Best Company Guarantee Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

9.2

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Kali

I'm very happy with it. It is annoying that I have to charge it every few days. I have tested coupled couple times. And my husband used it because I was passing out so he used it and and medics got here very quickly and I was taken to the hospital.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are so glad you got the help you need!

Linda

I live alone and I accidentally used something that I thought might have given me an allergic reaction. I was able to talk with somebody on the phone to see if the allergic reaction progressed. I ended up taking Benadryl and staying home. I didn't call an ambulance. The people are easy to deal with. They are responsive. They they do what I need.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Linda! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Julie

I called to get some information before I bought this thing and I talked to a lady who just laid everything out straight for me. No arm twisting or anything, just gave me the facts. It was easy to understand and it laid out the advantages and the disadvantages and I don't know if there were any. Gave me some options I could choose from and when we got done, I felt like I made an intelligent purchase. I didn't feel like I'd been hoodwinked or arm twisted or anything. I was really pleased with the way that worked, and since then, it's been easy to talk to people and tell them what we needed.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Julie! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Jul. 3rd, 2023

I'm just grateful that when we call, the medical alert team is right there. They come to the house in less than 5 minutes and they're so helpful to my husband because he has fallen. They help him with such ease and concern and I'm very happy about that.

Jul. 3rd, 2023

I would like to just take a moment to talk about the salesperson that I got when I reached out to Medical Guardian. He was very helpful, he was very patient because my dad did not want this. But he was patient and wasn't pushy in any way. He was just very professional and knowledgeable.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you. We appreciate your review, as we strive to offer our customers the best customer care possible.

Richard

They listened to what I had to say. They didn't interrupt me, and then they assess the situation. They asked some additional questions and they were able to resolve it. I find that very good and that's speaking from someone who has managed global call centers for 28 years.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Richard, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Karin

When I first got it, the alarm went off twice when I did not press it. I don't know why it went off. One time I had the rescue squad come right to the house, I wasn't home, and they searched the whole house for me. They couldn't find me because I was out eating with friends. The other time I was in a restaurant also and it went off. Luckily one of the people I was with was on my list, so she told them that I was there but I wasn't real happy about that. I called the company and they sent me a new thing that I could talk into. So now that hasn't happened anymore, I don't know if something was just not right or something. Otherwise it's okay except my bracelet keeps coming off my wrist. If I snag it on the little tiniest thing, it's falling off, so I have to be really careful that I don't lose it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Karin. I am sorry to hear about your poor experience with our product. I would suggest calling our customer care team at 1-800-313-1191. They will be able to assist you with your product.

Frank

It's for my 89 year old father and it makes me feel a little more comfortable when I'm not with him. Medical Guardian was very responsive and did what I asked while I was on the phone. We haven't had any instances where we needed to use the service, but the unit holds the charge really well.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Frank! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Kay Ford Russellville, AR

I like the service and when I started I had a problem and they sent me a new lock in 24 hours. Then I broke a part of my mecklace and I I got a new one in 24 hours. It is easy to use and I feel a lot safe. I have already told my friends thaht they need it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Kay Ford! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Jun. 30th, 2023

Ralph Skillington St Louis, MO

I like the quick response my wife and I received in what was an accidental use of the fall detector. We had no such event with the preceding ( and cheaper) company ' even with replacement of equipment. I am very satisfied with the Medical Guardian company and the excellent staff.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Ralph Skillington.

Jun. 29th, 2023

Judy Kingston, NY

Medical Guardian’s alarm system which I wear around my neck is super reliable, comfortable and very reassuring. I am 86 years old, walk a dog several times a day in all weather and I know I am always protected. It is very reassuring for my family as well to know Inam so well protected.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Judy. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 28th, 2023

Dorothy

It keeps my mother safe. I can test it any time I want and make sure it's working properly, although one time it accidentally went off during church. Our phones were shut off so they couldn't reach us, so they sent an ambulance out. But they're very, very nice. When they call in on the phone, they're calm and collected.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Dorothy.

