Insight Pest Solutions

9.1

LAST UPDATED: November 2nd, 2022

Insight Pest Solutions focuses on eliminating unwanted pests but in a way that keeps homes, families, and pets safe. With Insight Pest Solutions, customers can gain peace-of-mind knowing that their home is free from ants, spiders, roaches, mice, bees and wasps. The company hires licensed technicians and encourages them to continue their pest educations by attending the Insight University. Each tech is trained to find safe and effective pest solutions in a variety of situations.

Insight Pest Solutions has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is a part of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), Pest Management Professional (PMP), and the United States Environmental Protection Agency

Read our Insight Pest Control reviews (below) to learn more about this pest control company.

Alta Pest Control Logo
#2 Alta Pest Control chevron_right
Hawx Pest Control Logo
#3 Hawx Pest Control chevron_right

The Good

• Current and New Customer Coupons
  • 5 Guarantees
  • Extra Pest Control Programs

Current and New Customer Coupons

Insight Pest Solutions clients should check out Insight’s coupon page to see if there are any deals to apply to their service. If a coupon has a green check mark on it, Insight will allow customers to combine the coupon with other offers.

For example, Insight offers new customers $45 off termite monitoring (when combined with the general pest control plan). Current customers have the same coupon, but it cannot be applied with other offers.

Customers can also fill out a short survey providing feedback about their technician and their experience with Insight Pest Solutions. They are then entered in the company's quarterly raffle for an iPad Mini or a year of free pest control.

5 Guarantees

Insight Pest Solutions offers its customers five guarantees:

1. Pricing Guarantee — Insight Pest Solution aims to help customers get the best price possible.
  2. Contact Guarantee — Insight’s promise to respond promptly and politely, as well as to not repeatedly call or share clients' personal information.
  3. Re-Treatment Guarantee — If customers have pest issues between quarterly visits, Insight Pest Solutions will send a service professional to perform a re-treatment for free.
  4. Smile Guarantee — Every technician will greet customers with a smile.
  5. Money-Back Guarantee — If Insight Pest Solutions has performed two re-treatments between its regular visits and interior pests are still not controlled, Insight will credit customers back their last payment.

Extra Pest Control Programs

Insight Pest Solutions provides treatments and pest control solutions for the most common pest problems in its regular pest control plan. However, depending on the location, Insight does offer the following add-on programs customers can purchase to target specific issues:

• Termites
  • Ticks and Fleas
  • Rat Control
  • Stink Bugs
  • Fire Ant Infestation

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Undisclosed Information
  • Services Not Available in All States

Negative Reviews

Negative reviews for Insight reveal that customers are unhappy with the company as many felt they were tricked into signing a contract and did not receive the promised quality services. Homeowners also mentioned that the pest control products were ineffective and did not get rid of their problem pests.

A few other reviews mention a cancellation fee that caught a few homeowners off guard. While a cancellation fee is not uncommon within the industry, it is something that the sales rep should be transparent about. Canceling your contract with Insight may cost you at least $100.

Undisclosed Information

For its general pest control program, Insight Pest Solutions offers little information about the plan. The website says the pest control plan covers common ants, spiders, wasps, roaches, termite inspection, and rodents, but does not mention bed bugs, sugar ants, or carpenter ants. And while the company does offer crawl space inspection, it's unclear whether Insight offers lawn treatment or attic service and restoration, and whether its products are pet-safe.

Customers with pest issues can expect an initial treatment followed by quarterly services and a quote can be estimated in as little as two minutes over the phone. While the information is there, it is vaguely described. The site advises customers to call for further details.

Services Not Available in All States

Insight Pest Solutions only offers its pest solutions to 14 states and to ensure customers are getting the right pest control for their area the company advises potential customers to visit the page for the branch nearest their home:

• Colorado
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
  • Washington

The Bottom Line

Insight Pest Solutions is a growing pest control provider that offers a variety of pest services and add-on products. The company focuses on customer service and aims to control pest problems in an effective and timely manner all while keeping families and pets safe from potential health threats and diseases. However, Insight Pest Solutions could provide a little more information about its general pest control plan. This will help customers decide if Insight Pest Solutions is right for them.

