Founded in 2011, Vivint Solar is a renewable energy company based in Lehi, Utah, that sells, installs, and maintains PV solar energy systems.

The company is one of the most talked about solar panel installers in the industry, in part due to its notorious door-to-door sales approach.

Vivint Solar was one of the first rooftop solar companies to offer a power purchase agreement (PPA), which allows customers to pay only for the power the system produces during the life of the contract.

However, a potential drawback of the company, according to Vivint Solar reviews submitted to our site by previous customers, is a delay in getting the solar system up and running after it's been installed on the roof.

Go Directly to Vivint Smart Home Customer Reviews

The Good

• Several Payment Options
  • Warranty Coverage
  • Flexible Moving Options
  • Wide Availability

Several Payment Options

Vivint Solar offers a wide variety of payment options, including solar leases, power purchase agreements (PPAs), cash purchases, solar loans, and PACE financing.

As mentioned above, Vivint Solar pioneered the solar PPA, which is an option similar to a solar lease in that it allows homeowners to utilize alternative energy and save money on their electricity bill without having to invest any cash by allowing a solar system owned by a third party to be installed on their roof.

Power purchase agreements typically come with long-term contracts and allow homeowners to pay only for the system-produced power that they use at a flat rate.

With so many payment options to choose from, customers have the ability to take advantage of solar energy with a financing solution that fits their needs and budget.

Warranty Coverage

Vivint Solar offers a number of warranties for customers who select a solar purchase or a solar loan. For example, the solar installer offers a workmanship warranty that guarantees its work will be free from material defects for 10 years.

In addition, each solar panel system's panels carry a 25-year linear performance warranty, and inverters carry minimum 10-year manufacturers' warranties.

Flexible Moving Options

Vivint Solar has made it relatively simple for a customer to take care of their solar panels if they decide to move.

Customers will be given four options to choose from if they need to move while under contract with the solar company: transferring the agreement to the new homeowner, pre-paying the remainder of the contract, relocating the solar panels to their new roof at no additional cost, or purchasing the system outright (after six years).

Potential customers should be sure to consult a Vivint salesperson about moving options before signing any agreements if there is a chance they may have to relocate while under contract.

Wide Availability

Vivint Solar is one of the most widely available installers in the solar industry. The company currently offers solar installation services in all 50 states, as well as in Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.

This wide state availability increases the company's reach and gives a greater number of people the opportunity to reap the benefits of solar power and clean energy with Vivint Solar.

The Bad

• Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement
  • Permission-to-Operate Delays
  • Questionable Sales Tactics

Annual Price Increase with Power Purchase Agreement

It should be noted that Vivint Solar's PPA typically requires customers to sign into long-term contracts and be subject to a pre-determined price increase that is meant to account for the inflation of the cost of electricity year-over-year. This insures that the company still makes the same percentage proportionately.

With Vivint Solar, the price increase is currently set at 2.9 percent annually.

Permission-to-Operate Delays

While Vivint can install a solar energy system within a day, some customers have encountered issues with getting the system up and running. In fact, customers on our site have reported that it took three to six months to get their solar system running after the installation was complete.

Although this issue pertains more to the time it takes Vivint Solar to get permission-to-operate approval from the city, some customers have described Vivint Solar's customer support as being unresponsive and lacking quality customer service throughout these delays.

Questionable Sales Tactics

Vivint Solar utilizes a door-to-door sales approach to market its solar systems. While this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, several consumers have reported dealing with a sales rep who wasn't entirely upfront with them, provided incorrect information, or was overly persistant.

The Bottom Line

Vivint Solar is one of the largest rooftop solar installers in the United States and offers multiple financing options to help consumers of all budgets take advantage of solar power. Vivint Solar also provides customers with multiple moving options.

However, some Vivint Solar reviews left by consumers on our site have mentioned questionable sales tactics and poor customer service from the company after installation. Additionally, PPA customers are subject to annual rate increases.

