AUTOPAY

9.9

LAST UPDATED: September 13th, 2021

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

View Best Auto Refinance Companies

bookmark

Featured Review

Linard B Feaster Richmond, TX

Auto Pay was able to approve me in minutes. I am very pleased with my lower interest rate and the money saved. It was a quick and easy process for a refinance. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from AUTOPAY

What great feedback! Thank you, Linard!

Jul. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Angel North Las Vegas, NV

Zero issues, great customer service, easy step by step process. Patience is a great deal when it comes to working with people and they have it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Angel! We are glad you had such a great experience, thank you!

Jul. 30th, 2021

Colette Mesa, AZ

Refinanced my car, was a quick and easy 2 week process. The loan specialist walked me through everything and made sure all of my questions were answered thoroughly. Never had to wait on hold or anything like that. I could just contact the loan specialist directly and they'd respond immediately with any concerns I had. Would highly recommend Autopay !

Nenette Serrano Las Vegas, NV

The process took a bit longer than expected. Make sure to read the fine prints and numbers because I did have to sign the DocuSign at least 5-6 times due to an error on their end, but my loan assistant was nice enough to waive the doc fee when I asked. Other than that everything else was smooth.

Russell T Beaver Ware Shoals, SC

The Autopay Rep ( Dallas ) was very helpful in finding a lender to refinance my auto loan. He made the whole process go very smoothly and answered any and all questions I had.

Joseph Mayerhoff Monsey, NY

Everything seemed to go along fine. The process was easy and the representative I dealt with was very help and maintained communication with me throughout the process. To my surprise, although they lowered my rate by 12 percent, the balance due on my loan is now more than a thousand dollars higher than it was before. And I am not sure but I may have lost my extended warranty. I don't think I would have refinanced had I known. They did lower my monthly payment but extended the term of the loan.

Michael Glenn Indianapolis, IN

My rep was great. Very helpful. Had a few hiccups at the end of the process. Wrong amount sent for loan payoff resulting in 2 loans being open at the same time with new loan being due for payment. Tracking number was requested but not given for payoff check.

Tara Mayhew Tyrone, PA

The process was so incredibly easy! The team provided all of the documents I needed, answered all of my questions quickly and clearly, and literally made this the easiest refinance I’ve ever done.

Charles Brackett Alcoa, TN

Quick and efficient at finding me a new lender to refinance my car loan with at half the APR I was previously paying. Great customer service with them and constant communication with the agent assigned to me to answer all my questions and send the needed documentation.

Paul Rania Hollister, CA

Good company at finding you loans, but once they think they did enough, they treat you like an old pair of shoes and throw you to the side real fast. No follow up once you sign new contract. Or at least the guy that helped me.

Tabitha Toledo Charlton, MA

Everyone who helped us refinance was very helpful. They allowed us time to gather all important documents they needed and made it very convenient to send them.

JayLynn Scott South Bend, IN

Took over 2 months for whole refinance to actually be completed. It is supposed to take less than 30 days, so because it was over 30 days my credit score had to be run twice, which made it lower. I was left for weeks without any responses or news concerning my refinance. I did ultimately get a lower monthly payment and interest rate for my car though, which is all I wanted.

Karen E. Edmond Buffalo, NY

There was always clear and consistent communication. I understood the expectations of the lender. Also, apprised of any changes which required my attention.

Jaime Benner Clemons Rodman, NY

They did get me an amazing interest rate on both of my vehicles, but they paid them off late causing my previous lenders to report to my credit. They also sent checks incorrectly and had a payment on one vehicle be returned. I have had to stay on top of them the whole time, and near the end felt like I was only allowed to deal with one person, who consistently cold shouldered me. The charge a fee of $449 per loan, so I paid them $898 to refinance both vehicles and at this point I feel like a chunk of that should be paid back to me for the time I have had to invest.

Benjamin D Washburn Las Vegas, NV

Very nice agents, easy process. Only thing was I was told I would have 60 days before first payment and did not get that I had a payment due within 30 days. More accuracy would be helpful for customers.

Michael Perdue Houston, TX

Laquinton assisted me in putting all my loan paperwork in order. He was very helpful and walked me through the process step by step. Overall, Excellent customer service

Justin Rome, GA

They were able to easily explain the process to me and were very patient with any questions I had. The only critique I have is that I fell the process could have been shorter.

