Q Link Wireless Logo

Q Link Wireless

2.1

LAST UPDATED: October 11th, 2021

Q Link Wireless is a free phone service available exclusively to low-income individuals and families on a government assistance program like SNAP, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs through its Lifeline program. The company offers customers nationwide coverage on both 5G and 4G LTE networks.

T-Mobile Logo
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data
  • No Annual Contract
  • Keep Your Phone and Number
  • Nationwide Coverage

Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data

Q Link Wireless customers receive a number of benefits when they enroll for the company's Lifeline assistance program:

• Unlimited Texting
  • Unlimited Talk
  • Free Phone Activation and SIM Card
  • No Credit Check
  • Voicemail and 3-Way Calling
  • Access to 10 Million Wifi Hotspots

Q Link Wireless estimates customers can save up up to $599 per year in monthly fees when they sign up for the Lifeline plan.

No Annual Contract

Q LInk Wireless is also one of the few cell phone plan providers to not require its customers to sign up for lengthy, multi-year contracts. Qualifying customers can sign up for or cancel Q Link's free cell phone service at any time.

Keep Your Phone and Number

Q Link Wireless customers can also keep their existing phone and phone number when they enroll in the Lifeline program, regardless of whether they own a flip phone, iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung Galaxy. Customers in need of a smartphone can receive a free Q Link phone.

Nationwide Coverage

Q Link Wireless is actively working to expand its national network. The carrier’s network coverage depends on the area, weather, signal strength, and traffic volumes, but over 97 percent of the geographic United States is covered.

The Bad

Only Available to Qualifying Customers

Q Link Wireless's Lifeline assistance program is only available to qualifying Americans who are currently on a low income or government assistance program:

• SNAP (food stamps)
  • Medicaid
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Social Security Income Assistance

The Bottom Line

Customers living under the Federal Poverty Line may find a reliable cell phone provider in Q Link Wireless. The company offer free cell phone services to more than 2 million qualifying customers across roughly 97 of the country. Customers on government financial aid programs are encouraged to enroll in the Lifeline program.

1.4

Boricua Del Bronx The Bronx, NY

I don't understand why people is complaining about Q-Link. I know sometimes they provide discarded phones but they provide you with a sim card for many phones, including iPhones.. With a good phone you get good service. I got problems with caller ID and signal when I started but now I'm using an old iPhone and with the new sim card they just sent me everything is working excellent.

John Johnston Signal Mountain, TN

I have been with Q Link about 3 years as I am in a nursing home and living in nursing home makes you poor. I can't believe all these negative reviews. This service has been a gift from God to me. Without this program I wouldn't have a phone. So I have been saving for a new phone so when I got this new sim I went ahead and got it. When I looked at how to activate it I did not understand the reset part so I called in and had a tech on the line in 5 minutes. He was so nice and helpful and he asked me some questions about my phone and then he had me call a number that is on the card under the word activation. I called it was automated and it asked me a couple questions and then it activated it for me. Much easier then going into your phone and resetting the carrier. So I love the service of Q Link and I am having fun playing with my new phone. I will check back here and if anyone wants to ask me any questions about how I set up my phone leave me a message. My name is John and I want to thank Q Link for helping me, living in a nursing home, to be able to have a cell phone.

Jody E Seattle, WA

There is no 'best' about this company! They promised a new phone to me since April and all I've received was a ENORMOUS run around and now they are saying the promo is over. NOT MY problem they didn't get the phone to me in a timely fashion. They have outright lied to me and they have no IDEA WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE EVEN MEANS! Run don't walk away and use a different company! I was forced to give a 1 star rating, true rating -(minus) 10.

