The majority of Aptive reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home’s unique needs. Some customers felt that the service was a little pricey compared to other pest control companies, but would sign up with the company again due to the reduction of pests on their property.

Here's a bit about the company:

Aptive Environmental was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. Pearson continues to lead the company and is a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only their customers but their employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor’s "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution and strives to keep your home pest free all year-round. Aptive boasts that its progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee has helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing pest control services in North America.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive’s Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Customer safety is at the forefront of Aptive’s business structure. The company aims to provide customers with a pest control solution that poses little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough inspection of a homeowner’s property by a certified pest specialist. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive’s Guarantee

For most homeowners, it’s not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business.

Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Daycare centers
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's “Nothing But Nets” campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company’s profits to “Nothing But Nets” on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the “Nothing But Nets” campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Negative Reviews
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does provide any other services. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Negative Reviews

Several customers have complained about Aptive's high prices, pushy sales reps, and a $200+ cancellation fee.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 26 states in the United States.

Residents of the following states cannot sign up for Aptive’s services and will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Alaska
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the industry, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service.

Overall, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

Jeremy
July 18th, 2019 Rowlett, TX

Everything was great. We have an area of concern with ants and our technician listened to the concern and concentrated on the area along with everything else.

D Suzuki
July 18th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Kind, courteous and swift service. So far efficient, no pests remained in the house

THOMAS bRENNAN
July 18th, 2019 DETAILS

You are trying VERY hard to lose me as a customer. AGAIN, your tect missed spider webs that were within arms reach, JUST above garage door. If I have to be there and 'HOLD THEIR HAND AS THEY DO THE JOB', I may as well do it myself.

Jul 19, 2019

So sorry about this, Thomas. Will you please contact the local branch so we can come back and finish the job? Thanks in advance!

Lori Roberts
July 18th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Awesome and informative helpful friendly and smart respectful of my barking dog. Nice job!!

Heather
July 18th, 2019 Portland, OR

Signed up & received service the same day.

Tom Trueman
July 18th, 2019 Grosse Pointe, MI DETAILS

Quanzell was on time and showed up for a re-application to my 'second' spray. He is very polite and listened to what i wanted addressed. He took his time and wasn't in a hurry to finish and get to the next job. I hope I get him when the next spray is scheduled. Thanx Quanzell

Demi L.
July 18th, 2019 Westbury, NY DETAILS

The job was well done and he was very thorough. He was also very punctual and professional. As first time customer, we are very pleased with the experience and service Aptive has provided.

Diane Strzelinski
July 18th, 2019 Holbrook, NY DETAILS

Kemar’s performance was outstanding! He explained what he was doing and the steps to take after service was completed. A very thorough job in extremely difficult conditions (weather),

Manuel Perez, Jr
July 18th, 2019 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

Thank you for sending Raina V to do the job. She made it all a pleasant, and professional experience. Please, send her again! Thanks+

CM VV
July 18th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Aptive is reliable and stands behind its "Home of the free reservice". Their Techs are courteous, professional and knowledgeable about the chemicals used in the various treatments. Thank you!!

Vivian
July 18th, 2019 Goodlettsville, TN DETAILS

I cannot even begin to tell you the difference between this worker (Heather) and the rest. She discovered that I definitely have brown recluse spiders in my upstairs home, (a lot of them) which I dwell in and have guests in. She also suggested things that I have never heard suggested before to take care of the problems. I would love to only work with her. Her name is Heather. She was very reassuring and comforting to me. I felt like I finally had a fully complete evaluation of my home. She is great!

Plano Resident
July 18th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

Good work. Thorough. Plus the tech is nice guy. Friendly, courteous, interested in his work.

Jonathan
July 18th, 2019 Ronkonkoma, NY DETAILS

He just came off very friendly and professional.

Rich
July 18th, 2019 Springfield, PA DETAILS

Ricardo, Active Product Treatment Technician, showed up at my house right on time and identified himself. He was very professional, friendly and explained what he was involved with the pest control treatment. Ricardo answered all my questions and assured me that he provide a thorough treatment. This was my first pest control treatment by Aptive and my experience with Aptive and Ricardo was very positive.

Amanda Cox
July 18th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

Aptive Environmental does a great job communicating with clients. I find it very helpful to get a phone call reminding me service is due and also letting me know my technician is on his way. With a hectic schedule it just makes things so much easier for me.

Melvin Bush
July 18th, 2019 Aliquippa, PA DETAILS

Very professional answered all questions courteous

Lisa Levine
July 18th, 2019 Bridgewater, NJ DETAILS

Hi - Our sales person was very professional. And the technician was very friendly and literally showed up the next day.

Craig
July 18th, 2019

I signed up for the service yesterday and promised my first application today between 1-3 pm. Well, I received an email notification explaining in great detail all that was done at my home to include the inside application. I spoke to my wife and she stated that no one ever came to the home to do anything. Is this some sort of scam. I would rate lower if the option was available.

Jul 19, 2019

Craig, please contact the local branch. We definitely want to look further into this. So sorry for the mixup.

Deb
July 18th, 2019 Chagrin Falls, OH

Our technician was thorough and cooperative. Fifteen minutes after he left, we had a torrential down pour. I called customer service to ask if the rain would affect the application. She said that it would if the product didn't have a half hour to dry and should probably be reapplied-free of charge. She scheduled another application. I'm happy about that.

Tom
July 18th, 2019 Lake Orion, MI

did not know you were there and didn't know you would do that kind of work in the rain. I have noticed a reduction in outside pest though, so I am very greatful.

