GEICO Auto Insurance Logo

GEICO Auto Insurance

Is This Your Business?

9.0

LAST UPDATED: October 21st, 2021

GEICO is one of the most well-known car insurance companies. It's known for its popular, humorous advertisements and for saving people money on auto insurance.

GEICO can help you save money by customizing your policy to what you need and qualifying for discounts. GEICO also helps you understand car insurance through helpful information on its website and its coverage calculator.

If you want to quickly see car insurance quotes and save money, GEICO is worth considering.

Read GEICO Reviews

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Online Coverage Calculator
  • Online Quotes
  • Customizable Policies
  • Competitive Discounts
  • Helpful Mobile App
  • Auto Repair Xpress® Program
  • Educational Information
  • Additional Insurance Products

Positive Reviews

Best Company has received a majority of positive GEICO car insurance reviews. Reviews reveal customer satisfaction with cost, customer service and claims.

Reviewers also appreciate the convenience of using GEICO's mobile app and website.

Online Coverage Calculator

GEICO has an online coverage calculator that can help you learn more about the kind of coverage you need. This calculator considers information like life events, the kind of coverage you want to add to your policy, and your vehicle ownership.

If you're just starting to look into car insurance, this calculator will help you figure out what kind of coverage you should include with your policy.

Online Quotes

GEICO also offers online quotes. These quotes help you quickly see insurance rates and can help you find savings on the auto insurance coverage you need.

You can also receive assistance from GEICO's local agents. They can answer your questions and help ensure that you get a policy that meets your needs.

Customizable Policies

GEICO allows you to customize your car insurance so that it covers everything you want in a policy. While you'll have the legally required coverage, you can also add coverage for emergency roadside services and rental car reimbursement.

Most states require car insurance policies to cover bodily injury, property damage, and uninsured motorists.

Other beneficial types of coverage are collision, comprehensive, medical, emergency roadside assistance, and rental car reimbursement. Comprehensive coverage offers protection for non-collision damage.

GEICO's coverage options mean that you can find an insurance product that meets your coverage and budget needs.

The ability to customize your policy allows you to purchase additional protection or save money depending on what you need.

Competitive Discounts

As a GEICO customer, you can save money on your car insurance rate with many different kinds of discounts:

• Good driver (5-year accident-free)
  • Multi-vehicle and multi-policy
  • Driver's education
  • Good student
  • Senior driver
  • Military
  • Federal employee
  • Student driver
  • Member and employee discounts (alumni organizations, etc.)
  • Car features (e.g. anti-lock brake system, air bags, daytime running lights)

With such a broad range of discounts offered, you'll find even more savings on your car insurance premiums.

Helpful Mobile App

GEICO makes managing your car insurance policy easy to do through the GEICO app. You can report claims through the GEICO mobile app, which makes the claims filing convenient.

Auto Repair Xpress® Program

If you've submitted a claim and your car needs repairs, you can use GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program. This program makes getting your car repaired easy. You'll drop off your vehicle and pick up a rental. The representative will keep you updated on the status of the repairs. Once the repairs are finished, you'll return the rental and pick up your car.

Educational Information

GEICO's website also has helpful educational information on car insurance. You can learn more about the coverage required in your state and what additional coverages you can add to your policy for more protection.

Additional Insurance Products

In addition to car insurance, you can purchase life insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, condo insurance, business insurance and more through GEICO.

If you're looking for a one-stop insurance shop, GEICO is a great option.

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Negative Reviews

Although GEICO auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are mostly positive, the car insurance company has also received a fair number of negative reviews.

The reviews include communication issues with customer service representatives. These communication issues lead to misunderstandings of coverage and billing issues.

Reviewers also complain of wait times to reach a representative. Others had issues with claims.

While GEICO has mostly positive reviews, it's important to consider these complaints before deciding to buy an auto insurance policy.

If you're concerned about these negative reviews, you can find another car insurance provider that has a lower proportion of negative reviews.

Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Before you can view quotes on car insurance, you need to provide your zip code and other personal information. This information includes your driver's license, address, and car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

If you're just in the research stages, you may not want to provide this information. However, an auto insurance provider will typically require this information to show realistic quotes on policies.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking to save money on car insurance, GEICO is worth researching further. You can save money by customizing your insurance policy and by qualifying for GEICO 's many discounts.

GEICO has primarily received positive reviews on BestCompany.com, which is promising.
However, it has a higher proportion of negative reviews compared to other auto insurers. Considering these reviews will help you make a good purchase decision.

