DIRECTV verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

7.3

Get Quote
Call Now

DIRECTV got its start in 1990, and has since grown into a successful Fortune 100 company. It serves over 20 million customers in the United States and 16 million in Latin America, totaling over 37 million customers worldwide. The company offers over 190 full-time HD channels. Currently the consensus winner for sports programming, DIRECTV offers NFL SUNDAY TICKET, NHL® CENTER ICE®, and NBA LEAGUE PASS. It was awarded "#1 for Customer Service Satisfaction" according to the 2016 American Customer Satisfaction Index.

In June 2015, AT&T officially acquired DIRECTV, creating one of the largest television and communications companies in the world. The projections for this merger are positive for DIRECTV customers, giving them bundling opportunities on internet and phone service not available before. Many industry leaders predict this merger will allow DIRECTV to compete with other cable/satellite companies and their bundling services.

The Good

• HD DVR
  • Exclusive Sports Programming
  • Additional Technology Features
  • Watch in Multiple Rooms
  • Bundling and Competitive Pricing

HD DVR

DIRECTV is one of the leaders in the satellite TV industry, and proudly showcases its HD DVR, the Genie, as the new great technology in viewing pleasure. The Genie can record up to five shows at the same time, a definite standout feature among leading DVR providers.

Exclusive Sports Programming

DIRECTV has an exclusive partnership with the NFL, offering the NFL SUNDAY TICKET to sports fans across the country. NFL SUNDAY TICKET shows all the live, out-of-market NFL games every week from your favorite teams. For more features and remote accessibility, you are able to upgrade to NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, offering highlights, the RED ZONE CHANNEL®, DIRECTV FANTASY ZONE CHANNEL™, and NFL.com fantasy. NFL SUNDAY TICKET is included for a limited time on most initial sign up packages. When charged, costs range between $281.94 and $377.94. This package is a huge selling point, especially for individuals who have moved away from their favorite city and team and want to keep them a part of their weekends.

Not only does DIRECTV provide unmatched content streaming for every live NFL game, it also offers similar programming for the NBA, MLB, and NHL. These streaming services, while excellent for sports fans, are not exclusive to DIRECTV. All 50 states have access to DIRECTV and these excellent sports options.

Additional Technology Features

Tired of finding the schedules so you don't miss any of your teams' games or your favorite shows? Now the Genie will arrange a joint schedule of all of your games once you specify your teams. Outside of sports, the Genie will also recommend shows for viewing based on your prior viewing history. Sometimes it is hard to choose what you want to watch, but DIRECTV allows you to do split screen with two shows at once, meaning you don't have to miss a beat while figuring out where to place your focus.

If you find a show that you want to watch, but know you'll forget about it if you don't program it in the system, DIRECTV will let you search and save the program up to two weeks in advance.

Watch in Multiple Rooms

Another issue for customers in the past was bickering over who got to control the remote. But now any iPhone can act as a DIRECTV remote, and up to four different shows can be watched in four different rooms at any given time. So if you have enough TVs in the house, you'll never have to fight over watching your favorite show again. The Genie displays both HD programming and can be used to record shows. Better yet, those shows can be recorded in HD, meaning you can enjoy them fully without viewing them live.

Even though you can view different shows in multiple rooms, what about all of the extra equipment? With DIRECTV, all you need is a Genie Mini in each additional room. And if you have a Samsung or Sony Direct Ready TV, you actually don't need any external devices to run multiple TVs through the network.

Bundling and Competitive Pricing

DIRECTV pricing varies by package. You can expect to pay somewhere between $50 and $187 depending on the package chosen. Additional channels (like the NFL SUNDAY TICKET) may require additional costs.

Due to the recent merger between AT&T and DIRECTV, the future looks bright for customers being able to save money on bundling their phone and internet services with their TV programming. As time moves forward, we will know more how much value this will actually bring to current and future customers of DIRECTV. The future is promising for customers who want to save more money and get more services in return.

Learn more about DIRECTV

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Equipment and Service Complaints

Customer Complaints

DIRECTV has a number of customer complaints, bringing up many similar service and experience issues. Before going with DIRECTV, be sure to do your homework and review these potential negatives of DIRECTV and the satellite TV industry as a whole.

