The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs. Some customers felt that the service was a little pricey compared to other pest control companies, but would sign up with the company again due to the reduction of pests on their property.

Here's a bit about the company:

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only their customers but their employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution and strives to keep your home pest free all year-round. Aptive boasts that its progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee has helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Daycare centers
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Negative Reviews
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide any other services. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Negative Reviews

Several customers have complained about Aptive's high prices, pushy sales reps, and a $200+ cancellation fee.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 26 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

Overall, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Pat
July 19th, 2019 Naperville, IL DETAILS

Thank you for a job well done Amanda. I haven’t seen any spiders or ants around the house.

Jerry
July 19th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Gabriela was very friendly and asked if I had any concerns or problem areas.

Charlotte Contreras
July 19th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

I like the service, but encourage management to ensure scheduling of appointments guarantees technician’s arrival within the 2 hour window, not after.

Kip Cazier
July 19th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Nice and professional personality. She did her job

Joni
July 19th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

Prompt, friendly, professional and reliable.

Wesley Arthur
July 19th, 2019 Smyrna, TN DETAILS

Found cobwebs by front door nats 2 feet off driveway. Cobwebs on deck. Palmetto bug by front door

Marilyn Hesche
July 19th, 2019 DETAILS

Nick did a great job! He gave me information about when the next spraying will be done.

Eli Gomez
July 19th, 2019 Converse, TX

Had an initial application for both inside and outside pest control. I had been thinking about having a company start treating my home for sometime now, but hadn't contacted anyone. I decided to go with Aptive cause they caught me at the right time I guess. But after todays customer service by Marques L, I am glad I gave Aptive the chance, he provided Excellent Service and had no problem treating wherever I asked. So thanks Aptive and Marques for the 5 star service that was provided. Eli.

Debra Thompson
July 19th, 2019 Hendersonville, TN

The gentleman was very nice and respectful, but did not get rid of the spider webs on the front porch. Also, we were told under the house would be treated as well, that did not happen either.

Larry Bowler
July 19th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Kobe was awesome. He was very polite and courteous. He explained the service he was going to perform very well. He completed it in a very timely manner but did it efficiently and thoroughly.. Thank you for sending such a great young man to do our service!

Albert Balderas
July 18th, 2019 Upland, CA

This is my first time using aptive. Very pleased so far. You have knowledgeable Technicians. Professional and easy to work with.

Mrs Linda Borden
July 18th, 2019 Monument, CO

Our technician named Bo N was prompt, courteous, very personable & sincere, intelligent & goal directed, aspiring, honest, and thorough. I recommended to him to wear LEATHER GLOVES, and to ‘always’ wear safety GOGGLES when dusting windows to protect his eyes! He did not have rodent bait boxes like salesman described, but hand placed the bait where it was safe from our Golden Retriever’s reach. We put our dog into her crate while he was assessing house. She couldn’t look out the windows. The blinds were closed & TV on. So this may be a good recommendation for all clients!

Gary Whitney
July 18th, 2019 Portland, OR

the first time here and today was the first day hard to say but the technition was wonderful and very polite

Jene K.
July 18th, 2019 Irvine, CA

The sales gentlemen and the technician were just amazing. Very kind and knowledgeable. I’m so happy I was offered this company’s services. I’m beyond pleased.

David A Danley Ph.D.
July 18th, 2019 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

Joseph was courteous and very helpful. He listened to our concerns regarding the scorpions we found inside our house. He offered advice and provided glue traps and powder to try to alleviate our problem. Unfortunately, the last person before him was so fast and cursory that we believe that is why we found scorpions so soon after the other man's visit. Also, the other guy failed to do my office/study we he was here and that is where I found a baby scorpion awhile after his visit. But, Joseph, thankfully took the Necessary time to treat our home properly; and, hopefully, prevent another call-out to our home.

Cathy
July 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Aptive keeps track of my scheduled services and let me know of date of service. Technician was on time and completed service quickly. I am very happy with the results of Aptive Environmental services.

