T-Mobile Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: December 6th, 2021

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8
TracFone Logo
#4 TracFone chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.6

Julie H. San Diego, CA

I was debating switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and was weighing the Black Friday deals. Rudy, a chat representative, was THE MOST HELPFUL PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AND HE DESERVES A RAISE. He was such a supportive and informative salesperson. Ultimately, I decided to stay with Verizon because they had a deal on exactly what I was looking to purchase. But, if they hadn't offered exactly what I needed... I would have switched to T-Mobile without hesitation. I must have spent an hour debating which to go with and Rudy stayed by my side answering any question I had. He's the best of the best and I hope everyone switches to T-Mobile.

Jamey Barnstead, NH

I was a T-Mobile customer for 17 years and despite the service being spotty in my area I was happy to stay with them because of their awesome customer service. I ended up switching to my husband's Verizon account to save money, and when I closed my account I verified with the sales person that the only thing I had left to pay was that months bill and the balance on my phone. I paid both immediately and thought that was the end of it, but now two months later I checked my bank account and there were almost $400 of additional charges from T-Mobile that I was not informed of and did not authorize. Customer service said the bulk of it was because I failed to return a 3+ year old piece of equipment that I completely forgot I had and thought was already paid for, but it would have been nice if they had told me that when I was in the store paying off my phone instead of helping themselves to my bank account right before the holidays. Your equipment is in the mail, T-Mobile. I hope my refund is too.

L CH San Diego, CA

I am soo grateful forthe help I received from Hugo at Tmobile plaza bonita. Thanks to his amazing help I was able to locate my phone and recover it! I thought my phone was gone for sure. He help me back up & lock my phone (just in case ). Afterwxards he helped me set up my phone with more storage and showedme how to understand some features I didn't know how to use. He provided excellent customer service!

Northsider Rick Stratford, OK

I began my TMobile service way back in 1998. When the company was know as Voice Stream Wireless. In the over 20 years I have experienced their up and downs and remained a customer consistently. However since this disaster of a merger with Sprint I have been left leaving as a customer and vowing to never again return. I am a creature of habit so change is neither a comfort or a easy choice to make. After the trainwreck of a merger causing my service to begin the rapid descent in quality of service I think they have no longer left me feeling confident in their service or ability to fix it

Ryan Sjulin Chino, CA

Hopefully I can give T Mobil zero stars. I have had cell phones since 1996. I have been with sprint after they bought out nextel, maybe 20 years. After the merger of t Mobil and sprint my service is worse then terrible. I drop at least 10 calls a day, I have basically zero data, (my plan is unlimited), and I no longer can get data on my series 7 I pad. Have called countless times to get the same answer. "Sir that's impossible. You pay nearly $280 per month for our best plan (that's for one phone and my IPad that doesn't have data anymore). I have 5 bars of LTE, non roaming, service right now and cannot even look up a score on ESPN. Well maybe you need to reset your network settings, or maybe your phone is broken and you need to go to a t Mobil store? Reset network services daily and I've been to every store in Omaha. I get the "well we are working on towers it will be better in a couple weeks. This was 6 months ago. I am warning you that unless you live in the city do not get this service. Before the merger my service was great but now I might as well have my first razor flip phone, I bought in 1998, that always dropped calls. Maybe I didn't have data but my service was better. My name is Ryan s so if anyone from T Mobil reads this, I dare you to do better. Thank you

Cory Colt Texarkana, TX

We've been with Sprint for years and years, but had to switch to T-Mobile. As part of the switch, we added an additional (5th) line and bought an iPhone 13. Then we needed four additional phones to upgrade our existing ones. The order was placed in a local T-Mobile store on 10/28/21. On 11/24 we received a text message and email that they had tried to take the money out of our account to pay for the 4 phones, but were unable to because we didn't have enough money in our account. We called them immediately, transferred the necessary money, and was then told by customer service everything was all set and our phones would be shipped two-day shipping. On 11/29 after not hearing anything and seeing no money had been taken out of our account we called and have spent collectively 6 hours on the phone talking to many different customer service reps and even to their 'help' on Twitter. Literally every-single-one of them gave us a completely different story about the status of our order and when money would be taken out of our account. It should not be THIS HARD to be a customer of T-Mobile. One of the customer service repos decided he should pretend to transfer me to a different person, TWICE, and both times trying to disguise his voice. I cannot talk to anybody in the U.S. as it seems all their customer service phone calls are handled in the Philippines, despite being told by local T-Mobile retail stores that calling 611 during normal business hours will result in the call being forwarded to a local (English speaking) call center. To date, I still don't have an answer to either of my two questions: 1. When will our order be shipped, and 2. When will money be taken out of our account. This has been an infuriating experience trying to switch to T-Mobile and get new phones. I'm at the point now where I don't want to be with T-Mobile at all nor do I want these phones. I'm going to cancel the order and cancel our service and switch carriers because of all of this. I cannot understand for the life of me why it is so difficult to just PROCESS OUR ORDER.