Equipment and Service Complaints

DIRECTV is satellite-based and is subject to all the disadvantages that come with a satellite system: reception is at the mercy of weather conditions. Heavy storms are likely to have an effect on your satellite connection. Weather does not affect the quality and availability of cable or fiber optic programming to the same extent as satellite TV service. Be prepared to deal with spotty connections during considerably adverse weather. DIRECTV is known for locking customers into great promotional packages for the first year of their contract; however, once the first year of the contract is complete, year two can bring a substantial increase in monthly programming prices. Be sure to check what your price will be for the second year of service with DIRECTV.

The Bottom Line

DIRECTV has an incredible assortment of channels, and their initial promotional packages are hard to beat. Getting locked into NFL SUNDAY TICKET for free (first year of contract only), coupled with one of the highest picture qualities available, for the first two years is a huge benefit for many; however, after the initial two year contract, it may be time to go hunting for a new TV service, due to price hikes. Be aware of early termination fees specified in your contract (up to $480), and also watch out for loss of reception during storms and money disputes with the big networks.

View Available Packages

Call our recommended rep over at DIRECTV below.

1.8

November 18th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

We changed to DirectTV from ATT Uverse as Costco had a very good price for 2 year contract. The channel lineup is adequate but the service delivered is extremely poor. Constant pixelating, pausing of video, and long pauses between channel changes. It is a very bad product and I will attempt to get out of the contract via Costco. I would not recommend anyone selecting this product.

November 15th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DIRECT TV. THEY ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT AND DISHONEST COMPANY I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH. If Yelp allowed negative stars I would choose that. I've had a horrible experience even BEFORE they actually installed the service. Signed up 9/13/16 and paid to reserve the install date to the 1st of October when I was set to move into my new house. The "price lock guaranteed" contract was for $80/mo for TV and internet (split $40 - $40). The install date was set incorrectly MULTIPLE times: 1) The associate that sold me the service scheduled the wrong date and the installer was at the property before I even received the keys to move in. 2) I rescheduled with that installer and I received an email with another wrong date. 3) I called to reschedule again and the date that I initially wanted was then booked so I had to push out the install date to a week or so after. A rep ended up crediting me for the inconvenience and added on free HBO & other movie channels. I was told to call after x number of months to cancel so a charge wouldn't generate. So, I did. At first the service seemed fine and then each month my bill would shoot up - $60, $70, $90, $100. I've had to call and waste 1-2 hours EACH MONTH since the start. Come to find out, when I cancelled the extra movie channels, the associate misunderstood and changed my package type from Select to Choice, changing the billing amount. Each time I called the new rep would simply apply a credit instead of fixing the root of the problem. Last month, when I spoke to a "Loyalty Department" rep, I was told (even though all fault was on their end**) they were not able to give me the "price lock guaranteed" package and pricing that was on my start up contract. Instead, the Loyalty rep said the closest he could get to my quoted price was $60/month and that he would give a credit of the remaining difference ($60 monthly - $40 quoted price = $20 credit x 18 months left on the contract - Totaling $360). Of course, I have no choice but to accept because cancelling would've gotten me a $360 FEE. One month without a bill goes by and low and behold - I get another bill. Clearly, the credit was applied incorrectly AGAIN because I shouldn't have gotten a bill for a long while. Turns out he only credited me less than half of what he said - $120. Just now I made my monthly 2 hour call to complain and had to go through customer service, the loyalty department, my call dropping, back with customer service and the loyalty department, and a supervisor from the loyalty department - ALL so I could be told I'd get a call back from their back office to change the account. Currently waiting for another awesome call. UPDATE - 11/14/17 - NEVER GOT A CALL BACK and continued to pay the higher price. Was on the phone with the "Loyalty Department" again because my price went up...AGAIN. Extremely fed up with these swindlers and am cancelling their service. Was on the phone for 2 hours and 13 minutes this time and their reasoning for my price change is different again. The representative is reading notes made from each time I've called, trying to explain why it's priced that way. I keep notes of every call I make as well and the dates and complaints were not the same. I asked for a copy of all their notes and was denied. "They don't give out that information." WHY?? No idea since he was just reading them verbatim for me. I'm compiling all the contracts and phone conversations I've had with them so I can speak to my lawyer and dispute the charges. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DIRECT TV. THEY ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT AND DISHONEST COMPANY I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH.

