Best Company Guarantee Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

9.2

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

I'm pleased with it. The device kept coming undone and so I contacted the customer service and they sent me a new lanyard and it works perfectly now. The only complaint that I have is I don't like the lock box thing for them to get into the house. It went off accidentally when I leaned against to the counter and I had immediate communication with them.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Norma

It's heavy, but I like it. It serves the purpose and but I think I would have preferred a bracelet that something lighter, maybe with a chain or something. What was around my neck looks like a grey cord. One time I tested it, I didn't mean to, but I was putting groceries in the car and I guess it hit something and it went off. I wasn't accustomed to someone talking to me so it was a surprise but it was good. I'm satisfied with it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Norma.

Sarah Hedrick

It was extremely easy to sign up. It only took a few minutes over the phone, and I didn't have to select a bunch of different options or wait on hold to speak to an agent. Leon answered personally and walked me through the whole process and answered all of my questions. It is a simple system, easy to set up, and came very quickly. I recommend it to family.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Sarah Hedrick. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Sara

The device belongs to my mother-in-law and I can speak to how much she's enjoying it. I think it's easy for her to use and she feels comfortable that help would be there because it's around her neck and it's much easier than some other things that she's had in her past. She tests it monthly and and it's been easy for her to understand and the response is excellent.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. We are a mission-based company, dedicated to helping our customers stay independent with dignity. Our customer service team is staffed with highly empathetic folks who really care about our community. Your review will be shared internally to recognize their great work. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 26th, 2023

Linda

It's just been an easy setup, easy transition. There's been no hassle in getting things started like I've had with previous companies. First time I tested it, Medical Guardian immediately picked up and answered, and then one day my mother had taken it off and laid it down and I guess it registered as a fall. They immediately called her and then called me, so they were very quick to respond.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Linda. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 22nd, 2023

Marguerite

The first time I used it was a funny story. I was putting a cover on top of a bowl in my kitchen, and all of a sudden I heard a voice. I came into my living room and it turned out I had banged the cover hard enough where it had jarred the medical device, so they were wondering if I needed help, if I had an emergency. It just assured me that somebody will be there if I need them.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Marguerite. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 22nd, 2023

Shirley Cape Coral, FL

Customer Review Video

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Shirley! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

May. 31st, 2023

Frieda Oakdale, CA

I have used both the necklace and the watch. The necklace was forever getting in my way. As I am less than 5 feet tall and it banged against counters. Also, bending forward to look in my purse, the necklace device dangled in front of me, and blocked my view. I could not wear it to bed as the lanyard was a choking hazard. There is a clip device but it was made with a man's use in mind. I much prefer the watch. But I have found the watch will not count my steps if I am holding onto my walker. I like being able to make a yearly payment, with no monthly hassle.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Frieda!

Jun. 14th, 2023

Milton Silver Spring, MD

Easy to use, device is lightweight when worn in lanyard fashion around the neck, is easily recharged, has a lighting system to show recharging status, has a lockbox feature for potential future entrances to our home if I don't respond after a fall and above all, ---does work! (I dropped it once and very quickly a voice came on the line and asked if I was all right.)

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Milton. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 14th, 2023

Sandra Charleston, WV

When you charge it, it does say it's charging and I can tell if it's low or not. Everybody I've talked to can answer the questions that I need and I feel secure with having the company taking care of me. It's close to me at all times when I need it, especially when I go out by myself and I know all I have to do is push a button if I get in trouble. I feel very insecure if I don't have it with me.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for your wonderful and thoughtful review. We will share this with our teams to further inspire them to continue to do our best to add an extra layer of security and protection for our current and potential customers.

Joyce Schererville, IN

I feel safe when I walk. I'm not worried about falling in my house anymore. We tested it the day that my daughter hooked it up for me and we had no problems whatsoever going through in having someone contact us right back. It was very good. A couple of times I have totally leaned against it and they're on the line almost immediately to see if I'm alright.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Joyce! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Jeanie Marco Island, FL

I would definitely recommend. They've always been there. I had one problem with the necklace on it and they sent me a piece right away. Replaced it to solved the problem that I had. When I needed professional help and I called them and they made sure they got here. It always works for me, even when I've had a mistake and dropped it, they asked if I've fallen. It's very handy in case I need it again.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Jeanie, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Roger Twin Falls, ID

It seems to work and it's a very good device for me. I pressed it accidentally and they responded instantly. The the lady said is there something I can do for you? And I told her that I just pressed the button accidentally and that was all. Everything apparently works on it. Very handy to take care of. I can wear it on my belt and and beside myself when I go to bed.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Roger! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Sandra McKinney, TX

There is no hassle, don't even know anybody's there or anything until you push the button, and there's usually a fairly fairly quick response and that's it. I've tested it many times and it's always been working. I did have to use it one time and I felt it was good. I felt the people that come work could have been a little faster, maybe, but I lived.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are so glad you got the help you need!

Carl Morrisville, PA

Easy to use and gives me peace of mind. I've had no problems with it. My husband has some dementia issues and every once in a while he'd press the button and set it off. Everybody was very kind about it. They're always there when I need them. I'm perfectly satisfied with the device and I feel comfortable leaving my husband alone when he he's here alone and he has a way to get in touch with someone if he needs someone.

