Founded in 2011, Vivint Solar is a renewable energy company based in Lehi, Utah, that sells, installs, and maintains PV solar systems. The company is one of the most talked about solar installers in the industry, in part due to its notorious door-to-door sales approach.

Vivint Solar was one of the first rooftop solar companies to offer a power purchase agreement (PPA), which allows customers to pay only for the power the system produces during the life of the contract.

However, a potential drawback of the company, according to Vivint Solar reviews submitted to our site by previous customers, is a delay in getting the solar system up and running after it's been installed on the roof.

#1 Sungevity chevron_right
#2 SunPower chevron_right
#3 Sunnova chevron_right
3.6

The Good

• Several Payment Options
  • Flexible Moving Options
  • Wide Availability

Several Payment Options

Vivint Solar offers a wide variety of payment options, including solar leases, power purchase agreements (PPAs), cash purchases, loans, and PACE financing.

As mentioned above, Vivint Solar pioneered the PPA, which is an option similar to a solar lease in that it allows homeowners to save money on their electricity bill without having to invest any cash by allowing a solar system owned by a third party to be installed on their roof.

Power purchase agreements typically come with long-term contracts and allow homeowners to pay only for the system-produced power that they use at a flat rate.

With so many payment options to choose from, customers have the ability to take advantage of solar energy with a financing solution that fits their needs and budget.

Flexible Moving Options

Vivint Solar has made it relatively simple for a customer to take care of their solar panels if they decide to move.

Customers will be given four options to choose from if they need to move while under contract: transferring the agreement to the new homeowner, pre-paying the remainder of the contract, relocating the solar panels at no additional cost, or purchasing the system outright (after six years).

Potential customers should be sure to consult a Vivint Solar sales rep about moving options before signing any agreements if there is a chance they may have to relocate while under contract.

Wide Availability

Vivint Solar is one of the most widely available installers in the solar industry. The company currently offers solar installation services in the following 21 states:

• Arizona
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Vermont

This wide state availability increases the company's reach and gives a greater number of people the opportunity to reap the benefits of solar power with Vivint Solar.

The Bad

• Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement
  • Permission-to-Operate Delays
  • Questionable Sales Tactics

Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement

It should be noted that Vivint Solar's PPAs typically require customers to sign into long-term contracts and be subject to a pre-determined price increase that is meant to account for the inflation of the cost of electricity year-over-year. This insures that the company still makes the same percentage proportionately.

With Vivint Solar, the price increase is currently set at 2.9 percent annually.

Permission-to-Operate Delays

While Vivint can install a solar energy system within a day, some customers have encountered issues with getting the system up and running. In fact, customers on our site have reported that it took three to six months to get the system running.

Although this issue pertains more to the time it takes Vivint Solar to get permission-to-operate approval from the city, some customers have described Vivint Solar's customer support as being unresponsive and lacking quality service throughout these delays.

Questionable Sales Tactics

Vivint Solar utilizes a door-to-door sales approach to market its solar systems. While this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, several consumers have reported dealing with a sales rep who wasn't entirely upfront with them, provided incorrect information, or was overly persistant.

The Bottom Line

Vivint Solar is one of the largest rooftop solar installers in the United States and offers multiple financing options to help consumers of all budgets take advantage of solar power. Vivint Solar also provides customers with multiple moving options.

However, some Vivint Solar reviews left by consumers on our site have mentioned questionable sales tactics and poor customer service from the company after installation. Additionally, PPA customers are subject to annual rate increases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.0

Laura Mokry

March 27th, 2020 Algonquin, IL

We had the Vivint Solar team out the other day, they were kind, professional and extremely respectful during this install. They made sure we were happy every step of the way and showed compassion through this rough time, while respecting our stay at home issue and never came inside our home and respected the 6 foot space restrictions currently in place! Thank you!

