Headquartered in Santa Ana, California, Optima Tax Relief offers several avenues for tax debt relief and navigating IRS regulations including tax consultation, tax resolution services, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation. Whatever aspect of taxation you need help with, Optima Tax Relief can help.

Optima Tax Relief requires a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt.

With a highly qualified team of tax professionals, Optima Tax Relief offers a number of tax help services, which which it calls "core competencies." It has received glowing customer feedback. Its relief services help clients with a variety of tax issues, including unpaid taxes and ending penalties, like bank levies, or wage garnishments by the IRS.

With this broad range of services, Optima Tax Relief can offer tax relief help for any tax situation.

By providing tax settlement and negotiation services, taxpayers can expect to receive the help they need when dealing with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).

Read our expert review below or scroll down to read Optima Tax Relief reviews.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Core Competencies
  • Minimum IRS Debt Requirement
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Negotiating Installment Agreements
  • Additional Advantages

Positive Reviews

Optima Tax Relief has mostly glowing comments, with most reviews on our site rating them a 9 or 10. Customers say the company has saved them thousands of dollars, provides great customer service, and is comprehensive in its explanation of the tax relief process. Many clients say working with Optima was one of the smartest decisions they ever made.

Core Competencies

Optima Tax Relief offers many different tax services to help you handle the IRS. It is helpful with several different kinds of tax problems, like audits and penalties, like a garnishment, levy, or lien. If you owe back taxes, Optima Tax Relief provides tax debt relief services. The company specializes in the following tax resolution services and problems:

• Tax negotiation and settlement
  • IRS audit defense
  • Tax levies and liens
  • Wage garnishment
  • Back taxes
  • Tax audits
  • End penalties and interest

Tax levies are when the IRS takes the funds in your bank account to pay your unpaid taxes. Tax liens allow the IRS first priority on the money from a property's sale before anyone else. The IRS can also take a current year's tax return money to pay tax debt liability from previous years.

Optima Tax Relief also helps people reduce IRS tax debt by closely examining the past tax year's returns. Looking at previous tax returns helps taxpayers understand their tax liability, or what they owe the government in taxes.

Optima offers tax solutions for a broad range of possible IRS/tax needs. All of Optima Tax's enrolled agents and attorneys are showcased on the website, giving a real personal connection to potential customers. The only negotiation service not advertised by Optima Tax Relief is asset seizure.

Additionally, the experts — whether it be a tax attorney, a CPA, or an enrolled agent — at Optima will take a look at any unfiled tax returns for each taxable year you might have. Unfiled tax returns can hurt your chances with the IRS because it can indicate a failure to meet tax obligations, so Optima will work with you to get ahead.

The tax law experts can help you deal effectively with the IRS and find a good tax debt resolution.

The company may also provide tax help by helping you apply for the IRS Fresh Start Program, which is a great option for those struggling to pay off that federal income tax burden due to financial hardship.

Optima Tax Relief also helps with penalty abatement, which removes IRS penalties, like a wage garnishment, lien, or levy on property or a bank account. To qualify for penalty abatement, taxpayers must demonstrate financial hardship.

Minimum IRS Debt Requirement

According to an Optima Tax Relief representative, there is a minimum debt requirement of $10,000 to use the company's tax reduction services.

Individuals with $10,000 or more qualify for Optima Tax Relief's services.

Those seeking a tax relief program that helps with a lower amount of tax debt, will need to consider another company with a lower minimum debt requirement.

Money-Back Guarantee

Optima Tax offers a 15-day money-back guarantee for all of their IRS/tax services. Though this is not the longest time limit for a refund, with some lesser-known tax relief firms going as high as 180 days, it is actually better than many of the top companies on the market.

Negotiating Installment Agreements

In addition to penalty abatement, Optima Tax Relief negotiates installment agreements and settlements with the IRS. The company's website describes the two options of IRS installment agreements: informal agreements and formal agreements. An informal installment agreement the taxpayer agrees to pay monthly and pay off their balance within two years.

A formal installment plan is a written agreement (payment plan) between the IRS and the taxpayer for a specified amount of monthly payments. Optima Tax Relief's tax professionals understand how to successfully negotiate an installment agreement with the IRS and can often help taxpayers set up an affordable monthly payment.

