The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs. Some customers felt that the service was a little pricey compared to other pest control companies, but would sign up with the company again due to the reduction of pests on their property.

Here's a bit about the company:

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only their customers but their employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution and strives to keep your home pest free all year-round. Aptive boasts that its progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee has helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Daycare centers
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Negative Reviews
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide any other services. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Negative Reviews

Several customers have complained about Aptive's high prices, pushy sales reps, and a $200+ cancellation fee.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 26 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

Overall, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Cecile Peters
July 19th, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS

I am pleased to share that Fabian B is a excellent representative of the Aptive Team. He was professional yet friendly. He freely engaged in conversation during his service. He was not able to service the outside of the house due to the rain. He assured me that another request for service would be automatically scheduled based upon the notes he would enter. Fabian was most attentive to his task. Not once did I have to say “ You missed an area.” . As a customer, I appreciated this thoroughness. His performance and technique, should be shared with other technicians to model. Great job Fabain. Keep up the good work!! Cecile Peters

Kf
July 19th, 2019 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

Great service, however I wish my service person would have come to my door BEFORE spraying. I have a dog that is outside that I need to bring into the house before service. He did not do that.

Barb T
July 19th, 2019 West Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I called the day before the appointment to say Aptive MUST call before arriving and going in the backyard as I have a dog and if the gate is left open my dog will run away. I was assured that the technician would call 1/2 hour before arriving. That did not happen. I went out through my garage to put trash in a can and was surprised to see the technician in the backyard spraying and the gate was wide open. FORTUNATELY my dog was inside the house at the time. The technician was more than apologetic and I find no fault with him. He stated that he was never told to contact me before arriving or entering the yard. I must emphasize that the technician apologized multiple times and again before he left. My disappointment is not with him...it is with the company's apparent inability to pass such an important instruction on to the technician. I was going to refer your company to my neighbor but I won't be doing that now as she has 4 dogs. If any such issue arises again, I will be canceling my service. .

Rachel
July 19th, 2019 Northbrook, IL DETAILS

The representative that came to my home (I forgot his name) was very nice. He was new and really tried hard to please. I feel that he did a good job and completed it in a timely manner. He was very professional.

Samantha W.
July 19th, 2019 Montgomery, TX DETAILS

The technician Julian arrived promptly and was courteous and thorough when explaining everything that he was going to do during the appointment. He treated the entire inside of the house as well as the exterior, yard and garage. He was here for quite awhile making sure that the job was done correctly and completely. Very satisfied with our experience.

DC Gallock
July 19th, 2019 Henderson, NV

A salesperson showed up at my front door last night saying "please step out of your house." We were shocked!!! When we refused, he walked away stating "I don't talk to people through doors." Aptive needs to train their salespeople. In this day and age for someone to show up at our front door and say "please step outside" is equivalent to saying "I want to harm you and get access to your house so open the door and let me...a complete stranger...into your house. Ironically we do need a pest control service but it will never be Aptive.

Jul 19, 2019

So sorry to hear this! We do not condone this type of behavior and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Wishing you the best!

Christian Poe
July 19th, 2019 Chino Hills, CA DETAILS

Lance is a total professional! I challenge you to hire more employee's of his caliber.. From the time he knocked on the door to the time he left. He did outstanding 👍. I am ex-military so when a young man replies with yes Sir and no Sir It means a lot to me. He showed total respect and that is the main issue I see with this younger generation of people. As for the product, it works great all the bugs I'm seeing are on their back dead! Thank you being a place of integrity!

Michael
July 19th, 2019 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

The technicians are great but I don’t think they have the knowledge or equipment to properly handle scorpions. I can get sprayed one day and see scorpions running around the day after. The only thing I find that works is the spraying will kill the bugs the scorpions eat so they disappear for about a week. If I had to have a respray every time I found a scorpion someone would be out here once a week.

Scott
July 19th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS

Friendly knowledgeable guy. Explained everything. Very pleased.

