GEICO Auto Insurance Logo

GEICO Auto Insurance

Is This Your Business?

9.0

GEICO is one of the most well-known car insurance companies. It's known for its popular, humorous advertisements and for saving people money on auto insurance.

GEICO can help you save money by customizing your policy to what you need and qualifying for discounts. GEICO also helps you understand car insurance through helpful information on its website and its coverage calculator.

If you want to quickly see car insurance quotes and save money, GEICO is worth considering.

Read GEICO Reviews

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Online Coverage Calculator
  • Online Quotes
  • Customizable Policies
  • Competitive Discounts
  • Helpful Mobile App
  • Auto Repair Xpress® Program
  • Educational Information
  • Additional Insurance Products

Positive Reviews

Best Company has received a majority of positive GEICO car insurance reviews. Reviews reveal customer satisfaction with cost, customer service and claims.

Reviewers also appreciate the convenience of using GEICO's mobile app and website.

Online Coverage Calculator

GEICO has an online coverage calculator that can help you learn more about the kind of coverage you need. This calculator considers information like life events, the kind of coverage you want to add to your policy, and your vehicle ownership.

If you're just starting to look into car insurance, this calculator will help you figure out what kind of coverage you should include with your policy.

Online Quotes

GEICO also offers online quotes. These quotes help you quickly see insurance rates and can help you find savings on the auto insurance coverage you need.

You can also receive assistance from GEICO's local agents. They can answer your questions and help ensure that you get a policy that meets your needs.

Customizable Policies

GEICO allows you to customize your car insurance so that it covers everything you want in a policy. While you'll have the legally required coverage, you can also add coverage for emergency roadside services and rental car reimbursement.

Most states require car insurance policies to cover bodily injury, property damage, and uninsured motorists.

Other beneficial types of coverage are collision, comprehensive, medical, emergency roadside assistance, and rental car reimbursement. Comprehensive coverage offers protection for non-collision damage.

GEICO's coverage options mean that you can find an insurance product that meets your coverage and budget needs.

The ability to customize your policy allows you to purchase additional protection or save money depending on what you need.

Competitive Discounts

As a GEICO customer, you can save money on your car insurance rate with many different kinds of discounts:

• Good driver (5-year accident-free)
  • Multi-vehicle and multi-policy
  • Driver's education
  • Good student
  • Senior driver
  • Military
  • Federal employee
  • Student driver
  • Member and employee discounts (alumni organizations, etc.)
  • Car features (e.g. anti-lock brake system, air bags, daytime running lights)

With such a broad range of discounts offered, you'll find even more savings on your car insurance premiums.

Helpful Mobile App

GEICO makes managing your car insurance policy easy to do through the GEICO app. You can report claims through the GEICO mobile app, which makes the claims filing convenient.

Auto Repair Xpress® Program

If you've submitted a claim and your car needs repairs, you can use GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program. This program makes getting your car repaired easy. You'll drop off your vehicle and pick up a rental. The representative will keep you updated on the status of the repairs. Once the repairs are finished, you'll return the rental and pick up your car.

Educational Information

GEICO's website also has helpful educational information on car insurance. You can learn more about the coverage required in your state and what additional coverages you can add to your policy for more protection.

Additional Insurance Products

In addition to car insurance, you can purchase life insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, condo insurance, business insurance and more through GEICO.

If you're looking for a one-stop insurance shop, GEICO is a great option.

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Negative Reviews

Although GEICO auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are mostly positive, the car insurance company has also received a fair number of negative reviews.

The reviews include communication issues with customer service representatives. These communication issues lead to misunderstandings of coverage and billing issues.

Reviewers also complain of wait times to reach a representative. Others had issues with claims.

While GEICO has mostly positive reviews, it's important to consider these complaints before deciding to buy an auto insurance policy.

If you're concerned about these negative reviews, you can find another car insurance provider that has a lower proportion of negative reviews.

Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Before you can view quotes on car insurance, you need to provide your zip code and other personal information. This information includes your driver's license, address, and car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

If you're just in the research stages, you may not want to provide this information. However, an auto insurance provider will typically require this information to show realistic quotes on policies.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking to save money on car insurance, GEICO is worth researching further. You can save money by customizing your insurance policy and by qualifying for GEICO 's many discounts.

