Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.7

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

Founded in 2015, the company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Hawx Pest Control Logo
#1 Hawx Pest Control chevron_right
Alta Pest Control Logo
#4 Alta Pest Control chevron_right

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive Reservice Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets
  • Aptive Reviews

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive Reservice Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assesments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

David Splett Seattle, WA

Aptive Environmental is a company I have just started with. This has been their third visit to my home. This company has done a wonderful job and the gentalmen that have come out are very professional. I have only been with one other pest control company to compair pricing and Aptive Environmental has very reasonable pricing for all they do! Thanks again!

rob brown Spring Hill, TN

Aptive has serviced my house for about 3 yrs and have controlled the pest issues I was having previously. There have been a few times after a treatment I would still see an issue, but their free reservice always fixed the problem. Their customer service is also helpful and friendly.

Cathy Tomball, TX

First of all- GREAT RESULTS! I can’t say enough about the whole staff! They are always friendly, courteous and take the time to listen to my concerns. They always alert me before they get to my house, and we talk before they leave to make sure I am happy with their visit. Thank you Aptive for my bug free home and yard!

BR Valencia, CA

They always check in before they arrive, take the time to listen to any new concerns that may have come up since the last time they were there, and then they actually address each new or current need right then and there! It’s like they are ready to handle anything.

Tripp Plyler Atlanta, GA

Aptiva will do you right. One month they came out and we had heavy rain and it washed away the pesticide. They wound up coming out two more times to put the barrier down around the house and did not charge us extra for the service even though that second time was just days away from the scheduled service. They are worth giving a chance.

sam brandt San Antonio, TX

The Aptive Representative, Trey, not only was efficient, professional and polite, but made me laugh after a long hard day. He was amazing! The service is quick, and I have no problems with pests around my home.

23 hours ago

Sally Haskin Indianapolis, IN

The personal attention each Representative gives. They encourage you to voice your concerns and get straight to work to resolving the issue or give you an explanation of what the situation actually is. From the phone Reprep to the Technician, this company delivers. Thank you.

Riccardo Verdecia Sr

I’d like to commend Aptive technician Aaron G for his excellent performance yesterday September 2 2022 in my property, Aaron’s attention to detail answering specific questions and hard-work thereafter while on the premises in my opinion is a testament to his dedication and integrity. Aaron is an asset to Aptive, and I’d love to have him back on my next schedule service, thank you Aaron for your hard work and honesty.

Cheryl westrom Walnut Creek, CA

We have been using aptive for 3 years now and Sommer is by far the best representative we have had to date. She is friendly, thorough, communicates her arrival and departure information in a very timely fashion. She is professional and clearly takes pride in her work. I enjoy having the same representative each application and she has been the best one to date.

Ryann Moore Vancouver, WA

I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied in the service provided my Aptive Environmental. I have made multiple complaints regarding the worthless service rendered on my property to address a rat and mice problem in my backyard. My cat continues to bring half dead rats/mice into my home and is doing a better job than Aptive at addressing the problem. A technician randomly contacted me on 9/21 stating they would be providing another service and I informed them that I was out of town and when I would return. The technician came to my home anyway and completed an unapproved service in my front yard only due to not having access to my backyard (the issues is not in my front yard) then next thing I know I was charged for the unapproved service. Now Aptive Environmental is refusing to issue me a full refund for this unapproved “service.” Not acceptable. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They do not communicate well, their remedies are ineffective for rats and rodents, they are unprofessional, and they will not honor their 10/10 customer experience rating guarantee. Horrible experience overall.

1 day ago

Melida escoto Dallas, GA

I liked how the technician introduced himself very kindly and in the end he came and explained to me all the work he did. I am satisfied with his work.

Tricia Melbourne, FL

I really appreciate that you give me ample notification for when you are coming and allow me to make special requests such as coming inside to spray occasionally. The technicians are always polite and service oriented.

Pnolan Rochester, MI

They come when they say they are coming. Send text and phone the day before they come. Have not seen a bug or spider since they began there applications. A little pricey, but worth it.

Rosanne Dwyer Moorpark, CA

I have been a customer of Aptive for many years now. Today Evan C came out and did my quarterly treatment. Evan was very kind and knowledgeable. He took care of everything and was very efficiant!

MW North Richland Hills, TX

Happy customer. Our tech is professional, polite and thorough. The company will consolidate appointments for when services are most needed. First time I've seen water bugs vacate the house and pile up. One scoop and done.

Adela Aldaco Las Vegas, NV

The staff is amazing, for the most part I always have the same team member come out to my home and spray which makes it easier for me not hat having to explain what I’d like done. Ken is one of their staff members and is very professional , friendly and does an amazing job every time he comes to my home.

