Vivint Solar

6.5

Founded in 2011, Vivint Solar is a renewable energy company based in Lehi, Utah, that sells, installs, and maintains PV solar energy systems. Although the company was acquired by Sunrun Solar in 2020, Vivint Solar still operates under its own brand.

The company is one of the most talked about solar panel installers in the industry, in part due to its notorious door-to-door sales approach.

Vivint Solar was one of the first rooftop solar companies to offer a power purchase agreement (PPA), which allows customers to pay only for the power the system produces during the life of the contract — often at a lower rate than their electric bill.

However, a potential drawback of this residential solar company, according to Vivint Solar reviews submitted to our site by previous customers, is a delay in getting the solar system up and running after it's been installed on the roof.

Go Directly to Vivint Smart Home Customer Reviews

The Good

• Several Payment Options
  • Warranty Coverage
  • Flexible Moving Options
  • Wide Availability
  • Solar Battery Storage

Several Payment Options

Vivint Solar offers a wide variety of payment options, including solar leases, power purchase agreements (PPAs), cash purchases, solar loans, and property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing. Both cash purchases and solar loans allow homeowners to take full advantage of the federal solar tax credit and other incentives.

As mentioned above, Vivint Solar pioneered the solar PPA, which is an option similar to a solar lease in that it allows homeowners to utilize alternative energy and save money on their electricity bill without having to invest any cash by allowing a solar system owned by a third party to be installed on their roof.

Power purchase agreements typically come with long-term contracts and allow homeowners to pay only for the solar panel system–produced power that they use at a flat rate.

With so many payment options to choose from, customers have the ability to take advantage of solar energy with a financing solution that fits their needs and budget.

Warranty Coverage

Vivint Solar offers a number of warranties for customers who select a solar purchase or a solar loan. For example, the solar installer offers a workmanship warranty that guarantees its work will be free from material defects for 10 years.

In addition, Vivint solar panels carry a 25-year linear performance warranty, and inverters carry minimum 10-year manufacturers' warranties.

Flexible Moving Options

Vivint Solar has made it relatively simple for a customer to take care of their solar panels if they decide to move.

Customers will be given four options to choose from if they need to move while under contract with the solar company: transferring the agreement to the new homeowner, pre-paying the remainder of the contract, relocating the solar panels to their new roof at no additional cost, or purchasing the system outright (after six years).

Potential customers should be sure to consult a Vivint salesperson about moving options before signing any agreements if there is a chance they may have to relocate while under contract.

Wide Availability

Vivint Solar is one of the most widely available installers in the solar industry. The company currently offers solar installation services in all 50 states, as well as in Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.

This wide state availability increases the company's reach and gives a greater number of people the opportunity to reap the benefits of solar power and clean energy with Vivint Solar.

Solar Battery Storage

Vivint Solar also provides home solar battery solutions that allows homeowners to harness and use surplus solar energy in the event of a power outage or other emergency. Solar batteries can also be used at night, which can greatly reduce the homeowner's monthly utility bill. The company employs the LG Chem battery to do this, which can be financed via loan, lease, PPA, or direct purchase, and comes with a reliable 10-year warranty.

The Bad

• Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement
  • Permission-to-Operate Delays
  • Questionable Sales Tactics

Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement

It should be noted that Vivint Solar's PPA typically requires customers to sign into long-term contracts and be subject to a pre-determined price increase that is meant to account for the inflation of the cost of electricity year-over-year. This insures that the company still makes the same percentage proportionately.

With Vivint Solar, the price increase is currently set at 2.9 percent annually.

Permission-to-Operate Delays

While Vivint can install a solar energy system within a day, some customers have encountered issues with getting the system up and running. In fact, customers on our site have reported that it took three to six months to get their solar system running after the solar panel installation was complete.

Although this issue pertains more to the time it takes Vivint Solar to get permission-to-operate approval from the city, some customers have described Vivint Solar's customer support as being unresponsive and lacking quality customer service throughout these delays.

Questionable Sales Tactics

Vivint Solar utilizes a door-to-door sales approach to market its solar system. While this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, several consumers have reported dealing with a sales rep who wasn't entirely upfront with them, provided incorrect information, or was overly persistent.