November 14th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS

Has anyone else had a really terrible experience with DIRECTV? I have been with them for many years (since the antenna went away) but, wow, I am ready for a change! My sister convinced us we were paying too much and that we needed DVR’s. Yes, it has been awhile since we upgraded so I called last week and told them I was shopping around and asked for their best deal. It sounded good, but I still wanted to check. I called today and was told I couldn’t have that offer, hmmmm. So I was patient enough to work with the guy for their ‘best deal’. I still thought it was okay, but before being sent to a verification person, I asked if I could change one small thing. He said yes and put me on hold. The next person that picked up the phone was verification and said he had nothing to verify, so he sent me back to customer service. She checked and said my order had been cancelled and there was nothing she could do, that I couldn’t reorder for 48 hours. Asked for a supervisor, who sent me to loyalty, and still no one could do anything! So after almost two hours on the phone, I have nothing! Incredibly terrible customer service!

November 14th, 2017 Oconomowoc, WI DETAILS

Biggest mistake I ever made was switching to directtv. From not getting premium channels free like I was told to incorrect bills to live stream g mot working on laptops. The directtv app does not work on Windows 10 platform. Customer service loyalty rep really does care. You get a "sorry" and theres nothing we can do for you. So here i pay for a service i can not use. No credit, no nothing.

November 13th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

My past history with Direct TV was excellent. In 13 years i gave them close to $12,000. I relocated so had to start another contract. I live on $730 a month. In the past i worked PT. It took me a year to find steady reliable work. I contacted Direct TV and asked to scale my bill down. I could not afford the $70 a month. I was treated like a number. My communication ceased when they included $500 to my account. I couldn't afford the service. What makes them think i can pay the contract fee? My credit history was spot on. Do you think that was accounted for? I will never have satellite service again. I was very disappointed in the entire deal. If i had just racked up my bill for months without paying i could see a point. But i payed as much as i could afford. Thanks for showing me that corporate monsters are just that.

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

DirectTV has a great sports section but it frustrates me that I can't get access to baseball games because of blackouts. Let me watch my Oakland A's DirectTV!

November 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I'm currently forced to pay for Directv in the apartment complex I'm living in and I find it irritating that Directv is so far behind the streaming industry. The user interface to lookup programs is archaic, painful to navigate and their remotes are bulky and outdated. There is little that Directv has to offer that people can't get elsewhere and I find them irrelevant unless they can figure out a way to compete. They are also expensive, slow connections, their customer service is painful to deal with and you're locked in a contract. The only way for you to get a lower price is to sign a TWO year contract.

November 9th, 2017 Princeton, WV

This is worse experience ever. They lie to you to get you to sign up for service then don't follow thru. Was on phone Nov 9, 2017. From 12:17 pm to 2:59 transferred 11 different times and hung up on twice from supervisor that said it was my problem. Finally Las person helped me out. But still not happy with direct TV. I want rid of service after 3 month but they want to charge me $420 to cancel. Not going to pay that or bill till they follow thru on there part.

November 6th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I don't really watch our DirecTV as much anymore because I usually just watch Netflix. I like the channels I get on my DirecTV though. I have always liked working with them too because they give us good deals.

November 4th, 2017 New Albany, IN DETAILS

That I can not watch iu football they say the cw channel guess what direct does not carry that channel. GO figure

November 2nd, 2017 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

We really like DIRECTV's NFL SUNDAY TICKET!

October 30th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Been a customer for 21 years. I'm sure we could do research and find a cheaper way to watch TV, but we can't seem to give up the convenience. Customer service has been good. They are loyal to their long time customers.

October 30th, 2017 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

I hate when it rains or wind is blow the TV goes out.

October 26th, 2017 Roy, UT DETAILS

Service not good when there are storms or other disturbances and constant price hikes.

