T-Mobile Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8
TracFone Logo
#4 TracFone chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.7

Aly Houston, TX

T-Mobile has many perks - it is often the cheapest of the big cell phone companies (not counting those like Cricket), they offer deals on phones that are reasonable, their in-person customer service is always helpful and professional, and they have some perks such as free/cheap service overseas that is totally incomparable to any other competitor. My only complaints are that service seems to suffer in certain areas in a way that friends and family don't seem to have on their plans. If you're not living/frequently in these areas that is fine but otherwise it can be super annoying. Also I do feel that pricing is sometimes unclear due to fees, etc.

1 day ago

Anita Brooks Denver, CO

We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile when they merged with Sprint and they paid off my phone. It was very easy at their store. They have very knowledgeable staff. They transferred all my contacts and everything. The most important thing of all is my monthly phone bill went down a lot for the same service I was getting before.

20 hours ago

Joan Kinsey Lincoln, NE

Having to switch from Sprint, after being with that company for over 2 decades, T-Mobile has been nothing but a nightmare. I have businesses trying to contact me saying my phone is not working. I was dropped 4 times during a 30 minute attempted call with my daughter in Connecticut, who is also on T-Mobile. I constantly get an "emergency only access" message, having to restart my phone for service. Constant drop calls. I went to the local office here in Nebraska and they switched out my SIM card with no improvement. On our neighborhood chat, there are numerous complaints about the exact issues I am talking about. We have a "family plan" w 5 phones, 4 out of the state of Nebraska, so changing service providers will be expensive and a real issue for us. Calls into their customer service are nothing but a sales pitch, I didn't really feel like a valued customer. It feels like they are reading from a script trying to show "concern". I cannot express how disappointed I am with T-Mobile's service. I also am not impressed with the "Amazing!" box at the bottom of this review. Clearly it was put there by T-Mobile. Please get your act together!!!

7 hours ago

Jason R Lacey, WA

Upgrade to the iPhone 13 Pro ON US up to $1000 on eligible trade in. ON US. In the United States, ON US means free. Drinks are ON US means we pay. The ad implies that current customers, such as myself, can upgrade to the iPhone 13 Pro FOR FREE, because it is on T-mobile. (FREE to me) This is deceptive, in other words, FALSE ADVERTISING. Having an iPhone 8 to trade in gets me $85 (in monthly bill credits over 30 months). That is no where near $1000 and in no way is this upgrade going to be FREE to me. I currently have 4 phones, 2 Smart watches and an iPad on the account and have been with T-mobile for many years. Imagine my disappointment. :( Now, this evening, I see a tv ad for NEW customers, no trade-in required, simply port your number from your current carrier over to T-Mobile and get the iPhone 12 ON US. This tells me that NEW customers can get the iPhone 12 for FREE. What can I do to upgrade to the iPhone 12 as a current customer??? I would have to pay for the phone. Even at half price, which the representative on the phone implied was a legit offer, this is not FREE and not fair to long-term T-Mobile customers. I have canceled the pre-order for the iPhone 13 Pro. I am more than dissatisfied with T-mobile. And THAT is ON THEM!

1 day ago

BILL KILLMAN Dearborn Heights, MI

I was a Sprint customer since 1998 and with the "merger" I had no choice but to go with T-mobile. I thought I'll give them a shot since AT&T is the absolute worst phone service anywhere, and Verizon wants first born and a mortgage for service. I have 5 lines my mother is on my account she lives 1 mile from a major freeway and we couldn't get a signal to save ourselves. Thank God for wireless calling. I've had more dropped calls since the take over in the 20 years with Sprint. I don't know what I'm gonna do take out a mortgage or go to worse...

Roger Blum Miami Beach, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for many years, mainly due to the free international 2G data. Last year, I stopped by a T-Mobile store, to look at new phones. I didn't at the time upgrade, but the representative looked at my account, and said I could save a little on my monthly bill if I switched plans. My only question was if this new plan would still include the free international data. I was assured that it would. It turned out that it didn't, and I didn't find this out until my family was traveling, and unable to use their phones. I contacted T-Mobile many times, but the result was that they would not be responsible for what I was told by their own representative in their own store. Bottom line - don't trust what you're told in a T-Mobile store. Get it in writing and review it before agreeing to anything. If their representative misrepresents something, it is the customer's responsibilty.

