Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Ronald F. Weber
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use. Dependable. Reasonable cost.

May 30, 2019

Ronald, thanks for your review! We're so glad you have entrusted us with your safety and peace of mind. Thanks again for your review, and have a great day!

Sue Coffey
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Affordable, let's me live alone. Easy to use. I was not pressured to buy the system. I wanted something with GPS tracking so I could be found and helped no matter where I was. Medical Guardian does all of this.

Jun 03, 2019

Hello Sue, We're happy that this gives you ability to live independently and you received the product that aligns with your needs. We appreciate your business!

Charlene ryals
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

It serves my needs and it works with my phone

Jun 03, 2019

Thank you Charlene, we're glad you have what you need to stay protected!

Dianne Pagel
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service is outstanding. I ordered this for my Mom but she passed away a few weeks after receiving it so she never really had a chance to use it. Ordering was very easy & they were so kind when I needed to return the equipment. Definitely a better value than anything else out there.

Jun 03, 2019

Hello Dianne, Please accept our condolences. We're so sorry to hear that. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Karen
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

They were very caring and was on line till help came.

Jun 03, 2019

Hi Karen, We're happy that you got that help that you needed. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and hope that you continue receiving superb service.

Kathleen Waggoner
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Setting it up was easy and when I hit the test button I received a response in less than 5 seconds. That tells me this was not a cost incurred but an investment made.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Kathleen, We're happy that you got a very quick response when testing your device! We hope that you never have to use it but it will always be there for you if you need it. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Hattie Bertolini
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I purchased one.paid for the entire year. For the month that I had it I felt secure. Unfortunately, without my knowledge it was not working during that time. I was I never all kinds of excuses why it wasn't working and in the end they just said it doesn't work in my area. I had to send it back at my own expense a ll as pay for the first month usage. Understanding you knew it was defective and I certainly should not have had to pay one dime.

May 29, 2019

Hattie, thank you for the review! We are sorry you found your experience to be unsatisfactory. We take your feedback very seriously and will look into your experience. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Johnny Ewing
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

They did what they were supposed to do. I fell & they couldn't hear me from the bedroom and I didn't have my phone near me, so they sent the EMS to help me.

Jun 04, 2019

Hello Johnny, We're so sorry to hear that you fell and we hope that you're doing okay now. We're glad that you got the help you needed. Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian family!

Melinda Willis
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use, wonderful operators....always there within seconds, even when we accidentally hit the button.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Melinda, We're happy you're getting the quick service that you would want in an emergency situation. We hope that you never have to use it! Thank you!

GJS
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service, Fast response time to calls, Excellent equipment which provides for total freedom to go anywhere and superior battery life

Jun 04, 2019

Hello, Welcome to the Medical Guardian Family! We're glad that you have the freedom and peace of mind that you needed. We're just one button press away if you need help. Thank you!

Anna Tarrats
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Small easy to carry hope I don't have to use but good to have just in case

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Anna, We hope you never have to use it but help is just a button press away if you need it. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Bruce Woodbury
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Haven't used it,but prompt answer when tested

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Bruce, We're glad the tests are going through in a prompt manner. Thank you and we appreciate you!

Leal Abbott
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I don't like having to take the receiver with me when I leave the house.

May 29, 2019

Leal, thank you for the review! We take your feedback very seriously and will look into your experience. If you would like to talk about alternative wearable options with a Customer Care Specialist we would be happy to take your call! Thank you for your review, and have a great day! Medical Guardian Customer Care: 1-800-313-1191

YM
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Timely and thorough customer service to meet my budget.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello, We're always happy to help out. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

laura k pittman
May 29th, 2019 Poway, CA

Nice people ! really. I did customer service for a company like yours for 30 years so i can appreciate what they do. People are not always nice. They all did a great job. one women in particular named Seaita ( i think ) was really wonderful.

Jun 03, 2019

Hello Laura, We're going to get a toothache from so much sweetness! Thank you so much and we appreciate you as a customer. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Sue Reed
May 23rd, 2019

So far, I like everything about it! The tiny button around my neck. Not having to charge it every night. The lock on my door. An annual payment. Everything!

Jun 03, 2019

Hello Sue, We're glad you like your device and got the peace of mind you were looking for. Thank you!

Tan Toni
May 23rd, 2019 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

Everywhere in my house, I have 1-2 bars coverage! I have tons of windows. The sound coming out is not that clear and sometimes hard for my mom to understand. They sent the lock box key the first time with wrong combination ( we had discussed extensively.)

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Tan Toni, It sounds like there may be weaker AT&T coverage in your area with the information you provided. We offer a home-based, landline device for these instances if you would be open to a different device. Please reach out to us via Live Chat, via email at [email protected], or give us a call at 1 (800) 313-1191. Additionally, we apologize if you were sent a lock box with the wrong combination! Thank you.

