T-Mobile Logo

5.3

Lesly Desilus Miami, FL

If you were trader do not use T-Mobile service they are the absolute worst between 345 and 4 o’clock when it’s time to close an open trade my phone service was frozen because of the 50 GB limit on their unlimited plan. I’ve been with them for 22 years, they cost me $13,000 Because I couldn’t close the trade when I needed to so if you’re trader do not use T-Mobile which is Sprint now thanks just trying to save my fellow traders

Abby Boyer Tempe, AZ

tried to find the platform with the highest average score just to bring it down. This company deserves no good reviews and you should get as far away from them as you can. They will make you pay for a service that doesn't work. I called multiple times requesting help and I was just passed along to the next person that didnt know what they were talking about. Finally found starlink and I forgot how good internet actually ran until now. STAY AWAY FROM T MOBILE

Christina Cortez

I was a Sprint customer for 17 years. When I heard of the merge I was concerned that I would lose everything they provided. T-Mobile has done great thus far.

Norma Ray Miami, FL

Store personnel in Montgomery Texas store lie to customers just to get a sale. What they promised was not delivered. Neither local store or tmobile customer will admit their error and make it right. I will change to any other carrier asap.

Kalixt Smith

If I could give it negative zeros stars I would. This company has ruined the good reputation of Sprint for former Sprint customers. Beware of bait and switch on upgrades as they do not honor trade in values. Ever. We traded in a new phone that we had for barely a few weeks and when we saw our trade in bill it was for half of what they originally quoted us. They are now also trying to force Sprint customers into more expensive plans. If they do this to you as well, please file a complaint with the FCC.

Linda King Albany, GA

Don’t be fooled T-Mobile is a scam they’re selling used/returned phones as new! I paid over 1,200.00 to get home and inspect further to find a small crack. Took it back to be told there’s nothing they can do. I have two lines and one line I brought my own phone to find all they did was use the phone I purchased from them as a hotspot then charged me for out of network numbers when I use it they did nothing more but cloned the phone. As soon as I reach the 3 months that I’m forced to stay with them I’m gone and will NEVER do business with them. They’re amazingly AWFUL..

Julie Ulberg Eau Claire, WI

Horrible service & especially customer service. The service doesn’t work in my area & they won’t refund me my money that was for traded in phones that were not even t mobile. Each time you call I. You get a different story & runaround to go to the store vs calling customer service. Frustrating & exhausting. I can’t count how many hours I wasted trying to get a refund on something that wasn’t theirs.

Gerald Gerringer Ridgeway, VA

The t mobile office in Martinsville Virginia needs some attention. The employees are rude unprofessional. They have not been properly trained and have no management at this store. I was there 4 hours Sunday 1 hour Monday and they are lost and said they can't help me. Ive been a paying customer over a decade and now I'm looking to switch to another carrier. It's sad how there only want to play around drawing pictures. Take my advice and drive the extra miles to avoid wasting your time. If only a t mobile executive could see the customers that walk out that door unhappy.

Jowara Morgande

Great service provider. They offer great discounts and plans. They have wonderful customer service to help with all your needs.

8 months ago Edited October 16, 2023

Sweet Grass Indianapolis, IN

The only thing good is no contract*. However, no service or inconsistent service is no good with or without a contract. We have 3 phones, 2 watches, and the internet. If you take their so called free offers it makes you obligated for the term of what they offered free - so in essence there is a 2-year contract. You have to pay everything off (even though it was advertised as free) if you want to dump the crappy service. *Same thing with other carrier contracts - so just a way to sneak a contractual obligation into your phone bill without the actual words. Service is so bad we can be sitting side by side - same exact phone - 1 will have few or no bars and the other 3 or 4. One can search the internet with no problems. The other will sit and spin and finally say no internet connection available. These are phones - cell service - far away from home - fully charged - should not have to have an internet connection. We check what's turned on or off - nothing matters. We've complained - they do a reset - doesn't work - still no internet connection available comes up. Unfortunately, we also have their internet service at home and that isn't any better than the cell service. Just like the dropped phone calls, the internet is always disconnecting. If it's not disconnecting it is sooooooo slow and I mean slower than the old dial up connections. Many times, it will time out. Most of the time turning things (all) off and refreshing does little to correct the problems. Even if you're under the max connections - more than one connection can bring 1 or more phones/watches/tvs to that slow crawl or no service. I think as far as service reliability T-Mobile is by far the worst service I have ever had. The staff at the local store are pretty good. They can't fix a broken system but they give it a try. If their service worked as it should, it could be a good value - but when it's a daily problem - you get what you pay for. I've lost service once before and twice during my time on Best Company dealing with this review.

9 months ago Edited September 13, 2023

Arnon O

Had these jockers for over 2 years. Hardly anything good to say about them. The most unreliable coverage, their customer service reps are utterly clueless. They will sign you up to plans T mobile doesn't have. When they throttle you back ( aka prioritization) they will literally cut you off from dara/ internet. Their " unlimited plans" are just a lie , T mobile doesn't have " unlimited data plans" - none! Their app is as useless as they are , you can't connect to get your account information. " service unavailable " is more than a common error message you'll get trying... Their reps ( overseas of course) care only about the reviews they are asking you to write at the end of every single phone conversation with them. In short , just a bunch of lying scammers disguised as a reputable business.

