DIRECTV Logo

DIRECTV

8.1

LAST UPDATED: November 12th, 2022

DIRECTV got its start in 1990 and has since grown into a successful Fortune 100 company. The company offers over 190 full-time HD channels as well as high-speed internet and a streaming service. In a side-by-side comparison with other digital satellite providers, it holds up very well.

In June 2015, AT&T officially acquired DIRECTV, creating one of the largest television and communications companies in the world. The projections for this merger are positive for DIRECTV customers, giving them bundling opportunities on internet and phone service not available before.

DIRECTV is a digital satellite entertainment service provider that offers homeowners and businesses more than 250 channels throughout all 50 states.

Read our verified DIRECTV reviews (below) to see what other customers are saying about their service.

The Good

• DIRECTV Packages and Pricing Information
  • Genie® HD DVR and Direct Remote
  • Channel Lineup and Selection
  • DIRECTV App
  • Save Money By Bundling

DIRECTV Packages and Pricing Information

Each DIRECTV package offers a variety of channels each designed to entertain clients of all ages. Customers can enjoy hit shows, movies, sports, and more.

DIRECTV is transparent about what each package includes (even mentioning notable channels), allowing customers to make an informed decision about which package will work best for them.

SELECT™

• Price: $49.99 per month*
  • Channels: 155+
  • Notable Channels: USA, TBS, Nick, and Disney
  • Genie® HD DVR Included

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $40/mo + taxes until discount starts. $78/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change).

ENTERTAINMENT

• Price: $54.99 per month*
  • Channels: 160+
  • Notable Channels: ESPN, ESPN2, FS1

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $45/mo + taxes until discount starts. $90/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change).

CHOICE™

• Price: $59.99 per month*
  • Channels: 185+
  • Notable Channels: Travel, OWN, E!
  • NFL Sunday Ticket 2019 Season Included
  • 1 Year of HBO Included (at no extra charge)
  • Genie® HD DVR Included

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $50/mo + taxes until discount starts. $105/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change). Regional Sports Fee up to $7.49/mo. is extra & applies.*

XTRA

• Price: $69.99 per month
  • Channels: 235+
  • Notable Channels: FX, Golf, NHL, NBC
  • NFL Sunday Ticket 2019 Season Included

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $60/mo + taxes until discount starts. $117/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change). Regional Sports Fee up to $7.49/mo. is extra & applies.*

ULTIMATE

• Price: $74.99 per month*
  • Channels: 250+
  • Notable Channels: IFC, Chiller, Esquire, FXM
  • NFL Sunday Ticket 2019 Season Included
  • 1 Year of HBO Included (at no extra charge)
  • Genie® HD DVR Included

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $65/mo + taxes until discount starts. $128/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change). Regional Sports Fee up to $7.49/mo. is extra & applies.*

PREMIER™

• Price: $124.99 per month*
  • Channels: 330+
  • Notable Channels: HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, CINEMAX®
  • NFL Sunday Ticket 2019 Season Included

*Plus taxes for 12 mos. w/ 24-mo. agreement. Autopay & Paperless bill required. Pay $115/mo + taxes until discount starts. $181/mo. in months 13-24 (subject to change). Regional Sports Fee up to $7.49/mo. is extra & applies.*

Genie® HD DVR and Direct Remote

In decades past, TV plans came with one remote for one television. Now any iPhone mobile device can act as a DIRECTV remote, and viewers can watch up to four different shows in four different rooms at any given time. Android devices can be used as well. but only if they are running on at least an IOS 6.0.

The Genie HD can be used to record shows. Better yet, those shows can be recorded in HD, meaning customers can fully enjoy them without viewing them live.

The ability to view different TV channels in multiple rooms has many customers asking, "How much extra equipment will I need?" With DIRECTV, all you'll need is a Genie Mini in each additional room. Also, if you have a Samsung or Sony Direct Ready TV, you don't need any external devices to run multiple TVs through the network.

With each of the plans listed above, customers will receive a set-top box in the mail that allows them to do their own installation. Instructions for setting up your DIRECTV set-top box are sent with the package and customer support is also available.

Channel Lineup and Selection

DIRECTV has plenty of channels to offer. The TV provider has over 200 live HD channels and a plethora of movie channels. Customers can enjoy HD and 4K programming with each of its channel packages; however, you'll need to purchase a higher tier plan or upgrade to gain access to a larger variety of HD channels and premium channel options. You'll also need a 4K TV to access the 4K channels.

