Terminix

6.0

LAST UPDATED: September 21st, 2021

Terminix began in 1927, and with more than 90 years of experience in termite treatment and pest management, it has become a nation-leading termite and pest control service provider.

Terminix employs Ph.D.-level entomologists and certified members of the Entomological Society of America. Terminix has a team of more than 8,000 trained pest control technicians and helps over 2 million customers get rid of unwanted pests. The company is a household name in the pest control industry and currently operates in 45 states within the United States.

The Good

• Quarterly Pest Control Services
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Wildlife and Rodent Control
  • Additional Services
  • Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Quarterly Pest Control Services

Pests are active year-round. While some may only appear in the spring and summer, others will find shelter in your home during the fall and winter. With year-round pests, you'll need year-round protection.

Terminix's Pest Control plan offers flexible treatment plans that take into consideration pest activity, location, and the season. Homeowners can expect a technician to treat the outside of their home every season - a total of four treatments a year (including the initial service).

As a part of its 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*, Terminix states that if the pests come back, it will too.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Terminix attempts to respond to its customers within two hours of the initial contact every day of the year, 24 hours a day. To accomplish this goal, the pest control company deploys the closest available exterminator to the location. With more than 300 locations across the United States, Terminix is equipped to respond quickly to any ant, tick, or termite problem within its expansive service area.

Many Terminix plans, such as the Residential Termite, Pest, and Mosquito plans, are protected with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Under this guarantee, Terminix will do whatever it takes, including coming back between treatments at no cost, until the pest problem is gone. If the bug problem persists, or the customer is not completely satisfied within 30 days of an inspection or treatment, Terminix has a money-back guarantee and will refund the treatment charges and cancel the current service plan.

To see how this guarantee compare's to Orkin, visit our compare page.

Wildlife and Rodent Control

Alongside providing pest control services for common pests, Terminix offers homeowners and commercial properties a wildlife control plan. This includes effective, humane traps for raccoons, possums, squirrels, and other nuisance animals that can cause hundreds — possibly even thousands — of dollars in damage. Wildlife can chew through wires, eat drywall, tear insulation, leave droppings behind, and destroy personal property and belongings.

A Wildlife Control plan with Terminix includes a free inspection — where a technician will identify any entry points the wildlife are using to get in — a guarantee to come back and eliminate, and remove trapped pests, repairs to any new damage, and the company will seal any new entry points the wildlife creates**.

Additional Services

Terminix covers more than just insect and pest infestation problems; it also provides crawl space services and attic insulation services. Terminix not only treats for pests but works hard to identify and correct conditions that encourage their presence. Many homeowners aren't aware that moisture in their crawl space attracts several pests — many of which who can cause thousands in property damage.

Terminix uses advanced solutions to help protect homes against water damage, fungi, mildew, and minimize the conditions that attract pests. The company also offers an Attic Insulation service. Terminix's attic insulation is made from 85 percent recycled materials, is ENERGY STAR certified, is flame retardant, and able to reduce noise. As insulation degrades, it increases the wear and tear on the air conditioner and heater. Terminix's attic insulation can help homeowners regulate the temperatures in their homes, therefore, lowering heating and cooling costs.

Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Terminix has been in business for over 90 years and has locations in 45 states. The company has a network of over 300 local branches that can provide residential and commercial pest control. Each branch employs trained pest control technicians who specialize in local pest and termite control.

Terminix can even assist the homeowner establish a termite bond prior to the sale of the house. Terminix's termite bond states that a home has been inspected for termite damage, and details the severity of any termite infestation found and its respective treatment recommendation. The pest control company also works with home insurance companies to establish a termite contract, which consists of both an initial and annual termite inspection. In the event of a termite pest issue, Terminix will provide its termite control services at no cost to the homeowner.

Each Terminix technician knows that common household pests and rodents in any building can spread disease and seriously damage the quality and reputation of the company's product or service. That's why Teminix's Commercial Pest Control plan includes custom solutions for businesses. Whether it's retail services, healthcare facilities, food processing, Terminix helps businesses protect their reputation and stops pests from disrupting day-to-day operations.

Additionally, Terminix offers customized services for national companies. Its National Accounts team specializes is offering customized pest control services to businesses with multiple locations throughout the United States.

