Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to standard solar monitoring, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Texas, or Utah, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Call our recommended rep over at Zenernet below.

Richard Coon
July 12th, 2019

Heather was very informative and addressed all of our questions. We felt she was knowledgeable and helpful throughout our conference call.

Jul 12, 2019

Richard, thank you for the great review! Let us know how we can help you with your solar project.

Dale and Lois Pontius
July 9th, 2019 Ridgeway, MO

The interview with Zenernet was very thorough, educational, informative and detailed. After thoughtful evaluation of our financial obligations and current situation, we decided not to proceed with a solar energy installation at this time. When we are ready to proceed with solar, Zenernet will be contacted. Thanks for your help. Dale and Lois Pontius, Ridgeway, MO.

Jul 09, 2019

Thank you for the review Dale and Lois - we'll be here to help when the timing is better for you to go solar!

Brad Hodgson
July 8th, 2019 Austin, TX

Mike has been super helpful so far presenting our options for solar and working with us to make sure we feel comfortable through the process.

Jul 09, 2019

Thank you Brad for the great review. We look forward to helping you with solar!!

Ryan
July 3rd, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

EDIT: The CEO reached out to me about my review, and set me up with Greg, who was significantly more helpful. Ultimately, I didn't qualify for financing, but this dedication to fixing a bad experience is what bumped my review up. My first communication with Kyle M was very reassuring. He was friendly and helpful. As I called on a Friday, he said he'd follow up with me on Monday to check out my options. I hadn't heard back from him that Monday, so I decided to followup on that Thursday to make sure to keep the ball rolling. I received a response from Kyle the following day stating that the person he had been talking to at my electricity provider had been out sick, and he was looking through their documentation for limitations, and scheduled a call with me that afternoon. He never made that call. This was one week after initial contact. Five days later, I emailed to followup and try to get us back on track, giving them the benefit of the doubt considering their exceptional reviews on this site. No response. Another five days later, I emailed again, informing them that I would go elsewhere if I don't receive a response. Still no response. So here we are, 20 days after initial contact on what should have been an easy sale, and I get an email from bestcompany.com asking me to review this company. I'm sure they have some happy customers, but if any of their sales reps are like Kyle here, I wonder how many more customers they COULD have considering how my experience suggests he just ghosts potential customers.

Jun 21, 2019

Ryan, we're very sorry to hear about the experience you've had thus far with Zenernet. Kyle is transitioning to a new role in our company and unfortunately, we dropped the ball with a couple of our homeowners as a result. Our CEO will be calling today to apologize personally.

George and Jane Heyman
July 1st, 2019 Mount Prospect, IL DETAILS

We turned the key on our solar system three weeks ago. Zenernet has exceeded all our expectations in the design, installation, implementation, and monitoring of our system. Our consultant, Greg, guided us step by step to make sure we understood exactly what equipment we were getting and how much electricity our system would produce. Our project manager, Debra, walked us through the installation process, which only took a day and a half. JP made sure that all proper paperwork was filed. All three were available any time we had questions during every part of the process. Debra and JP also made sure that we understood the monitoring system, which has increased our awareness of our electricity use. We did a great deal of research and talked to several other companies before choosing Zenernet. Their warranty and service could not be beat. We are looking forward to a long relationship with them.

Jul 08, 2019

Thank you George & Jane for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to have you both on board and powered up with your new Zenernet system. Please let us know if you need anything moving forward - we're always here to support!!

Net Wing
June 24th, 2019 Discovery Bay, CA DETAILS

The founder JP Gerkins went above and beyond for being the best in customer service and kindness. Our Solar's has not yet been installed. So far everything is fine. I trust that they will always be customer- focused and attentive to us, their customers not just at the beginning of our relationship but always. JP, Jarrett and Deborah are nothing but awesome. The price is the best in the industry. Look no further but get the Solar's from them.

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you Net for the great review! We're happy to have you on board with us and powering your home with sunshine!!

David
June 24th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

Excellent Customer Service, product and installation

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you David! We appreciate your review. Let us know if we can help with your system!

Falgun
June 18th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Zenernet sales person Heather explains every things in details, she is very customer friendly. Knowledge able

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review Falgun and thank you for choosing Zenernet. We are lucky to have Heather on board with us!

NYCROS
June 18th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

Very professional people ,helpful and kind

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you! We appreciate the review NYCROS!