3.2

Norbert Alves

June 4th, 2020 , CA

So far so good everything went well they didn’t mess up my roof all is good so far

Wilson Sexton

June 1st, 2020 Round Lake, IL

Constant communication and checking in. Great instalation. Just waiting on inspection and system to be turned on

Jun 01, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Wilson! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Mary Green

June 1st, 2020 Red Bluff, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been on your callback list for about 2 months now. I called the first week of April to have my panels removed so I could have my roof replaced. Was told because of the virus you were not scheduling installations or removals. Not an essential service? I lost my spotf for my roof replacement because of you. Called a couple weeks ago and was told I would get a call back within 24 to 48 hours, never happened. Waited till after Memorial Day and was told I would receive a call by the end of the week. Here it is Friday and no call again. Spoke with someone else who looked at my account and told me I needed to wait since I'm on the call back list. Also sounds like there isn't even a crew in my area? She said it could be 2 weeks to a month? How do you even do business if you don't have a crew? Do I have the option of trying to find someone local to remove and store panels so I can get my roof replaced. Also haven't had these panels 4 years yet. Why would you install panels of the roof needed to be replaced within 5 years?

Jun 01, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mary. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

adnan sawwan

May 29th, 2020 Gwynn Oak, MD

I like the best of VIVINT Solar their perfect performance as far the time they accomplished the installation at the promised time even with restrictions on the pandemic they still had good job

May 29, 2020

Adnan, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Michele

May 29th, 2020 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to have my panels removed by Vivint Solar since the end of April so I can have my roof repaired from leaks where panels are. There contract says you need to give 30days notice to them in writing which I did I have called them and they say do to COVID 19 they stopped working I would think that they are essential workers since they deal with power which since I last checked was something very essential to have. I have been calling they tell you someone will get back to you by the end of the week surprise surprise no one ever does. So I call back same thing someone will get back to you or they put you on hold and hang up on you. But they have people working to take the $499 payment to have the system removed good thing those people are essential. So I guess my next stop is my lawyer to find out what I should do next so I don’t have to live with buckets anymore.

May 29, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Michele. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

Msorrough

May 27th, 2020 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is not the first time we have had an issue with our system. We really aren't happy. Last time it was only producing half of what it should for almost 6 months mid July 2019 till January 2020. Nobody was monitoring and noticed till I did after months of high power bills. So I called and complained to which they sent someone out and fixed it without telling me. The customer service rep actually hung up when we insisted he transfer us to a supervisor. He refused, said there’s nothing a supervisor can do over and over then said you’ll get no compensation and hung up! So they offered no compensation for the six months of extra power bills I paid. Now it says it wasn't producing at all for 6 days and again I am the one who caught it nobody monitoring the system like they told us they would when we bought it. So now after I call they're gonna send someone two weeks later to fix it and again offer no compensation. I tried emailing them and posting this review before I go to file a complaint with the BBB. Hopefully someone with some actual customer service training will see these and respond. I’d stay as far away from them as you can. As others have stated the sales staff is phenomenal but after you sign it’s all downhill! The installers were t great and changed the layout the engineer designed so it would be easier on them and promised it would not effect production but I think it has. Cause we’ve always produced less than what we were sold on. Then all the issues I already mentioned with the system and customer service and lack of monitoring. Be aware!!!

May 27, 2020

Thank you for reaching out. We see that you have emailed us at [email protected] and have assigned a specialist to reach out to you soon to help resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Elaine

May 26th, 2020 Willingboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We can never reach the right person for our issue. We had connectivity issues where nothing registered for about a year. Finally that was resolved and now we have leaks in our roof. The person who fixed the box for the connection issue took photos of the leaks in the ceiling and his supervisor also came to the house. We were told that they would file the complaint and we would hear something from the company. That was almost 3 months ago. We can never get through to anyone to answer the phone. I would tell ANYONE I spoke to that this company is not the one to trust for solar panels because when they are trying to get you to sign the agreement they are completely available and accommodating. Once those panels are on your roof they are the exact opposite. No customer service at all on the back end.

