Medical Guardian

verified

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees.* Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Gary Rice
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

There is a button that I can carry with me and I don't have to be plugging it in. They are quick to respond, I pushed a button and about 30 seconds later I was connected with a live person.

Marsha Hendrix
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

The only experience we have was when we set it up and they were pleasant and helpful.

Mary Lou Lowrie
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Like insurance, it's expensive but priceless. It was easy to set up and it is user friendly. They've been very helpful and will answer your questions about how to set it up and use it.

Audrey Heath
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I accidentally pushed the button twice and I had great service. It works great and I am pleased.

Raymond Price
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

It seems like it works well, I've checked it several times and it seems to be okay.

Joeann Taylor
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

They're friendly and have treated me so nice. They call automatically and ask for your name and everything. They're really on the ball and answer quick.

Barbara M Brown
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Everybody is nice and accommodating. I went swimming with it on my arm and forgot about it, they had to send me a new one. But, I haven't had any experience with an emergency yet.

Theresa M Hann
February 26th, 2019

I'm not any expert on these devices but it seems to be okay. The customer service is okay as well.

Suzy Welch
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

They overcharged me a couple times and it was really inconvenient for me. They do not take care of their finances well. They don't call back right away, and I have to call several times to get a question answered.

Feb 28, 2019

Suzy, thank you for the review. We appologize for the billing issues, but hopefully, we have been able to get those resolved for you. We also hope that all your questions have been answered. If you still have any questions, billing issues or anything else that needs resolution, don't hesitate to reply directly to this message. Have a great day!

Lois Andrews
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Anytime I've dealt with them, they have helped me and don't talk down to me. Even when listening to offers from different companies I liked the tone of voice from this company more. My first device had trouble connecting and I was supposed to get a new one. I didn't and after a couple of days I called, and the person got me set up to have a new one.

Arlene St John
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I have a lot of confidence in speaking with the people, when I push the button someone comes on immediately. It is comfortable to wear around the house.

Shirley Bayous
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

During the initial setup, everything went smoothly with customer support.

Nina Hollabaugh
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I've called they have been very helpful. Even when we were setting up the unit.

Judy Hurst
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I was told to test it once a month and I get immediate help when I do. I have to change the bracelet between my arms because I find it a little uncomfortable at times.

John Fostel
February 26th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

One day I set it off by mistake and they responded within a few seconds. It's simple, not too big, and easy to use.

Kaye Nash
February 26th, 2019 Athens, AL DETAILS

I have no problem whatsoever, they've been good to deal with.

Virginia Kramer
February 26th, 2019 Mohrsville, PA DETAILS

I like having it in my home, it's comfortable. The one that you put around your neck is rather bulky, I would like to have something slimmer but other than that it's fine.

Ruby Bush
February 26th, 2019 Pearl River, LA DETAILS

My mom was able to understand everything, and the GPS is easy to program.

Charlotte Jensen
February 26th, 2019 Muscatine, IA DETAILS

When I did the call to test the device, the lady I spoke to was very kind and helpful. It's simple and I'm glad I am able to take it with me whenever I go outside or away.

Barbara Knorr
February 26th, 2019 Bristol, PA DETAILS

I use the wrist device because I don't get all the false alarms and it is comfortable. Once I inadvertently set the alarm off and there was a quick response and they were not upset.

Joyce I Macduff
February 26th, 2019 Palmyra, NY DETAILS

It is easy to use and set up. The support is excellent.

Louise Ayscue
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

My mother can operate it easily, she just puts it on her wrist and it's easy to access. The response is very quick when we test it.

Margaret Hippensteel
February 26th, 2019 Orrtanna, PA DETAILS

I think there are others out there with more features. But, they've been very helpful every time I call.

February 26th, 2019 Colliers, WV DETAILS

When I used it, they couldn't hear me for whatever reason. I was near the unit, so that concerns me.

Mar 01, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that you have been experiencing technical issues with your device. We definitely want to take a look at your concerns. So we can better look into these issues, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thanks again and have a lovely weekend!

Henrietta Goodin
February 26th, 2019 Marbury, AL DETAILS

I had some trouble when I started out, but they helped me out quickly and efficiently. Also, it's waterproof.

Judy Hartley
February 26th, 2019 Philmont, NY DETAILS

The device is fine, and they were fine when I called to activate it.

Barbara Grewe
February 26th, 2019 Byron Center, MI DETAILS

We got this for the features and price, so far we haven't used it other than the initial set up test.

