Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Norm
January 9th, 2019 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

I thought they were supposed to check us and test once a month, but I think it had been a little more month and I haven't heard from them. So far the device is good.

Jan 10, 2019

Norm, thank you for the review. We are happy that you are satisfied with our service overall. Regarding monthly testing, we do not currently send out regular reminders about this, but we are currently exploring ways to keep customers better informed about their account information and monthly tests. We appreciate the feedback.

Bonnie
January 9th, 2019 Hanover, PA DETAILS

It's really comforting to have it. I know that they will respond. Setting it off was a dream, they walked us right through it and the only time I have a problem is when I forget to take the other part with me.

Phyllis
January 9th, 2019 Rockford, MI DETAILS

They've always been very thorough in their explanations when I talk to them.

Ruby
January 9th, 2019 Inman, SC DETAILS

They've answered my questions every time I've asked them. I like that they have a lock box on my front door, because I didn't know how the E.M.S would get in the front door.

Charlotte
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

I chose them because of the package that was offered, which includes different kinds of remotes as well as a lock box, and the reviews online which all were exceptional. The device is convenient and easy to use and waterproof. When I spoke with the representative he seemed genuinely concerned about the welfare of my mother. He did put pressure on me to buy it now.

Sallyn M
January 9th, 2019 El Dorado Hills, CA DETAILS

They've been very helpful and responsive. I have no experience with other devices but this one seems easy to use and so far I like it.

Robert
January 9th, 2019 North Port, FL DETAILS

I saw it advertised someplace and I bought it. I have been satisfied. It is convenient. I know you are supposed to do a test, but I don't know how often and nobody has called me on it. They charged me for a warranty and something else I didn't authorize, they just went to the account and took the money, but when i called they did credit the money back to me. It is expensive.

George
January 9th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

It is small around your neck and doesn't get in your way. I wear it all the time. When I tested it they called me back within about two minutes and I had to tell them I was okay, it was an accidental touch and it was a good.

Robert
January 9th, 2019 Tarboro, NC DETAILS

Customer Support seems pretty knowledgeable, every time I talk with them they will always pretty much know right up on what is going on with you. It is a good product so far. They seem like they get right back to me to find out what is going on if I use the device.

Laurel
January 9th, 2019 Port Orchard, WA DETAILS

The people in customer service are kind and considerate and helpful.

January 9th, 2019 Prairie Village, KS DETAILS

I've never had to use it in that in the case of an emergency but when I did call in to check in, they replied really quickly. It is convenient to use.

Charles
January 9th, 2019 Ozark, AR DETAILS

It makes me feel secure. The company has been very helpful. They don't leave you standing, they answer your questions.

Gloria
January 9th, 2019 Egg Harbor, WI DETAILS

One of my concerns is the necklace is very heavy and that leads me to take it off every so often. It tends to be a little late and it doesn't hold as much charges as I anticipated, now it could be that I'm not understanding well enough or whatever but it just seems to me that it should hold a longer charge.

Jan 10, 2019

Gloria, thank you for the review. We have a variety of devices to meet a variety of needs. We may have a device that would be a better fit for you. If you are interested in hearing about our other available products, simply reply directly to this message with your full name, address and phone number and we will be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Have a lovely day!

Adella
January 9th, 2019 McKeesport, PA DETAILS

I liked the price and the courtesy of the representative that we spoke to with our questions. They are good with efficiency and accuracy in answering your questions and supplying us with knowledge. They were always helpful whenever we have called and had questions. It is easy to install and there is good follow through. It is simple enough for my ninety one year old mother to understand and it is comfortable because it is light weight.

Jim
January 9th, 2019 Tonawanda, NY DETAILS

I was very pleased with the cos based on the service provided. They called me to back by the device. They seem very helpful every time I have needed anything and although I have not used it, I'm sure they are very thorough when it comes to helping me if I need be. It does the trick. It is very easily chargeable.

Myrtle
January 9th, 2019 Portage, IN DETAILS

They gave me good care. They come if you need them. I would recommend them.

Deborah
January 9th, 2019 Redding, CA DETAILS

I used it all the time, when I go out especially, I fall a lot. It makes me feel secure. I loved the watch because it is locked and the band is flexible and soft. I have had no trouble.

Richard
January 9th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

The lady was misrepresenting herself to when I got the product. I never got a call back and I wasn't satisfied with the equipment, yet I still had to pay for the service.

Jan 10, 2019

Richard, thank you for the review. We're sorry that you feel the product you ordered from Medical Guardian was misrepresented to you. We would like to see if we can help fix things for you. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Any additional information you can provide about what exactly was misrepresented to you will allow us to better research this situation for you. Thanks again for reaching out!

Dennis
January 9th, 2019 Victoria, TX DETAILS

They've been helpful and steady when I needed to be called and one time the cat pushed the button and they were even helpful enough to tell them what to do about the cat hitting the button.

Shirley
January 9th, 2019 Mira Loma, CA DETAILS

Customer service is very considerate and professional.

Beverly
January 9th, 2019 Lewisville, TX DETAILS

Medical Guardian is always prompt to return calls. The service is very easy to use for elderly people.

Lawrence M
January 9th, 2019 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS

Customer service was very helpful in every way.

Charles
January 9th, 2019 Salina, KS DETAILS

The service is very easy to set up, and customer service was very helpful.

Deborah
January 9th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

Somebody at Medical Guardian is always there to answer any questions. The service is easy to access and it doesn't matter whether she is at home or out.

January 9th, 2019 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

They offer necessary services at a reasonable price. They offer no pressure help and responded to all of my questions.

Thomas
January 9th, 2019 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

Medical Guardian always answers my alerts. They are very responsive.

Carolyn
January 9th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Customer service responds to the calls right when the button is pushed.

Martha
January 9th, 2019 Augusta, GA DETAILS

The people at Medical Guardian that I had the opportunity to speak with was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions. The service is very easy to understand.

Betty
January 9th, 2019 Saginaw, MI DETAILS

My only wish is that the service was a little cheaper. Customer service is always there and available for you.

Shirley
January 9th, 2019 Harper Woods, MI DETAILS

The service is very convenient. Customer service is cordial and attentive.

Jeannette
January 9th, 2019 Highlands, TX DETAILS

The set up was very fast, and we have experienced no problems with it.

Debra K
January 9th, 2019 Newton, IA DETAILS

I was not that impressed with the customer service. The price that they charged me was not the price that they told me.

Jeannine
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

The price of the service is set at a decent price, and the customer service is very good. Customer service is very courteous.

Stanley
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

The devices they offer are more than sufficient for what I use.

January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

I had a problem with the charger at initial set up, but it was rectified right away.

January 9th, 2019 Rockford, IL DETAILS

I always get quick responses to my calls. The instructions are easy and very understandable. I have confidence in Medical Guardian.

Shirley A
January 9th, 2019 Seguin, TX DETAILS

Customer service is very responsive and considerate. The staff are very friendly.

Carol
January 9th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

The service is kind of hard for my mother to use.

Jan 10, 2019

Carol, thank you for the review. We definitely want to help your mother out with anything that has been causing difficulty for her. So we can best assist her, can you help us in locating her account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your mother's full name, address and phone number, we will reach out to her. Any additional information you could provide about what she has been having difficulty with would be able to help us better meet her needs. Have a great day.

Saundra
January 9th, 2019 Punta Gorda, FL DETAILS

The sales representatives have always been informative and helpful. The person answering the emergency has always been confident.

Sheila P
January 9th, 2019 Hampton, VA DETAILS

Everybody at Medical Guardian is courteous, and is available to answer my questions.