May 26, 2020

Oh no, Elaine! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Jean Dubois

May 19th, 2020 Napa, CA

We had our solar installed yesterday. The staff was amazing and did an awesome job.... They installed and cleaned up like they were never here. Truly professional group. Our inspection is on Thurs.

May 20, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jean! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Merrie Friberg Shinn

May 15th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Our sales person, Devereaux S, was terrific! He was very patient explaining the program with enthusiasm. He was dependable, punctual and well-groomed. The work crew were on time and worked hard and did a good job too. I would definitely recommend your company. At the time of the sales presentation, I had no desire to have solar panels, but your program convinced me. We are anxious to see the system in action. And no, Mr, S is not my grandson nor had I ever met him before.!

May 15, 2020

Thanks for your review, Merrie! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Sione Fe’iloaki

May 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My solar did not generate any energy for over a month and the head office did pick up on it and someone came and look at without me even asked for it. However the guy told me that there is some connection issue and they could not read my solar from their end and he will get someone to look at it but the system is working fine. After about 3 weeks from that day I did notice on the app that it's not generating so I called Vivint and was told that nobody report it, I ask to person I spoke about when the solar stop work and it was way before the person from the head office came and look at it. So I was lied to no surprise there. Four, five days later a technician came and replaced the box(whatever it's name is) and confirmed that it stop generating for nearly 2 months and told me to called customer service and they will credit my bill for that time.

May 14, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Sione. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

[email protected]

May 13th, 2020 Sayville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It has been 3 weeks that we have been trying to get our issue resolved with Vivint Solar. We have multiple leaks in our roof and need our system removed in order to get our roof replaced. It has been nothing but being on hold for hours and told they would call back which never happens. We have been given the run around and they have refused to give us a supervisor to speak with. They keep blaming covid-19 but they are essential workers and they are the only solar company that fir-load their employees. We have had third party companies offer to remove the panels but Vivint will not pay them for the work. Bottom line, they loose money removing and reinstalling the panels while our house gets damaged. This is unacceptable and a breach of contract! If you read other reviews this was an issue before covid-19 with Vivint Solar.

May 13, 2020

We're so sorry to hear this, Lauren. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Wayne Maki

May 13th, 2020 Romeoville, IL

Its taking too long to get the 'Certificate of Completion' that that my power company ( ComEd. ) needs to turn it on. I don't understand this!

May 13, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Wayne. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. We don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help speed things up? Thanks!

Reno

May 11th, 2020 Aurora, IL

The ease and flexibility with scheduling an appointment for installation is the first opportunity to receive focused support from customer service. Once the installation team was on-site the team lead communicated their intentions for the work and how the installation would progress. Work on our home began at 7am and ended at 5pm. During that time period there was minimal construction noise in comparison to the size and number of solar panels installed. When the work was completed all debris, boxes and other materials were picked up and taken away by the team. The only thing left behind were the beautiful solar panels that look like artwork on the roof. The installation was done while under a state stay-in requirement and the workers followed all social distancing protocols when interacting us, in addition to wearing shoe coverings and face mask protection when entering our home. From start to finish, we are pleased and impressed with the professional, attentiveness and commitment of Vivint Solar’s panel installers. Now, we will become users of Vivint Solar panels, which is another experience we can share in a few months.

May 11, 2020

Reno, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Francisco Pinto

May 8th, 2020 Redondo Beach, CA

5 stars from beginning to end. Clear and transparent lines of communication at all times. The team that came to my house to install the panels were all professionals efficient and courteous. It was a long day of work for them but I couldn’t be more happy or satisfied with their work and the whole process.

May 08, 2020

Francisco, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Jorge

May 8th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Very professional and treated me very professional

May 08, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jorge! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

RONNIE BLUM

May 8th, 2020 Northridge, CA

I have viewed the panels on my roof in they look as though they would done correctly! However I am totally disappointed that they are non functional. I did not know and what's not told that I must wait for two different inspections until they begin to work . I assumed that it would work the day they were installed! I don't think it's right to install the product in then inform me after the fact that I need 2 more inspections and that I must wait to to 6 weeks longer. I don't like surprises like that, especially since I was excited to cut my bill down immediately and not have to wait longer

May 08, 2020

Thanks for letting us know, Ronnie. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. We don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help speed things up? Thanks!