GEICO has primarily received positive reviews on BestCompany.com, which is promising.
However, it has a higher proportion of negative reviews compared to other auto insurers. Considering these reviews will help you make a good purchase decision.

With GEICO insurance, you can also benefit from a helpful mobile app that makes filing claims convenient. You can also have peace of mind when you're getting covered repairs by participating in GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program.

While you do have to provide personal information to view quotes, the savings and service offered by GEICO make it worth considering.

3.7

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

I've been a long time customer of GEICO in Northern Virginia, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I appreciate that I can handle all transactions on their website but have called them with specialized questions occasionally and have always found them friendly and very knowledgeable. I have used lower price companies but returned to GEICO for their service. In Portland they actually have a local office which I used to combine my auto and home policies.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

Been with Geico for over 10 years. Check my rate every year and Geico is consistently the best rate. Someone struck my parked car 2 years ago and took out the drivers side mirror, scratched the side up from the door forward and tore the front bumper off. Entered the photos thru the app, got a call immediately, a tow truck took it to a recommended facility and I went later to hear the bad news. Paid the deductible, and got my car back 4 days later, good as new. Customer Service is a bright spot. Any time I have called, I always got someone quickly and they didn't push too hard to sell me more. Their app is easy to use and never crashes. The website is really easy to navigate. Highly recommended.

Arden Lincoln, NE

Friendly, helpful staff and by far the best quote I received - a $200 difference, at least. I'm a grad student with an older, used car so if somebody hits me, it would cost more to repair than replace it. I only wanted the bare minimum injury coverage and take-care-of-the-other-guy policy (just enough that I don't get an incredibly expensive ticket if I get pulled over), and Geico made it easy and relatively cheap. I pay for my coverage in six month intervals - they give you a decent discount if you do that instead of every month - and it's really convenient to only have to remember twice a year. Now if only they had autopay, I'd be set! Oh, and there is a fairly generous student discount that I really appreciate, too.

badal jain San Jose, CA

I have been using Geico since 1+ years and it has provided me the best coverage in cheapest rate comparatively. Also, the customer service is pretty great! I called them a couple of times for jump start and they were almost immediate.

rosemary Ali Sicklerville, NJ

I had Geico car insurance for about 8years and add on my husband and others that were part of my household. They were great at taking my money until I was in a serious accident & they tried every tactic to not pay. It was very disheartening at the time, I had so much to worry about with my recovery, had no car, had to retain a lawyer & was constantly on the phone with customer service. It was a horrible experience & I ended up leaving to go to liberty mutual. I have been with them for years with no issue & when I was in a small rear ended accident they were accommodating & had no issue covering anything.

Jean Durbin Litchfield, IL

Switched to GEICO recently as they are one of the few companies that provide coverage for RV's to owners that live in them full time, travel & don't own a house at a permanent location. Switched our vehicles to them also to get a multi-policy discount and the premium rate is a bit lower than what we were paying before. I set it up on auto-draft so I wouldn't have to worry about it & they send out a reminder a few days before they draft the premium. I appreciate that I can have them draft from any of my accounts and can actually use different accounts for each policy if wanted. Great customer service whenever I contacted them. Friendly yet professional staff that resolves situations on the first call.

Jennifer Gardner Spring Grove, PA

I have had a wonderful experience the associates explained everything to me and what my payment will be each month and I also can have my ID cards sent to my phone

Carlie Sami Pensacola, FL

I've been with Geico for over five years, I have checked out other insurance companies a few times over the years to see if I could get lower prices with same benefits as Geico, but haven't found one that compares.

K.H. Tehachapi, CA

Love , love, love Geico! We have had Geico for at least 15 years, and I have never been happier with an insurance company. Geico’s rates are fantastic, their customer service is outstanding, and they are overall just fantastic as a company. Geico truly does have the best interest of their clients at the forefront. I couldn’t be happier with another insurance...EVER!!!

Steven Bucholtz Oakland, CA

I have been a GEICO customer for many years. I, unfortunately, have had to deal with them through several accidents. Their service and attention to detail is suberb! I love that you can get an appointment for an appraisal at the shop where repairs will be done and pick up a rental car at the same time. Yes, my rates have gone up because of accidents, but I have done a great deal of research looking for lower rates and have not found any that offer the same amount of coverage and excellent service.