Jun. 26th, 2023

Joanne

We really haven't had it that long, but I dropped it on on the ground when I first received it and they called because they thought it was a fall. So I was happy that I knew right away that it worked. My mom feels safer wearing it because she lives alone and she's 88 years old, so that's comforting for family members as well.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Joanne.

Jun. 26th, 2023

Karen

I like the fact that my mom is all the way up in New York and I'm in Tennessee and I can make sure that she's safe. She tested it by accident because her cat jumped on her and they called her right way and asked her if she was okay. It's great.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Karen! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Judith

I like the device itself. It's lightweight around my neck and that's important. I'm very happy with the fact that you can wear it in the shower and all kinds of other things. The only thing I don't like is I think it's supposed to inform me when my battery is going low. Sometimes I'll go days and I'll forget about it and then I'll realize that the battery is low.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Judith. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 22nd, 2023

One time I shared to a person that I don't like the pendant so much, I think I would like the wristband better, and he said we can send you that free of charge. Later I did receive it with another little square thing that I could push because I lived in a trailer with no postal code. The cord that came with it was loose and my sons couldn't figure out how to put it in there and I couldn't figure it out, and I sent it back. They still have to reimburse me because they did charge me $75. I'm not totally happy. I still have it, and I stayed for a year but I'm thinking about cancelling it because I don't feel I get enough answers, and I get a different person every time and I don't like that either.

Reply from Medical Guardian

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with one of our representatives. We will take the time to look into this situation and provide the necessary evaluation and retraining for the customer care representatives. Again, we apologize for any difficulties you may have had. At Medical Guardian, we pride ourselves in providing a great customer experience and we want to make sure you receive nothing less. If you wish to discuss this matter further, you can reach us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Jocelyn Albertville, AL

I feel safe with my medical Guardian. I am 82 years old . I live alone and still am able to drive. But this a safety aid for me . As I did fall and was able to call 911 but if I had been unable to call 911 I might have been down a long time

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Jocelyn! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Jean West Bend, WI

Your service staff is wonderful. They are very well trained and knowledgeable. Everyone I have talked to has been very courteous and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better. I had some equipment problems at the start, but they were resolved promptly. I am very satisfied now.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Jean! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Teri Kondo Redondo Beach, CA

So far we have not had to use this service; however, we were contacted immediately from Medical Guardian when my mom accidentally hit the call button. Everyone at Medical Guardian that we’ve worked with has been very helpful and friendly.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Teri Kondo.

Ladonna South Lyon, MI

The chain twists all the time. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with it. It works beautifully. I've pressed it a couple times by mistake, and they've always answered back right away to make sure I'm all right. I have no problem with them.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Ladonna!

Carol Pewaukee, WI

I've been very satisfied with it. I've I dropped it and of course they called right away, so that was impressive that they did that. They were right on the ball. I feel very safe with it because I am alone in the house and it's just reassuring that I have that.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Carol, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Maylis Muskegon, MI

So far everything's been good. They were helpful when we did call. We were able to get a hold of somebody and they were able to help us right away with our questions. We've tested it and it was easy to use. The test was simple.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you, Maylis. We appreciate your review, as we strive to offer our customers the best customer care possible.

Margaret Felton, DE

They answer right away. No hold or wait till the next available agent or anything like that. It was immediate. The lanyard that they sent with it was so long, it almost came down to my navel. It's convenient. It's small, so it's not like you have to have something big to carry it in or whatever. It's easy to use.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Margaret. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Suzann Cleveland, OH

I love it, except that every time I'm cooking and I lean forward on the counter or the stove, I set it off. It must be in the wrong spot for me. They've been right there and just asked if I was okay, and if I needed help. So they're very attentive.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Suzann.

Norma Mattoon, IL

When I got up this morning with the bathroom, came back and I noticed that my instrument was laying on the bed. The metal piece had broken and it was off of my chain that I had around my neck. I called them and they immediately took the information and are going to replace it.

