Q Link Wireless Logo

Q Link Wireless

6.8

LAST UPDATED: July 1st, 2022

Q Link Wireless is a free phone service available exclusively to low-income individuals and families on a government assistance program like SNAP, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs through its Lifeline program. The company offers customers nationwide coverage on both 5G and 4G LTE networks.

The Good

• Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data
  • No Annual Contract
  • Keep Your Phone and Number
  • Nationwide Coverage

Free Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data

Q Link Wireless customers receive a number of benefits when they enroll for the company's Lifeline assistance program:

• Unlimited Texting
  • Unlimited Talk
  • Free Phone Activation and SIM Card
  • No Credit Check
  • Voicemail and 3-Way Calling
  • Access to 10 Million Wifi Hotspots

Q Link Wireless estimates customers can save up up to $599 per year in monthly fees when they sign up for the Lifeline plan.

No Annual Contract

Q LInk Wireless is also one of the few cell phone plan providers to not require its customers to sign up for lengthy, multi-year contracts. Qualifying customers can sign up for or cancel Q Link's free cell phone service at any time.

Keep Your Phone and Number

Q Link Wireless customers can also keep their existing phone and phone number when they enroll in the Lifeline program, regardless of whether they own a flip phone, iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung Galaxy. Customers in need of a smartphone can receive a free Q Link phone.

Nationwide Coverage

Q Link Wireless is actively working to expand its national network. The carrier’s network coverage depends on the area, weather, signal strength, and traffic volumes, but over 97 percent of the geographic United States is covered.

The Bad

Only Available to Qualifying Customers

Q Link Wireless's Lifeline assistance program is only available to qualifying Americans who are currently on a low income or government assistance program:

• SNAP (food stamps)
  • Medicaid
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Social Security Income Assistance

The Bottom Line

Customers living under the Federal Poverty Line may find a reliable cell phone provider in Q Link Wireless. The company offer free cell phone services to more than 2 million qualifying customers across roughly 97 of the country. Customers on government financial aid programs are encouraged to enroll in the Lifeline program.

3.9

Ryan R. Jacksonville, FL

My area may not have a tower located close-by, as incoming calls are spotty while I can make outgoing calls. Mobile data may be related to same issue, as I get no data service whatsoever where I live plus I was not able to make use of data while I was in an area with full bars. I've contacted QLink Wireless for assistance, but no resolution for the issue, so I'll be contacting them again :)

diana buckhalt Fleming Island, FL

I have had a few times where phone data has been spotty and times where it's been slow, but overall my service is OK. I however, have purchased 2 hot pepper phones and I have had trouble with the both of my phones the first phone I purchased was the Chili Pepper that was a problematic dropped calls and reception issues were horrible, didn't have it long and bought a replacement phone, I got a Sarono witch it's a cheaper phone and I do have some issues but I have managed with it.

Ms C Leawood, KS

I'm pleased with service. I totally wish phones were more affordable. Thank you for unlimited services. We just need good phones that are affordable. I consider myself a paying customer as I had to pay you for a quality phone, expensive for low income.

Diana Curran Wilmington, MA

Love it, switched to QLink from Verizon wireless that I was paying $60 per month for and didn’t know I qualified for this as I work but I applied for food stamps and I got approved— they raised the limits so try again if you got denied before. I qualified for $75 per month as I work but heck it will help. That alone qualified me so even if you work full time you may qualify for a free cell phone. I am so glad I did as I am saving $60 per month. They use T-Mobile network and I have not had any issues at all. I use my phone a lot and I am loving being able to keep my data on I used to keep my data off and connect to WiFi all now u still connect when I can but don’t have to worry about having data in my car anymore.

Patti52 Davis Appleton, WI

Good plan for my income, get basic needs,with more than enough minutes and texts. When have issues it's easy to contact somebody to help fix, they have other types of phones you can purchase when need to,at a reasonable price 🤔

Tonya Davis McGehee, AR

My experience has been good except that I need a new phone and I will have to purchase one because so many have abused or lied about losing their phone or one thing or another. I am good with this I just have to work a little harder to replace my phone so I can continue to stay in contact with my children's school and look for work.

