Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Jean
January 15th, 2019 Harrisburg, PA DETAILS

It has the most reasonable price for this kind of device. I don't like all the false alarms that it has. They do respond quickly.'

Bruce
January 15th, 2019 Woodward, OK DETAILS

It works great and there is always someone there when you need them.

January 15th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

I use it every day and would recommend it to everybody. It is a good thing for older people. I have been very happy with it. I don't have any problems with it, I just charge it when I go to bed.

Darlene
January 15th, 2019 Ivanhoe, TX DETAILS

Right before we first got the device, it was still in the mail, and my mom had a fall and was in the hospital for about three months. Medical Guardian pro-rated my payment and I really appreciate that because my mom was in the hospital.

Joseph
January 15th, 2019 Kingsland, GA DETAILS

They explained everything to me. I don't like how it only has a 600-foot range. I want something that can go further.

Denise
January 15th, 2019 Friendship, WI DETAILS

It is very accessible and they are very friendly. I wish that there was something to attach it to.

Ruth Ann
January 15th, 2019 Concord, CA DETAILS

They were easy to work with during the initial purchase and set up. It was a good decision.

Charlotte
January 15th, 2019 Owingsville, KY DETAILS

I would recommend Medical Guardian to anyone. It is a very good quality product. They call quickly when you need them, even if you accidentally press the button.

Carol
January 15th, 2019 Kent, OH DETAILS

It is satisfying knowing that help is always available if I need it. I wear the bracelet every day, even in the shower. It is very comfortable.

Charlotte
January 15th, 2019 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

I wear it on a typical day. The person I talked to who sold the equipment was very supportive. They are reliable. I don't like that the necklace won't stay in place.

Roberta
January 15th, 2019 Champaign, IL DETAILS

I put it on first thing in the morning and the portable device in my purse whenever I go out. I feel very secure with it.'

Earl
January 15th, 2019 Carriere, MS DETAILS

I feel a lot safer with my Medical Guardian. I even wear it in the shower.'

January 15th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

I didn't want to set it up at first because I thought it would be difficult, but to my surprise, it was extremely easy to set up. I wear the bracelet. I like the portable device that works anywhere in the United States.

January 15th, 2019 Fulton, NY DETAILS

I've only had it about six weeks and I've already had to use my Medical Guardian. A couple weeks ago on a Sunday I was out in the yard and I fell on some wet leaves. They responded quickly. I put it on in the morning and take it off at night. It is very comfortable.

Henry
January 15th, 2019 Westwego, LA DETAILS

I have nothing bad to say. They are very alert and always have someone to answer the phone all the time. I like the bracelet.'

James I
January 15th, 2019 Philpot, KY DETAILS

The installation went fine and they delivered as promised. It is good quality. They did everything they promised they would do.

Lillian
January 15th, 2019 Georgetown, TX DETAILS

When I fell they called my sister first instead of me, but they got EMS to my house to help me eventually.

Martha E
January 15th, 2019 Newnan, GA DETAILS

They are very good about answering calls. The alert system is very good and it is a great product for older people like me.

Marta
January 15th, 2019 Menifee, CA DETAILS

It gives me a sense of security. The system works great. When I test it, there is always someone available.

Paul
January 15th, 2019 Paris, AR DETAILS

When the unit arrived, I called the phone number I got very courteous and informative answers. It is well made and is very convenient.

Starr
January 15th, 2019 Humboldt, TN DETAILS

It is with me all the time because I do fall a lot. I can tell they care because they are always concerned when they call.

Terry Scott
January 15th, 2019 Saint Helen, MI

I believe that Medical Guardian is a very good company and has a very good product. I just wish I could find a way to fit it in my budget.

Carol
January 14th, 2019 Bad Axe, MI DETAILS

One time it went off accidentally. When it went off, they called right away.

Mildred
January 14th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

When I called to check on my monitors, they were friendly and they spoke up for me.

Natale
January 14th, 2019 DETAILS

It had gone off a couple of times accidentally and everything was good. They called back and contacted me and everything.

Patricia
January 14th, 2019 Danville, CA DETAILS

The device turned itself on twice and I have to call to turn it off. They had to reset it and I have tried not to use it. The customer service always answers.

Lynne
January 14th, 2019 Coatesville, PA DETAILS

It's good quality and good price. I lik that you guys have a bracelet and a necklace.

Cynthia
January 14th, 2019 Macon, GA DETAILS

The customer support is very alert and I think they give you the right information. There is always a human being that answers.

Anna
January 14th, 2019 Estill Springs, TN DETAILS

They were pretty quick in their shipping and the price is pretty good. The device works pretty good.

Cheryl
January 14th, 2019 Greenville, SC DETAILS

The battery life on the device is very good. The customer service has answered all my questions that I've asked when I called them.

Dolores
January 14th, 2019 Sanford, FL DETAILS

It's been positive when we've tried to contact them. We weren't on hold for a very long time. It seems to work anywhere that we've tested it. It looks good and it's small and easy to use.

Debra
January 14th, 2019 Norman, OK DETAILS

The customer service is very patient and supportive. The device seems to be very detailed and easy to follow.

La Verne
January 14th, 2019 Richardson, TX DETAILS

It was for my mother and she used it last Friday night. She was ill and she pushed the button and the operator came on and called the paramedics and myself. Any time the device is pressed either accidentally or on purpose, it's been answered very quickly and the operator is easy to understand and very courteous except when the paramedics got to her house the operator did not explain them how the lock box worked and they were ready to kick in the door.

Jan 15, 2019

La Verne, we're happy that your mother was able to make use of our device when she needed it. We hope she is doing well. We are sorry for the confusion that occurred when paramedics were at her door. We would like to look into what occurred here for you. If you are able to provide us with your mother's account information we can look into what happened. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your mother's full name, address and phone number, as well as the date of her fall, we will look into this particular incident. Thanks again for reaching out! Wishing you both a great day.

Edward
January 14th, 2019 DETAILS

The support immediately answered, they called for emergency people and they called me and I was able to go up and be there when the ambulance got there. It was very easy for him to use and he had no trouble being heard or hearing them.

Jan 15, 2019

Edward, we are happy to have been there for your loved one when help was needed. We hope you are both doing well. Thank you for the review.

Barbra
January 14th, 2019 Bonney Lake, WA DETAILS

We've done a monthly test and they have been answering within sixty seconds and the operators have been very courteous. The device is very light weight and very easy to use. The first person I was in contact with was very professional and very nice and knowledgeable about the device and the company.

Nicholas
January 14th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

This morning I had to use it and fortunately I was wearing my pendant and just pressed the button and the operator came on the speaker and I was able to send for help. Everybody I speak to is very helpful and very kind and understanding.

Jan 15, 2019

Nicholas, we're happy we were able to be of assistance when you needed help. Stay safe and thank you for the review.

January 14th, 2019 Roscoe, NY DETAILS

I've used it once and they answered about my help to get up.

January 14th, 2019 Montgomery, AL DETAILS

The customer service answered all my questions. The device is easy to wear and it's not a problem to carry it with me. The people are always courteous and helpful. I did have one controversy. I was told that I would get a twenty five dollar gift card for recommending them and they never got around to giving it, but it was fine and they said they would indeed honor that.

January 14th, 2019 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

The sales representative didn't bother me. I called him and told him I'd like a week to think about it and they gave me that week. Everybody at Medical Guardian was very nice so I chose to go with them. Everybody I spoke to was very very nice and very helpful.

Pantaleon
January 14th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

One of the problems we had is that we would test it and it would say that it wouldn't go through, but it was frustrating that I tried to use just the regular medical guardian contact button and it would go through. They wouldn't answer when we were doing the testing but other than that the customer support was very kind and they got everything out on time.