Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Eddie
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian is easy and convenient. They answer when I call and they make sure everything is working promptly.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Eddie, It is our pleasure and we're happy your device is working great! Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian.

John
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I like it fine, though the wristwatch makes it hard to take my shirt off. The response has been fine, initially I thought it took a bit long but it actually did not. I would certainly recommend medical guardian.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi John, Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Gives me peace of my mind that my mother has it. It very simple and when we tested it, it was very satisfying and everything was fine. They answer my questions and they were prompt and helpful.

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I test it and the answer. It is a good thing I have the wrist thing and a necklace because I can't have anything on my skin made of oil and I have already got dermatitis from it.

Linda
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I dislike the fact that it doesn't hold a charge for even twelve hours.

Elizabeth
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Buttons are big and easy for my ninety two year old grandma to use and the person who answers when we test it is loud enough. They stay on the line and knew her by name. Their customer support is really good too. There was no sales pressure. There is no commitment. It is easy to set up and the device works with no problems. It's good for your money and they are trustworthy.

Betty
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Knowing someone is at the touch of a button and available to help is the best part. When we test it, they are quick it respond and are courteous and very kind and very concerned. We apprentice having them and we're very thankful.

Jun 04, 2019

Hello Betty, We're happy that you're happy about help being one button press away. We appreciate you and hope to keep you protected for a long time! Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Stephanie
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Convenient for me and I feel safer with it. I am ninety years old and all I have to do is push the button on the watch.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Stephanie, We hope you never have to use it but is always there if you need it. We're happy that you feel protected and safer with it. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Rochelle
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

They did speak to me and explain how it worked when I had a problem charging it. I like the fact it is on my wrist as opposed to hanging around my neck because I found that very annoying, especially while I was sleeping. Everything worked out okay when I tested it.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Rochelle, We're glad you got what you needed that best fit your needs! Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Pauline
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I sleep a lot better at night knowing she Medical Guardian. She has has no problems with it whatsoever. It was very easy to set up and easy to use.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Pauline, We're happy that you're sleeping better at night! Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Elise
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Would definitely recommended. I like that my grandmother is able to press it at any time and just get an emergency service or me or my aunt. When we tested it the operator was talking through the device like a phone. I didn't know much when I signed up but it was a really fast process and they made it easy for me. I trust the company and the technology. I really like and so does my grandmother.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Elise, We're glad you and your grandmother are having a pleasant experience with the device! We are happy to be there for her if she ever needs help. Thank you!

Catherine
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Extremely sensitive, I have to be careful with it because it records anything. It is simple to charge and I use it mostly when I am not at home.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Catherine, We're sorry that the false alarms are going off but if you're wearing a neck pendant, it helps to tuck the button underneath your clothing and higher up on your chest so it doesn't dangle too much which may be setting off the false alarms. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Clarence
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Used it by mistake the other day and I like the responsiveness of the device.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Clarence, We're glad you didn't need it for an emergency but it is there if you need it. We're happy that you're happy about the responsiveness of the device!

Colette
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian is easy to use and the device is good.

Jun 04, 2019

Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian Colette!

Shirley
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I would recommend Medical Guardian. It works fine when I test it and I was answered right away. It is here for my safety.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Shirley, We're glad you're quick response times - exactly what you would want if you ever experienced an emergency. We hope it gives you the peace of mind you were looking for. Thank you!

Misty
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The best thing is the ease of use and it is very responsive.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Misty, We're happy you're satisfied with the device! Thank you for being a valuable part of the Medical Guardian Family!

Elizabeth
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It seems to be made well and is easy to use. I like that it is with me always though I don't know if I like the necklace, I'd maybe like the bracelet better.

May 22, 2019

Elizabeth, thank you so much for your review! If you think you might prefer to wear one of our wrist pendants rather than our neck pendants, then please give us a call, and one of our Customer Care representatives would happily discuss alternative options for wearability. Thanks again for your review, and have a great day. Medical Guardian Customer Care 1-800-313-1191

Mary
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I've tested every month since I've had it and the response time seems to be really quick and I appreciate that. Everybody's been very courteous and quick it answer the phone. I would like the wristband also because it has a feature where out can talk directly to it in an emergency.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Mary, If you are interested in the Freedom Guardian, our all-in-one device that can be worn on your wrist, please give our Customer Care Department a call at 1 (800) 313-1191 to discuss its features and see if it would be a good fit for your lifestyle and needs. Thank you!

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The time I tested it, everything went so smooth. It is easy and comforting, I am glad I have it.

Jun 04, 2019

Hello, We're glad everything is smooth sailing on your end. Thank you!

Yolanda
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The best part is it is comfortable and so far it very good.

