Terminix

6.2

LAST UPDATED: September 28th, 2022

Terminix began in 1927, and with more than 90 years of experience in termite treatment and pest management, it has become a nation-leading termite and pest control service provider.

Terminix employs Ph.D.-level entomologists and certified members of the Entomological Society of America. Terminix has a team of more than 8,000 trained pest control technicians and helps over 2 million customers get rid of unwanted pests. The company is a household name in the pest control industry and currently operates in 45 states within the United States.

The Good

• Quarterly Pest Control Services
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Wildlife and Rodent Control
  • Additional Services
  • Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Quarterly Pest Control Services

Pests are active year-round. While some may only appear in the spring and summer, others will find shelter in your home during the fall and winter. With year-round pests, you'll need year-round protection.

Terminix's Pest Control plan offers flexible treatment plans that take into consideration pest activity, location, and the season. Homeowners can expect a technician to treat the outside of their home every season - a total of four treatments a year (including the initial service).

As a part of its 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*, Terminix states that if the pests come back, it will too.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Terminix attempts to respond to its customers within two hours of the initial contact every day of the year, 24 hours a day. To accomplish this goal, the pest control company deploys the closest available exterminator to the location. With more than 300 locations across the United States, Terminix is equipped to respond quickly to any ant, tick, or termite problem within its expansive service area.

Many Terminix plans, such as the Residential Termite, Pest, and Mosquito plans, are protected with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Under this guarantee, Terminix will do whatever it takes, including coming back between treatments at no cost, until the pest problem is gone. If the bug problem persists, or the customer is not completely satisfied within 30 days of an inspection or treatment, Terminix has a money-back guarantee and will refund the treatment charges and cancel the current service plan.

To see how this guarantee compare's to Orkin, visit our compare page.

Wildlife and Rodent Control

Alongside providing pest control services for common pests, Terminix offers homeowners and commercial properties a wildlife control plan. This includes effective, humane traps for raccoons, possums, squirrels, and other nuisance animals that can cause hundreds — possibly even thousands — of dollars in damage. Wildlife can chew through wires, eat drywall, tear insulation, leave droppings behind, and destroy personal property and belongings.

A Wildlife Control plan with Terminix includes a free inspection — where a technician will identify any entry points the wildlife are using to get in — a guarantee to come back and eliminate, and remove trapped pests, repairs to any new damage, and the company will seal any new entry points the wildlife creates**.

Additional Services

Terminix covers more than just insect and pest infestation problems; it also provides crawl space services and attic insulation services. Terminix not only treats for pests but works hard to identify and correct conditions that encourage their presence. Many homeowners aren't aware that moisture in their crawl space attracts several pests — many of which who can cause thousands in property damage.

Terminix uses advanced solutions to help protect homes against water damage, fungi, mildew, and minimize the conditions that attract pests. The company also offers an Attic Insulation service. Terminix's attic insulation is made from 85 percent recycled materials, is ENERGY STAR certified, is flame retardant, and able to reduce noise. As insulation degrades, it increases the wear and tear on the air conditioner and heater. Terminix's attic insulation can help homeowners regulate the temperatures in their homes, therefore, lowering heating and cooling costs.

Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Terminix has been in business for over 90 years and has locations in 45 states. The company has a network of over 300 local branches that can provide residential and commercial pest control. Each branch employs trained pest control technicians who specialize in local pest and termite control.

Terminix can even assist the homeowner establish a termite bond prior to the sale of the house. Terminix's termite bond states that a home has been inspected for termite damage, and details the severity of any termite infestation found and its respective treatment recommendation. The pest control company also works with home insurance companies to establish a termite contract, which consists of both an initial and annual termite inspection. In the event of a termite pest issue, Terminix will provide its termite control services at no cost to the homeowner.

Each Terminix technician knows that common household pests and rodents in any building can spread disease and seriously damage the quality and reputation of the company's product or service. That's why Teminix's Commercial Pest Control plan includes custom solutions for businesses. Whether it's retail services, healthcare facilities, food processing, Terminix helps businesses protect their reputation and stops pests from disrupting day-to-day operations.

Additionally, Terminix offers customized services for national companies. Its National Accounts team specializes is offering customized pest control services to businesses with multiple locations throughout the United States.