October 10th, 2017 VA

Months ago, May 2017 to be exact, is when I closed my account because the bill continuously swelled. After deciding to go “Cold Turkey” without cable, I closed my account, and in turn, a kit was mailed to me which was too small to support my larger Genie. Well needless to say, and months later, I have received nothing but conflicting information as to what should be returned or not. The most recent drama, was receiving a “Return Kit” without an actual return Air bill! Now, the joke here is that in total, five calls were made to correct this issue, but it gets better… I received a phone call from some collection agency stating that “I owe AT&T or DIRECTV (or whatever their name is) $100+ for equipment that I had never returned. Wait! You mean the equipment that I have been trying to return for the last 4 to 5 months? Ok, now I’m pissed! Taking the initiative, I inquired about returning this crap with all expense to fall on me and that got me know where!!! Today, I reached out to these folks again to see what can be done? Which another rep by the name of Fatima stated “You can just drop off the boxes to either a local FedEx or UPS location and they will be more than helpful to return them to the correct location.” Well, I didn’t know that the return locations were based on you zip so, ok, I’ll bite. I left my office just before lunch to finally drop off the boxes and was told by the UPS guy that “yes we can send it, only if you have a tracking number or sheet which should have been provided by DirecTv.” OMG, the water is now running down my back, because I had only been screwed once in my life and that took place when I purchased my first car. At least they smiled when they gave me my so called incentives followed by no lube!! Finally, I made one last call to see what can be done and then I was told that “Fatima” had placed another order for a Return Kit and that I would have to wait another 7 days to see if 1) the box will be delivered; 2) an Air Bill will be attached and finally; 3) that they finally got it right. If only this site would allow me to rate with zero stars, I would feel somewhat better!!

October 9th, 2017 Concord, NC

Worlds worst company! I have had service for a year and a half. In that time the contractor that installed it did damage to my house in the 5 digit range. Direct tv said it was the contractors issue and the contractor said it was Direct tvs problem. I had to file with my homeowners to keep the damage from getting worse. Then about six months later my bill went up about 200%. I contacted both direct tv and AT&T trying to reduce the bill dozens of calls and three months I finely got someone who could look into the problem but was not too concerned about the issue. I ended up canceling service due to the your bill is what it is commit and attitude. I wasn't even offered a credit or apology for the trouble i was put through. I will never use them again and would never recommend them to anyone. If someone asks tell them to use anyone else.

October 8th, 2017

I cringe whenever a larger conglomerate corporation purchase a business to merge product or services. Prices for equipment, on-site technical service are by-products of greed.

October 3rd, 2017 Pittsfield, MA

DO NOT, DO NOT do business with DirectTV. For a year now I do nothing but get the runaround when trying to solve a problem. We have been billed incorrectly from day 1. They say they will call back and never do. We stopped paying so it is in collections. You are not able to speak to anyone to dispute your bill. They want you to put it in writing and mail it to them. All I have asked for is to speak to someone who can resolve this with me, correct the errors and move forward. The 800 number tells me to email billing, billing chat tells me to contact the 800 number. Tired of the runaround. You sign up and then they hold you hostage for two years without any help but yet keep charging a fee. Thanks Direct TV for nothing but a lot of aggravation while you continue to collect your $$$$.

September 29th, 2017

I have been trying to schedule a follow up service call for a week. The problem was not fixed the first time. I have been a subscriber for many years and I believe my calls to them are being deliberately blocked /dropped. AT&T has ruined a once excellent company.

September 17th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ

I have been a Direct TV customer on an off for 10 years. Ultimately I live in an area where there are few alternatives, but I cant wait until there are alternatives because I literally can not stand everything about Direct TV. From their disconnected aggressive third party sales tactics that ignore basic laws like DNC, internal DNC requests, non rebuttal states and etc. Additionally their customer service is AWFUL. I just waited for 30 minutes someone answered, put me on hold for 5 minutes, and then hung up on me. Now customer service number is busy. This literally just happened 2 minutes ago but par for the course over my dealings with them for many years. They could care less and have AWFUL customer service IF You can even get anyone on the phone. Finally their pricing is deceptive and unless you want to call in ever 3 months and complain your bill will eventually be over $200 even when they promise you when you sign up it will never exceed 140...

September 13th, 2017 Mabank, TX

horrible service, Representatives don't even know their products. Then Billing issue after Billing issue. No one seems to know how to fix any thing. I called to suspend service while out of town, person said it was taken care of, until (while out of town) I get and e-mail saying I am passed due (on service that should be turned off). I have called a dozen times to resolve issue and no one can fix, pull calls, or knows what to do. Per Representatives instructions I have talked to managers, sent e-mails, filled out forms. And yet NO ONE HAS CALLED, NO ONE HAS FIXED OR DONE ANYTHING. This is a horrible company.

