Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Liana
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

The only time we used it is when my wife fell and a voice came on to say a fall was detected and they called nine one one and got the fireman here to help me lift her. I like that it is always listening and the quick response.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Liana, we're happy to help out. We hope you don't actually need it in the future but there to protect you just in case. Thank you so much!

Johnnie
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I like the fact that I don't have to worry at all because of the thing around my neck.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Johnnie, it makes us really happy to hear we made one more person worry a little less due to our devices. We appreciate you as a valued customer. Thank you for your review!

Wanda
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It is not perfect but it is sufficient for what I need. I would probably recommend it. I think the wrist bracelet it a little big and gaudy but other than that everything it fine.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Wanda, thank you so much for your feedback! Please let us know if you need anything. We're hear to help!

Stephen
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It is available and it is reliable. When I test it, it works. They have always been responsive.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Stephen, we're happy to be there for you! If you ever do need it, rest assured we will get you the help you need. Thank you so much!

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I feel the other week and it alerted the operator. I haven't found anything I dislike.

Jun 19, 2019

Aloha! Oh my! We hope you're okay and doing better now. Although you fell, we're glad the device did its job and alerted the operator. Thank you so much for being a valuable customer!

Daniel
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service is good and the tests have gone alright.

Jun 19, 2019

Hello Daniel! We're happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Dana
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I have already recommended it a couple of times. If I ever need any help or have any questions, they answer it pretty quickly. When I test it, they are quick to respond. I like that I can walk around the house and not worry about falling.

Jun 19, 2019

Aloha Dana! Wow. Thank you so much for recommending it to other people. We're so thankful for that. We're happy that you got quick response times just like we intended! We hope you don't fall or have another type of emergency, but it will be there if you do. Thank you so much!

Arlene
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I wear it most of the time. I tested it today and it works fine.

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I use the necklace and it seems to be connected and ready for me to fall. When I push the button, someone is always there.

Donald
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian seems to have top notch quality products and they know what they are doing. They answer the phone quickly. There is always room for improvement but I don't have anything bad to say.

Jun 19, 2019

Hey Donald. We're very thankful for you taking the time out to provide feedback! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Marlene
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Comfortable and I wear the necklace all the time.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Marlene! It's comforting to know that it's comfortable for you! We appreciate you being such a valuable customer!

Cynthia
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It's perfect. I accidentally stepped on the bracelet and it went off and I told them it was an accident and they were very positive and helpful. The customer service is doing very well.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Cynthia! You have some of our customer service agents blushing! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

Stephen
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I spend a lot of time alone in my apartment so I am glad I have a system installed. It is easy to install and good to have around.

Jun 19, 2019

Hi Stephen! We're glad you have a little peace of mind in your apartment! If you need help, we're just a button press away. If you need anything, please let us know! Thank you so much.

Francesca
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I love the fact I can wear it on my wrist but unfortunately I have developed a severe abscess from it. They once sent out ambulances when I didn't answer my phone, which was embarrassing, but it gives me peace of mind. I think it is a great device and a great system and it works well for me.

Violet
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It worked fine when we tested it. I got a couple of letters saying they didn't get the information on the paper work and they spelled my name wrong and I corrected it and they didn't and I had to call them but other than that I have not used customer support.

Jun 19, 2019

Hello Violet, please accept our apologies for this! We're here to help if you need it. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Gail
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I know I am safe wearing it around my neck. I feel a lot more confident of myself that I have something to back me up if I have problems.

Gail
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I've had it a short time and there is nothing I dislike. I like the security of having it. I think the company is fine so far, they are interested in getting my feedback.

Catherine
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They answer the phone quickly. When we tested it the first time, everything worked properly and it is was in good condition. We had no trouble setting it up.

June 17th, 2019 Corunna, MI DETAILS

The best part is the feeling of safety and confidence that there's somebody there if I need help. The device is good but sometimes it takes a little bit longer than I would wish for them to answer. All the people that have answered have been very kind and understanding.

Iva
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I believe it is very trustworthy. I like the fact it is very simple, I never have to think about it around my neck and I don't have to be concerned about falling. It is easy to set up and it gives us peace of mind.

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I put it around my neck and kind of forget about it and I like that. I don't like the length of the string and the magnets come apart easily.

Debra
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Everybody was helpful and polite in customer support. I have tested it and used it when I fell and I like everything about it.

Kerry
June 17th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

It is really expensive. I don't like that I have to wear the necklace, it is so sensitive, I can roll over and it goes off but that is the most annoying thing. It can be a scary situation. Customer service is responsive.