Jun 04, 2019

Hi Yolanda, We're happy that you're comfortable with the device. We hope you never need it but will be there if you do!

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The right hole is too loose but the next one is too little but other than that it is okay.

Jun 05, 2019

Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian! If you are having any issues, please reach out to us via Live Chat, via email at [email protected], or give us a call at 1 (800) 313-1191.

Ed
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Everything tested fine. Customer service is very pleasant and helpful. The security it gives me is priceless.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Ed, We're happy you feel secure with our devices. We hope you never have to use it, but it will always be there if you need it. Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian family!

Michael
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The last time I tested it, when they set it up, it worked fine.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Michael, We're happy that your device is working fine. Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian family!

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service was able to solve our problems over the phone. If something happens, it works, which we know by testing it.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi! We're happy that the device is working fine for you and our Customer Care Team was able to resolve your issues. If you need anything else, we're here to help. Thank you!

Raymond
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I recommended it to two fellows this morning. I know a man that had it and had a stroke and it saved his life. I enjoy having it with me and it is not an inconvenience.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Raymond, Thank you so much for your referrals! Wow, we're really happy that he had it during an emergency! We hope he's doing fine now and hope he doesn't need to use it but is always there if he does. Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian Family!

Cecilia
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

A very good product for seniors and people with disabilities. It works really well for my mom, it is easy to work and makes it accessible for EMS to get the fire and police. The respond within a minute. They are very courteous and professional and they assist well.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Cecilia, We're happy it's working well for your mom and works as intended. We appreciate your business and thank you for allowing us to help protect your mother! Thank you.

Lawrence
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I think the company is good. We haven't had it long but so far it has been good. I would recommend Medical Guardian.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Lawrence, Thank you so much for your review. We hope you never have to use it but is always there if you needed it. Thank you and we appreciate you!

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Like that I can wear it in the shower. I feel safe and I think they're wonderful, as shoes my friend at church.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Anonymous! We don't know who you are but we like that you can feel safe and protected in the shower should anything happen. We sure hope nothing does happen but you have that peace of mind always. Thank you!

Jeannerre
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The device is a little expensive. Customer service answered me on the machine right away when I was testing it.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Jeannerre, If you'd be interested in a more economical device that still fits your needs, please reach out to us via Live Chat, via email at [email protected], or give us a call at 1 (800) 313-1191. Thank you so much for choosing Medical Guardian!

Geraldine
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

have already recommended it to friends and family. It gives me a sense of security. That I didn't realize I was lacking. All I have to do is press a button should I need to. They call to make sure I tested it and was happy with it.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Geraldine, Thank you SO much for recommending us to your friends and family. We greatly appreciate that! We hope that you never have to use it but it will always be there just in case you do! Yes, we recommend testing all of your buttons at least once a month.

Mary Jean
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It seems to be working very well, though before it seemed to be too long.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Mary Jean, We recommend you test your device at least once a month. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Joseph
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I don't like that the battery does not last long when you charge it.

May 22, 2019

Joseph, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and hope you have a great day!

Linda
May 21st, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

The sales representative was very helpful. It gives comfort to my sister who we signed up for medical alert. The tests were successful and complete and it is appears it will work fine when we need it.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Linda, We're glad we got you the right device and your sister has the peace of mind that she was looking for! Welcome to the Medical Guardian Family!

Rosanne
May 21st, 2019 Auburn Hills, MI DETAILS

Not as expensive as other companies. My mother has used it a few times. I have not had any problems with their customer service.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello, Thank you so much for choosing Medical Guardian! We appreciate you.

May 21st, 2019 Fremont, OH DETAILS

Like the satisfaction of knowing that I have something on my body I can use. So far it has been good and I am satisfied with it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Anonymous, We don't know who you are but it makes us smile to know that you're satisfied with our devices and that you'd recommend it to anyone! Thank you so much for choosing Medical Guardian!

Darlene
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Very prompt and courteous when it went off. They asked me several times if I was okay It is really good to have.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Darlene, We're very happy to know that you've gotten a little guardian angel around just in case you ever need emergency assistance. Let's hope you never have to actually use it but there just in case!

May 21st, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I don't have any problems with it. I am very happy with the company. They repair when I made a mistake then called immediately.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Anonymous, We're not sure who you are but we're happy that you're happy with Medical Guardian. We're always there to help! Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian Family!

Olive Jane
May 21st, 2019 North Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Feel safe wearing it. It is a little heavy but I guess it has to be because I have the GPS.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Olive, We're glad that you feel safe with this potentially life-saving device! We're here to be your little guardian angels. It sounds like you may have one of our all-in-one units which have everything built in, so it may be a little heavier than the other non all-in-one units. Being able to communicate with an operator straight through the device is a huge plus for our customers. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Nan
May 21st, 2019 Kernersville, NC DETAILS

Customer service is my favorite part. They are friendly and helpful. I have tested it one time and everything went well and worked out really nice. I have recommended it to friends.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Nan, We're glad you received some legendary Customer Service from our lovely Customer Care agents! As a reminder, please test your device at least once a month. Thank you for recommending it to your friends! We appreciate you, Nan.

