Best Company Guarantee One Call Alert Logo

One Call Alert

8.1

One Call Alert offers in-home services for those with a traditional landline, those without a landline, and mobile services for those traveling or needing protection on the go.

One Call Alert has active partnerships with renowned organizations such as the American Diabetes Association and the Mended Hearts Foundation. The company was cited by Consumer’s Digest as a Top Value Brand for emergency response systems.

You can find One Call Alert reviews below if you want to learn about customer satisfaction.

The Good

• Company Endorsements
  • No Upfront Fees or Minimum Service Contract
  • Affordable Plans
  • Lifetime Guarantee
  • Positive One Call Alert Reviews

Company Endorsements

One Call Alert is widely recognized for the quality of service, excellence in customer support, top-of-the-line equipment, and affordable pricing options. Some companies that have specifically endorsed One Call Alert are The American Diabetes Foundation, American Medical ID, The Mended Hearts, and The National Association of EMS Educators.

No Upfront Fees or Minimum Service Contract

New customers are not charged any upfront fees, making activation and equipment completely free. There is also no minimum service contract. The company offers discounted pricing for those customers purchasing multiple months of service. Billing is paid in advance and via credit card.

In addition to discounting the monthly fee, One Call Alert offers bonuses to customers for longer terms, such as a free pendant or bracelet for those who purchase a quarterly or annual membership. Annual subscribers also receive a free lockbox.

Affordable Plans

One Call Alert has five affordable plans for its customers to choose from. These include in-home medical alert systems as well as mobile medical alert devices you can take with you anywhere.

All of One Call Alert's plans include a lifetime price guarantee, water-resistant equipment, and an option to purchase automatic fall detection (fall detection not available for the In-Home Wireless plan) for an extra $10 per month.

You don't have to pay equipment or activation fees, and there is no long-term contract required. Plans are month-to-month, but you can receive a discount if you pay quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.

It's convenient and impressive One Call Alert is completely transparent about its plans and services — many medical alert companies won't include pricing and plan information on their websites.

Here is a breakdown of One Call Alert's offered packages and pricing breakdowns based on the type of payment plan you opt for:

In-Home Landline In-Home Wireless Complete Protection Mobile On-the-Go Mobile Double
Monthly $24.95 $19.95 $41.95 $37.95 $44.95
Quarterly $74.85 $98.85 $119.85 $104.85 $128.85
Semi-Annual $137.70 $179.70 $221.70 $197.70 $239.70
Annual $275.40 $359.40 $443.40 $359.40 $479.40

In-Home Landline

If you're someone who is interested in medical alert protection just around the home, this landline package is a convenient option. The package comes with a traditional medical alert system with a base unit and wearable device that functions as a medical alert pendant you keep around your neck. Since this medical alert system only functions in the home, it does not include GPS tracking.

The system has a built-in speaker and a 32-hour backup battery in case there is a power outage or the system is accidentally unplugged. The medical alert system has a range of 1,300 feet, which is impressive and on the higher end of medical alert ranges. Even though the medical alert system only functions within the home, with such a lengthy range, it's still giving users extensive medical alert coverage.

As with all of One Call Alert's packages, it includes free shipping, free equipment, no long-term contracts, and no activation fee.

In-Home Wireless

This is an in-home medical alert system that is best for customers who want protection around their homes since it does not include GPS tracking. Unlike some other medical alert systems, One Call Alert equipment does not require a landline phone or internet since it functions on a cellular connection. The system functions off of At&T's nationwide network, which is included in this One Call Alert plan.

The alert pendant has a battery life of up to five years, and when the battery is running low, One Call Alert will immediately send out a replacement button. The battery life for the base station lasts up to 32 hours if it becomes unplugged, so make sure it is plugged in at all times to avoid battery failure.

The In-Home Wireless service comes with a help button, your choice of a pendant or wristband, and 24/7 emergency monitoring. Lastly, the In-Home Wireless plan is one of two that has medication reminders.

Keep in mind this is the only One Call Alert package that doesn't allow you to add fall detection.

Complete Protection

One Call Alert's most popular package is its Complete Protection plan. This medical alert plan is most appealing to customers who want protection at home and do not own a landline phone. The Complete Protection medical alert system functions on a cellular connection.