Mhansenbc Tucson, AZ

We've used Geico for the past 20 years for auto insurance. They been great during three different accidents we were in. Its always stressful but they made it easy

Pazzo Miami Fort Lauderdale, FL

Been with them for about 5 years. I am happy, so far. Good road assistance program. Customer service is great. I got several quotes and they had the best price.

Pati Ogletree Phoenix, AZ

Geico has fantastic customer service. They make it easy to have all your info at your fingertips ! They can send you any info you need ASAP and its always refreshing to actually talk to a person. Great prices...Great service!

Rob Weekes Yuma, AZ

Geico is just the best insurance company for my auto and home insurance. I have been solicited by several other companies who thought they could get me better rates, but have never even been close to the value I still get with Geico.

JoAnna Di Sibio Brentwood, CA

GEICO Auto Insurance is the most economical choice I have found in all the searching I have done. They have had great customer service and we have both auto and home insurance with them along with an umbrella account. As a result I have no worries about being covered in any situation.

AndersonFive Greenwood, MS

I was a customer of Geico for over 15 years and loved every minute of it. I never had any problems when I needed emergency road side assistance. Even when I needed extra time to pay, Geico was very understanding and accommodating. My only problem with Geico, which caused me to go to a different company, was their not having their own homeowner's insurance policy. Geico worked with other companies to provide the homeowner's portion which did not meet my needs or provide the discount I expected as a long time customer.

Even Sax Alameda, CA

Pretty great, company. Consistently the cheapest option, customer service is always able to solve my problems and even an easy to navigate website. A rare case where expectations are beat for a traditionally unpleasant business sector.

Realtor in Central Florida Maitland, FL

I have been a GEICO customer for over 30 years and have never had any problems whatsoever with customer service or claims. They are very professional and always helpful and the value of the product and the piece of mind they bring to me and my family is a great feeling.

Taylor Lindholm Boston, MA

I left my previous (very expensive) insurance provider after I was recommended Geico by a coworker. Their auto insurance coverage is comparable to my previous coverage, but $100 cheaper a month! Savings alone, makes the swap worth it, but the customer service has been excellent as well.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

We just switched to GEICO last year after adding our teenage daughter to our policy. Everything was streamlined and online. The app is my favorite and so easy to use and we don't have to carry and card around with us anymore to prove coverage. We also just switched our homeowners insurance to GEICO as well. The little chameleon was telling the truth all along!!

Theresa Clark Lansing, IL

Excellent service. I’ve been with Geico for the last few years. I’m a woman and not very handy. One Sunday morning when I was about to leave for Church, I realized that I had a flat tire. I called Geico and the guy was at my house within 30 minutes. I’ve had to file claims and have repairs made to my car which was handled flawlessly by Geico. Great people, service and company. I’m with Geico for life.

A. L. Lee, MA

I know I'm going to sound like a commercial but I can't believe I'm saving as much as I am with Geico. When I switched from my other insurance providers to this one I had three cars. I began saving $1,000 a year. When we bought another car and added that car we actually saved another $200 and it lowered my payments. I never thought adding a car would actually lower the payments but they did. My previous provider wouldn't even look into savings. Win win!

Rebecca Adams Hope, ME

Geico insurance is always helpful in my insurance needs. They help with adding a driver, adding a car. They even answered all of my questions about whether I was covered with renting a moving box truck and whether I needed to add any add on's. Only one. Because my policy already covered everything. Super friendly too and I can understand everything that is explained to me because they take the time to make sure I do. Thank you Geico.

Dona Mazza Roslindale, MA

Both my husband and I have been loyal customers for over 10 years. Today I realized WHY we never strayed away from them. I had some questions and concerns about transferring my plates to a new vehicle and spoke with Karla G. from Braintree Mass. She explained she was new on board with the company but I would of never known that because she was so personable yet still professional. She was able to take care of my new upcoming vehicle transfer of plates and help me with another matter that I couldn't do myself online. Just wanted to give her a "SHOUT OUT" and say THANK YOU and GREAT JOB! Dona Mazza

