Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network Logo

9.8

Tax Defense Network

verified
! Offering unique promotion for BestCompany visitors only. See details below. !

Tax Defense Promo

Tax Defense Network is a professional tax company, founded in 1997, that comes highly recommended with a full range of services extending from resolution services to tax return preparation. The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating. Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the IRS on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

The Good

• Pricing Displayed Online
  • Variety of Services
  • Professional Team
  • Available Nationwide
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Pricing Displayed Online

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are usually not available until customers have called and given information about their situation. According to the company's website, average fees range from $2,500 to $3,000. Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Variety of Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners. The company's full-service approach allows customers with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, tax liens, and bank levies. The qualified professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare solutions such as innocent spouse relief.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com. It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more.

Professional Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals. Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail. Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers. There is also no minimum tax debt requirement; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. This makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people of all income brackets.

Positive Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews. Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and find resolutions. Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns, removing levies, and settling their IRS tax debt. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

TDN does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications. Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. The company does not have a minimum debt requirement and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. It hires professionals such as enrolled agents, attorneys, and CPAs. Though the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Happy
April 16th, 2018 Mountain View, OK DETAILS

Friendly kind and professional I dont see the scare tactic adds by them is why I hired them

unsatisfied
April 16th, 2018 Shelbyville, KY DETAILS

high pressure when they think you are close to making a decision

Rachel
April 16th, 2018 Amarillo, TX DETAILS

Because they were quick to call me and helping my father tremendously with his tax problem. Thank you

pm
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

The spelled everything out, and explained exactly what the whole proccess entails

Bill Hauf
April 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

They Provided Great and Corteous Service.

Astrid
April 16th, 2018 Yucaipa, CA DETAILS

Ron C. was very friendly and helpful and more importantly was able to explain things in the manner that I could understand what my options were in my situation I'm grateful

Elena Warner
April 9th, 2018 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

Excellent communication skills. On top of it. They are constantly working behind the scenes.

April 9th, 2018 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

No help with problems and offered lousy advice.

Mr. Arron Dixon and Mrs. Naydali Maldonado
April 9th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Customer service staff upon initial contact showed integrity that gave me a peace of mind to deal with my taxes.

Sturgis
April 9th, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

they were able to identify a statute of limitations which had been exceeded, with no cost to me.

April 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

The person who registered me was completely different from the person who cancelled me two days later. The bottomline is I was led to believe they could help me and maybe they could but bot in the timeline I expected. I guess everyone is all about making money.

JERRY
April 9th, 2018 Eagar, AZ DETAILS

Totally disorganized, attorney assigned to talk to me was rude.

Mrs. M
April 2nd, 2018 Saint Ann, MO DETAILS

I didn't like the scare tactics implored by John P.

Relieved
April 2nd, 2018 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS

Initial response was swift but slowed down somewhat during step 3 and later

Andrew Campos
March 29th, 2018 Alta, CA DETAILS

I never thought I would be stress free again but with the help of TDN I can breath again. I worked with a couple of the professionals there and Ruth finished it up for me. They were all great to work with, knowledgeable and friendly. They did exactly what they told me they could do and worked with me when I was have difficulty keeping up with my payments. I very highly recommend their services.

Satisfied customer
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Difficult to get through by phone. Once in customer service is exceptional

Aubrey E. Denton
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

The way the initial team beginning with Cassundria hit the ground running, scheduled a conference with the IRS the next day... before I even made my first payment. No other company would do that. They have continued to work fast and hard to obtain a fast and fair result. They really care about me and my unique situation. Props to my Tax Defense team.

Beth
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

TDN has been very responsive and quick to help. They are making this miserable process easier and I feel comfortable with the approach they're taking.

Frustrated
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

I have been trying to get in touch with my account manager for two weeks, no response

Marcus
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

I've only had one phone contact. The lady I spoke with was very kind, but since that conversation. Nothing?

Carrie
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Still waiting for my money reimbursed and very rude

David
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

I was asked to explain my situation and was then told just to contact the IRS and that should handle it

Rick's
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Very caring and sincere people. Great to have working for you. These folks are thorough and easy to talk to.

Anna Simpson
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

inability to contact; no answer to emails;paperwork sent but they ask for it again 7 days later. Loan agreement contains charges that will be made that were not discussed or agreed to.

Stacy
March 19th, 2018 Gypsum, CO DETAILS

Once I got assigned a case manager things went smoothly.

Ed
March 12th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

Because he didn't want to help me, he had all kinds of reasons why they couldn't help. When I was through I felt like your company was false advertising

Tim Moran
March 12th, 2018 Farmington, NY DETAILS

I am neutral because I was just looking for information. However from the interaction I had I am unsure how this tax network would compare or be any better than any others.

Cary Thayne
March 5th, 2018 New Kensington, PA DETAILS

Excellent communication. Good People. Would definitely recommend them.

James Johnson
March 5th, 2018 Pawleys Island, SC DETAILS

Excellent customer service. very knowlegable.

Tee
March 5th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Informative pricey looking for something cost effective

Stacey
February 26th, 2018 DETAILS

I called and asked for advice and was told the bill would BEGIN at 3500. If I had that type of cash Id pay the IRS. Also, I wasnt give any options for paying that fee.

February 21st, 2018 Westminster, CO DETAILS

I only contacted Tax Defense Network a few weeks ago. I was very impressed by my initial contact, but since then their main focus has been getting paid. When I returned a call from the finance representative I was put on hold for five minutes, at which time I hung up. When I signed my finance contract I discovered my first payment was due a week before I was sent the agreement. At this time I have no idea where I stand and my wages are still being garnished, for how much longer I have no idea. Be I feel like I might be better off trying to deal directly with the revenue services.

February 21st, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

kinda pushy, and I just didn't get a good vibe.

Scott
February 21st, 2018 Victorville, CA DETAILS

Scott sounded very condescending to me. Not very helpful as far as I'm concerned.

Rich S.
February 21st, 2018 Grand Haven, MI DETAILS

They took my call and offered advice without pressuring me into a sale

Amidia Hawkins
February 21st, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

They could have decided to try and make money off of me; but they didnt. After I explained my situation, they told me I didnt need them. They explained how the irs worked and told me what I needed to do. They could have charged me and misled me but they didnt.

Maxwell Lee
February 21st, 2018 Acworth, GA DETAILS

On top of things... getting things moving. Urgency

Brian Wilson
February 9th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Tax Defense Network did a fantastic job in resolving all my tax problems. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, professional and knowledgeable regarding any issue I had. Very responsive to any questions and concerns I had. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I honestly felt like I had my own "team" of tax professionals working on my behalf that I could talk to at any time. They were great!!

LUIS COLON
February 1st, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

At the moment I am still going to my case but I was against the fence before calling after speaking to them everything seem to be OK everything seems to be falling into place even if it doesn't work out the sense of security is important

Mike Helton
February 15th, 2018 Pasadena, MD DETAILS

They are very helpful in getting my tax issue under control. I wish the communication was more proactive. I have been trying to get answers to my file by asking for an answer which takes several hours to days to get help.