Terminix

6.0

Terminix began in 1927, and with more than 90 years of experience in termite treatment and pest management, it has become a nation-leading termite and pest control service provider.

Terminix employs Ph.D.-level entomologists and certified members of the Entomological Society of America. Terminix has a team of more than 8,000 trained pest control technicians and helps over 2 million customers get rid of unwanted pests. The company is a household name in the pest control industry and currently operates in 45 states within the United States.

The Good

• Quarterly Pest Control Services
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Wildlife and Rodent Control
  • Additional Services
  • Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Quarterly Pest Control Services

Pests are active year-round. While some may only appear in the spring and summer, others will find shelter in your home during the fall and winter. With year-round pests, you'll need year-round protection.

Terminix's Pest Control plan offers flexible treatment plans that take into consideration pest activity, location, and the season. Homeowners can expect a technician to treat the outside of their home every season - a total of four treatments a year (including the initial service).

As a part of its 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*, Terminix states that if the pests come back, it will too.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Terminix attempts to respond to its customers within two hours of the initial contact every day of the year, 24 hours a day. To accomplish this goal, the pest control company deploys the closest available exterminator to the location. With more than 300 locations across the United States, Terminix is equipped to respond quickly to any ant, tick, or termite problem within its expansive service area.

Many Terminix plans, such as the Residential Termite, Pest, and Mosquito plans, are protected with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Under this guarantee, Terminix will do whatever it takes, including coming back between treatments at no cost, until the pest problem is gone. If the bug problem persists, or the customer is not completely satisfied within 30 days of an inspection or treatment, Terminix has a money-back guarantee and will refund the treatment charges and cancel the current service plan.

To see how this guarantee compare's to Orkin, visit our compare page.

Wildlife and Rodent Control

Alongside providing pest control services for common pests, Terminix offers homeowners and commercial properties a wildlife control plan. This includes effective, humane traps for raccoons, possums, squirrels, and other nuisance animals that can cause hundreds — possibly even thousands — of dollars in damage. Wildlife can chew through wires, eat drywall, tear insulation, leave droppings behind, and destroy personal property and belongings.

A Wildlife Control plan with Terminix includes a free inspection — where a technician will identify any entry points the wildlife are using to get in — a guarantee to come back and eliminate, and remove trapped pests, repairs to any new damage, and the company will seal any new entry points the wildlife creates**.

Additional Services

Terminix covers more than just insect and pest infestation problems; it also provides crawl space services and attic insulation services. Terminix not only treats for pests but works hard to identify and correct conditions that encourage their presence. Many homeowners aren't aware that moisture in their crawl space attracts several pests — many of which who can cause thousands in property damage.

Terminix uses advanced solutions to help protect homes against water damage, fungi, mildew, and minimize the conditions that attract pests. The company also offers an Attic Insulation service. Terminix's attic insulation is made from 85 percent recycled materials, is ENERGY STAR certified, is flame retardant, and able to reduce noise. As insulation degrades, it increases the wear and tear on the air conditioner and heater. Terminix's attic insulation can help homeowners regulate the temperatures in their homes, therefore, lowering heating and cooling costs.

Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Terminix has been in business for over 90 years and has locations in 45 states. The company has a network of over 300 local branches that can provide residential and commercial pest control. Each branch employs trained pest control technicians who specialize in local pest and termite control.

Terminix can even assist the homeowner establish a termite bond prior to the sale of the house. Terminix's termite bond states that a home has been inspected for termite damage, and details the severity of any termite infestation found and its respective treatment recommendation. The pest control company also works with home insurance companies to establish a termite contract, which consists of both an initial and annual termite inspection. In the event of a termite pest issue, Terminix will provide its termite control services at no cost to the homeowner.

Each Terminix technician knows that common household pests and rodents in any building can spread disease and seriously damage the quality and reputation of the company's product or service. That's why Teminix's Commercial Pest Control plan includes custom solutions for businesses. Whether it's retail services, healthcare facilities, food processing, Terminix helps businesses protect their reputation and stops pests from disrupting day-to-day operations.