DIRECTV's PREMIER package gives consumers access to premium channels. If you're obsessed with HBO's Game of Thrones or if you can't miss an episode of Showtime's Billions, then this DIRECTV package is perfect for you.

Sports fans love DIRECTV because it is the exclusive TV provider for the NFL Sunday Ticket. This sports package lets consumers watch live, HD, out-of-market games every Sunday. This plan particularly appeals to football fans, but if you're a fan of another major sport, no need to panic — DIRECTV still has you covered. You can select from any of these sports packs:

• DIRECTV SPORTS PACK: CBS Sports, ESPN Classic, Outdoor Channel, etc.
  • MLB EXTRA INNINGS®: MLB Network, MLB Network Strike Zone
  • MLS DIRECT KICK
  • NBA LEAGUE PASS

Every DIRECTV channel pack has plenty of options for even the pickiest entertainment buffs. There is plenty of original content, classic movies, and sports channels for everyone. Just be sure to pick a channel lineup that satisfies your entertainment needs.

DIRECTV App

The DIRECTV App lets subscribers stream live news, sports, along with their favorite shows and movies. The app gives customers flexibility as they can decide when and where they want to watch. Users can watch live, On Demand, or download their DVR recordings to their device, to view it anywhere. The DIRECTV app comes at no extra cost, can stream on up to 5 screens at once, and uses no data when customers have AT&T wireless.

The DIRECTV App can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.

Save Money By Bundling

When bundling your DIRECTV Satellite TV services with other services (phone and internet service), you can save a decent amount of money. The AT&T internet plan costs $50 per month and the most basic DIRECTV package costs $35 per month. The DIRECTV and AT&T Internet bundle costs $75 per month, saving customers $10 a month. What customers get is over 155 channels, internet speeds up to 100 Mbps, over 99 percent reliability, and the professional installation fee waived — a $99 value. Customers can even sign up for a 3-month preview of HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, and Cinemax® at no extra charge.

The Bad

• Possible Monthly Fees
  • Price Increases
  • Signal Relies on the Weather

Possible Monthly Fees

Before signing up with DIRECTV, it is essential to review the terms and conditions for each service to be sure of any additional fees or taxes. Too often, customers sign up and don't find out the terms until it's too late. Here are some possible fees a DIRECTV customer might run into:

Activation and Installation

For each of the DIRECTV packages, there is a $19.95 activation fee

While installing DIRECTV, the technician may need to make changes to a telephone line or provide extra equipment, etc. and a custom work fee may be applied. The technician should prepare a Custom Work Rate sheet to explain what was needed and the cost.

However, customers should also be aware that there is a non-activation fee. DIRECTV will charge $150 per receiver if it is not activated within 30 days of installation.

Equipment

There is an Equipment Lease Fee. The fee for the first receiver is waived; after that, each additional receiver costs $5 per month

At the end of their agreement, customers should return their equipment to avoid DIRECTV's Unreturned Equipment Fee, which can range from $55-$470 per receiver

Cancellation and Deactivation:

Customers who don't fulfill their Programming Agreements may be charged a pro-rated fee of up to $480.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of DIRECTV's site that states there is an "early termination fee" or cancellation fee of $20 per month, for each month remaining on the TV agreement.

If a customer deactivates their service or if DIRECTV deactivates the service, there may be a charge of $15. This charge is made apart from the termination fee.

Extra Fees:

DVR Service Fee: Choosing a DVR or HD DVR receiver will automatically enroll customers in a DVR service. The cost is $6 per month, no matter how many DVR or HD DVR receivers they've selected.

HD Access Fee: For an additional $10 per month customers can receive HD channels

Late Fees: If a customer misses their monthly bill and fails to pay within the grace period, DIRECTV will charge $5 or the maximum amount permitted by law.

Price Increases

DIRECTV is known for locking customers into great promotional packages for the first year of their contract; however, once the first year of the contract is complete, year two can bring a substantial increase in monthly programming prices. While this is stated in the contract, it comes as an unwelcome surprise to many customers. A number of DIRECTV reviews mention these price hikes as one of the top frustrations with this satellite tv service. If this is a deal breaker for you, there are other service providers that offer set pricing for the length of your contract.

Signal Relies on the Weather

DIRECTV is satellite-based and is subject to all the disadvantages that come with a satellite dish: reception is at the mercy of weather conditions. Heavy storms are likely to affect the satellite connection. Weather does not affect the quality and availability of cable tv or fiber optic programming to the same extent as satellite TV service. Be prepared to deal with spotty live tv connections  as connections to local channels during considerably adverse weather.