The Bottom Line

Vivint Solar is one of the largest rooftop solar installers in the United States and offers multiple financing options to help consumers of all budgets take advantage of solar power. Vivint Solar also provides customers with multiple moving options.

However, some Vivint Solar reviews left by consumers on our site have mentioned questionable sales tactics and poor customer service from the company after system installation. Additionally, PPA customers are subject to annual rate increases.

Call our recommended rep over at Vivint Solar below.

3.1

Yvens Mortimer Oceanside, NY

Everything went well. Each encounter with staff was professional, timely and very detail oriented. Our sales person made sure we understood the process and kept us updated every step. The installation team was great as well caring to explain what they were going to do and continuously communicating with us. We would be very happy to recommend such outstanding service to our friends and family

1 day ago

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Yvens! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Chris Ricci Los Altos, CA

My Rep., Matt B., was great with communication. Paperwork took extremely long to get done prior to signing docs. Repeated doc. signing of same information was a little annoying. Roofing took twice as long as it should have, stopped work due to crew not having updated work order and not installing something we are paying extra for. Solar install went very smooth. A+ for solar install crew!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for reaching out, Chris. We're happy you've been enjoying your new solar energy system! I'm so sorry to hear that the paperwork and roofing took longer than expected. We work hard to deliver the best service in the industry but sometimes we make a mistake. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, and if there's anything else we can do, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks for being part of our solar community!

Jul. 12th, 2021

Cathy Black-gallivan Dorchester, MA

The head Electrician he was absolutely incredible he was great five stars. The panels on the roof were symmetrical on the roof everything was great. All the workers were so professional. thank you Now to get them turned on and working.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Cathy! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Mario San Diego, CA

Great! Luke did a great job in explaining to us about solar and the benefits of the same. Once we decided to go with Vivint, he never failed to follow up till the job was done. He made sure that the install went well and assured us that it will be running in a coulple of weeks after inspection. Mario and the install team were punctual and did a great job. Kudos to them as well. Because of a great experience, I have recommended Vivint to my neighbor who's kind of interested in solar and made sure that Luke will be the agent to sit down with them. Thanks again.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Mario! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Patricia Hackett Wareham, MA

This is the worst company on the planet. Techs put holes in my roof when installing panels, can’t get in touch with my “claims specialist” asked for supervisor and still haven’t heard back from ANYONE in a month as to them replacing the ceiling that is all stained from their installation. The leak started in Nov. I didn’t see any staining until January, they didn’t come out to inspect until April, fixed the exterior at that point. I still have a stained ceiling and can’t get in touch with anyone. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Reply from Vivint Solar

We're so sorry to hear this, Patricia. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Can we have a look? Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help resolve this for you. Thanks!

Jul. 19th, 2021

Roopca New York, NY

I have had vivint solar since 2017. The service team sucks. I have been trying to get out of the contract by doing a buy out of some sort. I have spoken to five different people at this point and been given five different answers. When I speak to someone on the phone, I hear one thing. Then I get an email with contrasting info, extremely confusing and frustrating. Over the years, I have not saved a penny and I have spent more money in energy. I was duped by their sales team in the first place and now they wont let me just BUY the contract out and be done with them. NEVER again would I do business with this company or recommend them!

Reply from Vivint Solar

We're so sorry to hear about your experience, Roopca. We completely understand your frustration! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable but sometimes we do make mistakes. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can help resolve this for you? Thanks!

Jul. 1st, 2021

Vern Brokke Lake in the Hills, IL

Vivint provided me with exemplary service from the start of the project to completion. The installation crew were especially impressive as they worked throughout a long day and were kind and courteous.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Vern, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

kenneth baldwin Arroyo Grande, CA

From start to finish our experience with Vivant Solar has been first class. The process of getting the project started to the final installation has been efficient and free of problems. I can highly recommend Vivint Solar.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Kenneth, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Victor Cortese Chandler, AZ

I wish to bring attention to one of your concierge, Caitlyn A. She is the BEST at her job, and believe me I have talked to a lot of your concierges. We had a bit of trouble getting our solar up and running, and she helped me the most. I think the problem with Vivint Solar is they have too many customers and not enough people to work and do a good job. They are subcontracting the work and not checking on it before the final turn on.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Your review brightened our day, Victor! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to look into the issue you experienced to make sure it doesn't happen again. Please send your address and review to [email protected] Thanks for choosing us as your solar provider!

