Founded in 2011, Vivint Solar is a renewable energy company based in Lehi, Utah, that sells, installs, and maintains PV solar energy systems.

The company is one of the most talked about solar panel installers in the industry, in part due to its notorious door-to-door sales approach.

Vivint Solar was one of the first rooftop solar companies to offer a power purchase agreement (PPA), which allows customers to pay only for the power the system produces during the life of the contract.

However, a potential drawback of the company, according to Vivint Solar reviews submitted to our site by previous customers, is a delay in getting the solar system up and running after it's been installed on the roof.

Go Directly to Vivint Smart Home Customer Reviews

The Good

• Several Payment Options
  • Warranty Coverage
  • Flexible Moving Options
  • Wide Availability

Several Payment Options

Vivint Solar offers a wide variety of payment options, including solar leases, power purchase agreements (PPAs), cash purchases, solar loans, and PACE financing.

As mentioned above, Vivint Solar pioneered the solar PPA, which is an option similar to a solar lease in that it allows homeowners to utilize alternative energy and save money on their electricity bill without having to invest any cash by allowing a solar system owned by a third party to be installed on their roof.

Power purchase agreements typically come with long-term contracts and allow homeowners to pay only for the system-produced power that they use at a flat rate.

With so many payment options to choose from, customers have the ability to take advantage of solar energy with a financing solution that fits their needs and budget.

Warranty Coverage

Vivint Solar offers a number of warranties for customers who select a solar purchase or a solar loan. For example, the solar installer offers a workmanship warranty that guarantees its work will be free from material defects for 10 years.

In addition, each solar panel system's panels carry a 25-year linear performance warranty, and inverters carry minimum 10-year manufacturers' warranties.

Flexible Moving Options

Vivint Solar has made it relatively simple for a customer to take care of their solar panels if they decide to move.

Customers will be given four options to choose from if they need to move while under contract with the solar company: transferring the agreement to the new homeowner, pre-paying the remainder of the contract, relocating the solar panels to their new roof at no additional cost, or purchasing the system outright (after six years).

Potential customers should be sure to consult a Vivint salesperson about moving options before signing any agreements if there is a chance they may have to relocate while under contract.

Wide Availability

Vivint Solar is one of the most widely available installers in the solar industry. The company currently offers solar installation services in all 50 states, as well as in Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.

This wide state availability increases the company's reach and gives a greater number of people the opportunity to reap the benefits of solar power and clean energy with Vivint Solar.

The Bad

• Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement
  • Permission-to-Operate Delays
  • Questionable Sales Tactics

Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement

It should be noted that Vivint Solar's PPA typically requires customers to sign into long-term contracts and be subject to a pre-determined price increase that is meant to account for the inflation of the cost of electricity year-over-year. This insures that the company still makes the same percentage proportionately.

With Vivint Solar, the price increase is currently set at 2.9 percent annually.

Permission-to-Operate Delays

While Vivint can install a solar energy system within a day, some customers have encountered issues with getting the system up and running. In fact, customers on our site have reported that it took three to six months to get their solar system running after the installation was complete.

Although this issue pertains more to the time it takes Vivint Solar to get permission-to-operate approval from the city, some customers have described Vivint Solar's customer support as being unresponsive and lacking quality customer service throughout these delays.

Questionable Sales Tactics

Vivint Solar utilizes a door-to-door sales approach to market its solar systems. While this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, several consumers have reported dealing with a sales rep who wasn't entirely upfront with them, provided incorrect information, or was overly persistant.

The Bottom Line

Vivint Solar is one of the largest rooftop solar installers in the United States and offers multiple financing options to help consumers of all budgets take advantage of solar power. Vivint Solar also provides customers with multiple moving options.

However, some Vivint Solar reviews left by consumers on our site have mentioned questionable sales tactics and poor customer service from the company after installation. Additionally, PPA customers are subject to annual rate increases.

3.1

Monti

August 10th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would like to not even grace the rating with a star. During the installation they were very attentive and promised us very low bills - 'we wouldn't even get an electric bill!' This is for a summer house which is unoccupied for large parts of the year. We are now overcharged by over $1200/annum from what they were before without solar. We cannot get in touch with them EVER . We have complained to the Better Business Bureau which prompted a response from them but we were unable to return the call as their voice mailbox is full. We have also lodged a complaint with the state attorney general. It's been three years of this. Stay well away!

