Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Ashley Cartwright
August 23rd, 2019 Birdsboro, PA DETAILS

I was a little nervous with seeing all the negative comments but the process was quick! From start to finish Jason, Rose and the maintenance men were all kind. They answered my questions promptly and kept me informed every step of the way!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Aug 26, 2019

Good Morning Ashley, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome To The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Mark & Alison Smith
August 20th, 2019 Grafton, MA DETAILS

Sunnova were fantastic. They were able to come up with plans to help us afford solar either through leasing options or purchasing outright... Rates were pretty competitive and the no penalty early payment but maintaining the 25 year repair contract are ideal....

Aug 20, 2019

Hello Mark & Alison Smith, Thank you for your positive review, Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Richard Giambalvo
August 20th, 2019 Howell Township, NJ

We had thought of solar power for sometime but the other solar companies just could not explain the process/benefits so I could clearly comprehend it all. When we decided to go with Sunnova, everything was clearly explained and described. When the crew came out to do the installation, they were professional, competent and left the area cleaner tan when they first arrived

Aug 20, 2019

Thank You Richard Giambalvo ! We are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback.^OA

Wanda K. McIntosh
August 20th, 2019 Fresno, CA

I was very impressed with the manner in which they conduct business. They took time with me to make sure I understood the process and patiently answered all of my questions, The installation crew was also polite and professional and did a great job. Their communication style was direct and fast, informing me at every step what I could expect to happen and when.

Aug 20, 2019

Hello Wanda K. McIntosh , Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^OA

PHILENE Swearengin
August 20th, 2019 Casa Grande, AZ DETAILS

I liked that I could lease it, good at my age I liked that my monthly payment is less than first quoted to me ..I am on a fixed income and have less income than my monthly bills. A worry to me. I am 84 yrs old. So solar has helped me a lot. I like that the payment is drawn from my bank account. I really. really, liked the service of most all who came to do their job. Now I am glad for every day that the sun shines!!! thank you very much.

Aug 20, 2019

Hello PHILENE Swearengin, Thank you for your positive review, Welcome to the Sunnova family!^OA

William Schweizer III
August 16th, 2019 Hammonton, NJ DETAILS

They install the equipment very well. They hide the wiring and cables throughout the building as much as possible to have a clean look. I was observing some solar installations in my neighborhood while walking my dog and observed some that had conduit all over the outside of the house and roof. Not good to look at.

Aug 16, 2019

Hello William, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Cathy H
August 16th, 2019 Methuen, MA DETAILS

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is terrible. Our panels have not been working since April, which means we are losing money at the peak time of the year. Someone was supposed to come out last Month on a Thursday, but did not show. We were told someone would be out the next day, again nobody came. My husband had taken both days out of work to wait for technician to get this matter cleared up. Again, I called and was promised that we would be the first client today - between 8 am - 12. Again nobody came and no phone call. I have been on hold to speak with someone for 15 minutes so far. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Aug 19, 2019

Good Morning Cathy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID/Phone number where we can reach you? . We will look into this right away. ^MP

Sarah Baldwin
August 16th, 2019 Pawtucket, RI DETAILS

This was a painless way to do the right thing and go solar! Seamless installation. Polite crew. Great customer service.

Aug 16, 2019

Hello Sarah, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Siobhan Pakenham
August 13th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ DETAILS

I would avoid this company. I recently bought a house that already had their solar panels and I took over the seller’s lease. The whole process has been a nightmare and the customer service was awful. I was already committed to the move otherwise I would’ve passed on doing business with this company. I have serious concerns about their competency and if something does go wrong with the system, I have very little faith in their ability to fix or handle it properly. If I need to, I will take them to court. I wish I had read their reviews prior. Learn from me. Don’t make the same mistake I have.

Aug 13, 2019

Hello Siobhan, we are sorry you had to go through this ordeal. We do appreciate your patience. Upon review of your account, I do see that we contacted you this morning to provide you an update. The transfer process will be completed in the next week. Thank you!^MO

Richard C Evenson
August 13th, 2019 Chico, CA

om the start until the finish of the job I was impressed by the personal touch your installers and salespeople gave to me. Also when I had questions I always got an answer and not the runaround.

Aug 13, 2019

Hello Richard, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Jim Pearson
August 13th, 2019 Colusa, CA DETAILS

Very seldom do you get any type of response from email customer service. Not with Sunnova. I was very impressed that when I sent an email to customer service I received a helpful reply the next day.

Kaitlyn H
August 13th, 2019 East Haven, CT DETAILS

When I made the decision to go solar, I wanted to get info from a few different companies so I could make an informed decision. Each company brought something different to the table, but ultimately this is the decision I made. The customer service is beyond what I ever could have expected and my poor representative personally did a lot of work to make sure that the process was moving as efficiently as possible because that was something incredibly important for me. If I had any questions, they were answered immediately. They kept me updated every step of the way about where we were and how much more there would be to come. So excited to have recently gotten my solar system turned on and have finished such a big milestone for my home.