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Cheap and decent customer service if something happens to your phone. You can also use an old phone if push comes to shove. They also have decent service/coverage all over...never had an issue with connection or my hotspot.

Canutillo High El Paso, TX

I like the fact that I can walk into any T-mobile store, and not feel like I'm in a used car dealership. Seems employees are well trained and cordial. I also like that they provide military discounts, and free texting/internet on AA flights.

Judy Tepe Mason, OH

We signed up for T-Mobile cell phone service through the kiosk at Costco Waterstone. They were very busy, but also very knowledgable and helpful. We love our new cell phone service! Special thanks to Brittany and, especially, Theron, who helped us very much!! We are seniors and not very tech savvy, and they had great patience with us. They were very helpful! We love T-Mobile and we love Costco!!

Chuck Zander Stonington, CT

I don't have any service at my home. They check and say my area is covered. It doesn't matter when you have no signal on your phone I find that they don't empower their employees or supervisors to help you. It's ridiculous that I have no service and they won't let you out of the contract. Before T-Mobile I use AT&t and has three bars. I would stay away from T-Mobile. They also promise Netflix but they can't get back that to wwork. They are providing me with a T-Mobile booster but they have none in stock and do not know when they will be back in stock. Stay away!

TT Detroit, MI

Absolutely the WORST customer service experience I have EVER had in my entire life with ANY company by far! Started as a T-Mobile customer in February 2021 thinking the merger with Sprint would provide better coverage and customer service. In April, I was “sold” the benefits of the wireless Internet service for $60/month which was set up on automatic payment tied to my credit card…for some reason, the store created a new account for this service rather than add it to my existing account (extra commission?). I tried to get it to work in my home but it could not maintain a signal. I returned it to the same corporate store in which I purchased it from in early May 2021. At the time that I returned the unit I had a $140.00 credit balance on the account. I was told that the credit would be applied to my wireless account. This never occurred…and despite the return, I am getting monthly bills to this day and being charged $60/mo. I called T-Mobile customer service back in May and was told I need the account PIN before they could speak with me…I told them that I never had a PIN. They told me to return to the store (40 miles away…each direction) and show them my ID and they could reset it in the store. I traveled to the store, I was told that was not anything they could do…I called customer care while in the store and the store manager informed the advocate that was not something they could perform. They went back and forth for an hour with no result. Customer care saw the return, but wanted ME to verify where the product went AFTER I returned it to the store. I traveled back to the store and put the manager on the phone again…with no solution. This has gone on like this now for four months…and T-Mobile STILL is charging me $60/mo and NOW IT IS HITTING MY CREDIT CARD…which now I need to report fraud as T-Mobile refuses to stop charging me, refuses to discuss my account with me, refuses to refund my money and credit! This has been a complete nightmare that I have driven over 1,000 miles and wasted 20+ hours trying to resolve…and not getting anywhere! Being an Attorney, my next path appears to be litigation…maybe that will get someone’s attention!!!

RonP Lake Isabella, CA

Make sure they give you what they promise. T-Mobile advertised an unlimited-data plan with a one-month free trial of their service. . I signed up, requesting SIM cards for my iPhone and two base-station phones (wired phone using the cellular network). I asked if I could use the iPhone WiFi Hotspot feature with my computer and they said I could. They sent me three SIM cards, one with talk and data for the iPhone and two data-only SIM cards for my talk-only base-station phones. Naturally the data-only SIM chards were USELESS for my talk-only phones. I called their support center (over an hour wait to get through) ,they told me they would fix it. The next day the cards had not been switched so I called again, only to be told me that I would have to wait until the end of the billing month to get the SIM cards switched (after the end of the "free-trial"). They sent me a survey form about the call -- and I let them know I was not happy. A supervisor called me and had the SIM cards switched to talk-only in a few minutes. Note that each of my calls to their support center started with a wait time of from 30 top 75 minutes. Eventually everything worked ok for a few days, then the data on the iPhone slowed to a useless crawl (even the Google home page timed out). Another hour-long wait time to contact their support center -- only to be told that the "unlimited" data plan does not include the WiFi Hotspot Why didn't they tell me that during the initial sign-up when I first asked about it? Was that omission intentional? I cancelled the service four days before the end of the "free trial" month. A week later they charged my credit card $71 for this "free trial". I called the support center again ("only" a 30 minutes wait this time) and they said they would look into it. After two months, there has been no response from T-Mobile and no refund. I missed the deadline to contest the charge with my credit card company. I have gone back to my previous honest, well-organized, and friendly service provider, Consumer Cellular.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I have to say, out of all the cellphone carriers I have used, T-mobile is my favorite. They have the best coverage in my opinion. I am currently using a lifeline phone service but am getting ready to switch to T-mobile. The only downfall in my opinion is the price. Although their coverage is excellent, many other companies that use and resell their network offer a better price for the same coverage, such as walmart family mobile.