Helen Austin, TX

It's easy to hear the voice announcing and asking if I'm okay. That's a lot better than any other I've tried before. It charges up easily. Right now I'm using it as a clip because the silver string that goes around the neck onto the device just broke off the first time I used it. I was told that I would be sent a new device that I could wear on my neck and I haven't gotten it, but everything else has been wonderful.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Helen!

Shirley Athens, AL

It makes me feel more secure. Every time I've had to call to get a new clip to hold the alert, they were very helpful. I would say I think they should furnish extra little things that you can clip on your side, on your pants, because if that breaks and you don't have yarn, you have to lay it in the shower while you're showering. So I think we should have an extra one on hand so that if something happens, we are not at a loss to use it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for this wonderful review, Shirley. We appreciate you being part of our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 6th, 2023

It was very quick, and the man helped me out very quickly and it was very good.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Feb. 5th, 2024

Angelika Clarksburg, MD

They've just been very helpful. If I've had a question or anything like that, they've just been very able to answer my questions and it's been easy. It was easy to set up for me and I think that was important to me because when you're older you need things to be a little easy and not so complicated. So I would recommend it to my older friends because it's easy and it's not hard to do.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Angelika! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Jun. 2nd, 2023

Mildred Grove Hill, AL

I like it because the security of my mom her having it. She has fallen one time and had it on and the lady immediately was asking her if she could help her, so it works. But Mama told her she was alright and she wasn't hurt, but she could not get up so she called us and we wound up having to drive 30 minutes. I think maybe they need to contact the first person that's on the list even though they don't need an ambulance or anything like that.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hi Mildred, we received your review and we definitely understand your concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Medical Guardian, we pride ourselves in providing a great experience and peace of mind to our customers, and we want to make sure you receive nothing less. You can reach us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Jun. 2nd, 2023

Cheryl Dann Amsterdam, NH

I love that my 100 year old mother finds it is safe to wear because when help is needed response is immediate, yet she is not getting "test calls" which with other systems greatly upset because her hearing is poor as well as her eyesight. I am 77 and I plan on getting a wrist alert for when I move to a rural area. I cannot say enough good things about Medical Guardian. I highly recommend it to all my friends.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for your wonderful and thoughtful review. We will share this with our teams to further inspire them to continue to do our best to add an extra layer of security and protection for our current and potential customers.

Stephanie Elizabeth City, NC

I like that it's not tied to my local phone and that I can leave and it is working no matter where I am. I have accidentally bumped it and they always responded immediately. And when I told them I was not in need of anything they once again confirmed that and then said goodbye and told me to have a nice day and I appreciated it. I did have trouble with one item and contacted them and they immediately helped me. It's a good product. It's a good value.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Stephanie.

Patricia Greensboro, GA

I like that my mom has help at a moment's notice. Everything has been excellent. Dealing with the company everything was excellent. We tested it numerous times in the beginning. It was very easy. Someone came right on, no problem. We've also dropped it and it's come on and and we say it was a mistake, we put it down too hard or it dropped and no problem. Everybody came on really fast. It was so quick.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Patricia.

Carol Longmont, CO

We got the device within a day or two of ordering it. They're very responsive when the button is pushed. We're happy with it. One time she pushed the button accidentally and they came right up and said hey what's going on? And we told them hey, it was an accidental push. The person that wears it, she doesn't like it hanging on her neck, she doesn't wear necklaces or anything like that, so it's a discomfort for her, but I still tell her she has to wear it

Reply from Medical Guardian

Accidental button presses happen all the time, but we still treat them as serious events and will make sure everyone is safe before we end the call. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian and thank you for your review, Carol.