Similar to the In-Home package, the Complete Protection's medical alert system can function for up to 32 hours if unplugged or in the case of a power outage. The medical alert button has a charge of up to five years and when the battery is running low, One Call Alert will send you a new help button without you having to do anything. Numerous customer reviews note appreciation that they never have to worry about the low battery because One Call Alert is always on top of sending a replacement in time.

Complete Protection includes 24/7 monitoring, a medical alert button, and your choice of a pendant or wristband. You can upgrade to fall detection for $10 extra per month. This package also includes optional medication reminders.

Mobile On-the-Go

One added feature Mobile On-the-Go includes that the other packages don't is two-way communication. Two-way communication enables you to speak to One Call Alert's medical response center through your medical alert device's built-in microphone and speaker. If it's a minor issue and not an emergency, you can let the monitoring center know, and they will call your emergency contacts on file and go through the approval call protocol to get you the help you need.

This package also includes GPS tracking, which allows loved ones to find the medical alert owner's last known location.

You'll have 24/7 monitoring and a medical alert button you can wear as a wrist pendant or necklace. The mobile system takes four hours to fully charge, and the battery life lasts up to 32 hours. The device comes with a charging cradle so you can easily charge it every night if you prefer. The emergency button also comes with a low-battery indicator. It will be green on a full charge, amber on a moderate charge, and red on a low charge.

You can also upgrade this package to include optional fall detection for an additional $10 per month.

Mobile Double

The Mobile Double package is the same as the Mobile On-the-Go plan except there are two mobile medical alert devices rather than one. This is for customers who have two people living at the same address who both want medical alert protection.

This plan comes with two water-resistant emergency buttons with GPS tracking and two-way communication with built-in speakers. You still don't need to purchase equipment for this package even though you're getting double the products. You also don't need a landline phone or internet in order for the devices to function.

This plan is great for spouses or just for two people residing at the same address that both want protection. It's not significantly more expensive than the original mobile plan, so it's comforting you don't have to pay too much extra for double household protection.

Lifetime Guarantee

One Call Alert offers a lifetime guarantee for its pricing. With this guarantee, you don't have to worry about your bill fluctuating without warning. The company is committed to providing its customers with transparent and permanent pricing.

Positive One Call Alert Reviews

One Call Alert reviews are extremely positive, giving the medical alert provider a high star rating. With the vast majority of its reviews being five stars, customers highlight the company as a trusted medical alert service with quick response times and a helpful staff.

For example, Stella Dunavin from Monette, Arkansas noted in her customer review: "Haven't had to use it yet. Accidentally dropped the fall button and someone responded right away. Customer service is very helpful."

Many consumers also note the company is great about contacting users when the battery is low on their device, so they don't have to worry about the battery dying unexpectedly and leaving them unprotected.

The Bad

• Shorter Battery Life
  • Limited Warranty Info

Shorter Battery Life

Another downside is the overall battery life is significantly less than that of some of One Call Alert's competitors. The company's alert base station backup battery can last up to 32 hours. This sounds substantial, but other medical alert companies often have battery lives up to 72+ hours.

Limited Warranty Info

One Call Alert states that your base unit and pendant are protected under warranty and that they will be replaced at no cost under normal "wear and tear" conditions. The company website also explains that customers can find more information by calling a customer representative or seeing the Terms and Conditions Agreement. However, we could not find the Terms and Conditions Agreement on One Call Alert's website. You'll need to contact the company for additional information.

The Bottom Line

One Call Alert is a viable option when shopping for a medical alert monitoring service. The company offers solid products at an affordable price and has received several professional endorsements.

The lifetime price guarantee is a positive, along with the lack of activation and equipment fees. One Call Alert also offers an equipment warranty for anything that falls under typical "wear and tear" conditions. However, information about the warranty is not online, so you'll need to contact a company representative to receive further information.

If you're interested in learning more about the company, you can find One Call Alert reviews below. One Call Alert has hundreds of reviews with more than a 4.5/5 average star rating. With such positive feedback from customers, we can highly recommend One Call Alert as a trusted medical alert service. A few of the highlights from customers include quick response times, excellent customer service, and quality equipment.