Jolanda

May 8th, 2020 Vallejo, CA

Austin was great with presenting the contract to customers. The workers that installed the panels was very nice & was informative through the whole installation. So far we are still in the early stage, gentleman told my husband that within 2/3 weeks the city of Vallejo & PG&E will be coming to inspect. We made the right decision to go solar.

May 08, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jolanda! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for choosing us for many more rotations around the sun!

Jose Alvarez

May 7th, 2020 Reseda, CA

Everyone was professional and courteous! The rep Mark Estrada was very knowledgeable and a stand up guy! I recommend him to all my friends and family.

May 07, 2020

Thanks for your review, Jose! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

JT

May 7th, 2020 Laguna Niguel, CA

Good service, neat work, no complaints so far.

May 07, 2020

Thank you for your review, JT!

kim grimes

May 7th, 2020 Willows, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't even rate this company with even 1 star!! It took over 9 months to have it hooked up! The salesmen were nice (of course) but sales tactics I now see is where we were blindsided. I pay twice if not three times as much as I did with my regular electric company!!!~ I called and they said yes they are working fine!! Yes they are for them that's for sure!! My bill for the last 3 months is well over $800 and I'm not even running any air conditioning. My heat and dryer are gas. Plus I use a wood stove in the colder months. I am beyond upset that I am paying so much for these panels to produce power that I do not even use. This was not explained to us at all... I want these things removed from my roof, but can't because of a contract. They need to do something because we live on a limited income do to our ages... Do not go with this company it's been nothing short of a nightmare

May 07, 2020

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kim. We definitely want you to experience all the benefits of solar. Can we have a look? Please send your address and review to [email protected] so we can see if it's something on our end. Thanks!

Jesus

May 7th, 2020 ,

Good comunicación answer all the questions we had thanks

May 07, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jesus! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Poder Sinaloense

May 7th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

I had a great experience with vivint the customer service rep was very informative and got us a great deal on our panels. The installers did a wonderful job installing and cleaned up after themselves ..

May 07, 2020

Poder, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Barbara Kerr

May 5th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Vivint solar did an A+ job from signing me up at no upfront cost, super follow through, with Mike as my coordinator. Everything was done in a fair and reasonable time frame and inspector signed off on the job. Sweet!! Saving money and the planet! Barbara Oceanside, ca

May 05, 2020

Barbara, your review brightened our day! We're so happy to hear that you're saving money (and the earth) with solar energy! Thank you for taking the time to send us some feedback, we love having you in our solar community.

Randy J. Mills

May 4th, 2020 Vacaville, CA

Very professional people in sales, review of the site, and installation. QA check at the end of the installation was impressive.

May 05, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Randy! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Jenny Martinez

May 4th, 2020 Lancaster, CA

Rep was very knowledgeable, professional, and precise

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Jenny! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Joel T

May 4th, 2020 Parlin, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since I cant reply to Vivint's reply to my negative review, I'll update it here. After posting my review Vivint responded on Tuesday 4/ 28 telling me that someone would be getting back to me within 48 hours to resolve my issue. It's now Monday and almost a week later and I still have not heard from anyone. this is the 4th time I've gotten that exact response except this time I have it in writing. At this point I'm going to be contacting the BBB for unethical business practices as they advertise the referral fee on their website. All I'm looking to do is collect my referral fee for my neighbor whom I referred and who did have a system installed. It's been over 6 months since his system has been up and running and I can't get anyone at Vivint to answer as to why I haven't received my fee nor will they acknowledge it's in the works. I worked with my snake oil salesman Zach A to convince my neighbor to have it installed and was promised that if he went with it I would get a $500 referral fee. After the installation I couldn't reach my scam rep, I'm guessing he pocketed my $$$. I've spoken with the Customer Satisfaction team 6 times and every time I call, we start over from the beginning. Their service after the installation is horrendous, just look at their reviews, it's obvious. STAY AWAY FROM VIVINT!!!!

