Tax Defense Network

verified

Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $15.7 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation.

The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. These experts work to resolve tax problems on their client's behalf.

Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry.

With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Some of these solutions include providing tax representation and making offers in compromise that settle your tax debt to a lower total amount. Delinquent taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

View real Tax Defense Network reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Excellent Customer Reviews
  • Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services
  • Professional Debt Forgiveness Team
  • Available Nationwide

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt owed and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs and fees from customers.

Excellent Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews.

Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and resolve issues.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns and unpaid taxes, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt to something they could better afford to pay. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows individual taxpayers and businesses with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, federal tax lien issues, and bank levies.

The qualified tax forgiveness professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare IRS debt forgiveness solutions such as innocent spouse relief, student loan forgiveness programs, and other tax amnesty programs.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution through its tax relief services. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

The ability to work with tax experts makes Tax Defense Network a great option with seeking a tax relief agency.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Debt Forgiveness Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

A highly qualified tax team is vital for creating and providing customers with a quality tax forgiveness program.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail.

Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the tax relief services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. It has been in business for more than two decades, so it has valuable years of experience in the industry. The company has a minimum debt requirement of $5,000 and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent. Access to an attorney familiar with tax law is especially helpful for individuals with trickier tax situations. The average cost of Tax Defense Network's services is $2,500 to $3,000, though the actual cost varies based on a customer's tax situation.

While the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network as your tax relief agency because it is one of the best tax relief companies in the industry.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

3.7

Debbie
March 18th, 2019 Rancho Cordova, CA DETAILS

It took over a year for them to understand I didn't have a personal tax problem, it was a business tax problem even though I had been telling them from the beginning. I had to contact them constantly for updates. They couldn't keep things straight and when questioned about mistakes or miss information I was blown off. After over a year and a half dealing with multiple people they terminated my case because I didn't respond to them fast enough. I have since caught them in a lie. My case was unusual, however it was not that complicated.

Mar 20, 2019

Debbie, I am sorry to hear that this was your experience. I am sorry we couldn't help further but would like to know more about what transpired, please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Tyson
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Because they are very pushy, they are very misleading with their pitch, and they make it very apparent they are only after money.

Mar 20, 2019

Tyson, I would like to know who your sales person was as this is not our what we stand for at all. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

rippin rippoff
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

i had to do alll the work they did not do a tax compromise nor did the handle student loan

Mar 20, 2019

This is unfortunate news. We would like to remedy this as best as we can. Please reach out to us at 888-829-0563.

Honest person taken advantage of
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Very dishonest company. Complete was of money. Did not negotiate at all.

Mar 20, 2019

We never want our clients to feel as if they were taken advantage of. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can look into this further.

Chad
March 11th, 2019 Ankeny, IA DETAILS

I think I paid 7000 dollars for them to make a payment agreement with IRS. I think I'm paying for the rest of my life....No returns for me and I get taxed on a refund I don't get... I wanted them to take away this issue.... But I think they took my money and made a phone call.... What justifies $7000...Flat rate?

Mar 20, 2019

Chad, I would like to discuss this further. Please contact us at 888.829-0563.

Eddie Cox
March 6th, 2019 Germantown, TN

This is the third call I have received from a telephone markerter ...I wanted to talk to a tax professional but she would not give me a phone number to call them. She would only give me the "Marketing" number

John P
March 7th, 2019 Manchester, NH DETAILS

Thankfully for me, Tax Analyst Deborah A. took over my case and guided me to a favorable resolution. She was very available, assuring and easy to communicate with. Tax Defense Network delivered as advertised, got me out of a large tax debt and I would highly recommend them to anybody in need of relief.

Mar 11, 2019

John, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to help, thank you for choosing us to assist with your tax debt.

Kendal Wardle
March 4th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Awesome! Ben B was very professional to work with on structure the package they offered us.

Mar 05, 2019

Kendal, Thank you so much for the positive feedback and for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Jeff W.
March 4th, 2019 Hickory Hills, IL DETAILS

The tax professional in charge of my case isn't concerned about what is best for me .

Mar 05, 2019

Jeff, I would like to get this situated for you asap. Can you please reach us at 888-829-0563 so we can re-assign your tax professional?

