Verizon Logo

Verizon

5.9

LAST UPDATED: September 26th, 2022

Verizon Wireless is the largest service provider of wireless telecommunications in the United States with over 150 million subscribers nationwide. In business since 2000, the company was originally a merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE, and over the last several years it has picked up several smaller regional carriers to build the largest wireless network in the United States.

Verizon has a wide variety of products and services to offer customers, including wireless phone service, basic phones, smartphones, tablets, wireless Internet, cloud storage for photos, videos, and other media. Verizon is one of the few companies that allows customers to integrate their Internet devices and cloud media.

Regarding Verizon's quality as a cell phone provider, there are several pros and cons worthy of consideration in addition to the 700+ Verizon reviews below.

The Good

• Devices Available
  • Plans Offered
  • Top Features
  • Smart Family
  • Deals

Devices Available

Verizon has the best selection of phones, including all of the latest Android and Apple devices, including ASUS, Google, LG, Motorola, Palm, Apple, and Samsung brands. Notable recent models include:

• Apple iPhone Xs
  • Apple iPhone Xs Max
  • Apple iPhone Xr
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10 plus
  • Samsung Galaxy S10e
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Google Pixel 4

Customers also have the option of device trade-ins or bringing their current phone. In fact, when you switch to Verizon with your current phone, you get a $250 PrePaid Mastercard in addition to a free SIM card when you order one online and pick it up in the store.

In addition, the Verizon store has basic phones (Kyocera, LG, and Sonim brands), certified pre-owned phones, pre-paid phones, and phone accessories like the Apple watch, other wearable tech, HD security cameras, voice-activated wireless speakers, and charging pads.

Plans Offered

Verizon offers a broad variety of plans in order to suit a range of customer needs. Plans include:

• Unlimited ($35-$60 per line per month with autopay)
  • Shared data plans ($35-$70 per month total for an individual or family)
  • Prepaid plans ($30+ per month)
  • International plans (options for travel, prepaid international services, or talk and text from the U.S.)
  • Connected device plans (for tablets, hotspots, and connected devices)
  • Single device plans (for basic phones requiring only talk and text, or a tablet or hotspot requiring minimal data)
  • Business plans for 5+ lines

Top Features

Verizon's premium plan, the AboveUnlimited plan, you pay $60/line per month plus taxes and fees, but you get several unique perks. Here's what you get:

• 75 GB data at 4G LTE speeds
  • Unlimited talk and text
  • HD-quality streaming (720p upload speeds)
  • Unlimited mobile hotspot (20 GB at 4G LTE)
  • Verizon Up Rewards
  • Talk, text, and data to Mexico and Canada
  • 5 TravelPasses per month to use in 185+ countries
  • 500 GB Verizon Cloud
  • Apple Music account

The GoUnlimited and BeyondUnlimited include some of the above features, (including some mobile hotspot data, limited-time Apple Music account, unlimited data, unlimited calls, and unlimited texting) but not all.

Smart Family

Verizon has an in-carrier parental control system that works with the Smart Family app, which costs $9.99/month after a 30-day trial. The app has content filters for apps and websites, location tracking, the ability to pause the internet, and contact blocking capabilities. If you don't want the location tracking feature, you only pay $4.99/month.

Deals

The carrier is continually providing promotional discounts for new phones and new customers but also consistently offers exclusive deals to military and veteran-status personnel, first responders (firefighters, police, EMS workers, retirees, and volunteers), and employees.

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Pricing

Customer Complaints

Customer reviews give insight into some of the challenges customers can face despite the strengths of the provider. Some customers report that they did not like the original phone that they received and had to wait for an extended period of time to get a Verizon credit so that they could move over to a new device.

There are also customers who have experienced long wait times or failure to get their questions answered by tech support. In this case, the popularity of the carrier can be a detriment to the customer service experience.

Pricing

Verizon's reputation as the carrier with the best network coverage comes at a price. Prices for Verizon's unlimited plans start at $35/line per month and cost up to $60/line per month. Other carriers are generally more affordable. However, you usually get what you pay for.

Per Verizon's terms and conditions, if you cancel a line of service after 14 days of signing a contract, you must pay an early termination fee.

