Beyond Finance Logo

Beyond Finance

1.9

LAST UPDATED: September 14th, 2021

Beyond Finance is a debt consolidation company with a simple mission: to help people save money, gain control of their finances, and borrow responsibly. As the consumer debt market continually grows, Beyond Finance works around the clock to create both practical and fair debt management services that are customized to its customer's needs.

Beyond Finance also aims to go above and beyond in customer service, and clients have access to the company's consultants — who are there to guide clients through every step of the process and provide personal support and solutions.

The company has offices in Chicago, Houston, and San Diego and was founded in 2016.

The Good

• Simple Process
  • Accreditations
  • Services

Simple Process

Beyond Finance has a simple, three-step process to help clients settle their debts. First, the company analyzes your existing debt to ensure the company will be able to help you. If it can, the Beyond Finance team will work with you to develop a debt relief solution that fits your unique needs.

Then, Beyond Finance will work on your behalf to settle your debts and save you as much money as possible. These results are not always guaranteed, however, and it is important to realize that if you agree to work with a debt settlement company, you do so at your own risk and may end up paying money in without getting the results you want.

The final step in the process is to eventually move beyond your debt (hence the company name.) As you start making a single monthly payment into your Beyond Finance account, the company will help you diminish or refinance your debt in less time than you might be able to do on your own.

Again, remember that this process is different for every client, and while debt relief companies have helped many clients reduce their debt over time, this isn’t always the case and results are not guaranteed.

Accreditations

Beyond Finance is an accredited member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), which is one of the primary organizations with which a debt relief company can become accredited. The AFCC sets industry standards and regulates ethical business practices among debt relief companies, so it’s great when a company is a member and is thus accountable to those standards.

We don’t find any evidence that Beyond Finance is accredited with other organizations, but the AFCC is a great start.

Services

Beyond Finance is a debt consolidation company. This means that when you choose to work with the company, you start making a monthly payment into a special account that you create solely for the purpose of paying off debts.

After you have accrued enough money (generally four to six months into the process), Beyond Finance will start using the money in your account as leverage to negotiate settlements with your creditors.

If you are not current on your monthly payments, the debt settlement process might be delayed, because if you don't have enough money in your account with which Beyond Finance can negotiate, it will have to wait until you do.

The company also advises you to send any and all collection calls its way. If you receive a collection call, you can tell the person on the phone that you are working with Beyond Finance toward debt settlement, and he or she can contact the company directly with any questions.

The Bad

• Cost Not Published
  • Minimum Debt Requirement Not Published
  • Negative Reviews

Cost Not Published

We can’t find any information about Beyond Finance’s pricing or cost of services. Some debt relief companies are very transparent with this information, while others require you to schedule a consultation before you can get an idea of what you might be paying into the debt settlement program and what fees will apply.

Typically, you can expect to pay anywhere between 15 to 25 percent of your debt in fees to the debt relief company you choose to work with. If during your consultation with Beyond Finance, you realize that you will be paying more than this, you may want to consider other options.

Minimum Debt Requirement Not Published

We also cannot find any information regarding a minimum debt requirement for Beyond Finance. This either means the company does not have one, or that this information is just not available online.

During your initial conversation with the company, you will discuss the existing debt you have and the company will determine whether or not you qualify for its services. However, without a published minimum debt requirement, you will not know in advance if you have enough debt to work with Beyond Finance or not.

Negative Reviews

While Beyond Finance doesn’t have very many reviews on Best Company (only eight as of August 2021), most of these reviews are negative. This isn’t a good sign, as many of the reviewers say they would not recommend the company or its services and that they didn’t have great experiences with Beyond Finance.

Unsatisfied customers talk about the company’s terrible communication and poor customer service. Perhaps these things have changed since the reviewers left their comments, but some comments are fairly recent.

One happy customer, however, did speak to the company’s success in helping reduce his debt from $80,000 down to $30,000. This is a big win and hopefully, the company will start to see more reviews like this moving forward.

The Bottom Line

Due to the negative customer reviews and general lack of reviews, we have a hard time fully recommending Beyond Finance’s debt relief services to you.

While reviews aren’t the only determining factor in whether a company is ethical and professional or not, they do help potential clients know what they are getting into and help companies maintain a positive reputation. Thus, before we would feel confident telling you to use Beyond Finance, we would like to see more company reviews and the company's response to those reviews.