Theresa Lingenfelter Mason, MI

My loan was quick to go through an easy enough to process but the follow up information is definitely lacking I have no idea how to pay my loan when my loan is due if there is an app available to pay my loan I'm still trying to figure that out

Earl Hatter Nicholasville, KY

Ryan R. would be a person I would call every time due to his personality, personable nature, and down right cool demeanor. I've never had a transaction with any loan company go how this went.

Nicki Marshall West Sacramento, CA

The process was easy and quick. My loan representative, Austin K, was professional, friendly and efficient. He always responded very quickly to all my questions and concerns.

Jessica Higdon Browns Summit, NC

The service you offer is great and for the most part the speed at which the process happens was great. At first the rep I would with was awesome. After the deal was agreed upon the customer service I received in regards to my application and loan timeline was horrendous. The rep became rude and condescending.

Juan Rivera Jr. Magnolia, DE

Autopay responsive to inquiries and questions. Great experience with the process, very informative with updates and the status of loan. Easy to reach for any questions or concerns. Autopay is model for great customer service, I would highly recommend to anyone and would do business again in the future.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Amazing to hear! Thank you, Juan, we really appreciate your recommendation! Thank you for working with us here at AUTOPAY!

Jul. 17th, 2021

Roscoe Waukee, IA

The process overall was pretty seamless. I didn't like that there was an additional warranty placed in the contract when my car isn't a year old. I also didn't like being charged a processing fee without someone speaking to me about it. It felt like because I declined the additional warranty and GAP coverage I was charged a processing fee instead.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Roscoe, We thank you for your feedback and would love to address your concerns regarding any additional coverages on your contract. If you wish to discuss these, you may call us at 844-290-5731 and we would be happy to help find a solution for you.

Anonymous Petersburg, VA

At first I was skeptical because there is another company with the same name. However, my agent was very knowledgeable to let my know how this Autopay company operates. If you do what is required of you the process is efficient and effective. Thank you Autopay!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Sorry for any confusion! Thank you for your feedback.

Aug. 2nd, 2021

Jennifer Murfreesboro, TN

Easy process, nice customer service. Communication could be better. I was asked by 2 different agents for documents that I already submitted and needed to submit twice. I am still unclear about the current payment that was drafted from my previous loan. I was hoping to have everything completed before the draft hit bit it wasn't. I have had to follow up in order to check status of the process. I feel like if I hadn't followed up, it would still be processing.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jennifer, thank you for sharing your experience. At AUTOPAY we strive for an excellent experience and apologize for falling short. We would be delighted to help clear up any remaining confusion. Please call us at 844-290-5731 when you are ready.

Carmen Gonzales San Antonio, TX

The young lady, Karri, was being helpful. She explained how each step worked I was able to connect with over the phone without any issues.. She even connected with my wife to get her part of the paperwork completed. Awesome young lady!!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic Carmen! Thank you for the great feedback with Karri! Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY!

Jul. 16th, 2021

Gerald Glenn Fort Worth, TX

AutoPay, and in particular "Michael H" provided OUTSTANDING service! They made my SUV purchase easy, simple and fast, while utilizing highly secure technologies which protected my data and transactions. I could easily reach Michael by phone for questions or follow-up. Most exciting was the highly competitive Re-FI rates he provided to me. They easily beat my former lender rate and service. I could not ask for a better experience and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AUTOPAY!!! Great Job Autopay & Michael H!!!!

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is outstanding to hear! Cheers!

Jun. 15th, 2021

Shawn Miller Auburn, WA

I applied at a few different places for my refinance, 3 of them responded back. The first two asked for information and gave promise that seemed way to good to be true. Turns out they were lying. Autopay was transparent and kept in contact through the process. They cut my rate from 20% all the way down to 9.5%. They were professional and courteous the whole time.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Shawn, thank you for your detailed review! We appreciate your business. Cheers, AUTOPAY!

David Corpus Christi, TX

Well all questions were answered in a reasonable time frame. I am literally 1,000 miles from my home and wife and we were able to ship documents from Texas to Illinois share needed documentation and photos and other information through text, email, USPS and phone calls and get this done in a 2-3 week period. I started saving on my interest towards my truck.

Reply from AUTOPAY

David, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Jasmine meeder Clarksville, TN

Great customer service. Michael stayed working with me throughout the whole process!

Monica Mbua Sterling Heights, MI

They are very thorough with explaining the process and get back to you in a timely manner.