The Bottom Line

Verizon offers one of the most complete cell phone service packages available on the market, excellent network coverage, and it has strong overall customer reviews despite the occasional negative feedback.

Customers who decide to go with Verizon as their cell phone provider can expect the following:

• Extensive phone selection: Verizon has all phones in high demand and offers financing
  • Unlimited talk and text: this is standard with all packages
  • Unique perks: an Apple music account is included with the unlimited plans
  • Easy to expand service: add lines or set up a business account with ease
  • Billing features: customers can text in to inquire about their account usage status for that billing cycle
  • Parental controls: the Smart Family app gives parents phone monitoring tools

4.0

Jess Nohmy Milton, MA

I have had Verizon mobile for 10+ years. Signed up for Fios last week since I was moving into my first house. They told me I could link my Fios account to my mobile account via Verizon Up. I was just on the phone and chat with Verizon for 3 hours and no one could help me link them. I reset my password and my secret question 7 times, and yet no one could help me. I was enrolled in paperless billing for both Fios and mobile and apparently one of the 8 agents that I was routed too took me out of paperless billing but I can't tell which account it was taken out of because all the email come from "My Verizon" and don't specify whether its mobile or home. I guess I just expect a customer service team to actually be able to help me but that's clearly asking for too much. Oh, and I asked multiple times for a manager to help me and was told that's not possible.

1 day ago

Jake Celeschi Le Roy, IL

When I switched to Verizon I found a phone in their store for $350 I paid it in full in the store a few years later and I find out phone payments have been added to my bill and I've been paying off an $800 phone I called and asked what was going on and they said it was $800 and that it was a promotion and that I never paid for the phone. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all scummy liars with scummy business tactics that hide behind BS contracts. I'm switching to Mint because I'm sick of it.

Rachel Mayorga San Jose, CA

Horrible Costomer service. After canceling my lines with them, they continued to charge me $75 for an old iPad I didn’t know was still connected. They linked it to an old email account I hadn’t used for 12 years do I wasn’t able to talk to anyone at Verizon over the phone because I couldn’t verify I was me. I had to go down to a Verizon corporate store to confirm I was me for the pleasure of then getting back on the phone for an hour with 2 agents (be CD aide I was disconnected with the first half way through) before they would refund my money. What a scam!

Al Arvada, CO

Horrible customer service. Trying to get help from Verizon is all but impossible. Their “chat” procedure is terrible and by phone is futile. A Verizon store connected me to “customer service “ to resolve an incorrect item they shipped. After over an hour, and 6 people, it was agreed that i was due a refund. Many months later i have had no communication or refund. Another large company that really doesn’t care, just pay what they bill you don’t ask for correction. The cell service is fine, but horrible customer service.

Jason Sherman, TX

I have spent more than 20 hours on the phone with them over 2 weeks. I have been told by 4 managers they were handling it, 4 others have told me they would call me back, neither has happened. They do not care about their customers. Stay away!!!

Samantha Rivera Colorado Springs, CO

DO NOT get their services! They do NOT have enough 5G towers but have us paying for them!! My spouse & I work through our phones & have constantly been having service issues which causes me to lose out on money! Been calling since March & FINALLY was told that everyone is fighting for the 5G towers thats why my services keeps going to 4G & losing connection. VERY disappointed in their services & Costumer service! We will be switching back to Tmobile!

Stan Saunders Martinez, CA

Received a box in the mail from Verizon. Had to be signed for. Wasn’t home so it was left on the porch. Called Verizon. Was told it was a free phone. Told them I didn’t want it. Was told, “Keep it, it’s free”. Told them I didn’t want it. Told again, “Keep it, it’s free”. Decided to take it to the local Verizon store. Was told they couldn’t take it, that I would have to take it to corporate headquarters in another city. Went to corporate headquarters, waited in line just to be told that I would have to wait in line approximately one hour as there were people in front of me. So I asked the representative, Just so we’re clear. After trying to return it locally, driving to this city, to return something I didn’t order, I’m supposed to wait in line for an hour?” Her response. “Take it home, open it, and you’ll find a return label. Place the label on the box and put it in the mail.” Got home, opened the box, and there is no return label. WORST customer service, EVER!!