Call our recommended rep over at One Call Alert below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Paul Anderon Fort Smith, AR

I accidently dropped my fall alert button and before I could cancel it they took action. I immediately ran a test hoping they would call. They did and I explained what happened. They reacted immediately to an accidental alert, I now feel very confident that should the real event occur they will react immediately. Sorry and Thanks, Paul

Barbara VanDyke Mason, MI

The system seems to be efficient. We have only tested it, set it up, but it works as directed so far. Customer service has been helpful upon initial purchase and answering questions.

Judith B Schwartzman Dayton, OH

They were very helpful in choosing a plan with specific advantages and disadvantages to each. They have excellent customer service when I have called with questions about system operation. When I have had false alarms they have been patient and helpful.

Ann Holt Clinton, NJ

I have not had a true emergency, but the interactions I have had with them-- for false alarms-- have been quick and efficient. My one problem has been in pushing in button within 20 seconds to void the call. This has never registered, requiring a call from Central each time I push their button.

Rose

They are very attentive to their customers. They address customer needs and have knowledge and the assistance you need during installation and operation of the device. The watch I wear is uncomfortable so I wish they would fix that. Every time I've tested it, the device works perfectly. They are very prompt and make sure you're safe and sound if the alarm goes off.

Joan Goodlettsville, TN

Everything went very smoothly when we signed up with One Call Alert. Everyone was very polite, respectful, and caring. I like the peace of mind my device gives me. Once when I bent on the floor to get something, my alarm went off and they communicated with me to make sure I was okay. That experience showed me how sensitive the device is and that it works well.

Marcia Conyers, GA

I have never had a medical emergency.(Thank God). I have used these services since 2016. The monthly payment was affordable. The equipment that they provided worked very well. There were times when I would accidentally set off the alarm and they responded to me in a reasonable time just to verify my safety. I recently go some updated equipment when I am very happy with. The price is still very affordable.. I feel very protected with One Call Alert connected to me.

Caron Knauer Long Island City, NY

The staff at One Call Alert are highly trained, responsive, considerate, and patient. They have given us complete trust that our mother is in highly competent hands!

Arno R Kracht Saint Louis, MO

Excellent sales presentation, easy-to-install, quick response (I'm a klutz, and set it off accidentally!) I've already recommended the product/service to family and friends.

Judith Belanger

I took a fall in my garage and if I hadn't had my call alert on I would have played there for days! I had broke my hip! They called all my contacts and notified the emergency service! Thank God for them!

Sandy Scott Elk River, MN

I need technical help from Tasha and we discovered I had a very weak signal. She was excellent in helping me with a solution, giving me a credit and pointing me to what would work in my apt. She is a valuable employee!

Peter Eau Claire, WI

The person I talked to at this company was really good and put me in the direction I needed to go. The device works just fine. It is a little touchy and will go off even if you're not pressing the button very hard. We've tested the device since getting it and it works fine.

Cecelia Timmons Fort Mill, SC

After reviewing the different companies, I found One Call Alert met all the needs I was looking for to keep my Mother safe. A mobile device, one when she is home, that can be worn in the shower, options for a wrist or necklace, and a way for the EMT crew to access her home without, breaking a window or door. I like that we can test it every month, and they ask if you're ok before dispatching emergency services. The necklace has a break away device, in case you get tangled at night while sleeping, or anytime. It was easy to set up, and when calling customer service for questions, they were prompt in answering the call and questions. I have the package where there is a push button that can be mounted to the wall, and I placed that in the bathroom in a lower position, where if needed she can use her foot, or if she fell, could push it with her hand.

Debbie Buckley, WA

They were great in their customer service when initial contact made and great follow up when ready to order. Equipment came timely and easy to understand for set-up.

Deanna Avon, CT

I'm very happy with my device. I think there may be an error with it though because they'll call me a lot when I didn't think my alarm went off. They have been very nice when they call and I don't have any problems with it.

This device is really good. Every time I've tested it, they answer and make sure I'm alright. Equipment works out fine and the device works when I am in different locations in my home.

James Jacksonville, FL

I think they are very professional. When I was signing up, they gave me all the information that I needed. I like the peace of mind it gives me. I was very pleased with their response when I pressed the button. It was only 5 or 6 seconds. They were very professional when I told them it was not an emergency. I feel like I made the best choice and I have already recommended it to 3 friends.

