Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country. The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, with an additional 10-year roof warranty. Meanwhile, the Sunnova Adaptive Home solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner. The solar service provider offers a number of financing options, but conditions do apply.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options, including a solar lease and PPA, and moving options to help customers establish energy independence.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

Bob Mosemak

July 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I began communicating with Sunnova in NOVEMBER 27 2019 about a roof leak I had under their panels, Its now July 7 2020 and still no work has begun. Their customer service kept giving me the run around. They sent a tech from another company in March 2020 who took photos and stated it was a poor installation where the tiles were moved exposing area, now I have wood rot and still nothing has been done. They did send a Sunnova tech out to repair a network problem and he had no information about the roof repair. Now I see why this company is a nightmare and my next step id to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. These people should be arrested.

Jul 08, 2020

Hello Bob Mosemak, we are sorry you had to go through this ordeal. thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. I will forward your concern to the appropriate department to have one of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you shortly.^OA

Lisa Guarino

July 6th, 2020 Pawtucket, RI

We left the customer service was very good and are proud of now using an alternative energy for our home.

Jul 07, 2020

Good morning Lisa, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Paul C.

July 5th, 2020 Branford, CT

Sunnova made the whole process so easy. All I did was sat back and watch the pros work. No out of pocket costs, a neat installation, and no worries!

Jul 07, 2020

Good morning Paul C, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Martin Horne

July 2nd, 2020 Mascoutah, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent clarity and follow up. Highly recommend

Jul 03, 2020

Thank you for sharing your 5-star review! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^OA

Joshua Thomas-Castro

July 1st, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great fast service from the day I met with the sales rep I had my panels up and running with in 10 days

Jul 03, 2020

Hello Joshua Thomas-Castro, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback.^OA

MARICAR REMIGIO

June 30th, 2020 Hackensack, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a complete nightmare. The representative told us when we signed the contract that the company will take care of removal if we need construction. We made the arrangements and made several follow ups phone call. But one of the call we were also informed that we have to cover for the expenses and we have to wait for the contractors to call us for the quote. It has been a month and we are still waiting for a call and for a quote for them. The call agent is respectful but Sunnova company is all for themselves. I can't wait to get rid of it. But I am on a 25 years lease. I just have to hope I could sell the house or wait for my term.

Jun 30, 2020

Hello MARICAR REMIGIO, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. One of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly.^OA

Syeda

June 29th, 2020 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service and saving a lot on our electricity bill 😀

Thank you for the note, Syeda. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

Joseph Beauzile

June 27th, 2020 Valley Stream, NY

When Sunnova Rep contacted me about solar system, I wad not really on board. After explaining to me how they operate, I felt differently. He promised me that my bill will be below $50.00 and my PSEG Bill will also be below $70.00. My PSEG bills used to be very high. It took me 4 months since I get Sunnova to see my PSEG bill below &50.00. I hope it says that way. I could not be happier. Thank you Sunnova!!!

Jun 29, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story Joseph! We are thrilled you make the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Diane Fratto

June 27th, 2020 Bellmawr, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So easy to go solar! They take care of everything , and keep you updated during the entire process!

Jun 29, 2020

Diane, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Walter Palacios

June 27th, 2020 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

excellent service I recommend saving money and I have no problems with the system

Thank you for the note, Walter. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Dorothy Reid

June 26th, 2020 Mechanicsville, MD

Although it has been a while since our panels were installed we really have enjoyed working with Sunnova. There were a few problems in the beginning, but the company was very professional and timely with solving them. A lot of the delay was due to the pandemic , but after the county starting opening back up, they immediately came out to correct the problem. I would highly recommend Sunnova.

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story, Dorothy! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Ronald S Munson

June 24th, 2020 Bullhead City, AZ

The entire staff from Sales to installation was friendly, proffesional and efficient.

Jun 25, 2020

Mr. Munson, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Beth Phillips

June 22nd, 2020 Millerstown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great product, knowledgeable and pleasant people to work with, good customer service.

