Insight Pest Solutions

9.1

LAST UPDATED: October 22nd, 2021

Insight Pest Solutions focuses on eliminating unwanted pests but in a way that keeps homes, families, and pets safe. With Insight Pest Solutions, customers can gain peace-of-mind knowing that their home is free from ants, spiders, roaches, mice, bees and wasps. The company hires licensed technicians and encourages them to continue their pest educations by attending the Insight University. Each tech is trained to find safe and effective pest solutions in a variety of situations.

Insight Pest Solutions has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is a part of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), Pest Management Professional (PMP), and the United States Environmental Protection Agency

Read our Insight Pest Control reviews (below) to learn more about this pest control company.

The Good

• Current and New Customer Coupons
  • 5 Guarantees
  • Extra Pest Control Programs

Current and New Customer Coupons

Insight Pest Solutions clients should check out Insight’s coupon page to see if there are any deals to apply to their service. If a coupon has a green check mark on it, Insight will allow customers to combine the coupon with other offers.

For example, Insight offers new customers $45 off termite monitoring (when combined with the general pest control plan). Current customers have the same coupon, but it cannot be applied with other offers.

Customers can also fill out a short survey providing feedback about their technician and their experience with Insight Pest Solutions. They are then entered in the company's quarterly raffle for an iPad Mini or a year of free pest control.

5 Guarantees

Insight Pest Solutions offers its customers five guarantees:

1. Pricing Guarantee — Insight Pest Solution aims to help customers get the best price possible.
  2. Contact Guarantee — Insight’s promise to respond promptly and politely, as well as to not repeatedly call or share clients' personal information.
  3. Re-Treatment Guarantee — If customers have pest issues between quarterly visits, Insight Pest Solutions will send a service professional to perform a re-treatment for free.
  4. Smile Guarantee — Every technician will greet customers with a smile.
  5. Money-Back Guarantee — If Insight Pest Solutions has performed two re-treatments between its regular visits and interior pests are still not controlled, Insight will credit customers back their last payment.

Extra Pest Control Programs

Insight Pest Solutions provides treatments and pest control solutions for the most common pest problems in its regular pest control plan. However, depending on the location, Insight does offer the following add-on programs customers can purchase to target specific issues:

• Termites
  • Ticks and Fleas
  • Rat Control
  • Stink Bugs
  • Fire Ant Infestation

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Undisclosed Information
  • Services Not Available in All States

Negative Reviews

Negative reviews for Insight reveal that customers are unhappy with the company as many felt they were tricked into signing a contract and did not receive the promised quality services. Homeowners also mentioned that the pest control products were ineffective and did not get rid of their problem pests.

A few other reviews mention a cancellation fee that caught a few homeowners off guard. While a cancellation fee is not uncommon within the industry, it is something that the sales rep should be transparent about. Canceling your contract with Insight may cost you at least $100.

Undisclosed Information

For its general pest control program, Insight Pest Solutions offers little information about the plan. The website says the pest control plan covers common ants, spiders, wasps, roaches, termite inspection, and rodents, but does not mention bed bugs, sugar ants, or carpenter ants. And while the company does offer crawl space inspection, it's unclear whether Insight offers lawn treatment or attic service and restoration, and whether its products are pet-safe.

Customers with pest issues can expect an initial treatment followed by quarterly services and a quote can be estimated in as little as two minutes over the phone. While the information is there, it is vaguely described. The site advises customers to call for further details.

Services Not Available in All States

Insight Pest Solutions only offers its pest solutions to 14 states and to ensure customers are getting the right pest control for their area the company advises potential customers to visit the page for the branch nearest their home:

• Colorado
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
  • Washington

The Bottom Line

Insight Pest Solutions is a growing pest control provider that offers a variety of pest services and add-on products. The company focuses on customer service and aims to control pest problems in an effective and timely manner all while keeping families and pets safe from potential health threats and diseases. However, Insight Pest Solutions could provide a little more information about its general pest control plan. This will help customers decide if Insight Pest Solutions is right for them.

View Best Pest Control Companies

Emmanuel Lamour Canton, MA

Overall, I have been a customer for a long time and this company is very responsive and gets the job done. I just loved and Brian came out to complete the initial treatment and he did an awesome job. He was very respectful of the property and look forward to future treatments. Thank you Brain and Insight Pest Solution.

