Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.
- Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round the clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
- Contract: If at any point you would like to cancel your Medical Guardian services, members can do so at any point without charge.
- Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
- Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
- Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any and all questions.
- Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment and free shipping at checkout.
- Risk Assessment: Interactive feature that helps customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency
- CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA’s five points of excellence.
While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.
- Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. If a consumer decides they do not want to wait three months to cancel, consumers may do so. However, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
- No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.
While Medical Guardian services both in the U.S. and Canada. All Canadian residents are required to have a landline in order to purchase any of Medical Guardian’s products or services. We recommend calling for further questions.
Medical Guardian System Overview
Benefits of the Medical Guardian Package are:
- $300 in Free Equipment – No set-up fee
- No Long Term Commitments or Contracts
- Reliable 24/7 LIVE Monitoring and Support
- Price Lock Guarantee Means Rates Never Increase
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Ground Shipping
- Free Lockbox and 2nd Water Resistant Alert Button with Annual Plan
- Water Resistant Hardware Promotes Safety in the Shower
See our Medical Guardian product breakdown for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Medical Guardian Cost?
Medical Guardian has four products that vary in price. Here is a price breakdown of each product:
- Classic Guardian: $29.95/month
- Home Guardian: $34.95/month
- Mobile Guardian: $39.95/month
- Premium Guardian: $49.95/month
Is there a contract?
There are no long-term contracts for any of the products. However, part of the customer agreement states that there is a minimum three-month service agreement for each product. The equipment remains the property of Medical Guardian. The monthly charge begins the day the customer receives the device. After the three-month period has expired, the contract will be automatically renewed unless either the customer or the company elects to terminate it. Customers who cancel after the three months are entitled to refund of any unused prepayments, provide the equipment is still in working order. If customers do not return the equipment, they are subject to a charge for it. The benefit of not owning the equipment is being able to have the newest gear available without having to pay a bunch for it.
How’s their monitoring?
Medical Guardian is a CSAA Five-Diamond Certified company. This CSAA certification means that a company has shown to be committed to serving the public. It is the highest recognized status for security monitoring in North America.
How’s customer service?
Superior customer service is a hallmark of Medical Guardian. The company is easy to connect with and always responsive and helpful to any questions or concerns customer may have. Medical Guardian has agents standing by to assist with any needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customers may reach customer service by or by email, to which questions are answered within 24 hours. Also, Medical Guardian offers a live chat option that provides easy and swift responses to any product- or company-related questions.
Shipping & Package Details
For details on equipment visit Product Breakdown: A Look at Medical Guardian
This device has a cellular base unit, a wearable pendant and a watch button that users can have to give peace of mind in case of medical need. It has a range of 1,300 feet from base to unit, 32-hour battery life, and a water resistant necklace or wrist pendant. This simple-to-use device has emergency contacts stored, so that if an emergency occurs, loved ones are alerted to the situation. In case of emergency, the person simply pushes the button on their pendant or necklace, and a trained staff member communicates with the person through the base unit. Emergency responders are alerted to come to the person’s aid if needed.
This device requires no landline, and connects seamlessly with AT&T’s mobile network. With the convenient necklace or wrist pendant, home users can receive immediate attention at the push of a button. These personal emergency buttons have a range of up to 600 feet in any direction from the base unit. The base until carries up to 30 hours of additional backup battery life in the event of a power outage. And with emergency contacts already on file, users can stay connected with their friends, family, or emergency responders in any situation.
This device has a cellular base and your choice of a pendant or watch button. It also comes with a carrying case. It is ideal for use when away from the comforts of home. It works in the same fashion as the other devices, and it comes with unlimited range.
Premium Guardian comes with a water resistant necklace button. It works in a three-step process. First, when there is a fall, the pendant detects the fall and sends a signal to a professionally trained responder. The person is connected to the responder who will then alert an EMT, whose voice will immediately reassure the person who has fallen. Then, if additional care is needed, emergency responders are dispatched to the person. Loved ones are also notified. A staff member stays on the device with the person.
The Fall Alert has 30-hour backup battery life, temperature and time LED display, and a range of 600 feet from base to unit.
All products are covered with a lifetime warranty. Customers never have to pay for service or repair.
There are absolutely no activation fees or cancellation fees. The only additional fees customers will pay are when failing to return equipment (as detailed below).
Time in Business
Medical Guardian was founded in 2005.
Company Contact Information
Address: 1818 Market Street, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: 1-(800) 330-8394
Certified Monitoring Centers
Available information confirms that the certified Monitoring Centers are based in the U.S.