Tiffany Elizabeth Tan Las Vegas, NV

Starting from handover to our rep David all the way through to interacting with the install crew during installation, every member of the Vivint team has been super friendly, service-oriented, and enjoyable to engage with. Honest and direct, really appreciate the attention and care provided by this team as we navigated a big decision like solar.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Tiffany, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Apr. 26th, 2021

John Fresno, CA

In my opinion this has got to be the worse solar company to deal with. Customer service is bad and panel maintenance is even worse. My first year true up was only $900, very acceptable. From that point on, the true up grew every year to over $4,000. It took over a year for Vivint to send out a service rep to take care of the problem. Whatever was done, worked. My true ups went back down. Now they are on the rise again and service seems to be non-existent. This was a bad deal for me, but not for them. They are still pulling $200-$300 out of my account on a monthly basis for the power that these panels are generating. So, where is the PG&E power coming from and why the huge true up bills? Nobody has been able to tell me, but the expense goes on. I'll have to take them to court to get an answer AND to get these panels removed. I wouldn't wish this action on anyone. Be forewarned as to what you might expect.

Reply from Vivint Solar

We appreciate the feedback, John. We're sorry to hear this. While savings will vary widely based on your usage, location, etc. we definitely want to make sure you're getting the most out of your solar system. Can we look more into this? Please send your address and review to [email protected] Thanks!

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Doris Bergamini Safety Harbor, FL

Vivint Customer Service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I've had my solar system for 4 years and am happy with the system but when you have to deal with customer service may the force be with you. I am eligible for the Referral Reward and submitted it in December 2020. It's been 6 months and I still haven't received it! I have been in contact with Vivint Customer Service since February and keep getting the run around and no one can get my Referral Reward sent to me. Always passing the buck to another department/person but no action. I have sent letters, called over 50 phone calls and as many emails to try to get it processed but to no avail. I am totally fed up with Vivint Customer Service and because of this would NEVER recommend Vivint to anyone. Although the system is great and I have no problems with the system, at some point you would probably have to deal with Customer Service and good luck with that. Sorry to give them such a bad rating for a good system but I have no other options.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Doris, your specialist will be reaching out to you soon to help resolve your concerns regarding the referral bonus. Thank you!

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Mary Rosales Roscoe, IL

I wish I could give ZERO stars Vivint Solar is only interested in getting a 20 year contract. If your solar production stops YOU have to be the one who discovers it which means monitoring it closely. If your solar production stops you have to call the company; told to wait 3 days for someone to contact you to set an appointment for a technician. Then, when they finally do call you have to wait another week before a technician will actually come out. The entire time you are NOT manufacturing solar. The entire time you are NOT banking any extra to the electric company. The entire time you are NOT running clean energy. And, Vivint owe you NOTHING unless you under generate what they have estimated for the whole year! The lack of care and concern run deeper. I have given them several bad reviews when asked "how did we do?" No one has EVER contacted me to determine the problem. EVER! Our solar production has been down several time in the first year we have had it. Now I see why they lock you into a 20 year contract. The "customer service" is a joke! They don't care!!! Buyer beware!!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mary. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

May. 28th, 2021

Walter Bemis Petaluma, CA

Happy to have the solar installation. Not real pleased with the holes in the walls that were only partially repaired. Nor with the lack of prior information regarding the location of the solar boxes attached to the front entrance to our home. Very ugly with all the bright red warning stickers!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you for reaching out, Walter! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

May. 11th, 2021

Rachel Vallelunga Murrieta, CA

Excellent service ! Crystal the Salesperson is wonderful. Very thorough in explaining the Solar System The installers came in time. They were very knowledgeable, polite and cleaned up thoroughly

Reply from Vivint Solar

Rachel, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Dennis Lanspery Hollister, CA

We had additional panels placed on our roof and I explained at that time-that I want bird wire placed around my new panels to prevent another pigeon problem like the one I had previously dealt with. The salesman stated that they would install the wire when they placed the new panels on my roof. It’s been three months and no wire. Tried calling the salesman and he won’t respond to my calls. I have two neighbors that are thinking about having solar installed now I’m wondering if I should even suggest Vivint to them after what I have been through.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Dennis. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help resolve this for you. Thank you!