The Bottom Line

There are plenty of reasons to consider signing up with DIRECTV.

DIRECTV offers an incredible assortment of specialty and local channels, and its initial promotional packages are hard to beat. However, be aware that after your one or two year contract is up, there will be a price hike; while this isn't unusual in the industry, this catches many customers off guard. Customer reviews did not take this lightly.

DIRECTV is the exclusive provider for the NFL Sunday Ticket. This is great for football fans who want to watch those out-of-market games, but if football isn't your game, then there are plenty of other sports packages to select from. You'll also have access to plenty of channels, so you can pick the perfect TV package. These perks make DIRECTV hard competition for a number of Satellite and Cable TV providers.

If you're looking for a TV provider that provides a plethora of HD channels, amazing sports packages, and gives you access to exclusive content, then it might be worth looking into DIRECTV.

Call our recommended rep over at DIRECTV below.

2.8

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

DirectTV is a decent satellite cable company. I was with them for a long time before switching due to their increased pricing. The reliability of the service is okay but not the best.

MdNasim Al Sajjad Gaithersburg, MD

They are scammer. I was given a 90 dollar per month package for both tv and internet at 2016 by a salesman. I took the deal. After 1st month they have sent me bills 90 for internet and 90 for tv. I called the customer care, they said they will adjust from the next month. Next month again 2 bills came and some extra added bills. I called customer care, after talking with 3 of them, I didn't get any help. They denied my tv and internet deal. They have sent internet from frontier and now they said they never heard of the company. Then I found I was scammed by directTV. I told them to cancel my account. Now the funny story, they were asking 300 for early termination. I didn't pay. So they put early termination fee and their equipment charges on my credit report. My credit went down. Also frontier put early termination fee and their equipment fee to my credit report. After 4 years I was forced to pay those to build my credit. Be aware of those directTV scammer. Be aware

LD&JM Kayes Spring, TX

Two problems with DirecTV. One big, one small. We had DirecTV disconnected August 21st 2022. At that time we had a negative $21.01 balance. We were told an AT&T refund vendor would be sending a Debit card with in 4 weeks. We received a billing statement 10/19/22 showing a negative $14.67 balance. Today, 10/27/22, we received a Debit card for $14.67. Calling the 800-351-5000 was a waste of time. The big problem is when I went up on the roof to remove the DicerTV dish I noticed roof damage. Apparently the installer changed the mounting bracket from one location to another location, a few inches away. He missed the roof rafters on the first try and just caulked the first try screws. Over time these screws leaked and rain water got to the sheathing under the shingles. Otherwise we had fairly good service with DirecTV over the years, but now we are streaming TV over light fiber.

Carlos M. Hercules, CA

Directv is okay. not the best but its duaable. you get a lot of channels but not so many good channels. would be better if there were more movie channels. it's expensive I wish it was cheaper. have been with direct tv for 20 years now. never had a problem with them. there dvr are now better now that they are wireless. you can record a lot of things in their dvr.

Billy Bishop Sarasota, FL

Ordered the free week deal. Cancelled my subscription “2 Days” before my deadline was up. Have screenshots to prove it. I never trusted DirectTv after what some family and friends have said. That’s why I just went with the free deal, for starters. So, I get a message from my bank saying, “my bank account went into the negative”, my phone just got turned off and my bank account, over-drafted. What happened…..DirectTV took my money out, without my permission and even though I cancelled. Ok, so, that’s not the fun part. I get in touch with them online and they say that I never cancelled. Even though I have the screen shots?? Why? No at DirectTv knows. I even tried to send them the screenshots of me cancelling, but they don’t care. So, now, they say, “They can’t cancel me online and I have to call an agent.” Even though I just explained to them, my phone got turned off. They were very rude and misleading at the least. D.O.N.T do business with DirectTv. They screwed my money, day, and need to find an online streaming service!! They are thieves!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Laura Brunetto

