Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to standard solar monitoring, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in 16 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.

We continually look for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

Terence
November 13th, 2019 Richmond, CA

Heather M has been very helpful and knowledgeable. She has been very considerate and hardworking.

Nov 14, 2019

Great to hear Terence - thanks for working with us!

Edd Bockman
November 13th, 2019 West Chicago, IL

After the initial review of the design. It was found that Zenernet did not have a money saving solution.

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Edd - we're sorry to hear your experience with us was less than stellar. Unfortunately, we can't always guarantee savings from Day One, and we're always transparent when that's the case. However, we'd love to take another look at your proposal and see if we can extend a more attractive bid. I'll reach out to you personally to discuss further. JP Gerken CEO

Carlos Dutra
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Just started the home visit and engineering plans

Nov 14, 2019

Awesome Carlos - we look forward to getting your installation complete and your system powered on. Thanks for working with us!

Rebecca Titemore
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

They told me over the phone they could do wood shingles and they just did not show up for our meeting...just told me they could not do them after I called to find out where they were. They should have called to let me know before the appointment and not let me wait for them.

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Rebecca - you're absolutely right, we should have let you know as soon as we knew we couldn't install on your roof, and we should have at least kept our appointment time. We wish we could help you go solar and we hope you accept our apologies for the poor experience. We'll take this as an opportunity to improve our business - thanks for your feedback! JP Gerken CEO

Abed Abusneineh
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Bad customer service and I can't get a reply for email or phone calls

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Abed - we're sorry to hear you've had issues with communication from our team. We'll look into your case and ensure you receive a response promptly. We appreciate your feedback and are working on this and will get your issue resolved. JP Gerken CEO

Paul S.
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Their sales person was too high pressure for my liking. He also criticized the other companies I was comparing. That is very poor form.

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Paul - we're sorry to hear this. We pride ourselves on a no-pressure, education-first consultation and we apologize that wasn't what you experienced. It's also our policy to remain focused on our own value, and not disparage our competition. We'll look into your case and take steps to improve our sales process. JP Gerken CEO

GS Yorgason
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent value, quality product, installed quickly, resolved all issues, flexible: company that made the demand manager reprogrammed chip down from min of 2KW to 1KW

Nov 14, 2019

Great to hear - thanks for working with us!

Rebekha Neu
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service time I courteous and scholars camera rapid turnaround time. Have already recommended this company.

Nov 14, 2019

Great to hear Rebekha - thanks for your business and review!

George
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Very helpful and informative. I did not have the product installed as we don't use enough electricity to see enough savings, but if anything changes, I will be giving them a call.

Nov 14, 2019

Great to hear George - let us know how we can help in the future!

Rebecca Brown
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service, quick response time with calls and emails. Their presentation was honest and my questions were answered happily.

Nov 13, 2019

Awesome Rebecca - thanks for working with us!

Jessica Rana
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Zenernet lost a star for choosing to work with Skyline in my area. Skyline is hard to get a hold of, installed an incorrect fuse which needs to be fixed, got a part that doesn't allow my solar generation to be recorded (waiting for the correct one), and left a huge mess of all their packaging, pipes, and wires they didn't need. My solar is still not turned on (I was estimated for the end of September). It's not Zenernet. They were very accommodating and had quick response times and explained everything. I wish they would work with more reliable crews on the ground though as Skyline has proven to be subpar in my opinion.

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Jessica - we're sorry to hear about your poor experience with our installation partner. We'll address this situation with Skyline, and we'll reach out to you to ensure your system is powered on in a timely manner and see what else we can do to help improve your experience. JP Gerken CEO

Ken
November 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Very professional and helpful throughout the process

Nov 13, 2019

Great to hear - thanks Ken!

Joe Albee
November 8th, 2019 Elfrida, AZ

Friendly & professional but most of all honest. I have been dealing with other solar companies looking for comparisons. Heather was the first person that I had dealt with that I knew gave me the correct answers I was completely honest.

Nov 08, 2019

Awesome Joe - we definitely make honesty and education a priority. Glad that was your experience with us. Thanks for the review!

Greg Bastis
November 7th, 2019

Heather was great. Clear ROI case, knows the business well and helped me work through my objections.

Nov 07, 2019

Great to hear Greg - thanks for working with us!

Michael D
November 5th, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Greg L was my first contact. Very knowledgeable & aggressive sales. After I got going, he never returned my calls. Debb, was my second contact & she was AWESOME. LOVED her! She got things done, but left the company. The subcontractors Anca Solar In CA was quick to get my panels up & going. I had to get my HOA to approve. Pushed LADWP to refit my meter. 2.5 months or so later, I was up & running. Pretty fast. What I didn’t like about Zenernet was that they can’t see my panels performance & that’s because the antenna they’re using is AT&T & the reception where I live sucks with AT&T. I tried to call Bailey since August 2019 and then JT/JP who owns the company that I will need a WiFi chip & antennae to be installed & now its nearing December & nothing!