Krista K Randles
May 23rd, 2019 Hutchinson, KS

All phone contacts have been exceptional as far as friendliness, helpfulness, and the desire to "make things right" for my mother. I hope she never has to use the system, but I feel better now knowing that she has Medical Guardian in case she needs it.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Krista, We hope that your mother never has to use it either but will always be there if she does. Thank you letting us serve you and your mother so that help is just a button press away!

Suzanne Kendall
May 22nd, 2019 Elgin, IL DETAILS

They have very up to date technology on their equipment. Their representatives are professional and courteous on the phone and so helpful. I feel extremely confident that my husband has excellent guardians!!

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Suzanne, We're so happy that you and your husband feel confident in our company and we greatly appreciate you. We always hope that you are safe and protected!

Jhindiyeh
May 22nd, 2019 San Juan Capistrano, CA DETAILS

Great when you use it. If you try and cancel they put you through to sales again. Also after several phone calls and e-mails, bad information from their call centers. I am still getting billed. If it is not stressful enough when you no longer need their service because of a death or a hospitalization of a loved one. They make it worse to try and cancel by losing your paperwork. I would never use them again if it was free.

May 22, 2019

Jhindiyeh, thank you for your review! We are sorry for your experience and appreciate your feedback. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thanks again for reaching out!

Ricky
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I like everything and I don't dislike anything about it.

Wilbur
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Tested it a couple of days and I don't like the whole thing.

Carmen
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I feel safe. They call me right away when I accidentally push the button and ask if I am okay.

Carol
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Never takes very long before I can get help. I used it once when I was in the shower and the policeman came over and picked me. I have had surgery on both knees so I can't pick myself up. I get results in any part of the apartment.

Beverly
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I tested it and it works okay but I'd like to have the wrist device rather than the necklace. I have to charge it all the time but I guess that is just the way it is.

George
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It is great to take with e ad go outside with and like the thing around my neck. I am happy with it for assurance.

Gloria
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Quality of the device is good. We've tested it and it was very fast. I've had no problems when I've called.

Dorothy
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Device is fine, just expensive. I've tested it twice and it's a bit slow because you have to go to the operator.

Robert
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I am very satisfied with it. The manufacturer is cheaper than what I had and the guy was very helpful.

James
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Best thing is the convenience. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it works great. Customer service is very knowledgeable and helpful.

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I like the watch and the information that it carries. It seems to be efficient and I didn't have to wait long.

Rosemarie
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The only thing I have a problem with was they kept calling me and said they didn't receive the paperwork and then the next they did have it and then the next day they didn't.

Elizabeth
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Very pleased and glad I have it. I don't care for the neck piece, it is too long but the rest I like. I have tested it and it had good results. You just have to press your button and somebody will come on and ask if anything is wrong. They are very polite.

Ima
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian is a good company. I wear it all the time and I know help is available if I have to have it. It is convenient that I don't have to take it off.

Trenia
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It doesn't work and I don't like anything about it. It did not arrive on time and I am still waiting for a different one. The only thing that was great was the lady that I spoke to when I called to cancel.

Emil
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Everything is working fine. I check once a month to see if it works out. I think it is pretty good.

Patricia
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service has been very good. It is comfortable to wear the device.

Dorothy
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Makes me feel safer when I am home alone. It went off one day when it was not an emergency and the rescue squad called my brother on the spot. They call right away.

Marceline
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I feel safer and more confident, it is very alert very quick.

Cheryl
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

No complaints. It seems very easy and when I test it, they are very cooperative and don't take a lot of time. They are very helpful and I feel very comfortable with them. I will recommend them.

Janet
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I am satisfied and it gives me comfort. They responded when I pressed it accidentally and they were very courteous, pleasant, and kind even though it was my fault. It is easy to set off accidentally, I have done it several times.

Beverly
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Device tested very good and it had a quick response time.

Thelma
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I live alone and it really helps me and I feel protected whether I am traveling or at home.

Nancy
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I have told several people about them already and they like it. I like the safety of knowing that I can get in touch with somebody if I need to. They came right on and answered my test.

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I don't really care for the watch band, it is annoying, but that is the only drawback. The person who responded to my test was very polite and when I called to ask for assistance to notify the police she was going to do that for me. I like the response time, it is very good when you call.

Gwen
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Completely happy with it and so far it's good. I think it is something that could save my life so I wear it faithfully. I've called twice to customer service and gotten answers right away and they talk me throwing it and make me feel comfortable.

Dolores
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

We have tested it and it works great.

Jeanne
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Always works out in the yard and in the house. I like having the security of the button. They were nice and I got a response back from customer service.

Bonnie
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It works and so I am happy with it. I tested it and in one to two minutes, they answered me. I like that it doesn't charge for 24 hours.

Leonor
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian answered immediately. It is very convenient and it seems to always work. The test was perfectly successful.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Leonor, We're happy the test calls went through perfectly! Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!