J Charlotte, NC

My wife and I got duped by 2 sales representatives (One of their names is Joe) on July 21, 2022 in reference to trying the 5G Home Internet for 30 days. The box arrived on July 25, 2022 and we tried it for a week. The service sucked because the signal strength was not good. We reached out to customer service somewhere around August 2nd or 3rd to discuss this issue. The tech initiated support and we were only picking up 17 to 18 mbps. That is no strength at all. So she canceled the service and stated that she was sending out a return label and box via mail. We thank her and ended the call. On August 6, 2022, we received a $80 that was decreased to $59.35 and then decreased to $20.65 (all reflected in the same bill)!!! We were not even close to 30 days AND it was canceled. I called and got bounced around to 5 representatives, although I asked to speak to a supervisor. None of the 4 were able to help with the invalid billing issue. I got hung up on twice and I had to call back. The 5th person stated that he was and to support and that the issue was the system automatically printed out that we owed even though we were within the 30 day trial period. He stated that he saw that service was canceled and he was going to fix the bill right then and there. He stated it was zero balance. He said that he was sending a box and return label and it would take 3 to 5 days to reach me. We thanked him kindly and hung up. Well... today, August 11, 2022, we received a bill The bill states that we owe $20.65 for this month and a unpaid balance of $80 for last month. Really???? Oh and the return box and label gas yet to come. I called and called today and no support I'm pissed TF off because we took a chance with sheisty salesmen and we got duped and now they are trying to get money out of us and forcing us to keep the internet box which is ready to go back to them ASAP! No one put me on with a supervisor yet. This is a scam!!

Pauravi Gandhi San Diego, CA

If I could give a negative rating for Verizon mobile network customer service, without any hesitation I would do that. Being a top notch network provider, they are amazingly horrible when it comes to customer service. We got into a family plan and are 6 months into it, there has been not a single time that things worked out flawlessly/smoothly through customer service (includes people at store as well as on call). Please make some effort in understanding customer need and work things out accordingly.

Judy Miller Toledo, OH

I was a Verizon prepaid customer for 35 years. When I decided to switch to a postpaid plan they were very rude and unhelpful. This was not the first time they treated me like this. So I switched to a new carrier. I had a $35 credit on my account and they will not refund it to me. I am 68 years old and this is how they treat loyal customers? The should be ashamed of themselves for treating seniors like this.

Lanae Duchesneau Sarasota, FL

I am very disenchanted with Verizon. I bought a google pixel 3 for me and my mother. The phone is new but the model is 2-3 years old but we liked it because it had a large screen. I got one for myself and my 82-year-old mother so we would have the same phone if she had questions. My phone failed within a month. I got a new phone (it has a one-year warranty) and all is well. My mother’s phone would not turn on a couple of months later. She took it to Verizon and they said they never saw anything like it. I called customer service and they agreed to send her a refurbished phone, the exact same model, for free because it is still covered in the 1-year warranty. However, it doesn’t come with any accessories. I tell my 82-year-old mother this. Mom gets the “new” phone and starts to package up the old one to mail it back to them when she remembers me saying it does not come with the accessories. I meant the charge cord and in hindsight I should have specifically said that but she takes that to mean the battery as well, so she gets a butter knife and tries to get the battery out. Batteries do not some out of the google pixel phones. She tries though and cracks the corner of the screen, gives up, and mails it back. When Verizon gets the phone, they say it is cracked. I explain the story and tell them it was not working before she cracked the screen. We took it to the Verizon store; you can call them to verify it was not cracked when the phone would not turn on and they tried all different chargers. They don’t want to hear it and charge us $299 for this refurbished phone. Never mind that we have been customers for over 10 years, and they are advertising they will give you a top-of-the-line new phone if you come over to Verizon. New customers being treated better than existing customers? Isn’t it cheaper to retain the customers you have? Because I sure want to leave after this debacle. Now I go on a cruise to Norway. I get the $10 a day international calling package-unlimited data, text and calls. They charge me the $10 a day. That is fine I expected that. Then they charge me $2.99 a minute to talk on my phone while I am on the ship. I thought that was included I explained. It is not they counter. What does unlimited mean I wonder??? So, they charged me $206 for talking on my phone on the cruise ship. Meanwhile, they did send me a text saying I could buy 50MB or something like that for $20 for talk time. I did ignore these texts because why would I need that? I have the unlimited for $10 a day. So, I get home, see the big bill, again! and I ask for help with this bill. Can’t he charge me the $20 that they texted about, or perhaps nothing at all since no one explained unlimited is not really unlimited if you are on the ship? No help to be had. Beware customers. I have looked at all the cell phone plans out there and AT&T has much better pricing and a free phone if you switch to them. I am so disgusted. I hate the work of changing, but I feel Verizon is more concerned about the mighty dollar than good customer service.