sailswmn Racine, WI

I was switched to TMobile from Sprint. They insist that I signed a lease contract with them for this phone and will NOT quit billing me for it ... or return the money that they already stole from me. I PAID completely for the phone when I was at their store. Completely ... It appears that after I left, "someone" filled out a Sprint Lease form and put it through their system and they are charging for "the lease" every month. They will not stop!!! and will not refund the money that they have already stolen from me. I have the original receipt. I have a copy of the lease that they recently sent to me. I have never seen it before, and it is NOT signed by anyone???

Verenice Espinoza Chicago, IL

I dropped my phone and the screen shattered also leaving my screen unresponsive to the touch. I took a visit to T-mobile on 47th and Pulaski. Jailene has always had exceptional service skills while working fast and efficiently. I was out of t mobile with my upgraded iPhone 13 and some accessories in an hour. Hands down always the best place to come and if you’re looking for someone to guide you in your cell phone services- ask Jailene.

Zee Zimmerman Charlottesville, VA

HORRIABLE!!!! DO NOT USE T_ MOBILE!!!!!! I was with Sprint and loved them. T_ MOBILE SUCKS!! Has major network issues. Bought a 5 G phone and have to use their 4 G network cause the 5 G doesn't work in my area. I am in Charlottesville VA, not the boonies!! I live in the city! Now stuck with the high price contract of the 5 G phone. Worst merger in history!!

jay baby Auburndale, FL

What’s the total week ago that I will be receiving a phone and a call I haven’t received none ask for corporate’s number Unfortunately I was told by corporate that they’re not taking any calls as of October 1st Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy Customer service likes to act as if the customer is lying and their representatives are right when they know the calls are recorded and monitored and they can pull the calls and listen to them. I have spoken to three representatives and the manager and they saying that they don’t see an order placed when I was promised that my phone will be coming tomorrow all I was calling them for what is the tracking number because I haven’t received a true email.

brett connolly Palm City, FL

Honestly, T-Mobile has been a great service ever since I switched over to them from Sprint but their "360 Protection" plan is an absolute scam and complete waste of money. I was paying $13 a month for a year a half after after I broke my previous phone and figured why not get insurance so the process is simpler and I can avoid having to pay full price again for a new phone. My current phone finally breaks and I find out that my $350 phone (now not even worth $120 brand new) won't be replaced without paying a $100 deductible. I could understand $100 maybe if I had a flagship phone but this was just insane considering I found my phone refurbished and like new selling online for around the same price. Long story short, do NOT get the phone insurance unless maybe you have a really expensive phone, and even still, I can see them still charging a ridiculous deductible that almost negates having the insurance to begin with. I mean, even with my middle range phone the deductible was more than it cost to just get another phone online. So yeah, do the math, $13 x 18 months = $234 that could have bought me the brand new version of my current phone where T-Mobile is simply giving me a pre-owned refurbished phone and STILL charging me $100 for the replacement, so really, it's costing me $324 to get a crumby replacement when I could easily buy an even better phone than my current one, brand new. So yeah, I give T-Mobile 3 stars because I love everything else about them but their insurance is just an awful scam. Too many hoops to jump through and then they'll still charge you through the nose just to get an even worse version (refurbished) of your current phone. Assurant is the company they use for their phone insurance. I know my rage should be focused solely on Assurant, but T-Mobile did decide to use them, so they still get a lot of the blame.

jerri reed Kansas City, MO

I received great service at the TMobile on 71 highway in Springdale AR. They had plenty of staff and EXPERT staff to help me with my issues. Marco G. deserves a raise for the magic he performed on my phone. I'm so grateful to him. Someone at TMobile needs to be congratulated for having the foresight to hire this genius of a man!