Apr 28, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Joel. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

esther karanja

May 1st, 2020 Dracut, MA

Vivint solar technicians have done a great job with installation. They are highly professional and right on schedule for their work. I am now waiting for the connection.

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Esther! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Enrique Martillo

May 1st, 2020 Hartford, CT

there are some boxes that look next to the iron panels put them inside the attic and they had put two panels wrong then they took them out and left under the roof something that looks like raised in four different parts .. my roof looks very bad now

May 05, 2020

Thank you so much for letting us know, Enrique. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can help you out. Thank you!

shirley keener

April 30th, 2020 Encinitas, CA

Sales and installation people were knowledgeable and shared information with us. even the roofers were polite and didn't leave a mess. Great service

May 05, 2020

Thanks for your review, Shirley! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for many years.

Steve Penrose

April 30th, 2020 Vacaville, CA

The process was effortless for us. Our Vivint representatives took care of everything from start to finish......and we got a re-roof with no money out of pocket.

May 05, 2020

This is awesome, Steve! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Debi Schrag

April 30th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great people from start to finish, all phases work seamless

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day, Debi! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

HWells

April 29th, 2020 Los Lunas, NM

So far, all have been very efficient and professional. Everything has been smooth. Sales rep, Walker, has been great at keeping us informed. Installation was quick and painless. Nice job!!!

May 05, 2020

Your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

John Pesente

April 28th, 2020 Hanson, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great , best experience of my life. And excited John Pesente was able to make sure everything was processed snd completed correctly

Apr 28, 2020

This is awesome, John! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Nathan

April 28th, 2020 North East, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As soon as something goes wrong Vivint will hide. They do not return calls as they claim. I've been waiting for 3 years and no call back no matter how many times I contact them.

May 05, 2020

Oh no, Nathan! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Dave Burton

April 27th, 2020 West Jordan, UT

they work great, they look great and they save us money

May 05, 2020

Dave, your review brightened our day! We're so happy to hear that you're saving money (and the earth) with solar energy! Thank you for taking the time to send us some feedback, we love having you in our solar community.

Shirley Keener

April 27th, 2020 Del Mar, CA

Mandi was helpful and kept us informed at every step. The guys were most professional.

[email protected]

April 27th, 2020 Falls Church, VA

I had great experiences with the company. The project manager was very helpful. The installation crew was professional and efficient. We are pleased with the work and look forward to getting the inspection done and starting the system soon.

Nny Gmz

April 27th, 2020 Lawrence, MA

On time, professional and clean service!

vivian popek

April 27th, 2020 Manteca, CA

Choosing Vivint was a great choice for us. The installment when just as expected. Everything that was explained perfectly. Good experience.

Apr 28, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Vivian! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Mary Padilla

April 27th, 2020 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SAY NO TO VIVINT! I had mine installed in 2015---well it should have been, but it took ONE year to get it complete. I have been satisfied with the overall service of it, however the price of electricity will cost you more than you think and they continue to go up in price 2.9% each. My bills keep going up each year. WHAT I HATE about Vivint is that the salespeople LIE to you, I NEVER received a contract and when I tried to have the panels removed to put on a new roof after 4 years, they told me that I had to PAY $1700!! This company will RIP YOU OFF anytime that they can. They are completely insensitive to customers needs! It is no surprise to me that they have a 41% 1 star review rate and many of these folks would have given ZERO starts. What company wants to be in this position?? They really don't care at all. *Sidenote: They told me that the removal would be delayed because of Covid-19. When I pushed the woman farther, she said that "yes, they are still installing new solar panels, just not removing them". Of course, makes complete sense since they make the BIG bucks from the install.

Apr 28, 2020

Oh no, Mary! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!