Apr. 18th, 2023

Beverly Poulsbo, WA

I was walking from my chair to a counter without using my walker, thought I could make it. I was carrying a glass and a cup, and I tripped on the rug and fell down on my head because I was carrying things in my hands. My head did start bleeding, so I used the button, called for help and within 5 minutes, both my brother and his wife were here and the fire department folks. They did an assessment of my vitals and we all decided that I was not going to need any kind of stitches so under their care and their advice all ended well.

Bruce Cocoa, FL

Medical Guardian has taken care of my needs. Even though the device that I had was defective, they got the other one to me very quickly and got me taken care of in a timely fashion. Being on my own, I don't have anybody living here to help me or even living near me. One of the reasons that I ended up getting the device was that I slipped in the shower and then couldn't get up. Took me 2 hours to get a hold of my telephone and call 911 so they could come and help me out of the shower. Had I had this device on, it would have been no problem at all, other than pushing the button and being terribly embarrassed. My son insisted I get this device and he bought it for me and pays for the service between him and my daughter and it's just really nice to know that they care. I'm not sure what it cost but I would say at this point in time, whatever it costs, it's worth it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review Bruce! We strive to provide peace of mind for each of our customers, and we are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience.

Beverly Geneva, NY

First of all, they call you right away. They're very pleasant and I like the way they talk to you. It makes you feel like they care and it's a little thing, but it isn't a little thing. I like the bracelet, it's very convenient. I don't like the main device that you wear around your neck, it's too heavy, big and cumbersome. But I do like the convenience of the bracelet.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Beverly! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Alice Saint Augustine, FL

I got everything all set up. I got the lock box on the door. I got her medical information on the refrigerator. I did everything they asked me to do. They were extremely helpful with the whole purchase. It got here a lot quicker than I thought it would. It was so easy to do and they were so helpful because I didn't know what I was doing. I pressed and held the button and it was like 2 seconds the lady came on and said, that she was from medical guardian and I said I'm just testing and she said, "So let me confirm, you are just testing the device" and I said yes and that was it.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Alice! Our customer care specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad they were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Brian Girard, IL

The service has been great. It was an easy process to set up and we really like the watch. He can take that with him anywhere. It's not just the home bound device. When I called about the band being too large they get me a new one right away. Another time I called with a question about how to set up the text on the watch because I did that feature and someone was able to walk me through the steps. We've tested it and it went through fine. No issues.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Brian, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Angie Geff, IL

It's effective. When she pushed the button I got a phone call. She got her help. The device speaks directly to her, so it's one of those that when she pushed the button, someone came on immediately. She was able to get to me and I was able to get help to her. My wife used it when I wasn't there and she had to push the button. She had fallen and help came immediately. Satisfied so far.

Kenneth Trenton, MI

I do`nt like being charge 25% more a month after just 5 mos. of use. In the next 6mos. are they going to raise it again another 25%? I`m already looking for a new provider.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hi Kenneth, we received your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with the billing for your account. At Medical Guardian, we pride ourselves in providing a great customer experience and it sounds like we didn’t do that. Please reach out to us directly by dialing 1-800-313-1191 so we can help make it right. We look forward to speaking with you soon and resolving this issue.

Jan. 3rd, 2024

Jeff Osage Beach, MO

The one and only time I've had to use it is my sister had dropped me off at my apartment. And I couldn't find my phone. And so I thought I had left it in her car. I know this is not really a medical emergency, but I I called Guardian and asked them if they could get ahold of my sister who is a contact on my medical guardian. They paged her and I was able to get my phone back. I live by myself and without my phone I have no way to drive. I'm in a wheelchair and they really helped me out to be able to get a hold of my sister and have her bring my phone back. The lady that I had talked to on the medical guardian was very friendly, very helpful. In fact, she called back to make sure that everything was okay.

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello Jeff, thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks!

Feb. 9th, 2023

Carlene Nederland, TX

If you can afford medical guardian system I would definitely recommend that anyone who might be in the market for it consider medical guardian as your overall they they are an excellent company and they put out an excellent device. Very knowledgeable, very easy to work with, extremely friendly and they were very understanding and compassionate. The testing went smoothly and the medical guardian people were excellent in helping us get set up. There is a confusing number of options available, it would be good if it has the ability to get just basically just make things easier to figure out which one you want.