Bambie Alley Orlando, FL

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about 3 years ago and have been very pleased with the service that I have received. I had an issue with my phone once so I took it to a T-Mobile store and they could have not been nicer to help me resolve the problem. Service has been great so far!!!

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

I switched to Sprint after nearly 30 years with Verizon a couple of years ago. Sprint is now T-Mobile. The cell service has been good in the rural area I currently live where I had no service whatsoever from Verizon. They have been great with replacing a LG V50 after the charging port was acting up. They upgraded the phone with a brand new Galaxy S20 with no charge to me (the V50 was already paid off).

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I’ve had T-Mobile for about 12 years now The plans are simple and there are not any outrageous fees. It’s easy to purchase and upgrade phones. When my previous phone had a crack on their end it was easy to have it replaced. I have the iPhone 11 I think I have more qualms with my actual phone. Going on a road trip however; out of all the various companies my sister and her family were the only ones who had continuous service They have AT&T There are 3 of us and our families who have T-Mobile. Thinking of switching to AT&T though. I gave a 4 star rating because I tend to have a few lags Not often there will also be a lag in receiving my text messages.

sam getz Columbus, OH

absolutely horrible. service quality to customers is bottom of the barrel. they stand behind none of the products they provide. they sell a service that does not fit the definition of service. can not rate them since the rating system only uses stars, totally inappropriate. stupid on my part

Daniel Kress

I don't like how T-Mobile will charge $20 per line for a reconnection fee when they don't have to do anything to reconnect, it's done with computer programs. The ones that get charged this fee are the ones that can afford it the least.

louie reynolds Houston, TX

i cancelled a line in september cause my daughter move to another state and had no service i go into a store cause of promotions they are offering and they tell me i could not get the promotion cause it has been less than 90 says since i cancelled another line i would have to pay full amount and a 100 dollar deposit i dont think they care about there loyal customes ive been with them 13 years i pay for 6 lines a monthe which is around 400 a month so i am going to be looking into a provider who values there customers

Cybertoe Niagara Falls, NY

T-Mobile recently changed insurance carriers. The new company is terrible! I spent 3 hours on the phone with them and ended up losing my chit. One of my phones glitched out. I did nothing to it. They said I'd have to bring it to a store since it was a manufacturer's defect. I explained that all the stores in my area that do repairs are permanently closed (zip code 14303 if you want to check yourself). The only way I could get a new phone delivered was for me to agree that it was a physical defect (ie. my fault). Then they wanted a $49 deductible. For a $189 phone. What a rip-off. The reason I have such a cheap phone is because they refused to repair my more expensive one that had a similar problem. I think T-Mobile is selling subpar equipment and making money off repairs or "new" phones. I can't wait until my contract is up!

