Best Company Guarantee AmeriSave Mortgage Logo

AmeriSave Mortgage

9.9

AmeriSave Mortgage was founded in 2002 and has funded over $55 billion in home loans and has been trusted with over 280,000 homes.

AmeriSave services a variety of mortgage products, including mortgage purchasing and mortgage refinancing options, with competitive rates and terms:

• Mortgage rates as low as 2.328% APR
  • Fixed rate mortgage loan terms of 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years
  • A variety of loan types for a variety of borrowers

AmeriSave reviews are overwhelmingly positive with 86 percent of customers awarding the company 4 or 5 stars.

Megaphone Icon

AmeriSave Accolades:

• AmeriSave is consistently awarded a spot in the top 10 for customer satisfaction by Lending Tree — America's largest online lending marketplace.
  • In a recent survey, 94% of customer respondents said that they would recommend AmeriSave to a friend.*

*Based on internal survey data from 3/20/16 – 3/20/18

The Good

• Quick Closing Time
  • Variety of Loan Types
  • Down Payment Assistance
  • Free Online Estimates
  • Positive AmeriSave Reviews

Quick Closing Time

AmeriSave aims to help borrowers save time. Normally, the closing process on a house can take about 30 to 45 days, but AmeriSave promises to reduce this wait time significantly. AmeriSave has been able to help nearly 50 percent of its customers close in as little as 25 days or less.

AmeriSave is able to cut down on the closing time by streamlining each of the following:

• Applying online
  • Getting pre-approved
  • Finding a home
  • Closing on your home

AmeriSave's dedication to quick closing times benefits borrowers who are on a tight deadline. This benefit is often difficult to find with other mortgage lenders, making AmeriSave a great option if you are in a rush to close on your home.

Variety of Loan Types

AmeriSave has a variety of home loan products that satisfy the needs of the vast majority of homebuyers. You can choose from the following options:

• Fixed rate loan
  • Adjustable rate loan
  • FHA loan
  • VA loan
  • USDA loan
  • Cash out refinance
  • Jumbo loan

These mortgage loan options are among the most popular in the industry, making it easy for most borrowers to find what they are looking for. Also, because AmeriSave is a direct lender it's able to cut down on costs, ultimately lowering interest rates for borrowers.

Down Payment Assistance

AmeriSave works within Fannie Mae guidelines to help make down payments possible for low income families and first-time home buyers. This government backed program allows borrowers to put down as little as 3 percent of the purchase price of the home to qualify for a loan.

Not all mortgage lenders are Fannie Mae backed, making AmeriSave a great option for those who may need extra down payment assistance or who are first-time homebuyers. Having a government entity to help back mortgages makes AmeriSave an even more secure options for borrowers.

Free Online Estimates

A great feature on AmeriSave's website is the ability to get a free estimate for any type of mortgage or refinance loan. This pre-qualification process should have no impact on your credit score as a soft credit pull will be performed. Additionally, you are not required to provide your social security number (SSN) when applying for an estimate. If, however, you like what you see and choose to complete an AmeriSave loan application, personal and financial information will be required and a hard credit pull will be performed.

Mortgage calculators are available to help you decide quickly if AmeriSave is able to secure you a mortgage within your desired budget or not. This tool does not replace your conversation with one of its representatives or an AmeriSave loan officer. However, it does help you comparison shop and provide transparency that is often lacking from other mortgage lenders.

In addition, AmeriSave streamlines much of the process with a variety of digital tools. The loan application process is fully online as well as status updates and prompt client communication. If you are looking for an online mortgage lender, you'll be pleased that the bulk of the loan process is fully online.

Positive AmeriSave Reviews

AmeriSave excels in customer satisfaction, service, and attention. Out of the 240 verified customer reviews on Best Company, about 90 percent of them are four and five-star reviews.

AmeriSave customers most often praise the following:

• Low interest rate
  • Quick and efficient loan process
  • Easy application process
  • Low closing cost
  • Personable and helpful loan officer

It is rare that a lender has such a high proportion of positive customer reviews, making AmeriSave a stand-out option in customer service in comparison to other mortgage lenders.

The Bad

• Costs May Vary
  • High Loan Application Fee
  • No Home Equity Loans

Costs May Vary

AmeriSave does not give a price range on its website that identifies potential closing costs and fees. However, this is typical in the mortgage industry, as fees often vary as the housing market ebbs and flows. In addition, AmeriSave does outline potential closing costs services that borrowers may incur, such as an appraisal fee, credit report fee, title fee, and attorney fee. These services can vary greatly in price depending on the lender, making it important to speak with an AmeriSave representative if you want a price estimate.

In addition, future AmeriSave borrowers can get a pre-approval letter online, but it is unclear if the pre-approval letter is a free service or requires an application fee.

High Loan Application Fee

AmeriSave charges a $500 application fee which is on the high end for the industry. The average application fee for the mortgage industry is approximately $300.

No Home Equity Loans

AmeriSave does not offer home equity loans or lines of credit, or home improvement loans.