Denise Fleischer Cleveland, OH

I was a customer for years. The service was great. Then the 5G thing. The 3G phone I had started having problems. Dropped calls, or the incoming call didn't come through. The phone wouldn't update. I complained to Q Link a lot. A new was supposed to be shipped. Months go by. No phone. I canceled my service. Waited about a month, went online and bought a new phone. Started service and waited again. Phone has been shipped etc. Searched online for Qlink problems. QLink headquarters was raided by Feds. Lots of them. Canceled Qlink. Went to Boost. Walked out with new phone. Find a better company

Susan Laird TX

I signed up for my mother to up grade her phone also to receive a tablet that was around January and it's now going into September and nothing . Received an email say phone was shipped but tracking number doesn't work. My mother is in a nursing home and her old phone does not work half the time so I called them they didn't want to talk to me because I'm not on her account but finally told me her phone is still at warehouse waiting to be shipped. When I asked why I received the email saying it had been shipped they hung up on me. Great company I think not

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I wish I had actually read these reviews before signing up with Qlink. I have had a lifeline phone in the past with another company and had great service, so when I received a random email from Qlink, I decided to take advantage again since I was eligible again. I signed up May 2021. I used my own phone. I paid $100 to have it unlocked through a private party. Then, when I got there sim, the service was very sketchy and my voicemail was not working at all. After several calls and tickets, it took about 2 months before I was able to get working voicemail. All customer service reps I dealt with had heavy thick foreign (non American) middle eastern accents. I could not understand a word they were saying, especially since I'm hard of hearing. I kept getting passed around trying to find someone that could talk slowly and clearly enough for me to understand. I have received at least 50 text messages and 50 emails totaling 100, about signing up with the EBB benefits to get a free tablet, which I did. That was over 90 days ago. They keep telling me it's being shipped, but it's never come. I ended up switching my ebb benefits to ATT and got a cheap $50 Walmart tablet. Lastly, the actual cell services is TERRIBLE, the worst I have ever had, even back in the 90s my service was better than this!!! Constant dropped calls, calls that won't even go through to ring, and I am told that people call and call, but I never get any missed calls. It's ridiculous, I had to prove to my mother that I wasn't ignoring her, that it was my phone, by having her call me while I stood right next to her!!! It's awful! In my opinion, this is a foreign based company attempting to take advantage of American Government money. All I know is I will be transferring my lifeline service to another provider.

Jennifer Mount Vernon, WA

Was supposed to receive a free tablet around June that never came? I did receive a manilla envelopes with what looked like a receipt and order of some sort around that time. Not long after this I read an article that explained how their business site in Florida was raided by the FBI. So I can only assume that's why my tablet never came???

J.R. Patton Oklahoma City, OK

Qlink wireless is a fraud. They offered tablets with service thru the EBB. However, its been 4 months since the last update that they were behind. But six months since i applied. Still no tablet!! Yes its been confirmed and shipping address verified. I am on hold for 63 minutes before the call terminated. I will be reporting them to usac and EBB itself. They have been collecting funds for months but not providing the services they were for.

Dianna Chadbourne Bangor, ME

this business is Scamming the goverment ,I have received multi emails, since march telling me that I would receive a new phone and Tablet! nothing. come on how stupid do these people think we are? they are receiving money because of the pandemic to provide all user with updated phones 5g and a tablet but we are not receiving anything and being given the excuses at why nothing is shipped!

Belle Pierdon Willoughby, OH

I went ahead and accepted the offer for the "new 5G phone" 6 months ago!! Nothing, I call and they tell me just a few more days and it'll ship, they are liars! my old LTE phone is barely usable since they did the 5G upgrade, I'm luck to be able to send a text. This is a horrible service, horrible old phone which never worked well at all but is trash now. They need to be turned in to the FCC and fined!

April Robertson Greenville, SC

I placed a order about 5 months ago. I call at the end of each month. All customer service can tell me is my mailing label has been printed and just be patient a few more days. I been patient for months. It won't be so bad but I am a strokes survivor. And my phone is my life line. I have borrowed phones and done without. I don't know how to get help with this . It's getting ridiculous now . Help someone please! See by I've was great when I had a sim card and phone.