Alternatively, Optima Tax can help clients lower their total tax debt owed through an OIC program. The company can negotiate an offer in compromise with the IRS. An offer in compromise (OIC) is when the taxpayer and the IRS agree on a lower, more affordable tax debt.

Whether you need a taxpayer advocate to help set up an affordable monthly payment or to settle your debt with the IRS, Optima Tax Relief can help.

Additional Advantages

Other additional advantages include:

• Free consultation with enrolled agents
  • Many professional accreditations
  • Options in filing for non-collectible status
  • Income tax preparation
  • Four step tax relief process
  • Great refund policy
  • Ranked the #1 Financial Services Company by Inc. Magazine

The Bad

• Unpublished Costs
  • Limited Industry Experience

Unpublished Costs

The fee for tax relief services depends on the extend of the client's tax issue. Like most other tax relief companies, Optima Tax does not publish pricing online because they offer so many different services with different pricing structures — that's why Optima Tax Relief cost can be difficult to measure.

But how much does Optima Tax Relief cost to use? If you are five years behind on payment and owe $35,000 in back taxes, Optima Tax charges anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000 to resolve the IRS tax debt.

The company claims its prices start at $999, however, the fee increases according to the different services offered and the unique financial situation of the customer. The undisclosed pricing is common among tax relief programs. While it can be unsettling to set up a consultation before knowing how much you'll be paying for services, it's important for potential clients to take advantage of free consultations because a client's case is reviewed and clear information regarding fees and payments are explained during these meetings.

Limited Industry Experience

We should note that this is one of the newer tax relief companies we have reviewed; the company opened its doors for business in 2010. This is fairly young compared to other tax relief companies that have more years of experience. While some people may not care about the age of a company, others may want a company with more IRS experience under their belt to ensure competent resolution of tax issues.

The Bottom Line

Optima Tax Relief is a great tax resolution firm for those who qualify with at least $10,000 in IRS debt and who don't mind working with a younger company. Those with less than $10,000 in taxes owed will need to consider other tax resolution companies.

Though the company is young, its customer service and reviews indicate its employees are competent tax experts, including: tax attorneys, certified public accountants (CPA), and enrolled agents.

One of the benefits of choosing Optima Tax Relief is that clients work with a tax expert to resolve their taxes owed or penalties with the IRS.

The company has an impressive reputation in the industry, and provides assistance with nearly every tax problem. Tax relief services offered include tax resolution/negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, IRS tax levy and tax lien, IRS wage garnishment, back taxes or unpaid taxes, tax audits, end penalties and interest, or the ability to meet with a tax preparer. With such a wide range of services available, whether you have higher taxes than you expected or need help preparing your taxes, Optima Tax Relief is a great choice.

Former clients are mostly pleased with the level of service they have received from Optima Tax Relief professionals. An important thing to keep in mind is that the cost may be high. Be sure to ask the agent or lawyer for an exact list of fees for the debt relief services and what payments would look like.

Overall, we recommend Optima Tax Relief services when working through tax matters to reach agreement with the IRS to settle your tax debt or negotiate an end to penalties or a federal tax lien.

Call our recommended rep over at Optima Tax Relief below.

ralph hernandez
July 22nd, 2019 West Hills, CA DETAILS

did all the paper work to the IRS great results

Jul 22, 2019

Mr. Hernandez, thanks for writing in! We're glad you called us when you did, and we were more than happy to help you earn the resolution you deserve! Wishing you well.

J & B Riley
July 22nd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

everyone has seemed to genuinely want to help us with our tax/money issues.

Jul 22, 2019

Wonderful to hear - we aim for the best for our clients!

Susan Meixner
July 22nd, 2019 Simpsonville, SC DETAILS

They haven't contacted me with any updates.

Jul 22, 2019

Hi, we would like to get a better understanding of your situation. Please give us a call at (800) 965-3192 to provide us the opportunity discuss your concerns further. Optima is the leader in the Tax Resolution industry because we take our clients concerns very seriously. We stand by our stellar reputation that we maintain with all other consumer review sites that verify client reviews. One of our core values is to "aim for excellence," and we will work hard to ensure you have an excellent experience with us. We look forward to speaking with you.

Russell Gregorie
July 22nd, 2019 Vista, CA DETAILS

Have been helpful and responsive to all interactions.

Jul 22, 2019

Great to hear, thank you Mr. Gregorie!