With GEICO insurance, you can also benefit from a helpful mobile app that makes filing claims convenient. You can also have peace of mind when you're getting covered repairs by participating in GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program.

While you do have to provide personal information to view quotes, the savings and service offered by GEICO make it worth considering.

3.7

Sambhav Jain Milpitas, CA

Best thing about Geico is their customer care, so quick and easy to reach. I had to reach out to them on 2 occasions, once for my windscreen glass and other for rear end collision. For windscreen glass the response was good but it took almost a month for the rear end collision to get resolved. The major delay is from the repair centre side but the I feel Geico agent also did not do much to get the issue resolved earlier.

Jeff P Rochester, NY

It sounds cliche, but GEICO saved us money. On top of the savings our interactions with the company are always prompt and complete. We lease two vehicles and each time the transition of cars is done in a 3 or 4 minute call. Any question I have ever asked has been answered on the spot or with a text with in minutes. I am very satisfied with GEICO

Randie S. Edmond, OK

Great company that is easy to work with. We switched back to Allstate because of a promotional thing my husband wanted. We didn't have anything negative happen when we had their services, definitely recommend! Also, this past January, I was in a very minor scrape and scratch with one of their customers. Though there was some struggle getting the driver to pull up theinsurance, it was all there on the police report. They provided a reasonable settlement on the claim, my car was fixed, and we parted ways. Easy to work with, customer service was nice and made sure to get every detail of both sides of the story, and I highly recommend them both as a previous customer and precious claimant.

Q Kelly Hallandale, FL

I had never used Geico once I purchased my 2019 vehicle this is the company that picked me up I have no issues with Geico my husband recently purchased his truck and because I have an account and because we’re married they automatically added his vehicle to my policy I have no complaints about Geico

1 day ago

Carolina Morelli Oakland, CA

Geico covers out cars and we have been very satisfied with their prices as well as their service. Their representatives are knowledgeable and helpful. We ave recommended it to friends.

RONALD WHITE Phoenix, AZ

Though I have never had to file a claim with GEICO, we have been with them for well over 10 years now with very little increases in our semi-annual premiums. Customer service is excellent and I really appreciate their website where I can take care of most of my concerns with adding or deleting vehicles and getting quotes for our different vehicles. I highly recommend GEICO to most of my friends that have asked me about our vehicle insurance coverages. GEICO offers what I need for coverage at minimal premium cost.

Aly Houston, TX

GEICO is affordable for insurance and actually has excellent buyer protection. I was recently at fault in a wreck and ended up paying only a $500 deductible when the cost to fix my car was about $4k. The other person's repairs were paid for by GEICO as well. Furthermore my rates have not increased. Overall I'm impressed and feel lucky I chose them.

Jeff Dallas, TX

I have not had to file a claim, so no experience there. Rates were good when I signed up but I should check around to make sure I'm still getting the best rate I can. I really like that my insurance cards are available in my Geico app. They auto draft my monthly payments and honestly I never hear from them. Every 6 months I get my new policy. My wife has a MINI Cooper. The state of New Mexico has misspelled it in their system, it calls her car a MNNI. Every 6 months our other 4 cars never have a problem, but we always get a letter from the state of New Mexico saying that we do not have insurance on our MINI and threatening us. Every 6 months I get my Geico agent on the phone and conference call them in with the employee at the state of New Mexico and let them hash it out. SO, Geico has been great about putting up with this and helping me every 6 months.

Patricia Wallace Pittsfield, MA

I love this company. They are easy to access, saved my tons of money, and have been on my side when my cars have been hit. Excellent

1 day ago

David Stickles West Jordan, UT

They are very convenient and well priced. I use them for car and renters insurance. Have only had to use them for one claim on a cracked windshield and they were quick and easy to work with.

Tina Brandon Norman Park, GA

When I had my motorcycle my insurance premiums were half the cost of premiums with my present auto insurance company. Their customer service is outstanding and they’re always there to help you.

Canutillo High El Paso, TX

I trust GEICO, have been a customer for 16 years. There's been a couple of times that fees have gone up... they're always transparent as to what changed... and operators will go out of their way to find you discounts. I had an accident (not of own fault) the car was totaled. GEICO represented and guided us well though out the whole process.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Geico car insurance is the best there is. When I got in a crash they covered everything. The customer service was great. The man I had helping me with my claim, insurance, and paying helped more than I ever could have asked for. He explained everything well and reassured me that they would take care of everything. I definitely recommend.