Tracy Deleon Lake Wales, FL

I bought a phone about 3 months ago, and hated it. Happen to stop by T-Mobile while out shopping,to see if they could help me get a new phone and a cheaper phone plan. Noah, the sales guy was super patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I am loving the new phone already! Superfast and crisp colors. The sales manager Corey was awesome too, offered to credit my account after I complained about some of the prices. Thanks guys!!! Amazing customer service!!!

Jean Massey La Grange, TX

I have been with Metro PCS/ T-MOBILE for years and have always had the best coverage, rates and service. I have friends and family that are with other cell companies and all I hear is complaints about how bad and slow the service is. I never worry about overages of any kind because when T-Mobile says unlimited it means unlimited! Not unlimited until you use so many gigs and then you slow down to a snail with a limp speed.

Bob Means McKeesport, PA

T-mobile is a great cell phone provider. I can't endorse their nationwide coverage, but I get great coverage everywhere I go where I live. I believe they have the best prices among the major carrier's, especially if you are a senior. They all offer home internet now. It is a solid product that I would recommend to anyone but a hard core video gamer.

RAY MILLER Northfield, OH

I have been with the T-mobile for over 5 years. They only offer a new phone if I add a new line or if I'm a new customer. I talked too 2 different managers and they promise to call back, they never do. Every time I call back it takes over an hour to get through. The last representative just keeps repeating their promotions. They then pass me to a manager and the whole process repeats. So I went to Verizon and received 3 free phones for switching from T-mobile,

Pat West Covina, CA

Negative stars if I could. I was with Sprint before and had less problems, now that they took over, cell service at my home dropped like a Rock. No service, can't call out, no text consistently at my own home in a big city. Take it I don't live far far away with no cell towers. They keep this up and there business will be shuttered not now but down the road if all customers experience these things constantly. I am seriously thinking about switching after being with Sprint for 15 years. It almost sounds like they want us existing customers to leave, well keep this up and millions will. BAD CELL SERVICE AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE BEING TOSSED AROUND.