I give 1 star to direct TV, if I could give zero, I would. They keep raising the prices every couple of months and they are losing shows to the paid such as paramount plus, disney us, why raise your prices when we have lost at least 15 shows. Customer service or lack of is a other big issue. They hire people who can't answer basic questions about their available plans. Time to hit the road and leave direct. I'm not the only one leaving. 400,000 customers have already left people save your money and go to another company. We have been unhappy with direct tv gor years. No one wants to pay $150 a MONTH just to watch tv. That is just crazy!! The dish offers free equipment and direct tv wants to charge you for the same equipment for 20 plus years, even though it's paid off. Direct tv isn't thinking of their customer and they could care less about their customer. Direct tv better start caring or they will lose another 400,000 customers. I have quit caring about them and we are moving on, just like my brother did. and other family members , my next door neighbor did and many others. If direct tv cared about their customer, they could offer the equipment at a reduced rate or even free after so many years, the dish doesn't charge for their box,but direct tv is greedy!. I hate greedy companies so when my husband gets home tonight, it's bye bye direct tv. People need to know how greedy direct tv is. They don't give crap about their customers!! Our experience with direct tv has been a nightmare. The first 10 years, our service was crappy despite sending out one after another technician, despite sending out several different supervisors, etc. We put up with interrupted service for 10 plus years and now with the high prices, we are leaving a company that don't care.

Debbie Cochran Cape Coral, FL

I'd give a zero if I could. Constant outages during any storm no matter how light. Customer service reeks it's so bad. We were just told it would be mid November before our dish could be serviced (today is Oct 3rd). Don't be fooled by the 100s of channels. Many channels are duplicated x 4. We were told it's $440 to cancel service before the 2 year contract is up. Worst company we've ever dealt with! DON'T DO IT!

Hoppy Waterville, ME

when i first signed up for directtv they were terrific to deal with however over the past 5-6 years they have turned into a typical large business who puts profits over customer service. I've made several calls to discuss their ever increasing bills, have cut the plan and eliminated TV from several rooms and the bill continues to grow. Calls offer no satisfaction. local tv that neighbors further away from the studio get the channel however at our home, which is closer to the studio don't. when questioned, the response is it's based on zip codes. Well if i'm closer to the studio and the other home is FURTHER away from the studio how can this not be LOCAL tv for us and it is for the other??? When calling to review other problems 'we are sorry for the inconvenience' is all you get but no steps are taken to address the problem or 'gasp' offer a credit for the days w/o service! Paying for a product but not being able to access??? Horrible...simply horrible. It's my hope that streaming community continues to grow and I didnt think i would ever say this but we didn't have this much difficulty with the local cable provider.... will be making a decision in the morning but be forewarned, read the reviews and choose wisely! AT&T / Direct TV is awful!

Adam Livingston Churubusco, IN

Directv was going to send me a $100 prepaid card. Waited 45 days and did not receive it. Called and they said it would be another 45 -60 days. Called 3 months later and they told me that they did not send it and it is over 120days so it is voided and they would not resubmit it....stole my $100. I cancelled my service after 20+ years. Beware

Kristin Santos Kunkletown, PA

Waste of Time and Nothing to Show for It! Spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with them scheduling cable service for my property. Told them numerous times that we are in a very wooded area and they checked numerous times and said not a problem you’re fine. Five minutes after the installer came out he said that we were not fine and could not have service due to so many trees. Wasted so much time on the phone and then a week before installation. Complete incompetence. Terrible!

Sari A Mabbett Fargo, ND

I have been a customer since 2008 and their ability to support what they have sold us has gone down the toilet. I will be shopping around for a different company - one that sends their technicians when they say they will (our appointments have been cancelled 2 times "due to technician capacity" and have been out of our satellite connection for 2.5 weeks). Their programming is inconsistent when I access it online and their technical help is around the world and mostly unable to help. The service has really really declined.

Vanessa Suarez Mission, TX

When I originally got Directv, I had a smart tv which was smarter than I was. So I asked the Direct tv guy, who came to my house in person and was an extraordinary representative, Juan C. B, to setup a small amount of channels, the ones I used the most. At that time I could only get 14, which was fine with me then. Six or more years later I needed to change because I could not record from channels I did not have in my settings. I called a few months back and a young lady said she could do it long distance, but it didn't work. I was very disappointed. Yesterday I was ready to try again and I got a young lady who was kind, patient and knowledgeable. She took the time to walk me thru and also got me some extra channels for free for 3 months. I truly appreciate the representatives who go the extra mile, because I love Directv but would probably have changed if I did not get the service I needed. I'm sorry I forgot her name, I'm old. But I'm sure you can look up my call and service provided on 2/1/2022. And I do wish you still had people to come to our home for service.