Michael M
June 17th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Zenernet isn't the first solar supplier I spoke with, but they were the last. I'd gotten a 'used car dealership' vibe from two prior vendors, and it was such a refreshing experience to talk to these guys and not have to put up with that at all. They were super knowledgable, and clearly confident in their solution (and service), but never pushy. I spoke with two sales people throughout my experience, and both were of the same caliber, so I feel confident that this is a cultural choice at the company, and not my own good luck from just having got the right guy on the line. Maybe the most impressive was the knowledge of the particulars of the solar market in my area. Rebates, the power company's shady on-peak/off-peak rules, and the local buyback of a system's overpoduction are different from region to region, and while these guys are based in Kansas City, their grasp of the hairy details here in Phoenix could've fooled me into thinking they were in AZ company. I'd definitely recommend giving them a chance if they serve your market. Thanks Zenernet.

Jun 19, 2019

Michael, thank you for the great review and feedback! We always try our best to arm our homeowners with the knowledge they need to make a decision that's right for them on solar. We hope you enjoy your solar system - let us know if there is anything you need!!

Richard Gahalla
June 14th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Kyle kept making time arrangements, and not keeping the time. He is not good or responsible, so zenernet gets a low rating for waiting my time.

Jun 14, 2019

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Zenernet thus far. Our leadership team just left a message for you - if there's an opportunity to speak with you and improve your experience, please reach back out to us. Thank you.

Brian Golden
June 14th, 2019

Heather, the energy consultant, realized quickly that my home is not in their area. Knowing that I could not be a customer, she still spent a considerable amount of time answering my questions and giving me advice. She gave me great comfort and encouragement for my pursuit of solar power.

Jun 14, 2019

Thank you for the review Brian! As soon as we are able to service your area, Heather will be back in touch with you.

Dip
June 14th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Very good customer service, quote, detailed information and explanation.

Jun 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review!!

Osvaldo
June 12th, 2019 Shorewood, IL

Very informative great service I spoke to them and all my questions were answered I was even informed of things I did not think of. Very good indeed I would definitely recommend them to many of my friends.

Jun 12, 2019

Osvaldo, thanks for the stellar review! We really appreciate the great feedback so keep it coming and let us know how we can help with your solar project.

Susan
June 12th, 2019 Katy, TX

Bailey answered all our questions about solar energy. I would enthusiastically recommend Zenernet to others considering green energy options and I did not feel pressured.

Jun 12, 2019

Thank you Susan for the wonderful review - we really appreciate it! And thank you for choosing Zenrenet!

Bren Sheriff
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

At this time I am still waiting for the installation of panels on my home. I would like to think that the delay in installation is attributable to the rainy weather, but this has not been confirmed by Zenernet.

Jun 11, 2019

Thank you for the review Bren and thank you for hanging in there with both the weather and the engineering phase of your project. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything as we move forward. We're here to help in any way!

Greg Caniglia
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Too cumbersome of a process to obtain a quote. Then after the 30 minute interview they were the highest priced of 3 quotes

Jun 11, 2019

Greg, thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear about your proposal experience with us and will work to make it simpler for future homeowners.

Eric
June 4th, 2019 Rowland Heights, CA DETAILS

The company is sincere and responds quickly, but they haven't started on anything yet.

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Eric, thank you for the review! We are looking forward to working with you and showing you what we can do. Our goal is to earn 5 stars from you when you have the opportunity to update your review. Thank you again and please let us know how we can best support you during your installation!

Pete
June 4th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS

Chose them for quality and price. I got Panasonic panels. They're very powerful and come with a 25-year guarantee. The company responds within a couple hours on any question I have.

Jun 07, 2019

Pete, thank you for the great review! We're excited to hear the feedback. Please continue to let us know how we can support during and after your solar project.

Lucas
June 4th, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS

It looks great and was installed rather smoothly. Zenernet has been there every step of the way and provided a lot of information as they go.

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you Lucas for the wonderful feedback! We're so excited to see your system get installed and go live!!

June 4th, 2019 Walnut, CA DETAILS

They were the right price. The gentleman at Zenernet was right on the electric billing rate.

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you for the review! We look forward to helping you go solar!!

Pamela
June 4th, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS

We're about halfway through the solar process. Zenernet is really hearing what I say and taking things as slowly or quickly as I want to go

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Pamela, thank you for the great feedback! Let us know how we can continue to support you during your solar installation - we're here to help!

Patricia
June 3rd, 2019 Payson, AZ DETAILS

The guy we talked to definitely had all the answers and convinced us to go with Zenernet. The customer service is very responsive.

Jun 03, 2019

Great to hear, thanks Patricia!!

Luis
June 3rd, 2019 Buffalo Grove, IL DETAILS

They were thorough with the process and information that they were giving us. Every time we've reached out to them with questions, they've been quick with the reply. They've been pretty good with keeping us up to date.

Jun 03, 2019

Thanks Luis for the great review. Let us know how we can continue to support you during your solar installation!

