In 2002, AmeriSave was founded in Atlanta, Georgia as a dedicated mortgage lender that has since grown in popularity with licensing expanding into 49 states and the D.C. area. AmeriSave has been trusted with over 280,000 homes and promises on its website to "provide low rates, transparent pricing, easy online applications and most importantly great customer service."

This promise is reflected through a number of AmeriSaves services that will be talked about in detail throughout this profile.

Megaphone Icon

AmeriSave Accolades:

• AmeriSave is consistently awarded a spot in the top 10 for customer satisfaction by Lending Tree — America's largest online lending marketplace.
  • In a recent survey, 94% of customer respondents said that they would recommend AmeriSave to a friend.*

*Based on internal survey data from 3/20/16 – 3/20/18

The Good

• Quick Closing Time
  • Variety of Loan Types
  • Down Payment Assistance
  • Free Online Estimates

Quick Closing Time

AmeriSave aims to help borrowers save time. Normally, the closing process on a house can take about 30 to 45 days. AmeriSave has been able to help nearly 50 percent of its customers close in as little 25 days or less.

AmeriSave is able to cut down on the closing time by streamlining each of the following:

• Applying online
  • Getting pre-approved
  • Finding a home
  • Closing on your home

AmeriSave's dedication to quick closing times benefits borrowers who are on a tight deadline. This emphasis is something that is often difficult to find with other mortgage companies.

Variety of Loan Types

AmeriSave has a variety of home loan programs. These programs includes:

• Fixed rate loans
  • Adjustable rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • USDA loans
  • Cash out refinances

These mortgage loan options are among the most popular in the industry; however other mortgage lenders may have a few more options in addition to AmeriSave's services — such as a jumbo loan.

Down Payment Assistance

AmeriSave works within Fannie Mae guidelines to help make down payments possible for low income families and first-time home buyers. This government backed program allows borrowers to put down as little as 3 percent of the purchase price of the home to qualify for a loan.

Not all mortgage lenders are Fannie Mae backed, making AmeriSave a great option for those who may need extra down payment assistance or who are first-time homebuyers. Having a government entity to help back mortgages makes AmeriSave an even more secure options for borrowers.

Free Online Estimates

A great feature on AmeriSave's website is the ability to get a free estimate for any type of mortgage or refinance loan. Mortgage calculators are available to help you decide quickly if AmeriSave is able to secure you a mortgage within your desired budget or not.

This tool does not replace your conversation with one of its representatives. However, it does help you comparison shop and provide transparency that is often lacking from other mortgage lenders.

The Bad

Costs May Vary

AmeriSave does not give a price range on its website that identifies potential closing costs and fees. However, this is typical in the mortgage industry, as fees often vary as the housing market ebbs and flows. In addition, AmeriSave does outline potential closing costs services that borrowers may incur, such as an appraisal fee, credit report fee, title fee, and attorney fee. These services can vary greatly in price depending on the lender, making it important to speak with an AmeriSave representative if you want a price estimate.

In addition, future AmeriSave borrowers can get a pre-approval letter online, but it is unclear if the pre-approval letter is a free service or requires an application fee.

The Bottom Line

AmeriSave has a strong reputation in the mortgage industry—the sheer volume of its clientele acts as a positive testimony to its customer satisfaction and reliability.

AmeriSave is a great choice to consider if you are in need of one of its specified loans or if you are in need of down payment assistance.

Check out AmeriSave reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at AmeriSave Mortgage below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Donna Lewis

October 22nd, 2020 Dagsboro, DE

I would love to have the agent who is receiving 5 stars and who is easy to get in touch with, It is not the person we are working with. This has been the most frustrating experience and we have never been treated so disrespectfully. The lack of service, the total ignoring of voice mail and email requests and even the supervisor who never returns a call. Please do not tell me that your volume is too high to provide good service. You have time to send out daily text messages that totally disregard our questions. This asks if I am a paying customer. I have tried to become one so how do I answer this? If I say no, do you disregard my review?