Alice Winton Canton, GA

I have been using Aptive Environmental about 10 years.. I am very satisfied with the service. They address my issues with spiders each time the technician comes. The technicians are well trained, friendly, curious,and efficient. I really like the pictures they take of the treatment cites I highly recommend Aptive Environmental if you are looking for a total Pest Control company who will treat you like family from the scheduling staff to the technicians.

Melissa Russo-Franco Oakland, NJ

We had the lovely Aniya F come to our home yesterday. She texted us before she arrived and then spoke with my husband and addressed all our issues. She even sent pictures and gave a full report of what she did at our home. I was at work so it was super helpful to know what she did while I was gone. Service was impeccable and hopefully all the ants will be gone from our trampoline in the next few days!

Theresa Elgin, IL

We had serious ant issues! I’m talking large ant hills in the front, back and side yards. Ants all over the yard and sidewalks, even in our house. After 2 applications the problem is so much better. The ant hills are gone in the front and sides ( I haven’t walked the backyard, but I feel confident that they’re gone too). I was a bit skeptical when they came to my door to pitch their service (we have been burned badly by a siding company that folded before the job was finished). I am glad we decided to try Aptive, their communication is great - they respond quickly to texts/calls and they have done an amazing job!

Yuliya Filippova NA

Customer Review Video

Michelle Duncan NA

Customer Review Video

Michael Furlow Rockwood, MI

Technician called me at 10:30 never showed up called the office he said he be right here never showed up call the office they said somebody would call me back never did call the office got hung up on when I asked for a supervisor and he said he was one call back again and have to wait until tomorrow or the next day for them to call me back when their job wasn’t done right the first time zero stars would not recommend!!!!!!

Jessica Nossaman McKinney, TX

Continued Excellent Service! Active technicians have been providing stellar service for us over the past few years. Very thorough and professional.

Nina Alvarez Thousand Oaks, CA

Tech let me know they were on their way, knocked upon arrival to discuss any concerns and answer questions. They preformed the service quickly, efficiently and effectively.

Manuel Gonzales Dallas, TX

Bastien with Aptive was great! He was very thorough, listened to our concerns, and addressed our questions. His communication was also top-notch. Thank you!

Denise Thompson Winter Garden, FL

Employees are extremely friendly and attentive to all your concerns and needs. They ask you to point out any issues or areas that you have been having problems with before starting.

Mike Oklahoma City, OK

They listen to my concerns about the problems I'm having and explain in detail how it can be resolved. The one thing I wish that could be change is a shorter or a more specific time they will be there.

Carl Keene Naperville, IL

Tech Leonard was friendly, considerate and knowledgeable. He took the time to listen and understand my needs. I have experienced consistently high service from Aptive over time and recommend their business.

Patricia Fairfield, CA

I am notified when the technicians will be arriving in advance. The technicians are all friendly, helpful and thorough. Tim was our technician yesterday. We are very pleased with our service.

Allison Powers Olathe, KS

Aptive has been a great company for us, always on time, always professional, friendly and detail oriented. Every time we have our property taken care of, we can expect the best from them!!! Love this company!!

erika douglas Pittsburgh, PA

We had a great experience. Our service professional, Joe, started by texting me to alert me that he was on his way, and the service itself was extremely thorough. He followed up via text with photos and relevant info related to our service. I would highly recommend Aptive, and especially Joe!

Renee Santa Clarita, CA

I like that they personally get ahold of me each time they come to service my house and ask me what I need. I like that I can call/text the technician with any questions and they answer right away. There’s no automated phone line I have to go through to finally speak to a human. It’s very personal. The best customer service!

Robert D Ocala, FL

In the past year, Aptive Environmental has been servicing our property and has beed doing an excellent job. Each technician has been polite, courteous and informative as to work being performed. We have been satisfied with the service and highly recommend them.

tyedyeshelley Bixby, OK

Very friendly staff and totally explained everything! Answered all my questions and took care of all the pest problems! Gave me advice on uncluttering to keep mice out and other things I could do to help myself! Very professional! I am pleased! Thank you

Jan Hernandez Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Aptive is very responsive to my asks, when brought to their attention regarding specific issues, resolution is fast, effective and appropriate. I have complete confidence my needs will be addressed and resolution will on spot.

Kim Sugar Land, TX

The people who come out to do the work are always friendly and professional. Once, I had to reschedule an appt for an upcoming service date and sent an email to customer service like the instructions said to do if needing to cancel or reschedule (I had called by phone but could not reach someone due to wait times) but then when the old service date came where I was not available, they still came out to do the appt. I had wanted to be there. Not sure what the miscommunication was. Other than that, I have no issues with them.