Joe Ludlow, MA

Five Star company. Our service technician Omar is the best. Provides a great professional presence and does a fantastic job at our home. Very satisfied with service . Especially with our Technican Omar.

Sheree Lake Charles, LA

Gave a 5 star for technician that was here. But when I had my first service I was told they would be back in thirty days. They did not service at thirty days. I had ants and beetles again after about 6 weeks after initial service outside.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Sheree. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like the opportunity to review your service schedule and investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected], or give our team a call at 888-234-2847, and we will work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Oct. 13th, 2021

Charlene Griswold Newport, NH

Michael was able to figure out where and how mice we're getting into my walls and basement. I'm extremely happy with Insight's service and responsiveness.

1 day ago

Bob Mani Toronto, ON

Please think twice about signing a contract with these guys. The entire thing is a scam. Do not sign a contract with Insight solution. What the salesman says and what they actually do too different things. The salesman does a great job selling, the technician on the other hand refuses to do the things the salesman said they would do. Then when you Cancel the contract, they will charge you for bogus cancellation fees and the Discount fee they gave you. And the chemicals they use are ineffective. Ants killers don't work. Spray around the house didn't do anything- Horrible customer service and all they want is to charge you

Miosha Walker New Orleans, LA

My home was heavily damaged from Hurricane Ida, which resulted in my family having to be displaced for an unknown period of time. Due to being displaced and the uncertainty of when or if I would be returning to my property, I called to have the my service cancelled and was immediately advised I needed to speak with a Manager. Upon speaking to the manager I was questioned about my reasons for the cancellation, and I advised in order to do so I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $299. Please keep in mind, I began in August of 2021, a few weeks before the storm. In additon, I had just lost all of my possessions and was/still living in a hotel. yet this people had no empathy for my situation or the fact that my service had just began. All they wanted was there $299!!!! Now I understand, why my sales rep kept saying "money" each time we discussed an issue or concern, because that's what's this company is all about money. Definitely not their customers!

Tonya Galloway Jacksonville, NC

Jess is an awesome gentleman very polite and respectful and knows his jobs. We had a good conversation on the dos and don't when it comes to the ants and Water bugs. I had the outside the yard and the inside treated. I would recommend this company to everyone.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Tonya. Thank you for taking the time to share your service experience. Jess is a valuable member of our team, and we are happy to hear that he made your service a good one. Please, feel free to give us a call at 888- 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Devin McLane Everett, WA

Anthony D was our technician and he did a great job. He was very thorough, and everything I asked for, he went above and beyond. He was there at the house when I got home. He arrived right at the beginning of the service window, so I could be done early and get back to work. He continued to work after I left. Anthony deserves a tip!

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Devin! Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your service. We take pride in providing a thorough service for all of our customers, so our team appreciates that you noticed. Please, feel free to give us a call at 888-234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Pedro Vega Ludlow, MA

Insight came today and the young man was very nice and said what he was going to do, was satisfied with the job and time, thanks for the good work.

GailD Sauk City, WI

The technician was polite and thorough, however I couldn’t allow him into my home to perform the interior service as I had requested due to his unvaccinated status. Insight should not send unvaccinated people to homes when interior service has been requested. I don’t feel that we received the full service that was due. I do appreciate the technician’s honesty in admitting to his status as there are two residents here with multiple risk factors.

LesleyB Brookline, NH

Edward, our pest control technician, arrived promptly and did a great job both in the house and in our yard. He was knowledgeable, courteous and knew exactly what he was doing. Thanks for a great job!

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Lesley. Thank you for sharing a review of your recent experience. Our team here at Insight is committed to providing high-quality pest control, and we are thrilled to hear that we made a good impression on you. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888)234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Bert Martin Sneads Ferry, NC

The technicians are great very personable and seem to know there business they are very thorough and friendly. I do however have issues with the office its impossible to get service or schedule service time when no one answers the phone I called several times never an answer after long wait times. When I was able to leave a message no call back. One call I made voicemail was full and system hung up on me. The stars are strickly for the techs they deserve 5 stars, I wanted to give a 1 star rating but not fair to the guys that are doing their jobs. I was ready to cancel service but they showed up and did their thing. Hard to cancel when no one answers the phone!