Tom Struthers

March 26th, 2020 Windsor, CA

Installation of our system was completed earlier this week. While it isn't operational yet, waiting for the power company to switch out meters, our entire experience with Vivint has been outstanding, from the sales rep, Jesse, and the inspector who evaluated our home's suitability, to the installation crew. Everyone was happy to answer all our questions and explain how the system will work. Installation was done quickly and efficiently. My only suggestion would be that the time window in the pre-installation email be a little more clear. My email said that installation would be between 6 and 10 am. I was up and had our cars moved at 6, but the crew didn't arrive until 9. Once I found out that they had traveled from Concord, some 85 miles from here, I understood the arrival time, but it would have been better if I knew how far they had to travel to get here.

Elizabeth Swolgaard

March 20th, 2020 Santa Maria, CA

When the guys came up to put the solar panels up, they were nice but they did a horrible job. Before they left I went out to look at the panels and all of the metal flashing that they attach the panels to were all buckled and bent, to the point of where the paint was coming off. It looked so trashy on my almost brand new house. I was very upset that the work was so trashy. I talked to them and they weren't very happy that I was wanting them to fix it. But they got back on the roof and tried to replace the metal flashing. But after seeing the job they did right where it is super visible, I am really upset thinking about the job they did where I can't see it. I now feel like my roof is probably going to leak.

Mar 20, 2020

We're so sorry to hear this, Elizabeth. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Can we have a look? We have sent a private message with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you.

Barbara Ostrowski

March 20th, 2020 Albany, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Vivint solar since 2015 I save tons of money I wanted to go solar but couldn’t afford to buy the panels out right I save $200 to $300 a month in the summer months It cost nothing to install If I choose to remove the panels It costs me $350 Which is nothing compared to my savings My sales person when I signed on was Jason He was very informative and not pushy I researched the company for a couple of months Then I decided to join them Never once did he push me when I was researching them My only issue with solar panels on the roof is the snow falling off the roof (it falls off hard all at once) My gutters have had to be reattached to my house twice My neighbor who was anti solar Signed on to Vivint in 2017 I shouldn’t speak for them However they say the savings is outstanding (they have heated pool and central air conditioning) I have had other people sign with them I was promised a finder gift Never received anything But I still recommend them Great savings if you use a lot of electricity 👍👍👍

Mar 20, 2020

Thanks for your review, Barbara! We're so delighted to hear that you're saving money with solar. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for years to come. Thanks for doing your part to take care of our earth.

Claxton Haggard

March 17th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing but a problem since day one, which dates back to June of 2017. After signing papers in July 2017, they never came until Oct of 2017 to do the install, From that point it took until mid May of 2018 for them to finish the system. Long story short the system has been down for almost 2 years. I am looking into legal ways of having them take the system off of my roof.

Mar 17, 2020

Oh no, Claxton! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. We sent you a private message with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Dean Miller

March 16th, 2020 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst decision ever. They are so compartmentalized that they are dysfunctional. One department transfers you to another, then another. I moved out after transferring service to the new owner and still received bills. They over charged me and charged me for the same time frame I was charged by Edison.

Mar 16, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Dean. We are so sorry you experienced this. We have sent you a private message with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you.

luvbubbles

March 12th, 2020 Menifee, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Costs more than I thought it would. Refuses to send out a paper bill! Have to auto pay to even see your bill online!!

Mar 12, 2020

We appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear this. While savings will vary widely based on your usage, location, etc. we definitely want to make sure you're getting the most out of your solar system. We have sent you a private response with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

JK

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the things that were important to us was service AFTER the sale. Vivint says you must have a broadband connection because the system is being constantly monitored, and they will call YOU if there's an issue. Our system was down for a week before I discovered it myself. Now they say it is our responsibility to manage our system! Also, the tech that came out said there are only TWO SERVICE TECHS for the entire state of Utah! What happens the next time there's a hail storm? They also say that everyone that comes to the home is a Vivint Employee and they don't sub-contract. Which means if there is a hail or wind storm, it will be months (or years!) until they can get around to fixing my system. They misled us throughout the process.

Mar 11, 2020

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! We have sent you a private response with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

gary

March 11th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was misled / lied by your sales representative Brian B. He told my wife we had a no cost cancellation clause in Maryland which turned out to be false. I have a copy of an email sent to Brian reiterating my concerns prior to the installation and again he assured me that there's no cost cancellation. Now 7 years later were trying to sell our house and most people walk away the moment I bring up the leased Solar Panels

Mar 11, 2020

Oh no, Gary! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. We have sent you a private response with our contact information so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Carolyn j Shively

March 10th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy, simple, and no problems. Wish we had a battery backup to go off the grid. Have not paid for any electricity.

