Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Ruth
January 14th, 2019 Hudgins, VA DETAILS

Every time I've called the customer service they've been very responsive.

Mabel
January 14th, 2019 Centerville, UT DETAILS

They were very responsive when I called in about hooking it up and everybody was very helpful.

Carol
January 14th, 2019 Upland, CA DETAILS

I have had them call me a couple times when I've accidentally bumped it and so I feel like they're on the ball. I feel like they've been very competent so far.

Trudie
January 14th, 2019 Saluda, SC DETAILS

They return the calls unlike some of the other companies that were kind of slow in returning the call when I asked questions. The button on the device is pushed and they called me immediately.

January 14th, 2019 Clearfield, UT DETAILS

One time I had to call because the device had to be replaced because it got wet and they took care of that in just a couple days.

Shalonda L
January 14th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Everybody is really nice to talk to. They talk to you in a respectful manner. They answer questions respectfully and properly.

Patricia
January 14th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

The people that work there are so nice and helpful and they've been really good to me. They're just really nice people and their employees sure have been helpful and very courteous. I got the GPS on it so I go away from the house and that works beautifully and I got a wrist strap that looks really nice.

Susan
January 14th, 2019 Delaware, OH DETAILS

The times we did use the device, it worked great. People showed up right away. Everything they said it would do, it actually did perfectly.

Martha
January 14th, 2019 Rome, GA DETAILS

Everybody I've talked to is at the top. They just explain everything where I can understand what they're saying and they're just real helpful.

Heidi
January 14th, 2019 Englewood, FL DETAILS

The device was very easy to set up and today the electricity went out a couple of times and it let me know which was very nice.

Belinda
January 14th, 2019 Richardson, TX DETAILS

All of my questions were answered when I called and they followed up with me.

January 14th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Whenever I have had a question about something, the customer support always give me an answer.

Giorgib
January 15th, 2019 Kennebunkport, ME DETAILS

The quality of the product is inferior. Especially, the string used to attach neck rope to transponder. it fell apart..

Jim Smith
January 14th, 2019 Chandler, AZ

So far, I haven't gotten the unit yet, company said I would get a tracking number emailed to me, no email. Called the company, unit should have been here by end on the day Friday the 11th, Saturday afternoon, still no unit. Not happy with the unit, but then again I don't have a unit.

Jan 14, 2019

Jim, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you did not receive your unit as expected. We can certainly look into the status of your you. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the full name of the device user (if different), their address and phone number, we will look into the status of the device and be in touch. Have a great day!

P. L. Quimby
January 11th, 2019 DETAILS

This was purchased for my 89 yr old mother. She doesn't hear well and can't hear the dispatcher often when they respond to her alert. A way to increase the speaker volume on the base unit would correct this. I am pleased to report that Medical Guardian's customer service and operations departments quickly and thoroughly addressed all of the issues that I brought to their attention. They even called my elderly mother and made sure that she is comfortable with the volume level on her base unit. They also noted in her response info that their dispatchers need to speak slowly and clearly so that she can hear and understand their questions. This is how all companies should handle customer concerns. Nice job!! We gladly now give them five stars!

Jan 09, 2019

P.L. thank you for the review. With regards to your mother's device, rest assured that even if she can't hear the dispatcher on the other line, she will get the help she needs in an emergency. If she pushes her button and can't hear dispatch, or they can't hear her, they will assume an emergency is occurring and respond accordingly. Additionally, some of our products offer the ability to increase the volume of the base unit, so we may be able help her out there as well, depending on which product she is using. So we can better research her particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your mother's account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with her full name, address and phone number, we will look into your concerns. Thanks again for reaching out!

Betty
January 10th, 2019 California, MO DETAILS

The ambulance got there very quickly and I was impressed by the speed of the response.

Jan 11, 2019

Betty, we're happy to have been able to get you the help you needed during an emergency situation. Have a great weekend!

Robert
January 10th, 2019 Ephrata, PA DETAILS

I am getting older and I feel like I needed a medical alert system. I feel very comfortable with my Medical Guardian pendant.

Cecelia
January 10th, 2019 Pineville, NC DETAILS

They offered me a good plan, but I am thinking about canceling because the box that connects to the telephone has wires hanging out and it looks terrible. I do like how they give you a necklace and a bracelet for options. I wear the necklace all the time and it doesn't bother me at all.

Jan 11, 2019

Cecelia, thank you for the review. We offer a variety of products to meet the different needs of our customers. We offer medical alert systems with cellular connectivity built in eliminating the need for as many wires, so we may be able to get you set up with a system that better meets your needs. If you are interested in hearing more about other options that are available to you, please reply directly to this message with your full name, address and phone number and we will reach out. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. Have a great day!

January 10th, 2019 Lutherville, MD DETAILS

I was pleased with the presentation. It fit into everything I needed. The charging machine takes up very little space and is neat looking.

Lulu Frances
January 10th, 2019 Monett, MO DETAILS

They have been very helpful, especially when we were setting it up.'

Lynn
January 10th, 2019 Oak Creek, WI DETAILS

The whole set up was taken care of quickly and professionally. It is convenient because you can wear it around your wrist or neck. It has a reasonable price.

Susan
January 10th, 2019 Mohawk, NY DETAILS

It is very convenient and I am very pleased with the people I have talked to. I accidentally hit my button when at the grocery store and a man responded right away to make sure I was okay.

January 10th, 2019 Monroe, IA DETAILS

I bought it through Costco and it has been very helpful and it works well.

Eric
January 10th, 2019 Westlake Village, CA DETAILS

They are always there to respond and are always friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. It is easy to use and I always get a prompt response.

Barbara
January 10th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I hit my button by accident once and when they called, I just told them it was an accident and they took care of it. The person I talked to on the phone was very helpful and informative.

Evelyn
January 10th, 2019 Warwick, NY DETAILS

I wear the Medical Guardian around my neck and it hasn't given me any problems. The people I spoke to were very happy sounding.

Riitta And Niina
January 10th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

I like how you can receive a full refund up to 6 months after purchasing, including the monthly fee. I wear it 24/7. Everyone is very informative and helpful. It gives me peace of mind.

Elizabeth
January 10th, 2019 Bay Village, OH DETAILS

I chose Medical Guardian because it tracks your GPS location so you can be anywhere and press the button to receive help. They were very professional and I could tell that they cared about their job.

Arthur
January 10th, 2019 Coldspring, TX DETAILS

The representative I talked to was knowledgeable and helped me solve my problem. I love how I can take it outside of my house. When I accidentally pressed the button, they answered immediately and made sure I was okay.

Jenny
January 10th, 2019 Greenville, MI DETAILS

They were responsive when we inquired about the item and during setup. The unit is always available to wear.

January 10th, 2019 Owatonna, MN DETAILS

I wear my Medical Guardian daily and take it everywhere I go. My children no longer worry about my safety. It works well and is very comfortable.

Helen
January 10th, 2019 Nyssa, OR DETAILS

I bought my Medical Guardian because it was rated very well online. I haven't had any problems with it.

January 10th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS

Medical Guardian is the first emergency response device that I have had and it is great. They helped me set up everything and it was good.

Tom
January 10th, 2019 Richmond, CA DETAILS

I wear the wristband on a typical day and charge it at night. Luckily , I haven't had to use it, but the interactions I have had with customer service have been fine.

Naomi
January 10th, 2019 Live Oak, FL DETAILS

I wear the bracelet all day and I don't worry any more. I haven't had to deal with them since I bought the device. It has been a success.

Diane
January 10th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

The only thing I don't like is that it is a little too big and too heavy and the charge doesn't last for 5 days as advertised.'

Jan 11, 2019

Diane, thank you for the review. We can certainly look into your concerns regarding battery life on your device. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Have a great weekend!

Jeanne
January 10th, 2019 Pittsboro, NC DETAILS

After I got my Medical Guardian, I fell a lot and all I had to do was push the button on my necklace and within 15 minutes, people were at my door ready to help me. I haven't had to wait forever or had a bad experience with them. I am very pleased with it.

Marcia
January 10th, 2019 Sanford, NC DETAILS

I like how you can use it in the shower in case you have an accident. During the set up I got all the help I needed.'

January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. They were accommodating and took the time to explain everything.

January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They have been very responsive to any questions that I have had. It is easy to use and is clear and easy to hear. The product is great so far.