Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

Jerry Minium

April 20th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I gave 5 stars because not only was the installation fast, it was a group of guys that worked great together. The

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Jerry, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Susan Russell

April 20th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They worked hard to meet our special energy needs.

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Susan, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

CE Byrd

April 20th, 2020 Takoma Park, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To start the whole process has been one issue after the other. It took 3 times before the panels could be installed. Once due to inclement weather. Now I finally got the system working and in addition to my solar bill I get a bill form Pepco higher than what I was paying before. I was told I would get 2 bills but the Pepco bill would be lower. That is not true. When I call customer service they just kept reading a script and was told my credit would come at the end of the year if I had one. The payment amount the sales rep gave me is much different than the reality. I am totally unhappy and stuck with this service. I would not recommend doing business with this company. What a ripoff!!!!

Apr 21, 2020

Thank you for reaching out, CE Byrd. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department. Can you please send us a private message with your System ID and a phone number where we can reach you?^JD

Catherine Mannheimer

April 20th, 2020 Bloomfield Hills, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The install team from Trinity were efficient, thoughtful and made for an amazing introduction to the solar experience. Now, I'm seeing the savings with Sunnova. I've been very pleased with the whole process. Now if we could just have a sunnier spring here in New England! Thank you Sunnova, Catherine

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Catherine, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Flossie Ryder

April 20th, 2020 Mechanicsburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My electric bill have dropped considerably!!!

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Flossie Ryder, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Lindsay Veale

April 18th, 2020 Newark, NJ

It was an easy process from start to finish. Really happy with the quote, the design, the installation and now having our system up and going!

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Lindsay, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Geraldine Kuss

April 18th, 2020 New Bedford, MA

We had a great experience from our initial visit with our Salesman Steve. there was no pressure and a great explanation of what to expect. The install was very smooth. We did not like one aspect of the outside appearance and it was fixed quickly to our satisfaction. Our system was turned on this past Wednesday and we are looking forward to our savings on our energy bill. We can easily track our production online and at home.

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Geraldine, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

thomas thurlow

April 18th, 2020 Waterford, CT

I liked all workers,they knew there jobs,electrical,panel installers,sales all excellent. updated often by phone staff. i liked that the phone person was same person each time. Some company's call and seems like explaining things all ready went over with previous operated waste of my time. your company does it right. I remember Stephanie was operated Dwight was who i signed contract with. One problem being contacted last night to do review, stated my ID number sent successfully though email i never received maybe problem on my end i do not know. I hope my happiness continues. please check in 6 months or a year. I feel i will be very happy!!! People i talk to want a few months of my service from your company before they want to talk. how long is my incentive ? Overall i rate your company 100 i am impressed !!!!!

Apr 21, 2020

Good morning Thomas, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Maria Martinez

April 17th, 2020 Dallas, TX

It was a rough start, because I went out of the country, and blotched communication. Once I got in touch with your office everything fell into place, and the speed was great.

Apr 17, 2020

Hello Maria Martinez , we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^OA

Sonya Hart

April 16th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a slow process smh. A lot of issues

Apr 17, 2020

Hello Sonya Hart , thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. One of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement^OA

Howard Guia

April 16th, 2020 Highland Mills, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast, honest, and transparent. Efficient

Apr 16, 2020

Hello Howard Guia , we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^OA

Mike

April 15th, 2020 Fresno, CA

The sales reps and those who came to work were very positive and responsive to questions. And, they were good about cleaning up after themselves. Thank you!

Apr 16, 2020

Good morning Mike, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Chuck Becerra

April 14th, 2020 Newbury Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company. First class service from the beginning to the end. The salesmen was extremely knowledgeable and the contractors who installed it were first rate.

Apr 14, 2020

Thank you Mr. Becerra! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

Andrew and Cheryl

April 13th, 2020 Danbury, CT

Very hard to reach someone to answer questions. I got more information from the installers than anyone else.

Apr 14, 2020

Hello Andrew and Cheryl, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you ^JD

Art Correa

April 6th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nice and polite, but so far I am not getting consistency on power and there is not enough power as I was told. I have to many words to say about what I was told I would have VS. what I have today. No good words to say for now unless ION or SUNNOVA can get me what I was told before they start to bill me. Power is low , not as How I was told. So Far bad product and service unless they make a change.

Jan 30, 2019

Hello Art, we value your feedback and are here to assist you. Could you please provide us with your system id and/or contact information ? we will be glad to contact you and address your concerns. ^KM

Steven

April 6th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tried to get some assistance from their Customer Service department. All the guy could do is read a pre-ordered phone script...each time. I eventually requested to speak with manager and even that was painful and frustrating.

Apr 06, 2020

Thank you for reaching out, Steven. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Customer Service dept. Can you please send us a private message with your System ID and a phone number where we can reach you?

Michael White

April 4th, 2020 Newington, CT

Great people very friendly and knowledgeable. Kept me in the loop all through the installation and activation. Made it a very pleasant experience.