Additionally, Terminix offers customized services for national companies. Its National Accounts team specializes is offering customized pest control services to businesses with multiple locations throughout the United States.

The Bad

• Pest Control Plan Exclusions
  • Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

Pest Control Plan Exclusions

Before signing a contract with Terminix for a pest control plan, be sure to read the fine print and make sure the treatment plan provides the right coverage. For example, Terminix’s Guaranteed Pest Control Plan covers treatment for cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants, clothes moths, non-poisonous spiders, scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps.

It does not include coverage for carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, tawny crazy ants, termites, wood-boring beetles, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.

Homeowners who want coverage for these pests will need to purchase an additional pest control plan for an additional charge.

Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

While Terminix offers coverage in most of the United States, there are five states that Terminix does not service: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Vermont.

The Bottom Line

Terminix is one of the most well-known brands in the termite treatment and pest control industry and has more than 90 years of experience. The company offers free inspections for services that require an inspection before purchase, a variety of plans, a money-back guarantee, and 100 percent satisfaction on many services.

However, be sure to read the fine print on the contract before signing. The Standard Pest Control plan doesn't cover all pests and to receive coverage for certain pests (mosquito service, termite activity, bed bug issues, etc.), you'll have to pay a separate fee for an additional plan.

Terminix does stand out with its superior customer service. The pest control operators strive to respond to customers and deploy a local technician to any location as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. The Terminix C.O.D.E provides customers with 24/7 customer service, on-demand solutions, 100 percent satisfaction, and effective pest control strategies.

Overall, we recommend working with Terminix for your professional pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

*If within 30 days after an inspection or treatment you aren't totally satisfied, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges, reimburse any prepaid services, and cancel your plan. Subject to additional limitations and restrictions. See Terminix Pest Control Plan for details.

**Covered pests include rats, mice, bats, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, groundhogs, armadillos, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and snakes. Limitations apply. See Terminix Rodent and Wildlife Exclusion Service Plan for details. Consult your plan for specific terms and limitations that may apply. Not available in all areas.

2.7

Becky Willey Portland, OR

I would give negative stars if I could. Worst. Service. Ever! Every time you call expect to be on hold for over an hour. No exaggeration. 60 minutes minimum. There is no way to call a local office. There is no option to leave a message or to leave your # and schedule a call back. Nope. You just wait on hold. We just sold our house and I waited over an hour to be able to tell them and then they had the nerve to ask if I wanted to transfer my service to our new home. LOL. Stick with a local company unless you want to spend your time on hold.

Polo Craus Orlando, FL

These people are scammers, liars and unprofessional, a shame that a company like this is misleading the public. It is the worst service I have ever hired. With lies they impose contracts on someone who did not ask and then make them pay bills for a service that does not work, about 6 times they came to my house for a cockroach problem and they never solved it, but what they are good for is fo the bills. The customer service by phone is even worse, they take more than an hour to answer and sometimes they simply block the call after the waiting hour. NEVER hire these scammers

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Apr. 26th, 2021

LaTicia Barclay ,

Run! Their products don't work, and they steal from their customers! I had them come out, when I tried to cancel the service because it didn't work, they said that I had to have two attempts in order to get my money back. They came out the second time and still nothing. Had McCoy Pest Control come out, and the problem was resolved. So not only did they take my money, for a service that didn't work, I had to turn around and pay someone else. Not to mention the first person that came out was very rude and unprofessional!

AF ,

We have been customers with Terminix for almost 10 years. We often have people knock on our door and try to get us to switch over, but we're really happy with them. The seem reasonably priced (compared to others) and I think our tech does a great job. We recently had a mouse problem (first time ever) and they really did a great job setting up traps and taking care of it. I also like that you can call in between your services and they'll come right away. They've been good! The only thing I DON'T like is that they will occasionally increase our price out of the blue by just a few bucks.

