Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Alane
January 10th, 2019 Springfield, MO DETAILS

I feel safe knowing that it is there. I am not afraid when I am alone anymore.'

Lois
January 10th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

They have been responsive when we have called to check it. They were very friendly and very professional. The strap was too long so we had to cut it.

Betty
January 10th, 2019 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

They were very helpful in getting everything hooked up and explaining everything to me.

H
January 10th, 2019 Edenton, NC DETAILS

It is very user friendly. When I accidentally pressed the button, someone came on immediately and asked me if I needed assistance.

Mariam
January 10th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

It has been very nice so far. I accidentally hit the button once and they came right on asking me if I was okay. I like the bracelet better than the necklace.

Morton
January 10th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

There was no one available to help me set it up on the weekends. They didn't get my GPS signal right when the tested it. It said I was several miles away so I am not sure if it works.

Jan 11, 2019

Morton, thank you for reaching out. Our Customer Care department is available 7 days a week, from 9 AM to 9 PM EST on weekdays and 9 AM to 5 PM EST on weekends. We should be able to help you out with the difficulties you've been having with your device. If you would like for us to give you a call to troubleshoot further, please reply directly to this message with your full name, address, and phone number. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. We thank you for the feedback.

Bobby
January 10th, 2019 Thomasville, NC DETAILS

I wear the necklace and bracelet in the house and take the protable unit with me when I travel. They were very helpful and compassionate when answering my initial questions.

Harriet & Paul
January 10th, 2019 Marietta, OH DETAILS

It is nice being able to go out in the community and still use the device. It was easy to order, interact with, and understand. It gives me peace of mind. The key box is a great feature.

Louetta And Jack
January 10th, 2019 Richmond, IN DETAILS

I wear the pendant around my neck and I feel very secure.

Gladys
January 10th, 2019 Warren, MI DETAILS

I have had it for two months and it has been very good. They did a lot to go through the instructions very thoroughly.

Betty
January 10th, 2019 Auburn, IN DETAILS

I just wish that the GPS feature was featured in the regular necklace so I don't have to breing a separate device with me every time I go outside.

January 10th, 2019 Erlanger, KY DETAILS

They did a great job setting it up and explaining everything.

Judy
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They were very helpful getting the device to me and activating it. They are always there if I need them. It makes me feel secure and gives my children peace of mind.

Kathy
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

The set up was excellent and any time I needed to contact them they were always very helpful. It is very convenient and comfortable.

January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service was very responsive and respectful.

Ruben
January 10th, 2019 Killeen, TX DETAILS

My husband did accidentally press the button and immediately we got service.

Shirley And William
January 10th, 2019 Tigerton, WI DETAILS

They explained everything but I was a little confused on some things. I would have preferred them coming out and setting it up because it was kind of confusing.

Jan 10, 2019

Shirley and William, we thank you both for the review. We're sorry that the initial setup of your device was a bit confusing. If you still have any outstanding questions or concerns, don't hesistate to reply directly to this message. Simply reply with your full names, address and phone number and we will be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Wishing you both a lovely day.

Roy
January 10th, 2019 Elysburg, PA DETAILS

We gave it to my father, but he used it twice when he fell and he was able to contact them. They were able to contact us and I was able to go out and help him. They delivered everything they said they would and the equipment works flawlessly. The set up was very easy. There were no issues with that whatsoever. Since then, I've returned it because my father's passed away but it was very easy to return. Everyone we talked to on the phone was very nice.

Jan 10, 2019

Roy, thank you for the review. We're happy that we were able to help out with your father when he's had falls. Wishing you both the best.

January 10th, 2019 McKeesport, PA DETAILS

When we did the set up, everyone was really very helpful and responsive immediately. It's simple to use and simple to set up and has some good features.

David H
January 10th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I'm having some issuesd with knowing if my emergency device is working because it's not blinking, it's supposed to be on and I'm not sure it. I don't know how to activate it to make sure it's on so I'm not completely happy with it.

Jan 10, 2019

David, thank you for the review. We definitely would like to help you ensure that your device is working as it should. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch to make sure everything is working as it is supposed to. Thank you for the feedback.

January 10th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

I used it yesterday when I fell down. The customer support had a nice response and the device worked.

January 10th, 2019 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS

The customer representative answered right away. The device works fine.

Neva
January 10th, 2019 Marietta, OH DETAILS

When we tested the device, the customer service rep was very help and informative. It went very well.