David Cape Coral, FL

I have been with Gieco on several occasions all were good experiences. Price is the sole reason I moved on. Over all Gieco is a good company, but as you all know companies keep raising prices, especially when they want to vacate a state of area. If the price is right for you with GIECO go with them until its no longer in your rice range, its a good company

Ajanaee x Tallahassee, FL

I have been a customer of Geico for years now. They have excellent customer service representatives that help me with an issue I need resolving. Even when faced with a car accident, Geico made it easy for me to file a claim and get everything handled.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

Been with Geico for over 10 years. Check my rate every year and Geico is consistently the best rate. Someone struck my parked car 2 years ago and took out the drivers side mirror, scratched the side up from the door forward and tore the front bumper off. Entered the photos thru the app, got a call immediately, a tow truck took it to a recommended facility and I went later to hear the bad news. Paid the deductible, and got my car back 4 days later, good as new. Customer Service is a bright spot. Any time I have called, I always got someone quickly and they didn't push too hard to sell me more. Their app is easy to use and never crashes. The website is really easy to navigate. Highly recommended.

Arden Lincoln, NE

Friendly, helpful staff and by far the best quote I received - a $200 difference, at least. I'm a grad student with an older, used car so if somebody hits me, it would cost more to repair than replace it. I only wanted the bare minimum injury coverage and take-care-of-the-other-guy policy (just enough that I don't get an incredibly expensive ticket if I get pulled over), and Geico made it easy and relatively cheap. I pay for my coverage in six month intervals - they give you a decent discount if you do that instead of every month - and it's really convenient to only have to remember twice a year. Now if only they had autopay, I'd be set! Oh, and there is a fairly generous student discount that I really appreciate, too.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

GEICO Auto Insurance helped me get the maximum security and benefits for my car for very good prices. They have very kind and helpful customer service that will always take the time to answer all of your questions.

Tammie Newsome Milledgeville, GA

I have been with my old insurance company for 15 years. Prices kept going up and I finally changed. GEICO gave a better policy with a lower rate and great online site to handle anything 24 hours a day love it.

Trojan 75 Clearwater, FL

Aside from all the silly, but entertaining TV commercials, we have found Geico to be professional an their customer service teams very effective. I continue to do the 'what ifs' on pricing and they win out each time. Glad I made the move from USAA.

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

I've been a long time customer of GEICO in Northern Virginia, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I appreciate that I can handle all transactions on their website but have called them with specialized questions occasionally and have always found them friendly and very knowledgeable. I have used lower price companies but returned to GEICO for their service. In Portland they actually have a local office which I used to combine my auto and home policies.

Dona Mazza Roslindale, MA

Both my husband and I have been loyal customers for over 10 years. Today I realized WHY we never strayed away from them. I had some questions and concerns about transferring my plates to a new vehicle and spoke with Karla G. from Braintree Mass. She explained she was new on board with the company but I would of never known that because she was so personable yet still professional. She was able to take care of my new upcoming vehicle transfer of plates and help me with another matter that I couldn't do myself online. Just wanted to give her a "SHOUT OUT" and say THANK YOU and GREAT JOB! Dona Mazza

C.L.A.P LLC ,

The minute Brandi H. called me, my mind was immediately put at ease. My life within the last three months has  been flipped upside down. If I can be honest I thought ending my life was the best resolution for me and my family. Wrecking my vehicle just added to my miserable life. Brandi called me; she told me she was the adjuster assigned to my claim. The moment Brandi called me everything just seemed like it was going to be okay. I do not do any reviews however; I have to because believe it or not Brandi saved my life. I reside with my baby sister, two weeks ago she wrecked her vehicle and Brandi was her adjuster. Brandi did an amazing job with my sister. Our water froze so going to get water was my task because I wasn’t going to allow my sister out of the house. Getting off the highway caused my vehicle to slide, I attempted to gain control due to the horrendous weather conditions to no avail, my attempt failed drastically. Everything happened so fast I can’t remember all details. I was stuck and no tow company would take my assignment. Sitting in the parking lot I was stuck, a good samaritan saw my car and took me home.  Brandi called me when I got home and she saved me. Brandi assured me she was going to get my car towed, Brandi told me not to worry. Every step Brandi took I knew every detail. Brandi was kind she was informative, no question I asked was considered stupid. My deductible is a 1000 dollars I don’t know how I am going to come up with the money however; I know a way will be made. Brandi your energetic spirit made me feel like I can make it. I ran from a domestic violent marriage every day is better. I know I have to fight for myself, Brandi thank you so much for you kindness and your positive energy.