Stephanie T Ayala
July 18th, 2019 Bristol, CT

I called Optima for help. I am already dealing with Phoenix Financial who charge we up front for the service and they tried to charge me additional $900 for services. The representative just "well I cant help you. You are already dealing with someone else". I had already spoken to 2 other companies who didn't see that as a problem and said I would just have to forfeit my poa. It wasn't only his choice words it's how he said it. Most people that call in like myself are in a terrible situation, stressed out, and in need of help. Good thing I didn't contact them first because them I would have felt like there was no way out.

Jul 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you again to further discuss your case, since we take all of our clients' concerns very seriously and strive to address every issue brought to our attention. Upon receiving your review, we've been diligently trying to locate you in our system but your review didn’t provide enough identifiable information to locate you. We welcome you to call (800) 965-3192 to speak with one of our QA Specialists, whenever you are ready. We will be more than happy to speak with you directly about your concerns. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Bob
July 18th, 2019 Petoskey, MI DETAILS

Our experience with Optima has been quite positive. Their communication and follow-up regarding our tax matter has been very professionally. In addition, the way in which share documents and updates via their portal has been quite effective. Recommend that you reach out to Optima if you find yourself in a similar situation. You will be happy you did!

Jun 13, 2019

Hi Mr. Bob, we sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. We want assure you that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtaining the best resolution for our clients. In light of receiving your comments, we have notified our QA team and expedited your case to Specialist solely dedicated to addressing and resolving your specific concerns who will be reaching out to you ASAP. We encourage you to continue working with us so that we can address the issues to your satisfaction, our main goal is to provide a successful experience for every client and we will work tirelessly until we can provide that for you. If you prefer to get in touch with us at your convenience, we welcome you to give us a call at (800) 965-3192. We look forward to speaking with you.

Monica O'Neal
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Optima Tax Relief was very professional and worked with me until they got the IRS to settle with me.

Jul 16, 2019

Great to hear, Ms. O'Neal, and thank you for choosing us. We enjoyed working with you, so thank you for sharing your experience!

Debra
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Helpful, always provided follow-ups and check-ins. I never had to guess what was happening with my Case. Thank you!

Jul 16, 2019

Hi Debra, that's definitely how we want each and every client to feel - like they don't even need to check in, and that they're able to sleep soundly knowing we're handling all the work for them. Thank you for sharing!

Ms. Montgomery
July 12th, 2019 Capitol Heights, MD DETAILS

In 2017 I contacted Optima because I obviously received notice from the IRS. I initially paid Optima $500 at which point the gentleman I was working with requested additional fees prior to doing anything on my case. I asked for an explanation and breakdown of the additional amount but was not given anything in writing but instead more conversation that was muddied with terms and figures I didn't understand. Nothing was ever resolved as I stopped receiving communications from them and wasted $500. Terrible customer service! My case is still pending with the IRS owing this huge amount of money and Optima kept my money. Needless to say I reached out to them due to all the positive feedback I read but did ignore lots of the negatives just to give them a shot. Very disappointed and out of $500. My name is Ms. Montgomery. UPDATE 6/28/19: Within a few days of writing my initial review, I was contacted by a really nice woman at Optima who read my review and was very interested in my issue and wanted to resolve it as soon as possible. I explained to her in great detail what my issue was and went to work very quickly by offering me the opportunity to work with them again to resolve my tax issue or a refund. Time has gone by so I ended up resolving the issue on my own. I opted for the refund. I understand that there are times when one employee's negative attitude or mistake should not define the overall ethics and commitment a company makes to its clients. After speaking with this woman on a few occasions, I'm willing to bet that this is the case for Optima. I am very pleased at her persistence to make things right for me. If ever I needed help again in the future(I hope not), I would probably give them another shot. Thank you Optima!

Jun 13, 2019

Hi Ms. Montgomery, first, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We understand your concerns and we would like the opportunity to continue working with you, and we aim to do so as soon as possible when we have a dedicated Quality Assurance Specialist reach out to you today. Delivering excellence to all of our clients is central to our mission, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so that you can provide us with additional details, as well as review your case so as to determine what additional assistance we are able to provide. Our team will be reaching out to you with additional steps we can take to further assist you with your case, but you may also call us at (800) 965-3192 at your convenience. It's always our goal to resolve every issue for our clients to the fullest possible extent, so thank you for providing that opportunity. We look forward to speaking with you, and hope to resolve any concerns you may have.