Wilma B allard
March 4th, 2019 Whitewright, TX DETAILS

Hard to contact-did not listen to me-did not help with tax problems

Mar 05, 2019

Wilma, I am so sorry to hear this. I would like to look into this further, please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Jodell and Mark falteisek
March 7th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Awful, don’t bother!! They say on their site they do an analysis before taking your money, not true!! $6000 no communication on status, list documents, no return phone calls and now told they can’t help, because of our income. According to their own website that should have been don in the first hour!!!

Mar 11, 2019

Jodell, Thank you for your review even though we are sorry to hear that this was your experience. I have my Sr. Case Advisor reaching out to you to discuss.

Kristy Souser
March 1st, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

I recently worked with Ruth R and she answered all my questions and was able to get me a resolution quick! Thank you!!!

Mar 04, 2019

Kristy, No, thank you! Thank you for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Donald gist
February 27th, 2019 Union, SC DETAILS

It was the best company that ever help me with my taxes, kept me imform all the way through the process, and they solve me problem with the IRS, will recommend them with a 5 star rating the best company ever.

Mar 01, 2019

Donald, You're the real MVP! Thank you so much for your review and for choosing us to help in your tax matter.

Evelyn
February 26th, 2019 Manhattan, KS DETAILS

Professional, kind,sincere,helpful,reassuring.

Feb 26, 2019

Evelyn, You're a wonderful person. Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your tax matter.

JG
February 26th, 2019 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS

Hard to reach initially, took me calling them 5 separate times due to no call back. Then after $399.00 I got no benefit and what I found to be wrong information.

Feb 26, 2019

JG, That is horrible news. We would like to discuss this further. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Jerry Moore
February 25th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

I mis-reported stock sales in 2016 and was contacted by the IRS to pay back $16k in taxes + nearly $3k in penalties and interest. I contacted the Tax Defense Network and they said while they couldn't guarantee I could get the interest and penalties waived, that they had never seen a situation in which that hadn't happened with a case like mine. So I paid their $2,500 fee thinking at the very least I won't have to deal directly with the IRS and that the service would pay for itself by getting the penalties and interest waived. I was ecstatic when they audited my taxes and found that the IRS was wrong, that I didn't owe $16k but only $10k...great...then I wait and wait and wait...10 months before I get the go-ahead to pay the taxes but they were only able to waive $90 of the nearly $2k penalties and interest. Worse yet, I was told by the Money Resolver contact that they never get those fees waived...now I'm really mad because I was sold a line that I based on my decision on. In retrospect, I should have just taken it to my tax accountant who would have found the IRS discrepancy for a fraction of the cost. The other problem was that I had the money to pay the IRS 8 months before it was resolved but was told to wait to pay so that they could negotiate with the IRS...Mistake because then I ended up paying more penalties and interest during that time! From what I can tell, it's not that hard to contact the IRS and work this stuff out without this service. Get a good tax accountant and then work with the IRS and your tax accountant directly.

Feb 26, 2019

Jerry, I can understand your frustration. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can discuss this further.

Barry Lawrence
February 25th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Tax Defense network was a life saver for me. They were relentless in getting my case closed. If you are looking for real Pros. Look no farther.

Feb 26, 2019

Barry, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the outcome of your case. Your needs are very important to us.

Carl Morey
February 25th, 2019 Venice, FL DETAILS

Timely matter..friendly staff, very helpful

Feb 26, 2019

Carl, You're great! Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Larry A
February 21st, 2019 Redlands, CA DETAILS

Overall experience, Well worth your consideration! Personable, reliable, and effective! Ask for Dee Dee M to handle it!

Feb 22, 2019

Larry, Fantastic! I am so glad to hear that you had a good experience. Thank you for your review and for choosing us.

Michael Nadlman
March 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I've been working with TDN for the better part of 1 year to resolve my IRS tax issues. I have a large balance covering 6 years of tax returns. I engaged TDN to negotiate an installment agreement that I could afford and comply with. I received a call today from my rep Ms DeeDee M with the exceptionally good news that the IRS has placed my account in 'non-collectible' status. This is without a doubt a far better result than I could have ever expected or hoped for. I could not be more pleased with the service provided by TDN throughout this process. In particular though I must additionally point out and call attention to my account rep Ms DeeDee M. Throughout the entire process Ms M treated me with the most amazing level of professionalism, courtesy and customer service that I have ever experienced anywhere. She was consistently responsive, kind, understanding, efficient, helpful, calming and informative. I felt, at every point along the way, like I washer most important client. Dealing with the IRS can be enormously stressful and intimidating for an average taxpayer such as myself. Ms M was able to allay my anxiety and instill confidence that she and her team understood and had an excellent handle on my case. When she called me today to advise me of the IRS' decision, she sounded genuinely and sincerely pleased to provide me with such good news. She is a gem of a representative for your company and an absolutely lovely and wonderful person in general. Future clients will be most fortunate to end up with her assigned to their account. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about her in the space provided here. Thank you TDN and thank you from the bottom of my hear to Ms M!!!! Best regards, Michael Nadlman

Mar 20, 2019

Michael, Fantastic news!!! Happy to hear that you had a great experience with us.