Chance

Returned a wireless device. A few days later I got an email stating my bill was overdue, and they charged me a penalty. I paid it immediately, although I was told at the store I didn’t owe anything. So…a month later I get bill. It says THEY owe ME $13.50. Great. I assume they will put the amount back on my credit card. Nope. SIX MONTHS later and I am still receiving statements saying FINAL BILL, with a -$13.50. I’ve tried calling, but since I no longer have an account, they can’t find me. I’ve gone to 4 stores, been told they’ve sent me a “gift card” for the amount twice, never got anything. I asked for an email confirmation of a conversation and was told they didn’t have the ability to that! This company is unbelievable. Lousy customer service, incompetent sales force (one store, the salespeople were sitting on the floor joking and told me they were doing ME a favor!!), and the unmitigated arrogance of keeping money that should be returned to a customer. I would rather go without a phone or internet than EVER do business with them again.

Michael Kamali Beverly Hills, CA

Hello: I have been a T-Mobile customer for 10 years; I have 6 business lines with them. When I signed up with them, they were wonderful; the service was great and reliable, but during the past 3 years, their service and reliability have been diminishing. In so many occasions, the phone calls does not go though even though we are testing our own phones; the phones do not ring and the callers are directed to voice mail; voice mails are not notified for as long as 3 days. Today I had a very important call which I took the day off just so to be able to receive the call. 12 minutes past the due time, I received an email that they had called me and it had directed them to voice mail. I was looking at my phone the whole time. This was the straw that broke the cannel's back, and now I am searching for substitute to my business elsewhere. Sincerely, Michael

PCSM CHURCH Abington, MA

Do not do any business with Sprint or T-Mobile. Sprint robbed me of over 500.00 dollars. When attempting to get a refund I was lied to several times. Calling customer service is the most painful task anyone can do in a day. Every time you call, you have to start your story all over again and the wait times can be astronomical. Are they not taking any notes about the 30 times I have had to call call? And dozens of attempts later, still not resolved. With a company this large, you think they would be obligated to refund their customers with money that was wrongfully charged/billed. Months of calling and getting transferred from one customer service rep to another, I have been left with nothing but wasted time and a bank account that is short over 500.00. They have even admitted their mistake in overcharging me but still no resolution. Please don't waste your time and money. If there are any issues you will be promised everything and anything, but you most likely will be left with frustration and regrets. I have always been friendly and kind and always paid my bills on time for years. But to them that doesn't matter. They would rather lose a customer than resolve a wrong doing. To this company, YOU DON'T MATTER. What a shame. I am looking for assistance on how to file a formal complaint but of course SPRINT and TMOBILE are not assisting with that either. Even after acknowledging that they made a mistake in overcharging me for hundreds of dollars.

Steven Walker Los Angeles, CA

I have been with T mobile since 1997 when I was stationed in Germany, In 2003 got it in the states... I'm very disappointed and thinking about dropping T-Mobile after the repeated disrespect and fraud being sent my way. I have had multiple phone's but on when I came back from Iraq in 2005 didn't work, another got an update two weeks after it was paid off and quit working. This is the third phone I have paid off and then get a system update and it either doesn't work or makes.it impossible to use. This latest update keeps eating my memory and I have delete almost everything off of it....after this last "system update" my operating system now takes up 113 of my 128.....and every time I freed up more room the system takes more memory. This is the company's way to force people to buy more and is illegal. My choices are sue T-Mobile or just change to a company that doesn't screw their customers.

Tarina Lormand Dunnellon, FL

I have been a tmobile customer for 7 years. Every time we have an technical issue they can never seem to fix, I get transfered multiple times to God only knows how many countries and I am forced to repeat my issues 12 or more times per call. At one point I was talking to my so called 'experts' more often then my own family. Recently my son lost his phone and I was trying to order a new one from the app. When I got the email confirmation I saw the address was wrong. I called in the get the order fixed and this rep insisted she could save me money and get us free upgrades. Mind you I've been paying on time with this company for 7 years and have never gotten a free upgrade. All phones have been paid for outright. So I ask how and thats when she screwed us. First she said if anyone in the house hold is military ex military first responder etc, I said yes my partner is she said great we can put a military discount on and switch plans so that we all get a new Samsung galaxy s 23 and my son gets a new Motorola edge all we pay is sales tax. To avoid any billing issues we agreed she would call me back on the last day of my billing cycle to move the plan and add discounts order phones. So that day comes and goes no call, I call in and speak to a manager, or so he said he was, he verifies the free upgrades and tells me my cost is 137.00 for the sales tax. Then I asked how does my partner provide his military information since when I try to do it on my end it keeps putting my name. The manager says he will email me the form so we can put his name. Then tells me he will have the rep call me first thing the next morning to complete the deal. Again day comes and goes no call. I call again and this time I'm informed I am only getting a 500 dollar discount for the phones so there will be about a 500 dollar charge to me in order to upgrade.... and as if that wasn't enough for me to flip out, I was then told the military discount only applies to the account holder... my plan is already changed and we cannot get back on my grandfathered plan, no longer are we getting upgrades and this women then tells me she will call me later that night to get things fixed and to provide an option on the upgrades. She calls me back an hour later but has nothing to tell me but please give them 24 hours to fix this. Its been 72 hours and no call. Sorry but they are the worst, the reps will say anything to get a deal done and they don't care how it affects you as long as they get their money. I absolutely hate this company and their poor excuse for customer service and satisfaction. Have no clue how they stay in business or how they have not been sued.