Freda Williams Riverdale, GA

My name is Alfreda Williams, and I had the pleasure of having Mrs. Audrey of the McDonough Office, be my agent. Mrs. Audrey took her time and found the best price for me. She was very courteous, knowledgeable, and patient. She was able to answer all my questions. Mrs. Audrey made me feel like Geico was glad for me to be a client, instead of just getting my down-payment. I also spoke with her manager, Mr. Jerry, just to let him know how pleased, I was on receiving Outstanding service I recommend any family or friends, in the need of insurance, check out Geico the McDonough location. Mrs Audrey is your person.

Shalonda Kelly Columbia, SC

The price and quality of service are the winning points for me. No issues thus far.

Jean Durbin Litchfield, IL

Switched to GEICO recently as they are one of the few companies that provide coverage for RV's to owners that live in them full time, travel & don't own a house at a permanent location. Switched our vehicles to them also to get a multi-policy discount and the premium rate is a bit lower than what we were paying before. I set it up on auto-draft so I wouldn't have to worry about it & they send out a reminder a few days before they draft the premium. I appreciate that I can have them draft from any of my accounts and can actually use different accounts for each policy if wanted. Great customer service whenever I contacted them. Friendly yet professional staff that resolves situations on the first call.

Veronica Durham Mechanicsburg, PA

Great pricing. Customer service is good. My husband has Geico for many years, he added me to his policy, never had a problem. I recommend Geico

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

They're actually not bad. They were there when I needed them for roadside assistance but their rates were a little high so I switched to Liberty Mutual. I'm much happier now. I don't dislike them but I don't love them.

Yael Fort Myers, FL

I am new customer of GEICO and have already experienced hiccups with my services and policies. The start up process was seamless but now as an active customer I am not very happy with their customer service and response time.. Longgest waits ever for a very personal and serious service!Do better gieco!

Mike Buxbaum Brooklyn, NY

GEICO one of most famous insurers in US. It likes to insure only the drivers who have no accidents or issues. That policy is good for their business and it is reasonable but it is bad for the driver. To the point. In 2012 I received several tickets totaling 6 points. No accidents no losses. My liability insurance with GEICO increased to $10,000 fo two cars in Brooklyn. Speaking with other insurance companies I realized it is a bad example of greed and bureaucracy. Switching to a different carrier return my premiums to the previous levels. I will never for as long as I live will use GEICO for automotive coverage and would encourage others to stay away.

Bonnita Haynes Kingwood, TX

Quick response when my son had an accident. They fought for me when another driver’s company refused to pay. Price was usually the lowest available. I would recommend GEICO to friends and family.

badal jain San Jose, CA

I have been using Geico since 1+ years and it has provided me the best coverage in cheapest rate comparatively. Also, the customer service is pretty great! I called them a couple of times for jump start and they were almost immediate.

rosemary Ali Sicklerville, NJ

I had Geico car insurance for about 8years and add on my husband and others that were part of my household. They were great at taking my money until I was in a serious accident & they tried every tactic to not pay. It was very disheartening at the time, I had so much to worry about with my recovery, had no car, had to retain a lawyer & was constantly on the phone with customer service. It was a horrible experience & I ended up leaving to go to liberty mutual. I have been with them for years with no issue & when I was in a small rear ended accident they were accommodating & had no issue covering anything.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

We just switched to GEICO last year after adding our teenage daughter to our policy. Everything was streamlined and online. The app is my favorite and so easy to use and we don't have to carry and card around with us anymore to prove coverage. We also just switched our homeowners insurance to GEICO as well. The little chameleon was telling the truth all along!!

Carolann Stockdale Riverview, FL

Just transferred my auto insurance to Geico, what a great deal, increase liability and saved 80$ Gene was my representative, he guided me to a policy that fit my needs, He was so helpful, all my numerous questions were answered . He was patient with all my questions , I actually had been with my car insurance co. at least 20yrs so it I was comfortable making the decision today👍Also called his Supervisor Todd to make sure management knows how good he is 🤗🤗TY Gene for your hard work I so appreciated your effort

K.H. Tehachapi, CA

Love , love, love Geico! We have had Geico for at least 15 years, and I have never been happier with an insurance company. Geico’s rates are fantastic, their customer service is outstanding, and they are overall just fantastic as a company. Geico truly does have the best interest of their clients at the forefront. I couldn’t be happier with another insurance...EVER!!!