Nov 07, 2019

Hi Michael - thanks for letting us know about the connection issues. We're working on a resolution and will keep you posted on our progress.

Mark Dimitt
November 5th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Super informative, polite and professional. Nothing but good things to say.

Nov 05, 2019

Glad to hear Mark - thanks for working with us!

John
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

The sales person, Heather M are professional and highly respectful. I found her knowledge of the product and services to be the best of the 15 competitors I contacted. She were never pushy but always ready to answer any question I had. Brad, the project manager, was engaged and very responsive. When I asked about optimizing the layout to account for things as insignificant as Christmas lights, he worked with the engineering team to help satisfy me. The installers were all profession and clean. The project took 2 days longer than planned but because they kept me in the loop on the progress and hold ups, it was never an issue and I could plan accordingly. I would highly recommend Zenernet to my friends, and already have. Great job.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi John - thanks so much for the feedback! We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team. We pride ourselves on an excellent, highly educational consultation process, and we've recently put a great deal of focus on improving our communication during the installation process, so it's great to hear that you found that aspect to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your business and your reference. Thanks for working with us!

John
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Their 25 page contract is ridiculous. The fact that they basically leave the consumer dealing with the utility company is ridiculous.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi John - our contract is designed to clearly align all the details of your installation, which protects you and your investment in solar. As for communication with the utility during installation, we handle that on behalf of our customers. Is it possible you have us confused with another company? Please contact our team so we can help resolve this situation, because we certainly don't want our customers dealing with their utility by themselves.

Kerry sharif
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Honest and personal sales person , good equipment however the price is on the high side, I will consider installing the system with you if your price goes down.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi Kerry - glad to hear you've had a positive experience during our consultation process. Our pricing reflects the quality of our equipment, warranties, and installation process. I'll have your consultant reach out to discuss your pricing options in further detail.

Horatiu Corbeanu
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Good in marketing and from a technical point of view, but poor communication during project execution.

Nov 04, 2019

Thanks for your feedback - we've been focusing on improving our communication during the installation process in order to better deliver on our promise of an excellent customer experience. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Peter
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Very prompt in customer service highly recommend

Nov 04, 2019

Thanks Peter, great to hear!

Tyler
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

The woman Heather M whom assisted me went above and beyond to get me what I needed.

Nov 04, 2019

Glad to hear Tyler - thanks for working with us!

November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Clean, clear delivery of information. Mistakes happen but very quick resolution Sales, and installation friendly, accurate and professional.

Nov 04, 2019

Great to hear - we've been focusing a lot of effort on improving our post-sale communication. Glad to see we were able to resolve issues quickly and see you through a smooth installation!

Tony Davoren
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

no project management skills at all - no follow up - totally on the customer to follow up. The actual installation by the local team was very good- their saving grace.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi Tony - we're sorry to hear that was your experience. We've made adjustments to our post-sale process to improve our communication and make good on our promise of an excellent customer experience. Glad to hear your installation went smoothly - let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

CHRISTOPHER M MILES
October 31st, 2019

Mike M was absolutely phenomenal, highly recommending him to others already for information!

Nov 01, 2019

Great to hear Christopher!

Nenet W, northern CA
October 29th, 2019 Discovery Bay, CA DETAILS

The services and price are the best. JP Gerken's who is the CEO is simply awesome. Look no more... I was like that too; you found the right solar company that you should choose. Though you deal with them by phone (who needs that pressure sale tactics anyway), you will get the best price. The CEO , JP is very easy to deal with.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Nenet - glad you enjoyed working with us so much! We always seek to be competitive on price and excellent in customer experience. Thanks for your review!

Shomari
October 29th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS

The presentation was professional and covered all my questions.

Oct 29, 2019

Awesome Shomari - thanks for considering Zenernet!

Joe
October 29th, 2019 Sedona, AZ DETAILS

Good honest company, but no face-to-face service

Oct 23, 2019

Thanks Joe, glad we were able to help answer your questions.

John Welborn
October 29th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Superb service and warranty and priced competitively

Oct 29, 2019

Glad we could deliver an attractive proposal, John. Thanks for working with us!

Kaleb
October 29th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

They thoroughly explained everything leaving no questions to be asked

Oct 29, 2019

Glad we could help answer your questions Kaleb - thanks for working with us!

