Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

Lou s.

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went smoothly from sale to installation.

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Louis, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

O.O

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

my appliances are shutting off if the iron and microwave are being use at the same time.

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning O.O, Thank you for bringing this to our attention . If you could please send us an email to with your contact information/system id and one of our Issue resolutions specialist will contact you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MP

Linda Cotter

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did a good job. My only critique was the explanation of the process lacked information about the complexity and time that would be involved in getting the panels up and running. Most of that delay was due to the electric company and there required work.

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Linda, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. We apologize for any delays that may have occurred. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Jennifer Kean

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They made everything easy and answered all my questions honestly

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Jennifer, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Jim

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the system was installed in July and wasn't activated till mid December so how can I rate them when I still haven't actually been able to realize any energy results I also agreed to solar both as a cost savings and as a means of cutting down on fossil fuels and even though I was informed at the time and it may be that Suunova has no say in it...I find it disturbing that I have a lot more square footage that could hold panels to make my house far more energy efficient there fore I am unwilling to throw out any high ratings at this time...I may change my mind when I see real results of putting the solar panels on my home but whether it be the governement regulation or company policies it is deceiving to say I am being as enegery efficient and helping to cut down on my so called carbon footprint when it is clear that my roof could support a good number of additional panels...you asked I told you....

Feb 12, 2020

Hello Jim, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Julie Anderson

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far so good. Very understanding and if I have a question about something I don't understand it gets resolved. Ty

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Julie, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Matt

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm generally happy with the solar system and its benefits. I am not happy with how long it took for the system to be installed and the loan for the purchase of the system. Sunnova may not be the party responsible for the slow installation (Trinity Solar was the company). The agreement was finalized early August and the system was turned on late December. Dealing with Sunnova on the loan has felt like nothing other than a "money grab". I had the resources available to pay off my loan immediately and was not able to. I called Sunnova a few times on this and was told different things, including that I had to wait for the system to be turned on to pay it off and then that I had to wait for my first bill to pay it off. Waiting for the first bill meant that I had to pay that first bill (which was made up of mostly interest) and then pay the system off. In total, I paid $440 more than the agreement's system cost. I tried to avoid paying anything more than the system cost and was not able to do that. So, this review reflects that frustration more than anything else. The staff I spoke to on the phone was always pleasant and mostly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I had to speak with them more often than any customer should in order to understand payoff options.

Feb 12, 2020

Hello Matt, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Stacy

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer focused, superior service. Communication was top notch

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Stacy, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Jane Yanko

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service and smooth installation of solar panels.

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Jane, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Cheryl Dowling

February 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good customer service but it took over a month to get our system installed and running, with some scheduling issues on their end.

Feb 11, 2020

Good morning Cheryl, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. We apologize for any delays that may have occurred. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Dorothy

February 7th, 2020 Jensen Beach, FL

The whole experience was great everyone was very informative and friendly. We will tell everyone we know about our experience and your company. Thank you so much!!

Feb 07, 2020

Hello Dorothy, Thank you for your positive 5-star feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

heather dolan

February 7th, 2020 Sudbury, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are having a great experience so far and I am looking forward to producing a lot of electricity.

Feb 08, 2020

Good morning Heather, thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MP

williamstandring

February 7th, 2020 Rehoboth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova has a great team of professionals who take you by the hand and walk you through all of the steps needed to install and power-up your solar system. I literally did nothing because they took care of all the paperwork , appointment scheduling, and installation. They kept me informed through all of it, and now I am going to take credit for helping our ailing environment.

Feb 08, 2020

Hello williamstandring, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words . Welcome to our Sunnova Family!^OA

Katlyn

February 5th, 2020 Villas, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pay twice as much as I used to with the electric company. Yeah. Also, they doubled our rate at 2 years in - SURPRISE! Currently pay just under 600 monthly for a roof full with no shade about.

