One Call Alert

One Call Alert verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

A relative newcomer to the field of medical monitoring, One Call Medical Alert has made their mark and provides competitive services. One Call Medical Alert offers in-home services for those with a traditional landline, those without a landline and mobile services for those traveling or needing protection on the go.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.1 8.6 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.1 Read Review
#3 6.7 8.5 Read Review
#12 5.1 9.7 Current

The Good

• Endorsements
  • No Activation Fee or Minimum Service Contract
  • Features
  • Social Media
  • Lifetime Guarantee

Endorsements

One Call Alert is widely recognized for the quality of service, excellence in customer support, top-of-the-line equipment and affordable pricing options. Some companies which specifically have endorsed One Call Alert are: The American Diabetes Foundation, American Medical ID, The Mended Hearts, A Place for Mom, The National Association of EMS Educators and SeniorCare.com. Additionally, Consumer Digest names One Call Alert's ResCube as one of the top values for Alert monitoring.

No Activation Fee or Minimum Service Contract

New customers are not charged an activation fee and there is no minimum service contract. The company offers discounted pricing for those customers purchasing multiple months of service. Billing is paid in advance and via credit card. In addition to discounting the monthly cost of service, One Call Alert offers bonuses to customers for longer terms, such as a free pendant or bracelet for those who purchase a quarterly or annual membership. Annual subscribers receive a free lock box as well as the free transmitter.

Features

One Call Alert's features are both functional as well as aesthetic. They offer their customers flexibility in choosing their package and features as well as the actual device which will be worn. The basic in-home unit comes with a base unit as well as a transmitter which can be worn as either a pendant or as a bracelet. One Call Alert goes beyond the basic transmitter button and has added the option for different skins for the pendant or bracelet to personalize the device to match their moods or personalities. This feature comes in handy when there is more than one user in the home since one can personalize their transmitter.

Social Media

One Call Alert maintains a robust social media presence using Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to communicate with seniors and their caregivers about topics which are meaningful to this demographic. One Call Alert publishes helpful articles on their blog which are relevant to seniors and their families.

Lifetime Guarantee

One Call Alert offers a lifetime guarantee of their pricing.

The Bad

• Limited Range
  • Battery Life

Limited Range

One Call Alert systems have a limited range of 1000 ft. Other industry leaders' equipment have an improved or even unlimited range. Although, One Call Alert has recently added GPS functionality where they didn't before. This really helps to improve their score.

Battery Life

Another downside is that their overall battery life is significantly less than that of some of their competitors. Their battery life can last 30-39 hours which sounds substantial, however, industry leaders' battery lives reportedly can last up to 72+ hours.

The Bottom Line

One Call Alert as a viable option when shopping for a medical monitoring and alert service. Their terms of service are customer friendly and customer service representatives are professional, knowledgeable and eager to help. One Call Alert offers solid products at an affordable price and has received several professional endorsements. The addition of a mobile monitoring product with GPS would be a nice benefit in the future. It's recommended that the customer looks into top medical alert companies before considering One Call Alert.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

11 One Call Alert Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

October 19th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

All my questions answered by a great representative.

October 19th, 2017 Osage City, KS

Tracy was very polite and helpful when I placed my order.

October 13th, 2017 New York, NY

We only needed this service a couple of times but it was well worth it. The ordering and delivery process were very easy and trouble-free. The times when the alarm was needed were promptly followed by a call and appropriate action. The return process once the service was no longer needed was also very easy. The staff were very professional and helpful.

October 12th, 2017 Lexington, NY

I'm writing to say a huge 'Thank You' to Tracy D. for her excellent customer service. From the first call in Sept. with my many questions till just today with a request about service she has been very knowledgeable , pleasant, and accommodating. Tracy is an great asset to the company and deserves recognition for a job well done! :) Much appreciated!

October 12th, 2017 Apopka, FL

Debra was my first contact to set up my account. Very pleasant and knowledgeable. Jason helped me set up my system and run a few tests. He was outstanding and wanted to make sure I tested every scenario I was concerned about before we finished,

October 11th, 2017

Great experience, affordable, easy monthly bank draft withdrawal & quick delivery.

October 7th, 2017 Corona, CA

Tracy was extremely helpful and followed through on everything she said . The people over the Alert System were clear and communicated with ease. I'm very pleased and feel comfortable with my mom having this system.

1 0

October 6th, 2017

Tracy set my mind at ease concerning my father being able to be more independent. She answered all my questions and now i wont have to worry so much aboit my dad. Thanks.

1 0

October 5th, 2017

The reason I chose OneCallAllert over a few other companies was first and foremost the customer service and communication over the phone during my initial phone calls ... Tracy was so nice and very patient with all my questions ... She even called to see how we made out after the Hurricane hit in Florida ... During and after my contact with Tracy I felt as if I had known her since my childhood. It means so much to do business with someone who you feel so comfortable with. Thanks Tracy!

2 0

September 29th, 2017 Austin, TX

Each time I had to push my button the emergency operator was extremely helpful. Even when it was an accidental push, they always answered promptly and courteously. It was a comfort knowing they were there. I now live next door to my daughter in Georgetown so did not need the service, otherwise I would still be an active One Call user.

2 0

April 13th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

Very helpful. I bought this for my elderly cousin who moves around frequently. One Call is always very gracious with helping with address changes. She has used their service once.

6 3