Darcy
July 18th, 2019 McKinney, TX DETAILS

I had my quarterly service today and was gone while the technician came - when I got home I went out to see if they got the wasp nest I had noticed a few days ago and it was still there. It makes me question how good of a sweep they are doing considering this is out in plain sight. Not impressed this time around.

Jul 19, 2019

Sorry to hear this, Darcy. Please reach out to the branch so we can set up a free reservice for you.

Larry Szczepanski
July 18th, 2019 Berea, OH DETAILS

Technician gave prompt and friendly service. Thank you

MARK WYNNE
July 18th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Micheal O is outstanding, he was prompt, patient, knowledgeable and answered all my questions.

Sunflower
July 18th, 2019 Alvord, TX DETAILS

Very polite. Did what he needed to do and said good by.

Jim Vigus
July 18th, 2019 Livermore, CA

We were told by your sales rep that they would spray 3 ft. Up from the base of the house and 3 ft. out. Also that the fence line would be sprayed. This was not done.

Jim B
July 18th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

Very efficient and professional. I told him our ant problem seems to have resolved thanks to Aptive. He was very friendly and reminded me that I could call at any time for a retreatment if needed.

Mike Neely
July 18th, 2019 Akron, OH

Real gentleman, very informative, and curious, and not pushy

J W
July 18th, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS

Came in early morning, we could have him to have treatment in our garage.

Nancy Lerro
July 18th, 2019 DETAILS

the service man was very knowledgeable, polite and did an excellent job.

Karen H
July 18th, 2019 Belton, TX DETAILS

Josiah M did a great job explaining what he was putting down and how long it would last. He offered to reschedule when he came earlier than expected. He encouraged me to contact for a re-treatment because of all of our spiders.

William bryan
July 18th, 2019 Acworth, GA DETAILS

Joey was on time and very through. I was notified before his arrival Nd before he left he explained what he had done.

Donovan Bryan
July 18th, 2019 Burleson, TX

Always get messege that gate to back is locked. When is not. Tech did not look. As soon as i am able will drop service

Jul 19, 2019

Donovan, please reach out to the branch so we can set up a free reservice. Thanks in advance!

Jimi
July 18th, 2019 Tustin, CA DETAILS

John H was extremely professional and thorough. My only concern is that service was scheduled out 8 days after i called with a concern of spiders both inside and out. As a customer I would like to see a maximum of 3 to 4 days.

Sandra Cleveland
July 18th, 2019 Andover, MN DETAILS

Bridget seems to know what she's doing and knows what to look for. Has good suggestions and advise.

DIANN DENNISON
July 18th, 2019 North Ridgeville, OH DETAILS

THERE WAS NO CALL AGAIN BEFORE YOU CAME AS I WOULD OF CANCELLED THE SERVICE. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME SOMEONE CAME WITHOUT NOTICE. I CALLED TO CANCEL THE SERVICE WITH TONIA I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS A 200.00 FEE I SAID FINE CANCEL I WILL PAY IT. I GO INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT AND YOU HAVE TAKEN ANOTHER 105.00 OUT FOR MONTHLY SERVICE. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE YOU TO COME OUT AND I HAVE NO IDEA YOU ACTUALLY DID WHAT YOU SAY YOU DID AS I WASN'T HERE TO WITNESS. THIS IS FRAUD BY ALL MEANS OF THE WORD. WHEN I CALLED AGAIN I WAN NOW TOLD THAT I HAVE TO PAY THE 105 IN ADDITION TO THE 200.00. WHY I DID NOT AUTHORIZE YOU TO COME HERE TODAY.

Jul 19, 2019

Diann, please reach out to the local branch so we can get this taken care of. Thanks in advance!

Michael
July 18th, 2019 Morrisville, PA DETAILS

Steve A was professional, very accommodating, accomplished all the work promised, and welcomed the opportunity to do any additional services that I might deem necessary. He called prior to his visit and arrived on time. He provided outstanding service!!