View Best Pest Control Companies

Lola Edmond, OK

We had an infestation of brown recluse spiders in our new to us but formerly unoccupied home. They had moved in when the past owners moved out, I presume. The technician, Ricky, came promptly for a first treatment. We have seen a very dramatic decline. The second treatment was today to continue killing any new life cycled ones and any outside hoping to come inside. Ricky notified us 2 times of the treatment and let us know he was on the way. He has been professional, courteous and pleasant. We appreciate him. I don’t actually see any live ones, but I have sticky pads and monitor any thing they capture. Very pleased by the results. We live in a slightly rural area and have all sorts of insects, so we plan to have regular treatment. Lola

Steve Werner Victoria, BC

The representative showed up today for the second time. The first time was very successful in getting rid of the bugs, especially the ants around my house. He is very professional, went all around the house and I’m sure he did an equally good job to the first time.

Nancy Havens Winchendon, MA

In the beginning I wasn't so sure that the non toxic chemicals they use would work, but we gave them a try anyway. I'm so happy that we did. We live in a log cabin in the woods so the bug situation was present. Needless to say they have fixed our carpenter ant problem, ground insect this problem and this summer the handled an aggressive bee situation that everyone had. When I called they came out immediately and came out twice more when the bees came back but just tried to relocate. Because of our contract we never got charged extra, the techs are polite, friendly and very knowledgeable and I strongly recommend this company!!!

John T White Green Bay, WI

Your area rep Zyron that came was very polite, knowledgeable and took his time explaining things to better understand what your services offered. Your technician/ pest control person Mason was outstanding in treatment of our home. He definitely went about his job in a timely and professional way. I will highly recommend Insight Pest Control to my family, neighbors and friends. Thank you

Hanna Limestone, TN

Katie with Insight Pest Solutions did a great job servicing our home! She showed up early and was very polite and respectful of our home. She listened and attended to our concerns in a very timely fashion and was very quick with her job! Thank you Insight!

Norm Staples Boston, MA

I recently had a problem with yellow jackets. Jose came out talked me through his procedure. I saw immediate results the yellow jackets! Jose also saw that woodpeckers were pecking my home and gave me insights on how to drive them away. Thanks Jose!!!!

Tim Nesbitt Appleton, WI

We had our home serviced today. Laraine was outstanding. She definitely did the best job since we have started with the company. She was very thorough with the treatment. Where others have come and gone so fast , she was so very detailed. Thank you !!!

Jamie Barbieri Kirkland, QC

I am so happy with the service and professionalism of Insight Pest Solutions. I was having issues with Carpenter Ants and Costa came to the rescue. He was very courteous and helpful. Not only did he fix the ant problem but he cleared away a wasp nest that I did not even notice! He also cleared away spider webbing that was very high on the house and gave me advice about lighting and ant prevention. Thank you Costa!

Jesse Cole Tulsa, OK

This property hasn't been treated in years and was infested with insects. I tried Orken for 6 months and canceled services. Reason being they wouldn't treat the ant and spider infestation on the entire property. Just 3 feet away from the foundaton. Now, we have "Insight Pest Solutions" for pest control. They came treated the entire property. After the first treatment 95% drop in pests was noticeable. Now we have vouls, moles or a rat. Joshua and Dante arrived and retreated the exterior and laid bait . Joshua is very knowledgeable about pests, very friendly and highly professional, Dante seems to share those traits as well. I've met four technicians with this company, all seem to be professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend this company for your pest control services, they put the customers needs first. Very happy homeowner.

Christina Gering NY

Super helpful company!!! I was having mice issues. Michael from the company came out and found my issues and set traps inside My garage. He went above and beyond. Checked the perimeter of the outside house and left me great instructions on what we should do to help keep the mice outside. Very pleased with this service!

Susan Shearer Springboro, OH

Mike took the time to help me understand the treatments he was doing. He let me know that Insight Pest Solutions was there to make sure our pest control needs were met, and that we were happy with the service. Mike is a professional I can count on to do a great job!

Patrick C Denver, CO

Mason arrived on time and was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He listened to all my concerns, from a moth infestation in the house and occasional mice to spiders and ants, etc. I feel good about choosing Insight Pest Control and was completely satisfied with Mason and his work - what a great guy!

Wendy Tulsa, OK

Byron was very courteous. He listens well and repeated my concerns. As he had completed the service he let me know. He gave me a verbal report that he had not found any areas of concern. I believe INSIGHT service is working well for us!