The Bad

• Pest Control Plan Exclusions
  • Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

Pest Control Plan Exclusions

Before signing a contract with Terminix for a pest control plan, be sure to read the fine print and make sure the treatment plan provides the right coverage. For example, Terminix’s Guaranteed Pest Control Plan covers treatment for cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants, clothes moths, non-poisonous spiders, scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps.

It does not include coverage for carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, tawny crazy ants, termites, wood-boring beetles, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.

Homeowners who want coverage for these pests will need to purchase an additional pest control plan for an additional charge.

Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

While Terminix offers coverage in most of the United States, there are five states that Terminix does not service: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Vermont.

The Bottom Line

Terminix is one of the most well-known brands in the termite treatment and pest control industry and has more than 90 years of experience. The company offers free inspections for services that require an inspection before purchase, a variety of plans, a money-back guarantee, and 100 percent satisfaction on many services.

However, be sure to read the fine print on the contract before signing. The Standard Pest Control plan doesn't cover all pests and to receive coverage for certain pests (mosquito service, termite activity, bed bug issues, etc.), you'll have to pay a separate fee for an additional plan.

Terminix does stand out with its superior customer service. The pest control operators strive to respond to customers and deploy a local technician to any location as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. The Terminix C.O.D.E provides customers with 24/7 customer service, on-demand solutions, 100 percent satisfaction, and effective pest control strategies.

Overall, we recommend working with Terminix for your professional pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

*If within 30 days after an inspection or treatment you aren't totally satisfied, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges, reimburse any prepaid services, and cancel your plan. Subject to additional limitations and restrictions. See Terminix Pest Control Plan for details.

**Covered pests include rats, mice, bats, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, groundhogs, armadillos, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and snakes. Limitations apply. See Terminix Rodent and Wildlife Exclusion Service Plan for details. Consult your plan for specific terms and limitations that may apply. Not available in all areas.

2.7

Aly Houston, TX

I've had Terminix on and off for years (I lived in a part of the country with fewer bugs for a while so did not have it). Overall Terminix is pretty good at bug prevention. There are occasions where some bugs are just great at coming back (tree roaches and ants for instance) and I do wish there was more Terminix did on that front (hence four stars) HOWEVER they always, always send someone out to follow up and respray when that happens. Overall a service I won't live without living in a southern humid climate.

Reply from Terminix

Thanks for sharing your positive experience, Rachelle. We're committed to being your trusted provider for all your pest control needs! Please give us a call if we can help you further!

Sep. 20th, 2021

farhad akhtari Queens, NY

Terminix had no problem to send their "salesperson" within 48hrs. They charge your credit card $1,200 and "promise" 1 year service. But then their pest control guys don't show up for the service call - twice now !!. John in RI tells me to wait for him on a Friday and on a second occasion on a Monday between 1-5pm.....I had taken time out of work....and he did not bother to show up. I won't recommend this company !!

1 day ago

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Norma. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] including your full-service address, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account or call 1-800-TERMINIX

Sep. 21st, 2021

Robert Rootes Bestselling Author Fredericksburg, VA

Our specialist reached out to us when we first moved into the house back in '17. He took the time to inspect the exterior and the interior basement. He had a range of options that fit our budge. We don't need a lot of pest management. The specialist took the time when I had questions and concerns about the care and management of the building with pets inside the home. He made recommendations that wouldn't interfere with our daily lives.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, Robert Rootes Bestselling! Our customers and their satisfaction are Terminix's top priorities, and we appreciate that you have found it to be beneficial. Give us a call at 1-800-TERMINIX if you need anything

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I entered the rental property business and few years ago and fortunately found Terminix to be a reliable, trustworthy, and reasonable company. Their employees have been thorough, friendly, and professional.

Reply from Terminix

Jmarsh, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad you are happy with your experience with us! We're here to help with any of your pest control needs.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Ive had terminix for over 30 years,they are as good as any pest control price's are fair,very rarely do i ever see live insects in my house and im in florida.