Kifilu
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They couldn't defend me against the state enforcement agent

Feb 22, 2019

Kifilu, I would like to have someone look into your case further and see why this happened. Can you please give us a call at 888-829-0563?

Corey
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Very misleading in their work, too much non communication, very unprofessional

Feb 22, 2019

Corey, I am sorry to hear that this was your experience. We strive to make sure our clients never feel this way. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can look into this further.

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They used three people as my representative over several months. Two of those people left the company. They offered nothing to give me any relief and charged a lot. They informed me the IRS by law can't lower the amount you owe. What a sham they proved to be. I will say, when we determined thy could no longer help me, they did not continue to charge me a fee.

Feb 22, 2019

Anonymous, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience was less than enjoyable. Wishing you good luck on your journey.

Dennis Wade
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Takes to long to get accurate information to perform quests

Feb 26, 2019

Dennis, I am sorry to hear this. I will pass this information along to ensure that this issue is resolved across the board.

Bad business
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

90% of my check was taken by the IRS. Within a month of tgis company doing nothing, they garnished my bank account too.

Feb 22, 2019

I would like to hear more about your experience with us from the beginning. There may have been some miscommunication that we could clear up. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

James North
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They misled me in every way, they did not listen to me, get back and respond to my e mails . They kept sending endless paperwork to fill out that they knew i did not have but promised to get from the IRS. They failed me in every way and took my money.

Feb 26, 2019

James, I looked into your case. Please contact us to discuss further. Our direct number is 888-829-0563.

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

they don't do what they say. They just take your money. you are better off dealing directly with the government. After over a year of taking my money, I delt with the government and settled it over the phone in 15 minutes. Tax Defense won't return phone calls after their payments are set up.

Feb 22, 2019

Anonymous, I am sorry to hear this. We never want our clients to feel like they're not a priority to us. We wish you all the luck on your journey.

Tab
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Ineptitude. Kept passing my case around to different agents. Sent my social security over email in the clear unencrypted. I was incapacitated with a medical condition, as so I was told they would come to me. They only sent someone to sign me up, no other visits were made. It was impossible to tell the difference between their ads and official business related emails.

Feb 22, 2019

Tab, This is very disheartening. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can discuss further.

Bradley C. Oliver
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible Customer Service!! I mean really really BAD!!

Feb 26, 2019

Bradley, I am sorry you feel this way. Our customers are very important to us and hearing that they don't feel that way is disheartening.

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I would not recommend this service to anyone I know that is experiencing tax issues

Feb 22, 2019

Anonymous, We'd like to know why that is. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can discuss further. We hope you can give us a second chance.

Mr Lackey
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

poor communication and closed my case without final resolution

Feb 26, 2019

Mr. Lackey, I went to look further into your case but I do not have your first name. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can assist.

student loans
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They took too long to respond and didn't help me get my loans consolidated.

Feb 26, 2019

I am sorry to hear this. I would like to look into your case further and see what the hold up was on getting you the communication and resolution. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Laurie
February 12th, 2019 Porterville, CA DETAILS

I was having problems with filing taxes. They got to work right away and worked really hard on my case. I didn't like that there were a lot of workers that I went through before I go my main worker. Other than that they were great.

Feb 13, 2019

Laurie, Sorry to hear that you had some frustrations but happy that things worked out. Thank you for choosing us to assist in your matter and thank you for your review.

Leonard
February 12th, 2019 Gaston, OR DETAILS

I regret signing up. They left a year out of the settlement that was supposed to be included. They are very slow to communicate and they do not deliver what they promise.

Feb 13, 2019

Leonard, We would like to look into your case further. Please contact us at 888-829-0563. We want to fix these issues and your feedback is important.

Daniel
February 12th, 2019 Rockford, MI DETAILS

Save your money and do it yourself. I would not recommend Tax Defense Network to anybody. There is a lack of communication and they didn't deliver on what they promised.

