Best Company Guarantee AUTOPAY Logo

AUTOPAY

9.0

LAST UPDATED: September 22nd, 2022

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Linard B Feaster Richmond, TX

Auto Pay was able to approve me in minutes. I am very pleased with my lower interest rate and the money saved. It was a quick and easy process for a refinance. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from AUTOPAY

What great feedback! Thank you, Linard!

Jul. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Angel North Las Vegas, NV

Zero issues, great customer service, easy step by step process. Patience is a great deal when it comes to working with people and they have it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Angel! We are glad you had such a great experience, thank you!

Jul. 30th, 2021

Vincent Napoletano Toms River, NJ

Kory R was perfect on Everything! Communication, explaining everything, and held our hand the whole way. He answered everyone question and honest in his answers, whether they were good or bad. Kory should be training everyone at your company!

Reply from AUTOPAY

WOW. What kind words for Kory. Thank you and I will pass along your feedback.

Deborah Raleigh, NC

My representative, Matt R, took the time to explain each step of the process along the way (I had a lot of questions). He was timely, organized, professional and personable. There was no hidden agenda, and I'm very pleased with my new lender thanks to Autopay.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the great review Deborah. I will pass the feedback on to Matt.

Julie Buser Augusta, GA

From the time I submitted my initial application, this process was by far the easiest of any service I have ever done business with. I was fully guided and kept up to date through each step. I was able to speak with my rep through text (super convenient for me). I've used this experience to improve the service provided at my company. Amazing work! I'd love to chat with whoever designed the process for AutoPay because it's brilliant. The only step I had to take was to get some documents notarized. They handled everything else and cut my interest rate in HALF while saving me over $100 a month. No other company has been able to provide that.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Julie, we appreciate all of our customers and strive for the smoothest most transparent process and so excited you saved so much!

Kaitlyn

You were able to save me about $200 a month from my previous lender. I had the representative Daytona and he was very responsive and if I had a question I could text him, he got right back to me, he also worked around my schedule if I couldn't do a call at that time. He was able to talk with me when it was convenient for me and any questions I had about the documentation since it was sent over the internet and a little bit different than how I had a car loan in the past, he was really helpful in going over those documents with me. It was just overall a really good experience and I definitely would recommend you guys to friends and family.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Kaitlyn, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Stephen

Everything was great, they pretty much handle all the work. They kept shopping around to find me the best rate that I can get and I got a rate that was lower than what I thought I was gonna get. I spoke with Cody and at one point he got one which is a great rate, I was almost ready to jump on that and he was like, hold on, let me see if I can do better, let me reach out to a couple more lenders and then came back with half a point less than what the original was, which in the long run it saves me a lot of money. The whole process was great, smooth, very easy, they process all the fees for you so all I need to do is just get some stuff notarized which was really simple. They sent me all the forms with everything highlighted so all I have to do is fill in here, fill in there, sign here, sign there. It was a very easy and smooth process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Stephen, we're always looking for ways to improve the experience with our customers. I'm so glad to hear how we have helped you. Cheers, AUTOPAY.

Tommy

I think the rates are a good you're better than the normal finance company and I don't plan on having my car that long anyway so it works well for me. Nick was very professional, didn't seem pushy or anything and it seemed like he was trying to work with me. Always gave me all the information that I needed to move forward and all this took place like three days so I was very impressed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Tommy, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment in just three days! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Vincent

The gentleman that I work with is amazing, I believe his name was Aaron. He's honestly the person that kind of made me more confident in wanting to refinance, I appreciate him. Every time I have a question I would text the number my question it would be taken care of there. The communication was amazing from their company. They helped me get refinanced and it took around three hundred dollars off my payment almost.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear Vincent, we will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

Jonathan Tampa, FL

The support was very attentive, but it was kind of hard to reach out to the agent that was assigned to me. Their phone number didn't have a direct line for me to call it was very one way when it came to phone calls, and text messages were kind of hard to keep up with as well I would send the message and the response wasn't even acknowledged for awhile. It's pretty straight forward and they worked with me to fit my budget. There is there's good management there, speaking with the agent and their supervisor. And I really want to commend their behavior, their attentiveness to helping me out and restructuring my financing. I would like to commend Mr B and Ms D for working with me

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jonathan. Communication is key with our customers, Thank you for that feedback. We are glad we were able to assist.

Richard Gomez Visalia, CA

The process was seamless and quick. It was actually an enjoyable experience because I felt that I was being taken care of by a rep who was thoughtful and caring.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Richard! Thank you for the 5 star review.

Daniel Las Vegas, NV

Jessica is awesome! I had the best experience with refinancing my car loan. She was very thorough, prompt and understanding throughout the whole process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Daniel. So glad you had a great experience. We will let Jessica know of your kind words.

Jason Cornelison Albany, OR

Process took much longer than expected, After almost 2 months I finally got my refinancing done. Had to make an extra payment on original loan that was ultimately refunded to me in the end. Process was very lengthy and slow.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jason. We apologize for not meeting your expectations time wise. Occasionally lenders run behind and can cause things to move a bit slower. This is not the norm. We do appreciate your feedback.

