AUTOPAY

9.2

LAST UPDATED: January 14th, 2022

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

bookmark

Featured Review

Linard B Feaster Richmond, TX

Auto Pay was able to approve me in minutes. I am very pleased with my lower interest rate and the money saved. It was a quick and easy process for a refinance. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from AUTOPAY

What great feedback! Thank you, Linard!

Jul. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Angel North Las Vegas, NV

Zero issues, great customer service, easy step by step process. Patience is a great deal when it comes to working with people and they have it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Angel! We are glad you had such a great experience, thank you!

Jul. 30th, 2021

Christopher A Banks Fishers, IN

Fast and easy refinance with a staff that offers great customer service. They take most of the work in the background making it painless to the customer. Noninvasive communication with you the customer via text messages, so you are not inconvenienced at work or your personal time. Great value for your money and great quality of service that lets you rest at ease during your loan agreement. Thank you Autopay for making a loan the way a loan should be handled and setting the bar high for everyone else out there. Giving the service that a consumer deserves and realizing that the customer is what pays your paychecks and making them your priority first.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for leaving such a thoughtful review, Christopher! This is absolutely wonderful to hear. Thank you again for choosing AUTOPAY, and just reach out if we can help with anything at all!

Dec. 10th, 2021

Rick schock Kokomo, IN

They were able to get me financed when even my credit union told me no...it's not a real fast process, and you have to be patient since they are really busy...and I can see why. I am currently having them refinance another vehicle since I was so impressed with the deal they got me the first time...

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review, Rick! I'm sorry the process couldn't be a little faster, but I'm thrilled to hear that we've gotten your recommendation and repeat business. Thank again for refinancing with AUTOPAY!

Tasha Martin Tempe, AZ

Working with Autopay was easy and smooth. They kept in contact with me throughout the refinance. It was extremely fast which was a good pace for me. However, they were willing to assist me when I was ready and not on their terms. Client first Moro. Amazing company to work with!!!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Tasha, I'm so happy to hear that everything went so well! Thank you for refinancing with AUTOPAY, and please just let us know if we can be of any other help.

Edward Garland, TX

Honestly I was trying to just lower my apr percentage it was sky high at a 24.3 because I was a first time buyer not a lot of credit history so I waited for a year and really couldn't find the options I was looking for I actually applied before but was getting rejected an employee told me to just give it time I had a great score I just needed more time to add to history of credit and I did that and was accepted so thank you to him!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear we were able to help you save! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Taralyn Portland, OR

Tim was great! He went over terms clearly. He suggested I cancel all unnecessary warranties and insurance. He communicated very well. Overall, it was a good experience refinancing over text and email

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Leila for choosing AUTOPAY!

Tonya Ronnebaum Charlevoix, MI

Some of the instructions were misleading. The outcome was positive. My car was refinanced at a lower rate. However the payoff information was misleading. We still had to make an extra payment because neither Autopay nor Ally Financial could tell me information on the pay off. It was the new lender that gave us the information.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Tonya, thanks for leaving this review! I'm glad we could speak and get this resolved; so sorry about the confusion with the payoff! If you have any questions, please give us a call at 844-290-5731.

Kathryn Yuhl Indianapolis, IN

Customer Review Video

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for the review, Kathryn, and for refinancing with AUTOPAY! We're thrilled to get your recommendation.

Victoria Phillips Fort Worth, TX

I received a solicitation from autopay unexpectedly and thought at first that it was a scam. I did some research a s found they were a reputable company. My experience was great! I even referred a friend, who refinanced 2 cars. The disappointing part was that I was told there was a referral bonus or incentive foe referring a friend, and it's been over 6 months now and haven't heard a peep about the referral bonus.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Victoria, and thank you so much for referring our company to a friend! This is the highest compliment we can ask for. We'd be happy to assist you in getting your bonus; please just give our customer success team a call so we can get it started. Our number is 844-290-5731 and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Jan. 15th, 2022

Caresse Davis Albuquerque, NM

I had great experience with finding a low payment auto loan within a short amount of time. My agent was very helpful with out process and was able to find the best rates.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your experience, !

Jeremy Clinton Shawnee Mission, KS

I was promised soft inquiries until a lender chose me and then it would be a hard inquiry by them. I have two hard inquiries. I even called your tool fee number to confirm that it would ne soft until the lender picked me. Luther also gave me muddled information on that happening and too

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Jeremy, we must conduct a hard pull to secure a loan for you, so I'm very sorry if you were told something different. Since we take issues like this very seriously, do you mind giving us a call so we can look into this further? Our phone number is 844-290-5731.

William Bonilla Fremont, CA

I am very grateful to Mr. Romel G he was the one who helped me AND he was very patient and was able to have the refinancing in my truck he is a great worker

Reply from AUTOPAY

We'll make sure to let Romel know he's doing a great job, William! I'm so glad he was able to get you a great deal on your refinance.

Dec. 10th, 2021

Stacy Hagerstown, MD

Fast easy process!! My loan specialist worked with me, calls, texts and emails to ensure I did everything properly. Everything was complete within a week.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear, Stacy! Thank you for your business.