Oct 23, 2020

Shelton Bouknight

October 20th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Started process on June 4 today is October 20 . Amerisave has pulled 3 hard inquires on our account 2 in the last 2 days . This is how you get treated if your a minority . I can only assume that all the folks that are giving them 5 stars are not minorities . We were pre qualified . First loan person never returned calls told us he would float rate kept asking for same docs over and over . It was one excuse after another . Finally made it through underwriting and went to close . Because the loan was in trust they said they. Could not close in trust but would close if I took it out of trust . Rates kept going down over this entire time . We kept calling to confirm rate so we could lock the rate and could never get an answer . Finally one of the processors said that the loan officer told her he locked our rate 1/2 of a percent higher than the current rate without even contacting us . Have been told 3 times that everything would be fixed and to date nothing had changed . Stay away from this company . They do not have your best interest at heart . The only thing we received was 3 hard inquiries in our credit report that will be on there for 2 years and the loss of 500 dollars

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave’s Customer Service Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at [email protected]

Erin

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Refi went smoothly and closed on time. Would recommend

Dennis Hernandez

October 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL

Very poor experience. We started the process on August 7. They don't answer me, they don't call me, I don't know anything about my case. We are on October 8 and nothing yet. It's ridiculous.

Oct 09, 2020

Jim Ohman

October 8th, 2020 Kent, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very frustrating experience to say the least! Keeping you up to date on the status is not very good. Hopefully the closing goes smoother.

Oct 09, 2020

David Oyler

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to work with. Closed quickly. Saved 200 a month.

Donald Jenks

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service. Easy to get ahold of reps, reps quickly returned my calls, overall process was done quickly.

John

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were awesome, and easy to work with.

Robert Marshall

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost effortless process and very professional , pleasant interaction. I have already recommended AmeriSave to friends.

Atiba Mbiwan

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good customer service from the beginning to the end.

Amanda Dunmire

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick, easy process that saved me mega bucks!

Mike Grant

September 29th, 2020 Indio, CA

Slowest loan processing time. They keep asking for documents I already sent saying that this time they need a signature on the document. They didn't ask for a signature earlier in the process. Finally gave up and went to Rocket Mortgage who was ready to close in a little over a week. Told AmeriSave to keep their non-refundable $500 deposit.

Oct 01, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that you are unable to reach the communication requested on your loan. A Sales Management Leader will be contacting you today to discuss your concerns. Our Customer Service Team can be reached at 888-700-4026,or via email at [email protected] We look forward to speaking to you.

Boots

September 28th, 2020 Independence, MO

It has been two months since I started a refinance loan (and I'm paying a considerable amount to buy down the rate just a 1/4 of a point) with higher out of pocket costs than most companies. I continue to receive new requests for documents/information that were submitted/provided the day the loan process began. The loan has not moved forward at all in 60 days. The loan originator will not return phone calls or reply to emails so I have had absolutely no communication with anyone. Today, I was given his supervisor's name and yep, you guessed it; he didn't answer my telephone call either, nor has he returned my call. I haven't even been assigned a loan officer or loan processor in all this time. According to the loan originator, we didn't need my extra income because my husband and I earn more than enough without it, yet those are the documents and contact issues they continue to request and delay the loan over. I was told the loan would be completed within 30-60 days (which it's already been). This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with and I regret ever beginning the process.

Sep 29, 2020

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our Customer Satisfaction Team would like to understand more regarding your experience as soon as possible. AmeriSave Mortgage takes our customer feedback seriously. Please contact our Customer Satisfaction Team toll-free at 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected] We would like to connect you with the Sales Manager that you need to speak with.