Reply from Terminix

Af, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Sep. 18th, 2020

E S Newtown Square, PA

Buyer's remorse. We had Terminix service our property in the Lehigh Valley area (Allentown, PA). The technicians were great and the pests were under control. Customer Service Reps on the phone were wonderful as well. However, if you need to cancel your contract and get a refund, it's brutal. It's taken 4 months to get our refund. The branch manager was nice in the beginning and then never followed up. I thought a complaint through the BBB would help things along. Nope. Terminix and the branch manager dragged their feet for two months after the complaint was filed. It wasn't until I said I was going to contact the CEO of Terminix that a check was cut the very next day. Too late. I had already left the CEO a voicemail at the corporate office. He had two very nice women call me and within 24 hours the two refund issues we were having were resolved. Moral of the story: When you've been nice and tried everything to resolve your issues, file a complaint with the BBB. If that doesn't move things along then call or write the the CEO of the company. It's unfortunate to have to do this, but it does get results.

Feb. 13th, 2021

Reecie Herndon, VA

My husband and I signed a contract with Terminix, on 2/26/20. The contract was for termite treatment, and the amount was $1,052. We were advised, by the Sales rep-Joe Hampton, that we could make installments of $99 until the balance was paid, and that we would need to pay $99 down that day to cover February's payment. We paid $99 on 02/26/20, and our credit card was charged $99 from 03/20-01/21. I called Terminix on 1/25/21 to inquire why we were still being charged, and to request a refund for the difference of $136. We made 12 payments of $99. The agent, Vanessa advised me that he wasn't sure but the payment that was drafted on 1/26/21 would be our last payment. I informed her that I would like to speak to the Service Rep for a further explanation. No one called. I called back again to request a callback. On 1/27/21, Chris called me and explained that the $99 that we paid on 2/26/20 was for materials and wasn't applied towards our balance. I explained to him that wasn't what our sales rep advised us or Vanessa. He informed me that Vanessa should've known this and that I still had 1 more month to make a $63 payment, and if I didn't pay it he would send me to the collection agency. I advised him that I disagreed and to cancel my account after January and remove my credit card information, which Vanessa stated that she removed on 1/26. On 1/28/21, I was scheduled to have my rent house treated. Instead, I received ab email stating that my Terminix account was canceled. I called in and got Vanessa who informed me that my account shouldn’t have been billed again for the $63.25, and that if I was charged for January, I should’ve received my treatment on 1/28/2021. My point, exactly. Not only was I charged for January, but I also didn’t receive service, and my credit card was charged $63.25 by the jerk, Chris. He was rude and sounded like an abusive person and a racist. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and disputed the charges with my credit card company. My advice to you, if you do business with this entity tape all conversations and watch your credit card. They illegally charged my card for what would’ve been a February payment, per Chris, on 1/28/21. Even though my service was canceled in January. And, they still wanted to charge me $29 per month for a warranty that I already paid $1052 for service for.

Feb. 10th, 2021

Dee Johnson Virginia Beach, VA

I was hesitant to call Terminix because of the mixed reviews. I called anyway and I have not regretted the decision, even though someone had suggested that I use Orkin instead. I want to thank Howard A and Christopher M for being a great asset to the company due to your professionalism, congeniality, diligence and being knowledgeable when explaining the situation. Even the scheduler, Lakisha was very helpful to work with me regarding the timeframe for the services. Now, I saw a water bug afterwards; however, he didn't make it far. That sucka was stretched out. RIP! LOL! I cremated him with the vacuum cleaner! The chemicals work! Yay! Thank you.

