Q Link Wireless Logo

Q Link Wireless

7.1

LAST UPDATED: February 7th, 2023

Q Link Wireless is a free phone service available exclusively to low-income individuals and families on a government assistance program like SNAP, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs through its Lifeline program. The company offers customers nationwide coverage on both 5G and 4G LTE networks.

AT&T Logo
#4 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data
  • No Annual Contract
  • Keep Your Phone and Number
  • Nationwide Coverage

Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data

Q Link Wireless customers receive a number of benefits when they enroll for the company's Lifeline assistance program:

• Unlimited Texting
  • Unlimited Talk
  • Free Phone Activation and SIM Card
  • No Credit Check
  • Voicemail and 3-Way Calling
  • Access to 10 Million Wifi Hotspots

Q Link Wireless estimates customers can save up up to $599 per year in monthly fees when they sign up for the Lifeline plan.

No Annual Contract

Q LInk Wireless is also one of the few cell phone plan providers to not require its customers to sign up for lengthy, multi-year contracts. Qualifying customers can sign up for or cancel Q Link's free cell phone service at any time.

Keep Your Phone and Number

Q Link Wireless customers can also keep their existing phone and phone number when they enroll in the Lifeline program, regardless of whether they own a flip phone, iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung Galaxy. Customers in need of a smartphone can receive a free Q Link phone.

Nationwide Coverage

Q Link Wireless is actively working to expand its national network. The carrier’s network coverage depends on the area, weather, signal strength, and traffic volumes, but over 97 percent of the geographic United States is covered.

The Bad

Only Available to Qualifying Customers

Q Link Wireless's Lifeline assistance program is only available to qualifying Americans who are currently on a low income or government assistance program:

• SNAP (food stamps)
  • Medicaid
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Social Security Income Assistance

The Bottom Line

Customers living under the Federal Poverty Line may find a reliable cell phone provider in Q Link Wireless. The company offer free cell phone services to more than 2 million qualifying customers across roughly 97 of the country. Customers on government financial aid programs are encouraged to enroll in the Lifeline program.

4.0

Phyllis Keene Seymour, IN

I like everything about Qlink. I've had it for years & it always works. Customer service agents are helpful & polite. Much better than other companies that cost a lot more money & their agents act like they are doing you a favor anytime you ask a question or try to make a purchase. At&t stores are the worst. Over charged, treated poorly unless they're still acting like you aren't there.

Becky Raye CO

Customer service is PHENOMENAL!! we're very impressed with the assistance we have received for setting up BYOP. Any and everyone we have spoken with has been Very friendly and ready to help work through problems, questions, and concerns. It's refreshing..

gar greiner Colorado Springs, CO

We are in the mountains of Colorado and no other cell phone has worked here.the qlink hot pe0er cell phone has wifi so I can get a call or text in my home.and that is great.thanks qlink.in these days of 2 step verification it's important to be able to get these codes sent to a cell phone that actually works where I live.thanks again.no more driving several miles trying to get a signal.no more walking around my property holding the phone up to the sky hope to get service... The Greiners

Cowlitz Rez Longview, WA

I like that this service is reliable as long as you have the right settings and that it is free like in Heaven for qualifying people. The one problem I ran into was that I needed an adjustable knife to open the standard ZTE phone to get the sim card in or out. The Hot Pepper Serrano 3 phone that is sold on the web site is easier to open. I use the Hot Pepper phone now.

Nina Casale Queens, NY

I am grateful for the help at this difficult time. I recently lost both my parents to covid . Relocated back to New York from Florida where they were and I'm struggling to make ends meet so I appreciate cooling for helping me with phone service.

Alethea DeMarco Shreveport, LA

Love the fact it’s free love it helps me so much cause I don’t have the funds to have a cell phone. I hate to complain but you did ask I just don’t have very good or no services at my house. I got to go outside walk around to fine a spot to use the cell phone to call anyone. It gets Frustrating at time especially if it’s important phone call but what can you do it’s free and it’s helping me

Darlene Adams Horseheads, NY

SIM card came quickly. Love the free plan and it works as good as my old plan. I did have a lot of trouble getting my phone number switched over (2 wks). I think it was bc qlink didn’t have the correct SIM card number (I did tell them I switched phones). When a rep at the number transfer place finally realized what the problem was and took the initiative to call qlink the problem was fixed very quickly and the number was transferred.