Adriane Sanchez Austin, TX

Everyone I spoke to were very helpful and really explained the process very clearly that it made it simple to understand.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Adriane, Thank you for sharing your experience with AUTOPAY!

Sep. 1st, 2021

K. Smith Atlanta, GA

Very efficient and professional. Since refinancing the staff have contacted me too see how my transition to Autopay has been

Latisha Turner Great Falls, MT

Working with autopay was fast and easy. They walked me through every step to make the whole process easy to understand.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Thank you Latisha for sharing your experience with AUTOPAY!

Sep. 1st, 2021

Brittany McCormick Upper Marlboro, MD

Had a few minor issues with paperwork (on both sides) and had a hard time getting my questions answered after the paperwork was done. Other than that everything was just fine

Daniel Halfacre Verdigris, OK

They were professional and helped me with my first finance. They talked to me through every step of the process and would recommend them.

Susanne. Jefferson Fort Wayne, IN

Left hand didn't know what the right hans was doing, so to speak. Luther and Christine were pleasant enough but each had a different version of how the process worked and then it was a different way than what either said. Confusing, frustrating and disorganized.

Anastasia Nava-Montoya San Jose, CA

The process was pretty straightforward but the communication was a little difficult i was constantly playing phone tag or getting very vague replies.

Lyndsey Friedens, PA

Experience was good my only complaint would be be playing phone tag with my my loan agent. It got to the point it was easier to text him rather than call call because he'd not return my call right away

Paul Goldbeck Hyattsville, MD

Autopay was accurate, timely, truthful and friendly and accommodating. They took care to ensure that I knew everything every step of the way. There were NO surprises!

LOrena Johnson Jefferson, NH

Jacob was excellent in his abilities to find me a very good interest rate and reduction in my monthly payment. He was very professional, friendly, and very efficient.

Maria Obaldo Campbell, CA

My Loan Specialist Eddie A was helpful in the process of refinancing my car. Easy to work with and fast at responding. Thanks to him i was able to refinance my Toyota CHR.

David Sharp New Port Richey, FL

Autopay wa quick & simple proceedure to improve my financial situation during the covid stress. my request for re-financing was handled quickly & VERY EFFICIANTLY, all by Phone.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you, David! We appreciate your business! Thank you for working with us.

Jul. 15th, 2021

Aron Lewis Medway, OH

Fast and easy to work with the only down fall was I wanted a shorter loan and couldn't get a response out of anyone for that but still very happy with where I landed and my payment.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Aron, We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback!

Aug. 2nd, 2021

Alan J Roukey Northampton, MA

They took their sweet time submitting the application to my old finance company. The old finance company took my bill out for the month. I did not budget the extra expense, so a whole bunch of other bills did not have the funds. My bank the charged me $500 in overdraft fees.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Alan, We apologize for the delay and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to address your concerns about your loan and what occurred. If you could please give us a call when you are ready at 844-290-5731 we will be more than happy to assist you to make sure everything is in order for you.

Raymond Campbell Pinellas Park, FL

This company is amazing! They handled every aspect of my loan processing quickly and accurately. My loan processor Leah E was absolutely the best and treated me with respect and gave me her total attention. She always responded to any questions I had immediately. I could not have had a better representative. Thank you Autopay

Reply from AUTOPAY

Raymond! This is great feedback, we will be sure to pass this along! Thank you!

Jun. 15th, 2021

Alexander Law Ellensburg, WA

Got my interest rate incredibly lower and monthly payments to something I could afford every month. Super please would have given 5 stars if my sales associate would ask for documents in one go, would not always seemed rush and cut off our phone calls/also with my car insurance agent and follow up with me instead of someone else about final approval and status

Reply from AUTOPAY

Alexander, Thank you for taking the time to leave us our review. We value all feedback and will take yours and use it for training!

Sherry L Chedsey Denver, CO

Ari, helped us every step of the way. We have never refinanced anything before. To us it was very confusing however our agent helped us through the entire process. We were treated with respect and good customer service was given at all times.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Ari, Thank you for your business! We are working to make refinances easy for our customers! Thank for choosing AUTOPAY!

Scott Bernier Watertown, MA

Great customer service this company got me a excellent rate after I went to AAA and they were not able to reduce my rate so for that I am very grateful for their help in this process and for all of the help and support for getting me a lower rate

Reply from AUTOPAY

Scott, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Bethany Wellington, CO

Easy process, excellent rates, overall process was stress free which is greatly appreciated in this military family