Apr 07, 2020

Hello Michael White , we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^OA

Anthony phillip

April 3rd, 2020 Woodbine, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company to do business with and very dedicated workers

Apr 07, 2020

Hello Anthony phillip , Thank you for your kinds words and 5-star feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^OA

Lisa Aleman

March 30th, 2020 Morrisville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Friendly and fast service. We immediately started seeing the savings in our electric bill.

Mar 31, 2020

Hello Lisa Aleman, Thank you for your 5-star feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^OA

Scott Sullivan

March 26th, 2020 North Easton, MA

Everything about going solar with Sunnova has been amazing. There has been over-the-top communication from start to finish, and the whole process was fast, efficient, and well coordinated. I will be recommending them to all my friends and neighbors.

Mar 27, 2020

Good morning Scott, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Janice Eaves

March 25th, 2020 Fairfield, CA

My experience with Sunnova has been great. Right from the sales rep knocking on my door to the Solar being turned on. Every question I had was answered. Work was done and completed in a timely manner. Would I recommend Sunnova to my friends, the answer is yes.

Mar 26, 2020

Hello Janice, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^JD

david Burnett

March 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really can't say anything negative about our experience with Trinity and Sunnova. The sales person was knowledgeable and friendly. The installers and inspectors were fast, on time and did a great job. We could not believe how quickly we were up and producing power. I would wholeheartedly recommend both Trinity and Sunnova to anyone.

Jul 19, 2019

Good Morning David, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to The Sunnova Family! ^MP

Gracie

March 24th, 2020 Randolph, MA

I love my panels. My electric bill has gone down by almost half, if not half. We had a very mild winter with lots of sunshine, so we got a lot of energy. I would recommend installing panel’s, they’re clean and looks good on my roof. The installation process was very easy, for me, and the workers cleaned up behind themselves. Bravo. Thank you.

Dec 17, 2019

Hello Gracie , we appreciate the positive feedback. We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family!^OA

Liza Pereira

March 23rd, 2020 Deltona, FL

We had many companies come to our house and try to sell us solar panels one even tried to rent solar panels to us but they were not within our budget. Sunova is the only one who offered us exactly what we needed. We are pre-senior citizens and are looking at a fixed budget in which we needed solar panels in order to make sure that our quality of life is not compromised because of the soaring electric rates. So nova offered us a budget based rental of solar panels in which they maintain them for us which is another plus and fits within our budget. We were concerned about any maintenance and repairs that might occur but that worry is completely gone. They are solely responsible for whatever happens to the Panels that is beyond our control. This is the best program out there. As a mathematician the math adds up. I read the entire 32 pages of the contract and everything seemed legitimately good.

Mar 24, 2020

Hello Liza Pereira, we are excited that to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to Solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feed back. ^JD

Tom Lytle

March 23rd, 2020 South El Monte, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service and installation was very professional and clean. It exceeded all my expectations. You differently receive more for your money with this company compared to others and this I know because I extensive research before I purchased...Highly recommend.

Mar 23, 2020

Hello Tom Lytle , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

J Jordan

March 23rd, 2020 North Attleboro, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brian M, the salesman, explained everything so we could understand it. The installation was painless and the installers did a GREAT job. And I am saving on my electric bill... What's better than that!!

Mar 23, 2020

Hello J Jordan , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Barbara Norman

March 18th, 2020 Broad Brook, CT

Excellent customer service. Communication along the way was constant. Always available for questions.

Mar 18, 2020

Hello Barbara Norman , we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Snowmannn Frost

March 16th, 2020 Dana Point, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunova pasted a Sunrun sticker on my inverter that states to call a Sunrun number for servive. I contacted the Sunrun number and was told that there was no contract to service my system. I called Sunova about it. The botyon line was if i needed service they Would contact me in a month ir mote to set up a service date! In addition they misrepresented the ammount of solar power the system can produce, it will not match my historical use and bottm line will never save on my overall electric bill. P My recommendation is to avoid this company.

Mar 17, 2020

Hello Snowmann Frost, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. Would you please send your contact information to resolutions @ sunnova. com and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. ^JD

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rate Sonova this way because of my overall experience throughout the process.Kym G stayed engaged throughout the entire process and still respond when we teach out to her. Great customer experience with her and definitely a 5 star dealing with her. I would have given them a 5 star but the Engineer that came gave me some false info about adding panel on my rear drop roof. I would definitely refer them to anyone interested in solar panels.

Mar 16, 2020

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Peter Landini

March 12th, 2020 Rio Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stephen B, salesperson for Sunnova was professional, knowledgeable and patient with us old folks that had tons of questions. Saving us $$ We are pleased with the quality of our solar. Even the installers were professional! Thank you, Stephen!

