Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA’s five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service.

We would highly recommend them as the best company in the industry for a medical alert system.

Medical Guardian Disclaimer:
While Medical Guardian services both in the U.S. and Canada, all Canadian residents are required to have a landline in order to purchase any of Medical Guardian’s products or services. We recommend calling for further questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Medical Guardian cost?

Medical Guardian has four products that vary in price. Here is a price breakdown of each product:

• Classic Guardian: $29.95/month
  • Home Guardian: $34.95/month
  • Mobile Guardian: $39.95/month
  • Premium Guardian: $49.95/month

Is there a contract?

There are no long-term contracts for any of the products. However, part of the customer agreement states that there is a minimum three-month service agreement for each product. The equipment remains the property of Medical Guardian. The monthly charge begins the day the customer receives the device. After the three-month period has expired, the contract will be automatically renewed unless either the customer or the company elects to terminate it. Customers who cancel after the three months are entitled to refund of any unused prepayments, provided the equipment is still in working order. If customers do not return the equipment, they are subject to a charge for it. The benefit of not owning the equipment is being able to have the newest gear available without having to pay a bunch for it.

How’s their monitoring?

Medical Guardian is a CSAA Five-Diamond Certified company. This CSAA certification means that a company has shown to be committed to serving the public. It is the highest recognized status for security monitoring in North America.

How’s customer service?

Superior customer service is a hallmark of Medical Guardian. The company is easy to connect with and always responsive and helpful to any questions or concerns a customer may have. Medical Guardian has agents standing by to assist with any needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customers may reach customer service by phone or by email, to which questions are answered within 24 hours. Also, Medical Guardian offers a live chat option that provides easy and swift responses to any questions.

More Information

• Free Lockbox and 2nd Water Resistant Alert Button with Annual Plan
  • Water Resistant Hardware Promotes Safety in the Shower

Package Details

Classic Guardian:

The Classic Guardian system helps protect you from medical emergencies, home intrusions, fires, and home accidents. The system connects you to Medical Guardian’s 24/7 Monitoring Center through the landline telephone and works with an emergency help button that works within 1,300 feet of the base station.

• 1,300 foot range
  • 911 trained operators
  • 32-hour backup battery

Home Guardian:

Home Guardian wirelessly connects you to Medical Guardian’s 24/7 Monitoring Center. It helps protect you from medical emergencies, home intrusions, fires, and home accidents. The base station works with a help button that functions within 600 feet of the station.

• 600 foot range
  • 911 trained operators
  • 30 hour backup battery

Mobile Guardian:

Mobile Guardian functions both at home and on-the-go. The GPS enabled base station is light and works with an emergency button, connecting you to a Medical Guardian 24/7 Monitoring Center.

• Travels with you
  • Unlimited range
  • 24/7 monitoring using the AT&T cellular network
  • GPS-enabled to help determine your exact location
  • 911 trained emergency operators
  • 24-hour battery life
  • 2-hour full charge cycle

Premium Guardian:

This wearable two-way communication solution allows you to speak to an emergency operator directly through the device. The GPS enabled device is lightweight and can be worn around the neck via a lanyard or belt clip. It can also include fall detection technology.

• Travels with you
  • 911 trained emergency operators
  • 36-hour battery life

Company Details

Warranty

All products are covered with a lifetime warranty. Customers never have to pay for service or repair.

Activation Fees

There are absolutely no activation fees or cancellation fees. The only additional fees customers will pay are when failing to return equipment (as detailed below).

Time in Business

Medical Guardian was founded in 2005.

Certified Monitoring Centers

Available information confirms that the certified Monitoring Centers are based in the U.S.

X close
X close

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Or you can visit their site by clicking here.

1,180 Medical Guardian Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

June 21st, 2017 Columbia City, IN

I have had this for 3 months and I like it. I test it every month and right away they respond. when I call customer service about a question they are very polite and helpful. the cord for the pendant I didn’t like but its small enough to carry in my purse or pocket. glad I have it. gail hine.

2. User Score

June 20th, 2017 Severn, MD

This company uses deceptive practices to prey on vulnerable elderly people.

In 2016, my then-92-year-old mother ordered a medical alert system from this company. She asked if they had a wrist monitor, and was told yes. When the system arrived, it was not what the salesperson promised her. It was instead one that goes around the neck, and was too heavy. She contacted the company and, based on their instructions, returned the material and cancelled the account.

In 2017, they billed her credit card $599.40 for a year’s service. (Which she did not request, did not authorize, and did not receive.) She contacted the company and advised them of this, and then filed a dispute with her credit card company.