Larry
May 21st, 2019 Culbertson, NE DETAILS

Happy with what I use it for. It is more freedom to move around so that in case I fall I can get help. It tested out fine. Whenever I call customer service, it is taken care of.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Larry, It makes us smile when we know our customers have more freedom to live their lives freely! Welcome to the Medical Guardian Family, Larry!

Rena
May 21st, 2019 Newnan, GA DETAILS

Knowing my mother can get help when I am not around is something I like. I also like that there are multiple devices, in case you can't reach one, you have options. I like the fat that you don't have to have a phone line and it is completely GPS. They people I spoke with were very helpful and I had a good experience.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Rena, We're glad you've had a great experience so far! Thank you for letting us help protect your mother!

Marilyn
May 21st, 2019 Dublin, OH DETAILS

Service is very good, they answer all your questions. The device is excellent and I feel safe now. The only thing I don't like is the necklace hanging around my neck, it bothers me but there is not much than can do so it has been good. It is expensive but I recommend it highly.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Marilyn, We're glad that you're happy with our service and that you feel safe! If you'd like to try out different devices for example, an all-in-one wrist option (Freedom Guardian), we'd be happy to describe its features to you to see if that would be a better fit for you. You can reach out to us via Live Chat, via email at [email protected], or give us a call at 1 (800) 313-1191.

Mardie
May 21st, 2019 Stratford, WI DETAILS

Frustrated by the fact that it has made several calls a couple of times when she didn't mean to. It is a bit of a trial period. It is a good deal. It did get her immediate results we she accidentally triggered it.

May 22, 2019

Mardie, thank you so much for your review! We understand your frustration regarding false alarms, but we are glad that you find it to be a good deal, and that the immediate results provide you with some reassurance. Thanks again for your review, and have a great day!

Jo
May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I like it because it works very well. We've had a couple of incidents were it has gone off by accident and they responded rapidly and took care of the problem right away. I think the device is great.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Jo, Sorry we didn't mean to bother you but just wanted to check up on you to make sure you were okay! We can't take that risk of not checking. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Lois
May 21st, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

The people I have talked to have been great and so is the device. I'm very confident with it. I have already recommended Medical Guardian to several of my friends. I don't like the black spring, I want more colors.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Lois, We're happy you feel confident with your device. Thank you so much for recommending Medical Guardian to several of your friends, we appreciate that truly. We will look into different color options in the future as well, so we appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!

Ann
May 21st, 2019 McGill, NV DETAILS

I like everything so far. I feel more comfortable having it and knowing I will be able to get help if I fall or if something happens. I've tested it and it works fine. They're very good at answering all my little questions. I've already recommended it to several friends.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Ann, We're happy that you feel more comfortable and have that peace of mind that help is just a button press away should you need help! Also, thank you so much for recommending us to your friends. Thank you for being apart of the Medical Guardian Family!

Oxana
May 21st, 2019 Arlington, VA DETAILS

I use it frequently and I like the service.

Jun 05, 2019

Hello Oxana, We're glad that you have one of our devices to assist you whenever you need it. Thank you so much!

Paula
May 21st, 2019 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

Watch is too big and clunky and it went off one time by accident and I could not figure out how to shut it off but they did answer right away.

May 22, 2019

Paula, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. If you would like to speak with a Customer Care Specialist regarding false alarms and how to cancel them then we would be happy to receive your call! We are glad that you felt reassured with our response time, and are happy to provide you with peace of mind. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day! Medical Guardian Customer Care: 1-800-313-1191

May 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The original one that I had, I liked better. This one is too heavy to wear on m neck. Everyone is very kind and courteous when I have called with a problem.

Jun 05, 2019

Hi Anonymous, We're not sure who you are or where you're leaving this review from but we're happy that everyone that you've spoken to was very kind and courteous to you. It sounds like you might have one of our all-in-one devices. We're sorry it's heavy around your neck but we have to fit so many components into one device. We are looking into solutions in the future to make it smaller so it's not uncomfortable. Thank you!

James
May 21st, 2019 Lomax, IL DETAILS

I dislike it because it did not work when my grandfather fell and broke his hip. It did not respond.

May 22, 2019

James, thank you so much for your review! We are sorry for your experience and hope your grandfather is recovering well from the emergency described here. We will look into what happened in this instance, and thank you for your feedback. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thank you for your review, and we hope you have a great day.