Mar 11, 2020

Carolyn, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean. We currently offer batteries in select areas in California, Hawaii, and Utah and are working on providing them in more markets. If you are interested in learning more about batteries and being placed on a wait list please visit our website. Thank you.

ma ta

March 8th, 2020 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It saved us 48% from our power bill, and we own electric car this is a huge savings and their warranty, and ecstatic look,

Mar 09, 2020

This is awesome! Saving money and the environment is what we love to hear. Thanks for choosing us as your solar provider. We're so happy to have you in our community.

John Shea

March 6th, 2020 Auburn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing but a problem since day one, which dates back to Nov of 2014. After signing papers in July they never came until Nov of 2014 to do the install, of which it was 4 days after the death of my wife. From that point it took until mid Feb of 2015 for them to finish the system. Long story short the system has been down for almost 2 years. I am looking into legal ways of having them take the system off of my roof. John F Shea Auburn, Ma

Aug 07, 2018

John, we are sorry for any frustration we may have caused. Please email us your address or service number to so that we may locate your account to further assist you.

Katy Wilson

March 6th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would NEVER recommend this company. Vivint Solar stated installation of panels would cut our electric bills in half: year to year eleven month comparison shows an increase of about $48 certainly no savings ; according to supervisor there is not a guaranteed saving for any customer Company stated could not add panels as Nevada Energy would not allow for one year (their analysis when I called several months ago in regards to my energy bill showed I needed additional panels); called NV Energy and found we could add or upgrade when ever; called company back and was told they would submit paperwork to install additional panels; panels NOT installed and was told today will not add per company policy until installed one year (3 weeks from now) representative refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor then stated she would speak to them and see IF they would talk to me; then placed on hold for 8 minutes Now attempting to sell home and have 2 offers fall through because it is Vivint Solar. Cost to pay off potential energy through end of contract $14000 plus; taking with us is not an option as takes about 10 months for all approvals to get through and we have to pay to move. Feel Vivint Solar used false advertising and statements to persuade us to sign with their company. Purpose of complaint is to make you aware of poor customer service; shady sales tactics, and lack of general false business tactics in order to gain a customer base.

Mar 06, 2020

Katy, thank you for reaching out. We have assigned a specialist to reach out to you soon to help resolve your concerns. Thank you.

Marlene NcCraw

February 19th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My installation went smoothly. I specifically asked about pigeon infestation because it happened to my neighbors. I was promised a pigeon guard would be installed. If there was a problem vibrant would handle it. Now I have a pigeon infestation and it is a new installation. I called to report the issue and ask the company to make good on their promise. I was told to hire an exterminator and pay for a pigeon guard and I would get a discount for the guard. The call dropped and there was no follow-up. The integrity and business practices are terrible. They do not make good on their promises. I would not recommend the company. The savings are minimal and the cost for pigeon remediation far outweighs the savings. I have pigeon all over my yard it is a health hazard.

Feb 19, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Marlene. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to so that we can help you out. Thank you!

William

February 19th, 2020 Plainfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system was installed on November 6, 2019. I signed up for the system in July. I had to call my municipal inspector to get the system inspected. I did so after a two week delay and the app they provided did not show a request for inspection. My system was approved on December 9th. I was told it would take approximately 30 days for operating approval from my utility. I made my first payment on the loan financing my system on January 8th and my system still was not working. I called customer service and I was referred to a customer service rep who agreed to refung my first payment and several days later I was informed that there was an error in the application to my utility. I have contacted the installer and the customer service rep about the progress in getting my system approved by my utility about a week ago and have recieved no response. I have made my second payment on the loan on February 10th and supplied the rep with my proof of payment. I have yet to hear from anyone as of the date of this rating February 19th. Communication is the key to good customer relationships. I can understand mistakes can and are made but there is no excuse for lack on communication. I am further upset to pay for a system which I do not know will work.