mary susan watkins Spring, TX

i have used verizon for a long time,and have found them to be just ok..the service area is good,but the phones offered are no longer "free" to customers as they once were and to upgrade, you must pay a lot..you CANNOT get a real person on the phone and must do it all online or on your phone,whether its an issue with billing or your phone..i paid online one month and then got a "nastygram" e mail saying they had not receive my payment..i had to jump through hoops online to get a new log in code,doing it over several times, and then it didnt stay online! ifinally just went online, paid the double amount and never got a thank you or a notice of my other payment,even though i had a confirmation number..i may switch to someone else...!

scotty Saint Paul, MN

best cell phone company out there today. They have the best coverage. all the cell phone companies have the same deals on phones but wherever someone's sprint or T-Mobile phone doesn't work, My Verizon has signal and works just fine. I wish I would have stayed with my unlimited data plan, But opted out to go on a family plan with measured data each month But we've managed to dial it in and Not go over And it's actually cheaper for us. Definitely recommend

adrian avram Tampa, FL

use to be best ph companies and very reliable coverage but they cut the free phone every 2y and increased the fees lower the speed

PISSED OFF CUSTOMER Covington, VA

They had ok service as far as tower service. But man they are expensive. Costumer service was a bit annoying by either being rude or not having a clue as to what your problem was .

Sho Guru Clive, IA

My family and I are canceling our Verizon plans as well and telling anyone who will listen. No contract is a joke, especially if you do a trade in. If you try to leave, they will charge you for the full price of the new phone, while keeping and selling your traded in phone. Rep told me that it was legal... maybe but is it ethical?? Not that Verizon cares as long as they make money and can still says it's legal.

SAMANTHA EDWARDS TX

I had Verizon when I moved up to the lake. My dad still has Verizon but they were always a horrible company to me and they were never very helpful or able to speak English. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Matthew Locke Tucson, AZ

Provide you with service almost anywhere that you go while you're camping in the city in the suburbs or just sitting at home in bed.

MRCONSULT Ukiah, CA

Very best coverage in US, unlimited line is great, prices are ok.Service when needed is always available but depending on agent not always professional thus had to go two times in the shop to get my SIM card working. If you are in an area of low signal you do not get help from Verizon with a free booster thats not ok.

Kirk Cockrell Saranac Lake, NY

Had Verizon for 5 years, expensive, but no problems. My dog has heart failure, spent $5,000 last six months getting her set. She is stable and outlook is as good as could be expected. All my creditors helped me financially by deferring payments, except Verizon. They gave me one extra week, my bill was $452, which i accepted, they charged me $10 for speaking to a representative. Verizon never processed the payment. I called to see what happened, they made another arrangement, added a late fee and another $10. When I got the text about the fees, I am furious, call back to dispute because it was Verizon's error, not mine. They told me too bad about the fees, then charged me another $10. I told them that I am not paying these extra fees because of their error. They said they will be making a negative report to the credit bureaus damaging my credit. After 5 years, they would do this, even after learning of my dogs condition. I just needed some extra time to catch up. Verizon just hammered me with baseless fees and intends to damage my credit. Buyer beware of this company.

Brittney Butts Gainesville, FL

My favorite part about my phone plan besides the great coverage it has in my area, but the hot spot I can turn on when I'm in the car and my kids can use their Wi-Fi electronics on the go! Also I love how employ's will go above and beyond to help when I've had an issue with my phone. The price I pay a month is a good price its about the average price other cell service offer.