Patrick

July 29th, 2020 Visalia, CA

I met with a salesman today and was talked into getting the solar. I decided to do some research online and I'm very happy I did, I do not think I will be going with this company. They seem to not have a very good post installment relationship.

Jul 29, 2020

Patrick, we are so sorry to hear this! Customer service is really important to us, and our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns that we can help resolve. Thank you!

David Schafer

July 27th, 2020 Sykesville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vivint Solar - I have had Solar Panels for a number of years that were provided by Vivint Solar. I was extremely happy on the front end of the transaction. They were nice and quickly set-up my panels. One of the key drivers was that for low cost they would remove, store and put back in place your panels if their was ever a need (i.e. Roof Repair). I thought this is a no brainer... lower electric cost, help the environment, and with little down side. Fast Forward to my roof needing repair... I have called repeated time to try and schedule an appointment, in fact, I am on hold as I type, going on 2 hours now. Now I will say there was a person available to take my money for the appointment. They were very available and free at that point. Then they passed me on to scheduling... I have been on hold for back to back days of at least 2-3 hours and still nothing. I have tried a number of different ways to contact them, Phone, E-mail, Live Chat. I even left a note for the CEO on the Vivint site, still nothing. I would be very very very afraid of entering into the 20 year contract they sell you. Buyer beware. They are non-responsive. I will need to hire a lawyer to get them to do what is in their contract. What a shame they made what I thought was a great idea and have become another non-customer focused company. Sell their goods and disappear

Jul 28, 2020

Hi David, thank you for letting us know. We have checked your account and can confirm that a removal appointment has been scheduled. We apologize for the delays, we have experienced slight disruptions due to COVID-19. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks!

Dave m

July 20th, 2020 Buzzards Bay, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far Vivint solar has been the most unorganized and slowest company that has done work for me. The reps don’t call you back, just one delay after the next. My panels have been installed for over three months and I am still waiting for the system to be activated. The whole summer is going to be gone before this system gets turned on. Aweful experience.

Jul 20, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Dave. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. We don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help speed things up? Thanks!

Andrea Steward

July 14th, 2020 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I took over the service when I bought my home. No one ever explained how the panels and billing worked and they never re-assessed my usage. As a result I just found out that I have been overproducing since I took over the service and have overpaid at least $2,000 over 2 years. When I tried to make a complaint I was sent through several different people and was never able to get any information (address, phone number, etc.) for their corporate office. Before they will due a curtailment and remove the excess panels, I have to sign an agreement that says it's a one time curtailment and that I can't file any more complaints (there's a lot of other stipulations that don't sound right). In the meantime I am still overproducing and unable to get any resolve.

Jul 15, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Andrea. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

happy customer

July 12th, 2020 Chula Vista, CA

I liked the excellent customer service that your sales manager Guy B provided. He was knowledgeable, informative, easygoing (not pushy at all), attentive (responded to questions right away) and professional. So far the entire experience from initial conversation to the install had been pleasant. One thing I do want to mention that I noticed at the start of the install was that one of the installation workers entered our home’s property without wearing a mask. It was brought up to the install person in charge and the issue was corrected immediately.

Jul 14, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Jeanne Aken

July 11th, 2020 Union Grove, WI

The installation crew was efficient and polite. My current agent is responsive. I am frustrated that my records on paper and what the app thinks I owe is different, has been and seems to take Herculean effect to resolve. I am also sad that since my parents representative moved, they will not get credit for referring me.

Jul 14, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Jeanne. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience with us. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can look at your account. Thank you!

Leonard lewis

July 11th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

The company kept there word . Showed up on time began work and cleaned up when finished.

Jul 14, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Leonard! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Stuart Watson

July 11th, 2020 Visalia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that I got solar panels with no outta pocket expense. Super happy and have done both my houses with Vivint!

Jul 14, 2020

Stuart, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Arliene Alcantara

July 9th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Your representative Josiah was great and the installers were very helpful and respectful. Thank you Vivint for this experience and opportunity.

Jul 13, 2020

Arliene, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Holly Ritter

July 9th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Everything has worked out well, except delay in city inspection and your AP which stinks.

Jul 09, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review, Holly. We are thrilled to hear that you've had a good experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into the delays that you mentioned and help resolve them. Thank you!