Deanna Sandpoint, ID

It's sensitive, so you really have to be careful of how you wear it because you can inadvertently set it off. I've just made mine shorter so that I don't lean on it over the kitchen sink. They were always courteous and there at the time that we called. I wish that it would cover more territory, like when I'm in the car in downtown, but I don't think it does.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Deanna! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Anonymous Baxter, MN

I'm wearing the pendant around my neck. It's good to know that I have it in case I do have an emergency. It stays charged for a significant amount of time and I put it on the charger until I know that it's completely charged again. It's there around my neck or in my purse when I travel. The company has reached out to me more than once to make sure that I have what I need.

George

They answered very quickly ask if I needed help. I told them it was just a test.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review George! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Feb. 5th, 2024

Donald Minneola, FL

I had a problem where if I was falling 20+ times. It was medicine that I was taking, but it took us 6 months to figure that out. When I fell, it's not good. You get hurt when you fall, but I wasn't strong enough to get up because the medicine that was impacting me was a very strong muscle relaxer and I had a very high dosage. So every time I fell I couldn't get up. My family was concerned and had to come check on me, and the other times they called 911 for an ambulance and I went to the hospital. I'd fall at night, have to make my way all the way to my living room to try to pull myself up on my chair, and I wasn't strong enough to do that. Medical Guardian has warned me every time, or asked me every time If I had fallen and connected me to operators, were ready to call me an ambulance or get my family down there. Any of those things that would have resolved that problem. It's very precise and Medical Guardian has helped me in every case. I haven't had any issues since I did get it. They're always there for me and I will keep it for the rest of my life. I'm a really happy customer and I really appreciate it.

Apr. 21st, 2023

Carol Philadelphia, PA

I thought I was going to have to send it back. After I got it and turned it on, everything was fine for quite a bit, and then one day I went to press the little black button on the side to find out what time it was, and it didn't work. This went on for 2 or 3 days and I just was so busy I didn't have time to call or package it up. So on the day that I decided I was going to send it, I was looking through the literature to find out where I'm going to send this back to, and I happen to read this thing. It said if you haven't used it in awhile you have to hold the the black button in for at least 20 seconds, which I didn't realize I had to do. And as soon as I did that it worked fine. I like it a lot.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Carol. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Apr. 21st, 2023

Lisa stewart NA

Customer Review Video

Robert Calabasas, CA

It is easy to use. Large enough to not be lost. When ever I test, it is always accurate to where I am

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Robert. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jan. 25th, 2024

Terry

When I ordered it, the guy was nice. I tested it when I first got it, and that was it. We haven't needed it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Terry, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Jan. 8th, 2024

I've pushed the button by mistake a couple times and they've been very friendly. They're friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review.

Dec. 5th, 2023

Joan Cocoa Beach, FL

My 94-year old mother is wearing g the Medical Guardian Alert! She is quite happy with it and feels safe & secure knowing help is a push button away! Thank you!

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Joan! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Nov. 28th, 2023

Daniel

I tested it once. That's been the only time I've really used it. I was able to connect with the office pretty easily. I could understand what there thinking and vice versa, so that worked well.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Daniel! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Nov. 20th, 2023

Carolyn Anderson Toledo, IA

I have fallen several times and all but one I got a call to help me. They got my blood pressure shaped up so I'm not falling anymore, but I still have it on today. They have answered right away when I call in.

Nov. 8th, 2023

Chin

It's for my mother-in-law. And I don't think they have any questions or problems or inconvenience that's going on, so she's pretty satisfied about it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Chin! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Nov. 8th, 2023

Kat andy Sparta, NJ

I like this mg watch, I do wish it was a little smaller. It's fine in the shower and the band is very adjustable. Coverage could be better as mine is consistently yellow. It charges well, but only complaint is the voice that tells you it is charged is too loud! I am not hard of hearing. My downstairs neighbor can hear it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Kat!

Dec. 6th, 2023

The system works pretty well in terms of them calling, and if I say, no, I'm okay, they respond pretty quick. It's just very frustrating that that really only works for me if I'm near the set and I most need it when I'm in the breezeway or on my patio when I cannot verbally communicate with anyone. It would be nice if my little pendant could communicate verbally.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hi, we received your review and we definitely understand your concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Medical Guardian, we pride ourselves in providing a great experience and peace of mind to our customers, and we want to make sure you receive nothing less. You can reach us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Lou

My dad uses Medical Guardian and I was promised a $50 gift certificate when I signed my father-in-law up for the device, but that wasn't provided - the person that provided the gift card I think gave $20 or $25 and said that she had no knowledge of $50. So I think it's deceptive selling. There's that issue and then the wristband that we got was broken.

Reply from Medical Guardian

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with one of our representatives. We will take the time to look into this situation and provide the necessary evaluation and retraining for the customer care representative. Again, we apologize for any difficulties you may have had. At Medical Guardian, we pride ourselves in providing a great customer experience and we want to make sure you receive nothing less. If you wish to discuss this matter further, you can reach us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Eula

It's always there. I haven't used it that much to say how good it really is. It fell off one time when I was doing something and it just said, fall detected, and then I just said, no fall.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Eula.

Carlton

I haven't had to use it, although I have pushed it by mistake and there's always somebody right there. I did test it once to show a friend how it worked and that was excellent.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Carlton.

Linda

I'm pleased with it right now. It's working fine for what I need. They were right there when I dropped it, you know, to see if there was anything wrong. So other than that, I haven't really dealt with anybody. For the money, I would say it's okay.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Linda!

Malvina

I guess it's pretty good quality. I really haven't looked at it a whole bunch. The gentleman that helped me over the phone, I had gotten a hold of him on e-mail. He got back to me very quickly, helped me set it up, and answered all my questions. He was really nice.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Malvina! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Patricia

I feel it's valuable. Gives me a sense of security. I've wondered if there's ever any warning that your battery is wearing down if you forget to charge it. But that's all, there's nothing that's really a problem.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Patricia! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Max

Apparently I must have knocked it or something because they called me and wanted to know if I needed help and I said no, I didn't, I didn't call you. I must have just bumped into it or something.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Max.

James

They're very polite when I call. All I do is call and be sure that I've got enough charge on it. They just charged me $30.00 a month and then all of a sudden it went to $40 a month.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you, James. We appreciate your review, as we strive to offer our customers the best customer care possible.

Mary West Columbia, SC

I've had a couple of falls, and guardian did not register them at all. Didn't acknowledge them the only time that it acknowledged. A potential fall was when it, the necklace itself dropped off of the edge of the dresser and hit the floor . Otherwise I am very happy with it

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hi Mary. We take feedback like this very seriously and we are reviewing everything on our end to ensure something like this never happens again. If you’d like to reach us directly, you can call 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Eddie Washington, DC

When my boyfriend had an emergency and pushed the button, the operator obtained the information needed and got help heading his way. I then received my call advising me of what happened. Very efficient. Thank you

Sam Atlanta, GA

It’s been wonderful not having to worry about my dad when I’m unable to be there with him. I used to worry about him falling and not knowing. Thanks for the peace of mind.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Sam! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Rose Cummings Kansas City, MO

It would be good to have for someone that Is really in need of it. Period period but for someone like me. That had a couple falls, it's. Too much I need to have and never use it. But it's a good thing never use it, however, however. I think there should be a discount if you don't use often also, also, the lock pad pad is very hard to get into and the instructions on how to. Make sure that the emergency units have that information isn't clear.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hi Rose, we received your review and we apologize for the issues you are experiencing. If you have not yet had a chance to speak with our customer care team, a representative will be happy to help resolve this problem. You can reach us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sep. 7th, 2023

Gene

It's been very, very helpful with my mom. They'll they'll call me if she's in trouble. And it has happened many times, so I'm very grateful for them. It worked very well. When my mother pushed the button, they called me, which is exactly what I needed.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Gene, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Carl

I haven't used it for an emergency yet. So main thing that it's something that's nearby if I don't have the phone with me. That if I could fall, I need help I have immediate service. It's a comfort to have it, but it was expensive.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Carl!

Ched

My great aunt lives with me, and the device provides her a sense of security. She can get a hold of somebody if she needs assistance. When we pushed the button for a test, they responded and the device was fine.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Ched! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Robert Susanville, CA

instantly available they know there job!

Feb. 16th, 2024

Linda Crone Columbia, TN

My Medical Guardian device responds immediately when it detects what may be a fall. Fortunately, I haven’t had a real emergency since I started wearing my device, but I feel certain that I would get an immediate response if that happened.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Linda Crone. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jul. 17th, 2023

Naomi Cathey Carlsbad, NM

So far the mini has been good. The dog hit the button and a representative was right on it. Thankfully she hasn't had any need for help. We got our mother the mini because she can wear it everywhere and you don't have to have a device in different rooms, and she has it when goes out. Our only disappointment is the representative that we worked with to go the device said we would be able to see where mom was at all times on the app. That isn't true, it only shows here at her home. That was a big disappointment for us, but at least she wears it all the time and charges it weekly.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Naomi Cathey. I am sorry to hear about your poor experience with our product. I would suggest calling our customer care team at 1-800-313-1191. They will be able to assist you with your product.

Jul. 5th, 2023

Lucy Wallingford, CT

My mother wears the medical guardian Pendant. She finds it very easy to charge and is happy to be able to occasionally press the button to test it. Phone communication has been easy, clear and helpful. We all feel better that she is with Medical Guardian. I only gave 4 stars because I can't rate how quick a response would be if there were a need for her to press the button in case of an emergency, but the services we've used so far have been very good.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you, Lucy. We appreciate your review, as we strive to offer our customers the best customer care possible.

P.

I like that it isn't faulty, I have no problem using it and I feel very safe with it on. I live on 3rd floor in an apartment building with no elevato. If I did fall, I feel safe everywhere with the Guardian hanging around my neck.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review P.! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.