Red Foley

These guys suck! Been with them for over a year and a half. Reception SUCKED for that time and after that long of complaining they offered me a booster for my home and it still doesn’t work all of the time! Sometimes my signal bar says, SOS! Tried my best to get something to work with them and was LIED to twice! Have an IPhone that I hate! And they want me to pay it off first before I can get an android and aren’t going to give me a good value if I trade it in! PISS POOR service and customer service! When you call customer service it usually goes to the Philipines and you can’t understand them almost every time!

Gonzalo Alonso Bilbao, BI

Bad company, either cooking the client for money, or simply ignorant. As I was going to stay in the States for the summer, I bought a SIM card from June 15th to July 15th. The worst problem for me was that I had no connectivity at many places in Boston city and no connectivity at all out of the city. Since I have a device bought overseas (Samsung Galaxy A22) hardly compatible with US providers, that may be partially the cause. However, I had data connectivity at least at some places within the city, so that was not the main problem. My point against T-Mobile is the following. I was three times in one store in Boston explaining my problem, and they drove me crazy and lied to me and I had to spend so much time by myself trying to understand and fix the problem. Firstly, they didn't mention the device compatibility issue, simply sold the SIM card assuring there were no problems. Once sold, when the problems started they told me the solution was both to restart the device and reboot the connection settings every time I lost the connectivity. Didn't work. Thirdly, they said my Spanish SIM was blocking the US one and had to take out the Spanish. Again, didn't work. Then I came to the Verizon store and they told me the problem was that the T-Mobile network outside cities is simply bad and Verizon is far better. They also warned me the device was not compatible, so I could have problems. Verizon card, though a bit slower than expected, worked. For less than 30$, it is ridiculous and suspicious to behave the way T-Mobile did.

Jack Simantob Los Angeles, CA

I don't know were to begin with, wait time of 1.5 hour for a call back? 45 minutes of wait time after the call back, being disconnected after the 45 minutes or when the representative called Dayna answered. I asked her to note my number and call me if we get disconnected but that did not help when she wanted to connect me to my account representative and I was disconnected. The irony is that despite having the last 4 digit of our business tax ID # my name, my password, my phone # and my business # she could not say why I could not log in to my password. Best thing to do for your shareholders is fire your CEO.

Christine Ramos Snellville, GA

My mobile service provider recently change from Sprint to T-Mobile - thus far so good. Haven’t really needed much more than our regular phone service, No complaints.

10 months ago Edited August 16, 2023

Molly Cincinnati, OH

I have been with T-Mobile for many years. Three months ago I added 2 smartwatches for my kids to my plan. They advertised a deal for one watch to be $10/month and then 2nd watch would cost $5/month for the plan. In addition the watches would be discounted from $12.50/month to $4.08/month for a total of 24 months. They then told me that it would take three billing cycles for these promotions to show up on my bill and when they did show up I would received credit for the three months prior when the deal didn't show up. To keep it brief, I have been billed three times without the promotion showing up and now just received my fourth bill with no promotion rate. When I went back to the electronic document that stated the promotion it has been changed online and says that we agreed to pay the full price and not the promotion price. There is no way for me to prove the promotion they offered and we accepted because I did not print the document when the exchange took place. They told me it would be available on my account online, but the document on there is NOT the agreement we signed. This is always something I had been leary of with signing documents electronically where you can't actually guarantee what you're signing and that the electronic document they file and email to you will be what you signed.

