Welcome to our GHS Interactive Security review! GHS Interactive Security is one of the country's top community-based security and automation companies and has over 100 years combined experience in the home security industry. They also have a wide variety of security and home automation options from which you can choose. Additionally, they advertise flexible monitoring rates and offer convenient access and control of their systems via an Alarm.com app. See GHS Interactive Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company's products and services.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
4.1
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Residential and Commercial Applications
  • Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems
  • Secure Cellular Communication
  • Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Customizable Equipment Options

Residential and Commercial Applications

GHS Interactive Security offers both residential and commercial security systems in California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems

They provide you with total access to manage, monitor and control your system with the use of their Alarm.com app, which can be downloaded on any computer or mobile device and will send you push notifications. This integrated system not only provides you with a single touch-point, but it also has customized trigger responses as well. For example, when you lock your front door, the system will automatically arm your security system, turn off the lights, adjust your thermostat and more.

Secure Cellular Communication

Additionally, GHS Interactive Security uses a totally wireless, secure cellular system that's tamper-resistant, which means it can't be cut like a phone line or disabled like an internet connection or broadband line can. However, they also offer landline, broadband, and internet monitoring as well if you so choose.

Theft Protection Guarantee

GHS offers a theft protection guarantee as well.

Customizable Equipment Options

GHS Interactive Security also has customizable equipment options that allow you to build your own system so you don't have to pay for features and options you don't need or use. And, they complete the entire installation for you so you don't have to worry about a thing.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Pricing and Package Options
  • Contract Terms Not Transparent
  • No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any

Undisclosed Pricing and Package Options

One thing that some might find a bit frustrating is that GHS Interactive Security doesn't disclose any of their pricing, nor do they have any pre-packaged options for you to choose from. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing because it allows you to customize a system so you only have to pay for the equipment you actually use. But it would be nice if they at least showed some examples of packages so their customers could get a general idea about their pricing structure.

Contract Terms Not Transparent

Additionally, there is no mention on their website about whether or not they require you to sign a contract when purchasing its security alarm or how long that contract might be.

No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any

And, they don't mention whether you have to pay a cancellation fee should you decide to terminate your service. Therefore, you will have to contact them to determine this information based on the specific equipment you've chosen.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

GHS Interactive Security offers a full suite of home security, home automation, monitoring and medical safety options which can all be accessed, monitored and controlled via their Alarm.com app. And they offer customizable equipment packages so you don't have to pay for anything you don't need. However, their website lacks important information regarding its security systems such as pricing, contract terms (if any) and whether or not they will charge you a cancellation fee and how much that fee might be should you decide to cancel. If you want to learn more about the company's customer service, equipment quality, and its overall service, check out GHS Interactive Security reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

1.6

G. Lukacs
September 16th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

Lawarren Came to install my system. I highly recommend him to all future customers, family and friends. He took his time with me to help me understand everything I needed to know. He is the best technician I've ever experienced. I feel like I meet a friend. Thanks ghs for sending me your best technician. He needs employee of the year award.

Clyde
September 12th, 2019 Summerville, SC DETAILS

Upgraded GHS I still feed I made a mistake but I will give them benefit they finally got my key fobs installed with a tech walking me through the installation process, and my system seems to be working great.

Laura Hartman
September 11th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA

Scammed my elderly mother into switching her current security provider to them by telling her the current provider was going out of business on the west coast and they were taking over their contracts. A total lie. I am now trying to get this straightened out for her. She isn't even sure if she signed a contract or for how long - the only thing she can tell me is she "did something with her finger on his phone." Totally unethical.

Darryl
September 5th, 2019 Reseda, CA DETAILS

They automatically renew your contract with no consent and wont cancel the contract. They also "lose" your cancellation letter at their convince and have no recordings or paper work stating that you tried to cancel at any time. If anything the company is a complete fraud and now seeking legal actions to get all my money back from the start of the service for the stress of trying to cancel.