Nicholas Finken
July 9th, 2019 Kihei, HI DETAILS

They always returned my calls and emails in a timely manor.and always answered all my questions and did everything they said they would do.of I had any complaints it would be that it took a lot longer than it was expected to take. Thank you guys for everything!

Jul 09, 2019

Hi Mr. Finken, thanks for reaching out! We certainly appreciate it. It was a positive experience to work with you, so we're glad you felt the same - we always put our clients first and it's important that our clients feel that effort. Wishing you well!

Eve Vinson
July 9th, 2019 DETAILS

They advocate for their clients, and get the very best outcome!

Jul 09, 2019

Yes we do, Ms. Vinson! Thank you for sharing your opinion, and we've enjoyed working with you.

Marvin
July 9th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Customer service is excellent. They will call or text or email you for updates and completion of work assignment

Jul 09, 2019

Our clients always tell us how surprised they were by our excellent customer service, so thanks for giving that a mention! Wishing you well - check in when you can!

Sandy
July 9th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

They were very helpful every step of the way.

Jul 09, 2019

Happy to hear it, Sandy. We want the best for our clients, so we opt to work very closely along their side!

Jermaine
July 9th, 2019 Johnsonville, SC DETAILS

They answer all my questions and treated like a family.

Jul 09, 2019

We will be passing on your great feedback to our team - they will be so happy to hear that! Take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything else. We wish you the best moving forward.

Sue Hii
July 9th, 2019 Sioux City, IA DETAILS

Very helpful and friendly. Very transparent with what is going on.

Jul 09, 2019

We aim to "earn trust," as one of our core values - so the transparency is a priority for us! Wishing you the best.

LINDA A CORLEW
July 8th, 2019 Carrollton, GA DETAILS

I have been in contact with optima Tax and we have resolved the issue. Thank you

Apr 25, 2019

Hi Ms. Corlew we would like to get a better understanding of your situation. Please give us a call at (800) 965-3192 to provide us the opportunity discuss your concerns further. Optima is the leader in the Tax Resolution industry because we take our clients concerns very seriously. We stand by our stellar reputation that we maintain with all other consumer review sites that verify client reviews. One of our core values is to "aim for excellence," and we will work hard to ensure you have an excellent experience with us. We look forward to speaking with you.

Stephan Picou
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

The staff was very professional. They kept in touch with me every step of the way. I could call them anytime I need. They did what they said they would do.

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you Mr. Picou, we have enjoyed working with you - glad you enjoyed your results!

Mike Mitchell
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

The professionals at Optima provided expert and compassionate service from the beginning to the end of the process. They were always there when I had questions or needed help.

Jun 26, 2019

We are always here if you need any help in the future! Thank you for working with us.

Debra Smith
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Because they stay with you every step of the way, even when you think they are not working they really are making it feel seem less

Jun 26, 2019

Hi Ms. Smith, thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to help our clients out "every step of the way." We're glad to take care of everything for you, so you can relax.

Elyessa Dunn
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I was frustrated at times for small amount of time given to get the info they needed

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Ms. Dunn.

Daniel Maikai
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

From my 1st phone call I was treated with respect and understanding. They where with me everystep and explained everystep. Even when I didnt see any way out they kept assuring me it would all work out. I owed over 30k in back taxes and Optima was able get me an offer and compromise deal with the IRS to only pay 1795.00.

Jun 26, 2019

What an incredible resolution, Mr. Maikai! We aim for the best for all of our clients, and it's great to hear you really felt our team's great attitude. Wishing you well!

Larry Jones
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Optima stayed the distance with us, after my wife pasted away and she felt nothing was ever going to change, Optima came through with not only no collect resalotion but a $100.00 dollar offer and compromise

Jun 26, 2019

Hi Mr. Jones, we don't underestimate how difficult your situation was. We're glad we were literally able to offer you relief. We're wishing you the best moving forward, and hope you can enjoy that resolution.

Robert Blais
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good, just hidden expenses. That are not told up front even if you ask! What is this going to cost me. But worth it! Just not sold correctly!

Jun 26, 2019

Hi Mr. Blais. We're happy to have helped, and we certainly appreciate the feedback. We'll pass this along to the team.