Jei Jen

This has to be the most frustrating thing that happened to me. Too bad I realized TMobile is so bad after 10 years of being with them and now that I switched, I feel relieved. The problem is as simple as it could be, just requesting this TMobile phone to be unlocked, has been paid off 3 months ago even the final balance as well. Unlocking a phone, I am aware that can only be done through calling their customer service. I did not take the names initially because I thought it will be easy. July 30, called to request for phone unlock. Did that manual unlock, stating Error: 1019, representative aware. Was told wait for 72 hours. August 4, followed up, was told to wait again for 72 hours, and that an email will be received. No email received in all inbox including Spam folder. Representative aware, of Error 1019. I mentioned phone was already reset/rebooted, has been on the whole time, it is connected to wifi. Another provider sim card was tried out to check. August 7, called again, and stated it has been 8 days ago since initial request and nothing was resolved yet. Representative said issue will be escalated to resolutions department and will be prioritized, wait for 24 hours and will send an email. Again, not solved and no email received. August 10, my 4th call in 11 days, spoke with Diane. I asked to speak to supervisor but representative said supervisor was engaged in another call, instead tried to do all the things the past 3 representatives did, which I cooperated again and again. I am not even yelling, but already frustrated at this time. I requested to speak to a technical support, and still was unable to help and was told for again, issue will be escalated, will inform the higher managers, wait for 72 hours. Total time of call was 1.5 hours with that 0.5 hours (30 mins) of being on hold to wait for that transfer to technical support. Saying it will be surely unlocked since it is already prioritized and rest assured it will be resolved. August 11, after 24 hours, still not resolved. I went to TMobile store at the mall, stated they cannot help unlock a phone which I am aware but what more can I do if I can’t be helped at the only place where they say has the job to do that? I mentioned the whole story and my frustration and was told to go to this other TMobile store because it is the Corporate office so I went there, and I asked this guy if he can call for me. He said just call and say I am activating a line to get in the call faster. I said the problem is not getting to talk to someone but “the problem is not being solved for almost 2 weeks and I keep making this calls, waiting to talk to someone, hoping someone can find the problem and I have been very cooperative and patient, and kept being promised but the issue has like nowhere to go”. And he said he cannot make the call, that it has to be me… I went back home and called the customer service line for the 5th time, spoke with Lou, and I asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. Of course, they see the note, and she said she is very knowledgeable on unlocking phones, and tried to do another way which was unsuccessful again. I cooperated and I know she is just trying to solve it and not transfer the call anymore to the supervisor but seeing it still did not work, I repeated myself and said, please, let me talk to a higher one, and so I was transferred to the manager, some wait time again, and so I spoke with Christian, said is one of the managers there. Same thing again and again, telling me issue will be escalated, I do not know how many escalations it should go when this is my 5th call. He tried to cut me short because I am already so frustrated telling me “Rest assured Maam, it will be unlocked in 24 hours”. The exact same thing Diane, the representative I spoke to yesterday, said. I asked, “if this is still unlocked, who else should I talk to? Should I call and look for you?”.. and just said the same thing, “rest assured…” I’m getting tired of the promises. 2 days passed and I am already giving up because they will just keep me waiting for another 24 hours, my precious time has been wasted too much. I wanted to call that manager for him to know, but my husband stopped me cause I already am stressing on this for half a month. I believe there is a problem and I was cooperating and willing to find out the problem, but I never got the help I needed and it’s more frustrating that I do not know where to go anymore because even in person, I felt I was declined to be helped. This is TMobile’s service to former customers.

Nabil Alethari

I strongly advise against using T-Mobile branches, as I have personally experienced being scammed twice at their locations in Vienna and Tyson Mall (Virginia). On the second occasions, I purchased a Samsung Watch with the understanding that I could use it as a standalone mobile device, leaving my Samsung Mobile at home. The employees assured me that I only needed to pay an additional $15 per month for this service, in addition to my regular plan. However, after a few months of paying for the service without using it, I attempted to make a call from my watch and discovered it didn't work. Several days later, I received a call from a woman claiming to be from T-Mobile's highest management staff. She informed me that I could not use the service separately from my mobile device and that I would need to pay an extra $5 per month to do so. Furthermore, she stated that I could not return the watch, and they were unable to investigate the circumstances under which the service was sold to me. This situation left me with two options: either pay $20 per month for the service or continue paying $15 every month for a service I cannot use. This is a highly unreasonable situation, especially considering that I could get a full data line from Mint for the same $15 cost. It's disappointing to encounter such scam-like tactics from the branches and witness the careless policy employed by the parent company. I believe these practices are unethical and exploitative. I hope that everyone dealing with T-Mobile is fully aware of the risks and potential scams involved. Please exercise caution when interacting with them, if you must deal with them at all.

Angelia Spivey

Angelia Spivey Lubbock Tx . Should be able to pick 0. Of course the customer is never right apparently. I don’t think anything they said was true first, there was a free tablet that cost $200 which I found out it was not free and then it was too late to return it. They offered to trade in the phone there’s a commercial for the free iPhone 14 when you trade in your phone so they take away your phone and now you owe $800 they tell me it’s going to be $170 a month the bill is $240 a month and i have called over and over and over and they say they just haven’t put it in there yet. Or Cameron just put it in wrong. They’re going to fix it,. it just so frustrates me when people lie to sell you terrible service can only get the Internet sitting underneath the Internet when phones are supposed to have their own spot don’t switch so miss you AT&T even got the insurance OK it’s $200 to replace the phone, the broken equipment

Nathan Tibbs Calhoun, GA

Terrible company I tried back in may to get a prepaid account couldn't get one so I canceled cause my phone company wouldn't unlock my phone and they said they cancelled then a month later I was billed $55.39 I went back and forth with T-Mobile they asked for my phone number I'd never had a number with them and stuff they asked what number I was trying to transfer so I gave him the number that I was trying to transfer I gave him all my email addresses everything home address and my social security number and they said that oh none of the information they had on file none of it okay now it's been 3 months later 3 months later or 2 months later something like that and I get a bill for $200 and some dollars saying protect my credit blah blah blah and stuff and then I need to pay it off because my fee the bill whatever is saying that I was late and so they closed out my service my account so anyways we called T-Mobile we went back and forth for like two or three hours and everything just back and forth back and forth back and forth and stuff gave him the account number on the bill that they gave me oh they couldn't find anything well first they're like okay what's your login and all your information and stuff didn't know because I never created an account and stuff may I ask do you know your pen I said no I never created a pen I've never created an account so then they said okay well we can't get into the account but there's an account here so then they transfer us to another department same thing back and forth back and forth back and forth they couldn't get in and so then all of a sudden they transferred to somebody else bang for a bag and forth back and forth with them all sudden oh we can't find an account and data da duh that an account doesn't exist here and everything and yet houses and count doesn't exist when let's see I got a notice in the mail for $200 and some dollars that's owed and they took out $55.39 out of my bank account for an account this is crazy.