Ken Sylvester Sparta, WI

I'm just glad I had a cellphone & service Cuz I had a flat tire & needed roadside service, being a disabled paraplegic, I couldn't change it myself, Thank God for your service!

Phillip B Philadelphia, PA

Little benefit plan was pretty good however it said unlimited talk text and data but I don't believe it's unlimited data because the last two days I didn't have no data and I didn't bother to call the company and ask why when it was supposed to be unlimited.

Brittany Gould Augusta, ME

I have really enjoyed the service from qlink so far, even though I don’t always have service within my area. It has been a huge relief for me to have the opportunity to get help while I’m struggling financially and be able to travel without worrying.

Thomas Myrick Pittsfield, ME

Qlink is good but I am in a rural area and with family where coverage is not around so strongly consider going back to pay for the cell which does but not until the budget is better. but where I am service is great. but due to where my GF family is it is a major FAIL.

John Dexter 406 Seattle, WA

So far so good, thanks for the sim card with a year of paid service! and all the unlimited features also very much happy with a local 406 area code. It's been a good few months without having any issues or anything. It's also amazing how I can get service refilled within 24 hours of the service plan ending.

Paybacksabish Kkkk Snow Hill, NC

My experience with Q-link wierless has been pretty good! I had my doubts at first based off some of the reviews I had read. 😬 But I decided to give them a shot anyway, and boy am I happy I did! *Ok rewind a little* So before Q-link I had verizon wierless, they are just to darn exspinsive, I mean who wants to pay that kind of money? Not me! I mean at one point they had me paying like $20 bucks for adding 3 extra gigs of data when I run out! That's ridiculous! Especially, when companies like Q-link are offering the same thing, but for cheaper? And well, being a single mom I have to save and cut cost when possible and Qlink has allowed me to do just that! I'm saving a TON in my phone bill department now!I honestly can not even tell that I switched, the cell coverage is just as good (if not better), but don't take my word for it, head over to their site and check it out for yourself! You won't be disappointed! Just be sure to check out the coverage in your area first!

Dodie Watts Roanoke, VA

I have had a few issues with the phone and text cutting me off..I simply chalk it up to getting to know each other.(the ph and I) it hasn't been anything I can't live with.thank you

Monica Lashaun Valley View, OH

I have no complaints. Qlink has many ways to allow communication. Misplaced my phone but was able to keep my service due to hitting link on email..lifesaver👍

Penny Cokely Hallstead, PA

I love that I don't have to pay for minutes but when I signed up I was promised a tablet and I have not received it or heard anything about it. So could you please let me know what happened to that deal. Thanks penny cokely

Nira Smoot Toledo, OH

I like Q link is a great company th ey get stuff done I like the service that they give you and it don't cost you anything thank you sincerely Nora Smoot 💜

James Woody Dorchester, MA

The service is good, but communication with qlink reps is TERRIBLE... I'VE LITERALLY GOT TO CONNECT MY PHONE TO A PC IN ORDER TO READ ANYTHING ON MY Pixel 3 , I'M SICK WITH SEVERAL LIFE THREATENING illnesses and not working, so a new phone is not in the foreseeable future....

Emma Morgan Minneapolis, MN

Qlink is a good service button the phones they offer for free or replacement for $19.99 are horrible . When I want to upgrade they say it not available in my area so I am stuck buying the horrible phone . I would like to be able to upgrade to a better phone. But the service is great as far as the internet and call quality I have no complaints for that part of Qlink's service .

Khadijah Ahmed Bethlehem, PA

Qlink is a great wireless service to have for unlimited talk, text and internet! You can bring your own phone and also get a tablet that is very nice. I am enjoying my service with Qlink it’s great! The only thing I was displeased with was I had to buy a phone but other than that it’s a great wireless company!