TattooedStorm Morristown, TN

I can’t comment on the effectiveness of the company and the products used yet. However I can leave a review on my service agent, Katie. The moment she got here I kind of bombarded her with all my issue areas where I am seeing bees, ticks and spiders. She listened to everything I told her and treated all areas including my camper. She knew the answers to my questions about how it worked and when to see a difference and all. One of the products I wanted to know how it killed the ticks and how long it took because I have a bad infestation of them. She was honest and told me she didn’t know the exact timeline breakdown of the product so she gave me the name and I called Bayer headquarters to ask them. We together listened to what the lady told us the information she had. So w broth learned something new! I hope that Katie does come back out to do the treatments for my property as she was very nice, informative and thorough! Thank you Katie!

michael vincent Placerville, CA

Eric F. came out for the initial treatment and did an extensive evaluation and treatment for the concerns we had. Very professional, thorough, and personable. Eric is a military veteran, and as a veteran myself, he delivered service above and beyond what I expected. In hindsight, it was no surprise given the attention to detail I know most military veterans carry forward into their next careers. One last thing…we have cats and dogs; they used products that would not harm our animals. And since they provided service, I have not seen any wasps trying to build nests on our eaves and fences. Couldn’t be happier. I hope others give this company a chance to provide top-shelf service.

William Thompson Lawton, OK

Insight Pest Solutions is the first pest control service I have used in the last 30-40 years that has achieved total control of all pest issues that I have had, and this is no overstatement concerning the effectiveness of their techniques. My tech Drew is a fast, efficient and effective operator, especially with the particularly heavy carpenter bee and carpenter ant infestation of my property. Two weeks after his initial treatment both populations were reduced to zero observables and stayed there for the entire year. This company, and the techs that I have met, definitely know their business, and I’m definitely keeping them on board!

Anonymous Westborough, MA

I've been a customer with Insight for four years. They are very responsive and always available when you need them. They offer a detailed service and they are very careful. The technicians provide excellent service. They are kind and professional, I've had no major issues with them. I really appreciate the peace of mind I get from using this company.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service and with our technicians that they did an amazing job. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Siva

Very trustworthy. They don’t tell me to do any services for the sake of doing it. They let me know if it is really something I need. I definitely trust what they have found because they recommend good services every quarter. Any time I reach out to them, they are responsive and it has been pleasant to talk with them. I am very happy with Insight Pest Solutions. The price is reasonable compared to other services and they have been consistently keeping prices manageable.

Greg

Every time I’ve called, they have been able to quickly help me with my problem. When I need additional service, they work to find the quickest solution and come out without any additional charges. They’ve been very thorough looking for any potential critters around the building. They don’t always follow through to make sure the same service is on our separate garage.

Cathy

They have a very nice and informative website. They've always called me in advance to showing up. They come on time and always finish an excellent job. I have had no problems since they've been taking care of my house. I appreciate their professionalism and use them as a golden standard when I talk to other companies that don't communicate effectively.

Jim Green Bay, WI

A terrible company---'RIPOFFS----took advantage of my 95yr old mother,told her lies on cost and services,no paper work supplied to her to verify anything-charged her $250 to cancel services,yet said there was no contract----avoid these scum buckets at all cost -should be jailed ,big SCAM of a lousy worthless company ,,,,,,their so called insect treatments are worthless too,made no difference at all .

Marcia Neenah, WI

The front of my house used to be covered with spiders. Since Insight has been coming--no more spiders which also means rarely finding a spider inside.

Aaron Bernardino Manchester, NH

Sean took care of an underground wasp nest. He's a very knowledgeable and friendly technician. He even got us discounted pricing for the service. 5 stars!

Katrina Kelder Delta, BC

We were very impressed with Phillip he was very knowledgeable, professional and had fantastic customer service. I would highly recommend this company.

Billy Minden, NV

Knock at the door, sound like a good service and time will tell if the service works for our area. Technicians Eric and Amanda were very knowledgeable and respectful when arriving to service the property.

Jodi De Pere, WI

We have never used a pest control company before this spring. So far we have had a good experience with this company and the staff. Staff is very friendly and answered all my questions.

David Maynard Seattle, WA

I think these technicians take their job seriously, and responsibly. If I have a special request they attend to it, outside of their regular quarterly visits. And the results are markedly successful.

Darlene Rideout Milford, MA

Marc explained what he was going to do to help us with our mice issue in our garage and gave suggestions on what we could to help in preventing them from getting in. He was prompt and courteous.

Sherry Sells Muskogee, OK

I called this morning and they were quick to send someone out to take care of the problems I was having. Bryon was so nice and listened to all the problems I was having with ants and he took care of it.

John Columbus, IN

We have been customers longer than a year. Quarterly service is fine. Their response to this request to eliminate an active hornet nest was outstanding. They scheduled a well qualified and equipped technician, Zach, for next day service. He arrived and completed the removal by 10:30 am. Well done!

Hannah Fernandez Nashville, TN

We are extremely happy with Insight Pest Solutions. Katie is knowledgeable and an expert in her field. We are new customers, and we look forward to the next treatment in a couple of months. Thank you Katie for walking our property and for the treatment done to our property.

Skip Collinsville, OK

We had Josh of Insight Solutions, spray for us a few days ago. He said then if we see any more ants just call and they would be right back out. We did see 2 small areas, I called and Josh was back out! Did extra treatment yesterday morning. No sign of them anywhere…. Thank you!

Julie Green Bay, WI

The gentleman that came was so patient with my worries and anxiety, answered every question I had and even calmed my worries / fears of dealing with pests - dead or alive as we start this process. Perfect personality and understanding he maintained for my concerns!

Amanda Neenah, WI

The guys were extremely professional and friendly. I love that they check in when they arrive AND before heading out to let us know of anything specific they took care of! Our house is bug free and thanks to James our backyard is wasp free! Highly recommend Insight.

Enzo Croydon, CRY

A very knowledgeable man came out and we couldn't have asked for a better person. He was our saviour in a couple of our was all sorted out,he promise to come back if the problem persisted,but thankfully the problem was solved for good.

John Virginia Beach, VA

Each one of their representatives and technicians who have come here have been professional and neat and very knowledgeable of their jobs. They seem to be very thorough and effect. Whenever I call them with a particular issues, they are relatively fast to respond and solve the problem.

Samad Marlborough, MA

Whenever we need them, they will come. I like the advice the technician gave and that they made sure the service is really excellent. A couple of times we’ve had to reschedule and they still find time to get a technician to come out.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Arthur Rutland, MA

I’ve had other companies. They are all the same. They do a good job and get paid for doing a good job. I think they live up to their hype. Every time they come, they knock on the door and we talk about what they are going to do.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service. Please, feel free to give us a call at 888- 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Anonymous Saugus, MA

I went with Insight based off of a coworker's recommendation. This company is very responsive and can accommodate special requests. We've had no issues with them and if there are problems, they come back to the house to resolve them.

Jeffrey Manchester, NH

I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a pest control company. I've never had a negative interaction because they're always prompt and let me know when they're coming ahead of time. They always answer my questions in customer service. I've had no pest problems since hiring them.

Bil Chesapeake, VA

We've been customers with them for several years. They are very friendly! They have answered the phone every time I've called and make appointments quickly when I need them. I haven't had any problems with pests since they've been taking care of my house.

Robert Chesapeake, VA

Insight offers the best price for the most service. They always give us a heads up when they're coming by, what services they'll provide, and give feedback on what services they provided. The service reps have been very courteous and professional and treat our property with care.

Asad Carmel, IN

I didn't have many problems with this company, but in the few times I had questions their customer support team was able to provide the answers. I like that there are no longer bugs or spiders in the house. Sometimes in between services, I would find a pest or bug problem in the house and they came out to do an additional service.

Martha Carmel, IN

Customer service is always very accommodating and helpful. They do an excellent job and are very thorough. They provide quality service technicians that are kind and do a great job. They are always asking us if there's anything else they can do before they leave.

Rajalingam Shrewsbury, MA

I've used Insight Pest Solutions for almost seven years and I've never had a problem with them. There haven't been many times I've needed to talk to customer service, but the few times I have they did a good job. They do a great job and I don't have a pest problem.

Al Haverhill, MA

I went with Insight because of a promotion they were running at the time. They have always been responsive in customer service if I've had questions. They are always very prompt and come on time. I've had no problems with them!

Harold

I bought it because the sales person that came around was likeable and made sense. I needed it and I’ve been happy with it ever since. The people are good and very well trained and business oriented. I have almost no problems with bugs.

Ethel

The price is fair. The people are very prompt. The one time I needed something special done, they were there immediately. I used to have a really bad mice problem and I don’t know. The bugs are also taken care of. They are careful with our dogs and fish in the pond.

Padma

They’re doing a good job. I have no bugs in the house and I used to always have ants and spiders but I have not seen a single pest since they same. I’m very happy. They always answer question and are on time and communicate with us. They’re awesome.

Mary

Since we’ve used them, which has been about five or six years now, we’ve had very minimal bugs in our home. We had one negative technician one time but that was rectified easily. They always call me and let me know there is going to be treatments ahead of time. They arrive on time and are very prompt and professional.