MeL Denver, CO

I agree with Mikes review, DO NOT USE Q LINK. YOU WILL BE SORRY. THEY ARE LIARS AND INCOMPETENT. THEY WILL SEND YOU A HUNDRED NOTICES BUT NEVER SEND YOU EQUIPMENT. IN MY OPINION Q LINK IS STEALING GOVERNMENT BENEFITS MINE AND YOURS... I BELIEVE Q LINK SHOULD PAY ME FOR MY TIME AND ENERGY AND THE EMOTIONAL DISTRESS THEY CAUSED ME.. I'm grateful that the emotional stress from Q Link hasn't caused me to have a seizure. Please, don't waste your time with Q Link.

Mike Rutland, VT

Qlink is a terrorist company. I went back and forth between customer and technical services, for almost 4 months. The details are the same as many of the negative posts here so I won't bore you with all that. *******LISTEN TO ME QLINK CUSTOMERS******* CALL OR WRITE THE FCC AND FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. They have a very easy online form right on their website. Once the FCC contacted Qlink and subsequently replied to my complaint. I had my new phone within a week. The harassing and nonsensical emails stopped. A knowledgeable customer service agent calls ME with helpful and useful information and issue fixes that work. FCC

Sade b Oklahoma City, OK

DO NOT USE QLINK!!! I have been waiting for 3 months to get my new phone and SIM card. I have my phone order confirmation email and confirmation number from March 24th it is now the end of June! Everyday that I have tried to contact qlink wishing these last 3 months about my order they all say the same thing “your order will be shipped in 1 or 2 days” and STILL nothing has arrived I contact them at least once a week why has my phone and SIM card not arrived yet. Do not use qlink it’s you will never get your order. You will get the same response with no resolution, it will never get shipped out they just tell you it will while you wait for months and keep having to contact and not get your order. Find a better trustworthy company that cares to actually ship out your items dealing with qlink you will have no phone and no service. The worst phone company experience I have EVER encountered. I do not understand why they are still in business the low rating on the reviews speaks for itself.

Dolie Lo Rochester, MI

I like that it's free. I haven't used my phone in months and it's still on. I went on the website and they had phones for $25.95 and I ordered it and the charged me 69.95. For a cheap alcatel. I requested a shipping label to return the phone over a month ago and still have received nothing!

Michael walsh Phoenix, AZ

I ordered a phone back on March 25th it is now July 30th 2021 and they still have not sent this order out I have called emailed them I get the same answer they don't respond at all to any of my emails the only answer they have given me thats true is they have no idea when it will ship out but soon I have been told this for months now and its old

Kathy Singleton Munster, IN

Q link wireless has terrible customer service and they are Liars I have been waiting on my SIM card kit for a month when I call them I get the same scripted answer that it will be shipped this week and I will receive a email when it’s shipped it’s been 4 weeks I also keep getting a email saying my service needs to be active or I will loose it I can use what I have not received it’s a shame they are charging the Government for this and we the people suffer and never receive anything. Terrible service

Sybil Noble Kansas City, MO

WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WOTH THEY GET MONEY FROM THE GOVT BUT PROVIDE HORRIBLE SERVICE (WHEN YOU CAN GET THROUGH GO THEM) THEY'VE PROMISED ME MY PHONE IS ON ITS WAY FOR 5 MONTHS——STILL NO PHONE……CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE DON’T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH (LANGUAGE BARRIER —-BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!) I AM SICK OF DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!) IF I COULD GIVE THEM ZERO I WOULD——ITS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Dennis K Spokane, WA