Reply from Terminix

Steve, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Brian W Loxahatchee Groves, FL

Do NOT use this company. I would give negative stars if possible. My family and I have had a terrible experience. We discovered we had bed bugs in our house and called Terminix to treat it. The tech suggested tenting and fumigation to make sure the bed bugs were completely eliminated. We agreed and he gave us an appt 3 weeks away. The day of the tenting the crew shows up and they say due to the roof being too steep they would not be doing the tenting that day. They said they would come back the next day with a crane to finish the job. They did not show up the next day nor did anyone tell me what was going on. My family and I were staying at a hotel at this point over 20 miles away. Since they didn't do the job on either day, I've tried reaching out to them to find out what's going on and the only person that has responded to me was the tech and he didn't know what was going on either. He let me know he had put in a request for them to call me but would be fired if he gave out supervisors or managers phone numbers. On the following Monday, a full 6 days after the tenting was supposed to happen the tech said he had to talked to his supervisor and they were only going to offer me a credit for the hotel and a future date of July 1st. A full 10 days away at that time and still charge me full price for the tenting and I'd still have to pay for another hotel. I have a number of animals (goats, chickens and a cockatoo) that live outside on my property and I had to go back each day to give them food and water. They offered nothing in regards to the inconvenience of having to drive 20 miles each way (there are no hotels close to my house) to get back to my house to take care of them and basically wasted 3 nights at a hotel for nothing. No tenting or fumigation and I still have bed bugs. Terminix management has made no effort to contact me directly and have made it impossible to get ahold of them.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Jul. 8th, 2021

Just Me Pine Bush, NY

Critical: Professionalism, Quality Terminex called when my contract was up for renewal however I told them at the time I was not able to renew it. A few days later they had taken the money out of my account. I called multiple times and requested a refund. Two weeks later still no refund and when I called the service manager HUNTER he had promised me everything would be taken care of. That he got the OK to get a reimbursement of the money they took out of my account. Two weeks later I still haven’t received a check or credit to my checking account. I called again and I was told that there was a credit to the account for the money they took out. I told I didn’t understand why they would credit an account that was canceled. That’s when they told me the account and contract had not been canceled Then they said in order for me to get a refund I need to speak to the service manager. I told them I spoke with HUNTER extensively about the situation. Customer service said there was nothing they could do until I spoke with a service manager and that would have to wait until Monday if I could get through to somebody. With all of this happening Terminex said they would send somebody out to inspect the house for free because of all the problems and phone calls and aggravation I’ve been going through. That has not been done. I am still waiting for a credit of over 200 dollars with no guarantee of getting it. Also to add to this during the contract last year they came to ‘inspect’ and told me everything was fine however upon looking into the eaves we found a hornet’s nest. We bought long distance spray to kill them ourselves which was difficult since it was second story eave above the window I know this is a long winded review however I just want people to understand what goes on behind the scenes that when things do go wrong they don’t make any effort to make it right. I have spoken with at least seven people which is completely unnecessary. Be careful when signing up and do not have automatic payments taken out. Do not let them keep your credit card or checking account number on file. I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else and hopefully this review will give people some insight on when there is something not right, that you struggle to get help.

Dee Johnson Virginia Beach, VA

I was hesitant to call Terminix because of the mixed reviews. I called anyway and I have not regretted the decision, even though someone had suggested that I use Orkin instead. I want to thank Howard A and Christopher M for being a great asset to the company due to your professionalism, congeniality, diligence and being knowledgeable when explaining the situation. Even the scheduler, Lakisha was very helpful to work with me regarding the timeframe for the services. Now, I saw a water bug afterwards; however, he didn't make it far. That sucka was stretched out. RIP! LOL! I cremated him with the vacuum cleaner! The chemicals work! Yay! Thank you.

Reply from Terminix

Dee, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Jan. 29th, 2020

dennis smith Chicago, IL

I called Terminix because I had a squirrel infestation in my attic. The salesman showed up and assured me they would take care of the problem. He also suggested I replace the my attic insulation as a measure to cleanup the contamination left by years of rodent excrement. I agreed, and they showed up immediately to replace the attic insulation, and I assumed to take care of the primary problem.....squirrels. [email protected] 8 months, and numerous phone calls, followed by another visit they still have not eliminated the real reason I called them...squirrels. I have now paid @ $5000 to deal with this problem, and it still is not fixed. My new insulation more than likely contaminated again, and there is not end in sight. Save your money, and aggravation and call someone else.

AF ,

We have been customers with Terminix for almost 10 years. We often have people knock on our door and try to get us to switch over, but we're really happy with them. The seem reasonably priced (compared to others) and I think our tech does a great job. We recently had a mouse problem (first time ever) and they really did a great job setting up traps and taking care of it. I also like that you can call in between your services and they'll come right away. They've been good! The only thing I DON'T like is that they will occasionally increase our price out of the blue by just a few bucks.