Apr. 13th, 2021

Brian Platt West Islip, NY

So far we just had the panels/system installed yesterday. It's not turned on yet. My experience at this point has been really good. The salesman Jeremie was very helpful and knowledgeable. They sent a tech to inspect the house and fuse panel. They found the panel needed to be upgraded. Vivint had an out side electrician replace the panel free of charge. A crew from Vivint came next and installed the system and the were great! professional , polite, and clean. So far very happy....

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Brian! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Feb. 12th, 2021

Paul J. Phillips Brea, CA

I dislike being lied to, can’t get ahold of English speaking agents when you call. No follow up when you express concerns you have. The local rep won’t return calls or messages. The parent company Sunrun dosen’t seem concern about anything that Vivint does or dosen’t do. How about them saying you will never get another bill from Edison, they forgot to tell Edison.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you for reaching out to us, Paul. We definitely want you to experience all the benefits of solar. Can we have a look? Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can look into your account. Thanks!

Jun. 16th, 2021

g pollard Chula Vista, CA

Very thorough and knowledgeable. They explained everything that they were doing. Also they were prompt and very professional.

Reply from Vivint Solar

We're thrilled you had a good experience! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Patrick Madayag Rohnert Park, CA

Installation took out some items in my house. Main concern being frying my HVAC system. I am still waiting for resolution. Electrician that showed up was very helpful, and recommended an HVAC specialist to continue to troubleshoot.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Wow, we understand the frustration, Patrick. We're so sorry you experienced this. Please send your address and review to [email protected] and we would be happy to resolve this for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Mark Albuquerque, NM

I purchased a home with their panels on a lease - the owner was very disappointed in that the savings were none existent over his previous electric changes. I wanted to purchase the panels out right when we bought the house but got a run-around. We purchased the house in spite of the panels as the seller needed to sell and we liked the house. I have now been told we can only purchase the system upon selling the property. I was told if we are not selling we can not buy the system until the 20 yr lease is up. What a rip off. I would like to just have them take the panels back and I could purchase a system from a quality company.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Oh no, Mark! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

May. 20th, 2021

Hal orbits Waldorf, MD

Had panels removed 7 months ago because new roof was going to be imstalled. 3 months ago installers came and started reinstalling panel got half done before they said not enough materials to finish. They said they would be back in two days. They never came back. Here I sit with no solar energy. I think there’s a breach of contract. They need to compensate me. Or remove all the panels and repair the roof

Reply from Vivint Solar

Oh no, Hal! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Joe Coyne Millis, MA

Everyone kept me informed about what was going to happen. The crew was great. They seemed to really know what they were doing. Of course, we'll see if all this really works to expectations when it's turned on. Until then, I'd have to say "So far, so good".

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Joe! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Feb. 1st, 2021

Lynn Holden Yucca Valley, CA

I have wanted to "go solar" for years now, but do not use enough electricity to make it feasible financially. Vivant Solar is changing all this, and I am very happy that their sales rep knocked on my door recently! They have made the whole process very easy and are most responsive to any questions, and best of all, not a penny out of my pocket to get the panels on my roof. I will pay only for power I use, and at a much lower rate than before. What's not to love about Vivant? Absolutely nothing!!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Lynn! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Nov. 30th, 2020

Jessica Hagerstown, MD

I understand that customer "care" probably has several scripts to read from. However, they should at least not talk over and interrupt you so they are reading from the correct one. It has taken us way too long to receive a simple answer........an answer that should be made clear in documentation. But that is part of the problem, we never get a clear answer from this company.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you so much for letting us know, Jessica. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

May. 17th, 2021

Dorenda Clink Chicago, IL

I wish I could give it no stars!!! It's all crap from the poor follow thru of the salesperson to customer service hanging up on me and putting me on hold 6 times to speak with imaginary managers. numerous tonnes I asked for a manager until he (Mark) hung up on me. There's so much I couldn't possibly find where to start. Between getting my house and my mother's completely mixed up Save your time, energy, and sanity and wrestle a pitbull instead.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Oh no, Dorenda! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