Ingridgray
July 19th, 2019 Richmond, TX

Very professional and polite .He showed how the product worked and I actually saw how it was working.I appreciated the fact that being a referral customer I was compensated for that as well as the person who referred me

Ed S.
July 19th, 2019 Carmel, IN DETAILS

Mr. Brandon G performed our initial pest treatment earlier this week. He arrived within the scheduled time slot and was polite and professional. He performed all of the activities prescribed in my contract with Aptive plus a few others I hadn't anticipated. For example, he cleaned the area around the garage window that had accumulated dead insect bodies and spider webs. He also found a few wasp nests that I had not noticed and removed them. I was pleased with his service.

william Ray
July 19th, 2019 New Berlin, WI DETAILS

Alex did an exceptional job in addressing all my concerns. He was VERY thorough in treating the areas that have been problematic for me. This was my best experience since starting your service. Please make him our permanent service person - I'll wait for his availability thanks

Samantha
July 19th, 2019 Delray Beach, FL DETAILS

The service we had today was great! Steven knew what he was doing and provided great customer service. Only thing I would say is if the technician knows that the customer has multiple dogs that when leaving he should close the gates for the backyard to how they were before he was there.

sg
July 19th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Great Job !!! Very personable Explained everything in detail answered any questions and addressed any thing I was concerned about

Jul 19, 2019

What could we have done better? 1/5 start leads us to believe that you were unsatisfied with the service we provided?

Margaret Fedora
July 19th, 2019 Tinley Park, IL DETAILS

The service tech did a good job and is very pleased with the service. He told me about the ant nest in the front yard hose cart and did spray to get rid of the ants. Very pleased with the service this morning.

Martin
July 19th, 2019 Holtsville, NY DETAILS

Your Technician, Vlad, was to my house for a kitchen ant problem. He was very courteous and knowledgeable and gave me a pointer how I could help reduce future problems.

Laura D
July 19th, 2019 Akron, OH

The kid that came out was very nice and he was even early

Barton Hege
July 19th, 2019 Argyle, TX

Ralph introduced himself, very polite young man. Told me what he was going to do after I told him about the problem areas. Did his treatments and knocked down some spider webs and muddaubers. Hopefully, it'll all go well. My first/free treatment went fine but results only lasted 2 weeks. When I called for a retreatment they billed me and started the quarterly. I didn't expect the quarterly to start until 3 months afte the first treatment. Hopefully,​ all goes well.

Kent Whitten
July 19th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Recently I had the pleasure of meeting the Aptive Tech, Mr. Phillip B. He was very nice and professional. Normally I am not home when Aptive treat my property and you sometimes wonder if they have been at the residence. At one time they would place a sign on the lawn denoting that they were there. Mr. B rung the door bell to let me know he was about to perform the services and had a very pleasant demeanor .

dennis kleiber
July 19th, 2019 Waldwick, NJ

My technician Ferney V L was very informative on each step he did. I am hoping he is the one coming back for my follow-ups since he knows the problem areas. It was a pleasure dealing with Mr. L.

Mel
July 19th, 2019 Georgetown, TX

Fabian M came and did a great job telling us what he was going to do and asked if we needed any thing else. Thanks

Sue D
July 19th, 2019 Avon, OH DETAILS

Awesome job ! Always kind and polite ! Would recommend to anyone !

Eric
July 19th, 2019 Rockaway, NJ

John B was great! I felt very comfortable with what he was doing and he explained everything thoroughly!

Alan
July 19th, 2019 Syracuse, UT DETAILS

Jerry did an exceptionally good job for us today. While we always receive great service, Jerry really impressed us. He thoroughly swept the front porch, back porch and under the back porch for webs and wasps. He also swept around our shed, reporting that there were quite a few nests around it. We really appreciated the highly professional and effective job that Jerry performed.

Aaron Boucher
July 19th, 2019 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS

I watched on video how the rep was there for less then 5 minutes and walked from my front yard into the backyard and didn't do anything. I still have spider webs and nothing was sprayed. At least do something for $100

Jul 19, 2019

Aaron, this is not okay. Will you please DM us this video on Facebook so we can take disciplinary action? In the meantime, please reach out to the local branch so we can get you set up for a free reservice. Thanks in advance!

Valerie Spencer
July 19th, 2019 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

My tech was very informative, efficient and friendly. He gave me tips on cutting down the amount of spiders and their webs. More to the point, he took his time with me explaining what he was going to do. He came late in the afternoon on a very hot and humid day but did not rush. A+++

K. Bornes Jr.
July 19th, 2019 Rosharon, TX

The technician was very thorough at his job.

Roger
July 19th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Aundre O arrived and went immediately to work - verified the exact service that was purchased and needed and proceeded to complete it all. Asked immediately upon arrive if any pets in the household and took care to inform me what was being done and where the pesticide was being placed. It was a pleasure haaving him treat the home.