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Bert. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We set a high standard for our quality of customer service and your experience should have never been an exception. You have my personal commitment that we will be using your feedback to improve how we serve every customer. You may reach us at 888-234-2847, or write to us directly at [email protected]

Kit J Neenah, WI

James the technician was awesome. He is very thorough and took the time to explain the process and what he was doing. I will continue my service with Insight Pest Solutions . Not to mention the customer service is spot on. Good job Insight !

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Kit. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Please, feel free to give us a call at 888-234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Oct. 6th, 2021

Corrie Transue San Jose, CA

I forgot the nice young guys name that came to my home yesterday and sold me the pest solutions. He is a KEEPER! VERY POLITE, at first I was not interested at all. Never have been with pest control people. He explained your service n product short, sweet, and simple other than dragging out a long b******* conversation like most salesman do. You should considered promoting him to train other sales people like him. As far as that Josh came out sprayed my house today and we will see where we go from there. Thank you Corrie T.

Melissa Thacker Dandridge, TN

James did an excellent job. He always makes sure that I’m happy with his service. Very nice and dependable

10 hours ago

Steve Farrer Havelock, NC

Relatively new customer but well satisfied due to their professional knowledge and attitude. Eager to answer all question and provide customer assistance as needed.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Steve. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We really do our best to make sure our customers understand the service they are receiving, and we are happy to see that you had a great service experience. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Charles Allen Mount Gilead, NC

Jess was my contractor who conducted my treatment. Very professional, on time and gave me a breakdown of the services he provided before he left....Always a pleasure doing business with him

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Charles. Our staff always enjoys reading reviews such as the one you left us. Jess is a valuable member of our team, and we are happy to hear that he made your service experience a good one! Please, feel free to give us a call at 888-234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Ed Newby Lawton, OK

Joey, the technician, has been very professional and responsive to my questions and concerns. However, an email to the headquarters recently received no response. Joey provided a different contact avenue for future concerns.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Ed. Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We are happy to hear that Joey provided you with a great service experience. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Oct. 6th, 2021

Gabriel Kilby Gresham, OR

Saved us big time when Orkin cancelled on us the morning before a family gathering we were having. Insight came SAME DAY to help treat the property in advance of our gathering, and even offered us a special saving us $$$. Definitely a committed customer from this point forward!

Susie Mooresville, IN

Like them may be a little high but the spider treatment has been effective and I have fewer insects. I think we finally got the rodent problem under control but not so much on moles.

John Virginia Beach, VA

Each one of their representatives and technicians who have come here have been professional and neat and very knowledgeable of their jobs. They seem to be very thorough and effect. Whenever I call them with a particular issues, they are relatively fast to respond and solve the problem.

Samad Marlborough, MA

Whenever we need them, they will come. I like the advice the technician gave and that they made sure the service is really excellent. A couple of times we’ve had to reschedule and they still find time to get a technician to come out.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Arthur Rutland, MA

I’ve had other companies. They are all the same. They do a good job and get paid for doing a good job. I think they live up to their hype. Every time they come, they knock on the door and we talk about what they are going to do.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service. Please, feel free to give us a call at 888- 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Carnen Lovelock, NV

Delightful & thorough . Nice people. Colton is great !! Great service. I will recommend to others!

Anonymous Westborough, MA

I've been a customer with Insight for four years. They are very responsive and always available when you need them. They offer a detailed service and they are very careful. The technicians provide excellent service. They are kind and professional, I've had no major issues with them. I really appreciate the peace of mind I get from using this company.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Thank you for giving Insight Pest Solutions a five-star rating. We truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your service and with our technicians that they did an amazing job. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Jan. 19th, 2021

Greg

Every time I’ve called, they have been able to quickly help me with my problem. When I need additional service, they work to find the quickest solution and come out without any additional charges. They’ve been very thorough looking for any potential critters around the building. They don’t always follow through to make sure the same service is on our separate garage.

Siva

Very trustworthy. They don’t tell me to do any services for the sake of doing it. They let me know if it is really something I need. I definitely trust what they have found because they recommend good services every quarter. Any time I reach out to them, they are responsive and it has been pleasant to talk with them. I am very happy with Insight Pest Solutions. The price is reasonable compared to other services and they have been consistently keeping prices manageable.