The Bad

• Pest Control Plan Exclusions
  • Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

Pest Control Plan Exclusions

Before signing a contract with Terminix for a pest control plan, be sure to read the fine print and make sure the treatment plan provides the right coverage. For example, Terminix’s Guaranteed Pest Control Plan covers treatment for cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants, clothes moths, non-poisonous spiders, scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps.

It does not include coverage for carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, tawny crazy ants, termites, wood-boring beetles, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.

Homeowners who want coverage for these pests will need to purchase an additional pest control plan for an additional charge.

Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

While Terminix offers coverage in most of the United States, there are five states that Terminix does not service: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Vermont.

The Bottom Line

Terminix is one of the most well-known brands in the termite treatment and pest control industry and has more than 90 years of experience. The company offers free inspections for services that require an inspection before purchase, a variety of plans, a money-back guarantee, and 100 percent satisfaction on many services.

However, be sure to read the fine print on the contract before signing. The Standard Pest Control plan doesn't cover all pests and to receive coverage for certain pests (mosquito service, termite activity, bed bug issues, etc.), you'll have to pay a separate fee for an additional plan.

Terminix does stand out with its superior customer service. The pest control operators strive to respond to customers and deploy a local technician to any location as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. The Terminix C.O.D.E provides customers with 24/7 customer service, on-demand solutions, 100 percent satisfaction, and effective pest control strategies.

Overall, we recommend working with Terminix for your professional pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

*If within 30 days after an inspection or treatment you aren't totally satisfied, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges, reimburse any prepaid services, and cancel your plan. Subject to additional limitations and restrictions. See Terminix Pest Control Plan for details.

**Covered pests include rats, mice, bats, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, groundhogs, armadillos, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and snakes. Limitations apply. See Terminix Rodent and Wildlife Exclusion Service Plan for details. Consult your plan for specific terms and limitations that may apply. Not available in all areas.

2.9

Kathleen long Winter Springs, FL

I started working with Terminix about a year ago. I was having a problem with palmetto bugs in my master bathroom. Since I fear those things worse than most crawly things. I called Terminix. My tech is a great guy. He is on time polite and texts me a few days before he’s due to be there. He sprays the outside of my house every three months. I’m happy to say my house is bug free and I don’t have the creepy crawlers any more. I have recommended Terminix to my sister and a few of my friends. I have had a great experience with this company. Since I have an older homes and live near the water and a bunch of trees I had a problem with bats. They also took care of that problem. Polite, on time and helpful. I love the politeness of my tech and the kindness.

7 hours ago

Joseph Germello Philadelphia, PA

Terminex always shows up on time. They are always quick and delivers top notch pest control from roaches to bed bugs and more. Easy instructions to prepare ahead of time is key to success for all customers. I live an apartment building with about 40 more neighboring units. Terminex service is used here at least twice a year for preventative measures and maintenance. I appreciate the service and comfort of a pest free home. I know I can't control others with their pest, but I can control mine. Customers may need to evacuate the property for a couple hours or so. It's a nonissue. The Terminex employee is respectful too. Highly recommend. Outstanding solutions and services. A++

16 hours ago

CEDRIC BEAVERS St Louis, MO

I only liked the fact that they came out the same day when I needed them. They did a thorough inspection. The quality of work was very good. Their price is reasonable and they guarantee their work. I was told if there are any termites, no extra cost to me.

18 hours ago

Mike S. Orlando, FL

Horrible Experience and I refuse to recommend them to any family members and clients. As a realtor I send out referrals for services to be a resource to help make sure the homeowner is comfortable. This company is scratched from off my list. I used their service personally for my mother and lets just say I wasted $1,500.00 and time. This company lacks morals, logic and accountability. Long story short, I should've paid myself to complete the service because thats what I ended up doing. I purchased my own products and completed a task they weren't willing to complete after making serval complaints. The managers are also liars. They'll say anything to protect themselves over doing the right thing, PLEASE Do not use them at all, it'll save you the headache. I used the Lakeland, FL Branch.