Reply from Terminix

Af, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Sep. 18th, 2020

Erica Melrose, FL

We have had a pest company coming for several months. Never saw any dead pests and population of pests kept increasing. We cancelled service and hired termi ex to come out. After the service was complete we left for the night. Came back the next evening and there were dead pests everywhere. We are very grateful for the quick precise elimination of them. We will keep terminex recurring services indefinately.

Mr & Mrs AJ Gulfport, MS

Have used Terminix for over 18 years, since within 11 & 15 months of Redd & J&J treating our homes, Termites were back. It is easy to get frustrated having to deal with some person sitting somewhere who you can tell over the phone could careless 99% of the time they answer, but the Technicians and their Local staff you can tell make a great effort! Gulfport, MS Tech Ashley and Baton Rouge Freddy! Terminix is not always right, but which ones of us are - at least they care and try make it right.

LORA

Terminix is the best pest control out there. I had tons of spiders in my home and out , it was so bad that we could no longer sit on our porch. I can not believe that with the first service there was such a difference. No more issues they will service me four times a year witch is outstanding for the price. BEST COMPANY BEST PRICE. THANK YOU TERMINIX

Gary Kapanowski Macomb, MI

Terrible customer service. Order the service. I tried to call and change the date and time of the appointment it took 3.5 hours and 5 calls to get through to a person. Cancelled the service which took a long time and asked to talk to a manager who was not available.

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I signed up with Terminix when I discovered a bug infestation in our home. A technician came out within 24 hours and identified the bugs and the treatment needed. As these bugs were tough critters, we had technicians come out between our regularly scheduled applications to retreat problem areas, at no additional cost. Within months, the bugs were gone and we have not had any problems since! Terminix is great about notifying me about upcoming treatments and giving me a window of time when they will be at my house, then, on the day of treatment, letting me know when they are on their way. Their autopay billing is easy. When I have called into their customer service center, the agents have been professional and easy to work with. They are mindful of my pets. They are thorough. I have been very happy with my service with Terminix but most importantly, the results that I got in taking care of my bug problem!

Becky Willey Portland, OR

I would give negative stars if I could. Worst. Service. Ever! Every time you call expect to be on hold for over an hour. No exaggeration. 60 minutes minimum. There is no way to call a local office. There is no option to leave a message or to leave your # and schedule a call back. Nope. You just wait on hold. We just sold our house and I waited over an hour to be able to tell them and then they had the nerve to ask if I wanted to transfer my service to our new home. LOL. Stick with a local company unless you want to spend your time on hold.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Dennis. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] including your full-service address and the phone number associated with the account or call 1-800-TERMINIX

Jun. 11th, 2021

Polo Craus Orlando, FL

These people are scammers, liars and unprofessional, a shame that a company like this is misleading the public. It is the worst service I have ever hired. With lies they impose contracts on someone who did not ask and then make them pay bills for a service that does not work, about 6 times they came to my house for a cockroach problem and they never solved it, but what they are good for is fo the bills. The customer service by phone is even worse, they take more than an hour to answer and sometimes they simply block the call after the waiting hour. NEVER hire these scammers

Apr. 26th, 2021

E S Newtown Square, PA

Buyer's remorse. We had Terminix service our property in the Lehigh Valley area (Allentown, PA). The technicians were great and the pests were under control. Customer Service Reps on the phone were wonderful as well. However, if you need to cancel your contract and get a refund, it's brutal. It's taken 4 months to get our refund. The branch manager was nice in the beginning and then never followed up. I thought a complaint through the BBB would help things along. Nope. Terminix and the branch manager dragged their feet for two months after the complaint was filed. It wasn't until I said I was going to contact the CEO of Terminix that a check was cut the very next day. Too late. I had already left the CEO a voicemail at the corporate office. He had two very nice women call me and within 24 hours the two refund issues we were having were resolved. Moral of the story: When you've been nice and tried everything to resolve your issues, file a complaint with the BBB. If that doesn't move things along then call or write the the CEO of the company. It's unfortunate to have to do this, but it does get results.