PAULA

July 6th, 2020 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This Company is the WORST , when it was to convince us to install the Panels they would not stop bothering , we finally installed the panels now that we need a new roof because it is raining inside our home , NO ONE responds to calls or e-mails , at the point that now I have to hire an Attorney to get the Panels down

Jul 07, 2020

Wow, we understand the frustration, Paula. We're so sorry you experienced this. Please send your address and review to [email protected] and we would be happy to resolve this for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Lee

July 2nd, 2020 Westminster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT go with Vivint. Vivint has one of the worst customer service ever. No accountability. No ownership. No one available to help when you really need them. But they do have people available to take your money. I WILL NOT recommend them to any of my friends or families. Our roof is in very bad shape. But in order for us to get it replace, we need to have Vivint come out to take down the panels. It has been almost a month after I paid the $500 fee to be on the waiting list to get the panel remove, and no response. I called them for an update and not one person I spoke with can help me. First person transferred me to a different department. Second person hung up on me after an hour of waiting. Third person is claiming I’m not authorized to talk about the account after 30 minutes. Wow!! My husband even tried their online chat and it was unsuccessful. I wish there was a way for us to term the contract we acquired from the pervious owners beside buying their panels.

Jul 07, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Lee. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

kg

July 1st, 2020 Lunenburg, MA

VIVINT SOLAR: This goes back over ten (10) months. At the beginning I got several calls from the local representative, finally we set an appointment which involved a tour of our property (in September 2019), listening to a lengthy presentation, and finally connecting with his counterpart in Utah. I was pushed to sign a contract so they could have a site person come out and evaluate the property. This contract was suppose to include several points that the local rep promised but somehow forgot or changed their minds, even after a signed the contract. These points involved removing an older active solar system (four panels and two storage tanks, 80 gallon each, tree removal to allow better sunlight, improved electrical panel to accomidate this new system, new roof, and disposal of all waste material). Also in the contract, we were suppose to be charged $181 per month, going up 2-3% every single year for 20 years. The only update to this initial contract was the monthly cost, which is neat tucked away in the last few pages of a length 40 page contact. Nothing we talked about was ever entered into this contract. When I finally started to review the contract word for word, several things were left out, and the rate was over $205 per month, also going up 2-3% per year for 20 years. When I contacted the Vivant Solar HQ in Utah, I was bounced around from one person to another, I have names and numbers if anyone needs to check. We are now at 10 months, and everyone I talk with at their HQ is the same, please forward all correspondent between myself and the previous reps, so they can come up to date, so NO RECORDS were ever kept on our discussion or updates by Vivint. Also, they decided to refuse to disconnect the existing unit, which would involve a plumber for about 3-5 hours. Initially they were going to have a plumber quote the job before moving forward, lastly they decided I had to find my own plumber and they might consider the charge, but absolutely refused to put this in writing. They surprised me in December 2019, when I got a call that a electrician was going to show up the next day to do the electrical work. I contacted the local rep and he said they were ready with the design and all. I told him to modify the contract to reflect everything we have agreed upon, I did document all of this and sent him a copy of my notes, he never denied the notes. Starting the work would tie me into this contract for 20 years, so I refused to let the electrician start the work, THIS WAS THE BEST MOVE ON MY PART. Once work begins, I cannot get out of the contract, so obviously they wanted to get going as soon as they could based on the initial contract. They are so smooth!!!! As far as I know, Vivint Solar is not BBB accredited and has a warning alert of Government Action on their page, as well as 813 filed customer complaints over the last 3 years.  I could go on and one about the way they stretched the truth at Vivint. I honestly believe that they all take a course in stretching the truth. Each person needs to make up their own minds about Vivint, but I would caution ANYONE considering Vivint to get every single point in writing and have a contract notarized from them. I personally would never recommend them, especially with the way they change their stories from day to day. I told them from day one, this would not be a typical project and the local rep and his co-partner in Utah had no problem and wanted to move forward. Everyone should make up their own minds, but if you blink even once, you can be paying more than expected and not get what you had agreed upon with these people. And once you get them into a corner, they just tell you that the contract has been cancelled and your account closed, never giving consideration for months of wasted time. I am now working with another company, that is completely different from the two faced people at Vivant. I am just presenting my experience and letting people know the type of people that they will be dealing with at Vivint, a twenty (20) year contract is a long time, make sure of what you sign and expect, DO NOT put any stock in their sales pitch. KG Massachusetts