Candice Allen Houston, TX

Allows access to multiple. Venge worthy shows Great to use on the go for streaming services as well

Nick Black Dearborn, MI

My family had DirecTV when I was a kid. I never heard them complain about billing or customer service but what did I know, I was a kid. All I knew was that it was awesome for us. We switched to Dish once and Time Warner once back then. Neither were in the house more than a couple days. Since then I’ve lived in Toledo, OH, Virginia Beach, VA, Cleveland, OH, and Detroit, MI. Having DirecTV in every location. At this point I’m wondering if the negative reviews I’ve seen are posted or paid for by competitors. I’ve never had one billing error in the past 8 years. I never needed customer service, so I can’t speak to that. I also thought it was ridiculous when I found myself smack dab in the middle of a tropical storm in VABeach watching the weather for updates on my DirecTV. The only down side I can attest to is actually having the Satellite on my property, and frankly I just don’t care.

Lydia Kantor

I've bounced back and forth between Direct TV and Dish over the years, never really happy with either and switching when their customer service (or actually, lack of) pushed me too far. I've had many frustrations with Direct TV over the last few years, so I finally called to find out if my contract had expired so I could try Dish again. WOW! What a difference this customer service experience was. When the girl from another country (who was very sweet) couldn't help, she immediately transferred me to someone actually in the US in their brand-new Loyalty Department. She started with, "what don't you like about your Direct TV experience?" and addressed every issue one at a time. I even got a monthly discount for a year WITHOUT having to start a new contract. My opinion of them has changed completely, and I would now wholeheartedly recommend Direct TV! :-)

Rebecca Denver, CO

I have had Direct TV for more than 2 years. My contract has since expired. My receiver died and they sent me a new upgraded one for just the cost of shipping. I was not required to sign a new contract. I had Dish before and had lots of service interruptions they say were due to my equipment which they wanted me to pay them a fee to work on (I was renting the equipment from them). That was not going to happen so I switched to Direct TV. The one thing I can tell you is that if you bundle your package with you telephone provider (suppose to be cheaper) lots of little extra charges show up and its never the same amount. I can not recommend bundling. Cable where I live is terrible, but I am in a very rural area. Best thing I hear about the cable is that they have the fastest WIFI speeds. I am not a gamer so anything more than dial up is fast enough for me. :)

Steve Hasenauer Norwood, MA

I've had DirecTV for nearly 15 years. Stories of weather issues are greatly exaggerated assuming you have a good install. Our experience is SEVERE weather causes an issue for 30-60 seconds tops when the storm is on the horizon, or approaching. Once storm is overhead our service is perfect. Customer support has been outstanding when we very rarely need them. Picture quality is outstanding, and the equipment is second to none. I could never dream of leaving them. Rock steady service that is worth the price. They are not the cheapest, but they are one of the few services we have that we never, ever have to think about.

Samantha Rivera Colorado Springs, CO

Service did not work for over a week till we recieved a new box which took over 3 hrs to set up. Costumer service has you waiting on hold for hours! will NOT renew my contact

Bill Lafrankcis Cotati, CA

Been with directv for more than a decade have always had the basic package so like all suppliers they offer hundreds of junk channels and end up watching about 15 channels. Initially pricing starts low and ends to expensive for 15 channels. With in the time we have had directv twice they tried to claim that we missed a payment 3 months prior and both times we have had the bank investigate our records that proved the payment was made

terry r Las Vegas, NV

What can I say? I've once again returned to DTV after being with another carrier for a few years. DTV is probably the best internet provider out there but all of them are getting quite costly. I presently have DTV for my cable and wifi needs and they offer a pretty good deal for subscribers.

J Allen Pensacola, FL

At first very happy, then price increases and poor service caused us to leave.

Mr. E Cheshire, CT

DirecTV is not bad. I don’t like the price hikes after your initial year of service, but I’ve been successful at getting the discounted rate to continue beyond the first year so it’s not really an issue. I’m moving soon and they asked for $200 to move my service. I refused. I don’t think this is an unreasonable fee. I mean, they have to send a guy out to install a new dish and boxes at a new location and new equipment needs to be installed and the guy that installs it has to get paid. I get it. I just don’t watch TV that much to justify paying $200 to move. But overall, I’d say that if you’re looking for good TV service and aren’t moving, get DirecTV.