Carla Malloy Oskaloosa, IA

My mother fell and the quick response and procedures by One Call worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Claire Burlington, NC

I needed it the day after I installed it and they were very fast at communicating.

Alice Haub Saint Louis, MO

They are very helpful and answered all my questions and replaced my wrist alarm at no cost

Vita Mazzola Roslyn, NY

#4 the alert in my bedroom in order to answer it I HAVE TO I have to the den which is 2 rooms away..I have called

Mary Floyd Gallatin, TN

I dropped my neck alarm on my lap they immediately called me to see if I had fallen I feel safe thank you

Lori Smith Wellsville, KS

It was easy to set and we had issues with the first one we received and they sent out another one and helped my Mom set it all up.

Julie Lordsburg, NM

I've had a few glitches with my device as they will either call me back too much or not call me back when the button is activated. Other than that, everything has been good with it and the device works well.

Anonymous New Brighton, PA

My sister has this device and when she used it they responded quickly and took care of everything. It's a very convenient device that she can wear like a bracelet. It makes you feel comfortable.

Carole Burke Statesville, NC

I am very satisfied with One Call Alert. The fall alert went off when I leaned over to get something off the floor, so I feel sure that it will go off if I fall.

Karen L Zeiler

My friend who used this service had to pay her regular bill. She did that but the company moved its HQ and never received her check. The company never told her they were moving. It was a chaotic situation for about 2 weeks to get it all straightened out. My friend had to cancel her original check and write the company a new one. We were very displeased with the customer service. However, we stuck with the company and since then things have run more smoothly.

Reply from One Call Alert

Hi Karen, We received your review and would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. At OneCallAlert we pride ourselves in providing a great experience to all our customers. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. You can also reach our Customer Service team directly by dialing 800-913-9098 Option 3. We look forward to speaking with you.

Dec. 13th, 2020

Bernadine

We received One Call Alert within 3 days. I had to wait for 3 months for Medical Alert to send one. When she was in the hospital, she lost it and Medical Alert never replace it, that is why we called One Call Alert. It went through when we tested it. Customer service walked us through it. They have been great.

Andrew

My mother uses both her necklace and the care givers have use of the emergency button. It is simple to use and to set up. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and transparent. As a customer I felt I had what I needed to make an informed decision.

Glenna

Much, much more secure with One Call Alert. The company is prompt. I appreciate that they respond to anything that is questionable. The service is unbelievable. They were on the phone with me and took care of me. I got the proper treatment. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Colette

This is the first time I’ve purchased any service like this and they made me feel comfortable about what I was doing. They were very knowledgeable and reassuring. I like that the have the option as opposed to just a necklace. I tested it to make sure it was working.

Joanne

One call alert is the cheapest and so far we have not had a problem with them except that she does not like the pendant. When she hit the button, they were on it immediately. They are very friendly when they talk to you and they are professional.

Christina Cleveland, OH

Everything about one call alert is really good. When I fell down, they called me immediately and alerted my kids so they could see if I was okay. I like having the safety of having GPS and them knowing where I am all the time.

Mary Ann Stulz Newport, KY

I would like to do a test on my pager, but One Time Alert said that I can not. I did the initial testing, but then no other testing is allowed?

Reply from One Call Alert

Hi Mary Ann, We received your review and we apologize if there was any confusion. Our systems can definitely be tested at any time. We are glad to see that our Technical Support team was able to connect with you regarding this inquiry. At OneCallAlert we pride ourselves in providing a great experience to all our customers. If any assistance is needed with the equipment, please do not hesitate to contact us by dialing 800-913-9098, Option 1 for Technical Support. Thank you for being a valued part of the OneCallAlert family.

Apr. 24th, 2021

Ernestine J Smith Towson, MD

Very responsive, even for unintentional activiations of emergency signal

CLC Sanford, NC

Accidentally pressed the button and they called me immediately

Lynn Anderson, SC

For the peace of mind for my eighty six year old father, I appreciate one call alert. It is very easy for him to use and even when he hits the button by mistake, they are there right away. They don’t get upset and are polite and very helpful. I like the lockbox because I have gone over there and forgotten my key and it was just wonderful being able to get into the house.

