Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

verified

9.1

Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $15.7 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation. The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Variety of Services
  • Professional Team
  • Available Nationwide
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt you have and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Variety of Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows customers with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, tax liens, and bank levies.

The qualified professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare solutions such as innocent spouse relief.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail. Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

Positive Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews. Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and find resolutions.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. The company does not have a minimum debt requirement and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent.. Though the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

Paula
November 20th, 2018 Montgomery, AL DETAILS

I couldn't be happier with the service I am receiving from the tax experts at Tax Dense Network. The agent assigned to my case (Max W) has been extremely professional and helpful though out the process.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

Paula, Your happiness is our main focus. We will be sure to let Max know how much he's appreciated. Thank you for your review.

Monica
November 20th, 2018 Jacksonville, AR DETAILS

Thus far the service Tax Defense Network has provided has been great! The agent assigned to my case , Max W, has been extremely professional and helpful throughout the process. He has been following up with me since the beginning.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

Monica, Maxwell is the best and so are you! Thank you for this amazing review.

Patricia A Scott
November 20th, 2018 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

Tax Defense Network is probably the most professional, efficient and knowledgeable agency you could ever trust with your IRS issues. I had utilized another popular Tax Resolution Company who is well known and advertises that they are a BBB accredited, but in fact, hides their incompetence and inability to do as they promised. Please do your homework with this well advertised company and read all their negative reviews. Tax Defense Network not only does an outstanding job with tax debt, but maintains contact during the process via e-mail and phone calls, and if you leave a message, you receive a immediate response. Robert C, is by far, one of the best Tax Analysts you will have ever had the pleasure to work with and treated me with respect, empathy and in a non-judgmental way. Not only did he and the staff at Tax Defense Network resolved my IRS issue with a payment plan that is affordable, but gave me additional information to help if I had any issues with tax preparation and or future concerns that may arise. I cannot speak highly enough of Tax Defense Network and would recommend their services to anyone who is struggling with IRS debt and needs some peace of mind in resolving their debt.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

Patricia, We are so glad to hear this. We never want our clients to feel like their needs aren't important to us. We hope that you continue to have a peace of mind and no more stress when it comes to your IRS issues. Thank you for this awesome review.

Stephen Crossley
November 20th, 2018 DETAILS

To who it may concern. I am writing this review to let you know that I really appreciate the help I got from everyone at Tax Defense Network, My agent Maxwell W was really helpful and very supportive through my ordeal with the I.R.S. I would have no hesitation recommending him to any one that needs expert advice. Yours sincerely Stephen Crossley.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

Stephen, This is awesome news! We are happy that you received top-notch care throughout this entire journey. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

David Platt
November 20th, 2018 Bullard, TX DETAILS

I am very satisfied with the overall performance of Tax Defence Network. They were very Informant from the beginning In helping me understand the process of operation and my responsibility. The outcome was the best I could hope for, no compromising, very professional.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

David, Transparency is key to a successful outcome. We are glad that you are pleased with the results of your case. Enjoy your holiday!

Charlie
November 20th, 2018 Mooresville, NC DETAILS

Just hired them to handle my tax issues. So far they've been great to work with.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

Charlie, You have, equally, been a pleasure to work with. Thank you for your review.

W. Jones
November 20th, 2018 East Orange, NJ DETAILS

I am pleased with the care and quick attention I receive from my tax consultant, Maxwell at tax defense network.

Taylor SpinekNov 20, 2018

W. Jones, That's awesome! We are pretty sure Maxwell is quicker than Jimmy Johns. Thank you for this awesome review.

Joseph
November 16th, 2018 Albion, PA DETAILS

Good communication. Friendly easy people to work with. I recommend using this company if u have tax problems.

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Joseph, We appreciate you, friend! Thank you for your awesome review.

Debbie
November 16th, 2018 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

Awesome service took care of my situation with great results

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Debbie, You're awesome! We are glad that you received the results you were hoping for. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Lynn in SC
November 16th, 2018 Woodruff, SC DETAILS

The first rep assigned to me left the company and I hadn't been contacted at all for over three months. When I called, I was reassigned to Deborah A. Would you believe that I contacted her on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 and my tax situation was resolved on Thursday, November 15, 2018. She was super professional and obviously good at her job. Thank heavens for Debbie. Just in time for the holidays.

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Lynn, Debbie is basically Wonder Woman. We appreciate your feedback. Although we never like to hear that our clients had a rough patch through their journey with us, we are glad things fell into place accordingly. Thank you for your review.

Robert Adam Smith Sr.
November 16th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Tax Defense Network provided me with a true professional that made everything I needed to do absolutely clear. She knows what she is doing and the IRS agreed to our terms on the very 1st submission. Payment plan is set up and everything is in place for me to continue on with life.

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Robert, Thank you for much for your review. We are pleased that you have had an enjoyable experience throughout your journey. We wish you all the best in your future life adventures!