Darius Myrick Jackson, GA

I like the service that Q Link Wireless provides; but my phone wont text, its to small and I can't see it that good, can my phone be up graded to a newer version, please help by sending me an email, with the suggestions, thanks. Kimberly Myricks

Katherine Warren Charlotte, NC

I ran out of data 2 days before my plan renewed for the next month and have unlimited data, minutes and text. How we run out of data on unlimited plan sure puzzles me but I had to pay $30.00 for more. Then on first of month, what I purchased was deleted and my plan renewed as it does monthly. I'm on disability so my funds are very very below poverty already, so really can't afford paying more for service that was wasted anyways.

April Daves Sacramento, CA

I emailed Qlink over a week ago and still have no answer. That's why only 4 stars. However, recharging went seamlessly, and the website is easy to navigate, so, yes, 4 stars, if they would have answered my email within a week, it would have been 5.

Jermey McKinney Sacramento, CA

I really take advantage of my service it great to be able to reach out to family and friends Thank you and also being able to just leave a call back number for my job search is another benefit I'm afraid we take advantage of. Thanks

Blazeagainburntcold Googelcasereynoldshighwawkr Sacramento, CA

It is a nice reliable Network. Faster speeds on the data than my last phone. Although I had to keep the same phone that I had cuz I couldn't get one through q Link wireless, the service was still good. I would recommend it to other people and have already.

Nicole Stevick

The phones are cheaply made and are very slow . When you call customer service nobody speaks English and it's so hard to understand them. They had promised stuff in the past and I never saw what they promised. Instructions to your promotions are so hard to understand. So I am confused know with the upgrade promotion on top of this page. I thought I already was getting unlimited data, talk and text. Can you please explain to me if I need to do anything Thank you Nicole Stevick

Mark Jones Mabank, TX

The service is great had no problems only thing i like to know is do you offer free upgrade on any phone like Samsung S 22 Galaxy. Other than that I like the service. Be safe God Bless

THOMAS E MACKO Fort Collins, CO

Q link was there when I really need help, Great service The Customer service above the rest the only thing I have a problem with is T-Mobile really bad reception here in Laport CO. but that is the norm in Northern Colorado. Not a Q-link problem.

Georgia Linders La Crosse, WI

It works great when connected to WIFI at home. But the cell tower connection isn't good. I have to stand practically outside in the winter in order for the people on the phone to hear me. It works fine to make calls when I'm at other locations, though.

William Sailor Houston, TX

I like the ease of operating of the phone and tablet Plus the app to keep an eye on my account. When I've had questions they've always been answered in a timely manner I appreciate their customer service

Kelsey Salem, WI

It took MONTHS of waiting and reaching out to customer service for me to finally start receiving unlimited data, which is the plan I was supposed to have all along. Ever since this was corrected I have been very impressed and happy with Q Link Wireless!

Robert Northrop Alexandria, LA

I would just like to say that it come in really handy I just got out of prison I didn't have anything or anyone by having a phone in the tablet it allows me to work on interview applications and to get in touch with people as far as my parole officer and things are such that I needed so thank you

Janette Dorin Middletown, CT

My comment was just erased, so I will repeat it. Why do I have to keep my phone on for the first 10days of the month, if all services are refilled on the phone on the 1st of each month? I don't mind leaving it in for 1 day, but why 10? Sometimes I like to shut it off to get some peace!! I love 💘the free service though, Thank you for that!!!

Ratchet Meister Fort Collins, CO

I like the available phones, and the amount of data allotted each month is just right for me. My only concern, is that my phone calls and text messages might be intercepted by the government.

