came back to tell me she was going to connect me to someone else and put me on hold again. I waited again and when she came back she again advised me she needed to put me on hold again. I told her she could call me back when she has someone ready-to-go to talk to me, but that she shouldn't call people and then put them on hold multiple times, making them wait for long periods. Bad customer service and just plain rude. And while I was very polite I have not heard back from them again. Good riddance ... I guess if they can't manage their front-end how can they manage the IRS?!

Lee SingletonJul 17, 2018

Christopher, our apology for this experience. I understand how this would be frustrating. Please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss. I have also sent you a private message with more information.

Mike Regan
July 16th, 2018 Clifton Heights, PA DETAILS

Lack of communication and service was totally horrible . If I didn't call them I would have not found out my service rep was replaced

Lee SingletonJul 16, 2018

Mike, my apology to you for these issues. Would you be willing to discuss in more detail? Please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss. I have also sent you a private message with more information.

Michielle Wilson
July 16th, 2018 Greenwood, IN DETAILS

My helper got me a low payment I can afford

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Michielle, Nothing we love more than when we are able to help out in the best way possible.

Linda Olson
July 16th, 2018 Colfax, WA DETAILS

They helped alleviate a lot of stress and find resolution to my situation

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Linda, We understand that these issues can cause much stress so we are relieved to hear we helped in reducing that for you. Thank you so much for your comments.

Kenetha/Succor Building Services,Inc
July 16th, 2018 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

They worked very hard to resolve my issues

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Kenetha, We love hearing that we could help resolve your issue. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

JM
July 16th, 2018 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

The reps kept me informed of all important communications with the IRS. They helped me preparethe documents I needed in dealing with the IRS.

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi, We love it. We are glad to hear we were able to assist you in with communicating with the IRS.

Heather Irizarry
July 16th, 2018 Rancho Mirage, CA DETAILS

It is a very good firm: very professional, great attention to detail.

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Heather, Thank you SO SO much for your kind words. We love hearing that you had a great experience with us.

Edward
July 16th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

Good result. Spotty communication re status.

Anna bichiashvili / Randall Bird
July 16th, 2018 Bishopville, SC DETAILS

In the begining the agent let me down. But then they asigned me anna. And she was great . Went right to work on my case and

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Randall, Anna is going to be ecstatic to hear this. Thank you so much for this great review.

Angela T
July 16th, 2018 Frankfort, KY DETAILS

Very Effective but slow to get things going

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi Angela, I am happy to hear that once we got things moving on our end that it was very effective.

amy brown
July 16th, 2018 Woodland Park, CO DETAILS

they have botched the reason i called and promised results that will never come

Lee SingletonJul 16, 2018

Amy, would you be willing to discuss in more detail? Please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss. I have also sent you a private message with more information.

Terre G
July 16th, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Great work preparing my tax returns. Not very good on follow-through dealing/negotiating with the IRS.

Sherry
July 16th, 2018 Lancaster, CA DETAILS

I gave Tax defense network 5 stars because they help resolve my tax issue in a timely manner.

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Sherry, Ahh we love it! We are so happy that we not only resolved your issues but we did it in a timely manner.

Ronald Landrum
July 16th, 2018 Neosho, MO DETAILS

They did nothing to solve my tax problem.

Lee SingletonJul 16, 2018

Ronald, please contact us at 877-856-5118 to discuss your case in more detail. I have also sent you a private message. Thank you.

July 16th, 2018 Rancho Cordova, CA DETAILS

because of customer service/personal reasons

Lee SingletonJul 16, 2018

Our apology for your experience. Please call 877-856-5118 so that we can address these issues. I have also sent you a private message. Thank you.

mrcon
July 11th, 2018 Cottage Grove, MN DETAILS

They resolved my tax issues with me coming out way on top!

Shelton WalkerJul 20, 2018

Hi, Fantastic news!! We love hearing these great success stories. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

Richard Thompson
July 10th, 2018 Clovis, CA DETAILS

They did great got me on an uncollectable statued

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

Hi Richard, Thank you for your awesome review. We loving hearing great success stories like this one.