Ryan M.
June 18th, 2019 Belleville, IL DETAILS

I was literally sick to my stomach with stress over my taxes. I owed about $42k because of an investment loss. I won’t bore you with the details but needless to say, I was in trouble and headed toward an even worse situation since I had been putting this off and the IRS gave me a deadline. That’s when I finally decided to do something about it and called Optima Tax along with a couple other places. One place made me feel like I had walked onto a used car lot and I was being sold an old junker. The other place made it seem like I was bothering them and they were going to do me a favor or something by taking my case. Optima treated me with friendly respect and like they would partner with me to fix my problem. And that’s exactly what they did. I was very participatory along the way and did everything I could on my end to get them what they needed, when they needed it. If I asked a question, I’d get a straight answer. If I didn’t understand something, they’d explain it. There were definitely some bumps along the road but no matter what, Optima handled it. The end result is that I’m in an installment agreement based on what I can afford and, some of the debt is going to fall off before I have to pay it. So overall, I’m satisfied because I’m not worried anymore and I’ll have saved about $18k once all is said and done.

Jun 18, 2019

Tax debt is such a difficult situation - to be in, and to get out of. It is easy to see how you can be "sick to [your] stomach with stress over taxes." We understand you owed quite a hefty amount, and that it was very brave for you to contact us and to get on track to working with us. We're glad that ours felt like the perfect fit, as we would "partner with [you] to fix [your] problem." Thank you! We have been happy to help you, and we're thrilled by your excellent resolution. You worked very hard for it, so enjoy it!

Xander
June 14th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Well, I can tell you they treated me right. I’ve seen good reviews and not so good reviews about them but what I can tell you is that for me, they were worth every penny. It took about a year and a half so yes, I had to be patient and yes, I just wanted it done so at times I became frustrated. I admit I even took it out on them. Still, they kept at it and kept moving forward and now I’M DONE! Thank you Optima Tax!!!

Jun 17, 2019

That's fantastic to hear! We will always have our critics but knowing that we're doing excellent things for so many people keeps us going! We are proud of you and your resolution - great work.

Connie
June 12th, 2019 Fort Irwin, CA DETAILS

I filed a complaint once before against Optima. At that time Optima contacted me and asked me to drop my complaint and if I did they would continue working with me. So I decided to drop my complaint at that time and give Optima another chance. Since then Optima has done nothing to help me you can never get in contact with the person that you’re originally supposed to speak with. They’re not good at returning emails or calls when you have an appointment. They make promises they can’t keep. They tell you one thing and then do another. My husband and I have been working with Optima for over three years and still no resolution has been made. They only keep making excuses and asking for the same documents over and over to stall for time. They cannot give you clear answers to questions, they are very vague and generic with their answers. They constantly reassign caseworkers (again another stall tactic). Over three years ago my husband and I paid Optima I believe over $5000 to help us settle our debt with the IRS however over three years later nothing has been resolved or near resolution. They IRS is garnishing my Social Security and when we signed on and paid Optima they told us that we would be protected from any garnishment of wages as well as our bank account getting garnished or frozen, however now they are giving us a different answer & stating that’s not the case. I asked them what we paid them for? We were told we were in negotiations with the IRS and during that time we were protected from wage & bank account garnishments. We have jumped through all the hoops and sent them all the documents required every month it’s something different and after three years later we are still at square one and they still have the same vague generic excuses.They take peoples money and make promises they have no intention of keeping. Once they get all your money they then drop the ball. Then all of a sudden they are overload and they don’t always have time as they say to contact you or call you back. The only time they call you back is if you threaten to take them to the Better Business Bureau which is what I’m doing. After three years of working with them they still say we are in the review stages when I ask how long that takes they don’t give me a honest clear answer. They make excuses and use stall tactics as long as they can. This company is a scam and anyone that endorses them should seriously look into them before they continue to endorse them.

Jun 12, 2019

Hi Ms. Connie, We sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. We want assure you that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtaining the best resolution for our clients. In light of receiving your comments, we have notified our QA team and expedited your case to Specialist solely dedicated to addressing and resolving your specific concerns who will be reaching out to you ASAP. We encourage you to continue working with us so that we can address the issues to your satisfaction, our main goal is to provide a successful experience for every client and we will work tirelessly until we can provide that for you. If you prefer to get in touch with us at your convenience, we welcome you to give us a call at (800) 965-3192. We look forward to speaking with you.