Sep 06, 2019

We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you've experienced with the services we provide you, and would be more than happy to review your account and do whatever necessary to resolve any and all issues found. If you could please email your account info - name, phone number, and address as listed on your GHS account - to [email protected] , we will do all we can to assist you. We appreciate your patience, and again apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. -GHS Security

Sue
August 7th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

This is the absolute worst company!!! We moved in Oct to a new home. At that time I provided them with the new address to move our system and update our address in their files. 3 different times I have had to request a change of address even though they have been to my home twice! The address still wasn't changed and when I call I get excuses of how it is another company that has to update it not them. The way I found out that it still wasn't updated was that our alarm was triggered by a family member opening the door when the alarm was set. Normally there is someone that calls over the security system to see if we are ok and ask for our verbal password. Fail #1! Then they called and I returned the call and gave my password saying we were all safe Fail #2! Then the police department calls me asking if I'm ok, clearly the GHS has not contacted them. Mind you it was the wrong city police calling me! Fail #3 THEY SENT THE POLICE TO MY OLD ADDRESS IN ANOTHER TOWN!! TOTAL FAILURE!!! had this been a real emergency who knows what would have happened. I have contacted GHS more than a dozen times trying to get this straight, now I want my contract ended and they are saying they will give me 2 months free! SERIOUSLY!! it took them 6 months and major failures on their part to change my address! I have also had my system shut down for no apparent reason then I get a message saying it's back up and running. I have also had it on it's own say armed then disarmed and I have not done this, so who is? I am ready to hire a lawyer to get out of this contract and I am FOR SURE reporting this to the better business bureau of Arizona!! This company has horrible customer service!! It is a total scam! I do not at all recommend it and I will tell everyone I know never to use it.

Aug 19, 2019

Sue, please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience or trouble we have caused you; I am so sorry for the negative experience you have had with our company. My notes indicate that a manager in our Customer Care team has reached out to you to assist, and rectify any and all problems found. If you need anything else - or if there is something else I can assist you with - please email your account info - name, phone number, and address as listed on your GHS account - to [email protected] , and we will do all we can to assist you. We appreciate your patience, and again apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you, -GHS Security

Tyrannical
July 29th, 2019 Santa Clarita, CA DETAILS

Listen to other reviewers...this company is a bunch of crooks. Like others have said, if the contract auto-renews, you can't get out of the contract until the end of the next year. Ours auto-renewed on November 30th of 2018, and we filled out their cancellation form as they requested on January 2nd, sent it Certified Mail, and got the receipt confirmation on January 14th. They never responded to the letter, and are still charging us in July. Do not open your doors, or your account to these crooks, they will make you pay dearly.

Aug 05, 2019

Chris kuebrich
July 19th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Don’t do it. Contract auto renews annually. They make it near impossible to cancel. They insist on billing you for the entire year no matter when you cancel. So, if you signed a contract on June 30, 2014 and you cancel on 7/1/2018, they charge you until 6/30/2019. Their phone employees “customer service” must deal with this frequently. They’re very quick to tell you that you signed a contract and offer to send you the contract.

Jul 24, 2019

Chris, we are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the services we've provided you. We would be more than happy to review your account and do what we can to resolve any and all issues you've experienced. Please email your account info - name, phone number, and address as listed on your GHS account - to [email protected] and we will do all we can to assist you. Thank you for your patience, and for being a valued customer of GHS. -GHS Security

Gary
June 25th, 2019 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS

Just doing this to help the rep Art out. Our rep said the company is under new leadership and that they’ve completely revamped the company as a whole. I got installed early June and haven’t had a single problem. I had a faulty glassbreak sensor and Art has stayed in quick contact to get it resolved. Definitely give them a chance. Super friendly and super professional team out here in NC

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you, Gary, for taking the time to post your feedback in the form of this great review. We will share this information with Art and his installation team, and appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to serve & protect you and your family. Should you ever need assistance with your equipment or services, please contact us (always including your GHS account information for fastest response) at [email protected] . Thank you for being a valued customer of ours! Here to serve, GHS Security

Scott
June 7th, 2019 Kingman, AZ DETAILS

Horrible, liers, and will not help you. Worst company ever. Equipment don’t work and faults out all the time. The keep raising there price even in a fake contract price as they say.