Link Wireless is a SCAM to take the government money! Their internet service is nonexistent, it literally was loading between 147KB - 189KB when trying to open up the internet to find a phone number for a local business. It is impossible to reach their customer service, you will have to wait a minimum of 2 hrs on the line that’s if you get lucky, but more likely 3.5hrs, not even exaggerating either! Their phone service is awful also, I constantly get dropped calls and very difficult to talk to someone when their voice keeps cutting off, and they struggle to understand me before the call gets dropped, I’ve had it with this company, I don’t even know how they are allowed to continue to do business with just about every single customer being unsatisfied for one reason or another. They have been sending me emails and text messages about a free tablet they are giving out with some government broadband service/program and asking me to confirm my mailing address, and after doing so says wait for shipping tracking number which I never receive and the tablet is never delivered, instead I continue getting the same email/text asking me if I’m interested in a free tablet and to confirm my mailing address, every week or every other week since about February or March. Qlink Wireless needs to be investigated because clearly this is a money/profit motivated company with almost no concern or regard for its customers, or care to change anything. I’m leaving QLink, and just wanted to share my distaste with others to warn anyone considering choosing QLink as their free wireless phone provider, there are many other companies to choose from, and any one of them is a better choice!!

Just Videos Medford, OR

Q link is a complete joke. Dont waste your time. I have been trying to verify my info with national verifier for the past 2 weeks. But the link in my profile is not working. I chat with them online and they keep saying to do this and that over. News flash if it aint gonna work the first time than its not gonna work the 2nd, 3rd time and so on. And when you call I was on wait for a hour when they said it was only gonna be 10 mins. Than when finally someone answers and all they say is hi and never asks you why you are calling. Thats if you can understand their chinese english accents. They told me I had to cancel my service with Assurance Wireless to get approved with Q link so I did and I still havent gotten approved yet.

Matt Miller Dallas, TX

This company is a scam... i transfered my number over on just a few days ago got told it went through and they activated my service. i tried to place a call didnt go through tried another number no go. got through to 611 and was told i was out of minutes on an unlimited minute plan um excuse me? also i have a 5g phone and the 5g sim card and there is 5g in my area but the phone has 2 bars of lte... how is that a thing when i would have full 4glte on metro by tmobile in the same area and would even get 3-full bars of 5g here? run from this comapny cus they will steal your info if you transfer from another service they will steal your number and if you are on another lifeline they will steal your service.

The SLP New Ellenton, SC

I'm giving QLink 1 star because 0 stars is not an option. THIS COMPANY IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST! I needed a new phone as the old one stopped working. Naturally, I attempted to use the website to switch devices (this was at one point the most convenient way to make changes, and I'd done it before, so I figured it would be easy). I was able to 'successfully' verify that my new phone was compatible and order a new SIM card via the site. I expected them to stop service on my phone because they always do this when you're receiving a new SIM/device. I hate it but accepted it as just one of those things. Reading other reviews, I'm reminded of my initial rage seeing as this is RIDICULOUS. Still, I thought, It won't be long now. I can last a week without service. I'll have my new phone set up soon." WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!! A few days later, I received my SIM card. I ATTEMPTED to activate it using the guide sent with the card. The process did not work. About a week later I received an email instructing me to activate it or lose my benefit. I called in and went through the same process with the automated system and a live agent who was supposed to transfer me to a different department then hung up. IDIOT! The next call I made seemed to be answered by someone who was intoxicated or drugged. She literally could not talk (slurring her words) and passed out on the phone. I have attempted to call back multiple times over the past few weeks. I've been told by the automated system that my wait time was ten minutes, then one, then each time after, the call would be disconnected. I had already waited for three hours prior to this message on each call I made to them. Agents in the following calls are hanging up on us or simply need further training on how to use the system. I'm being sarcastic. They don't care and the government doesn't care either. I sent an email message detailing my ordeal and stated that if the card and/or phone does/will not work, it would be greatly appreciated and deemed more respectable and intelligent if someone would simply say so instead of being an unprofessional and lazy coward and hanging up the phone. So, thanks for NOTHING. These people are garbage!