Stephen Mark Johnson
June 12th, 2019 Windsor Mill, MD DETAILS

Everything started off in a positive manner. I complied with each and every instruction. Then I notified the company of my new address and telephone number. It's been a few years and I have yet to have any type of resolution. Perhaps I am part of the 3% that was unsuccessful.

Jun 13, 2019

Hi Mr. Johnson, we welcome you to call (800) 965-3192 to speak with one of our Quality Assurance Specialists, whenever you are ready. We have full confidence in our staff to deliver excellent service and results. Our team truly goes out of their way for every client who hires us. We are extremely proud of our staff and the amazing work that they do in helping thousands of people solve their IRS problems every month. We have resolved over a billion dollars in tax debts for our clients. We have received the Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau as well as many other awards recognizing our adherence to the highest ethical standards, consumer-first business practices, and community service. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and we are looking forward to your call.

Gregory Sewell
June 11th, 2019 Mobile, AL DETAILS

Unprofessional people who take all ur money with no results. PLEASE USE SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

Jun 11, 2019

Hi Mr. Sewell, first, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We understand your concerns and we would like the opportunity to continue working with you, and we aim to do so as soon as possible when we have a dedicated Quality Assurance Specialist reach out to you today. Delivering excellence to all of our clients is central to our mission, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so that you can provide us with additional details, as well as review your case so as to determine what additional assistance we are able to provide. Our team will be reaching out to you with additional steps we can take to further assist you with your case, but you may also call us at (800) 965-3192 at your convenience. It's always our goal to resolve every issue for our clients to the fullest possible extent, so thank you for providing that opportunity. We look forward to speaking with you, and hope to resolve any concerns you may have.

Lacey Barton
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They saved me so much ... to along time but the irs is nothing to mess with!

Jun 10, 2019

The IRS is challenging to face alone, so we're glad you reached out to us and took advantage of our services in the nick of time. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Kimberly Cannon
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service was on point very help full. They walked me through each and every process. And solved my tax problem..

Jun 10, 2019

Wonderful to hear, Ms. Cannon. Our client's experience is always our priority, so it's great to hear that kind of feedback. Wishing you well and a happy conclusion to your tax worries!

Julie
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Everyone who has a hand in my case treated me with respect and kindness

Jun 10, 2019

It's great to hear your feedback, Julie. It's been nice working with you, and we're always here if you ever need a helping hand again!

Kevin Hiscox
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They are the greatest people to work with to solve your tax issues. They listen to what I had to say and advised me how the would take me step by step from the beging to the end. They did exactly what they said they would do and kept me informed with every step of the process. I felt that they were in control the whole time. My results were fantastic. They are the best at what they ddo.

Jun 10, 2019

Mr. Hiscox, it's been a pleasure to help better your tax debt. We thank you for stating that we are the "best at what [we] do," and we're always here to "listen and advise," however you may need. Thanks again!

sam anderson
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They did what they said they could for me. I'm a believer and always will be. From 61K to 25$ !!! So so thankful for their hard work and dedication to my case.

Jun 10, 2019

What an incredible resolution! Your story is not uncommon but always amazing to hear. Congratulations and we were happy to provide whatever you needed for your case!

Jennifer Lerma
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Every person I talked to was friendly, caring and wanted to help me. They even knew who I was when I called. They literally helped me every step of the way!

Jun 10, 2019

Of course we'd know you, Ms. Lerma! Happy to hear you had a great experience with us, and don't hesitate to reach out for anything else!

Jayne Raab
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They are patient with your questions and help you out

Jun 10, 2019

Thanks Ms. Raab, our clients are our number one priority, so we appreciate the honest feedback.

Anthony Williams
May 31st, 2019 Westland, MI DETAILS

I am very independent and do not have an account of discretionary money to just use for anything! I needed help in cyphering through the IRS web that I was caught in. After hiring another company who did nothing, I followed up on a commercial I kept hearing about Optima. From that initial contact with Optima, who I hired because of the excellent customer service, all the way to the completion of my case, it has been such a pleasant, seamless experience. I didn’t have the money but the investment made with Optima running the helm of my tax challenge, it was well worth it. They settled my case, less than what I expected and the follow up and follow through was awesome. They kept me informed of every step taken! I highly recommend Optima Tax Relief! You will get optimal relief from your tax chains holding you from your success!