DeAndra Portland, OR

I want to rate all 5 because the service is as good as any other service that I've had to pay for. I have never had any issues. But I signed up for the program that promises a free tablet months and months and months ago, but have never received the tablet or heard anything more about it. And it is literally impossible to ever talk to a customer service person. They just never respond to any emails or messages at all. So that's incredibly frustrating and I don't know what I'd do if I ever needed to reach them for something else if I can't reach them for that. I would love to just know if the tablet is really ever coming or not!!

Carlito Wayz New York, NY

In the beginning of my service with Qlink was not much of satisfaction but I believe it was from my part of fault due to receiving personal negative news which had nothing to do with Qlinks representing its service so overall I could say that they are very great from their signals, their call rating which I never had any issue with, their staff are good. And also their devices sold are at a great price. I recommend Qlink to any in search of a phone plan that is beneficial to them . And I can most guarantee that as a customer they will be appreciated with their service. Plus the phone that is at their possession can be used , and the phone number can still have or change, and the best of all their is no phone bill for an entire year. From a satistisfactioned customer ANDY D ....

Aimee Wilcox Dallas, TX

Q-link has had pretty much the same coverage as the other National brands I have used. I was a long time customer for nearly 20 years to a major cell phone provider. Never late. Paid every month, until COVID. I called to speak with them. Explained I had lost my job, I just needed a little more time. Nothing. They “couldn’t” work with me at all the rep said. I was flabbergasted. The next few months as I struggled I started using the monthly plan phones lines. From one month to the next I had to change my number countless times because a friend here or there had a phone I could borrow a couple of weeks at a time. I struggled finding a job because the number I put on one resume wasn’t guaranteed to be my number the following week. Abs then I found Q-link. There to help me through this time of struggle I had found myself in and not only that but there with really good coverage as well. The only thing I can complain alot is obviously I’m not working so like a phone I struggled paying internet was an issue to, so I needed more internet work out being throttled. However, I still got internet so other than by mid month I was getting throttled, I still had internet and am grateful. So when that is still a huge blessing and not a negative, just felt like I should keep it real I guess.

Melody Rowe Charlotte, NC

I rated good due to not having cell service in rural areas. Other then that qlink is great. It would be nice to have service everywhere in case of an emergency.

Jason Gingras Rockledge, FL

It likes to drop calls but I blame it on the heat I live in Florida and it's been 101 for the past 3 weeks or so but maybe it'll work in the cooler months I'll find out but other than that it's a great service

irena cobani Philadelphia, PA

Thank you for offering this service for free to me and people like me who in these trying times can not afford it. The service is great.

Nickidee Chicago, IL

I was told due me not having another phone I can't change my number and I'm being harassed and if something happens to me my family will be following a a lawsuit behind it yall forcing people to have another phone and they live alone any other phone company allows you change your phone number without being on t phone this starting to be a bunch of bull

Darrell Schindler Seattle, WA

I've been amazed at how easy it was that I've been struggling for a long time trying to keep my phone on and now I can pay that money to living the price of everything is gone through the roof and every little butt counts I can't thank q link enough for there service

Missenurkissen Hamilton, MT

The service is in & out lots more than my friends phones but other than that so far I can't complain. This phone is going to save me from paying hundreds a month & due to a cash shortage I've been finding myself without a working phone sometimes up to 2weeks at a time!

Michelle Alderson

I like that I don't have to pay for this monthly service and that's a big deal for me. I purchased a new phone from them when I signed up for the service, I was totally disappointed when I received it, I thought if I purchased a new phone instead of a refurbished phone from them, it would be a better phone but all I can say is it works, for now. I m grateful for my service each month, it definitely helps in an emergency or keeping in touch with family.