Feb 05, 2020

Hello Katlyn, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you within 1-2 hours. ^OA

Scott Tadej

February 5th, 2020 Piscataway, NJ

The sales rep, Anthony D, was fantastic. He addressed any questions I had and was always available to talk with any concerns I had. He was very knowledgeable with the solar panel industry and I felt extremely comfortable with the service he and Suntuity was providing. Honestly; it's really the only reason I signed up for solar. I've had other solar panel companies contact me but they never really could answer my questions like Anthony did. The install was also great. When they arrived the explained the entire job they were doing and asked me if I had any questions or concerns. They were professional and the install looks great! The service team that I interacted with, specifically Shannon (can't remember her last name) was also amazing. Suntuity did a stellar job.

Feb 06, 2020

Hello Scott Tadej, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words . Welcome to our Sunnova Family!^OA

Kim Demers

February 4th, 2020 Haverhill, MA

Fantastic experience from day 1 Every step has been stress free Communication is phenomenal Highly recommend to all

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Kim, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Fabio Rocha

February 4th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What can I say? My lease goes up every month yet electricity prices haven't risen by the same amount in Arizona. In winter, my bill is around $40 but with a lease of $150 it's just not worth the savings on the summer months. During summer sysem prduces 30% of my energy. Was promised WAY more thn that. I want out and the peace of mind of not having to pay ever increasing instalments for the next 19 years.

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Fabio, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Peter Amado

February 4th, 2020 Randolph, MA

So Far, everything that was discussed pryor to signing the contract was up front and on time . All associates that we have spoken with and worked through , have been curtious and professional . So up to now being on the grid for three weeks we are satisfied. Thank you for your product and service..

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Peter, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Terry Walker

February 4th, 2020 Red Lion, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They work very hard with you to come up with the best individualized plan

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Terry, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Thomas Provencher

February 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to work with. Great product. From start to finish everything went very smoothly."

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Thomas, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Leslie Murray

February 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every one was nice --up front - new what they were doing -cleaned up when done

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Leslie, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Rob Einhorn

February 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good people but have nothing to compare them to

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Rob, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Patty

February 4th, 2020 Mesquite, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

very unreliable. They say they're going to show up at a certain time and they even call that morning but then they never show up

Feb 04, 2020

Hello Patty, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Mauricio Morales

February 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service on time smooth process

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Mauricio, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Adamm Mitchell

February 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience with install. Very unprofessional with installers and management. lack of communication during installation. Took days off to meet installers when there was no show.

Feb 04, 2020

Good morning Adamm, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Mary Snyder

January 29th, 2020 Carlisle, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the beginning, we've been very pleased with the communication & service we've received from Sunnova and its' installer, Trinity Solar. Both sources answered all of our questions completely & in a timely manner, and the installation was accomplished quickly & neatly.

Jan 29, 2020

Hello Mary, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Kathryn Seufert

January 28th, 2020 Cementon, PA

From the salesperson to the installer, everyone was knowledgeable and polite. If I had a question, it was answered to my satisfaction. The set up, installation , and the final walk through went seamlessly.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello Kathryn, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Johnny Rodríguez

January 28th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY

The experience was a very positive one. The team was amazing. Special thanks to Arturo B, his professionalism and knowledge of the product was enlightening. After meeting with a number of companies we knew after speaking to him that Venture Solar was the way to go.

Hello Johnny, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Bill Ventura

January 28th, 2020 Selden, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The biggest worst if I could I'd take them off my roof today. The service sucks the system shuts down 3 times they had to come out to fix it. Haven't banked a single credit in three years nothing but LIE'S stay away.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello Bill, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MO

Vincent Bordogna

January 28th, 2020 Clifton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova has been ripping me off from day one. Their systems do not provide the adequate amount of kilowatts per month to power your home. You get billed both by Sunnova and your local carrier. If your considering solar for your home, run don’t walk run away from this company. They are crooks. Those of you who are suffering like me with Sunnova please contact me. Together we can make a difference.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello Vincent, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MO

carolyn keith

January 28th, 2020 Gloucester, MA

We have been extremely happy with Sunnova. The service was excellent from the beginning of the process of installing solar electricity in our home to its connection. We were kept informed each step of the way, and if we had a question, it was responded to with courtesy and efficiency.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Rick Oxford