Aug 13, 2019

Hello Kaitlyn, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Miguel O.
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I installed my solar panels at the beginning of the year and I can only say... I absolutely love them! My savings started immediately, and the installation process was super easy. From the salesman to the installers and of course the customer service from Sunnova, everything went smoothly and as promised. Thank you!

Aug 12, 2019

Good Morning Miguel, Thank you for your Feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Alfredo T DaCosta
August 11th, 2019 Cumberland, RI DETAILS

Staff always very professional in answering any questions that I may have.

Aug 12, 2019

Good Morning Alfredo, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Bill
August 11th, 2019 Cypress, CA DETAILS

My system went down on July 12, 2019. I did not get a call from Sunnova. I contacted Sunnova about a week later and have been getting the run around since. In 2 days it will be ONE (1) MONTH since my system stopped working. I am tired calling Sunnova. All they do is to give me a case number. I have two (2) case numbers but a NON-working system. Who is going to pay my power bill? I use to encourage my neighbors to get a Sunnova system. No longer. I will let them know about the lousy customer service. So sorry I ever got this system.

Aug 12, 2019

Good Morning Bill, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a message with your system id/phone number where we can reach you?. We will look into this right away. Thank you^MP

Cindy L
August 1st, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Sunnova needs to have many more employees for customer service. It can take them a month to get back to emails and 1.5 hours or more to return calls when you are on the waitlist. When you do get the callback, the customer service people are VERY nice. I escalated my concerns to Juan, who was EXCELLENT! I had his direct # and he returned my calls as promised with answers very quickly. If it wasn't for their huge lack of employees, I would give them 5 stars.

Aug 01, 2019

Hello Cindy, we always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.^MO

JOSE F ZHUNIO
August 1st, 2019 Cortlandt Manor, NY

They are very professionals and I will commit to recomend to anybody to save the word with a solar panels energy.

Aug 01, 2019

Hello Jose, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Angela
August 1st, 2019 Pearl River, NY

It’s really too soon to tell. I know the Trinity team of guys that came to my house was awesome. I know Joselin was great she was my account manager I guess. I don’t know how well the solar panels are actually working at obviously

Lynn Zakowski
July 25th, 2019 Niantic, CT DETAILS

Very Professional team.Explain everything clearly.on-time with paperwork and production,and completion of job.Pleasant and knowledgeable in product and delivery.couldn't have been more pleased!

Jul 26, 2019

Hello Lynn, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

The McLovins
July 24th, 2019 Plainfield, CT DETAILS

The best choice my husband and I ever made was going solar. Most of all with our experience through the whole process of Trinity Solar installing the panels, to the customer service and knowledgeable teams was fantastic! They are excellent to work with and extremely professional, friendly and courteous. We have never been treated with such high importance and respect. We highly recommend Sunnova and Trinity Solar! So happy to have made a great investment and decision to go solar.

Jul 25, 2019

Good Morning McLovins, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. Thank you^MP

Robin
July 23rd, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS

Sunnova installed my solar and I could not be happier. They were prompt, courteous and conscientious during the whole install and I'm saving so much! I highly recommend them.

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Robin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Carl DeLucia
July 23rd, 2019 Hamden, CT DETAILS

Overall experience with Trinity Solar and Sunnova is very positive. Installation was faultless, electric bills are now much less than before and I have not had any problem so far. The only negative is that my son who already had a solar installation done and recommended that I proceed with Trinity/Sunnova was told he would get a rebate check for referring a customer. The Trinity rep said it would happen and it never did, so although I would not hesitate to recommend Trinity /Sunnova to a friend, your promises for rewards are rather hollow!

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Carl DeLucia, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Daniel
July 23rd, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Great service, my questions were answered promptly and clearly.

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Daniel, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Rafael Hernando
July 23rd, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

The panels went down and nobody contacted me until the electric company sent me a bill for more than I was paying before the panels were installed.

Jul 23, 2019

Good Afternoon Rafael, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could please send us a private message with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our agents will reach out to you within the next 2-3 business hours. Thank you^MO

Linda D'Anton/Diane Ackerman
July 23rd, 2019 Elmwood Park, NJ DETAILS

Ease of service from introduction to product to installation, town inspections, start up and service. Constant monitoring by company provides instant service to any issues . And all at no cost other than ur monthly energy bill.

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Linda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Disnardo Gonzalez
July 23rd, 2019 Kissimmee, FL

Great customer service. Team response time is fast and problem solving situation was handled in a timely manner.