Felipe Charlotte, NC

Quick funding, when I applied they ask me for a lot of documents but it was worth it at the end I'm saving 80 dollars a month, may not sound a lot but it makes the difference

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great news Felipe. So glad we were able to get you a lower payment. Every bit helps.

Mike Palm Desert, CA

Autopay dramatically reduced my interest rate on my auto loan.Watch out for some of the dealers that give you a near credit card interest rate.Autopay really helped me out with this exact scenario.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for that stellar review Mike! It was our pleasure.

Keith

My case is very special because I'm on deployment, my representative kept me updated, she was very kind and patient on getting everything I needed, she was very informative, kept me updated on the process and pushed everything up in a professional manner.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Keith for choosing AUTOPAY!

Ashley

An overall great experience. It was fast approval. I was still able to keep the same length remaining payments that I have so it's not like I was starting completely over. They were always communicating with me. Any information that may seem pertinent, they would always reach out and I also could text them, which was a plus. Fast and easy.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Ashley, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Nickolas

Very happy with the service. The best rate that I was offered compared to other companies that reached out to me. I worked with Dallas, he was great. He kept me updated, he would text me or call me whenever there were any changes that I needed to be aware of. He did a great job. It is a pretty easy process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for your feedback Nickolas. We will share your review with Dallas as well. Thanks again!!

Derek

They were very accommodating for me since I wasn't at home with my car when we're doing the deal. I'm out of state working and we were still able to get everything done. Easy to deal with and understandable. Pretty quick responses, I didn't have to wait long for a representative.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Derek. Making this process as easy as possible for our customers is very important. Glad we were able to help you out.

Charles

All the customer support people help me, they called me back and put me through the steps and made sure I got everything done again. John was very courteous and he got back in touch with me, even let me text message to help me and everything like that. He was right there for me when I needed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great the hear Charles. Thank you for terrific feedback!

TGautier Faison, NC

They stayed in contact through the whole process. Not only did they refinance 1 vehicle but 2. Both accounts were paid out in less than 10 days. This process was smoother than sitting down at a dealership buying a car.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We appreciate your review so much and are so glad we got your whole household helped!

Earl

They were very helpful. They answer all my questions and anything that I had a problem with, they gave me plenty of time to get the information that I needed to acquire the loan.

Thank you for your feedback Earl! We appreciate your business! Cheers, AUTOPAY

Devin

Very transparent. It's definitely worth it. It was a great experience, they really treated me well and answered any questions I had. Always return my calls. Were really easy to work with.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for your feedback, Devin. We appreciate your business! Cheers, AUTOPAY

Carly

My contact person made himself available anytime I had a question or needed something explained. There was no problem, he was able to take care of it all. It was very good. A pretty quick process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Carly, for choosing AUTOPAY!

Miguel

My representative was very thorough, he explained everything right away. It was my understanding there and he explained the process and if there was any delays he was honest and in constant communication, so that's good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Miguel. So glad you had a great experience with us.

Jonathan

Great customer service and all around enjoybale experience. We were having a little bit of issues with the company we had before and we were looking for something new and helpful. With AutoPay, it was an almost better deal than what we had going on.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the positive feedback Jonathan! Cheers, AUTOPAY!

Aug. 30th, 2022

Candita

Rachel was constantly contacting us when we needed to speak to her and if we need anything I could text her and she got it done and she was great to deal with. It's a lot better rate and interest than what we had with Capital One.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Rachel will be thrilled to hear your kind words Candita. Thank you for being an Autopay customer.

Aug. 23rd, 2022

Kurtis Loveland, CO

It was really convenient to work with AutoPay. My loan processor, Haley, made me feel extremely comfortable about the process. It was incredible the way that she took care of all the details that needed to be taken care of. I found AutoPay’s pricing to be extremely competitive with the other companies.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Kurtis! I will pass along the compliment to Haley. That is exactly the way we want our customers to feel.

Aug. 23rd, 2022

Denise Jacob New Baltimore, MI

They have great customer service.Desiree was very easy to deal with.Not at all high pressure but understanding. I would work with her again.

Reply from AUTOPAY

So glad Desiree was able to help you Denise. We will be here when you need us again. Thank you.

KIMBERLY BLACK Tyler, TX

super friendly and helpful. loved working with George he was super responsive and kind. Never missed a beat even when he went on vacation.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great review Kimberly. Glad we were there for you. I will pass along your kind words to George.

Shannon Ross Franklinville, NY

They were friendly and helpful.. helped with any questions I had they reduced my payment and saved me a lot in interest.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Shannon! We love happy customers.

Jason Reis Fostoria, OH

I was talked in to a warranty contract that I didn't need and now have to go through canceling it on my own and then stuck with the higher payment and interest of it being applied to my loan when the warranty that I already had was way better and already included

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the feedback Jason. I will be reaching out to you in hopes of getting a better understanding of this.