Frank Ragsdale Houston, TX

My experience with T-Mobile reminds me of the cell phone service in the 1990s... shoddy at best. The ONLY redeeming feature of T-Mobile is their relatively low monthly service charge. However, I remember my mother's advice... "You get what you pay for." When living in Fort Worth, once you go 15 miles to the north or west, you have NO phone service! You are only saved going to the East and that is only because Dallas is to the East. Once you pass Dallas, T-Mobile is back to service IF you are IN a city or town but extremely spotty signal if you aren't. From their ads, you expect this to be different but you must learn to expect the unexpected! An example would be driving in the car with the family. Often, the front or the back seat will have signal but the opposite location will not have a signal. Today, while driving from Lufkin to Beaumont, my wife, in the front passenger seat had signal but I, the driver, had no signal. We had to run the GPS off of her phone. For this reason, when we took a trip from Fort Worth to Utah, I bought paper maps because most of the way, nobody in the car had a signal. My daughter has Verizon and when sitting next to each other on the couch... she has 3-4 bars and I have only 1! Phone customer service is almost as bad... it's just the "luck of the draw". I'm living in the country, now, and if the winds are right I get 2 bars signal, max! I called and was told to go to a T-Mobile store and get a "signal booster". I drove the 50 miles to the NEAREST T-Mobile store only to be told that I had been given the wrong information... I can only get one by calling the same people who told me to go to the store. I asked the rep, who answered AFTER A 25 MINUTE HOLD TIME, for a "signal booster". After an interrogation to "confirm" who I am... she asked, "Why do you want a signal booster?" I thought it was a trick question! Why do people normally sit 25 minutes waiting... and another 5 or so minutes answering all sorts of questions for a signal booster??? I said, "To boost the horrible signal?" She said she'd write down that response, as though it was not the usual reason for a signal booster. At the end, she said, "I don't want to give you any false expectations but you might get the signal booster in 2-3 weeks" I started laughing... "You mean it could take longer?!?" She answered, "Well, we only get them when the company manufacturers them." Now, please tell me where "verified" customers give T-Mobile a supposed 3.5 rating??? Did the employees call or write in?? The T-Mobile mantra over the years I've had their service and have complained about it is: "We're working on it. Just us some time." It HAS to be written for every phone rep to see because I have endlessly heard that excuse! Once, they had someone who "claimed" to be a T-Mobile engineer call and speak to me and even HE gave that line go me.

james radford Charlotte, NC

The phone service is great! But the fact that they stay busy and don't let employees have a break very often is concerning. I work in retail myself and find it hard to enjoy a meal on break. I can only imagine working all day and not getting to eat.

Hosnieh Mahmoodi Aurora, ON

Customer service representatives are not knowledgeable. your call will disconnect after they put you on hold. If you call back you need to repeat your problem again. If somethings goes wrong with your line, Just give up and switch company. That is what we did. here is our story: Since we were going to stay in Canada for the couple of months, we changed our plan to unlimited data and talk and text to Canada and Mexico, My husband and I phone worked but the 2 other lines for my kids didn't work as soon as we crossed the border. First few days of our stay we were talking to customer service for at least 20 hours and no results. We had to switch our plan to use Bell Canada. Since me and my husband had to keep our line for work, we kept our line for longer. However, when I called to cancel our lines and get refund for the 2 lines we didn't use, we fell in the same trap.... talking to unknowledgeable rep, connecting to supervisor and disconnecting the line. I don't want my refund anymore. just don't want to waste my time with this company.

Tracy Howard Gilbert, AZ

I have had a few cell carriers through the years and T-Mobile has been the best so far. Great pricing and great customer service. I also appreciate the T-Mobile Tuesday promotions!

Becky Winter Springs, FL

I have never had a problem with T-Mobile. If I have a question I can go to there Chat on there website and get it answered in just a few minutes. It’s easy to pay my bill on there website as well. Never have I ever had no service or interrupted service. They’re awesome!!

Jeff Dallas, TX

I loved their old CEO John Legere. I love the value of T-Mobile. I love that when T-Mobile tells you a price, it is THAT price. They don't dream up a bunch of ridiculous fees like every other carrier does. But man.....their actual cellular service is ghetto. My wife and daughter changed over to T-Mobile and I stayed with AT&T. We travel all over the United States and my wife's T-Mobile service is pathetic. No service, dropping calls in certain locations etc. Their maps are not accurate. We keep a spare iPhone with us and switching to that phone had the same results. If you live in a major city and never go further than a 10 block radius of your home, you might be all good with T-Mobile. But if you absolutely must have dead on reliable cellular service no matter where you are, you need to have one phone using Verizon and the other one using AT&T. We are switching my wife to Verizon ASAP. My AT&T service has been excellent.

Moses Cosom Darlington, SC

There are very few issues I've experienced in the decade of service. the limited times I've had to utilized customer service have been extremely pleasant and efficient. the store representatives are excellent trained and make the in-store experience almost preferrable over the telephone or online assistance.