Nicholas DiCrescenzo Phelan, CA

The DirecTV alone deserves a 5 Star rating because, so far, it has provided a consistent service and quality picture. The missing 5th Star is because of its AT&T ownership which has not completely integrated DirecTV into it systems platforms which results is sales calls from AT&T (frequently) to get you to sign up for DirecTV. I was an AT&T U-verse customer for many years and a Subcontractor Salesman showed up at my door from DirecTV. He made statements that were proven not to be true or accurate. The installer was also a subcontractor who charged me for installation on a pole that the Salesman said was free. It got worked out eventually but was a hassle.

Nathaniel Thomas

I have been a Direct TV customer for 18 years. Or my family has at least. We unfortunately were going to switch to dish giving the outstanding offer. I called Direct first and told them the reasoning and they understood and was rather concerned. They treated us like they cared and appreciated our business. I won't disclose the deal we agreed upon to stay but it was very reasonable. The best phone call I have ever had with a company. We're loyal to them and they proved it mattered to them.

[email protected] Houston, TX

The product Direct TV is to me perfect.I couldn't be happier.Since 1998 it has been heaven to watch and their prices that are reasonable.The only caution is.When ordering ask what company is installing it.If it is Mastec ask for someone else.If they can provide no one else I would say go elsewhere.Mastec is a poorly managed and poor trainers of their technicians.The workers are pushed and punished via commissions for anything that goes wrong.They are overbooked and usually will take shortcuts to get to the next job.If you do not have a problem with seeing wires then it may not be a problem.

Jamie Polk-Donaldson Griffin, GA

Well Comcast has refused us for 12 years and DirectTV hasn't so they get our money. DirectTV spent 6 hours at our new residence making sure cable was in every room of our even running a line to the house from across the road. They only left for lunch. At our old residence they ran a thousand foot line from the road to our residence making sure cable was in every room too. We have to use AT&T for phone and internet but get it discounted because they are both affiliated. When we see a new promotion we call DirectTV and they automatically give it to us. Yes they are a little slow out of the gate but great for the long haul. Sorry Comcast you have lost a lot of money!

gary Louisville, KY

in so few words, every encounter with a DirecTV customer service person or serviceman (except the initial install) has been great, my concern is how the ATT/DirecTV merger is affect DirecTV, i received an email earlier today to let customers that they want to take the best from DirecTV and ATT....there is no best with ATT, i had the Uverse service for 2 1/2 months and went back to DirecTV, DirecTV also offers more sport package options

Alejandro R. Nunez Miami, FL

I've been a Direct TV costumer since 2011. I've never had problems. Very good costumer service and professional technicians. They have very good deals and very good service. At home we have a HD DVR, High Definition in all rooms (3), from every room you can record and move forwards and behind all programs are live or recorded. We are very pleased with Direct TV.

PISSED OFF CUSTOMER Covington, VA

Well, there service is good as far as reception. But they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for the re-runs and with the way the economy is you would think that they would help their customers out!

Kevin D Franklin, IN

After years of putting up with lost signals, on a frequent basis from our previous satellite provider, we made the switch to DIRECTV. It has been a great decision! Rarely do we experience lost connections and the HDTV clarity is wonderful. The only issue we have experienced was the contract dispute between our most watched local channel and DIRECTV, effectively losing this channel for weeks. I contacted their customer service department to let them know how unhappy we were. The rep I spoke to was very professional and explained that the company understood our dissatisfaction. Offered and followed through with an adjustment in our monthly billing, which eased the frustration somewhat. Again, very happy we made this change.

Michael Collins Englewood, OH

Was a Dish customer. Fell for a promotional monthly fee deal, but any perk that obe might want wasn't included because the "Hopper" wasn't included. That was an extra 100 a month which would raise my bill to more that cable. So after contract was fulfilled I tried DirecTV. They were upfront about the cost, no extra equipment needed for features one would want. Prompt customer service when i had a couple questions. NFL Sunday Ticket was included in my package for one year and it was terrific. Service did get interrupted during some snow or rainstorms. But only for a couple of minutes and then service was restored.

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

We've had Direct TV for several years now. We get great service and are happy with all the channels currently offered except Channel 5 is no longer offered. Hopefully, Direct TV can renegotiate to get Channel 5 back. We like the parental guides with password and such, but wish we could block mature titles from showing in the listings. We dislike it when all the shows or Pg-13 and up rated shows unlock when we use our passcode to unlock the TV during locked times. Surely Direct TV can figure out a way for parents to unlock the TV during locked times without simultaneously unlocking all the parental blocks such as having to enter the password again to unlock the blocked ratings/shows. On a different note, Direct TV is quick to recover any lost signal and are great to work with. They give good yearly discounts. We are happy customers and highly recommend them.