May. 7th, 2021

Donna Green West Hempstead, NY

I am a senior who had an alarm system installed by this company--it was an unsolicited service in that a salesman came by my house. The company followed up the next year with a smooth talking salesman--I hope you compensated him well because his tongue was as smooth as any Eden serpent. In any event, I was promised great savings, and was told that I only had to make a small monthly payment for the panels. Now, I am being forced to sell my home and the title company uncovered the lien on the panels. They were quick to issue a payoff of about 16,000; however, when I tried to speak to someone about negotiating this fee--also be advised that they linked me to their financing company and deducted the payments automatically from my account--every person on the phone claimed it was not their department. In addition, the title report revealed an open permit caused by their failure to complete the process. When I inquired about that, I was given a phone number to call and it was a private person's cell phone. In sum, any savings I enjoyed was offset by the mysterious monthly payment, and the payoff indicates about 20 years of indebtedness. I would be deceased by the time these panels are paid off--if they even last as long. This company is a scam. Stay away, especially if you are a widowed senior. I felt as if I was clearly taken advantage of and I will take this further.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thank you so much for letting us know, Donna. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

Apr. 21st, 2021

Patricia Holloway Bowie, MD

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Because I have more panels than I need due to the electricity my family uses, I was told by Vivint that I could have some of the panels remove if I send them a year of electricity bills. I did. After several attempts to proceed and many promises not fulfilled, a year later I find out they closed my case without informing me. And when I tried to speak to someone regarding it, there was no one available. They reverted to their usual lie: someone will call you back. They never do. The absolute worst company to do business with. PLEASE DON'T.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Oh no, Patricia! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Apr. 21st, 2021

Rob Gardena, CA

I have the Vivint security system which works fine so i thought I'd try Vivint solar. I've had the system about several months now. The installation was okay but i don't see any savings and now I'm getting two bills, one from the electric company and one from Vivint solar and the Vivint solar bill keeps getting higher to the point where it is higher than before solar installation. The app provides pretty useless information. I mean, yay for the environment (i guess) but the whole thing was not worth the trouble and since there are no tax benefits when you lease the system you end up asking yourself, "why did i do this?"

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Rob. While monthly savings will vary depending on your usage, we definitely want to look into this for you to make sure you're getting the full benefits. Please send your address and review to [email protected] Thanks!

Apr. 14th, 2021

Kelly Rodgers Plainfield, NJ

Not off to a good start. We were told it would take a while to get it up and going and "a while" was more than the 6 months that we were told. Whatever. Panels finally up, power company finally did whatever they needed to do and then it took Vivint another month to do whatever they had to do. Whatever. Panels are up and apparently activated. Except they have never worked. We have had tons of sun and I notice after a few weeks that there's no power showing in the app, so I contact Vivint. I was told that there was something wrong with my system and someone would contact me in 1-3 days. Not happy that I still have to wait but I live with it. A week comes and goes and no contact. I contact Vivint again and they claim they called the next day. I have no such call. Full of crap. Finally I get someone to call me and a maintenance visit scheduled. When is that maintenance visit? At the END of next month! So now that will be TWO months with this crap on my roof and nothing to show for it. Not to mention that the salesman was deceptive and told us that this was a special program that our state was running and our state has no such program. I hate that we did this. Should have done more homework and went with another company.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Oh no, Kelly! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Mar. 31st, 2021

Cathy Major Yuba City, CA

Everyone involved seemed very professional and quick to get their job done. Jeremy Atkinson as well has kept us “in the loop” so to speak. Very happy with everything so far!

Reply from Vivint Solar

This is awesome, Cathy! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Mar. 29th, 2021

Jorge Reyes Toms River, NJ

Your representative Greg has been amazing throughout this whole process and your installation team were excellent and professional , I’m very impressed and pleased by your company.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Jorge, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Mar. 22nd, 2021

carlo casarano Pembroke, MA

Many unanswered questions up to the date of installation and still unanswered now. The biggest question is the monthly fees ?????? and now i hear it will be 250/month when my electric bill prior to installation is 269.71, 3/1/2021. Also mentioned the whole time was that there would be Tesla batteries now to be told that the Tesla batteries are backup and that LG's are available which was not what we agreed on and given the track record of promises I will not have them installed and wait till Tesla are available. the system has been installed and unless these questions are resolved I will not not be permitted it to be activated. I would appreciate it if someone reviewing my account and get back to me shortly. Thanks Carlo