E Jester Baltimore, MD

I like T-Mobile because I've been with them for over 17 years. I don't like purchasing a new phone because it increases the cost and one never gets any deals. The so-called Tuesdays app doesn't help me because it's geared towards younger people. I would rather have monthly fees waived to acquire discounts on the service. I love my unlimited calls, text but since the merge, the prices could be better considering the pool of customers.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

Came to T-Mobile from Sprint after an out of control billing issue. The deal I got 7 years ago is still better than anything else out there. NOT ONE BILL INCREASE IN 7 YEARS!! That is why I left Sprint and AT&T to begin with. Customer service is always available. I recommend the Chat feature. You can make all changes necessary for your account and get any/all questions answered quickly on Chat. Not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

Charnise Johnson Chicago, IL

I was recently with Sprint, but they switched over To T-Mobile, and every since they switched over My cellular experience has improved a lot. They have been so helpful on the phone with upgrading my new phone and very helpful with every question that I asked. I went in the next day to give me a new phone, and the whole process took all of 30 minutes to complete. I highly recommend T-Mobile to anybody.

Stephanie Carlson Chicago, IL

Ive worked with all carriers of cell phones through Samsung for 8 years. To migrate my sprint phone number to another tmobile account has been the worst possible process I've ever seen. They made me pay half of the bill for the next month. Even though we just paid a week ago. They keep giving me a new hoop to jump through when I've been trying to do this for two weeks. No one knows what theyre doing here.

Michael D'Alfonso Santa Fe, NM

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the service here is inferior at best. Their customer service was great at first and very diligent about getting my service to work better and kept recommending different phones to try over the course of 6 months. When it was finally obvious that it was not the phone(after trying 4 different phones) but the carrier, I left and they were great about it until 2 months later I started getting bills that made no sense. They charged me for 2 of the phones and never told me and also charged me for the booster they sent me even though when I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do to terminate, they said no. Hence, 2 months later, I received a two invoices totaling $900.00. I did not receive any guidance from them, even when I asked. It felt like I was dealing with a Used Car sales company rather than a reputable Cell phone carrier. Be careful what they promise vs. what they deliver.

RossA Columbus, OH

Local store people are great--company is terrible. We traded in my wife's iPhone8Plus that had always had a Zagg screen protector on--LCD was in mint condition, no lost pixel, working perfectly, no touch issues at all. Local assistant manager, Roh (who gave us fantastic, above and beyond service), said it was in mint shape. When we shipped the phones in for exchange for the promotional $830 back--at first it said it was all good. The only reason we traded in and switched is because we anticipated that our 4 iPhone 8's would drop in trade-in value significantly when the iPhone 13 comes out in the fall since the 8's were the lowest model that got the highest value trade in amount. So it was financially better, supposedly, for us to trade now even though all the phones were working great. Then the receiving depot for trade-in phones said there was a problem with the LCD and we weren't going to get the money. But they don't have any proof of the display being bad just a generic statement in a database, no pictures of a problem, no nothing, no proof. T-Mobile verified to me that the package got there in good shape. We shipped the phone in the bubble wrap provided by T-Mobile with extra cushioning inside the box and we left the screen protector on and the case still on just to be sure it was not going to be damaged in shipping (which it wasn't, and which T-Mobile agreed that it wasn't damaged in shipping). Then after objecting to the removal of the promotion with no proof and an assistant manager of our local store who said it was in great shape, they said that the promotion would be reactivated. Then a week later they said it wouldn't. And then they said, after re-objecting that they could get the promotion applied again. And then a couple weeks later finally they said it wouldn't and they couldn't and there was nothing else to appeal. I insisted on talking to the phone bank customer service manager who simply said, I'm not going to dispute your story of the LCD or what the assistant manager of the local store said or even that the LCD was in good shape, but, he said, there is nothing we can do about it. Then he tried to give me the line others had--"it must have been something you couldn't see on the screen that was bad." I've been working with computers for 35 years. I've never seen an internal issue with a screen that didn't cause a problem you could see. Really! The whole process took long enough that we were past the buyers remorse time period and besides, we can't get our old trade-in phones back anyway to trade in with some other provider, so we screwed and stuck being in a two year contract. We had already switched my mother-in-law to a T-Mobile hotspot and have consistently experienced in accurate billing and terrible wait times and terrible support when we call in for support for us and for her. For example, the limit on the hotspot we got her is 100GB a month. They said the first month she went over, so they slowed her down to 3G speed for the last 4 days of the cycle. But when we got the bill, the bill said she only used 93GB the whole month--so why did they slow here down when she didn't actually go over the limit? We've had that same problem 3 months in a row with her. I've had to wait hours on hold to get through--40 to 60 plus minute hold times each time I called in for billing or tech support for us or for my mother-in-law. We were going to switch my mother-in-law's phone service to T-Mobile, but we won't now and we can hardly wait for two years to be up so we can leave them and never come back. We've been with ATT on and off for 16 years and Verizon for about 6 years in the last 22 years. We'll stick with the companies who stand behind their promises and actually provide customer service. Too bad, Roh and the local team at the store I went to would get a 5 star rating from me. But if I could give the company a zero, I would. Their coverage, even where they say they have strong coverage and fast speeds is hit or miss. We live in an area of "strong 5G signal" an no gaps in service on their maps. But we've had more dropped calls with T-Mobile in the first 6 weeks than we've had in 10 years with ATT and Verizon. So don't believe their coverage maps either.