19 hours ago

Candace Wright Raleigh, NC

I love Terminex and my favorite employee there who is my favorite pest control guy, Wade! He is so amazing and has the best personality, loyal, compassionate, sweet, caring, a real go-getter, very thorough, and detailed oriented! He is sooo wonderful and we see less and less bugs in our house after he leaves! Thank you for everything, Wade!!!! You’re the very best!!!

Reply from Terminix

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us, Candace Wright! Thank you for being a valued Terminix customer!

Aug. 18th, 2022

CSue Fargo, ND

Terminix is GREAT!! I've been in situations twice now where we used them. The price was awesome, the tech, awesome and they did what they promised, got rid of the bugs!!

14 hours ago

Shelton Germaine Rogers, AR

I had an infestation in my house due to the previous renters, I contacted this company to do the pest cleaned up. They went into detail describing what needed to be done and gave me a general price, but they couldn’t provide a complete price quote without seeing the infestation. I did not select them to proceed, as I found another company, I choose to do business with.

1 day ago

Antonio Gutierrez San Antonio, TX

Terminix, very professional and well manner techs, they listen to any issue and concerns you have, makes the job easier for tech and myself, if you want to live bug free, they will take care of it, strongly recommend Terminix they have plans that are affordable

Reply from Terminix

Antonio Gutierrez, we are so pleased you enjoyed your Terminix experience!

Sep. 10th, 2022

Ray Calamia West Chicago, IL

I have been paying for almost a year for a service that has not been completed with minimal phone calls and conversations with anyone in management. I have called and emailed multiple people about the situation and it still has not been resolved. They came out and sold me on an exterior protection package sealing off the house from wildlife and blown in insulation and the only thing that’s been done is the insulation and the flashing for the siding. The last time I talked to someone who said they were a manager was over a month ago. Now we have something In the attic and bees in the exterior walls. Still have not heard anything from anyone.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Ray Calamia. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address or customer number, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Sep. 16th, 2022

Roy Johnson Louisville, KY

6/14/22 Terminix Salesman Brandon S convinced me that his company would be able to extract the bats in the walls of the upper unit on my two story rental property on 3rd street. He stated that they would have to get a lift to reach the hole in the soffit and to place a screen in the gables. I was quoted $951 plus $100 for a one year warranty and that I would be scheduled for the following week! 6/21/22 a service tech was on site with a (23 foot) ladder an sealed the lower level of the building and stated he would return with a lift. Keep in mind my complain was with bats on the upper level. The issues I have are as follows. 1. My problem with the bats was never addressed. 2. Have yet to speak with anyone from the Louisville Office. 3. Customer Care Representatives pass me around like a hot potato. 4. Was advised that a refund was due because of time lapse a incomplete service 5. Customer Care Representatives are a to reach Louisville Office, but my calls go to National. 6. This company is ether dishonest or unable to do the job and unwilling to refund my money.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Roy Johnson. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address or customer number, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Sep. 10th, 2022

Sara Gillatly Victoria, BC

I totally agree with the below reviews saying there should be a zero star option. So quick to arrive and take our money and then had to call or email to have anyone come back again, even though we had continued service! Their traps killed 3 field mice total in 6 months, their sticky traps for spiders killed more by far, which their worker had just offered us as an extra because he had them on hand. I bought old school snap traps from the dollar store and have easily killed over 30 for under $10. Clearly I wasted my money with this company, as I’ve done a better job myself. I tried to contact them, as we hadn’t seen anyone since April/May and they told me my contract ran out in July so they had no interest in helping me. Well what about May and June min? My poison traps were empty for months, I had no contact with anyone from the company during this time, and you would think you would have a final visit regardless. Customer service was absolutely horrendous when I tried to express my frustration. Including saying that their service was ‘just to maintain the population and not eradicate the problem’ umm aren’t you an extermination company?! Customer service had ZERO interest in helping me. I would NEVER suggest to use this company and in fact will happily tell everyone to actively avoid it.

Bianca Costantino Nashville, TN

I haven't even had my first actual service yet and I am not pleased. I have two dogs in my home and (obviously) they cannot be home during the initial treatment. I had to contact my kennel to get them in, in July (prime vacation time). It took two weeks for her to fit us in. No big deal for me. I contacted Terminix to reschedule our initial treatment and it was apparently a huge ordeal. They had to transfer me to a different department that informed me "instead of dropping your service we have you rescheduled for X date." As a paying customer I should be able to schedule MY service at MY convenience as long as it is in line with their operating business hours.

Reply from Terminix

Bianca Costantino, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Aug. 1st, 2022

Tara Gillispie Hurricane, WV

Terminix is by far a very popular business from where I am from. I remember one of the very popular retail chains where I was a pharmacy technician, they used the company Terminix. I know that they came every single month, like clock work to spray the building and the pharmacy. We never had any issues while I worked there. I ended up using the company for personal use in one of my rental properties and they were very quick, fast, and friendly service. They were also able to rid of the issue we were having.

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for sharing your Terminix experience!  Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need additional assistance.

Jul. 8th, 2022

You LA

Like the bugs were never here and they are always punctual and polite . Interaction with these guys is seamless good folks and great customer service.

Reply from Terminix

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us, You!

Sep. 2nd, 2022

Christina Holmes Kalamazoo, MI

The house I bought had a previous termite problem. Terminix was fantastic in handling my annual needs for inspection and went above and beyond when I needed documentation in order to sell my home.

Reply from Terminix

Christina Holmes, we are so pleased you enjoyed your Terminix experience!

Aug. 17th, 2022

Frank Elliott Elgin, IL

Always had a pleasant experience. The service technicians were knowledgeable and worked quickly but did not cut corners.

Reply from Terminix

Frank Elliott, we are so pleased you enjoyed your Terminix experience!

Sep. 2nd, 2022

Iulian Lacusta Fort Myers, FL

Worst company EVER, they will take your money and when is a problem on they're end or a mistake on they're part they will tell you the generic script " sorry for any inconvenience but we will get back with you in 3-5 business day " , but by then is to late. There is no communication between the call center notes , branch manager/supervisor notes .They will tell you 1 thing and the next day is something else. Lost money and days off with this company whit no fault on my end but I'm paying the price. I guess branch supervisor/manager is too busy to fix the mistake or answer when your on employees call you to fix the issues right there. I doubt that I will get any answer back .

Cynthia Tinsley Upland, CA

The company does good follow up. They are responsive when you call them for any issues with insects. My only frustration with them is the billing system. Their website for billing is very poorly done. You sign a contract for monthly services that occur every two weeks. They bill you every two weeks. They will not bill you monthly. We have two properties and I cannot figure out which one they are billing for which services they are do. They cancel one property more than once without notice. I have consider for the past 20 years of cancelling because I am so tried of having to monthly figure out what the bills is

Teresa Reid Newton, NC

The people that come out to spray are knowledgeable. If you are having problems with pests, they bait and treat the area of concern. They are friendly. I live in an apartment complex so they come and spray every month or when there are problems.

Jun. 14th, 2022

Denise Schopper Cuyahoga Falls, OH

We moved into a Beautiful Condo that was on a slab. We had No idea, that lurking beneath the flooring were tiny lil ants. We tried a cheaper company, but the saying, "you get what you pay for " applied here!-:( I called TERMINIX, and I got Carlos T, who not only investigated the Type of ant, "fire", but, knew Exactly what was the Best coarse of Treatment to Rid us of them!! Friendly, Knowledgeable People Ready to Help Make your Home Safe from All Unnecessary Stress and Upset!!-:) I am So Very Happy I Contacted this Company!!-:) Thank you 🥰😇

Reply from Terminix

Thank you for the review, Denise! We at Terminix pride ourselves on having a friendly, accommodating, and professional team, and we are so happy they were able to assist you!

Feb. 5th, 2022

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

Before moving into our present home, I lived in a least house. I noticed that there was some activity that I assumed were ants in certain areas of the house. I had notified the owner several times about my concerns. I had talked with a coworker about my concerns and they suggested that I call Terminix. Once the Terminix service representative came out, I was informed that my "ants" were actually "termites"! After a thorough examination of the "termite" situation, I received the good news that my situation wasn't as urgent as first thought. Terminix started the process of isolating the termites, sealing the protective areas of the house, and exterminating the pest. This process could have been much worse, but thanks to the expertise, professionalism, and integrity of the Terminix representative the inconveniences and expense was minimal.

Reply from Terminix

Mario, we are so pleased you enjoyed your Terminix experience!

Apr. 15th, 2022

Christopher M Harper Ashburn, VA

About 2 years ago I was experiencing small ants in the house, and a few other non harmful bugs. I contacted Terminix who provided a comprehensive review of the house and provided a clear path towards addressing these insects. They went into the attic to check to larger rodents (there weren't any), and any signs of rodents. They also looked for termites and found nothing. I set up service with them, had termite baits installed and find Terminix prompt, regular and provide notification of their planned visits and the opportunity to share any concerns that need special attention and I have request that support once. From a service perspective, they are comprehensive. They are a bit pricey, but it's nice to have the peace of mind that comes with this and the total absence of insects in the house throughout the year.

Reply from Terminix

Christopher, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Terminix. , we are so happy to read such a great review about Terminix!

Lynn Lheureux Smithfield, RI

Technician seemed rushed and kept saying “time is a factor”. I wasn’t sure if my prob was bed bugs or fleas and he focused more on the bed bugs. Then he wanted to look for mice in my kitchen which didn’t make sense. I live in a small space with 2 cats. It just seemed that he wanted to upsell and didn’t really care much . He left with no answers. He just didn’t really care about helping me. It was obvious. It was like I was bothering him because I didn’t have a huge infestation of something.

Reply from Terminix

We're disappointed to hear of the negative experience, Lynn Lheureux. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at [email protected] (please include a copy of the review, customer number and phone number) to discuss this further.

Jul. 22nd, 2022

Dephany Parks Birmingham, AL

Awesome service gets the termites gone!! They are very professional people who cares about your issue, and work hard to rid you if the condition..

Reply from Terminix

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us, Dephany Parks!

Aug. 17th, 2022

davidsg99 Phoenix, AZ

I was calling pest control companies to get a quote for their service. I called Terminix and after telling them I was interested in a quote they asked for my address. Then they said they had to switch me to another call center because I live in AZ. I said fine. The person then transferred me to the same original call center. When the person got on the phone I let them know that the transfer did not work and that I was right back where I started from. She said sorry and said she would transfer me to the right place. So, now I was on hold. After about 15 min of hold I was disconnected. If this is the way they handle calls, you would have to be crazy to work with them. So, I called back to let the call center know they failed miserably and that they should let someone know. Also, when you call in you are given options to sign up or if you are a current customer. They forgot to put in a selection for a quote. Whoever runs the call center needs to review how things are handled.

Jun. 29th, 2022

Grant Leavitt Farmington, NH

Horrible customer services, took over 7 weeks of calls to get ahold of the team that had ruined my garage door seals during installation of the exclusion service. Was told at the time of install that the doors would be repaired at a latter date, after 7 weeks of being ghosted I had aske for a refund to cover the cost that I had payed for the length of the doors so that I could purchase door seals and install them myself. No refund provided and even after proving that it was part of the service contract they did nothing but left me hanging. Gaps under garage doors due to the seals being forcibly removed do not make for very good pest control. Negates the $3500 of work. Bottom line, this company is a scam and will take your money without providing services discussed in the proposal contract. DO NOT USE!

EH Louisville, KY

I filled out an online request for an inspection and evaluation in April 2022, after seeing a single mouse in my house. They showed up the next day and hard pressured me into an unneeded, unwanted set of termite bait stations. I paid several thousand upfront and signed up for their 12 month contract, which they implied was required. They promised to rid my home of any rodents, including cutting a hole into my foundation, installing a door, so that they could access my crawlspace and do extensive work in there. Within a few days, someone showed up to install about 12 termite bait stations around the exterior, another employee showed up to haphazardly throw 3 cheap mouse bait stations around the interior of my home (when I already had about 20 of my own around the home), and another employee showed up to stuff a few total feet of exclusion under the siding at various points. 8 weeks later I'd heard nothing more about the extensive work on the foundation and in the crawlspace, so I rid myself of the minimal mouse issue. Now Terminix will NOT cancel my $100/month "contract." I was told by a customer service rep through their online chat that they under no circumstances cancel contracts, despite having a button to request cancelation. They rudely told me "all you people do this...you get our excellent service, we rid your home of problems, so you want to cancel and stop paying us. We don't cancel!" Now I'm getting harassed almost daily by both Terminix and their financing company, SMAC, for payments for service I NEVER received. They supplied maybe $600 worth of products and labor. They've already been paid thousands, and want to keep collecting $100 per month for a year. This company is a SCAM.