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for letting us know, Carlo. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience with us. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Christine Coutu Ashburnham, MA

So far so good. The salesman has kept in touch and was easy to get in touch with. The installation went very well. They arrived on time. They were friendly and mindful of our property. The installation was very fast for such a large job. The installers work feverishly to complete the job and to clean up. As far as the performance of the panels we shall have to see. We are not completely connected yet. We are waiting for inspection.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Christine! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Jan. 14th, 2021

Matthew Abate Rockford, IL

So far everybody I’ve interacted with has been able to answer all my questions in a very short amount of time. The installation crew showed up rt at 0800 and knocked the job out. The crew was very knowledgeable and efficient. I would like to give another review 6-8 months from now, after the panels have had some time to produce some energy.

Reply from Vivint Solar

This is awesome, Matthew! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Jan. 11th, 2021

Steve Sorrels Storrs, CT

Vivint Solar does what they say they will do. This tells a lot about their corporate character, that, from sales reps to install techs, they honor their word. The sales rep was very proactive throughout the whole process. Cudos! The installation team showed virtually the same care as if they were working on their own homes. Thanks!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Steve! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Justin Choi Chino Hills, CA

From the start to installation, everyone I've met has been extremely professional and helpful. Our sales reps Don R and Curtis have always answered my calls and questions in a timely manner - never had to wonder what was happening next. The installation team worked hard despite the hot weather in southern California. I do have specific feedback on scheduling. The installation was spread out over 3 days which is fine because it is a big job, but the central dispatch keep saying "4 hours" - which is not the best estimate. Just be more clear with the timetable.

Reply from Vivint Solar

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Justin! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Oct. 26th, 2020

Lisa Brege Buffalo Grove, IL

Really had a great experience working with Vivint! Stacey was great to work with- very patient, and responds quickly to my inquiries. The only suggestion I have is when I stalling the panels- please try to schedule the whole job I. 1 day. The guys had to come back- on a Saturday but it was early in the AM. Made for a long day- but the guys were also great to work with! Clean, respectful and courteous!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Lisa, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Oct. 26th, 2020

Michael Yesk Pittsburg, CA

Roof repair went without a hitch. Solar installed in one day, easy! Not one penny out of pocket

Reply from Vivint Solar

Michael, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

May. 28th, 2021

Denise E. Webster Bowie, MD

Michael M was the representative who introduced me to Vivient Solar two years ago. I was traveling back and forth to New Jersey to help a family member. I informed him that I was traveling quite a bit and that I had heard some negative press about the company. Michael answered all of my questions as truthfully as he could and then told me he and Vivient would be ready whenever I was ready for an install. with me on my solar installation this past Wednesday, June 17th. When I reached out too him through a neighbor, he promptly responded. even with Corvid-19 happening, Mr. M has tried to accommodate me with any issues. On the day of install, he showed up to introduce the install crew and answer any o my concerns. The install crew, under the leadership of Gregory, was timely, professional, and polite. They answered my questions and concerns immediately. While the team seemed like they were brothers-there was no playing around and goofing off. They acted as if they wanted to be at work. They had great camaraderie yet didn't waste time. They really impressed me when they took the time to check their work (in the rain-for 20 minutes) before leaving my driveway. Vivient please hire more employees like Michael M, Greg and his install team!! The only problem I have with Vivient is the fact that I want and need a monthly paper bill.

Reply from Vivint Solar

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Denise! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can resolve your concerns about paper bills. Thanks!

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Reno Aurora, IL

The ease and flexibility with scheduling an appointment for installation is the first opportunity to receive focused support from customer service. Once the installation team was on-site the team lead communicated their intentions for the work and how the installation would progress. Work on our home began at 7am and ended at 5pm. During that time period there was minimal construction noise in comparison to the size and number of solar panels installed. When the work was completed all debris, boxes and other materials were picked up and taken away by the team. The only thing left behind were the beautiful solar panels that look like artwork on the roof. The installation was done while under a state stay-in requirement and the workers followed all social distancing protocols when interacting us, in addition to wearing shoe coverings and face mask protection when entering our home. From start to finish, we are pleased and impressed with the professional, attentiveness and commitment of Vivint Solar’s panel installers. Now, we will become users of Vivint Solar panels, which is another experience we can share in a few months.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Reno, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