Beyond Finance is an accredited member of the AFCC, which is something we always like to see in a company. It would be worth scheduling a consultation with Beyond Finance and seeing if you like what you hear.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

1.4

Osiris Isis Evansville, IN

If I could write a review without having to give a star i would do without the hesitation. That in my opinion reviews need to be rated as 0 to 5 and Beyond Financie would definitely deserves a big ZERO. They are basically doing what you practically do on your own...Negotiating with your creditors Because of financial difficulties you are unable to pay and your asking for a settlement price; and to suspend your card. Well I'm being sued by a collection agency as a result of Beyond Financie; for reasons "beyond" me (pun intended) was unable to reah an agreement with Discover. So they reached out to me by referring me to a Lender to borrow more money to resolve what Beyond Financie failed to do. Do it your self speak to your creditors tell them your situation and suspend your card. And In your credit report Beyond Finance tells you it won't show up as a bankruptcy but it does at least in mine it did.

Lauren Snell Green Bay, WI

I started using this company a year ago. Turned out costing me way more money. I was making bi-weekly payments. Which was more then I was paying towards the credit card companies. Over $115 of each payment went to their fees and I found out only $5 was going to pay the actual credit card company. Then last month a got a summons to go to court. They had not negotiated with Discover, turned out they never even contacted to tell them I was in debt consolidation. I called beyond, they said they couldn't help me. I called a local lawyer where I lived, and he told me that it was a scam and to tell beyond I wanted my money back. I was also advised to close my bank account so beyond could not keep taking my money. So now I wait to go to court next week to explain to the judge why I have no money to pay discover, and I only live on a disability check....

Riad Almawy Dammam, 04

They promised to settle my debts with 3 banks but the settlement amount they "negotiated" would have been offered to me by the bank and saved me their whooping 23% fees payable on principal balance not the settled balance. They take their fees once I approve the settlement in advance. They failed to make a payment to one of my credit cards although the settlement was reached because the account was few dollars short and they never called me warned me. This bank withdrew the offer to settle and the situation stayed hush-hush in my account for 9 months until I decided to call them. Trying to reach any of their "courteous" operators or agents is easy, getting answers is the challenge. FInally they would not accept the responsibility for their failure to settle my card, didn't offer to refund me the amounts they paid partially to the bank that I lost or even to refund me the fees they collected on the settlement of this card which they failed to deliver. Add to it that they avoid communications by emails or mail and claim that all our conversations are on a recordede line, but they never shared with me the log of calls they claimed they made to me. I am taking them to court for sure.

Anthony Saugus, MA

I don’t know why there are negative comments as Beyond has significantly reduced my debt, helped us close accounts and pay off many accounts. Yes, you have to pay monthly to reduce your debt, but it’s worth it. From owing over 80k, it’s now down around 30k.

Bridget Koehn Kansas City, MO

I consolidated debt with them on 1/2020 & just received a summons to go to court on 5/20/21 from Discover. They STILL have not settled with this company. It's now on my credit report as bad debit. NO ONE has ever reached out to me regarding this issue. It took a sheriff to come knocking on my door. It's now 3 days before court & I had to call them. I've reach out to their "legal" dept several times & NOTHING!!! Would not recommend using their services!! HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION!!

sandy St. Petersburg, FL

DO NOT use this company. Please...there are much better companies that will help you. They are horrible and customer service is just awful, never had such a worse experience in my life. They will not help you in any way shape or form. if you have attorneys after you they will not help at all. Please look elsewhere, you will not be happy with this company.

Sohail James Ann Arbor, MI

Please please do not use their services. You will end up paying much more what you are paying to credit companies. They could not settled my debt with Discover card and ultimately I got notice of Garnishment from them, which means I have to pay them full amount. Never ever higher this company. Now I have to get lawyer to settle this debt.

Charlie smith Monterey, IN

I think I made a mistake hiring this company Beyond Finance I am very unsatisfied and don't feel that we had the same understanding of how this was to go on if you're negotiating my debt why is it that I have paid $2,900 in 11 months and have had one account settled wow my credit card utilization has went from 98% to 125% I keep getting threatening letters from attorneys and collectors and then I'm told they can't negotiate my other accounts until there's more money in my account this wasn't what I had in mind from what I was told I think I made a big mistake going with this company and at this point I can't recommend them to anyone else this is just the half of it but others have already said the same thing I'm thinking.

Min Villa Paso Robles, CA

Why do you charge 25% of the amount finance and a monthly fee of $11.99? Seems like a rip off. So people use another company!

MIAMIGIRL Miami, FL

I started in May - got letters from attorneys which I forwarded to them. No response except "we are working on it". I kept following up with I got another letter. No response. I was concerned about being sued - no response. I switch to another company CareOne whom a family member used about 10 years ago and they were very satisfied with them.