Vera
January 10th, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

The customer service has been good. When I called and checked out the company and then I called back to make sure the system was working properly.

Maryrose
January 10th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

The device is very comfortable and very pliable. It's convenient to have it on. The sales person was very polite and very considerate. He was persistent and he called quite a few times but I don't mind because it was something that we were putting off so he was excellent and he was so professional so that helped.

Rosella
January 10th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS

I talked to this gentleman from Medical Guardian and I was very impressed. He knew his product and he convinced me that I would be safe with it. The price wasn't too bad so I decided to go with Medical Guardian and so far so good. I have done several tests on it to make sure it was working properly and they could find me regardless where I was. They were able to locate me. The person that answers my call was very friendly and knew what they were saying. I knew they were familiar with what was going on. It's not a large device, it's rather small. I can put it inside my clothing and it's not even very obvious. It's not heavy. It's very compact and I enjoy that.

Margie
January 10th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

They were supposed to send me a lock box for my front door and I never got it.

Jan 10, 2019

Margie, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry that you didn't get your lockbox. We can definitely get this fixed for you. Simply reply to this message with your full name, address and phone number and we'll be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thanks again for the review!

Dora
January 10th, 2019 Lake Helen, FL DETAILS

When I set it up, it was very user friendly for old people and their customer service reps were very helpful. When I call at the beginning of the month to check in, they were also very helpful. It's very easy to use. Mine is easy to press and it doesn't seem to go off unnecessarily.

Frances
January 10th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

The testing I did on the unit when I received it was very good. It was in my purse and something hit it and it went off and immediately, the little bells rang and somebody was asking if I was okay. I was really embarrased because it was an accident and I did tell them I was fine, but the response was tremendous.

Anne
January 10th, 2019 Abiquiu, NM DETAILS

When I did the testing, they came on immediately and right away.

Ken
January 11th, 2019 Loma Linda, CA

Misleading, lying company who doesn't stop calling when asked to. SHAME ON YOUR TACTICS

Jan 11, 2019

Ken, thank you for reaching out. We apologize if you are receiving unwanted calls and can certainly get your name removed from our call lists. Please reply to this message with the phone number you wish to have removed and we will remove your name. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Have a great day!

Josephine
January 9th, 2019 Metairie, LA DETAILS

They answer quickly and they are very nice about it. My mother had a fall and she used it and they called me before they call the ambulance.

Edna
January 9th, 2019 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

I am 91 and I live alone and they offer what I was looking for. It is comfortable. I've had to contact customer service twice for information but I have found them very helpful, I have no complaints.

Lawrence
January 9th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

The device is easy, it's insured, and I can take it with me if I leave the house or if I stay home, even in the shower. I chose them because they provide more equipment than any of the other services and for the price. I have noticed when I call, sometimes it takes awhile for customer service to get to the call and that concerns me.

Jan 10, 2019

Lawrence, thank you for the review. We're happy that you're satisfied with our services overall. We're sorry that you've experienced some delays when reaching out to our Customer Care team recently. Know that we prioritize response times for our emergency response calls. If you ever have an emergency, know that your call will be answered in a timely manner 24/7/365.

Mark
January 9th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I remembered the ad on the TV and I have been falling down so I decided to get Medical Guardian. Customer support seems to be okay. It is a good value.

Mary
January 9th, 2019 Sheboygan Falls, WI DETAILS

They were the first company to call me back so I figured if they take their sales seriously. Customer service answered all the questions thoroughly it and know your answer. I like that it is waterproof so my grandma I can wear it in the shower, which gives her a little bit more privacy and dignity. The value for your money is average.

January 9th, 2019 Belmont, MI DETAILS

I have no concerns, the device is comfortable. I think response time is a little slow.

Laura E
January 9th, 2019 Green Bay, WI DETAILS

We're very happy with and it we're still glad we decided to get it because it's been a lifesaver. It is nice and light weight, you don't even notice. It works great, the only thing is I wish that we could talk through the devices, you talk through the base and so we had a kind of holler.

Jan 10, 2019

Laura, thank you for the review. We're happy to have been there when help was needed!

January 9th, 2019 Winter Springs, FL DETAILS

I feel safe when I wear it. It is something you can rely if you were to fall

Billy
January 9th, 2019 Madisonville, TN DETAILS

Set up was a fairly easy. The device is ready to use and the buttons are easy to see.