Ser

September 27th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA

I am currently dealing with this company. It has been three months since I started refinancing and I keep getting a new disclosure almost every month without the loan going any further. I was told the loan will be done in a few weeks not long ago till I got an email from a new loan processor today and I was asked to send all the documents I uploaded before on the company website and email the previous processor. The new processor said she could not see the documents uploaded on their company website. At this point I have asked the $ 500 dollars I was charged in the beginning, because I can't start the whole process again. This is unacceptable business practice.

Sep 29, 2020

Chris Sawyer

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lowest interest rate with the lowest fees and excellent service.

Kim Hughes

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast, efficient and always seemed to be on top of things

Carol Lewis

September 24th, 2020 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Currently working with this Company. To date, everything is as they said it would be. I was in the process with another company to refinance and they could not keep up with their work load. After several months, left them for AmeriSave.

Brent A Mack

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Straight forward quotes. Best offer was there first offer. Low rates, low expenses with great personalized service.

Ezekiel Pumarejo

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very fast. Efficient friendly. Professional.

Taylor Foley

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

went above and beyond to get the job done

Karen

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good company but a little slow on getting done

Karen Morris

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good friendly people, Seem to know the answers

Vincent

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They really worked to make the process easy for the borrower.

joyce

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very response and attention to detail. Made my job very simple

Noneya

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amerisave followed through on all of their promises. I got the best rates available and the lowest cost to close. Michael was very informative as you could tell that he has been doing this job for quite some time now. Very reliable, honest and trustworthy!

Joyce Bires

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service and the only one that didn’t ask for my ssn on the first call!

Michael Fenster

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great professionalism, great service, great response from everyone I worked with.

Laura Lopez

EASY, EFFICIENT AND QUICK...VERY INFORMED LOAN OFFICERS

Katrinnia

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were easy to work with, responsive and competent.

Anna

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to work with. Thorough. Good customer service. Lauren Frank is always professional

Edward Ford

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy, accurate, professional, great rates, customer service outstanding

Karen Sund

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were friendly, efficient and professional

Sarah Firenze

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good overall experience from start to finish

Brenda

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easiest bank transaction I ever had! Fast, efficient, easy website, in home closing, excellent notary closed the deal!

Evelyn

lowest rates, speedy service,convenience

Tessa Lawrence

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service, communication and follow through

James Irons

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great rates, good service, easy to apply, very efficient process.

F

September 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything is alright and good. When I needed my loan coordinator, there was quick responses. Nobody lied to me.

Robert

September 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Things unraveled during the process. The first person talked to was good but they need to improve communication when it goes from the person you initially dealt with to the long process. Communication broke down big time.

Sep 21, 2020

Robert, Thank you for providing your feedback. Our Customer Satisfaction Team would like to understand more regarding your experience as soon as possible. AmeriSave Mortgage takes our customer feedback seriously. Please contact our Customer Satisfaction Team toll-free at 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected] We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Charles

September 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very clear with what they needed and are quick to respond to calls.

Pakpong

September 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am glad I went with AmeriSave. They are very knowledgeable but they should put together a team.

Janak

September 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started sometime in March and finished in September, it was almost six moths. People are good and attentive but you are likely to change people many times in the process, which is too long.

Eric

September 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am glad I did it with them. The loan agent was really good.

P

September 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was always recorded. It was easy and transparent. There is always somebody to ask questions to that answers quickly and well.

September 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amerisave gave me the best quote, I got some from a couple of other companies. They are very helpful and available when I need their help. They are pretty quick getting everything done. I am pretty happy.

Caleb

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Website could use some improvement but it is a really smooth process and everybody stay good wit communication.

Daniel

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amerisave looks to be the best deal and I am glad I went with them. It was great. Everything went easily.

Kevin

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was great. They were thorough and communicated well. They kept us familiar with everything that was going on. I do think they should get a new appraisal company for Nebraska.

Corey

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far so good, they answered all my questions when I needed them.

Barbara

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was simple and straightforward. The website is marvelous. It was very easy to submit the documentation. Everyone was very professional and prompt.