Reply from Terminix

Dee, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Jan. 29th, 2020

Amanda Hale ,

Negative 5 stars... I cannot say if their treatment plans work because I cancelled mine before they came back to start the treatment. The cost was higher than our bank allows per day. So we called the bank and requested that they increase the daily limit. They said no because haven't had the account long enough (4 months ish).. so we decided we would transfer the money half and half over two days to a PayPal card. However, the terminix rep told us they don't accept paypal cards (they must be the only place on the planet that don't) so this morning I called the local office to see what other options we may have. After I explained to the lady, and I say that loosely, what happened with the bank she replied "well maybe you should try putting some money into your account" offended by her assumption that I was trying to use money I don't have and her obvious lack of listening skills, I said there IS money in the account and she snapped then why won't it go through.? So again I explained the daily limit issue. Then she says we'll can't you just get a credit card? I said no that's not an option. And she snapped "then I don't know what to tell you. " Then she proceeded to tell me how her bank operates with her account and said "so I know they can increase that limit.. " i finally asked to speak to a manager and she says "there are no managers here. And they will tell you the same thing!" I said that's not what I want to talk to a manager about. It's about how rude youre being.. and she says "why because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear?" At this point I was pretty upset with terminix so I told her to keep her treatment plan and I'll call orkin... This was the single rudest person I've ever encountered in a business... And I'd learn to live with the pests before id hire this company!!!!!

Jan. 8th, 2021

Philippe P East Durham, NY

I have been a Terminix customer for years. In April 2020 I bought a pest exclusion for my house for around $1,000 and as of December 21, I still have pest in the house waking me up at night and running in the ceiling. I have a one-way trap installed 2 months ago that Terminix never came to remove (Needless to say that it didn't help) and never followed up on. I have been calling several times a week for the past month to get: 1. reimbursement since they cannot get the pest problem resolved for the past 9 months after coming at least 5 times to my house. 2. I have asked this issue to be escalated several times and nobody has called me back although I get promises that someone will within a day 3. someone to come remove this one-way door. Also the work has been poorly done from the beginning with Terminix employees leaving tools under my deck and spraying foams and letting it overflow all over the walls. Overall inadmissible

Dec. 28th, 2020

jen poulin Merrimack, NH

DO NOT TRUST!!! I paid them for a termite service as that is what they told me my problem was. The tech that came out told me he 'didn't even think I had termites', but did the traps anyway. I continued to have wood damage from ANTS. They charged me in advance for the renewal (which I didn't agree to). I had to cancel my credit card so that they would stop trying to charge me additional fees. I have been trying to cancel and get my money back from the renewal charge for 18months! They even came and got the traps when my year was up. They tell me every time that they will have someone from the 'local office' get back to me. I have not had one return call.. EVER!

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

Terminix had my contract for termite inspection at my former house. The technicians were always very professional and polite when they visited. They have a good, user friendly website that tells you what you need to know.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for the review, Wayne! We at Terminix pride ourselves on having a friendly, accommodating, and professional team, and we are so happy they were able to assist you!

Sep. 12th, 2020

Erica Melrose, FL

We have had a pest company coming for several months. Never saw any dead pests and population of pests kept increasing. We cancelled service and hired termi ex to come out. After the service was complete we left for the night. Came back the next evening and there were dead pests everywhere. We are very grateful for the quick precise elimination of them. We will keep terminex recurring services indefinately.

Mr & Mrs AJ Gulfport, MS

Have used Terminix for over 18 years, since within 11 & 15 months of Redd & J&J treating our homes, Termites were back. It is easy to get frustrated having to deal with some person sitting somewhere who you can tell over the phone could careless 99% of the time they answer, but the Technicians and their Local staff you can tell make a great effort! Gulfport, MS Tech Ashley and Baton Rouge Freddy! Terminix is not always right, but which ones of us are - at least they care and try make it right.

LORA

Terminix is the best pest control out there. I had tons of spiders in my home and out , it was so bad that we could no longer sit on our porch. I can not believe that with the first service there was such a difference. No more issues they will service me four times a year witch is outstanding for the price. BEST COMPANY BEST PRICE. THANK YOU TERMINIX

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I signed up with Terminix when I discovered a bug infestation in our home. A technician came out within 24 hours and identified the bugs and the treatment needed. As these bugs were tough critters, we had technicians come out between our regularly scheduled applications to retreat problem areas, at no additional cost. Within months, the bugs were gone and we have not had any problems since! Terminix is great about notifying me about upcoming treatments and giving me a window of time when they will be at my house, then, on the day of treatment, letting me know when they are on their way. Their autopay billing is easy. When I have called into their customer service center, the agents have been professional and easy to work with. They are mindful of my pets. They are thorough. I have been very happy with my service with Terminix but most importantly, the results that I got in taking care of my bug problem!