Feb 19, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, William. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience with us. We're sorry to hear that it's taking longer than expected. Please send your address and review to so we can look at your account. Thank you!

Ron

February 19th, 2020 Egg Harbor, NJ

Sorry, but we asked the fella Several times Of the cost for this Service and was told Repeatedly it would cost us $0 .which was untrue .we would have to pay for the solar panel system use . I found this out by asking one of their Customers which who was not satisfied .at all .So we canceled it .Sorry .

Feb 19, 2020

Wow, we understand the frustration, Ron. We're so sorry you experienced this. Please send your address and review to so that we can look further into this. Thank you.

Deborah Sharpe

February 13th, 2020 Clayton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No one mentioned how much I would save with Vivint. Now that I have a few years to compare I am very disappointed! Vivint charge me $86 to generate solar April 2019 And PGE reimburses me unused power equivalent to $15 I pay alot of money to Vivint this year and for the next 19 years!

Feb 13, 2020

We're so sorry to hear this, Deborah. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to so that we can help resolve this for you. Thanks!

Manjit

February 12th, 2020 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It all started with Chris L coming to my office to give a presentation about Vivint Solar. He took his time to explain the process and the benefits of Solar. Chris kept communication along the way and made himself available whenever I had questions. So far the process has been very smooth. Just got my installation done yesterday and now just waiting for the city to inspect. By the way, installation crew was very efficient as well and explained the process. Can’t wait until it’s all done and I start getting energy from Solar. Thanks Vivint Solar and Chris for great Customer Service.

Feb 12, 2020

Thanks for your review, Manjit! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Joe

February 12th, 2020 La Mesa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use @VivintSolar . I have been waiting 2 months for them to finish the install and they still have not schedule for inspection. My neighbor used another company and they got their system installed, inspected and running inside a month. Vivint is terrible.

Feb 12, 2020

Oh no, Joe! We are sorry to hear that the preparation process is taking a long time. We have assigned a specialist to reach out to you to help resolve your concerns.

Chris Spellman

February 12th, 2020 Cary, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am astounded at how bad the customer service is. Here is an example. I found out on December 9 that our new system wasn't generating electricity and hadn't been for over a month. It took over a month and 6 phone calls from me to them to get it fixed. In that time, they promised me 6 call backs and made only 2. They promised to have people come to the house 5 times and only did it twice. And why weren't they fulfilling their legal obligations under the lease and monitoring the system? Why did it take *me* checking on the system to notice that it was down? There have been a number of other problems, both before and after going live, and the system has only been on-line for less than 4 months. I'm currently trying to get them to take a look at their web site, which stopped working a week and a half ago. 3 calls to customer care and multiple email messages to [email protected] have produced nothing useful. I have no idea when/if it will get resolved. On the plus side, the system is now working, which is over 95% of why I'm their customer. But their customer service is as bad as I've ever seen in my 60+ years. Painfully bad.

Feb 12, 2020

Chris, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable for our customers. We have assigned a specialist to reach out to you soon to help resolve your concerns. Thank you.

Gamal

February 5th, 2020 Bayonne, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

its has no different on my part except saving money and creating cleaner air without trying hard. thanks to you all hopefully their will be more join solar

Feb 06, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Gamal! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

John Phelan

January 23rd, 2020 Redwood City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vivent led with the leasing option for solar, but turned out to be very competitive and comprehensive for the outright purchase path which we preferred. Our local rep, Joel S, has also been great. Patient, responsive and collaborative as we navigated the sometimes complex options.

Jan 23, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, John! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Carlos Aguilar

January 23rd, 2020 San Mateo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The reason I went with Vivint is solely due to the rep I met one evening Joel S. He was so upfront and has been so responsive throughout the entire process I not only put Vivint solar on my house but also on our second home. In addition I referred him to all my clients as well as the owners of properties I manage.

Jan 23, 2020

Carlos, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean. We appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for choosing Vivint Solar!

Mark M.