Feb. 13th, 2021

Reecie Herndon, VA

My husband and I signed a contract with Terminix, on 2/26/20. The contract was for termite treatment, and the amount was $1,052. We were advised, by the Sales rep-Joe Hampton, that we could make installments of $99 until the balance was paid, and that we would need to pay $99 down that day to cover February's payment. We paid $99 on 02/26/20, and our credit card was charged $99 from 03/20-01/21. I called Terminix on 1/25/21 to inquire why we were still being charged, and to request a refund for the difference of $136. We made 12 payments of $99. The agent, Vanessa advised me that he wasn't sure but the payment that was drafted on 1/26/21 would be our last payment. I informed her that I would like to speak to the Service Rep for a further explanation. No one called. I called back again to request a callback. On 1/27/21, Chris called me and explained that the $99 that we paid on 2/26/20 was for materials and wasn't applied towards our balance. I explained to him that wasn't what our sales rep advised us or Vanessa. He informed me that Vanessa should've known this and that I still had 1 more month to make a $63 payment, and if I didn't pay it he would send me to the collection agency. I advised him that I disagreed and to cancel my account after January and remove my credit card information, which Vanessa stated that she removed on 1/26. On 1/28/21, I was scheduled to have my rent house treated. Instead, I received ab email stating that my Terminix account was canceled. I called in and got Vanessa who informed me that my account shouldn’t have been billed again for the $63.25, and that if I was charged for January, I should’ve received my treatment on 1/28/2021. My point, exactly. Not only was I charged for January, but I also didn’t receive service, and my credit card was charged $63.25 by the jerk, Chris. He was rude and sounded like an abusive person and a racist. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and disputed the charges with my credit card company. My advice to you, if you do business with this entity tape all conversations and watch your credit card. They illegally charged my card for what would’ve been a February payment, per Chris, on 1/28/21. Even though my service was canceled in January. And, they still wanted to charge me $29 per month for a warranty that I already paid $1052 for service for.

Feb. 10th, 2021

Amanda Hale ,

Negative 5 stars... I cannot say if their treatment plans work because I cancelled mine before they came back to start the treatment. The cost was higher than our bank allows per day. So we called the bank and requested that they increase the daily limit. They said no because haven't had the account long enough (4 months ish).. so we decided we would transfer the money half and half over two days to a PayPal card. However, the terminix rep told us they don't accept paypal cards (they must be the only place on the planet that don't) so this morning I called the local office to see what other options we may have. After I explained to the lady, and I say that loosely, what happened with the bank she replied "well maybe you should try putting some money into your account" offended by her assumption that I was trying to use money I don't have and her obvious lack of listening skills, I said there IS money in the account and she snapped then why won't it go through.? So again I explained the daily limit issue. Then she says we'll can't you just get a credit card? I said no that's not an option. And she snapped "then I don't know what to tell you. " Then she proceeded to tell me how her bank operates with her account and said "so I know they can increase that limit.. " i finally asked to speak to a manager and she says "there are no managers here. And they will tell you the same thing!" I said that's not what I want to talk to a manager about. It's about how rude youre being.. and she says "why because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear?" At this point I was pretty upset with terminix so I told her to keep her treatment plan and I'll call orkin... This was the single rudest person I've ever encountered in a business... And I'd learn to live with the pests before id hire this company!!!!!

Jan. 8th, 2021

Jeff culver Placerville, CA

We were so happy with Dominic! He came out twice to get rid of the mosquitoes before our outdoor wedding. We were pleased on our wedding day to have no mosquitoes bothering our guests! We highly recommend Dominic and Terminix to make your summer mosquito free. The cost is nominal too!

Bryan David Ross, Sr. Portsmouth, VA

I have used Terminix services for both termite and rodent control for about a decade now. They are always on time and always answer my questions and concerns as I live behind wetlands. Mr. John W is the technical representative for the Portsmouth, VA. Terminix and always does a great job.!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I paid a year in advance to get the discount on my quarterly service with Terminix. I got the basic pest treatment which covers most the inside and outside of the house. There's been a few times that I've needed to call them so they would come out and take care of a few spiders and a bees nest. Scheduling with Terminix is easy & convenient.

Alex Rogerson Saratoga Springs, UT

We used to use Alterra, but they were bought out by Terminix in 2015. We did not love Alterra because of how difficult it was to get a technician to come spray when we found bugs inside. Terminix not only kept our pricing as we had with Alterra, but they are much quicker to respond and take care of our needs. Only reason for a 4 star instead of 5 is because it still does a phone call to get someone to spray between quarterly sprays. Would be nice if we could schedule it online or through an app.