Robert Henry Las Vegas, NV

It's a strong suit for me not only did q links made sure the SIM card was rushed delivery but made sure it was delivered. The service is okay I'm not dealing with any drop calls I'm just starting to wonder is it because of my phone for the reason why I'm not able to enjoy HD games on it please feel free to message me because of that's the only issue I keep getting told anytime I play any HD game please check your network

Karen Duba Manistee, MI

Customer service is great.. I could stand another phone soon and will be contacting Q K ink for that, butthe service is good! I guess the only thing I would have an issue with has to do with product versus service. As I said the service is good, its the speed of the phone itself thats slow, battery does not hold a chg and it is your version of a smart phone. Very, very slow. Thats all, Karen Duba

ivgotit Tucson, AZ

The service is good almost anywhere. I rarely have connection problems. The plan I am offered is the best I have found in researching plans available for government supported phone service. It is hard to beat unlimited calls, texts and 4.5GB data (and occasionally unlimited data for a period of time) for no out of pocket costs.

Gregory Fowler Boston, MA

The service has been receiving over the years has been pretty good I really enjoy using you guys the only problem is the tablet in which I purchase or was given to me it does not perform as well as I thought it was supposed to perform so I'm okay other than that it's a lousy tablet but the phone service in the data plan is great thank you and I appreciate the service

Christine Cline Council Bluffs, IA

I am grateful to Qlink. Being physically disabled and thus financially crippled I have tried several government programs. But I had service issues with each of them. Now I have had Qlink for years and never any issues with service.

LaVoya Searcy Siloam Springs, AR

I like the fact that they can offer a free phone/service. Growing up in the system, I can vouch for having a Ned for a phone. No more running next door or across the street to borrow someone else's phone, knowing these neighbors wish you would get your own phone. When you're trapped in the system, having a phone is a prayer answered. Most people take it for granted, like having a car. No one knows how much a phone and car are truly needed until you don't have them, and I've been there. Thank You for this service!! It truly is a need met!

JoAnn Robinson

The only reason I didn't give a five-star score is Because the Internet is bad it's hard to use the phone sometimes if I don't already be somewhere where there is internet. When I make calls outside of my house it's no good it doesn't connect fast it's very slow it won't open any emails unless I have a Wi-Fi attached to it but I do appreciate the phone I appreciate the service and I thank you all

Latresha Holman Phoenix, AZ

Yes wonderful help a lot will saving me money to help with other bills would recommend to others in also some customers service help to there best only had a problem once with receiving a new phone was calling for months had been set up for shipping was waiting and waiting just to contact them to tell me I had to pay out of pocket it was no longer available but was available when sing up but beside that awesome

Stavi Russo Springfield, MO

Qlink Wireless has served me pretty well over the past few years. I'm currently using a 4G LTE phone, but I will be purchasing a 5G capable phone from them later this year. The reason I gave them 4 stars is because whenever I've upgraded myself by purchasing a newer phone from them, they cut off my service on the old phone until I receive their new phone which is usually about a week. So, plan accordingly if you ever upgrade.

Phillip Powell Jr. Wisconsin Rapids, WI

The shipping of my new phone was fast. My only problem is if you are looking at phone's under the "shop phones" dropdown and you're signed in, then it should only show you phones that work in your area. The first phone I got didn't work here and I had to go a week without a phone. It's not a customers responsibility to know what phones do and don't work in their area. If I wasn't logged in then I understand, but it needs to link to your zip code if logged in.

Fernando Sarralha New York, NY

Yeah I just started using the company through a government program it’s OK im constantly losing the signal and it goes into 4G which nothing works on 4G anymore but in overall it’s OK but customer service when you call they either don’t know what they’re talking about lack of knowledge or they’re just not doing their job because you keep getting the same answers and at times I’ve had to call back three or four times to finally get to someone that understood the problem and fixed it I have an issue currently with them and they still haven’t fixed it in doesn’t matter how many times I’ve called or how many emails I’ve sent nothing gets done

Christine V. Walker Lorain, OH

I like the fact of my minutes are added on time when they are due and the fact that my calls aren't dropped as much as other services. But one of the things I'm not happy about is the fact that I received a non working tablet and have been trying to get help for it but no one has helped and it's been several months since I've had it and that I reported the issue.