January 23rd, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is SCAM, stay FAR FAR away from them! Their sales tactics and lies should be classified as predatory. An Attorney General in NM file a lawsuit against this company back in 2018 for the very same practices that happened to me. There's a really good article worth reading, located at kob.com, (search for article #10028, dated 12 March 2018) that outlines exactly how they operate. Needless to say, nothing the salesman said was true. I look forward to Vivint.Solar replying to this review like they have so many others. At least it will be the first time they actually make contact with me rather then their Debt Collection lawyer. Oh wait, you probably thought like any other normal person that a nationwide company couldn't possibly be this shady. Just wait until 18 months goes by, your solar panels still haven't been turned on, and you receive a bill for over $60,000.

Jan 23, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mark. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to so that we can look further into your concerns. Thank you.

Jacquelyn Pinkney

January 22nd, 2020 Inglewood, CA

I just had my solar panels installed. So far everything that was told to me happen as they said. David has been very helpful and provided great customer service and information. Looking forward to seeing how much my bill will be reduced.

Jan 22, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jacquelyn! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Anthony G

January 20th, 2020 Gainesville, VA

Slightly more than 3 months into our transition to Solar and it is nearly completed. So far, everything has gone to plan. Tyler H was very professional and his assistant Chrissy D were always there to answer our questions along the way. Financing has been solid. Existing roof and electrical inspection went great. Our 43 panel installation was completed in less than 7 hours once County permits were approved. Installers were efficient and left everything the way they found it. Original install date was rained out and we were glad they were willing to reschedule for the next Sunday open. County electrical and structural inspectors both came the same day within a half-hour window and found no issues. Utility Company (NOVEC) came in less than a week to switch over our Meter and did so without having to power down the whole house. All we are waiting on now is for VIVINT to notify us that we are cleared to operate. Thanks again to Tyler, Chrissy and the rest of the VIVINT SOLAR team.

Jan 21, 2020

Thanks for your review, Anthony! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

James

January 16th, 2020 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had the Vivint Solar Company install solar panels on our roof in which we’re faulty. They were supposed to be coming to fix the roof from the leaking caused by the solar panels. Putting up critter guards they left off on our driveway side of our house and raising up the panels to prevent any other damage. Reinstalling the rest of the panels they took off. So far we had a roofing contractor come over to access the damage to our roof putting a patch on the holes with grey shingles on a brown roof as well as the new holes to be fixed left putting a metal patch without shingles also leaving insulation and mites all over the attic that needs to be cleaned out professionally. This has been going on since April 24 th 2019 Now going on January 15th 2020. We are still waiting for the roofing company to fix the damage to our roof and attic in which we have found more holes from the squirrels nesting that are attractive to the sow bean wiring as seen on PBS and other channels to naw on. Thanks to Vivint Solar for all your help in this matter.

May 09, 2019

Hi James, We are sorry to hear that you have been frustrated with your experience in going solar. Will you please send an email with your address to , so we can look into your account? We would like to help resolve your concerns. Thanks!

April Morrissey

January 14th, 2020 Oroville, CA

This was a confusing experience. My husband and I separated before the panels became active. I had the same phone number for a long time, no calls on it from this company. That was in October 2017. My husband and I went back and forth and w the company and after sending in one transfer agreement by mail and two by email, finally we got the service transferred into just his name in July. He has been using the panels and paying his bill. They send me a $34k bill. In our divorce papers I was ordered only to pay $800 since I was moved out before the panels were active. They were made aware of this and sent the court papers. After this is when I was sent this enormous bill. As a consumer it’s a sign to me that a business is not doing well if they start to try to extort money from their previous customers. I’ve contacted the BBB about the matter and am still waiting to hear back. This bill scares me very much. I’ve never seen a bill that high in my life. For anything!

Jan 14, 2020

Thank you for letting us know, April. We have created a case and assigned a specialist to reach out to you to help resolve your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please email us at . Thank you!

Jason Kounas

January 14th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If i could rate this company with a "Zero" I would so ignore the "1 star ranking". This by far the worst customer service care I have ever experienced in my life with any company. THE WORST!!!! Do not sign up a contract with this company. I have had them for five years and they have my hands tied due to the fact that I signed a 20 year contract and they know it. I had issues in the past where the system was not working and it took way too long to fix. I will say they did reimburse me for it not working for those six months but then again they should right? I am paying more money to my local utility than other people in my area who have solar also. I have brought this to their attention now on four occasions over the past four months. If there was a way to remove the system, terminate the contract, and allow me to have another company's business I would do it even if it cost me more money to start over due to their poor service.