AP Festus, MO

Horrible. My first service was scheduled 9/11 from 10am-12pm. 12pm comes and goes and I had to reach out to customer service about 7 times. Technician finally shows up around 4pm after my entire day I took off work was wasted. I was scheduled a follow up service 10/1 with the same tech from 3pm-5pm. He never showed. Never called, nothing. I contact customer service again requesting a different technician all together who contacts the local manager and says they have scheduled me with someone else for 10/3, only for me to find out they lied and scheduled the same guy. After being more than patient I got fed up and cancelled. Their policy is to issue a refund after 30 days if you are not satisfied but the “manager” refuses to refund me. I’ll be exploring my legal options and making sure everyone knows never to hire this company.

Nadine Brooklyn, NY

Good: they were quick to set me up with a technician (and take my money) Bad: Everything else Worst customer service, long with times, no call back. After first visit and another repeat visit, was told same as other reviewers that i have to be patient i should expect to see more dead bugs than alive, use over the counter products, etc... When I found out they had 30 day money back guarantee I canceled the service but they never gave me my money back!!! I've been using my own products, I have Raid bottles all over my house and periodically apply ORTHO products with equal results. Services way overrated!!!

Sep. 25th, 2020

Anthony ,

If it were possible to award negative stars, I would do it in a heartbeat. Also, -5 stars would not be enough to adequately document their poor customer service. Under no circumstances should you use this service. I have been lied to and jerked around by this company for a considerable amount of time. Every time I call, I get a different answer. I am in the middle of selling my home. My realtor called Terminix and found out the termite bond I had with them is not transferable. This was a shock to me. I called them and they told me that they do transfer the termite bonds. While in the process of getting this straightened out, they will not call me back. Over and over they fail to perform any sort of customer service. On another note, I also had the Sentricon system for the house. They jacked up the price considerably year after year stating some unknown study that the termite activity was increasing. I now see it for what it is. It is a money grabbing operation. They inflate their prices to get more money out of you. They also will not transfer the termite bond which causes the new house owners to spend more money to get the same bond. On top of all that, when you call their customer service, they transfer you directly to a voicemail system asking you to leave a message and they will call you back in 24 hours. Guess what, they do not. Save yourself the heartache. Utilize a reputable local company or a better national brand. If that is not possible, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get pest control solutions there and do it yourself. It would be much better in the long run.

Sep. 12th, 2020

Undrae & Lauren Fairley Pflugerville, TX

I am thoroughly disappointed with the service provided by this company. We are 11 months into living in our newly-purchased home and we noticed we had an ant problem inside the house and mice in the attic. After doing some research, we decided to go with Terminix. I spoke with a rep on the phone and decided to go with the pest control plan with the rodent add-on, with the service being scheduled for the next day between 3pm and 5pm. The next day we had gotten to 6pm and still hadn't heard a word from the gentleman who was performing the service. I called Terminix and got nothing but automated messages. Finally just after 6, the pest control guy called, saying he would be here in 15 minutes-late without a courtesy call, but no big deal. When he shows up, he asks what he could do for us, I told him the services we requested. He then told me that he didn't do the rodent extermination, and that someone else would be calling me about that. Ok, so the rep never told me there would be two people coming. We continue to move forward with the service, a bit irritated at the lack of communication. Once he finishes with outside area, he comes back to the door and asks where I want him to spray in the house. Maybe this is a wiff on my part, but if you're exterminating pests, shouldn't the ENTIRE house be sprayed? I told him the key areas where we noticed the pests and he ONLY sprays in those areas. When he finished, he gave me his number and told me if I need him to come back just call him directly. The next morning, my wife notices that we have ants now invading our bedroom. I called the pest control guy directly and left a voice mail, then I called Terminix and got the same automated messages. I left voice mail here, expecting a return call within 24 hours, according to the automated message. This is now DAY 4. I haven't heard from the pest control guy, and I haven't heard from Terminix returning my message OR about the rodent issue that they charged me for. I am beyond upset with the poor level of service, but more so that they've charged me for a service they didn't complete and don't even have a live person I can speak to about it. At this point, I will write a review on every website I can find until they return my call and refund my money! I will not be doing business with them again.