Aug 05, 2019

Scott, we are very sorry to hear of the trouble you've experienced with the equipment we've provided you, and would be more than happy to review your account and do whatever necessary to resolve any and all issues found. If you could please email your account info - name, phone number, and address as listed on your GHS account - to [email protected] , we will do all we can to assist you. We appreciate your patience, and again apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. -GHS Security

Shawna
May 29th, 2019 Aubrey, TX DETAILS

I had a service technician come out for a free check. Was told everything was good and just to sign saying that he had checked everything and no problems were found. Come to find out that it was a 3 year extension. I have had to sell my home due to layoff and now am indebted for something I did not know I was signing.

Aug 06, 2019

Shawna, we are very dissapointed to hear of the unsatisfactory experience you had with our service technician, and will do all we can to remedy any and all issues you've had. Please email us your GHS account information to [email protected] (including name, phone, and address as listed on your account) so that we can resolve the problems you are having. It is not customary for this type of incident to occur at GHS, and we hope to hear from you soon so that we can investigate the issue and assist you personally. We appreciate your patience and your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon. Thank you - GHS Security

A D Lanier
May 28th, 2019 Memphis, TN DETAILS

The answer to question 1 this company is not deserving of a rating at all GHS is the absolute worst company I've ever experienced. My security system was installed in Dec. 2018 I've had nothing but problems. They installed cameras with low batteries and one on my cameras was defected. I had to purchase a wi-fi extender for all the cameras to work and I replaced the batteries in one camera they are very expensive. I was told I had only 3 days to cancel the contract after a week of complaints. I couldn't cancel the contract. Finally, after several months of bickering with this company they can out and installed all new cameras which took 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. Customer service is a disgrace they don't return calls and getting a tech to come out is almost impossible. Right now I'm waiting on a tech to come out to replace a control panel that was blacked out during an storm 5 days ago. The tech was supposed to call me no one has called I had to call them and after 3 attempts I'm about to call again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON' SELECT THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT HEART ACHE AND PAIN (wow i had to select a star to continue0

jake adam dobbs
May 13th, 2019 Rowlett, TX DETAILS

All the complaints are true in my experience. Bad customer service, faulty equipment, unethical follow up on contract. I have sent a certified letter and recorded phone conversations to ensure cancellation when the "renewed 1 year contract" expires.

Liz M.
February 27th, 2019 Addison, TX DETAILS

My new GHS Security system is great, the staff are all incredibly friendly and professional as well as knowledgeable. They really know how to put the customer first. I am a 100% happy and satisfied customer of GHS, and will recommend their security and home automation systems to all my friends and family!

ScullyRose
February 14th, 2019 Antelope, CA DETAILS

I am several years past my lengthy 3 year contract. And all this time thought I was month-to-month now since my 3 year contract expired. I called GHS today to cancel my monitoring service and they told me I have to keep paying until my "term" is up (10 months from now). They said my contract automatically renews for 1 year unless I send a cancellation letter by mail (and they confirm by phone call) at least 30 days before the end of my term. This is a scam! They NEVER sent me any notice before (or after) the end of any "term" and this is so I automatically get locked in for another year! What a ripoff. Also my motion sensor has never worked right (always says "low battery") and when I asked that they send someone out to replace their malfunctioning equipment they want to charge me $35 for a service call! Their monthly fee is too expensive and their customer service sucks. I'm switching. But I'm checking with my attorney to see if it is even legal to automatically renew without any warning before getting locked in.

Niki
December 17th, 2018 Los Banos, CA DETAILS

Please! Please! Please! Don’t do business with this company!!! I have tried on 3 separate occasions to cancel my service ! I was told to send my request in writing, so I did, twice. But, they continued to charge me for their “services”. Each time I sent a letter, I called them and was told they never received the letters. Finally, after over 6 months of phone calls, a customer service representative said to send it certified mail, which I did. They received the letter, but charged me again!! I was then told my letter wasn’t received 30 days before the contract automatically renewed, so now I was on the hook for another year!!! They have promised over and over to have a representative call me back, but they never do... I am still in the process of trying to get this resolved. I started this process in January of 2018.... It’s going on a year... If I could, I would give this company NO stars!!

