Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: January 25th, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

bookmark

Featured Review

Mike Parsons Sandusky, MI

Enrico has serviced the house on a number of occasions and done an A+ job...Even making a special trip to treat an ant issue👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bookmark

Featured Review

Deborah Brooksville, FL

I answered the door and thought, another sales pitch. Was I ever wrong. This was a down to earth, comfortable conversation with a smile as big as joy can show. Holly (sp) was knowledgeable, professional, patient as she came back later, not pushing and so showed the company goal of customer satisfaction . Would have to give her a ten out of ten if anyone is keeping track😁 Nigeria came today to start the initial treatment for the bug problem we have. He was just great, being professional, courteous, thorough, recommended helpful things going forward. Spent extra time hitting each fire ant pocket and several times asked if he could help with any other needs. Do you score 200 on a 100 scale? Thanks Nigeria.

Anna Vessa New Jersey

Customer Review Video

Jet Channelview, TX

Great service from Mohammed today! He serviced the discussed areas around the house and in the garage, treated the yard and flower beds for pests, took care of a wasps nest and even sent pics of specific areas with notes. Highly recommended! Thanks Mohammed!!

Marc S. Abingdon, MD

The company is very efficient and flexible in setting and following up on appointments. Our recent service was provided by Timothy G and he did an excellent job treating all the areas of our home that we were concerned about,

Nate Jones San Antonio, TX

The team at Aptive Environmental always do a great job! They call before they arrive, let you know when they are there and let you know what they did before they leave. Cory F came by again yesterday and he does an exceptional job. Takes his time and is respectuful of your home 10 out of 10!! I highly recommend Aptive Environmental!

Deborah Johns Canonsburg, PA

I feel that I am good hands with your service. Jamie M gave detailed explanations of all the service that she was providing today. As a detailed person, that is SO important to me. Her professionalism and courtesy was very appreciated.

Elm M FL

Great job. Friendly folks. Know what they're talking about. They do regular spraying and ask if there's any bug in particular you'd like to spray for too (for free). They even help me figure out what bug it is when I don't know the name. One time when I kept finding ants in my house even after they sprayed, they came back again for free. They treated again and used extra stuff to make sure the ants stayed out. Bugs only came back that one time. And they got rid of them. I do recommend!

Cathy Padilla Carson, CA

Very professional! Friendly! Greet you when they arrive and say good bye when leaving. That way you know they’re on you property. Thorough and spend time getting cob webs off porch and overhang. Had their services for over a year and NO BUGS, ANTS, etc. We have a few spiders, but we have many plants, roses, flower beds. So that is expected! Deserving of 5 Stars. I respect a Company that survey’s their workers, who represent their company

Jessica Erbentraut Rockaway, NJ

Thomas J from Aptive was excellent! He called ahead of his arrival, was informative of the products he would be using on the exterior of my house. He asked if I had any issues with pests that he would need to adjust what products he would be using or if he needed to tend to any specific areas. Even though the NJ weather was cold and uncomfortable, Thomas was efficient in his job and very friendly!

Park Sarah Pittsburgh, PA

My name is Sarah Andrew S came and did wonderful job!!! He has professional knowledge and sense and performing job wonderfully!!! Results can tell the truth. I am happy without bugs😊

6 hours ago

Krystal Sifuentez San Antonio, TX

My name is Krystal S. and my service pro today was Seth D. He did an AWESOME job with communicating with me and met my specific request of what I expected from his service. Great job Seth and keep it up!

23 hours ago

Leah S. Rochester, MI

Aptive is reliable and professional. Pest control issues at our have been resolved by continued teaming with Aptive services. The technicians that come are friendly and pleasant.

Kate Treasure San Francisco, CA

Maurice C did our quarterly service today. He was very personable and explained that he would be using powder today due to the cold temperature. I appreciated his professional manner.

John Hedges Cedar Park, TX

Joel S performed our quarterly treatment today and did a fantastic job. He was very courteous as well as highly attentive to areas of concern and applied all product in a thorough and consistent manner. Hope to get him again for future treatments.

Edward St. Croix Deerfield Beach, FL

Alban was very explanation and conscientious in his service today. I explained the situation with ants and he applied a disciplined approach to dealing with the pests. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate Alban a 12. Interpersonal, articulate and customer satisfaction focused. Clone more techs like him.