Jul 02, 2020

Oh no, Jay! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Linda Weathers

June 27th, 2020 Santa Rosa, CA

Very pleasant work crew. Work looks good

Jun 29, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Linda! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Denise E. Webster

June 19th, 2020 Bowie, MD

Michael M was the representative who introduced me to Vivient Solar two years ago. I was traveling back and forth to New Jersey to help a family member. I informed him that I was traveling quite a bit and that I had heard some negative press about the company. Michael answered all of my questions as truthfully as he could and then told me he and Vivient would be ready whenever I was ready for an install. with me on my solar installation this past Wednesday, June 17th. When I reached out too him through a neighbor, he promptly responded. even with Corvid-19 happening, Mr. M has tried to accommodate me with any issues. On the day of install, he showed up to introduce the install crew and answer any o my concerns. The install crew, under the leadership of Gregory, was timely, professional, and polite. They answered my questions and concerns immediately. While the team seemed like they were brothers-there was no playing around and goofing off. They acted as if they wanted to be at work. They had great camaraderie yet didn't waste time. They really impressed me when they took the time to check their work (in the rain-for 20 minutes) before leaving my driveway. Vivient please hire more employees like Michael M, Greg and his install team!! The only problem I have with Vivient is the fact that I want and need a monthly paper bill.

Jun 22, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Denise! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can resolve your concerns about paper bills. Thanks!

Sigal Orgad

June 19th, 2020 Skokie, IL

The crew was great very professional, polite and respectful.

Jun 19, 2020

This is awesome, Sigal! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Marvin Nakamura

June 17th, 2020 Wailuku, HI

Vivint solar employees were friendly and hard working mens!!

Jun 17, 2020

Marvin, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Arline Bertelli

June 16th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Back in October of 19 I had the solar panels removed . They assured me that a license roofer would remove the panels. Came to our attention that the roofers VIVANT USED covered up the vents and completely removed them on the roof, and SEALED them closed .. This could have been a horrible outcome!! I am now seeking legal advice . If course have sent a email and no response

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Arline. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

Julie Rocha

June 8th, 2020 Merced, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve now survived my 2nd true up bill from Pacific Gas & Electric. I believe my 1st one last year was around $1200 which I was shocked at. Just last week paid the 2nd true up bill, it was wait for it, $2495.10!! I’ve sent 3 emails as I want responses in writing to Vivint and still no response. I want something done, corrected, changed or removed and can get no response. I’m in hopes by placing my frustration here someone from Vivint will write me back. I’m so mad at this, I don’t know how many times I told our smooth talking sales rep that if it sounds too good to be true it always is!! Very dissatisfied customer.

Jun 09, 2020

We appreciate the feedback, Julie. We're sorry to hear this. While savings will vary widely based on your usage, location, etc. we definitely want to make sure you're getting the most out of your solar system. Please send your address and review to [email protected] Thank you!

Christopher Newton

June 4th, 2020 Rancho Mirage, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The power is reasonably priced. Getting thru on the phone for service is impossible, no call backs. Our roof has been replaced and we want panels re-installed, and we cannot reach a representative. Have called 8 times and waited about 20 minutes for representative to come on the line, then phone disconnects.

Jun 05, 2020

Oh no, Christopher. We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Norbert Alves

June 3rd, 2020 , CA

So far so good everything went well they didn’t mess up my roof all is good so far

Jun 04, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Norbert! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Wilson Sexton

May 29th, 2020 Round Lake, IL

Constant communication and checking in. Great instalation. Just waiting on inspection and system to be turned on

Jun 01, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Wilson! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Mary Green

May 29th, 2020 Red Bluff, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been on your callback list for about 2 months now. I called the first week of April to have my panels removed so I could have my roof replaced. Was told because of the virus you were not scheduling installations or removals. Not an essential service? I lost my spotf for my roof replacement because of you. Called a couple weeks ago and was told I would get a call back within 24 to 48 hours, never happened. Waited till after Memorial Day and was told I would receive a call by the end of the week. Here it is Friday and no call again. Spoke with someone else who looked at my account and told me I needed to wait since I'm on the call back list. Also sounds like there isn't even a crew in my area? She said it could be 2 weeks to a month? How do you even do business if you don't have a crew? Do I have the option of trying to find someone local to remove and store panels so I can get my roof replaced. Also haven't had these panels 4 years yet. Why would you install panels of the roof needed to be replaced within 5 years?

