Q Link Wireless Logo

Q Link Wireless

2.3

Q Link Wireless is a free phone service available exclusively to low-income individuals and families on a government assistance program like SNAP, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs through its Lifeline program. The company offers customers nationwide coverage on both 5G and 4G LTE networks.

T-Mobile Logo
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data
  • No Annual Contract
  • Keep Your Phone and Number
  • Nationwide Coverage

Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data

Q Link Wireless customers receive a number of benefits when they enroll for the company's Lifeline assistance program:

• Unlimited Texting
  • Unlimited Talk
  • Free Phone Activation and SIM Card
  • No Credit Check
  • Voicemail and 3-Way Calling
  • Access to 10 Million Wifi Hotspots

Q Link Wireless estimates customers can save up up to $599 per year in monthly fees when they sign up for the Lifeline plan.

No Annual Contract

Q LInk Wireless is also one of the few cell phone plan providers to not require its customers to sign up for lengthy, multi-year contracts. Qualifying customers can sign up for or cancel Q Link's free cell phone service at any time.

Keep Your Phone and Number

Q Link Wireless customers can also keep their existing phone and phone number when they enroll in the Lifeline program, regardless of whether they own a flip phone, iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung Galaxy. Customers in need of a smartphone can receive a free Q Link phone.

Nationwide Coverage

Q Link Wireless is actively working to expand its national network. The carrier’s network coverage depends on the area, weather, signal strength, and traffic volumes, but over 97 percent of the geographic United States is covered.

The Bad

Only Available to Qualifying Customers

Q Link Wireless's Lifeline assistance program is only available to qualifying Americans who are currently on a low income or government assistance program:

• SNAP (food stamps)
  • Medicaid
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Social Security Income Assistance

The Bottom Line

Customers living under the Federal Poverty Line may find a reliable cell phone provider in Q Link Wireless. The company offer free cell phone services to more than 2 million qualifying customers across roughly 97 of the country. Customers on government financial aid programs are encouraged to enroll in the Lifeline program.

1.7

John Johnston Signal Mountain, TN

I have been with Q Link about 3 years as I am in a nursing home and living in nursing home makes you poor. I can't believe all these negative reviews. This service has been a gift from God to me. Without this program I wouldn't have a phone. So I have been saving for a new phone so when I got this new sim I went ahead and got it. When I looked at how to activate it I did not understand the reset part so I called in and had a tech on the line in 5 minutes. He was so nice and helpful and he asked me some questions about my phone and then he had me call a number that is on the card under the word activation. I called it was automated and it asked me a couple questions and then it activated it for me. Much easier then going into your phone and resetting the carrier. So I love the service of Q Link and I am having fun playing with my new phone. I will check back here and if anyone wants to ask me any questions about how I set up my phone leave me a message. My name is John and I want to thank Q Link for helping me, living in a nursing home, to be able to have a cell phone.

Matthew Grier Beaver Falls, PA

The service is actually not bad, as it works on the t-mobile network. The phone they provide is about as basic as it gets, but I mean come on people, it's FREE. My advice is to just take what you get and appreciate it. If you want something better then go out and pay for it. Me ima use the hell outta this free phone!! Thank you Qlink.

20 hours ago

Digitalis Etherium Sacramento, CA

Absolutely terrible. They run a throttle lottery. One month you may have good service. The next .5 Mbps if you are lucky. Spent 3 hours on hold to contact customer service and was at 39 minutes remaining the entire time. Do yourself a favor. Get Visible. It’s amazing service on Verizon towers and it runs 25/mo on Party Pay. Right now they have a code you can add at checkout 3for20 which gets you your first 3 months at 20 dollars. I just switched back to them. I never should have left. Even for free. Goodbye forever QLink!