Joseph Perry Jacksonville, FL

Did not show up on time they rescheduled for next day supposed to be first appointment still did not show up canceled service Terminix sucks.Is the menager was the one who made the appointment and promise me first service next day. Yulle Fl area

Apr. 26th, 2021

LaTicia Barclay ,

Run! Their products don't work, and they steal from their customers! I had them come out, when I tried to cancel the service because it didn't work, they said that I had to have two attempts in order to get my money back. They came out the second time and still nothing. Had McCoy Pest Control come out, and the problem was resolved. So not only did they take my money, for a service that didn't work, I had to turn around and pay someone else. Not to mention the first person that came out was very rude and unprofessional!

Philippe P East Durham, NY

I have been a Terminix customer for years. In April 2020 I bought a pest exclusion for my house for around $1,000 and as of December 21, I still have pest in the house waking me up at night and running in the ceiling. I have a one-way trap installed 2 months ago that Terminix never came to remove (Needless to say that it didn't help) and never followed up on. I have been calling several times a week for the past month to get: 1. reimbursement since they cannot get the pest problem resolved for the past 9 months after coming at least 5 times to my house. 2. I have asked this issue to be escalated several times and nobody has called me back although I get promises that someone will within a day 3. someone to come remove this one-way door. Also the work has been poorly done from the beginning with Terminix employees leaving tools under my deck and spraying foams and letting it overflow all over the walls. Overall inadmissible

Dec. 28th, 2020

jen poulin Merrimack, NH

DO NOT TRUST!!! I paid them for a termite service as that is what they told me my problem was. The tech that came out told me he 'didn't even think I had termites', but did the traps anyway. I continued to have wood damage from ANTS. They charged me in advance for the renewal (which I didn't agree to). I had to cancel my credit card so that they would stop trying to charge me additional fees. I have been trying to cancel and get my money back from the renewal charge for 18months! They even came and got the traps when my year was up. They tell me every time that they will have someone from the 'local office' get back to me. I have not had one return call.. EVER!

AP Festus, MO

Horrible. My first service was scheduled 9/11 from 10am-12pm. 12pm comes and goes and I had to reach out to customer service about 7 times. Technician finally shows up around 4pm after my entire day I took off work was wasted. I was scheduled a follow up service 10/1 with the same tech from 3pm-5pm. He never showed. Never called, nothing. I contact customer service again requesting a different technician all together who contacts the local manager and says they have scheduled me with someone else for 10/3, only for me to find out they lied and scheduled the same guy. After being more than patient I got fed up and cancelled. Their policy is to issue a refund after 30 days if you are not satisfied but the “manager” refuses to refund me. I’ll be exploring my legal options and making sure everyone knows never to hire this company.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

Terminix had my contract for termite inspection at my former house. The technicians were always very professional and polite when they visited. They have a good, user friendly website that tells you what you need to know.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for the review, Wayne! We at Terminix pride ourselves on having a friendly, accommodating, and professional team, and we are so happy they were able to assist you!

Sep. 12th, 2020

Roberta Bowers Fort Wayne, IN

I have had Terminix coming out for over a year because my neighbors fumigated for roaches and the roaches ran to my home. they have been treating once every 3 months and the roaches are worse now then when they started. I have told the guy that my son has sever asthma and that he also has a sever allergy to roaches and he said that this would not take but a couple of treatments because they were not bad. The guy said he would come back and retreat every two weeks until they were gone and he has not been back out in almost 2 months. Very disappointed with the service that I have received and will be going with another company.

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Terminix is a great pest control option. With awesome pricing and fast service, their employees are punctual, polite, and professional. They always get rid of unwanted insect pests.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you, Anita! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

Mar. 13th, 2020

Marty O Wichita, KS

In August 2019 we had Terminix Pest Control provide our home with a professional estimate for bug infestation of bed bugs. Terminix staff professionally and courteously provided us a prompt estimate. After x3 applications and treatments for bed bugs we believed we had the pest problem under control. We followed all preparation guidelines required by the company before treatment. Including but not limited to: Washing & or heat drying all cloth material clothing in closets, dresser drawers, cabinets and cloth curtains hanging on walls. Washed / heat dried & doubled bagged in plastic containers and plastic bags. We even removed bug infested furniture pieces in living room x4. Over $2.200 spent on services dollars 11 1/2 months later and Terminix wants to charge us for a new application. While this house is under a 12 moth warranty for protection from bed bugs. We are greatly dissatisfied with service. Marty O. Wichita, Kansas

Anne Virginia Beach, VA

Daniel was prompt and very knowledgeable. Asked me questions about any possible insect problems. Knew exactly any insects I had questions about. Very friendly and professional.