Max Bessler
October 29th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I appreciated the time Heather spent with explaining the basics of solar and her willingness to adjust to our preferences

Oct 29, 2019

Awesome, Max - education is the cornerstone of what we do! Thanks for working with us

Julian
October 29th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Lack of communication and organization. Individuals have limited functions then they pass you over to someone else and so on

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Julian - thanks for the feedback. We apologize our communication was lacking. This is an aspect of our business we're working to improve. If there's anything we can do to help resolve this situation and leave you with a better impression of who we are, please let us know.

Fernando Llanos
October 29th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Extremely professional and honest company which, as hard as it is to believe, actually looks out for your best interests when it comes to solar installation. I don't normally rave about any company but Zenernet, Jarrett H in particular, deserves it.

Oct 29, 2019

We see our customers' best interest as our best interest. We appreciate your business and your kind words - glad we could help you go solar!

Dr Rock
October 29th, 2019 Three Rivers, TX DETAILS

Unsure if the internet is slow, or My Device. My phone is very fast. Take your pic.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi there - not sure if this is something to do with our service or your solar installation, but if there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to reach out.

CHRIS C.
October 29th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS

Very good presentation but not the company I selected.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Chris - thanks for considering Zenernet. Glad you enjoyed our presentation. Congratulations on going solar!

CleophusSharp
October 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I felt the rep was trying his best to get me to pay the highest price he could and not providing a solution that fully met my needs.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Cleophus - we're sorry that we gave you that impression. We have standard pricing and our energy consultants aren't incentivized based on system size or price. That said, we take pride in proposing the best solution we can for all our customers. A member of our leadership team will be reaching out to you soon so we can better understand your experience and do our best to improve it. Thanks for your feedback!

Mark
October 29th, 2019 Lenexa, KS DETAILS

Their focus is always on delivering for their customers. They are always transparent through the process and offer a great product.

Oct 29, 2019

That's definitely our top focus Mark - glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Steven Henness
October 29th, 2019 Linwood, KS DETAILS

Communications with Zenernet were good, both to and from. Installation was prompt and on schedule.

Oct 29, 2019

Great to hear Steven - we work hard to keep things moving and keep our customers up to speed. Thanks for working with us!

Jim Crabtree
October 29th, 2019 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS

Really a great group of knowledgable people to work with.

Oct 29, 2019

Glad you enjoyed your experience Jim - thanks for working with us!

david
October 29th, 2019 Lake Ozark, MO DETAILS

informative. not persistant or pushy.respectful

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks David - we always seek to educate, not pressure!

Lisa Scarborough
October 29th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

I was very knowledgeable about solor panels. We felt that we would receive better customer service since that are a local Company.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Lisa - we love working in Kansas City! Glad we were able to help you go solar.

Mick
October 29th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Awesome customer service. Low pressure consultations. Great pricing.

Oct 23, 2019

Glad to hear Mike, thanks for your business and feedback!

Alex Munyard
October 29th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

They were better than many competitors in managing expectations, but they were still way too ambitious. I am very frustrated that my install has still not happened.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Alex - we understand your frustration. Since your installation is complete, we're currently waiting on permission to power on from KCP&L, which is not a process we have direct control over. We're doing our best to obtain permission to operate quickly. We appreciate your feedback and patience!

David
October 29th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

So far, the design, the sale and the construction have all been amazing.

jonnybob
October 29th, 2019 Bonnie, IL DETAILS

I got one returned call.They couldnt give me a price.Said i had too much shade,so i would need more panels.Never seemed to want to listen to what i had to say.

Oct 29, 2019

Hello - we're sorry we couldn't help you go solar. Unfortunately, in some cases, shading can make it impossible to generate enough power to make solar worthwhile on a particular property. However, we'd be happy to revisit your case and answer any questions that you have. A member of our leadership team will reach out to you soon to better understand your experience. Thanks for your feedback!

frosty
October 29th, 2019 Toledo, IL DETAILS

prompt follow up to inquiry did not provide service in my area after several calls

Oct 29, 2019

We're sorry we couldn't help you go solar right now - we always seek to expand our service area while maintaining our high standards of installation quality. We hope we'll be able to service your area soon, and we'll be sure to keep you posted!

Mike
October 29th, 2019 Orland Park, IL DETAILS

Sales advisor is awesome, very informative and helpful

Oct 29, 2019

Great to hear Mike - thanks for your review!

Brian Fuhrmann
October 29th, 2019 Lombard, IL DETAILS

Professional and best warranty when compared to the competitors.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks Brian, our warranties are one of our strengths!

ifteqar aziz
October 29th, 2019 Addison, IL DETAILS

Due to nice proposal team and good price and better enegineering coordination

Oct 29, 2019

Glad you enjoyed our process - thanks for working with us!

andy weremijewicz
October 28th, 2019 Wood Dale, IL

Awesome service and pleasure to talk with Ryan.

Oct 29, 2019

Great to hear, Andy - thanks for working with us!