Paul D. Lubbock, TX

QLink sent a 5G upgrade sim card for my Lifeline smart phone they sent me because I'm on SSI Disability. Once installed it states "Invalid SIM Card" on screen. I put the old card back in to be able to call. I called many times, got put on hold many hours (236 minutes once), finally the tech girl said they would update in a few days. They updated the phone to NOT work any more. Now, I have no service at all. This has got to be the most incompetent 'company' I have ever known. I filed a complaint with the FCC since our government pays these morons to provide service. Stay away from QLink. Run away.

barrientes Tempe, AZ

Actually my phone was working fine until they forced me to upgrade to the 5G network now the phone does not work at all. I got the new SIM card and have spent so far 12 hours either on hold or talking to non-helpful people. Still does not work. Now the old SIM card does not work either. Currently on hold going into the 3 hour this time around as I type this. I am on Hospice and terminal. I need this phone fixed. They promised me a new tablet for upgrading. I better get it after all this crap. I may just order new phone and hope it comes with the 5 G. They say the 4 G will not work after April.

Jeffrey Hoshour ,

I don't even want to give a 1 star review, this company is paid by the United States government to provide service for low income individuals. So, with a signed contract with the government, they get paid an exorbitant amount of money to provide services to the people and they take that money and screw the people. Im supposedly on a no limit data plan and I only receive about 1M of data and the connection cuts off and resets. I was told by customer service that it's actually only 3G of high speed data and after that it is throttled. NOT ONE TIME HAVE I GOTTEN 3G OF CONTINUOUS HIGH SPEED DATA. I recently needed more data so I would not lose my connection, so I purchased the $60 UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA BUNDLE, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, I'M GETTING THE SAME CRAP! Being on a very low fixed income, the loss of that $60 was a HUGE loss. We need to figure out how to turn these crooks into the agency that is paying these extortionists! This is unacceptable, maybe in Pakistan/India, or wherever this company is based out of its acceptable, but not here!

Mary Baker Springdale, AR

I have had this service around 3 years, then they wanted me to upgrade to 5G sim card. Well, okay, if they think I need to and can, why not? I get the card, and it says it's invalid even after going through all their "technical support on the phone which is not human or helpful for problems or questions", it would not update and it switched my number over to it even though I did not want that yet. I still got ZERO G and it still says it's an invalid card. I can't get any one to answer their phone to send a new sim card or to help switch me back to my old sim card and not sure if I messed it up to do that. The Facebook Qlink people should be fired for ghosting everyone that asks for help then ignoring them and deleting them like they do. It must be nice drawing a pay check off of impoverished sick elderly people and screw around with them too for fun like that. People are so mean and cruel these days and should not be in those types of positions to do that. NONE of their phones are capable of using 5G so BEWARE! You'd have to already have a 5G phone, and they are super expensive, and we wouldn't have the money for it, so this offer from them is a SCAM. It messed up on me; it probably will mess up on you too. Their lines are flooded with angry people with this problem, and that's why their record is slurring and stuttering and lagging so badly that it is nearly impossible at times to understand what it is trying to communicate.

edwin lugo New York, NY

FREE service COSTS TOO Much! The phone and SMS work great but the LTE is Horrendous more over non existent. The speed test shows a terrible 48KB not even one MB, worse than dial up. Free Unlimited Data is a myth.

Alexis Hamilton Scottsburg, IN

Mobile data quit working after my "monthly refill". Apparently several people are also having this issue. I switched to a newer phone than can handle 5g. That didn't work. I spent all day attempting to resolve the issue with a representative to no avail. If not solved soon, I'll have to find another company.

Negan Anderson, SC

For everyone that is complaining about these free phones. ITS FREE , you don't have to buy data or minutes in fact imagine this is a phone from 1995 , no internet just use it for short basic texts and to actually talk on. You won't be able to use facebook or other apps since it's a dumb smart phone. It's just BASIC people , stop expecting premium service.

Jack P Davis Jr. Louisville, KY

I have not received an email from you. Qlink wireless, I can't make out calls or texts. They shut down my phone after I gave them my phone number. I filed BBB

Craig Bialy Mandeville, LA

This company is a joke. The service is AWFUL. And good luck with trying to reach their "customer service" They are are jut ripping people off. Run & be aware of this company.

Karl Lafler Washington, DC

Not really wanting to complain about free phone service, but customer service is virtually nonexistent. Lately I've been given what they term unlimited data. That's deceptive. I typically get about 5 to 10 minutes of data. And then it cuts off. Turn data setting off and have to wait about 15 minutes for it to resume. Comes at a trickle. It will likely take 30 minutes to write this review. Just awful. Thanks for the free phone. Not trying to be ungrateful. At least the phone works and texting. But internet, forget it.