Thank you for the note, Beth. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

David M. Walker

June 22nd, 2020 Deltona, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far the system is not doing what I was sold on.

Jun 22, 2020

Hello Mr. Walker, Thank you for reaching out. I see that the agent assisting you with your open case did attempt to reach out to you earlier today. I will contact her directly so she can follow up with you again tomorrow to address these issues for you. Thank you.^JD

Unhappy

June 19th, 2020 Clovis, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got solar to help save money, like everyone else. It was put in last year. Our true up was $800.00 this year. Found out that our solar system wasn’t working!😳. We have been making monthly payments just to have panels on our roof that weren’t working. They will not compensate us in any way for their mistake. All we got was an I’m sorry. We also got holes in our kitchen ceiling from their nails.

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with production and the holes in the kitchen. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you.^JD

mike

June 19th, 2020 Fall River, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Your associate Mr. Jeff B was extremely knowledgeably . He guided me throughout the entire process. He answered all of my questions and when something came up he he reached out to me ASAP which i appreciated. Being a new customer i have no complaints. Bring on the clean energy.

Jun 19, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story Mike! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Micheal Millsaps

June 16th, 2020 Exeter, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy people to deal with. The sales team were friendly, forthcoming and answered all of my questions.

Jun 16, 2020

Mr. Millsaps, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Mary Wilhelm

June 16th, 2020 Carlisle, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought I'd get a better savings on my electric bill.

Jun 16, 2020

Hello Mary, we are here to help. One of our agents will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JD

Ms. Aleasher Bryant

June 16th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good Service and Product and Saving me Money

Jun 16, 2020

Ms. Bryant, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Marilyn Cunningham-Williams

June 16th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The workers were on point in knowing what to do, they did a bumper job!!!

Thank you for the note, Marilyn. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Larry Shaffer

June 16th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sun nova has lived up to the salesman guarantee.

Thank you for your note, Larry. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

Danny DaPonte

June 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great program! We were able to save 100’s per month with no cost out of pocket

Thank you for the note, Danny. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Alfonso Legaspi

June 16th, 2020 Waipahu, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good service and promptness in delivery of goods and services

Jun 16, 2020

Mr. Legaspi, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Tom & Gina Piper

June 16th, 2020 Blandford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone from start to finish was polite and professional. They said that my roof needed replacement and did the replacement at no cost to me. The electricians and the carpenters were great, they spread grass seed where they had to dig to bury the cable. The customer service always called to give updates and things that we needed to do for the hookups.

Jun 16, 2020

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Piper, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback!^JD

Carla Cicchi

June 16th, 2020 Placerville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are great, straightforward, and I am very happy being with them.

Thank you for the note, Carla. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Brady

June 15th, 2020 Bethel, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wonderful company. Each and every employee that I have dealt with has been professional and amazing. The time line for our Solar system was spot on... It has been a pleasure doing business with them.. We made the right choice.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story Brady! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Carmen Alessi

June 14th, 2020 Cape May, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was simple and accessible. The service is professional and friendly. And the product I am enjoying is awesome.

Thank you for the note, Carmen. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

L.Gist

June 13th, 2020 Corona, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was extremely pleased with the customer service positive attitude and I appreciated all the knowledge as they answered every question

Thank you for the note, L.Gist. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Barbara McNamara

June 11th, 2020 New Haven, CT

Everyone was pleasant and helpful whenever I called.

Thank you for the note, Barbara. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Dale Davids

June 11th, 2020 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company, set me up with solar for the right price and I am loving it.

Jun 12, 2020

Good morning Dale, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Carrie Rhodes

June 11th, 2020 Mount Union, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone we've worked with from beginning to end did all they could to help us through this process. From the initial sales person to the installers. Everyone was great. The installers were very polite, cleaned up after themselves and were done long before we thought they would be. Thank you all.

Jun 12, 2020

Good morning Carrie, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Laura Carmona Danahy

June 10th, 2020 Encinitas, CA

Sunnova is a company with a lot of integrity. Every time I have a question, I get a fast response. They seem to care about all their customers. The entire process of purchasing solar was very easy and quote seamless. I would recommend Sunnova to someone looking to install solar in their home.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you Laura! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. Thank you for helping us convert more homes into energy saving power power houses!^JD

Gay Johnson

June 10th, 2020 Lemoore, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Staff is very helpful polite kind. If an issue came up they were on it right away.

Thank you for the note, Gay. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

manuel paez

June 9th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Horrible, poor customer, deceitful salesman. Unprofessional staff.

Jun 10, 2020

Hello Mr. Paez, We are here to help. Can you please send us a private message with your System ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you.^JD

Luis Abreu

June 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They prove to me to be the best all they promised was delivered to me I’m grateful for everything I received from this company

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Luis, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Barbara Dearth

June 8th, 2020 Orleans, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Start to finish awesome care of customer

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Barbara, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Bert Coble

June 8th, 2020 Annapolis, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I want a paper record, they won't give it to me

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Bert, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are a paperless company and all correspondence is sent via email. If you need additional assistance please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you ^MP

Bob Seier

June 8th, 2020 Laurys Station, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First rate from job conception through construction.

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Bob, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Ronald Duarte

June 8th, 2020 New Bedford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simply save me money and excellent service.

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Ronald, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Richard J. Golding Sr.

June 8th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was told to me in detail from our Saleswomen Susan whom is so knowledgeable here in Las Vegas Nv.

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Richard, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Tommy

June 8th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They always keep me updated on my account

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Tommy, Thank you for your positive feedback sand welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Nelson Mohr

June 8th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honest service at a fair price. Peace of mind.

Jun 09, 2020

Good morning Nelson, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Donald & Cathy Tolen

June 6th, 2020 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have spoken to several employees and had a pleasant conversation and got all my questions answered on one call. This company works for their customers and not against them. Everything you get from this company...ex: bills, e-mails, what your solar is doing is easy to read and understand. Good job Sunnova and keep up the good work!

Jun 08, 2020

Good afternoon Donald, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Toni Moldenhauer

June 5th, 2020 Cheshire, CT

The entire process from beginning to end was a positive one. The individuals were knowledgeable, patient in answering questions, not pushy. Once the work began the workers were efficient and motivated and cleaned up after themselves well. Between the different stages there was good communication so I was aware of what was happening. Everyone was very considerate of the issues brought on by CoVid 19.

Jun 08, 2020

Good afternoon Toni, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Anne O'Neil

June 5th, 2020 Pacoima, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Sunnova was very good. They responded quickly and efficiently to any issues I had. They are very professional and easy to work with.

Jun 08, 2020

Good afternoon Anne, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mark

June 4th, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Entire staff friendly caring professional

Thank you for the note, Mark. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

Juan Acevedo

June 4th, 2020 Cranston, RI

I'm going to pay less money guarantee always going to pay the same

Thank you for the note, Mr. Acevedo. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^JD

David breton

June 3rd, 2020 Norcross, GA

Best folks I've ever met very professional polite answered every question I had I am refuring more folks as we speak

Jun 04, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story Mr. Brenton! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar and join us on our mission to provide energy independence!^JD

Col. Papa Gene

June 3rd, 2020 Gilroy, CA

They were upfront with all of the information. They answered all of my questions and kept their word. The system was installed in one day. After the final inspection by the county, PG&E authorized the system and allowed it turned on in one day. I was impressed. Thank you, Sunnova.

Jun 03, 2020

Good morning Col. Papa Gene, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family. ^MP

Gloria Louise Broussard

May 30th, 2020 Houston, TX

I like the savings . I don't like the way I have been treated regarding my contract. I have been put aside, like it doesn't matter.

Jun 01, 2020

Hello Mrs. Broussard, we are here to help. One of our agents will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. Thank you. ^JD