Lina Leesburg, VA

I went to t mobile i got some divices from them , but i cancelled everything before the 14 days terminated , they told me before i sign up with them , if i want to cancel all my money will be returned if i do cancel before the 14 days , i didnt like their services , i cancelled , but never got my money back , they took my the money from my account , and never want to return it back , customer every time iam calling they are saying that i will have the refund , now its been 3 mobths didnt receive any thing. I would never recommande them . They stole my money , i return the divices , never received my refund for it .

Dywane Butler Mobile, AL

Not good for truck drivers it buffers often it looses signal. To be America's largest network they have more dead zones then metro which works much better traveling. And it doesn't work that good at home. Yes the data is unlimited and you get 50 gigs of Hotspot per line but if it's gonna buffer all the time even with good signal and drop calls it's worthless. I need better service or refund all of my money monthly payments and sign up cost. Because this is not what I signed up for I was promised more and better service. Metro pcs was better they just didn't offer 50 gigs of Hotspot and data speeds slow down but no dropped calls or unexpected buffering. Just horrible for a large network. You have sprint, metro pcs, and your own network and still you have dropped calls and buffering videos what the hell.

Giavanna Duran Hamilton, WKO

Needs to be lower than 1 star rating. If you are MILITARY do not, I repeat DO NOT use T-Mobile. Worst company horrible technical problems customer service disconnects and never calls back keeps you on hold for an hour or more for an issue they caused. I purchased international plans for them to say I didn’t even though I have a text confirming I have the plan. They do not take ownership of their mistakes but try to blame the customer. Refunds are near impossible when they are at fault. I spend hours on the phone try to resolve issues with service issues. When I’m home or overseas my service sucks. Doesn’t matter how much more I pay. I had unlimited calling overseas they charged me. Imagine being away from your child and instead of calling them having to wait on hold because they refuse to do the right thing. It’s sick. They do not support the service members STAY AWAY!!!!

Vic G Chandler, AZ

It seems as T-mobile needs to train there techs better in troubleshooting issues. For the past week they have been trying to figure out how to unlock my device from there Network (Phone is Unlocked). Therefore, I cannot transfer my device to another provider. The device itself has no issues nor is there any outstanding balances. All the requirements have been made to do the transfer but yet they say they can not figure out the issue. On my last call with them which was a day ago they informed me that I would have to wait another five days so that they can put on another ticket so they can try to resolve this issue once again. I did ask the tech why it would take so long when they should have all the resources they need after all its locked to their Network. The reply was that they have a different procedure for customers who buy their phones through T-Mobile than those who buy them through a third party which who they still partner with. At some point they will have to be held responsible.

Kay Young Houston, TX

We have been a T-Mobile customer for several years until this week. Several months ago we started having trouble making phone calls from home and we couldn’t get internet service in the car in the middle of Houston. Two days ago we changed our service to Cricket and T-Mobile told us that we needed to pay off my husband’s phone which was $62.35 and then they would unlock his phone. We paid that and they refused to unlock the phone and said it would be 24-72 hours. Today we went into Cricket and the story now changed that we had to pay the monthly amt for both phones in the amt of $60. We have had auto pay for several years and we just paid our monthly bill by auto draft on June 28. We should only have paid for 13 days service but T-Mobile used EXTORTION to make this payment so they would unlock the phone. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VERY INCOMPETENT AND CORRUPT COMPANY!!!