Karl Mickelson Colorado Springs, CO

T-mobile speeds are pretty good, when you can get any connection at all. Live in a well covered 5G area, and get 3 or 4 bars on a new iPhone, but can only get data about 50% of the time, or less. Phone calls go through, but DO NOT rely on any data service from T-mobile, even with a strong signal. They used to be quite good, but for last 6 months it's been abysmal. And I'm not a heavy mobile data user; generally less than 1GB/month, mostly well under. Ironically, I get the best data throughput when I'm in more rural areas, in this medium sized city, forget using your smart phone for anything other than a phone. You won't get your Uber ride, you won't find the best directions to your destination (unless you load it before leaving the house using your wi-fi), you won't find the nearest coffee shop, you can't even ope a lot of apps that require a data connection to even open, no weather forecast away from home, etc. They are cheap, but also in the sense that they do not provide good value for the money, low quality, etc. They are cheap because really mostly what you are getting is a phone service, so unless you still use a flip-phone, you are not getting a good deal.

JC Whelchel Wesley Chapel, FL

I was a customer for several years and signed up with T-Mobile at the Outlet Mall Store in Wesley Chapel FL. When we called the store to check on new phones, the man we spoke to gave us a trade-in price that was acceptable. When we came to the store, he suddenly noticed that he had read the info incorrectly and reduced the trade value by half. We then cancelled our account with T-Mobile and they billed us for an extra month after we had service with another carrier. On calling T-Mobile I was told their phone customer service could not access our account because it was closed and that I would have to go on-line. When I went on-line I could not access the account because it was closed. I finally paid the extra month after they sent the bill to the credit bureau. The company is a bunch of rip-off artist.

Dhiraj Srivastava Iowa City, IA

I exited out of T-mobile on 30th June and by some misunderstanding, I could not pay the bill. They sent me a letter on 6th July which I received on 12th July. I wanted to talk to the T-mobile people regarding the bill so didn't paid the bill immediately. I got a call from collection agency on 14th of july regarding debt collection. I went to store on 15th and they resolve my misunderstanding. I paid the bill on 16th of July. on 24th of July, I am getting the letter from convergent outsourcing regarding "Debt collection". I haven't seen a business so impatient. I will never deal with T-mobile in future.

Andrea Thomas Tacoma, WA

T-mobile has extremely bad coverage in the area I live. Having gone in to talk with them, I feel like I get the run-around. Talking on the phone to customer service isn’t any better. But, I have dealt with worse. So I would say T-mobile would be one of my last choices and would have to really do something big for me (or save really big) to make me come back. #Notfor10yearsMinimum

SebMassun Los Angeles, CA

For the most part its great. Love the family plan @ $40 a pop, free international texting and also 1 hour free on GoGo equipped flights. Their 5G doesn't seem too much of a step up from LTE and internet seems slow at times and at other times just doesnt have any signal - but a quick flip of the on/off airplane mode usually helps.