William Wallworth Fall River, MA

I've had Direct TV for years now and I like there services works great when there ain't any storms in the area other than that I can't complain.

Kurt Smith Fresno, CA

Wife got suckered into a deal by a lady at Costco. We switched over everything - tv / internet/ and cell service. Since then , it has been an absolute nightmare. Just spent 67 minutes on the phone with a supervisor in Idaho ( Im in Fresno Calif) - at the end, nothing accomplished. I have to call back in the morning and schedule the 3rd tech to my house appointment. I could type hundreds of words on what has happened - hours on the phone etc. Just please, take my advice and do not do business with Direct TV - you will be as sorry as I am if you do.

CHERE GIANFORTE Tucson, AZ

Their customer service is the wors t I have ever encountered totally unbelievable it seems nobody there knows anything at all they keep bouncing you from 1 rep to another I literally had to spend from 1 to 2 hours once a month on the phone with them every payment was made on time through my bank on auto pay I would seriously go without any tv before I would ever go back to them please for your own sanity stay away from them

Brenda Hendrix Easton, KS

😡Direct TV is the worst…We have had Direct TV since 2015 and automatically withdrawn from our bank account. Our service has dwindled from a premium package to the basic package over the years. The price however has increased. Terrible Rude customer service. When we told them to cancel the service, we are being told they are charging us until the 27th of this month. Think twice before using Direct TV.. I definitely do not recommend them. 😡😤🤬

Mary Ringo Bryan, TX

Rica was rude and argumentative and after taking money from my account certainly didn't want to return it. Direct tv is awful, with commercials, I'm going back to fire tv where a person can see what they are getting and no "slight of hand". Beware, they say one thing and do something else. Arthur the supervisor is suppose to call me but I'm sure that won't happen.

Mark Richardson Duxbury, MA

I cancelled Dish TV because they dropped NESN which carries the Red Sox and Bruins games, and ordered DirectTV that does have NESN. Satellite Dish installation was scheduled for the next Saturday between 8-12. Waited all day, no call no show. Called 800 number rescheduled 3 more dates, still no call show, not even an email or text confirmation or cancellation. Terrible service for what I though was a reputable national company, stay away!

Jude CHIEDU Fort Worth, TX

Very bad customer service also they over charged you. After being with them for over 2 years and completed my contract with them they ask for return of their equipment which I returned to them. They still want me to pay them $149 and also reported on credit score without reaching out to me. Bad service. I will never advise anyone to choose DirecTV .

Jeff Ormond Waconia, MN

Since ATT purchased Direct TV they have completely ruined the company. You would have to be an idiot to use this company there service is non existent. and there billing department has no clue. Their communication with their staff shows how bad they are even in talking to the field workers alone it will give you a clue to go another direction! So sad a Conglomerate can purchase a good company and ruin it in less than 6years!

Bob from Willoughby Ohio Mentor, OH

Beware Direct TV charges you for services even after you cancel. My bill increased from 50.96 to 125.18 per month (because a promotion expired). I immediately called and canceled the service when I saw that bill. However, Direct TV said they could not prorate their next month’s charges based on when I canceled. As such they billed me for another full month at the high 125.18 rate even though I had canceled the service. This shows Direct TV has a business model of cheating its customers. Beware of promotions for when they come off they will make sure they get as much money from you as possible even if it means charging you for weeks after you cancel their service. Terrible company will never use again. Going to Sling TV

Warren Bakker Oak Park, IL

1. I received the email indicating that equipment had not been returned when in fact, it had been returned. I have email proof and tracking proof. 2. Once I found the correct tracking number (which was on a receipt that had the AT&T logo on it) the agent who I was talking to did not know what the tracking number meant. She called in her supervisor who also did not know what the tracking number meant. (because it had a letter in it) 3. Once I figured out what the tracking number meant (a google search) and sent that information to AT&T they finally realized that the equipment had been returned. When I asked why I got the email , I was told that everyone who cancels directv gets the email. Part of the email that I received: Unfortunately, we either did not receive your DIRECTV STREAM device(s) within the 14-day cancellation period or the device(s) you returned is damaged. In accordance with our policy, you will be charged: • A non-return fee of $120 for the device(s) included in your service • The remaining balance of $120.00 owed on your installment planThe total payment of {$120 + remaining balance} will be charged to the payment method on your account on 04/27/2022. 4. I was promised that my credit card account would not be charged. It was. I cancelled my service 3/15/2022 and returned the equipment on 3/15/2022 and I have proof of both.