Jean Buggs Denver, CO

Just wanted to let people know how much a waste of time it really would be to call terminix or any other company, wasting all that money and time. If you can find a cheaper company great, but just did a little research and for those who are thinking about calling terminix for termites. You can go on Amazon, to Walmart or home Depot and get a spectracide price range 8.47 to 78.00 that'll probably better than any spectracide they have because that's all their going to use anyway, claiming it's their in house "special made" "by them" formula. I promise you try it, before they swindle you into spending sorry wasting tones of thousands dollars possible a millions. Keeping in mind they want auto pay which means having access to your money,with no guarantees. No guarantees, which is what I was told not a business person but wouldn't want someone working for my company throwing that word around. No guarantees on what, the service your providing is going to work, that's going to cost an arm and a leg. Or your not going to withdraw from my card and/or bank account when you feel like. Did I mention they want to charge your card and or bank account, before they send someone out to provide actual service. Which wasn't told to me until after the fast talking, otherwise would have told him I'm OK I'll shop around thanks.

Joseph Sippel Philadelphia, PA

The Terminix representative flatly lied through his teeth. He said that the treatment they were applying to my home, on 05/03/2022, would take 4-6 weeks to eliminate the termites and kill the colony. In the interim, I was assured that my wood would be unaffected. The treatment consisted of three bate stations, one in the front and two in the back of the house. These actually take 3-6 months to fix the problem. These stations should be 8-10 feet around the house; however, because this is a row house, it was not practicable and was not discussed with me. The final deception the associate promised us was that Terminix would pay any future damages caused by termites. I've since sustained damage, and the Terminix manager claims that any damage sustained within a year of the treatment is not covered. The managers name is Dan C, do not trust this company.

Wayside HOA Pensacola, FL

If you are considering Terminix as your pest control company in Pensacola FL, make sure you are on the property when the technician is scheduled to treat your property, so you will know you have been serviced. More importantly, make sure you watch the technician as he/she services your property, so you can be sure you are getting the service you will be billed. As expensive as everything is these days, don’t assume 1) the technician showed up and serviced your property and 2) if they did show up, that they did what you are paying for!! We have had Terminix “service” our property for the last 22 years, assuming we were getting serviced, only to find out that we weren’t. The invoices came just the same! When we questioned the lack of service, they canceled our contract and refused to service our property. Which means we’re getting the same service, we’re just not paying for it.

Brenda Fullerton Calgary, AB

I had Terminix for a year and just finished up my service. I purchased the service to get rid of ants and a year later they are no better. They said if I continued service I would see a difference. However last summer when I purchased the service they said it would greatly cut down my ant problem. I would save your 650 dollars and would not recommend this service.

Dwayne Holland Charlotte, NC

What I like most about this company is they've been around for like a hundred years and they controlled oour f bugs. Actually they got rid of them. I would definitely recommend them

Reply from Terminix

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us, Dwayne Holland!

Jul. 22nd, 2022

William Wallworth Fall River, MA

There services were finominale when I called they were there every time they go above and beyond and friendly staff. I called once for an issue and they were there the same day. Thank you terminix

Jul. 8th, 2022

Ralph Walls Wilmington, DE

Overall good experience. I called Terminix for a problem with Ants. The Exterminator was on time and very professional. My ant problem was quickly resolved. I wish they had an opening a little sooner, was several days to schedule an appointment. Would definitely call again.

Reply from Terminix

We are thrilled you shared this with us, Ralph. Thank you and have a great day!

Jun. 14th, 2022

Judy Fred Wakefield, RI

Our landscaper alerted us to the ugly fact that he found a nest of termites in our sill! What a sinking feeling. Who to trust with your home?? Thank goodness we called Terminix! They showed up on time, confirmed the problem, gave us best and worse case scenarios and a reasonable estimate. The job was quickly and thoroughly completed. Recommended!