Lance Busch Grand Prairie, TX

Process was not thoroughly explained and took way too long. Extended warranty was thrown in just to get extra money from me. It doesn't benefit me or my vehicle. Warranty is setup so they avoid any liability and offer minimum coverage. I was never given the option to confirm or deny the warranty. I could have had a lower payment now I'm stuck with something that doesn't benefit me. I'd have rather paid more for better protection instead of the bare minimum, but you expect me to stay on top of vehicle maintenance and keep documentation?

Reply from AUTOPAY

Lance, we would like to let you know that the vehicle service contract is cancellable, if you don't want the service please give us a call and we will get that taken care of for you.

Ethan

Payton F. was the best customer service representative I've ever dealt with in my life. I recommended him to 4 other people who wanted to refinance any vehicles.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Ethan, it is our pleasure to hear your valuable feedback. Thank you for have recommended us!

Marcos

Your website is very easy to follow and I got in touch with someone pretty much immediately so that helps a lot. My first auto loan was at 19% and it got down to less than 11% so I'm very grateful for that.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Marcos, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Isaac

Autopay was very attentive to my needs and understanding and helped out a lot. They answered all my questions I ever had, and checked with me periodically.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Isaac, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. Cheers!

Gloria

I was looking for a lower rate than I was paying and they did that for me. The representative was very patient, helpful, courteous, and answered all my questions.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Gloria, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Sep. 1st, 2022

Terms are alright, I wish I had a better rate. The woman I talked to was very personable and she helped me out a lot. Every time I called her she got back with me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you! We appreciate you sharing!

Jose

The representative that I spoke with, Patrick Kennedy, I think was just amazing. He gave us amazing customer care and and everything was real simple for us.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Jose. We will let Patrick know you were pleased. Thank you for leaving us great feedback.

Frederick

You guys were very knowledgeable and helpful every time I call. The agent that helped me get my loan went up and beyond to make sure she found me a better loan for my vehicle. Your rates are very good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Frederick. We love to hear happy customers. So glad we met your expectations.

Aug. 31st, 2022

Kimberly

Dallas was able to answer all of my questions. He was very professional and just all around very helpful. The terms were acceptable, work easily with my situation and the rates were pretty good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Kimberly, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Aug. 30th, 2022

Briana Odaniel Yuba City, CA

Stephen G was absolutely incredible and such a please to work with. He went above and beyond for me and really worked hard to make sure all questions were answered and that we were thorough in dealing with my ex and getting paperwork signed to change my title for my vehicle. I am extremely grateful for Stephen and really appreciate all he did!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Briana, Thank you! We appreciate you sharing and will pass along feedback!

Jul. 7th, 2022

Miriah

I tried several other different credit institutions for a loan for my vehicle and I finally received a call back from Autopay saying that they would be able to process my application and I was finally able to find someone who would work with me and that was really great. My credit officer that was working with me was incredibly nice and incredibly helpful throughout the whole process. I had a little bit of unique situation where I was having to do a private purchase from my previous cosigner and my loan officer just really went above and beyond and out of his way to make sure that I was able to get everything that I needed, he made extra phone calls to this other person that was involved and just really took a lot of the stress off me. I can't say enough nice things about about him and the way that he handled this whole process it was super super helpful for me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Miriah for choosing AUTOPAY!

May. 31st, 2022

Jennifer Jones Chicago, IL

Rachel was very attentive to making sure I understood the process while working with me step by step.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great news Jennifer. Rachel is great to work with. We will pass along the kind words.

Lisa Panama City Beach, FL

Justin was so nice. He made sure I had all the info I needed and the best rate possible. Thanks Justin!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Lisa. Glad Justin was able to help. I will pass along the kind words.

Paul Garza San Antonio, TX

They Tanisha was extremely helpful and walked me through spelling it out all the way I am extremely greatful I picked autopay as my choice.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Paul, we are so happy you chose us as well!

Tarsha L. TILLIS Jonesboro, GA

I did exactly what I need them to due even when my deal was over with in I still no more info they were still there to assist me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Tarsha, we try to support you during the entire process above and beyond!

Chastina Teresa Mendibles Tucson, AZ

I have never received any information on how to pay my new car payment or how to up my login to do so online. Also, I have still received calls from my previous lender so I feel the communication was off.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Chastina, I personally sent you an email on 08/08/2022 with phone numbers and links for Arapahoe Credit Union as well as my direct contact information. I also see that your Loan Specialist has been in contact with you about the payoff, if there is anything more we can do to assist please let me know! Have a wonderful day!

Mona

They gave me a great Interest rate. The representative that I had, his name was Justin, he made the process very easy for me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Mona. Thank you for the feedback. We will let Justin know you were pleased.

Brittny

The guy Matt, was super helpful and it was convenient to do everything over texting. I don't always have time to be on the phone with people forever so that was nice.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the feedback Brittny. We will pass along your kind words to Matt.

Aug. 31st, 2022