Stephanie Wilms Mason, OH

On Sep. 23rd, I went to my local T-Mobile to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. 512G. This is my experience.... My local T-Mobile store had a promo to upgrade from my Note 10+ to the Z fold 3 for a $1000 trade in. GREAT DEAL!!! I had to pay off my Note 10+ which was $116. I also had to upgrade my line to Unlimited Plus, $10 more monthly. I also paid $30 to upgrade, and $235 for taxes on the new phone. I paid just south of $400 after all was said and done. I have a receipt that they emailed me that proves it. I left with an installment agreement in place and a delivery date of 3-4 weeks. It is now Nov. 8th and I do not have the phone, nor is there a delivery date anywhere in sight. This is the best information that I can get after going to the store 2 times, talking with the store 3 times, chatting with CS 2 times, and talking to CS on the phone 3 times. I have spent a total of 9+ hours trying to get information regarding ETA. The main issue is, (BUYER BEWARE) after the purchase is made at the store, the info is sent to shipping. When the item is "picked" and it is time to ship the phone, an order number is created. When the phone is actually shipped, the customer receives an email with an order number so as to track the shipment. Until the order is shipped, NO ORDER NUMBER EXISTS. This means, no one, and I mean NO ONE has any information regarding the order. So, now, I have been waiting since Sep 23rd and as far as T-Mobile (store, chat, and CS by phone) goes, there is LITERALLY no way to track the order. It lives in limbo. No one can help me. I have been a human ping-pong ball for the last 3 weeks, trying to figure out when or even IF I will receive the phone. CS by phone had a hard time even finding any information at all about the phone. Chat never found information. The store seemed a slightly better alternative. Today, I decided that I am done dealing with this. I just want to get a refund and be done. No. Not happening. It is impossible to refund an order that doesn't exist. Except, it does exist since I paid money, have a store receipt, and even have an installment agreement number. I spent 48 minutes on the line with customer service this evening, and after waiting on hold while the rep tried to figure out whether or not I had purchased a phone at all , I was hung up on. Yes. Hung up on. Maybe accidentally, most likely deliberately since we both were getting pretty frustrated. I received no call back. I called them after spending 24 minutes on the phone with my local store who pinged, or is it ponged? me to them. After waiting 10 minutes for CS to call me back (surely we were accidentally disconnected, right?) I decided to call the store again. This resulted in a 20 minute conversation with an employee who informed me that I could not cancel until the phone ships. You know, because I do not have an order number. This story has many, many details that I would love to share, but to avoid this becoming an ACTUAL novel, I chose to put the most relevant info in this message. The juicy stuff, those details, make me want to throw a brick through my local store's window. But, I won't. Instead, maybe I should file for a paycheck for the many hours of being ping-ponged. And, maybe I should file an expense report for my mileage. Ha Ha. Loyalty only flows one way with this company, and I assure you, the customer is not on the receiving end. So, here I am, writing this and basically copying and pasting it to every single review site I can find because I have no other recourse. I cannot cancel the phone that may never come. I cannot get my money back because I cannot cancel. I cannot get a different phone because I have a lease for a phone that I don't have possession of. I am literally in limbo. And, they don't care. Not even a little as has been evidenced by the many calls, chats, and in-person visits that have gotten me nowhere. Apparently, there is a black hole that exists in their universe. Your money, your time, your inability to move forward, are all sucked in. And, T-Mobile has no idea how to find it. Literally no idea. Who knows, I may not even have a phone on order. They cannot tell me I do because there is no order number. What if I wait 3 more months and no phone comes. Will they be able to refund me then? No. I don't have an order number so you cannot cancel something in limbo apparently. I asked how long I should have to wait. I was told however long it takes - because there is a chip shortage. Well no **** Sherlock. I get it. But, now that I know that, 7 weeks later, 3-4 weeks longer than I was told, I would just appreciate my money back and the phone "order" canceled. But, there is no order number. Therefore, there is no order. Therefore, I cannot get my money back. I guess I will remain in purgatory. Maybe for 2 weeks, or 2 months, or 2 years. Who knows, they sure don't.

Jon Newton Minneapolis, MN

I had Verizon before I switched to t-mobile and I wish I would have stayed there. One thing t mobile don't tell you about there unlimited internet is that they have a roaming internet. Which means if your not on there tmobile service they only give you a very small amount of internet to use. I drive a truck and use my internet for sirus xm radio and map for weather service and road closer in winter. Well if you travel west of Iowa there internet is very spotty and most of the time your on a roaming internet service. Which means I use the little they give you in 2 days listening to satellite radio. With Verizon I never had this kind of problem. When they say unlimited that's exactly what it was. Now I'm stuck for 2 years. Don't let let them fool you like they did me

Mike L. Marco Island, FL

Where can I start? First of all reception service from T-Mobile where I live in South Florida has been as close to terrible as it could be. There are towers within a couple of miles from where service drops off to nothing, where calls can not be made nor reception for apps is received. More than several calls to T-Mobile promised that this would be resolved and nothing is ever done. Dropped calls within an area where calls are possible is another major problem and happens no less that two or three times a day. Calling customer service is nothing more than a joke and a complete waste of time. Sometimes the wait to speak with someone is over an hour only to wait again when the person connected to does not know how to fix the problem of reception. It seems that quite a few of the customer service contacts are working from home and have insufficient capability to do anything but talk and listen to problems being presented. It really can not be these people who a probably being told to soothe the customer, make promises and do not follow up on those promises. In my opinion, this is what they are more than likely being told to do by the company. I have spent several months with T-Mobile with this poor service where nothing more than lip service has been provided. Shame on you!!!! T-Mobile to making promises and taking money for this kind of poor service. I have "interaction" numbers given to me by your company representative to verify my service problems and promises to make things right. For more that 20 years I have been a customer with Sprint then being switched to T-Mobile only to be treated as poorly as this.