Deborah Dallas, GA

It was just a great experience. Ryan my Rep was on point. Always replied to my text regarding the lender and where we stood in the process. He was just great to work with.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Deborah! We'll make sure to pass this along to Ryan for you.

Michael J Rivera-Pere Rochester, NY

I like the fact that approval was easy, but it was not fast and lack of answering, communication is ok, but answering to a customer when in need is crucial, and not keep them waiting for days or not returning calls.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about this experience, and our customer success team would love to look into this. Please give us a call when you can so we can see what went wrong. Our number is 844-290-5731, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Ronald Davis Douglasville, GA

Very professional and prompt, Karen was a delightful person when we spoke.....she was very straight forward and honest, what she said was what happened.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the awesome feedback, Ronald! We're so glad to hear that we were able to be of help. Thank you again for choosing AUTOPAY!

Karen Chestertown, MD

The last rep that help process my loan was tops, it's the first rep that puts the vice on my rating. He was lazy, arrogant, and not dedicated to the task, in addition to being rude. Had it not been for the Mgr passing me on to another the entire 3 week process would have been a disaster. I'm sorry it has an adverse effect on my rating, but I cannot overlook that horrible experience. He should be fired. Had he been my rating would be 5 stars

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about this poor experience, but glad we were able to find a solution. If you'd like to discuss this more, our customer success team would love to hear from you. Please give us a call at 844-290-5731. We hope to hear from you!

Robin Dupuis West Brookfield, MA

They made the process very easy and explained everything well. They found the best fit for my auto refinance that lowered my interest rate and payment while also including a extended warranty.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Robin, thank you for the incredible feedback! Stories like this are what keep us going. Thanks for choosing AUTOPAY!

Barnett Shelly Groveland, FL

Daniel was very helpful. He made sure that I filled out the paperwork correctly and he was never more than a text away! Any questions I had were answered he was extremely helpful

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the positive feedback Barnett! Cheers, AUTOPAY!

SHARON HUGHES Fenton, MO

Great Customer service, easy to work with. Got an excellent refinance on my car loan with the help of Jackson A, Alyssia S and Carmen R these three people we professional, polite and had excellent customer service. Great Company to work with.

Sidney Cook Indianapolis, IN

Easy/fast/great customer service. I worked with Dallas to get my car loan refinanced! He was extremely helpful, and answer any questions I had about the process and new terms. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for an easy/fast/understandable process.

Dana Harding Columbus, OH

I was kinda scared of this online things , however this one was on my CK report. I got a personal Rep who gave me a cell # to contact him directly. He was quick to getting back to me through text.I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear, We will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

Bradly Montgomery, TX

My representative was very helpful and patient in helping me with my refinance. I read a tape measure for a living so things like this are tough for me to understand. Took a little bit but with her patience and understanding I was able to successfully refinance my truck

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY! We appreciate your business!

Lisa Tolliver Fairdale, WV

Top rate customer service that is lightning fast! What could be better? They take care of all the work. I filled out an online form, next thing I know, I'm getting a text from Tanya, telling me my loan has been approved and let's start getting paperwork together, getting all our ducks in a row. It was great.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic!, Thank you for sharing your experience with AUTOPAY!

Teresa riojas

I have not received any new information. Acceptance or denial of a new loan and cannot get the gentleman who helped me to respond. I'm sorry but I can't give a good review. I feel like I have been taken for a fool. üòî UPDATE: The guy was on honey moon. Life happens. Great company helped me greatly.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Teresa, I'm so sorry to hear about this experience. We want to make sure you're in the loop every step of the way, so if you still haven't received an update, or would like to share more of your experience, please reach out so we can get this sorted for you. Our customer success team can be reached at 844-290-5731.

Colette Mesa, AZ

Refinanced my car, was a quick and easy 2 week process. The loan specialist walked me through everything and made sure all of my questions were answered thoroughly. Never had to wait on hold or anything like that. I could just contact the loan specialist directly and they'd respond immediately with any concerns I had. Would highly recommend Autopay !

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Colette, Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sep. 24th, 2021

NANCY C HALL Gaithersburg, MD

Very easy to talk to, listen to what you are saying, handle transaction fast. With a good no problem attitude nsaction fast and are very polire

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is wonderful to hear, Nancy! Thank you for refinancing with AUTOPAY.

Dec. 23rd, 2021

George Kanapicki New Britain, CT

Jessica kept me on track, even when I was dealing with a lot medically, guiding me gently but effectively across the goal line.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic!, Thank you for sharing your experience!

Hubert Innis Pompano Beach, FL

Their have a representative named Noah D. He is exactly what the company needs in reference to amazing customer service.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business! Cheers, AUTOPAY

Jeromy Ford Memphis, TN

It was easy and fast. It was also convenient at the time being. I was really looking for a solution and Autopay was the best choice.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you,! We appreciate you sharing!

Robert Peterson Fairbanks, AK

Efficient and effective, job well done. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to refinance a vehicle.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for recommending us, Robert! This is the best compliment we can ask for.

Greg Hammond Jesup, GA

Went above & beyond to help was very impressed with customer service & overall. Cannot say enough good things about this company.