Aug. 26th, 2020

Roberta Bowers Fort Wayne, IN

I have had Terminix coming out for over a year because my neighbors fumigated for roaches and the roaches ran to my home. they have been treating once every 3 months and the roaches are worse now then when they started. I have told the guy that my son has sever asthma and that he also has a sever allergy to roaches and he said that this would not take but a couple of treatments because they were not bad. The guy said he would come back and retreat every two weeks until they were gone and he has not been back out in almost 2 months. Very disappointed with the service that I have received and will be going with another company.

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Jeff culver Placerville, CA

We were so happy with Dominic! He came out twice to get rid of the mosquitoes before our outdoor wedding. We were pleased on our wedding day to have no mosquitoes bothering our guests! We highly recommend Dominic and Terminix to make your summer mosquito free. The cost is nominal too!

Bryan David Ross, Sr. Portsmouth, VA

I have used Terminix services for both termite and rodent control for about a decade now. They are always on time and always answer my questions and concerns as I live behind wetlands. Mr. John W is the technical representative for the Portsmouth, VA. Terminix and always does a great job.!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I paid a year in advance to get the discount on my quarterly service with Terminix. I got the basic pest treatment which covers most the inside and outside of the house. There's been a few times that I've needed to call them so they would come out and take care of a few spiders and a bees nest. Scheduling with Terminix is easy & convenient.

Alex Rogerson Saratoga Springs, UT

We used to use Alterra, but they were bought out by Terminix in 2015. We did not love Alterra because of how difficult it was to get a technician to come spray when we found bugs inside. Terminix not only kept our pricing as we had with Alterra, but they are much quicker to respond and take care of our needs. Only reason for a 4 star instead of 5 is because it still does a phone call to get someone to spray between quarterly sprays. Would be nice if we could schedule it online or through an app.

Ray Reyes Fuquay-Varina, NC

I have been with Terminix for more than 13 years and they conduct a great service thru my house. No termite, spider, bugs the scrawl space is 100% off of humidity they keep my house safe and I keep the home value up to standard.

Aug. 10th, 2020

Regennia Shephard Fairburn, GA

Horrible customer service. They put you on hold for 30 to 45 minutes. I used their service a couple of years ago and they were great. I recently restarted using them again and made the worst mistake ever. They were supposed to remove a wasp nests on my roof and had to schedule 5 times and they keep sending Technicians out with no ladder to get the nest. I told them to cancel my contract immediately. How can you not make notes on a service call to inform the Technician of what they need and what they need to do on the appointment. They have wasted so much of my time. I also went online to view my account and I can’t even access. HORRIBLE. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.

Aug. 7th, 2020

Steve Elkins, NH

Thw worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I notice a carpenter ant problem on a Friday while doing some home construction and immediately started calling pest control services in the area. It seemed that everyone that I called connected me with Terminix. I've used Terminix in the past so I know how poor there service is, but it seemed like I didn't have a choice. The earliest appointment available was on Monday, which I scheduled. (even though most websites advertised 24 hour service) I wasn't happy that i had to stop working on my project, but I felt that it was important have the problem resolved before proceeding. On Monday morning I received a call that they couldn't make the scheduled appointment, and they might be able to fit me in within the next few days. I went back online to search for other pest control services. I tried Home Advisor and was able to find a company that was very responsive. I called and someone was at my house within two hours. He explained what he would be doing, where the problems could be coming from,and exterminted the ants with extreme prejudice. The price was literally half that of Terminix and the warranty was far longer than the 30 days Terminix offered. If you're in Vermont, and have carpenter ants, try Mangan PI. I don't work for them and have nothing to gain by referring them. Read the reviews on Terminix and know there are other companies out there that don't charge the exorbitant prices and will provide far better customer service.