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Took way too long to install system. Had almost no communication when they were going to show up and then numerous time they just didn't show up at all

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Rick, Thank you for your 2-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you today.^MO

Javier

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All who were involved were pretty humble and appear to take time and effort with customer.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Javier, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Blamasee Sarnor

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They treat people well and explain in details.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Blamasee, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Natalie Johnson

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have not saved any money yet - very disapointed - thought we were going to get a tax rebate - thats what we were told - my husband was previously on the medical baseline - seems like were paying more now.

Jan 27, 2020

Good Morning Natalie, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry you had to go through this ordeal this is not a typical Sunnova experience. If you could please send us an email with your system id/contact information to and one of our Issue Resolution Specialists will contact you within 1-2 business hours. We will look into this right away. ^MP

Birdine Wildenauer

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were great with my husband and I, from day one . We were very impressed by the way they took care of the solar and everything else.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Birdine, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Felix

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They showed up on time and performed the task at hand.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Felix, Thank you for your 4-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Kathleen Resch Denton

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't been with them long enough to give an honest opinion

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Kathleen, Thank you for your 3-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Paulletta E. Reis

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to deal with. Employees are very knowledgeable, Very good installation schedule.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Pauletta, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Proxy Saunders

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did a great job they finish on time and and save money

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Proxy, Thank you for your 4-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Mike Smith

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great company. I trust our sales person.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Mike, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Jim Thompson

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall customer service. Very happy with everyone we spoke to related to the solar installation.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Jim, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Keith

January 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jsut started with them being live so not much to go on bu tinstall.

Jan 24, 2020

Hello Jeffrey, Thank you for your 3-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! If you have any concerns please send your contact information to .^MO

Jeffrey Clark

January 20th, 2020 Paradise, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

B. D was a student of my wife, very nice man. We are glad we went Solar. I'm a Retired PG&E Distribution Operator(46 Yrs). We had a few MINOR problems with the system at first. Brandon took care of everything. We people ask about going Solar I hand them Brandons's Card.

Jan 21, 2020

Hello Jeffrey, Thank you for your 5-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Paul Lang

January 20th, 2020 Dracut, MA

Sunnova is great at selling you faulty equipment. Our solar panel was installed in May 2019 in Massachusetts. In October the systems stopped working. The inverter was not working. As of January 2020 the inverter is still not in place. We are back to paying hefty electricity bills. Sunnova is not capable of giving any timelines for the replacement. I did asked about how can we get some money back. They initially told me there is a minimum guaranteed production price per annum and that is what they are basing their estimate. However they will not assess the first year but rather after 3 years. This company tries to cut costs and corners and let their customers down. No sense of urgency and no working solar system after 3 months of going down. Please avoid them at all costs. They are crooks

Jan 20, 2020

Hello Paul Lang, records show yo have spoken to one of out Issue Resolution Specialist to address your concerns. If you have any additional questions please send your request to information to .^OA

Jane Parmel

January 17th, 2020 Rockaway Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Showed up when promised, helpful staff and installation went quickly!

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Jane, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Hsphirji

January 16th, 2020 Diamond Bar, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova did a very thorough job of planning and executing the installation of the solar system. Their crew did an amazing job during the installation. It’s great having their expertise in making sure your system is designed and installed perfectly:.

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Hsphirji , thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words . Welcome to our Sunnova Family!^MO

Frank Guzman

January 16th, 2020 Boston, MA

I'm new with Sunnova as of today everything is working fine.

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Frank, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Nelson Moore

January 16th, 2020 New Holland, PA

Very professional, prompt, kept us informed at each step. We have not started with billing - but so far very impressive.

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Nelson, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Christopher Kiley

January 16th, 2020 Milford, CT

It was a little while before everything was completely done but I understand that everything had to be inspected and approved

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Christopher, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO