Terminix began in 1927, and with more than 90 years of experience in termite treatment and pest management, it has become a nation-leading termite and pest control service provider.

Terminix employs Ph.D.-level entomologists and certified members of the Entomological Society of America. Terminix has a team of more than 8,000 trained pest control technicians and helps over 2 million customers get rid of unwanted pests. The company is a household name in the pest control industry and currently operates in 45 states within the United States.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 American Pest chevron_right
#3 Greenix chevron_right

The Good

• Quarterly Pest Control Services
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Wildlife and Rodent Control
  • Additional Services
  • Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Quarterly Pest Control Services

Pests are active year-round. While some may only appear in the spring and summer, others will find shelter in your home during the fall and winter. With year-round pests, you'll need year-round protection.

Terminix's Pest Control plan offers flexible treatment plans that take into consideration pest activity, location, and the season. Homeowners can expect a technician to treat the outside of their home every season - a total of four treatments a year (including the initial service).

As a part of its 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*, Terminix states that if the pests come back, it will too.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Terminix attempts to respond to its customers within two hours of the initial contact every day of the year, 24 hours a day. To accomplish this goal, the pest control company deploys the closest available exterminator to the location. With more than 300 locations across the United States, Terminix is equipped to respond quickly to any ant, tick, or termite problem within its expansive service area.

Many Terminix plans, such as the Residential Termite, Pest, and Mosquito plans, are protected with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Under this guarantee, Terminix will do whatever it takes, including coming back between treatments at no cost, until the pest problem is gone. If the bug problem persists, or the customer is not completely satisfied within 30 days of an inspection or treatment, Terminix has a money-back guarantee and will refund the treatment charges and cancel the current service plan.

To see how this guarantee compare's to Orkin, visit our compare page.

Wildlife and Rodent Control

Alongside providing pest control services for common pests, Terminix offers homeowners and commercial properties a wildlife control plan. This includes effective, humane traps for raccoons, possums, squirrels, and other nuisance animals that can cause hundreds — possibly even thousands — of dollars in damage. Wildlife can chew through wires, eat drywall, tear insulation, leave droppings behind, and destroy personal property and belongings.

A Wildlife Control plan with Terminix includes a free inspection — where a technician will identify any entry points the wildlife are using to get in — a guarantee to come back and eliminate, and remove trapped pests, repairs to any new damage, and the company will seal any new entry points the wildlife creates**.

Additional Services

Terminix covers more than just insect and pest infestation problems; it also provides crawl space services and attic insulation services. Terminix not only treats for pests but works hard to identify and correct conditions that encourage their presence. Many homeowners aren't aware that moisture in their crawl space attracts several pests — many of which who can cause thousands in property damage.

Terminix uses advanced solutions to help protect homes against water damage, fungi, mildew, and minimize the conditions that attract pests. The company also offers an Attic Insulation service. Terminix's attic insulation is made from 85 percent recycled materials, is ENERGY STAR certified, is flame retardant, and able to reduce noise. As insulation degrades, it increases the wear and tear on the air conditioner and heater. Terminix's attic insulation can help homeowners regulate the temperatures in their homes, therefore, lowering heating and cooling costs.

Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Terminix has been in business for over 90 years and has locations in 45 states. The company has a network of over 300 local branches that can provide residential and commercial pest control. Each branch employs trained pest control technicians who specialize in local pest and termite control.

Terminix can even assist the homeowner establish a termite bond prior to the sale of the house. Terminix's termite bond states that a home has been inspected for termite damage, and details the severity of any termite infestation found and its respective treatment recommendation. The pest control company also works with home insurance companies to establish a termite contract, which consists of both an initial and annual termite inspection. In the event of a termite pest issue, Terminix will provide its termite control services at no cost to the homeowner.

Each Terminix technician knows that common household pests and rodents in any building can spread disease and seriously damage the quality and reputation of the company's product or service. That's why Teminix's Commercial Pest Control plan includes custom solutions for businesses. Whether it's retail services, healthcare facilities, food processing, Terminix helps businesses protect their reputation and stops pests from disrupting day-to-day operations.

Additionally, Terminix offers customized services for national companies. Its National Accounts team specializes is offering customized pest control services to businesses with multiple locations throughout the United States.

The Bad

• Pest Control Plan Exclusions
  • Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

Pest Control Plan Exclusions

Before signing a contract with Terminix for a pest control plan, be sure to read the fine print and make sure the treatment plan provides the right coverage. For example, Terminix’s Guaranteed Pest Control Plan covers treatment for cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants, clothes moths, non-poisonous spiders, scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps.

It does not include coverage for carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, tawny crazy ants, termites, wood-boring beetles, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.

Homeowners who want coverage for these pests will need to purchase an additional pest control plan for an additional charge.

Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

While Terminix offers coverage in most of the United States, there are five states that Terminix does not service: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Vermont.

The Bottom Line

Terminix is one of the most well-known brands in the termite treatment and pest control industry and has more than 90 years of experience. The company offers free inspections for services that require an inspection before purchase, a variety of plans, a money-back guarantee, and 100 percent satisfaction on many services.

However, be sure to read the fine print on the contract before signing. The Standard Pest Control plan doesn't cover all pests and to receive coverage for certain pests (mosquito service, termite activity, bed bug issues, etc.), you'll have to pay a separate fee for an additional plan.

Terminix does stand out with its superior customer service. The pest control operators strive to respond to customers and deploy a local technician to any location as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. The Terminix C.O.D.E provides customers with 24/7 customer service, on-demand solutions, 100 percent satisfaction, and effective pest control strategies.

Overall, we recommend working with Terminix for your professional pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

*If within 30 days after an inspection or treatment you aren't totally satisfied, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges, reimburse any prepaid services, and cancel your plan. Subject to additional limitations and restrictions. See Terminix Pest Control Plan for details.

**Covered pests include rats, mice, bats, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, groundhogs, armadillos, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and snakes. Limitations apply. See Terminix Rodent and Wildlife Exclusion Service Plan for details. Consult your plan for specific terms and limitations that may apply. Not available in all areas.

2.8

AF

September 15th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been customers with Terminix for almost 10 years. We often have people knock on our door and try to get us to switch over, but we're really happy with them. The seem reasonably priced (compared to others) and I think our tech does a great job. We recently had a mouse problem (first time ever) and they really did a great job setting up traps and taking care of it. I also like that you can call in between your services and they'll come right away. They've been good! The only thing I DON'T like is that they will occasionally increase our price out of the blue by just a few bucks.

Sep 18, 2020

Af, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Anthony

September 10th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If it were possible to award negative stars, I would do it in a heartbeat. Also, -5 stars would not be enough to adequately document their poor customer service. Under no circumstances should you use this service. I have been lied to and jerked around by this company for a considerable amount of time. Every time I call, I get a different answer. I am in the middle of selling my home. My realtor called Terminix and found out the termite bond I had with them is not transferable. This was a shock to me. I called them and they told me that they do transfer the termite bonds. While in the process of getting this straightened out, they will not call me back. Over and over they fail to perform any sort of customer service. On another note, I also had the Sentricon system for the house. They jacked up the price considerably year after year stating some unknown study that the termite activity was increasing. I now see it for what it is. It is a money grabbing operation. They inflate their prices to get more money out of you. They also will not transfer the termite bond which causes the new house owners to spend more money to get the same bond. On top of all that, when you call their customer service, they transfer you directly to a voicemail system asking you to leave a message and they will call you back in 24 hours. Guess what, they do not. Save yourself the heartache. Utilize a reputable local company or a better national brand. If that is not possible, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get pest control solutions there and do it yourself. It would be much better in the long run.

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address, copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Wayne Young

September 9th, 2020 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix had my contract for termite inspection at my former house. The technicians were always very professional and polite when they visited. They have a good, user friendly website that tells you what you need to know.

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you for the review, Wayne! We at Terminix pride ourselves on having a friendly, accommodating, and professional team, and we are so happy they were able to assist you!

Undrae & Lauren Fairley

August 22nd, 2020 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am thoroughly disappointed with the service provided by this company. We are 11 months into living in our newly-purchased home and we noticed we had an ant problem inside the house and mice in the attic. After doing some research, we decided to go with Terminix. I spoke with a rep on the phone and decided to go with the pest control plan with the rodent add-on, with the service being scheduled for the next day between 3pm and 5pm. The next day we had gotten to 6pm and still hadn't heard a word from the gentleman who was performing the service. I called Terminix and got nothing but automated messages. Finally just after 6, the pest control guy called, saying he would be here in 15 minutes-late without a courtesy call, but no big deal. When he shows up, he asks what he could do for us, I told him the services we requested. He then told me that he didn't do the rodent extermination, and that someone else would be calling me about that. Ok, so the rep never told me there would be two people coming. We continue to move forward with the service, a bit irritated at the lack of communication. Once he finishes with outside area, he comes back to the door and asks where I want him to spray in the house. Maybe this is a wiff on my part, but if you're exterminating pests, shouldn't the ENTIRE house be sprayed? I told him the key areas where we noticed the pests and he ONLY sprays in those areas. When he finished, he gave me his number and told me if I need him to come back just call him directly. The next morning, my wife notices that we have ants now invading our bedroom. I called the pest control guy directly and left a voice mail, then I called Terminix and got the same automated messages. I left voice mail here, expecting a return call within 24 hours, according to the automated message. This is now DAY 4. I haven't heard from the pest control guy, and I haven't heard from Terminix returning my message OR about the rodent issue that they charged me for. I am beyond upset with the poor level of service, but more so that they've charged me for a service they didn't complete and don't even have a live person I can speak to about it. At this point, I will write a review on every website I can find until they return my call and refund my money! I will not be doing business with them again.

Kathleen Benn

August 20th, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While the service did a good job of keeping pests under control, the customer service could use some work.

Ilan Rakhmanov

August 19th, 2020 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They charged me $1500 for a service they couldn't provide, I requested my money back and they kept hanging up the phone on me. I called Terminix because I have some issues with pest and I needed a professional company for pest control. They sent a salesperson over (Troy) to give me a quote on Monday (August 10th) and I agreed and paid $1377 for pest control and $119 for anti-insects spraying all around the house. The salesperson guaranteed that I won't have any insects for 3 months and that the pest control team will service me attic and block all entrances and clean all the dead rats from there, they will block all entrances around my house to prevent rodents and animals from entering the bottom of my home and he said they will make sure every single entrance to this house will be blocked. On Thursday (August 13th) the anti-insect team showed up at my house and left within 3 minutes, I have cameras all over my house and I can easily prove my statement if needed. The same day I already had spiders and insects all over my walls, he didn't do anything! You can see that he simply walks quickly around the house pretends to spray the chemical but he actually just walks and sprays it wherever and leaves, all that in less than 3 minutes and no results what so ever. Later that day the pest-control team arrived to block all entrances and set traps for animals and rodents. That guy went to the attic and said that theres no issues there (I wen't right after and saw a dead rat and planty of rat poop everywhere), he got on the roof and said that theres nothing there either (the rodents enter the attic through the roof there is a hole there that is pretty obvious). About 25 mins later that guy left the property saying that he's done, without blocking any of the entrances around the house! I had to point them out to him and at that point I told him that it's clear that they just collect money and don't do as they promise and I requested him to leave and said that I will be asking for my money back. This company has a 30 day money back guarantee if a client isn't satisfied with the service. Well I wasn't satisfied the same day they showed up becuase both teams did nothing and basically charged me $1500 for absolutely nothing! I called terminix and spent hours over the phone they kept telling me they are providing a refund and hanging up on me eventually. I spent 30 minutes on hold then they hung up, 1.5 hours on hold then they hang up, another 20 mins and another 45 mins. I also contacted the salesperson Troy and he said he's sorry for what's happening both verbally and through text messages which I'm going to attach to this complaint. I am not satisfied with the service because this company didn't provide what they promised, and they also promised full satisfaction or money back which is another promise that they don't back up. As a brother of a lawyer, it is easy for me to file a lawsuit against this company, which I will do if I won't get my money back.

Melissa Morgan

August 19th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrendous customer service. Horrendous attitude. Horrendous products. Horrendous people. I could not get them on the phone or by email to ask a question about what they could do at my house. When they finally did come out, I asked that they only do a certain area and the guy argued with me. I also wanted them to use a less toxic product and they refused. Then I discovered that he had left his truck running with the A/C on the whole time he was at my house which was over an hour. He apparently doesn’t care at all about the environment or anybody else but his little self. I emailed and called the company to tell them, and they never answered. Terminating Terminix.

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] . Listing your full-service address and the phone number associated with the account?Please provide a copy of this review.

Ruth

August 18th, 2020 Puyallup, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been using Terminix for 10 yrs now. Originally had a home owner next to us that had squatters that taken over the home and they had tons of trash in yard and home causing problem with rodents. They were great. But I have had different technicians the last 5 years that aren’t as diligent as the first one I had. To verify the tech is actually spraying completely you really need to be outside with him. Something you can’t do most times. We are thinking of finding a new service.

Aug 18, 2020

Many thanks for the feedback, Ruth! Would you please send us and email with your complete service address and contact information to [email protected] . I will happily escalate your concerns to management in order to improve your experience.- Anchee

Mary Liggins Goodrich

August 17th, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service! Canceling service.

Kenneth Hawkins

August 17th, 2020 Carnegie, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Terminix for rodent control and outdoor insect issues. They have been very professional.

Aug 26, 2020

Thank you, Kenneth! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

Amy Simonsen

August 12th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service rep will spend no more than 15 minutes on a 4000 sq ft house. When the pests situation did not improve, their explanation is either I have to be patient or seeing dead pests is common even with their service. I ended up canceling their service and do my own pest control. I almost never see any pests, dead or alive. And doing it yourself is not hard at all and much cheaper. Their service is over rated.

Kyra Harris

August 11th, 2020 Garnet Valley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Daqaun was very helpful and pleasant !!!!!

Aug 12, 2020

Kyra, thank you so much for your kind words! It is greatly appreciated. Have a beautiful day! -Anchee

Jay C

August 8th, 2020 Margate City, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never had an issue with them. They do the quarterly service and if you have problems in between, they send someone right out

Aug 10, 2020

Ray Reyes

August 5th, 2020 Fuquay-Varina, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Terminix for more than 13 years and they conduct a great service thru my house. No termite, spider, bugs the scrawl space is 100% off of humidity they keep my house safe and I keep the home value up to standard.

Aug 10, 2020

Regennia Shephard

August 4th, 2020 Fairburn, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. They put you on hold for 30 to 45 minutes. I used their service a couple of years ago and they were great. I recently restarted using them again and made the worst mistake ever. They were supposed to remove a wasp nests on my roof and had to schedule 5 times and they keep sending Technicians out with no ladder to get the nest. I told them to cancel my contract immediately. How can you not make notes on a service call to inform the Technician of what they need and what they need to do on the appointment. They have wasted so much of my time. I also went online to view my account and I can’t even access. HORRIBLE. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.

Aug 07, 2020

Steve

August 3rd, 2020 Elkins, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thw worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I notice a carpenter ant problem on a Friday while doing some home construction and immediately started calling pest control services in the area. It seemed that everyone that I called connected me with Terminix. I've used Terminix in the past so I know how poor there service is, but it seemed like I didn't have a choice. The earliest appointment available was on Monday, which I scheduled. (even though most websites advertised 24 hour service) I wasn't happy that i had to stop working on my project, but I felt that it was important have the problem resolved before proceeding. On Monday morning I received a call that they couldn't make the scheduled appointment, and they might be able to fit me in within the next few days. I went back online to search for other pest control services. I tried Home Advisor and was able to find a company that was very responsive. I called and someone was at my house within two hours. He explained what he would be doing, where the problems could be coming from,and exterminted the ants with extreme prejudice. The price was literally half that of Terminix and the warranty was far longer than the 30 days Terminix offered. If you're in Vermont, and have carpenter ants, try Mangan PI. I don't work for them and have nothing to gain by referring them. Read the reviews on Terminix and know there are other companies out there that don't charge the exorbitant prices and will provide far better customer service.

nancy

July 28th, 2020 Mount Gilead, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Problem has been taken care of quickly & efficiently. Thanks!

Johnny S

July 22nd, 2020 Columbia, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great mosquito control. We are happy to have used them for the last five years.

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you, Johnny! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

PJWILEY

July 22nd, 2020 Austin, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company we used for 15 years and they got very "LAX" in the job. They weren't really treating for pests but just walking around for about 15 minutes.

Jul 24, 2020

Rick M

July 19th, 2020 Fuquay-Varina, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible people uneducated don't seem interested in helping you with your issues. Promise you'll be back the next week which would only been three or four days away and never come back 3 weeks later. people cancel do not ever use these people ever again

Coach Carnes

July 16th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did a great job keeping my home pest free. They were costly and we ended up dropping them after one year when the contract ran out. We did not see any ants or spiders for 4 years after they stopped providing service.

Jul 18, 2020

Thanks for choosing Terminix for your pest control needs. We are so glad to see that you had a positive experience. If we can be of additional service in the future, please call us at 1-800-TERMINIX.

pepsi173

July 16th, 2020 Monroeville, PA

I have used Terminix a lot of the time as they have caring operators and have treated my house for termites ants and spiders since I live near a creek it is always hard to get rid of the bugs

Jul 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, Pepsi173! Our customers and their satisfaction are Terminix’s top priorities, and we appreciate that you have found it to be beneficial. Give us a call at 1-800-TERMINIX if you need anything

Sam Brunt

July 15th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Marisha W, provided EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE...VERY THOROUGH. Manager, Scott needs training

Jul 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, Sam! Our customers and their satisfaction are Terminix’s top priorities, and we appreciate that you have found it to be beneficial. Give us a call at 1-800-TERMINIX if you need anything

Francisco Valera

July 2nd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Company representative by the name of German, came out to inspect home and failed to follow any safety procedures. Walk throughout my property and the inside of my home without wearing a mask . Was not clear about service and pricing ,but was quick to collect my credit card and set up an account without my knowledge. I have 3 children at home one sufers from asthma. This comopany was brought in to keep our home pest ,vermin ,and disease free . Really disappointed with Terminix for not implementing most current safety and basic guidelines. My home was the last appointment of the day. Makes me cringe when I think of how nany other properties he visited. I have surveillance footage of this man wiping his nose without gloves and continue inspection. I have contacted Terminix and canceled my unconsented agreement and explained the issue . They fixed all my issues with an apology bs.

Roberta Bowers

June 22nd, 2020 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Terminix coming out for over a year because my neighbors fumigated for roaches and the roaches ran to my home. they have been treating once every 3 months and the roaches are worse now then when they started. I have told the guy that my son has sever asthma and that he also has a sever allergy to roaches and he said that this would not take but a couple of treatments because they were not bad. The guy said he would come back and retreat every two weeks until they were gone and he has not been back out in almost 2 months. Very disappointed with the service that I have received and will be going with another company.

Jun 23, 2020

Rebecca G Schulz

June 18th, 2020 Bolivar, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service experience ever. I called the call center in April and scheduled for someone to come out and spray for wasps. First they sent someone to Chicago, Illinois instead of Chicago Ave in Missouri. When someone finally made it out to our house, they had my husband sign a contract and told him it was a year long contract with someone coming to spray quarterly. In May the wasps are back so I call to have someone come spray again and the call center worker tells me there is a hold on the account because we owe $249. I told her I had already paid that amount in April. She says she will look into it and call me back. There was no call back. I called again and this time the call center worker says there's no hold on my account and schedules an appointment for June 17th. On the 17th no one shows up. I call again and I'm told no appointment was made and I only have a 1 time spray with 30 day guarantee on my account. They transfer me to sales and that worker says she will call me back the next day with her manager. No call back. I call again and I'm told they don't have access to my contract and I can try calling someone from the local branch, but they can't give me the phone number. Luckily I was able to find the number for the inspector who came out after our house was sprayed. He says he'll call his manager and look into it. When he calls back he says the contract was for a one time spray and he can see if we can get it converted to a one year contract, but I'll still be out $249. We still have wasps and I can't even schedule another appointment until I hear back about if they can convert the contact.

Jun 20, 2020

CARROLL L WILBANKS

June 5th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The salesman that sold me the plan said that the spray was safe around pets, but apparently it's safe around the roaches too. I will not recommend them to anyone.

Joseph McKleroy

May 18th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. It is very difficult to lodge a complaint with the company.

May 23, 2020

Not Happy

May 13th, 2020 Choctaw, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a long-standing customer of this company, until I requested a return service because the first visit didn't appear to work. A disgruntled employee showed up and sprayed my plant beds with something that seemed to kill most of the plants within 3 weeks of that application. I called to ask what was going on. All I got was denial and more attitude. I terminated my service with this company last year. A few months later, someone from Terminix allegedly showed up unannounced, never saw anyone, and allegedly sprayed an exterior pest control application. I found out when the bill arrived by mail Since that day, I have been pestered by Terminix through the mail and telephone calls to pay this bill. Each call ends with; OK we have cancelled your service. That's at least 5 times so far. Last call was nasty and the person suddenly acted as if they could not hear me. Held on to the line for 10 minutes listening to this person typing. I had been on hold for 16 minutes prior to that. My opinion is not very good. BTW; the few plants that managed to survive look very sick this spring.

May 15, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address and the phone number associated with the account?

Mandy Carl

May 7th, 2020 Conshohocken, PA

One of the more expensive services I researched. I called for an estimate of their services and informed the woman on the phone that I had other places to call and research, and that I would call back if I chose to use them. Next day I have a gentleman show up at my door unannounced scheduled to expect my house to give me a quote. I explained to him that I did not schedule it and apologized for the inconvenience because he had no knowledge of the situation. He provided his card and left without issue. It appeared as though Terminix does sneaky things to get business. Because of this, I immediately scratched them from my list. I found a local, small business instead, which is better business anyway.

May 09, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] Listing your full-service address and the phone number associated with the quote?

sean gosine

May 1st, 2020 Hialeah, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently paid Terminix almost $2000.00 to treat my house for flying termites. The inspector did not properly inspect the complete house and did not even inspect the attic or the other rooms in the house. They did not show up for the first appointment, after we called them repeatedly they sent a guy to start the job. He started to drill holes in the yard, then it started to rain. He stopped, no one showed up the next day, again with repeatedly calling and demanding to speak to the boss, they told me they send someone to complete the job monday, today is friday. Don't ever use this company, once you sign the contract and pay them, you are screwed, they will no complete the job.

May 09, 2020

Jx G

April 7th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 'no stars', I would. They come to your house when you are in need and talk a big game. Once you pay them an enormous 'up front' sum for a 2 year 'on demand' contract, they do initial service and then never respond to follow up requests. It's basically a scam! It would be better to just pay a more reasonable ongoing monthly service (to someone other than Terminix) who is at least held to task for the work they are paid for. The 'pay up front' and 'never show up again' scheme is true fraud!

Pualo

April 6th, 2020 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT use Terminix! Our experience with them caused months of time & trouble. They used our personal information to charge our personal bank account WITHOUT permission. We ordered a ONE TIME eradication of mosquitoes. They kept trying to sell us on a monthly service, but we didn't need it or want it. They asked two or three times and we said no thank you. Six months later we find an automatic debit on our bank account. We tried and tried to reason with them to no avail. We finally had to deal with our bank to reverse the charge. Now, we're keeping a lookout to see if they try again. They use DISHONEST & MANIPULATIVE practices. They should be liable and sued

ce

April 3rd, 2020 Ellicott City, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Termite service was fine. Then i was charged $899 twice for the same service. Now I cant get any one at Terminix to stop one of the payments. The don't seem to care

Steve Jones

March 28th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've used Terminix for quarterly services in the past and were pleased with the level of service they provided and felt like they did a great job in tackling our pest and rodent issues. Overall great company!

Mar 31, 2020

Thank you, Steve! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

Jenny Neighbors

March 16th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm not happy at all with my service. I feel like the technician did not treat our home correctly and did not return on the follow up appointment. I tried to make contact with him several times and left messages asking for a return call. I had to call Terminix itself to find out what the problem was and request another technician because I'm paying for a service and at the moment it's not a reliable one. Today was the next appointment and no one has shown up. This is ridiculous.

Valerie Ahjahli

March 12th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

I requested service for a rat that got into my house. 1rat (which is covered). On March 6th, 2020, David from Terminix came out and diagnosed my home as having an "infestation" (which of course is not covered) and quoted me over $1700 to fix the problem. He did not set traps or bait stations as he is supposed to and is covered by my policy. I told him I needed to think about it and didn't want to move forward with setting that up right now. He called me a few days later and left a message. I didn't return the call because I had since set my own trap, caught the rat and have heard and seen no other evidence of. I got a call this morning (March 12, 2020) to confirm the service for extermination that had been set up for tomorrow morning. When I said that I did not set up service and asked why and who had done so, I was hung up on. This is not only dishonest but fraudulent and I have filed a formal complaint.

Erin Glendening

March 7th, 2020 Livingston, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Terminix’s service, the spray around my house and down my drains. I haven’t seen and insects in my house since. They are also pretty affordable.

Mar 11, 2020

Erin, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! We really appreciate your business and are here to help if you need anything.

Seth Boudoin

March 7th, 2020 Roseland, LA

Had them help me with my spider infestation and they were a great help and did a clean job.

Mar 11, 2020

Anita pea

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix is a great pest control option. With awesome pricing and fast service, their employees are punctual, polite, and professional. They always get rid of unwanted insect pests.

Mar 13, 2020

Thank you, Anita! It's wonderful to see you had a positive experience with us, and we want you to know that we are here to assist you with any further pest control needs!

hmarashi

March 3rd, 2020 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All my families Terminix service-members have all been polite, professional, and friendly.

Mar 13, 2020

Thank you for the review, Hmarashi! We at Terminix pride ourselves on having a friendly, accommodating, and professional team, and we are so happy they were able to assist you!

Kaitlyn Rios

February 21st, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix is a great pest control option. With fair pricing and quick service, their techs are punctual, polite, and professional. They always get rid of unwanted insect pests.

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks for sharing your positive experience, Kaitlyn. We're committed to being your trusted provider for all your pest control needs! Please give us a call if we can help you further!

Rich Palaz

February 20th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a bedbug problem the Terminix tech came and recommended the Heat treatment which they guarantee to eliminate the problem. That was not the case! That same night after the treatment I found bed bugs still alive and still feeding off me. I was trying to get a hold of them and no answer so I called and cancelled the contract and requested a refund just like they advertised on their website. Well that’s not the case they still charged me 1500 dollars and refused to refund the money for a treatment that didn’t work.