Jun 01, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mary. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

adnan sawwan

May 28th, 2020 Gwynn Oak, MD

I like the best of VIVINT Solar their perfect performance as far the time they accomplished the installation at the promised time even with restrictions on the pandemic they still had good job

May 29, 2020

Adnan, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Michele

May 28th, 2020 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1st review May 28th, 2020 I have been trying to have my panels removed by Vivint Solar since the end of April so I can have my roof repaired from leaks where panels are. There contract says you need to give 30days notice to them in writing which I did I have called them and they say do to COVID 19 they stopped working I would think that they are essential workers since they deal with power which since I last checked was something very essential to have. I have been calling they tell you someone will get back to you by the end of the week surprise surprise no one ever does. So I call back same thing someone will get back to you or they put you on hold and hang up on you. But they have people working to take the $499 payment to have the system removed good thing those people are essential. So I guess my next stop is my lawyer to find out what I should do next so I don’t have to live with buckets anymore. 2nd review June 25th, 2020 Do not trust Vivint Solar they never give you a straight answer when you ask a question after you sign up with them if you make the mistake of signing up with them like I did Expect nothing but stress and aggravation and excuses. They will put you on hold or hang up on you or tell you somebody will give you a call back but they never do. Since they put the panels on my roof it's been nothing but a nightmare I needed them taken off so I can repair my roof they finally came after weeks of me calling constantly asking for them to come so I can stop the leaks in my roof now they basically will not put the panels back on and you will be charged if there not back on before the next billing cycle is what there contract says. They tell you you'll save money having it on your roof but trust me I haven't saved a penny I've paid more than I've ever paid in my life. I'm actually sitting here on hold for over 30 minutes now trying to get somebody on the phone when a team leader I just spoke to over an hour and a half ago told me he would definitely CC me in an email to escalate my issues and has not done that yet but he told me he was doing it right then. I finally got someone on the phone ask to speak with the team leader and he was to busy that he would call back but from past experience they never call back.If you want stress and aggravation in your life sign up with Vivint Solar 3rd review July 7 2020 They finally showed up on July 2nd but only put a few panels on. Only 2 guys out of at least 5 were working 1 was hurt From the day before 1 sat on my back step on his phone most of the day the others sat in the truck. Now they have never returned to finish the job. I call and get hung up on I call back the guy tells me to hold on then gets on and says if you have any questions call back and hangs up. I call again women just laughs and hangs up. The last call today they transfer me to a different department and the Representative I spoke with tried getting in touch with customer service for supervisor she was put on hold so that way she could tell me that they were getting one goes back and then she got hung up on. Like I said before I would never recommend Vivint Solar. If I could give it no stars I would

May 29, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Michele. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

Msorrough

May 26th, 2020 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is not the first time we have had an issue with our system. We really aren't happy. Last time it was only producing half of what it should for almost 6 months mid July 2019 till January 2020. Nobody was monitoring and noticed till I did after months of high power bills. So I called and complained to which they sent someone out and fixed it without telling me. The customer service rep actually hung up when we insisted he transfer us to a supervisor. He refused, said there’s nothing a supervisor can do over and over then said you’ll get no compensation and hung up! So they offered no compensation for the six months of extra power bills I paid. Now it says it wasn't producing at all for 6 days and again I am the one who caught it nobody monitoring the system like they told us they would when we bought it. So now after I call they're gonna send someone two weeks later to fix it and again offer no compensation. I tried emailing them and posting this review before I go to file a complaint with the BBB. Hopefully someone with some actual customer service training will see these and respond. I’d stay as far away from them as you can. As others have stated the sales staff is phenomenal but after you sign it’s all downhill! The installers were t great and changed the layout the engineer designed so it would be easier on them and promised it would not effect production but I think it has. Cause we’ve always produced less than what we were sold on. Then all the issues I already mentioned with the system and customer service and lack of monitoring. Be aware!!!