Reply from Terminix

Judy, your satisfaction is our top priority.

Steven Whites Salt Lake City, UT

They were professional and came out and sprayed the outside of my house and were able to kill off all of the spiders, ear wigs, and insects that managed to get inside my home. They were mid-level pricing compared to other companies, but their sprays worked well in keeping the bugs out of my house.

Reply from Terminix

Hi Steven , we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

Nilsa Maceda Miami, FL

The worst Company in the market! Please stay away from them!! Their treatments don’t work! Apparently the products they used are of very poor quality and I had to stop the service 👎👎👎 S

Luke Swierczynski San Jose, CA

I recommend Terminix to all of my clients when a pest inspection is needed on a home. They’re extremely quick to get a technician out and in several instances have found, and eradicated pests on my clients behalf allowing them to move forward with their home purchase. Their customer service is top notch and I’ve never had a loan held up waiting on their inspection.

Reply from Terminix

Luke, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

Bob Trammell Bakersfield, CA

We switched to Terminix when they hired our previous bug guy. He was so good my wife wanted to change companies. Of course, he continued to do an excellent job. While our neighbors had problems continuously with ants and mice, we never have. He also does an excellent job controlling the spiders that seem to breed in the Redwood trees behind our house. They don't want him to spray, but he keeps them away from our yard!

Reply from Terminix

Bob, we are so happy to read such a great review about Terminix!

Paula Barber Melbourne, FL

I had a problem with rats in my attic. At the time, I had a different pest control company. They wanted to set traps outdoors & not seal any openings . I called Terminix & they came out several times & set traps. Once there was no more activity, they sealed any entry ways & I have not had a problems since. They are my current past control company & I would refer them to anyone.

Reply from Terminix

Paula , thank you for sharing your positive experience!

michael L Wallace Arlington, TX

I have always been associated with another well known National Pest control company, but when we moved to a new town I decided to try Terminix. The Terminix came out and inspected the entire house and quoted me a price for an extended policy. The employee was very knowledgable, polite, and efficient. I have been using Terminix for going on 1 year and am very happy with their service. The company is very cost efficient for the quality of work that they provide.

Reply from Terminix

Hi Michael, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

Dee Johnson Virginia Beach, VA

I was hesitant to call Terminix because of the mixed reviews. I called anyway and I have not regretted the decision, even though someone had suggested that I use Orkin instead. I want to thank Howard A and Christopher M for being a great asset to the company due to your professionalism, congeniality, diligence and being knowledgeable when explaining the situation. Even the scheduler, Lakisha was very helpful to work with me regarding the timeframe for the services. Now, I saw a water bug afterwards; however, he didn't make it far. That sucka was stretched out. RIP! LOL! I cremated him with the vacuum cleaner! The chemicals work! Yay! Thank you.

Reply from Terminix

Dee, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Jan. 29th, 2020

Mandie Smith Jacksonville, FL

Horrible company. Their guarantee is bs.. they actuality have made the ants worse. Have yet to put down ant poison. And we're asked to do the attic which they never did and now are again avoiding calls. Do not believe the guarantee that they'll come out as much as needed

Felippe Bicudo Pompano Beach, FL

I have the premium package plan with this company (that cost a lot) and they should treat my termite problem (that they should prevent, as contract) on the plan that I paid, but they never treat or contact you back to schedule the treatment! The technician (Ryan) came here for an year inspection and found the problem, recommended a tent treatment and said that his manager (Josh) was going to contact me... have been 2 months plus since that. Worst customer service ever and I have termites flying into my room without any support from this company!

Michael C Raymond Bellevue, WA

We have attempted to contact our local Terminex person. We subscribed to a quarterly plan, but have some dead rats & a mouse present in our crawlspace. We cancelled our plan with Terminex, but wish to recover our monies paid for service & treatment. Obvious the Terminix guy wasn't doing his job with 5 dead Rats and a dead mouse in our crawlspace. Not one customer service person attempted to give my wife or me a call. We hired another outfit to clean rodents & droppings. Over 6k later, we still have no call back from Terminix. Very poor customer service & follow up in Sammamish, WA.