Troy Carlyle Navarre, FL

I have simplified the details of my experience somewhat for brevity. I called to order an iPhone with a great offer on a trade in. The very friendly agent upsold me home internet and said he would throw in a free Samsung tablet, the only attached string being an additional $5 per month for the added cellular service. My cellular bill was a plan that cost $55 per month, and the internet service was to be $30. With a very generous trade in credit of $830, I was pleased with the deal. My total monthly bill, which includes a $20 per month protection plan and a senior discount was to be $97. The agent sent me to docusign to sign the paperwork and almost immediately asked me what was taking me so long. I told him it was a lot of paperwork to read, and he urged, “don’t read, just sign.” That should have been a red flag. Over the next few days, I began to get emails that did not look at all like what I had been told, so I started calling. Over the next few weeks, I talked to at least a dozen different agents, all of whom seemed very kind and helpful, and all of whom assured me that I should ignore the emails and my online account details. They said they were still processing my trade in and several promised further deep discounts on my plan to make up for the confusion. On one of these calls, I informed the agent that I had been approved for the federal Affordable Connectivity Program, which pays internet providers $30 toward the invoice for selected people. The agent kindly informed me that while T-Mobile does not honor this program, he would issue a monthly credit to my account for a minimum of $30 (probably more, he assured) to make up for it. Now I was expecting a bill of around $67 monthly, and I was very pleased. Today marked 27 days from my purchase date, and I once again made one of my routine calls to hopefully get reassured once again that all of the promises made by a dozen agents were, in fact, true. It turns out nothing I had been told by any of them even remotely resembled the truth. My plan was not $55, it was $75. The tablet (a worthless 4G 32 gb and very slow and glitchy device whose operating system and included apps already maxed out its memory) was not free and required a $20 per month 5G contract. That’s right. They required me to get a 5G plan for a device that can’t even access it! My total monthly bill? $137, which is a whopping $40 over the price that included the now-cancelled protection plan, and that’s not even accounting for my alleged $30 internet credit. This is the bill for a single line, home internet, and a tablet I can’t even use. There was no internet credit, no special offers. Not. A. Single. Thing. Was. True. So I asked the agent if I could just cancel everything and return it all, since I’m still within 30 days of purchase, and she informed me that the return period had expired two days ago. So a dozen agents consistently lied to me for 27 days, and the moment it’s too late to return anything, they drop the hammer and tell the truth. This is no coincidence. T-Mobile is a planned and carefully orchestrated criminal enterprise. I promise the moment my contract is up, I will never do business with them again.

Amanda George IL

I have used t mobile in the past. I switched from Verizon and loved it for the first couple months. Then they started adding on a bunch of hidden fees even for things you don't use. the employees just care about making money off sales. They will lie to you to make the sale.

Ken Starr Sarasota, FL

I was initially interested in the Essentials 55 plan for $40/month with auto bill pay. The sales representative showed me, in writing, how I could get many more features, plus a free phone, for $55/month (via monthly reduction of the cost of the phone for 24 months), with the Go5G 55 plan. After signing up for the more costly plan, I learned that some of the features I had been promised were not included in that plan; they were only available on the Go5G Plus 55 plan, which would cost $70/month. I went back to the retail store three times, spoke with the sales rep and the store manager, who both assured me they would "fix" the problem. I later found out they had changed my plan to Go5G Plus 55 without my permission. I than phoned T-Mobile and spoke with two individuals (one being a manager) and was told the only thing they could do for me was to switch me back to the Go5G 55 plan, without the previously promised features. I have not been using T-Mobile long enough to comment on the wireless service.

Kurt Greenville, OH

ADVICE: if you think about switching from Spectrum to T-Mobile, don't do it!!!! If you think Spectrum is bad - T-Mobile is 1000 times worse. I wanted to switch with my Internet from Spectrum to T-Mobile (I heard some good things about the service from some people in the Dayton area who use it and the price with lifelong price lock is also a big PRO), so I got their "magic box" from their store in Greenville, Ohio. Bad thing: the service was bad, VERY low speed, got kicked off many times, re-boot, etc. - HORRIBLE!!! So I brought the box back after 3 days (test period without charge is 14 days!), got the money refunded I paid when I signed up and thought, that's it. OK... not really... in.June I received a text message from T-Mobile "Thanks for your payment"... I checked my account and they took the monthly fee of $50 out of my account. When I went back to the store, I learned that the geniuses there somehow forgot to cancel the phone-number that was associated with the Internet-Box. They said that they fixed it and a few days later the $50 were refunded. So... now it should be OK, you think... think again... on 7/3/23 I received a) a new bill from T-Mobile and b) a letter from the Debt Collector AllianceOne because of $50 I allegedly owe to T-Mobile. In my 15 years with Spectrum, I NEVER had such a trouble like I have now with T-Mobile. Yes, they raise the price every year, the customer service sucks, but they don't play such games - and the speed is really good and the Internet service is reliable. It turned out that the geniuses in the Greenville, Ohio T-Mobile shop screwed up twice! After phone calls with the customer care department/financial department (this whole crap wasted about 3 hours of my time - so far... plus the geniuses at the Greenville store threw me out. Reason: they said I "threatened" them - OK.. I said I'll report it to the BBB, which wasn't a threat - it was a promise, and my right! And these geniuses pretended that they didn't do anything wrong...) it turned out that they first didn't cancel the phone number that was associated with the internet box when I returned this crap and secondly when they canceled it after the first illegal charge they canceled it per June 20 instead of per the day of return. So, not very smart.... But T-mobile itself is IMO a very shady company itself! They sent out the notice that I "owe" them $50 on June 22 (one day after I received the refund for the illegally withdrawn money). The letter of the debt collection company was dated 6/26. So, these IMO very shady people sent out the letter to me and at the same time they transferred it to the debt collection. Shouldn't you first get a bill and in case you don't pay it, THEN and JUST THEN (maybe after 30 days or so - and only if you didn't dispute the bill) it should go to a debt collector? Bottom line: stay away from T-Mobile where lack of knowledge (to say it very politely) meets IMO very shady behavior...