Jorge Campos
December 6th, 2018 Victorville, CA

I was given so much information on how awesome they are and all the services they would provide to secure my home. I was told they offer hard wire cameras to secure our home and state Wifi was not required. Installation on the sensors and door knob was completed but cameras I was told would be installed that Saturday. That was 3 weeks ago. I finally called yesterday and I was told they would send the technician out today, Friday 11/30/2018 at 1pm. Well, they just called that they do not have the cameras to install and that they would not come today. Why am I not surprised? Horrible company and the business they provide. Lying to get customers to fall for their false advertisement and business. Demanded they come and pick up their equipment by the end of today.

Van
November 6th, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

They are the worst company to do business with. My fire alarm needs batteries but when I put new ones in it goes off and here comes the fire department. I’ve called GHS to get it fixed and nothing is happening. So now I going to my to get out the contact and go someplace else.

David Hollifield
September 5th, 2018 Polkton, NC

Predatory company. Have called my “do not call” cell number literally 100+ times.

Angelica
July 16th, 2018 Tolleson, AZ DETAILS

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!! They are not honest!! I contacted them so they can transfer the equipment to my new home, I kept hearing from them every time I called that a technician would contact me, which never happened. I had to keep calling them and by the time Someone called to schedule the transfer of equipment I had already moved out and had no possession of the keys or home where the old equipment was. They scheduled to install at new place come to find out they were only installing doors, security panel and no windows. When I questioned they claimed that since the old equipment was left in the other home they couldn't give me all the equipment and that they were only going to provide what they had offered me. What the use of home security if your windows are not secured? I told them that it was not my fault that they didn't scheduled the transfer before I moved out. They should of came out and transferred before my keys were due at the rental. If I wanted the rest of the equipment wich would cover the rest of the windows, 8 windows in my home I would have to sign another 3 year contract. BS Which from what I remember sales guy said Any time you move and your home is bigger and need more equipment it will be installed at no extra cost. Which in my case They insist that for the 8 windows I would have to purchase the sensors, or they can install if I do another 3 year contract to cover the costs. Sales people say anything to make the sale, they lied, when I signed up with them they said equipment was free no cost with 3 year contract, now that I moved and needed my windows covered they pull this BS, That I have to purchase or agree with another 3 year contract!! I cancelled and won't be doing business with them anymore! STAY AWAY FROM GHS!! Dishonest and misleading info, not professional!

JAY l bowden
May 25th, 2018 Modesto, CA DETAILS

SALESMAN DANNY C. SCAMMED ME SAT ME UP FOR 2 ALARM SYSTEMS FOR MY HOUSE FALSIFIED CONTRACT STILL WAITING TO FIND THIS LOOSER.

Jerry
May 10th, 2018 Merced, CA DETAILS

I was sold the system in Jan 2017, it was a neighborhood push, going door to door. I explained that we would be moving out of state in about 1 year, the sales person told me that if I moved and could not use the system, that I could return the system, and pay a nominal separation fee for ending the contract early. Being that I wanted a security system for my home, I did agree and took the system, well shame on me. I did not read the contract in full. You have to pay the full contract, no matter how long you have the service or the system. Buyer beware of GHS high pressure sales and dishonest field managers and sales staff, read your contract fully, DO NOT TRUST anything they tell you, only trust the contract. Shame on me; however, I still feel it is prudent to warn buyers to be careful. GHS also wanted me to pay the full contract, even though I was not going to be provided any service for the remaining portion of that contract. Basically they wanted all the money with no service. Also, make sure you are aware that they require a certified letter at least 30 days in advance of your contract expiration or they will auto renew for 1 year and you are liable for that year, even if you miss it by a day. The devil is in the details, so be careful, read everything. I am now paying a monthly payment for a security system that is not in service and not connected. Again, shame on me.