Milton L Patton

April 24th, 2020 Salinas, CA

I am a perfectionist. The work was done up to my standards. But the time frame for the work was unrealistic. Firstly it takes time to prepare a crew and equipment for a job. Second it takes travel time to reach a job site. I was told to be prepared for their arrival by as early as 7 A. M. But to expect the arrival by 7:45. The crew arrived about 8:30. Thirdly I was told the work would be completed by 11:00. It was completed before 3:00 except for stowing of tools. I pressed the crew to leave by 3:00. My wife is a hero. She works 6 days a week caring for autistic children. She has to be at work by 3. If she is late the children become highly stressed. She lost a work partner last week because of the death of her partner's husband. So the children are very worried about my wife's care for them. It is critical that time estimates are accurate. I left with her before the crew had finished packing at a few minutes after 3:00. She was a few minutes late to her caregiving. When I returned I was satisfied with the quality of workmanship but found a forgotten hardhat and cone. The items are on my front porch waiting to be picked up by a crewman or thief when they are in the neighborhood. Since I am a new customer my given rating is not accurate. Also I have not made a payment yet so I am neither a paying customer or a non paying customer.

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks for your review, Milton. We're thrilled you've had a good experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that our installers didn't meet timeline expectations. Can you send us a private message with your location so that we can follow up with the install team? Thanks again for bringing it to our attention. We're so glad to have you in our community!

Misty Trujillo

April 24th, 2020 Oakdale, CA

Taylor was an amazing rep of the company. Knowledgeable and confident in the product. Super helpful and present with every step of the process. Just absolutely amazing guy.

Apr 28, 2020

This is awesome, Misty! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Bmiranda

April 24th, 2020 Santa Maria, CA

All is done with professionalism, efficiency & done with great service!

Apr 28, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community.

Michael Hiranuma

April 24th, 2020 Gardena, CA

Communication from the sales agent to the lead installer was superlative. They let me know what was going to happen then verified after the task was completed. Installers cleaned up after they were finished.

Apr 28, 2020

This is awesome, Michael! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Super Satisfied

April 24th, 2020 Chino, CA

Everything. Starting with the sales rep to the installation and notification. Everyone is polite and kind.

Apr 28, 2020

Your review brightened our day! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider!

Daniel Ukpong

April 24th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Excellent experience with the overall team work displayed by Vivint staff in the installation operations of Solar System.

Apr 28, 2020

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Daniel! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you.

Hampton Hoge

April 24th, 2020 Centreville, VA

The equipment installation was made at the time I was told and the installers were very considerate and did their job very timely in the amount of time I was told it would take. I was told the installation would be inspected and approved before it would be fully operational. I look forward to the system working and saving me the money I was told it would.

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks for your review, Hampton! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for years to come. Thanks for doing your part to take care of our earth.

Larry Brumm

April 24th, 2020 Pleasanton, CA

No out of pocket cost and everyone I had contact did what they said they would. I am now paying only 0.19 per kwh, period. No stair step to a higher level. The annual increase is 2.5 % each year for 20 years. I am very happy and I am telling all of my friends as well.

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks for your review, Larry! We're so delighted to hear that you're saving money with solar. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for years to come. Thanks for doing your part to take care of our earth.

Margaret Tagle

April 24th, 2020 Corona, CA

Sales Representative Ryan C has communicated with Me regarding Every step of the process.. The Field Personnel have been very respectful and considerate of my property 5 stars ✨ many more..

Apr 28, 2020

This is awesome, Margaret! Your positive feedback is like a ray of sunshine to us. We're so happy we could guide you through your solar experience. Thanks for choosing us!

Linda Swearingen

April 24th, 2020 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

install the solar on top of my house in December 2019 and were supposed to have it inspected and has not called me and just kept sending me reviews to review them and when I called they told me that they will be out to upgrade my solar electrical box in January and did not show up or call and now here it is April 2020 and still hasn't finish the work but started taking money from my Bank account while I am still paying Edison company for electricity and was told my solar wasn't even on. Edison told me Vivint hasn't even requested an inspection and they cannot turn on the solar until the inspection is done. Had family that were interested in solar but not would recommend ViVint. Solar. Bad customer service on phone.

Apr 28, 2020

Oh no, Linda! We're so sorry to hear this. We definitely want to make sure you have a positive experience. Please send your address and review to [email protected] so that we can look into this. Thank you!