Steven Bucholtz Oakland, CA

I have been a GEICO customer for many years. I, unfortunately, have had to deal with them through several accidents. Their service and attention to detail is suberb! I love that you can get an appointment for an appraisal at the shop where repairs will be done and pick up a rental car at the same time. Yes, my rates have gone up because of accidents, but I have done a great deal of research looking for lower rates and have not found any that offer the same amount of coverage and excellent service.

Theresa Clark Lansing, IL

Excellent service. I’ve been with Geico for the last few years. I’m a woman and not very handy. One Sunday morning when I was about to leave for Church, I realized that I had a flat tire. I called Geico and the guy was at my house within 30 minutes. I’ve had to file claims and have repairs made to my car which was handled flawlessly by Geico. Great people, service and company. I’m with Geico for life.

A. L. Lee, MA

I know I'm going to sound like a commercial but I can't believe I'm saving as much as I am with Geico. When I switched from my other insurance providers to this one I had three cars. I began saving $1,000 a year. When we bought another car and added that car we actually saved another $200 and it lowered my payments. I never thought adding a car would actually lower the payments but they did. My previous provider wouldn't even look into savings. Win win!

Rebecca Adams Hope, ME

Geico insurance is always helpful in my insurance needs. They help with adding a driver, adding a car. They even answered all of my questions about whether I was covered with renting a moving box truck and whether I needed to add any add on's. Only one. Because my policy already covered everything. Super friendly too and I can understand everything that is explained to me because they take the time to make sure I do. Thank you Geico.

M Wilson Houston, TX

Great customer care, easy to file claims, very competitive rates. Have been a customer for several years.

Dung giap Westminster, CA

I have been customer with Geico for three years and this is the longest time I have been with. Other insurance company that I’ve been with. I never stay that long Sometime I don’t understanding about my policy. Like Covered Some representative willing to explain and some don’t. But the Insurance keep going up. I switch to Geico everything or just right. The representatives soul friendly they willing to help me Every little detail they make sure that I understand What I have and what I need it in my policy sometime I got into accident and the representative they always on my side and protect the customer and making sure the customer are safe and they put out the time To call you to give you the best survey that we asked for. I’m very satisfied with Geico I have no complaints and I got the best service from Geico agent. I got everything that I need for my policy and the rate is low. thank you to Geico ,and that will help me and my family a lot. !!!

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Great experience with GEICO, customer service is great, easy to make a claims and fast repair solutions. Would recommend

Raven Royal Sandy, UT

Geico helped us a lot when we totaled a car. They covered everything and are fairly cheap when it comes to insurance. Definitely a good one!

Keiana Knowles Tallahassee, FL

I used to use this insurance and it was okay, they didn’t have that many deals for student drivers and they are a little pricey

Andrea Thomas Tacoma, WA

We got GEICO when we purchased our first car. We thought we had great coverage. But then speaking to another car insurance representative, we found holes in our insurance that could have cost us dearly had we ended up in an accident (both our fault and others fault types). We felt duped over since we were young and not 100% sure of what we needed. The whole package was never explained and we decided to leave.

GN Seattle, WA

I had Geico auto insurance for years, then one day I was rear-ended and needed to file a claim. After weeks of Geico discussing with the other party (who was uninsured), the Geico agent followed up with me to tell me that they could no longer pursue the other party for damages because it was going to be too costly for them. That was it, after years of paying my insurance bills and not filing any claims, the one time I needed my insurer to do their job, they bowed out because it wasn't in their best interest. I promptly cancelled my policy and have never looked back. I also continue to share this story to anyone that mentions Geico.

Carlie Sami Pensacola, FL

I've been with Geico for over five years, I have checked out other insurance companies a few times over the years to see if I could get lower prices with same benefits as Geico, but haven't found one that compares.

MNO O Lawrenceville, GA

They have good customer service but newbies need to be aware that cheaper rates mean less coverage.

Pati Ogletree Phoenix, AZ

Geico has fantastic customer service. They make it easy to have all your info at your fingertips ! They can send you any info you need ASAP and its always refreshing to actually talk to a person. Great prices...Great service!