May 27, 2020

Thank you for reaching out. We see that you have emailed us at [email protected] and have assigned a specialist to reach out to you soon to help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Elaine

May 22nd, 2020 Willingboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We can never reach the right person for our issue. We had connectivity issues where nothing registered for about a year. Finally that was resolved and now we have leaks in our roof. The person who fixed the box for the connection issue took photos of the leaks in the ceiling and his supervisor also came to the house. We were told that they would file the complaint and we would hear something from the company. That was almost 3 months ago. We can never get through to anyone to answer the phone. I would tell ANYONE I spoke to that this company is not the one to trust for solar panels because when they are trying to get you to sign the agreement they are completely available and accommodating. Once those panels are on your roof they are the exact opposite. No customer service at all on the back end.

May 26, 2020

Oh no, Elaine! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Jean Dubois

May 19th, 2020 Napa, CA

We had our solar installed yesterday. The staff was amazing and did an awesome job.... They installed and cleaned up like they were never here. Truly professional group. Our inspection is on Thurs.

May 20, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jean! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Merrie Friberg Shinn

May 15th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Our sales person, Devereaux S, was terrific! He was very patient explaining the program with enthusiasm. He was dependable, punctual and well-groomed. The work crew were on time and worked hard and did a good job too. I would definitely recommend your company. At the time of the sales presentation, I had no desire to have solar panels, but your program convinced me. We are anxious to see the system in action. And no, Mr, S is not my grandson nor had I ever met him before.!

May 15, 2020

Thanks for your review, Merrie! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Sione Fe’iloaki

May 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My solar did not generate any energy for over a month and the head office did pick up on it and someone came and look at without me even asked for it. However the guy told me that there is some connection issue and they could not read my solar from their end and he will get someone to look at it but the system is working fine. After about 3 weeks from that day I did notice on the app that it's not generating so I called Vivint and was told that nobody report it, I ask to person I spoke about when the solar stop work and it was way before the person from the head office came and look at it. So I was lied to no surprise there. Four, five days later a technician came and replaced the box(whatever it's name is) and confirmed that it stop generating for nearly 2 months and told me to called customer service and they will credit my bill for that time.

May 14, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Sione. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

[email protected]

May 13th, 2020 Sayville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It has been 3 weeks that we have been trying to get our issue resolved with Vivint Solar. We have multiple leaks in our roof and need our system removed in order to get our roof replaced. It has been nothing but being on hold for hours and told they would call back which never happens. We have been given the run around and they have refused to give us a supervisor to speak with. They keep blaming covid-19 but they are essential workers and they are the only solar company that fir-load their employees. We have had third party companies offer to remove the panels but Vivint will not pay them for the work. Bottom line, they loose money removing and reinstalling the panels while our house gets damaged. This is unacceptable and a breach of contract! If you read other reviews this was an issue before covid-19 with Vivint Solar.

May 13, 2020

We're so sorry to hear this, Lauren. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Wayne Maki

May 12th, 2020 Romeoville, IL

Its taking too long to get the 'Certificate of Completion' that that my power company ( ComEd. ) needs to turn it on. I don't understand this!

May 13, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Wayne. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. We don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help speed things up? Thanks!

Reno

May 11th, 2020 Aurora, IL

The ease and flexibility with scheduling an appointment for installation is the first opportunity to receive focused support from customer service. Once the installation team was on-site the team lead communicated their intentions for the work and how the installation would progress. Work on our home began at 7am and ended at 5pm. During that time period there was minimal construction noise in comparison to the size and number of solar panels installed. When the work was completed all debris, boxes and other materials were picked up and taken away by the team. The only thing left behind were the beautiful solar panels that look like artwork on the roof. The installation was done while under a state stay-in requirement and the workers followed all social distancing protocols when interacting us, in addition to wearing shoe coverings and face mask protection when entering our home. From start to finish, we are pleased and impressed with the professional, attentiveness and commitment of Vivint Solar’s panel installers. Now, we will become users of Vivint Solar panels, which is another experience we can share in a few months.

May 11, 2020

Reno, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Francisco Pinto

May 7th, 2020 Redondo Beach, CA

5 stars from beginning to end. Clear and transparent lines of communication at all times. The team that came to my house to install the panels were all professionals efficient and courteous. It was a long day of work for them but I couldn’t be more happy or satisfied with their work and the whole process.

