Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Francine Davis
July 9th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Shana knew I was so nervous about setting up my husband's medical guardian phone, email account, and mobil accounts. My husband can be very difficult. I warned her that he didn't even want to wear the watch although he had agreed to this program. However, Shana was so gracious. She talked to my husband as if she were his daughter. What a professional. She was so professional and is a great asset to your program. It also helps because my husband is from Philadelphia!

Jul 09, 2019

Hello Francine! Wow, we will sure let Shana know about the very kind things you wrote. We're glad she was able to help your husband out as if she were his daughter! We're blown away. We love that he's a Philadelphia native as well! Thank you so much.

Isaac Wachsberger
July 8th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS

I did not know I bought the equipment. My first 3 months are up at the beginning of August and I am going to take a loss and look for another company. I have the watch for the alarm , but it does not detect falls.

Jul 09, 2019

Hello Isaac, We wanted to get some more information from you as you've spoken to several of our representatives. We'll send you a private message to request further details. Your feedback is very important. Thank you!

jOE
July 8th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Upon arrival to my home I learned the Base station was not preset/recorded in your computer system, which rendered it useless because my loved one could not be located. Also, the combination was not set on padlock so it is currently useless to us. I will have to call customer service again and be placed on hold forever to get this straightened out. I gave up once a few days ago. Lastly, the speaker on the base station is too weak to be clearly heard in the adjoining rooms. One would think your company would have integrated a headphone/ext speaker jack to allow your consumer the option of amplifying the caller. Because the beginning of this business arrangement and the speaker on base is so poor, I am left with no faith in your monitoring capability. I am leaning towards returning the system and reseaching another company offering your services. I paid for the service a full year in advance hoping to receive what I did not receive--more security and peace.

Jul 09, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are sorry you felt your experience was less than satisfactory. We take your feedback very seriously, and will be sure to review your experience. We will send you a private message so we can look into the account and give you a call to discuss. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Beverly Gibeaut
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Apparently they don't use the towers that are in my area so no coverage

Jul 03, 2019

Hello Beverly, we're sorry that your device didn't work in your area due to poor/marginal cellular coverage. We offer a landline-based device which does not rely on your area's cellular connectivity. We'd be glad to discuss this with you. Thank you!

Carolyn Dalton
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Reoccurring service issues . Numerous calls to me and my children to check system. Said not working. Then verified it was fine and 2 days later I receive another full system not ordered and unknown reason sent. Then I had to prepare it and take to UPSP

Jul 03, 2019

Hello Carolyn, we apologize if you received multiple calls from us but we wanted to ensure that you had a working device. We're sorry to inconvenience you as well. We will follow up with a private message as well. Thank you for so much!

Nancy Thsell
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Your customer service folks work well with their clients

vicky
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

simple to use and responce time is very good

Michelle DeForest
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

We were sent the necklace only. We were promised two wristbands in addition to the necklace. The necklace button has absolutely no fall detection. I dropped it from multiple heights and onto various surfaces. Never did it work. I also sent in the information sheet the day we received the unit but apparently it was never received so if something does go wrong, apparently no one will understand how to get into the house much less know who to call. What a joke of a service. It's a shame it's prepaid. I'd completely undo this service and switch to a competitor. When this year is done, that is exactly what we will do.

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are sorry you felt your experience was less than satisfactory. We take your feedback very seriously, and will be sure to review your experience. We will reach out with a resolution to this. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Marina B.
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I ordered device when my mother was stay with me post surgery.two days ago I took her back to her home in Florida. When we arrived I called to change the device location. I was told no one is available and they will be calling me back. Day 3-still waiting.

Jul 03, 2019

Hello Marina, We're very sorry to hear about not receiving a call back and we'd like to take care of your issue right away. We're going to send you a private message to get your contact details. Thank you!

BarbaraKampf
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Haven''t needed to use yet but I am sure it will be a good experience

Ida L. Gibson
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

The products arrived, I activated them, everyone was nice. Fortunately, I have not needed to use it yet.

FEN
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I think that we should be able to speak to the operator from our wristbands or from our necklaces.

Marie DeRosa
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I have only had it for about 1 month so it is hard to rate it. I have heard many good things about it. What I like about it, it not hooked up to my phone like my other one was.

Sue Turner
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

because when I test my buttons last time they thought I was some one else & had trouble getting it all through

Roger Brown
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

First test failed. Had to call customer support to resolve the issues. Second test a few days later did work.

Kandace Affa
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

So far so good haven''t really used it yet, set up was easy testing was easy, my dog pushed the button and they came on in seconds told them I was okay and disregard.

Jonathan cole
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

It works the way it is marketed to work.

Mary McNeely
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

so far so good. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Rich
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

parts I've used (only testing so far) work ok.