Susan G Seattle, WA

I have been with Sprint for 18 years. T-Mobile did it take over. I was hoping it was going to be better than the service with Sprint. It has been worse. The calling area is VERY sketchy. My phone drops calls more than any of my professional colleagues that I’m traveling with. Every time I’m with professionals, ask them who their carrier is So I can switch as soon as I am out of my contract. 18 years. When I call in for help all I get are foreign workers who we read from cue cards. The last one, it was difficult to hear because there were so many roosters crowing in the background. He said he was in the Philippines. The next time I called, I reach somebody in the Caribbean. I have not spoken to anyone on the mainland of America in years. Now it is understandable because no one in America wants to go to work, everyone wants to stay at home on their couch and collect unemployment. But these things happened before the pandemic.

Autumn Mccard American Canyon, CA

T-Mobile may not have the best service but they have the best customer service and the best pricing for having unlimited everything. Back to their service.. they have improved greatly over the year and they have good service but for more rural areas it’s not the best.

Carlie Sami Pensacola, FL

I have stayed with T-Mobile for over 8 years, I've always had consistent great service. I was pleased when they came out with the 55+ program, I immediately enrolled and am saving even more money. There is no need for me to change providers because I already have what I need.

Anthony Bishop Charlotte, NC

I have been a T-Mobile customer for about 10 years and have been satisfied. However, quality of service is very dependent on the particular office I have utilized. Cell phone coverage is dependable and vast. The cost of my senior plan is excellent. I recently subscribed to their internet service. It is reasonably priced and reliable.

Donna G Schultz Grove, OK

I went in to T Mobile last time my iphone broke, just to check them out. They had a special for Seniors so I was going to sign up. The salesman offered me a demo phone to try in my rural area to make sure I liked it. That's when I found out that only Verizon works in our area. The salespeople were GREAT, Honest and really went out of their way.

Scott Eagles Olive Branch, MS

T-Mobile provides some of the best cell phone service I have ever had. I speak from experience with all of the other major providers (ATT&T, Sprint, Verizon). I have not had any billing or contract issues with them as I have always had with other companies. I like that they provide a generous military discount and special military member discounts. The coverage area is comparable with other providers having some dead zone in less populated areas. I cannot speak for customer service as I have never had a reason to call them in my 3 years since being with them.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I was with T-Mobile from when it was Powertel in 1999 and I really liked it. I had very little problem with lack of coverage, the value was good and I liked their products. The only issue that I did have was they had the wrong anniversary date for me and at times that made upgrading an issue or changing plans a problem because I wouldn't get the better rate initially. The people I dealt with in customer service were always helpful and took care of my problems right away. There were times that I asked for the manager and that seemed to help fix the issue faster. I still miss T-Mobile but my wife won't go back.

Archer

Switched to T-Mobile 3 years ago and saved myself not only some money, I also saved myself a lot of headaches!!! The CS has been great, very responsive and they get things done very quickly 98% of the time. Sometimes it takes a little longer due to the issue being dealt with. The connectivity has been great as well, they even gave me a booster set up when I was just outside the service area so I could get a signal and it worked out great!

Dennis K Spokane, WA

I have had T-Mobile service off and on throughout my life and don’t have any big complaints about anything. I think that they have some of the best deals on new cell phones and their monthly service plans are usually a better deal then Verizon or AT&T, the only thing that has been an issue for me at times is their lack of coverage in some remote and rural areas. When I had gone camping some of my friends were able to pick up service in certain spots and areas where I was not, which i wasn’t all that happy about as I had to take in some of the shit talking about my phone provider when ever I asked to use one of my friend’s phone to place a call. Considering I was paying less for service then they were and we had only gone camping to far secluded locations like that once or twice a year, it really made no difference to me except for a little bruised ego of mine for a few minutes :/

Cindy Losacano Chicago, IL

Got my phones during offer at walmart. One phone didn't work. Got the run around, phone wasn't replaced, had to buy out of contract. Then premium went up on other phone. Lose signal often. Going back to Straight talk.

Ljubisa Jakovljevic Sterling Heights, MI

Didn't have service with T mobile, just open account ,and cancelled couple days after, and T mobile charging me since. We called 10-15 times and all EXPERTS(????) promise that they closed account and they will not charge us .Today we received letter from collection agency ???!!!!

M Morales Kissimmee, FL

Very poor reception in the Central Florida area. There have been times when I do not receive my text unless I turn off my phone and turn it back on. Many drop calls. When upgrading our phones in the store, they took forever and added services like the Insurance with out permission.