Bryan Peterson Herriman, UT

A sales rep came to my door a few years ago and gave a discount for signing up and thing went well. Until it was at the end of the contract. The CC I used expired before the last payment went out, and instead of calling and asking for the new number, they sent me to collections. When I called aptive to talk to them about it, the rep confirmed that no calls were made regarding the payment. I found out about it because I got a collections notice. The service was alright, although i found it a little expensive, and after them sending me to collections, I won't ever use them or recommend them again

Becki Myers West Bloomfield, MI

This service is very effective and friendly. The tech that performed the service today (Chenelle E) was fantastic. The weather was not nice out but she was very friendly, upbeat, and thorough with what needed to be done along with making sure I was comfortable with what was being performed and if I had any concerns. Since we have used Aptive we have had no pest issues and they even clean the high up areas of cobwebs that can be troublesome for homeowners to get to regularly.

E. B. Miami, FL

Pierre H was the Technician that provided service on December 16th 2021 and did an AMAZING! job. Pierre was polite, courteous, professional, extremely thorough and, exceeded my expectations; the service Pierre provided was far and above what I had expected! Pierre took his time carefully inspecting and treating not only the areas that I had concerns about but also the areas that he believed were needed to be treated regarding the information that I had given him. Pierre listened to my concerns and gave me educational feedback as well! The quality of service and professionalism that my technician Pierre Hamel provided for my service on December 16th 2021 should be a setting example of how all technicians for Aptive Pest Control should go by. If I could give this person 20 Stars I would and, I would hope that I could keep this technician as the technician that comes for my reoccurring treatments and service.

Malcolm Archer Algonquin, IL

I was thoroughly impressed with the detail at which the Aptive representative (LeeAnn, I believe?) carried out this quarterly edition of cobweb removal + preventative insect spraying/maintenance. Very detailed and patient - from the work/applications both inside and outside of the house, to kindly responding to my "touch-up" requests and her explanation of everything that was done and what it's intended to do for bug/insect prevention. This visit was a blueprint for how a paid service should be carried out. We've been waffling on whether or not to cancel our quarterly Aptive service, but I'm 'apt' to keep it in place if this is the type of service that will be provided ongoing. Keep up the good work and commitment to customer service!

Marcia Kritikos Hendersonville, TN

Technician called before he came. He was prompt and asked if we had any specific problem areas. He was very professional and thorough. Thank you Jesse.

4 hours ago

FTL1172 Severna Park, MD

Very friendly technician, Kaylee. She explained all the work she was gonna perform and took the time to listen to my concerns. Great work. Highly recommended!!

5 hours ago

Diane Dallas, TX

Aptive is always very nice and gets right to work where I want them to spray. Thanks to my quarterly services with Aptive, I don’t have an insect problem!

Donut Ossining, NY

The technician arrived on time, explained the process, was very knowledgeable and patient for all questions. He completed all the explained tasks Jared was terrific

Shawna Roberts Dunellen, NJ

THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. If you are looking for any kind of pest control RUN from this company. I contacted them because a rat problem that we had after we purchased our new house. They came and said that the first visit was free. When the guy came to my house he did not have the equipment needed to handle the rat issue. He told us that he would have to come back. That same tech did not come though, a different one did, and then tried to charge me because he came out, and for the equipment. I explained that that was not what was explained to me, and even though he did come the first time he did not do anything except put 3 sticky traps out in the open in the backyard, which I had to move because our dog's paw got stuck to it. I explained that he did not finish his job the first time, so why I am paying for the 2nd visit? The tech was very nice but the manager was horrible and never even contacted me back when I reached out, as well as the tech himself. They didn't leave anything to help with our rat problem and we went to Walmart and tried to do it ourselves. They then tried to come on some random date and contacted me saying they were coming. He was informed that I didn't want ay service from them and that we were not even in the country. He came on out property anyway and then charged us for it. Due to horrible service and my complaints they cancelled my service, but still tried to charge me for their employee's trespassing on private property. I been in contact with them 5 times, and NO ONE as contacted me back. To top it off my credit has been affected, because while trying to handle this the charge was sent to collections. I will be contacting the better business bureau. THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST!!!!!!

Mikel Kent Bethel Park, PA

Aptive is a good choice for any homeowner. We like the service and are happy with the results. Technicians listen to areas of concern and address issues.

Karen Indianapolis, IN

The worker was very informative. He explained everything he did and did a thorough job of spraying inside my home. He also explained everything he did on the outside of the house and showed me the products he used.

Kyndra Antioch, CA

Grant was the guy who came out to our home, he was great and very attentive. Grant explained everything thoroughly. He was all around good to do business with!

sharen D sorrick Antioch, CA

we forgot our appointment, and I called and they rescheduled right away. Same tec came out the next day and redid the back yard. Our tec was Grant R, very polite.

yennifer jorge Miami, FL

Honestly this company sucks at planning and schedule based on personal time allowance.. however AUSTIN is the best guy they got!! Super friendly & knowledgeable

Carolyn Meyer Medina, OH

Employees are always very knowledgeable, courteous & capable! No matter what the weather they are on time & happy to treat any problems you might have.