Francisco Valera Los Angeles, CA

Company representative by the name of German, came out to inspect home and failed to follow any safety procedures. Walk throughout my property and the inside of my home without wearing a mask . Was not clear about service and pricing ,but was quick to collect my credit card and set up an account without my knowledge. I have 3 children at home one sufers from asthma. This comopany was brought in to keep our home pest ,vermin ,and disease free . Really disappointed with Terminix for not implementing most current safety and basic guidelines. My home was the last appointment of the day. Makes me cringe when I think of how nany other properties he visited. I have surveillance footage of this man wiping his nose without gloves and continue inspection. I have contacted Terminix and canceled my unconsented agreement and explained the issue . They fixed all my issues with an apology bs.

Rebecca G Schulz Bolivar, MO

Worst customer service experience ever. I called the call center in April and scheduled for someone to come out and spray for wasps. First they sent someone to Chicago, Illinois instead of Chicago Ave in Missouri. When someone finally made it out to our house, they had my husband sign a contract and told him it was a year long contract with someone coming to spray quarterly. In May the wasps are back so I call to have someone come spray again and the call center worker tells me there is a hold on the account because we owe $249. I told her I had already paid that amount in April. She says she will look into it and call me back. There was no call back. I called again and this time the call center worker says there's no hold on my account and schedules an appointment for June 17th. On the 17th no one shows up. I call again and I'm told no appointment was made and I only have a 1 time spray with 30 day guarantee on my account. They transfer me to sales and that worker says she will call me back the next day with her manager. No call back. I call again and I'm told they don't have access to my contract and I can try calling someone from the local branch, but they can't give me the phone number. Luckily I was able to find the number for the inspector who came out after our house was sprayed. He says he'll call his manager and look into it. When he calls back he says the contract was for a one time spray and he can see if we can get it converted to a one year contract, but I'll still be out $249. We still have wasps and I can't even schedule another appointment until I hear back about if they can convert the contact.

Jun. 20th, 2020

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Terminix is a great pest control option. With awesome pricing and fast service, their employees are punctual, polite, and professional. They always get rid of unwanted insect pests.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you, Anita! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

Mar. 13th, 2020

Marty O Wichita, KS

In August 2019 we had Terminix Pest Control provide our home with a professional estimate for bug infestation of bed bugs. Terminix staff professionally and courteously provided us a prompt estimate. After x3 applications and treatments for bed bugs we believed we had the pest problem under control. We followed all preparation guidelines required by the company before treatment. Including but not limited to: Washing & or heat drying all cloth material clothing in closets, dresser drawers, cabinets and cloth curtains hanging on walls. Washed / heat dried & doubled bagged in plastic containers and plastic bags. We even removed bug infested furniture pieces in living room x4. Over $2.200 spent on services dollars 11 1/2 months later and Terminix wants to charge us for a new application. While this house is under a 12 moth warranty for protection from bed bugs. We are greatly dissatisfied with service. Marty O. Wichita, Kansas

Anne Virginia Beach, VA

Daniel was prompt and very knowledgeable. Asked me questions about any possible insect problems. Knew exactly any insects I had questions about. Very friendly and professional.

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

Terminix is super affordable and they get the job done. They are super fast at what they do and make it easy to communicate with them. I will definitely be using them in the future.

Karen Seibert-Combs Markle, IN

I asked them to come out 6 times to fix my roach issues, they sprayed every crevis, & outside around my entire house. maybe its not due to their lack to resolve the issue, my neighbors have the same problem.

Great job, as promised! Novato, CA

Despite 40 years of Terminix high-end service, small bugs weren't exterminated. The bugs ate holes in $100K of art and rare musical instruments. When I called the service manager to report the disaster, he had a lackadaisical and refused to cover the loss with insurance. Plus, their mosquito eradication is worthless.

Ruth Puyallup, WA

I’ve been using Terminix for 10 yrs now. Originally had a home owner next to us that had squatters that taken over the home and they had tons of trash in yard and home causing problem with rodents. They were great. But I have had different technicians the last 5 years that aren’t as diligent as the first one I had. To verify the tech is actually spraying completely you really need to be outside with him. Something you can’t do most times. We are thinking of finding a new service.

