Headquartered in Santa Ana, California, Optima Tax Relief offers several avenues for tax debt relief and navigating IRS regulations including tax consultation, tax resolution services, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation. Whatever aspect of taxation you need help with, Optima Tax Relief can help.

Optima Tax Relief requires a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt.

With a highly qualified team of tax professionals, Optima Tax Relief offers a number of tax help services, which which it calls "core competencies." It has received glowing customer feedback. Its relief services help clients with a variety of tax issues, including unpaid taxes and ending penalties, like bank levies, or wage garnishments by the IRS.

With this broad range of services, Optima Tax Relief can offer tax relief help for any tax situation.

By providing tax settlement and negotiation services, taxpayers can expect to receive the help they need when dealing with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).

Read our expert review below or scroll down to read Optima Tax Relief reviews.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Core Competencies
  • Minimum IRS Debt Requirement
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Negotiating Installment Agreements
  • Additional Advantages

Positive Reviews

Optima Tax Relief has mostly glowing comments, with most reviews on our site rating them a 9 or 10. Customers say the company has saved them thousands of dollars, provides great customer service, and is comprehensive in its explanation of the tax relief process. Many clients say working with Optima was one of the smartest decisions they ever made.

Core Competencies

Optima Tax Relief offers many different tax services to help you handle the IRS. It is helpful with several different kinds of tax problems, like audits and penalties, like a garnishment, levy, or lien. If you owe back taxes, Optima Tax Relief provides tax debt relief services. The company specializes in the following tax resolution services and problems:

• Tax negotiation and settlement
  • IRS audit defense
  • Tax levies and liens
  • Wage garnishment
  • Back taxes
  • Tax audits
  • End penalties and interest

Tax levies are when the IRS takes the funds in your bank account to pay your unpaid taxes. Tax liens allow the IRS first priority on the money from a property's sale before anyone else. The IRS can also take a current year's tax return money to pay tax debt liability from previous years.

Optima Tax Relief also helps people reduce IRS tax debt by closely examining the past tax year's returns. Looking at previous tax returns helps taxpayers understand their tax liability, or what they owe the government in taxes.

Optima offers tax solutions for a broad range of possible IRS/tax needs. All of Optima Tax's enrolled agents and attorneys are showcased on the website, giving a real personal connection to potential customers. The only negotiation service not advertised by Optima Tax Relief is asset seizure.

Additionally, the professionals — whether it be a tax attorney, a CPA, or an enrolled agent — at Optima will take a look at any unfiled tax returns for each taxable year you might have. Unfiled tax returns can hurt your chances with the IRS because it can indicate a failure to meet tax obligations, so Optima will work with you to get ahead.

The tax law professionals can help you deal effectively with the IRS and find a good tax debt resolution.

The company may also provide tax help by helping you apply for the IRS Fresh Start Program, which is a great option for those struggling to pay off that federal income tax burden due to financial hardship.

Optima Tax Relief also helps with penalty abatement, which removes IRS penalties, like a wage garnishment, lien, or levy on property or a bank account. To qualify for penalty abatement, taxpayers must demonstrate financial hardship or that they qualify for innocent spouse relief. Innocent spouse relief is available to taxpayers dealing with penalties because of how their spouse or former spouse filed taxes. As long as the taxpayer can demonstrate that they are an innocent spouse and were not part of the errors, innocent spouse relief is offered.

Minimum IRS Debt Requirement

According to an Optima Tax Relief representative, there is a minimum debt requirement of $10,000 to use the company's tax reduction services.

Individuals with $10,000 or more qualify for Optima Tax Relief's services.

Those seeking a tax relief program that helps with a lower amount of tax debt, will need to consider another company with a lower minimum debt requirement.

Money-Back Guarantee

Optima Tax offers a 15-day money-back guarantee for all of their IRS/tax services. Though this is not the longest time limit for a refund, with some lesser-known tax relief firms going as high as 180 days, it is actually better than many of the top companies on the market.

Negotiating Installment Agreements

In addition to penalty abatement, Optima Tax Relief negotiates installment agreements and settlements with the IRS. The company's website describes the two options of IRS installment agreements: informal agreements and formal agreements. An informal installment agreement the taxpayer agrees to pay monthly and pay off their balance within two years.

A formal installment plan is a written agreement (payment plan) between the IRS and the taxpayer for a specified amount of monthly payments. Optima Tax Relief's tax professionals understand how to successfully negotiate an installment agreement with the IRS and can often help taxpayers set up an affordable monthly payment and improved financial well-being.

Alternatively, Optima Tax can help clients lower their total tax debt owed through an OIC program. The company can negotiate an offer in compromise with the IRS. An offer in compromise (OIC) is when the taxpayer and the IRS agree on a lower, more affordable tax debt.

Whether you need a taxpayer advocate to help set up an affordable monthly payment or to settle your debt with the IRS, Optima Tax Relief can help.

Additional Advantages

Other additional advantages include:

• Free consultation with enrolled agents
  • Many professional accreditations
  • Options in filing for non-collectible status
  • Income tax preparation
  • Four step tax relief process
  • Great refund policy
  • Ranked the #1 Financial Services Company by Inc. Magazine

The Bad

• Unpublished Costs
  • Limited Industry Experience

Unpublished Costs

The fee for tax relief services depends on the extend of the client's tax issue. Like most other tax relief companies, Optima Tax does not publish pricing online because they offer so many different services with different pricing structures — that's why Optima Tax Relief cost can be difficult to measure.

But how much does Optima Tax Relief cost to use? If you are five years behind on payment and owe $35,000 in back taxes, Optima Tax charges anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000 to resolve the IRS tax debt.

The company claims its prices start at $999, however, the fee increases according to the different services offered and the unique financial situation of the customer. The undisclosed pricing is common among tax relief programs. While it can be unsettling to set up a consultation before knowing how much you'll be paying for services, it's important for potential clients to take advantage of free consultations because a client's case is reviewed and clear information regarding fees and payments are explained during these meetings.

Limited Industry Experience

We should note that this is one of the newer tax relief companies we have reviewed; the company opened its doors for business in 2010. This is fairly young compared to other tax relief companies that have more years of experience. While some people may not care about the age of a company, others may want a company with more IRS experience under their belt to ensure competent resolution of tax issues.

The Bottom Line

Optima Tax Relief is a great tax resolution firm for those who qualify with at least $10,000 in IRS debt and who don't mind working with a younger company. Those with less than $10,000 in taxes owed will need to consider other tax resolution companies.

Though the company is young, its customer service and reviews indicate its employees are competent tax experts, including: tax attorneys, certified public accountants (CPA), and enrolled agents.

One of the benefits of choosing Optima Tax Relief is that clients work with a tax expert to resolve their taxes owed or penalties with the IRS.

The company has an impressive reputation in the industry, and provides assistance with nearly every tax problem. Tax relief services offered include tax resolution/negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, IRS tax levy and tax lien, IRS wage garnishment, back taxes or unpaid taxes, tax audits, end penalties and interest, or the ability to meet with a tax preparer. With such a wide range of services available, whether you have higher taxes than you expected or need help preparing your taxes, Optima Tax Relief is a great choice.

Former clients are mostly pleased with the level of service they have received from Optima Tax Relief professionals. An important thing to keep in mind is that the cost may be high. Be sure to ask the agent or lawyer for an exact list of fees for the debt relief services and what payments would look like.

Overall, we recommend Optima Tax Relief services when working through tax matters to reach agreement with the IRS to settle your tax debt or negotiate an end to penalties or a federal tax lien.

Call our recommended rep over at Optima Tax Relief below.

John Bowling

March 26th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was going to give it a try. I paid the 495$ and they began to get power of attorney. They came back after looking at my info and said it would cost much more. They could not answer how much and make any guarentees. So i cancelled my service and asked for a refund. Money back guarantee. I was contacted and taken care of. It did not work for me but might for others.

Jan 30, 2020

James Barker

March 20th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional, fast, polite! These folks provide the three things I look for in business. Thanks Optima, I appreciate your efforts and results!

Mar 20, 2020

That's excellent to hear Mr. Barker! We are proud to have incredible results for our clients!

Marie Ramos

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contracted Optima in October of 2018. I provided requested documents> I paid Optima $18,000 as per our contract. I received a notice from my employer that the IRS is now garnishing $20,000 from my wages. OPTIMA DROPPED THE BALL! For 18 months nothing was done on my case.I had to hire a tax attorney to deal with the IRS. I am seeking a total refund from OPTIMA TAX RELIEF.

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Ms. Ramos, thank you for reaching out and we want to let you know that we take everyone's experience with our company very seriously, and we work hard to provide the best possible resolution for all of our clients. Please give us a call at (800) 965-3192 to provide us the opportunity discuss your concerns further. A dedicated member of our team has already been made aware of your concerns and is ready and waiting to speak with you with additional steps we can take to further assist you with your case. We believe our clients have the right to "be treated like an individual, not a number," and we plan to commit to these actions in our follow up call with you. Your concerns are especially important to us, and we aim to make any experience with us a total success. We are extremely proud of our staff and the amazing work that they do in helping thousands of people solve their IRS problems every month. We have received the Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau as well as many other awards recognizing our adherence to the highest ethical standards, consumer-first business practices, and community service. We have devoted tax attorneys and enrolled agents possessing the certifications required to negotiate directly with the IRS on our clients' behalf and resolve their tax issues, and we are also officially approved by the IRS to provide continuing education courses. Our success is made possible thanks to our dedicated staff - hundreds of the hardest-working tax professionals you can find - who pour their hearts and minds into helping every one of our clients, every day. We are ready to help resolve any and all of your concerns, and we thank you for providing us with that opportunity by reaching out. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Terri

March 11th, 2020 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Received a letter to garnish my wages. Optima helped me get that stopped, which was great. But, then to continue to help me, the fees were so freaking high. I ended up handling my IRS dealings on my own. And it went really great. They accepted my Offer of Compromise for less then what the fees to hire optima was going to be. So, I saved that money. Bottom line you can directly work with the IRS. My IRS agent told me that Businesses like Optima do exactly what I was doing. Nothing above and beyond. The IRS agent told me they receive the exact information that I did and use the exact forms. All praise to the Lord that the IRS has now accepted my settlement offer and I saved all those outrages fees. My advice would be to settle with the IRS on your own, because it saves thousands of dollars. I would have litereally wasted all the money to Optima when I could settle with the IRS for no fees except for the low cost fee the IRS charges for the paperwork fee, which was less than 200.00 dollars. Optima wanted to charge me $17,800.00 in fees to take my case. I settled for less than that w/the IRS on my taxes owed. Do research on your own to save you money. I was already in a bad financial situation and definetly did not have $17,800 lying around to just give away. I can fill out a form on my own and mail it in on my own.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you again to further discuss your case, since we take all of our clients' concerns very seriously and strive to address every issue brought to our attention. Upon receiving your review, we've been diligently trying to locate you in our system but your review didn’t provide enough identifiable information to locate you. We welcome you to call (800) 965-3192 to speak with one of our QA Specialists, whenever you are ready. We will be more than happy to speak with you directly about your concerns. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Scott R. Ohnstad

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far everything that has been done has been professional straight forward and to the point

Mar 10, 2020

Great, thank you Mr. Ohnstad!

Theresa

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Didn't help with tax problem! Just added more cost to me. No recommendation from me other than to run in a different direction!

Lemar Perez

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Has been able to stop the government, now I am waiting for the final out come of the negotiation phase. I wish this is over soon

Richard

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Efficiency and communication, respectful to your situation.

Mar 10, 2020

We appreciate that Richard! We have enjoyed working with you. Please enjoy your resolution!

Suzanne curtis

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Slow inconsistent support, irs not 'handled'

Anglean Hubbard

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They haven't did anything that they told me they was going to I started peeing irs 12000 and I still have to pay them 12000 even after I gave them my money

Shera

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very knowledgeable, thorough .Very considerate of the anxiety that tax debt may cause.

Mar 10, 2020

We appreciate it - we always look out for our clients, throughout the entire process!

Bobby Jones

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're good at keeping you informed on your tax relief

Mar 10, 2020

Thanks Mr. Jones! We've enjoyed working with you tremendously.

DanielCarr

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been right by side in this situation with information and been doing what they said

Mar 10, 2020

Thank you for the feedback! We get to work with great clients such as yourself and change lives every day - thank you for working with us!

John winn

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent communication between both parties

Mar 10, 2020

It does take two! Thank you for the feedback, Mr. Winn! We enjoyed working with you and bringing you to a great resolution.

Leif C Freemam

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional and helpful. I am currently still undergoing the process, but I have very pleased with the services so far.

Mar 10, 2020

We're proud to have helped, thank you! We know you're going to get an incredible resolution at the end of this process!

Thomas Jefferson III

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Helped me with my tax issues when no one else could.

Mar 10, 2020

We're so happy to have helped!

Elton Lawrence

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to work with , professional, helpful ''

Thanks Mr. Lawrence!

Big Fred

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far fantastic, communication, call backs, feed back, have been exceptional. Communication with irs must work because it's haven't been sending anymore letter once optima got involved

Mar 10, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Fred! We make it a priority to have effective communication with our clients.

Sophia Alice Vander Plaat

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Procedures are easy to understand and representatives are always so helpful.

Mar 04, 2020

Thanks for sharing, Ms. Plaat! Our team loves our clients and love what they do.

Holli

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They respond quickly, efficiently and politely.

Mar 04, 2020

Great to hear, Holli! We're happy to continue working with you.

Mitchell Sherman

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They addressed ny issues in a complex case to resolution

Mar 04, 2020

Excellent, we're happy to have helped Mr. Sherman! Congratulations on a fantastic resolution!

JoAnn Dawson

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very professional and so easy to talk too about sensitive financial matters. They are never judgmental and answer e very question to mybsatisfa tion no matter how trivial. They want to.make sure you understand. Everyone I have spoken with has be amazingly kind and helpful.

Mar 04, 2020

That's our goal, Ms. Dawson! We consider it our priority to help our clients to the best of our ability!

Anthony

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No pressure, professionalisms, and clarity

Mar 04, 2020

Thank you Anthony! We're pleased to have helped you reach an excellent resolution.

Valencia Toliver

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone was always very nice to speak to through the process from beginning to end

Mar 04, 2020

Hi Ms. Toliver, thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We found you great to work with too!

Phil Laurie

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They answer all questions in a very professional manner.

Mar 04, 2020

Thanks Mr. Laurie, we've enjoyed working with you!

Michael Lee

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very professional answer all my question

Mar 04, 2020

Hi Mr. Lee, thanks for sharing your feedback! We are here for continued support if you ever need it!

Regina Taitts

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are hard working and helping us get our taxes straightened out.

Mar 04, 2020

Of course, we're so proud to have assisted you Ms. Taitts!

Eva Morris

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like professional direct approach.Optima team members provide easy to follow instructions. They respond quickly to my questions.

Mar 04, 2020

Hi Ms. Morris, thank you for that feedback. We value your thoughts and will always be here for any questions or assistance you might have!

Thomas Mack

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hired Optima Tax relief to resolve a tax problem. The IRS stated I owed $9,800.00 for taxes in 2017. They also charged me $1,960.00 in penalty and $884.00 in interest. I paid Optima $2,740.50 to resolve this issue. The representative from Optima told me last week we owed the entire $12,664.00. They could not even negotiate to remove the penalty. So I paid almost $3,000.00 for absolutely nothing. My expectation was that Optima would negotiate on my behalf to at la minimum remove the penalty and interest. Optima has done absolutely nothing on my behalf. I have completely wasted 0ver $2,740.50 hard earned dollars. This company is a SCAM!!!

Mar 04, 2020

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. Rest assured that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtaining the best resolution for our clients. With that said, we have full confidence in our staff to deliver excellent service and results. Our team truly goes out of their way for every client who hires us. We are extremely proud of our staff and the amazing work that they do in helping thousands of people solve their IRS problems every month. We have resolved over a billion dollars in tax debts for our clients. We have received the Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau as well as many other awards recognizing our adherence to the highest ethical standards, consumer-first business practices, and community service. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and we are looking forward to your call.

Ronald Jackson

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very effective. They take you through the process step by step.

Mar 04, 2020

Definitely, Mr. Jackson! We always take care of our clients to the best of our ability!

wayne snow

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they sent paper work to wrong address which left my lnformation open to being hacked

Mar 04, 2020

Hi Mr. Snow, thank you for providing that feedback. We're passing this forward and will be with you shortly to discuss how we're improving this process.

cheryl williams

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they don't pest their clients and very patients

Mar 04, 2020

Absolutely not, Ms. Williams! Patience is key throughout the whole process!

Denise Lee

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Optima knows how to deal with the IRS and gets them off your back while resolving your issue. They are very professional and also understanding during a difficult time. I love these guys!

Mar 04, 2020

We hear you Ms. Lee! We love working you too, and congratulate you on getting through it!

Otis J Terry

March 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very personal and professional to their clients

Mar 04, 2020

We hear you Mr. Terry! Thank you!

Robert

February 25th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They stopped liens on my retirement pension. and set up temporary agreements with irs

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks for the review, Robert. We will continue to provide excellent communication on the status of your case, and we won't stop fighting for you!

Gene

February 25th, 2020 Maypearl, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very attentive and friendly. Knowledgeable

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear, Gene! We have enjoyed working with you tremendously and we'll pass on your kind words to our team.

Douglas

February 25th, 2020 Hackett, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional and courteous. They explain everything throughly so a tax novice understands.

Feb 26, 2020

Yes we do, Douglas! We take care of everything so you don't have to.

Catherine Hickey

February 25th, 2020 Naperville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bait and switch company. They tell u one thing and deliver less than that. Communication between reps is terrible as one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Pathetic for the money.

Delbert Hunt

February 25th, 2020 Campbellsville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional, informative, friendly, ease of contact

Feb 26, 2020

Great to hear! We'll pass on the kind words and we look forward to continuing our working relationship!

Eddie Fells III

February 25th, 2020 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional.thorough in knowledge of the laws that could lessen ones quality of life.

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for choosing us Mr. Fells! We enjoy working with you and we appreciate the feedback.

Annmarie

February 25th, 2020 Deerfield Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very satisfied with their service and attention to detail

Feb 26, 2020

Happy to hear it, and we appreciate you writing in!

Mike Christopher

February 25th, 2020 Key Largo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They stay on the ball they keep you very well informedrmed

Feb 26, 2020

That's what we do Mr. Christopher! We're proud to have serviced millions of clients, and we're proud to have helped you reach the tax resolution you deserve. Congrats!

David Macchi

February 25th, 2020 Savannah, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought that the service was prompt and professional.

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Mr. Macchi! We're glad to have served you with complete professionalism. Congrats on your tax resolution.

Mark

February 25th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Missed a deadline, blamed the IRS, Optima's and the IRS's records showed it was Optima's fault.

Steve

February 25th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Working with the staff, the ease of their portal system to upload doumentation

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you Steve - our staff enjoys showing our clients the portal system and convenient it is! We are enjoying working with you, so we appreciate the feedback.

Angelique Early

February 25th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since day 1 everyone working with me has been so nice, friendly and professional. I never have to wait to speak to anyone & my team is all that.

Feb 26, 2020

That's what we love to hear! We prioritize our clients first above everything, so their experience is the most important.

David Tubiolo

February 25th, 2020 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service and flexible communication

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you Mr. Tubiolo! It's been great to work with you - glad you appreciate our company's process!

Aubrey Holder

February 25th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's been a nightmare! They are very expensive and very slow!

Alfred kamaka

February 14th, 2020 Kailua-Kona, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've helped me sort out my taxes and I'm in the resolution stage of it and my taxes were lowered

Feb 14, 2020

Hi Mr. Kamaka! Thank you, we're so pleased to help you!

Paul Piercy

February 14th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got started on my case right away . Keep me informed on progress and flexible payments.

Feb 14, 2020

Hi Mr. Piercy! We're happy to keep you informed and to have brought you to a great resolution!