Robert Adam Smith
November 16th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS

I was placed with a well qualified technician that knew exactly what needed to be done in order for my situation to be resolved, an agreement was immediately accepted by the IRS and the program has worked as advertised.

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Robert, Fantastic! We're glad that the agreement was Jimmy John's fast and you can move on to bigger and better things in life. Thank you for taking the time to leave this amazing review.

Pernell
November 15th, 2018 Steubenville, OH DETAILS

Now that I'm in the middle they are pretty much excellent. They are more responsive to my calls and getting it done quicker. Before, they weren't calling me back or answering my emails.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Pernell, I am sorry we did not get off to a hot start, however, I love hearing that we were able to turn it around for you. Thank you so much for your feedback.

November 15th, 2018 Kalamazoo, MI DETAILS

They're cooperative and pretty consistent in helping me resolve my tax situation.

Taylor SpinekNov 15, 2018

Anonymous, That is great news! The best relationships require cooperation and consistency and relationships with our clients are priority. Thank you for the great review!

Naomi
November 15th, 2018 Kevil, KY DETAILS

They quoted me on a price and then tried to increase the price later until we listened to the call. The lady working on our case is very professional.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Hi Naomi, We love hearing that we provided great professionalism to you. Thank you for this review.

Tina
November 15th, 2018 Huntersville, NC DETAILS

They can make a resolution with the IRS and be the go between. The first time I used them their customer service was much better than the second time.

Ricky
November 15th, 2018 Gainesville, FL DETAILS

This is the third time I've used them, and my experience this time has not been as good. They haven't been responsive at all, I'm not very happy with it right now.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Hi Ricky, This is unacceptable. We would love for you to give us a call at your earliest convenience so we can get this squared away. Please contact us at: 877-856-5118

Lee
November 15th, 2018 Flossmoor, IL DETAILS

This is the third time I have used them, and they've helped me out of my situation. They know what they are doing, and they take all the worry out of it.

Raymond
November 15th, 2018 Murrells Inlet, SC DETAILS

Every time I needed them, they were there. They would return my calls, answer my questions, and get back to me promptly. I owed the government $200,000 and they were able to negotiate and improve it, they saved my life.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Not only does everybody love Raymond but they love this review as well. Even though we saved your life we would like to clarify that we are not doctors but we did stay in a Holiday Inn last night. In all seriousness thank you for this fantastic review. We are so happy we were able to help.

Jason
November 15th, 2018 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS

I received excellent results with them, they always take care of me. They're friendly, helpful, and do what they say they're going to do for me.

Taylor SpinekNov 15, 2018

Jason, my man! We love hearing that we were able to take such great care of you. Thank you for taking the time to leave this awesome review.

Dale
November 15th, 2018 Coplay, PA DETAILS

I've been going through some health issues and they've been working with me on that. They work really hard to get the best price.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Hi Dale, We are happy to hear that we have been able to work with you through these hard times. Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review as well.

Francis
November 15th, 2018 Ramona, CA DETAILS

They help me a lot, but sometimes they don't always get back to me in a timely fashion.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Hi Francis, We are happy we could help. Your feedback on our time management is appreciated as well. We love constructive feedback because it allows us to improve moving forward.

Patricia
November 15th, 2018 Pasadena, TX DETAILS

The communication is off a little, but they are trying.

Taylor SpinekNov 16, 2018

Patricia, We will continue to do our absolute best to increase our performance. Thank you for your review.

James
November 15th, 2018 Sterling Heights, MI DETAILS

They did not keep me informed about my progress and they didn't complete the task at hand.

Taylor SpinekNov 16, 2018

James, We hate hearing that we didn't get back with you as we should've. Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for the review.

Renee
November 15th, 2018 Loganville, GA DETAILS

They didn't do anything for me. Everything they promised me at the beginning they did not fulfil. They wound up just doing a payment for me and that's something I can do on my own and they charged me $4,000. When I asked for them to return my tax papers I had to wait, and I still haven't received everything in totality. They misrepresented it themselves and took advantage of me. It's the worst decision I have made.

Taylor SpinekNov 16, 2018

Renee, This is completely unacceptable on our part. We would love to correct it. Please contact us at: 877-856-5118 to discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

Vincent
November 15th, 2018 Chester, SC DETAILS

It was a desperate time for me when I signed up for tax relief so I thought it was a good call. But after they worked on it, the government garnished my check again.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Vincent, We are very sorry this has happened to you. We would love for you to give us a call so we could look farther into this. Please contact us at 877-856-5118

Jerome
November 15th, 2018 Lowndesboro, AL DETAILS

This doesn't do what the advertisements say, you will pay more money and still have to pay the government back without a cut in taxes. They didn't take care of anything I needed, and it just cost me more money.

Jana
November 15th, 2018 Hales Corners, WI DETAILS

You're really prompt and overall you do a really good job.

Shelton WalkerNov 16, 2018

Hi Jana, We love hearing this! Thank you so much for leaving this great review. You rock!