Feb 13, 2019

Daniel, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that this was your experience. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can look into this further.

Arthur
February 12th, 2019 Columbia, MO DETAILS

I feel great about my decision to sign up with them. Customer service worked hard on their job.

Feb 18, 2019

Arthur, This great news. Thank you for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

February 12th, 2019 Algonquin, IL DETAILS

Don't use them. I have been paying them and they haven't done anything. They never follow through. They have terrible customer support. There is no response to emails. I would have been better off hiring a tax attorney or somebody else.

Feb 13, 2019

Anonymous, I'd like to know your name so I can look into this and fix it. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can. Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us.

Hilario
February 12th, 2019 Quemado, TX DETAILS

I had a bad experience with them. Tax Defense Network promised that they could help me with my delinquent taxes, but They didn't deliver on what they promise.

Feb 13, 2019

Hilario, Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can get you answers for this outcome. We never want our clients to leave frustrated.

February 12th, 2019 Florence, SC DETAILS

In the beginning, it was hard to talk to people and have them answer my questions. Every time they would change the person who was on my case. There was one lady there who was so aggressive asking me question after question. I told her I didnt' want to talk to her and I needed someone else. I was frustrated. And Tax Defense Network they told me that they would be able to reduce my debt with the IRS, which was not true. The only thing they helped me do was make payments to the IRS. I was disappointed because that's not what they had told me in the beginning. I wouldn't use their services again...I just want to be done with it.

Feb 18, 2019

Anonymous, Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for your frustrations. We would like to understand more about your experience, could you please contact us at 888-829-0563? Thank you.

Adair
February 12th, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

They were misleading. They gave false information and they never followed through and what they said they were going to do. I am very dissatisfied.

Feb 18, 2019

Adair, I'd like to speak to you about this. I will listen to the calls that you had, from the beginning. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Douglas
February 12th, 2019 Lilburn, GA DETAILS

There is not resolution and there is no feedback. It was the worst decision I ever made twice. They are not trustworthy. I need to talk with an attorney.

Feb 18, 2019

Douglas, That is disheartening to hear and we would like to help. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so we can assist.

Vivian
February 12th, 2019 Rochester, NY DETAILS

TDN's customer service was extremely horrible, they did not return phone calls and they are very rude. They were not organized and they had too many people on one case. It took entirely too long with no changes. I feel very disgusted and upset with myself for choosing them.

Feb 18, 2019

Vivian, I am sorry to hear this. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 so that we can look into this further for you and correct.

Michele
February 6th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

They took a long time to get things situated and was very costly.

Feb 13, 2019

Michele, I am sorry to hear this. We would like to hear more about your experience. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Kip Joyner
February 6th, 2019 Spring Branch, TX DETAILS

The woman who ended up handling my case was great

Feb 12, 2019

Kip, That's great. You're great!

Lee
February 6th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Everyone who was in charge of the account listened to our worries and situation, while providing appropriate feedback as well as helping us

Feb 12, 2019

Lee, Your situation is very important to us and we want to ensure that your needs are met. Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the outcome.

G Forbus
February 6th, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS

Great customer service. Responded timely to my inquiries and questions.

Feb 12, 2019

G, Thanks! I will pass the good words along to the team. Thank you for your review.

Mike Younger
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good with the Tax people. They communicate very well.

Nov 14, 2018

Hi Michael, We are smiling ear to ear reading this review. We loving hearing great things about our employees. Thank you so much for your review and we are ecstatic to hear that you will be recommending us.

GERALDINE L. HILL
February 6th, 2019 East Moline, IL DETAILS

VERY PLEASED WITH SERVICE AND OUTCOME OF TAX DIFFICULTIES

Feb 12, 2019

Geraldine, That's great news! Thank you for your review.

Mark P. White
January 31st, 2019 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Tax Defense Network took the time to understand my issues with the IRS. They were able to resolve my issues and save me hundreds of dollars per year.

Feb 05, 2019

Mark, I am happy to hear that we were able to save you a ton of money. Your situation is important to us and we hope that you will come back if you need us.

amelia manes
January 31st, 2019 Lakeland, FL

It was a joy working with DeeDee . She would explain everything in a manner i understand . Thank you for assigning her to our case thank you Amelia Manes

Feb 05, 2019

Amelia, I will pass the good words along to DeeDee. Happy to hear that we could help.