Travis Coleman Fenton, MO

Research this company thoroughly before accepting offers that sound good. They're disorganized and their customer service reps on the phone will flat out lie to you multiple times. I finished an 18 month phone lease and wanted to upgrade my plan and phone. My account had a $0 balance. AT&T offered a better deal, so I called T-Mobile/Sprint to discuss my options. They transferred me to what they called their "Retention Dept." The rep presented numerous benefits of staying with TM/Sprint, such as an educator's discount, so I went into the store to sign up for those account features. Unfortunately, the store reps said that what the Retention Rep offered was, "impossible," because some of the things didn't make sense. For example, the educator's discount hadn't even existed in well over a year. I called customer service again and, after waiting on hold for 52 minutes, was again directed to the Retention Dept. This time, the rep said she'd give me a lower rate. I asked if she could note on my account what we agreed to and she said she shouldn't need to because the changes had already been made and will begin at the next billing cycle. Since the new plan was settled, I went back into the store to upgrade my phone. At that point, the store reps said there weren't any changes on my account. I again called customer service and asked to be transferred to their Retention Dept, as the in store reps suggested. The rep on the phone said the Dept. doesn't even exist, but he tried assisting me anyway. He also promised things that I later found out weren't entirely true regarding phone replacement, but said he noted things on my account. When I visited the store again he next day, I was told that his notes were vague and didn't include some of the things I came in to discuss. I again called customer service, but this time had the phone rep talk with the store employee. Finally, we were able to work out an acceptable phone plan. Keep in mind, while all this was happening I was also trying to upgrade to a better phone. I had finished my 18 month lease and was told I had a zero balance. However, they wouldn't allow me to upgrade to another phone unless I paid $200+ or sent my phone back. I was fine with sending the phone back, but was then told I couldn't because it has a small crack in the screen. If they were going to re-lease the phone to another customer, I'd understand not accepting it back. However, the model is 3 or so years old, so I know they'll just use it for scrap or toss it entirely anyway. I offered paying some to have the small crack repaired, but they rejected the idea. On another note, I was never told that I would still owe anything on the phone once the lease ended. That doesn't make any sense. I was then told by a store rep that I could bring in any other phone that would turn on and that didn't have any damage to trade in for an upgraded phone model. However, when I brought in a phone like they asked, I was told that the phone options they suggested I upgrade to were unavailable at that store. I eventually ended up visiting four stores in the area and they all seemed to say different things. The last store I visited yesterday had the phone that a previous rep suggested I upgrade to, but the in-store reps said that sending the phone back, even with a potential repair, would still not entirely bring my phone balance to zero. (Remember, my 18 month lease had been completed and paid in full.) Even the store employees there said that the Sprint/T-Mobile merger has been a disaster and that they can't wait for things to settle down because they've seen many customers come in and complain about the same problems I'm facing. People were talked into leases that were misleading. If you look online, you'll see that others had the same problem. This is not a problem that's uniquely mine. To summarize, the customer service reps on the phone are not on the same page with each other and will flat-out lie about plan options to keep you with the company. The customer service reps in the store are also not on the same page as the ones on the phone. However, the in-store reps were at least honest about things. I've never see such a dishonest, disorganized company. I've wasted roughly six hours on the phone with them and probably four more in various store locations the past several days. I cannot wait to leave this company and STRONGLY recommend you look elsewhere for service.

David Perry Mahwah, NJ

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONSIDERING SIGNING UP WITH T MOBILE. I would have given 0 stars if it allowed me to. I do not recommend using this provider. They falsely advertise their promotions. When signing up we were told by multiple customer service representatives that T-Mobile would cover 100% of the remaining balances of the phone lines with our previous provider. After being with T-Mobile for 3 months the balance has not been paid. I spent multiple days on phone with multiple customer service representatives. Each representative was not helpful. I was told more than 3 times that I would be sent prepaid credit cards for $600 on each card. I never received a card. I was told multiple times that a supervisor would contact me on that day. I never received a call. I have not gotten reimbursed for the payment I made on the remaining balance of my phone lines with my previous provider.