Sloopadoop Pittsburgh, PA

when i switched services saturday 6th night i my new number monday and sim kit tuesday at 9:58 {today may10th} you acn even track it and all i had to do was pop the sim in with compatible phone no fuss no muss. everything is free and unlimited. everything

Barbara Burdick Seattle, WA

I'm just now being a new customer, waiting to see if unlimited data is actually unlimited. I received excellent customer service and that was a very nice experience. I was able to transfer service with ease. Thank you QLink and how do I obtain a phone from you and what is the cost and what do you offer. This phone that was so easily transferred from my former gov phone carrier with just a sim card thru you is now damaged and I know is on its way out. Please tell me what I can do. Kindest Regards, Barbara Burdick 🦋

James Bozikis IL

Simply a pleasure. I am not a computer or electronic person. In other words I always have trouble setting up phones or computers or anything. But the Q Link staff Simply Amazing they walk you through they talk you through all the steps and get it done. Thank you once again Q Link

Mike Caldwell New York, NY

What I like best about q Link is obviously the fact that it is free unlimited talk text and data! There are a few things that can use improvements such as the service works great in my area of Southern New Hampshire. But once I'm anywhere north of Concord, New Hampshire, the service is so spotty I can hardly make a call and can't use any apps or anything that needs the internet. That's probably because this is a T-Mobile carrier and they don't have many towers in the Central and northern part of the state. Most people have to use Verizon towers up there so I don't know if there's a way that you guys could talk to Verizon and see if they'll let you bounce off their towers with their service or whatever but just a thought. That's my only real concern with this service though. The only other thing I can think of that would make this service more enjoyable would be the ability to have a hotspot, even if it meant paying for it but when I spoke to someone on the phone about it they said that this plan does not offer any mobile hotspot.

Cindy Meens Houston, TX

I’ve loved everything about it and it’s saved me already. My only complaint is when I don’t have wireless available Qlink only shows 1 or 2 bars and download is super slow, if I can connect at all. I’ve also had call after call disconnect. I fell a week ago and wasn’t near wireless and Qlink was so slow my txts for help weren’t sent and my calls to my daughter were dropped. She finally got worried enuf to come check on me and got me off the floor and in bed. I found out I broke my arm from the fall. Very scary. I hope you can fix the connectivity issues. So grateful to keep my phone I know and everything else was fast and easy. Thank you!

Shealy T. Salem, OR

I'm very grateful for this service.. Im no spring chicken, That's for sure. But I am only in my 40s and unfortunately, I have a very severe form of MS. I had MS for quite a while before I was diagnosed,along with many other symptoms My hands quit working completely, for two years. So, Even though I had no diagnosis yet I had no choice, but to stop working. So I hadn't worked in a couple years before I finally found a doctor who diagnosed me. All It took was a brain MRI. So even though I had worked my entire life I missed getting full social security by 2 months.. So I only get $841 per month. And I still have rent all the utilities insurance all that. Phone service with something that I just could not afford. My situation is not going to change. Unfortunately, I'm never going to recover enough to go back to work. So this program this service really really helps me so much!! I would have given five stars if it wasn't for all the spam calls I got day and night 24/7. And at least, 10 calls and texts per day for the previous person who had my phone number. I'm sorry for giving my whole medical story, But I think it's important to express how grateful I am for the service.

David Drake Shelbyville, IN

In the last few months as you guys didn't upgrade plus I traded the phone for a different thing and you gave me a little SD card I think they call it everything has been working great I don't talk in the phone a whole lot but when I do I'm glad it's there I use it for emergency as a say it's a lifeline phone I usually don't call to talk to just to talk if I call it's to make a important call or to call a doctor or to call for help or to call to order something that I gotta have as medicine a lot of people takes advantage of the phones but I try to do what I can to not run up a bunch of minutes better it's t The lifeline phonr

David Navarro Russellville, AR

Always needed for the underpaid hard workers that are retired and can't afford internet I phone's extra , It is well Company thanks again.

Penny Box FL

I've had a great experience with them and I've called they've helped me with my problems with the phone been very nice and helpful