Capital One

Capital One Logo

9.4

Capital One

Capital One offers APRs ranging from 0 to 24.99 percent*

Founded in 1994 in Richmond, Virginia, Capital One offers a number of financial services, including credit cards, banking services, loans, and investments.

The Good

• Rewards
  • APRs
  • No Foreign Transaction Fee
  • Free Credit Score
  • Fraud Safeguards

Rewards

Capital One offers attractive rewards to its cardholders. For example, the company offers the Quicksilver card, which gives members every tenth Uber ride for free (up to $15), and the Venture card, which gives members two miles per dollar on all purchases.

APRs

For some of its cards, Capital One offers introductory APRs of 0 percent for the first nine to twelve months. After that, variable APRs range from 12.24 to 24.99 percent*, which is competitive within the industry.

No Foreign Transaction Fee

Capital One does not charge foreign transaction fees, which is a nice benefit for cardholders who travel frequently.

Free Credit Score

Capital One provides its customers with the ability to view and monitor their FICO score at no additional cost.

Fraud Safeguards

Capital One offers a number of fraud safeguards, including putting its associates through security training, putting social security number protections in place, and providing secure electronic funds transfers. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fees
  • Late Payment Penalties

Annual Fees

Capital One offers a few cards that charge an annual fee of $0. However, after that, annual fees can go up to $59 per year, depending on the card.

Late Payment Penalties

Depending on the card, Capital One charges a fee of $35 to $39 for late payments.

The Bottom Line

Capital One offers several great benefits, including a number of rewards programs, competitive APRs, and fraud safeguards. However, the company does have annual fees and late payment penalties in place.

Rob Whipple
July 16th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Website is easy to use. Sometimes have to wait to get through to customer service on the phone.

Spencer Hodgson
July 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Never had a problem with my credit card. They also give you credit wise for free so you can check your credit as much as you want and not damage it.

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

This card gives opportunity for someone whose credit may not be great, so it's great for rebuilding. They are also good at increasing credit lines in a timely manner. The interest rates are too high, but that's to be expected.

Harry Reker
July 10th, 2018 Maple Shade Township, NJ DETAILS

I have and use a Capital One card for many years and, by far, they have been the best Company, of many, that I have used. Whenever I had any issue their customer service has been beyond excellent in satisfying my problem in a professional, caring and expeditious manner. I am not a big fan of commercials but Capital One's "Don't leave home without it" slogan rings true for me.

Aaron Foote
July 9th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

I like my Captial One credit cards, especially. Really no issues from them as long as I have done my part and paying my bills on time. Even received credit raises without asking.

Kaleb Herbert
July 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Love this card. Interest is high, but I knew that before getting it. Great customer service and love the credit wise report I can check anytime.

Jim Stewart
July 6th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

Lowest rate card I have. Customer service is excellent.

Troy Siren
June 29th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I love my credit card and it all it’s perks. Lots of options to use for cash back or travel.

Diana Melnyk
June 25th, 2018

I am getting a lot of great airmiles using my Capitol One Travel card. I use it at Costco in Canada and I have no complaints.

Roger Becker
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great customer service and rates.. Have been a customer for over 20 years now.

Chris Gauvin
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Tons of option with money market accounts, savings, and checking accounts as well

Jeanine Crawford
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Conservative company which is good. Maybe too much so....never give credit line increase. lol

jennifer miller
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been very helpful in all ways that's why I try my best to keep it up to date and paid off

john a williams
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

they do everything well. It is sometimes difficult to reach someone but they have a lot of senior customers like me so i can understand.

Don Chambers
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy to use, able to lock/unlock remotely, no foreighn transaction fees

Darren Cardwell
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Capital One has great offers and great customer service.

John Walker
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent service for fraud and user friendly website efficiency

Michelle
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Best service. Great credit line. No hassles. Wonderful fraud team.

Rose Taylor
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They are very professional and they keep a very close eye on transactions and alert you immediatly

Ameera Alhussein
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! It is not hard to get in touch with customer service. They have an easy to use app you can download to keep an eye on your balance and spending. The app also let's you know what percentage of your credit you have spent and how it can affect your credit.

Cliff Strozier
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They stand behind you and if you have a fraudulent purchase they will reimburse you. If someone gets your card number they have no problem sending you a new card.

Sandra Morrical
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They are good but sometimes you get a customer service person that is not friendly

John Pcola

Increased my Credit Limit without my requsting it

Marybeth
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great app! No yearly charge. 1.5 Miles per dollar!

Maxine Opperman
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

The high interest rate renders this company less than preferable in general.

Lenora Jones
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

No problems,clear they are very helpful if you have any questions.

ria
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They are amazing and trustworthy I have never had a problem

Friend
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Interest rate is to high. Could be lower.

Deanna Parry
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

If you're even 1 day late with your payment they harrass the crap out of you by calling you repeatedly until you make that payment. They are not sympathetic if you were in the hospital or in a coma or whatever reason they don't care they called me as many as 9 times in 2 days all times of the day and night it's terrible.

Kenny Davis
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Very easy to communicate with and my card is used everywhere

Bill
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Their int. rate is too high, & they suck.

Jerry
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Not easy to increase credit line, can't get a car loan or check credit report, high interest.

Karen Ingram
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They advise me when my bill is due, tell me when I've made a payment, fedexed me a new card the day after fraud was detected and I get miles or money.

cassandra y hurd
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Because they gives you a chance to establish credit then any other companies

Philip Bagwell
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great all around service; cash back for every purchase; credit score grew while using Capital One

william yulfo
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great stay open luv selection and deal with real people honestly

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

They have so many options and so many rewards programs. Something for everyone.

Sadie Scoville
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Best cashback out there! I love the chat feature on their website to - makes it really easy to get questions answered

Pegfin
June 5th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Awesome customer service. Easy to work with

Branden
June 5th, 2018 South San Francisco, CA DETAILS

The costumer service department as well as the costumer relations department and the all around company as a whole were amazing and knowledgeable and efficient and accommodating, speak to you with more then just a friendly tone but moreso as if you were a family member to them I completely loved having them not only as a credit card provider but in my life all together!!!!