May 21, 2019

That's exactly what we aim to do for every client, every time! Thank you.

Paul A Baca
May 31st, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

Received help right away they were prompt and courtois help working with Optima was a great stress reliver they were able to get me into a payment plan and now I feel great for your own peace of mind don't go it alone get help reach out to Optima

May 31, 2019

Thank you for thinking of us as "prompt and courteous." It's amazing to hear we were able to relieve you of stress and get you on a protected plan with the IRS!

Connor
May 31st, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Optima's bill to me was half of a tax attorney! I didnt pay my taxes for years and tried a local tax attorney before Optima, medical issues... My previous tax attorney had me paying an outragious bill in back taxes, I thought that was crazy. So I called Optima and they interviewed me and investigated my situation. There was alot of back and forth with the IRS, but eventiually everything they reduced my tax bill to a really, really reasonable amount. My local tax attorney charged me more upfront than Optima did at the end of thier work, and my tax bill was reduceded to where I can breath again.

May 31, 2019

The IRS can be aggressive, especially if they are attempting to collect on a balance that is owed to them. We're overjoyed to hear we were able to reduce your balance and provide you some relief!

S. Boren
May 29th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Very dissatisfied and very disappointed. We first contacted Optima and began paying them to resolve our tax issue in October of 2016. About six months and over $4,500 into the process, we discovered that our returns were "accidentally" left on someone's desk and were never filed. They then filed our returns, but we still have not gotten a resolution. At one point, they incorrectly filed one of our returns and we had to resign and resubmit a document. We can't seem to get passed a certain person on the phone, who has ZERO answers for us. She will not allow us to talk to the Tax Attorney. It is now the end of May 2019, and we STILL have no resolution and NO indication when we will. Proceed at your own risk!

May 29, 2019

Deborah M Axle
May 24th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I am working with a refund specialist by the name of Brenda V who is a extremely rude and unprofessional individual. I asked for approximately $4,490.00 reimbursement to me for a job not done by Optima Tax Relief, LLC. They had me paying a payment installment for 7 months (paid-in-full), no offer-in-compromise, and the IRS is still keeping income tax checks, and OTR is holding all my money. I WANT MY MONEY RETURNED. They are prying on senior citizens on a fixed income in the State of Florida.

May 28, 2019

Hi Ms. Axle - We take all of our clients' concerns very seriously and seek to solve every issue brought to our attention. We take great pride in having revolutionized the tax resolution industry with our two-step process and providing our clients the best possible service and results. Indeed, delivering excellence to every client is central to our mission. So we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can assist you. We invite you to please contact our Quality Assurance Department at (800) 965-3192 where one of our QA Specialists will happily work thoroughly and diligently to resolve the specifics of your situation. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Rhonda
May 22nd, 2019 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

Do not use them. If I could give zero stars I would. They are horrible at communicating and after we completed the process and hired a tax attorney on our own. He informed us that Optima had added on $7000 in extra charges in addition to the initial $3500. We tried to get them to send us a detail account of what we owed because it did not add up but of course they never would. Now we know why. Save your money and hire a tax attorney. The attorney also got some of our taxes dismissed but not Optima! You will be left worse than you started.

May 23, 2019

Hi, upon receiving your review, we've been diligently trying to locate you in our system but your review didn't provide enough identifiable information to locate you. We welcome you to call (800) 965-3192 to speak with one of our Quality Assurance Specialists, whenever you are ready. We have full confidence in our staff to deliver excellent service and results. Our team truly goes out of their way for every client who hires us. We are extremely proud of our staff and the amazing work that they do in helping thousands of people solve their IRS problems every month. We have resolved over a billion dollars in tax debts for our clients. We have received the Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau as well as many other awards recognizing our adherence to the highest ethical standards, consumer-first business practices, and community service. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and we are looking forward to your call.

Enrique Michel
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They lifted a huge weight off our shoulders and made this process so easy.

May 21, 2019

Hi Mr. Michel, thanks for the feedback! We are always looking out for our clients so we're happy to hear you found this process "so easy!"

Bernadette Brown
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They accomplished for me what they said they would...

May 21, 2019

Thanks Ms. Brown, we're happy to have helped!

John Williams
May 14th, 2019 DETAILS

They are very professional and they put there customers first

May 14, 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Mr. Williams! We'll always put our clients first.