11 months ago Edited July 6, 2023

Michael Kosh Edmonds, WA

I got a T-Mobile data plan, no contract, cancel anytime. The offer included a free tablet (a cheap Alcatel one) which I didn't need. The sales rep did NOT explain that the tablet IS on a contract (24 months) and cancelling the service entails paying the remaining "balance" on the "free" tablet. Although I can return the unused tablet, they will not budge. They also declined to check the recording (from 7 months ago) to confirm that there was no mention of this contract. Either sneaky by design or they need to train their customer reps better. I sure hope someone will take them to court for this type of misrepresentations.

Mindy Clarke Tacoma, WA

The best cell phone provider, I have used many and I feel they are the best for the money. I never drop calls, and have even had service in an elevator.

Ron Griffin Marietta, GA

NO ACCOUNTABILITY- Keep Charging My Account off their employees errors. I have been with this company for over 7 years and it has failed me huge recently! First of all, the customer service people or whoever handles your account when you call in or go in for something NEVER documents anything! So when you ask them to go and review it they say. "Well, we don't have it in the notes so it never happened." Are you serious!! I purchased a Z-fold. This is almost a 2000 dollar phone. Who DOESN"T add insurance to this. I told the guy to do it. I found out later he never did. I lost my phone a little while later and they tell me I don't have insurance so it's a TOTAL LOSS. I raised a big stink about it and thought it was handled. Come to find out recently not only did they keep charging me for the phone (which I called in plenty of times and nobody ever told me about). They were STILL charging me for the LINE to the phone! They knew the phone was gone and never disconnected the line! So I find out last week that I paid 900 dollars towards a phone I don't have because they failed to apply the insurance when I requested it. And on top of that the line every month. They offered me 65 dollars which was a slap in the face and previous something to the tune of 150 several months ago but they kept charging me for everything! Everytime I go talk to them and I even had people around me saying, I remember you yelling at them about the insurance, or I remember you telling them to cancel the line... They never did any of it, they didnt document it and they keep charging me for it all and nobody will step into help. They have this fraudulent notating system that doesn't serve it's purpose at all. They just do whatever they want. They never tried to offer another phone, fix the insurance issue... NOTHING!

Kevin Ortiz

T-Mobile in Puerto Rico is not what it is in the states. The coverage is not what you would expect. Their downfall is definitely inside buildings where the coverage suffers significantly. The Internet data speeds are fast but useless if you tend to need your phone inside buildings For work or college. I was forced to switch carriers on 2014, and have not looked back ever cents. I have to say that the customer service was good and the offers and promotions were very attractive. And the most recent years I have seen that the bundle offers are even better but Still having family with Tmobile. I can see their struggles inside buildings with Data Coverage.

Michele Dezuzio St Louis, MO

Their service has been reliable for the 3 years I have been with them. My phone has been working well and my upgrade deal is very helpful by including the price in my monthly bill.

Jennie Iannaci Kansas City, MO

I want to compliment the T-Mobile staff at the Chouteau Trafficway store, specifically manager Drae and sales reps Codee and Zach. Outstanding customer support and patience!! Bravo!!!

bherring001@tx.rr.com Arlington, TX

Liz at the N. Collins location in Arlington Tx, is outstanding! Great personality, Knew exactly what I needed and handled my problem with ease! Quick, easy, and with a smile! Thanks Liz!

LaVerne Smarse Aurora, CO

When I joined I got a crappy phone... Gal. A32 5g( that can't be updated). Wouldn't work in stores or on walks... Blank spots. Dimmed, sounds would affect up. It would turn off on its on. I got the run around in the store about it was just the call towers. Don't care for their Tuesday stuff. Recently I went to the store at the mall in fort Collins, Colorado. A very helpful young man named Brandon helped. Got to switch my phone to one I already had that actually worked. The other store told me I couldn't. My daughter got a different one. We missed the warranty by a week... Because the other store said we couldn't do anything. No matter how we complained. Not happy.

Lisa Chesterfield, MO

I was a Sprint customer who had great service. Although, I must say, Tmobile does have good customer service in the phone rep dept,. The signal goes in/ out and often cant speak / text others vis my cell phones ,.... while in my home! Other than coverage issues, Tmobile has been a good company.

1 year ago Edited April 14, 2023

Garry M Jensen Beach, FL

I have been a customer of -T-mobile for years. They improved over time but after I opened my business I tried their 5G internet service. I want to be clear the 5G with a good signal is pretty good for the money. It is their lies from technical support that bother me. T-mobile for business has a filter in the router that blocks you from using any apps on your smart tv. I needed it for my business. They assured me it as an easy fix and all they had to do was take the filter off the router. They lied, lett me hanging for 15 days with no straight answer and harmed my business by not being straight with me. They left me vulnerable with my security because I didn't want to install equipment until I wa confident in their promise to give me what I needed. No phone calls from their team, no reports on their escalation, zero contact and I spent hours on the phone with them and called over 10 times complaing. They just left me hang until I got fed up and returned the equipment. I also called my business representative and left messages with no return calls asking him for help. This is why I am writing this., If you have a businees think twice. Plus the router goes to sleep after a while and data stops flowing if it is not being used.