Kenneth
June 17th, 2019 Siloam Springs, AR DETAILS

When I tested it, everything was set up okay. I like that it has a watch and a necklace and a GPS system.

Janie
June 17th, 2019 Decatur, AL DETAILS

We have no complaints. We've had to use it twice and it's been responsive.

June 17th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

I'm more secure and comfortable because I am not secure on my feet. I used it once and everything went perfect and the ambulance came and took over. Also one time I bumped it and I heard this voice ask me if I was alright, it was wonderful.

Marcel
June 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Customer service is very professional. I like the device because of the features.

Sarah
June 17th, 2019 Joplin, MO DETAILS

The device is convenient and it was a pretty good value. I trust Medical Guardian.

June 17th, 2019 Eustis, FL DETAILS

Customer support it good. I like the device, what it does is a good thing. I have a problem with the it is the carrying case is hard to get on your belt and I think it could be a lot easier.

Ethel
June 17th, 2019 McHenry, IL DETAILS

It is worth it. I am very happy with the product and the customer service. Any time I have a question, they answer me right away. They're always right there. It makes me feel safe having it. It is very easy to use.

John
June 17th, 2019 Costa Mesa, CA DETAILS

Medical Guardian is mediocre. They have poor customer service. We tested the device and it worked okay.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are sorry you felt your experience was less than satisfactory. We take your feedback very seriously, and will be sure to review your experience. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Donald
June 17th, 2019 Poquoson, VA DETAILS

I tested it one time and I got an immediate response. It gives me a good feeling of security. Before I had it, I did have a problem where I fell in the shower I laid on the floor for hours and hours until my wife got home. That was not fun do this gives me comfort and I never know it is on because it doesn't get in my way.

Kire
June 17th, 2019 Greenfield, IN DETAILS

I think it is rather expensive. I like having it with me if I fall down or get unconscious. When we tested it, it worked well. I think it is a good item.

Patty
June 17th, 2019 Yreka, CA DETAILS

I have tested the device and it has worked fine.

Patricia
June 17th, 2019 Isleton, CA DETAILS

I like knowing that I have it with me all the time in case I need it. Sometimes the response time takes a longtime and that is my only complaint. I don't know if it is the unit itself or whatever. Customer support has been very good whenever I have reached out to them, they try to answer as soon as they can.

Brenda
June 17th, 2019 Huntsville, OH DETAILS

Everything has been positive so far. I have talked to several people and they've always been very nice and I could count on them. It seems to be a good device. I tested it this week and everything went fine. I was a little upset that my electrical outlet next to my bed didn't give it enough power so I have to keep it in my bathroom, but that is my fault not there's. I recommended it one of my friends.

Russell
June 17th, 2019 Washington, PA DETAILS

It is working fine. I haven't had any issues. Customer service was good with activation.

Robert
June 17th, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

What I dislike is having to take the bigger piece outside when I am out of the apartment but other than that everything else is very good.

Jean
June 17th, 2019 Clarkdale, AZ DETAILS

It is simple to use and that is good for older people. It can go in the shower with me and I like that. The company always does what they say they are going to do. I recommend it highly.

June 17th, 2019 Reedsport, OR DETAILS

The price was right. I like that it is easy to fold up but I would like it to be a little taller. I use I all the time because I have a hard time walking.

June 17th, 2019 Norwich, NY DETAILS

It is really handy and works good. The few times I have used it, they came on quickly and asked if I needed anything.

June 17th, 2019 Greeley, CO DETAILS

Customer support is really helpful and I feel safe with Medical Guardian.

Peggy
June 17th, 2019 Elkhart, IN DETAILS

When I am alone, I feel safe. I've never had one before but when I accidentally press it, it works whether I am outside on somewhere else.

June 17th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

It was very confusing in the beginning because I didn't understand the way it works.

Charles
June 17th, 2019 Tehama, CA DETAILS

It works great and I am glad I have it in case of an emergency. The one I have, you have to be within yelling range of the unit.

Vicki
June 17th, 2019 Hammond, LA DETAILS

My son did all the investigating of it and he liked Medical Guardian best. I feel safer at home. They answered all my questions and were very informative and patient.

John
June 17th, 2019 Cudahy, WI DETAILS

My husband loves it. Customer support is really good. I would recommend them to all my family.

June 17th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I like security and the fact that if something happens, I can get someone here immediately. The thing I was unhappy with is how long it took to get here; it was almost two weeks.

William
June 17th, 2019 Rockwell, NC DETAILS

The medical alert device works very good and I use it very often.

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I haven't had any problems, everything is fine so far. Once I leaned against it and it went off and someone immediately answered even though I didn't have a problem.