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

Terminix is super affordable and they get the job done. They are super fast at what they do and make it easy to communicate with them. I will definitely be using them in the future.

Karen Seibert-Combs Markle, IN

I asked them to come out 6 times to fix my roach issues, they sprayed every crevis, & outside around my entire house. maybe its not due to their lack to resolve the issue, my neighbors have the same problem.

Great job, as promised! Novato, CA

Despite 40 years of Terminix high-end service, small bugs weren't exterminated. The bugs ate holes in $100K of art and rare musical instruments. When I called the service manager to report the disaster, he had a lackadaisical and refused to cover the loss with insurance. Plus, their mosquito eradication is worthless.

Dr Rhonda Yuvonne Gullette Dayton, OH

I have used Terminex for many years. They come when I need them. No hassle if I need them to come back out to treat a problem, they do. The technicians are very professional and they call before they come. They treat inside and outside.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you, Dr Rhonda Yuvonne! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

Ray Reyes Fuquay-Varina, NC

I have been with Terminix for more than 13 years and they conduct a great service thru my house. No termite, spider, bugs the scrawl space is 100% off of humidity they keep my house safe and I keep the home value up to standard.

Aug. 10th, 2020

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

They were able to get me scheduled within a week and they had people come out twice within a week period. The first time was for termites and that went great. And then the second service was straightforward and simple. A guy came and asked me what my issues were. I told him that the spiders were an issue and he sprayed. He knew what he needed to do and I just left him to it. When he was finished, I signed the paperwork. He was gone within an hour. Since the service, I have had no problems with pest activity.

Reply from Terminix

Hello Wendy, thank you for taking the time to rate your positive experience with us. We take great pride in providing our customers with a defense against pests.

Jan. 21st, 2020

AK Riverton, UT

We've been using Terminix for over 9 years and have been pleased overall. I like that they will come back to the house in between scheduled appointments if you have any issues at all. Setting up the appointments is easy too. The technicians have been pretty friendly and helpful to problem-solve issues. The only complaint I have is that every once and awhile we'll get notice that they're increasing our rate, usually a postcard in the mail. Even though it's not very much of a price increase each time, it's still frustrating.

Reply from Terminix

We're proud to serve customers like you! Thanks for leaving us a rating.

Dec. 17th, 2019

Had a bit of an ant infestation. Called termini and they were here next day. They were able to use product that is child friendly and pet friendly and I felt so confident. We get our area sprayed once every summer and once every fall. reasonably prices friendly people and the ants seem to stay out of the house win win.

Phyllis Hecht Lincoln, CA

I have Terminix as my pest control and they are very reliable. They even have done free checks for pests in the attic, etc. I had a problem with insects that were in a drawer and they found the source. They were in my oatmeal. They took care of the problem.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Terminix has responsible people who take their job seriously and know what to do with the information available. I have had them spray and have not had a problem with bugs or pests. They are professional and very knowledgable.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We use Terminix for our normal pest control and have been very happy. What we didn't realize until recently is that they also provide Attic insulation service. Our home is now running with better efficiency and we are free from little critters!

Erin Lindon, UT

We had a lot of spiders and mice before using Terminex. The techs are friendly and thorough. They always call in advance to let us know when they’re coming and inform us when the job is complete. We no longer have spiders and mice in our garage. I’d highly recommend this company.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

We have previously used Terminix for our residential pest control. while the service was what we expected it was a bit challenging for them to have a technician available to service our home sometimes. Both times I used them it was more than 2 weeks before they could schedule someone to come out. other than that, service was adequate and what I expected.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

while this is a well know company and im sure it is great on many different levels, we were using them for pest control for about 9 months. their prices we’re a bit more expensive than other places, but they insured me that there were services their company took care of that others did not. I stayed with them for a little while but when there was a price increase I stopped using their service.

Jeff B Orem, UT

I used Terminix for quite some time for basic pest control. During that time they always did the job but at the same time I was never blown away. I think that the pest control industry comes down to customer service since the products are very similar across the board. Terminix always had great customer service and that is where my rating comes from.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

terminix has been great! their customer service was super awesome and easy to work with, and the process itself didn't take long at all which was convenient for me and my busy schedule! i highly recommend them and will be using them in the future.