Jenny W Perth Amboy, NJ

Absolute garbage service. We have a raccoon issue and got tricked by the inspector who came for an initial inspection that it was going to be guaranteed taken care of within maximum a week. It has been 3 weeks and the only method we have been offered to put a trap nearby and wait for the raccoon to fall into the trap. The exterminator Shawn said he will come every Mon to open the trap and every Fri to close the trap because they don't work on weekends and cannot have the animal die in the cage, so okay we agreed. This 3rd week, we were not at home Mon-Tues, but they open the trap on their own, so we did not need to be home, we came home on Wed to find the trap unopened. We called our guy to ask why and received the rudest response basically telling us he does not care because he has other customers and we can go speak to Terminix ourselves to try to get him to come out. It has been 3 weeks since we signed our contract. We have already requested a branch manager to reach out to us to cancel our contract and receive a full refund. I am waiting for a satisfying result right now. This is an absolute garbage company because they trick customers to signing contracts and do not fulfill their end of the agreement! All they've done so far is place a trap and open/close the trap, NOTHING else! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Reply from Terminix

Jenny, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at [email protected] (please include a copy of the review, customer number and phone number) to discuss this further.

Michelle Gary Irwin, PA

I would give negative stars but there is no option to do so . I am visiting a very old house handling business, think there may be a rodent problem but I don’t know . Booked with Terminix to handle, the tech gets there to treat insects which is not a problem! Poor communication with the tech not replying AND not able to treat rodents! They seemed to have sold me all services except the one I may need! I said hey, “Pizza is great but I don’t need a pizza from you or anything else but a rodent resolve. “ I don’t trust a word they say. The rep that took my card said it would not be charged until they arrived but it was charged the day before they came! I feel I could do better DIY or absolutely ANYONE ELSE!

Tamara Fleetwood Aberdeen, MD

communication is horrible. Services were either not scheduled as told or wrong. Technicians NEVER once showed up on time OR never even showed up. Visits REPEATEDLY rescheduled. Worse experience ever .. the tech sent to do my 1st treatment wasn’t even a rodent control tech he was the person who comes and do the outside maintenance treatments. When the other tech for inspection came back. He was supposed to be taking care of my attic. He never even went in the attic he just said he was going to reach out to the rental agency and speak with them about doing some expensive service I shouldn’t have to pay for. That’s fine but how do you know that’s the service needed if you NEVER looked at the problem. He was supposed to get back to me AFTER he already rescheduled my visit 3days in a row and to this day I have not heard back from him. That was over 2weeks ago.If I could get a refund for the useless 2 months I had service with this company I would get it back. You guys NEED to do way better for the amount of money you charge your customers.

Reply from Terminix

Hi Tamara, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

May. 3rd, 2022

Felica Charles Glassboro, NJ

I paid $224 to terminex, for assistance with carpenter bee, and wasp removal. This company does not follow up. All they care about is money. The person who was supposed to remove the bee hive, and treat around my entire home, came and left in under 5 minutes. I called the customer service number to complain, they transferred me to a voicemail. I called again, and they brushed me off and said a manager would get in contact with me. Ofcourse, they never did. It's really ashame that this company would take someone's hard earned money, and not provide professional, or thorough service. They never have to worry about me using them again. Do yourself a favor, do not use Terminex for any services. Find a company who actually cares about the services they provide, and customer satisfaction. Do your research!

Apr. 26th, 2022

Christian Peck Columbus, OH

First off, they scheduled my appointment on a day that they didn’t even have open. So I got a call three days later to reschedule. I was rescheduled to the following Saturday between 1-3. Saturday came and no one showed up. I called and they told me they actually scheduled it for two Saturdays out and told me the wrong Saturday. So I waited another week. I got a reminder text that my appointment was Saturday from 7AM-9AM. I had it scheduled for 1PM-3PM. I called and the guy who is doing the service called me back and said he is going to be close to my house around 8AM so he is going to stop by after that and do it since he will be close. EVEN THOUGH MY TIME WAS 1-3. He did not call and ask if it is okay or anything. He just changed it. So I ended up canceling my service before I even had my first spray. I get it something happens but you can’t just decide to come at a time that works for you but not the customer. Especially not without permission.