Regina Cacace
February 26th, 2019 Duncanville, TX DETAILS

I've had a hard time logging in and I'm having a hard time getting through to customer service.

Mar 01, 2019

Regina, thank you for your review. We're sorry that you've had difficulties logging in and getting ahold of our Customer Care team. We have been experiencing high call volume as of late. If any outstanding issues remain, feel free to reply directly to this message and will we be in touch. Have a great day!

Mary Rutledge
February 26th, 2019 Dothan, AL DETAILS

I call them to test it and it turns out well.

Pauline Harris
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Everything was easy to set up and they were good when we talked with them.

Earlene Martin
February 26th, 2019 Hawkins, TX DETAILS

My mother is happy with it and the device works.

John And Kathy Mailloux
February 26th, 2019 Pewaukee, WI DETAILS

The device is compact and looks decent on my table top.

Cora Nelson
February 26th, 2019 Hamburg, NY DETAILS

This should be easy for my 91-year-old mother to use. It looks like it would work properly and efficiently.

Margaret Ward
February 26th, 2019 Moscow, ID DETAILS

It seems to be very effecting for 350 feet, and everybody I first joined was polite.

Feb 28, 2019

Margaret, thank you for the review. We're happy that you seem satisfied with our service overall. Is there anything we could do better to earn a higher rating? If so, please tell us! We aim for five-star service with all of our customers.

Judy Smith
February 26th, 2019 Horn Lake, MS DETAILS

I like the way they set me up and trained me on what to expect.

Patricia Christian
February 26th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

It's a good little machine, if I were to fall it would alert someone.

Diana Finley
February 26th, 2019 Salome, AZ DETAILS

I think the company is great. They continued to get ahold of me even when I was traveling. We would lose contact and they would call me back to ensure that we got it set up.

February 26th, 2019 Burnet, TX DETAILS

The device works well, and customer support works fast.

C.M
February 26th, 2019 Johns Island, SC DETAILS

This is really easy to use and take care of. When I called to get it set up it went well, and I understood it.

Leonard Mcelhaney
February 26th, 2019 Forest, VA DETAILS

Sales were very accommodating and answered all the questions I had. They cover all of the United States.

Kathryn Ramsey
February 26th, 2019 Uniontown, OH DETAILS

All I have to do is call in once a month and check on it to make sure everything is working properly. They give you a necklace and a bracelet.

Carole Bayer
February 26th, 2019 Willow Grove, PA DETAILS

I've only dealt with them once when we were trying to test and they called me right back. It's convenient.

Alicia Solis
February 26th, 2019 Plainfield, IL DETAILS

They always respond to whatever I ask, I don't have any complaints.

Conny Jacobs
February 26th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

It's well built and the people on the other end of the line are very nice when I test it. The only complaint is that they cord that goes around the neck keeps stretching longer. I have to keep adjusting it so it's up higher.

R.D
February 26th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

One time I failed to put the unit on the charger and they became aware of it and gave me a call.

Feb 28, 2019

RD, thank you for the review. Is there anything we could do better to earn a higher rating? If so, please tell us! We aim for five-star service with our customers.

Esther Anderson
February 26th, 2019 Grand Blanc, MI DETAILS

I like the idea of having the wrist alarm, I can take it with me wherever I move without having to change anything.

Gladys Langelett
February 26th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

A couple of times I have pressed the button and they have been very gracious about it. I feel that they have good customer service. The only problem I have with it is that I find the cord around my neck to be uncomfortable.

Mar 04, 2019

Gladys, thank you for the review. We're happy that you are satisfied overall with your Medical Guardian device. With regards to the lanyard for your device, feel free to change it out for something that better meets your needs. Please don't hesitate to reach back out, you can reply directly to this message, if you have any other questions or concerns!

John Ellesson
February 26th, 2019 American Falls, ID DETAILS

If something happens, it has GPS so no matter when I'm at I will be found. Every time I call for a test it seems to work.

Erika Dunlap
February 26th, 2019 Detroit, MI DETAILS

I saw a commercial on TV and decided to get this. I haven't had to use it yet, but I think it's good. They are very accurate if I call them.

Loraine Salerno
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I'm noticing now that the spring is showing around my neck. I wish there was a better way to have it so that it didn't show.

Mar 04, 2019

Loraine, thank you for your review. We offer a variety of products to meet the needs of our customers. If you are interested in hearing about other device options that are available to you, please reply directly to this message. Have a lovely day!