September 8th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

My bill went from $63 to $120 with automatic deduction. Got on line with "Chat" and they promised that there is a "glitch" on their system. Another month went by and still was billed for $120/mo. I talked to "Chat" again and they reassured me that they had escalated this to higher up and will get back to me but so far I have not heard a peep from Directv. All I get is lip service! I am a senior and hearing impaired and getting on the phone to complaint is not an option for me. One would think they would improve their Customer Service since there overall rating is at the bottom of the pile.

August 25th, 2017 Denton, TX

Everyone needs to stay away from Direct TV. They are the most dishonest company ever to deal with. I went to cancel after my contract with them had expired only to find out they had added me on to another contract without my knowledge. They said that the bad receiver that was replaced locked me in to another contract. When I had called about having problems with my receiver the lady I talked to said I had the wrong receiver and needed to get the correct one. She never said a word about that locking me in to another contact. Now they are trying to charge me a cancellation fee. Very very dishonest company. I at one time talked to a gentleman that I explained all this to and he told me to let the person I talk to about my cancellation to pass this on to his office and they would take care of it. Well I did that and they are still trying to charge me the cancellation fee. Very dishonest group. Do not use Direct TV they are a rip off company.

August 25th, 2017

Because I would not purchase a tablet through ATT they would not continue my package which I still had 11 months on. They kept hanging up on me. I don't think I should have to purchase anything I won't use.

August 24th, 2017

After being a customer for over three years, I was reviewing my bill and felt I was paying far too much (as a matter of fact, I could get much more for less money with the competitor). So I called them to find out what they could do for me. I was told, point blank, that there was nothing that could be done and they'd respect my decision to change to their competitor. Now, no company owes anyone a discount, but I was surprised that they were willing to watch over $100 a month ($124 actually) walk out the door and go to their competitor where, as I say, I got more for my $100 (even). Very disappointed in a company I'd been championing up until this point.

August 22nd, 2017

Direct TV is the worst fraudulent company ever. They promise you the world and then lock you into a contract that is so far from what you had been told it would be . If you're thinking about getting this company included into your household... DO NOT !!! Do your research online first. I have only come across one stars , and only because the sites will not allow you to give ZERO STARS . I can't believe this company is still in service. Considering what I have seen in reviews it's only a matter of time before they are going to be forced out of business. I was told I would receive a $200 visa gift card and three months of fee premium channels. Never received either. I was also told my cable and internet was going to cost me $110 a month. Again false. They are now charging me $160. I left Bright House because they were raising my bill by $10 . I was paying $120 a month for internet and cable. I had MUCH BETTER channels with them and fast speed internet. The whole reason I switched cable service was to save a couple dollars. Boy what a mistake. I have seven coworkers who had warned me about signing with them. I wish I would have listened. The customer service for Direct TV is the worst I have ever experienced. I'm never on the phone with them for less than 1 1/2 hours. Needless to say as soon as my two year contract is up I'm leaving Direct TV behind with a big smile on my face.

August 22nd, 2017

We have had AT&T Uverese for a long time. Recently switched to direct tv because AT&T contacted me and said I could save money. The service is crap. I was assured the technology was very different than years ago. Have had direct less than thirty days and already have had many issues where I can't watch local channels the Tv freezes or just stops working all together. I feel I was misled and lied to. When I call all I get is the same response "oh I am sorry you are having issues. We are having technical issues." When I ask what can be done and I want to go back to direct TV I get "you signed a two year contract when the system goes out just call us". Call for what? To hear there is nothing I can do because I signed a 2 year contract? This company should be ashamed of themselves. Pathetic to lie to people this way.

August 12th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I renewed with you. Was promised free sunday ticket and you LIED. You record calls and wouldn't pull the recording. Somehow free sunday ticket did not end up my notes although I was assured that they were there

August 11th, 2017 Yukon, OK

If you want very spotty service, if you do not mind not having service even in light rain, much less severe weather when you really need it, if you want your cost to sky rocket, this is the service for you!!!!!