Tom Okerlund Henderson, NV

We’ve had T-Mobile for several years and are very happy with their fast and reliable 5g coverage and in store customer service. We recently upgraded one of our phones and the in store staff was knowledgeable and spot on in making the upgrade smooth and easy. We have the 50+ program that is reasonably priced and includes great options.

Randie S. Edmond, OK

Scroll to bottom of review for summary! Background: Been with Sprint since 2018 so I've merged into T-mobile, I guess. I received a SIM kit in the mail which switched me to T-mobile's network. Cool. Received a notice in the mail stating my insurance coverage/pricing/providers were being switched to T-mobile. Cool. I deleted all of the Sprint apps from my phone since I'm running on T-mobile services now. Went to pay my bill on the T-mobile app last night and it literally sent me to the Play Store to download the MySprint app. Why, you ask? Because I am a Sprint customer! WHAT?!?!?! That makes no sense to me, but whatever. Go to Sprint.com and pay my bill, all good. Since I wouldn't use the T-mobile app for anything besides bill pay, I decided to delete it. Only... ...I CAN'T!! For whatever reason, I'm not ALLOWED to disable or uninstall T-mobile. I can only uninstall updates (which by the way were auto-enabled without my permission). I feel I should be able to have my phone and all it's contents the way I want to have it. Especially if I'm paying for the services on it! Despite all this, my service has been uninterrupted and has been great! Summary: 1. App is not useful to me. 2. I am forced to keep the app. 3. I had to disable auto-updates on the app that I never authorized in the first place. 4. I've had no issues with the network itself, so there's that.

Marcus Greene Jacksonville, FL

Service absolutely sucks. Especially for iPads. Waiting for my contract to end so I can switch carriers. Do yourself a favor DON'T GO WITH TMOBILE. SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aly Houston, TX

T-Mobile has many perks - it is often the cheapest of the big cell phone companies (not counting those like Cricket), they offer deals on phones that are reasonable, their in-person customer service is always helpful and professional, and they have some perks such as free/cheap service overseas that is totally incomparable to any other competitor. My only complaints are that service seems to suffer in certain areas in a way that friends and family don't seem to have on their plans. If you're not living/frequently in these areas that is fine but otherwise it can be super annoying. Also I do feel that pricing is sometimes unclear due to fees, etc.

Joe Clarksville, TN

It has been the worst service i’ve ever had. That’s about all I have to say. Don’t be fooled by their false advertisement. 5G doesn’t work most of the time and we have no service at our home. We’re switching back to our previous service.

Diana Wright Provo, UT

I have been with Sprint for the past 15 years I’ve been able to get service most anywhere I go since this merger I have lost service in some of my most favorite areas and nobody absolutely nobody at T-Mobile can tell me why were there unwilling to fix it it just sucks that I have this nice expensive phone and I cannot use it everywhere like he used to I tried to tell the store and customer service that I used to have service and now I don’t and they act like they don’t believe me that I used to have service there because they say there’s no service up there

Stacey Yardis Tacoma, WA

I wish I could give 0 stars. I was hoping when tmoble took over sprint things would get better, but they got worse. I provide a phone for mother who lives in another state. She had to upgrade because of the 3g going away and she had an S7. This is already hard for her to learn a new phone. So I buy her an S20 FE cash and have it sent to her address. Let her know she can go to the store and they will help her with everything. Well, they won't. She has to figure out how to do it on her own. The reason is because it is a sprint phone and all the sprint stores are T-moble now. What BS. And knowing the CS reps I have talked to on the phone this will be a nightmare for her. I AM DISCUSTED with this so called CS. This was just the last straw in a long line of being lied to and misled about plans etc. I will be canceling service as soon as it suits me to do so (stuck in a buy one get one trap) I will also be posting more on any social media app I can as T-mobile obviously doesn't give a care about its customers. Take my advise. Verizon is the way to go. Even their pricing lately is comparable.