Connor Smith Palm City, FL

As a family of five we have had Verizon as our home service for many years. I like that my phone service always works when I need it, that I am able to call and text my family and get through to them. I love that we are able to get a discount because of our family is in the military and that Verizon honors their service.

Bob Trammell Los Angeles, CA

Verizon is one of the major cell carriers in the US. You can find their stores almost everywhere. They have a wide variety of plans and devices they will sell you. They have arguably the best cell coverage of any cell carrier and this is particularly true where I live. But... Their customer service is poor. I had billing errors regularly in the almost 20 years I used Verizon. After a while, it gets tiring to call their customer service month after month after month to have them adjust your bill. The people you talk to can't do it; they have to pass it up the line to some unknown supervisor who makes the decision. They tell you you'll be notified, but you aren't, so you have to check yourself and get back to them if there's a problem. It's nice being able to take your phone in to a local office if you don't know how to do something with it or something isn't working right and get help from somebody knowledgeable. The people are all friendly and nice and well trained. They just can't get their billing right.

Andrene Finn Washington, DC

I recently switched to Verizon from AT&T, December 5th of this year. I was assisted by Mr. John V, one of the most patient person I have ever met. He was extremely understanding to our need. He ensure my hubby and I were pleased throughout our service experience. We are very happy with our decision to switch. John also recommended, " Stop by should you need help with your new phone". His request instantly warmed my heart. Thanks for employing John. His level of professionalism was above and beyond. Thank you, Andrene Finn

Dale Dunfield Rockville, CT

After being a longtime Verizon customer (including all the former companies that ultimately became Verizon), I made the mistake of changing to a different company. It took me less than one week to realize my error. On 11/16/2021, I went to Verizon, 90 Buckland Rd, South Windsor CT. I met Candice, a Verizon specialist, who proceeded to spend almost two hours to return the excellent service I once had with Verizon. She helped me with a new plan, a new phone and best of all captured my original Verizon cell phone number. I can't say enough about her. What a stellar Verizon employee !!

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

I love how much coverage Verizon provides as well as the flexibility in plans and customizable family options. They make it so easy to find the perfect plan for you. I felt like Verizon covered a wide range of areas to where I was still reaching coverage on top of one of the Rocky Mountains. I also love Verizon's warranty protection and customer service. Their employees are always so ready to help you and they definitely take care of their customers. I don't see me switching anytime soon!

steve willard Kingman, AZ

lied about internet pricing then got shuffled down the depts never knowing what dept i was talking to. lot of voice recordings saying please enter password etc. i thought 50 bucks for internet was to good to be true

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been a Verizon account holder for my cell phone for almost 10 years now. I am on a family plan that has unlimited data, talking & texting. I love the customer service at retail stores in my area here in Utah. They are very helpful & knowledgeable in their dealings with me, the account holder. My daughters phone was not working properly and when we took it into the retail store, they explained some options & have the best thing for me to do with my daughters phone. After sending the phone in because of the Verizon protection service I have, I received a new refurbished phone with in 48 hours.

Madison Ricker Corpus Christi, TX

They neglected to tell me that my trade-in wasn’t going to be applied to my new phone. I went in person and nothing was said about this. In order to get the money they told me I would receive for the phone, they expect me to stay with them for THREE YEARS and “receive it over time”. I will be paying off my phone and NEVER using these people again. Oh by the way, they won’t give you any money for your phone at all if you end your plan before then. Customer service was so beyond unhelpful. I don’t even have an email from them (that they say they send) so I can confirm that this is what I actually signed on. Never again.

Nikki Bacchus Richmond, KY

My husband and I have been with Verizon for 16 years we have several phones attached to our account and have paid them around 50,000 over the years. The other day my husband ordered a new phone for me, but ordered the wrong one. The phone was delivered by UPS in a sealed box, I oped the brown box it was packaged in to make sure it was indeed the wrong phone (pro, instead of pro max) when I lifted the actual phone box up the lid was open/ not sealed! When I took the phone back to the store to exchange it they told me I owed them a 50.00 restocking fee Bc the box was open. I explained To them that I didn’t open the box. Immediately the manager seemed to have attitude like she didn’t believe me and told me I would have to call Customer service and take it up with them, she had no choice but to charge me 50.00. So I call, get transferred to someone who can “help” except he can’t, he didn’t have the authority to not charge, he had to go to his supervisor. Great, except he can’t talk to a supervisor he has to send in a chat and wait in cue for a response. This went on for over an hour, during that hour he proceeds to tell me Verizon doesn’t send phones that are open, again as if I was lying. I will Add when my husband ordered the phone it was on back order and wouldn’t be shipped for several days (like over a week) but miraculously it was sent the next day. Did they get one returned and send to me? Open?!? Possibly but no one believed me. Finally after an hour on the phone I was told “they’ll waive the fee one time and one time only and i had To fight to get that done” why could no one in the store help, why did it take an hour on the phone? And why did I still have to pay the 50 out of pocket to have it credited to my acct? John, the support guy apologized for the trouble and said “but i think You understand” no, John actually I don’t understand why the manager in the store had an attitude problem and didn’t want to help, why i was Sent an open phone and told Verizon doesn’t do that, why the support man can’t help, why I wasn’t able to talk to the “supervisor” and better yet I do NOT understand why you guys are charging a 50.00 restock fee for a phone that had never been activated to begin with. POOR POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I knew Not one single person believed me when I told them “I DID NOT OPEN THAT DAMN PHONE” truth be told they charged the person who returned the phone 50.00 and then tried to charge me one too bc they didn’t deal the phone back or did Verizon send me a refurbished phone and tell me it was new??! Who really knows!!

Janvier Portland, OR

Horrendous (not to mention deceptive and predatory customer service). Some lady (Verizon rep) came over to our house and sold us a the Verizon internet device, with the promise of a discount ($20 instead of $60/momth, after all the discounts, auto pay), etc.. first month was supposed to be free “trial run”… we’ll, first month was not free, and we also got hit for another $56 for first month that was supposed to be free, and apparently , there was mo such deal… And we go cancel, and customer service is as rude as heck, somehow thinking we’re too stupid to understand that sometimes you pay for things before hand and they add a complex slew of other charges, if this then that, etc.. then we go to cancel, we ask the person on the phone to help us cancel, give her our credit card, and she conveniently “forgot” to mention that that would cost $10 (which we saw on our bill 10 minutes later)… I don’t mind paying the $ ($80 is nothing in the grand scheme of things), but the absolute deceitful was of the customer service, the refusal to give you a straight for anything, is absolutely maddening. Unless I absolutely don’t have another choice (as there is no other carrier I can use for service wherever I happen to be living), I will never use Verizon again for anything…

Freeman515 Livonia, MI

I called Verizon about an upgrade but said I did not want to increase my bill. I was told no problem. I can get 3 new phones and my bill will stay the same. I was told ignore the paperwork I will be able to add the discounts after. I waited and waited. When I got the increased bill I called and told them I was promised no bill increase. They told me they will review the call and get back to me in 24-48 hours. This did not happen. When I called again I was told you are now outside of returns and we are not going to do anything. Verizon is just a bunch of liars and thieves. I have been with Verizon for over 22 years and they lied to me and refused to honor what was said. Terrible morals and ethics

Rich Cesarini Dedham, MA

Verizon Wireless' business model is to lie to their customers. Simply put, they have the worst customer service I have ever seen and they are the worst company I have ever done business with. On more than one occasion I was promised a free phone and/or trade in value for old devices. When I have the new device in hand, they come up with an excuse to go back on their word. I have a copy of a chat transcript where I was promised a trade in value for an old phone that VW refused to honor! This has nothing to do with condition or whether the old phone works, they never even saw it. This will be my last interaction with them. Verizon Wireless is the armpit of corporate America. I am getting a new carrier and I don't care if it costs more.

Emma Higley Portland, OR

Moved from another carrier which was a nightmare. I've spent hours trying to get service, register as a customer, sign up for Autopay, apply for military discount, redeem my rebates, etc. Nothing has been easy & I've spent hours on hold for customer service. Customer Service & tech support are helpful once you finally get a hold of someone but you might be on hold for an hour or more. Online instructions are unclear & you get locked out of tasks without warning, if you make too many attempts. The entire process of becoming a new customer is such a hassle. It almost seems like they purposely make it difficult just to discourage you from taking advantage of rebates & discounts.

Lyn Okemos, MI

I have used them for cell phone service for many years. I have experienced good coverage with no dropped phone calls. I do wish the price was better. I intend to address this soon. I am not locked into a program and my cell phone is paid for. I did receive a good incentive to buy a cell phone 3 years ago.

Laura Mccall Yuba City, CA

We have been with Verizon for 11 years. Always have had great service. The prices are a lil high but you get what you pay for. Customer service is amazing and always super helpful

Jessica Dry New Market, MD

We've had Verizon for 22 years and have 5 lines on their unlimited plan. Great coverage is their only pro, which is actually huge. We recently switched to Xfinity Mobile to save $100 per month. To our shock, we were billed for our entire billing period when we switched, even though we switched mid-cycle. We also realized we had been being billed for Disney Plus, which we never used. I do recall Verizon sending a text over a year ago announcing they were providing a free trial of Disney Plus. We never used it and had no idea we were being billed $8.99 per month, since we auto-pay our bill each month. Their site doesn't recognize my log in, so I've had to call them and wait on perma-hold to try and resolve. One rep said he was putting thru a request to credit us $180. I never heard back and never received a credit. Finally called back and eventually got through and was told NOPE!! Super shoddy customer service IMO. You should treat exiting customers with the same level of service you would treat existing customers.

James Mathews Rocky Point, NC

Great company with great coverage area great customer service

Haley Johnson Chapel Hill, NC

I really enjoy Verizon. I have had few problems with cellular data, and appreciate their wide range of coverage across the United States. I went rock climbing In Montana and was able to send my family text updates no problem.

Elizabeth Havana, FL

Verizon is the best phone service I have had. If we ever switched services, we quickly switched back to Verizon. I have not had a connection issue, even in some of the more remote areas. I can rely on it to make calls whenever I want or need to.

Razel Levine Puyallup, WA

This review is in praise of the employee, Christian, who helped me at the Verizon store in Sumner, WA on August 27th. He was cheerful, polite, and very knowledgeable. He quickly and easily fixed my Moto phone problem, which I very much appreciated. Update: needed to get phone looked at again on August 28th, and different employees insisted I wear a mask (which is unhealthy for me). I told them I couldn't, and they said they wouldn't help me, company orders. I left.

Wayne Allen Yerington, NV

Good quality service, but when renewing my service with a replacement phone and adding a third phone to my account. I decided to take the UNLIMITED program for service. Guess what it is not unlimited for anything other than talking on the phone. Everything else has caps that are lower than everyone else. And when going into one of their "stores" their excuse is that they can't any phone service, program changes, or anything else because they are just a sales location. You have to go to a "company" store to rectify anything. I returned my phone and changed to T-Mobile. Better programs at cheaper prices and much nicer people. Good buy, good riddance Verizon!

Karen Jorgensen Washington, UT

We've had Verizon for over 10 years now and they have always been very helpful and knowledgeable and reliable. We can have a team member help us in person at any time, upgrade our phones, give us info on new phone, pros and cons, and help us get the most for our money. I appreciate that they are considerate of the fact that we work hard for our money and don't want to waste it. We are never without service and it's a comfort knowing we will have service no matter where we go.

Mr. E Cheshire, CT

Verizon, what a love-hate relationship that was. I chose Verizon primarily for the same reason everyone else does; Coverage. They do have the best network, but the gap is closing. Recently, I think they’ve recognized that the competition is catching up in terms of coverage and this has forced Verizon to be more competitive in their offerings, which is always good news for the customer. During the time I had Verizon, I also had Metro PCS (which uses T-Mobile’s network. My Metro plan was $25 a month, so it was worth the convenience of having 2 phones). In the beginning, the differences were night and day. My Verizon phone would get service in many more areas than my Metro PCS phone would. But after 2 years, that changed, DRASTICALLY. T-Mobile’s service has improved so much to the point where the differences were negligible (and this was traveling in the Northeast as well as Colorado, New Mexico, Florida and Puerto Rico. In Florida and New Mexico, my MetroPCS service was actually better). Although, the Verizon phone service was still outperforming my MetroPCS overall, the difference in service wasn’t enough to justify the cost. I noticed that the times that the Verizon phone did work where my Metro phone did not, it was mostly on 3G or 1x, so the call quality wasn’t what you’d expect in 2019. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when I tried to upgrade my Verizon phone at Best Buy. They were having a deal on iPhones that would’ve saved me $150. There was a restriction or glitch having to do with my Apple Watch being paired to my existing iPhone that prevented me from doing the upgrade at Best Buy. The computer at Best Buy said I had to go to Verizon to do the upgrade. Verizon stores aren’t known for offering good deals on anything, and when they do, there’s always the catch that the discount is applied over the course of 2 years instead of at the point of sale. This was a problem for me because I normally pay off my phones in the first 2-3 months so I don’t have to pay for the phone AND my service. It’s easier for me to just bite the bullet and pay for the entire phone asap and pay a much smaller phone bill moving forward. I also didn’t like the fact that when you get a phone at Verizon, whatever you pay towards the cost of the phone needs to be paid up front or you have to pay for the entire thing in one lump sum. For example, I got an iPhone XS Max at Verizon in October. Total price was approximately $1,250. I put down $800 at the onset which reduced my balance on the phone. But Verizon wouldn’t accept partial payments on the phone beyond the minimum amount unless I was paying the whole thing off. I planned to pay it off in $150 installments every month until the remainder was paid, but since they wouldn’t accept that, I had to pay them the remaining $450 in one lump sum. It’s all a ploy to keep you on the hook and that’s what I didn’t like. Besides that, the international rates are ridiculous and the data throttling limits are too low (22GB vs 35GB with MetroPCS and 50GB with T-Mobile). I can see why Verizon got away with this back in the day. Back then, they were the only game in town in many regions. That’s no longer the case and that’s why I left. They need to ease up with the restrictive policies.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

I absolutely love Verizon! Great coverage everywhere I went. Never had a problem with my phone service. Whenever I went in they were always willing to help me as much as they could without my mothers pin to access account. Sad when I had to switch carriers because my self was broke and I had to find something cheaper that only I could afford when not being on a family plan.

Miguel Figueroa Provo, UT

Can be more expensive than some of the competitors, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. I’ve had my service go out twice, once in the middle of nowhere in a hike and again in drive between Cali and Utah. I’ve done that drive several times since then and haven’t lost service again. Great speeds everywhere we go, which is are the two things that matter to me as I travel with my wife. You should never have to worry about your cellphone service, and that’s what I get with Verizon.

Diana vaiano West Babylon, NY

Well I like Verzion been with them a very long time today I called to apply for 55 older discount which they said I was approved then I get an email stating that 55 older is only applied in other regions than NY well I hit the ceiling finally spoke to manger he said the same thing but he was able to lower my plan by switching my plan so my bill was reduced by $30 so therefore I’m still a happy customer I was almost ready to change carriers but now I’m happy again thx Dianav

IDA MCDAVITT FRESSILLI

I switched to Verizon mainly for the coverage. I am in real estate, so I need to know that I have a reliable phone. Customer service has always been helpful. We also have our internet service with Verizon. We have unlimited service, but once a certain amount is used, we go into slow mode. When that happens, I try to do most of my internet work during non prime times. We are fortunate to have a Verizon store close to where we live. They are always helpful.

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

Their cell service is almost always available when others aren't. They are just unbeatable in that regard. They are a little on the pricier end as far as cell phone companies go, but the reception is superior in my experience. I had to cancel my service because I was switching on to my husband's family plan, and when I cancelled it was actually super easy. I waited until I had paid off my phone and then they didn't charge me anything to cancel.

Bruce Fischler Pompano Beach, FL

I was with Nextel/Sprint almost 30 years. Enough. I went to the Verizon store in Pompano Beach Florida and spent quality time with Will. I traded in 2 Note 5s and got a S9 and S9+. Everything is perfect. I even had the pleasure of speaking to a tower 2 rep who got everything explained to me. Nothing but codis to all. Great phones. Great service (unlike my previous carrier), and the store around the corner. Go Verizon.