Edwin Abramson
July 10th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

They kept ALL of their promises and delivered the same.

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

Hi Edwin, That is because we are ALL IN on providing the customer with a wonderful experience.

Fernando Borenstein
July 10th, 2018 Valencia, CA DETAILS

was some help but was expecting more. I will continue to have to deal with tax debt. Arrangement with state is the same as I had before employing the service. My Federal debt is on hold but will have to be dealt with in the future. I was expecting a resolution not a deferral. I feel that the price that I paid is too high for a temporary solution as opposed to a permanent solution.

Jack Bell
July 10th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

TDN promises to negotiate you a fair and lower tax bill. Although did for me was get my tax bill increased by $10,000.00. When I signed up they told me they would go through my tax preparation agin to see if they could do better. They not only didn't go through my tax filing they lost my taxes papers, didn't file my taxes until a year after they were due when I had signed up with them a month before my taxes were due. The is the sorriest excuse for a business I have ever heard of in practice.

Lee SingletonJul 12, 2018

Jack, we are sorry this was your experience with Tax Defense Network and would like to discuss further to ensure we did all we were able to do in order to help with your situation. Please contact us at 877-856-5118 and one of our Client Experience experts will be glad to review your case.

Awesome!
July 10th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

They took care of my horrible tax problems and literally made them go away.

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

Whoo hoo! We love hearing fantastic stories like this. Thank you Awesome for this awesome review.

Naydall-Maldonado Hurst, Amber Sarmiento, Keith Johnson, Pamela Thomas
July 10th, 2018 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

They fixed my tax issues 6 years ago, they have been doing my taxes ever since.

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

Thank you for stopping by 6 years later and leaving us this fantastic review. We love that we are still helping you today.

Speaking my mine
July 10th, 2018 Rowland, NC DETAILS

Because i was already paying my taxes they said stop pd them and we did they were trying to do away with it but they did help me because now i am in more then a little i have got to start paying 600.00 dolllar next yrs until it payed off but yet i should have left ya"ll along i gust because i'm a truck driving i make a lot of money i might lose everything me & my wife wrk for &she is disable and now butting head with then i know my GOD has got to have a very big blessing for me&my wife no i would not refer ya"ll to anyone

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We would love to connect with you on this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can work through this with you.

Peter
July 10th, 2018 Elmont, NY DETAILS

Knowledgeable, Curteous and Caring Tax Defense put me at ease with my tax situation.

Shelton WalkerJul 11, 2018

Hi Peter, We know taxes can be a bit over whelming, so we love to hear we were able to make them a bit easier for you.

Michael charlebois
July 6th, 2018 Shelbyville, TN DETAILS

I have paid almost $ 2,500.00 to tax defense network and having no resoultion as of yet , very frustrated at this point i have went through several tax analysis it is very hard to get a response and rhey will not refund your money i am about to just take matters into my own hands and deal with the irs myself .

Shelton WalkerJul 09, 2018

Hi Michael, We are frustrated to hear that you have had this experience. We will be following up with you shortly. We appreciate your feedback.

Thomas Dzema
July 3rd, 2018 Allentown, PA DETAILS

I'm about to pay my second payment of $800 tomorrow and your company has done nothing to help me!

Shelton WalkerJul 09, 2018

Hi Thomas, We are looking into your case and will have someone following up with you shortly. We are extremely sorry that you are experiencing this.

Allen Cassell
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They are very professional in what they do, as well as caring and understanding. They are quality! They are true Americans!

Shelton WalkerJul 09, 2018

Hi Allen, We take pride in serving our clients as much as we take pride in our home team

Crystal Lysinger
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Tax Defense has been very helpful with dealing with the IRS on our behalf.

Shelton WalkerJul 09, 2018

Hi Crystal, We are so happy to hear that we have been able to provide you with help.

Fides Dizon.
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They solve my problem. They were very thorough. They told me everything that i could expect. They are professionals.

Shelton WalkerJul 09, 2018

Hi Fides, The team is going to love hearing this! Thank you so much for leaving a wonderful review.