Cathy

They have a very nice and informative website. They've always called me in advance to showing up. They come on time and always finish an excellent job. I have had no problems since they've been taking care of my house. I appreciate their professionalism and use them as a golden standard when I talk to other companies that don't communicate effectively.

Mary Gore Hampton, VA

Have been using this company for the past two years. They are always professional and we have had very few issues with bugs and other pests. Very pleased with their work.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Mary. Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your loyalty and continued trust in our service. Customer experience and satisfaction is our number one priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Dawn Wilson Clarksville, TN

I wish that I could rate this lower however it will not allow me. I was totally swindled by Insight Pest Solutions, and I was fraudulently charged both as a one time transaction without my consent and by monthly fees after I had cancelled my account. I was approached by a very kind well spoken young man at my home who assured me that his pest control service was the best in the industry and could not only manage my current concerns but better the company I was using and had been using for a year. I was told that they guarantee their services, meaning if the product or service did not work we simply had to alert them and they would make it right. I was then told that if we had to contact them more than twice then I would be eligible to close my account and get a full refund of my costs. I agreed and provided him my debit card to start service. After he did the first treatment I allowed the product over 14 days to "work" as instructed. I then contacted the salesman which I was told to do directly and showed him pictures of my family literally eaten alive along with pictures of the bugs my home was invaded worse than ever and I needed help. My main driver for starting service was my family coming for a month to stay, my neice is highly allergic to wasps and I needed to ensure our problem was well taken care of before she got here. He sent a field manager for the retreat and I was assured if I needed anything else to contact them directly. Well once again I complained as we are now over a month into service, I have paid the initial service, one month AND requested the additional mosquito treatment which was a $70 one time add on. They came out again to do a second retreat and the 1st service for mosquitos and again I was promised that pest control is sometimes variables that need to be figured out before getting total control of the problem but not to worry they were on it. My worst nightmare came true my neice was attacked by a swarm of wasps on my property causing us to rush her to the ER. That day my nephew was eaten alive by some sort of yard bug similar to mosquito bites however the bites looked different. I sent photos and frantic messages for assistance. This was exactly what I feared and what I explained to them was going to be my issue. I at this time told them I was no longer interested in their services and wanted my money back. Without consent they sent yet another tech out to retreat for all services. He did so, and left (they also never even alerted me he was coming again without my permission) At this point I had requested to speak to a supervisor and was directed to a woman named Kayla. She was quite literally the opposite of helpful. She contined to tell me that my HUSBAND told the tech the bugs were coming from the neighbors not our house and that we only had one retreat and needed to allow them to come back I then corrected her explaining that we have had four services over the course of three months, and we got double charged for the mosquito service. Once again she continued to state that we only had one service and had to have another to allow them to correct it. I told her at this time that I no longer wished to speak to her and if her supervisor did not contact me I would take all available actions again Insight. Well shocker, no one called or responded. And when I woke up I found that ANOTHER charge was added to my account. I contacted my bank to stop the auto draft and was informed by Navy Federal that this was not an auto draft that a human was entering in the request for payment each time. THEY ARE STEALING MONEY and getting away with it. I have never in my life been more offended and out right livid that they continue to scam people with out providing any service to exterminate bugs. I have provided documented evidence of every conversation with every employee, picture proof of the damages the bugs are doing and even pictures of the many many bugs I have managed to kill and save to prove my point. It is redicilous that i have to resort to this when I was very clear when I agreed, I am willing to not only pay for service but pay double as long as the damn bugs were gone and my family was safe. They refuse to cancel my account or give me my money back so now I am left with devestation of harmful bugs and less almost $300 for services I never got. I then spoke with my neighbors, who I referred and found out that BOTH of them are being charged for services they are not getting and no one is doing anything about it!!!! I will now on prinicpal continue to fight for the honorable thing. People should not be charged for service they dont get. These people are lying, stealing and simply not good at what they do. BEWARE do not let the salesman convince you as he did me its a trap.

Kayla Neenah, WI

Wonderful service. Super friendly technician, James. He was stung on the job by some bees while spraying my patio. Remained professional and got the job done above and beyond!