Greg
April 30th, 2018 Denton, TX DETAILS

They are fraudulent with both their employees and customers. They are highly unethical and will do anything to get a system in a home. They load up their employees in a van and drop them off to invade the neighborhood. They say they just want to give you information, but as they're talking to you, then their team leader shows up and acts like he/she knows what he is doing and pushes to get inside your home so you have to listen to them. NONE OF THEM ARE LICENSED TO DESIGN OR PLAN A SECURITY/FIRE SYSTEM, which makes them selling an alarm system illegal. Also, their perception of security is a front door sensor, back door sensor, and a motion sensor. The reality is that if a door or a motion sensor is tripped, then they're already in your home. They lie to their employees and lie to their customers. They are a horrible company to do business with, so if you truly value your safety, choose a reputable security company, which isn't GHS

Linda Howell
February 22nd, 2018 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

If I could give this agency an 0 I would. They are frauds, I was told I needed to cancel by letter, after being extended one year over and over. My contract was up in February 2018. I sent letter August 2017. They claimed they did not receive it, and extended AGAIN!!!!!!. I AM CURRENTLY FIGHTING THEM, BUT SO FAR HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL. My next step is to block them at my bank to stop auto payment. I could give a damn if it is sent to collections. DO NOT, DO NOT USE THIS ALARM AGENCY!!!!

Jennifer Espino
September 5th, 2017 Plano, TX

The customer service is good over the phone, however, they do NOT follow through of what they promised to do on the phone call !!! We are extremely disappointed with them :(

travis cellan
July 26th, 2017 Billings, MT

Despite what they say, it is in fact a scam, any business that makes it impossible to cancel unwanted service is a scam. Like others here, we called to cancel service in March, GHS reminded us that our 36 month contract was up in July. Fine, it's July, we call to cancel and they say they needed a written/mailed cancellation notice by July 5th, so we are automatically renewed for another year. Nowhere do they tell you this, and there's nothing they can do (right). If they would only stop to consider that money may be tight right now and that we would most likely reactivate in the future. Instead, not only would we never use GHS again, we will make sure to tell everyone we know to steer clear. *Now cue the GHS rep to remind of us of the contract we signed and give us a lesson in business...

migdalia jackson
July 26th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

I am upset and disappointed with this company. My cancellation letter was 8 days late( I will be done with my 3 years contract on August 16, 2017 and I needed to send my cancellation letter at least 30 days before the end of my contract. I sent the letter on July 24) so they are going to "autorenew" the contract for another year. I can understand one month but one year. this is 56 dollars every month that I will pay for service that I do not want. Please do not do business with this company. when one has to sign a contract for 3 years, pay $56.00 and they know that is hard to remember to send this cancellation letter on time. this is setting people up for failure. One can get cheaper service with no contract with other companies. So now I am attach to GHS for one more year :(

Kathleen
July 24th, 2017

The have horrible morals and work ethics. They also are pushy and overbearing and lie to get you into one of their 3 contracts.

David Ninneman
June 6th, 2017 Riverside, CA

When Mitch got us to switch from Moni he assured us the verbal contract Moni claims to have with us was not legal in California and GHS will by out the contract if there is one. Later when Moni said we owe for 26 months remaining on our contract I asked Mitch for any documentation he could get me to support his claim. He told me he would check with the GHS legal dept and get back to me. That was the last time I heard from Mitch and he stopped returning my phone calls. Then I was working with Isabel but she doesn't take or return my calls anymore either. Since then I have been bounced around between account managers with each one telling me don't worried Moni doesn't have a legal contract with you but I'm the one that keeps get billing notices from Moni. I'm the one that will get sent to collections. I'm the one who will take the credit hit. Bottom line is they will tell you anything to get you to sign but won't back it up when it counts. Now I have Moni billing me and GHS billing me I'm stuck in the middle with no help in sight. Think carefully be for you believe anything these guys tell you to get you to sign.

Bill Looney
May 12th, 2017 Woodway, TX

SINCE OUR SYSTEM WAS UPGRADED WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL CALLS TO INSURE IT IS UP TO OUR EXPECTATIONS. UPGRADED EQUIPMENT INSTALLED AND TESTED, USE EXPLAINED BY INSTALLER AND AVAILABLE ON LINE. APP ON MY PHONE AND A REMOTE. MANY USER FRIENDLY OPTIONS. REDUCED OUR PAYMENTS FROM PREVIOUS COMPANY THAT HAD A 4 YEAR CONTRACT AND NEVER CONTACTED ME FOR ANYTHING EVEN WHEN THE CONTRACT ENDED.