Dana Warner Arlington, TX

BEWARE!!!! Q Link Wireless is NOT the only company that provides the Lifeline service there are other companies that also provide it...PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT CHOOSE Q LINK THEIR SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY ARE CROOKS !!!!!! This company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I was with them for about 5 months First due to their incompetence I lost my phone number that I had for over 10 years...I ported my number then a few days later my phone was shut off with no notification they couldn't verify my benefits so instead of calling me they disconnected my phone I got it straightened out but ended up losing my number then several months later I decided to buy a phone from them because the phone I brought in was not working good then a couple of days later they shut my phone off AGAIN!!! This time I couldn't get in touch with customer service because the wait times were anywhere from 4-8 hours I was able to get hold of the online chat service and I was told that they disconnected my current phone to send the new one and they wouldn't do anything about it would have to wait for the new phone...that was 3 days!!! I am a fall risk and can't go without a phone that long I live alone and if I get hurt I need to be able to call for help so I did some research and found out that they are not the only company that provides this service so when I received the phone that I paid $119.95 for I just returned it to them unopened and went to a different provider.. TRUCONNECT ... I returned the phone on April 1st and I was still not able to speak with anyone at the customer service number but I found a different number in the sim card information that was sent so I called that number and was finally able to get in touch with someone for the first time in about 6 weeks ..they are claiming that they have not received the phone back and I have proof the phone was received on April 7th...they are refusing to refund my money even thought they have the phone I have contacted them 3 times and each time I get a new lie...THIS COMPANY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL I am only giving 1 star because 0 stars is not an option

Matthew Grier Beaver Falls, PA

The service is actually not bad, as it works on the t-mobile network. The phone they provide is about as basic as it gets, but I mean come on people, it's FREE. My advice is to just take what you get and appreciate it. If you want something better then go out and pay for it. Me ima use the hell outta this free phone!! Thank you Qlink.

Paddy Salter Semmes, AL

I have had this service since may and as of today 8-16-21 I have still not had a single day of working service or received phone paid for or been able to speak to anyone with any help other then wait wait wait nothing

Qlink Loser Red Wing, MN

I have not had a working phone for 4 months!! Wrote customer service 50 times! They write me telling me to call!? To call without a phone??? No PHONE to call 911 last week! Do NOT recommend!

Jennifer Roney Warsaw, IN

Since this supposed upgrade with the network I have no service in my area. I got disconnected from customer service three times. They ask for a call back number and never call back. I will be taking my business to safelink.

Leslie Creech Cumberland, KY

I order a cellphone a month ago and I still haven't received it I have ask for help from them they just give a run around when I type my tracking number it says that its delayed at a ups port in Lexington ky damaged I'm not impressed with the company at all I wont never recommend them to no one buyers beware....

Bl Griesbach Oshkosh, WI

This is the worse company ever.... Do not chose this one.. Called customer service numerous times received no help they rerouted my call so many times that it finally hung up takes forever to get to a live person that is no help if the government is paying this company it is totally a waste of tax payer money. The government should check and see how many actual people can use their phone ...I am one who cannot

Danell Sweringen La Center, WA

My free phone was $59 not free. No tablet even though they said in march I would receive one No data no wifi I have complained. If you use it to call it doesn't work. The phone is all advertising. You can't use it. They refuse to provide the what they promised. THIS BUSINESS IS A SCAM THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN AND PUT IN PRISON FOR STEALING FROM THE GOVERNMENT

MichiganMama616 Grand Rapids, MI

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET. Yes, it's a free government service, but good luck ever getting a human. I've spent hours of my life trying to resolve issues that are still not addressed. Paid for a new phone never received. Send in paperwork many times they say I didn't. Now they shut the service off saying I have free service twice which is a total lie. It's a complete disaster. Would probably be a better idea to just pay $15 a month with Mint wireless. I think that's what I'm going to do.

Paul D. Lubbock, TX

QLink sent a 5G upgrade sim card for my Lifeline smart phone they sent me because I'm on SSI Disability. Once installed it states "Invalid SIM Card" on screen. I put the old card back in to be able to call. I called many times, got put on hold many hours (236 minutes once), finally the tech girl said they would update in a few days. They updated the phone to NOT work any more. Now, I have no service at all. This has got to be the most incompetent 'company' I have ever known. I filed a complaint with the FCC since our government pays these morons to provide service. Stay away from QLink. Run away.

barrientes Tempe, AZ

Actually my phone was working fine until they forced me to upgrade to the 5G network now the phone does not work at all. I got the new SIM card and have spent so far 12 hours either on hold or talking to non-helpful people. Still does not work. Now the old SIM card does not work either. Currently on hold going into the 3 hour this time around as I type this. I am on Hospice and terminal. I need this phone fixed. They promised me a new tablet for upgrading. I better get it after all this crap. I may just order new phone and hope it comes with the 5 G. They say the 4 G will not work after April.

Jeffrey Hoshour ,

I don't even want to give a 1 star review, this company is paid by the United States government to provide service for low income individuals. So, with a signed contract with the government, they get paid an exorbitant amount of money to provide services to the people and they take that money and screw the people. Im supposedly on a no limit data plan and I only receive about 1M of data and the connection cuts off and resets. I was told by customer service that it's actually only 3G of high speed data and after that it is throttled. NOT ONE TIME HAVE I GOTTEN 3G OF CONTINUOUS HIGH SPEED DATA. I recently needed more data so I would not lose my connection, so I purchased the $60 UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA BUNDLE, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, I'M GETTING THE SAME CRAP! Being on a very low fixed income, the loss of that $60 was a HUGE loss. We need to figure out how to turn these crooks into the agency that is paying these extortionists! This is unacceptable, maybe in Pakistan/India, or wherever this company is based out of its acceptable, but not here!

Mary Baker Springdale, AR

I have had this service around 3 years, then they wanted me to upgrade to 5G sim card. Well, okay, if they think I need to and can, why not? I get the card, and it says it's invalid even after going through all their "technical support on the phone which is not human or helpful for problems or questions", it would not update and it switched my number over to it even though I did not want that yet. I still got ZERO G and it still says it's an invalid card. I can't get any one to answer their phone to send a new sim card or to help switch me back to my old sim card and not sure if I messed it up to do that. The Facebook Qlink people should be fired for ghosting everyone that asks for help then ignoring them and deleting them like they do. It must be nice drawing a pay check off of impoverished sick elderly people and screw around with them too for fun like that. People are so mean and cruel these days and should not be in those types of positions to do that. NONE of their phones are capable of using 5G so BEWARE! You'd have to already have a 5G phone, and they are super expensive, and we wouldn't have the money for it, so this offer from them is a SCAM. It messed up on me; it probably will mess up on you too. Their lines are flooded with angry people with this problem, and that's why their record is slurring and stuttering and lagging so badly that it is nearly impossible at times to understand what it is trying to communicate.

Roger Datt Fort Valley, GA

Customer service put me on hold for 2hrs. And told me after midnight to restart my phone. I did and still got no Data. I can't use GPS or check my email unless I have wifi. THEY LIED TO ME about data. That new tablet is CHEAP TRASH AND THE SIMS CARD IS TOO.

Ronald L Webster Houghton Lake, MI

They are untrustworthy and they lie to there customer and will put you on hold for over 3 hours after being told that your call will be answered in 1 minute, they never return calls or answer your emails that suppost to be answered with in 3 business days, I'm still waiting for answers, still on hold after 3 hours of waiting

Digitalis Etherium Sacramento, CA

Absolutely terrible. They run a throttle lottery. One month you may have good service. The next .5 Mbps if you are lucky. Spent 3 hours on hold to contact customer service and was at 39 minutes remaining the entire time. Do yourself a favor. Get Visible. It’s amazing service on Verizon towers and it runs 25/mo on Party Pay. Right now they have a code you can add at checkout 3for20 which gets you your first 3 months at 20 dollars. I just switched back to them. I never should have left. Even for free. Goodbye forever QLink!

Negan Anderson, SC

For everyone that is complaining about these free phones. ITS FREE , you don't have to buy data or minutes in fact imagine this is a phone from 1995 , no internet just use it for short basic texts and to actually talk on. You won't be able to use facebook or other apps since it's a dumb smart phone. It's just BASIC people , stop expecting premium service.

Karl Lafler Washington, DC

Not really wanting to complain about free phone service, but customer service is virtually nonexistent. Lately I've been given what they term unlimited data. That's deceptive. I typically get about 5 to 10 minutes of data. And then it cuts off. Turn data setting off and have to wait about 15 minutes for it to resume. Comes at a trickle. It will likely take 30 minutes to write this review. Just awful. Thanks for the free phone. Not trying to be ungrateful. At least the phone works and texting. But internet, forget it.

cheryl lyman Buffalo, NY

false advertising.they do not provide free phones nor tablets.you have to buy them

Eric Wullner Cedar Rapids, IA

QLink Wireless, provides LifeLine service to low-income Americans. I'd like to share what I went through so others may benefit from my experience. I would also like to note that QLink is changing its name to Hello Mobile. New name but assuredly the same horrific service. This entire matter started with a simple desire to move my QLink service from the very basic phone that QLink provides to my own phone. The following is what has transpired since I placed an order for a SIM card. On December 20, 2020, I called QLink customer service to inquire about QLink's BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program. Prior to calling, I confirmed that my BYOP phone was compatible with QLink's service. The QLink agent placed the order for the SIM card. On December 21, 2020, the order for the SIM card was processed and the service on my existing phone was terminated. QLink Customer Service NEVER advised that ordering the SIM would terminate my current service. I have lost valuable appointments because attempts to confirm those appointments were to my now terminated cellular number. As of January 8th, I still have not received the SIM card. Since QLink terminated my phone service, I had no way to contact Customer Service. As an alternative, I attempted to communicate with Customer Service via email. NONE of my emails received a response after several days. Even if I had a working cell phone, the wait time to speak with an agent is often in excess of 60 minutes. Desperate to have my phone service restored, I started to investigate QLink to try and find a phone number of someone that could help. I came across a number listed on a Facebook page for Quadrant Holdings. QLink is a subsidiary of Quadrant Holdings. Using the phone number listed, I was able to reach the Executive Assistant to Issa Asad. Mr. Asad is listed as the CEO of QLink. A woman by the name of Lucera (spelling?) answered the phone. She was kind enough to listen to my concerns. She acknowledged my concerns and agreed to investigate. One day later she called to follow up on my concerns to deliver some additional bad news. The SIM card sent wasn't even for my own phone. It was for the phone provided to me by QLink Wireless. Lucera informed me of another problem. The phone that I was told was compatible with QLink's Wireless network turned out to be incompatible with QLink's network. So in the end, all my efforts to move my QLink cellular service to my own phone were a complete waste of time. The only remedy that Lucera could offer was to send me a new QLink phone. After nearly two weeks without phone service, QLink made no effort to expedite the delivery of a replacement phone. Delivery of a new phone was estimated at 7-10 days. The lack of phone service has created many communication problems with health care providers. Why? Because QLink terminated my cellular service with any notification. On December 31, 2020 at 9:09 AM, I received a voicemail from Lucera at an alternative number I provided to QLink with a request to return her call. Of course, I had no way of returning the call using my own phone. The number Lucera provided was the main Customer Service number for QLink. When I called the number Lucera provided and asked to be transferred to her office, I was informed by the agent that he had no idea who she was and he no capability to transfer a phone call. Why would Lucera instruct me to return her call when in fact there was no way to reach her? Later that same same day at 1:06 PM, I received another voicemail from Lucera indicating that because I filed a complaint my service had been canceled. Most companies would take some measures to resolve the numerous failures I experienced. At the mere hint of a complaint, my service was canceled. Upon receipt of that notice, I attempted to move my LifeLine service to another company. My request was rejected because I was informed that I have LifeLine Service through QLink. Good riddance. QLink Wireless is an organization that is grossly incompetent. QLink has consistently failed at every step. The CEO has the audacity to boast about the pillars of excellence to which his companies strive to achieve. There is no excellence.... only incompetence. Issa A, the CEO of QLInks parent company, Quadrant Holdings makes a profit by engaging in predation on low-income Americans

MM , CO

QLink is junk...worthless...inferior network...Every month they slow down internet connection or just have crappy network all together. This has been going on for four consecutive months. They claim to provide 3 gig of free data but as soon as you hit around 0.6 gig, it is slowed down to a crawl. As a test, Browser download indicated 45 mb download would take 2 hours. Never try to apply for job or upload documents using QLink, never. Tech support is worthless, long wait and all is done turn it off...turn it on...take batter out...do a dance...once one of them was smart to reset something that took 24 hrs that did cure the issue but just once and every time I asked for it they refuse to admit it is their miserable setup and not the device. Stay away

Karla T Fayetteville, GA

Terrible Company! They do not provide consistent and true wireless service . The customer service is very bad when you call and try to get help. The representatives place you on hold for a long period of time and then you are transferred to a survey line to complete a survey. They do not provided you with free data service as they promise. You do not have coverage outside of your home. The coverage goes out once you move away from your home address. This service operates like a landline. DO NOT WASTE TIME SIGNING UP WITH Q-LINK. They are getting paid apparently by the government to offer free service and are taking advantage of vulnerable customers who are unemployed and can not afford a phone. CONTACT OTHER WIRELESS COMPANIES FOR BETTER SERVICE. I was suppose to get free service through lifeline since I am unemployed but Q-Link is not providing me with consistent service and I can not use my phone service with them when I leave my home as they promised I could. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

T Reisterstown, MD

Hi well my phone appears to stop working in the midst of it operating every season since March when I was having major issues.. My phone stop working on last Friday which the day before that I went online to use a different phone and to receive a SIM card from them. I received the SIM card and the phone that I wanted to use, one of the employees was telling me that it was not compatible but it was. Any who they deactivated my SIM card and will turn my phone off within 48 hours. Until one week- ten days for me to receive another SIM card. Too much Drama. I really prefered Assurance Wireless over Qlink. Qlink really must be able to adapt to the needs and wants of their customers. Disappointed with their long waiting period. Every senior should have a landline. Which is too expensive for all of us.

Deb Strother

In my opinion Qlink is a very good choice for customers who are low income and are in need of cell phone service. Once service is set up they send you monthly statement. And the cell service is as good as your other service providers. The cell phones that they send are smart phones , but they are not that great.

Bill Cicco Broken Arrow, OK

Whatever the issue/help I may need from Customer/Technical Services, I am always directed to the Web Site for support, despite the fact that the information available may not address the problem. Repeated attempts to convey, by email messaging, that a particular issue is not addressed sufficiently to resolve it, the email response is scripted text, directing me back to the web site that, once again, is insufficient to resolve the problem.

Pat kir East Berlin, PA

The worst of the worst. Has so far taken me 13 hours try to cancel my account. They continually give me a runaround. I have spent two days on this. Stay away. Not even close to being amazing. I had no opportunity it is already listed this way

edwin lugo New York, NY

FREE service COSTS TOO Much! The phone and SMS work great but the LTE is Horrendous more over non existent. The speed test shows a terrible 48KB not even one MB, worse than dial up. Free Unlimited Data is a myth.

Alexis Hamilton Scottsburg, IN

Mobile data quit working after my "monthly refill". Apparently several people are also having this issue. I switched to a newer phone than can handle 5g. That didn't work. I spent all day attempting to resolve the issue with a representative to no avail. If not solved soon, I'll have to find another company.