Mar 13, 2020

Hello Peter, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Michael Vogl

March 11th, 2020 Tiverton, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Met salesman Jan 25th, started installation Feb 24th, just had system finished, approved, and on-line less than 2 weeks later. WOW!!! Sales person was excellent and knowledgeable, design was spot-on, construction crew was excellent, communication from Sunnova was perfect. I'll see how it all turn out when the bills start coming in, but the actual installation process was beginning to end, excellent...

Mar 13, 2020

Good morning Michael, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Latu Takitaki

March 11th, 2020 Fresno, CA

If you like to go solar choose SUNNOVA. The professional of the work, Quality of the equipment they used, they fast plus you don't have to pay anything they install those solar panels they owned they take of it you just pay the pills,, save money now..."Go SUNNOVA"..

Mar 11, 2020

Hello Latu, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Amber Soto

March 11th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very knowledgeable and friendly. You can rely on providing everything you need with professionalism.

Mar 11, 2020

Hello Amber, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

queen god

March 9th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great people to do business with awesome prices great product like the fact each panel is on its own sistom

Mar 11, 2020

Good morning queen god, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Maria

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Salesperson was personable and knowledgeable

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Maria, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Kim

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were on key on what the next step was n what they were going to do. Everyone was nice n they all worked hard to get stuff done in time.

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Kim, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Peter MacMurray

March 9th, 2020 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Still unclear regarding issues about how my account is tied to my electric bill as well as the systems lack of production on some days

Mar 09, 2020

Hello Peter, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Nancy Antone

March 7th, 2020 Clinton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rick was awesome he walked me through the whole set up all the way to turning it on. We ran into a few issues but the co took care of it at no cost to me

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Nancy Antone, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Donna Sweet

March 7th, 2020 Manchester, CT

The installers arrived on time. Workers were very polite and professional. Everything was completely clean when the job was done. We were notified of each and every step of the process. Great company!

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Donna Sweet, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

SAMUEL BIRTH

March 7th, 2020 Wildwood, NJ

I'm end very disappointed by trinity people took 3 1/2 months go get in end your system only puts out small of electric I use I'm using 2600 kWh a month your system can only supply maybe 750 kWh there was more room in front of my house. trinity bad design and sells man never told me time it takes to get on I hope I save money but way I see it it will cost me more?🤞think I got screwed we'll see?

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Samuel, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us an email with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Martha Richardson

March 6th, 2020 Northampton, MA

At first I felt overwhelmed when discussing the possibility of solar and whether to buy or lease, but the gentleman who explained the process over and over, with unlimited patience, never made me feel "stupid" or bothersome (I emailed many questions to him). He made my choices easier. The guys who installed the panels and the changes to the electrical box were friendly and competent.

Mar 09, 2020

Good morning Martha, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Patience johnson

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Im paying even more than before on my regular bill now i just have two bills

Mar 04, 2020

Hello Patience, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Al Goldsmith

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Efficient and delivered on what they promised

Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Al, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Susan

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are caring, hobest in answering questions to your satisfaction. I think they sre honest. Quick in responding. I commend Kay Heap who is the Tegional mngr.

Mar 04, 2020

Hello Susan, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Nelson Geis

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give 5 stars but there was some hassle getting the paperwork completed to their satisfaction.

Mar 03, 2020

Hello Nelson, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Teri

March 2nd, 2020 Perris, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunnova outlined everything for me in detail. I received emails with progress and what to expect at each phase. They arrived promptly when scheduled. All the employees from sales to install were friendly and helpful. The work was performed in a neat and orderly fashion and never a mess after they were gone. I am so very happy to have used this company for this large decision, I would recommend this company for anyone considering going Solar. Thank you for a job well done.

Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Teri, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Regina Brown

February 29th, 2020 Mansfield, TX

What we liked about the company is that First we went GREEN!!! #CleanAir. Next, the customer service your team of installers that came to my house were PHENOMENAL!!!!(Vincent M, Tevin L, Kendrick M and Austin R) I would like to recommend them to family members. Thank you

Mar 02, 2020

Good Afternoon Regina, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

GRAYCE MOWER

February 29th, 2020 Milford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system has been in a little over a year. We had outrageous electric bills during the months of June-Sept yearly. UI changed meter but did not help. My 2 sons both had Trinity install Solar and are pleased. We changed a little over a year ago and now pay our monthly amount and thats it. Very happy with it and Trinity. If you have Sun ,Make the change. You wont be sorry!

Mar 03, 2020

Good morning Grayce, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mary

February 27th, 2020 Sewell, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealing with Sunnova was a very pleasant experience since day one. Everyone I spoke to each time was very kind, courteous, and tended to each and every question or concern that I had. I was nervous about making this change as a single parent, however, Sunnova made me feel right at home and that I made the right choice! Thank You Sunnova!

Mar 02, 2020

Good morning Mary, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Joanne newcomb

February 25th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very kind,efficient people who I talk to and came to my home. Thanks

Feb 26, 2020

Hello Joanne, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^OA