Colleen Smith Oakdale, CA

After being a Directv customer for 20+ years, and tolerating price hike after price hike, we finally decided to unplug. This was sometime around September or October. Directv had my charge card number as that was how I paid the bill. So we finished, returned our equipment, and went on our merry way. FIVE MONTHS LATER I receive a bill in the mail from a credit company stating I owe $78. I was NEVER contacted by Directv or their owner, AT&T, despite the fact that they have my home number, both mine and my husband's email addresses, both of our cell phone numbers, and my home address. Instead, they send the account of a loyal customer to a credit company FIVE MONTHS after THEY screw up by not billing the correct amount to my Visa. If this is how they treat loyal customers, there is no hope! Directv has gone steadily downhill since selling out to AT&T. Tons of perks for first time subscribers, none for loyal customers. And I don't know where they get the prices from, we were paying well over $200 for nothing special!! Prices go up and up on a regular basis! And customer service?? Instead of dealing with someone here in the US, you deal with a call center in God knows where. Although they try to be helpful, they clearly are dealing with a script and you get nowhere with them. The website is a mess with no way of reaching anyone! Do yourself a favor and watch, stream elsewhere!

Mark Moser Greeley, CO

Came home this evening, turned to one america news, Direct TV apparently dropped it today after 20 plus years of being a customer just might have to change to dish. Not sure of the reasons for dropping OAN but if is from complaints of patrons my thought is don't tune in, after all I can care less that u carry CNN but I choose not to watch it and don't mind its part of what I pay for but I am pissed they dropped a channel I watch frequently.

Rick Rock Island, IL

Wish I didn't have to give this clip joint even one star. Had been a customer for over 10 years. I get an increase from $70 to $126 a month. I called and asked to go directly to their retention department. I told them I would accept a minor increase because I realize expenses go up. The lady does all her high drama calculations and comes back on the phone at $108. I asked if that was her best offer and she said yes, of course until I said not good enough I'm out. Then she told me she needed to check another option. Too late sweetie.......Bye bye losers. So as it stands, I have more channels than I ever dreamed were even available and I'm now spending $25 a month. I am very upset though....upset at myself for not doing this years ago. I let those crooks rip me off for a long time, but no more. I even added a little frosting to the cake. I told every person that I work with this story and I can tell you as of this minute, 7 people have told Direct to take a hike and are now enjoying more channels at less than a third of the price. Hey Direct, how's your business model working for you? LOL

enelson3903 Bowie, MD

I like the basic service with direct tv. The only problem is when the weather is bad, and you lose the signal. The cost of the service is reasonable, and their customer service is very helpful.

Kenneth Brooks Newburgh, IN

I liked the amount of live television stations provided by directv and the video on demand selections. I did not like how their prices increased unexpectantly and their lack of willingness to work with me on a reasonable price for their service.

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

DIRECTV was the first sat. service of my experience. I've always favored DIRECTV'S multiple viewing options, flexibility, and customer service. I had enjoyed DIRECTV'S viewing choice packages for years and hope to continue in the foreseeable future.

Faith DeBoer Palm Desert, CA

While I prefer Directv over Dish, Directv seem to be going out of its way to make things costly and difficult. I have a house and I have an RV. I want a box for each so I can watch at home and when on the road (about 30% of the time) without having to move equipment back and forth. I have found that moving electronics leads to failures. To do this I have to have two accounts, one for the house and one for the RV. They won't allow you to add another box to my existing home account for the RV. Each account costs about $125 / month. You can only have one DVR per account. And, each account has to have a unique address. I only have one address. So to get a second account I have to lie about my address. Why all the hoops? Because it generates more revenue for Directv. Also, to get the second account for the RV I have to go through an outside company (Winegard) to order the equipment and set up the Directv account. To set up the account there is a $99 fee plus the postage to send me a receiver (about $150 total). Anything to separate me from my hard earned money.

Phalda Morris Jacksonville, FL

I have had a pretty good experience with DIRECTV. Most of the time I had no issues, I was able to watch all my channels, record shows when I wasn't home, and watch shows on demand. However, sometimes during stormy weather, the connection was not great and would go in and out. Overall, I was satisfied with using DIRECTV.