Jan 14, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Jason. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Sarah

January 6th, 2020 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I still have not had my solar panels connected although the panels are on my roof. My husband continues to call for status of our solar and no one from this company ever follows up. We regret doing business with this company

Jan 10, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Sarah. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience with us. We're sorry to hear that it's taking longer than expected. Please send your address and review to so that we can take a closer look. Thank you!

Brian Milligan

January 3rd, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

amazing experience with this company. they treated me with honesty and respect

Shuyang yu

December 19th, 2019 Fremont, CA

Chris L. is good salesmen from San Jose office. He always keep me update and care about if we have any questions. I will refer him more customers

Dec 20, 2019

Your review brightened our day, Shuyang! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Barbara Last

December 19th, 2019 Marshfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

October 2018 contracted with Summit Solar who then sub contracted with Vivint Solar . March 2019 they came to start installation. One error after the other , they tell us we are all set to turn on in August 2019. Moving forward it is Dec 18, 2019 we are still not on. The poorest communications , serve provider.

Dec 20, 2019

We're so sorry to hear this, Barbara. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send us an email to with your address so we can look into this. Thank you.

Carmen Sanchez

December 10th, 2019 Salinas, CA

It was very good experience and it was kept professional. He let me know what he was going to do, why he was going to do it, and made sure I understood what he was saying to me.

Dec 11, 2019

Thanks for your review, Carmen! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

YarmouthRaul

December 6th, 2019 West Yarmouth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thiago knocked on my door last summer and explained to me how solar and Vivint worked. It took a few months to get installed, and now I’ve had the system on for over a year and the savings have been really good. They used black panels and they look perfect on the roof, thanks Thiago

Dec 10, 2019

This is awesome, Raul! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

MarkB

December 6th, 2019 Scotts Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was excellent and our rep, Aaron, was patient with our questions. After we signed up, he shepherded us through the entire process.

Dec 10, 2019

Thanks for your review, Mark! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Markeeta Fields

December 4th, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chris L was very friendly, knowledgeable, and interested in answering my questions.

Dec 04, 2019

Your review brightened our day, Markeeta! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

BrunoCor

December 3rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thiago had installed a couple of my friends that were really happy with thier systems, and that's what convinced me to work with Thiago and Vivint to put solar on my house. The savings have been great and Thiago has always been responsive and available to answer any questions I had.

Dec 04, 2019

Thanks for sharing your story, Bruno! We're thrilled that you're saving money while you reduce your carbon footprint!

Peggy Handono

December 3rd, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to thank you for having Chris L explain to us how the solar system work very clear and thorough and highly knowledgeable about ‘this product and process . I am convince that he really care about his customer . 5 star for Chris.

Dec 04, 2019

Peggy, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Dave M

December 3rd, 2019 Fremont, CA

In Fremont CA area. Rep Chris L was awesome every step of the way. Explain all questions to satisfaction. Installation team was efficient and made sure all proper pass inspections.

Dec 04, 2019

Thanks for your review, Dave! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

erastus johnson jr.

November 27th, 2019 Baltimore, MD

Very good experience with excellent results.

Dec 02, 2019

Thanks for your review, Erastus! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Dale

November 26th, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chris L was my sales rep. From the initial contact with the salesman all the way through to the final inspection, every Vivint Solar employee I’ve encountered has been very professional and has a great attitude. Very happy and would definitely recommend. Chris was very attentive and made sure we were serviced all the way through.

Nov 27, 2019

Thanks for your review, Dale! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

ursula dorothy ulrich

November 21st, 2019 Scotts Valley, CA

I was very impressed with your installers. They were polite, conscientious, and did a wonderful job installing the solar panels. They must not be from here

Nov 25, 2019

Thanks for your review, Ursula! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

ScT

November 19th, 2019 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's all about the support service. With Vivint that mean foreign speaking staff that refuse to transfer customers to the USA . Highly untrained staff barely understand American English . We made three calls of over 30 minutes each after constant disconnects without one grain of assistance. In two hours we still had zero contact with a technical support person. Unless you have barrels of time and the patience of angels, don't use Vivint. Anyone can sell but service is the key. We are still on hold after three hours for after asking for simple support.