The credit card company ruled in her favor, acknowledging that this was a fraudulent charge. During the period when the dispute was being investigated, Medical Guardian continued to bill her, and to add service and late fees, in direct violation of Consumer Protection regulations.

On June 7, 2017, Medical Guardian sent her a demand letter threatening to turn this account to collections. We contacted their 800 number and spoke to an agent, explaining the situation to him and repeating that this was a fraudulent charge and would not be paid. He said he would refer the matter to his supervisor and see that the account was not turned to collections.

On June 17, she received a letter (dated June 12) from a collection agency. We are currently in the process of disputing this claim with the collection agency and will also pursue a formal complaint to the appropriate consumer protection agency.

There are also calls being made to the Attorneys General of both PA and OR, as well as calls to AARP, which ran this company’s ad in their magazine.

1 1

3. User Score

June 16th, 2017

J,L Smith Last June i was thinking about a medical alert because of an upcoming back surgery. I returned one from a different company because not enough info, no Reviews. Spoke to Agent K and i liked his knowledge of Medical Guardian. I went with the mobile Guardian days later after returning the other unit.I decided this past march on the Premium Guardian because i would often leave the mobile unit behind. Supervisor Mrs J. W overnighted A New premium Guardian to me when two other units failed to charge in my Area.She Really helped thru the activation process to make sure I Was pleased. The upgrade was worth it. I Didn’t want the additional fee but glad i did. She was First Class all the way. Kudos 2 Medical Guardian

3 1

4. User Score

June 12th, 2017 Round Rock, TX

I signed up with this company and stupidly paid a year in advance. I did not like any of the pendants or the charger. When I called to complain and cancel, I was told that I was contractually obligated to pay them 2 months service. This is the company that advertises No Contracts. The customer service reps was arrogant and rude. They charged me $102.18 to cancel.

5. User Score

June 11th, 2017

Takes days to get through on a telephone for customer service and then when you speak to someone they don’t know what they are doing. Horrible.

6. User Score

June 7th, 2017 Reddick, IL

I am executor and previously was POA for my father, who has been deceased since Jan. 10th, 2017. I just received a notice that he has been placed in collections due to delinquency of payments for the last 6 months.

Let me advise where my frustration lies:

I called Medical Guardian and spoke to someone in November of 2016 and advised that my dad was in the midst of moving into an assisted living center and no longer needed the services in which Medical Guardian provided in his home. I was told to send back the equipment and they would discontinue the service.

I then placed a call in December 2017 to advise that amongst the move, the equipment had been misplaced. I was told, “Well, we have to have the equipment to stop billing and services.” I advised that I would look for the unit and pendant and would call back with my findings. A week later, I again placed a call to Medical Guardian and advised I was unable to locate the base of the unit but I did find the pendant. I was then told that billing and services would continue until all items were returned. I then continued to look for the base unit. Unfortunately, it was not to be found. I then again placed another call to Medical Guardian and told them I would pay for the equipment; however, the rep that I spoke with advised that my father was paying an extra fee for insurance that covered this type of instance, e.g., lost equipment and she would communicate this to the billing department and services would discontinue, in addition I was told that I would not receive any further billings. Here, I thought I was finally going to have some peace of mind. My father then passed away shortly after on January 10th, 2017.

I then received a bill towards the end of January 2017 and again placed another call to your agency advising that my dad had passed away and that I had been in touch with your company on several occasions only to explain the whole story again; I was again told that “it would be taken care of”. Every single month since January of 2017 I have received, yet, another bill for my decedent father, keeping in mind, that I had placed calls to Medical Guaridan every month that a bill was received. I have been hung up on, told there would be no further worries, that communication would be sent over to the billing department for adjustments, a supervisor would call me back at my request; in which, I did not receive a call and I am now receiving a collections bill for my deceased father who no longer needed your services per mine and my father’s request back in November 2016.

Please note that I have spoken with nearly 9 or 10 representatives throughout the prior months. I spoke with Patricia from the collection department at extension 8137 today, June 7th, 2017 and she advised that she would look into the matter and I will have a call back no later than Friday, June 9th.

This is very, very concerning for us consumers who do the right things but get mistreated and misunderstood by those who seem to really care less.

I am hoping that this can be rectified for good.

7. User Score

June 1st, 2017 Washington, DC

The advertising is minimal and most of the information is gleaned from the salesperson. There is not an option for a wrist device if you want GPS. The device to wear as a “pendant” is like wearing a garage door opener around your neck — its huge. I was told the dimensions were 2 inches long. What they failed to add was that it’s also 4 inches wide. The button is not recessed so it gets pushed inadvertently while she’s doing chores. The GPS function works well but it beeps when it’s tracking to include at night when she isn’t going anywhere (while its in the charger).

8. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Twin Falls, ID

I just barely got mine, but when we were testing it we got somebody on the line right away. It didn’t take long for the guy to call me and see if I was alright or not. They were nice and informed, and good information was given. Everything they said that they were ready to do, they did. I got it for myself ’cause I’m alone at home most of the time, and I use a walker. On a typical day, I go for a walk and it’s more than the 300 yards, So I take the little white battery pack with me, and that way I don’t have to worry about if I’m out of range or not. It’s a very busy life; I like it very much.

9. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Guilford, CT

We got it for someone else, and she’s gonna be home alone now. She can do all her normal daily activities, you know, cooking food and walking around the house. We haven’t yet needed it for an emergency. The company representatives were professional and friendly, and knew what they were talking about.

10. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Norman, OK

The representatives were nice; answer them! I purchased Medical Guardian for myself because I’m 96 years young and thought maybe I might need it in a year or two. I haven’t used it yet; I haven’t needed to, but I have it in case I need it. If anybody needs one, don’t hesitate; get one now, that’s all I can say.

11. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Livingston, TX

We just got a Medical Guardian device hooked up for my my mother-in-law. I don’t live with her, but I know that she wears it everyday. She had just recovered from a total knee replacement. The company representatives we spoke to were professional and accurately efficient.

12. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Fairfield, CA

The Medical Guardian representatives just explained everything to us, and it was fine. My girlfriend has COPD and she can’t talk to call 911 so that’s why we got it. She carries it with her, but we haven’t used it yet since we’ve only had it a couple of days.

13. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Philippi, WV

It seems like a fine company. I have no problem with it, I never notice actually having the device installed, so just keep up the good work. I’ve had all positive experiences, but I’ve never actually used it. I never called or anything, I never use that thing when I experience pain or anything like that, because I really don’t experience anything, so I never actually talked to any of the people in person, or had an issue with it at all. It’s for myself because of my irregular heart rhythm, but I just sleep within 6 feet of it every night and I don’t do anything, I never notice it’s over there.

14. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Oskaloosa, IA

I got the device for myself. Working with the representatives was just fine. Everybody was kind and polite and factual. They’ve been very courteous while I was doing the checking, but there were some problems when I called the number to activate. There was supposed to be some sort of a drawing for a cruise, and the phones kept sending me back to that information. I didn’t want to take a cruise, so I talked to them about that and they sent me to the supervisor.

15. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Hamilton, OH

I got Medical Guardian for someone else because he is in hospice and he has COPD, and he is home a lot by himself. He uses it all day long; just getting up and walking around the house and some things, it makes him safer. We haven’t used it. The rep we spoke to made it very easy and simple. He was very nice and courteous and he knew a lot about the product.

16. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Newburgh, NY

I have the wristband and I just feel secured in having it. If anything did happen, I would be able to push the button and somebody would call and I’d be able to get assistance within a short period of time. If I do go out of the house, I take the monitor; I put it in a case and I take it with me, and I know that anywhere I go, any distance, I would be able to get help also. I haven’t had to use it yet, thank heavens. I live by myself, and my husband died a year ago. I just felt it would be good for me to have in the house in case I have any problems. I’d be able to push the button and have assistance. The representatives of the company are very helpful. When I first got it, they explained to me how to use it, and I’m able to test it at any time that I want to, whether it’s once a month or anytime that I feel necessary. I can test it without any problem. I just think that it’s a very good asset for anybody who lives by themselves, or anybody who has an illness and wants to feel secure, whether they live in their house by themselves, or if they travel.

17. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Stoneham, MA

I haven’t received the system yet, but as far as speaking to the representatives, I’m very satisfied. The person I spoke with was very helpful, and seemed very knowledgeable.

18. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Pasadena, MD

Due to a medical condition, somebody comes and checks on me frequently, but Medical Guardian makes me feel secure anyway. Knowing that somebody will be there for me in case something happens is great.

2 4

19. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Hemet, CA

They’ve offered a positive experience so far. I’ve never used it, but they did answer all my questions, even after I had purchased the system.

1 2

20. User Score

May 18th, 2017 Boca Raton, FL

I purchased the service for my mother in case of an emergency. Although they’ve offered a positive experience, we really haven’t had to use It yet. I do have to say that the representatives were good; they helped a lot.

2 2