Amy Chandarlis Fort Worth, TX

Aptive has always been friendly, efficient and communicative. I have never had an issue with them! In between treatments I had an influx of fire ants. I called the office and they had someone out to treat the ants the next day!

Rr R Chesterfield, NJ

New customer so I do not yet know how effective the service will be but the rep who came out for initial treatment was on time, very friendly, and seemed knowledgeable about what he was doing. Tech communicated well about when he was coming and what he was going to do. So far so good.

J C West Covina, CA

Aprive is very professional. Customer service is excellent, service itself is excellent, tech people are excellent. The account manager keeps you up to date on when your service is coming up and answers any questions you might have. Her response time is immediate. I highly recommend Aptive for all your pest control needs!

Natalie Fox Pittsburgh, PA

They were doing work in my neighborhood and showed up at my door. Luckily I had been having bug issues for a while and it was right time and place. They did a treatment that day and even took out a wasp nest for me! I see a lot of dead bugs on my front porch but a little cleaning and hopefully none come back! I’m excited to see the progress for future treatments!

Deloris Johnson Bixby, OK

I love love love Elizabeth. She is very thorough and very professional. I am requesting to have Elizabeth for all my future services please please. Also I have asked several times time'to have my appointments set from 8a-10a but so far I have been ignored. I need this issue resolved please!

Monica Anders San Antonio, TX

Provider lets me know in advance he is coming and afterwards leaves me a message detailing what areas he covered and what he found. That lets me know where I have any continuing issues. Additionally, he sprays areas that I would not think of such as house gutters. Great customer service!

Alaina Bell Forney, TX

Aptive is quick to come out to handle any pest issues we might have. Their service personnel are always polite, professional, and do excellent jobs in a very timely manner. They complete tasks in a timely manner and bring attention to things we might not have noticed. Aptive has the best Fire Ant control/killer that we have ever been aware of!! It truly works!! We are very pleased with Aptive and rate them above excellent!!

Ashley Envieh Granada Hills, CA

Leroy came to treat our home for our routine pest control appointment. He's been our technician before and always goes above and beyond! I mentioned we'd been seeing more ants lately, likely due to the summer weather, and he spent extra time treating the areas I pointed out and adjusted the products he used for maximum impact. We always appreciate his attention to detail!

HSL Argyle, TX

I was out of town and my daughter was home. I was so concerned but my concerns were unfounded. The person who came out was extremely professional and was very courteous to my daughter. She said she at no time felt unsafe. Huge plus for me as I was in Lubbock worrying. He made sure my gates were locked to prevent my fur babies from getting out and even sent pics of what he did. I have never been so pleased and assured that I have picked the best company for this service. Overall, a big 10 out of 10. Thank you!!!!

Jill Becenti Akron, OH

Aptive Environmental has been a wonderful company to work with. They do a fantastic job of letting you know when they will be coming out, the tech for that visit always knocks at the door at their arrival and lets us know they are there. They ask if there are any specific bugs you are having difficulty with and ensure that the treatment include spray to target that type of bug. Everyone I have worked with has been very kind and professional.

sarahshmarah Riverside, CA

I’ve been using Aptive for about 4 years now. When we first moved into our home we discovered we had a HUGE ant problem, and tons of widow spiders all around the property. Couldn’t get rid of them no matter what. Called Aptive and the ants were GONE after the first visit and the spider sightings are few and far between now. And I know that if I do get any unwelcome pests that show up between scheduled service appointments, all I have to do is call and they’ll be there at no extra charge. The service technicians are always friendly, knowledgeable and courteous.

Vincent Houston, TX

The Rep was exceptionally professional. We texted prior to his arrival and I expressed my interests for work to be accomplished. Upon a timely arrival, he set out to complete his role. He remembered me from a previous assignment to my residence, which is a plus. Fast, efficient, professional, and a positive attitude. Rating: 10 (Exceptionally Satisfied.)

Kathe Lomax Pearland, TX

Beaumont was very professional and friendly. He made sure all the corners were swept, and the wasp nests were destroyed. I’m allergic to the strings so I’m always worried about the little buggers. He made sure the wasps and spiders were gone. You can send him to do my residence anytime. You are very lucky to have such a conscientious employee in your organization.

LHursey Lake Zurich, IL

Very courteous; great communication to advise me of when they will be here a few days before and the day of. Plus the technician will call the day of application to give you an estimated time. The most important experience is that there are no spiders, stink bugs, etc, in my house since they spray around the perimeter of my house. Their service is well worth the price.