August 5th, 2017

Do Not sign up for direct tv the Reps that have assisted us are rude , unprofessional and disrespectful. The service at our house is in my daughter's name she ordered cable for us (her parents) in her name because she wanted us to watch tv more. We did not have cable at home for years. (Cable was a present from our only child) I am disabled and I'm home a lot due to my disability. My husband has cancer . I have spine issues and mobility issues permanently. My daughter and I have been trying to contact Direct Tv for 4 days to get boxes to return the DVRs, Receivers and remote controls. We are moving and at the new home I already have Comcast in my name. I'm trying to send back this equipment to DirecTTv and get a final bill so that I can pay it my daughter's credit isn't affected. She keeps encountering very rude customer service reps. I have heard the calls via speaker phone. She has advised the reps in my presence she has a father on life support and a disabled mom. Direct Tv has very rude and unprofessional Customer Service Reps. They could careless I filed a complaint with the FCC but wanted to try and reach out to warn other consumers as well. Please Save yourself the time , money and energy. Do not select Direct Tv as your cable provider. I believe this company needs to be investigated.

August 2nd, 2017

service technician never showed up nor called so had to set another appointment and wait again:( Supposed to be getting an upgrade to wireless so we'll see) Frustrating tv/ internet service lose service of tv in rain & internet sometimes very weak

August 2nd, 2017 Medina, OH

I entered in to a contract with direct TV in October 2016. The contract was for two years . I changed Services because I believed I was going to get a better deal . Looking for a better deal has created problems that I never anticipated . I was given false information by the sales associate about the package I was purchasing. This was the beginning of an ongoing problem with special promotion deals dropping off of my account and adding more and more each month to the amount that I had to pay . So the bill keeps going up and we end up getting less and less for our money . We are paying more now in less than one year with Direct TV than we were with our previous carrier . I was also told by the sales associate before signing up with Direct TV that the up front price that I was given would be good for 24 months. I've since been told that I was given false information. What is a consumer supposed to do since I haven't been able to get any information to resolve my issues with Direct TV .

August 2nd, 2017

I have been a Direct TV customer for 18 years. Or my family has at least. We unfortunately were going to switch to dish giving the outstanding offer. I called Direct first and told them the reasoning and they understood and was rather concerned. They treated us like they cared and appreciated our business. I won't disclose the deal we agreed upon to stay but it was very reasonable. The best phone call I have ever had with a company. We're loyal to them and they proved it mattered to them.

August 1st, 2017 Wake Forest, NC

I was first put on hold by a rep that was supposedly getting a manager for 30 minutes. I never spoke with the manager. 2 reps snapped at me. I was transferred so much i spoke to 8 people. 2 of those people gave me false information about a department that doesn't exist. It took me 2 hours to cancel my service.

August 1st, 2017

Been with DTV over 12 years, no premium channels but bill continue to rise. Leaving for sling, Netflix or Xfinity. Anything but DTV/ATT! ✌?

July 27th, 2017 Far Rockaway, NY

I enjoyed direct tv it had several channels to view gave me many give backs free rentals

July 26th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

They are far cheaper than others

July 25th, 2017

Direct tv is the worse company ! Called to cancel the service and was informed of a cancellation fee which is no big deal , but when the final bill came in they added showtime to my bill which I never had the whole time I had direct tv. They break the bill down into two separate parts which makes you pay more in fees . Customer service is garbage! I was on the phone for 2 hours and basically got told 3 different prices and then when it was all said and done , they tried to tell me that the lady I spoke to doesn't exist. The supervisor told me I was a liar, and when I asked for the corporate office number they tried to tell me they didn't have one !! Spoke to several very rude people . They obviously don't care about customer service. Then when I got off the phone and pulled up my account, all the credit they said they would give me wasn't there ! I wouldn't go with this company at all!!

July 15th, 2017 Stevensville, MT

DirectTV added services and multiple charges to the bill without knowledge of account holder. DirectTV would not take the charges off his bill, said they could only apply a credit to future charges of the account. Since I wanted to close the account immediately, giving a credit for incorrect charges