Nov 25, 2019

Thank you so much for letting us know. We are sorry this was your experience, we don't want you to feel frustrated! Please send us an email to with your address and this review so we can assist. Thank you!

l. r.

November 19th, 2019 Ludlow, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been put off TWICE by poor customer service. I was told TWICE I would have a technician come visit my home for vivant solar panel check-TWICE he NEVER came. I have complained and gotten no where. Customer care specialist Nemiha S has not replied to my inquiries-promised to send info at the end of the weekend. NEVER has replied to my follow up inquiries. Elizabeth M, solar performance specialist, NEVER replied to my complains and failed appointment set for a technician to visit the solar panels. I have sent multiple inquires and have not heard from management, nor from the original sales man, David Y. Have you folks folded as a company? I pay my bills on time and get no replies to inquiries or to service followups. This is the THIRD service evaluation that I complained and never got a follow-up. But, your customer service people also need re-training-one idiot did not listen to my inquiries and when I asked for his manager-he just dumped my in the queue again. Poor service, poor customer service, and poor responses to customer complains-all the elements of a YOU TUBE VIDEO AND BAD PUBLICITY. Are your folks listening?

Nov 25, 2019

We're so sorry to hear this. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Can we have a look? Please send us an email to with your address and this review so we can help resolve this for you. Thanks!

George

November 19th, 2019 Denville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

About two years ago snow and ice slide off the panels, which damaged leaf guard/roof gutter. I called over one year ago for help to have ice breakers installed to avoid the roof gutter getting damaged again. I got not response, until recently I saw a meter reader on my street in Denville, NJ. I expressed to him my dissatisfaction, and he said a lot of people are complaining about the customer service. Someone called two days ago to help me, but I could not talk at the time. I was on the phone with the mediocre customer service that bounced me from one rep. to another for over one hour, until I got cut off. Someone called after the cut off, and said it was the computer dropped the call. I then heard silence, so nothing happened. I am very sorry I sign up for this service, and I would discourage anyone from signing up with Vivint Solar. This company is not interested in customer service! I am a very disappointed customer, and should really file a complaint with better business bureau. This company deserve less than a one star!!!

Nov 25, 2019

Thank you so much for letting us know, George. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send us an email to with your address and this review so we can look into this for you. Thanks!

Ralph

November 14th, 2019 Ramona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer of Vivint Solar since 2014. Generally satisfied. My average monthly bill with Vivint is $135. I haven't paid SDG&E a dime for 5 years.

Nov 14, 2019

Ralph, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

George M Daluz

November 13th, 2019 Escalon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had my Vivint solar for 3 years now. My energy bill has gone up and my year true ups ridiculous no matter what I do. I've complained several times and all they do is shuffle me around different so called customer service people. I last dealt with a Jennifer from Utah, she sent someone out who left a note that said "system is underperforming". I've since called her and left vm's 3 times, and no return call. This company is not interested in customer service! Please do not use them. I wish I had checked reviews before signing a contract.

Nov 13, 2019

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, George. While monthly savings will vary depending on your usage, we definitely want to look into this for you to make sure you're getting the full benefits. Please send your address and review to so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Norma dardiz

November 5th, 2019 Haines City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vivent promised me that I was going to pay less on my electric bill, and I am paying more then I was previously.. will be calling Vivent to take the solar panel off my roof, or will proceed to take legal action.

Nov 07, 2019

We appreciate you reaching out to us, Norma. We want to look into your concerns. Please send us an email to with your address and this review. Thank you.

Ken Fisch

November 5th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am having a problem with customer service and Sales People that lie to you. My system was down for 6 weeks durring the summer and they never knew about it despite the sales man telling me that "we would know about a problem before you ever do". I get answers like we have too many people to monitor every system or it's your fault for not checking it! Stay away! Everything they promised was a lie!!

Nov 07, 2019

Hello Ken, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you are still experiencing issues with the system please email us at with your address and this review. Thank you.