C.L.A.P LLC ,

The minute Brandi H. called me, my mind was immediately put at ease. My life within the last three months has  been flipped upside down. If I can be honest I thought ending my life was the best resolution for me and my family. Wrecking my vehicle just added to my miserable life. Brandi called me; she told me she was the adjuster assigned to my claim. The moment Brandi called me everything just seemed like it was going to be okay. I do not do any reviews however; I have to because believe it or not Brandi saved my life. I reside with my baby sister, two weeks ago she wrecked her vehicle and Brandi was her adjuster. Brandi did an amazing job with my sister. Our water froze so going to get water was my task because I wasn’t going to allow my sister out of the house. Getting off the highway caused my vehicle to slide, I attempted to gain control due to the horrendous weather conditions to no avail, my attempt failed drastically. Everything happened so fast I can’t remember all details. I was stuck and no tow company would take my assignment. Sitting in the parking lot I was stuck, a good samaritan saw my car and took me home.  Brandi called me when I got home and she saved me. Brandi assured me she was going to get my car towed, Brandi told me not to worry. Every step Brandi took I knew every detail. Brandi was kind she was informative, no question I asked was considered stupid. My deductible is a 1000 dollars I don’t know how I am going to come up with the money however; I know a way will be made. Brandi your energetic spirit made me feel like I can make it. I ran from a domestic violent marriage every day is better. I know I have to fight for myself, Brandi thank you so much for you kindness and your positive energy.

Freda Williams Riverdale, GA

My name is Alfreda Williams, and I had the pleasure of having Mrs. Audrey of the McDonough Office, be my agent. Mrs. Audrey took her time and found the best price for me. She was very courteous, knowledgeable, and patient. She was able to answer all my questions. Mrs. Audrey made me feel like Geico was glad for me to be a client, instead of just getting my down-payment. I also spoke with her manager, Mr. Jerry, just to let him know how pleased, I was on receiving Outstanding service I recommend any family or friends, in the need of insurance, check out Geico the McDonough location. Mrs Audrey is your person.

Patricia Leto Levittown, NY

When I bought a new house, I signed up with Geico. Then when an agent came to my home, Geico cancelled my homeowner's policy because there was a tree near my roof, even though I had a home inspection that didn't state any issues with the tree. I signed up with Liberty Mutual, which had no problem with the tree. I also had Geico for my auto insurance. When I was at a red light one day, a car veered off the highway and hit my car. Geico forced me to go to one of their auto body companies, then replaced the damaged parts with after market parts without telling me.

Monica O. Folsom, CA

The rates are decent. Customer service is outstanding. I had a crack in my windshield and they fixed immediately. The fix actually didn't work and they had my entire windshield replaced super fast and with no deductible.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

ive been with GEICO for almost 30 years and have never experienced and distress. Very easy to work with, just keep them informed of any changes that may need to be done with policy

G Kerth Portland, OR

I can always reach a customer service agent to help me with questions. In the age of virtual agents, bots, or just FAQ's, it is really nice that they still believe in the customer experience. Additionally, GEICO works with me to get the best rates, the best discounts, and the best coverage

Janet F Price Patterson, LA

Geico cares about their clients. Customer service is wonderful they have lots of knowledge to what you need to know. When I got in an accident they weres there helping me in anything I need to know. I been with Geico over 13 years.

Carolann Stockdale Riverview, FL

Just transferred my auto insurance to Geico, what a great deal, increase liability and saved 80$ Gene was my representative, he guided me to a policy that fit my needs, He was so helpful, all my numerous questions were answered . He was patient with all my questions , I actually had been with my car insurance co. at least 20yrs so it I was comfortable making the decision today👍Also called his Supervisor Todd to make sure management knows how good he is 🤗🤗TY Gene for your hard work I so appreciated your effort

Sarah Ambrosek West Linn, OR

Each time I speak with a Rep, they’re always nice and attentive. Asking if I’m ok. Great approach when dealing with insurance companies.

Brenda Nakhon Sawan, 60

My family has used GEICO Auto Insurance for the past few years. We haven’t had any problems and the employees have always been courteous.

srikar velichety Southaven, MS

While it appears to be a bit more costly, their service is prompt. The customer service representatives are super nice and I had a hassle free claim process.

Shari Milledge Charlotte, NC

I have had auto insurance with Geico for over 15 years and have been quite satisfied with their services. I rated them a four because my rates have increased even though I have been driving less since COVID-19.

Rodney Lee Fort Worth, TX

I liked GEICO, especially when I lived in Florida. However, since moving to Texas I didn't like the agents I've interacted with and prices aren't great compared to Allstate, State Farm, etc.