Shanetria Alaniz Beaumont, TX

If I could rate this GOVERNMENT cellular company no stars or rate it in the negatives I would. This company is so money greedy to its ashamed and shouldn't have any accountability of service. Their top up plans are overated, over charged, and outrageous plus they charge for every single assistant provided. I have been harassed by numerous calls & text and when I asked if I could get my number changed they insisted that I pay $5. There is no grace, exception, or exemption within their policies for customers that very much need assistance neither are there any services rendered for 0 customer satisfactory service & support. Even their review question ask if your a paying customer. SMH All this company want is your money when their supposed to be providers for the low income community. With these type of procedures it won't be long before all their competitors take all their business. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND GOING ELSE WHERE BEFORE CONSIDERING THEIR BUSINESS.

Darren Bateman Los Angeles, CA

So far everything has gone fine I hope things work out with q Link because I haven't had that great of an experience with the free phone so far but everything looks good to me

Sonia Pitambar San Francisco, CA

Qlink is awesome real easy to apply to and super convenient. Just found out about the perks so I will enjoy them while they last. Thank you for making my experience with QLink affordable.

Betty J Mesquite, NV

I lost service for awhile and when I called to fi it the person I talked to could not understand me and I could not understand them. After awhile I decided to take the sim card out and put it back in and now it works.

Kim Whaley Dalton, GA

Works great so far..but having trouble with the secound phone i bought...doesn't seem to work as well as far as functions of the phone.a gliztz somewhere...

pat spaulding Chester, VT

SEEVICE IS SPOTTY . AND I WAS . SUPPOSED TO GET A NEW PHONE AND A TABLET .AS IM LEGALLY BLIND AND A TOUCH SCREEN TABLET WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL W THIS . GREAT ALL AROUND SERVICE . . .

deanna spencer Rochester, NH

I like how easy it was to get accepted,the service is great everywhere I go happy to have this opportunity to have free phone usage. And have great service all around. Thank you.

Breanna Rae Scott City, MO

I like that I don’t have to worry about finding Wi-Fi or going to the library to get internet or have to ask to use anyone’s phone if I need to call someone.

cancer women Charlotte, NC

Its my 3rd time having yall service and every time yall disconnect my service for whatever reason...take away my number. I will appreciate it if they email me or send a text to let me know. Because I cant never get it back. Very disappointing I have to change my phone eveytime. Other then that I appreciate yall service.

Brenda Carter Chicago, IL

I loved that I was able to used my own phone I recently bought. The fact that I was able to use iPhone 12 with QLINK and enjoy the same functionality is a blessing.. B.C From Chicago

Kimberly Keith Charlestown, IN

I love and need the Q link service definitely! It assures me that in case my sugar drops to low I can call for help! I really do appreciate Q link service very much! Thank you!

Manuel Jimenez Philadelphia, PA

I want thank you for bringing this into my life. I feel so much safer with it. The videos on YouTube were very help because I had trouble understanding the guide and reading the the tiny print.

Ron R Austin, MN

Hi this is Ron what I do like they all football but then when you look back I don't have no phone haven't heard the phone but you almost 2 months and I've been telling me to keep sending me SIM cards but what can I do with SIM card without a phone I'm trying to get a tablet but I was told by wireless call wireless they say you going to get one either the phone or the tablet I told him I can't take the tablet and make calls on it the tablet is made for the internet and movies it states that so somebody I don't know it's just everything is messed up screwed up this place is I can't get no help a little more I try to backwards I go so I don't know what's going on new employees and not following the guidelines it's crazy

F.D. hunter Athens, OH

GOOD COMPANY.......Good email,good calls,good texting, services some places yes..some places no signal at all unfortunately like my home town..( in my hometown no signal). ..I relies that you can alwasy what you want and it give an take. NO one company is perfect. Theirs always room for important especially in technology....for that I give four stars ✨...i am satisfied .....I am sure I you will be a excellent company.I will be a greatly satisfied in the future..Thank You. A appreciated customer!