MM , CO

QLink is junk...worthless...inferior network...Every month they slow down internet connection or just have crappy network all together. This has been going on for four consecutive months. They claim to provide 3 gig of free data but as soon as you hit around 0.6 gig, it is slowed down to a crawl. As a test, Browser download indicated 45 mb download would take 2 hours. Never try to apply for job or upload documents using QLink, never. Tech support is worthless, long wait and all is done turn it off...turn it on...take batter out...do a dance...once one of them was smart to reset something that took 24 hrs that did cure the issue but just once and every time I asked for it they refuse to admit it is their miserable setup and not the device. Stay away

Karla T Fayetteville, GA

Terrible Company! They do not provide consistent and true wireless service . The customer service is very bad when you call and try to get help. The representatives place you on hold for a long period of time and then you are transferred to a survey line to complete a survey. They do not provided you with free data service as they promise. You do not have coverage outside of your home. The coverage goes out once you move away from your home address. This service operates like a landline. DO NOT WASTE TIME SIGNING UP WITH Q-LINK. They are getting paid apparently by the government to offer free service and are taking advantage of vulnerable customers who are unemployed and can not afford a phone. CONTACT OTHER WIRELESS COMPANIES FOR BETTER SERVICE. I was suppose to get free service through lifeline since I am unemployed but Q-Link is not providing me with consistent service and I can not use my phone service with them when I leave my home as they promised I could. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

T Reisterstown, MD

Hi well my phone appears to stop working in the midst of it operating every season since March when I was having major issues.. My phone stop working on last Friday which the day before that I went online to use a different phone and to receive a SIM card from them. I received the SIM card and the phone that I wanted to use, one of the employees was telling me that it was not compatible but it was. Any who they deactivated my SIM card and will turn my phone off within 48 hours. Until one week- ten days for me to receive another SIM card. Too much Drama. I really prefered Assurance Wireless over Qlink. Qlink really must be able to adapt to the needs and wants of their customers. Disappointed with their long waiting period. Every senior should have a landline. Which is too expensive for all of us.

Erica Chaney Laughbaum Akron, OH

Do not use this company for a free service. They have no customer relations and tech support doesn't call back and drops your call

Doug morrow ,

This is my second go with link. I hated the android they provided so I acquired an iPhone this time which they said was compatible but became incompatible. I tried another iPhone and a LG android phone that was not locked but no good. I think they want people to purchase one of thier crappy devices. BOTTOM LINE.... QLink sux along with safe link and life wireless and all the other ragheads

Jessie D Pittsburgh, PA

I bought the $30 unlimited data, and minutes on Dec 21, 2020 . They stopped my unlimited data service for high data usage on Jan 3, 2021... when I bought unlimited data.. how does that work.. I'm never coming back to that again..

Robert Rowley Tucson, AZ

I've been approved for some time now and am trying to move my service from SafeLink to QLink as SafeLink has me paying for service. I've tried over and over to find out when QLink is going to send me a sim so that I can eat rather than buy airtime and yet QLink refuses to answer. I've been trying to get this sim or an answer for over a month. If this is typical of QLink "service" I would warn users to stay away.

Ramon Omari Honolulu, HI

Qlink provides a good service with its Lifeline program. However, Qlink has terrible customer service, they over charge for replacement phones, and they knowingly (allegedly) give false device specs on their website. I ordered a replacement phone and they moved my service to that phone and then proceeded not to send it to me. The whole story is more frustrating than that. For instance; when I received the phone, it was a refurbished model and not a new phone. I filed a dispute with my card company and a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The result was I got to keep the phone I told them not to send after their severe ineptitude to attend the very simple situation; and I got my money back. My advice: don't ever buy a phone from the Qlink website and if you do, confirm that they don't move your service to the new phone until after it has been received.