Mike Grove Atlanta, GA

I had GEICO for several years. I had 3 accidents that WERE NOT my fault and they raised my premium through the roof. And no matter who I talked to or how much they agreed that the accidents were not my fault, they still would not budge on their price. Good riddance!

Gyspe Lee Tyler, TX

I geico was my 1st insurance company. Their prices were a little high but nothing out of this world. However I ended up getting T boned. By the age of 19 I had completely gone off my parents insurance and was paying on my own. When I was hit by the guy I quickly found out he didn't himself have insurance. As well as getting T boned by a truck going 85 miles an hour I was unable to get my story straight immediately. So we couldn't find out who is at fault. My frustration knowing the guy was a going to immediately go after me. I cancel my geico insurance immediately and offered to pay him out of pocket. Again the guide and of insurance himself. However even though I paid the guy out of pocket and agreed to settle this out of pocket. He so contact geico and instead of going after me they chose to go after my parents who've been with them for 25 plus years. Again I had nothing to do with their insurance but they still chose to up my parents insurance because in the past we had been associated. Mind you I was again 18 and no longer on their service and was in adult. Not to mention my "1st car accident". Was my friend opening her door onto another door at a smoke shop. There were the same dings on all the door handles. But being 18 and having a belligerent drunk scream at you that you just hit his expensive car you quickly give your insurance information. I had a good feeling that I hadn't done the damage like I said there were similar damage on all 4 door handles including that i qoute chipped the paint. So of course we sent it to geico I figured they would have sided with me saying I'm the one who pays. But of course they didn't they said they found remnants of my paint on his car which even in the pictures I have I can show there was none. They chose rent amount whatever car he wanted for the week and paints his entire car for 8 ding that was no bigger than my pinky nail. And of course the excited to charge it as a full car accident so I had to pay full price in my insurance as if I had hit somebody and was still Held over me by them and other insurance companies except my current one who laughed when I explain the story and immediately took it off. Geico doesn't care about the customers and will always side with the person that doesn't own the car insurance. I've heard from several people who had them that they've had the same experience they always sided with the opposing party. I want to surance company that will fight for me. I pay nearly over a $1000 I expect that honestly. So if you wanna company that will definitely pleased the party that you hit or might have hit you definitely go with they geico. If you want an insurance company that will if you want an insurance company that will charge your faimly that beacuse they were Affiliated with you go with geico. But over all have a beautiful day

Carrie Prince George, VA

I have been with this company for a very long time. They even covered my family when we were stationed in Germany. I wouldn't trade insurance companies for the world.

Debra Sims Chicago, IL

Geico is my insurance company and they are so awesome all of them. They are sooooo helpful. I had gap insurance and they handled all my paperwork when I had my accident.

Judy St. Petersburg, FL

I love Geico!!! The prices are great and so is the coverage! You get benefits for no accidents and they cover just about everything for a one stop shop!!

MamaWalnutz Memphis, TN

I shopped extensively for the best rates and coverage and found Geico fit the bill. Their customer service is excellent and the mobile app is SO easy to navigate

Jana Phoenix, AZ

I have been with Gieco for over 15 years, they go the extra mile. Always eager to help me and I have never been disappointed. Geico auto insurance is the best .

KP Queens, NY

I had GEICO for years. They were always there when I needed them and they were quick to cover anything that was covered. The customer service was good once you got through all the prompts.

Holly Neff Moorefield, WV

Absolutely the best auto insurance company I have ever had. Up front and honest gets you the best rate available. Customer service goes above and beyond.

Debra Jones Minneapolis, MN

I've been a customer with GEICO for about 16 years. I love their excellent, professional and convenient service and their insurance products that they offer.

sonia ann Brewton, AL

I love GEICO I had another ins company and GEICO lower my rate to half what the other company was at. Now I can afford to pay my bill every 6 months instead of monthly which is nice!

Pete Brown Mesa, AZ

I’ve always had a pretty good experience with Geico’s customer service and their sales to for that matter. I’ve called in several times to review the details of my coverage. Always very helpful.

Tinisha H. Somerset, NJ

My other insurance company dropped me without notice. I was able to get a quote from Geico that was much better than what I was paying with the other company. It also included more coverage.