May. 11th, 2020

Daniel Colson Woodbridge, VA

I was very satisfied with the installation crew and their coordinated team effort to install the panels and the hook up. Everyone had their own part to do and the did it professionally took the time necessary to get it done right. When they arrived I consulted the the electrical connect specialist for the location of the disconnect switch and other outside box. Since we were planning to have a 4-seasons room the boxes had to be installed on another part of the house. After advising what we were planning, he took action and did exactly what was needed. His work was extremely precise and was aesthetically pleasing. The team cleaned up very well and it was a pleasure to see a team work so well together.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Your review brightened our day, Daniel! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Apr. 28th, 2020

Tom Struthers Windsor, CA

Installation of our system was completed earlier this week. While it isn't operational yet, waiting for the power company to switch out meters, our entire experience with Vivint has been outstanding, from the sales rep, Jesse, and the inspector who evaluated our home's suitability, to the installation crew. Everyone was happy to answer all our questions and explain how the system will work. Installation was done quickly and efficiently. My only suggestion would be that the time window in the pre-installation email be a little more clear. My email said that installation would be between 6 and 10 am. I was up and had our cars moved at 6, but the crew didn't arrive until 9. Once I found out that they had traveled from Concord, some 85 miles from here, I understood the arrival time, but it would have been better if I knew how far they had to travel to get here.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Your review brightened our day, Tom! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

May. 5th, 2020

Barbara Ostrowski Albany, NY

I have been with Vivint solar since 2015 I save tons of money I wanted to go solar but couldn’t afford to buy the panels out right I save $200 to $300 a month in the summer months It cost nothing to install If I choose to remove the panels It costs me $350 Which is nothing compared to my savings My sales person when I signed on was Jason He was very informative and not pushy I researched the company for a couple of months Then I decided to join them Never once did he push me when I was researching them My only issue with solar panels on the roof is the snow falling off the roof (it falls off hard all at once) My gutters have had to be reattached to my house twice My neighbor who was anti solar Signed on to Vivint in 2017 I shouldn’t speak for them However they say the savings is outstanding (they have heated pool and central air conditioning) I have had other people sign with them I was promised a finder gift Never received anything But I still recommend them Great savings if you use a lot of electricity 👍👍👍

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Barbara! We're so delighted to hear that you're saving money with solar. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for years to come. Thanks for doing your part to take care of our earth.

Mar. 20th, 2020

Anthony G Gainesville, VA

Slightly more than 3 months into our transition to Solar and it is nearly completed. So far, everything has gone to plan. Tyler H was very professional and his assistant Chrissy D were always there to answer our questions along the way. Financing has been solid. Existing roof and electrical inspection went great. Our 43 panel installation was completed in less than 7 hours once County permits were approved. Installers were efficient and left everything the way they found it. Original install date was rained out and we were glad they were willing to reschedule for the next Sunday open. County electrical and structural inspectors both came the same day within a half-hour window and found no issues. Utility Company (NOVEC) came in less than a week to switch over our Meter and did so without having to power down the whole house. All we are waiting on now is for VIVINT to notify us that we are cleared to operate. Thanks again to Tyler, Chrissy and the rest of the VIVINT SOLAR team.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Anthony! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Jan. 21st, 2020