Ron
June 3rd, 2019 Valencia, CA DETAILS

Seem to be more honest and up front about what they were doing more so than many other companies. The support from Zenernet itself is good but follow up isn't. I'm still waiting for them to show up. They're pulling things from different suppliers and different parts of the country and perhaps the coordination could stand some re-evaluation.

Debra
June 3rd, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS

Zeneret was the best ones that explained and gave us details that I needed. They actually came to the house and showed us how much energy we're using.

Jun 03, 2019

Debra, thanks for the wonderful review!

June 3rd, 2019 Sun City, CA DETAILS

Very informative but they don't necessarily keep in touch with me as much as I would like. Not finished with it yet and we're still in the permit stage and I'd like to be kept informed on how things are going a little better.

Jun 03, 2019

Thanks for the feedback - this is very important for us in order to do better by you and our other homeowners in the future. Let us know if there is anything else we can support you with. Thanks!

Jack
June 3rd, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

We get answers to our questions. The installation was very quick.

Jun 03, 2019

Thank you Jack for the great review!! Let us know how we can continue to support you with your new system!

Frank Kaimer
May 31st, 2019

I am selling my home in Calif. with solar.The installing company is out of business. My buyer wants info. on the system that I was not able to provide. No solar co. would help. Then a call to.Zenernet Solar Co.in Phoenix and my problems were over. Heather researched all the information on LG and Enphase to satisfy my buyer. I will be contacting Zeneret again as soon as I am settled in Mayer Ariz. Thanks to you Miss Heather

May 31, 2019

Glad we were able to help Frank. Please feel free to have the new homeowner contact us with any questions as well - we're happy to support if we can. And if you're looking to put solar on your new home, let us know. We'd love to provide you with a proposal. Best of luck to you!

BW
May 31st, 2019 Morgan, UT

Greg L is the Zenernet rep who contacted me. The first contact was the day of my inquiry and the follow up phone call was the next day. Greg is personable and genuine with very good knowledge and communication skills. I already have solar on my home and want to add more now. He asked questions and listened in order to understand my needs and offer a solution. I really like that a proposal can be worked up in minutes and is quickly followed with a bid for the complete job. Greg made clear that it may change, up or down, after an on-site inspection—especially since I already have solar components installed.

May 31, 2019

Thank you BW for the great feedback. We're lucky to have Greg on our team. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any other information as you consider your solar options with Zenernet. Thanks!

G. Metzgar
May 29th, 2019 Bridgeview, IL

Bailey, the Customer Service Rep answered all of my questions, and followed up with a second email with more information to help me better understand the entire process and costs. I highly recommend Zenernet. I had also done research on this Solar Company prior to calling them and read great reviews from others as well.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for the great review G! We're glad we could be of help!!

Adam
May 29th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Greg was a pleasure to talk to and answered all my questions. Walked me through the process and the different options I had to choose from.

May 31, 2019

Thanks Adam!! Let us know how we can be of service as you embark on your solar journey with us!

Elizabeth Bronzini
May 28th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Bailey was kind to answer all our questions along the way. She took extra time to talk through different loan scenarios with us, as well as a cash option.

May 31, 2019

Elizabeth, thank you for the wonderful review!

eric r campbell
May 24th, 2019 El Mirage, AZ

Very informative on the phone.. answered all my questions..

May 25, 2019

Eric, thanks for the great review! Let us know how we can help you with your quest for solar.

Arnold kunst
May 24th, 2019 Sacramento, CA

The proposal was thorough and appealing. I only wish circumstances had allowed us to avail of it and, in the process, reduce our carbon footprint.

May 25, 2019

Hi Arnold, thank you for the review. Let us know when the timing is better for you to review solar with you - we'd be happy to help. Thanks again!

Cathy
May 17th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO

Kyle helped us understand the benefits of solar. He was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Zenernet.

May 20, 2019

Thank you for the great review Cathy!!

Katherine Dreyer
May 16th, 2019 Layton, UT

Bailey was helpful, informative and professional.

May 16, 2019

Thank you Katherine for the great review!

Gena Curry
May 16th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

I was shopping for Solar Panels in Kansas City, MO. Greg from Zenernet came to my house and presented a great proposal. They really analyzed which systems would work with my property and gave a very competitive bid. If you are considering Solar Panels, I can confidently recommend you call Zenernet and giving them a shot at earning your business.

May 16, 2019

Gena, thank you very much for the review. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help as you review your solar options!

Stuart
May 10th, 2019 Rancho Mirage, CA

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with their great representative Greg. He skillfully explained their products to guide me to a good choice for my newly purchased home at a very competitive price.

May 10, 2019

Stuart, thank you for the excellent review!! We're looking forward to the opportunity to help you go solar!!