May 08, 2020

Francisco, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Jorge

May 7th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Very professional and treated me very professional

May 08, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jorge! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

RONNIE BLUM

May 7th, 2020 Northridge, CA

I have viewed the panels on my roof in they look as though they would done correctly! However I am totally disappointed that they are non functional. I did not know and what's not told that I must wait for two different inspections until they begin to work . I assumed that it would work the day they were installed! I don't think it's right to install the product in then inform me after the fact that I need 2 more inspections and that I must wait to to 6 weeks longer. I don't like surprises like that, especially since I was excited to cut my bill down immediately and not have to wait longer

May 08, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Ronnie. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. We don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help speed things up? Thanks!

Jolanda

May 7th, 2020 Vallejo, CA

Austin was great with presenting the contract to customers. The workers that installed the panels was very nice & was informative through the whole installation. So far we are still in the early stage, gentleman told my husband that within 2/3 weeks the city of Vallejo & PG&E will be coming to inspect. We made the right decision to go solar.

May 08, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jolanda! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Jose Alvarez

May 6th, 2020 Reseda, CA

Everyone was professional and courteous! The rep Mark Estrada was very knowledgeable and a stand up guy! I recommend him to all my friends and family.

May 07, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jose! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

JT

May 5th, 2020 Laguna Niguel, CA

Good service, neat work, no complaints so far.

May 07, 2020

Thank you for your review, JT!

kim grimes

May 5th, 2020 Willows, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't even rate this company with even 1 star!! It took over 9 months to have it hooked up! The salesmen were nice (of course) but sales tactics I now see is where we were blindsided. I pay twice if not three times as much as I did with my regular electric company!!!~ I called and they said yes they are working fine!! Yes they are for them that's for sure!! My bill for the last 3 months is well over $800 and I'm not even running any air conditioning. My heat and dryer are gas. Plus I use a wood stove in the colder months. I am beyond upset that I am paying so much for these panels to produce power that I do not even use. This was not explained to us at all... I want these things removed from my roof, but can't because of a contract. They need to do something because we live on a limited income do to our ages... Do not go with this company it's been nothing short of a nightmare

May 07, 2020

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kim. We definitely want you to experience all the benefits of solar. Can we have a look? Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can see if it's something on our end. Thanks!

Jesus

May 5th, 2020 ,

Good comunicación answer all the questions we had thanks

May 07, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jesus! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Poder Sinaloense

May 5th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

I had a great experience with vivint the customer service rep was very informative and got us a great deal on our panels. The installers did a wonderful job installing and cleaned up after themselves ..

May 07, 2020

Poder, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Barbara Kerr

May 5th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Vivint solar did an A+ job from signing me up at no upfront cost, super follow through, with Mike as my coordinator. Everything was done in a fair and reasonable time frame and inspector signed off on the job. Sweet!! Saving money and the planet! Barbara Oceanside, ca

May 05, 2020

Barbara, your review brightened our day! We're so happy to hear that you're saving money (and the earth) with solar energy! Thank you for taking the time to send us some feedback, we love having you in our solar community.

Jenny Martinez

May 3rd, 2020 Lancaster, CA

Rep was very knowledgeable, professional, and precise

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jenny! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Randy J. Mills

May 1st, 2020 Vacaville, CA

Very professional people in sales, review of the site, and installation. QA check at the end of the installation was impressive.

May 05, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Randy! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

esther karanja

April 30th, 2020 Dracut, MA

Vivint solar technicians have done a great job with installation. They are highly professional and right on schedule for their work. I am now waiting for the connection.

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Esther! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Enrique Martillo

April 30th, 2020 Hartford, CT

there are some boxes that look next to the iron panels put them inside the attic and they had put two panels wrong then they took them out and left under the roof something that looks like raised in four different parts .. my roof looks very bad now

May 05, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Enrique. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

shirley keener

April 30th, 2020 Encinitas, CA

Sales and installation people were knowledgeable and shared information with us. even the roofers were polite and didn't leave a mess. Great service

May 05, 2020

Thanks for your review, Shirley! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Steve Penrose

April 29th, 2020 Vacaville, CA

The process was effortless for us. Our Vivint representatives took care of everything from start to finish......and we got a re-roof with no money out of pocket.

May 05, 2020

This is awesome, Steve! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!