Consumer Product User Amsterdam, NH

I have been a T-Mobile customer for more years than I would like to admit. They lost my family and I as customers today. We have been living in the Netherlands but we still need our USA numbers for Credit Cards, Banks, Relatives etc. I've been able to pay my T-Mobile bill all of these years (6 of which have been FROM THE NETHERLANDS) and (long story short) as of today the best that their customer service representative could do was ask me if I had a relative in the USA that could pay the bill for me! I am a 56 year old male, and they told me to go "ask mommy" to pay my bill?!!!!! Good bye T-Mobile!

Ashlynn Henderson Monroe, LA

The "Customer service" provided by this company is an absolute joke. First when upgrading my device they quickly take your money, but having any issue that is their fault and asking for money back seems to be out of the question. After being told my new device was to be delivered 10-18-2021 and it never arriving I reached out to customer support who insisted it was never out for delivery or even processed out of their warehouse... Strange. Then after almost 2 weeks after they decided to finally file a claim in their system which I was told would take 1-2 business days and I should receive an email confirmation about the start of the claim. That was 10-22-2021, never heard back until 8am 10-28-2021 just stating that they need more time. I have now stated I would like to cancel the order and request a refund which they stated they could not do until the claim finished. I also informed them I would be switching companies which landed me into speaking with a supervisor who issues a "refund" as a credit to my account after I asked for that not to happen.

Patricia Montalvan P.A. Miami, FL

HORRIFIC experience after being a loyal customer for many years . I had the Worst customer service, today, October 27th at 1:15pm (Easter time) was threated by the manager under the name Joe or Josh. Today, I reported a signal issue that I have been having a for a long time and he ended up telling me that I should pay more that I was not legible for a corporate discount and never gave me a solution. I tried to call again but it looks like he is the only manager working today at this shift. HELP!!! #HELPME Anybody knows who can help me with the signal issue? Also I would like to report this manager before I change to another phone company following his advise.

Alton Lasiter Montgomery, TX

TMobile overcharged my account for not returning a damaged phone that was replaced. After many calls, the phone was finally located behind a bin at the return location. TMobile then placed a credit on my bill for the amount that was charged in error. As a result of the bad experience, I switched carriers. Several months later, TMobile has yet to refund the overpayment. I've spent hours, with promises of refunded the money, yet nothing. Every time I call TMobile for help, expect to spend over an hour on hold trying to speak with a reprentative, that will promise a refund but so noting.

Ronald Diggs Ellicott City, MD

If I could leave a 0 for the tasting I would! I was a customer of T-Mobile for over 6 years. Within this last year I've I've had the worst is the worst customer service, comma customer experience experience than anyone could imagine could imagine. In May my Samsung device stopped working. I called them to customer service since I have insurance on this device and have been paying for insurance for over 5 years. They provided to me what they call a warranty exchange so I got another device say model. I connected the device to my phone line and a day later the device stopped working. I called T-Mobile again and explain that the device was not working so they shipped me out another warranted device. The same day this device was connected it was not working either. After receiving 2 defective warranty exchanges I called back into customer service and requested that they do something different. I ended up getting a new device. The representative that I spoke with in customer servthe thing customer service advised me that the device which was $800 would be broken down into installments and added to my account. He reassured me that there was no need for me to do anything else because he would follow up and take care of everything. I never received a phone call from him again and on my bill was an $800 charge for a new device. Not only was this charge on my account but the 2 defective warranty devices that I returned to T-Mobile they charged me a non return equipment fee to the tuna $560 per defective phodefective phone. Now my T-Mobile bill is $1900!! I made several attempts to get this resolved to no avail. When I spoke with customer service it was my local customer service out of Richmond ,Virginia. Customer service advise me that unfortunately I unfortunately I spoke with outsourced customer service who is really not is knowledgeable of what really can be done and what cannot be done. My response was I called T-Mobile whether it be outsource or in the States it is t-mobile. I requested that they honor what was offered to me and they simply apologize and said that they could not. Again this began in May and I made well over 50 calls to date to try and resolve this issue. I got nothing but the run around and the it's run around and the only thing they were concerned with was me paying them money towards this outrageous bill. Speaking with customer service some of them were very apologetic and understood I requested a number of callback's from supervisors and management and that never never happened. I'm sorry perhaps once a supervisor returned my call. She said that she returned my call and left me a voice message.. I never received that voice message. Is this comment or review would take well over an hour and a 1/2 if I told you about the agony that I endured in its entirety. I will wrap this up. Just this past week I spoke with a supervisor in regards to my concerns. I was calling to find out if this back office team his office team had begun to review my account because my payment was coming due. The supervisor Wendy advised that it takes 10 business days for this group to review accounts accounts and issues and issues. Since my concern was a payment coming up what she did was agree to place what they refer to as a financial hold on my account to allow allow this back office team to review my concerns. She did this because this team you cannot speak to them directly you have to write them and mail it using snail mail or if you're lucky you will get their email address. My payment was due on the 20th of the month and she scheduled a follow up call to me on Saturday which is the 24th. Yesterday my services were canceled middle of the day. I called customer service, 2 hours into the call getting nowhere. What I can advise you is that no one is on the same page no one takes accountability no one take accountability for their errors with t-mobile. What they do well well is apologize. And I'm granted there's more details in what occurred with me however I gave you the nuts and bolts be careful T-Mobile is out to make money by any means necessary. Their customer service team specializes in miss information and good luck on trying to get it straight and a resolution that is fair to everyone. I would not recommend anyone to this company!!! Stay Away! It's funny...AMAZING NOT AT ALL!

My horrible t mobile experience Southaven, MS

It was the most horrible experience I've had with a carrier. I ordered the phone online and the sales rep done nothing but lie to me. I told her I wanted the larger phone and asked what the difference was between iPhone 13 pro and 13pro max. She said they were same size and only difference was the max had a better camera and cost more so I opted for the 13 pro maxing I had a 800.00 trade in so I wouldn't owe anything for the phone. I received the regular iPhone 13.I was so upset I called and it took another week for them to tell me I would have to pay full price for the Promax. I'm sending phone back today. I guess they think they can take advantage of Senior citizens.

Billy Nguyen Portland, OR

Having been a T-mobile, Verizon & AT&T customer. I’ve had the benefit of comparing all of the major US carriers and here are some of my thoughts & experiences as a T-mobile customer for the past year. Pros: - A pretty good value depending on your market. - Their customer service team seems to try a little bit harder than most of the major carriers. - T-mobile Tuesdays is a pretty sweet perk. Cons: - Data throttling will leave you extra frustrated in times of need. - Service can be patchy in areas even if you live in a large urban metropolitan. - Doesn’t value users data hence the bad rap with many data leaks. I scored a great discount with my employer which ultimately was the main motivation to switchover to T-mobile. Perhaps the deal was too good as I got overzealous and added on my in-laws to my plan too. That changed my rate plan. After more than a total of 60+ hours working with customer service for a couple months, many unfulfilled escalation tickets, and manual bill credits. We were able to revert my plan back to the correct discount. The straw that broke the camel’s back was the data leak that left millions of customers personal information exposed and for me, that was not worth the headache. Not too mention the data throttling in times of need that would make loading just the Google landing page impossible. As I cut my relations with T-mobile after getting back my plan to $62/month for 5 lines (I know, it was a really good deal but not worth the headache to deal with T-mobile’s shenanigans) My final bill came out double what I usually pay although I cut my service 2 days after the service period. After calling the so called T-mobile “Experts” they were able to see my past billing payments and price but weren’t willing to make one final bill adjustment to reflect that previous monthly rate. That left a sour taste in my mouth about their business practices and I can confidently say, I will never consider T-mobile’s services for my wireless needs nor will I ever recommend their service to my family, friends and even enemies.

Arleen Faulk Garden City, SC

Horrifying I had to call repeatedly they continue to tell me the problem was resolved no worries the problem was not resolved no matter what I said no matter how I said it they would not listen to me they did not know what they were doing they did things that were not resolving the problem wasting their time in my time completely it literally not figuratively but literally reach the point that I got sick I literally got sick from distress and frustration of trying to get T-Mobile customer service to do their job and solve a problem that was actually at their end spent hours on the phone got nowhere nowhere at all I'm still not sure the problems resolved I'm scared to check and see if it is

Sweet Nouveau Palmdale, CA

Are used to love T-Mobile and I still believe their customer service is the best there is. But in terms of price and offers they are lacking a lot. Other networks seem to give you better offers and deals to upgrade.

alexisblige Tallahassee, FL

Since switching from Metro-PCS to T-Mobile, I’ve seen a drastic change in my service. I’m now able to use my phone without wifi and have my phone fully function solely off of unlimited data alone.

Roger Blum Miami Beach, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for many years, mainly due to the free international 2G data. Last year, I stopped by a T-Mobile store, to look at new phones. I didn't at the time upgrade, but the representative looked at my account, and said I could save a little on my monthly bill if I switched plans. My only question was if this new plan would still include the free international data. I was assured that it would. It turned out that it didn't, and I didn't find this out until my family was traveling, and unable to use their phones. I contacted T-Mobile many times, but the result was that they would not be responsible for what I was told by their own representative in their own store. Bottom line - don't trust what you're told in a T-Mobile store. Get it in writing and review it before agreeing to anything. If their representative misrepresents something, it is the customer's responsibilty.

Lenora Francis Brookline, MA

T-mobile is second to Verizon as to having a great service, but they have dropped calls. I have been on calls with friends and their phone drops a call going under a bridge. I wait to get a call back and there are always that explanation.

Dena Lenexa, KS

I love the 55+ plus plans, no hidden fees simple every month. In rural areas coverage can be spotty but in city areas very clear. I also like getting Netflix as part of the $70 a month for two lines.

Anita Brooks Denver, CO

We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile when they merged with Sprint and they paid off my phone. It was very easy at their store. They have very knowledgeable staff. They transferred all my contacts and everything. The most important thing of all is my monthly phone bill went down a lot for the same service I was getting before.

Canutillo High El Paso, TX

I like the fact that I can walk into any T-mobile store, and not feel like I'm in a used car dealership. Seems employees are well trained and cordial. I also like that they provide military discounts, and free texting/internet on AA flights.

Judy Tepe Mason, OH

We signed up for T-Mobile cell phone service through the kiosk at Costco Waterstone. They were very busy, but also very knowledgable and helpful. We love our new cell phone service! Special thanks to Brittany and, especially, Theron, who helped us very much!! We are seniors and not very tech savvy, and they had great patience with us. They were very helpful! We love T-Mobile and we love Costco!!

Tracy Deleon Lake Wales, FL

I bought a phone about 3 months ago, and hated it. Happen to stop by T-Mobile while out shopping,to see if they could help me get a new phone and a cheaper phone plan. Noah, the sales guy was super patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I am loving the new phone already! Superfast and crisp colors. The sales manager Corey was awesome too, offered to credit my account after I complained about some of the prices. Thanks guys!!! Amazing customer service!!!

Jean Massey La Grange, TX

I have been with Metro PCS/ T-MOBILE for years and have always had the best coverage, rates and service. I have friends and family that are with other cell companies and all I hear is complaints about how bad and slow the service is. I never worry about overages of any kind because when T-Mobile says unlimited it means unlimited! Not unlimited until you use so many gigs and then you slow down to a snail with a limp speed.

Stan from Kazakhstan Kent, WA

I've been customer for over 8 years. Never asked to replace my phone. And now first time I have problem with the phone and they not helping me out. YES I have this fake protection which they selling you. JUMP . So I decided to jump to another carrier

Brian St. Petersburg, FL

Terrible customer service for the business side. The people migrating people over from Sprint have absolutely no Idea how to do there jobs. 25 hours of my time and 4 months still not done! Still in a semi workable Limbo with no end in sight. So many promises broken. I was just told that our 18 line account wasn't big enough for a manager to help with!

C Griff Troy, MI

Tmobile is a joke. They had to give me a credit twice for their towers being completely down, so they raised my bill that month for "government and taxes fees." I didn't end up getting any credits bc of the random bill hike. We got a home internet device from them, returned it, they said they never got it. We have called them 7 times and showed them the ups tracking shows we sent it back, they have opened multiple investigation reports and have never figured it out. They think owe them $200 for a device, but the truth is they owe me $75.