J.MITOSA Chalmette, LA

NOT GOOD! Their left hand doesn't have a clue what their right hand is doing at that company. Fill out the application ,sent in all the required paperwork and wait,wait,and wait. Then your status says approved but nothing happens, so good luck trying to contact them by phone to see what 's wrong with the status of your account. If your lucky and can get through the automated complex answering system menu you may get lucky and finally get a operator which may not be of any help because you have a hard time understanding what they are saying in broken English. EMAILING THEM? Forget that! You keep getting a standard reply letter which tells you nothing. Bottom line the headaches to use their services is not worth it.

turner2001 Santa Clara, CA

The Qlink furnished ZTE phone has a plastic touch screen and this should be avoided at all costs. Plastic touch screens can easily become inoperative when exposed to dirt and various solvents. My ZTE phone's touch screen completely malfunctioned and nothing could restore it. I was so upset that I took a hammer and smashed the phone to pieces! I went to AT & T and they explained that cheap phones have cheap plastic touch screens. High end phones like iPhone have glass touch screens and work so much better. Qlink wireless gave me about 10 GB for a hotspot. However, after every few hundred MBs, they stopped my service and requested that I add more data, even though I had several more GBs of data. They told me to reset my phone, but the problem never went away. When calling people, they often tell me that my voice fades in and out. This upsets me and the people I talk with. Customer service is lousy - I often can't speak to someone in customer service, and when I do, it's a foreigner that I can't really understand. Conclusion: QLINK WIRELESS BASICALLY STINKS!

Deb Strother

In my opinion Qlink is a very good choice for customers who are low income and are in need of cell phone service. Once service is set up they send you monthly statement. And the cell service is as good as your other service providers. The cell phones that they send are smart phones , but they are not that great.

Bill Cicco Broken Arrow, OK

Whatever the issue/help I may need from Customer/Technical Services, I am always directed to the Web Site for support, despite the fact that the information available may not address the problem. Repeated attempts to convey, by email messaging, that a particular issue is not addressed sufficiently to resolve it, the email response is scripted text, directing me back to the web site that, once again, is insufficient to resolve the problem.

adamS102 Collingswood, NJ

Once I got my phone set up, service has been great on tmobile signal

Gina Cooper Prairieville, LA

RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!! WHEN I ENROLLED IN AUTO REFILL TO SAVE 5.00 A MONTH AND TOOK A SCREENSHOT TO MAKE SURE I DID THEY STILL CHARGED ME 30.00 AND WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT TO GET THIS FIXED I COULD BARELY UNDERSTAND THE LADY AND SHE WAS RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!

Eric Wullner Cedar Rapids, IA

QLink Wireless, provides LifeLine service to low-income Americans. I'd like to share what I went through so others may benefit from my experience. I would also like to note that QLink is changing its name to Hello Mobile. New name but assuredly the same horrific service. This entire matter started with a simple desire to move my QLink service from the very basic phone that QLink provides to my own phone. The following is what has transpired since I placed an order for a SIM card. On December 20, 2020, I called QLink customer service to inquire about QLink's BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program. Prior to calling, I confirmed that my BYOP phone was compatible with QLink's service. The QLink agent placed the order for the SIM card. On December 21, 2020, the order for the SIM card was processed and the service on my existing phone was terminated. QLink Customer Service NEVER advised that ordering the SIM would terminate my current service. I have lost valuable appointments because attempts to confirm those appointments were to my now terminated cellular number. As of January 8th, I still have not received the SIM card. Since QLink terminated my phone service, I had no way to contact Customer Service. As an alternative, I attempted to communicate with Customer Service via email. NONE of my emails received a response after several days. Even if I had a working cell phone, the wait time to speak with an agent is often in excess of 60 minutes. Desperate to have my phone service restored, I started to investigate QLink to try and find a phone number of someone that could help. I came across a number listed on a Facebook page for Quadrant Holdings. QLink is a subsidiary of Quadrant Holdings. Using the phone number listed, I was able to reach the Executive Assistant to Issa Asad. Mr. Asad is listed as the CEO of QLink. A woman by the name of Lucera (spelling?) answered the phone. She was kind enough to listen to my concerns. She acknowledged my concerns and agreed to investigate. One day later she called to follow up on my concerns to deliver some additional bad news. The SIM card sent wasn't even for my own phone. It was for the phone provided to me by QLink Wireless. Lucera informed me of another problem. The phone that I was told was compatible with QLink's Wireless network turned out to be incompatible with QLink's network. So in the end, all my efforts to move my QLink cellular service to my own phone were a complete waste of time. The only remedy that Lucera could offer was to send me a new QLink phone. After nearly two weeks without phone service, QLink made no effort to expedite the delivery of a replacement phone. Delivery of a new phone was estimated at 7-10 days. The lack of phone service has created many communication problems with health care providers. Why? Because QLink terminated my cellular service with any notification. On December 31, 2020 at 9:09 AM, I received a voicemail from Lucera at an alternative number I provided to QLink with a request to return her call. Of course, I had no way of returning the call using my own phone. The number Lucera provided was the main Customer Service number for QLink. When I called the number Lucera provided and asked to be transferred to her office, I was informed by the agent that he had no idea who she was and he no capability to transfer a phone call. Why would Lucera instruct me to return her call when in fact there was no way to reach her? Later that same same day at 1:06 PM, I received another voicemail from Lucera indicating that because I filed a complaint my service had been canceled. Most companies would take some measures to resolve the numerous failures I experienced. At the mere hint of a complaint, my service was canceled. Upon receipt of that notice, I attempted to move my LifeLine service to another company. My request was rejected because I was informed that I have LifeLine Service through QLink. Good riddance. QLink Wireless is an organization that is grossly incompetent. QLink has consistently failed at every step. The CEO has the audacity to boast about the pillars of excellence to which his companies strive to achieve. There is no excellence.... only incompetence. Issa A, the CEO of QLInks parent company, Quadrant Holdings makes a profit by engaging in predation on low-income Americans

G C Woonsocket, RI

My experience with Q link so far has been poor...i mean really bad. I dont even yet have the phone they provide because i recently applied, but it was impossible to get thru to customer service by phone. It took over an hour to muddle thru the application process. The web site just kept looping back to screens i had already completed...which is why i tried calling. Was unable to upload the documents required via the website. I am switching from Assurance Wireless because of dissatisfaction....which i used after dissatisfaction with Cintex. Seems all these Lifeline providers provide poor customer service and poor quality phone service. Another govt program being abused by corporate America!

anthony Oshkosh, WI

i applied for phone service and you sent me a HORRIBLE little crappy smart phone !!!! (SUPER CHEAP!) so i had to go by a NEW phone since my my really nice expensive phone that i got for my birthday wasn't compatible with YOUR service. After going around on the internet to find out what cellphones you accept., i buy one , call you so i can up grade, you tell me by email my phone is compatible and you have shipped a SIM card to my address for my new phone. great ! NOT !!!! ITS BEEN 8 DAYS ! oh BTW? you cut off my phone service the day after i applied for the upgrade !!! some life line !!! pft ! today the sim card was suppost to be delivered via UPS ???? I called them wondering where my package is ? the said they sent it to my local post office and i should get my sim card in 1-3 days !? i dont understand why you cut my service since i DONT have a sim card in hand yet?? also what really has me pissed to the hilt is trying to get in touch with a REAL, ACTUAL person , if that is even possible ! for this hassle and EXTRA cost , i could have stayed with boost for cheap. its gonna take me 2 years to recoup my investment in a new phone just to use your service.

Ken5336

Horrible period data way too slow to even surf the internet

janet stone Hot Springs, AR

I signed up under a program that included a 'free' smart phone. I rec'd an e-mail saying minutes have been added on 1st about 2 months after I applied, but no phone. 3wks later I call in response to email I must recert or lose my phone service. I call and am told I must purchase a phone or bring my own. NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR. ASKED TO SPEAK WITHSUPERVISOR NVER PICKED UP BUT THE EXPECTED WAIT TIME KEEP GOING UP FROM 14 TO17 TO 24 MIN ETC AS I WAITED!!!

Paul Houston, TX

Phone wont work with many apps...second level supervisor said there is nobody above to complain to...So far 5 days without service..still waiting for sim card.

Falecia Waddell Irving, TX

Very Good Customer Service, Unbelievable Prices, And Great Quality Phones.

Pat kir East Berlin, PA

The worst of the worst. Has so far taken me 13 hours try to cancel my account. They continually give me a runaround. I have spent two days on this. Stay away. Not even close to being amazing. I had no opportunity it is already listed this way

Tricia Laratta Akron, OH

Qlink is a great goverment phone and great service and easy to add more funds from the website