Mitchell Tress
July 18th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Our technician managed to spray the inside and outside of our house in a total time of 16 minutes. It is not possible to complete a satisfactory job in that amount of time. I am not pleased with this service and we still have lots of carpenter ants roaming our house.

Jul 19, 2019

Thanks for letting us know, Mitchell. Please reach out to the local branch so we can schedule a free reservice for you.

Calvin
July 18th, 2019 Marysville, WA DETAILS

Finally after the third time out, I got a good technician who was thorough. Had it not been for him, I would’ve given one star.

Calvin Lettries
July 18th, 2019 La Porte, TX DETAILS

The service is excellent even when you are not home the service tec still commit to excellent service.

Luanne Jorewicz
July 18th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

He told us his chemicals targeted fleas but the list of insects isn't listing fleas. Is it?

Patsy
July 18th, 2019 Missouri City, TX DETAILS

Adam was very nice and did a great job this afternoon.

Shelby Pagano
July 18th, 2019 Ambler, PA DETAILS

No one knocked on my door or left a door hanger. I asked for a specific visit to handle Cicada Killer Wasps at my front door and nothing was done in that area that I can see. I don’t think anyone even came here today. This is a disgrace and I regret my decision to sign a contract with your company. Please call me ASAP.

Jul 19, 2019

Shelby, please reach out to he local branch as soon as you get a chance. We definitely want to make this right.

Michele M
July 18th, 2019 Huntington Station, NY

I have received my second treatment tonite. The first did nothing. I hope this treatment helps!

Charles
July 18th, 2019 Hartland, WI DETAILS

Courteous, professional service. Explained everything and asked if I had questions. I was impressed by the technicians and how they handled themselves. Nice, professional guys.

Pamela J
July 18th, 2019 Katy, TX

Nick was fast, polite and friendly. Thank you for that.

deemar21
July 18th, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Very thorough and answered all my questions.

Glory
July 18th, 2019 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

I’d like to have Raina be environmental tech that comes out always! She’s great!

Ashley Walker
July 18th, 2019 Midlothian, TX DETAILS

Great customer service & professionalisms

Bruce
July 18th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

In the past I have asked on the spot for a renewal of the rodent trap contents and a new rat trap. I was told I needed to make a special appointment this time. Not sure why that is so. I want a re-service and a new rat trap placed.

Jay Medina
July 18th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Luis and Alex were great very professional. Good team. Thank you Jay Medina

Linda Wilson
July 18th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS

I just had the first pest treatment today so I may be premature in giving the company 5 stars; however, I am giving 5 stars because of your sales / service rep and technician (specifically: Amanda O and Tucker H). I was delighted to deal with both employees.. they were polite, respectful, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.. please share my comments with them. Thank you. Linda W.

Mr and Mrs Richard Keelty
July 18th, 2019 Morris Plains, NJ

Professional, friendly, knowledgeable. Explained everything he was going to do. Answered all my questions. Excellent technician Excellent Sales Manager as well,

Pedro Cruz
July 18th, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Tech did a complete job, hitting spots I wouldn’t of even thought of.

Bin
July 18th, 2019 DETAILS

The technician did a great job in serving my house.

Rick
July 18th, 2019 Maple Grove, MN DETAILS

The tech was great ! Super personable guy ! Very happy with how fast you guys came out and your tech did a fantastic job . Highly recommend ! Thank you very much !

Michael Fox
July 18th, 2019 Renton, WA

Bob is a good tech. I think your technicians and sales reps should get together so the techs know what the sales rep promise the customer.

Nicolas Z Lugo
July 18th, 2019 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

Attentive, respectful, professional, efficient as well as proficient, all of which made the experience less stressful, and actually quite pleasantly effortless.

Virginia Rios
July 18th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

yes, out tech was very courteous and accommodating! He went above and beyond to meet my requests and needs.

Michael Darwish
July 18th, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Jeff is a very nice person who does his work the way it should be done without cutting corners. Thank you

Lee
July 18th, 2019 Rochester, MI DETAILS

I haven’t noticed the technicians when they come, I have no bug problems. What more could I ask for.

Candy
July 18th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

The tech did a great and very thorough job..this was a free in between service call but he took time and did a great job !!

Valerie Pearce
July 18th, 2019 Tampa, FL

This is my second treatment and I am very satisfied with the treatment and very satisfied with the service and the way he explained things to me about how the treatments works ,and I needed another treatment feel free to call the service line and they will return. I give the entire service team A+

Mark Matulka
July 18th, 2019 Oregon, WI DETAILS

Frank was a timely, professional, polite, and attentive. A very good technician, thank you for sending him. Mark

L Beck Maxwell
July 18th, 2019 Manvel, TX DETAILS

Zach was very courteous and professional. He completed the backyard and garage in an efficient and thorough manner. This visit was a re-visit since I forgot to unlock the backyard gate and was not at home to assist on the original visit. All a part of Aptive's fantastic service!

Richard Tyska
July 18th, 2019 Randolph Township, NJ

Friendly individual (John B). Took time to answer all questions. Explained details of service, what to expect, and how the quarterly process rolls out. Talked about product usage and how relates to children and pets. John is someone every company should have.

Deborah Ciottariello
July 18th, 2019 Randolph Township, NJ

I was provided a service today as never before. All that was included was never offered by any other company. Spraying around the base of the house. Problem bugs within the house and garage. Also about 30' around perimeter of house for fleas and ticks. I cant be more pleased with the service provided by two young men Jose and Guillermo who were very thorough and courteous...They explained the services and were very knowledgeable They also reminded me that if I see insects after a week and a half I should call them and they would come back free of charge! A happy camper I am!