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Disnardo, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Geri Mahaffey
July 23rd, 2019 Lemoore, CA

Very helpful, timely, explained program well. Thank you so very much...

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Geri, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Tina Butler
July 19th, 2019 Clinton, MD

The experience for me with Sunnova is amazing. I was informed by phone and email of the process.

Jul 19, 2019

Hello Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Sean
July 19th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ DETAILS

Everything and everyone were great! Thank you!

Jul 19, 2019

Hello Sean, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.^MO

Gerald Errickson
July 18th, 2019 Buena, NJ DETAILS

Customer service gets us answers quickly. Installation of the solar system was easy. The auto-payment feature is simple.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Gerald, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Charles Sparacino
July 18th, 2019 Holtsville, NY

Sun nova does good work they are very respectful and pay attention to detail

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Charles, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

JAMES C BRADFORD
July 18th, 2019 Ft. Washington, MD

Sonnova delivered my solar system with experienced technicians and expertise. Solar Consultant Catie M was with us all the way through the process. The technicians were knowledgeable and expert at their job. All of my contacts with Sonnova personnel were friendly and professional. Now I'm helping the environment and saving money on my energy use. Thank you Sonnova.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning James, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Andrew yaffe
July 18th, 2019 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS

All good except took a while for electrical work to be completed and approved.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Andrew, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Frank Boughner
July 18th, 2019 New Rochelle, NY DETAILS

The Sunnova Team made my experience seamless.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Frank, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

wayne
July 18th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

They took out to much money for the 1st 2 payments and I am still waiting on the 3rd payment to see

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Wayne, we are here to help. Could you please send us a message with your system id/phone number where we can reach you?. Thank you^MP

Pat
July 18th, 2019 Staten Island, NY

Seamless operation! Service was quick and convenient from our first appt to the installation! All questions were answered and we were kept informed about permits etc.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Pat, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Mick M
July 18th, 2019 Brigantine, NJ DETAILS

Daniel H and Ted D were the point men from Trinity Solar. After several meetings with them I had a better understanding of the process. The installation was completed in a day and the crew was very respectful of our concerns/property. Our system has been producing energy since March and we are very satisfied with everything.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Mick, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Trudie Rahm
July 18th, 2019 Beavertown, PA DETAILS

Everyone has been wonderful so far in our journey

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Trudie, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Victor T
July 18th, 2019 Upper Marlboro, MD DETAILS

It's a great platform with easy information sharing. The reports are detailed and professional. Keep it up

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Victor, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Alexandra Coley
July 18th, 2019 Preston City, CT

We had a very positive experience with our solar installation. They have provided excellent customer service and kept us informed in every step of the process.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Alexandra, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Annmarie
July 18th, 2019 Elmwood Park, NJ

The sales Rep was very informative , was not pushy He answered all our questions. They explained how everything works and Sunova explained it also. THe amount im being billed is exactly what they said it is from day 1 The installation went smoothly. All in all I have not had any problems and all the people I have come in connect with were very nice

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Annmarie, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Theresa G.
July 18th, 2019 North Haven, CT DETAILS

Great experience with getting solar. We saw a huge decrease in our electric bill the first month. Everyone we interacted with was very professional. Now we’re excited to see our electric bill each month!

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Theresa, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Paula Haywood
July 18th, 2019 Saint Albans, NY DETAILS

The price for the service is awesome; almost 200% less than what I paid for delivery and service of energy from Con Ed.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Paula, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Kenneth Park
July 18th, 2019 Easton, PA DETAILS

Very professional. They cover everything in great detail.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Kenneth, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP

Cecilia
July 18th, 2019

The fact that I didn’t have to put up any money for the installation until everything is done n working is very important to me. Sunnova provided that ease of mind for me. A single mom relies on every penny n I’m grateful that for worry was put to ease.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Cecilia, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Lita
July 18th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Great experience specially your sales person Jun P he’s fast helping if you have any questions regarding our Solar.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Lita, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP

david Burnett
July 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Our experience with Sunnova was good from the beginning. The sales person was well informed and did exactly as he said he would. Everyone involved with the installation was very professional. Afterward Sunnova has stayed in contact and has been very informative and helpful.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning David, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP

Clare E Case
July 18th, 2019 Waterford, CT

Every person who helped in the final product was knowledgeable and explained the details well. From beginning to finish it was a great experience.

Jul 19, 2019

Good morning Alan, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome To The Sunnova Family! ^MP

Alan
July 18th, 2019 Kingston, NY DETAILS

Very nice fast customer service. Nice Internet account where I can check usage or look at payments

Dino Manchisi
July 18th, 2019 Ansonia, CT

They were professional courteous ,on time ,efficient ,and were there when I needed a question answered and still are I tell all my friends about sunnova

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning Dino, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP