Complete Solar Logo

3.9

Complete Solar is a solar company based in California. Compared to their competitors they are a bit short on financing options, but the company has employees who are knowledgeable about their product.

The Good

• Quick Installations

When investigating your solar needs, the initial quote can play a big part in deciding which company to choose. Complete Solar goes above and beyond in this regard, too. When requesting a quote you can expect the following:

• A shade analysis of your home.
  • Personalized savings projections.
  • A solar system design.
  • A mockup of how the solar panels will look on your roof.
  • A guaranteed price quote.

The guaranteed price quote should not be taken for granted. With an investment of this size, it is important to have a locked-in price to keep you on budget. If you are looking to start saving money immediately by going solar, Complete Solar can get your install done in as little as a few weeks. They also custom-build your solar system, as opposed to taking a one-size-fits-all approach. This provides the customer with the absolute optimal energy output for their given situation.

The Bad

• Limited Payment Options
  • Customer Service
Complete Solar offers only a couple of payment options for their solar panels. You have the option to buy them outright or sign in to a Power Purchasing Agreement (PPA). Traditionally, purchasing the solar panels costs anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000. This is a great way to go solar if you don't mind the upfront cost and the panels usually pay for themselves after 5 to 10 years. For some, this may be a longer ROI than they want. But, paying for the solar up front, you may qualify for the Federal Solar Tax Credit. The only other option is their PPA, which is essentially leasing. This is the most affordable way to get into solar energy for your home. Unfortunately, in many cases, you won't quality for any tax credits. With PPAs, the credit actually goes to the company you're working with rather than to you. This is because you aren't paying for the equipment yourself, so you get to pass on the savings. You'll still save money on your energy bill every month (sometimes as much as 30%), but you lose some of the benefits. Those are their only options for now. We recommend contacting Complete Solar for more information on what would be your best option. When you're looking for a good, solid company, you want reliable customer service. While the representatives are informative, it took them a few days to get back to an evaluation we requested. If you're in need of immediate help, we recommend you call them and skip the online forms.

The Bottom Line

Complete Solar offers personalized quotes and quick installations. However, they have limited financing options for customers and their customer service isn't prompt at replying to inquiries. If you need immediate answers, give them a call directly and see what they can do for your home or business.

View Best Solar Companies

Rachel Appleby Palmdale, CA

The time frame in which our panels were installed was super fast. We had good communication leading up to the installation and it only took two days to install. We had a slight issue in which we noticed after the fact that the installers had sealed some of our roof tiles, implying that they had cracked. When we addressed the issue, they said that the cracks were already there before the installation and that they were trying to help us out by sealing. We appreciated it but wished that had been communicated to us before they did it-- we were home at the time so it definitely could have been done! However, we have no complaints so far and the panels seem to be working well, 9 months in.

Mark Palmdale, CA

Darlynn has kept me up to date with the whole process, with phone calls and messages. If I had any questions and I called, she usually picked up the phone any answered my questions. The whole installation went smooth and installers were always willing to answer any of my questions and kept me up to date with installation. There were no problems with inspections and now we are energized

Ann Pfaff-Doss

I had Complete Solar Solutions install my system four years ago. At the time, they were the only company I spoke to who were able to get me all of the rebates and credits without my filing for tax breaks. There was some broken roof tiles (typical for installations) and they paid my roofing company for the repair -- no questions asked. The installation crew was great. They went over and above what was required of them. There is a website where I can monitor operation of the system. Customer service has always been responsive.

John Brubaker Upland, CA

Initially I was rather frustrated with the way my contract with Sunrun had been handled. Judy was very prompt, patient and helpful in responding to my concerns and questions. Based on the input I received from and through her I was comfortable to proceed. I appreciated our working relationship.

Bruce Anderson Walnut Creek, CA

Complete Solar has been out to our home on 3 occasions upgrading inverters and replacing a defective panel. In all cases, the company initiated the service and it was provided at no charge. They continue to monitor our system and provide performance reports monthly. The initial installation of our 25 panels in 2011 was prompt and without any problems. We purchased our system outright so have no information on financing or leasing. We are very satisfied with Complete Solar and will refer them any time.

Derek Best Carlsbad, CA

Excellent project management of my Solar system installation. They were very responsive and professional and worked well as part of the team from planning phase to the final execution.

Deborah Jeter Apple Valley, CA

Complete solar was very professional from start to finish. They provided excellent customer service while keeping all appointment dates and times. I would highly recommend their service to family and friends.

Donald C NIchols Martinez, CA

The company sent a technician to our home in July of 2015. We are still waiting for our meter to be installed. The panels were installed weeks ago. They look good but now power is being generated for our use. They have promised but not delivered exemplary customer service. They failed to pay one of the sub contractors for a time and have now settled with them. We are currently looking for a way out of this mess. Twice in the last two weeks I have called to see what the hold up is and I was told that it was up to PG & E. We were given another deadline for action, but to date have not received even return phone call.

Frank Gonzalez Lancaster, CA

Highly recommend this company. Very professional and willing to answer any and all of our questions. The installers are superb and very clean.

Namching Young Mill Valley, CA

my solar panel was installed Jan 2016. To date, I am not reaping ANY PG & E savings because Complete Solar kept hooking it up to the wrong meter. many many emails and phone calls to Complete Solar and still nothing happens. I can really get a help from someone to get Complete Solar to finish the job. Alas, I already paid them because they kept sending me bills and I thought it was done correctly last year.

maryann avila Loma Linda, CA