Cyndi
November 16th, 2018 Detroit, MI DETAILS

My experience with Tax Defense Network has been excellent. All information pertaining to what could’be done about my tax situation was explained and later the process. I recently received a call from my representative stating that they were submitting my case for review and would later be in touch with the me ragarding the end result. I appreciate all the work put into getting my case reconciled but most of all I appreciate Tax Defense for their help. No matter the out come, I feel I have done my best to get the amount owed lower if not cancelled. Thank you.

Taylor SpinekNov 19, 2018

Cyndi, This is absolutely awesome! We are glad we could help with cancelling as much stress as possible. Thank you for this awesome review.

Tim
November 15th, 2018 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

The whole team has been very helpful and responsive. From the initial phone conversation until now I have no complaints.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Tim, We are so happy to hear that you have had a great experience thus far. Thank you so much for this review.

Paul Triplett
November 15th, 2018 Windsor, MO DETAILS

Heather and Barry were awesome! I've actually used this service twice in last 10yrs. They are very friendly and understanding I hope I'll never have trouble again with taxes but if I do I'll call them 1st. I would highly recommend them to anyone having tax issues.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Paul, We hope to not see you for tax trouble as well, but we would love to keep working with from our Tax prep side. Give us a call to see if we can help you with. Thank you so much for this great review.

Lahna Avery
November 15th, 2018 Newberg, OR DETAILS

Corrie's communication was great. She kept in touch, explained everything very well and achieved what we were hoping for! She was never impatient with me or condescending and made a humbling experience easier.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

We love Corrie! Thank you, Lahna, for this fantastic review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Beverly Gonzales-Arrieta
November 15th, 2018 Boston, MA DETAILS

I am very appreciative of Mr. W knowledge of my situation and patience in dealing with me. I hope he will keep me as a client for as long as I need his services.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Beverly, We will love to keep you as a client for as long as we can. Thank you so much for leaving this great review.

greg
November 15th, 2018 Addison, ME DETAILS

We have received excellent support from Maxwell W as far as others at tdn, I can't say the same. when we first started our case we started out with Maxwell and then without notice were switched from one to another to another to handle our case and we never received updates when requested. Maxwell as far as we're concerned is the only one that deserves any credit for the success of our case.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Mr. Maxwell is taking over these reviews! Thank you, Greg, for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Arenza C Johnson
November 15th, 2018 Dallas, TX

My experience was good with the service.They understood my situation and promptly got on solving my problem.I was also helped with payment for these services. Satisfied.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Arenza, Man, we love this! We are so happy to hear that we were able to get this problem solved for you. Thank you so much for the review.

James W. Cox
November 15th, 2018 Tarboro, NC DETAILS

It has been an extreme pleasure to work with Maxwell W. His knowledge and expertise has made my tax dilemma much more understandable and manageable. His communications skills are to be commended. Calls, emails, arising issues are addressed promptly and concisely. In my opinion. probably the best "Corner Man" in your profession. Thanks for making this caliber individual available to round the edges of such an undesirable predicament.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

James, Our man Maxwell is going to be MVP this month. Thank you so much for your feedback with all of this. We love hearing about your positive experience.

John
November 15th, 2018 San Angelo, TX DETAILS

The CPA that I was assigned to and was charged an additional $1,000.00 for their service cost me an additional $860.00 due to making me wait to pay the IRS their amount your staff sent me. Communication with the CPA was poorly handled. The only thing Tax Defense Network did was charge me $2,500 to refer me to a CPA. I have documentation that proves the above statement.

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi John, Your review is greatly appreciated. We would love to speak with you more about this.

Adrian Pascual
November 15th, 2018 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

I like that they're helping me pay off my debt of course but when I call to discuss something concerning my case it takes forever to get a hold of that person. They need to keep me posted more I know they're handling my case but I would like more up to date communication. And less same email like I'm a new customer.

Taylor SpinekNov 16, 2018

Adrian, Thank you for your review. We never like to hear that our clients aren't getting the communication they deserve. We will get you better details pertaining to your case. Thank you for your review.

JERRY PINSON
November 15th, 2018 Little Rock, MS DETAILS

I went from owing around 10,000 for tax year 2016 to 21,000 and owing 7,000 for year 2017. Wow you really saved me alott of money on top of paying you guys 3,800. I could have done all that on my own all you did was file my taxes for those two years. Now I’m paying you 200 a month for 18 months and the irs 400 a month for who knows how long?

Taylor SpinekNov 16, 2018

Hi Jerry, We hate hearing this. We would love to have a second chance to work this out with you. Please contact us at: 877-856-5118

Ray
November 14th, 2018 Redlands, CA DETAILS

My wife and I are happy with what they've done so far. They give me good support. When I call them, they call back

Shelton WalkerNov 15, 2018

Hi Ray, We love reading this. We are happy to hear they we have been able to provide you great support thus far. Thank you so much for leaving us this great review.