Lisa Owsley Warrenton, MO

They allowed my account to be breached by their staff and I have no idea when. A nice honest rep over the weekend actually listened after 9 months of me complaining and noticed I mentioned I was the only authorized representative for my account EVER. He noticed there was a man listed on my account as being authorized also. I had never even heard of the man he told us the name and removed this mans access to my account and information. Unfortunately, I only learned this after another device was assigned to my daughters line that I was not aware of which rendered her phone useless, she then ended up losing her job because we had no idea what happened, she ended up getting another account and now she will not speak to me over this. Come to find out it was because she lost service when someone put their Note 10 on her line with her phone. Unfortunately I have no idea how long this has been going on, what I do know is it appears this issue has cost me a fortune. I can't tell if we have no WIFI access on our phones because of the update or my account breach. I can say it is across platforms. I can not say it was because TMOBILE is either to lazy to fix this issue because when I went to do it because their staff is not phone literate in the manor of understanding that WIFI is not a direct connect the same way that our phones connect to a mobile network and are separate yet combined, bridged really. I simply needed to reassign my SIM back onto my WIFI network as it appears lost, there is nothing there which rendered my MAC useless also. No SIM no MAC DUH. To do this it says I HAVE TO CALL IN. It's times like this I wish I had temporary access to their accounts so I could just do it myself and go on with MY DAY. Nope, I have to be a circus monkey first. I call, they tell me it's an issue with my router at home which, BTW, I was surfing the net on my HOME COMPUTER while waiting for them on my WIFI NETWORK that I can not connect 6 TMOBILE phones to. ONLY TMOBILE, just so you all understand. I could say it's a home issue had my HOME NOT BEEN UP AND RUNNING. I even reset the router in the event it was a compatibility issue for a resolution. I check out what is working and not. I notice every time I go to connect it dumps my network, this is a new issue and exclusive to my phone, not the others, What they all have in common it connected but not internet connection. I get the SIMS numbers and call in :{ I hate calling in. they never would do it, still haven't. Their resolve, go into the store so they can type into the WIFI my SIMS because they can't do those things at TMOBILE when you call in {yet oddly enough that's what it directed me to do}. they tell me it's a service issue. NO, it's a network issue when it crossed platforms and the SIMS for the WIFI is not identified, it is NO LONGER THERE to connect to!!!! HELLO!!! ANYONE??? So if any real tech person does get this, NO SIMS FOR WIFI NO MAC EITHER. If an actual tech person does see this, would you please, for the love of GOD, I need to assign 2 phones I know of, 3 are done because they were I Phones. Samsung or TMOBILE which one I'm not sure will not allow me to assign the sims back myself. Also, I am tired of driving 30 minutes one way and paying for the gas when I should only have to call.

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

I've had great experience with T-Mobile. Their services are great. Plus, they have plans for all budgets. Their customer service is exceptional. Most of so i appreciated the discount to sign up for Auto-Pay

Matt Marion, NY

Really no different than any of the other cell service providers. Their 5G map was likely "colored in" by marketing people trying to sell you on the company because after a 2k mile drive through the USA I can tell you there was NOT 5G coverage in 90% of the area I travelled through that they claimed. I have yet to speak to a single person in the USA when I call for help even though the salesman at the store told me how there was a brand new support center being opened in our local city of Rochester. The people are nice, but they all read from the same script, and when they ask me how I like T-Mobile so far they're all so sorry that I am not happy. They all then promise to be back in touch with me to improve the service...but no calls. As for their "switch to us and we'll pay you money" programs...took over three months to finally get it sorted out. As I mentioned, not a bad company, but they're no different than Verizon or the rest...fancy salesmen, international tech support and mediocre service with lots of hidden rules in the fine print.

Blake Bronson Dallas, TX

I had an agent named Tracyanne and she helped me so thoroughly with my issue and I would really love to connect with her again. If your reading this tracy send your business card to my number I never received your text. - B

William Walters Seattle, WA

The t moble store in Pocatello I give them a 10 out of 10 they hooked me up was so good to us even when I was in a rush they are awesome I give them the best of the best thanks t moble .

R Albin Fairfield, IL

I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T for my iPhone 6 months ago. AT&T's service coverage was terrible in many of the areas I travel. And I was tired of the "rip-off" of their post-paid plans. T-Mobile offers great Pre-paid plans at great prices with lots of data for streaming. However, T-Mobile's coverage is even worse than AT&T's coverage! So, after 6 months of weak signals and dropped calls, I decided to move to Verizon. Well, just as AT&T, T-Mobile makes it almost impossible to port your number to your new provider - requiring a special "port your number PIN," which they make it almost impossible to obtain! And... their corporate stores - refuse to help you obtain the "special port PIN!" Just another attempt to try to prevent you from leaving. Well - I'm now with Verizon - and the service is way, way superior to either AT&T or T-Mobile. Don't waste your time and frustration with the others - just make sure you get the Verizon coverage, whether that's with Verizon, or Straight Talk, or Mint, or whatever - make sure you have the Verizon towers / network - and you will be a happy camper!