Reply from AUTOPAY

And we can't say enough good things about our customers, Greg! Thanks for choosing AUTOPAY.

Jerry Henson Doerun, GA

Super easy to apply and the loan specialist was really helpful. Autopay lowered my payment and cut my interest rate by 12 points.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is our favorite kind of review, Jerry! Thanks again for refinancing with AUTOPAY.

L Gueste Murrieta, CA

Quick and to the point from start to finish. I was very cautious and didn't believe the process but, it actually worked.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for your review, and for trusting AUTOPAY with your refinance!

kamonrot barry Jacksonville, FL

friendly staff, quick service!! even I have no ideas what to do with everything they're really helping me out appreciate that!!

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is so great to hear, Kamonrot! Thank you so much for refinancing with us.

Marti D Shuler Birmingham, AL

Customer service is awesome. Refinance was quick and easily completed online. I received an lower interest rate and lower case payment.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We really appreciate this review, Marti. Thank you so much for choosing AUTOPAY!

Dean J Smith Oshkosh, WI

Experience was good but overall time it took from applying to finally getting refinancing complete took almost a month to finish. I feel it could have been moved along at a faster pace.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Dean, thanks for your review! I'm sorry to hear that your loan took longer than normal, and we would love to look into this for you. If you would like, please give our customer success team a call at 844-290-5731.

Robert King Boston, MA

Courteous, follow through, speedy & communication was the best I have ever encountered with a company regarding something of this importance!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Robert, thank you so much for the kind review! We're glad to hear we could make a difference. Thanks for refinancing with AUTOPAY!

Genice Durham Fairburn, GA

The process was easy, simple, and the Rep handling my financing was always in touch to keep me up to date on the status of my loan/approval.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you,! We appreciate you sharing!

Bernard Henderson West Palm Beach, FL

There were times when I was left out of the loop for more than 72 hours and didn't know what the status of my application, I thought I'd have put everthing on hold and start from scratch. on

Reply from AUTOPAY

Bernard, I'm so sorry you felt left out of the loop! We aim to keep you updated 100% of the way, so we'd like to see what went wrong. Do you mind reaching out to our customer success team so we can look into this? We can be reached at 844-290-5731, and we hope to hear from you!

Gerald Bias Maitland, FL

Everything was fine. I would've like better communication at the end of the process, I was not told when my truck was paid off and the new Started Until I received communication from the new company via mail

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Gerald, Thank you for the feedback and how we can improve! We are working to create a smoother transition to the lender for all of our customers! Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY!

Kaitlyn B Irving, TX

Unexpected large fee for using autopay to find me a better interest rate. Loan amount increased 500-600$ plus another payment on my old loan. Also, website claims only a soft pull is required to present different loan offers. After an offer is chosen to apply for, a hard pull will be done. That was a lie. Two stars is because at least i got approved.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Kaitlyn, I'm so sorry to hear about this experience. We aim for a completely transparent process, and we make sure you're aware of both the credit pull and the document fee before they happen. If you weren't told, we want to know! Please give our customer success team a call at 844-290-5731 when you're able so we can research this further.

K Stirrup Porter, TX

My initial contact person was not very friendly or supportive of my specific situation. Working out that kink seemed to be a great deal for only issue I had was a charge of a couple thousand for obtaining a new loan that was never mentioned to me no huge deal but I would've like to know.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello K, We are sorry for this initial contact! That is not the way we like to introduce ourselves to our customers. We would like to research this surprising "charge of a couple thousand". Please call our customer success team at 844-290-5731 so we can investigate and get this corrected.

Doug Bergschneider Elgin, IL

Refinancing was easy and fast, got much better rates! On top of that, shortly after starting the contract, my car broke down, my car was covered under the warranty!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Ckr South Lyon, MI

They made the process easy and my customer representative kept me informed during the complete application process. He responded to all omy emails or texts promptly.

Thayer Philpot Gastonia, NC

The process was simple as 1.2.3 they was great from start to finish the guy I worked with was there with me from start to finish and he keep me informed on everything that was going on even if anything changed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Thayer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. This is the experience we strive for! Thank you for working with AUTOPAY!

Oct. 23rd, 2021

Jennifer berryfrazier Brightwood, VA

Very pleasent. They kept me up to date every step of the way. I would definitely use them again and recommend them. My personal agent was helpful and the way of contact made things easy and made for a good experience.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect, Thank you! Customers are first! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Anthony Jaramillo Chandler, AZ

I worked with Bryce S who was an absolutely pleasure to work with. He communicated and assisted me with every step of the way and I couldn't be more appreciative. Thanks for all you did/do Bryce!

Carrie fehlberg Jasper, IN

Because I was told by Simon that he would help with with what steps I need to do to cancel my extended warranty with my other bank since I have an extended warranty with you. He has been ingoring my emails. I work in customer service and that is NOT how you treat customers. Especially when you were told that you were going to help them later. If I would of know I was going to be treated that was I would of went with a different finance company.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost contact with your loan specialist; we'll be researching this and following up with them to make sure this doesn't happen again. If there's anything you need, or anything we can help with, please give us a call at 844-290-5731. Thank you for your review!