Sheila Gardner, MA

Whenever I've called them or ask them about a question, they're very quick to answer and I get exactly what information I need. I have a difficult time with setting it off accidentally. I tested it when it first came in and I got ahold of a girl because I wasn't sure how to test it. She was very informative and helped me to get through the test immediately.

Patricia A Young De Bary, FL

Because they reached my kids and neighbor to alert them as to my alarm went off.

Christina Patrick Ellenton, FL

They have been great when I have questions and also when my mom has hit the button.

Grace Martin Waynesboro, PA

Always there to answer questions and they take the time to answer questions and all concerns

Natalie Houston, TX

Anytime I have a problem, the paramedics are here within absolutely minutes. I don't dislike anything about it except that accidentally I might lean against a desk or table and it goes off and of course that is annoying to the company as well as myself. The last time I used it, it was at a very critical moment. I was getting out of an elevator and I felt like I was just about to faint. I went down on the floor. There was nobody on that floor at the time and I pressed the button and that was about the only thing I could do before actually passing out. And before I knew it, the paramedics were able to locate me.

LJ Russo Natick, MA

I am not a person to take the time to write a negative. review. ONE CALL ALARM System, is what I would call a hook and sinker company. Once you agree to take there service they make it very difficult to cancel . And as a totally disabled man. They will not cancel account until they have in there possession ever piece of equipment back. And being restricted in a wheelchair alone. It is not easy to box everything up and return. THEY DON'T care ! Once they have your credit card number they tell me they will bill me until. They receive ever piece back. Even though there cancellation notice says don't worry about it if you can't return everything. PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did with ONE CALL Alarm.

Reply from One Call Alert

Hello, We received your review and would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. At OneCallAlert we pride ourselves in providing a great experience to all our customers, and we would like to make sure you receive nothing less. We would like to contact you to further assist with your account. What would be the best number for us to reach you on? You can also reach our Customer Service team directly by dialing 800-913-9098 Option 3. We look forward to speaking with you.

Mar. 24th, 2021

Gregory Garman Washington, DC

HERE IS A WARNING TO ANYONE THAT HAS AN ELDERLY PARENT AND YOU WANT TO GET AN ALERT SYSTEM!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT USE ONECALLALERT!!!!! My mom had the system and when I notified them that she had passed they informed me to return the system and they would issue a refund! Well that was back in January of this year and they got the equipment on the 26th of January. I just talked to them because we have not received the refund and come to find out that they sent it to my moms old address and in her name! Does that make sense to anyone that they issue a check to someone who is deceased????? They wanted to send it to me at my address but would not change the name on the check to mine or my cousins name!!!!

Reply from One Call Alert

Hi Gregory, We received your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during this difficult time. With the appropriate Executor of Estate documentation, we can definitely have the check information corrected. At OneCallAlert we pride ourselves in providing a great experience to all our customers, and we would like to contact you to further assist with any unresolved issues or concerns about the account. What would be the best number for us to reach you on? You can also reach us directly by dialing 800-913-9098 Option 3. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Dianne Wallingford, CT

Customer service is very helpful. It was easy to set up. The response time is very quick when it thinks you fall and you can just tell them if it is a false alarm.

Lori Lincoln Rancho Mirage, CA

Your customer service has been excellent. Because of Covid and the fact that my Father lives 100 mi. away I haven't been able to get it up and running so he now has 24 hr care

Reply from One Call Alert

Hi Lori, We received your review and would like to thank you for your kind words. We would also love to speak with you to ensure you are receiving the peace of mind you are looking for with our system. What would be the best number for us to reach you on? You can also reach Technical Support directly by dialing 800-913-9098 Option 1. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Jan. 20th, 2021

Flodene

So far is has gone through if it has been tested. We’ve been lucky that we haven’t had to really use it yet but it is quick and easy when we test it. There is nothing I dislike about it.

Rose

I like that is does not have to be charge and they are always prompt and it seems to work really well and quickly the couple of times we have tested it. I dislike that they don’t talk through the pendant, you have to hear them from the box.

John

Every time I leave the house I test it, so probable weekly. I like the mobility of it though it don’t like the amount I have to wear to go out. Still they always respond quickly. Everything is nice.

Hazel

When I tested the device, it worked fine. I didn’t have any problems testing it. I don’t have any problems getting them to answer my questions. I get what I need taken care of right away.