Reply from Terminix

Many thanks for the feedback, Ruth! Would you please send us and email with your complete service address and contact information to [email protected] . I will happily escalate your concerns to management in order to improve your experience.- Anchee

Aug. 18th, 2020

pepsi173 Monroeville, PA

I have used Terminix a lot of the time as they have caring operators and have treated my house for termites ants and spiders since I live near a creek it is always hard to get rid of the bugs

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, Pepsi173! Our customers and their satisfaction are Terminix’s top priorities, and we appreciate that you have found it to be beneficial. Give us a call at 1-800-TERMINIX if you need anything

Jul. 16th, 2020

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

They were able to get me scheduled within a week and they had people come out twice within a week period. The first time was for termites and that went great. And then the second service was straightforward and simple. A guy came and asked me what my issues were. I told him that the spiders were an issue and he sprayed. He knew what he needed to do and I just left him to it. When he was finished, I signed the paperwork. He was gone within an hour. Since the service, I have had no problems with pest activity.

Reply from Terminix

Hello Wendy, thank you for taking the time to rate your positive experience with us. We take great pride in providing our customers with a defense against pests.

Jan. 21st, 2020

AK Riverton, UT

We've been using Terminix for over 9 years and have been pleased overall. I like that they will come back to the house in between scheduled appointments if you have any issues at all. Setting up the appointments is easy too. The technicians have been pretty friendly and helpful to problem-solve issues. The only complaint I have is that every once and awhile we'll get notice that they're increasing our rate, usually a postcard in the mail. Even though it's not very much of a price increase each time, it's still frustrating.

Reply from Terminix

We're proud to serve customers like you! Thanks for leaving us a rating.

Dec. 17th, 2019

Had a bit of an ant infestation. Called termini and they were here next day. They were able to use product that is child friendly and pet friendly and I felt so confident. We get our area sprayed once every summer and once every fall. reasonably prices friendly people and the ants seem to stay out of the house win win.

Phyllis Hecht Lincoln, CA

I have Terminix as my pest control and they are very reliable. They even have done free checks for pests in the attic, etc. I had a problem with insects that were in a drawer and they found the source. They were in my oatmeal. They took care of the problem.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Terminix has responsible people who take their job seriously and know what to do with the information available. I have had them spray and have not had a problem with bugs or pests. They are professional and very knowledgable.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We use Terminix for our normal pest control and have been very happy. What we didn't realize until recently is that they also provide Attic insulation service. Our home is now running with better efficiency and we are free from little critters!

Erin Lindon, UT

We had a lot of spiders and mice before using Terminex. The techs are friendly and thorough. They always call in advance to let us know when they’re coming and inform us when the job is complete. We no longer have spiders and mice in our garage. I’d highly recommend this company.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

We have previously used Terminix for our residential pest control. while the service was what we expected it was a bit challenging for them to have a technician available to service our home sometimes. Both times I used them it was more than 2 weeks before they could schedule someone to come out. other than that, service was adequate and what I expected.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

while this is a well know company and im sure it is great on many different levels, we were using them for pest control for about 9 months. their prices we’re a bit more expensive than other places, but they insured me that there were services their company took care of that others did not. I stayed with them for a little while but when there was a price increase I stopped using their service.

Jeff B Orem, UT

I used Terminix for quite some time for basic pest control. During that time they always did the job but at the same time I was never blown away. I think that the pest control industry comes down to customer service since the products are very similar across the board. Terminix always had great customer service and that is where my rating comes from.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

terminix has been great! their customer service was super awesome and easy to work with, and the process itself didn't take long at all which was convenient for me and my busy schedule! i highly recommend them and will be using them in the future.

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

We had an infestation when i first bought our house. Of course nobody caught it during the inspection but we called terminix and someone came out right away gave us a good price and took care of the situation they come out ever so often for follow ups and we have no problems at this time.

wanda Saint George, UT

they come out on the scheduled month around the same time in the morning. they don't bother us, they come and do there job and leave. never had a problem with them. it was the cheapest i could fine around too. i am happy with our service.