Rita Myers
May 10th, 2019 Apollo, PA DETAILS

After paying the original $500 for optima to review our case they came back saying we owe the IRS almost $100,000. We had a letter directly from the IRS saying we owed just over $80,000. Good news if we payed an extra $10,000 to Optima they would set up payment arrangements for us. When I called to ask questions or get help they became angry and rude very quickly. So I asked for a refund as they has some how raised our debt. Still no call back. I started with debt. Called back for help and now have no time to save my house and out $500 on top of that.

May 10, 2019

Hi Ms. Myers - first, please give us a call at (800) 965-3192 to provide us the opportunity discuss your concerns further. A dedicated member of our team has already been made aware of your concerns and is ready and waiting to speak with you with additional steps we can take to further assist you with your case. We believe our clients have the right to "be treated like an individual, not a number," and we plan to commit to these actions in our follow up call with you. We have a great number of satisfied clients, and we'd like to highlight one of our favorite recent accounts with you: "Optima Tax Relief saved my life! [...] I did some research about tax relief and decided to call Optima. They explained everything very clearly and the options available. Long story short, they took my case on, protected me from collection, and negotiated a payment plan for $456 per month!!!! Thanks Optima!!! My family thanks you!!!!" - Jorge L, 3/18/2019 We understand that this can be a trying process, and it isn't easy. We have tremendous respect and faith in our employees, who are qualified tax professionals. Our main goal is to provide a successful experience for every client and we will work tirelessly until we can provide that for you. We would truly appreciate you giving us a chance to help resolve your concerns and we are sincerely looking forward to speaking with you again.

Brandon
May 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Optimas customer service team worked hard to solve my issues.

Mar 13, 2019

Hi Brandon, we sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. We want assure you that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtaining the best resolution for our clients. In light of receiving your comments, we have notified our QA team and expedited your case to Specialist solely dedicated to addressing and resolving your specific concerns who will be reaching out to you ASAP. We encourage you to continue working with us so that we can address the issues to your satisfaction, our main goal is to provide a successful experience for every client and we will work tirelessly until we can provide that for you. If you prefer to get in touch with us at your convenience, we welcome you to give us a call at (800) 965-3192. We look forward to speaking with you.

Mark Dooley
May 7th, 2019 DETAILS

I gave them that rating because they are too notch professionals who are really at the top of their "game". They we're by my side every step of the way and very patient with my busy schedule. Everyone I worked with was very interpersonal with me. I have recommended their service to all of my friends and co-workers who need help with their taxes.

May 07, 2019

Hi Mr. Dooley! Thanks for writing in. We love to hear back from our clients. We were more than happy to be "by [your] side every step of the way," as it's one of the most important things to us in a client - business relationship. Thank you for all of the recommendations - we promise to be at the "top of our game" for every individual you may recommend to us!

Marcia
April 25th, 2019 Land O' Lakes, FL

I called this evening 4/24/2019, and got Steve. I asked questions like what is involved in the investigation. Steve was not specific and didn’t like that I continued to ask questions. I even asked if a Tax Accountant, CPA or attorney would be representing me and he never gave me an answer. He didn’t like that I told him that I have a Masters degree. As soon as he heard that he said I don’t think we’ll be able to help you. Who in their right mind would hire a company like this?? They want your money upfront but don’t want you to ask questions!!! Not a good business practice. This company is more self serving that customer oriented.

Apr 25, 2019

Rita
April 23rd, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

The jury is still out. We owe the IRS a significant debt and are still in the resolution process so my review may change based on the impending outcome. However we have had little to no communication about the resolution process or what is reasonable to expect and that doesn't give us a lot of comfort or confidence. It is my hope that we can avoid a lein against our home and an overall lower debt and workable payment plan so we can get back on our feet. It would be really helpful if they keep us updated and informed about what is going on and what we can realistically expect the IRS response to be. If they improve their communication and the resolution is workable with no lein against our home then I will definitely be revising this review in a positive manner

Apr 24, 2019

Hi Rita, thank you for sharing your feedback. Please let us know your full name so that we can best assist you. Thank you!

Tom F
April 22nd, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

They did what they said they would do, they saved me 17,000 dollars

Apr 22, 2019

Wow Tom! What an incredible resolution! We're amazed and so proud! Enjoy.