Martha Grimm
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Its confortable and easy to charge, but have been trying to tell me the way it should be charged, you told me you would give me a call to explain, never have

Brad Wirth
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Because It works great and the people I hane talkrd to a very courteous and knowlegeable.

Pamela Cudlin
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Very kind; arrived quickly; helped me up from my fall.

Carolyn
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They have been easy to work with. Haven't had to use it, but feel confident with it.

Kelly Thomas pace
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Seems to work well when we tested it!? Haven't had to use in an emergency yet!

Debra casciere
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Helpful when I have problems or questions

Susan M. Jennings
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Due to living alone can be scary, now I feel very safe with it. I don''t worry about walking the dog out of phone range.

Thomas Reese
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Reliable. Helps with peace of mind when I''m alone.

Carol
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

so far so good - button was pushed by accident and operator was very kind and understanding

Leona Welch
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Professional, caring and available and expedient

Karen

Ease of use and great customer service since Day 1

Jessica Jones
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service, easy setup, easy to use. The button was actually used a few times & everything worked perfectly & professionally. The Customer Service people were very kind & caring.ectly

Gerald j Moore

it has everything we needed age 85 and 77 year old senior with senior illness

Kit
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use and has been reliable when tested. Went away for few days and took everything with me.

Heidi McKnight POA for Mother, Patsy W Barbree (customer)
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Ease of ordering, knowledgeable about all products, ease of use for elderly where some may or may not remember what is told to them.

Brenda Duncan-Smith
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Although I have never had to use them. However when I make a mistake or have to check it everyone is so nice

Marge
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I''ve had several accidental pressures on my call button and they answer immediately.

Rita Dooley
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Inadvertently hit the button and they called within a minute to see if I was okay I think that's pretty awesome

Sarah
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Product explanation, set up assistance, billing explanation. Haven't had to use service yet.

Christi G Lloveras
July 2nd, 2019 Long Beach, CA

The operator was very sympathetic and I appreciate everything.

Ron Mcbride
July 1st, 2019 Pacific, MO

Quick response and great service I know there is help near buy and q ui k

Deborah Decker
June 28th, 2019 Spokane, WA

The woman I talked to was great very nice. I wish I could remember her name

Curtis Switzer
June 28th, 2019 The Colony, TX DETAILS

Customer Service is very good and not to hard to get hold of. The kit however needs instructions on the equipment. The lock box is a puzzle unless you have used one before. The base station has a switch on the bottom that isn't very obvious unless you are looking for it. The phone line tat comes with the base was plugged into the wrong hole. Good instructions with pictures would be very helpful and cut down on customer service time on line. Volume of the unit is very loud so a volume control would be nice.

Loren Land
June 27th, 2019 King George, VA DETAILS

As of 12:10 PM today, Saturday, June 22, 2019, I have not received my Medical Guardian.

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Loren, we will look into this matter for you and have a Customer Care agent reach out to you. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Kim Hanson
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I never received a bill showing what i paid. My wristband is very tight. I have no contact info, i looked online and all i found were marketing pages

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Kim, please contact us via Live Chat on www.medicalguardian.com, email us at [email protected], or call us at (800) 313-1191 to get a paid invoice and discuss different options regarding your wristband. Thank you!

Dennis Ptak
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Bad sales person. Not interested things that were said

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Dennis, it sounds like you had a bad experience and please know that your feedback is very important. We're going to send you a private message and get some contact information from you to get the specifics on the issue. Thank you!

June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

The plastic pieces on the strings are causing serious itching and skin scratches.

Jun 27, 2019

Hello, we're sorry you the pieces of the string are causing serious itching and skin scratches, we'd like to discuss a different wearable button for you but we need more information. We're going to send you a private message to obtain this information. Thank you!

Robin emig
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Haven't used it yet so dont know I know on the last test they hung up on us lol

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Robin, we'd like to look into this issue for you. We're going to message you privately to get your contact information so we can determine what happened and provide a resolution. Thank you!

Denise Brady
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I found it cumbersome carrying 2 parts of the system around all the time.

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Denise! We do have other options available such as our all-in-one Active Guardian unit. If you'd like to swap your device please contact us via Live Chat at www.medicalguardian.com, email us at [email protected], or call us at (800) 313-1191. We will also send you a private message for you contact information. Thank you.

David S Dent

I have fallen 4 times and got no response from my fall detector

Jun 27, 2019

Hello David, we are VERY sorry to hear that. We definitely would like to get into contact with you to have a technician call you to see what the problem may be. We will send you a private message to get your contact information to look into the matter further for you. Additionally, you can reach out to us via Live Chat at www.medicalguardian.com, email us at [email protected], or call us at (800) 313-1191. Thank you.

Sam Yu
June 26th, 2019 DETAILS

No problem so far. I like it when I''m reminded that battery is low

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Sam! We're happy that you haven't had any problems so far and you get battery notifications. If you have any issues we are here to help you! Thank you so much!