July 14th, 2017 Lacey, WA

On June 12, 2017, I contacted DirecTv regarding my future move and set up an appointment for July 1, 2017, to have a technician install equipment at the new address. On June 30, 2017, I contacted DirecTv regarding my appointment and explained the house was not ready for the technician to install services and re-scheduled for July 11, 2017 from 12p-4pm and asked the representative to add a note to let the technician to try to get to the residence as close to 4pm as they can. On July 11, 2017, my girlfriend received an email at 8:07am stating that the technician was arriving at the residence between 8:20am and 8:50am. This was unusual since the appointment was scheduled for 12pm-4pm. On July 11, 2017, at approximately 9:30, I contacted DirecTv and explained what was happening and they saw the note requesting the technician to be at the residence close to 4pm, however, they stated that the appointment was set for 8am-12pm. I explained that was obviously a mistake in scheduling, especially since the note asked for the technician to arrive closer to 4pm. The representative stated that they will “re-schedule” my appointment for the same day, July 11, 2017, for 12pm-4pm. On July 11, 2017, I left work early to be at my residence waiting for the DirecTv technician. I waited until 5pm when I called DirecTv to see where the technician was. I also went online into the DirecTv chat to speak with someone while on hold on the phone. While on the chat with representative Ryhan, I explained the situation and they stated they could again, re-schedule my appointment for still July 11, 2017, between 4pm and 6pm. I informed the Ryhan that at this time, that's only 35 minutes from now. He confirmed that the appointment is set for July 11, 2017, between 4pm and 6pm. No one showed up for this appointment either. While still on the phone, I spoke with a representative and they stated that they could only re-schedule the appointment for July 18, 2017. I explained that is not acceptable and will not work. I was eventually sent to the representative's supervisor, Brianna, who basically stated the same thing. I requested a copy of the recorded phone conversation from the June 30, 2017 conversation and she stated that she does not have access to that. I asked to be transferred to someone who does have access and she stated that she can't transfer me to anyone that would have access. I then asked to be transferred to her supervisor, which was Senior Site Manager, Brett. He again stated he does not have access to the recorded conversation and the only thing he could do is re-schedule the appointment for July 18, 2017. I again, explained that appointment does not work and Comcast would be out prior to the July 18, 2017, appointment. This phone conversation last more than 77 minutes and I was transferred around with no assistance except to re-schedule for an appointment a week later that a technician may or may not show up. I ended the conversation by getting the address to DirecTv Office of General Counsel to inform them of this situation and request a copy of the conversation. Still on July 11, 2017, at 6:30pm, I called DirecTv again to cancel my service due to the technician not showing up again from the confirmed 4pm-6pm appointment. After requesting to cancel my service with the first representative, he transferred me to another department. After once again explaining all the mistakes on DirecTv's part to the new representative, she tried to re-schedule my appointment. She also stated that I had an appointment scheduled for July 18, 2017 between 8am-2pm. I informed her that I never agreed to that appointment and that I wish to cancel my service. She then transferred me to the Loyalty Department and I spoke with Daisy. After explaining the circumstances once more, Daisy was able to give DirecTv another chance and scheduled an appointment for July 13, 2017 between 12pm and 4pm. In total, this conversation with all the representatives took more than 58 minutes. July 13, 2017, at 12:42pm, my girlfriend received an email stating that the technician was on his was and will arrive at the residence between 1pm and 1:30pm. At 1:03pm, I received a call from a DirecTv dispatcher stating that the technician is at the listed residence, but the occupants do not know me. This was my old address and I informed the dispatcher of the new address and the technician arrived shortly thereafter. Upon arriving at approximately 1:15pm, the technician, J.O., stated that he was here for technical issues. I informed him that it was supposed to be for move and complete install of the system. J.O. stated that his work order was incorrect and he had to call dispatch. He spoke with his dispatcher and stated that he couldn't perform the install due to the incorrect work order and that he would speak to his supervisor and be here at 8am to perform the install. July 14, 2017, at 8:42am, I called DirecTv to cancel my service due to consistent errors and unable to get the service installed on multiple attempts. I spoke with the first representative, Esperanza, and after having to have her repeat what she was saying multiple times due to lack of her English-speaking ability, she transferred me to Sherrie. After 15 minutes of explaining what was going on, Sherrie tried to arrange to have the installation department call me within an hour to see if there is an appointment for today. I informed her that this was unacceptable due to already having previous appointments, confirmation of the other appointments and still they did not show up. So, a phone to call to inform me of a possible appointment date and time isn't going to work and that I need to be disconnected from the service. Eventually, at 9:01am, Sherrie stated that the service was disconnected. To me, this is all unacceptable and terrible customer service. Due to the lack of follow-through and mistakes on DirecTv's part, I will be requesting to have my early termination fee waived.