Joyce
July 18th, 2019 Elburn, IL DETAILS

Since the first treatment I have not seen even one bug in the house. The problem I had with large ants on the deck is gone. I am very pleased.

Jessica
July 18th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Technician was informative and observant

Elaine Hegedus
July 18th, 2019 Royersford, PA DETAILS

Your agent was very pleasant and helpful. He rang the bell to let me know that he was here and, I told him he did not have to let me know when he finished. I could see him working. He did a good job. Thank you

Eileen
July 18th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN

Logan was great...!did the treatment and went over everything with me before and after!!!

Robert
July 18th, 2019 Littleton, CO

David showed up as scheduled and spent time with us explaining what treatments he would be doing and asked if we were having any other issues. Very professional and thorough... We've just started the service so can't comment on product effectiveness but seems what we've ordered and what we got is just what we needed. Also appreciate intro offer!

Armando
July 18th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

Raymond C was great, very informative and patient with which a great first impression.

john beard
July 18th, 2019 Mason, OH DETAILS

The technician was friendly and the service is good to keep pests away.

Chad Clay
July 18th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Absolutely awful! Your “experienced tech” comes out to “treat” our house, calls me, asks me where the problem areas are, and then does NOTHING! Absolutely everything that you guys write “ insert lie here” It’s a friggin wasp nest! My kids WILL NOT go out side because they have gotten stung or bit. I have a beautiful back yard and they won’t use it. We will not be customers much longer. As this is an ongoing problem with your techs not doing what I pay for.

Jul 19, 2019

So sorry to hear this, Chad. Please contact the local branch so we can come back out and properly service your home. Thanks in advance!

Phyllis D Willis
July 18th, 2019 Sandy, TX DETAILS

The tech was very knowledgeable, friendly, my dog liked him and he helped me to understand more about pests and different options for treating my home. The rep who scheduled my treatment was great and better than the 1st person who didn't enter an exact time for the tech to arrive and didn't give a 30 min heads up call either.

Monica Kirk
July 18th, 2019 Belle Mead, NJ DETAILS

Justin P did an excellent job. I don't see any creepy crawlers or ticks on me or my cats.

Ray Follador
July 18th, 2019 Harrison City, PA

I'm happy with the initial treatment and how promptly it was performed.

Andrew Stathis
July 18th, 2019 Livermore, CA DETAILS

Erik (I do not know his last name) was the technician sent to our home on 07/17/19. I told him of my spider problem, showed him where all the spider webs were, and told him what I expected of him. I stayed in the backyard while he did his job in case he had anymore questions for me, Erik was very meticulous in his job, especially when it came to my 19 flower pots. I am thoroughly satisfied with the job he did for me, and thus satisfied with Aptive Environmental. I would like Erik to have my house assigned to him when further pest-control work is required. Andy S

JRAleck
July 18th, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS

According to my wife, Corey K was extremely nice, polite, professional and went beyond just doing what needs to be done. Thanks Cory!

Robert Dinschel
July 18th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS

Very good! Straight and to the point. Wasps nest completly gone

Patti
July 18th, 2019 Asbury Park, NJ DETAILS

Matt was great, very friendly and a good representative for your company. He did the job he was called to do and was very efficient.

Jim soliz
July 18th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Johnathan came to the house Tuesday the 16h he was very polite as we talked about our pets. I watched as he treated the house and yard and it seemed to me that he did an excellent job ! I thanked him before he left as we talked about our pets again and informed me to keep them inside for a couple of hours until the yard treat dried . I thanked him again before he left . He did a great job !

Paula Bloomer
July 18th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Ms. T was very professional and did a great job.

Alyson W.
July 18th, 2019 Converse, TX

I'm Alyson W., Mike S was our service man. This is our first experience with Aptive and Mike did a fabulous job at our home. He professional and respectful. I love him. Thank you...........Aly