Marc Perlman
May 9th, 2019 Glendale, CA

Hello, If my rating of Zenernet is directly related to my conversation with Deanna S, then you did not provide enough stars. All my questions were answered cleanly and clearly, if she didn't know something, she didn't make up some lame excuse or try to convince me otherwise. I learned more about Solar today than in any previous conversation with other company representatives. I immensely enjoyed watching the "connected" computer screen proposal and configuration of panels for my property. This gave me a chance to ask more questions and feel comfortable about my, ( or reccomended ) choices. Deanna, Thank you!! We will speak again.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Marc for the thoughtful review and feedback! It looks like we need to work on getting you some more stars for your review!!

Lorraine
May 9th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

Heather was wonderful. Explained everything that was easily understood. She did a fantastic job with showing me all my options.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Lorraine for the wonderful review!! We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your solar research.

Adam
May 6th, 2019 Batavia, IL

Even though I did not purchase a system the consultation was very useful. Solar is just not for me at this time due to cost vs benefit

May 07, 2019

Thank you for the review Adam. We're sorry we can't help you with solar at this time, but keep us in mind for the future. Thanks!

LarrySandyEggo
May 2nd, 2019 San Diego, CA

Most comprehensive explanation of the solar systems available. Haven’t decided 100% yet on going solar but zenernet is my first choice.

May 06, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! And let us know what we can do to help you with your decision - we'd love to help you go solar with us!!

F Rivera
April 29th, 2019 Glendora, CA

Mark has been very helpful and upfront. Sent their proposal right away and entertained my questions in a very professional manner. Very honest and transparent in his correspondences.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the review! And let us know how we can continue to help as you look for the right solar provider for your home.

Maria
April 29th, 2019 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I feel like Zenernet took forever to complete my install. I was told my system would be on soon after install, but total time took over 100 days!

Apr 29, 2019

Maria, we're sorry to hear you're having a tough experience with solar, however it appears that you might be confusing us with a different solar provider. We don't have anyone in our installation network that matches your name and location. We would love the opportunity to help if at all possible. Please call us to discuss: 855-672-2922

Brandon
April 29th, 2019 Glen Ellyn, IL

Zenernet was highly professional throughout the sales process. I am a tough customer in the sense that I take my time and have many questions so I can fully understand before I decide to buy. I had multiple discussions with Greg (my salesperson) asking complex, challenging questions, many of which to understand the different systems, buying options, incentives, contract terms and installation implications. Greg was knowledgeable, patient, engaged and responsive and a key reason for my final decision. We chose Zenernet against multiple competitors and couldn't be happier with our decision. At this point, I'm very impressed and look forward to getting my system installed. I would definitely recommend Zenernet.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the great review Brandon! Greg is a true solar professional, we're lucky to have him on our team. We look forward to working with you on your solar project - please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need any support.

R. Pettit
April 29th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

While I ended up with a more local company. Zenernet was very professional, knew their stuff, easy to talk to.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you giving us an opportunity to earn you business. Congratulations on going solar, you're going to love it!

Dee Mcallister
April 25th, 2019 Yorba Linda, CA

I was contacted by a representative of Zenernet after expressing an interest in solar for my home. Our representative Heather, was positive, informative and very cooperative in listening to my concerns & finding solutions for them. I looked up Zenernet as a company & found they were highly rated. Even tho my husband & I decided not to put in solar now for personal reasons, I think Zenernet is a responsible company to deal with. Anyone considering solar should at least see what Zenernet has to offer. Thank You

Apr 25, 2019

Dee, thank you for the wonderful review. We're sorry we can't help you with solar at this time, but let us know if there's any way we can help you, or your family and friends with solar.

James
April 25th, 2019 Boise, ID

I had my initial and follow up meeting with Greg L from Zenernet. Greg did a great job of walking me through their product as well as the type and size of system they thought I needed. I still have a few more solar providers to talk to at this point but was impressed with my initial meeting. Greg was very transparent in the assumptions of energy costs going forward that they factored into their proposal and even worked with me to modify those assumptions based upon my specific energy provider.. I appreciated his honesty and professionalism. Still on the fence whether this makes sense for me yet.

Apr 25, 2019

James, thanks for the great review. We're lucky to have Greg on the Zenernet team, he's always looking for ways to go above and beyond for his homeowners. Let us know how we can support as you do your solar research. We're happy to help in any way.

Cristina M. Feldt
April 25th, 2019 Carol Stream, IL

We are very impressed with Heather M. She takes the time to answer any and all questions we have and is very knowledgeable of the product. With Heathers help we know we are buying the best from the best company in the Illinois area.

Apr 25, 2019

Cristina, thanks for the great review!! Heather is a great teammate - we're lucky to have her on the team. Let us know if you have any questions on solar or need any other support with your project.