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Kayla. Thank you for leaving a review. James is always running the extra mile during his time at work, and we truly value having him as a part of our team. We work very hard to make sure that our customers get the best service possible and we are glad that it reflected on your visit. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Ferents Taptich Woodlawn, ON

Using Insight's services for over a year now. We see a huge difference since they started. The staff is always friendly and ready to answer all our questions. I highly recommend this company to anyone.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Ferents. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We really do our best to make sure our customers understand the service they are receiving, and we are happy to see that you have had a great service experience. Please, feel free to give us a call at (888) 234-2847 if you are ever experiencing any unusual pest activity, and we will be happy to retreat for you.

Edward Pszczola

Cody M did a thorough job and explained every step to me. He seemed to enjoy his job and was enthusiastic. He also made sure all my questions and concerns were addressed. Only problem was original scheduling conflict.

DeborahC Goldsboro, NC

Very quick acting & effective solution used. Clean applications - no mess! Jess thoroughly covered our outdoor area today despite the heat and explained in detail everything he had done - you rock, Jess!!!!

Dr Melvin Conley Johnson City, TN

Was not clear at first how the service worked, but the service tech, James that came out today was great!!! Took the time to explain the services. Completed the service quickly and explained everything he was doing!!! Top drawer service!!!

Lois Berge Groton, MA

The serviceman was respectful of covid guidelines and explained what he would be doing. He made excellent recommendations as to how to keep pests out of the house.

May. 11th, 2021

David Gvozdanovic Cincinnati, OH

Insight tech made short work of the wasp nest. Tiger woods can't swing as good as our guy from insight! He was pretty fast as well. He may of been a track star back in the day, or allergic to wasps. Either way he was fantastic!

Maria N Fond du Lac, WI

Technician provided a thorough explanation of the services provided and what follow up we should do. Identified a wasp problem and took measures to remove the pests. Even washed the front window after some of the spray got on it.

Daphne McFee Ottawa, ON

Insight has always helped us with insect control and have been very efficient. We highly recommend their service, as they are helpful and friendly. Our recent appointment with Kareem went smoothly and he was such a pleasant guy to have around. He was efficient, very thorough and explained everything clearly. What a nice guy! Thank you!

Geoff Younghusband Ottawa, ON

Ian H did a great job when he came to do our initial application. he was thorough and took the time to explain some extra things we could do to prevent pests and rodents from entering the perimeter around our home. Good work and friendly service. Thanks Ian.

Edie Needham, MA

I assume they are giving me the best quality of what they are supposed to be doing for me. They have always been cooperative, it they don’t do something, they come back and do it.

Kim/Tom Westford, MA

I am very satisfied with the service and I have been a customer for four or five years. I do wish it was cheaper but they are trustworthy and follow up after each visit. It has worked out quite well.

Anonymous Southampton, MA

We haven’t had many issues with pest since we began using them. There is no easy to solution for you if they need to come back out. You have to be transferred to someone in customer service and you have to leave a message. There is no central way to do it.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Thanks for review! We’re glad you had a great experience with our team!

Mary West Springfield, MA

The price is reasonable. I am very pleased with the technicians who come out. They always seem more than happy to chat with us and make sure all our needs are met. I have no mice or bugs so I am happy.

Lucretia Wilmington, NC

Insight Pest does a great job. They are convenient and do a very thorough job. They take some sort of test and make sure they take their time to do it right. When we had a hurricane that knocked a lot of trees down and brought a lot of carpenter ants, they came out the same day I called them.

Reply from Insight Pest Solutions

Hi Lucretia, It’s always a pleasure protecting your home against pests. Please reach out if there’s anything we can do before our next visit!

Anonymous West Lafayette, IN

Anybody who is interested in pest control, I would recommend them. Everything about them is good. Anytime they need to come, they contact me in advance. They make sure everything is in order.

Jeanne Wilmington, NC

It has worked out very well. I am satisfied with the work they do. I can’t think of anything to criticize. They do good work. They are polite. Everything has been very satisfactory.

Tony Smithfield, VA

The technicians that come out are very friendly and professional. They are reliable. Customer service has been very responsive whenever I’ve reached out. They have totally taken care of our ant problem.

Kate Bolton, MA

Insight comes regularly. They are always courteous and professional and informative. When we have an extra need they are helpful. They address the problems. Each time they are effective.

Melinda Lafayette, IN

Always there when they say they are going to be there. I like that they let me know when they will be there. They are friendly and do a thorough job. I have no spider webs and I rarely see an insect in my house.