Gloria Harrington

February 20th, 2020 Lansing, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with terminix does not deserve any Stars. I signed up for services in October 2019. Initial payment to start was not supposed to be submitted for payment until after the 1st initial visit. They submitted payment prior to the 1st visit causing an overdraft to my account. Then I called them in November and December for follow up service. They never showed up or call to reschedule. I cancelled terminix in January 2020 after they took yet another payment from my account. I never signed up for auto pay. I received an email from terminix January 23rd, 2020 confirming my request to cancel a service they were not providing. Needless to say on February 7th they took yet another payment from my account that was never authorized. They're not providing a service to me but they are taking money from a senior citizen living in a once a month fixed income. They have already gotten $877 from me since October and only provided service in October. Terminix STOP taking my money for services not rendered and that have been cancelled.

Jay

February 19th, 2020 Omaha, NE

Absolutely poor customer service. Made an appointment no one called no one showed. When I called they put me on hold and after 3 minutes they hung up on me and didn’t call back. I took off work for my appointment and it was a no call no show. Absolute a horrible company and you’ll waste your time. Use someone else please trust me. Orkin showed up same day an hour after I called and were professional and kind. Again don’t waste your time with a joke of a company Terminix!!!!! Feel free to contact me and I’ll tell you the truth again.

J never

February 10th, 2020 Portage, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simply the worst. They could not decide what type of infestation I had that was eating holes in my clothes rugs etc. I even gave them samples of the bugs that I had found myself and placed in a jar for their analysis on 2 separate occasions. They recommended that I wash or dry clean ALL of our clothes($700 dryclean bill). We followed all the advise they gave us. The treatment did not work. We called them back and a different technician said they treated for the wrong bug . After paying several hundreds of dollars for terminex , year contract, and much more for professional cleaning of all rugs and furniture in our house, the problem was not even close to fixed. We called to complain many times. They wanted us to renew our contract and we declined. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us a technician came to our house and sprayed only the outside without our knowledge, now Terminex wants to be paid $100. I refused to pay them. Now they sent me to collections. I had to have someone else fix the issue but they want “their” money.

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at . Listing your full-service address, a copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

Bryndie

February 9th, 2020 Managua, MN

Not an awesome company. The people selling it were quite rude and pushy and the technicians didn’t do a very good job

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at . Listing your full-service address and the phone number associated with the account?

DaJuana Sampler

February 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could’ve rated a zero, I would have. My fiancé and I bought a home back in August . We went into a frenzy when we heard what we thought were rodents in our attic. So we rushed and hired Terminix. However, our services weren’t rendered as the contract stated. We only had one initial visit. Whereas someone was to follow up in 14 days , no one came. We attempted to make two appointments to no avail . After we called regarding a refund the service manager David K finally paid us a visit. We were told that the matter would be followed up. No one ever called and instead stated no refund was necessary per a customer service rep, despite the lack of services being rendered. Now I have left several calls for the branch manager Adrian B to no avail. I WOULD NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES.

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to help you. Please send us an e-mail at . Listing your full-service address a copy of review and the phone number associated with the account?

DaJuana Sampler

February 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall Terminex was a fraudulent company. The services that were promised were never received. The company promotes 100% money back guarantee and this is a lie. The dissatisfaction of the customer does not matter it is based off the management teams decision. We were scammed out of $1600, only to receive some bug spray around our home. When I attempted to talk to the management team it took weeks of calls and lack of responses. No resolution was given for the dissatisfaction. Even after speaking to management the six month follow up was still not performed. We had multiple appointments in which no representative came to our home. What a lack of consideration for our time and money? We still never received a refund. I WOULD NEVER PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS!!

Amanda

February 7th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix is great company and I’ve enjoyed my purchases with them. They helped cure my houses ant problem.

Feb 10, 2020

We're proud to serve customers like you, Amanda! Thanks for leaving us a rating.