Jim Dyer Roslindale, MA

I'm a Vivint Solar customer since August of '17, and so far everything is exactly as agreed upon. I pay only for the energy provided by the sun, and the monthly bill is the price I expect to pay, calculated by energy produced. Recently, I calculated the 2.9% annual increase that I will pay over the life of the 20 year contract. My contract started at .159 (or 15.9 cents) per kWh and at the end of 20 years, that number will slowly increase to approx. 28.3 cents. I looked at an electricity bill prior to being on solar, and calculated the cost of the entire bill (all delivery charges, fees, etc. added in), divided by the kWh usage, and came out to 28.3 cents per kWh at that time. That tells me that, even at the end of my 20 years of increases, Vivin't rate will never be higher than the grid rate - unless the grid rate should drop significantly... Also, there are no taxes or fees. I pay exactly the rate times the energy produced, and nothing more. A small added benefit: Through Net-metering, the energy I sell back to the grid gets credited to me, currently at the rate of 20 to 22 cents per kWh. I (currently) pay 16.4 cents. So, for every 100 kWh I get credited for, I'm making $4.00 - $6.00 more than what I paid for it. And when grid electricity goes up, I'm sure the credit back to me will increase. Not too shabby. If I were to buy and own the solar panels outright, I would have virtually no payments to the grid. However, the upfront cost would run me around 14K after tax incentives. My plan didn't cost me a penny, just the 20 year contract for cheaper and green electricity. Also, at no cost to me, before getting the panels installed on my roof, Vivint set me up with new electric service, from the street to my home to a new circuit-breaker panel box. They also upgraded my service from 60 to 100 amps. If I were to have that done on my own, I'd have to pay an electrician a few thousand dollars out of pocket. Just an added bonus in my Vivint experience. Two-years in, I'm interested to know what kind of buyout offer I'll be presented with just after year 6 into the contract. I like knowing that any maintenance which may be required for the duration of the contract is not my concern, so in four years, I'll have to do much consideration on that buyout offer. Long story short (oops, too late), Vivint has cost me less for my electricity and I love being green.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Your review brightened our day, Jim! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Aug. 23rd, 2019

Rob Parsons Oakland, CA

I am so happy I went solar! I chose Vivint because they were the first ones to explain all of the details to me! I got a free 1 hour consultation in my home covering every question I had. My average Electric Rate with PG&E was 24¢ and now I am paying 18¢ with Vivint Solar. They even upgraded my electrical panel on the outside of my house! All of this was NO COST to me, and now I have Solar Power for my home! I definitely recommend getting Solar, instead of going with PG&E increases to customers because of all the wildfire liabilities they have to pay for. If your roof is in good condition, go for it!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Thanks for your review, Rob! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Jul. 29th, 2019

Joyce Tucker Andover, MA

Just put solar on the house electric bill was costing too much money, now cut in half. Used Vivint Solar part of program that would give us a new roof if needed no cost to us! Process was very fast, we met Enos H in March and we are already installed! We had a historical home which had to be approved by our town board and he handled everything for us. Our home qualified to get a system at no cost at a rate much lower than we pay National Grid! If you are looking to take advantage of the free program, or even ownership programs in MA, Enos H is the guy to reach out to. We couldn’t be happier with him and Vivint Solar!

Reply from Vivint Solar

Hi Joyce, we love hearing that Enos took good care of you and that you are seeing the benefits of solar. Thank you for your review.

Apr. 29th, 2019

Laura K Rea Westminster, CA

When my energy consultant came to our door, I was busy preparing a celebration dinner. At my husbands insistence, I came to hear what he had to say and ended up inviting him into my kitchen while I cooked. My husband and I had created a non-profit that helped businesses integrate sustainable practices into their business and I knew a lot about solar. However we were so impressed with our consultant's knowledge, lack of sales pressure and honesty that we decided to go solar with Vivint. Now, 1 year and 1/2 later I can say our system has done exactly what it was created to do. produce all our electrical needs, protect us from our power company's rate hikes and cut our over head while building equity in our home with 1 regular, unchanging payment for our system. We have had heavy rains with wind the last 2 months and we have had no leaks. We have had a great experience with Vivint with regard to all aspects of the company: ongoing support from our energy consultant, purchase price under the cost of our utility bill, system power production of electricity promised and no electrical problems or roof problems.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Hello Laura. We love hearing that your sales representative provided you with a great experience and that you are seeing the benefits of solar. Thank you for your feedback.

Feb. 28th, 2019

Vivint Solar Winter Haven, FL

Vivint Solar is a well structured company with longevity. When shopping for solar system you won’t find too many companies that have been around as long as Vivint has. We were recommended to them by a friend who had a solar panel system installed in their house. We received a call from the sales manager he came to our house super professional and explained everything to us and was able to answer all of our questions. We decided to honor there quote and have the system installed. The install team came very professional and did an excellent job installing the panels. We recommend Vivint Solar.

Reply from Vivint Solar

Hi, Thank you for your review and we're glad that the sales and installation teams did a great job! Thank you for your business.

Jan. 14th, 2019