Beulah Marion, IN

I like that my mother is protected around the clock from fall and I like that a person comes on immediately and talks to her. It is loud so she can hear it, it's light weight, it's waterproof, it can go under her top or whatever she's wearing and she doesn't want on on the outside, she can wear it in bed because the button is inset so she can't like roll over and set it it off so I really like that. I just think it's a great medical device and a great value. Anytime I have questions or when I was in the process of checking into into it they had they were very helpful and I just I like to have someone, I like to be able to reach somebody when I have a question and they were very reasonable and then when I did get a hold of someone they were very helpful, very knowledgeable.

Tom La Quinta, CA

It's a little heavy to carry around but I like particularly the fact that he can push the button and talk himself. We had another one where they called inside the house, and by having this he can talk directly and tell them if he's okay or not okay. We have a rather large house and I could be outside watering the flowers and he's fallen inside and I guess if you don't get an answer you send someone out. The only thing that bothers me is when I was pricing different ones they said "Oh you want this so that's another $115" which was for for the falling part they didn't think I wanted that's what I wanted the most. He's fallen about 5 times.

The only thing that bothers me is the magnet. The cord that goes around your neck has a connection with the magnet and on two occasions it's just fallen, and I haven't done anything to make it fall. Well I would rate it 5, I haven't had to use it very much. There is a link that's really helpful and that tells me what my battery charge is and how strong the connection is, so I check that out once or twice a day. I get no reception here for texting or cell phones or anything, but I was able to successfully reach a person who could help me had I needed when I was just testing it. It couldn't be more perfect far as I'm concerned. I'm wearing it under my T-shirts or whatever and I feel totally safe whenever I have it

Marlene Ocala, FL

We tested each of the components when we first got it. Then one day she was doing laundry and she happened to bump the button with her laundry basket and I got 2 phone calls, one from Guardian, one from Emergency Services and the fire department. She didn't know what had happened at that point, but it was a good, quick response.The length of the lanyard is too long. They are very courteous and helpful. When I had to set it up and I was having an issue they talked me right through it and we got it working with no problems. It's a sense of comfort, knowing that there's another set of eyes to provide quick, rapid response when needed other than just relying on our neighbors to notice it.

Brenda Summerville, SC

They answered me immediately. And it was clear and precise. I like how helpful the company is. I've accidentally pushed it before. And there were people who answered the phone. You can understand them and they have all your information. I just think the company is great. I don't like how small the button is. I accidentally hit the button and the girl on the other end knew all my information and I could understand her. She made sure it was me who was calling and made sure that it was just an accident that I hit it. I was crying and she was not judgmental and not angry that I didn't need anything. I have had a good experience with it.

Antonio Wharton, TX

I like the feeling of knowing that my dad can get help at any time. If he falls he just presses the button. He's primarily Spanish speaking and has a hard time communicating and just thinking clearly in general. Medical Guardian is clear and they know what's going on still asking basic questions when something happened and he can actually communicate with them very well. He used it when he fell and he wasn't sure he needed help and he decided later he was hurting too much that something was wrong and he did press the button to get the help he needed and they took care of everything. They answer the questions I've given them and they've offered additional information.They're just always available and help a lot.

Sue Weber Springfield, OH

I now live alone due to the recent loss of my husband. I contracted with Medical Guardian should I need assistance when I am alone. I recently did need to contact Medical Guardian after injuring myself in my yard. I was pleasantly surprised when the gentleman on the line called me by name when he answered my call. The paramedics were immediately dispatched and before I could contact my designated family member to notify him of the situation, he sent me a text saying that Medical Guardian had notified him that paramedics had been dispatched snd he wanted the know what had happened. I was pleased with professional, yet personable, service from everyone I encounter.