Sandre Minneapolis, MN

Aptive is a great company! I would highly recommend them, given the opportunity. William Y went above and beyond, very knowledgeable, extremely pleasant and went above and beyond

Ann Lake Zurich, IL

Aptive’s service representative are consistently courteous, attentive and thorough with all components of each home service, including extra services I request within minutes of their arrivals. I highly recommend Aptive!

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

The product is really good. We have seen a very dramatic decrease in spiders in our home after treatments. And the field reps are very nice and respectful. They are expensive if you can't get on a really good deal. The initial prices are sky high, but the reps will always come down on price eventually.

Kenyana D. Mableton, GA

The technician was was professional and extremely thorough. He explained the process of treatment and helped me understand why he was applying the way he did. He expressed how much he loved his job and it showed through his work ethic.

Joseph Edwards San Antonio, TX

My technician, Alex, was prompt, thorough and very professional. I truly believe that he is the finest service tech, of any type, that I have had in my home for many years. I hope that he is the same technician for any future service calls to my house. Joe E.

Joanne Nicoletti Pittsburgh, PA

The technicians are great, especially the two gentlemen who were at my home this morning. Very attentive to my concerns and offered additional recommendations. I like the verbal report when they are finished. Also note I gave my new Discover card information with the last visit so it would be on file for automatic payment.

Clarissa Garza

The young gentleman was very polite and thorough about what he was going to be doing today. When he left, he went over the payment process once again to assure that I understood. Thank you sir, for your outstanding workmanship!!

Saylor D Herriman, UT

Aptive is always there when we have an issue and is always extremely helpful to us. Every time we've had a pest we've called and they arrived quickly and took care of the problem. The employees are always pleasant to work with and I trust them to do their jobs well.

Evelyn MN

I am so pleased with the professionalism and courteous manners of every technician that's come out to perform their monthly, quarterly, and after winter maintenance. Each has been super informative, and have always asked for insight on what's going on before they start so they know if there is anything specific needing to be targeting. Everyone at the office has also been very helpful and friendly. I couldn't be happier!

Kate Paduchowski Rochester, MI

I've been using Aptive for over a year and have always been happy with my service. Devonte B was wonderful. He let me know when he was arriving and asked if I needed to target anything specific inside the house. When I mentioned I've noticed some spiders by my window, Devonte sprayed and let me know that will do the trick and he went above that to also leave spider traps in case I wanted to use them. Great experience!

John Walter Walnut Creek, CA

I've been using Aptive for about a year now and all of the Service Techs have been attentive, listened to my concerns, and completed the job quickly and thoroughly. Jayelon, the most recently used Service Tech, was no exception. He texted me 30 minutes before arrival, he showed up in the planned arrival window, he was courteous & respectful, and he di a good job. 5-Stars. The overall Aptive experience gets 4 Stars because the scheduling and accuracy of the arrival of the Service Tech is a generous 3 Stars. Prior Service Techs arrived later that the scheduled window timeframe and hadn't called to provide awareness to me(the customer).

Ken G Garland, TX

I have used Aptive for a while now. Used many pest control companies but, they are the Best! My wife and I will not change to another service. When we have any issue, they send somebody right out Without a Charge. Also the technical Johnny is very professional. knowledgeable and great to work with! In my opinion, choosing them will be a great experience!

Kevin Luty Muskego, WI

Extremely friendly and professional group of individuals coming out of the Milwaukee offices to service my home. I highly recommend them! They took care of the ants getting into my house, knocked down and removed wasps nests--you name it! Their website and app need a little beautification but they are operable. The customer support is extremely responsive. You can tell Aptive definitely makes their customers a priority. Thank you for all of your services.

Get New Braunfels, TX

Five stars to AJ! Very professional and polite. Did a complete inside and outside job even thought out was freezing. Thanks for the service.

Justin Mumbower Chicago, IL

Dorien showed up exactly when he said he would and addressed every concern I had about where I wanted my property treated.

Stefanie Boyle Avondale, PA

I received service today from Byron B at Aptive and he was very attentive and professional. He took the time to listen to my concerns and addressed them.

Susanhb CA

Great service by professional and knowledgeable technicians. They have done an outstanding job with controlling pests and spiders. I would highly recommend.

Toby Smith Olathe, KS

Mike Always does a great job, very thorough and if need anything extra done, it's not a problem. I would highly recommend humans the Aptive company for all your pest needs.

kathy1013 Houston, TX

I believe Aptive Environmental does a good job. Always friendly and courteous. Follows instructions and their product works. My only complaint is they are a little pricey. But I would still recommend them.