Home equity loans use the borrower's equity as his or her collateral. These loans provide access to a little extra cash that could be used for home renovations, other large expenses, or as a debt repayment option. A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is similar, but acts as a revolving source of funds similar to a credit card.

If you are interested in these loan options, there are other mortgage lenders that offer them.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a competitive mortgage rate from a trusted lender, AmeriSave could be a good option for you. Depending on the loan type and your own financial background, AmeriSave can help you purchase or refinance your home, saving you more money overall.

What truly sets AmeriSave apart is its dedication to customer service. In customer reviews the majority of borrowers have expressed their high satisfaction when engaging with AmeriSave during the loan process.

Check out AmeriSave reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at AmeriSave Mortgage below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

carrie ayscue Valdosta, GA

This is by far the worst mortgage company from start to finish. I would never recommend them. My loan was a disaster and messed up that caused many delays. Now my mortgage is messed up and still 3 months later trying to get back monies that was over paid due to their mistake with my insurance and had to have it taken out of my escrow. They owe me about 500 and still have my payments the same causing me to double pay and even after the escrow analysis. Lots of promises and nothing more. Good luck getting anything resolved as I have sent 6 emails and no response. Call customer service and they will transfer you to every dept as it is not their problem. Pass the buck as you would say. All I can say is good luck and may the power be with you if you go with them. I am going on my 4th payment now and cant wait to change lenders. I hate even giving them 1 star but you have to give something to do the review.

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we understand that you had a post funding situation that was resolved today. If this is not correct, or if you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Satisfaction Team at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected]

Apr. 10th, 2021

Alan L Atlanta, GA

Good about pushing for you to pay $500. To show you are serious yet no other company required this from me nor were they the best rate. Nice scamful way to wrack up fees. Mortgage Rep was also very unhelpful with all the glitches their system encountered with me

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

We appreciated your patience, and we appreciate your feedback on your mortgage loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we value the information you provided so that we can share with our Operations Team. If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Satisfaction Team at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected]

Apr. 7th, 2021

G S San Jose, CA

I at first had a great experience and wanted to work with them then once I gave my deposit I was forgotten about. I had to call in a week later to ask about an update then they tried to work on my file but was put aside again and not given a response for 3 days after them repeatedly telling me it would be done this day or this day. Finally I was done with it and asked for my money back which they said they gave me but I have no received it yet.

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we will share your feedback with our Operations Team. Our Satisfaction Team is available to assist you and can be reached at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected]

Apr. 7th, 2021

Ramky Somarouthu Suwanee, GA

They provided fast and competitive service and best mortgage rates. Closed in short time compared to other lenders. Highly recommended

Josh B Hilliard, OH

Easy to use, clear communication, and straightforward process.

Vee Hendricks Aurora, CO

A Lori and her team were great. They did what they said. The process was so easy and the rates were great.

Susan Vikari Wilmington, DE

Very clear understanding of what will happen during the refinance. Very courteous and easy to talk to

Angelica Soledad, CA

They count with professional personal who help and answer quickly

Ken O'Hanna Port Saint Lucie, FL

From start to finish the whole process was quick an easy

Gabe Ambrosio Franklin, TN

Great service by the representative who handled my account, Ruben was always available and explained things in detail

Jeffrey DaSilva Braintree, MA

Customer Service takes days to respond and uses canned responses not resolving customers issues.

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and a Customer Service Team member will connect with you regarding this matter. Our Satisfaction Team can be reached at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected]

Steve O'Neal Redlands, CA

Jan 4 Began ReFi with Stephon M. After sending all my requested information over and over. 3 Months later Rate Change, Points, It I have to BUY the loan. Having GREAT credit, Still no end in Site. Stephon M's Boss calls me. Tristin is on the phone for a hour. STILL no loan, Points 4 K time. Rate, Not as advertised. Refund? Oh Amerisave will send me a email. Strongly Recommend ANYONE ELSE ! GO TO YOUR LOCAL BANK. Not AmeriSave. a total Waste of your time. TOTAL !

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage received your recent communication and we have submitted the request for the $500 application refund to be processed on our side. You will receive an additional communication from us when the refund is posted from our side in the next 24 - 48 hours. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thank you, Angie

Khaled Mahmoud League City, TX

I went thru the loan application online and it was not completed. Requested me to call when I call the loan officer was not helpful and hang-up on me. I called back and they gave me the run around.

Hans Zionsville, IN

As someone who have done 2 home refinances and bought 2 houses, I have to say this is the worst mortgage company I have come across. Other than the initial "big talk" at the beginning of the refinance process where I was told they "were the Costco" of mortgage companies, nothing about their actions reflect anything of integrity, honesty or transparency. I made the reasons for refinancing clear and what I was looking at getting out of it. All my requests were answered positively and I went ahead and signed all the documents and sent in all that was requested. I continued sending in any additonal requested documents in the next few days. However, I stopped hearing from my loan orginator. He never responds to my email and my calls were never, I mean never answered. My tax years were confused and despite writing two letters to raise this point, it took 3 weeks for them to realize this. My loan processor reach who had no license to discuss or answer any of my questions kept telling me that he has sent a message to my loan originator and or his manager and I still hear nothing. So to keep an ongoing story short, it has been about 35 days through a refinancing process, I have no idea when to close or if I will ever close, not able to reach anyone in the company to discuss my loan is still in limbo. This is by far one of the worst company service experience I have had. This coming from someone who's had cable before and worked work contractors before. Save your time and effort and look somewhere else.

Reply from AmeriSave Mortgage

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our Customer Satisfaction Team would like to understand more regarding your experience as soon as possible. AmeriSave Mortgage takes our customer feedback seriously. Please contact our Customer Satisfaction Team toll-free at 888-700-4026, or by email at [email protected]

Kim San Juan,

Great rates but absolutely the WOrST customer service I've ever experienced! Could not even talk with a supervisor to get an explanation regarding flood insurance. Get the rate, but then you are on your own.

ukp ,

They are misrepresenting no hard credit will be pulled but at the end they are. I am on the Chat with them but for 30 minutes, no answer. How are you rating #1? Not even 1 star but it won't let me move forward with this review.

Thomas ,

It took 2 months to close. The refinancing was handled by to many people and as the paper work was being done we had to keep summiting the same paper work. Amerisave was supposed to pay off our loans on a certain date and it still hasn’t happened. The worst refinance ever.

Margaret H Santa Ana, CA

Wonderful customer service from Bruce G and Jacob G

Noe Rios Cordova, TN

Because Amerisave knows what they are doing!

Narinder New Haven, CT

Quick, efficient, and paperless, all electronic!

Miguel Lopez Philadelphia, PA

Fast, professional, convenient refinance

Miguel Bizaldi Wilkes-Barre, PA

they gave me a good deal, they are very professional

Clint Mayfield Kissimmee, FL

AmeriSave is easy use. Kent, our loan originator, was amazing! She did everything she could to make sure we got the best deal possible. She explained every step and every detail we had questions about. Overall, a pleasure to work with such a great company.

Susan Sarasota, FL

The process of refinancing was great. Been able to make my payment is another story! Want to pay but cannot login/register. It says my loan doesn't exist.

Bruce Lavender Williamsburg, VA

They were always there right away on any questions that we asked

John Franklin Calabash, NC

Excellent service Joanna the loan originator was attentive and helped with all our questions and needs.

Margaret Wallace Salem, NH

Amerisave was very professional, easy to work with and I always got prompt answers to any questions I had.

Michael & Janet Petyo Hobart, IN

They did not walk away from the challenge of financing the project.

Vickie Payton Thorsby, AL

I had been with my past mortgage company 30 years. They could not match the interest rate and the service I received was excellent. My loan officer Jacob B. was the best. The loan process was so simple.

Gilbert Colorado Springs, CO

excellent customer service and communication

Susan LaGasse Darnell Panama City, FL

Was a very informative and easy process. All information was accurate

Kishore Pai Morrisville, NC

Excellent Service. Very Responsive and Very Competitive Rates

Trish Kitsmiller Phoenix, AZ

professional, courteous, & very customer service orientated

Tom H. Macomb, MI

Dan C. Worked hard to get me what I was looking for.

Carol Hooper Littleton, CO

Raymond S.was very helpful and professional.

Jesse Lebanon, PA

very good communication and quick start to finish refinance

D MacArthur Pillager, MN

Only due to the length of the process. All the representatives I had contact with were fabulous.

Tamiko Heuer Covington, KY

Fast, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous

Tommie Fredericksburg, VA

Personal service guiding you through process.

Linda McGowan Moyock, NC

The company was exceptional! Very efficient and made it so easy.

Lourdes Nespereira Miami, FL

They were quick and efficient in my refinance.

Carl Harrison Kenosha, WI

Very professional, they took care of everything.

Dennis Flat Rock, MI

Easy to work with. Best deal at the time.

Jeremias Rubio Dickinson, TX

I got a low interest rate and they were professional.

Christopher Hofmeister Bradenton, FL

They were upfront with the process and stuck to the timeline. They told me what to expect and thats exactly the way things happenned. They listened to my questions and answered them all in a quick and polite manner. This is the best refi I have ever been involved with. Thanks AmeriSave!!

Tom L Boulder City, NV

Got it done in a timely matter and cost not much more then originally told.

Christopher Carmel, IN

Everybody was very responsive when I had questions. The rates look good but it did take longer than I thought it would.

John Simi Valley, CA

Very clear and organized. When I needed assistance, I received it. They were quite helpful. Overall I had an excellent experience.

Bradley Baker, WV

I started this thing back in October and there have been four times when were close to signing but they never showed up but they didn’t cancel. I am still waiting for them to come.

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Robert Alexandria, VA

Too long and too many documents. The person who worked with me, Nicholas, was able to get things straightened out and I got the best service from him but I wish the central office was more efficient.