Sunnova

8.5

Ben Slagan

I was skeptical about going solar but a coworker of mine has had it for several years now and suggested this company. It was a long process but I am glad my wife and I choose to do it. Any questions I have had were answered in a timely manner with knowledgeable answers.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Ben Slagan, thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Sunnova family! **MV

Oct. 18th, 2022

Vlf Springfield, MA

Very professional. Timely responses, took care of everything

1 day ago

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Vlf! We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *DMS*

Jan. 31st, 2023

damen milewski Philadelphia, PA

From the start my rep was super involved and laid back, I explained my situation with an insurance claim and he was working with me every step of the way. Christopher R never pressured me to move any faster than I felt like moving forward. The day came that my claim was dropped and everything was on me, he worked very hard to find me the best deal on a roof and was very transparent on the costs, I could say enough good thing about he approach and the work he did for me. The day came for the roof and solar to be installed. Absolute professionals, worked quick like a well oiled machine. The roofing crew left my yard cleaner than when they started. The solar crew came a few days later. They did an amazing job, im very picky and im satisfied with how clean the install went all the way down to the conduit being ran through the roof and out the soffit to the contactor. When I saw the level on the contactor box knew these guys were awesome. Very knowledgeable crew they even showed me something in my panel that wasnt quite right previously done and how to correct it. The engineers decided that bracing was needed. The guys came back and knocked it out, they asked if I was planning to turn the attic into a room cause they would adjust the bracing to accommodate that scenario. All in all I couldnt be happier with my sales and installers. The system is operating now but the weather hasnt been great to see the actual performance.

Thank you for the kind words, Damen. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

May. 19th, 2022

Paul Picken Ledyard, CT

Just so happy with seamless transition. We are in our 3rd year. Only had to call for service once. Sunnova responded very quickly to rectify the issue. One panel was not producing due to micro inverter. They responded with a quick switch over. Was amazed at the technology that the repair man knew exactly which one it was as it showed on his phone app..

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you Paul]! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to Sunnova family! ^vb

May. 24th, 2021

Tom & Gina Piper Blandford, MA

Everyone from start to finish was polite and professional. They said that my roof needed replacement and did the replacement at no cost to me. The electricians and the carpenters were great, they spread grass seed where they had to dig to bury the cable. The customer service always called to give updates and things that we needed to do for the hookups.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Piper, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback!^JD

Jun. 16th, 2020

Randall Witkos West Hartford, CT

Great to work with and the process was easy. A special thank you to Devlin Contracting who put in my system!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Randall Witkos, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *DMS*

Jan. 18th, 2023

acl Waipahu, HI

Sunnova is a great company - I feel there's transparency and efficiency with Sunnova and their partners, like Malama Solar.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello acl, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *EO*

Dec. 27th, 2022

Danny Burns Plano, TX

Great Service! And nowadays, this is rare. The install was done by professionals and the City of Plano passed inspection on the first appointment!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Danny Burns, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. *LS*

Dec. 27th, 2022

Kelly Baptista Magalia, CA

Communication with Premier Solar was terrible. Installation of tesla battery took forever. I asked for explanation of monitoring system and I was told to look at the app, but the app was confusing. I finally called and requested someone come and talk to me and show me how it works. And, I am no dummy

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kelly Baptista, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. +KL

Dec. 20th, 2022

Somjira Namarsa San Antonio, TX

Sunnova does not have a streamline process. We received email from one person but when we call back, it’s usually 3 other people we have to talk to who may or may not be in the loop of the information discussed previously. Long waits, weeks, to receive call back or updates. By far, this was one of the worst company to communicate with in my life!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Somjira Namarsa, we apologize for the inconvenience. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at? *DMS*

Harry Ureña Bridgeport, CT

Great customer experience. So professional. They guide you step by step during the process to become energy efficient and free.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Harry Ureña! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *DMS*

Valencia Griffin Riverside, CA

My experience with Sunnova was very good. The representative was friendly and very helpful with all my questions and concerns. He was always available when I called him.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Valencia Griffin! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *DMS*

Nov. 30th, 2022

Angelica Moreno Glendale, AZ

GREAT COMMUNICATION, CUSTOMER SERIVCE , ALL WHO HAVE BEEN BY THE HOUSE OR CALLED, TEXT AND EMAILED HAVE BEEN POLITE, UNDERSTANDING AND WORKED TO 100 % SATISFACTORY

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Angelica Moreno! We appreciate your 5 star review. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *LG*

Nov. 18th, 2022

Carla Strycharz

Everybody in this company was friendly and helpful. They were eager to answer any and all of my questions. They also explained everything they were doing and reasons why.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Carla Strycharz! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! * LG

Nov. 17th, 2022

Robert Petlansky

Honest up front from the first sales contact all the way through to the final installation. I have and will keep on recommending Trinity solar to anyone who asks.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Robert Petlansky! We appreciate your 5 star review. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *LG*

Nov. 15th, 2022

John Alvarez Wayne, PA

From the Sales to installation, everything was done on a professional level. All of my questions were answered and I was completely satisfied with everything.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, John Alvarez! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! *LS*

Nov. 9th, 2022

Louis LaBrunda Whiting, NJ

Customer Review Video

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Louis LaBrunda, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *DMS*

Nov. 3rd, 2022

William Federowicz Oxford, CT

Sunova was great. The technicians were very friendly and thorough in their work. They took the time to answer all my questions and did not mind me looking over their shoulders while they explained what they were doing.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello William Federowicz, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *DMS*

Oct. 31st, 2022

Ortiz Fresno, CA

The system is operating normally, and the installation seems to have been done well. I understand Sunnova did not install it but subcontracted it to a local installer, so maybe that doesn't speak about Sunnova itself. I did not choose Sunnova, it was the only *option* I had when I bought my new construction home. What I do not like about Sunnova: - First and most importantly, their customer service. It took 3+ months to get PTO from the utility. There is ZERO initiative from the Sunnova interconnection department to look into projects that are not moving along and getting a response to emails is impossible. I had to call and email countless times just to get an update, and was quickly dismissed with the usual 'we're waiting on the utility' response. I had to beg them to follow up with the utility to see if anything was wrong and eventually they escalated it. The second thing I dislike about Sunnova is their pricing -- they charged me more than DOUBLE what you'd expect for such an installation, especially considering it was for a new construction which greatly simplifies it. I've worked in solar for 10 years and this price per watt was hard to be okay with. Again, I didn't have a choice, the home came with a Sunnova system and it's possible that the price was not just set by Sunnova but by the builder as well (even though the builder explained they had no say on the price of the system).

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out, Mr. Ortiz! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent!^AG

Oct. 31st, 2022

Debra Earle Boston, MA

First of all it’s not a scam like some others. The people are very professional. Very clean when they’re done I never could tell they were even here. Very professional on the phone if you have any problems.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Debra Earle, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Oct. 28th, 2022

Karen Berlin, CT

We knew nothing about Solar and were led step by step so we had no questions. Employees know what they are doing and don’t leave until next step is thoroughly explained. Everyone is professional and knows their job.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Karen! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *DMS*

Oct. 25th, 2022

Frances Flammia Toms River, NJ

The people I have been on the phone with and in person are the nicest people you will ever want to meet. They do not let you go until all your concerns are met and want you to feel that they are there for you.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Frances Flammia, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. *LS*

Oct. 21st, 2022

Ioan Caramihai Elmira, NY

The system is just working. Maybe squirrel guards would have been nice.I don’t know about mobile app availability but if there’s one it should alert for any interruptions in service.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Ioan Caramihai, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *LS*

Oct. 21st, 2022

George C Schreiber Carlisle, PA

Was fine with 95% of process Trouble with some follow up.

17 hours ago

Reply from Sunnova

Hi George C Schreiber! We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *DMS*

Feb. 1st, 2023

Barbara Sutherland Plano, TX

I got my panels on on June 1st guy came out inspected it so it's good to go August 15th I finally got them turned on why does it take so long to turn them on I don't get too free months of this they're going to start taking out money on my account probably the first to September which is not right you call the represented that sells you the solar panels he don't call you back he text you I'm in a mean I'll call you back and he never does they'd be nice if they if I know how much I'm going to have to pay for my electric now right now my bills 400 and something dollars it could have been nice if I had them on sooner

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Barbara Sutherland, we are sorry to hear that. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at?*LS*

Aug. 23rd, 2022

mary eisenhaur Medford, MA

From enrollment to connection the process was clear and seemless. All questions were addressed and answered immediately. Dave our salesman was informative and NOT pushy. He allowed us time to look over numbers and make an informed decision. Our concierge Sarah was fantastic, kept us 100% informed of our time line. All questions were answered immediately. Best decision ever to go with Trinity/Sunnova!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello mary eisenhaur, We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to Sunnova Family! *LS*

Jul. 14th, 2022

Veramarie Cervellero Reading, PA

I had a very positive experience with all workers assigned to my project. It started with my first appointment that explained the presentation, was advised of all necessary appointments, all necessary paperwork filed with the township and electric company. Notified I'm advance of all scheduled days work would be done. I'm addition, thete was a person assigned do me due answering any questions and/us concerns that I gas along the way. Ya a side note, all Pamela were installed I'm one day.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Veramarie Cervellero, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^AG

Jun. 28th, 2022

Benjamin Sepulveda Wesley Chapel, FL

Originally, our sales person did a wonderful job of explaining how the system worked as well as the purchasing process and contractual nuances. Once we signed the contract, not only was the process going forward moving very slow, but communication was horrendous. Also, some of the additional perks promised have not been delivered and when we finally got an explanation as to the delay, we were provided with new reasons that had not been explained before. I cannot comment on how well the system works since it’s been active for about two weeks, but we are not impressed with the Customer Service and communication level.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback, Benjamin . Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a private message at [email protected] with your contact information. Thank you.^JD

Jun. 10th, 2022

Ed Dubiel Methuen, MA

Entire crew from sales to implementation did an excellent profession job. Answered all my questions and resolved any issues quickly to ensure timely implementation of the system. Excellent communications and teamwork throughout the project.

Thank you for the kind words, Ed. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

Jan. 12th, 2022

Shawn Connors Holliston, MA

They were great to work with. Included a new roof in my lease too. Their Master Electrician fixed many issues in my existing panel and made the entire panel more efficient and neat. The install crew was very professional and neat as well. I would highly recommend Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Shawn, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^JD

Nov. 16th, 2021

George Lohstroh Fullerton, CA

The installation went smoothly and the payments so far so good. However, I've not heard from any service Rep on how my system is doing. Also I was told that the panels would get cleaned now and then, we'll it's been 2 years and haven't been cleaned? When do they need cleaning?

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you George ! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We’ll look into this right away. Thank you. ^VB

Jun. 29th, 2021

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool

I rate Sonova this way because of my overall experience throughout the process.Kym G stayed engaged throughout the entire process and still respond when we teach out to her. Great customer experience with her and definitely a 5 star dealing with her. I would have given them a 5 star but the Engineer that came gave me some false info about adding panel on my rear drop roof. I would definitely refer them to anyone interested in solar panels.

Reply from Sunnova

Wazeer and Anjana Abdool, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Mar. 16th, 2020

Julia Schonert

I was told that if I had to switch providers that I all fees would be covered. That was an actual lie. I was told that my name would be added for a referral fee to those I recommended. I didn't personally know two that I recommended and was told James would take care of it. He ended up quitting and for the two I referred to him and that signed for service, I didn't get a referral fee. I felt duped. James didn't recommend the right number of panels to begin with. That had to be fixed. The person that fixed this was great but I am still out my electric fee and never received the other two referral fees. That is deceptive. I actually still have in writing his promises but that hasn't been honored since he quit. So no, I will never refer this organization again. I referred at least 3 that signed up and had touted the benefits for months but I can't in good conscience do that again.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Julia Schonert, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you with 1-2 business hours. ^OA

Feb. 15th, 2020

Matt

I'm generally happy with the solar system and its benefits. I am not happy with how long it took for the system to be installed and the loan for the purchase of the system. Sunnova may not be the party responsible for the slow installation (Trinity Solar was the company). The agreement was finalized early August and the system was turned on late December. Dealing with Sunnova on the loan has felt like nothing other than a "money grab". I had the resources available to pay off my loan immediately and was not able to. I called Sunnova a few times on this and was told different things, including that I had to wait for the system to be turned on to pay it off and then that I had to wait for my first bill to pay it off. Waiting for the first bill meant that I had to pay that first bill (which was made up of mostly interest) and then pay the system off. In total, I paid $440 more than the agreement's system cost. I tried to avoid paying anything more than the system cost and was not able to do that. So, this review reflects that frustration more than anything else. The staff I spoke to on the phone was always pleasant and mostly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I had to speak with them more often than any customer should in order to understand payoff options.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Matt, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jim

the system was installed in July and wasn't activated till mid December so how can I rate them when I still haven't actually been able to realize any energy results I also agreed to solar both as a cost savings and as a means of cutting down on fossil fuels and even though I was informed at the time and it may be that Suunova has no say in it...I find it disturbing that I have a lot more square footage that could hold panels to make my house far more energy efficient there fore I am unwilling to throw out any high ratings at this time...I may change my mind when I see real results of putting the solar panels on my home but whether it be the governement regulation or company policies it is deceiving to say I am being as enegery efficient and helping to cut down on my so called carbon footprint when it is clear that my roof could support a good number of additional panels...you asked I told you....

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jim, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jaime Corbu

I'm very satisfied with my service. From the salesman to the installers both roof and solar panels and everyone in between, the process was done timely, efficiently and all of my questions were answered at any time during the process.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Jaime, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Feb. 11th, 2020

Stephen Myers Oakley, CA

I have been calling V3 customer service trying to get answers on the way my LG battery is working, It has been over three week of phone calls after phones trying to get answer and not get anywhere. Being an electrician myself. It's a simple program change that can be done remotely from V3 office. Other then that we are still waiting to see how thing play out with the new system.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Stephen, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!.^MO

Jan. 14th, 2020

Talley

We appreciated the financing arrangement included - that was a big draw. But I got confused by suddenly dealing with Current Home; I didn't understand who that was. Then someone else came to do installation. Current Home set uip an appointment, the installer came on a different day and time. It got very confusing; I was not kept informed of what was going on, by whom, or when. I was not happy.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Talley, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Jan. 8th, 2020

Robert

So far so good, no issues with Sunnova / Trinity. Installation in one day. Just a few weeks to go on-line. Very happy with power being generated. Didn't pay a dime for the system, just paying for electricity being generated. Having issues with National grid and highly estimated bills. Hope to get them resolved soon.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Robert, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Nov. 4th, 2019

Duane Jahn

Sunnova professionalism at the highest level on every step of the installation process. I was in constant contact with them throughout the whole process. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in lowering their energy footprint.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Duane, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Oct. 29th, 2019

Jpond

Completely professional company from beginning to end. Very happy with my system!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Jpond! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *DMS*

Jan. 17th, 2023

alberniz Garcia

No complaints. Everything was explained fully and everything was completed very smooth

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Alberniz! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *EB*

Jan. 6th, 2023

Craig Pearson Brandywine, MD

They made the process smooth and easy to switch from regular energy to solar. Love it thus far!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Craig Pearson! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *JM*

Jan. 8th, 2023

Hui Lan LEWIS Surprise, AZ

Great customer service. Your representatives were informative and friendly. Fast and efficient service.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Hui Lan Lewis! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *LG*

Dec. 28th, 2022

Derrick Brantley Harker Heights, TX

Friendly and professional service. The sales representative had some of major questions me and wife wanted to know

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Derrick Brantley! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *DMS*

Susan Lori WA

They did what they said they would do. No delays, no excuses, was informed during the whole process.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Susan Lori! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! *DMS*

Sondra Kelly Balch Springs, TX

So far easy access. I have not had enough time to really rate you . I have had you for one week,but good so far

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Sondra Kelly! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence! *DMS*

Mark A Stocking Blythe, CA

The installation crew was on time, professional and the quality of work was excellent. Andy and his crew were 5 star.

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Mark A Stocking! We appreciate your 5-star review. Thank you for being part of the Sunnova Family! *XR*

Dec. 16th, 2022

Faith Leon Guerrero

I like the steady monthly payments. I like receiving the emails showing the production versus the consumption.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Faith Leon Guerrero, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. *XR*

Dec. 12th, 2022

Bob Leabhart Philadelphia, PA

It’s been a bit of a process getting the system installed and up and running. Haven’t had any billing experience yet.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Bob Leabhart! We aim to provide the best customer experience. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! *KL*

Dec. 8th, 2022