Sadie J Bainbridge, GA

Thankful the availability to have access to a service whereas of date have not dropped a call. There is on downfall, when the tablets that are sent out don't work, you are told that they are not replaceable. It took 7 months to receive it and 14 months to talk to someone about it. Which was to no avail. Have a tablet that is of no use is to have one not at all. Therefore, the phone service is good but there is still work to be done on the tablet issue.

Patricia Purves Houston, TX

I enjoying everything that it comes with.. I have never received my tablet still I hadn't written an email about my phone being broken and needing a replacement I brought my own phone to it but my phone is so broken now and I need a replacement and still never received the tablet either and it keeps telling me to hook up to unlimited everything and every time I try to it says my order has been processed and that was 6 months ago I'm still waiting on a tablet and I'm still waiting on an email reply to my broken phone . I take care of my doctor's visit to my doctor's appointment says schedule everything everything is good those are my only two little problems that's it but overall q Link is amazing they're great

Wendy Rivers Vicksburg, MS

I truly appreciate Qlink for accepting me. I am disabled and can't afford a phone bill. That doesn't mean I have to accept being treated rudely and inconsiderately. After being with another provider for a good while, I began to be treated that way. All along being told I was a valued customer. Qlink accepted my application and I haven't had any problems to speak of. I have elderly parents that aren't in the best of health and need a reliable phone and service. Qlink has provided that, unlike the other company. The only issue may be that customer service never got back to me in response to a message I sent. Otherwise they've been helpful.Thank you Qlink

Andy Wallace Charlotte, NC

Its hard to complain when you provide free service and phones, but the Serano phone I chose is lacking in sound and picture quality. The phone seems to shutdown numerous times in the day and freezes up in which I have to take the battery to restart it. I paid for phone and received the Q Link tablet which is awesome! No issues with it and I'm glad I got it. I know I got the base model Serano Pepper phone, but I hope I can contact Q Link for a phone upgrade . Outside of the phone, your coverage is excellent and the tablet is very nice. I am very thankful for your service because I live on a fixed disability income. Thanks, Andrew Wallace

Elaine Silva Honolulu, HI

I enjoy everything that I have except for a few minor issues with phone reception while driving and a little bit slow on internet , it’s all good! Thank you!

Ruben morales

The service is really great. Connections are fast and easy also the text messages go out fast with easy to type key board.

Ann Allen TX

Easy, quick and fast. Very reliable. Customer assistance was nice and knowledgeable and very informative. Overall, a good company to use.

Liz Lozado The Bronx, NY

Serves its purpose in all wireless functions. Thank You, I Appreciate the service. Hard to be able to afford cell phone service with these times.

Michelle Escamilla Miami, FL

Great service no need to pay bill u will get a sim card and u put it into ur cell u have laying around and it work great

Delphine Short Houma, LA

I love QLINK Wireless, but my phone is slow and it always freezes on me, my calls drop. when I'm viewing a page it will shut me out. What could be the problem?

S. Malone Columbus, OH

I like having the free telephone (and 90% price-reduced) tablet. I do not like the fact that they function slowly. The Scepter 8 tablet is very slow..

Gina Norman Little Rock, AR

The program is great I enjoy it thank you for the services I hope you keep on allowing us to be a customer thank you again

P. Paxson La Porte, IN

Using the T-Mobile network in my area really sucks. I also am not in a rural area and the service is still slow and very spotty. My phone is only capable of LTE and I understand the speed limitations but it clocks in so far below other competitors I can barely keep a connection. If I didn’t have home wi-fi the phone would be next. To impossible to use. Additionally, I am supposed to be able to use my phone as a hot spot for internet access when I’m not at home and no matter where I am or what device I use I am unable to use this service.

Moises Jesus Lancaster, OH

I Am Very Grateful For The Phone Service. However. Their Is Still Room For Imprvoement . Especially, On Days When We Have Poor Calling.

Amber Gagnon Sioux City, IA

I like that the service is wildly available to people who cannot afford it and need a cell phone for emergency. I wish they offered free phones and unlimited everything!