Robert duncan
July 19th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

He was very attentive to our needs. We have a pet and he was very aware of our situation. He also explain some different laws regarding spraying regulations.

Sarah Hadley
July 19th, 2019 The Colony, TX DETAILS

It’s been a year since starting service with Aptive and I completely satisfied. They are prompt, efficient , professional and knowledgeable. Thank you so much.

Me
July 19th, 2019 Christiana, TN

Everything about the service was great! He came exactly when promised, very nice and respectful. Held a great conversation and was very informative with every question that I had.

Cynthia
July 19th, 2019 Franklin, WI DETAILS

The technician was very helpful explaining . He was very pleasant. I hope he comes back every time to do my services..

Tien Do
July 19th, 2019 Morgan Hill, CA

your technician is doing very good , he is helpful.

S. J. Berkley
July 19th, 2019 Burleson, TX DETAILS

Fernando was our sales rep. He was professional and knowledgeable. A good salesman. Alex was our technician today. He arrived on time and presented himself and Aptive in a very professional manner. He clearly explained what he was going to do and made sure that I understood. He asked several times times if I had any questions. I believe he performed our service with care and thoroughness. He checked in with me when he was done and again made sure I understood what was done and what would happen next. He told me if we saw any bugs between treatments to call immediately. I am impressed with the caliber of employees with Aptive. Alex is exceptional. I give him an A+.

John Prostka
July 19th, 2019 Garnet Valley, PA DETAILS

I'm sorry that I don't remember my technician's name. He did an OUTSTANDING job! Thanks, jp

Andrew Bunting
July 19th, 2019 Fulshear, TX

He did his job at his best. We are happy with the service provided today. We will see if your services provide us with less spiders, etc, in about a week. ABC sucked. Thanks

Brad Duncan
July 19th, 2019 Imperial, MO DETAILS

He was very polite, friendly and informative. He explained what the treatment was treating and how it works.

HYUN S LEE
July 19th, 2019 Centreville, VA

Eduard V was very knowledgeable of what he was doing making it very convenient for me. I didn't have to do anything and he made sure to do a great job on his own. Overall I would rate my experience 5/5.

Tiffany Diaz
July 19th, 2019 Addison, IL DETAILS

I love how easy it is to report a problem. I just sent a few pictures of the ants and within 30 seconds had scheduled service. You guys came out right away and I appreciate it

Katherine Morton
July 19th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Tim was awesome!! He was thorough and polite.

Mary Winter
July 19th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

My technician was Jace W. He was on time and very polite. Jace answered all my questions. He preformed his work efficiently.

Denise
July 19th, 2019 Thousand Oaks, CA

He was thorough, polite and accommodating. Thank you, DENISE KINNEY

Jim
July 19th, 2019 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS

While the technician was here, he only treated/surveyed the outside. Never came inside the house or garage. I was also under the impression that there would be a 30 day follow up, which I understand that’s the purpose of today’s visit, however, it’s now 45-60 since the initial treatment, not 30 days. And why a treatment so soon so that another charge is made? Not pleased with overall service. Not pleased with technician. Is he new? Perhaps he was nervous, he was jittery.

Jul 19, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jim. Please reach out to the local branch so we can set you up for a free reservice. We definitely want to get you taken care of.

Lee Pattison
July 19th, 2019 Clarkston, MI DETAILS

Did a great job, personable, and came early :)

Nick Serna
July 19th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

It was totally painless and efficient. I really liked that David G took the time to show me wasp nests that I didn't know I had and asked that I watch how he destroyed them and had wasps falling like meteors. It was AWESOME! Thanks David, would like for him to be our regular technician.

t sprung
July 19th, 2019 Islip Terrace, NY DETAILS

very professional and pleasant technician- he arrived on time and did a thorough job

Jerry Kimble
July 19th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Great job, the young man did a complete coverage both outside and inside. Very polite and represented your company in a very professional manner.

thomas tramantano jr
July 19th, 2019 Cortlandt Manor, NY

He was very nice and helpful. Thank you.

ADRIENNE ZEIGER
July 19th, 2019 Bellevue, WA DETAILS

Excellent service. Technician was helpful, friendly and professional. W have been receiving your service quarterly for some time and have not had any problems with insects or bugs.

Alin Sarrafi
July 19th, 2019 Ladera Ranch, CA DETAILS

Today your person has done a very good job. Thanks